Speaker 1: You're busting with the boys.
Speaker 2: Are we busting yet?
Speaker 1: Yeah? We're busting. This is it. We're busting right now.
Speaker 2: Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, people of all ages, welcome to Busting with the Boys. A couple quick updates. Yes, our podcast is going very well.
Speaker 3: Could it go better?
Speaker 2: Absolutely? So let's do us all a favor. And I need you to go on Twitter and Instagram and put in the little search column and go to busting' WTB.
Speaker 3: I need to click follow and.
Speaker 2: Maybe just maybe just tweeted us or maybe instagram post us.
Speaker 3: You never know. Guess what.
Speaker 2: We're not big enough of a business to where me and Will don't see everything you guys say. Okay, the hurtful things, the helpful things, and everything in between. Okay, so go ahead send it. I promise we're gonna see it. And if we don't respond to you, take it personally because I definitely saw it.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 3: That's one thing.
Speaker 2: The other thing you need to do is you get to go on Facebook.
Speaker 3: And what's the other deal we got?
Speaker 5: Forget Facebook? Tell them to pull their cars over right now. Play if you're driving on the highway, if you're work under the bridge, pretend it's haling and you need to pull over under the bridge. Oh no, pull out your Apple podcasts or Spotify or whatever platform you're on, go to bussing with the boys. Hit the subscribe if you're already subscribe, just hit on subscriber, you subscribe.
Speaker 1: Who gives a shit?
Speaker 2: Because that's the shitty way to become a good podcast and we're not above that, all right, and.
Speaker 5: Hit that five star and leave funny ass reviews or shit on.
Speaker 1: It's like, I just have to have fun, dude.
Speaker 2: Every opinions are like assholes. Everyone's got one, So what you need to do is give us your asshole opinion.
Speaker 4: Dude.
Speaker 2: Honestly, there's nothing better than waking up in the morning on a Monday afternoon after you play like shit and looking at all the hateful, hurtful tweets and just punish yourself. And then you drink a lot of tequila and then you go into your room. You turn off all lights. When it gets stark, you light the candles. You pull out a quill in a pen and you write free hand poetry and then you cry to sleep, and you wake up the next day and you say, we gotta be better next week, and That's what I need you to do for me, all right. I need you to make me better by coming and saying the thing you hate most about Will and the thing you love most about Will, and also do that for me too.
Speaker 3: I'm just kidding. We're both in this together. We have a dog here. YouTube YouTube YouTube as well.
Speaker 2: So YouTube is going to be busting' wtb or busting with.
Speaker 1: The busting with the boys.
Speaker 2: Let's busting with the boys. And so you're you're probably there, like Taylor, this is your podcast.
Speaker 3: You probably know what's going on. Literally, dude, here's the deal. You're probably wondering.
Speaker 2: You're probably thinking, how much do I put into this?
Speaker 3: Dude?
Speaker 2: I literally show up and talk all right. Everyone else, the guys behind the cameras, they do everything, all right. Zach does everything, Matt does everything, Our production crew does everything. Another thing we need to talk about today.
Speaker 1: Folks, is merchandise.
Speaker 2: Okay, whoops, yep uh, that was it. Thank you for killing my punchline, Will, Yeah, dick, oops to daisies. That's what we What's what we call on the podcast is interrupting somebody. We'll talk about this in a little bit. What we really need to talk about right now is is merchandise. And the thing we're gonna talk about later is how disrespectful my friend Will is. He has been like the last three days, just like I can't even be around the guy who sowed disrespectful. I just want to I just want to make him bite.
Speaker 3: The curb, dude.
Speaker 2: And it's just American history excess back of his head.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: For those you haven't seen that movie, it's just don't It's a good movie, so go ahead and see it. But anyway, those of you that said, probably what that's a good reference, Taylor. If you really actually want to kill Will merchandise, so you can go on our website. It's a bustin WTV dot com. Yes, BUSTINWTV dot com. We've got some merch up there. There's t shirts, there's koozies, and that's what a lot of podcasts have. But what else do we have? Look behind me, what do you see?
Speaker 3: Is that a neon sign? Yes it is.
Speaker 2: That's a terrible question. These are for sale on the merchandise. You're thinking, I'm a boy, I'm a puppy. I want to be a part of something special. I want to take pictures of myself and send it to the boy because they asked us really nicely on Instagram to please send us stuff. I'm gonna get this kneeon sign and I'm gonna put it behind me.
Speaker 3: And then look at me. I'm Will Compton.
Speaker 1: I'm a boy.
Speaker 2: I'm a little puppy, just like this little puppy way right here. This is our guest. Go ahead, the little guy there, Dude Haggard named after Merle Haggard. Why because we try to be cool and it's not working out too well anyway. Those things are for sale on the merch day. I think the first topic we need to talk about.
Speaker 5: Regal Realty Group. It's our first one. You can find him at regal rg dot com. It's real estate done differently, guys, And let me explain that a little bit. Our guy Hunter Briley here, here's his personal and please blow it up, especially if you're looking for anything in real estate in Nashville, guys, Hunter Briley. His personal is six one five six three zero ninety seven three five. His office is six one five four eight three zero eight five six. It's the Regal Realty Group, Hunter Brillley. He's trying to find he's trying to find a home for the bus guys. He's trying to take care of everybody. The guy wheels and deals and he he is all about I've sat down with him, I've looked him face to face, right in his gorgeous eyes, and it's all about relationships we're.
Speaker 1: Trying to carry.
Speaker 5: He likes to take care of people, and he bends over backwards trying to tell me I all I want is to take care of people who work with me, who work closely with me. I try to make it a long term thing. I want able to know that they can trust me. And guys, I'm telling you Regal Realty Group hunter Briley, please hit his ass up. So thank you very much. Enjoy the pod, guys, It's a banger today.
Speaker 2: So there's this thing I was looking up online. I actually tweeted about the other day. My wife called me, hold on tailing.
Speaker 3: So we're on the street.
Speaker 2: Is that the Tennessee Police Department warns about meth gaters?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, we got to figure that out. What is the what's what's the premise behind the meth gaters?
Speaker 3: Day?
Speaker 2: They warned us about meth gaters dude, this is this is like a cartoon like people in me, like you know the old story, like you flush like a fish down the toilet or contewers or god damn it will. This is what I'm talking about. Being so disrespectful, dude.
Speaker 1: Sometimes I gotta chime in.
Speaker 2: Let me finish a thought.
Speaker 5: It's it's not even a finish a thought. It's finish a book, a Harry Potter books.
Speaker 3: And how well do those sell?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: Nice, yep, this is like, yeah, I've already lost my lawns flushing. No, you flush down the toilet, I said, Like in New York they talk about all the time. Don't flush the lizard down the toilet, don't flush the fish down the toilet.
