Speaker 1: You are listening to the Daily Best of the Rick Burgers Show. Hey, catch the entire show wherever you get podcasts, or watch us live and archived on YouTube. And subscribers can watch the Daily Best of the Rick Burgers Show on Blaze TV.
Speaker 2: Thanks for watching and listening, and be sure.
Speaker 1: To follow us on social media for more from the whole gang at the Rick Burgers Show.
Speaker 3: Really Your America, South Georgia says, hey, hey, hey, Bertie, I'm ready, Buster Brown Drivers, Climo Alabama money Man is ready.
Speaker 4: Somebody said I got.
Speaker 2: No power about ready.
Speaker 5: Ready.
Speaker 3: The Bearcats of Weaver, Alabama are ready.
Speaker 6: Valley Grand Warrior grass Cutters are ready. The brew Boys, the Brood Boys, let's go. There's the great State of Pennsylvania. That's Detroit, Rock.
Speaker 2: City, Baldwyn County. A new daddy with a new born is ready.
Speaker 4: Let's go.
Speaker 2: Bolting materials, we be ready.
Speaker 3: Walmart drivers in Florida are ready.
Speaker 6: Northwest Florida beats his International Airport.
Speaker 2: You better believe they're ready. Somebody say, hey, birds, I'm ready lift some how about this Lisbon, New Hampshire ready to go? All right?
Speaker 1: The locals say, New Hampshire here, So we do have a lot to do. Speedy, Greg and Adler are here, and by the grace of Almighty God, I'm here, my goodness, anybody Lord the hell. Humans shouldn't be treated like.
Speaker 2: Cattle.
Speaker 1: Human human being shouldn't be treated Where do we begin? Human being shouldn't be treated like that. We gotta we gotta get better. I mean we just airports and commercial we just got to get better. Just work, which it's just it is just.
Speaker 2: I mean, I I'll just tell you this right now.
Speaker 1: Is because you know, sometimes you get enough points or whatever, you can get upgraded the first class and things like this. Now, other than a little bit of a roomy or seat, first class ain't ain't nothing. You ain't get anything worth the money. He ain't get anything up there.
Speaker 2: And more leg room and a comfortable, more comfortable seat.
Speaker 1: You get to get on the plane first But you still can't have nothing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're still in a tube.
Speaker 1: Didn't get a snack in the middle of not couldn't get a snack?
Speaker 2: Wow deal in the tube? Take up in the air.
Speaker 1: How hard is it to grab a snack basket? By the way, I see that the plane has settled down. You're not in your seat anymore. If you're walking around, bring you something now if you if we're if it's unsafe staying you see, but if you're up moving around slamming doors while we're trying to sleep, go ahead and bring the snack. Yeah, well you had it.
Speaker 4: Come on, who's surprised that Rick is here? Right now?
Speaker 2: I am, so you are incredibly surprised. If you lived it out in real time, you are very surprised he's here. So you're gonna have to start and up.
Speaker 4: No, No, I had an incredibly surprised.
Speaker 1: I had already. I was already negotiating. All right, who gets the hotel rooms?
Speaker 2: Or am I going?
Speaker 7: Am i?
Speaker 1: Am I just staying here in the airport? At where am I sleeping? You know another thing? There's nowhere to sleep. You would think you would think airports would be designed to say they leave people hanging all the time. They would be designed therese more places lay down.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you can't, benches, bunks, something.
Speaker 1: It was something, man, But it kills us to have a blanket.
Speaker 8: People get straighted there all the time.
Speaker 1: Well, no, how about this, if you let me tell you go off into that airport world. Man, it's just such a lonely, sad world. Yeah, and you just feel you're cut off from the from life, your your life is passing before your eyes, and you're losing life, and you're accomplishing nothing, and you're just you're just hanging around. You're just like a You're just like a vagrant, you're just wondering. I feel it's it's awful. It's just terrible. I hate an airport.
Speaker 5: I feel like if we dug into it, we would find out that like hotels that surround airports are the ones that are buying the furniture for the airports. I think, here's the here's a chair, it's got spikes on it, so you can't lay down. I think if we dug into that, we might find something.
Speaker 1: Something's going on. It's it's some sort of racket that Greg needs to figure out. It just it's just so and and there's just no one. No one communicates, no one seems joyful, no one seems happy, no joy, no joy. It's just there's just no I mean, at one point I just closed my eyes and I just listened to the anguish. It was just the whole airport, the sounds of anguish. You could you could see people running desperately. You could hear kids crying, kids moaning, of couples fighting. I mean the airline people. They're mad at each other. They seem somewhat mad at us. I don't know why they're mad at us. We didn't do anything. We just want to know. Batle seat, Yeah, you did well, we just want to know. Just please communicate with us, and when you do, let's have the PA working. If you're gonna tell you, our lives are on the very line. If you've got a big announcement, let's hear it. Yeah, you know some people you hear clearly, you can go to the next gate. Can't hear anything, I mean, you just can't hear anything. Yeah, hey, put the.
Speaker 2: Mic up to your mouth, now speak. We can't hear you.
Speaker 1: Don't speak with the mask on, You're not That mask is not doing any good anyway. Please take it off.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: I know I shouldn't have said that. I actually said that. You actually said that I needed some information and I couldn't understand what she was saying. I said, you know that mask is not doing any good. Well, please take it off. Take it off.
Speaker 2: I was at the end of the rope then I was at the end of the rope.
Speaker 1: Then get you a stupid mask. This is big information I need from you, and I can't hear you. I feel like I'm in a Western and you're robbing the saloon.
Speaker 4: Yeah, stick them up?
Speaker 2: Is that what you say? No, So everybody's trying to figure out what in the world we're talking about.
Speaker 7: Ri.
Speaker 2: Ri's going off just a few hours. It's sleep. He got in around midnight last night from going to speak in Texas. He got he got hung out in Dallas and thought he was going to miss today's show.
Speaker 1: How long did you that?
Speaker 2: That's kind of what we're talking about, and so and so. But but to hear him play it out, and you know, nobody likes for this to happen, but bless your heart, you're the last one it needs.
Speaker 1: To happen to it.
Speaker 2: It's just because it drive Domino crazy.
Speaker 1: And it's Domino effect too.
Speaker 2: I don't have that. I work on two.
Speaker 1: I realized that I'm just gonna have to just realize it. Yeah, Rick, buddy, Hey, look you Steff in the mirror, your your life. You work on two tight of margins. I heard people like that were in the hell with me and They were just making adjustments to their day, same things like I think I'll go in at nine. Uh yeah. I tell you what I'm gonna do is I'm gonna I'm gonna go ahead and sleep and and then I'll just go into work and and and just work later. And I think, well, that must be nice. I don't have those kind of margins now. My My work day starts at the exact same time every day, and there's no there's no moving it. You don't go. I think, what's the show back when we start to show it at eleven? I mean, you don't get to do that. And it's the margins, rick, They're just too tight.
Speaker 2: You can't.
Speaker 1: The commercial airline world does not lend itself to type margins.
Speaker 2: You know what I told you.
Speaker 1: We've said this a thousand times. And if I ever invented straight up airlines, that's what I'd say is, hey, welcome, We charge you a buttload of money. It's not inexpensive. At no point during this where you feel like you're getting your money's worth. You will not be The days have this been a luxury situation are over. You'll be treated like livestock, and you better sit down, shut up and we'll get you where you're going at some point. Yeah, And if you're on a schedule, don't you upset us by telling us that, okay, nothing, we're gonna do it because we're not.
Speaker 2: Hey, we're not.
Speaker 1: All of our schedules they're just they don't mean anything. And hey, we might move your gate and not tell you about it, you know, And that hurt. By the way, I went from never depending on technology to becoming too dependent on technology to me. See, I think the app is the gospel, and that's wrong, it's not. There were so many changes to my life trying to get home. The app could not keep up with it. At one point, at one point that it's the app spun and they just had shoulders shrugging.
Speaker 2: Rick.
Speaker 1: At this point, you ask somebody, Rick, we can't keep up with it. They had me headed in so many different gates and so many wrong directions. It was chasing this and chasing that, delay this and this going over here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and look, and by the way, I know, I know I.
Speaker 1: Owe an older lady who sat next to me last night in the middle of the night, and I just want to apologize to her. And I'll tell you about that a little bit. No, no, no, I didn't offend. Well I did, but it was it came from amen. I was trying to be big hearted and no at no point, by the way, I want you all know during this and this is this is this is growth. And now you'll hear it different today because I'm tired and and I'm more down and my and the schedule just begins. Sure, Okay, I was just in pregame.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's the last thing need to happen. And so what I'm saying though, is I never acted up. I never lost it with anybody, nothing like that. Didn't rebel I didn't. I did rebel rals Okay, I knew it. Yeah, yeah, And that's sherifsh is really that maybe one things I do that's the most destructive.
Speaker 8: You'll cause problems.
Speaker 1: I get, I get the gate turning on everybody, uh huh.
Speaker 2: And then you sit back and watch everybody acting full.
Speaker 4: You'll lead it uprising.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah. And also you see it bouncing, right, that's right, this ain't right. Yeah, yeah, you start sit back. We're talking about.
Speaker 1: We ain't got we ain't got no weather.
Speaker 2: If we left right now, we'd miss it. This is the Rick Burgers Show.
Speaker 1: Here's here's things that you do need to know today. Okay, well, let's let's get this done. We'll we'll tell that full story a little bit later on, at least not in l A. That's yeah. I was about to say, uh, lost, they're looking good there, Hey, Los Angeles looks good. Yeah, doesn't that look good? I don't know how to break this to the illegals. This is not the best way for to win us over.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh, you know, there's a lot that wants you to say you probably had a chance, and I even think public relations might have been on your side for those you know. But once again, for those of you that are here, the word illegal is an issue. We'd love for you to be here legal. But for those of you that are here that really don't mean to cause trouble, You're not dangerous, you're not a threat, you're not a you're not.
Speaker 2: A pull on our society.
Speaker 1: You're you're you're you got a bunch making you look real bad now, you don't how it feels that the live in Gaza, don't you and you're like Hamas really makes us look bad. So uh this uh, this is ugly and all this is doing is for those that might have been on the fence. Everybody's like, well, if this is if this is what we're facing, then these people got to go. And I'm for right now, do whatever you got to do togetherything and control. Okay, that's then account of what they're doing. Yeah, and that's what it's got to be doing. Uh in California. I hope y'all have learned from this and all all over the world, not just in our country where where people have been laxed on the border and trying so much to think that you're being so loving and so caring by having a chaotic country with with without a secure border, properly vetting people. Everybody who has embraced that, it's burning you, everybody, including us. Great idea, we'll get we got a country, we got countries in Europe. They're losing their whole country. Oh yeah, yeah, we'll get into it. But they don't get it. You got governor know something, everybody, we don't need y'all.
Speaker 2: How about this, hey gaff you can cram it. Yeah. The state's looking good.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, you're you're an embarrassment. Your state's an embarrassment. How can you have so many things available to you and mess it up this bad my goodness, California should want for nothing.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what.
Speaker 1: It's your policies that that ruined the ruin the state. Okay, boy, I'm there, I know, I know, I'm I'm gonna play something. Will take it somehow.
Speaker 2: It's responsible for you to lay How about this today?
Speaker 1: By the way, anything any a lot of you want this meet today. It gets me in a lot of trouble, but you're in for a nice ride today. They're good. Okay, it's I'm ready to Hey, I'm just gonna tell it like.
Speaker 2: It is no filter. No, it's no filter. Birds today, y'all better get this Zebra store to me.
Speaker 1: Come on, I got something light hearted. I need it right now.
Speaker 2: We got We're ready, big Papa.
Speaker 1: Total total amount of sleep before I got on the show today. Total amount of sleep you ready for it? Two hours and fifteen minutes. Hello, Hello to fifteen.
Speaker 2: How you need Zebra? Taking a helicopter ride and by the.
Speaker 1: Way, by the way, the day, I will not sleep again. I will not sleep again till some time about ten thirty tonight, Rick and your honor. Just like protest, I may stay up to seven thirty. Thank you, Greg. Support you. By the way, how many times do you want to feel what you're going? How many times do you think everybody on the plane with me coming home last night? Because once you're getting headed back to your own town, you start getting around people. You know they're coming from all over. I've noticed if you let me go back later. But anyway, they really got tired. I know they did. I must have announced out loud to the plane. I'm just going straight to work, just kept saying, I ain't even going home, right, I'm going to the office. I'm gonna start I'm gonna start brewing coffee and start doing the show prep.
Speaker 2: Okay, just let me out there.
