Speaker 1: Second day. It's kind of sweet to think about. But your mom is with you through some of the biggest moments of your life, you know, Yeah, like when you took your very first steps, when you scored your first goal in soccer. In my case, when I scored with Paula Ratchatowski in tenth grade. Yaha, boy got to second base and mom was right there holding my hand away.
Speaker 2: Now, this is how.
Speaker 1: I know you're wondering which hand And don't be gross. Okay, it was the other hand.
Speaker 3: I don't know that that.
Speaker 2: Makes it better. That makes it worse than my head.
Speaker 1: God, It's a memory that I'll never forget, and.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna forget it either.
Speaker 1: Now't IM glad to be able to share it with all of you. But one of our listeners, Lucas, says he may have met the one and his mom was there to see it. Lucas, he gets a third.
Speaker 4: About that.
Speaker 2: You can hang up right now.
Speaker 1: I'm glad to hear somebody else is close with their mom, But tell us.
Speaker 2: I know it was my dad.
Speaker 3: Actually, you guys, get onto who this one is. I want to know what it sounds important.
Speaker 1: Tell us about the woman that you met.
Speaker 5: What's her name Tracy knockout, knockout.
Speaker 1: Okay, where did you meet Tracy?
Speaker 4: We met at a winery. It was my mom's birthday and she loves wine and she loves when I take her out for her birthday.
Speaker 1: That's a good mom. Yeah, so that's what you mean by your mom was there for?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah, she was totally there for.
Speaker 6: And Tracy's like your age, not your mom's like friend that came along for the birthday celebration.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 4: She was the hostess. Okay, she was so friendly. I took it. Maybe was this flirteen, Maybe was this sort of feeling it out, you know. And halfway through the meal she comes over and she asked how everything was going, and I said, if you're wondering, we're not dating. This is my mom.
Speaker 3: That's pretty funny joke.
Speaker 4: I don't think it landed because it was like her face turned red. It was awkward. My mom looked at me and almost spit out her whine.
Speaker 3: Oh no, even mom didn't think you were funny. That's never a good sign.
Speaker 2: She just kissed her passionately and been like, don't worry, that's.
Speaker 7: My mom, right.
Speaker 1: I mean, in your defense, man, it's hard to come off looking suave and smooth while your mom is sitting right next to you.
Speaker 2: No one is smooth in front of their mommy.
Speaker 6: It's also hard to know, like when staff likes you or if they're just trying to get a good tip.
Speaker 4: You know, I think you're right, And I mean she laughed afterwards, and then I think I just realized she was just being a professional hostess, but like I was totally trying to impress her. I was talking about wines with her, and that's where it sort of I found that opening. I think that was a connection.
Speaker 2: Brow It's just effort. You're trying, even if you're not funny, You're you're trying.
Speaker 3: To make her, You're playful, you're.
Speaker 2: Giving out positive vibes. I think that's the most important to people.
Speaker 3: It's a good look like that you're taking your mom out for her birthday, you know, like that's a good lin.
Speaker 1: So how were you you able to establish a connection with Tracy?
Speaker 4: Okay, so later on in the dinner, we're winding up and I go over to Tracy and I asked her, could you put the candles on the birthday cake that I brought? And she said, you are so sweet, and that's when I knew that was my opening and yes, so I said, love to hang out. She agreed, She gave me her number, and then her boss all of a sudden needed her to go away, and I said, bye, and we will communicate later.
Speaker 3: Hit you up.
Speaker 1: You will communicate, We will establish correspondence.
Speaker 3: My people will call your people, send a messenger does.
Speaker 4: Sorry my science background, so no worries.
Speaker 1: Man, We're just joking around with you. So you were able to get her number.
Speaker 4: So yeah, we texted for like a couple of days, and we set a date for actual meet up, and like at the last minute the day before she said, oh, you know, I'm sorry, I have to cancel. And then a couple of days later nothing And have no idea why I'm getting ghosted, but I am. And I'd love for you guys to maybe help and figure this out.
Speaker 6: I just talking about this because he was talking about how he always gets canceled on I think the last three days, and it just seems like it's part of like dating.
Speaker 2: Right, I think it is part of the culture. Maybe like taking us sucks. I mean for me, I'm sure it is my fault, but for you, I'm sure it's just dating.
Speaker 1: In general, brow, Is there anything that you could think of from the date that you would think might be a red flag to her?
Speaker 4: I don't think so, because she wouldn't have given her number, and I couldn't imagine there's anything I did or it said, or came across as being rude ring like that. No, And like I said, she's a knockout beautiful. So maybe she has a bunch of guys in her dating Q And you know, why would she why would she spend time with me?
Speaker 2: I don't know somebody, she definitely does have a bunch of dudes.
Speaker 6: Brown works, because that doesn't mean that you don't deserve a shot.
Speaker 3: And you sound awesome.
Speaker 1: You could be the best of the bunch of dudes. We'll play a song, we'll come back, and we're going to establish correspondence with Tracy. We will communicate with her and figure out why she's not calling you back, why she canceled on you at the last second. It's not cool. We'll do it right after this when we do your second date update. Hold on then.
