Speaker 1: Good Morning Football is the production of the NFL in partnership with iHeartRadio Good Football.
Speaker 2: Welcome inside, Good Morning Football.
Speaker 3: Everybody, It's GMFB. We're live in LA and New York.
Speaker 2: Back to business on the East Coast, Thursday, March sixth I'm Jamie Rdall, who has very little work to do today because of all.
Speaker 3: The people that are going to be on the show. It's a wonderful thing.
Speaker 2: Cody Castler, DeMarco Farr, Kyle Brandt back in his home confines of his southern Manhattan condo, and Joshua Morrow at the table of Joshua. Okay, I'm going to put you on the spot if someone read a stat line on you on why they might recognize your face on television over the last thirty years, what would that be from?
Speaker 4: From Win Animals Attack. She's a very good it's for that show.
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 4: Now, I've been on The Young and the Rest Is for thirty years, so it's been a heck of a run.
Speaker 5: Very very blessed.
Speaker 4: Love my job, love my life, just very very and you love football more than anything in this world. I get paid to work out and make out.
Speaker 5: My life is football.
Speaker 3: Yeah, God, that is perfect? Is that what soap actresses have. Actors have on the bumper stickers of their car.
Speaker 2: We get paid to work out and makeout, but we will some of us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, so awesome to have you. We're gonna have some fun over the next couple of hours.
Speaker 2: My goodness, the NFL's has some fun with the news over the last twenty four hours. Ian Rappaport, our NFL Network insider, welcome back in Frankly, you could take the whole first segment if you wanted to.
Speaker 3: There's been so much news.
Speaker 2: But let's start with the fact that the negotiating window for free agents is inching smaller and smaller, and.
Speaker 3: It closes this Monday.
Speaker 2: This re agent class has a five time pro bowler available, It might have a wide receiver available.
Speaker 3: What's going on? Take us through the news, Bud.
Speaker 6: We'll start with the news surrounding some of the top edge rushers in the NFL.
Speaker 1: We'll start right there. Joey Bosa, one of.
Speaker 6: The faces of the Chargers franchise for the last decade, beyond the team nine years, five time pro bowler, a decorated, decorated pass rusher, was informed of.
Speaker 1: His release late last night.
Speaker 6: Really not much of a surprise, Bosa took a pay cut to stay with the Chargers last year, ends up saving them twenty five or so million dollars against the cap this year. Maybe there was some talk about doing some sort of reduction, was not to be, and I guess theoretically he could come back with the team under a different deal, but he is free. And I would say this, keep an eye on the fact that his brother Nick is with the San Francisco forty nine ers. They're in the market for an edge would be a nice heartwarming story one of the final years of Joey Bosa's career to play with his brother. Obviously, more on that over the next several days. And then Max Crosby became the highest paid edge rusher in the NFL. Not only that, the highest paid non quarterback.
Speaker 5: In the NFL.
Speaker 6: He agreed to terms on a three year, one hundred and six point five million dollar contract ninety one point five million dollars guaranteed.
Speaker 7: The key number here thirty.
Speaker 6: Five point five million dollars average per year on the extension based on new money, makes him the highest paid pass rusher. Sets the market for Michaeh. Parsons, helps Trey Hendrickson. Miles Garrett gets a little bit of a boost here. This is very good news for the pass rushers want to get paid.
Speaker 1: Ian I'm thrilled to hear it on a personal where Max Krosby's a friend of the show, is a fourth round pick out of the mac who has be legendary tattooed across his chest and he's doing exactly that. But let's go in to Seattle, home of the second or maybe third best national coffee chain, well behind Duncan. But we're talking about the Seahawks, all right, Tyler Lockett, All of a sudden, this venerable Seahawk is here, this cut is released, he's open and DK Metcalf says, I'd like to get out of here. Can you tell us what's going on with Seattle and the wide receivers?
Speaker 6: Yeah, similar dramatic day for the Seattle Salix. We'll start with Tyler Lockett, another one one of the faces of the franchise was do a huge number and actually still counts thirteen or so million dollars dead money against the cap. But this is one where you know you could sort of go back and forth, you could finagle, you could say, would he take a.
Speaker 1: Pay cut how much.
Speaker 6: It felt like this was time and he got the kind of sendoff from Seattle that you would want from a franchise icon as they called him on social media.
Speaker 1: It's truly what he is made some.
Speaker 6: Of the biggest plays of the decade for Seattle. He has now been informed that he is going to be free. He said, God, out of them they sink about him. It was a big group hug. It was a very warm thing for Seattle. But the main thing is Tyler Locket is free. And if you're Pete Carroll, you head coach the Las Vegas Raiders, maybe you need to compliment every receiver, someone who knows the system, soone knows your culture. This would make a lot of sense. And then there was dk Metcal, the star receiver for the Sea Hawks, who was up for a contract extension. Wants upwards of thirty million dollars per year. There's been some rumblings of would he be traded, would he be not? He met with Seattle for assiet yesterday. We requested a trade and they agreed to at least explore.
Speaker 1: And there are several teams.
Speaker 6: A lot of teams are going to be interested a couple of teams keep.
