Speaker 1: Hello, folks, It's Lyle. Here's the deal. I've been having a lot of longer callers on the podcast this year, which personally I have very much enjoyed. It's always great to get to talk to people in depth. However, this episode, I thought, why not shake it up a little bit and give callers only sixty seconds until I hang up on them. We get in, we get the good stuff, and we go on our way. Folks, this is one minute calls. Let's do it.
Speaker 2: Burns, Hi, Burns, Hey, how are you okay?
Speaker 3: I need you to tell me when I have thirty seconds left. I have two things to say. One of them is I made meatballs tonight and I didn't have any bread combs, so I used tortilla chips instead, and they didn't turn out that good. They taste it like tortilla chips. The second the second thing, it was pretty good. Actually it wasn't that all right. And the second thing is I just got a new job. I'm a mechanic. I live in the Midwest, and I switched from just doing breaks and suspension to now engine work, and it's really stressing me out. My first day was today.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, okay, what why is it stressing you out.
Speaker 3: Because it breaks and suspension is super easy, but like engine work is pretty hardcore, and then there's more diagnosing in bolth.
Speaker 1: Okay, are you confident about your ability to beat the stress?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, dude, I got this beautiful.
Speaker 4: Hi, you have a minute, yo.
Speaker 5: So the other day my co worker told me about HMP. Do you know what that is?
Speaker 1: What is?
Speaker 5: It's the Human Meat Project and I am not quite positive if it is real or not? Is because oh, it's it's about human sorry population trying to solve that problem by using human meat as food.
Speaker 1: Okay, why are you not sure about this?
Speaker 5: Because the website looks real even though it's a dot com. You can buy those, so it's not like a dot org where you can't buy those.
Speaker 1: Well, no, I'm not asking about the website. I'm asking about the the project. What about the project sounds like a bad idea to you?
Speaker 5: No, it doesn't sound like a bad idea.
Speaker 1: I don't know ten seconds to explain.
Speaker 5: I don't know if it's real or not.
Speaker 1: Okay, but if it is real, why is it bother you? It sounds actually kind of like not a bad idea.
Speaker 4: All From Bobby Schmurt it.
Speaker 1: Bobby, How you doing.
Speaker 6: I'm doing great. I got got on mayn I ate the mushrooms earlier. Okay, I'm watching Cody and no weel I'm watching you.
Speaker 7: I'm eating McDonald's.
Speaker 1: What inspire you to take mushrooms today?
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 1: Well, you don't have time for what?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 6: I wasn't on time for anything.
Speaker 9: I interesting took the mushrooms because I pulled it out of a hat.
Speaker 6: It was either weed, mushrooms or alcohol.
Speaker 1: You pulled either weed mushrooms arechol out of a hat.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 6: It was three pieces of paper and I drew the mushrooms.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 1: Do you normally do this before you take drugs?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 6: No, it's my Saturday though.
Speaker 4: I couldn't decide.
Speaker 1: Okay, so this is the first time you've done this with the hat?
Speaker 12: With the hat?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay? And are you glad that you picked mushrooms and anything else?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I think it got me on here.
Speaker 1: Interesting? Okay. What have we learned about him? We learned that he has a ritual. We learned a lesson, folks. We learned, as they told us in kindergarten, you don't you get what you get and you don't get upset Bobby knew that whatever choice he ended up with would be the right choice, because he made it the right choice. If he had landed on alcohol, he would have had a great night in getting drunk. If he landed on weed, you would have had a great night getting high. And if he landed on mushrooms, you would have had a great time doing mushrooms. It's a proverb for life. Whatever happens to you, you enjoy it.
Speaker 4: Caul.
Speaker 14: From Christen, Hey, Kristin, how you doing?
Speaker 15: Hey?
Speaker 7: Get what's up?
Speaker 1: You have a minute?
Speaker 16: Five?
Speaker 7: A minute? Okay? Quick? Red or black?
Speaker 1: Uh? Red?
Speaker 17: Red?
Speaker 18: Okay?
Speaker 7: This is gonna take probably the minute here? How you doing?
Speaker 19: Uh?
Speaker 1: Good?
Speaker 10: Was that?
Speaker 1: What does that question have to do with anything?
Speaker 7: I'm playing roulette right now?
Speaker 1: Okay? How are you winning.
Speaker 8: So far?
Speaker 7: I'm about even chilling?
Speaker 1: Much money is on the line?
Speaker 7: Oh, I'm just playing like five dollars spins?
Speaker 1: Okay, how much money have you won so far?
Speaker 7: I am up two dollars right now?
Speaker 1: Okay? Now did the rouletto? Is it red? Or is it black?
Speaker 7: It's slowing down right now? Okay, and it's black.
Speaker 1: I hung up on him early all From Catherine, Hey, Kathy, you have a minute.
Speaker 8: Hey.
Speaker 20: Yeah, so every other day I think about the fact that there are atoms, like that is in my mouth, the probably at some point where in the asshole of someone else.
Speaker 1: And how do you feel when you think about that?
Speaker 16: I don't know.
Speaker 20: I think maybe I should not think about it.
Speaker 1: Can I give you some perspective? Yes, So you're grossed out by ass atoms? Right, but you've given these qualities to an ass, gross, disgusting, smelly. But those qualities are as a result of the labeling that you have done of the atoms. But when you look at an ass and you look at it as just atoms in the same way you could look at your lips and look at as just atoms, all the traits that you associate with the ass fade away and all you're seeing is atoms. So really, just your atoms became atoms in a different place.
Speaker 21: Yeah, that makes sense.
Speaker 1: Stick a phone goal.
Speaker 4: All from.
