Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers report your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 1: I'm Tim Staneveek along with Alex Samonova. Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today. We are joined by Bloomberg News reporter Judy LaGrue. Judy, welcome, what's on your radar?
Speaker 3: Listen? I'm so curious. Do either of you shop at Costco?
Speaker 1: You know, I'm so glad you asked so, Yes and no. We went to Costco once. Have you been to Costco in Brooklyn?
Speaker 4: Alex, No, but not recently. My parents used to take me there for the samples.
Speaker 1: Well, they had the right, they had the right, they had the right thinking because now it's too crowded to go. So we went once and we didn't even make it inside.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: But we order Costco a few times a year, so it's still worth it to us to be members, even though it's a little more expensive to do the ordering because it is so crowded on the weekends that it's just a zoo. But their delivery, they've really beefed up delivery's They partner with Instacart now absolutely.
Speaker 5: I mean that is the crux of the reason why Costco stock has reached an all time high as a close today, So the stock is up twenty seven percent year to date. And what a lot of analysts are saying is that despite the high gas prices that we're seeing, shoppers are really looking for bargains on essentials and Costco is really really taking.
Speaker 3: Off as a result of that.
Speaker 5: And Tim, as you mentioned, we're seeing just a lot of growth not only internationally with Costco but also with their e commerce, and that's really fueling their growth.
Speaker 1: I do feel like the part you miss out on Costco with when you do order is like just randomly running into stuff that's like a good deal for a limited time at Costco. That was my experience growing up. Is like, you know, you load the minivan with the coolers, and you know there was there was in a Costco close to us, Like we would drive a half hour to go to a Costco.
Speaker 4: You see something and you're like, wow, I didn't know that this exists in bulk, and I have to have it.
Speaker 1: Now exactly, And that's what that's what we did. So now we're just you know, maybe maybe one day we'll figure out a time to go. I hear eight am or whatever, nine am or whatever. Saturday mornings is the time. But that's just too early for me, at least in Brooklyn.
Speaker 3: Oh truly.
Speaker 1: All right, let's talk a little bit about cybersecurity. CrowdStrike is also on your radar.
Speaker 3: Today, definitely.
Speaker 5: I think there's a really interesting larger story that's emerging about AI and how it's really bifurcating between sort of AI as it touches software and AI as it touches chip making. Where CrowdStrike really sort of has its own Niche is within cybersecurity as it pertains to AI, and as AI grows and develops, a lot of businesses are like, we've got to protect this. And so CrowdStrike had an all time intry day high but came off of it before close today. So just a lot of really good movement, up about thirty two percent on the year. And again, I think it's really indicative of what seeing with AI and how that's really changing and morphing right in front of our very eyes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, CrowdStrike ticker CRWD. I am shocked. I had no idea that this was not a victim of the SaaS apocalypse.
Speaker 3: Really interesting, very much as face send.
Speaker 1: You all time high. That's amazing.
Speaker 4: I think it might have been for a little bit and then investor has bought into it.
Speaker 1: They were like, Okay, this actually will work in an AI world.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because that's what happens when these companies still have pretty solid earnings.
Speaker 1: Yes, Crowdstrig trading at six hundred and fourteen dollars a share right now, what else are you watching?
Speaker 4: Chewy?
Speaker 5: Like anyone else today and especially anybody with an animal at home a dog for me, the.
Speaker 3: Chewy story is really really fascinating.
Speaker 5: So Chewy close down about ten percent today and a lot of it was as we had heard in earlier sort of news, the comments that the CEO made about the stretched consumer that they've seen since the beginning of the year. And I find this a really interesting sort of consumer angle. That is pets, right, the one of the most emotional purchases that we make really is to sort of care for and really make sure to pamper our pets. And so again, very fascinating to see sort of how consumer sentiment really operates within the pet sector in light of everything going on macroeconomically. So we've heard time in and time again macro uncertainty, oil prices, and so forth. But again, I think this is a really interesting space to watch as those elements continue to impact both in consumers and the market as a whole.
Speaker 4: People always say that their love for their pets is recession proof.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 1: I'm just going to use this as the opportunity that I always do to remind everybody to please pick up after their pets.
Speaker 4: There's a big campaign that New York City is doing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I mean when it gets to Brooklyn, because there's some people who don't necessarily do that that's been on this high horse before.
Speaker 2: This stock Mover's report from Blueloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.