Speaker 1: This call is being routed by Google. The cost of this call is ten since per minute.
Speaker 2: Hello, Hello, Hi, what's your name?
Speaker 3: Dan?
Speaker 2: Dan? Dan? Where are you calling me from? I said, this is a crazy number.
Speaker 3: Oh damn, calling from an undisclosed location in Asia.
Speaker 2: You're in Asia right now?
Speaker 3: Yes? Uh?
Speaker 2: Well you sound European.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I kind of have family from there.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, all right, so you are a European in an undisclosed part of Asia. Well, we got all right, now that that's out of the way. What's up, Dan? How can I get you today? What do you want to talk about?
Speaker 3: Well, there was a time, oh my God declared the prophet wildly incarcerated.
Speaker 2: You got declared a profit while incarcerated? Yes, okay, the floor is yours, Dan?
Speaker 3: Well, how do I say this? It's I don't know how much of a store I could tell about it, but basically I was, I went homeless, I got detained because of a because of like lack of papers, and someone I ended up almost got deported, but then they got sent to But then while well then while I was like in jail and some of that, I uh, I saw talking about the occult and I would do divinations for the other inmates.
Speaker 2: You you started a cult while in while in a.
Speaker 3: Jail, talk about the occult?
Speaker 2: You talked about the occult? What's the occult?
Speaker 3: Like I would talk about ghosts, religion, spirituality, mysticism, poltics, philosophy.
Speaker 2: Were you doing that? Were you doing that? Were you stirring up occult stuff just to fuck around or because you were trying to do.
Speaker 3: Something because of the red was border tech? Yeah? But well not fucking well, I'm genuinely interested in these topics, which is why I was talking about them. Bolun jail.
Speaker 2: What can I ask you why you were in jail?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, basically, like I went homeless, and I did not and I did not get any like I I basically got almost got deported, and I got a dispute with someone.
Speaker 2: You got in a dispute with someone, Yeah, do you? You don't have to tell me if you don't want to. It's your it's your business, it's your life.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I'm not gonna say that. But but but but because of that and because of the lack of paper.
Speaker 2: Okay, how long were you incarcerated for?
Speaker 3: Two weeks?
Speaker 2: Two weeks? Okay? And so you're incarcerated in a. It was this in Asia, Europe, Asia, all right, So you're incarcerated in an undisclosed place in Asia, not North Korea because that would have been longer than two weeks. So we narrowed it down and you start. You're in jail and you're like, you know, what would be fun right now is to start riling up the inmates by talking about aliens and shit. So you're giving speeches, you're standing on a soapbox, you're talking about the occult, and then what happens.
Speaker 3: Well, long story short, this which kid did this well to be the given idea that meets There was this gangster, there was this which kid that, there was this army dude on drug charges, there was this what else. I can't remember all of them. There's this thief and there was I can't remember all of them, but basically two of them declared me a profit after I did some divinations for them where I willed dice to whattell the futures and what else. So it's been a while, so you roll.
Speaker 2: The dice and you predicted what the dice would land on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, basically, one of the inmates got out quickly, so that kind of added fuel to the fire of my reputation to speak and and then I and then I'm not in trouble remembering what else happened. There's something else.
Speaker 2: You believe that you are a profit.
Speaker 3: Honestly know, I'm a magician.
Speaker 2: I guess you're a magician. Okay, that's better, honestly better than being a prophet. I feel like, uh yeah, I feel like magicians make more money than profits, like every money.
Speaker 3: For me, it's just about the adventures.
Speaker 2: I know, it's not about the money. I know you're in. I know nobody gets in the magic for the money. I'm just saying there's more magicians doing residencies in Las Vegas than there are profits.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Well okay, so this is a low long How long ago is this?
Speaker 3: Oh? This was how doing? Like this was four three, two years back?
Speaker 2: And are you still homeless?
Speaker 3: Oh no, I've been homeless two or three time since then. But I'm curing, not almost.
Speaker 2: Okay, good good man. What do you how's life?
Speaker 3: Life's been pretty good. I'm just figuring out what to do, like where to take my direction in my life. I have my goals. It's just a matter of finding out how to get there.
Speaker 2: Tell me what the goals are.
Speaker 3: Well, basically, I want to spread my values. I want to help those who help me. I want to hurt those hurt me. And I want to find a place in my own you know, find a place where I have they call home, you know.
Speaker 2: Okay, some of those sounded a little property, which is good. I think it's I mean, I guess it's good. Is undisclosed location in Asia not your home?
Speaker 3: It is my home, but doesn't feel like my home woes? That makes sense?
Speaker 2: That does make sense, That does make sense. What do you do for work now?
Speaker 3: Right now? They just do all jobs?
Speaker 2: Do you have friends and family in this undisclosed place in Asia?
Speaker 3: Yep?
Speaker 2: Okay? And are they people you met when you moved there? Are they folks who also came from whatever European country you came from a little bit.
Speaker 3: Of column, made a little bit of column?
Speaker 2: Be cool, cool, cool cool? So all right, you want to help those who helped you, hurt those who hurt you, and spread your message at home? Okay? What what ideas have you came up with for how you you want to do this? What? What vehicles will these desires you know? Take?