Speaker 4: An eye on.
Speaker 6: I would say the Chargers who have as old receivers coach Sanjay Lal, the Houston Texans would be one of them. Patriots always in the market four receiver, his old coach Pete Carrolls.
Speaker 1: They would be interested.
Speaker 6: Several several teams in the market Predcament Rapchi.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Patriots keep coming up as a team that wants a wide receivers for Drake May going into his second year as the quarterback.
Speaker 3: We appreciate you so much.
Speaker 2: And again, if anything changes in the next couple of hours, we will bring you right back.
Speaker 3: My god, there's so much happening.
Speaker 2: The storylines are building up, and the official free agent window Kyle hasn't even hit yet.
Speaker 3: What has you most intrigued? Right now? As we enter into the.
Speaker 2: Wild wild West of guys that are about to get paid and on different.
Speaker 1: Teams, the quarterbacks, I have no idea where the hell they're going.
Speaker 7: This is going to be so fun.
Speaker 1: Buckle up. This is not a quarterback carousel. This is a vomit comment like this crazy carnival ride where people are puke and funnel cakes on the side. I don't get how it's gonna happen. Here's why I look at this this draft. It doesn't have a ton of great quarterbacks. I look at that as fun. It's gonna be wild because of the scarcity and because of the desperation. It's like people showing up in the eighties to buy cabbage pass because with baseball bat so they get hit other people trying to take them. You need to get your quarterback, and there aren't that many. This ain't the twenty twenty four draft. Just go with me through the first seven picks of the draft. Tennessee needs one, Cleveland needs one, The Giants need one, The Pats and Jags don't. The Raiders need one, the Jets need one. I have five teams in the top seven who I think need a franchise quarterback. So the way it's supposed to work, and this is such perversely disgusting for me, but you're supposed to get a quarterback. If you have a crappy season. You sucked, you got destroyed, the fans got mad, people got fired. But it's okay because you're going to get a franchise quarterback. And if you show up last year, take your pick. Take Jaden, take Caleb, take Drake, Take two of them.
Speaker 7: If you want.
Speaker 1: We have so many. We got some in the back for you. Now it's like, all right, Cam Woard's gonna go early. He's gone. Let's say Schadur jumps up and goes early. That's two. I just said, there's five teams that need quarterbacks. So then you go, all right. Free agents. I'm not crazy about Sam Donald. I don't want all right. So if you're not, like, do you want Russell Wilson? Do you want to go into Aaron Rodgers? Do you want James? Do you want any of them? You have to pick one. There's no there's no either from the draft or free agency. You can't say nobody. Those are going to be starting quarterbacks next year. It is so different from last year. And I think it's gonna be volatile, aggressive. There's gonna be some backstabbing. People need their quarterbacks. It's like depriving them of water. If you deprive people of water, it's gonna get nuts. And here we are. It is not a carousel, it's a vomit commet and we're sub fifty days free agency frenzy. I call it, Jamie. This friends, is gonna be insane. People are gonna get hurt feelings, maybe hurt eye sockets. There's gonna be punches thrown. Get ready.
Speaker 2: It's like when people get strapped into those roller coasters, like, wait, I'm not sure I want.
Speaker 3: This to be double locked? Can I get off what you can?
Speaker 8: It's happening, gonna I'm gonna stick with quarterbacks right here, kyleer Tody. I'm going to oppose him a little bit where he say he didn't like Sam Donald. I like Sam Donald. Last year had forty three hundred yards thirty five passing touchdowns, goal for top five in the NFL. He led the Vikings to a fourteen and three regular season record. He goes out there and takes him to the playoffs, the number two seed in the NFC. I thought he played phenomenal throughout majority of the year. The unfortunate part was he was overshadowed by those last two games. Right now, they were bad. I do understand that, and there were some glaring issues.
Speaker 7: In those two games.
Speaker 8: But was that bad enough for him to not be paid, to not get another opportunity.
Speaker 7: I don't think so.
Speaker 8: I truly believe that Sam Donald deserves an opportunity to go to an organization. I don't think he stays with the Vikings, but he goes to an organization and has an opportunity to get the keys of the football team, and they say, let's see what.
Speaker 7: You can do.
Speaker 8: Maybe on a three year deal. He's not going to be a top five paid quarterback, right. But if he goes to another team where they say, no more quarterback controversy, no more looking over your shoulder, this is your shot, I think he can prove.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 8: The thing that I worry about is he does go to one of these teams like Kyle mentioned that need a quarterback, or these quarterback desperate teams like the Raiders, like the Titans, like the Giants.
Speaker 1: The Browns.
Speaker 8: Can he duplicate the same magic he had in Minnesota?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 8: And that's the problem, because you're going to a team that doesn't have a win now roster like Minnesota did. You don't have Justin Jefferson, you don't have Jordan Addison, you don't have Kevin O'Connell, you don't have that system.
Speaker 7: You're going to a team tour.