Speaker 15: Hey, my name is Hi.
Speaker 1: You have a minute.
Speaker 8: Hey, I was just on your thoughts on this. I'm a delivery driver, so a lot of my expenses gas and I currently get about twenty miles of a gallon, and I have no car payments. Should I maybe take on a car payment and get a vehicle with better mileage.
Speaker 1: Oh can you what what did you say you do for a living? Drive truck? Are you your delivery driver?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Like door to ash and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: I don't. Can you look into whether or not you can write your gas and stuff off on your taxes? Uh?
Speaker 8: You can, but it's either your gas or your miles, and it's usually you usually have more miles.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, then in that case, I would take that into account to make your decision. Someone said it's a good way to make to build credit.
Speaker 4: All from banana fo to accept.
Speaker 1: Hello.
Speaker 7: Okay, do you think that they should make banana fago?
Speaker 1: Uh? Would you drink it? I?
Speaker 7: I think I definitely would.
Speaker 1: Okay, so at least one person would drink it, would would you not? No, definitely not. But I wouldn't really like banana anything. I don't like banana laughy taffy. I feel like that's a popular banana thing. Now, let me ask you this is the fact do you I? Okay? I think the fact that you would drink it means that there are other people out the who would drink it, And I think enough people out there being desiring it would warrant its creation, but I know what goes into making a soda, so who knows.
Speaker 10: I really respect that.
Speaker 13: I know chat is going crazy, but I respect what you have to say.
Speaker 10: So thank you.
Speaker 1: Well, Like I said, woo woop back all right? Yeah, hello, Hey have a time, man, you have a minute?
Speaker 4: Holy shit?
Speaker 17: Hey with sub gag?
Speaker 1: How you doing?
Speaker 22: It's my birthday, so I just want to say hi.
Speaker 1: A birthday, man.
Speaker 12: I will turning twenty three.
Speaker 1: What do you about to turn twenty three?
Speaker 17: Yes, sir, I am.
Speaker 1: What are you most excited about? What do you must.
Speaker 22: Nothing? Man, I'm going to Barcelona for like a month and hopefully I can stay there for a while. I'm tired of United States life?
Speaker 1: Why what are you tired of about the United States life?
Speaker 22: Just being a slaver slave to capitalism?
Speaker 23: Man, It's.
Speaker 1: Is Spain, not capitalism. What is What have they got in Spain?
Speaker 22: I don't know, man. I just think it'll be way chiller out there and you'll get to drink sangry or anytime you want.
Speaker 1: That sounds beautiful. I hope you have a great time.
Speaker 22: Thank you, God bless you.
Speaker 4: Jack.
Speaker 1: I like that guy a lot. That was a great woeman.
Speaker 23: To call.
Speaker 4: Paul from Cassidy.
Speaker 1: Hey, Cassie, you have a minut.
Speaker 24: Hey everyone, my guinea pig died and I don't really know how to feel that.
Speaker 1: How long have you had the guinea pig for.
Speaker 24: Like two years? His name was Vincenzo.
Speaker 1: It was one of your favorite memories with your guinea pig.
Speaker 24: He had huge balls, okay, huge fucking balls, and he could have got along with my other guinea pig better, but my dad was too proud to cut his ball off.
Speaker 1: Uh really, why did you want to cut his balls off?
Speaker 24: If he can like uh not, like spray on the other one and they could get along better.
Speaker 1: Oh was he coming all over the other guinea pigs?
Speaker 16: Yeah, it happens.
Speaker 1: Okay. I feel like if two humans did that on each other, that the human that did they would probably get arrested probably, But he was a guinea pig world. I feel like it's not as bad.
Speaker 24: No, yeah, I'd like to live in guinea pig world. Not for the coming reason, just in general.
Speaker 1: Are you going to do one?
Speaker 22: I don't know.
Speaker 25: I'm going to college.
Speaker 10: Maybe?
Speaker 26: Oh?
Speaker 4: All from Greg?
Speaker 10: Hi?
Speaker 1: Greg?
Speaker 12: Holy, okay, I got one minute. Recently broke up with my lady. And the other day I was reflecting, right, and I had like this gay thought because generally a lot of my buddies, I don't know, we're kind of growing apart. And I was thinking, man, I gotta find the right guy for me, but not in like a sexual way or anything, just like I got to find a good guy, you know. And then I was like, holy crap, that's kind of gay.
Speaker 1: Well, like a good male friend, yeah, like a buddy. I think it's important to have a buddy. I think platonic male friendship is very important. Platonic friendship ven agenda is very important.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 12: But then I was worried, like, that's not gay, is it is? Just I want a new buddy.
Speaker 1: Like you're asking if it's gay to make friends.
Speaker 12: Dude, I fucking love you, man, You're the best.
Speaker 1: It is a little gay to make friends. It's undeniably little gay. You're inviting a dude over to hang out. It's a little gay. He's right, it's a little gay.
Speaker 4: Paul from LORI, Hey, Lurie, how are you doing?
Speaker 27: Oh I am I actually.
Speaker 1: On yep, you have sixty seconds.
Speaker 12: Oh cool.
Speaker 27: My name is not Laurie, it's.
Speaker 1: Toy Okay, you have forty seconds.
Speaker 27: Okay, So I'm trying to make a friend with a woman, and I'm having trouble finding a woman.
Speaker 1: Why are you, Oh, you're having trouble finding a woman to make friends with? Yeah, why are you having trouble with that?
Speaker 27: I don't know. I find it hard to meet someone that like kind of matches my vibe.
Speaker 1: I guess what kinds of things have you been doing to attempt to do that.
