Speaker 1: Lokatta Radio is a radiophonic novela.
Speaker 2: Which is just a very extra way of saying a podcast.
Speaker 3: I'm fiosa fem and.
Speaker 2: I am ma la Munjos.
Speaker 4: We're podcasting through another Trump election year. We've been podcasting through election years, a global pandemic, civic unrest, political controversies, the Me Too movement, the rise of TikTok, and we are still here.
Speaker 2: We're not done telling stories.
Speaker 1: We're still making podcasts. We're older, we're wiser, We're even podcasting through a new decade of our lives.
Speaker 4: Since twenty sixteen, we've been making Loka to Our Radio independently until we joined iHeartMedia's Michael Dura Network in twenty twenty two.
Speaker 1: From our Lips to your ears, fall in love with Locata Radio like you never have before.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Season nine, Love at First Listen.
Speaker 1: Ola la Loka Modes. Welcome to see nine of Loka Tora Radio.
Speaker 2: I'm Theosa and I am Mala.
Speaker 1: Loka Tora Radio is a podcast dedicated to archiving are present and shifting the culture forward. You're tuning into Capitolo two sixteen Lociento's d SC.
Speaker 4: Last time on Loca to a radio. We discussed the mimification of evil, using the example of Trump's racist and xenophobic remarks about the Haitian community in Springfield, Ohio, and the way that those remarks have been turned into jokes and memes all over the internet. This statement could be their very first introduction to the Haitian community and what it means to be a person from Haiti. And you know, I didn't meet anyone from Haiti until I went to college, until I was an undergraduate, and I was in Boston, Massachusetts, and so there was a much larger Caribbean community. Tune in, leave a comment, subscribe, and share with a friend.
Speaker 1: So in case you missed it, it's that time of year again where Latinos and Hispanic folks come out of hiding to celebrate Hispanic and Latino Heritage Month.
Speaker 4: And you know, over here at Look, I thought our radio, it's always Latino, Latina, Latine and my personal favorite LATINX Heritage Month, each and every day. But that doesn't mean that we don't have some things to say about these four extra special extra LATINX weeks that we have to celebrate between September and October. I've always wondered, why do we start in the middle of September and then end in the middle of October. Why do we straddle these two months, like why not one full month? What is the purpose? But there's actually a reason, and it's not just because Hispanic Heritage Month in this way is kind of like a Mestizo month.
Speaker 1: I was about to say, yah, yeah, it's like symbolic, it just makes sense, But there is an actual history about Hispanic Heritage Month and why these four weeks were specifically chosen. According to Hispanic Heritage Month dot GOV, each year, Americans observe National Hispanic Heritage Month from September fifteenth to October fifteenth by celebrating the histories, cultures, and contributions of American citizens whose ancestors came from Spain, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Central and South America.
Speaker 4: So something interesting is that this observation of Hispanic Heritage Month actually started a while back in nineteen sixty eight, and it was originally Hispanic Heritage Week under President Lyndon Johnson. Hispanic Heritage Week was actually expanded by President Ronald Reagan in nineteen eighty eight to cover a thirty day period starting on September fifteenth and ending on October fifteenth. It was enacted into law on August seventeenth, nineteen eighty eight, on the approval of Public Law one hundred through four or two. You can look that up if you're interested in that.
Speaker 1: The day of September fifteenth is also significant because it is the anniversary of independence for Latin American countries like Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua. In addition, Mexico and Chile celebrate their independence days on September sixteenth and September eighteenth, respectively.
Speaker 4: So why celebrate Hispanics in the United States?
Speaker 2: Why give us a month?
Speaker 4: The Why celebrate us as a people and as a population. So we're going to share some key facts about US Latinos for National Hispanic Heritage Month. And this coming from Pew research from a study in twenty twenty three. The US Hispanic population reached sixty three point six million in twenty twenty two, which is up from fifty point five million in twenty ten. This is a twenty six percent increase in the Hispanic population. And this increase in the Hispanic population was actually faster than the nation's eight percent growth, but slower than the thirty four percent increase in our Asian American population. In twenty twenty two, Hispanics made up nearly one in five people in the United States, meaning if you're in a group of five people, at least one of us is probably of Latin descent.