Speaker 1: So frustrating because going home I slept just enough for it to infuriate.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you know you didn't believe it. Yeah, all right, so you gotta be kidding.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Rick Burgess Show affiliate w g N S Murphy'sboro, Tennessee. Beautiful, beautiful place if you've never been there. A zebra on the loose, as we all know, and in Murphy's Borough, let's face it, you might expect a lot of things. A wild zebra not one of them, not one of them, but they the escape pet zebra. And by the way, the word pet and zebra should never be together. Uh they have been reunited. Uh that it has been reunited with its owner.
Speaker 2: Eight days.
Speaker 1: It's been running across Tennessee having a ball Rutherford County, the Rutherford County.
Speaker 2: Zebra eight days. It's the footage of him running aside him. Yeah. I think what makes it even better too, is the zebra's name was Ed. Ed. Looking at what they're doing.
Speaker 1: With Ed has been scooped in some sort of It's been carried by a helicopter.
Speaker 7: Ed.
Speaker 2: Ed is under a helicopter and some kind of pout.
Speaker 4: Look at Loo winging from a helicopter like.
Speaker 2: He's good with it.
Speaker 7: You know what he's like?
Speaker 2: Tell you what this is so bad? He's treated better than you were last night on the airline about this. I would have done that. There was one point I said, put me in this, strap me in something. I'll take a helicopter.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 2: The footage of how Ed got captured. How did they get him in that basket? A Tango eighty two aviation cruise hated Ed and returned him to his owner. Rutherford County Sheriff's office is scene. Did they I wonder, I wonder.
Speaker 1: If the people that the heat ed was their pet zebra d I wonder did they put up the little posters like you do for a cat or dog. Have you have you seen our pet?
Speaker 2: Yeah? It was found near Interstate twenty four in a pasture.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: And it just keeps getting that. It just keeps getting better.
Speaker 4: Every time I paused. This video is just a great screenshot.
Speaker 5: It's one of those videos where every single time you pause it, you can't believe what you're looking at.
Speaker 2: Ed. Ed was elusive.
Speaker 1: Good gracious, let.
Speaker 7: Me ask you this.
Speaker 2: Could we not just ride to where Ed was? I mean trailers get to where he was.
Speaker 4: I guess they're like, we got to get him out of here.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm looking in here. We found out how did they get in this thing?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: Did they dart ed? Did he get darted? I'm not sure they said here. That video shows the Rutherford County Sheriff's Office using a helicopter as we were looking at that part. I got to rescue him and they found him in a wooded area, Uh, just outside a pasture near a Buchanan the State subdivision right off twenty four But man, I apparently maybe because he's a pet, they were able to go up to him. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Listen, I know you can't read expressions on.
Speaker 2: It looks like it's just going along with the ride. They threw a net over head. They okay, god they netted ed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and let me tell you, I'm with y'all. Once he's in that pouch and he's fine, he's kind of well, thank god, this is over. I think he was tired of it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then muzzled him too. Did y'all see that.
Speaker 2: I'm sure you got you know, buy you. I know a guy that got bit by in the baseball okay, helicopter. He was a more elusive than those guys that broke out of prison in New Orleans. Yes, we'll be.
Speaker 1: Right back and it's back home.
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 1: This this is important. This, this is this is important. Bank on yourself. Okay, listen. A lot of this old school this is how you do your retirement, completely outdated. There is a better way to go about it. Bank on yourself. Look this four one K stuff, uh and and and the old way that you do it that you being lied to. They tell you to max out your four one K and your our A. Then then they make you beg for permission to use your own money. They tell you to defer paying your taxes by saving in a four oh one K or an IRA because you'll retire in a lower tax bracket. But if that were true, why are so many retirees in the highest tax bracket of their lives. It's time for you to get the truth and discover a better way to grow and protect your money. Bank on Yourself it is the proven retirement plan alternative banks in Wall Street desperately hope you never hear about you ready to hear some of the things. I can't run them all, but I'll give you some of the things. There's more than I'm even going to tell you. Guaranteed predictable growth and retirement income With Bank on Yourself. Your plan doesn't go backward when the markets tumble. Your principal and growth locked in tax free retirement income. You'll know your tax rate in retirement because guess what, it'll be zero under current tax law, which protects you from the coming tax tsunami. You're in control, not the government, not Wall Street. You get access to your money for emergencies and opportunities with no questions asked. There are no government penalties or restrictions on how much or when you can take it. And when you use your money, it keeps growing like you.
Speaker 2: Never touched it.
Speaker 1: Now you tried doing that with a four oh one K or an ira. Let me go ahead and tell you ahead of time, you can't. Built in inflation protection, your money is guaranteed to grow by a larger dollar amount every year in both good times and bad times. Could you use a little calmness and all this volatile world we're in right now? Yeah, So you can get a free report that reveals how you can bank on yourself and enjoy tax free retirement income, guaranteed growth and control of your money. Just go to bank on Yourself dot com slash r b s and get a free report that's bank on Yourself dot com slash r b s. Bank on yourself dot com slash r b s and uh so, be sure to do that, so I'll get in the side. You know we You know, when when you have aging parents and you want them to be taken care of, you know people you can trust. So many of you have been so kind to step up and and and take care of our parents when they need things. And you know understand Speedy's parents are in Huntsvills, you know, and Speedy he lives in Birmingham in our part of the world. And this siding situation from the storms. If you're somebody, that's what you do, and it's somebody we can trust. You know, you're not gonna go and and try to take advantage of of an older couple, you know, that kind of thing which kind of leaves a bad taste in everybody's mouth. So if you if you could help out, just Speedy at Rick Burgess Show dot com, Speedy at Rick Burgess Show dot com. And you know, there's just a great feeling when you know somebody's got handled. That would be helpful. So, and it's sighting. Is that what it is that they damage in the wind?
Speaker 2: Some wind got underneath. It's weird too, because some of this wind that came through some of the different cities that we were heard in. It's crazy that straight line wind. That said that like one side of the house got it and the other side didn't. He said there were things like on the picnic table outside that were really light, didn't even move, but on the other side, the garbage can was flipped upside down, the grill turned over, and chairs all the way in the back of the yard. And then that side got a couple of roads got ripped off, and one of the pieces it was in the front yard. They found it in the front yard and so it looks like it's intact. It might just need to be replaced. I can't get there today, could maybe try to get there tomorrow. So yeah, that would be helpful if somebody's in that market. Now.
Speaker 5: Speaking of different things hitting the wind differently, you ever just look out into the trees and you'll just see just one tree.
Speaker 4: Just go kind of like, yeah, just go wildr wow.
Speaker 5: So that tree got hit by something that you know, it's an odd one that when you see that happening.
Speaker 1: Does it seem to y'all like in the time that we've been on earth, that the wind blows more now than it ever has. It's like it's it's like there's never a day the world's getting wind. There's never a day when the wind's not blowing. It does seem that, I mean, it's like, does the wind ever stop blowing? Now it's always blowing?
Speaker 8: Does it seem windy. Is it getting windier?
Speaker 4: That's a good question.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I sense that our environment is getting windier. And of course you know the environment and here has been windy for a long time.
Speaker 8: Oh it's windy, but it was semine old wind, blow blow win.
Speaker 2: I was pulling up to the Stallion's game Saturday when I got the call about my parents' house. So I'm talking to my dad and I'm thinking that's all he was wanting to talk about. And so he talks about that for about a minute and then we're trying to get a plan. Then he goes he got another question. I'm like what. He goes, are you when are you going to Larry's? Are you asking me when I'm going to Larry's? Are you serious?
Speaker 4: Do you want to come with?
Speaker 2: I don't know, but that was on his mind. He wanted to talk more about that, and he did the damage on the hut.
Speaker 1: So like you on that on that note, does it seem to you a little bit that Larry and Carolyn have gone silent? Well his feelings because you said he was a serious You didn't say that.
Speaker 2: I entertained that I read an email.
Speaker 1: I read an email about someone asking that question and y'all start riffing on it. I listened to the archive. I heard it with my own ears.
Speaker 2: Did I did? I join in?
Speaker 1: Of course I did. Yeah, that's the reason why I shouldn't be hanging out with you.
Speaker 4: He didn't call Friday Larry's this morning. This morning phone calls.
Speaker 1: So it's the luck of the draw.
Speaker 4: Even though you called him a murderer, looks like he's still a fan of the show.
Speaker 2: We make fun of ourselves every segment. I mean, we're on each other, and so Larry knows we're having fun.
Speaker 7: I know.
Speaker 1: But I've tried that before with people when they get upset, and they basically seem to say, well, y'all can do it to each other all you want. It's different when it us.
Speaker 8: That's true, and you know.
Speaker 2: I guess.
Speaker 1: It's the dish it out. Can't take it people, how about it? It sounds to me when they say it, they think we shouldn't be so okay with it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, nobody should be doing. We have guests come in here and they read the text from the text Nation and they're like, wow, so y'all really do need that when.
Speaker 7: You're in here.
Speaker 4: We don't even bring that up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, goodness, y'all don't even know this man. But the way people of course, it's in a world where people can remain remain anonymous, and people always get bolder when they can be anonymous. But I mean people rip us to shreds.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's all right.
Speaker 1: It comes with the territory. Would like for you to be accurate with the things you're saying, and at least that not assume things you might want to check on it.
Speaker 4: But people will text the meanest stuff. Oh my goodness, Adler needs to shut his little yappers.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, I'm just like, wow, okay, right, but you don't have to say it like that.
Speaker 2: Let it come up on a screen and sit there for ten minutes. Wow, I can make sure everybody.
Speaker 1: Says now, let me tell you. That's one thing about I will just I think we need to put in the rules with people come into the vox seats, do not look at the text screen. You can't, especially if you're wearing a cowboy hat, especially if if they ever see you on camera. Yeah, and then then then they're they're off. Well you know you said no, you said it, Greg, No, No, Now that's on me.
Speaker 7: That was.
Speaker 2: Let me say it always everybody needs to kept doing it. Listen, it's going back again. Quit.
Speaker 1: Everybody needs to stay in their lane. And I got out of my lane. And my intentions listen, and my and my intentions, you know, Greg, my intentions, you know the same one that paved the road to hell.
Speaker 7: For sure.
Speaker 1: My good intention was to accomplish what they wanted accomplished, and it went but poorly. Boy, I wasn't savvy enough with the with the with the mouse and not going that's on me. That's one hundred percent on me. I need to stay over here. They bad now, boy, they really feel bad.
Speaker 2: Oh there's still really bad.
Speaker 4: Caps.
Speaker 2: They get to proofread it every time to make sure they got it defensive. So they are making fun of it.
Speaker 1: But no, great, but made sure that they got to see it just when they thought they weren't being made fun of. I made sure that that was crystal. But but no, what I'm to go back this to. You said this, Greg, you were talking about like uh Leeley talking about some of the stuff you do, Like I don't want my wife to to ever be on out there, like you know, these these people that are influencers, I'm sure, but I mean the minute that especially with women.
Speaker 2: They do anything, all the stuff underneath what is she wearing?
Speaker 1: Yeah, why would she do that? That's a dog in each other. That's ugly. What's wrong with her hair? And it has nothing to do with you selling product and you're sitting there anonymous, just kind of just taking shots at people. It's uh, yeah, we'll be right back, stay clothes.
Speaker 2: So yeah.
Speaker 1: Also from text Nation heard you guys talking about it. Do you have the ability to block people on text Nation? Yes? And you know, and we're not you know, we think everybody should be allowed to have fun. But if you ever turn into somebody that's just derogatory, derogatory, missing bad information, derogatory, derogatory, we just block him. We're done with it. So so yeah. So, but if it's legitimate critiques and the questions and stuff like that, are just having fun, are just having fun hacking, that's fine. But some people are pretty dark and twisted and yeah, and they go pretty quick. But you can also email. So this is for Mike, hey Bird, hey Burge. I had an interesting conversation with my son the other day. He has now been married almost ten years to a beautiful, god fearing young woman. I have been married for decades now. He said that he noticed that he's nothing like who he was when he got married, but his wife is exactly the same. He says, I eat different now, Dad, I dress different, I talk different, I behave different. I even have a different hairstyle. Wow, because she cuts his hair.
Speaker 2: Oh oh wow.
Speaker 1: I watched things on TV that I would have never even glanced at. I listened to music that I hated. I noticed the exact things in my own life many years ago, and even asked my wife his mom back then, what in the world, Why in the world did you fall in love with me? If you just wanted me wanted to change all the things about me, it doesn't make sense. She said she could see who I could be potential with a little work. So I told my son what I learned back then. They see us as projects, and the bigger the challenge, the better, it seems, because no way I get the quality of wife I have otherwise. I agree with that. I mean, we're all in the same boat. I said, don't fight this losing battle, son, just eat those wings and drip that sauce on your white grippies. While watching Earnhardt series while she's out of town buying candles. This you'll bring in and you have to pretend to like exactly. But what a good word from a dad, Yeah, she said, because they he said, they have weird methods of getting us to do exactly what they want us to do. And we'll never understand how they pull it off. Just just go ahead and enjoy the ride, and you will not win this battle.
