Speaker 1: To Teas in a Pod with Teddy Mellencamp and camera che Edge.
Speaker 2: Hi, guys, welcome to another episode of to Teas and a Pod with myself, Teddy Mellencamp and Camerichage. Good morning, Teddy, Teddy, Good morning, Sunshine, good morning.
Speaker 3: It is going great, never better, fabulous, never better, never freaking better, So good that I.
Speaker 2: Couldn't even bothered to put on one ounce of makeup, and I could have had on because I could see how close my iPhone is scrolled into my face. Isn't that how dreamy these clips will.
Speaker 3: Look at I know, but that's okay.
Speaker 2: That is okay because we are.
Speaker 3: A chanel I on.
Speaker 2: No, we're not China chanel or Ion. Guys, we we learned.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, So actually I got a tweet after last week's podcasts about Dubai after the recap, so we were very curious.
Speaker 3: Of why Ion chanel Ion goes by Ion and even on her intro she it doesn't say chanel So somebody tweeted me and said, hey, just to clarify the chanel Ion thing. Her name was Ion Pillet. She changed it to chanel Ion for work and maybe feelings about around carrying her father's name. I don't know. So her first name is Ion but also Chanel lol love the pod. So she changed her name, but legally her name sounds like it's Ion or.
Speaker 2: It originally used to be Ion. She could have originally changed it.
Speaker 3: She could have legally changed it. You're correct, we don't.
Speaker 2: Know, but either way, it all makes sense.
Speaker 3: Now, it makes sense.
Speaker 2: Now, it makes sense. Well, after watching this episode, I'm excited to recap it. And then we have Carolyn Stanbury coming on and that will air Monday, so we'll be able to dig all into.
Speaker 3: A little deeper.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a little deeper. So first we'll dig in with our personal thoughts and then we'll just grill Stanbury. It's perfect.
Speaker 3: I always get confused if it's grill or drill.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm pretty sure it's grill, and.
Speaker 3: It's really sometimes I'm like, I'm gonna drill you.
Speaker 2: Well, I think a drill I think is in regard. I could be wrong, but I think a drill is like a workout drill, like run and you know, like, yeah, give May fifty, that's a drill.
Speaker 3: A grill, I think could grill is something you make steak on? I thought, But whatever, we don't know. We clearly English is not my first language.
Speaker 2: English is our only language, but we still get but it's not our first our first language.
Speaker 3: Better at pig Latin.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, I forgot about pig Latin. Okay, So this episode starts off with Ion is throwing together a fashion show for Ion Beauty. Ion and her sister discuss how crazy it is coming from a village where they didn't know makeup existed and now owning a beauty line. Ian admits I've had diarrhea like three times because of how stressed she is. Only Ion would get dressed in coture with a four foot train to sell makeup.
Speaker 3: I know, I mean, I know. But it was really nice seeing her brother and sister. Have we seen them before other than just FaceTime?
Speaker 2: I think just FaceTime.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And it's also nice to know that the sisters got their knockers from their mom.
Speaker 2: Well, it's also nice to know that everyone, including us, when we get stressed, we get the ree.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we all get the ree. Now do you did you get your boobies? I mean implants from your mom.
Speaker 2: My mom has implants too, so yeah it does. Yeah, so we we got them. I mean we didn't get them together.
Speaker 3: We got them together. They were friendship boobies.
Speaker 2: Her boobies came probably about twenty five thirty five, a lot of years years ago.
Speaker 3: Bbies. Okay, okay, my mom. I did not get my boots. My mom actually got it from my grandma. My grandma had knockers. She had some big knockers, real knockers or fingers. Come on. She was born in the nineteen hundred. She would have been one hundred and twenty four years old. I can't.
Speaker 2: But what about when Chanelle is saying that she's stressed, but she's sitting on the floor and like a ball, eating a piece of bread or something, and everyone's like running around beside her. Did you notice that?
Speaker 3: Yes? Yes, I mean Chanelle's the only one that can be dressed from an Egyptian museum, and I'm over here can't even get free close from Zara.