Speaker 27: I'm trying to join more clubs, like I'm joining a chess club in a gymnastics club, and hopefully I'll meet someone to do fun things with.
Speaker 1: I think if you continue to put yourself out there, it's almost inevitable.
Speaker 27: Yeah, hopefully. I don't know, it's been a while.
Speaker 1: Oh crap, I'll hung up on her. I guess that's the whole point.
Speaker 4: Paul from Yahn, Hey, y on, you have a minute.
Speaker 1: For five seconds.
Speaker 25: So I just had a conversation with one of my friends that I've been in school for a couple of years, and I just had a conversation with him today and basically I had like a friend breakup and it's pretty.
Speaker 1: Tough, Like, why did you guys break up?
Speaker 25: He kissed one of my cousins and what's the sext.
Speaker 10: Thing the other one?
Speaker 1: Oh Jesus.
Speaker 11: Yeah, So I don't know how to feel.
Speaker 25: But yeah, I'm a people pleaser, so it's kind of bittersweet.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, I look, I think there's something to be said about, you know, setting whatever your boundaries are and then enforcing them.
Speaker 25: Yeah, exactly, I'm working through that now.
Speaker 1: Is there anything you want to say in the next five seconds?
Speaker 11: Good night?
Speaker 1: Good night?
Speaker 4: Call from Chili to accept Prescott.
Speaker 1: Hey, Chillie, have a minute.
Speaker 5: Oh shit, Hi, when you think of a dorito, do you think of cool ranch or Nato cheese?
Speaker 24: Like?
Speaker 4: What is not to Jesus the Yeah, okay, that's.
Speaker 27: All, Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: A go oh.
Speaker 4: All from spaghetti?
Speaker 1: Hi, spaghetti? How are you second?
Speaker 15: Oh shit, okay? I love my dog?
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 10: I don't know.
Speaker 15: She's my dog. She's old. I'm selling her a sling so I can like help her up the stairs.
Speaker 1: That's really cute. How old is she? Uh?
Speaker 15: She's about maybe like thirteen, a little older.
Speaker 1: What's the best memory you have with your dog?
Speaker 15: Oh shit, Uh, I don't know, like holding her after like our floors got done and she was like actually feeling cuddally normally she's not like that cuddally.
Speaker 1: That's really cute. What kind of dog is she?
Speaker 15: She's just like, we don't know her exact brade, she's mutt.
Speaker 8: H.
Speaker 1: Where do you think we go when we die?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 15: Shit, I don't know, man, I don't really care.
Speaker 1: Anything else you want to say before we go? You have five seconds?
Speaker 4: Uh? Yeah, that's it all from teezy helloat.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Hi you have sixty seconds.
Speaker 28: Hi, I love you.
Speaker 1: Oh that's so sweet of you to say. What's going on with you? What? How's your life? Tell me everything?
Speaker 29: Okay, fuck it, I want to tell you.
Speaker 30: But my project team we're making a canoe out of concrete and this ship floats. I'm asthetics fleed and it's seventies teams and it's called the boogie Boat.
Speaker 1: How do you make a canoe out of congret? There's no way you're gonna be able to tell me the answer that in fifty seconds.
Speaker 31: But it's less dense than the water.
Speaker 1: It's less dense than water.
Speaker 28: Well, I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I guess if you can make like a whole uh fucking Dizzysney cruise float that you can make something out of concrete.
Speaker 19: Yeah, I guess so we like raped it.
Speaker 30: There are like four people in there.
Speaker 1: That's pretty impressive. Thank you, have a good rest of the night. Pretty impressive. A whole ship made out of cardboard. Wait, no, man out of concrete all from Yeah, hey man, you got a minute.
Speaker 32: Hey, So I was I'm kind of in a funny position right now. I was considering originally going to blacksmithing, and I tested out of high school for that, and I've been invested in that for about a year now before realizing if I really want to make it, I need to get basically a whole machine.
Speaker 3: Shop on my side.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 32: So I'm considering pivoting to something like maybe computer sciences. But I'm really stuck in my position here because that would require a lot of.
Speaker 7: I'm just stuck.
Speaker 19: Man.
Speaker 1: How old are you.
Speaker 32: Nineteen?
Speaker 1: Okay, so like when you're seventy years old, the amount of time that it took you to pivot will be nothing.
Speaker 32: That's a good way of putting it. I always kind of had the idea I was just gonna end up dying in.
Speaker 18: A war, so it didn't really matter.
Speaker 32: It's probably a bad thought though, what war would you die in? We'd get into one. H I mean being realistic here, I don't know. There are so many China, Russia. Just something.
Speaker 1: Into a war then nothing will matter what you did, you know.
Speaker 7: Well, yeah, it's kind of my point.
Speaker 1: Okay, So what do you want to do?
Speaker 32: Uh? I think I had a really bad nihilistic worldview going into this, and I'm probably just overthinking it. But I think I'm gonna go into the blacksmithink thing and just hope I find enough money to get a machine shop.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you don't want to pivot?
Speaker 32: You know, maybe not because I don't know that much about computers, and I was thinking about computer sciences because I just looked up indeed that common look at that.
Speaker 18: There's a lot of jobs.
Speaker 1: Well I'll say this. You know, computers, you know, they're kind of a fad.
Speaker 14: But swords, Yeah, swords are cool.
Speaker 32: But is there anyone in chat? If you own a katana? You're dumb. But that's all I'm gonna say.
Speaker 1: Thank you for calling.
Speaker 32: Thank you very much every day?
Speaker 4: Oh pull from.
Speaker 1: Hi, you have a minute.
Speaker 27: Hello.
