Speaker 1: O la o, la ola, what's.
Speaker 2: It's me, Tiffany, No in tiendo.
Speaker 1: We're gonna do this the whole show in my terrible Spanish. Now we're not. I would never do that to you.
Speaker 2: Guys in Espanol. I could use the practice, to be honest. My mother, my mother in law, came to visit this weekend, and she was so annoyed that my dog didn't understand her Spanish commands. And she's like, she's like, Molly Espanol. I'm like, okay, Mayra, you can teach her Espanol when you're you know, giving us free child care for the next year.
Speaker 1: Oh, speaking of Molly, there is this awesome I G account about the little like a dog. I wish I could remember the name of the Ida account. Let me see I can remember it. It's like this little dog. This woman is a speech therapist and she has taught her dog how to use these buttons and each button has a word. It's like beach outside, water happy.
Speaker 2: I saw that. So it's so silly looking. I've seen it. Yeah, I just see it.
Speaker 1: I love it. You don't love it.
Speaker 2: I don't think that dog knows what it's saying. I would like a treat right now, and also to go outside. It's creepy. I don't know, No, I love it.
Speaker 1: The dog is like outside outside, door open. I'm like, oh, I think the dog knows what he's asked asking. Dogs are smart, they are.
Speaker 2: But it's also like how you think here we get you just like sit there and you think about all the things that your husband and your boyfriend's thinking about, and then you like you actually ask them what are you thinking about? And it's like never what you thought they were like, it's I don't know, a sandwich, Like what I'm gonna do after work, you know, it's something very simple. I feel like dogs are like that.
Speaker 1: Well, I feel like that dog. Honestly. Mostly it's like outside, outside, outside exactly. Dogs like I just want to go outside now. But anything new happening in your neck of the woods.
Speaker 2: Oh, you know, winding down. I have a couple of weeks left at the office, and of course all the things are happening are happening in the last two weeks, but I have a transition plan in place. I got my I have so many to do lists that I'm just like having a hell of a time, just like checking everything off and I feel fairly. I feel a lot more prepared this week than I did last week. I feel very good that baby boy has given me this time to get my act together. But yeah, just just preparing for whatever comes next. Thank you to the listeners who chimed in. I got like maybe ten emails from people who told me childbirthing childbirth classes were a waste of time. Okay, but my anxious self. So what ended up happening? So I actually, even though I wanted to, I thought it would be good to take a workshop on you know, labor and what all happens or whatever. I've read so much, like so many books and so many online articles about it. Like the technical part of it I get, but I still thought it'd be helpful. But these classes sold out, even I didn't even get a chance to spend the three hundred dollars because they were all just booked in my area.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: But what I did is I mentioned it. I went to the doctor and I was just kind of griping about it to my OB and she said, oh, well, we have a midwife hearing the practice who does classes and she makes house calls. So let me, you know, connect you to Lucy so look at little miss Lucy from Scotland, who's been a midwife for like thirty years, works at this works at my office's practice, and she came to our house and did like a two hour session with us, not on childbirth because I she quickly realized, I get the mechanics of it. I know what could go wrong. I know too much about what could go wrong. But what she did was like go over strategies on what I can do at home without having to go at the hospital, like basically had a labor at home and had to I don't know, not freak out and go so early that you have to be sent back home and stuff. And it was only one hundred bucks.
Speaker 1: That's awesome. Look look good, look.