Speaker 3: They go in the sewers. They become toxic, like teenage mutant ninja turtles.
Speaker 2: But they have a chip on their shoulder because they've been flushing the toilet. And if you've ever been flushed on the toilet, I've got a swirly when I was a little kid, and I didn't enjoy it, and I get pissed, all right, And now I'm a toxic goldfish that's now seven hundred pounds, dude, And I've adapted feet and now we're in Futurama. But anyway, Tennessee Police Department warns about meth gaters due to flushing drugs down the toilet. What so over here, it says a middle Tennessee police department is warning people about fishing flushing drugs down the toilet, saying fouls and gaiters on meth are possible. That's a real thing, getters, getter's on meth. So basically, what they're saying is if you're in Tennessee and you flush on the toilet, they go to these treatment ponds. In these treatment ponds in Alabama, there are gators. Gators that will eat these things. This myth that's probably in a plastic bag, because no one has has ever nice enough to just again like push it out of the bag. They actually have to fuss the whole bag. The gators will eat this. And now gators are already terrifying. All right, we've seen the things in Disneyland where dogs are getting snatched up, people are getting snatched up. Imagine that kind of issue if we are dealing with gators on meth. All right, no one is safe, dude. Gators are already dinosaurs.
Speaker 1: Are they like zombie gators?
Speaker 3: No, they're meth head gators.
Speaker 1: Right, But what is the attitude when of gators on fucking meth?
Speaker 3: Do you remember what?
Speaker 5: Like I know where I grew up number three county one time for meth in America? Really Yeah, we would go to these fame, yeah, claim the fame. We would quote unquote what are these haunted places? And we would break in these abandoned buildings sometimes and you would find these meth labs that were abandoned. So be around people of like the the meth category is like, we got somebody right here on the screen right now.
Speaker 1: Like meth heads are fucking out of their mind.
Speaker 3: Is there any way we could patch this through? Dude?
Speaker 1: We better be able to like man maybe Jaz at the time somebody else and liked him.
Speaker 4: Terrible.
Speaker 3: We're so fired. Your production company has already fired.
Speaker 1: That's actually fired.
Speaker 3: He doesn't even make a dollar, dude, he's already fired.
Speaker 2: Here's number one. I don't know what was going on with that whole thing, but that myth dude.
Speaker 3: He look he had some.
Speaker 2: Rhythm when he was talking though, I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 3: He had a little a.
Speaker 1: Little they got a weird twitch to him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, look at that.
Speaker 2: Get it back way back the smile, my baby.
Speaker 1: Pretty smile again.
Speaker 2: We have we ain't got no problem.
Speaker 1: Hey, did you imagine a gator on that ship?
Speaker 3: Did dude?
Speaker 5: The the the treat the now you pause, Zach, pause this video.
Speaker 3: Dude, God damn.
Speaker 2: So the treatment center also had a comment saying the following ducks, geese and other foul foul frequent our treatment pawns. And we shuddered to think what one all hyped up on meth would do. And that's just talking about duck and geese.
Speaker 1: Did you a fucking gator coming out of the water on meth? Dude with your dog outside?
Speaker 3: My dog's dead.
Speaker 2: I love you, hey, get your ass back. Hey, dude, that would be a terrifying thing. But like I've learned a lot of things this week.
Speaker 3: What was what was it? What was the thing you were telling me about ducks?
Speaker 1: Dude? These fucking these ducks, bro, male ducks.
Speaker 5: The sentence was our prolific gang rapists on Instagram And I just saw this helpless female duck getting destroyed by a gang of ducks, like male ducks.
Speaker 1: From what they say is it says that male ducks.
Speaker 5: Have a corkscrew penis that they use as a weapon to try to impregnate a female duck.
Speaker 1: That's how they reproduce.
Speaker 5: So female ducks have a vagina that is built like a maze for these corkscrew for these corkscrew weapons that male ducks have. So these male ducks are taking turns trying to penetrate them, and these helpless female ducks are just built to try and survive this gang rape. Dude, it's insane.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 5: Somebody passing into our group chat fuckery Island, shout out fuckery Island. But I'm sitting there like, yo, could you imagine being a female duck created? Like, hey, we're creating you to be to fear for your life when males are around you. Look here, here's a video right there, these videos.
Speaker 1: Look at it. Oh my god, this female duck.
Speaker 5: Oh shit, I am out I am out numbered, I am out manned, I am out gunned.
Speaker 2: And the thing is is like, yeah, if you get to do your thing, if that's how the reproductive system and a duck works, go for it. That's how the world, it's society of being a duck. If that's how it is, I guess I'll turn a blind eye to that, but don't peck her in the back of the head, dude.
Speaker 1: Like, look at that one.
Speaker 5: One male duck is holding the female duck down by her neck.
Speaker 1: The other two are like, hey, good job, man, let me get up in there behind it. And they're just just running a full flying v on this thing. Just a quack attack.
Speaker 3: Dude, I'll never watch The Mighty Ducks ever again.
Speaker 1: This is what it's based off of.
Speaker 2: Can I I hate that I'm even asking this, Zach, Can you pull up a picture of a duck's penis. I need to see it, dude, I gotta see this duck penis.
Speaker 1: Bro we got I'm gloss so glad we get the editor time out?
Speaker 3: Is that it? Are you kidding me?
Speaker 4: Dude?
Speaker 3: Look at fucking cork screw it is have a quarkstrew poenis.
Speaker 4: You're right?
Speaker 1: How did they get him? Howd they get him excited like that?
Speaker 2: They probably Oh, it's got a blue bill.
Speaker 3: That's a cool looking duck.
Speaker 4: Dude.
Speaker 1: To get a male duck excited, what do they do?
Speaker 5: Just like tie a female duck down and look like scary and pray ye, that's like pull.
Speaker 2: Fiction Oh my, look at that thing, dude. Honestly, like, that's a big penis for a duck.
Speaker 3: I think, right, that's like.
Speaker 5: A it's a weird ratio. It's going on right there, unit. It's a nice peace man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, dude, that guy's got a serious.
Speaker 1: We got a transition out of this subject, totally ship.
Speaker 3: You just go back to the videos as it's over, Dude.
Speaker 2: I was intently staring at that duck penis, dude, and the video popped up on me.
Speaker 3: Have a ducking rape, dude. That is that is way too much.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, what a weird way to start this podcast. I know it started off so well, and now we have duck rapes.
Speaker 5: We're gonna have such a great, great character guy and Kirk Cousins coming on, and this is gonna be this is his intro.
Speaker 2: Kirk Cousins, who's the most salt of the earth Midwest boy of all time.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, we couldn't get on to say, we couldn't get him to answer a bad question.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna I'm gonna ask him about Michigan, Michigan State, and he didn't even like I got punched in the face and he didn't even try to protect me, like he's guilty by association. Kirk Cousins punched me in the face. Dude, It wasn't just William Golson. When you saw that happen, Kirk, when you if you ever listened back to this podcast, when you saw that happen, you were guilty by association.