Speaker 3: Well? I tried talking to people one on one on the street and I managed to convert five people that way, and like a couple a couple of times, I tried to organize a whole house tour and tried to organize UFO siting group that hasn't worked out. And I and the last time I tried to chest in the in the wilderness, like we organized camping trip to wilderness and I tried to do atual and that didn't end up.
Speaker 2: Well, have you tried doing like Airbnb experience or group on or something where it's like, you know, get converted to an occult? I feel like that's an experienced people would sign up for on those websites.
Speaker 3: Good point. I have to find the equivalent of one in my area. Thank you.
Speaker 2: You said you were converted. What are you converting people to to?
Speaker 3: My values?
Speaker 2: What are your values?
Speaker 3: My values are basically freedom and well that's basically it's just freedom. I want. I want people to be to have the strength and then to go after what they truly want in life. Okay, Like as like so many people like we we we get to before we we don't really answer what do we truly want life? Whether that be good or bad? Mutual, crazy, mundane and whatever it is, you can do it, all of you, including you, as you've already know what.
Speaker 2: I like that message. I'm curious what it has to do with haunted houses.
Speaker 3: Or basically it's like it's basically I basically converted into a spiritual freedom sot of way. But to show them that the spiritual freedom has to cause paranormal phenomena as best as I can does that makes sense with the imagine spiritual libertarism, the spiritu anarchy.
Speaker 2: Okay, it doesn't make sense, but I want to understand. You need to show people a haunted house to get them to believe in freedom.
Speaker 3: I need to show people, for not honked phenomenal planmal phenomenon, the hot house to get them to believe in freedom.
Speaker 2: Basically, why.
Speaker 3: So that so that they so that to show them like how reality is much more valuable than you think, and to get them to accept the message, accept the value, and to spread the value of their own and to go after what they want, whatever it is.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna throw this out there, and I don't want to. You're doing your own thing here, you spread your own message. I don't want to, you know, infect your message with my message. You know, I don't want to, you know, step on your toes, but can I can? I can? I for a thought, And it's okay if you think it's a dick thought, but I just want to offer a.
Speaker 3: Thought you also thought. That's okay, okay.
Speaker 2: I can people not believe in freedom? Uh within like just regular ass reality? Like why do you? I guess I still't understand why people need to see paranormal ship to believe that they can do stuff with their lives.
Speaker 3: They can believe freedom, regular ass reality. The reason, the reason, the reason, I'm doing that because I've made freedom. Why not keep my religion?
Speaker 2: Okay? So freedom is your religion and so all right, so you're doing the profit thing just by showing people the prophet. You're the haunted House prophet.
Speaker 3: I guess, calling Farfard magician or whatever, and I'm just doing whatever.
Speaker 2: You guess how many people are following you?
Speaker 3: Only five up into only five in real life up until that's pretty good.
Speaker 2: That's pretty good. You have five like you, like you would say with all sincerity that you have five disciples.
Speaker 3: Yes, like it's and it's pretty I know it's slow numbers, but it's actually pretty hot warming that they did that, Like it's like if you know the area was in which I'm not getting disclosed it even getting serious trouble for.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, I don't know. Wall you can get on. You can get in trouble for having disciples, for.
Speaker 3: Having having alternative spirituality, alternative religions, you in China, something like that. I guess you could say.
Speaker 2: Okay, uh, well, so these people there are these disciples that you have, what do how how are they disciples?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: What do they do? They give you money? Do they like wear a T shirt with your face on it? How do they disciple you? How do they how do you tell that they are your disciples? What do they have to do? Do they have to give you their blood? What's going on? How do they what? What's Yeah? What's the benchmark for converted?
Speaker 3: The bench one? Because a little bit to accept the text I give them to practice as production to to basically like as is to cause to cause chaos and all their lives stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Do they have to have sex with you?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: All right, let's just check it interesting. Okay, So do you like meet up with these five disciples ever? Like, do you have like regular meetings?
Speaker 3: Yeah? We do. We do. It's not that regulous something happened, but but we do have meetings. We do have to talk to each other.
Speaker 2: That sounds nice. Actually, I like that. That's like that's real community right there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I know, right, because I think like with freedom, like sometimes you know how like sometimes you can get pretty lonely. But if you have a group of people talking to each other and like coaching each other to be free to go after what they truly want.
Speaker 2: It can help you, right, brother, eight fucking men, dude, Freedom's freedoms of double edged sword. Because you're right, it is. It is kind of lonely, but it's good to have, you know, it's good to be free with others, you know.
Speaker 3: Exactly exactly. And to answer your question, if there's any men, like, there's two women and two men, and do you include me?
Speaker 2: I didn't ask that. Oh I sorry, you're not looking at the chat, are you?
Speaker 3: I am looking at the chat?
Speaker 2: Okay? Can you not look at the chat while we talk?
Speaker 3: Oh right, I'm sorry, it's okay.
Speaker 2: That's one of the rules of my religion. It's on the ten gekmandments. So you didn't think that was funny and that's fine, it's fun. No, no, sorry, you don't have to lie to me. You don't have to lie to me anyway. Whatever. So what, uh do you guys have a Facebook page? How does how do we join?