Speaker 2: At God, I mean God. But yeah, no, that's awesome. Though it was helpful. I feel a lot. I feel a lot better. And then we did a class on we did I didn't end up getting into a class on infant CPR and like choking, yeah, because one of my husband's coworkers there. It's so so sad. I mean you always once in a while you hear the story of a toddler or someone who or or a child who chokes on food and dies and that's like one of my biggest fears. I don't know any I've never been trained in CPR or at the Heimlik or anything like that. So we took this class actually at this yoga studio where I take my prenatal yoga, and it had every It even had like the the digital babies that you know that tell you when you know when you're breathing too, when you're like pushing their chest too hard or you know whatever. So learned a lot of good info there and that was like one hundred bucks too, So you know, I'm trying to be prepared. I don't know, when you have all this time to think about things, you have time to think about all the things you don't know and all the things that can go wrong. So I'm feeling these things make me feel better.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, this is good. I think that's great. I mean, but I took like infant and like child CPR just because as a preschool teacher, we had we had to, and I thought it was like, you know it, but it's been so many years, so I wouldn't even I mean, some basic things I remember, but obviously not like super great with my memory. So no, I think that's honestly, that's honestly excellent. And the fact that you had like one on one your midwife come, I thought that's amazing because I'm sure it helped you to be like, Okay, I can alase at least some of these fears, or at least you have some techniques to help.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have a big yoga ball. Now I'm just gonna sit on the yoga ball and like be zen. And my husband also knows what he can do to help, because you know he did. Because I think that's the Like someone had written in and said that childbirth class was a waste of time for her because, like me, she did all the research because she'd been thinking about it for nine months like I have. But for her husband because it's like the dad, I don't know, I hate to be heteronormative. Sorry, if you have a male partner, it's harder for them to imagine themselves in that role. So the classes can be helpful for them. And I think for him, like it was really helpful because she was even coaching him on what words to say to me and what thinks not to say to me, Like there's a whole there's a whole section in her hand out on like what not to say and here's how you can actually encourage your partner when they're you know, pushing out this watermelon from the another region.
Speaker 1: That's hilarious. It's like, you can't do it. Shut at.
Speaker 2: The part when she was coaching me on how to massage my breast to you know, stimulate milk production. He was a little awkward during that, but I.
Speaker 1: Got he should know. It's like, you're touching yourself in front of this woman. I don't know how I feel about this. You know.
Speaker 2: The problem was that Lucy was touching her like she was demonstrating on her own body.
Speaker 1: Lucy, Okay, Lucien, what are you doing after this? Lucy wants some wine. That's awesome.
Speaker 2: Look at she is red d I'm gonna have the biggest glass of wine when I'm done. I cannot wait.
Speaker 1: Are you gonna be able to because you're breastfeeding? Right? Are you breastfeeding?
Speaker 2: I mean, I'll try it out and see if it works. But you can, like there's what you can drink. You just it's just like you know, I've read you have to like, you know, space it out over time. I'm not gonna binge, but I believe me. I want to glass of champagne as soon as this kid comes out.
Speaker 1: And plus, do you do this thing where I remember Drina used to call it like it's pump and dump. Yeah, like she can only like dream. It's like you like, it's like coffee. It's like her thing. But you know, so she was allowed to have, you know, I forget what I'm out at a certain time that she would pump sometimes dump and then that way, you know, her kid would be all hyped up coffee.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't want to spend the whole show talking about my breast milk. But the breastfeeding is so hard to do. I'll feel blessed if I can do it well, like if I can pull it off and actually successfully breastfeed. But like once, if you if you struggle with it, it's like how could you throw it out? Like it's liquid gold? You work so hard for it. Any moms out there who struggle with breastfeeding. I spent like time talking this is a whole baby weekend for me. I went and visited a girlfriend of mine who just had a baby, and she struggled with breastfeeding, and she was like she she had literally she was she worked so hard to get like the four ounces or whatever it was of breast milk, and she dropped it on the floor and she was like, and that was my first time I cried over spilled milk. And I'm like, that expression doesn't make you. Of course you're gonna, you know, cry over spilled milk because you like blood, sweat and tears and you know, bleeding nipples. Like that's what it took to get that milk. So respect to any breastfeeding moms out there who've done it. I'm gonna see how it goes. I'm not if it doesn't go well whatever. I was a powder formula kid, I'll be my kid will be fine.
Speaker 1: No, my yeah, I don't think my I don't think my mom bustfed any of us. I know she didn't fit Lisa because I was like old enough to like, you know, watch, But I don't think she breastfed any of us, although she did have a natural birth with all of us, which I'm like five kids. She said it wasn't until like Lisa that she felt confident because back then epidorals were they weren't like how they are now, where it's like safe, and so she was like, nah, she passed, and then by the time Lisa came around, it was Lisa is much younger than me. They were safe, and but by the time she asked for when it was too late, and she's like, are you kidding me? So I came out five natural births. I'm like, oh, Sylvia, you are a soldier bless. I'm like, well, what made you want to have the next one? After the first one, She's like, I'm now she said, you forget.
Speaker 2: You forget that's the key.