Speaker 2: We can't even I mean, we can't even manage to switch up our outfits each week on the pot.
Speaker 3: I got my Target Johnny Cash shirt on right now.
Speaker 2: I have my skims dress that I wear every single time I don't feel like putting on.
Speaker 3: I have the underwear every color like a.
Speaker 2: Nightgown so comfy. Then the ladies arrive at Ion's event, Lisa and Brooks are late. Stanbury shares that she's not surprised by brooks lateness at all, because Brooks cannot watch other people succeed.
Speaker 3: It's starting to look like that. It really is.
Speaker 2: Well, I know we are skipping around, but I kind of thought it was a true dick move. When we get towards the end and we're getting the confessionals and Brooks is talking about Ion's makeup line and she's solely saying, well, this is Tony's line, This is Tony Like right, that was just so rude, Like obviously she collabed with somebody, and it spears to be a makeup artist because she is always doing Ion's makeup.
Speaker 3: Who knows, I could be wrong, but like that is really no, I think you're right. I just think it was a real dick move. She does not to see other women to seed, even if she did it on her own or she had a partner, like who cares? What does it matter? And I sat in my CBD business Yeah.
Speaker 2: And you know what, clearly her and her partner decided on what name they wanted to use to capitalize on this, you know, the success of Dubai and whatever it may be, and be on television. And this was a beautiful event. It wasn't like a makeshift fashion show. Like it was great. It was over the top. They even I forgot who said it, but like there was a line to get in, Like how normally you go to housewives events and like.
Speaker 3: You could barely pay people to be there, and like that unless they think they're getting camera time. Yeah, but once they've been friends, once your friends have realized they've been to a couple of times. I mean we even see in flashbacks of Tuleine, we would have never known Tolene filmed in prior season. No, I know. And by the way, we we get it Brooks, you were late because you had to work, and we get it works you're the only housewife in all the franchise that have a job.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but then in the next scene you said, I haven't gone to work yet. I just rolled out of bed.
Speaker 3: So like, clear, get it straight, let's get it straight. Let's get it straight.
Speaker 2: But Sarah tells Sergio that she fought for his wife, but Stanbury never fought for her. Sergio tells Sarah that she and Stanberry have to talk. Sarah doesn't think that their friendship is where it used to be, but there is something there that she can't walk away from. Then she says, you know, they've broken bread together. They do a little fit and share bread. That's what they need to do, eat, share bread. Now do you find it weird that Sarah's talking to Sergio about this?
Speaker 3: Like, wouldn't I wouldn't like that. I wouldn't like for you know, one of the house has to go up to Eddie and like, you know your wife has done this, and he, first of all, he probably wouldn't entertain it. He'd be like talk to her.
Speaker 2: Well, I I feel like maybe I have I've been sleeping or I've missed a pivotal piece of information when Sarah and Sergio actually had the same parents. No, they call each other brother and sister, Like, where did this brother sister relationship come from? How did I miss the memo?
Speaker 3: Because they think that the two of them have some mad chemistry together and she gets a little too close to him quite often.
Speaker 2: Well he, I mean, clearly we saw at the end of the episode he likes to be involved in the in the action.
Speaker 3: You think, like Carolyn's like pulling his arm down like bit on, sit down, but still like we would do to our children. I mean, I don't even know that I do that to my children, Like I know that I wouldn't have to do it to my children.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, I would have just given the look yeah, you're but the brother sister thing. I really actually when people are like, BFF, but you're my brother, we're so close to like my sister, I never really get it, especially when the other person is married and the there one is supposedly working towards getting married and going to introduce the guy to her parents and moving to next stay.
Speaker 3: Do you see what Instagram has seen the chemistry between them or do you?
Speaker 2: I mean, I remember remember when this happened a couple of seasons ago where I guess it was last season because this is the season two, but where somebody was like feeling some sort of chemistry I think between was him and Lisa Milan.
Speaker 3: I think you don't remember that.