Speaker 8: They need you to come in and be the savior, and they're going to pay you savior type money, but there's a lot more pressure in that instead of going on a one year, ten million dollars deal to Minnesota. So hey, we got the tenth overall pick behind you, So if you're great, awesome. If you're not, we've got a rookie that we're waiting to take over the rings. So that's the thing that worries me a little bit right now with Sam Donald. But I will say this, he's been in that situation before. It's where he had to be the savior. He gets drafted as a young kid, goes to the Jets. That is one of the toughest places to play, especially when you're a young guy, and they say, hey, please come save us. We are desperate for a quarterback. So he is equipped, in my opinion, to handle that again now seven or eight years later. So that's where I feel positive about that. But either wherever Sam Donald ends up, I don't think it's the Vikings. Whoever he ends up going, I do think he's gonna make a team a lot better and potentially make them a contender if they can.
Speaker 7: Be aggressive and free agency and put guys around him.
Speaker 1: I am right there with you.
Speaker 9: I do like is a good word. I don't hate, I don't love Sam Donald. I like him and I think he's he can handle pressure, played a death sea, he played at Minnesota.
Speaker 1: So yeah, if you select him in free agency to be.
Speaker 9: Your franchise quarterback, I don't think that's gonna rattle him. Now I'm not sure which is the real Sam Donald. But that's different. I need a reset because he said vomit comment, and everything in my head just went out the doors.
Speaker 2: Okay, so the question was off seat, what free agent headline has you most intrigued and not maybe wanting to peer?
Speaker 1: Does Stafford count?
Speaker 9: Why did you almost? I'm just just making sure just because I think once Stafford decided to stay put, that kind of set the market for everything else. And here we are talking about vomit comments and whatnot. But I think to me, you were talking about your shirt.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is kind of tripping. It's like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah for eleven.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that you look at through the sun, that like, take your eyes Kyle.
Speaker 3: You're good.
Speaker 2: Well, someone put Kyle on MG today and Stafford back Kyle in the fold is awesome.
Speaker 9: It's reinvigorating, it's reassuring, it's great for the coaches. The players and the fan base. I guess the sad part is this might be the first year or second year in Los Angeles that you may field in a football team in offense that doesn't have.
Speaker 7: Cooper Cup on the field.
Speaker 1: Now, he's been hurt a lot.
Speaker 9: I get that he's missed some games, but you know, Cooper Cup is basically an extension of Sean McVay on the field. He is so smart. This is going to be a huge loss if he's not here. No one knows this offense better than him outside of Stafford and McVay.
Speaker 2: What are you saying if because all we've heard is that the Rams are going to treat him. Why because he was asked yesterday, well, is there a chance Cooper put me back?
Speaker 9: I think there's always He's the Super Bowl MVP, he won a Super Bowl here in Los Angeles, he caught the winning touchdown, He's got equity with the football team. So I think there's always the chance if, maybe, if Cooper says I really want to be here and let's work this out business wise, I think you acquiesced to that. You bring him back. But it's gonna be weird, that's one of the things. But I'm really interested in what this defense does in its second season together. Jared Verse, I forgot what a first round end looks like until he walked through the door. I think Kobe Turner is a guy that's Taylor made for LA. He's bilingual, he's great, he plays nose tackle, he also rushes the passer. And Braden Fisk popped out of nowhere. We were talking about we're gonna miss Aaron Donald. I think we stopped talking about that about week eight. You wish you had him, but this front is pretty good. But Matthew Safford set the tone. You really took it to the eventual champions in Philadelphia.
Speaker 1: Almost had him.
Speaker 9: So now you get him back in the fold, you can hit the ground running.
Speaker 1: Who knows what happens to Ellen?
Speaker 7: Sure?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 3: Vomit comment, Joshua, where are you going?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 4: I had less than ten vomits being used on the show this morning.
Speaker 5: We've already surpassed over.
Speaker 3: We hit the old work way over.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's the most vomit talk I've ever heard. Yeah, since I had newborns. My big question is Davante Adams. Everybody's talking about Aaron Rodgers. He's the Sexy conversation. Davante Adams still has a lot of game left at him and I think it's time for him to unhitch the wagon, get away from Rogers. Imagine him at like Detroit or Buffalo, somewhere else. I'm I still think he's got such a huge career ahead of him. And maybe I'm wrong, but I'm a big believer in him. So that's who I want to know where he's going to be.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, that could be another market in terms of who wherever he lands. That could answer a lot of questions and it does the domino effect. Kyle, can I interest you in the boats of brothers being in the Bay Area?
Speaker 3: What are your thoughts on that? When he and Rappaport said that.
Speaker 1: It just reminded me of the Hall brothers finally being in the ring together. Like it's just it's fine, It's absolutely perfect. Honestly, it's really really cool, above and beyond obviously just the fact that they're brothers and we would all freak out about it. I mean, Joey Bosa that this is hugely significant that this happened. Joey Bosa is one of the greatest chargers ever. I mean, he is a fantastic, fantastic player, and if San Francisco were to somehow add him, it amounts to so much more than just a novelty of two brothers. It's an unbelievable pass rush. And we were at this place as a show. I think with San Francisco about I don't know where are you guys right now? It's a little strange. What is the plan? Are you just going to be one of these midlean teams next year? You never look at San Francisco like that. They're too well coached, They have too many good players, So you pay attention when a player that good goes to a team that has had that much success. The Chargers had to do it for money, and Harbaugh has a whole thing he's doing there. I get it, it's fine. I'm much more intrigued about where he lands because we showed Khalil Mack there. Think about what Khalil Mack has done in his second and third stop. Sometimes these pass rushers land somewhere and just take off. Plus Like Frankly, it's just it'd be absolutely incredible to have ja Bosa and and Bosa on the same team on the same pass rush.