Speaker 2: It is odd, you know.
Speaker 1: We seem to pick our wives because of who they are. They seem to have picked us because of who we could be with their help, with their help.
Speaker 2: Isn't that weird?
Speaker 1: It is, Yes, it is weird. I never even thought about it, like what sheriish potential could be. I thought, I kind of like this right.
Speaker 2: Here, you know.
Speaker 8: And so it's great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, they see us and they're like, wow, could really turn him into something.
Speaker 4: I could buy him some clothes, I actually.
Speaker 1: Remember, and he listed it on his list of things. When I started watching Notts Landing, I'd never even considered watching Knots Landing.
Speaker 2: And then we get married, and.
Speaker 1: For about a couple of weeks, I was like, I'm going upstairs, I'm not watching this, and then I stayed down one time got hung in and watched it till it went off there about three or four seasons.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 1: I quoted this guys. Of course, you know we've all been married so long now, like like this guy, this kid's dad for decades. You talk about not know who you are. And some of you won't get this, but I guarantee a lot of you will. We were watching again something that I didn't want to watch that Sherry thinks that I would be a better person if I watched.
Speaker 2: I want you to watch it with me.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 1: That's that weird. That's one of the weird mind games they'll play with you. You can't just wander off and go watch what you watch what you want to. They want you to watch what they want to watch, but they want you to watch it with them so they can see you enjoy it, so they can see you joy. I tell you, I told you. But this is when you get indoctrinated, like this kid's talking about to his son. You get indoctrinated. I've warned my sons about this as well, the two that are married, and and we were watching something she picked and I said, you know what, see this guy right here, he's the darcy of this he's just like mister Darcy and Austin Cherry goes, did you just quote pride and prejudice? Oh boy? And I went, oh my gosh, did.
Speaker 7: I just like?
Speaker 2: This guy is not new, it's not original. He's just a mister Darcy of this story.
Speaker 1: So you referred back.
Speaker 2: I no pride and prejudice, left and right.
Speaker 1: I missed that. I've never seen that. Huh, I've never seen that. Will be thankful. But but but I do know about mister Darcy. I'm gonna tell you if if Lee lay ever, if sheer ever gets her sold on it, you're going in.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, look, I watched three three episodes of Castle Impossible on HGTV.
Speaker 1: This pas Oh my goodness, Castle Impossible, and she just sitting.
Speaker 2: Right beside me here.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 2: But but I think you have to be careful, ladies, because it's like some of these some of these colleges recruit these athletes or or let's say these athletes get drafted because of how talented they are are. But then they get them and they want to change their stance, how they swing, how they deliver the ball. You know, your outpitch used to be a curveball and you were just unbelievable. We're going to change that, and then they just fall apart. I think you can go too far over I think you can go too far.
Speaker 1: You can overcoach your husband. Yes, and also and then we push back. Yeah, maybe a suggestion or a slight a slight change here, but nothing too drastic. Nothing they careful for something. You fell in love with him, something reason. So yeah, and you're trying to change everything. Well this yeah, and this is something like this has been said before, but I'm going to say it in Calhoun County fashion. So but I've heard this concept before. So really, what this young man's asking his dad about And it's as old as as you know marriage, and that is we look at them and we say, oh, please, don't change, and they look at us and say, I hope you yeah yeah, and and and we're and now we're a project and give up on you yet yeah.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 1: But but so that's it's almost like women and deep down are all fixer uppers. That's why they love these shows. That's the same thing they've done with their husband. They don't just fix up their kitchen, they fixed up their husband.
Speaker 8: There's there there. We're a flip we are we are a flip.
Speaker 1: Well, they've bought some broken down house and they're gonna they're gonna fix it up and then flip it.
Speaker 2: We're fixing. Please don't sell us, Okay, get us at a good price.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's why you make you money. We' you salling forth? Would you buy it?
Speaker 2: But are they are they thinking that through?
Speaker 1: Like I remember on the wedding day, I was like, just all I was concentrating on is high and level was okay, are they not? Are they in that beautiful dress and looking like the most beautiful thing on the planet and they're looking over to us, Go look at this loser.
Speaker 2: I can't wait till I whip hip the tucks is helping, But he's still.
Speaker 1: Got problems, right, just a different and the dating process. Are they over there taking notes?
Speaker 2: Yeah, this run here's gonna change. I'll tell you what.
Speaker 1: He's eating that for the last time.
Speaker 2: Take note of that. That's right.
Speaker 1: He thinks he's gonna watch regular season. It's gonna be playoffs in the championship game only only.
Speaker 2: And yeah that's not a given.
Speaker 1: Yeah all right, but but it happens like this guy's talking about without you really even noticing it. I mean, when I screamed out some about mister Darcy, I don't know where that came from. I didn't know that it happened. Yeah, so uh he needs to get rid of her.
Speaker 2: We'll be back all right.
Speaker 1: So uh, I see Larry looks like he's texting now the patch man. He said he wants to call us. All right, Larry, we'll dial up and and and we'll get an update from you. So yeah, go ahead, Larry, that's fine. I'll look see if I see you call it all right? So uh we we we we yeah, because I guess, well, you know, I know y'all are playing in the trip to go and and Larry and Carolyn are nice enough to be willing to host you and and let y'all spend the night.
Speaker 2: And what happened to Speedy? I don't know.
Speaker 1: I saw I'm going in the bathroom. Is something happened? Oh no, oh no, it's not, oh all.
Speaker 8: It's just saying, oh no.
Speaker 4: When Greg said bathroom, that's all.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know that.
Speaker 1: Or he's did a Tennessee Titan happened to him? Not that again, that's right.
Speaker 4: He's got a history he's got a history of these kinds.
Speaker 2: Of We thought you had a Tennessee titan. You are right, Okay, everything we couldn't find you got away from it what you decided.
Speaker 1: We've been We've been on there for like a minute and a half. No, yes, you know when you decide break and you think you got to Larry.
Speaker 7: Larr Rick. We know you guys are joking.
Speaker 2: Okay, good, okay, good, that's awesome.
Speaker 1: We didn't know if you were upset because we know y'a are likely not serial killers and kidnapping the guys. But you know, yeah, you know, doing things like that.
Speaker 4: Hey, Carolyn, but how do we know y'all are not?
Speaker 2: Carolyn doesn't say much, but when she does, she does. Funny.
Speaker 1: It never even dawned on us that the people that know y'all are having the same conversation, like, what are y'all thinking? These strange men come into your house? You out of your mind?
Speaker 2: That is a good point, that's right, Carolyn, real quick, shoot, all of us are here.
Speaker 7: We'll let it go at. I have got you, yes, spot for you to park your van. Mode out and it's cleaned up. You can park your van? What right? Where you right? Where I will show you.
Speaker 4: Wow, okay, good good Larry.
Speaker 1: Now look, I'm let me say this to you right now. Don't you fall in love with that van?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, thanks Shark.
Speaker 7: It's gonna be right next to our pet. We have a box. It's in a pan. No, you're gonna be parked right real close to her pan.
Speaker 1: All right, so wait, wait a minute, another dog Adler's sweet van is going to be right between the fire pit and news And what's what's Susie?
Speaker 2: Susie? I said, Newsy?
Speaker 4: Okay, Susie.
Speaker 7: R got it?
Speaker 2: How did y'all come up with the name Newsy?
Speaker 4: No, Susie?
Speaker 7: Ask you?
Speaker 2: Oh, okay, like the newspaper, Hughie. Larry's picking up on you, figuring after the newspaper like, okay, yes, sir.
Speaker 7: No joking German. And I do want to meet you in person.
Speaker 2: You know, Larry.
Speaker 1: I want to see how this goes.
Speaker 2: Y'all? Are y'all are so sweet? We thank you so much.
Speaker 1: I told Hey, I told I told Sherry about you too, And I said two words Labor day weekend.
Speaker 8: Hey, Larry, can I I can put so I can park my van at your place?
Speaker 7: Can?
Speaker 8: I'll sleep all sleep in the van. Can I use your bathroom?
Speaker 7: What? Yes? Anytimey? Why do you get to bathroom?
Speaker 2: Okay, they got to but that helps?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Hey, listen to me. Now, listen to me. Okay, I work with these guys every day. I'm around them all the time. I hear all the sights and sounds. Be careful giving them full access to that bathroom.
Speaker 2: Oh, now, birds, we're gonna need it.
Speaker 4: I mean, we are gonna need it if we're there for any amount.
Speaker 1: Right, but or if there's a patch of woods. Do you think that do you think that Larry and Carolyn? Okay, do you think that Larry and Carolyn should establish a tour bus rule with their own house? Yeah? And we all know the tour bus rule.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, I.
Speaker 7: Show you the whole house. Oh.
Speaker 1: I can't wait.
Speaker 2: I can't wait to go over through every patch you got. Yeah, you're gonna pull me around in your sledg.
Speaker 7: I want you to be I want you to borrow the.
Speaker 2: Careful.
Speaker 7: We want to take our dog said in your van to Walmart?
Speaker 2: All right, I can't Larry.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you something. If they come back and they haven't seen every single patch and challenge coin.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be very dispressed.
Speaker 1: We want to see them all, every one of them.
Speaker 7: We would love for you to do a video.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I have that, you can have that you met them.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's gonna happening. Greg does want to know if he can have along net with you by the firepit, speedy and a black and Mom.
Speaker 1: Yes, that the quickest Yes, Larry's ever.
Speaker 2: Put out this black mile off Larry, Yes, sir, right here.
Speaker 7: We loved this. Carolyn and I cannot wait to meet all three of you.
Speaker 2: Well, we're honored.
Speaker 4: Definitely be speedy.
Speaker 8: We're or we are a maybe right now, but it's definitely a speedy meeting.
Speaker 2: What you're gonna do?
Speaker 7: You can do this.
Speaker 2: I think we're gonna do that again.
Speaker 1: Speedy speedy' is the over greet. So I think you're gonna enjoy this. I would get my expectations pretty low on Greg and Adler.
Speaker 8: We're a maybe, but we would love it. But just just scheduling.
Speaker 2: He already said where the van's gonna part? Are that or man, we're barring this van Rightdler and I have.
Speaker 7: A lot of what Yes, Adler, yes, I've got a I did a ride patch that we got in Alaska. I'm giving it to you.
Speaker 2: I think it's a patch. We don't know he's tumming. Now you've upset everybody, Laire, don't worry.
Speaker 7: I've got something for the other two.
Speaker 1: So you know, it's just like kids. If you give one something, you got to give it to all of them. It's not my grandkids.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that Carolyn is making brownie to take back to to Direct.
Speaker 2: They won't get back to Rick. You can't send me brownies. What will trainer Sean think?
Speaker 1: Does he wanted to.
Speaker 2: You had that?
Speaker 7: She already says she wanted to take you guys, take the brownie back direct.
Speaker 1: Well for the whole group I got.
Speaker 2: Carolyn.
Speaker 4: Okay, well, good morning Carolyn again.
Speaker 1: Carolyn, you don't know what you're you're asking for here. Remember I always be careful what you asked for. We're looking forward to it.
Speaker 5: And Carolyn, let me ask you a question. When you when you got you know, when you met Larry. When you met Larry, did you consider him perfect or did you view him as something that you could change?
Speaker 7: You know?
Speaker 8: And you should fix him up because we think our wives married us.
Speaker 2: A little Okay, some honesty.
Speaker 7: I like that. I one day I tell you one thing. I love joking around the paper. I'll see someone pushing a shopping cart and ask him if my dancers are in their shopping cart.
Speaker 4: That's a good one. Classic, that's classically classic.
Speaker 2: And Carolyn boy patches, we'll be right back.
Speaker 1: Thanks for being with us and flying commercial. I'm trying to make change.
Speaker 2: I want you to.
Speaker 1: I want to be Rosa parks of this. I really do be the change. I want to be the change I want to see in the world. I'm trying so horrid and it's such an up he'll climb because I can't quite tell. And it doesn't seem like the airline's care. So that's a problem. If they were going, hey, we got to make change, we got to do better. Now you have individuals that are some of the most wonderful people on the planet. Unfortunately there's not many of them. But then there's just this overall it just feels sad. Yeah, I mean it doesn't feel pleasant. Yeah, it feels sad. If it feels like everybody there, oh, I mean we're all we're like, you've heard me use this analogy, and some of you thank you. When I was stranded again yesterday, y'all started sending me videos of cattle being herded. You lose all humanity. The way airports are set up and the way commercial airlines run, it's as if they're moving livestock. Your humanity is stripped from you. You have no rights, you have no say you are going to You're gonna be charged, to be treated poorly, and and everything is going to be agonizing.