Speaker 3: Dude, that's your bad that I got punched. You were the leader of that team.
Speaker 1: Did he ain't stepping in there? Bro?
Speaker 2: Pull that video up, dude, type and ty Lawe gets punched by William Golson.
Speaker 3: Dude.
Speaker 2: For we played Michigan State and for a year I had this guy as the background.
Speaker 3: On my phone.
Speaker 1: Oh I remember you tell me about that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I followed him on Twitter, looked at him every single day, dude, and I beat the ship out of him that next year, beat the absolute shit out of him.
Speaker 5: I mean you, it's not like you were swinging and beat the shit out of him like.
Speaker 3: Football beat the shit out of which is not just cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I football the ship out of this day.
Speaker 3: Footballed him so hard. Dude, there it is. I'm playing left tackle. What a grainy film?
Speaker 4: Dude?
Speaker 3: Was this like nineteen seventy four? Look at this?
Speaker 2: Everything's good there's a penalty flag down? Why is there a penalty flight that? Roy Rowntree shouts, what are this that's gonna show William walking away?
Speaker 3: I've watched this video.
Speaker 2: It's probably got you know, fifteen thousand views.
Speaker 3: I'm fourteen of them. I watch this like every other every other month.
Speaker 2: Yep, he didn't even he didn't even get kicked out of the game for this. Look at him, dumb ass, And this is when he hits you, uh yeah, looking to him. It's about to show the replay right now. I've seen it, Roddy. I got him playing on the ground and coo, yo, look at you walk a bitch, dude.
Speaker 1: Hey, hey, just do what your coach do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, literally before the game, so Michigan, Michigan stay for those of you in the South who don't understand, we don't understand, like that's a that's a huge ribber way. And my coaches were like, hey, I keep your comp or make sure you keep your composer, like the entire before the game, like you're a bit of a hothead, keep your composure. And so I kept my damn composure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would definitely say that.
Speaker 2: But for the rest of my life, I have to live with looking at that video.
Speaker 4: Dude.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we played Tampa Bay.
Speaker 2: My second year was Marcus's rookie year, and William Golsen placed with Tampa Bay. And we ran a We ran like a play to the right, a run play to the right, and all I had to do was have the end.
Speaker 3: It was like a super easy block.
Speaker 2: And I swung at him in this play and I missed so bad.
Speaker 3: Like I blocked him.
Speaker 2: I hit him in the chest and I swung as hard as I could, like legit, tried to punch him in the face and totally missed.
Speaker 3: He just moved gently.
Speaker 2: To the right and I came over the top and he just took it a little and it was it was nothing. And he looked at me and goes, you can get fine for that.
Speaker 3: I was like, I'll do whatever.
Speaker 2: It takes, dude. I haven't forgot a thing that I haven't forgot a thing.
Speaker 3: Dude.
Speaker 2: Hey, you'll say that we killed him, Dude, We smacked Tampa that game. Guess what, we went two and fourteen solid, first year solid.
Speaker 3: I know we went three and thirteen. Yeah, because my first year we went to in fourteen. First The first first two years didn't didn't go so hot.
Speaker 2: But yeah, Kirk Couses is coming on the pod today. Kirk is live Minnesota.
Speaker 3: Paid paid, so paid, dude.
Speaker 1: He's like the only guaranteed contract, Uh, I think in the quarter? Is it in the league? I don't know if it's I don't know.
Speaker 2: If you sign a one year deal, isn't that guaranteed?
Speaker 1: No, you gotta play, you gotta like run down on kickoff first. Well, in my world, you have to be on.
Speaker 3: The team on Monday of week one, right.
Speaker 5: But I'm saying when Kirk signed that stuff is fully guaranteed right out of the gate done. He's like the first, like an elite quote unquote elite guy to have like a fully.
Speaker 1: Guaranteed contract like that.
Speaker 5: Because I want to I want to say, Jets offered him like a few million more dollars, like a lot more of a ceiling, but not as much guarantee, and he ended up turning that down and going with the Vikings, who fully guaranteed everything.
Speaker 1: Solid deal. We asked him about that. We asked him about the franchise situation the Redskins.
Speaker 5: Everybody always wants to know how some how certain things went down there.
Speaker 1: We ask him if he'd cut he cut his piece off for a Super Bowl ring.
Speaker 3: Doesn't go the way you think it does.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we try hard, man, We went at this dude, and he is polished. He's a polished white quarterback.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And what just just being white in the league as a feet in its own isn't it?
Speaker 5: Isn't that just unless unless you're a quarterback. I mean, yeah, it probably better to be white as a quarterback.
Speaker 3: Why.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, the you know, the stereotype that goes.
Speaker 5: On if it's a if it's a black quarterback, it's like the thought is they can throw it a little bit, but they can run in their super athletic and then gets you out of weird situations for a white guy, you like think, you know, it's just those stereotypes.
Speaker 3: White guy, I think he's a grinder.
Speaker 1: Yeah, grinder, high motor, try hard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a that's a pretty dumb stereotype, but it's true. I mean, hey, most over quarterbacks are black. Yeah, and Tom Tom Brady can't run at all. Hey, there's a you got that five b there's a all right, Well we'll be back right after.
Speaker 3: Kirk Cousin.
Speaker 6: Well, this is Kirk.
Speaker 1: We're doing my baby.
Speaker 4: I'm doing really well.
Speaker 3: How are you, guys, Kirk, I'm I'm so disappointed.
Speaker 1: Hey, I'm good at Kirk. I was gonna say, we want to kind of, we want to kind of we need more out of you.
Speaker 5: I hope you change your attitude a little bit. You sound a little more excited.
Speaker 7: I think you're going to character here.
Speaker 5: All right, good dude, we got a lot of things we want to ask and talk about. Number one, you've seen the videos.
Speaker 1: You've seen what.
Speaker 5: Vrabel would do for a super Bowl? What would you do for a super Bowl? Ring you're young, you know we know the answer is no.
Speaker 1: No, I don't know. We don't Okay, Yeah, you're right, Maybe we don't know. You've had a kid.
Speaker 2: I broke the straw on my law to Kirk, damn it?
Speaker 1: Would you cut? Would you cut that piece off for a super Bowl?
Speaker 4: Or no, I can't do it?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 1: Would you do it? What extent would you go to?
Speaker 7: I mean, give me, give me some other things, some other options.
Speaker 2: But would you would you punch three children in the face for for a Super Bowl?
Speaker 4: Your son?
Speaker 1: Your son, your son being one of them.
Speaker 7: I couldn't I couldn't do it.
Speaker 4: I shouldn't do it.