Speaker 29: I'm a a longtime watcher and for some color, my boyfriend's roommate has a cat, and I'm really good friends with the cat like that cat I've ever met. But one day my boyfriend will not be roommates with that roommate and I will not have the cat near me anymore.
Speaker 1: What do I How do I deal itz when you're with the cat. I want you to really feel the cat's fur. I want you to stop what you're doing. I don't want you to be on your phone when you're with the cat. All right, just really for a second, meditate with the cat, be in the moment with the cat, and accept the time that you do have with this cat is the only time you will ever have with this cat. And really be in that time, and really be in that moment as much as you can with all of your attention, all of your senses.
Speaker 27: All right, that's great advice.
Speaker 4: All from Kyle.
Speaker 1: Hi, Kyle, Oh, hey, you have thirty seconds? Wait, no, you have a minute. I keep saying thirty seconds. Actually not, fuck you, you have thirty seconds.
Speaker 23: I finally made on the show. Yeah, okay, So I wanted to tell.
Speaker 17: You about how.
Speaker 23: I sort of have a crush on my co worker that has the same name as me.
Speaker 1: Interesting, tell me more.
Speaker 23: Yeah, I don't know how to go about asking him if he'd want to hang out outside of his book because he's kind of older than me.
Speaker 1: How much older is he than you?
Speaker 23: He's thirty four when I'm nineteen.
Speaker 1: Okay, go live your life, Kyle, Go do whatever you feel is good for you as a human being.
Speaker 4: How from O there?
Speaker 1: Hey there, you got a minute?
Speaker 33: See did you know that killer bees were a Strie experiment that escapes from a lamb in nineteen fifties?
Speaker 1: Is that true? Does that mean that all killer b's are artificial?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 33: Basically?
Speaker 1: Now does that make you more or less afraid of that?
Speaker 33: I just think it's crazy that they're flying around and nobody's talking about how their science experiments.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm gonna do because you know what I'm gonna do, because you know you have a good energy to you. You know what I'm gonna do. I'm never going to look this up and I'm just going to.
Speaker 33: Okay, thank you.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna do that as a personal favor to you.
Speaker 24: I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Is anything else you want to say to the people the computer before we.
Speaker 33: Go go ahead and look it up for actually really interesting, I'm.
Speaker 1: Not gonna look I'm not gonna look it up. I believe her, Samuel, Samuel, you have sixty seconds.
Speaker 34: Oh oh, I'm on our and then close. This is rep the core my crisis.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 34: I just feel like life is still finite, Like I just spent an hour trying to call into this show for a minute of time and I don't know, man like, and I'm my career, I'm just spend having my last job and another aping like, I don't know. This feels like a problem.
Speaker 1: What do you want to do?
Speaker 34: What do I want to do?
Speaker 1: Yep?
Speaker 34: I don't know, dude, I need that work life balance. I don't have it.
Speaker 1: You got to think of something what's important to you? You know, take a second, think about what's important to you? Life is it? Friends?
Speaker 21: Okay?
Speaker 1: Okay? Do you want to do anything to accomplish anything?
Speaker 34: That's it? I don't know, man mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Let the finite noess of life motivate you to do more things that you want to do in your life. It's a good thing that life is finite, not bad.
Speaker 34: Yeah all right, yeah, that's perfectly Yeah.
Speaker 1: Make some more special.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, all right, I understand now all from hey life.
Speaker 1: Take out? Hi? How you doing?
Speaker 14: You have six seconds been pretty good.
Speaker 35: I am obsessed with liminal spaces, and if I could live in the back rooms, I'd be like extremely comfortable with it.
Speaker 1: But now if you lived in the back rooms, they would no longer be novel to you.
Speaker 35: Yeah, technically I don't. I guess I just kind of craved to not exist, but not in like a really sad way like that. The empty ness, like the emptiness of a new like neighborhood is like really comforting.
Speaker 1: Have you thought about moving to a new place?
Speaker 35: I honestly really do.
Speaker 1: Oh where would you want to go?
Speaker 19: Uh?
Speaker 35: Right now, I'm in Arizona and I either want to go back to Virginia or like to Washington way just out in the middle of nowhere.
Speaker 1: Have you thought about trying to go to one of the uh uh, like a liminal place, like a like a check cheese that was abandon or something.
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 35: Yeah, of course, I really want to like go like urban diving. I guess, like exploring like lost places.
Speaker 1: That'd be cool.
Speaker 14: Paul from Judy, Hey Jimmy, have a minute.
Speaker 36: Okay, what's up?
Speaker 37: Kick?
Speaker 36: So do you think it's weird to not eat edibles or smoke weed for like years? And then decide one weekend to just like eat a shit ton of them and play VR chat.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't use the word weird to describe that, but obviously something compelled you to want to do that, and I want to know what that thing was.
Speaker 36: I don't know, man, but I'll tell you. Going into like a digital bar and like getting into a fight with like a banana and like a random Nazi. It's a It's been enlightening to say the least.
Speaker 1: Okay, have you gotten any value out of doing this?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 36: So I'm a little more confident, like when I'm like Keanu Reeves or like Kermit. You know, it's nice to be able to get out of your own skin.
Speaker 1: Do you feel like you will continue to do this in the future. Oh?
Speaker 36: Yeah, Yeah, I'm gonna do it a lot. I don't know about the weed and the edibles, so but you know, gotta do what you gotta do.
Speaker 1: How Hi are you right now?
Speaker 19: Oh?
Speaker 7: Man, I'm real high.
Speaker 3: I like.
Speaker 4: Call from Hey, you have a minute, Hey, Lyle.
Speaker 3: So I went sober for the New year, sixteen days going strong.
Speaker 4: But the problem that.