Speaker 2: Now people won't hear this, But back to what you said. Some do it right, like like you endorsed the Huntsville Airport and they pride themselves on That's what they try to do, is they try to do it right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let me tell you what happened with the Huntsville Airport.
Speaker 2: Who you know?
Speaker 1: It's like a light shining in the darkness. There were people, I kid you not who you know? Because remember the closer you get to home, the more you start interacting with people that you know that are from where you're from, because they're trying to get there too. And we all went in a panic mode and we tried to pull it off, but unfortunately it was too late. I think if we'd have thought of it earlier, we all started the Birmingham folks, we started a plan to look for something to fly us too Huntsful so Huntsville could get us home.
Speaker 2: And it was just too late. Yeah in the game, and you were just stuck in Dallas. This is what you were Well, let me tell you how it happened.
Speaker 1: It all it all just already so weird because there didn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to how it started. Now I don't know this part of Texas that well. So the way that it works out is I'm working with American Express Travel, and I'm working with the you know, team Man Church, and I'm working with the church there and what I prefer to do, and really probably even though it's no charge today because seven hundred clubs handling, I don't like when somebody else plans my trip. But because they they they you know they're gonna go, They're gonna you know, you're gonna be back there by the bathroom, okay, and you know, sitting next to a fat person, you can count on that, okay. But I like I like to kind of say, I tell you what, let me book it, let me pay for it, then you can always refund me. But I'd like I'd like to bump my own flights, okay, and so, but but that I didn't do that with with seven hundred club.
Speaker 2: And of course we'll leave right in the middle a thunderstorm today. But so they couldn't help that.
Speaker 1: Well, just the weather late afternoon in Alabama. It's it's it's pretty much gonna be that. But but anyway, you can podcasts and books to sign so anyway for no reason, and it's on me. I take full I take I take responsibility of just pretending that Mojo doesn't exist.
Speaker 2: Oh you you know better, Rick, Are.
Speaker 1: You hanging around Mojo a little close? Of course, one thing, one thing that always is wonderful. This is the only time you have hope. Always take the first flight out. Okay, So I had, I decided. I left on Saturday five a m. Lift off, not a problem, roll through t s A. Got on the plane, bop bop. Here, I am, I'm, I'm, I'm, I'm in beautiful Lubbock. Uh get picked up by you know, Jay, wonderful man with the church, first Baptist seminal. He had his wife with him. They just dropped their grandkids off in Lubbock. It worked out great, had a wonderful ride to seminal about ninety miles with them and got to visit. Had a wonderful time. They couldn't have been kinder. And I think, well, look at this thing. Just going early check in at the hotel, not a problem, right in. I go, Oh. At lunch with the pastor, we talked about life, we talked about the state of the church. Couldn't have gone better. Went back to the hotel, took a little power now, oh, went on over for the men's gathering. They were superb outstanding work. They had it set up like they like it. Food was fabulous. We saw eleven men make a decision to repent and follow Jesus. They're total buying on the man church. Everybody's talking about, you know, all this and how well it's working. And I'm thinking myself with this right here, and so then go to bed, get up, go have a wonderful worship service at the church. Hey, birds, we're taking you to lunch place where it's got a buffet for lunch and delicious menu if you wanted. The food's fantastic. And then I said it, I said, well, I guess right now, I said, so, really, after this, let's just age one over to Lubbick and I'll get there in plenty of time. And this has just been incredible. I said, you know, really, this this is just going off without a hitch.
Speaker 2: Without it, And you can't say that until you're rolling to a stop.
Speaker 1: Then you say that, I checked the forecast, the weather looked fine. All of that all of a sudden, within seconds, as if Mojo said, what did he say, my my app notification update on your trip? I had been so so cavalier about that because every time I all it would do for some reason, they're apps, which is fine, they keep seeing your boarding pass over and over here will and you're like, I've already don You're like, I got it, So I think it's that again. Suddenly I look down and I see in big red letters canceled, not not delayed, canceled canceled.
Speaker 2: And I love how how just casual.
Speaker 1: The airlines are.
Speaker 2: Your trip, your flight from Lubbock canceled.
Speaker 1: Now you're stuck here. Yeah, and then then click here if you want to try to do something. So I clicked there. You know this is my favorite click here for available flights to switch to. Well, I'll just have a letter right here. I clicked that no flights available. What so this that's when the skids started, and and and and buddy. From there, what a journey we went on. I don't know what happened at the Lubbock Airport, but all of a sudden Sunday afternoon, they shut her down. I don't know if it was it wasn't weather. I don't know if it was a tower situation. I don't know what happened, but they shut them all down, and so we'll be back. So now everything out of Lubbock is canceled. No one can really tell us. Why I get on with American Express Travel, I said, let's help. And then all of a sudden, he says to me, are you anywhere near Midland? And I was like, I'm not going to say that to the locals. I said, he's asking Midland. We're close to Midland, aren't we. And they said, well, you're closer to Midland than you are in Lubbock. And I was like, why did I flying to Lubbock? And they were like, we're asking the same thing. And so he says, well, I can get you to Midland. And really it's leaving exactly the same time. The other one was going to leave out of Lubbock. So you're back, You're back on schedule. I said, what about the connection. Yeah, yeah, same thing. You're actually on the same connection because it didn't cancel. Oh.
Speaker 2: And I was like, that'll solve that problems.
Speaker 1: All couple of items, A couple of items on the locals, a couple of things. I apologize. I want to go and apologize. I kept seeing street signs to Amarillo, I mean the highway signs, and you didn't sing it every time. I will admit that. When I rode with the wonderful couple from the airport in Lubbock to Seminole, Texas, I was asking him about things and I was trying to learn everything I could learn about all the things about Seminal in the in the surrounding area. And he mentioned, he said, well, now sometimes you know. Of course, we got to Maillo for that. I said, well do you get there by morning?
Speaker 5: And uh?
Speaker 1: And he just looked at me like, come on, man. And every time we would pass a sign that had like this many miles that Morillo, I would do it again, we can get there by morning.
Speaker 2: And I just kept.
Speaker 1: Kes, once you start them, you can't stop.
Speaker 2: And that's where you went. It's a lot like that.
Speaker 1: Morning. So everything was looking pretty pretty sweet. So I pop on over to Midland.
Speaker 2: A couple's probably so glad y'all when you went to Middland because it was closer. Did something that I don't think I did that.
Speaker 1: I don't think TSA locked because when I got to Midland, like nothing was going on. It's like I was one of like five people flying out of there. Okay, I mean nothing was. There was nothing to it. So I'm literally it's just me and TSA. I'm the only person and coming through to get in checked at this time. And so I noticed, I said, this is the time to ask them.
Speaker 7: This is it.
Speaker 1: I really wish I could have taken that back. I said, hey, guys, I know y'all not I wouldn't ask this if it was busy. Can I ask y'all question? Sure seemed a little annoyed just by the fact that I was even going there. Okay, so I'm flying again tomorrow, I won't be here and at that point, and at that point they're really losing interest. I said, I'll be flying somewhere else, but I'm I'd just like to let you know I'm a bit of a I'm a bit of a broadcaster, and I said, I said, we'll be doing broadcasting from Virginia and I'm gonna have to fly with a piece of broadcast equipment in my carry on.
Speaker 2: Should I just declare it?
Speaker 1: Should I? Should?
Speaker 2: I announce to y'all I have it in the bag. Take it out of the bag. And they said no.
Speaker 1: I said, so no, no, take it out of the bag. Now just let it roll through. I said, are y'all going to take it from me? He goes, well, not if it's nothing dangerous. I said, well it's not dangerous, I said dangerous.
Speaker 2: Why are you asking people in Middling that that sounds like something I would do?
Speaker 7: It really does.
Speaker 2: But I'm talking to T s A.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't all ta people know they don't give a rip so they don't care.
Speaker 2: No, No, you were like they couldn't believe you. They were in that conversation. Literally, that sounds like something I would do.
Speaker 1: You're very self aware because that's exactly what you want.
Speaker 2: What you got to remember At this point, I think I've bounced back. I think I think I'm.
Speaker 1: You're going to ask everybody. I think I got a question for you I'll tell you this. I bounced back so quick, I even whistled, Oh wow.
Speaker 2: I mean.
Speaker 1: I'm with sen.
Speaker 2: And so uh so.
Speaker 1: They they're annoyed by me. And I pick up on that pretty quick. Unlike speedy, I I was aware and uh and and I shut it down and I went sorry about that. They're really awkward here for all of us now, and uh.
Speaker 2: You brought up Club Virginia before I know it.
Speaker 1: I'm talking about how my grandmom liked it, and I wish you could have seen me on there. Uh So anyway, and I think it got away from you, guys. I'm out so sorry about that, and so so so I think, well, look at me E's and through through here, and uh I'm just gonna bounce on over to uh d f W Dallas Fort Worth and I'm gonna ease on back to Birmingham. Everything's good now. Think I'll get on here and return a few texts, check some emails. Got it made hearing plenty of time. What a great event, So good to watch all this. This is fantastic. And you know, if you're watching like if that, if this had been a movie, you're like watching right now and you're like he doesn't know. He doesn't know the storm that's brewing for him in Dallas Fort Worth. He doesn't realize that everything that's going so smoothly right now is about to go horribly south.
Speaker 2: And I would say this on airports.
Speaker 1: Love, y'all, I do. I wish all of you could be like huntsful.
Speaker 2: I really do.
Speaker 1: T s a y'all pretty important, Okay, I need I need a little more. We needed a little more. Everybody kind of the same. You know. In some airports, y'all, y'all seem like not to be as picky. Other airports, you're like super picky, and we can't get a rhythm. You know, it's like, uh, you know, sometimes it's like, oh, hey, we're good, no problem, that's fine. Other places, I'm pulling everything out of your luggage. I won't give your shoes back.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 1: It's kind of like it's there's huge extremes, no no two airports. Security situations even in our own country seemed to be the same. I like it see a little more, a little more uniform.
Speaker 8: Him.
Speaker 1: When the guys went to bed last night, I had given them I'm toast. I don't think I'm gonna make it back.
Speaker 2: You're talking about doomsday.
Speaker 1: Doomsday.
Speaker 2: Hey, let me tell you something. If you have never known this, I'm about to just drop it to you, and you probably heard it if you hung out with us. It's like this past hour. Rick cannot sleep like some of you would go, would just sit down to put something, you know, some headphones on. And Jill likes airport, in a bus, any kind of any kind of transportation, airplane. He can't sleep, can't do it. So you know what he does bothers everybody? You know what he needs to do.
Speaker 1: Be seated in silent.
Speaker 2: Now I tell you what he does. He does bother He tries to get the people who are depending on him home. That's what I do.
Speaker 1: I try to get us to our destination. A couple of things and we'll move into some great gas message. Is there anything worse the middle of the night sleep deprivation. Everybody's ill, nobody's happy. You finally get to your destination and they have nobody to gate to wave the plane in. So now you're sitting on the tarmac, you can see where you want to be. You can actually see where you would go. Get in your car and leave, I mean, go through the airport, the airport that you've been trying to get to. It you lost a hope of You're finally here and they can't pull up to the gate because nobody's there to wave them in.
Speaker 2: How are they caught off guard by this? Haven't they been tracking the plane.
Speaker 1: We sat on the tarmac another fifteen to twenty minutes because we couldn't get to the gate, just when everybody was at their most ill. See, that's the point that bothers me. They know you late, they know what you've been through, and hey, God forbid you.
Speaker 2: We we didn't sneak in. I kept saying, we knew.
Speaker 1: Somebody should have went, Hey, they're almost here, let's get out here. I apologize for asking the flight crew, and I'd been very kind the whole time, except for the incident with the snack basket. But I want to get into that. But thee is that I was like, I just said, just let me out. I'll walk across the tarmac. I say that I'm fine, I know where my truck is. Just let me out, all right, So I've got to carry on. Please let me out. Well, they let you go on that slide right.
Speaker 2: Our pilot was great because We set for about fifteen minutes waiting, and he came on and said, hey, sorry for the inconvenience. They've got crews, you know, bringing in planes and we're next because they've only It's not like you you didn't they weren't ready. It's just like they've only got like three or four crews that are bringing in planes and you know, waving them in and then all that, and so they're like, we're next, meaning that the crews are hopping from plane to plane trying to get you, so you have different at least, he told us half the time, if you'll just be honest and tell us we're okay. Yeah, Well it's the hang on, y'all.