Speaker 3: Oh? There's there's a there's a there's two files on pilots babe uploaded.
Speaker 2: Say that again.
Speaker 3: There's two files with pilot babea dot org that we uploaded.
Speaker 2: Okay, So this motherfucker is not on Facebook or Instagram. You're on the pirate Bay, yes, okay, and so on pirate bay. There are two files that we could do. You want to tell us how to get you?
Speaker 3: Can?
Speaker 2: I don't? I mean, I don't want to get you in trouble. They're you know, have people crawling up your ass. But I mean, do you do you want? How do we get them?
Speaker 3: Okay? So the name of the files. The first file is liber narcles. The second file is chronicles Anarchy. You can find them on pirate pay or script that or any toilerant library site. Say this again, primarily pirate p It's a pdf files text.
Speaker 2: Okay, what's the first one called?
Speaker 3: So good?
Speaker 2: What's what's the first one.
Speaker 3: Called liber nacles?
Speaker 2: Lebo knock? How do you even spell? How do you spell that?
Speaker 3: L I B E R A n A r K h O S.
Speaker 2: Okay, what's the other one?
Speaker 3: The second one in the Chronicles of Anarchy?
Speaker 2: Okay, just disclaimer, Uh, Therapy Gecko LLC and partners are not responsible for any computer viruses uh infecting the computers of anyone who decided to download these files. But if you, if you're listening to this and you decide you download these files, let me know what they say, because I'm curious. And while you're there, I mean you can have you can also, dude, you can torrent any fucking movie too. That's kind of cool. You can have you know, an anarchist manifesto on one page and uh breaking bad on the other window and have a good night, you know.
Speaker 3: Damn good night. Trust me, you'll love the files.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm definitely the way hold on the way you did an evil laugh after saying you'll love the files makes me think that whoever downloads these is going to get a computer virus. That was a computer virus, the evil laugh you just did.
Speaker 3: I would be careful, but the files themselves are not viruses. I would be careful when you're on the site.
Speaker 2: What do you mean what are you careful? Careful like on pirate Bay or careful reading the documents? Like are you gonna Okay? Someone I someone will do this. Somebody will go in search of the files and like send me a message and be like, this is what it is. Somebody do that. If you're listening, if you're listening to this and you just have no life and nothing else to do, go download this guy's files on a computer that has no sensitive information on it, and uh, let me know what they say.
Speaker 3: The best part is, I wasn't even the one who wrote the files wrote the files. I have no idea. I have no idea. I just I just made them my religion after I read them.
Speaker 2: Okay, so wait, so you're a you're oh so you're you're not even a profit. You're a disciple and you have like you have like this, it's a whole pyramid scheme. You have a disciples underneath you, but you yourself are a disciple.
Speaker 3: Yes, if you want to find out who wrote them, you're gonna have to look it up. Look it up.
Speaker 2: Well, I hope this. I hope this works out for you. Man, I really do, thank.
Speaker 3: You and man don't worry about it whether or not walks out. It's not the point. And the point as if I tried and do. Kudos to you as well, you know, because you you, you had you, you obviously had to put a lot on the line to get to this point. And I salute you for your courage and like get wearing the get Go suit and for doing all this for everyone.
Speaker 2: Thank you, thanks man, which is very sweet you say. I appreciate it. You welcome you know what you're You're a charming guy, and I understand why people join your cult.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Thank you. But I hope I also help them to be free and like in general in their lives. So I'll hope that. So that's the main thing.
Speaker 2: I'll laugh, you know, Dan, is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go.
Speaker 3: Yes. During my time in prison, I accidentally caused two or three riots and they try to kill me because they thought I was an evil spirit. That's all I want to say.
Speaker 2: Later, Dan, shout out to whatever brave soul risks that the computer virus to download those files. I'm curious what's on them. Wouldn't it be funny if it was just like Harry Potter or some shit. Now I got to know, I might just download them. I'm not going to download them. There's no way I'm going to download him. Well, that was fun, that was interesting. I don't know what I'm also I am curious what undisclosed location he lives in. Own It could have been China, I guess. I don't know. Uh, maybe I don't know. Wouldn't it be I would be very curious, Like if somebody eventually reaches out to me and is like, hey, man, I listened to that episode of your podcast where you talk to the guy who was trying to convert people. I downloaded the books off the pirate Bay. Everything made perfect sense to me. And now I also live in an undisclosed Asian location. I'm hanging out with this guy and uh, we're gonna go kill a bunch of people. No, we're gonna We're having a good time. And uh yeah, that'd be cool. Maybe this changes someone's life. I guess I don't know. Anyway, thanks for calling Dan. Hey, folks, this is Lyle. I am very excited to announce that I am going back on tour in twenty twenty four to do therapy Gecko live all across the country. If you've never been to one of my live shows before, they are extremely fun, unpredictable, wild evenings that involve a mix of Grip Group Gecko Therapy sessions as well as some material and presentations from myself. And if you've been to the show before, I have new presentations and will of course be interviewing new people. If you're a fan of the podcast, you're gonna have a great time at the live show, So I hope to see you guys there. Go to Therapy geckotour dot com or check the link in the episode description for a full list of cities where tickets are available. Also, if you don't see your city on the list of cities, please still click the link and RSVP with your phone number so I can contact you when tickets go on sale for your city, because I'm going to announce a bunch more dates very soon. Gek Bluss, Hello, what's your name? Sir?
