Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: This is the closing bell on this stock mover's report the companies making moves at the close of US trading with Carol Masser, Tim Stenobeck, Romain Bostik, and Katie Greifel.
Speaker 1: All right, guys, let's go to some of the individual gainers. If i'm may, Let's go on over to Apple, of course. Reacting to its earnings late yesterday after the close, stock up about three point three percent here, rallying its highest intra day in a few months, Apple delivered a surprisingly strong revenue forecast for the third quarter. It did warn about those memory chip costs, but we kind of expected that, or we wanted some color around that. They did say that they warned it, they will increase, and that shortages of Mac computers will persist for several months. Apple has benefited from a series of new products launched back in March, the mac Book Neo, iPhone seventeen E, updated IPO ipat excuse me air models, and a fresh MacBook Pro that Neo that five hundred and ninety nine dollars Neo, Apple's first major pustion to kind of a low cost laptop has been particularly popular. Remain sold out at several retailers. So that's kind of cool. Tim Oracle gave me oracle today said I needed to look at oracle.
Speaker 3: Here's an oracle for you.
Speaker 1: Here's an oracle. Tim is an oracle for me. So that stock up about six and a half percent in today's session, officially agreed to join the list of AI companies working with the Pentagons Classified Networks. According to a posts by the pentagons Under Secretary for Research and Engineering putting that out on x I will still never get used to these official declarations from the government that come out on social media. But there you have it. And then I want to mention paramounts guidance number two gainer in the S and P five hundred up eight point three percent. Today company is scheduled to reward its first quarter financial results. That's going to happen after the close on Monday. And this is as the company continues to move closer to finalizing its merger with Warner Brothers Discovery. So there you have it.
Speaker 3: Okay, you there are some gainers. I got the stocks in the red today. I want to start with shares of roadblocks. They fell by eighteen point three percent. This after the company reported fewer daily users in the first quarter than analysts expected. This was as a result of safety features that it implemented. The company also lowered its forecast for full year bookings. They said that was the result of a quote aggressive push to enhance safety and projected another quarter of user to clients once again, Roadblock shares falling by more than eighteen percent, the worst day going back to February of twenty twenty four, moving on. The worst performer in the S and P five hundred on eight percentage basis today was none other than Chlorox, down nine point seven percent. This was the worst day going back to February of twenty twenty two. The company's organic sales missed consensus expectations for the third quarter. They cut their annual forecast. Katie Yeah, cat litter Yeah, and salad dressing categories perform poorly during the quarter of Cat litter is why I'm I was thinking of yeah your cat? Do you guys not use floors?
Speaker 4: Kelly, speaking of husbands? That is firmly a Joe job. I touched the litter box in years, but thank you for thinking.
Speaker 3: Of Shout out to Joe, shout out handling the litter box. Okay, finally, let's go Aviation. Got a check in on what shares of Spirit Aviation did on the day today, down as a much as seventy percent. Earlier in the session, fell by more than twenty five percent, though, this after the company was reported to be making preparations to wind down its liquidity position as its liquidity position worsens and the prospects of winning a bill out m that's according to people familiar with the matter. President Trump, though, saying that he delivered a final proposal to rescue the company, but it would only proceed if it's a good deal for the US government.
Speaker 4: All right, let's check in on yields here. Relatively modest day and quite frankly, a relatively modest week. We're going to end the day here right around for three seven nine on that ten year yield, and just remember about a week ago we are basically right around four. So we are elevated on the week here, and that is going to be a big part of the story going forward, particularly with the war in Iran still continuing, the straight at hormones still close, and a lot of big questions about inflation.
Speaker 2: This stock Moovers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street, and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.