Speaker 1: Well, I well know, and about the snack basket, and I won't get into it because you know, it's not my nature is We're all I'm not even hungry. I'm fine. I've had plenty to eat, don't need to eat. But I needed that snack.
Speaker 2: It's like I needed it because we were into rested.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and so the snack is for your brain, it's not for your stomach.
Speaker 1: And so they they they they said that it was too turbulent, so the flight attendants needed for their safety, there'll be no service. Fine, about an hour and twenty minute flight. Fine, I was, I was okay. I was disppointed, but I was okay because I understood it. But then I saw the flight attendants when things smoothed out and we finally found some smooth air, they got upstair walking around, didn't bring snacks, and I.
Speaker 2: Was like, well, if you can get up, probably because most of it was.
Speaker 1: A sleep, if you can get up and walk around, just hand me the snack basket. It's not that big a deal.
Speaker 2: All I want.
Speaker 1: All I want is just get me something out of there, maybe some mixed peanuts or maybe that cookie thing.
Speaker 2: He was the only one way.
Speaker 1: Well, you make a good point. Yeah, I was the one.
Speaker 2: By the way. Yeah, because everybody was out.
Speaker 1: It was almost midnight, and I apologized to Scott Palmer, who was the pilot who was on there, who we know, apologized to him. He wanted to sleep, and I kept asking questions, we think about the way. It's kind of choppy, and he was. He was like, now the weather's north of us, we'll be we'll get out of this. Yeah, quit talking.
Speaker 4: Goodness, you wouldn't leave them alone.
Speaker 1: And then I now said, the playing weather's behind us.
Speaker 8: Don't worry.
Speaker 2: It's the guy that keeps.
Speaker 7: The guy.
Speaker 1: He's almost be one of those commercials you're turned into your parents. He's like that one final thing.
Speaker 2: Is that anything inside you that probably said I should just sit here?
Speaker 1: No, it's the thing inside of me doing all this, all right. So it's the person outside that tries to stop it. It's inside guy can't stop.
Speaker 2: All right, So.
Speaker 6: Side guy.
Speaker 2: So it's gonna be a new character inside guy.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Got so anyway, one thing I got, we got to stop now seriously, and and and don't have an attitude about it. Y'all tell us that we can bring a caravey on okay, And and we all have carry ons that have meant have met the criteria that you demand, and then you won't let us put them on the plane.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 1: The first I was like I was with I was in group one. So there's nothing that's been taken up on the plane, and and the and the out and said, oh no, you got to you gotta side check that.
Speaker 2: I said what I said, there's there's room on the plane. Then f A A, But what FA you throw it? Fa?
Speaker 1: FAA says we can't bring. You know, I don't know if it was the size of the plane or whatever, but we need a heads up on that.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: If if you've asked us to bring a carry on that we can't carry on, that's problematic. Now, if I've broken the rules and it's too big, I'm good with that. But if I've had if I have it in your rules and you just simply say we'd rather not put the luggage up in these things, I don't, I don't what would it? And then some woman got on me about that you. I said, it's spongy. It doesn't have that. You need to zip that up, and you know where it makes it smaller the extension. I said, this doesn't have an extension. It extends if it needs to, and then it smushes if it needs to.
Speaker 2: There's no zipper.
Speaker 1: You need to zip that up, man, there's no zipper on this. I've traveled all over the world and no one said that. You announced that by quote, I've traveled all over the world. You're the only one that's got a problem this bag. Nobody else has ever hass.
Speaker 7: All over the world.
Speaker 1: And uh, and her respond should that go? She let me go silent treatment.
Speaker 2: Did you turn around to the whole crew and go having a side check. They won't be to side check. Dogs up if you have this side bag, they're gonna want no side she went. She went further.
Speaker 1: Everybody's side checking.
Speaker 2: Well, side checking, and there's people like I don't want to side check. I didn't either, y'all didn't give one of those tickets, say side checking Asama, Why does he keep yelling?
Speaker 1: And what's wrong with the bearded man?
Speaker 2: Everybody follow me. We're getting somewhere at some point, I got this.
Speaker 1: I'll take care of this. Don't worry Monday who I'll really unpack it. So that that was kind of I don't. I don't understand that move. You know, you keep you understanding. I didn't come up there and they said, sorry, all the bins are full. Now you got a side check. I was like the second person on the plane and they wouldn't let me bring it now because it was too big. Because they did, they said something about FAA can't we're not gonna we don't this plane. Well, I don't know it was. It just means there's no checking. I mean you have to check every bag.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I'd like to know that This is back to if I'm gonna do air valet and the pistol can't be in a glove compartment. I like to say that on the reservation. I'm gonna fix things if people just let me try so hard.
Speaker 2: And this is an American eagle to two seats on each side of the road.
Speaker 1: Uh huh, yeah, yeah, you can even say. I know we normally do carry ons, but little planes can't handle it. Just communicate with us. Like you said, I love this person that is always telling you what's going on. I want you can't tell me enough. And I like the pilot that does this. And I've had some in they're great. He ladies and Jim. Welcome to the whatever here. We're gonna go tell what We're gonna cruise up here. This here. We got a flight about an hour and twenty minutes. I'm gonna try to pick it some time. We lost apologize for the fact that we're delayed. I know that's not a lot of fun. We got a little bit of weather, so it's gonna be a little choppy coming out. Uh but once once we hit that choppy, I'll let you know that I'm gonna try to find some smoother air force, and then when it gets choppy, don't leave us choppy, choppy, choppy choppy. All right, guys, So we got some turtle turbulence from the from the cockpit. Uh, but I'm going to try to find us some smoother air Just hang on this. This just shouldn't be too much longer.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: And we are not in trouble and uh uh And if there's anything else y'all need to know, just ask Rick.
Speaker 2: You know something. Somebody that's most everybody else has has their headphones on. Yeah, they're trying to sleep, and they're like, what's he saying? This one here is like, yeah, keep talking, listen, give me more.
Speaker 1: I want to know exactly what we're doing. I'd like this. I just checked down at the gate. You know, we only got a couple of crews, like Speedy said, so there's a chance. I want Rick, I want you to prepare for this. We we could get on the tarmac and sit ten to fifteen, possibly eighteen minutes. I want to get you in, get you in the right headspace over now.
Speaker 2: Now he's talking to Yeah, and I'll be like, thank you, bye, thank you.
Speaker 1: I needed that.
Speaker 7: Hey.
Speaker 1: Hey, the flight attendants are walking around. It seems kind of smooth, and I can I have that cookie thing?
Speaker 7: Hey?
Speaker 1: Look, if it smooths out and y'all get to walking around and give Rick a cookie, I'd be cool. I'm not hungry. I just just it's just like a comfort food.
Speaker 2: And by the way, I'm checking on her.
Speaker 1: She's alive.
Speaker 2: She's good.
Speaker 1: Get up, usually get you a cup of coffee, you know, in the day started, it's early, not not that early, but anyway, so and then Lisa, she comes and joins me. We got I said, what's on TV? Just before we get the day started? And of course I flipped on there Jack Hannah. Of course, I think, did he die? The animal guy? You spending letter? And all the time? Is he dead?
Speaker 2: Because shows?
Speaker 1: His shows are still on?
Speaker 2: Are you confusing him with the crocodile guy?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 2: I think Steve, I know this. He had issues.
Speaker 1: I think he dies.
Speaker 8: Think Jack Hann is still alive, he's got.
Speaker 1: He's got Alzheimer's. I think he died. Really, I think you know he's he retired. Greg, I'm telling you look it up anyway, I am, Greg.
Speaker 8: I am looking it up.
Speaker 4: Buddy.
Speaker 8: It's Please don't say he's dead.
Speaker 2: Again, that's usually what I do. You boys to kill somebody. I know this. He's not good.
Speaker 1: I got he's no longer doing current shows. But anyway, I love show.
Speaker 4: So no, Jack Hannah is not dead.
Speaker 2: You have n't dead.
Speaker 1: I think he is.
Speaker 4: He does have advanced Alzheimer's.
Speaker 2: Oh that's sad. I didn't know that.
Speaker 1: But he's not doing new shows, which is all great should have said. Yeah, So anyway, so I get through with that. You know, Lisa, she's over not paying attention. And Uh, all of a sudden on one of our local channels, I look and it's it's coming on. It's I Love the Hustle Show. I love to Hustle And if you wonder what that is, I'll tell you what it is. It's the dopest half hour of entertainment on television. The undisputed King of the Hustle. DJ Maestro features the Turbo Hustle, the freak Beat, and to get fit while you see it.
Speaker 2: And listen, they get up. So we got to watching it because you.
Speaker 1: And I love Uh it's DJ Maestro is the host and his co host is doctor E. She she does stuff like Saturday shoeshow on her about how to meditate, how to meditate? Yes, but the best part of the local TV. Yes, but then they'll go. Uh. They also have the line Dance of the week by Big Mucci. Big Moochie does the line dance. Yes, the King of the Line Dance. I didn't realize Big Moochie was. They show you new steps of the week. And of course you know Lisen can dance. She got up straight. I couldn't do the steps.
Speaker 2: You couldn't do this time. We tried to learn the steps. What were the steps this week?
Speaker 1: There was something to do with the hustle okay, but thenay, but everything so the hustle is the foundation, yeah, and it varies off the hustle. Yes, they have different And they also had one of the local artists. I wish I could remember his name. He debuted there he is, that's the that's mister smooth, the King of the line dance right there.
Speaker 2: Every guy was. But then I think I've seen them in a room setting where they just have speakers and they're all dancing with different couples.
Speaker 1: Yes, and uh, there's Big Mouchie right there.
Speaker 2: I wish you could see sit.
Speaker 1: Uh what was it called?
Speaker 2: Who was the who was the guest.
Speaker 1: That guest I don't know his name. It's escaped me. But he's a local artist. And he debuted his video Midnight Snack, and.
Speaker 2: It's exactly what you think it's. Oh yeah, yeah, if you can't say that, it's exact, I can't say that.
Speaker 1: And they debuted his video and uh, like I said, y'all wait a minute watching he sang that, and I'm trying to get the step of the Day and all that, like Solaza got Step of the Day. She's good. Yeah, but I just I struggled with it. But I but next time I'll be ready. But they also do this, and it showed a video get fit while you sit, and it's like people that can't stand up long.
Speaker 2: So they're there.
Speaker 1: I bet tell me you haven't withheld this from Mark Garnett. I just saw it Saturday. You got to share this. It's right up there with you know how I love the Dean family this well he does too. You know he needs this and I love to hustle show. That's what it's called. And again it's the dopest half hour of entertainment on television.
Speaker 2: And every didn't know where you got that and where you were going with this.
Speaker 1: It's so good.
Speaker 2: So do you think you got maybe one of the dances? Could you get up? And you know, I really don't.
Speaker 1: I work on it more, Greg, was it everything you hope for?
Speaker 7: Drag?
Speaker 1: Genuine yes, genuine article, absolute one serious about what? And the guest that was it wasn't wish I could think of his name, but he released his video Midnight Snack.
Speaker 8: Can we hear Bootsy Collins introduce this?
Speaker 1: No, that's not that the great Yes I hear is the name is big shoutout goes out to my friend d J my show, the I Love to Hustle show. How about boots of go and hold on out, hold on That's what I'm telling you. You'd love it. There got to be dancing.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, Greg, Why do you say things like this? How many cups of coffee you go through while you're watching?
Speaker 1: It also features the dance line of the Week by Big Moochie, the King of line dance Okay, and a whole lot more Mister smooth Now he's one to really give you some steps.
Speaker 4: This is like local access.
Speaker 2: It's also that's where the best, that's where all the gold is.
Speaker 1: Saturday, You're in I mean when I walked in, its almost like he was a busted Yeah.
Speaker 2: Look, I didn't know y'all wanted eggs. And then he throws it back And I've never seen y'all with because we don't have any here.
Speaker 1: You don't know how to bowl eggs.
Speaker 2: No, I'm just saying we don't have bowleggs here.
Speaker 8: How long did you do home?
Speaker 1: I don't know, Lisa, did you already eat them? I've already eat them?
Speaker 2: Yeah, there. I don't like them.
Speaker 1: I don't like them running inside. Let me tell you what happened all of them already because I know I know's heart. Yeah, I know Le's heart, and it's a heart of gold. I guarantee you. She said, what do you think I should make enough for everybody needs?
Speaker 2: Not just from me? Yeah, I mean I got stuff. Well, you eat some of our stuff. We bring stuff around. You just made another breakfast for everybody. You've never eaten that's for speech. Have you ever eaten breakfast balls? No?