Speaker 1: No, this is awesome though, I mean, your body is literally primed and built of this, like you know, it's like that's what it's created for. Women have been doing this in fields and in factories, at home and hospitals. So your body's like, yes, girl, that's what we made for girls. So that's awesome.
Speaker 2: I hope that's what she says. One in this time, But what about you? What's happening in your world?
Speaker 1: So I don't know. So I'm rinding up, like it's just such, we're like wrapping up the year for like, you know, at work, it's so like chill at home. It's nice because for the last two years. I feel like it's been house house, house, house, house, and then it was like we're in here now, decorate, decorate, decorate, and then But for the last couple of weeks it's been like because once my birthday hit, we were basically done decorating, you know, little things here and there, but nothing like, no overhauling. So it's been pretty chill. It's been chill at the Budgetista, although we are doing like we're doing. We're gonna be giving away a fourteen day free pass as like a gift this month to folks who want to try out the Literature Challenge the Literature Academy, So there's a little bit of hecticness there, but not not so much on my end. But yeah, it's been actually pretty chill. I'm working on wrapping up Molly Moore, wrapping up Financial Wholeness, my book that I'm writing, and that's like just a regular book for adults. But yeah, it's been nice not to have not to feel so frantic like I normally do at the end of the year. I'm sure it's coming, but for now I'm enjoying just relaxing.
Speaker 2: Do you know what the Literature Challenge is going to be this year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I decided to take a break and say, I'm gonna do the Literature Challenge, but we're going to do the Savings Edition.
Speaker 2: Again, taking it back where it all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so well, the first one was the Fundamental, so the Savings Edition was the second book was the second Challenge. I said, you know what, the team deserves a break. We have so much going on. Let's just revive the Savings Edition. And so that's what we're going to do collectively, because I feel like that's that's probably one of the biggest things that folks have been asking, like they're wanted to go back to the basics. But I do know for twenty twenty one, we're going to have the Investing Edition, but at least for now, like you know, going back to the basics. So yeah, it'll be nice to revisit. Okay, So you guys will get more info about that if you want to do. If you've never done a Literature Challenge, it's an awesome experience. It's just it's one of my free online courses that I give away every New Year. But what makes it special about doing it in the New Year is that, like thousands of us do it together collectively so you can keep on track. And it's just fun because we we meet online, we do it together, collectively, work through all the homework together. It's totally free. It's just my give back to folks who are wanting to get on financial track, but you know, maybe just don't have the assistance or the resources. So yeah, I did one with we did me and Mandy did when before Magne Well it's magnified money still considered magnified money or is it considered lending Tree?
Speaker 2: Oh we don't, man, my money still exist, it's just you know, under the umbrella lending Tree.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I think I think I don't know that we didn't do them Savings edition together. I think that matter Prime Money was a credit edition.
Speaker 2: I don't Yes, I remember, yeah, credit Building yep.
Speaker 1: So that one was a fun one. But yeah, so that's it. Honestly, it's pretty like I said, it's super chill, which is nice, which means that something crazy is gonna happen later. So I've learned. The big lesson that I'm learning is that if I'm not in a rush, don't rush. And I tell the team if we're not launching, don't be in launch mode that when you get a moment to chill, chill, because you know these moments don't last forever.
Speaker 2: I am like such a fan of and I think this comes with experience, Like you're at a point where you're like sometimes there's just value and slow in the hell down and like not always reaching to the next biggest thing, And especially at this job in the last few years, I'm so used to every three months there's a huge project and there's a bigger one, and there's a bigger one, and I would I would like a lot of my own self worth as a professional was based on the fact that I could I could rise to these challenges. In the last year, it's like we agreed, okay, we prove we can do some crazy stuff, but like we also almost killed ourselves several times.
Speaker 1: So yes, hell.