Speaker 8: I don't want this to become a cousins doesn't want a super Bowl, but.
Speaker 2: It's starting to sound like it a little bit. Honestly, can we all be honest?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I love a good would you rather?
Speaker 7: But this is just getting kind of dark.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you, well, we can go some really dark. Would you rather? Do you want a dark? Do you want a dark? Would you rather?
Speaker 4: I don't know that I do, but I feel like, yeah, we have.
Speaker 5: Come this far, and you know your boy, you know I'm way more. I'm way out there for you. But uh, if you had to choose, if you're if you had.
Speaker 1: Your wife Julie and your mom was in her body, and then you had your and your wife was in my body, which one was you have to you have to pick your hand.
Speaker 6: And go there.
Speaker 4: I can't even go there.
Speaker 5: Well, then, god, dude, we're trying. I knew I was gonna try. I'm like, yo, it's gonna be a reach to get Kirk to ansel a couple of these, but we're gonna go after the boy and see what he can do.
Speaker 1: Kirk.
Speaker 3: To be honest, Hey.
Speaker 1: Kirk's got a podcast Taylor does really tell me last night it's uh, what is it? The Kirk Cousins podcast.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, we're just trying to keep up with you guys. We don't have as good as a name, we don't have as good as a boss.
Speaker 1: That's all right, public public right now, it's the Vikings run it though, right.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, Vikings on A Vikings podcast will be on this fall after games.
Speaker 7: Have a good time.
Speaker 4: Maybe not as much a good time as you guys have, but uh yeah, I'm a good time.
Speaker 5: I get to swing the bat a little more since I'm a free agent, not really like too concerned, but I'm doing exactly.
Speaker 1: And Taylor, you know, he he's got a contract, not one like yours. Uh nope, but close enough.
Speaker 2: Kirk, I get it, dude. You look, you have a fully guaranteed contract. You're not going to cut off your piece for a Super Bowl. I totally understand that. What I will say is good. Good on you for getting with the Minnesota Vikings on your podcast, because the whole reason why I started my podcast was.
Speaker 1: The no, I don't say why I started my podcast, right, The whole reason.
Speaker 3: Why I let Will. I carry Will in my back.
Speaker 2: Every day is because when the Titans started their podcast, I thought to myself, I could beat this, and now we did, so good on you.
Speaker 3: We did beat We beat all their views on the one day.
Speaker 4: But honestly, do the boys right, it's a the boy there.
Speaker 2: I'm starting to I love it. You're starting to buy into the the deal we're gonna send.
Speaker 1: Uh, We're gonna send a box of shirts to the locker room, and you better just throw them around. You better just sling those tools.
Speaker 4: Do that, you know.
Speaker 8: Kyle Sloter, one of our quarterbacks, had shirts made to say Sloaterhouse and he distributed them around the locker room.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean.
Speaker 4: Guys wear them.
Speaker 6: But I thought, you know, if you make a shirt.
Speaker 8: For yourself and they give them out to everybody.
Speaker 7: I would think there's not there's the president.
Speaker 8: There's nothing wrong with having a shirt represents somebody else.
Speaker 2: That Hey, we're my t shirt. It's a weird flex. It's definitely a weird flex.
Speaker 6: Weird weird flex.
Speaker 4: But okay, Cook, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Honestly, I don't know, and you don't have to answer this question if you even know who I am. But I definitely know who you are, buddy, because I don't know if you do this. We are rivals, Our colleges are major rivals.
Speaker 4: Nine eleven.
Speaker 2: You went to the one of the worst universities to ever be called a D one university, the little brother Michigan State.
Speaker 3: Well how'd you get there?
Speaker 2: Do Was it like, hey, this is my only offer and I have to or did you actually choose to go there?
Speaker 4: Is that a thing?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 7: What grew up in Michigan?
Speaker 4: Full disclosure, I grew up. Really, I'm on the line. I mean I watched any of them.
Speaker 6: I watched the Spartan And the reality.
Speaker 8: Is Michigan had every opportunity to recruit me and call me to come to my high school, and they never.
Speaker 6: They never even I don't even know if they sent me a letter.
Speaker 8: Like a like a just typed up, like generic send it to fifteen thousand kids letter.
Speaker 4: I don't think I even got one of those.
Speaker 8: And so you know, they got Ryan Mallett early in the recruiting process.
Speaker 7: He committed and I.
Speaker 8: Think they pretty much said, with Fi for quarterback, we don't need to recruit another one, and that was it. But chat Enny was a senior when I was a freshman, so I thought, you know, Hey, it timed out great.
Speaker 6: I could have been graduated.
Speaker 8: I could have stepped in as a sophomore and played a few years. But they had other plans, and Ryan Mallett and and so I went to Michigan State and it all worked out and won a few games against those guys in the ann Arbor.
Speaker 4: But uh, I would have loved to have.
Speaker 6: Gone to the wolver I mean, what a great school, you know.
Speaker 1: And Bloomer, you were a late bloomer.
Speaker 7: I was a late bloomer.
Speaker 4: Will knows that I was a late bloomer. And uh and uh, dude.
Speaker 8: Will has Will has way more bragging rights against me in the Big ten.
Speaker 1: Then you're damn right.
Speaker 2: Hey, let the guy finish this whole Sorry started, I got excited. I got sorry, sorry for we have a big we have a big interrupting issue will is, but on this thing lately, he is so disrespectful. So I apologize.
Speaker 3: Yeah, dude, I'm gonna be honest with you.
Speaker 2: I uh, we're not calling Ryan Mallet right now. I have him on the podcast. That's for damn sure. Yeah, you definitely you definitely swung a hit a home run on that one. Good on you, buddy, I'm happy for you played. Uh, I went one and three against Michigan State. I don't know if you know that. But did you play with William Golston? Did you play with him?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Do you do you remember when he punched me in the face?
Speaker 8: I do.
Speaker 7: I remember I got and that's what you know.
Speaker 4: People talk about it.
Speaker 7: But that's why I love it, man, That's what made it a rivalry.
Speaker 6: To make senseful, is that kind of extracurricular stuff?
Speaker 2: Correct me if I'm wrong, But is there not a better feeling than when you're going to play Michigan and we're going to play you guys like there's that Like the week of you just don't even go to class, You just lock in watch film and the hype before the game. Michigan players are kicking at the middle of the Spartan head. You guys are coming around trying to knock down our banner. It's it's wild. People are punches, just good American boys that were the number seventy seven and the amazing Blue has never done anything wrong in his entire life. It's a beautiful thing, man, It's a There's nothing like that rivalry because like Michigan had you know we had a house state, which is supposed to be the biggest one.
Speaker 4: We had, y'all. Oh yeah, Notre Dame.
Speaker 2: But for me, ever since William Golsen punched me in the face here, there's nothing I want more than the Michigan is the dummy of Michigan State.