Speaker 4: Mark?
Speaker 2: Mark? What's up? Mark?
Speaker 4: Not much you know? In my text, I basically kind of stated I kind of just wanted to know if kind of the way I'm living is is okay inappropriate? Or should I more or less come clean and kind of stop, Wow, what.
Speaker 2: What is the way you're living? Tell me what that means?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 4: So, you know, honestly, in my mind, I think I got a great you know, I'm a stay at home dad, take care of my kids, stay at home. You know, I don't try to abuse it too much considering you know, like I love playing video games, you know, staying up late at night. In fact, most of them, I would say, I live a dual life. You know. It's like in the daytime, like I'm taking care of my kids poorly. Uh, you know, I'm you know, more or less lying to my wife every minute, you know, to avoid having a conversation about my habits. And you know, for instance, you know she has she knows I smoke marijuana, but I haven't been sober a day in over eight years since I've known her. I don't think she knows that, you know what I mean. There's a lot of compounding things that kind of have weighed on me over the past six years of our marriage that you know, it's like as I'm deteriorating from you know, doing drugs and cigarettes two packs a day, you know, like all the money that it costs of inflations like how do I you know, it's like should I be changing? But in my mind, I'm selfish because I know I'm living a dream a lot of you know, just based off of like the abilities. Like right now, I'm painting in my smoke room in my house that I own. You know, I don't know ow and shehields it, but it's not my name. I got married.
Speaker 2: Why do you say you're taking care of your kids poorly?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 4: Because I know that I could put in more effort, but I find myself, you know, putting the TV on, you know, like we could go out more often. I'm just kick ass back of your heart, but eh, I don't want to be outside right now, you know that kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: What's your name or whatever name you want to go by? Mark, Mark, Mark Mark before Yeah, you know Mark. I'm I'm down to talk with you about all this stuff, but I do feel as though I need to ask you if you've ever talked to a real therapist about this, and if you have what they've told you.
Speaker 4: Hmm, not necessarily, No, you know, I had an issue like come up, like a medical issue, and I try to do like it was like over what coronavirus. It's like twenty twenty speak twenty twenty, and I wanted to talk to somebody because it's going to sound tough, like suicidal ideation. Like the pain was a lot, you know, and like I thought, like given because I had insured finally, after you know, twenty years of working, I had finally decent insurance through marriage. But uh so I thought I don't might well give it a try rather than spiral. But it didn't really, you know, after the pain went away, I just said screw it, and I kind of stopped talking to her.
Speaker 2: Yeah. That then that kind of happens, Like you'll be in a really bad spot and so you'll be talking to your therapist and then things will get a little bit better and you'll be like, well, I don't ever need to do this ever again. M So, do you still feel that pain ever? Or are you in a better spot?
Speaker 4: I'm in a better spot.
Speaker 2: Okay, good, Well that's good to hear. That's uh, that's encouraging.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, honestly, like my life's been up especially, you know, like okay, go ahead, dingle mother, lie you know, like I you know, I had to work since I was sixteen. That kind of stuff. And but you know, but the way that you're funny, that's tough.
Speaker 2: But and and look, by the way, I'm just gonna say, like again, I'm happy to talk to you about this, but the way that and you should talk to a real therapist to get their perspective on it, because the way that you're talking about all this stuff, you seem very distressed.
Speaker 3: Mmm.
Speaker 2: Howso do you know? I mean, do you? I mean, I'm just telling you my observation. Do you do you not agree that you seem kind of stressed?
Speaker 4: I'm torn because inside I know how I feel, but I understand what's going on. Does that make sense? Like to what's inside? Like I don't really care, like I'm living on a dream.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: It's like, what's your understanding of when you when you said when you said, when you said, I understand what's going on? What's what's your understanding of what's going on?
Speaker 4: Well? For example, I smoked two packs a day. I know I shouldn't, but I love it, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: M hm?
Speaker 4: And you know there are varying degrees of that. So it's like I was saying earlier with my kids, like I know I could be a better parent. I had a shitty childhood to a degree, you know, like we all have more or less. But uh, I don't know. I feel like, you know, as I watch my life pass by, watch my kids grow up, you know, it's like I reflect on all those things where I could have done something or been a little bit better, or maybe not yelled so much or whatever. And like you said, maybe I should talk to somebody. I was hoping, you know, I could work it out through here, because so hold on on me so deep down inside, I don't really care, you know, Like I said, I'm living a dream. If you know, if I lose seven years from smoking, so what, you know, I'll have an internal battle going on.
Speaker 2: So so again, I mean, look like I said, I'm I'm down to talk to you. I am. I feel as though I I should be responsible and tell you I am dumb ass, fucking guy in a gecko costume. I am not an expert on the brain. I just just given you my disclaimer, just giving you my disclaimer, and I always recommend talking to a professional. Now that I've given you my disclaimer, let's just talk as two guys on the phone here. So this is this is like a thing, and I kind of get this of like, yeah, I know the various ways I like, no, logically, the various ways that my life could be better. You know, I could stop smoking pot. I could be a better dad in this way. I could be a better husband in this way. I could be a better person this way. Of course, I know I could do this. I could do this, I could do this. Of course I have the knowledge that I could. Of course that's the easy part. But yet you're in your head and you're like, well, what's the.