Speaker 2: Though we take our time, do less better has been the motto for this year. And we just got like, of course, two weeks before I'm due to leave, we just kind of got this big project dropped in our laps this week, and I am just like, look at Mandy in twenty nineteen versus Mandy in twenty eighteen, who would have been like, yes, I can do this immediately. Now, I'm like, so, let's take the month of December to think about this, and you know, maybe we'll reassess in January or you guys will because I ain't gonna be here.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's what I'm talking about. And also too, you planned on so many seats. I was just saying, like, so many random, amazing things have been happening. Like I was like out eating and like the I don't know, some district attorney of something or and then another woman, another head of something for the Department of Education. She's like, hey, these two separate women at two step occasions came up to me while I was out eating out because that's my thing now, and they were like, hey, email me and I'd love to work with you. I remember one woman and I was like, oh, in what capacity. She's like, I don't know, do the thing that you do. And I'm like, I was like okay. And then like today, I just had this awesome call with like this production company of a very very very well known person, Like if I said her name, you'd be like, oh my god. And I'm like, and she called me ill Well. I called to speak to her about this other project that I'm working on well. She like we just got connected via a mutual person and they were like, oh, I think she'd be great, and I was like okay. And so as I'm talking, she's like, what about you. I would love to do a show about you with you, And I'm like, what, that's not even okay, And it was just so crazy. But I see all that to say, it's because of seeds planted, and the reason why you are able to say, hey, I could take this time off and we can move more slowly and more deliberately is because you have planted so many seeds that the harvest is so full that you can say, you know what, I'm good on corn right now. You know what, I actually leave the tomatoes, you know, but that's only from seeds planted. And I was just really thinking and reflecting on that that you know, me and you are both beasts. I mean, I know people hear me because I'm so silly whatever, but yo, I'm a beast. Like I work really hard, and as a result now of ten years of damn near killing myself, which I don't recommend, I can say I'm reaping all of these you know, reaping all of the rewards of that, even though I feel slightly lazy. I guess I call it Tiffany lazy, where I'm not like killing myself like I normally do, and I'm like, Wow, all these opportunities and it's not it's because of seeds planted. So I think, like that's like a huge thing that I'm really just soaking up that. You know that sometimes I wasn't allowing myself to reap what I was sewing. I was just sewing constantly, and it's like it's okay to take a break and say, hey, this good thing is happening, and I don't have to kill myself for it because I've already put in the work.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean that is the story people should hear people who are out there and grinding right now, working on your own business or working for other people, Like, eventually you will get to a place where you want to take a step back and acknowledge, look how far you've come, and how like what do you want to do next? How will you do things differently moving forward? How will you think more intentionally about what you do because you don't have to hustle us hard anymore?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because honest, I want to leave space for a baby. I want to leave space for like a kid where I don't want to be an absentee mom. Because even as she was saying like, oh, you know, I could see you with the show, ah, which is so crazy for me to be like, yeah, I got offered a show by some major production company, and I'm like, yeah, I don't know, because I don't. I don't I want. I want that I'm leaving space in my life to be like really present, like my parents were really present, you know, Jirell's are really present. Dad. I don't want to be you know, the budget Nissa to my kid. You know, I want to be here, you know. And you know, I've worked on our finances in such a way that I don't have to do extra stuff to make sure we're supported, so you know, unless it's like I guess, professionally fulfilling, I don't necessarily have to do anything new. But yeah, it's just more important than anything else right now. To me. It's really just like where I stand with family and friends, and just like you know that that's what I've really been reflecting on, Like huh, even though it's so crazy because it's not like I'm eighty. But I'm just like, how do I want my life to go? I want to spend more time with people. I want to be here more. I mean, if you follow me on social I don't travel, not even one one quarter of the percentage of what I used to do before. I'm rarely on a plane now well I can't because of IVF anyway, but it slowed me down on purpose, and it's like, Okay, this is good. I really like being home, you know. And or if I'm going to go someplace, I'd rather go someplace on vacation versus another trip to speak, get another place. So yeah, it's like it's just such a good like chill time, although there is this underlying Tiffany that does I like working actually, you know? But I'm just more intentional on what it looks like in creating things that I when I like the work to do it, but then when I don't do the work, I don't have to suffer for it financially or anything like that. Then I can say I don't feel like putting in the work this week, and it doesn't. It doesn't affect the team or or like our standing financially in any kind of way. But Yeah, it's just like a really good, like reflective time.
Speaker 2: I love it. And the happier you are with your the choices you're making, the happier mom you're going to be, and that's a gift to a child, you know.
Speaker 1: I really feel like we've grown up with the show, right because the first time we were, like for those of you who have not listened to like earlier episodes. I remember one of my first questions was like, should I buy pack panties still? And Mandy's like, are you kidding me? Girl? Underwear? Look at that ask from pack panties to hospital panties post postpartum panties.
Speaker 2: That's the title of your memoir. I'll come up with my own. But yeah, generally, I know.