Speaker 3: Every single year.
Speaker 4: Well I grew up in the state.
Speaker 8: I grew up in the state, would have loved have been recruited by their school, wasn't recruited by him.
Speaker 6: Play against them?
Speaker 4: And I know, and I'm still a resident of Michigan.
Speaker 8: All my years of the Redskins, all my yars of the Vikings, I keep the Michigan driver's rights, my residence of Michigan.
Speaker 4: So I if we had it done well against I.
Speaker 6: Gotta face it the rest of my life.
Speaker 8: So I really hold on to that whole thing about you walk the street through the alleys each year, whoever you know, whoever wins, whoever loses, and so you know you still live that every every day back in the state when you run.
Speaker 4: Into people who are you know, your part and to Wolverine.
Speaker 6: So it's uh, and I knew that on a plan. I mean, you felt that pressure like.
Speaker 4: Man like today's games. Yeah, it's gonna change my life.
Speaker 7: It's gonna change my life one way or another.
Speaker 4: And here we go, and uh, you gotta love it.
Speaker 5: Do you think Michigan looks back and they're like, man, we should have got Kirk Cousins or do you.
Speaker 1: Do you feel like you were still the toper hired?
Speaker 8: I mean, if you want to go into the football, and if they hired Soloy Carr, obviously iconic in Michigan, you know so much respect.
Speaker 4: You know, we'll get an offer from him, it's a big deal.
Speaker 8: But he retired after what would have been my freshman year, so they hired rich Rodriguez. I'm thinking Rich Rodriguez says, even if we had offered Kirk Cousins of scholarship, I'm not playing him like I'm gonna get my guy at Nard Robinson, guy who's run, a guy who's athletics. So I probably would have been transferring or been kind of stuck behind somebody far more athletic than me. So it all worked out because if they had hired Rich Rodriguez, it wouldn't have been good for me.
Speaker 4: I know that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true, that's true.
Speaker 5: Fast forward, fast forward, after your Michigan State days. You're drafted fourth round behind the chosen one, Robert RG three. You know, we got to go down this rabbit hole of what that transition was like when you started to become you like that and kind of that dynamic of climbing that ladder when you know that DC wanted RG three to work out so bad.
Speaker 6: Well, the way I always do it was my best.
Speaker 8: Case scenario when I was happy with this scenario was to play well in.
Speaker 4: Pre season games in the third and fourth quarter.
Speaker 6: That maybe another team takes notice.
Speaker 8: And then after probably two to three years, I get traded and I thought, that's a great deal and I.
Speaker 4: Can go somewhere else.
Speaker 8: I'm in a good spot and so I always felt like that was a good scenario for me. I love that I got to play for Mike Shanahan, so I thought, I'm in a good spot here.
Speaker 4: To kind of learn the ropes.
Speaker 8: I thought it was awesome that I got to kind of because I wasn't ready to play. Robert was ready to play and he proved that being with C the year, but I wasn't ready to play.
Speaker 4: I needed to be able to sit and so it.
Speaker 6: Kind of was a good fit I just never thought.
Speaker 4: It being Washington.
Speaker 8: And then as things played out, coaches changed and injuries.
Speaker 4: Happened, and just life happens.
Speaker 8: Is you know, suddenly I'm starting in Washington and then I'm there starts for a few years. So this league is crazy and you can say that, but when you actually live it, it's a whole different deal. And yeah, and you you heard me say you liked that. I think in practice, long before I ever seen it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Do We had so much fun.
Speaker 2: You said that before you did it, before the thing. We Yeah, we had a blast in the red redskin.
Speaker 7: I mean we were always chipped.
Speaker 4: We were always.
Speaker 8: Surfing in ocage or surfing in training game. If I remember, always looking back at the coaches defense and just.
Speaker 4: Kind of running my mouth.
Speaker 5: Yeah, dude, you would run your mouth in like the most fun loving way too. It's like yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, oh yeah, man, god damn it, I won't even yeah, gosh, you won't even curse.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 7: But so then when I did it.
Speaker 8: When I did it in the game, I didn't think anything on it because I had been doing it.
Speaker 4: But I guess you forget it.
Speaker 8: Sometimes there's cameras and sometimes there's not. When there's cameras changes the whole game. And so uh, yeah it was on camera. Next thing, you know, it's everywhere. Yeah, I was just seeing me And sometimes, you know, I wish I didn't know there were cameras around more often because I feel like a different Kurt comes out. But sometimes when the cameras are on, you're like guarded and you just don't want to think you're put in your mouth, especially in today's culture, and so you're just so protective and nobody ever gets to see the real youth. So that's why I appreciate the podcast, so you can just kind of let your hair down and be yourself and.
Speaker 2: Raise Yeah, man, when you have eighty seven million dollars guaranteed, but you don't have to worry about my studio, no, honestly.
Speaker 1: Talking about that. You know, you're one.
Speaker 5: You're like the only guy to have a guaranteed contract of that like magnitude. Uh when people like, yeah, but he was making bank on his franchise tag too, like the Yeah, explain obviously you make a lot of money, but explain that mentality And I don't even know if it's pressure, Like you can walk me through this but the dynamic that would go on the few years that you're under the franchise tag, especially in a media market like DC, Like I always think about the time we were playing golf and your stuff's going on, and you're talking about, you know, going to training camp.
Speaker 1: And you're obviously yeah, I'm definitely going to.
Speaker 5: Training camp, and it's just so awkward being in some of these standstill stages of a situation like that. Talk about the mentality and the pressure that kind of came with being a franchise tag guy year in and year.
Speaker 8: Out, Yeah, you know, it's it kind of was what it was. I just felt I kind of shrugged my shoulders dead and said, look, there's a lot of different ways to play this.
Speaker 4: This is the way it's kind of played out.
Speaker 8: I felt peats about the decision I made time, I didn't feel unrest. In fact, if I had done anything different, I probably would have felt unrest. So the fact that I just felt eached and felt somewhat settled about the decision I had made, even if it meant that I was gonna have to be figuring it out again when the season ended, I can't get it allowed me to just kind.
Speaker 4: Of play and not worry about it.
Speaker 8: And I guess it just helps it that teams are always looking for quarterback, it doesn't seem like they've got an oversupply of them.
Speaker 6: So I felt like, look, if I've shown I can play, I can go year to year and and I just don't.
Speaker 8: Feel like I'm risking all that much because between an insurance policy and and the fact that team's need quarterback, the mass would just say that I'm better off just playing year to year and letting it play.
Speaker 6: Out as it does.
Speaker 4: So obviously I look back now and I think it worked out really well. But yeah, but everybody deals with that. I mean when guys are.
Speaker 8: Playing you know you you were undrafted, playing for Equanimenment, fighting every year and like that.