Speaker 9: I'm having right now is I have nothing to do with my time passing them out smoking beeds. I just got out of surgery for the new year, and I need ideas for ways to get out. I'm only twenty and I have to wait another eleven months before my birthday.
Speaker 34: What should I do?
Speaker 1: First of all, you're on the right track. I feel like the best way to avoid smoking we need is to occupy yourself with something else. What other things do you like to do?
Speaker 9: I play games, I'm mountain bike, I do airsoft, and I play other sports and ULTI before the minute's over, does the green paint stay in.
Speaker 1: Your face as it does? And do all those things?
Speaker 7: Awesome? Thank you for your advice.
Speaker 1: I he have fifteen seconds left.
Speaker 4: All from Potato Guy.
Speaker 1: Hair, Potato Guy, How are you doing?
Speaker 34: Hello?
Speaker 38: I was so glad you picked up this call. How do you feel about sweet potatoes?
Speaker 1: I like them? You know some people, I think some people view them as a healthier alternative to French fried potatoes, but I'm not sure if they are.
Speaker 38: I think they have like additional vitamins and minerals and such. But you know, we're here. The potatoes are a uniter. They're humble fruits that are so versatile.
Speaker 1: And in what way in your life have potatoes been a united for you.
Speaker 38: Well, I just think everyone eats potatoes. Everyone likes potatoes. They're very accessible, affordable food, and I eat them all the time. There was a time in life. Do you ever realize there was a time in America where the government said we should eat six potatoes a day?
Speaker 1: Is that true?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 38: When I was a kid, that's the food pyramid, six pieces of bread or potatoes a day.
Speaker 1: And then you know what I'm gonna do. Because I like you, what, I'm gonna believe you and not look it up. That's why I do now. When I like people, I just believe things that they say. I want to look it up.
Speaker 14: All from sprinkles, Hey, Sprinkles.
Speaker 1: You have a minute, yo.
Speaker 17: So I haven't been dating for a while. Last time I did was in high school. I'm in my mid twenties right now, I am a virgin. But I'm trying to get back in the dating pool. But it's like it's something I don't really care about. It's not a big deal for me. But I don't know whether it's something I should broach or mention or talk about, because like, I'm gonna suck at it. Everyone does, but I don't know how to go about that.
Speaker 1: I feel like the beautiful thing about life is that you get to choose what it is that you care about. So if you care about sex and dating, you can absolutely plunge yourself in in there and you know, explore that universe. But if you don't care about that, and you care about other things, you can feel free to decide what it is that you want to uh do with your life and how you want to prioritize things, because you know life is short, so you should really pick what is important to you and pursue it.
Speaker 17: Cool, So it's like it's not really a big deal.
Speaker 1: But your version, what was that? What your virgin?
Speaker 17: Yeah, just like it's not something that needs to be getting in my way.
Speaker 1: I think up on it. But I think the right person for you will not care. There's lots of different people in the universe, especially if you're only in your twenties, and I think that in a world of many many men men and men and many many men, many many, many, many, many many infinite potential sexual romantic partners, you will be able to find somebody who does not care that you are a virgin. I don't know if you really want to practice sex. You could always I mean, you could always hire a prostitute and like, you know, lose your virginity so that you kind of know what you're doing and then go out and date people. I don't know if that's a bad idea or not, but that's illegal, not everywhere. I don't know where he lives.
Speaker 4: All from.
Speaker 1: Oh hey, well you have a minute.
Speaker 21: Yeah, I'm just wondering, would you let you if you were a girl, would you let your husband put it in your ast?
Speaker 1: If I were a girl and I let my husband put it in it in my ass? Well, here's the thing is, as I stand right now, as a guy who hasn't asked, I don't like things in my ass. I don't know if being a girl would change that. And that's not something I would know unless if I was actually experiencing it. So I don't feel like I could answer this question. But I think if I just magically changed genders and my current feelings about you know, what my sexual likes and dislikes where as they stood, I would not let my husband put his penis in my ass.
Speaker 21: Would you want a wife to do it?
Speaker 1: I would? I? Did you not hear me?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 21: But would you want your wife? Would you want your wife? Did you?
Speaker 14: I'm not sure what that last question meant all from wait.
Speaker 1: Hey Clayton, you got a minute?
Speaker 7: What's up?
Speaker 1: You got fifty five seconds?
Speaker 16: What's going on?
Speaker 37: Man?
Speaker 1: Not much, man, I'm hanging out on in life. What's going on? Oh?
Speaker 6: Not a whole lot?
Speaker 22: Man.
Speaker 6: Uh. What's your favorite food in general?
Speaker 1: My favorite in general is probably pizza. I'll say that pizza.
Speaker 31: I will probably have to go with pizza or wings.
Speaker 15: What's your favorite type of wing if you like them?
Speaker 1: Oh? Man, it's between a honey barbecue and mild. It depends on how spicy I'm feeling these days. But I've been really enjoying, uh, mild wings. I might do that after I'm done over here. I'll make it some mild wings.
Speaker 6: That sounds good.
Speaker 20: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But what's your greatest Uh, what's the what's the greatest? What's what? What is bringing you the most amount of sadness in your life?
Speaker 31: The most amount of sadness was probably enlisting in the military. It was a big mistake.
Speaker 1: Thank you for calling. You know, I've been saying I get mixed calls about that because some people who joined the military that I've talked to both on the show and in my personal life. They feel like it was the best decision. It's it's I've only heard I've only heard the polar extremes, Like I've only heard people being like, it's the best decision I've ever made in my life, and it's the worst decision I've ever made in my life.
Speaker 14: Kind of fascinating all from Ludo Vica.