Speaker 2: No kidding, and then the mom wouldn't have to wear the split jersey anymore.
Speaker 3: It's absolutely perfect.
Speaker 2: We're always parented to make sure when you're having a conversation with somebody like, stay on the path that's foot.
Speaker 3: Forth, don't deviate.
Speaker 2: This entire conversation right now has been like, let's go quarterbacks, let's go wide receivers, Cody, and.
Speaker 3: Then we'll go defensive ends.
Speaker 2: I'm going to go back to you about the wide receivers because that's.
Speaker 3: Where my brain is now leaning towards.
Speaker 2: I mentioned the Patriots and the fact that Drake May is deserving of a wide receiver one. You unfortunately were drafted into a situation in Cleveland that you did not have a typical wide receiver one. What do you think Drake May is feeling the fact that he is just hawkeyeing the news right now to see if his team picks up one of these guys.
Speaker 8: Yeah, absolutely, and they just go and get Mike Rabel, right, it's time right now to go get a wide receiver one.
Speaker 7: You've got to make an impact when you.
Speaker 8: Have a quarterback that's coming off of a decent first year, right, but now he's going to have a full off season to develop chemistry with his wide receivers, especially if you bring in a top guy that can help him learn. Right, think, as a young quarterback, all right, you know I'm the guy, I'm the.
Speaker 7: Leader, but you learn more from the veterans around you at.
Speaker 8: Receiver, at offensive line, at tight end, at running back. Then you do teach the guys around you, right, and good guy calling the play and plays and you're you're in charge of the huddle. But at the end of the day, you want to have as many veterans and improven players in the NFL around you as a young quarterback, so it makes your job and your life a lot easier. The Patriots need a wide receiver one, they truly do. They haven't had one in a while.
Speaker 7: Julian Edelman was up there.
Speaker 8: They've had a couple other guys, but they really don't have a guy right now they can.
Speaker 7: Go out there and change a game.
Speaker 8: And for me, that's a Davante Adams, like Josh said, that's a DK Metcalf and Ian mentioned that they may be in the market for that. So if you want to set your young quarterback up for success, you go out and you get the pieces around him and for me, that's a.
Speaker 7: Wide receiver one.
Speaker 5: I don't know the Patriots calf member, but Burt Matt chair.
Speaker 7: They have their number one right now. They have a ton of money to spend.
Speaker 5: Davante and dyk Agether go for Drake Man.
Speaker 4: You're bend the money Boxborough, They're gonna bend the money.
Speaker 7: I'm waverers needs Darnold.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, well see now he's getting into the roller coaster.
Speaker 7: And the press.
Speaker 1: Dot down the webside thirty five lust them into the side touchdown.
Speaker 2: CD Lamb, all right, Cowboys wide receiver CD Lamb.
Speaker 3: You just heard his name. He is an integral part of the Cowboys offense.
Speaker 2: He restructured his contract.
Speaker 3: I'm not going anywhere. He was asked by a.
Speaker 2: Fan on x why he did it, to which he replied, I want to win. It's gonna take more than just myself. So let's talk about the Cowboys. They currently there's their new head coach. They currently have the NFC's longest streak of brutal strip writing not appearing in a conference championship game, Kyle, So they can thank the Commanders for that one. What is it going to take for the Cowboys to once again lift up their fan base and make some noise in the NFC East in twenty twenty five. Kyle, I know you just love this question so much. Your heart is growing three times bigger as I ask it.
Speaker 1: I do yes like the Grinch. But that's the opposoite this. It's an exciting time to be a Cowboys fan. Actually, the expectations are low. There's a new coach, there's a new future, and what are the Cowboys need to do?
Speaker 7: Guys?
Speaker 1: I'm going to really impress you here. This is a twenty dollars bill. This is my per diem I get from the network. Okay, the Cowboys have literally millions of these. What you want to do is you want to take them, hand them to young athletes in exchange for goods and services. Okay, don't burn it, invest it, spend it.
Speaker 7: For the love of.