Speaker 1: Never protein balls?
Speaker 2: Yes? Okay, so you like yesterday? In the group text, I know it was hard to get through the Lubbock down fort Worth text from from Rick Did you not see me say any that's for you, though, I said, Rick, how do you think it's from me? When I said, does this make me peel batty? Terry just made these for us.
Speaker 1: Becuse when you because if I know some of it, you'll have it. Look at your face like dang, I was wanting to last more than this.
Speaker 8: Here's a grass.
Speaker 2: I don't ever look that way? How how how do you get them?
Speaker 1: Greg?
Speaker 2: I got what's that?
Speaker 4: As far as the boiling of the egg?
Speaker 1: All the way done?
Speaker 4: Fifteen minutes?
Speaker 1: That one, yeah, thirteen to fifteen, You're crazy. I don't like runny eggs one minute. Don't get that started. I don't.
Speaker 2: My god land on thirteen minutes normally is that one?
Speaker 1: They had to put in that little holder and you hit it when you when you spoon, you know what I'm talking about?
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, yeah, I do it.
Speaker 4: Eight minutes We have went straight into cold water.
Speaker 1: So that I don't like gelatine looking I do. I want to be like jelly, so then you I won't want to eat mine then, so.
Speaker 8: I'll just bring them the way I like them.
Speaker 1: By the way, when I was sitting down, you know chilling wither for Eli Young band, Yes, uh, and I ordered I just I got I'm kind of burned out on scramble right now. I went with Friday's because sure makes a good Frida egg sandwich. It is phenomenon with some avocado, hot salce, salt, pepper, all that. So anyway, so in the in the person serving said, how do you want that? And I thought to myself, every now and I'd like to run my toast a little bit of a running with a little sonny. And I thought to myself, Rick, don't do that in airport. No way should your egg. Now, I'll be cooked all the way through in an airport. You can't take that kind of chance. And and I think the drummer for the Eli Young Band wanted me to go for it. I just said, I don't think I show you.
Speaker 8: Can you pick out the drummer from the line up? Here's Eli Young band?
Speaker 4: Which one is he?
Speaker 2: This is there?
Speaker 1: A little bit younger.
Speaker 2: Far left? All right?
Speaker 4: That is correct when you get it wrong.
Speaker 2: Now, did you meet him because you can't settle and you were fidgety and you started looking around and he made eye contact with you. Well, it started with that.
Speaker 1: Awkward thing that we don't like about restaurants and airports of course in notorious because they need to cram a lot people in there is by the way, I saw a couple of BIPs I share with y'all too. Uh you know that uncomfortable thing. And if you're on a date, it's really bad, but if you're by yourself, not so bad. Where they basically tell you you're going to sit with people you don't know, and there's like a long bench and there's like one little table, one little table, one little table, and we're all basically it's almost like we came in as a party of six, but we're all different parties of ones and twos, and they're making us all sit together, which I do not like, no but that, but literally, I mean, like Eli Young, you're you're you're further from me than he was. Eli Young, He's like right here, well the drummer, not Eli, but the drummer. And uh so, I mean it's almost like if we don't speak since we're both solo and neither one of us had our wives or everybody, I mean, it's almost like I'm being rude. I mean it's almost like you said, on that, do y'all talk to the person next to you on airplane.
Speaker 2: No no, no, not next to you. No, that's weird. No came to say hey, how are you?
Speaker 4: When they sit down, you give them I say hey you and then that's it. I got no more nothing.
Speaker 1: Rick gets a brush of greatness. He met Kidman, the former w d W a wrestler, remember when. Yeah, it's kind of like my superpowers. I never meet the main person, but somebody close, right.
Speaker 2: And so h so you're traveling over Greeter.
Speaker 1: No, only if I'm so goodness, only if I'm solo. If I'm with the family, then I'm I'm stressed by all that. And I got to be sure they're good. But if I'm by myself, I'm dangerous and I'll and I'll lead a whole. But anyway, we got to talking, you know, about gigs and things and and uh and music and relate to it, right, And he said, he said, weren't you mister Lucky? He said, I actually yeah, silent Ring. He goes, wait a minute, wait a minute, those I've got that album. Those are actually some some silent Ring. You are correct.
Speaker 2: I once saw you guys at Panama City. You might not remember it.
Speaker 1: But anyway, the we had a great conversation and and so. But but when you're in that environment, you know, you got to learn. If you're in that world, it's as soon as they come you order. Now you're not going to get a refill in your drink. It's gonna be difficult in there. Be careful with that. Go ahead and order to and uh, and and so and and and and I was and he was headed to Boise, Idaho, you know, for a theater gig in case y'all must know. And uh, and we had a great discussion.
Speaker 2: I mean, and did you sap all of his energy?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 2: He did. He had to give to give a ton. Everybody showed up for the plays, like, why don't you giving more? Man?
Speaker 4: I met this guy, gave him drum and tips.
Speaker 2: I bet Rick gave him drum tips.
Speaker 1: I referred to him. I said, I'm I'm, you know, somewhat of drummer myself, I said, And he had a good line. I said, I'm a very average drummer. He said, well, then you could play country uh, but especially georget He threw that out there. He basically said, no, you could be the drummer for for a country band. I promise you. But but anyway, but he was speaking. He's probably very good at what he does and as a drummer, but he probably had a meet and greet and he gave everybody nothing. Such a super nice guy.
Speaker 4: Now he's like, I'm warning.
Speaker 1: You know how I am on this kind of stuff when I've got things on my mind. Is He wanted probably to talk more about lighter topics, and I immediately went to you forget about our connections. I said, you think that they're gonna.
Speaker 4: Leave on time, so you're complaining to him too.
Speaker 1: To him, I said, I'm just supposed to eat and have some and cause all I could think about was he he's like me. He lives on top margins too. He's got to make the gig right. Yeah, this is hard.
Speaker 2: By the way, he has two small children.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you got a new friend. We hit it off, and.
Speaker 2: We've got a lot of people coming to watch this night.
Speaker 1: Pick it up, pick it out.
Speaker 2: I don't have anything loud.
Speaker 1: Take them out. Why are you so drained? Yes, this guy ordered some eggs next to me and he went downhill from there, started.
Speaker 2: Talking about to connect flights and what time they're going to be here, and thenounce to everybody what what the deal was?
Speaker 1: Felt like I was never want to get there.
Speaker 2: I transitioned into my football career too, and he lost interest. But uh, but the it was that's when you lost it, right, seems it seemed like such a smooth transition to it.
Speaker 4: And by the way, here they're coming to town in October.
Speaker 1: Yeah, did you mention that? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I knew that. Okay, where are they going to be?
Speaker 5: It's actually a new looks like a new festival come to Sloss Furnaces, Iron Hills, Iron Hills Festival.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: They shut that other one down for a while then they used to go to all the time.
Speaker 1: By the way, I did, I did ask him how you like George Straight? Okay, I said, don't just doing a bit of a survey and just one we're you on George Straight?
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 1: We said, what's he's the tributory? He's a legend, told and I said nobody said when I went, and he goes, no, no, Yeah, I said, you big George Straight fan.
Speaker 2: He goes, I would say big.
Speaker 1: Let's say you're gonna have to play drums in his band, but you have to drink a lot of coffee before the show. Probably all right? We come back rioting in La. Oh man, we revisit. We mentioned it earlier in the show. We'll we'll we'll run down some of this. Well, look and see if we can find this robot thing you're asking about on text Nation. We're not finding anything.
Speaker 4: I know what they're talking about.
Speaker 2: You. Okay, somebody is planning on flying today and they have no idea they're going to sit next to you.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, let me tell you something. Some of us going to Atlanta together that on the Norfolk Virginia by Father's Day. So obviously over the weekend, the big story are the riots in la If I have all this right, this is uh and y'all brought this up earlier, and I agree with you guys. It seems odd that these people who left Mexico to come here are holding up a flag of a country that thought they thought was so horrible they were going another country illegally. And also if they're trying to say that they shouldn't be treated this way, shouldn't they be waving the American flag? Yeah, that's what I was thinking. If they want to be a part of it, and this is where I want to be, Yeah, because it kind of looks like that members of Mexico have declared war on the United States. That's what it did. Look yeah, yeah, and I don't think that's the best looking cars.
Speaker 2: Well, actually destroying American flags, burning them Mexican flag.
Speaker 1: So I came, I came to this country, and I'm burning the flag of where I came, and I'm waving the flag of where I left.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that doesn't tell you what you're dealing with. Doesn't that feel?
Speaker 4: We love Mexico. Don't send us back to it weird, Please don't make us go back.
Speaker 2: We love it. There one, two, three, four burning v hiccos right, and we were just peking. We're just want to be peace loving Americans. This doesn't feel peaceful. It's not very peaceful to be a part of your community.
Speaker 1: Right here here is uh Trump one a there adler Here he is talking about the rights.
Speaker 2: Now, do I have it right?
Speaker 1: Because I was just getting in bits and pieces, you know, at various airports and all that. So uh Trump is ready to send in and are Hassen in now? The National Guard?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: And and Newsom is looking at this as a federal government overreach. He should, he says, we got to handle right, which doesn't doesn't like he hasn't handled. But here here's Trump speaking about it, like fellow Americans. It is with overwhelming enthusiasm that I am declaring that anyone who protests or interferes with ICE and their operations is officially gay big time.
Speaker 7: That was a.
Speaker 8: That was the wrong clip. That was the wrong clip. That was the wrong clip. You guys, you guys, Hey, hey, everyone.
Speaker 2: So that's not what he's saying.
Speaker 4: That was the wrong clip.
Speaker 2: You gotta watch that.
Speaker 4: He made an official statement, gracious alive. Okay, do we want to hear him out?
Speaker 8: At least do we want to hear him out what he has to say?
Speaker 2: Who who the a?
Speaker 8: I Trump.
Speaker 2: Alternative lifestyle as a gay communist.
Speaker 8: That's the wrong clip.
Speaker 4: That's the wrong clip.
Speaker 2: Okay. The White House has responded to Yeah, we just heard it. They said anti ICE protest declared unlawful assembly, and and then uh and they said that Newsom is too weak to protect Los Angeles because he's sitting there going, hey, we got this, it's an over reach, and they're like, you don't have much and he's.
Speaker 8: Gay big time, just normal time, big time.
Speaker 1: Well, i'll tell you it changes this clip. You have here too under the letter I Now the title seems weird to me. It's called Agents Come Out.
Speaker 4: Yes, I mean this is like something out of a movie.
Speaker 2: By the way, I'm talking about when they come the door opens and they come out. Now you got it, stale or what's been happening on a this is this? So this is a moment where where you this opens up and they ain't falling around. They are gonna start throwing tear gas and I think it looks like they have is that paintball.
Speaker 5: Guns they got, yes, yes, yes, paintball guns with those feeders up top.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and they are coming out there. It's like a movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're really serious about uh, unlawful assembly there really seriously, you know, you know.
Speaker 1: That's one of those things. And it's good that they have the uniform on. We need to keep it in order and whatever. But I would think to myself, after watching these idiots and what they're into, l a to get to come out there and fire them like that would be awesome.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, it would be.
Speaker 1: You have a paintball gun going to town because you gotta watch out, because you try to know if you can kill you and throw rocks at you and also bombs.
Speaker 2: But I just want to be here and be peace right now. Now understand this guy with the tires, he fell over it, he's about to get made.
Speaker 8: This guy with he got made.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: They keep trying to throw stuff in front of the truck, so.
Speaker 1: That's really gonna hurt guys. They even defaced Kobe Bryant and it's a mural of him and his daughter. Yeah, now what why would you go after Kobe Bryant and his daughter?
Speaker 2: What again?
Speaker 1: You know what, that's just lawlessness, anarchy. There's no rhyme or reason. You're not even sticking with a narrative. You're just being destructive for the sake of being destructed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, here's the the Kobe Bryant mural.
Speaker 2: So that's why what what?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: What message is that?
Speaker 1: Who are you getting at?
Speaker 8: I mean, yeah, and you guys mentioned Gavin Newsome.
Speaker 5: Somebody put out a clip on Twitter, I guess x and it went went pretty nuts of some you know, riots and things like that, and Gavin Newsom said, uh, he actually responded to that clip and said this is a clip from twenty twenty and the Babylon Bee or somebody responded, oh, just to clarify, this is when you let the city burn in twenty twenty not when you let the burn the city burn in twenty twenty five. Just to clarify, this is at different time. So you let your city burn.
Speaker 1: Right, You got any footage of what Trump thinks about it?
Speaker 2: Yeah? You want him to play that one thousand.