Speaker 4: That's pressure.
Speaker 8: That's a grind in training camp to try to figure out where your future is going.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure, And dide I feel you your your your mental fortitude about that. You guard your mind, you do, you do a great job of that.
Speaker 5: I've actually picked a lot of stuff from Bryan on you know, learning to do that kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: But when you lose, when me and you when we were losing.
Speaker 5: Games and people are bringing that stuff up, you really still felt at peace all the time, like there was no there was no pressure around anything that thought.
Speaker 1: You know, I mean, I wish this, either team or anything would have my back. You probably thought they did. And I'm not trying to talk you in any corner.
Speaker 5: I'm just trying to fucking down and talk to the boy, like we're at the training table swapping stories.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 8: I felt like I felt like, yeah, certainly, you know, hey, I wish this had been done differently. But look, there were there were conversations, I mean with guys like Scott mccluan where you just realized, hey, they have a certain view point, there, certain position.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I think even since then, Scott's been public about it, saying, you know, I wanted to pay Kirk a certain amount and I didn't want to pay him anymore, and you know that that was that, and that said that's fine, Like I don't care, that's fine, but I think the market, if I was allowed to be a free agent, would pay me more.
Speaker 4: And so until you're willing to let me.
Speaker 8: Go to the market and see what my value is, maybe I'm wrong, maybe it's less, but I would like to go to the market.
Speaker 4: And if you're not going to let me. Then I'm going to sit and wait until you do let me.
Speaker 8: And then they decided, I guess eighteen, to let me go to the market. And I went to the market and I went to whatever the market dictated.
Speaker 4: And that's just the way it is. That's just free agency.
Speaker 8: It's not complicated.
Speaker 4: It's just for two years they wouldn't let me go to the market. I said, that's fine, you know, don't don't let me go.
Speaker 2: You know, was there any time you were like frustrated with that situation, like let me just go, because there's got to be something we said about sitting there and having some sort of stability, like when you sell in Minnesota, you're like, Okay, I know for the next three years, I have, I have a home, I'm raising a family. Like I'm good, we can we can seat of shot gos have a way of a foundation instead of being like, you know, playing out your contract starting getting franchise tag, getting franchise tag again. When you were going to that second franchise tag, were you like, man, I wish they just you know, obviously you probably just wish like, hey, just let me go so I can do my thing, or did you know Redskins.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, I did.
Speaker 8: I felt like if we won, I'd still be there. You know, we went seven and nine a year before I left. I just felt like the team said, hey, you know, seven and nine isn't what we're trying to be and uh uh and so let's let's move on. And uh.
Speaker 4: You know, I think if we had gone.
Speaker 8: Eleven and five, I'd probably still be there. And uh and that's fine. You know, life takes a different turns and.
Speaker 4: And I feel like I'm in Minnesota for a reason and I feel really good about it.
Speaker 8: And you know, yeah, long term contracts are nice, but as you guys know, things change so fast and you just never really know.
Speaker 4: Man. You mean, guys get traded.
Speaker 8: You just never know what the what the next year is gonna ring with injuries and stuff. It's just a crazy league.
Speaker 9: And even when you have a guaranteed contract, it's kind of like I'm sitting there with no butterflies the four games.
Speaker 8: I mean, you still got those those pre game jitters like everybody else, because it matters to you, and it's a it's a crazy league and it's it's a grind.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: We always joke about it because Rabel, like, we'll be in our squad meetings and he'll kind of nobody. Nobody is an exception to not chupat or used as an example, like one time Taylor had an off day in practice and raabels up there showing film the Boy to day for the Boy and Vrabel showing film and he's like, hey, bro, how much are we paying you?
Speaker 1: Like you got to block this guy? Like shit like that.
Speaker 5: So obviously, yeah, it's no non butterflies in the stomach. But one thing I do, I do uh am curious about how important was the guaranteed contract?
Speaker 1: Like you were one of the only guys, if not the.
Speaker 5: Only guy, especially on that level, that has a guaranteed contract. Everyone knows that you got offered more money by other teams in the mix. I know Jets were one of them. How important was that guaranteed contract? And what was kind of the language you were having with your agent and stuff. You just that was just non negotiable for you to make that happen, and it kind of changed the layout of hopefully moving forward. Guys kind of get more of a deal that you have.
Speaker 8: Well, this is why it's so important to have a good agent who knows what you're doing, because they're just like there's good and bad football players, there's good and bad agents, and uh, you got to have a good agent. And so my agent, right when the season ended and I it looked like I'd probably be franchise tag got spring for the first time. He said, the only way you're not getting franchise tag, in my opinion, is if you do a three year deal. If the Redskins are willing to do a three year deal, it's fully guaranteed. And so that was that was basically he started the conversation right away that that was his vision. And obviously the numbers were a lot numbers were a lot lower at that point because salary cap was lower and it was a few years ago. But that was his vision all along, and I just don't believe that, you know, the Redskins agreed with that vision or caught out of that vision again, which is fine, that's their prerogative.
Speaker 4: And we went on and it was just kind of that same.
Speaker 8: Focus of let's try to do a three year deal, fully guaranteed with whoever you know is in the conversation, and and you know, fortunately the Vikings were willing to do that.
Speaker 4: As well, and that made it work.
Speaker 8: And you know, we took a little less per year to get that, and that's fine. You got to give some to get some, And ultimately I felt like taking a little less per year actually made some sense, you know, to help create a little bit of salary cap room and.
Speaker 4: Just you know, you know, be fair to the rest of the locker room. So I think it worked out for a lot of reasons. And yeah, I think it worked for a lot of reasons.
Speaker 8: And time will tell, you know, if that's the best structure to do in the future, depending on how well I play in what situation I'm in at that time. But it was something my agent brought up, but I said, hey, I'm all for it. It's kind of weird that every other professional sports league seems to have fully guaranteed contracts and we don't, so let's try to create that a little bit. And I always felt like it's only going to make a difference if everybody comes after me choose to do that same structure. But you know the reality is that you know, Aaron and Matt Ryan and throwing the guys spot after me, that just wasn't the structure they supposed to.
Speaker 4: Do and that's fine.
Speaker 8: They get more, you know, I guess they get more dollars per year, and then they give up to guarantees and that's okay by them, I guess. But the guarantee at least in this deal, we're just something I wanted.
Speaker 4: To try and see we could do it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And if you if you heard in your answer, like you know, maybe it sorry to take a little less money so we can get more guys in the locker room. Did you just throw me a mill on the side. I'll come play for you guys for free.
Speaker 4: I would love to have you.
Speaker 7: Actually, I may have to get.
Speaker 8: This.
Speaker 4: He's to let me tell you, I had to get this in at some point.
Speaker 7: Now is your time of dreams.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know him, I know him. A lot of people out there probably don't know him. Will Compston.