Speaker 1: God, you can't take it with you, Jerry, we know what happened last year. They were the lowest spenders in free agency by far. They had barely half of what the next lowest spenders did. They just sat there and they hoarded it all, and then they had a terrible season and extended their streak of not even making it to a title game. Let's look at the history. Though you think this is the year free agents, let's go. Let's let me make splashes. In the last fifteen years, fifteen years, the Dallas Cowboys have signed one free agent who made a Pro Bowl. That free agent was Brian Anger. Guys, he plays punter. That's it. Fifteen years Pro Bowl free agent punter. This is in the now post Saquon era, in which their arch rival just won the Super Bowl. I have signed a free agent two thousand and seven. Then you have to go back to Leonard Davis as a free agent. You want to look in for a free agent home run. He played four of his seven contract years and he's a guard. Before now you have to go to Tara Loans and guys. That's like, I'm just getting out of college at this point. This is how long we're talking about. As we see these fans who just watched the damn Eagles win the Super Bowl and the Commanders have a dream season. Jerry, let's go. He has told this show that he said in his Jerry Charms that my hand doesn't cramp up when I write checks. Well, maybe we should check out. I think maybe Jerry might need some elector lights or like some bananas or something like that. Because the hand is cramping. And if you didn't do it last year and you haven't signed a Pro Bowl free agent since a punter, what what are we waiting for? The Cowboys are this elderly person.
Speaker 7: In your life?
Speaker 1: Do you know one who they're terrified to spend any money and they don't even want to go out and buy a sandwich, let alone go on a vacation. You're like, you've saved your whole life. We checked the finances. You're good, You're comfortable. No, I just I think I should just stay here and set on my couch and watch reruns Cowboys Get out there Live. The wide receiver says, I can't do it alone, and he's right, go fight fire with fire. And I can't believe I have to tell the Dallas Cowboys, America's team, spend some money, Go treat yourself. You've earned it. It will work, give it a try.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 8: So a couple of weeks ago, Cowboys executive vice president Stephen Jones comes out and says, we're going to be selectively aggressive this offseason.
Speaker 7: I like that.
Speaker 8: I think that's a great approach to the off season. Now they've already started doing that a little bit. They restructure cd Land. They just restructured Dak Prescott as well, so they opened up.
Speaker 7: A little bit money. But I'm with Kyle. I think they need to spend a lot of money.
Speaker 8: But where they need to spend it is in house instead of going to free agency. You need to keep the core guys that you have on your rash right now if you want to win. In my opinion, what does that look like? Well, they already did one of those things. Osa Odiggi zoo wall, I love that four years eighty million very well. Deserve a great d tackle DeMarco Farr. He is a problem up front.
Speaker 5: He is a.
Speaker 8: Disruptive player, and if you're a defensive tackle, that's the definition that you want. Very disruptive. He can stop the run, but he can also get after the quarterback. The next guy that you need to focus on, I think everyone agrees is Michael Parsons. He wants to be extended. You need to extend him. You need to pay him. He has a staple on your defense. You need to find a way to keep him, keep him in Dallas for a very long time, because if you want to win games. You need guys like number eleven on your roster. You need Miles Garrett, you need TJ.
Speaker 1: Watsh.
Speaker 8: You need some of the best defenders in football on your team. The next guy for me is, in.
Speaker 7: My opinion, one of their top priority guys.
Speaker 8: He's been there for a couple of years. They drafted him back in twenty seventeen. He's a homegrown guy. But that's defensive back Jordan Lewis.
Speaker 7: I thought he played phenomenal last year.
Speaker 8: He was very good at that nickel position right, and he's had such versatility. He can cover the tight end, he can cover the slot receiver. He's great in the run game. He is a staple on your defense and they need to keep him around. He hasn't had payday ye he's been playing a lot on on veteran contracts and he's been in the league now for eight years.
Speaker 7: It's time to pay him.
Speaker 8: So those are a couple of guys for me that they need to focus on. Out of those three, they've already paid one of them, but they still need to go out and pay Parsons and Lewis. In my opinion, I'm with Kyle on that the Commanders just playing the NFC Championship game against Eagles. Two of your rivals, one won the Super Bowl. One is supposed to be in a rebuild.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 8: If I'm the Cowboys, We're seven and ten and we missed the playoffs, and I know the years before that that they have been to the playoffs, and last year they had some injuries. But it just feels like every year the Cowboys over promise and under delivered, right, and the fans are starting to get tired.
Speaker 7: They want to turn that corner.
Speaker 8: Why are the Commanders in the NFC Championship and we're still struggling in twenty twenty four, So they've got to make some big decisions.
Speaker 7: This is a huge offseason for the Dallatas.
Speaker 2: Okay, are you going to sit here right now and say that, Oh so Digazoua, Jordan Lewis and Michael Parsons. Those paying those guys, that's what's going to have you beat the Phildelphi Eagles.
Speaker 3: That's going to be it. It's not going wide receiver.
Speaker 2: You're thinking selectively aggressive implies on defense.
Speaker 8: That's where you start. Michael Parsons one of the best players in football. Diggy's a younger player who's just going to keep getting better.
Speaker 7: And then Jordan letis a veteran.
Speaker 8: I think those are three guys that are a staple, and then after we secure that, then we can go and spend some more money in free agency.
Speaker 7: But I think it's so important. And Kyle said, they've been going to getting.
Speaker 8: Free agents and none of them are really panning out. Focus in house, and then let's go branch out and go find some guys in free agency they can help us.
Speaker 3: With Marko, I feel like we're in the upside down right now.
Speaker 2: Cody's advocating to pay the defense and I'm sure you're going to come at me now with wide receiver one.
Speaker 5: Huh.