Speaker 6: Date. You're in the middle of a second ate update update, and we're gonna find out how the couple is doing right after you here Part two.
Speaker 1: They say one of the keys to impressing a woman is to do something excellent in her presence, And I feel like just listening to Lucas's story today, you know, he may not sound like the most suave guy in the world, but the fact that he walked up to the hostess that day and said, hey, baby girl, I brought some special candles for my mama's birthday. I don't can you grab these from me? Oh? Put them on top of her moist birthday cake he has.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean if it was maybe somebody else's cake.
Speaker 1: Don't listen to her, Lucas, that was a pro move.
Speaker 2: No, you don't use mom and moist in the same Yeah you do.
Speaker 1: You're no amateur, Lucas. You are a suave man.
Speaker 4: I am, Yes, I am.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right. That's the confidence I'm talking about. Anyway, him and Tracy never really ended up having a date date, but he did get her phone number and they did set up a time when they're supposed to meet. She canceled though, right before it was supposed to happen. So we're gonna try and help him figure out why. You're ready, Lucas, you're gonna turn the charm up to eleven for.
Speaker 4: Us, charm up to eleven. But I can't say that. I'm not nervous.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeah, I mean you're super likable. You seem awesome. I think we can do this.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Are you ready? Man, We're gonna call Tracy here.
Speaker 4: I'm ready, I'm ready.
Speaker 1: All right, Here we go.
Speaker 8: Hello.
Speaker 1: Hey, is this Tracy? Yes, Hey Tracy. My name is jeff from the radio show Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. How you doing.
Speaker 7: I'm okay.
Speaker 4: You're from a radio show.
Speaker 1: A morning radio show.
Speaker 3: Hey, Tracy.
Speaker 1: Hi, Hey, And we do a segment on our show called a second Date Update. That's where we help our listeners reconnect with people after they've gone out on a date. Now, you didn't go out with this guy on an official date yet, but you were supposed to. His name's Lucas.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 7: Oh here reach do you?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: He was excited about you.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Oh my god. This is really embarrassing.
Speaker 1: Embarrassed for you, for him.
Speaker 7: I don't think I should talk about her.
Speaker 3: Are you in a relationship and he didn't know or something? No?
Speaker 7: No, no, I just oh god, I don't want to say I just like I don't want to embarrass him.
Speaker 3: Yea, he told us about the terrible jokes he made.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he said he laughed though I did, okay. And not only that, he said that you gave him your phone number, and you guys actually set up a time to meet, but you canceled at the last second.
Speaker 4: Well, it's just it's.
Speaker 7: Been a lot since we met that day.
Speaker 2: It's been a lot, a lot.
Speaker 7: Like he seems like a really sweet and since you're a nice guy, I'm sure he is.
Speaker 3: It's just why are you convince yourself?
Speaker 1: Did he come off like too much of a player? Because I kind of I kind of got that vibe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, sometimes.
Speaker 7: It's funny. You mentioned his mom, So in the days afterwards, like I started to get some text messages from her.
Speaker 1: What from Lucas's mom?
Speaker 7: Yes, huh, I really don't. I don't know how she could have gotten my number. Maybe they lived together.
Speaker 2: Why would he give it to her?
Speaker 3: What you about?
Speaker 1: What was she saying to you?
Speaker 7: She like texted me if she could call me, and I felt awkward, so I answered up answering and ended up talking what what about? She said, Look, if I'm going to be frank, your boobs are too big.
Speaker 3: Comment, Wait, his body shame you that?
Speaker 2: Hell my gosh.
Speaker 7: Yes, and Chris is like she has to be kidding, and she's like, well, I'm serious, and and she says, well, Lucas doesn't have much experience with that, and he's used to dating much smaller chested women.
Speaker 2: Like herself, Like he can't handle her.
Speaker 3: She did not bring herself. She did not say that.
Speaker 8: Yes, she did know.
Speaker 7: She's just like, your boobs are going to overwhelm him.
Speaker 3: You should have seen him when he was a baby. He didn't know, Like we had a hard time latching.
Speaker 2: And I'm imagining like sneaking out of the room and calling his mom like mom, I'm really overwhelmed. Right now? What do I do here?
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't think there's any way that Lucas could have possibly known that this was going to happen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I hope.
Speaker 3: I mean that's the one benefit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but well maybe he didn't know, because we should probably ask him. And that's why I need to tell you, Tracy, Lucas is on the other line right now.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, Oh my god.
Speaker 3: He needed to hear this. He really needed to hear this.
Speaker 5: Lucas there, Yeah, I heard everything, and my mother's in the room and I'm I'm.
Speaker 4: About to wait.
Speaker 3: Why is she need the room?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 4: It doesn't matter why she's in the at the room and I want to go talk to her right now. This is so embarrassing.
Speaker 1: Hold on, Lucas, did you know that your mom was texting Tracy?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: I had no idea.