Speaker 6: In all my years high school, college, Thros is.
Speaker 8: The best, most dynamic leader I've ever played with.
Speaker 4: And I'll just let that send sit there and just let it be.
Speaker 7: I don't need to expound out.
Speaker 4: It too much. But the reality is he is a natural leader.
Speaker 8: He gets up in the morning, rolls out of bed, and he leaves with his personality, with.
Speaker 4: His work, ethic with his approach to professionalism. That's who he is.
Speaker 8: And you see his fun side here in the podcast, but when he's down the field, he plays with heart when you leave, when he brings people together from different backgrounds and he connects to the locker room and he makes it fun and he brings the soft side and a hard side to work and I love it. So that's why I'm on this podcast now with the respect I have for Will. And uh, there's.
Speaker 7: Thirty two teams out there, there's about twenty nine.
Speaker 4: If probably don't know him that well, take you take a look at him, dude.
Speaker 1: I love that. I appreciate you. Taylor's just staring at Taylor's staring at me.
Speaker 2: Oh you guys, the way Will's acted the less great guy. But no stopping before you before you compliment, because you don't need to because you're probably wrong. Let me let me just say, as much as I hate to a minute, you're absolutely right. Will does have the work ethic. He does everything right, and it's not his fault.
Speaker 3: He's white. You know, God got it.
Speaker 1: That's why I love that. Do we have the podcast because we can say.
Speaker 2: Shita, you gotta hell, you can't fight the guy.
Speaker 3: But no, you're right, dude. I think Will and I.
Speaker 2: I mean I know for a fact, Will and I in the beginning of this whole thing, before the podcast before I think we like we linked up like three days in him being with the Titans.
Speaker 3: I see what you see, man, He works his ass off.
Speaker 2: He's a great guy, and he's willing to have fun with the boys, but he knows how to be a leader.
Speaker 3: He knows how to go into a locker room.
Speaker 2: And have fun and at the same time go in the field chirp the boys and also get a lot of stuff done. So I think, well, the guy, the fact that you're making Yeah, did I appreciate both of you guys?
Speaker 1: One thing I want.
Speaker 8: To If I'm a GM, I may only pay him weak minimum, but.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna he's in.
Speaker 1: My locker room. Hey, man, he's he's grit, super gritty, lunch pail to work first and last out, high, high, high motor, even though I get very tired quickly, but apparently I have a high motor.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 5: That's funny. How structured is your life still? Do you still do every fifteen minutes as a written down?
Speaker 4: You know what?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 8: That kind of took its on, you know, don't let get in a way of a good story.
Speaker 4: But I did that initially because.
Speaker 8: My wife, you know, wanted me to have a little more of a plan. She felt like I was, you know, it was hard for her.
Speaker 7: I was never present.
Speaker 4: I was kind of even when I was home, I was.
Speaker 8: At work, if you know what I mean, absolutely, well, can you kind of can you kind of plan it out so that, you know, I know, when we can have time together. So I kind of sat down and.
Speaker 4: Said, all right, let's go fifteen minutes through the day from get up to go to bed. Did that for the first year. You know, there was the second year of our marriage, and it really helped.
Speaker 8: And so I'll do a lot of questions about, well, why did you play better this year?
Speaker 4: What happened?
Speaker 8: I said, well, you know, I think I have a little more structure, little more routine planning that out help. Next thing, you know, it was like Cousins is psychotic.
Speaker 2: He plans every every minute, absycle path killer every yeah.
Speaker 1: And then and then what's funny is like I've.
Speaker 8: Heard I've heard Tom Brady kind of does the same thing or has done something like that.
Speaker 4: In terms of planning ahead, and if you win, then you're.
Speaker 8: Like, oh my goodness, he said the professionally, he planed it out.
Speaker 4: And then when you go seven and nine and do that, he's a weirdo. He's too rigid. He can't play.
Speaker 1: And yeah, he's got to get he's got to get more loose. He's got to be more loose. How's that shame? How's Julie doing?
Speaker 9: Man?
Speaker 1: How's the fan? How's how's everything? Kind of change? You got got a squad with you.
Speaker 6: Now, that's right?
Speaker 4: I got boys in my own. No, the fam is good, really great.
Speaker 9: I think we just we just reached our five year anniversary, so that's a good thing.
Speaker 1: Congratulations.
Speaker 4: We've got a year and a half year old.
Speaker 9: And a four months older, so they're just about a year and just about seventeen months apart.
Speaker 4: And uh, we got our hands full.
Speaker 8: And but I think I'm done. Man, two boys. Uh, I can't imagine having a third kid right now.
Speaker 5: So well that you're if you're done, then you might as well just show at this thing off and get a super Bowl.
Speaker 4: We did very capful, sir.
Speaker 1: Hey, how about this? Would you get a would you get a viseectomy for a Super Bowl. Yeah, I would get.
Speaker 4: One, then reverse it and get one again, then reverse it.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I got The thing about vasectomies is like, as soon as I'm done having kids, I got a two year old, tirthdays for asking and we'll think about I think orchards as well. But when I'm done, the minute we're done, I'm gonna go to the doctor and say, take what you need take Would you.
Speaker 3: Leave me enough?
Speaker 2: Because the thing is is like I don't want to be that guy. That's like kids are graduating, you're looking in the future, and you're like, man, I got like a at least twenty years of my life left. I get to go did it? And then all of a sudden she started again something like that, and you got.
Speaker 3: In your fifteen year old, a thirteen year.
Speaker 2: Old and a six month year old, and your grandfather fathering a child.
Speaker 4: Call that my baby. Yeah, oops, baby, dude, baby oops. Yeah.
Speaker 8: For me, you know my goal when I came in the league and when I got married.
Speaker 4: I said, you know, I really want to play.
Speaker 8: Long enough that I have a son or a daughter who can watch me play and remember it.
Speaker 7: And even better would be if they.
Speaker 8: Can come to training camp, practice and play catch afterwards, and you know that whole thing. And so I'm getting close to you know, my my oldest probably needs a few more years. But uh, if I could, if I could realize that dream and then retire, I'd be a pretty happy man at retirement.
Speaker 1: I love that, dude.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one more years, man, you're you might play with one of your kids.
Speaker 7: Being a quarterback, you never know.
Speaker 1: You did a hell of a job. But getting only three years on a deal, what's next?
Speaker 3: Where are you going?
Speaker 4: What's next for me?
Speaker 6: For this summer, for life, for life?
Speaker 3: After the nights you play for Minnesota Vikings? What do you want to play next? Go back to the Redskins?
Speaker 4: You know? But man, here's what I learned. Here's what I learned, and you don't know this, so you have to do it. I say, you're talking.
Speaker 8: About playing one year deals earlier. It's way harder to leave a city, a.