Speaker 9: I was thinking about it, right I was really thinking about it now. I mean trying to beat the Eagles right now. I mean they could be set up for a long run. I mean they're real, real good, so that's tough. But I mean looking at Jerry two things. Number One, I think the Cowboys are the most valuable sports franchise in the world period. And he's a good actor. It was awesome. He was great on Landman, so good stuff. But thinking about Dallas moving forward, You're right, I'm glad you mentioned Michah Parsons outside of Mahomes or any of the offensive guys we consider one of the best in the league. I think Michael Parsons is one of the best players we've ever seen.
Speaker 5: He really is.
Speaker 9: He can line up absolutely anywhere, he can rush from anywhere, and he can cover just as well.
Speaker 1: So and I like what he said.
Speaker 9: I know Max Crosby just, you know, set the market, but Michaeh Parsons was quick to say, I don't need to be the highest paid guy in the league to be effective. That's not what he's after. He's after wins. He's after championship. So anyway you can figure out to get Dak Prescott over the hump, Dak puts up numbers. I like Dak Prescott, don't you? And everybody does. The guy can absolutely play. Why he hasn't gotten farther than he has is beyond me. But I do look at this at Brian Schottenheimer getting his shot to be the Cowboys coach. I know, shoddy shot. He's a good man, he's a good dude, and he's a fantastic coach. We're gonna find out if he can be a head coach. I think he's in the right spot. We'll see. He's got a lot of pieces to work with. He's got ceedee lamb, he's got DAK. Like I just mentioned, they're not that far away. The problem is Philadelphia is in your division. Easier said than done. So we'll see what happens with the Cowboys, and I'm with you. I bet that fan base is getting restless. But it's the Cowboys. They're going to be there every single.
Speaker 8: Sunday, and the commanders are only getting better, right, They're going to keep getting They're going to get more skilled.
Speaker 5: I'm a lifelong Cowboy fan.
Speaker 7: Call yeah, here we go.
Speaker 4: My text chains are filled with many bad words.
Speaker 5: About what the Cowboys have accomplished lately.
Speaker 4: But it's real easy to say, we got to spend money. We got to spend money. I know DAK and CD just restructure. There's still huge numbers against the cap, and again I don't pretend to understand how the cap works. Certain teams seem to be able to circumvent that better than others.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 4: But if you sign Parsons, which you absolutely have to do, you're looking at another huge deal. How many top premiere free agents are they going to be able to go out and get with those huge guys already on their books.
Speaker 7: I don't understand it. It's a great point.
Speaker 8: They're one of the teams that's going to heavily benefit from the salary cap going from two undred and fifty five.
Speaker 7: Million to undred and eighty million. But I'm with you.
Speaker 8: If you want to have star players, you can only sign so many, right and then you have to go find guys in the draft. You have to go find maybe some veterans that have been in the league for a while that don't want mac contract.
Speaker 7: So it's going to be interesting.
Speaker 8: But there's a lot of hurdles for the Jones this offseason, for the Cowboys to become a true continent.
Speaker 9: I am with Kyle, though, it's weird that we're trying to convince the Cowboys to spend money.
Speaker 5: That's weird. Are they not?
Speaker 7: Though?
Speaker 5: Like, where are they in the salary in the overall?
Speaker 8: Like, well, so, right now, I know they were a team that's going to have to jump some hurdles.
Speaker 7: They were showing I know the exact number after the.
Speaker 4: Yeah, why do we think they're not doing their job?
Speaker 2: Kyle?
Speaker 3: Do you have an answer to this question.
Speaker 1: Well, listen, we're here. I love Micah and I love dak. It's guys, they were both out there last year when the Cowboys lost by thirty eight points to the Lions. They were out there when the Cowboys got slaughtered by the Terrible Saints at home. The guys they have are not getting it done. We need you guys, and just it's it's easy to look at Saquon to Philadelphia and that's the glimmering object, and I get it. But maybe look at Washington, look at look at zach Ertz, and look at Bobby Wagner, and look at Austin Eckler. Those guys weren't super expensive, high priced items, but they were huge parts of the run that they made. They changed the team, they changed the locker room, they made huge plays. The guys that Dallas have, as expensive as they need be, are not enough. One of them is actually saying on social media, we're not enough. It's not just to get your own finances in the house is not enough. That house is nothing right now, you got to bring new people to the party. If they go through this free agency and do the Cowboys thing again, We're like, yeah, they didn't do much. I just you actually get accusatory with them. You're like, do you care? Do you want to win? Do you want to make money?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 1: What are you doing? Go out and bring some people in and if they don't work, you tried, but take some damn swings, let's go.
Speaker 2: It doesn't feel like they're at selectively aggressive yet, I guess is where this conversation landed.
Speaker 1: The year before, they were all just aggressive aggressive.
Speaker 3: Why does it have to be selective? They do this? They do this at the trade deadline.
Speaker 4: Liked, we're say everybody, we're going to sign everybody.
Speaker 3: The Bakers do it?
Speaker 7: Why were you all in two years ago?
Speaker 6: There?
Speaker 7: That was there?
Speaker 8: And they spend the least amount of money in the entire offseason. So there was a lot of heads and in confusing.