Speaker 1: Hey, how are you?
Speaker 28: I'm hello?
Speaker 1: Hi, you have a minute?
Speaker 28: So I uh hooked up with my coworker that is five years older than me and also does not have good relations with any women at my job.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, what did you want to help up with them?
Speaker 27: Honestly, I don't know.
Speaker 28: I just kind of wanted to. But yeah, Madame Hotel, it was good, but my friend's really mad at me for it.
Speaker 1: Now, where's breend mad of you?
Speaker 28: What was mad?
Speaker 1: Why? Washi Madio?
Speaker 28: Because he was saying stuff to my other coworker and he also cheated on his girlfriend with my other coworker.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, are you gonna see him again?
Speaker 28: I did for the first time, and then I told my friend it's only about two times. But honestly, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm Paul from Leslie.
Speaker 1: Leslie. Uh, yes, hi, hey, Leslie, have a minute.
Speaker 15: Okay.
Speaker 2: I just wanted to say that I have a gecko and I need him, Lyle. And I think I am a terrible friend because I feel like to never text back.
Speaker 22: Uh.
Speaker 1: You feel like a terrible friend because you don't text back?
Speaker 2: Yes, at least my friends on Red.
Speaker 27: I feel like it takes a lot of energy.
Speaker 21: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: All right, I'm gonna tell you something like, listen, okay, if you we you we. I just need you to know that you live in a world that was not meant for you.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: Human beings uh and technology are not on the same pace. So it is very understandable that you have uh a difficult time texting people back, and you should not beat yourself up about that.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, I guess it's just a condition.
Speaker 4: On it.
Speaker 1: But I believe so heavily in that I leave people on Red all the time because look, do you guys here's and I hate when people get upset at before it. I hate when people get upset before it. Someone says me and fuck you, Okay, do you if you have you ever have you ever looked at a timeline of the universe, okay, and then and then looked at the teeny tiny little bit of time on that timeline that human beings existed, and then you microscope in. You just microscope microscope, microscope, microscope, microscope in to the time period where cell phones in the Internet were invented, like the times of deliterately gens. You need see bit of time on the relative to the amount of time that human beings have existed. Okay. We are used to communicating in person with tribes of I'm Joe Rogan talking out of my whatever here. But we're used to communicating with like little small groups of people, and now we're expected to be available to and communicate with every single human being that we've ever come into contact with in our entire lives. It's unsustainable, it is unrealistic. It is okay if you do not text back everyone all the time, Like, what the fuck is this like thing where we have to be in constant communication with every single person ever all the time. We are not biologically caught up to that point. I shouldn't be saying anything about biology. I have no ideat I'm talking about. But I also I do believe everything I just said.
Speaker 4: All from Amelia.
Speaker 1: Hi, Amelia, you have sixty seconds.
Speaker 4: Hi.
Speaker 31: Oh my god, I cannot believe that I'm on the show. I just want to say that I've kind of been struggling with fitting in. I feel like I overextend myself and I come off annoying to the people that I want to be close with.
Speaker 1: Why do you want to be close with these people? Uh?
Speaker 31: Because I do prior either with them. I'm with them for up to six hours of the day depending on the season.
Speaker 18: Mmm.
Speaker 1: And why do you feel like you come off as annoying?
Speaker 15: I don't know.
Speaker 31: People never seem to approach me and I always have to approach them, and the only way I'm able to connect with them is through humor. But it kind of ends up backfiring because that's all people know me for.
Speaker 1: Do you feel a strong desire to be liked?
Speaker 31: Yes, incredibly, I feel dude.
Speaker 1: There's this weird thing where like, the stronger your desire is to be liked, like, it almost works, as you know, against you in a way.
Speaker 31: It's almost different.
Speaker 1: It's almost a deturment. But I feel like if you can learn to just accept, okay, hold on, I haveny thing up on you. I feel like, if you can learn to just like not care what other people think it just truly be yourself, they will actually respect you more, which is not the point, because paradoxically, if you don't care what other people think, that you don't even care that they respect you more. So you do it for yourself because it feels good to not care what other peo thing. And then that also just ends up making people want to be with you more, which again shouldn't be the point, but that's the paradox.
Speaker 14: Awesome, Sam, Sam, how you doing.
Speaker 9: Doing pretty good? I just wanted to just want to say one love. The stream two sixty seconds probably is going to be a bit of a scary.
Speaker 7: Thing at the beginning.
Speaker 9: I recently got a recently got a red adult red dragon miniature for D and D looking.
Speaker 6: Forward to painting that suit.
Speaker 1: Anything else.
Speaker 9: I am very upset as I recently got something in the mail that was very expensive. However, it came broken and it is an antique.
Speaker 34: It is a part of.
Speaker 9: History, and fuck the fuck the US Postal Service for breaking it.
Speaker 1: Ooh, what was the antique?
Speaker 15: It was?
Speaker 9: It was an antique cane Anglo Ascan sword cane. You can look it up and it had a unique handle that only a couple of them actually have.
Speaker 1: And why did you buy that? Tell me real quick, I bought.
Speaker 9: It because I bought it because I collect them. I'll call it back in and I will tell you more about the collection later.
Speaker 1: I liked that. That actually was pretty good. I actually feel like in just that guy, as they say, understood the assignments because I really do feel like I got a sense of who he was. You know what I liked about the call. I'm gonna say this, I got a sense of who that man was today. He collects swords, He's angry, and he's passionate. You actually can learn a lot about somebody in a.
Speaker 4: Minute, paw from Richard.
Speaker 1: Hey, Richard, you have a minute.