Speaker 1: We've got some amazing questions from our amazing listeners. It's questions tat do you want.
Speaker 2: To remind folks how they can send us questions? Tiff put you on this spot.
Speaker 1: Lets You could go to brandi Fay podcast dot com, very good, click ask anything you got it. You can also email us at the ba.
Speaker 2: I'll stop you right there. Brown Edition Podcast. I knew she was gonna lose it. Brannambition Podcast at gmail dot com or if you are the youths or not the youth on Instagram, hit us up on Instagram at Brown Ambition Podcast. You can send us a direct message, and yes I do check and read all your messages and they're just lovely. So thank you guys.
Speaker 1: Real quick before we start, someone literally just messaged me. Her name is Tiffyboo thirty five. Okay, Tiffany, where's my Brown Ambition. I listen to you guys every week, sending light and love to you and Mandy. I'm all caught up on the episodes. I can't wait for the next one. My name is Tiffany as well. Well I know that Tippy Boo because that's your name on i G so Tippy Boo, this is for you, So I just wanted to share that. Literally just came in just now.
Speaker 2: We're back Tippy Boo every Wednesday. Every Wednesday. All right, let's take a question from the gram. Let's see from let's Brenda. She says, thank you so much for the podcast. You're both amazing. I really feel for Brenda and her question. She's another in her mid twenties, kind of struggling to find her place. So here's what she says, my issue is something I have to deal with within myself, but I'm hoping you guys can give me some direction. I'm twenty five years old and I live in South Florida. I feel as though my career path is in shambles. I earned a degree in marketing and a minor in hospitality management, but my experience is all over the place, from sales to acquisition, I've done a lot. I'm extremely disappointed in myself because I feel like I can't clearly and precisely say what it is that i'd like to do. This has taken a major toll on my confidence and emotions, as I feel as though I should know what I want to do by now, I feel as though I don't know where to start. I'm not sure if you can help, but I'd love to hear what you have to say. Thank you, Oh, miss Brenda.
Speaker 1: I'm around How old is Miss Brenda?
Speaker 2: Twenty five? She says, God, I mean, honestly, you should have it figured out bright now. I don't know what your problem.
Speaker 1: Is, girl, I was literally just moving out, like I'm thinking, like Miss Brenda's like, I'm fifty five and I don't And even then, if you are fifty five, I'd be like, I mean, and you're human. First one, you're super young. I know it doesn't feel like it because I know at twenty five I didn't feel super young. I felt like I should have the world already figured out. But you are, you are super duper duper young. So it's normal not to know, honestly. I mean I barely know sometimes, so that's normal. And you know, I don't know how much experience, like I'm assuming. She said she went to school, right.
Speaker 2: Yep, So she'd studied marketing and hospitality management. And she's twenty five. So let's say she's been out of school for a few years. But she's worked jobs that are kind of all over the map, she says, sales, then acquisitions. She doesn't really know which direction she wants to go in. I think that this is the right time to decide. I actually told Royal systant Here, who graduated what two years ago, a year and a half ago, and this was kind of her first real job. I was like, girl, if you're still here in two years, I'm gonna kick you out, because I think this is a good job for you to have as an assistant where you're kind of figuring out what your next steps are. But you should be thinking about your next steps. But so by the time you're in your mid twenties, you're sort of ready to go in the next direction. You're just at that space where you need to kind of take a step somewhere, hopefully in the right direction. So what I'd recommend is take a look at what, like, sit down and really think about the jobs that you've had in the last few years, what you studied, what really makes you happiest, Like what part of those jobs did you find most fulfilling, and then try to seek out opportunities that would give you more of that, and just kind of follow that good feeling. And hopefully that good feeling comes with money and a salary, but follow that and that will lead you where you ultimately want to end up.