Speaker 10: With that, chadure, what what is it that you are hearing from these teams? What are they loving about you in your game?
Speaker 2: I would say definitely they understand that the mental's on a different level.
Speaker 8: And uh, it's definitely an advantage that I have over a lot of quarterback.
Speaker 10: What's the feedback you've got about your football acumen?
Speaker 7: I think just a Q the demeanor I play with every game, you know, not to get too high, too low, just every time I step on a field, I just got to, you know, do what I know is right for my teammates and myself.
Speaker 2: All right, that was Shadoor Sanders in our own Stacey Dal's DeMarco Farr. You continuously asked Cody Kessler a question earlier this week in a segment where he was going through his first series.
Speaker 3: What was that question? What did you what did you do?
Speaker 2: And to our friend Charles Davis, who just put his first mock draft out fifty days from the NFL draft, Charles, what did you do? You just released your first mock draft, and here we are talking about it. Look at Charles Davis. He's got Shador Sanders going to Nashville.
Speaker 3: Tennessee's and ty and steaking the Colorado quarterback number one overall.
Speaker 2: He's actually got a run of quarterbacks back to back to back in the first round with no trades, no movement. So to answer the question of who takes what or it is Cody Kessler, how does that make you feel if you're looking at.
Speaker 3: Our friend Charles Davis and his mock draft.
Speaker 8: I like Charles Davis actually cover some of my games in the USC, so I got to know him for a long time. Respectfully, Charles, I strongly disagree with this. I just I don't see the quarterbacks going one, two three. I don't see Chador going number one. If we're talking last year, perfect right, that they went one, two and three. But this year there's just too much talent at the top of this draft for the quarterbacks to go one, two and three. You have Abdul Carter, you have Travis Hunter, you have Mason Graham, you have Will Cam. We have some very good players that I think are going to be more valuable than a quarterback going one, two three. And if they do go at quarterback at number one, talking about the Tennessee Titans, I think it would be Cam Moot. And then after that, if Shador does go in the top ten, I can see him climbing up to seven or six, maybe with the Jets, maybe with the Raiders. Jackson Dart For me, I still agree with what we said last week that he could have a bow Knicks type of a sin Throughout this draft process, looked great at the combine, should order and throw. I think he's closing that gap from two to three, But I don't think it goes one, two three. If Dart right now was to go in the first round, the highest that I would say he would go would be eighteen to Seattle, maybe even twenty one if Seat didn't take them with the Pittsburgh Steelers, if they're not sold on fields or Wilson, they don't like any of the vets, and they fall in love with Jackson Dart. But yeah, I just with how talented this draft is for non quarterbacks, I do not see it going.
Speaker 7: One, two three.
Speaker 1: This is the point of mock drafts is they come out and we're all like, whoa quarterbacks one through three? Whereas if we put up a more conventional one that's more in line with how the conversations are going right now, we'd be like, oh, that looks good. That conventional one won't be accurate whatsoever. It won't match how the draft goes. It's just not the case here. I will say this for Charles Davis, he knows more about the draft than any of us. He knows more than me, He knows more than anybody watching. He's worked it for years. He knows all the players, he works the All Star games. He knows these players organizations. Well, I don't sit here and scoff at this, also because I know that we're forty some days out for the draft. The draft always attracts quarterbacks to the top. Anytime you hear there's no quarterbacks, no, just wait, quarterbacks will end up going. I think what's interesting about Shaduur to Tennessee, which I'm not predicting it, but I also don't think it's outlandish. I don't think it's outlandish to think that one of these teams, even at number one, could just fall in love with the genetics, the experience, the charisma, all of that. They're like, you know what, we're gonna draft Dion Sun and take a shot at it like one might have drafted Archie's son to the Giants several years ago. I know it's not apples to apples, but I don't think it's crazy that someone says we're going to go shuldar way higher. My question is this, how would the Sanders family and Shadeur feel about him going to the Tennessee Titans. Is that the pick that they're comfortable with? Are they comfortable for him playing for Brian Callahan, who is a first time head coach, in this world of Shador is going to pull an eli. Would he do it with Tennessee or is he's like, no, that's cool, I'll go with the Titans, who haven't accomplished much in a while and have a coach that's really green. If you believe the hype that Dion and that entire operation wants Shador in the perfect landing spot, it's a little bit difficult to imagine that the new New Tennessee Titans are that. So it's just a taste of it. But my prediction is I don't think that Charles Davis mak will be as wrong as you might think it is.
Speaker 4: I feel like a GM has a little more rope if he misses on a quarterback number one overall, Like because you're your fan base is demanding that you.
Speaker 5: That you get your quarterback.
Speaker 4: Sure, but like I'm not passing up Abdull Carter if I was a GM.
Speaker 5: But that's just me.
Speaker 3: So you would put him first?
Speaker 5: I would.
Speaker 4: I think he's the safest bed. I think he is going to have the biggest impact early. But I mean, you know, my biggest question.
Speaker 2: Is the Cowboys is always that they are the shiny object of the room. The Marco stick with what we're looking at. Charles Davis mocktra like.
Speaker 1: Abdu A Caulder, I really do.