Speaker 2: Like they were sitting at like or maybe it was Sarah then too, and that would then prove that would attack. They were sitting at like a high top table on like a boat, having drinks and there was some kind of joke made. I think it was Lisa Milan, but everybody assumed that that meant there was some kind of chemistry or thing between her and Sergio. I don't think Sergio necessarily has chemistry with the women. I think he's just one of the women. Sometimes Edwin and Eddie can't follow stories quick enough to be in on the drama.
Speaker 3: No, nor does Eddie want to be in on the drama.
Speaker 2: But I would have to.
Speaker 3: He's hiding from the camera most of the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I would have to explain the drama to Edwin forty seven times for him to follow what's going on enough.
Speaker 3: To trust me. I do it all the time. It's it's really exhausted. It's like, even pay attention, even a meme I have to explain. I'm like, it's self explanatoryline's hey, attention, pay attention please.
Speaker 2: Then Brooke tells Tolene that she heard the voice notes to Lene left her and acknowledges Tolene's feelings.
Speaker 3: I wish you would have heard those voice notes, the kind of voice notes that disappear after you listen to him. Maybe why we didn't get to hear him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I'm sure whenever we get a voice note, we have the option of typing keep or you just let it.
Speaker 3: I hate those damn voice notes you're saying that, Teddy, Teddy, have you.
Speaker 2: Realized since I've done the phone update, I can't do voice notes anything.
Speaker 3: Thank you Jesus hall Lie.
Speaker 2: It is really sad. I miss my voice notes.
Speaker 3: No, nobody misses your voice notes, Teddy. No, it was a two study, no one ever.
Speaker 2: But what do we think that Telene said in the voicemails, Because Telene had mentioned texts she had said, but she didn't mention voice notes.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I'm sure we'll find out eventually.
Speaker 2: But Brooks tells Tolene if her feelings were hurt by the thing she said, then she is sorry to Lene, turns to the rest of the table and says, I got an apology from kill Caroline Brooks. Hell has frozen over, ladies.
Speaker 3: But is it really apology when someone says I'm sorry. If you feel I hurt your feelings, that is not It's Brooks doing the most again.
Speaker 2: But also, if Tolene wanted things to be better with Brooks after that conversation, she wouldn't have made that announcement to the table. That announcement to the table was to She was sterring it at that time. She was like, Oh, we're good right now, but let's blow this shit up now.
Speaker 3: Did you know what the Birge Khalifa is?
Speaker 2: I did not.
Speaker 3: It is my old's tallest structure in the world, reported to cost one point five billion dollars to make.
Speaker 2: But what did she say first? Because she said it wrong first and they all laughed. It is something totally it's totally different. Yeah, totally different building. I can't remember what she said. Well, then Lisa asked Brooks what she apologized to Toleen for. Brooks says, I called her a beggar. Books says that Toleene always begged to be a part of her friend group and to be on television.
Speaker 3: Aka to be a cast member.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which is like we already talked to her about the We talked to Telene about this. You guys can go back and listen to telene episode.
Speaker 3: But Telene was on last episode we last season. We just didn't know it until we got the flashbacks. Yeah, we got a go I'm assuming that Brooks brought her to filming last season, and then after that happened, what normally happens is when casting comes around again, the producers will call people that have filmed because it's an organic way of bringing them on. And then also they're friends. So you shouldn't have brought her on if you didn't want her on the show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, but also if somebody's begging you to be on the show, let's just say she was begging to be on the show, that is a red flag. If somebody is just your true friend and they bring you around to events, that's a little bit different.
Speaker 3: But what about Brooks calling Stanbury a narcissist?
Speaker 2: I mean, who isn't a narciss I mean that kettle. But if you I think also, this is going to be something that I'm not. I'm not siding with Brooks here. I'm solely just who I am not. But I want you to hear one thing, and I think that you are considering your past hard. But if your friend desperately wants to be on the show that you're on, then I'm pretty sure your friend will do anything on that show to me, right, You see what I'm saying?
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, But ultimately, what it sounds like is Brooks is insanely jealous of Tilene and hates the fact that she's on the show. And and on top of that, Tileene is thriving.