Speaker 1: Latinos or Hispanics, have also played a major role in US population growth over the past decade. The US population grew by twenty four point five million from twenty ten to twenty twenty two, and Hispanics accounted for fifty three percent of that increase.
Speaker 4: The number of Latinos who say that they are multiracial has also increased dramatically.
Speaker 2: We are a very.
Speaker 4: Multicultural, multi ethnic, multiracial people group, and more than twenty seven million Latinos identified with more than one race in twenty twenty two.
Speaker 1: These data points are so interesting because obviously the term Hispanic was created by the US Census, So I'm so curious, what is Hispanic and what is Latino? Are these stats also including folks from Spain because it is they are part of the Hispanic population If you.
Speaker 4: Will, yes, I imagine that the span population is probably pretty tiny compared to folks of Latin American origin. And again, according to Pew Research, roughly thirty seven point four million people of Mexican origin in the US represent almost sixty percent of the nation's Hispanic population, this at least as of twenty twenty two, and those of Puerto Rican origin are the next largest group at five point nine million, which does not include the three point two million Puerto Ricans who lived on the island of Puerto Rico in twenty twenty two. So my, okay, here we go. In addition, in twenty twenty two, Spaniards accounted for nearly one million US Latinos. So they do have, it seems, at least according to Pew Research, they have their own place in our census data and in the counting of Hispanics.
Speaker 1: Right, I mean, and that continues to be the conversation, what do we call ourselves? And we're not getting into that today because so many people have that conversation. And I think, self identify how you want to identify. I identify as Latina, which I know some folks don't like that either, but that is true to my identity. There was a while when I was in college, when I was identifying as Chicana because it made sense for me and my political understanding. But then the more time I spent in Peru and in South America, I just felt it didn't fit anymore, which is why as someone in the US, Latina fits. But I also like just saying we're my background, Well, my background is you know, I'm proving Mexican. And then if you want to give me an umbrella term, I'm proudly Latina.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, there's the hyper specific of who we are as individuals and who our parents are, and then there's like are in group, you know, membership. I identify as Mexican American or Chicana. I think that's just the most specific thing identity for me. I was very much raised by my parents to identify as a Chicana. My dad identifies as a Chicano, and I just feel like that's my culture and that's my people, and I'm an la Mexican American and this is.
Speaker 2: Just where we're from and what we do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you know, but I'm not a I'm not a Chicana that wears like you know those T shirts that.
Speaker 2: Say like not Islan.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's say like Uslan and Vivola Rasa and like not Hispanic, not Latino, not Mexican, Indigenous, you know like those.
Speaker 2: I'm not one of those. I just want you guys to know that.
Speaker 4: And so for today's episode, we're gonna talk about some of our top Hispanic Heritage moments of twenty twenty four. And these being in no real particular order, we just kind of thought about, like what was in the zeitgeist this year as far as Latino, Latina, latinx Latina Hispanic people. This is not an exhaustive list. If there were things this year that really stood out to you that you're celebrating this Hispanic Heritage Month or thinking about, let us know, leave us a comment, leave us a review, and tell us what we're missing from this list.
Speaker 1: Don't go anywhere, lookamotes.
Speaker 3: We'll be right.
Speaker 2: Back, and we're back with more of our episode.
Speaker 1: So it isn't a conversation about latinos latinas I think if we don't start with the iconic, the beloved and hated Jennifer Lopez.
Speaker 4: JLO has given us so much, so much to think about, so much to watch and listen to, and a lot to criticize and make fun of.
Speaker 2: So this year was no exception.
Speaker 4: And if you've been on the internet at all, and even if you haven't been on the internet, you've probably seen this meme that took off in a lot of different forms talking about a Jlo quote from an acceptance speech that she made in twenty eleven at the American Music Awards for her win in the Latin Music category. During her acceptance speech, Jlo thanked mihinte latino, which is an incorrect use of Spanish. It should be mihinte latina.
Speaker 5: Thank you so much, and all the producers on the album everybody, Uh, don't have to say mi henda latino.