Speaker 1: Shuegreg had to put that on his phone.
Speaker 2: I don't know what flame is do with that time, but I don't know. You gotta stop. One guy said he nearly ran his costco.
Speaker 1: He sat, he nearly He drops stuff on customers, So you gotta stop doing you just that.
Speaker 8: He uh, he's just gonna keep these self driving Waimo cars.
Speaker 2: Oh you see them.
Speaker 8: They have like they've summoned these cars to these locations just so they can.
Speaker 4: Destroy them, y'all. And it is not good.
Speaker 5: Do you mean wamo is a self driving car? So like somebody would order the car and then when it gets there they just okay.
Speaker 2: And that's hurting who? And what's that doing with your point? What to say?
Speaker 1: Like how does just say America and treating us right?
Speaker 2: We're tearing up.
Speaker 1: Right, y'all should want us to stay. I bet they'll let us stay now. Yeah, none of none of this is going to end with I bet they'll let us stay. But you know what, it's going to make it easier to not want you just half of them doing it. You so whitey. Yeah, they're now they just managed your dad because he has divorced your mind.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 2: Some of the democratics said this was a peaceful protest. Yeah, they actually said that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we heard that in twenty twenty two as well.
Speaker 2: They don't have anything else. This is what they want.
Speaker 5: They won't disrupt, and there's a lot of palettes of bricks being dropped off in a lot of these places too.
Speaker 2: Weird.
Speaker 1: He was the Rick Burgers show, So hey Burge, Hey Burge, And this one was sent through speedy to me from Grant.
Speaker 2: Remember Grant. Yeah in the box seat box seats yep. Had had his lady with him, Yeah, Miranda.
Speaker 1: I remember Miranda, and they'd been dating two years and we started kind of as Adler Warren getting involved.
Speaker 2: Is that the one that won the money? I did not win the money. No, that's that's different. Oh, I know this is more recent than that. This was like Friday, okay, Yeah, I mean we were having good We told you we got tips on you need a couple of days.
Speaker 1: You got to ask a couple of days. I brought up that someone had been on the show and done it before. That is correct, And I was hoping to go bad just for the show. Yeah, wow, Greg, which is good and sad. Well. I remember Miranda and I this is from Grant on the show this past Friday. I remember I got a little teased about when the proposal was going to happen. Yep, Greg was hoping it would go poorly. Okay, see I had that all in good fun. And the best part was I had it planned. I was actually going to propose the next day.
Speaker 2: Come on that. Wow.
Speaker 1: Miranda had helped me plan my thirtieth birthday party at my family's farm with friends and family. What she didn't know is we would go for a horse ride that morning. She's a horse trainer, and I would thank you, Greg, got a way to go. I remember, by the way, you need that when too, because you can remember that we were going to horse ride that morning, and I would propose on the trail ride.
Speaker 2: Right what Poto show, you know what.
Speaker 1: That horse is thinking? That zebra ride thing was cool. I hope we get to do that. By the way, text Nations said they were riding in Tennessee and saw it first hand, looked up and saw zebra under They said, you should have seen it. But anyway, back to this, By the way, those are beautiful muscular that horse. I know it is. See the horse is one of those things that something like this looks fun. But I've never had a fun experience.
Speaker 2: I haven't. So they're on a trail. She she thinks that he's uh, they're planning his birthday right, But what she doesn't know is that he has this proposal plan and we nearly ruined it.
Speaker 1: They had the birthday party there at the farm, and he said, well, she didn't know why we were here at the farm and having our birthday and then we go on the horse ride that I'm going to propose on the trail and he got it. So he proposed the very next day, right in front of the horses. I'd like to say, after take that, look, this is a drama.
Speaker 2: The drone footage of.
Speaker 1: The drone footage talk about ruining people's relationships. The cothing about that, and she said, yes, I had a happy ending. Adler has almost ruined.
Speaker 4: Oh you should do it on the on the on the ride that you guys go on. They never said that you should do it then.
Speaker 1: We never said that you ain't gonna do it here, you need to do it on the trail.
Speaker 2: I think you said that it's coming. That sounds awful. I think you said that.
Speaker 4: I didn't obviously didn't. Y'all are the one making everybody feel weird.
Speaker 2: But he congratulations, Grant. I was wondering why he looked at me like, shut up.
Speaker 4: He did seem incredible.
Speaker 2: It's almost like y'all shut up, no longer want to have planned.
Speaker 5: He didn't want to say anything because then any if you say anything, it could give something, right, do you do.
Speaker 2: You think congratulations?
Speaker 1: I'll say this, and in their world that meant more to her than if he did done it here. If he doesn't here kind of dumbs it down. Oh thanks, great, you think. Yeah, I see what you're ye.
Speaker 2: Didn't do it here.
Speaker 1: But they're probably I'm not even sure they're still together.
Speaker 4: Hey, speaking of.
Speaker 5: People in the audience on the live studio audience, can we talk about Bobby Bowden's son that came through?
Speaker 2: Sure, Yes, that was cool. We didn't know this until after the show.
Speaker 1: Clarify, and you're gonna have to be someone who was very familiar with the Rick and Bubby years over three decades. So you were a intern then.
Speaker 4: I wasn't.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, well he.
Speaker 4: He just he came in and talked to us about it. This was the I didn't know Bobby Bowden.
Speaker 2: I didn't work.
Speaker 4: No, no, I didn't work then.
Speaker 5: But the moment in which Cassio Kidd, the moment in which Casio Kid is sitting in.
Speaker 4: The hot tub on the fact with his date and you think it's just the.
Speaker 8: Two of them, and then the camera pans to the to the side and there is a large dude with a mic boom in the hot tub with him.
Speaker 4: I will never forget that.
Speaker 8: I seeing that on that on that show and crying with laughing.
Speaker 1: This was the Turner South years. I honestly don't know. It might have been the turn South people. I don't I don't know. Uh, they're they're shooting it. I really don't know. Maybe Christopher Columbus came up with it.
Speaker 4: I don't know who came up with it, but man, I really do not know.
Speaker 2: So it was really some brainstorming and and some different ideas that kind of created this and it started just growing from there. Yeah, but I wasn't un intended with the fact.
Speaker 1: But I wonder who said, hey, when we pan right here, get the tub shirtless and have the boom micas it was fun.
Speaker 2: Right, you know? I was, I was. I was there, but behind behind the No. No, I wasn't directing. I was just there organizing, And I remember it happening, but I can't remember who did it. I want to say it might have been Christopher Columbus.
Speaker 1: That's that's what I'm thinking, because you know, he knew how the show operated, he got the humor, and he's sitting there in that hot tub.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So anyway, so I remember when face, I remember when the former you know, worked with the TV side at Turner South. And we need name new Bobby Bowden because he was a big Florida State fan and so unfortunately he passed away. And so, uh, what about a couple of weeks ago?
Speaker 2: Last week?
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 2: Last Tuesday. Yeah, No, it wasn't. You got it. It was before they got it in twenty three, Rix got it. I don't think you've been through a lot. It's just last week Ris got us at those studio.
Speaker 4: I found it. I found it. I found it, just the visual of Cassio in the hot tub.
Speaker 8: And there he is, and there he his son looks just like it.
Speaker 7: He does.
Speaker 2: And when his son said I'm Bobby, I'm Bobby Bowden's son, yeah.
Speaker 7: Hit me.
Speaker 2: Then it hit me. I was like, oh my gosh, you look just like I never even I didn't get it. Course you didn't give it much, but I tried to give it for you and me.
Speaker 8: So there's Miles.
Speaker 4: That's Miles, that is us his son.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he was here a week before last. He and so he's got he brought a picture of his dad with Oliver last year Oliver North and uh and and then the other picture Sean Hannity. And then he's got the old best of Rick and Bubba Turner South Days d v D. Some of you may not know what that is, but there were things called the one probably had that factor on it, right, and then it is and and we all got to sign that stuff for him and see him and uh and that was great. And and people from text nations said all these years, some of them this this text said, I always thought that was Rick in the hot tub.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: In my heavy days with the goate that that could that's yeah, uh huh, I get heavy glance. I never not in heavy but heavier except one brief moment when I was in like from seventh to night grade. Yeah, and and I stayed a relatively slim tenth grade year. That it all got away, and I've been pretty much some form of heavy ever since. Different degrees. There's something I was Rick, Yeah, yeah, so they uh know that that wasn't me funny funny, funny bit and uh that was that was he claimed. Those were those were fun, fun years. That whole Turner South thing was just a blast. There was a lot of work and and it it really increased the schedule, but it was a blast and the kids used to watch it before school, and so many people came to the Rick and Bubba show from that because we you know, in the old days and now you're not limited by anything, but in those days you were. You were pretty much limited by the terrestrial radio network.
Speaker 2: That was it.
Speaker 1: If you didn't have an affiliate, then you couldn't get the show. And then this cable channel puts us on in the in the in the mornings on cable, and then that that took us into everywhere that cable channel was available, and it really opened up a whole new world to us. And there's I can't tell how many people I meet that go I started yeah on turns out. So there you go.
Speaker 7: We'll be back.
Speaker 5: Just some wonderful stories from the live studio audience. All are great people. Thank you guys for supporting the show. And it's interesting learning about y'all too.
Speaker 4: Y'all know so much about us.
Speaker 2: It really is.
Speaker 1: That's a great point. Adler, good job.
Speaker 2: We'll come back. We talked to him for you, Greg, Yeah, so.
Speaker 4: We'll and when we're nice to him for you, Greg.
Speaker 2: So that's good.
Speaker 4: You're keep doing what you're doing, buddy.
Speaker 1: So and then supposedly tomorrow, Lord Willie I will be live with the guys for half the show on location on location from a hotel in Norfolk, Virginia, and then easing over to be on the seven hundred Club and then easing back. We'll see all that goes going to be the engineer feel real bad for time. The engineer feel real bad for him because he he was already worried about the last little session that he was going to have with me today on the piece of equipment that I'm carrying that we'll probably be confiscated by TSA, and he wants to go over it with me. Now, when he was talking to me, he did not know that I would have two hours and fifteen minutes of sleep. He didn't know that I struggled to focus anyway on this kind of stuff. And now you know I've got to I'm I'm hopped on caffeine. That can be a positive or negative.
Speaker 2: You struggle to focus, what'd you say?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 1: And you know, especially if it's something that is meticulous and detailed, and you know, watch right here, don't forget this.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm gonna fly cover in there because I'm going to need to know when you check in with us in the morning and say you can't anything to work. Yes, I don't want to wait them, So yeah, we'll go through that were there's a few things that y'all don't care about, but I'm going to let you know about, okay, and try to get you to care, which I'm sure you won't.
Speaker 1: But oh my goodness, I can't even get started tried again.
Speaker 2: The USFL had their USFL Conference Championship and the XFL Conference Championship to see who was going to meet for the UFL Championship. Okay, yeah, And the Stallions hosted the Michigan Panthers yesterday on the Michigan to play this year, right, and they went through the history of how many times the Stallions have come back and beat them, but not yesterday. Michigan won forty four twenty nine. Every time the Stallions responded and got it close, Michigan would go score just couldn't get off the field.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: And then after that on Fox a lot of you saw the DC Defenders and Saint Louis battle Hawks Saint Louis hosting the UFL Championship, and you would think, man, if we could just win, we're going to basically have a home game.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 2: DC beat them thirty six eight team. So on June fourteenth, seven pm Central, ABC has got the DC Defenders and Michigan Panthers for the UFL Championship. So that's going to be on I think ABC. I said that, Yeah, And then today we have the last Super Regional game and it's Murray State and Duke. Everything else is set. The field is set for the UFL, I mean the for the for the the Baseball World Series. You got Louisville and Oregon State, Arizona and Coastal Carolina U C l A will play the winner of Murray State and Duke, and then LSU and Arkansas will match up. And so that's coming up. That is the College Baseball Division one World Series in Omaha. So those are two things. I know y'all probably don't care about Sports Talk six nine, but I just want to update you because a lot of people do. And those were some things at the game. Yeah, a lot of people. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean a lot of people.
Speaker 1: I would say some people know a lot of a lot of people, A lot of people.
Speaker 2: I'll just say people.
Speaker 4: Yeah, several people.
Speaker 1: Ah, for for some people, this is an important update for a lot of people. Do you think though the people who are really into it already know.
Speaker 2: I don't know, because I mean I know, like for me, you know, yeah, I love I love college baseball, but I wouldn't I'm not able to sit there and watch every every out. And like last night, Florida State was at Oregon State and l s U was hosting West Virginia. But I went to bed for it was over, so I had to wake up today and.