Speaker 1: I love that follow that good feeling. Honest say, I don't know that there's any any better advice than that to follow that good feeling.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's got to be your gut. It can't be what you think you because I almost feel like if you were being honest, you would be thinking what you I feel like you're in a place where you're thinking I should be this, I should be that. I should have my own you studied hospitality, should have You're probably thinking I should have my own hotel. By now, that's just not going to do you any good if you focus, if you think about where you think you should be, like what maybe you think about where you want to end up, but like what is the next step to get there? And it can't be you can't go zero to one hundred immediately. You have to like acknowledge to yourself it's not going to be an immediate uh you know, express elevator ride to the top.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, and also too like to to kind of like just add to that. One of the things that helped me to kind of like figure out the niche that I wanted to go into is I did a lot of volunteering because it helped to like kind of solidify like, oh, I actually do really like teaching, or I do really like I mean, you know, like and I don't know what that would look like in corporate or whatever, but that helped because I volunteering helps to strip away all that other stuff, Like it helps to strip away what I'm worried about making. It helps to strip away what I'm worried about people saying because with volunteering, you're just giving of yourself. And what I found was that I actually really did enjoy teaching. I really did enjoy teaching financial education. But that came from like stripping away all these other expectations and that helps significantly for me to figure out what I wanted to do with myself.
Speaker 2: And be kind to yourself. I love that you asked this question, but you know you're you may have another like you may you may figure it out for now, and then when you turn thirty, have this have the next kind of inflection point where you're like, Okay, where do I want to go now? I think everyone's got second, third, four fifth acts in their life. I'm, you know, in my early thirties now, and I'm thinking about what I want the next five ten years to be. Like it never ends. You just have to get comfortable with like reinventing yourself and being open to not having a clear life map all the time, because the sooner you get comfortable with that, the more the happier you're going to be, and the more care you know, the more relaxed you can be about your decisions and ultimately you'll be open to opportunities that I think could ultimately make you happy because you're following what you want to do, not what you think you should want to do exactly. All right, miss Brenda, thank you for your question. Okay, let's take another question. This one comes from Instagram listener. We'll call her Jenna. Hello, Mandy, I know you're the one managing this account. Okay, you got me. I love the podcast. Thank you for creating this space of financial wellness for us. I'm a teacher making thirty eight five hundred dollars. I have student loans, I have rent to pay, car insurance, daycare, and phone, and credit cards. After all these bills are paid, I'm looking at next to nothing left emergency fund.
Speaker 1: Ha.
Speaker 2: I wish I'm broke, and I don't know what to do next to improve my life for me and my daughter. I listened faithfully, and I hear you guys share amazing tips, practices, and ideas. But I always I am left feeling hopeless because I don't have that extra income. I live at home and I pay two hundred dollars in rent. I'm doing everything I can to say because I can't afford not to can you help this anonymous listener out words of advice, encouragement? How do I get out of this cycle?
Speaker 1: So I'll say this that I'll share. Have you ever had Tila on here?
Speaker 2: Have I ever had like you're not on the show too.
Speaker 1: No, I'm just saying I'm thinking like, because I feel like I was out once, I'm like, do we ever have Tila on here?
Speaker 2: I don't think Tala Tila talked about SOTCK trading, right, yes, yes.
Speaker 1: So I remember when Tila came on, and I've just spoken to Tila that she was in a similar position in that she just felt like, you know, that she wasn't making enough. But she was a single mom and and she was like, there's just not enough time for me to get a second job, take care of the kids and make how do I make more? So Tila learned how to trade. It was something she could do from the house. I remember she told me this is just recently. She told me that she spent a year learning how to trade, like using a vestopedia, like they're free, like she practiced on their free tools, so she didn't trade any real money, and then she made it like almost like a second job for herself, but at home, and it took her two years, but she was able to replace her income at her corporate job that she hated. And so I just shared that because there are opportunities that don't require you to uber drive or Airbnb or leave the house or whatever. That to unearth those kind of opportunities where how what can I do that can earn because ultimately you're gonna have to make more money. I suspect you don't have a spend more spend less problem because typically when people don't enough money, it's they either need to make more or they need to spend less. And at thirty eight thousand dollars a year, you're probably you probably can't spend less. It's really a make more issue. So that's what I would focus on. What are some creative ways that you can make more? And except for Tila, she learned how to trade trading, meaning like buying stock and she's not a day trader. She's not trading every day. Tiala said she does about four trades a month. That means when you buy a stock at a certain price and then you sell it at a certain price.
Speaker 2: So yeah, what does I will say? And I don't want to get stuck on the trading thing, because for her, she's probably like trade what.