Speaker 1: Sorry.
Speaker 6: I mean, is the boom is the boogas surprise for you, Lucas or is this a discussion you've had with your mom before?
Speaker 4: Complete surprise? And it probably comes from that magazine she found when I was seventy.
Speaker 2: No, you did not.
Speaker 3: Need to say that.
Speaker 7: Really, that does not help you.
Speaker 2: Whatever, guy, what a magazine even was? That's hilarious.
Speaker 1: I mean, Lucas, I really think you need to talk to Tracy here because she sounds pretty freaked out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and apologize.
Speaker 4: I am gonna apologize. Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Okay, can you focus on Tracy for a second, rip yourself away from your mom for two minutes.
Speaker 4: Sorry, everybody, I'm nervous. Tracy. I want you to listen to me. You made me laugh and you're the most beautiful woman I've ever met in my life. And when I walked in and I saw you gazed at me and you like two even.
Speaker 3: I think he's trying. Guys, he is your sweet Lucas.
Speaker 7: I feel like you're trying to. Maybe it's just a different experience. Maybe we're in just in areas of our lives. I'm like, you know, you're you're really close with your mom and more waste than one.
Speaker 4: I don't think that's funny, but sure.
Speaker 3: I mean, Tracy, you can hear he feels terrible. He had nothing to do with it.
Speaker 1: And we don't even know if that's true. That's just what his mom said. Lucas, what do you think could you handle a bigger parent?
Speaker 2: You got this, bro.
Speaker 1: Yeah, your mom doesn't believe in you, but.
Speaker 2: You can handle that, Luca.
Speaker 1: Tell her, Lucas, tell Tracy that you could handle her.
Speaker 4: Tracy, and can tell you this with one hundred percent certainty that your boobs will never overwhelm me.
Speaker 1: I'll look right in the eye, man, I could just see that in the wedding vows.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was really beautiful.
Speaker 1: It was, And I think this is a good time to ask Tracy. We would love to send you and Lucas out on another date. Mom will not be there. Yeah, A real one on one date and we will pay for it.
Speaker 2: Just don't bring a lot of cleavage.
Speaker 7: What do you say, Tracy, I mean I thought talking to his mom was the weirdest thing, really been strange. We have no I don't know, I don't know. Maybe we can keep texting for a little bit, see where it goes.
Speaker 4: Something.
Speaker 3: The door is still tracked open.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Lucas, Tracy, I would love to receive a text from you, and then I will send a text back, and then we can start all over.
Speaker 2: And and if.
Speaker 4: You want to send me a picture, that's totally fine.
Speaker 7: All right, that's not.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Maybe a good idea terrible timing.
Speaker 4: Maybe we can share a bottle of pinots.
Speaker 7: Wir charmer brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: All right, we've all been waiting for this. Tracy and Lucas are back once again to give all of us an update.
Speaker 3: Is his mom on the phone too, I don't know, Lucas.
Speaker 1: Is your mom there?
Speaker 4: Well, she's in the bathroom right now.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's hope that she stays there for this because we don't have a lot of time, but obviously we have a lot of questions we want to ask you too. But let's start with the simple one. Are you too currently together? Are you not together? Like, what's the relationship status?
Speaker 8: Yes, well we are back together?
Speaker 3: Wait? Back together?
Speaker 2: What does that means?
Speaker 8: I have to be real. I I was kind of hesitant to go out with Lucas again, and there was about a month before we even arranged you anything. I mean, there's just some exchanges, We had some texts and there were some nice things that he said. So I decide to go out with Lucas again.
Speaker 3: Lucas, how are you doing? It was a rave review right there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm doing really great, and I just want to you know, I have some news for everybody and the listeners and everything. And last week I actually asked her to be my girlfriend, like exclusively?
Speaker 1: Has she answered?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 4: Yes, I did.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, you guys are official.
Speaker 3: How does your mom feel about that?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 4: She loved it. She even paid for my backlax your backlax.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm not sure if we wanted to know about that, But the question that we did want to know the answer to Tracy was Lucas's mom.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: Was he not up for the challenge of handling a woman of your caliber?
Speaker 8: You know? I'm happy to say that his mom was one hundred wrongs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was totally nervous. I mean, here's what I did. I looked up tutorials on YouTube about like techniques and like, oh.
Speaker 8: My gosh, I don't need to know that.
Speaker 3: Okay, I know what you're nervous for, but now I do again.
Speaker 1: The tutorials paid off.
Speaker 4: Though, Oh my gosh. Yeah, I mean, actually, I'm going to start making a blog to help like other nervous guys.
Speaker 7: Okay, please don't do that.
Speaker 1: Get some diagrams. Well, good, keep us updated and let you know when your blog goes live so that Jose and I can check it out. I know we could use some pointers.
Speaker 2: Still, congratulations on your back, my friend.
Speaker 4: That was a joke. I was just kidding, joke.
Speaker 3: I didn't get it either. He's serious as well.
Speaker 1: Who's that all right?
Speaker 8: Broken Jeffrey in the morning,