Speaker 1: Find out there so like you might have been that for somebody today. Yeah, you know what I'm saying, So you don't have to belittle everything I was asking some you know, you don't want to understand it.
Speaker 2: So so anyway, and then you know that with the uf L, I saw a couple of former interns. Oh yeah, yeah at the uh. It's always crazy because we've been doing this so long to see former interns and they're like dads, our moms, you know, they got these families and everything. You're like, wow, you know I remember you win. Oh yeah, but I remember like one of the first ones. Yeah, him and one of his daughters there last night? How about that yesterday afternoon?
Speaker 1: Booger Remember I remember Boger? Yeah?
Speaker 2: And I always it's always funny too because their intern's name was always match up with what was going on with the show or how little Richard Drivis I think so, I think so which one?
Speaker 1: Booger?
Speaker 2: I think so?
Speaker 1: Yes, Booger bye Jovi. I think's what we called it. Yeah, you're sure about that? Confidence eight eight?
Speaker 2: Okay, that's.
Speaker 1: Confident? The do you why do you think it'll go tomorrow? With the three of you hosting because you know, even when y'all did the Kickoff Hour, Adler wasn't on it. So this is this that help? This is not a hey, this is what we've always done. Right, you and Greg did the Kickoff Hour, but after was never here for that. Yeah, well we're gonna do We're gonna do baseball, rick yep.
Speaker 2: Right, guys, we can do an update on a few sports. Stanley Cup, you know, Stanley Cup, NBA. I didn't even get to that. Yeah, get gracious, your head might have just implode.
Speaker 1: So tomorrow is sports talk. From the time I got off until I get mad, I was just updating.
Speaker 2: I an't I haven't set the segment of the things you don't care about? But should you know what you know? We need to call it th things that Burgess brothers don't care about but others do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what you have the world does. Yeah, a lot of people do you said I would say something.
Speaker 2: I say a lot on college football, maybe some on you Oh football, sure, I mean college baseball, college back. Now football, you can hold my attention.
Speaker 1: I watched a.
Speaker 2: Little bit of the whole rig. It has got to be just that.
Speaker 1: I watched a little bit of Auburn in the Coastal Carolina.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Coastal kind of ruined that that week you're on the street. They did. I think they've won twenty something in a row. I'm looking at you and apparently doesn't care. Looking at that, you like, go, yeah, but they're due, you know, Yeah, you're not going.
Speaker 1: To win the all h dude, here's what I actually, I actually enjoyed college base spot and now I'd like for it to be about five innings, five seven.
Speaker 4: So just completely change the game, is what you're I think.
Speaker 1: I would know there are people who play seven innings. There's been they're like nine years old. I would, I would, I would be fine with seven. I don't want to see college baseball be nine like the Major League baseball. I don't even want major League baseball to be nine.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 1: I'd like to see everybody at seven. I'll compromise seven.
Speaker 8: When do you stretch?
Speaker 1: When is this?
Speaker 4: When does it? When do you stretch?
Speaker 7: Then?
Speaker 4: Seventh inning stretch? When do you do that?
Speaker 2: College baseball shouldn't have a seventh thing stretch.
Speaker 4: Just do fifth, fifth stretch?
Speaker 2: Why not just go to a Savannah Banna's game and call of day Rick, there you go, now.
Speaker 1: Rick, Also, I have uh book d J Maestro smooth, will you bring.
Speaker 4: Some bald egs tomorrow for all of us eight minutes. I'm an eight minute guy on the board.
Speaker 1: I say, you're getting too picky about it.
Speaker 5: Hey, uh, y'all don't care. But the Stanley Cup Final is tied up one to one. Oilers Edmonton Oilers versus Florida Panthers series is tied up one to one.
Speaker 4: They play tonight seven o'clock.
Speaker 1: About the NBA Finals also tied up one night. I've never seen so many things in sports that I don't care about any one thing.
Speaker 8: In one segment, It's Pacers Thunder series is tied up one to one.
Speaker 4: They play on Wednesday.
Speaker 1: The Lakers Day.
Speaker 4: Lakers are out, buddy, that's Lebron and they're out.
Speaker 1: So I'm gonna ask you a very hard question right now. Yes, okay.
Speaker 5: Oh, and while we're talking sports that y'all don't care about. The person that called in asked what do you think is going to happen in the UFC fight this weekend? Last week they called and asked about it. I remember that I said, Sugar Shawn Maalley is going to lose and I was correct, So I just wanted everybody to know.
Speaker 2: Put any money on it.
Speaker 1: Again, I was, I was so close if he had been there, and I was so excited to send it to y'all, and it it didn't work out. I found myself on Friday, I was going out to get something to eat for Sherring me because we were like I would felt like cooking and I and where I went to get the food is right next to George Webby's Lines Heart.
Speaker 2: Academy Adler's Pitt Listen.
Speaker 7: I was.
Speaker 1: I went as far as to look through the window to see if Webby was in there, and I was going to go in and get the video going, and I was going to interview Rebby about about about where he is on you right now. You think he completely forgot about.
Speaker 2: Him, and I was, I was so I was, I was all in.
Speaker 1: I mean, I was going to do it.
Speaker 2: You'll remember, don't do that.
Speaker 4: I'm asking you to not do that.
Speaker 1: And he wasn't there. Do you remember the time he had footage of Adler competing in that turnament.
Speaker 2: And Waby was disgusted, look embarrassed over in the corner going.
Speaker 4: I embarrassed myself. I embarrassed all of my teammates.
Speaker 8: I embarrassed my coach, I embarrassed my wife. Let's talk about it.
Speaker 1: He said something he was getting beat real bad in the points and he looked at Waiver somewhere we just pointed at.
Speaker 2: I was like, I finally got on the dudes back and do something.
Speaker 4: With like thirty seconds ago.
Speaker 8: I actually got out of it, got on the guys back and I looked away, but I was like, what do I do?
Speaker 5: And he was just like, there's nothing you can do, Friendly, There's nothing you can't You're there's nothing you're capable of doing.
Speaker 2: Granted, this is when you were beginning, right, Rick, I haven't competed since wrapping up our sports segment. The NCAA College Sports cleared for revenue sharing with athletes after a settlement was approved Friday.
Speaker 1: Now that I'm actually so interested in Okay, yeah, and we'll be right back because it's running sport. So the text Nation is saying, since since the archive the guests pretty quick on the Daily Show, is it possible for you not to be here?
Speaker 7: Rick?
Speaker 1: And then the three guys actually play your six to seven minutes on the seven hundred Club, And I'm gonna say no to that, because I know what's gonna happen. You're gonna s shered me. You're gonna rip me the shreds. Oh yeah, you're gonna have something to say about my hair, something to say when you're trying to be shore. Yeah, when I when I'm talking about could you greg somehow say well, he is talking about my dad? You wear that turtleneck. You know what what if I did?
Speaker 2: Well, I've been just asking since you're an author, Now, what if I came out of that turtlenick on and too hot? Way too hot?
Speaker 1: All have my hair?
Speaker 8: Yeah, seeing big words like precisely and things like that.
Speaker 1: See, that's what's gonna happen. I won't be here to defend myself and I'll be shredded.
Speaker 4: Wearing a turtleneck.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm not gonna wear turn don't do that.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna work.
Speaker 1: They've told me, by the way to wear a solid color. Already knew that I can't have some kind of logo don't don't wear it. And I was gonna wear that shirt that you make fun of because you would have touched me. But I think it's a little too little, too busy oh that one. Yeah, shuffleboard shirt. Oh I was ready.
Speaker 2: Well, now understand it might there's a younger audience but also an older audience. So you want to dress to where somebody's watching him.
Speaker 1: Going, well, look at that young man he's dressed now, he seems great, A good looking boy is and he hadsome.
Speaker 2: Let's listen to that beard up more to that book. Honey, looks like jave. I'll tell you what. If he'd lose a little more weight, he'd be something. But he's almost there. It's like he stopped. You could tell a little bit better. He's he was doing a lot of it better, says back to a little bit. I really know a lot about you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, but now.
Speaker 2: Here was a good guess he seems he seems loud. Well, you think that's one thing I was playing with him. He thought I was dead. So what if we put Rick on and some reason he just lost in the couldn't even but he says it was just because his baby brother was watching it, choking out. I've never seen him crying thirty something years. But suddenly he breaks down. Who dares me?
Speaker 1: Who dares me? For the show to go on? And they say so tell me a little bit.
Speaker 7: My promise.
Speaker 2: We're gonna cry.
Speaker 1: And just and I'm just doing it for the show.
Speaker 2: That's it. So what we do? Well, you know how it is.
Speaker 1: Y'all all been away from here. I know you were toldly just the other day you tried to go out and do something for the show. You got shredded while you were out.
Speaker 2: Yes, of course that's gonna happen. We can talk music. What word do we want to give Rick, He's gonna have to work you guys.
Speaker 1: Yes, right, so we got to give you atulate.
Speaker 2: It's too hard to capitulate.
Speaker 1: You know. Dad would often try to capitulate.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's that's you got a monstrosity. I would like to hear you say, mo strossity.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know it's like, you know a lot of times coaches like this come across as a monstrosity. But that that really wasn't bad.
Speaker 2: Uh, these.
Speaker 1: It's a seven hundred club.
Speaker 2: Saying you can you work that in?
Speaker 1: And I might.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna try to pick you up on my shoulders and okay we'll do it together. Yeah, and then Adler you walk in front Channing Yeah, yeah, yeah, seven hundred club. I'm not trying to try to work it into the Senate. I mean, I'm not doing that.
Speaker 7: I'm not headed.
Speaker 2: Where we're fast we're doing.
Speaker 1: And we were, I mean we were about told you'll say something, we're about to go on there.
Speaker 2: And I called you asked if you heard from both.
Speaker 1: You said both.
Speaker 2: That's not nothing to be proud of having this conversation about this. When we came right after, it was nothing else going.
Speaker 1: Then I said, now I want to I'm glad to be here. I brought your d's.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe say you don't the guys, this is.
Speaker 1: Not the conversation. Now you're right, I'm funny about that?
Speaker 8: No, what about about funny?
Speaker 2: What about you could say something about you know, let's see here. No, guys, this is not too high school. All I made was DS you let me be do perfectly. Saying you could do it to where it's not offended made me perfect. Clear. So everybody who needs to hear this, here's this. But I made listen. Listen. I want everybody to hear this.
Speaker 1: Listen, including the one ring, the man and the one and only. Let me tell you that everybody's listening, including the one and only living. Okay, yes, so I'm gonna say the record watches. I want to be on record saying I'm not going on the seven hundred club making a D job.
Speaker 4: I'm not doing We're not doing mature.
Speaker 1: You are going to me.
Speaker 2: It's a right. It is a Christian broadcast.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 4: Apology doesn't seem right, it is right, right.
Speaker 2: I apologize, thanks for bringing us back. Yeah, y'all got me, yo, y'all got me getting interviewed on Joe Rogan.
Speaker 1: No, all right, you do it on there.
Speaker 2: You got these boys right here, get out of hand.
Speaker 7: I thank you for that.
Speaker 2: No, not going to do it.
Speaker 4: We these are some of the things I've learned.
Speaker 2: That's terrible. That's a terrible thing. Yeah. Yeah, but we're not you know what we're not doing. We're not helping you. No, we're not helping anything.
Speaker 1: Cancel the trip. I realized I can't leave here. If I leave here, it is going to.
Speaker 2: Be a man. Where's a huge I don't want to tell you. Listen.
Speaker 1: I ran into Tom in the hallway. He's got trained rick today. Handsful buddy, he said, no, I ain't none to It's okay. Does he look sad a little? I think maybe from the rain, but.
Speaker 2: What about it during this This is the challenge with Tom in your session today, we'll go what are these buttons mean? If you're not going to do a seven hundred? Right with Tom? I have to take both of me. Now you're in it. This is what I just did.
Speaker 1: This analogy in Texas about the inner circle. Don't let people in that inner circle that influence you away from him. You know what, guys, I shouldn't have you all my inner circle. You'll belong in the second speaker roll tied in there.
Speaker 2: We apologize for that. Yeah, we're sorry, Rick, thanks a lot. That's fine.
Speaker 1: This is a bad idea.
Speaker 2: Hey, Rick, here from the Rick Birders Show. What am I doing?
Speaker 1: I'm leaving the studio to Speedy Great and Adler. I'll be on location Lord Willing tomorrow. When I say on the show, you never know what's going to happen tomorrow, I say it with even more conviction. Don't miss the Rick Burgers Show. You just heard the Daily Best of the Rick Burgess Show. Catch the entire show wherever you get podcasts, or watch us live and archived on YouTube. And subscribers can watch the Daily Best of the Rick Burgess Show on Blaze TV,