Speaker 4: Point why I live a certain way?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, And finding that motivation of why giving a shit about taking care of yourself and giving a shit about these things is a science that I I mean, people study it. That's why I do think you should go to see a person. But I mean, anecdotally me personally, it's a science that I've attempted to figure out as well, because it's it's hard. Man, when you've lost your like not will to live, but like your will to improve or whatever, you're like deep in a fog, you know, and let me just throw some shit out there. Anecdotally, I've found that so like when I'm in a fog and I'm thinking to myself, like why eat healthier, Why go to the gym? Why stop smoking pot? Why just work on my career? Why try to nurture my relationship? Like why do any of the who gives a shit? I found that if I say to myself, let me just take a step forward, let me do something, you kind of do it and you get a little hit of dopamine from that, and then you kind of can turn that into some momentum. Right, So, like if you go a day without smoking cigarettes and you're like, oh, that actually, I actually feel a sense of accomplishment from doing that, and then you kind of build momentum off of that. Or if you say to yourself, I'm gonna, you know, turn off the TV. I'm gonna no phones, no computer, no nothing. I'm gonna spend the rest of the day or night looking my children in the eye. You're like, oh, that actually felt good. I I know. But he's like, and this is I think, I fucking I swear to God, I've learned this over and over and over again, and you forget it every time. But when you are, when you're in the fog, you have no grasp or understanding of how it feels to be out of the fog. You really don't, even if you've been out of the fog before. The only way to actually remember what it feels like to be out of the fog is to leave the fog. But yet it's this weird contradiction because when you're in the fog, you have no desire to leave the fog because you're like, what's the point. But then when you leave it for like a second, when you do one little thing to step out of your fog, and you know, you go a day without the cigarettes, you take some time to be with your kids, you go for a walk, you put your phone away, you do the whatever, the thing that you were like, well, what's the point of doing this fucking thing? Then once you do it, you understand the point. You you're not gonna understand the point before you do it. That's why you're sitting there like what's the point. Once you do it, you remember the point. So you kind of have to like start building your momentum without the motivation, And then it's like that thing of like action, like motivation does not precede action, Action precedes motivation, you know what I'm talking about. Does any of this make sense.
Speaker 4: I understand this, Okay, it really does.
Speaker 2: You know, Like, by the way I'm talking to you, I'm no a six pack millionaire with a helicopter, all right, I'm doing my fair share of eating pizza for breakfast and whatnot too, So this is just how I think about it, right, No.
Speaker 4: It totally makes sense. And like you were saying about the fog, it's you know, I find myself in the fog and when I reach out, like, there's no problems, you know, except for the realization that I've created a whole system around me so that I don't get caught, so I don't get in a like a conversation that leads me to get out of the fog.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: Besides maybe this conversation and you know, me talking to myself as I'm standing in a you know, in a room.
Speaker 2: So I mean we we just we were just talking about like, you know, self improvement, motivationable ship that's one thing. Now you're talking about like like how open do you want to be with your wife? That's another thing. Mm hmm.
Speaker 4: Do you think I'm Do you think it's bad that I'm not telling her?
Speaker 2: Well, clearly is it?
Speaker 4: I mean, it's part of what feels it.
Speaker 2: But well, it's it's clearly bad, just in just in the sense that we can both see that it's bothering you, right.
Speaker 4: You know, but maybe that's in my mind the consequence of doing something that she wouldn't like if she found out.
Speaker 2: You know, how do you think she would react if she found out that you were you haven't been sober a day in eight years?
Speaker 4: Probably take away access to my money, which is her money. You know, like I'm truly stay at home, like I'm dependent, you know, I guess I could go find a job. But yeah, so it's like I like, so there's a little bit more on top of it, because like there are consequences that trickle down that make me even more fearful step out of the thought again.
Speaker 2: But do you feel but do you feel like in all right, so you guys have a situation. You guys have like a traditional situation where like she goes and makes all the money and then you take care of the kids. Right, But do you have no sense of like pride or motivation? Interns, Like, do you have a little thing under your ass that goes like, okay, you know I've formed this how long you've been with your wife.
Speaker 3: Seven years.
Speaker 2: Seven years. It's like it's like, and here's the thing, especially especially about having kids, because you kind of and I don't have kids. I'm I am single and I have no kids. But here's my rant is like when if you're if you have no kids and you know you kind of you can go do whatever you want with your life, like fucking go crazy, smoke weed for a billion years, do whatever, lived that life. But do you have you entered this partnership to start a family and your wife is holding up her part of the deal, and do you have any like fire under your ass of being just of like I gotta hold up my end of this deal. Well, and I'm not and I'm not saying that to you. I'm not saying that to you. I'm not saying that to you for you to I don't. I don't want you to sit here and like beat yourself up and go into a spiral. Okay, it's supposed to be motivating, you know, like, let me hold let me fucking hold up my end of the deal. You know that my wife's out doing whatever she does, she's working hard, she's holding up her end of the deal. Let me hold up my end of the deal.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't, honestly, you know, Like and it kind of goes back to like me saying earlier, like there's the like the real me and then the mask, you know, like I know when I'm wearing the mask, I should you know, care about these things.