Speaker 4: But I didn't realize that this clip and this moment was from twenty eleven because it was circulating this year, in twenty twenty four, in the past few months, and circulating in a big way, and people making tiktoks with the sound, a lot of tiktoks with the sound, people doing a lot of like theorizing and analyzing and making fun of It's really taken off. And I just feel like every single year since Jlo has been working, which has been decades now, she's been part of the conversation whether a good way or a bad way, And this was just one of many ways this year that Jlo was in the conversation in a major way. She also had movies out this year that she like self funded and self produced. Of course we had benefit back in business, and now they're not anymore. She's just been very busy and she like she does. She's given us a lot.
Speaker 1: She's given us a lot, and it's one of those things where like nobody asked for this. I feels like the consensus from the internet. But I for one, will continue to follow Jlo on her work because I just think she's someone for me.
Speaker 3: Like we can critique. There's like critiques and then.
Speaker 1: There's like criticizing, right, So I'm like, we can critique her, but I'm not going to criticize her, you know what I mean, Like, yeah, she's given us a lot, she continues to give and she's just an icon, you know, love her or hate her. I've been saying this for years. She's the Elizabeth Taylor. She's gonna get married again. She loves to get married, she loves love. She's a lover girl, true and true and true, Like she's a lover girl. And so you know, I love Jlo.
Speaker 4: The next one is a sound that we have been living for on TikTok. It is so freaking funny and I love the way that Latinas are using this sound. So it's kind of like a little bit of a poem.
Speaker 2: Tears in my Latina eyes, blood on my Latina thighs, dreams in my Latina head, I rest in my Latina bed.
Speaker 1: It sounds like a poem written in a Chicano Cities class. When you're like a freshman in college.
Speaker 4: Oh absolutely, and you enter into like a spoken word competition or showcase.
Speaker 2: Oh absolutely, and this is what you share this. We've all done it.
Speaker 3: We've all done it. No shame, That's how we grow.
Speaker 1: Speaking of bad art, exactly what is the source of this sound?
Speaker 3: Do you know?
Speaker 4: I have no idea because I was, you know, as one does. I'm scrolling on TikTok, scrolling mindlessly, and I saw a TikTok that was like just like an image with these lyrics and the sound, which sounds like one of the voice effects. Yeah, on the app, And that's where I first heard it. And then I started and I think I sent it to you, and then I started seeing people Latinas putting themselves on camera, especially and using the sound, but to like playfully mock their own use of their various LATINX traumas, especially in their applications for college, grad school, grants, jobs, opportunities, et cetera.
Speaker 2: And I think it's really funny.
Speaker 4: It's very like, yeah, maybe we're like kind of indulging in our own trauma a little bit, but maybe that's a good thing, because like you got to get something out of your trauma, and so if that gets you into college or grad school, then write about it. Write about your Latina tears.
Speaker 2: Do it. You know somebody's gonna love it. There's an audience for that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean it's also definitely like mocking certain Latinas and how they show up in their identity online. Some of it, I think we know the ones. We know the ones where it's a caricature. It's like what you think Latini that is. And then there's like, you know, something that's more authentic, you know.
Speaker 3: But that's the thing.
Speaker 1: It's like I saw a comment that was like, Latini that is meant to be corny because it's a colonial project, right, it's not meant to be like this deep ass thing, right, which I think is something to consider. Like, there's a lot of things on like the latinx Internet, if you will, that's corny.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I also see like younger Latinas on TikTok in particular talking about how they're very tired of gunchas on everything, freedom on everything, hot cheetos on everything, no pilas on everything, And we've talked about that too. Yeah, there is more out there there for us to pool from. But it's also you know, once something becomes mainstream, it's mainstream. And like we just talked about with the Pew data, Latinos our mainstream. There's millions of us. There's a lot of us. We are increasing the overall population of the United States. One in five people is probably of Latino discent on us.
Speaker 1: We're not increasing the population depending on we're educating.
Speaker 2: Oh, we're educating the population.
Speaker 4: You know, one in five people is probably Latino depending on where you are in the United States. So we're not like, you know, a tiny people group that's that's disenfranchised across the board, right, So, yeah, Latinos our mainstream.
Speaker 1: Y'all, don't go anywhere lokomotives.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back, We're back with more. We hope you didn't go anywhere.