Speaker 18: All right, man. So sometimes when I get really high and I think about what happened after death and stuff, I can feel like my consciousness away and I can feel everything just kind of stop mattering for a minute, and then I come back on you. I'm not sure, Like I want to hope that's what death feels like, But at the same time, I'm not sure.
Speaker 1: How do you feel about death? Are you afraid of it? Or do you embrace it?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 18: Absolutely terrified, Lyle.
Speaker 1: What are you terrified of about death? Exactly?
Speaker 18: Trying to wrap my head around the zero conscious thing, like not even thinking, not even being.
Speaker 1: But if you're zero conscious, you don't even be conscious about the fact that you're not conscious. So there's something you're worried about.
Speaker 18: There's a good point there.
Speaker 4: Call from Lucas.
Speaker 1: Hey, Lucas, you have a minute?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 17: Hey, uh?
Speaker 10: Should I quit my job?
Speaker 1: What's your job?
Speaker 10: I dig graves?
Speaker 1: Do you like digging graves?
Speaker 6: I like digging graves, but the company treats me very poorly.
Speaker 1: So why do they treat you poorly? And what?
Speaker 6: They don't pay me enough and they overwooke work meat me very poorly.
Speaker 1: So how much do you think you should be getting paid to dig graves?
Speaker 6: At least twenty dollars an hour?
Speaker 1: Is there a place you can find that will pay that?
Speaker 6: H maybe, I don't know.
Speaker 11: It's a good question.
Speaker 1: How much would you pay somebody to dig your own grave if you died?
Speaker 17: Thirty dollars an hour?
Speaker 1: Okay, so you should try to find someone who will pay you thirty thousan an hour?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, for sure an hour.
Speaker 1: Can you meet your stream?
Speaker 18: Huh?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 10: There we go.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you.
Speaker 4: All from Lexi.
Speaker 1: Hey, LEXI have a minute.
Speaker 15: Hi Deck.
Speaker 37: I absolutely hate.
Speaker 4: Waking up in the morning.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, me too.
Speaker 37: I get crippling anxiety for like the fact that it is a new day and that I have things to do, responsibilities and just you know, I I rack my brain and I get scared that I'm not going to complete everything, and I run in circles all the time.
Speaker 1: M what are you afraid that You're not gonna be able to complete everything?
Speaker 37: I feel like I won't do a good enough job throughout my day as a person.
Speaker 4: That I will look at something.
Speaker 1: When you look at your to do list, are there lots of items or is there one?
Speaker 12: See?
Speaker 1: Is there one key important item?
Speaker 37: My daughter is my all day very important item. But just life around that, so finance is taking care of my house, animals, work at school, all ugh.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I feel like what has worked for me in the past, I gotta hang up with it. I feel like what has worked for me in the past is to, like I said, focus on just one important thing. But also, as I'm talking, as I'm on this subject, I want everyone to know that I am so far from the last so far away from uh the kind of person that should be giving advice on time management because I am not good at that.
Speaker 4: Paul from Hi.
Speaker 1: You have a Minute?
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm sweet great.
Speaker 24: Turns like Okay, So I.
Speaker 19: Kind of haven't PATA syndrome, I think, but it's not really diagnosed because uh.
Speaker 39: Yeah, I basically I'm able to play like.
Speaker 27: The Deformation, and I'm like not even good at them.
Speaker 25: Or.
Speaker 24: Even though I've been like like region bands and like readier performance and like I made areas like a month ago, and I still like, I don't think I'm good.
Speaker 4: Of m hmm.
Speaker 1: Well, here's the thing, whether whether or not you are good. See, if you're not good, then that means that you've tricked people into thinking that you're good, which in and of itself is a skill. It's an undeniable skill. And if you are good, then you have the skill of being good. So no matter what, you undeniably have a skill.
Speaker 30: Grow Okay, universe off fuck Paul.
Speaker 4: From Ricky.
Speaker 1: Hey, Ricky, you have a Minute.
Speaker 11: I was wondering what face paint Brandy use.
Speaker 1: It's called maren Paradise.
Speaker 11: And how big is your stock all of this face paint?
Speaker 1: I don't have a lot on me right now. But I just bought two more palettes.
Speaker 11: Interesting. That's how I wanted to thank you.
Speaker 4: All from going tick off.
Speaker 1: Hey, you have a minute?
Speaker 11: Hey?
Speaker 35: Is this Lyle?
Speaker 21: Yes?
Speaker 1: Ma'am?
Speaker 19: Oh my god?
Speaker 11: Hi?
Speaker 34: Hi?
Speaker 1: How are you have a minute? I'm good?
Speaker 20: How are you?
Speaker 1: I'm good? You have forty seconds?
Speaker 24: I have forty seconds.
Speaker 19: Okay, So what are you doing right now?
Speaker 24: I'm sorry?
Speaker 1: Oh, you don't have spots it at all. I am live streaming myself taking one minute phone calls. I'm having a good time. I'm learning actually a ton from I'm learning a ton from doing these women at phone calls. It's so funny because people call in on the regular stream and I mean, I'm do you have anything else to say? Because I could sell this when you're off the phone.
Speaker 19: I mean, I'm just happy I got on because I'm finally proving my boyfriend wrong. He said I was never gonna get on the show, But here I am. I'm proud of myself for being persistent so stuck at Jake.
Speaker 39: I got on the show.
Speaker 1: What's your name?
Speaker 39: My name is Olivia.
Speaker 1: Olivia. I'm proud of you too, get bless you?
Speaker 4: How from style?
Speaker 1: Hey, Scott. Hello, hey Scott you, Oh.
Speaker 38: Thank you previously talked about potatoes. I don't want to talk about potatoes.