Speaker 2: There's no such thing as real youth. There's no there. You're not living. You're not living a double life. You are living your life. There's no double life. There's the hormone there is. You are everything. You're all the bad things of your life, and you were all the good things. And they don't negate each other. They some of the some of them interact, some of them don't. It is just your messy life. But there's no two lives. This is just you as a human being, in all your good and all your bad.
Speaker 4: So I guess when when it comes to like am I able to hold up my share? I'm you know, I'm leechy unfortunately, you know, Like I'm not saying, I don't give in, Like you know, one of my quartents is the family, you know, like this is here. What do you think about this statement? I tell this to a lot of people. I'm done I won, you know, in terms of my mindset, I've already bred. You know, it's like maybe I can get your kids to breeding age and hopefully get that. But like, I'm fine if I die right now. You know, that's fine, dud.
Speaker 2: But you're not done.
Speaker 4: I know that, you know. But it's hard because it's a part of me that feels that, you know, I gotta get rid of that part of me. I guess.
Speaker 2: Why don't you just I seriously, what's your name again?
Speaker 4: Mark?
Speaker 2: Mark? First of all, I seriously think you should go talk to a therapist who would have better idea because I'm a guy in a gecko class. You should go talk to heath therapists. But I seriously think, dude, like the fact that you're like I'm done, I mean.
Speaker 4: You, I mean I don't want to be like done like now, like you know, but like you can't an asteroid hits me. I'm okay with that as long as my kids survive, you know, Like yeah, see, like I can't tell my wife that, you know, I can't. I can't. I can't have that conversation with her, you know, Like, you know, if I get older, then my kids can really understand me. Like when they're you know, beyond like the four or five six age and they're more like eight, nine, ten, eleven. Like you know, it's like you're right, I guess I do need to, you know, find like a life coach or something. But like I've been living like this for well over a decade, you know, just in my mind, living a life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you talk to me about but you you called me, you're talking about this, You're bothered by it. You give a shit. You can pretend like you don't, but you're talking. You're give We wouldn't be talking right now.
Speaker 4: That's very fair.
Speaker 2: So like, dude, I just and again I the reason I don't. I don't like I don't try trying to say yell at people or whatever because I don't. There's no it's not productive. There's no reason for you to go into a like a self hatred spiral. That's not productive for you or your family or anyone. But it's like, look, man, like when you wake up tomorrow and you talk to your kids, like like put your phone away to try just try, just give you, just give yourself a day. Just give yourself a day where you're like I'm going today, I am going to hold up my end of the deal. And like, you know, if if you really do feel like I've made it, try your best to be grateful for whatever is making you feel that way. If it's your wife, who's you know, going out and working and doing these things out of gratitude for your wife, you say to yourself, I'm toady, I'm gonna hold up my end of the deal, and try to be a good dad even if you even if you fail, even if whatever whatever is going on in your in your addiction brain, just you can't. You just can't do it. Just if you just try, you might even feel good just trying.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: That's that's really what I got for you. I think I don't know if any of this was helpful, but I hope, I seriously, I hope you wake up tomorrow morning and you're like, okay, today, let me just try to hold up my end of the deal today.
Speaker 4: Fair enough, Thanks for talking.
Speaker 2: Is there anything else you want to say that the people of the computer before we go.
Speaker 4: Take care of the AI that we're all gonna raize very soon. Have a great day.
Speaker 2: Later on, Doug. Soon, sooner or later, our children won't need parents because we can just you'll be You'll literally it is actually kind of crazy. You'll probably be able to just like buy a nannybot like from the fucking Jetsons and and the nanny bot will uh just raise your kid for you and the crazy dude, the crazy thing. Let me talk about AI for a second, just because he brought it up. Here's the thing AI. It is like, uh, it is sometimes in some situations, it's smarter than people like AI. I've AI is a better therapist and several therapists that I've been to in the past. Uh, it's like objective. It's a level like I'll talk to JET, I'll talk to chat GPT sometimes, and I've talked to chat GPT enough that I'm like, you know, what if I did die or had to, you know, go away for a while, I'd let chat GPT take care of my kids. Like it's kind of more dependent. It's like self driving cars, like you, I trust self driving cars more than like a stoned sixteen year old on the road, right, I think I actually would trust an AI and nanny anyway, what were we just talking about. Oh, yeah, that guy. I hope that does I bro I don't know. I don't know. I don't know how that guy's gonna gonna kinda fix all that. Is it crazy? I don't know if it's brain chemistry or what the hell it is. But I hope I hope he tries man, because that thing about the fog is real. I've experienced it. I actually feel because like I feel out of the fog right now because I'm caffeinated and I'm dressed and I'm talking to people. But dear Lord, I've I've hung out in the fog, and when when you're in it, it doesn't feel like anything else exists. So I as as as as a person who in this very moment and it changes moment to moment and be in the fog one hour and not in the next. But in this very moment, as I feel out of the fog, I will be conscious of what it feels like and try to take it with me next time I feel in the fog. Anyway, yeah, I would let Chatchy bet raise my son.