Speaker 4: So moving on our next favorite Hispanic heritage moment, which is a really recent moment. We are so super duper proud of our friend DJ Sizzle Fantastic and the Kumiaton Collective, who have not only performed at the Ford, but at this point they've also performed on stage at the Hollywood Bowl alongside such iconic acts as La Sonorra Dnamita the Hollywood Bowl. Honestly, that Kumbia night, the Hollywood Bowl has never been so lit. There has never been so much dancing in the aisles in the stairway. I mean, the audience was up, they were active and people were.
Speaker 2: Having an incredible time. Sizzle looked amazing. She had this gorgeous dress and this fabulous updu.
Speaker 1: She was like channeling Selena. I know she was. I know that was definitely on her Pinterest board and she achieved.
Speaker 3: She looked beautiful.
Speaker 2: She did it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she looked gorgeous. So proud of Sizzle and the Kumiaton Collective and all the folks that were involved, because the Hollywood Bowl is such an iconic venue in LA and not just anyone performs there. When I went to see Carla Morrison last year perform at the Hollywood Bowl, she said, I can't believe I'm performing at the Hollywood Bowl. Like Gotla Montesen is like a star, and I think even she had that moment on stage where she was like, I can't believe I'm performing here.
Speaker 3: And so then to see our friends on.
Speaker 1: Stage and to see Sizzle looking so beautiful and repin for La and her community so hard was such a magical, beautiful thing to.
Speaker 2: See, extremely incredibly.
Speaker 4: You can get more Sizzle and actually hear from Sizzle if you tune into our other podcast, our brand new show, Senora sex Ed.
Speaker 2: Sizzle actually has.
Speaker 4: Her own episode with her mom, Goco Loco, and it's an intergenerational conversation between the two of them about sex and sexuality and how they learned about sex and sexuality. So make sure you tune into that episode of Senora Sexed, also on the MICHAELA Podcast Network.
Speaker 1: Next on the list, Mala, have you been following the Anheila Aguilar and Christinolal drama?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 4: Is there some like infidelity and cheating and somebody stole somebody's man allegedly. Okay, tell me about it, because I only, like very vaguely have seen mentions of this.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: So Christiano is a Mexican singer performer. He's very famous, very popular, and he has kind of now created this reputation of being like Omohiriego, being a cheater. And so first he was dating Belinda, the Belinda.
Speaker 2: Okay, I know who she is nova, right, she was in Cheater Girls.
Speaker 3: Yes, Belina wasn' that's how I love that's how.
Speaker 4: See, that's my reference. That's how I found out about her for the Barcelona cheatera Girls movie, specifically because she was in it.
Speaker 3: Okay, she was in it.
Speaker 1: Okay, So he was dating her, and then he eventually started dating Gasu. And Gasu is another singer from Argintina. She has her own musical career and she had a baby with him very recently. And so it appears that Anhila Aguilar, who is famously daughter of Pepe Aguilar okay a, they're a dynasty in Mexico. So she was friends with Gasu and there was a point where on an Instagram photo of Christian and Casu, she says fan the sura Lacion, Yes, shady yes, so she knew them as a couple, she loved allegedly loved them as a couple. Next thing, you know, we see Ahila Aguilad and Christian Olan are together and Gasu just had a baby, like when their relationship went public. She had her baby with Christian was like only months old, so there was definitely some overlap.
Speaker 3: And of course who got the heat.
Speaker 1: From the public was Ahila not Christian, And so there was like a lot of polemica drama about that. It was all over my TikTok, honestly, and so I was keeping up with that for a while. So then next step Anghela and Christian get married.
Speaker 3: No wow, yeah, and so the room is that.
Speaker 1: Beilard was like, you are not gonna do that. You are not gonna embarrass my daughter.
Speaker 2: They ma ass us.
Speaker 3: So they get married.
Speaker 1: So they get married, and there's this video that goes viral. There's a lot of videos that have gone viral where people are now making fun of an Hilda gui Lad. She's kind of the butt of the joke right now. She's not really liked it. And Mexico in in terms of like popular culture public consensus, people don't like the other woman.
Speaker 4: We know that, especially when there's a tiny baby.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yes, So there's a couple videos that have gone viral, but one of them is where she's screeching amor so.
Speaker 3: Now folks have replicated that sound.