Speaker 1: Yes, But as I'm saying, like, it's not necessarily that, but meaning that there's something out there like that that you're able to do that doesn't require like you know that you know, for example, you might I don't know, like if someone watches your your children. But when I was a teacher, I have made extra money tutoring, and there are definitely online tutoring platforms. I made extra money babysitting. So maybe you can't babysit because you live at home, but there are, like I said, online platforms where you could tutor and teach online other kids, other people's kids online. So maybe that's an opportunity you can lean into. I just mentioned Tila because she was creative and thinking of a way and didn't require like her to leave the house in a way that was going to be disruptive to her taking care of her family. So just looking into like a skill set that you already have, and is there a way you can kind of do that skill set digitally?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Are there any skills that you have that you can leverage to earn money? I mean, there may be something you can do that you may have been doing for free, that you could start thinking of a business plan for I mean, at thirty eight five hundred dollars a month, if on that salary with a child, you're having to live at home, I mean, it makes me sad for teachers in general, because you'd think a job that important should have a salary where you where you feel like you can live a full life and you want to stay in that career. But if it's you know, if there's not a way for you to see, like I mean, I'm assuming you're a new teacher, maybe young, you know their career advancement at the school. Maybe there are schools that could pay you more. Or maybe if you've got an advanced degree, you could earn more, and you decide that that math works out, it's worth it to invest in my education to get a higher degree so I could potentially earn more. Or maybe you just need a pivot, you know, away from that career to something a little bit different, or you can find using some skills that you have a way to bring an additional income. But I would put all your energy into not think not trying to count those pennies you have leftover, because that's, like you said yourself, it's an exercise and monotony or not a futility. What would matter more to you and for your future is really starting to think about ways you can build wealth with what you have in front of you. There's just no other way to do it. Like you already are doing the best you can, you know, living at home. You say you have student loans as a teacher, one thing that you can think about is, you know, teach your loan forgiveness. Are you working in an area where perhaps you could qualify for some sort of forgiveness for your the debt you've taken on to pursue a career as a teacher. I can shoot a link to a good guide to teach a loan forgiveness. That's one benefit of being a teacher. I guess m h. Depending on what your what kind of loans you have? Yeah, I get it. And the reason I shared this question and knowing in advance there's no easy answer is because this is not the first question that we've gotten from listeners who are in that situation, who are like, I just don't know what I'm doing. I'm a single mom. I don't earn enough. All we can say is you need to take the time to invest in yourself and try to figure out a way to build wealth and whatever in whatever way you can.
Speaker 1: No, and I exactly like taking that that that extra time and energy to invest in educating yourself because there's so many, so many ways that you can make money without that don't involve you necessarily having to leave the house. But what are those ways like, Like, look at san Remember we had Sandy on Sandy was full time at HR professional and she started selling things on Amazon and she taught herself so well. She made eighty thousand dollars one year and she used it to pay off her student loan debt. So you know, there are opportunities out there. Is it a lot of work? Yes, I'm not going to pretend like it's not, but at least it's possible, and that's what you're looking for.
Speaker 2: As you're looking for those opportunities. Protect yourself too, yes, because there, I mean, you're in a vulnerable position and a lot of people who are looking for, you know, ways to build wealth. You can sometimes get sucked into something that's too good to be true, So do your due diligence with any opportunity that comes your way to you know, make additional funds. But you have to start, hey, to start looking. You know what, we haven't had Sandy on the show.
Speaker 1: Can you believe that we haven't had Sandy? Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, we tried, but Sandy got sick.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: That's my resolution is to get her on the show very soon. I tell you, Sandy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you guys would love Sandy.
Speaker 2: Well, all right, thank you very much for your question. Hang in there, hang in there, but start thinking now of ways you can. You know better than anyone else. You know what you have to offer and how you can leverage that potentially to increase.
Speaker 1: Your wealth exactly.
Speaker 2: All right, guys again, shoot us your questions at Brandon Mission Podcast on Instagram or you can send us an email directly at Brandamission Podcast at gmail dot com.
Speaker 1: And now it's time to boost a break for all our family. You gotta boost. You're gonna break.