Speaker 25: Thank you for a.
Speaker 12: Dressing the topic we think we talked before.
Speaker 38: Yeah, is that against the rules?
Speaker 1: Yes, cop, Hi, you have a minute, Teather.
Speaker 13: I wanted to get your thoughts on success. And I was talking to this about my talking about this with my buddy the other day and he said, success is making your dreams become a reality. And you see to be someone that I would consider successful, and I want to get your thoughts and opinions on what you think successes and how you think you can reach it.
Speaker 1: Oh crap. I think success is probably in order to achieve success, you have to define it first, and your definition could be elastic. So you might define success as one thing at what point in your life, and then achieve that and then realize that actually want something else, and then redefine your definition and then go after that, and you can kind of keep doing that infantly until you die.
Speaker 13: Okay, Yeah, I didn't think he was right with his definition neither, but thank you, thank you.
Speaker 4: All from beat.
Speaker 1: Hey there you have a minute.
Speaker 29: Oh shit, right freaking wild.
Speaker 39: I'm so stoked to be here, dude.
Speaker 1: Okay, forty second question for.
Speaker 39: You, yep, Okay, My question is does it make you feel better to think that we could just be a little particle and an alien's pubicle pubic hair.
Speaker 1: Yes, that is it, you know, scale, here's the thing at a relative scale. To me, everything I experience is how I experience it, so you know, uh, I mean listen, at certain scales, I am that small, and at certain scales I'm genormous, So you know, things are infinitely relative, if that makes sense, So it doesn't really affect me either way. Okay, did that make sense? I think that made sense. That made perfect sense to me. You know, listen on some relative scales, I am giant. On some relative scales, I'm tiny, but I only experienced life to my own scale. Yeah, that made perfect sense. Yeah, I'm a genius. Elijah, Hey, Eliji, you have a minute.
Speaker 10: Hey, how's it going. I've recently started a Twitter, like one of those like I guess OnlyFans twitters, and I have an only sense as well. My stepmother has like she's like a co signer on my bank account, and she recently saw that I got four hundred and seventy nine dollars in my bank account out of income, but I'm unemployed other than the only fans account, so I'm kind of curious on how I'm supposed to, like, I guess start that conversation because at this point it's just getting awkward because now I just have unexplained income and I think she might start thinking that.
Speaker 1: I'm like, okay, I have multiple questions. Why is your stepmother a co signer on your bank account?
Speaker 10: So because I got my bank account when I was seventeen and I'm eighteen now, so it's just like, I mean, I could take her off, but it's just like she can see my income and sometimes she'll go in and be like why did you, like, why did you spend that much money? And I'm like, eh, so now it's just like I'm getting income from OnlyFans and she thinks.
Speaker 1: That, Okay. I feel like you you got to okay, now that you're eighteen, you got to get your step mother off of your bank account. And also now that you're eighteen, I mean, listen, you do you I'm I gonn tell you to do, but I guess this whole thing is be telling people to do. I feel like, you know you will probably be happier the more open and honest you are with your step mom. You know what I'm saying, So like, look, you know you should have your own bank account and you don't really owe your stepmother any information about your finances now that you're eighteen.
Speaker 14: That's my take all from Alex.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Alex, how you're doing you have a minute?
Speaker 10: Oh my god?
Speaker 26: Okay, So I have an issue with people who think that water is wet.
Speaker 10: I hear that.
Speaker 26: I hear that often it's water's not wet. Water has to be on things to be wet.
Speaker 1: Okay, this emotion that you feel towards these people that believe that water is wet, how are you going to use it to benefit yourself or other people?
Speaker 26: Trying to educate people? Because I think it's it's a lack of education.
Speaker 1: What are you gonna do to educate people, correct them? How do you feel as though educating people will be will be beneficials of them?
Speaker 26: Because it's a common misconception. Everybody says that water's wet and it's not water has to be like, we don't define things as wet unless waters on it or like some liquid.
Speaker 1: Do you feel as though you've accomplished anything by sharing this with us. I do good.
Speaker 10: Thank you?
Speaker 1: Thank you?
Speaker 4: Who call from Hi? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Hello, Hey have a minute?
Speaker 16: Is this the green person?
Speaker 10: Yep?
Speaker 16: So like, can I guess some advice or like, what's up?
Speaker 20: What do you?
Speaker 1: What do you want to be up?
Speaker 16: So like, I'm just tired of all these streamers. My heart's beating really fast, and.
Speaker 1: Tell me, tell me about the streamers. Why why? Why are you tired of the streamers because.
Speaker 16: You guys banned me all the time when I message?
Speaker 1: What did you put in the message that you got banned of?
Speaker 16: H I mean I talked ship but not.
Speaker 1: Okay, tell me what you said that you got banned for.
Speaker 16: Well, I get back from everyone's chat, so I can't really remember.
Speaker 1: Okay, you should take a look at what you've been writing in people's chats and maybe reevaluate as to why they would ban you.
Speaker 11: So that's it.
Speaker 1: Yep. See I would have gone more. I would have gone more in depth with that guy if I if I I want everyone to know, if I had more than a minute, I would have gone into it with that guy. I was. I was curious about him because look, I don't believe the trolls just troll. Okay, I really don't. All right, listen, I don't. I don't believe in that. I fully believe there is a reason, an underlying reason. Maybe he has a desire for attention because he didn't get enough as a child, something like that, some underlying reason that we could have explored with that young man as to why he types bad things in people's chats. And I would have been interested in exploring that reason, but we'll save that for the actual show. This is one minute phone calls. Baby goes on the line taking your phone calls every nighte ever goes to who's teaching you aloud in lying he's not really an expert.