Speaker 1: They've stitched it with the video of her saying ahmod and they're like opening a ca they're closing something, they're finding all these ordinary household objects that replicate that same high screech. And so to me, that has been like one of the most funny moments if we're thinking about it for Latino Heritage Month, that like say, youse be done.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, thank you so much for catching me up. Yes, I have learned a lot.
Speaker 3: You're welcome.
Speaker 4: That is drama.
Speaker 2: Okay, no wonder it's all over the place. Yes, O M G.
Speaker 3: Yes, and there's so much more. But that's the gist.
Speaker 2: That's pretty good.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 2: That's pretty good drama. There's more drama on our list.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, onto the next because this is something I'm not familiar with.
Speaker 3: But you are.
Speaker 4: Oh yes, yes, so talk me through this one. Let's talk about the rise and fall of Shoddy Bay. You guys, I have been watching from a distance and saying nothing and not to me. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I've been I'll like send of a long voice memo to Viosa like theorizing about Shadi Bay and like her place in popular culture. And I just find the whole Shoddy Bay trajectory to be fascinating and tragic to watch from a distance. But there really is no denying her place in like LATINX popular culture and social media. She has captured the attention of millions of TikTok users, I think most of whom are of the Latino community. And she apparently has had her own following for many years now. A Shadi Bay is Ecuadorian and she's from Minnesota, and she had sort of her own kind of underground like following for a few years, and then in the past couple of years, maybe two or three years, she has just taken all.
Speaker 2: The way off.
Speaker 4: And what people seem to initially have liked about her are her like funny little catch phrases, like she has a fun way of saying things. She almost has her own, like shoddy speak and debias and oh my gothos and all these things that are very quotable. She apparently like escaped from her mother's home, she says, in Minnesota, because she like went to some event in a different state and then just like never went home and then just came to La and then she moved into like one of these like content creator houses with like this other LATINX influencer Uilito and another influencer, Jose Bay is like in the mix as well. There's like a whole little group of them. There's a girl named Wendy, and then they all got beef. They all started fighting with each other. There was like major drama. They all moved out of that content house. Shoddy is like on her own now, but she's like the biggest one out of all all of them as as far as followers go. What I think is really interesting about her is that the attention that she's gotten has been like really intense. Like Cheeky's had her on stage with her at one of her shows. I saw online that Shady Bay did like a meet and greet at the Crito's mall, and it was so packed out with fans that the sheriffs were like surrounding Shoddy Bay to escort her and move her through the crowd of like screaming like Latino fans who showed up in Currito's, and she's just has like this huge presence, and she has merch and she has brand deals. She's appearing on radio, like I think she was on Big Boy in the morning.
Speaker 2: She's all over the place.
Speaker 4: However, there seems to be this element of like people are kind of analyzing her as what some folks would call like a loll cow, which is, does this person feel like there the audience is laughing with her or laughing at her. And it's been odd to like watch like our Latino TikTok audience sort of like hyph her up and project her into this level of stardom, but then also in not unlike in a Jla way, but then also be super nasty to her and like denigrate her and talk really poorly about her.
Speaker 2: And it seems.
Speaker 4: Like like this very double edged thing with Shoddy Bay. And so I also wonder, like with someone like Shoddy like did people hype her up specifically because they knew, like I don't know, like psychologically that there would be a downfall, And do people almost enjoy like that process, like this group think of like we're gonna do this feverish hyping up of this person, They're gonna get real big and then we're just gonna love the tear down.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: It's almost like when you go on a bender and you know that you're gonna feel like shit the next day. You know it's coming, but that's almost part of the experience. It's the high and then it's the come down. And that is what I have sort of witnessed or observed with Shoddy Bay.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think that applies to women in general, where they become super popular and then the public turns, like the tide turns instantly.
Speaker 3: We've seen that with Jenna Ortega.
Speaker 1: I'm just thinking in the last year, Jena Ortega, recently with Chapel Rone, Like, there are so many women that reach like a certain level where they're mainstream or they're super popular, adoring fans, and then just kidding, you said something I didn't like or you did something a certain way.
Speaker 3: I don't know if that's the same.
Speaker 1: Thing here, but I do see a connection with some of the other starlets, if you will.
Speaker 3: I also wonder if it's.