Speaker 2: Telena is thriving. It gets a little rough at the end of this episode.
Speaker 3: I think I am team team Tileene on the rest of this with my cigarette hanging out of my mouth.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say that was so Lisa vander pump when like she was so stressed about whatever. I think it was the brandy thing and she just like lighting the sig, doesn't even care.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but she made it look so classy. Just well, we'll have to reenact it at that when we talk about it because at the end of this.
Speaker 2: But you know that, you know, filming's supposed to be over when they will actually show you smoking a sig on camera, because I will say, housewives do it all the time, where they step off camera and they smoke, and production does not want to show it. It's not something they want to promote.
Speaker 3: They don't. But I don't have We don't have anybody in our cast that smokes that's out there with SIGs. I can't remember we've ever had anybody. I think that's more of an l A thing too. More people I know smoke.
Speaker 2: I maybe it's just not an OC thing, but I think I saw a lot of people smoking in the back at Andy's baby shower. Any who, Then, before we even get to all of that, Lisa her husband go to dinner. Lisa says that after having their son, the couple made it a point for them to have a date night every night. Lisa gets real about the pressures of being a good wife, staying in shape, and being a good mom, and Lisa being a good friend all the time. I realized that there's a lot of other things we could be talking about. But I need to know. Have you ever ordered Eddie's meal?
Speaker 3: No, but we know who wears the pants in that family. Lisa orders the dinner and her husband gets pedicures, so we know exactly how that relationship works. I love her husband, let me just put that out there. They are such a good couple together. He is so kind, so thoughtful. They're just I think they're my favorite couple on the show.
Speaker 2: I do love them, but I'm worried that they're the couple on the show that we're going to find out at the end is having.
Speaker 3: Ash Why don't put that out there.
Speaker 2: I don't know why. I feel like they're laying it out for us because they show him on a date and then they don't show him filming, So I don't know if it's that he's done to be on camera, like.
Speaker 3: Fine, to be on camera.
Speaker 2: I know. I can only tell you what my gut tells me. Something.
Speaker 3: God, you and your gut. Okay, Well, time will tell, Time will tell. Maybe we should ask Caroline. Oh, yeah, we have her, see what her thought is on their relationship and see what.
Speaker 2: Let me scribble that down in my crazy notes.
Speaker 3: Put that in there.
Speaker 2: Put that in there. Then uh, we see Ion going to the beach with her siblings.
Speaker 3: And her walking in her heels through the sand. Only on can do that.
Speaker 2: She's I need another. I needed to also know the current temperature of that beach, picnic. I needed to know you did why because if it was a thousand degrees pulling that cart with my heels through the sand, that's a big note for me.
Speaker 3: Dog. What about Ion's white tie? Your dress? I love fashion? Now with the two tigers, can you imagine us wearing it? We'd look like we had three heads.
Speaker 2: No, it would would eat somebody in the middle, and then our heads would just be coming out of the two tigers.
Speaker 3: We should get dresses like you should get one with two of my heads on each side, and I get on.
Speaker 2: Two happy tam and the pissed off tad.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, and I'll just just.
Speaker 2: Turn I love it. But then Lisa, Brooks and Sarah decided they're going to Bali and their theme is Eat Prey Party. Lisa says she's in charge of food, Sarah's in charge of praying, and Brooks is in charge of party. Stanbury says she can't see herself praying in Balla with Sarah. I don't think anybody's praying on this trip once they get there. But what the whole thing is to be PTSD from Bali? That was my worst cast trip ever. I am excited to see their trip just because I want to see where they go, what they do, all those things compared to what we did. And are we assuming that Brooks doesn't come on this up at all? Because in that in the trailer for next week, we don't see Brooks.
Speaker 3: Oh, I didn't notice that. I I'm not saying she's going She's going eve even if she has to make a grand entrance.
Speaker 2: Even if she travel her nail technician.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so she brings her. Now, how do you feel about housewives bringing their glam to events on the show.