Speaker 3: All from is he?
Speaker 2: Hello?
Speaker 1: No freaking way?
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 1: Is this the real therapy? Gecko?
Speaker 2: This is Gecko? How is your life going?
Speaker 3: Is he?
Speaker 1: I have called like hundreds of times.
Speaker 2: And here we are on the uh on thee hundred and month just goes to show that persistence is uh yeah, what's up? Is he hows it gone? I don't know.
Speaker 1: I've always like thought about this moment. I was like, what will I say if he ever answers it? Now I don't know what to say.
Speaker 2: So I'm gonna give some context of where I'm at right now. It is I'm recording this at two o'clock in the morning because I'm so I'm going to Thailand in about uh like eight hours or something, and it's like twelve hours, like the time difference is like reversed, so I'm trying to pull an all nighter. And I was like, well, what's gonna how do I do that?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: I know what I'll do. I'll stream. But here's another thing is when I record these podcasts, you know, typically I aim to have my brain functioning at you know, as close to it. My brain never really functions at one hundred percent, but you know, the closer I can get to one hundred percent, the better I would say. But right now it's two o'clock in the morning, I'm gonna say I'm at a good uh oh my god, I'm gonna say I'm at a, I'm at A. I'm gonna say I'm at a sixty percent. Actually feel pretty good right now. I drank a Celsius shout out Celsius to drink of Celsius right before I started doing this. So if you ever wanted to know what it's like to drink two hundred milligrams of caffeine at one o'clock in the morning, I'll let you guys know. I mean this is I mean, you'll know by just listening to my voice. I guess that's where I'm at. You know, what's what's what's Where are you at? Is he?
Speaker 1: Then I'm in Minnesota.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, about one, it's.
Speaker 1: Going to go to bed. And then I was like, he's live. This is my chance?
Speaker 2: Am I I'm not on the speakerphone, am I?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Okay? Why what was I gonna say?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what are you doing up so late? Is he?
Speaker 1: Well, like you, I drink Celsius pretty late in the day because I was working and now I just can't sleep.
Speaker 2: How late in the day did you drink it?
Speaker 1: I would say about five o'clock.
Speaker 2: Five o'clock. Yeah, they get you. What made you want to drink a Celsius at five o'clock.
Speaker 1: Well, I work in HR, and today was a very long day of policy. You know, that's super fun stuff, and it just strains you.
Speaker 2: Why did have what's the worst HR situation you've encountered in your years of working HR?
Speaker 1: So, okay, funny story. I work with my mother in H in the same company and so i'm her like, I'm on the HR team of the same company that she works in, and she complained to me about a situation that was happening on her team and that I had to go to my boss and be like, so my mom told me because I also live at home with her, So I was like, my mom told me this at home. I hate to snitch, but like, they're breaking policy. So then I had to be a whole case open. Luckily I didn't have to investigate it myself. But that was pretty crazy.
Speaker 2: That's so, did your mom get you the job or did you get your mom the job? Or was it just kind of kiss smiths that you both wind it up at the same place.
Speaker 1: So she works in like a different part of the organization than me, and she made the introduction and I had to go through like the whole interview process. I think there was definitely a little bit of neptism, But I like to tell myself, you know that she was really blown away by me.
Speaker 2: Nap it up. That's what I say. Why not? Why not? If look, if your dad's the president, then I think you should get to be the president too. There was a guy who did that. There was a guy that like, George, what's this George W. Bush? He is it? George W. George HW who's the son?
Speaker 1: I don't know the presidents.
Speaker 2: He napped harder than anyone's ever napped before, because he had a genius thought. I have no idea what I'm talking about. By the way, it's two o'clock in the morning. He he was like, Yo, my dad was the president. Why do I Why don't I just fucking they'll be the president? And you know, people some people think, you know, that's a bad idea. That's like from uh when there were kings and stuff and the king would have a son and the son was automatically the next king, whether or not he was going to be a shitty king. But he was like, Yo, they did that once, why don't we Why don't we just do it again? I'll just be the president because my dad was the president. Again, I have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about. But you know, I say, nep, if you can nap, NEP. If your dad, uh you know rights, if your dad is George Lucas, fucking go go star in the next Star Wars, why not just do it? You know? I mean, uh, you know, my my dad, Well, my dad's a bankruptcy lawyer and my mom is uh is also a lawyer, and so you know, they got me this job being a fake therapist Gecko. No, they didn't they Uh, I mean I got I napped a little bit. I napped a little bit. I had a job working for my dad's law firm YouTube channel where I would edit videos for him. So my dad, I guess, he got me my first editing job at his law firm. So I nepped, go ahead and nep, why not?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So what what do you what do you want to do with your life? Dude?
Speaker 1: I don't know, man. I just turned twenty one and graduated college, and I just like am in that phase where there's some people having babies, some people getting married, and I just got to drink legally, So trying to figure it out.
Speaker 2: Who the hell's your twenty one you said, Yeah, who the hell's having babies at twenty one? That sounds awful.