Speaker 1: Maybe like the TikTok version of cancel culture, you know, like where on Twitter it was, oh, we're all going to like go and like tweet at this person, and we're all going to talk about them, and we're going to like quote bring them down or quote cancel them. And you know, whether cancel culture is real or not, like that's another conversation. But we saw the people participating in like a vitriol or a takedown of a certain person, some deserving, some not right, And so I wonder if this is maybe the TikTok equivalent, where it's like we're all going to like band together and get this person here and then sas.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's it, Yeah, it's It reminds me of Anna Nicole Smith. It reminds me of Pamela Anderson. I mean, there's a very long list, like you mentioned, especially of women. Let's build them up so we can then have fun tearing them down. It's very strange, but Shoddy Bay like seems to be sort of weathering the storm and making the best of it. So I don't know, We're I'm keeping I'm keeping an eye on her right because I find the whole thing very interesting, but also like leave her alone, Leave the poor girl alone. I've also noticed, you know, there are so many different like subsets of like the latinal like I don't know social media world totally, and you'll have somebody like Shoddy Bay with millions and millions of followers. And then I see, like, you know, latinx content creators that are maybe a little more like in our sort of sphere, who will ask the question like, why do we put quote like these Latinos?
Speaker 2: Why don't we put these latinos on?
Speaker 4: Okay, you know, I saw there was another I don't remember the name of this person, but there was a Latina who was like on a podcast somewhere and her clip went super viral because she was talking about how she didn't graduate from high school. I saw that one, yeah, yeah, and we were talking about this that went super viral, and there was a lot of conversation around it, and it was the same sort of questions, why do we hype these Latinas up who like don't have education, or they're not social justice oriented, they don't do anything for the community. And I'm like, well, yeah, that's a good question. Why are you hyping them up just to turn around and talk mad shit about them? We wouldn't know who they are unless you us we were putting them out, you know.
Speaker 2: So I don't know.
Speaker 4: It's like, don't pedestal people just to turn around and complain about the pedestal you put them on.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, let's move on next.
Speaker 1: Well, we obviously have to include ourselves in this list because we launched a brand new podcast this year, Senora sex Ed. It's years in the making, and it's our new podcast featuring intergenerational conversations with Latinas from gen X to gen Z. We're interviewing Senora Senoritas and we're talking about all things sex and sexuality.
Speaker 4: And now why is this worthy of Hispanic Heritage Month recognition? Will you tell me the last time you saw a show like this? You know this is show? This show is very unique. I think this show is it is years in the making, It's taken us years to make it, and there's nothing else like it out there. And we're interviewing some of the most iconic Latinas ever period about things like their periods and how they learned about sex and sexuality. We're talking to them about menopause and perimenopause and masturbation and virginity and sexual violence and creating art. It's really interesting and it's really cool. So it's now it's part of the cultural zeitgeist.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 1: And we were actually talking to Vittinia, the editor in chief of Hip Latina this morning, and she said that when she listened to Senana Sex said it was giving NPR and well, personally, as a radio audio enthusiast, I loved it.
Speaker 3: I loved that comparison.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 1: That's why I went to grad school. Truly, best compliment ever.
Speaker 2: High praise. It's not not everybody gets compared to NPR.
Speaker 3: Honey, next past guest.
Speaker 4: An says Hernandez, Los Angeles City Council person representing Council District one, this year launched her very first field office in the Westlake neighborhood of Los Angeles. Anie says, famously historically ran a very iconic campaign against then incumbent Gil Sidio. She was a first time candidate, a young candidate, a woman, a Latina, a resident of her district, Highland Park, and she won in a very historic upset and she's just killing the game. Yeah, so we love Onie says. We do have an episode with one says during her campaign, go ahead and tune into that episode learn more about her. It's a big deal to be elected to the Los Angeles City Council. I mean, as far as city Council goes, We're it, babe, like it's a big deal.
Speaker 2: Go ahead and tune in.
Speaker 4: We're very proud of that episode and of the work Onie Says has done.
Speaker 2: Keep up the good work.
Speaker 1: Next, this is so exciting for me to share. It's not even my news, but I'm just excited to talk about it and geek out about it. So iHeartMedia joins forces with Radio Ambulantes Studios to bring its full slate of shows to the Michael Dura podcast Network, our home network. If you're not familiar, Radio narrates the stories of Latino America. They have been doing it for years. They just launched their fourteenth season with the Michael Tura podcast Network. And not just radim Bulante joined the Michael Dura podcast Network, but also their other show, El Elo, which I listen to every week. El Elo covers the news and breaking stories of Latino America, and for me, I love it because I really try really hard to keep up with.