Speaker 2: I don't mind people bringing a friend, but I do mind people bringing a friend when you have not asked and it's a sit down.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that's a whole different story. I'm just wondering, Like, I'm not saying you can't be friends with your how I'm best good friends with my glam. But it's just it's something that's kind of frowned upon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, well I think that. I think what we're not actually saying, but what we are saying is your glam that does your hair and makeup when you're on the show, they know everybody's secrets because that is the.
Speaker 3: One yeah person, Well, if that's the one thing that the production doesn't want, they don't want, well, let's just put it this. A glam has been caught speaking, yeah talking. I mean, let's take it back to Jersey. What's going on over there with the glam over there?
Speaker 2: Right? But also, glam always gives you. This is why I don't like glam on housewive Trips because that gives you a person to vent to. Whence the people that don't have glam are just left to stew and become crazy on their own and their rooms.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you can vent, but all you're gonna see is their arm. You just see an arm. You don't see you hardly ever see the other person. You see them curling the hair, put the makeup on, and they're just you know what that girl did to me?
Speaker 2: Then to Leine brings up the apology she got from Brooks and how she couldn't believe it. Lisa tells Delene that Brookes said to Lene is a beggar. So this is where we realize. The story shifts Toleen's eyes widen and she says, I guess hell hasn't frozen over. Telene says, in the nine years of friendship she's had with Brokes, she's never seen this side of her.
Speaker 3: I'm like, it's because she's jealous she's on the show.
Speaker 2: But I also wanted to be like except when Telene watched the entire last season or was there in the background, right.
Speaker 3: But she doesn't have like if she had like an issue with her, like, oh you know what, we really weren't getting along she got cast on the show. There is no evidence of any issue before she got on the show. I feel like she got on the show and then she was mad that she was on the show.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Then Stanburry talks with Sergio about his relationship with the Asmine, where I love Surge, but we got to talk about this. He contradicts himself multiple times. He's like, listen, I want her to know that I don't want to be her father, but I am her dad.
Speaker 3: Her dad, and I am her dad.
Speaker 2: I just love Surge.
Speaker 3: But I have a question for you. What down Caroline's friend that walks in. Does she look familiar to you?
Speaker 2: She did, but I didn't know why. The one that brought the gifts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the she had flowers, I think in her hand or something. She was on Housewives. She is on Housewives of Chessdire.
Speaker 2: Oh, so that would make sense. Also, who was it that they were saying, pays off Caroline's bill?
Speaker 3: Michael, the guy that she lived with. We need to okay, we need it down.
Speaker 2: Write this down, hey, write this down in our rain man notes.
Speaker 3: Michael pays for Caroline's bills and her maid's bills. Is that what was said?
Speaker 2: But also I'm confused. I thought Caroline got divorced from someone who had a million dollars, I mean a bit, sorry, not an.
Speaker 3: M no, no, no, her family. Caroline's parents are, according to Ladies of London, worth one worth a billion dollars.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, well AnyWho, we gotta we gotta keep moving through this. Brook shows up to Caroline's party and begins to stage the house. I thought this was kind of rude. I think Sage smells shitty, so I would be annoyed coming in with like a bloggaret.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, you just don't do that. Brooks is rude. I can't seriously cannot with this woman bringing first, bring in her nail technician unannounced. Now with the Sage walking around, it's like she's just doing the most. I don't know what what her deal is this season, because I don't feel like she was like this last season.
Speaker 2: But then Brooks and Ion both say that Michael got drunk and told them he paid for the mortgage the utilities. I'm like, problem, But then I'm like, does Michael pay for Sergio spray tan?
Speaker 3: And I mean I know, and also how do I find a Michael Michael? Hey, you want to pay my bills too, Michael. It just doesn't make sense for it does not logically make any sense for Michael to pay for Caroline's lifestyle. And maybe.
Speaker 2: Maybe he meant while they were staying with him. Let's ask. It's in the notes.
Speaker 3: We're gonna ask. Yes.