Speaker 1: So many people, there's so many people. The people that you think shouldn't have babies are always the ones popping them out crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know, I think. Yeah, I mean, having a kid at twenty one is probably it's probably not a good idea. But what what the fuck do I know about how other people should live their lives? I really mean that, I really do. Are you saying that you want to have a child?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: God, no, not right now?
Speaker 3: God?
Speaker 2: No? Yeah, what do you What do you hope for the future.
Speaker 1: I hope to own a couple of goats and some cows.
Speaker 2: Are you serious?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I think that's what I'd be happy doing for the rest of my life.
Speaker 2: How much is a goat?
Speaker 1: I have no clue.
Speaker 2: Well, that's the thing is to you? I mean, okay, so you want one goat? And like, let's I mean, I want to if I could just do something with you right now that you know, I feel like I want I want you to get something out of this phone call. Why don't we you know this is how we make part of I think you got to make your goals defined an actual right, So I mean, let's get into it. You want how many what do you want? You want? One goat, two goats? How many goats?
Speaker 1: I would say two goats because I think they get lonely, So you have to have two?
Speaker 2: All right? Two goats? And how many cows?
Speaker 1: I would say one because they're kind of big. I don't know if I can really do two of them.
Speaker 2: Do cows not get lonely?
Speaker 1: They might, but they'll have me, So all right, So two.
Speaker 2: Goats, one cow? And then where are you gonna put these motherfuckers? Do you have a Do you have a house?
Speaker 1: Well? I live in the Midwest, and there's a lot of land over here, so I just figured to pick something up and like build a shed.
Speaker 2: All right, I'm going on Google right now. How much is a goat? All right? All right? The price of a goat can vary from seventy five dollars bro you can get bro. You can get a goat for four hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: I can buy so many goats, all right, so.
Speaker 2: Eight hundred all right? I'm I'm hey, hold on, is he? I'm I know you're joking. Around. But I'm being dead serious about this right now. I really am, because I because you're telling me this is your life dream. And I'm sitting here, I'm on the computer Google and how much goats are? And I want this to be a thing where you realize that you actually can achieve your dream by only saving you know, all right? Are you with me on this?
Speaker 1: I am with you on it?
Speaker 2: Okay? All right? So all right, so you need eight hundred bucks to get two goats? All right? How much is a cow? Cow is a little more expensive. Cow is nine hundred dollars. So you need to save seventeen hundred dollars to achieve your life's goal. That's crazy, that's crazy. You could do that. See you can see this is the thing. Everyone thinks that their goals are are out of reach. But you know what takes the time to you know, google, google them?
Speaker 1: So I just need to google more.
Speaker 2: Well is he you said your name was?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Oh? Wait, can you give me a name? I know you give everyone names because you forget them and then you remembered mine, and I'm kind of let down by that, So I would like you to give me a name of.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not going to give you a name. You I remembered your name. Dang.
Speaker 1: The one time.
Speaker 2: I feel like, uh, well, is there anything you wanted to actually talk about?
Speaker 1: No, I just I never thought you'd actually answer, so I never like prepared anything to talk about. So this is just like my goal.
Speaker 3: This is a goal.
Speaker 1: It's been completed now, so thank you.
Speaker 2: Well, all right, seventeen hundred bucks between you and your goal. All you got it? You can you can save that with your you know, uh hr nippie money. You can get there, definitely, all right? Send me send me a picture of the goat, or don't. I don't have enough spot. I don't have I don't have a lot of space on my phone anymore. I I've been saving uh uh too many Uh I've been I've been downloading a lot of games. So I don't have a space on my phone. So actually, don't send me a picture of the goat?
Speaker 3: Is he?
Speaker 2: Is there anything else?
Speaker 3: Who?
Speaker 2: I say to the people of the computer before we.
Speaker 1: Go, go buy more goats?
Speaker 2: Take care Doug by bye, Hello folks, it's Lyle here. That's the end of this episode. But get this, I'm releasing a bonus episode this week. That's right, an entire extra hour of the podcast that you can listen to. By becoming a Premium member of Therapy Gecko over at therapy Gecko dot supercast dot com. Supercast subscribers get access to bonus episodes, They get a completely ad free podcast feed of the regular show, they get record for my live shows, members only streams, and they help support my ability to continue doing this podcast. So here's a clip from this week's members only bonus episode. Well, what the hell's up? Man? What's going on?
Speaker 3: Well? Did you get my tags? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Fuck the text. Let's we're talking right now. We don't need to text, all.
Speaker 3: Right, man? Well, I work people who are blind, and you know it's all good.
Speaker 2: Wait, okay, I know I just said fuck the text. But in the text you said that you were blind. But now you're saying, oh, okay, you see, I thought you just worked with people who are I thought you were saying that you merely worked with people who were blind.
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 2: You are literally the blind leading the blind? Yes, that's funny.
Speaker 3: In a weird kind of fucked up type of way.
Speaker 2: If you want to hear this full conversation, you can sign up to become a Premium member at therapy Gecko dot supercast dot com, or find the link in the episode. Describe that's therapy Gecko dot supercast dot com. All right, I have nothing else to say. Never goes on the line, taking your phone calls. Every night, Therapy goes to his side. He's teaching you a cloud to the mo of your life.
Speaker 4: But he's not ready.
Speaker 2: An expert