Speaker 7: System, teammates, the locker room.
Speaker 8: That you know, and move across the country and start over, even if it is on a long term deal. Doubt, and to play than to play in a place you've already been on success at one year deals, that's a lot easier. So I have no desire to have to get up and pack up and move again and start over. You know, if I had my brothers, I would be in Minnesota for the long haul.
Speaker 4: But I got to earn that. And there's probably a lot of Viking fans who were hoping in Brano. I don't end up in Minnesota for the long haul. I'm hoping.
Speaker 1: Hell, yeah, you go twelve and four. Kirk Cousins is the missing piece. He's gonna take us to the top. God, I'm sure you get enough of that too.
Speaker 3: I get what you're saying.
Speaker 6: I have.
Speaker 3: I haven't had to go through a transition of moving to a different team.
Speaker 2: But they're gonna need They're gonna need a fucking army to get me out of here. Dude, I've I've played on my roots in Nashville. I'm not going anywhere, my babies. I'm staying as long as I gotta drag it. I'll get dragged out of that place. I gotta figure it out.
Speaker 5: Redskins friend, Kirk Cousins, Yeah, he makes a lot of money. Sure, Titans. I hey, they shipped the boy off. Okay, whatever, Hey Taylor, he's he's gonna sign a big deal. This is my next opportunity.
Speaker 2: Stop musing me. Yeah, this conversation earlier. Get back to Kirk's coattails. I'm done with it. I know right you're you're about to have a third son because I'm giving you will, Kirk.
Speaker 1: I'll come. I'll come, take the family pass and go watch him at practice.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Can drive my kids back and forth and I'll put them to work.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 2: See I try to put them to work. He just says no and then goes home the next day ask more money.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for the bus.
Speaker 3: It's crazy, it's crazy.
Speaker 1: I get this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let me get this this for the bust after the bus.
Speaker 5: Uh, dude, you just finished up a couple of football camps. You actually added one, right, You did one Minnesota.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we did Minnesota and then Michigan and middle school kids.
Speaker 4: It's a lot of fun, and then we do a high school.
Speaker 5: Dude, I know it's a lot of fun, but I know that is a grind trying to do a couple camps, like I had one in Missouri and then did Nebraska. After I did Nebraska, I was like, hey, I want to go back to just doing one because this is a lot of work.
Speaker 6: It's a lot of work.
Speaker 8: It's a lot of time, and you're doing the summer, so you're outside and the heat of the day all day.
Speaker 4: But uh, we have fun with it.
Speaker 8: I got a lot of great health, so I can just kind of have fun with it and walk around and high five the kids and uh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, we get a lot of positive feedback. I love it.
Speaker 8: I think it's something we kind of stumbled into after my rookie year that I just kind of thought of and he falls. Over the years, we've added elements to it. But uh, it's been a blast to do it and and hopefully I'm hoping we can do it long after I'm done playing my goal. I tell the other coaches the camp, I say, we got to make this stamp so fun that some day the kirk Cousins football camp get go to it and they say, I have no idea who kirk Cousins is, but he puts on a great camp.
Speaker 9: Dude.
Speaker 5: That's a solid goal right there. That's a solid goal. You do it, and you do it for the you do it for Julian kirk Cousins Foundation. Talk about that for a minute before we get out, before.
Speaker 1: We let you have the phone.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you know, after our financial situation changed so much from the franchise tags and the and the and then three year contract in Minnesota, it just became clear that, you know, we ought to start a foundation. And we had already been you know, very generous, but at you know, smaller levels and not as public.
Speaker 4: And then uh, you know.
Speaker 8: This foundation kind of get us opportunity to hopefully you know, tell a story with our giving and highlight a lot of the organizations we believe in.
Speaker 4: And and really be.
Speaker 8: Able to you know, increase our platform if you will allow other people to partner with us and our giving.
Speaker 6: And so it's been a great thing.
Speaker 4: We've we've been added out about a.
Speaker 8: Year with the Julian Kirk Cousins Foundation, and uh, you know, we're just continuing to try to look for a great organizations to partner with and.
Speaker 7: For you know, gid ways to really use our.
Speaker 4: Foundation to make a difference for the for the good. So you know, something we continue to grow.
Speaker 7: Hopefully there's more.
Speaker 4: Football contact up ahead so we can keep throwing the foundation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no doubt, man. I will we appreciate you coming on.
Speaker 5: You're like the first phone interview we've actually done on busting with the Boys. Like we've done some on our callbacks, but you're the first like episode that we've done.
Speaker 4: I love it great.
Speaker 6: Hopefully it went well enough that you can have more in the.
Speaker 7: Future and don't be afraid to invite me back.
Speaker 4: And uh yeah, a lot of fun. You guys do a great job.
Speaker 8: I mean, it's not easy to do a podcast. I would know I've done one, and you.
Speaker 6: Guys do a great job. I wish you well going forward.
Speaker 1: Thanks a lot.
Speaker 3: I appreciate that. Kirk.
Speaker 2: Anytime you're in Nashville, come hit usup, buddy. We'll put you on the Boys for real.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna take you up on that. I usually get to Nashville once and off seasons.
Speaker 7: It's like.
Speaker 1: The bus. I can't wait.
Speaker 3: You come on the bus. We'll go to Losers. Well, Hey, it'll be amazing.
Speaker 5: We'll have Kirk Cousins do a shot. Hey, guys, never seen before. Kirk Cousins are gonna We're gonna make it happen.
Speaker 2: We'll get you real drunk and we'll videos get the whole thing. Dude, we'll sell the teams. It'll be fun, we'll have a good time with it.
Speaker 3: It'll be amazing.
Speaker 4: I love it perfect, wait, can't wait.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much, but I'll talk to you soon, all right.
Speaker 2: Fun fact that was Will Compton interviewing Kirk Cousins.
Speaker 1: Is this what's happening?
Speaker 3: You're not the boy have a chance to ask a questions?
Speaker 1: I'm sorry dude.
Speaker 2: Times that podcast, You're like, Hey, one thing I wanted to ask you, how many one things do you want to ask the guy dude about?
Speaker 3: Yeah, here's what I want to ask you, was you don't want one thing? I'm going to figure out though.
Speaker 2: One thing I want to ask myself is how can I cannot fucking read that?
Speaker 4: Dude? Let me?
Speaker 1: Yeah, ig the dude here's okay, So let me speak for a second.
Speaker 2: Number one, I apologize, okay, because that's the first apology I've had in a week.
Speaker 1: Genuinely, I'm thinking of my mind.
Speaker 5: You might not like, think or care about the whole Redskins dynamic that was going on.
Speaker 3: It ain't that serious, dude. It was more of a joke than anything else you did. You want?
Speaker 1: Well, I can still apologize how.
Speaker 3: Many on this? And I'm not going to talk to you Jo