Speaker 2: Then at dinner, Brooke mouths across the table to her friend fake fake, fake bake, fake bake, and Tolene chimes in, sorry, Caroline, fake, Seriously, what does that even mean? Brook responds, I'm not talking to you.
Speaker 3: Yes you are. If you're gonna say that, then at least admit it and say it to her face.
Speaker 2: And then to Lena and Brooks off, Oh my god, pissing me off. Then Tolene and Brooks begin insulting each other. Tolene's husband drags her away from the conversation. I don't know that that's the correct verbiage. I don't think that he's really dragging her away from the conversation.
Speaker 3: I was trying to just get her out of the drama. I think he's.
Speaker 2: Trying to get her out of the drama. But then Brooke tells Tolene to drop her drink, and Telene responds you're an alcoholic, drop your drink after you're slurring.
Speaker 3: She told her she was slurring.
Speaker 2: It's like Brooks, I rewinded she wasn't.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 3: It's Brooks being the ultimate gas lighter, the ones that see there's certain girls on shows that can drop sound bites even if they're not happy and it's not true, and if they say it enough times, the viewers will believe it.
Speaker 2: But I have a question. So after Raffy and Toleene walk away, you hear Raffy saying like I don't give a shit about the cameras, and then Brooks makes it seem like Raffy is really coming at her.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't think he was coming at her. I think he was like enough, like stop.
Speaker 3: So what happens is people will do that to other people to make that the viewers think that's what they're doing when they're not. It's called gaslighting.
Speaker 2: Well, I think regardless of if she was gaslighting or just trying to really piss off Raffy, I'm not sure which one it is, because you could tell then Raffy.
Speaker 3: Oh, she was pushing Raffy's buttons for sure, like she was trying to get him activated to come after her, and then she would then say he can't. He attacked me.
Speaker 2: But then Tolene's husband tells Brookes shut your mouth. Lisa tells him a man isn't going to threaten a woman, and then sergeriy in the back, desperately wanting to be a part of the action. He's like, honey, honey, you're listening to this. Honey honey.
Speaker 3: She's like, God, down down, sit down, leap it alone, don't I Also, I also have a question.
Speaker 2: They said, which I guess we scribbled this down for Caroline as well, that you cannot yell in the streets of Dubai, but can you smoke? Six?
Speaker 3: I have no idea. I have no idea. I love when Caroline's trying to diffuse everything and she's like, Sergio, put on the music, and you probably hear the producers'lling Sergio, no music.
Speaker 2: Music is not allowed because we don't have it's trademarked or whatever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we have to pay for the rights to it. No, don't do it. We'll put our porn music in there. Let's talk about a fifty thousand dollars couch.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about well, how much let's google how much is the restoration hardware couch that I would say eighty five percent of houses cloud? Yeah, oh, I used to have that. I would guess that's probably, And that's a nice ass couch. I mean, I'm furious that at twenty because the day that he did, one of my children got a red sharpie and went this right on the top of it.
Speaker 3: When I tried to people out there their furniture factory in Laguna Hills, they will make a knockoff of any couch you want with memory foam, just like the Cloud. So that's what I got. Cost me like four thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: All this did tell me is there's no baby coming soon. But then Sergio tells Stanburry he doesn't like what's going down inside his home, and Stanburry yells at him continuously to sit down. Stanbury tells everybody parties over, get the f out of my house. Did they ever eat?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I never saw anyone chew food.
Speaker 3: Good question.
Speaker 2: What do I guess about telling they didn't say the food's delicious at that party? Said the food's delicious at Ion's party.
Speaker 3: What about the you're a bigger and you were my clothes last season. Oh that you hit that sick. I should take this, get your stick it up. You're you're the bigger, You're the bigger Brooks. You were my clothes last season. You didn't have the money to wear that chanel. It was mine.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, Okay, we got guys. All I need to know is I'm happy to borrow anybody's clothes. But I thought Dubai was coming back. It came back with the bang. I think it's gonna get better from here. Thank you guys for tuning in. On Monday, we will we'll be bringing in some more actions, so we'll have Caroline Stanbury's take on all of this and we'll talk to you all then bye,