Speaker 9: I think he's going to be one of the next great ones when he gets into the NFL. But I just don't what's not to like about Shador Sanders. I really I'm trying to figure this out. If you consider Dion Sanders in primetime at quarterback, sign.
Speaker 5: Me up for that.
Speaker 9: That would be fun as long as he pans out. So I'm trying to figure out, like, what's the knock on him? Is it his ability? I mean, do you not like the way he plays? Or is it just the overall package or he's just overhyped. I'm not really sure how people feel about him everywhere, not.
Speaker 3: Directly asking Cody yuh yeah.
Speaker 8: I mean we did a segment on it earlier. I think it was last week. I like Shador. I think he's the most NFL ready polished quarterback in college right now. I just think cam Ward's ceiling is a little bit higher for what he can do with his arm. But if you had Shador go out there right now and gave him a playbook and said, hey, go run this offense, I think you can go out there and do a good job. Now, I don't know if it'll be with the Titans or a team like the Browns or the Giants.
Speaker 7: That need a quarterback.
Speaker 8: But I will say this to Kyle's point as he talked about Brian Callahan. I know doesn't like that because he's a first year head coach, but I like Callahan because of what he did with Joe Burrow. He was there for five years with Joe Burrow as the offensive coordinator with the Bengals. He helped him as a rookie, helped them develop into the player that he is today. And I know he had Zach Taylor and some other guys around him, but overall, I truly feel like Callahan, if they get a quarterback, can help develop a young guy.
Speaker 2: All right, So, Kyle, I hear you on the Titans, and we love the Titans, we love all thirty two, But I think there is a sexinist factor. And you made the Manning parallel and you asked the question about whether or not that's what Dion Sanders or the Sanders family where they would want their son to go.
Speaker 3: Do you have a.
Speaker 2: Perfect matchup of like I think the Sanders experience can can thrive in this city or this organization.
Speaker 3: Are you having like dreams of what this could look like for Shador Sanders or are you.
Speaker 2: Just saying Tennessee and the Titans experience might not be the best fit.
Speaker 1: I think it's a little overblown, and I'm playing a part in that in what I said earlier this segment. I don't think that dion at Al and certainly Shoudur are sitting there ready to just veto something. Yeah, I think it might happen, but it's put it this way, Jamie, like, I don't think that they have a list of two teams, and if it's not one of those, keep on going. I don't the Tennessee at one maybe, And listen, if I to ask your question, like if the one that seems to fit to a coach who's established and the right type of market, it's it's the Raiders, you know. I mean, the Raiders are sitting there at six. It's a place that Shuer could viably go, a place that seems marketable, a place that seems attractive, and a coaching knows what the hell he's doing. And yet like listen, Cleveland's at two and they're sitting there and it's a wasteland. Do respect to Cleveland and all their fans. You guys know what I'm talking about. It is a wasteland for quarterbacks that if anything, if they let him go to Cleveland, have no problem with that, then we were all wrong. Then they said, Shaudu, you gonna make your own way, and we're not gonna veto We're not gonna do anything. You're gonna make your way like everybody else. But that's why I still think he's the most interesting player in the draft by far because of all of that.
Speaker 8: Kyle Lara our segment the other day, didn't think didn't make you think that Cleveland.
Speaker 7: Was a great place for rookie quarterbacks or I.
Speaker 3: Just got to give him a really empathetic on the shoulder.
Speaker 7: When you call for everybody who missed it. We did a segment about.
Speaker 1: My first Cody, you're a dropping the bucket man. We can do a thousand segments about one hundred quarterbacks having that same thing.
Speaker 7: That's a good point.
Speaker 1: And listen, we try to build Cleveland up and say, never mind all that, let's focus on the future, but they keep extending it. So we'll see if they're sitting right there at two and they need a quarterback. I don't think I think that Shaun Watson's done with the Browns. I don't think he's going to play again. Obviously he's hurt, but beyond that, so I think they're in the market again. Shador Sanders would be something. I mean that would be kind of a when we rank all their picks and moves that they've made, that would be up in the ilk of Johnny Manzel that it would be like that super bold Heisman winner early pick. But again, we got about seven weeks to figure it out.
Speaker 7: Well, just to wrap it all up.
Speaker 8: The thing that Kyle said, I think is most important in this entire conversation is it only takes one team.
Speaker 7: It really does.
Speaker 8: We can all sit here and say, oh, we hate this, and we don't think it's going to happen. We don't know what's happening behind closed doors. If one team, and it's the Tennessee Titans, love shad Or Sanders and they block out all the outside noise, I don't think we'd be too surprised. It would just be for them. We had to keep it quiet for this entire time until the draft day. Came and it was kind of like bow Nick's last year was Sean Payton. No one expected him to go that high, but Bowne or Sean Payton and the Broncos stell in love with him, took him at twelve and it worked out perfect for working out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, new GM's second year head coach, the Tennessee Titans are on the clock. They also have the power to amass more picks if they want to trade back for a truly desperate team. We thought free agency was crazy. We're looking squarely at you, NFL Draft. You're coming to Green Bay. We're going to see some of these guys walk across the stage near lambeau Field.