Speaker 3: The news and happenings in Latin America.
Speaker 1: So they do political coverage, election coverage, and really just day to day coverage of what's happening in different countries in Latin America, and they also have another show called Central and so those are now on the Michaeldura podcast Network. We're in good company and I just feel like I can say Danielle Alarcon is my colleague now because he's on our network.
Speaker 2: We're coworkers, we work together.
Speaker 1: They're also producing two new shows with Michael Tura podcast Network, which is sing So if you're a lover of audio, if you're a lover of storytelling, I think that you know. If you're not familiar with these shows, then you should definitely check them out as well.
Speaker 4: Next, I just want to give a quick little shout out to Marcelo Hernandez, who is an SNL cast member. And Marcelo has just been generally killing it and just being the cutest, funniest Cuban Dominican poppichulo ever. I absolutely love him in the sketches that he does, but specifically I love him on Weekend Update whenever he's opposite Colin Jost. He is just a standout. Every time he's on Weekend Update, his clips go viral. He's also a very talented stand up comedian, so check him out.
Speaker 2: As well.
Speaker 4: I'm just super proud of him, and I think he's doing a great job.
Speaker 3: I love that. I think.
Speaker 1: Also in comedian podcast Updates, former guest of Look at Dora and Senora Sex said Heidro Rodriguez, she just launched a new podcast called Say What You Mean, and I'm super excited to check that one out to listen because Ida is just so smart, so funny, so thoughtful, So I just know it's going to be a great podcast.
Speaker 4: She drops gems always always. Definitely tune into that and our final Hispanic Heritage moment coming up. It's Yasa's birthday, so what better way to celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month than by celebrating the birth of everyone's favorite libra. But I want to make Kana bs FM.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 1: Thank you because I did not expect you to put that on the list.
Speaker 3: But you're right.
Speaker 1: I guess it is a part of Latino Heritage Month.
Speaker 2: You are part of this country's Latino heritage.
Speaker 3: You know what I am. You are in the Library of Congress, So yes, I am.
Speaker 4: That's true. I bet you guys didn't know that. I bet you guys didn't know we're in the Library of Congress.
Speaker 3: Yeah, our website.
Speaker 1: Our website was included in the Library of Congress.
Speaker 2: It's kind of a big deal, kind of a big deal.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you've heard of the Library of Congress. Are you familiar?
Speaker 4: We should visit the Library of Congress. We should go and we should be like, we're in your webs.
Speaker 1: Just like that, exactly like that word for words for beta. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, Oh man.
Speaker 4: This has been our Hispanic Heritage Month episode roundup, et cetera, et cetera. I think this just needs to be a yearly a tradition.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 1: So this is now our second episode of this kind. Last year, season eight, we did a LATINX Heritage Month phase as well, but we looked at more so the last decade. So this year we got more specific and honed in on twenty twenty four and nobody come for us. We know it's Latino Latina, not necessarily Hispanic, but you know that's the designated national month.
Speaker 2: So yes, Hispanic Heritage Month dot gov. We didn't it.
Speaker 4: Okay, blame Lyndon Johnson and Ronald and Ronald.
Speaker 1: Because he is the source of many of these countries problems even now.
Speaker 3: So talk to your family's about one's so twisted.
Speaker 4: Anyways, this has been another episode of look at Our Radio.
Speaker 2: Thank you for tuning in.
Speaker 3: At you next time.
Speaker 1: Look At Radio is executive produced by viosa Fem and Mala Munios.
Speaker 2: Stephanie Franco is our producer.
Speaker 3: Story editing by.
Speaker 2: Me viosa creative direction by Me Mala.
Speaker 1: Look At Radio is a part of iHeartRadio's Michael Tura podcast Network.
Speaker 4: You can listen to lok at Radio on the iHeartRadio app or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 1: Leave us a review and share with your prima or share with your homegirl.
Speaker 4: And thank you to our local motes, to our listeners for tuning in each and every week.
Speaker 3: Besitos Loca