Speaker 2: What you gonna do, Mandy, I'm gonna do a break, and I don't want you guys to come for me, but I have been feeling this way for quite a while. I love me. Who doesn't love Oprah? No, one doesn't love Oprah. Oprah is like, come on, She's like our god on Earth. But I don't like Oprah's favorite things. I'm kind of over it. I feel like every year I look at her list and I want to like the stuff that she has on it, but I just can't get into it. It's like more pajamas, more really expensive slippers. Like I checked out her favorite things this year thinking I would find I don't know it. Also, just like the word things, it's like, come on, just got to buy a bunch of stuff, and all this stuff on her list just none of it really appealed to me. And I feel like she's lost her favorite things. Touch. The one thing I think I would like from her list is Michelle Obama's Michelle Obama did like a guided journal that goes along with her book from last year called Becoming, which Oprah added to her list, And that's like the one thing. I just figured Oprah would have some good gift ideas that wouldn't you feel like I was just buying stuff stuff. Yeah, people were gonna just like, you know, throw into a closet. And I wanted to cheat sheet this year. You know, I don't have time to, you know, think about gifts and stuff. I thought she would come through for me, but.
Speaker 1: But I could see that though it is very consumer consumer driven esques like.
Speaker 2: Does she really wear Lady Gaga's might makeup? I don't know. It doesn't seem like, it doesn't seem authentical. Yeah, I'm being serious, I'm being honest.
Speaker 1: Well, I am going to boost. I'm gonna boost all of those people who make Thanksgiving dinners for other people. Thank you, Vonda, because a sister like me don't really cook like that. And so last year I think I ordered one year from this place called Just Fish. They don't do just fish obviously, they do Thanksgiving dinners and it was amazing. And then last year I did Vonda's. I'm doing Vonda's again this year because everybody doesn't cook. And what I love is that actually gets pretty economical, like once you get the turk and usually like four major sides. So we're having Thanksgiving for the first time at our house this year because we didn't live here last year, or we were, but it wasn't complete. So I'm excited about that. And I just want to boost the fact that, like you know, I know most people have that stress about like oh, what am I going to make? I'm like, what am I going to order? So yeah, that's when I'm boosted. Most of people who make Thanksgiving dinners for other people like me who are not the best. I'm not a terrible cook, but I'm not like a cook cook, and I really don't want to practice on Thanksgiving.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm thankful that you know you're laying. Yeah, because those of us who come to your house for you know, those of your family who coach. I wasn't invaded, but it's fine who come over. You don't want mediocre food? No, Like, come on, Christine, know if you can't cook, just acknowledge it, don't try, don't try.
Speaker 1: No, you're exactly Yeah, I love it. We are.
Speaker 2: I don't have any plans. I love to cook a big Thanksgiving dinner, but I'm tempted. I was tempted to try. I kept talking myself out of it. But I'm not gonna make a big plan to cook. We're gonna go to a family's house and not bring anything. I might be in labor, who knows, and then my water will break in the middle of dinner. It'll be all.
Speaker 1: Dramatic that you can tell your child your son. You were born on Thanksgipping and you were the best thing I was thankful for.
Speaker 2: Well, that would be nice. We'll see. I would like one last nice meal, you know, that would be That would be great. Well, I can't believe Thanksgiving is coming up. Oh my god, that's awesome. Though, you're gonna have your first Thanksgiving in the new I.
Speaker 1: Know, with both sides of the family, I'm not as nervous as I was about like our sides of the families combined, because they came together for the my birthday party and I was like, Okay, it wasn't it wasn't all of his family, but it was enough. So I'm like, okay, this was cute, nothing crazy, so we should be good.
Speaker 2: Wait, how long have y'all been together?
Speaker 1: A long time? But it's been like sporadic, like for example, like of course, like my sisters come over all the time, and his siblings come over. But like you know, like the older sides of our family, that's the part where it's.
Speaker 2: Like, okay, gotcha, Yeah, good luck to anyone having debates about politics Thanksgiving.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think that's gonna happen, hopefully, But so.
Speaker 2: I'm looking at her list again, thirty five dollars hot sauce, come on, oprah mm hmm, get out of here. Frankis five dollars Max. Oh yeah, yeah, well happy pre holiday season. Oh we are putting the lights up this weekend, just.
Speaker 1: To get that out of the way.
Speaker 2: It's on my to do list. I'm just gonna you know, my to do list is as long as hell. I'm just going to keep ticking it off until this baby comes. I guess, get my life and get my life in order. I'm very excited though, to get the lights up because last year we didn't get a chance to do anything Christmasy. Really didn't have a tree, didn't have lights outside because the house wasn't done yet.
Speaker 1: So try. Yeah, I definitely, I definitely want to do a little Christmas this year. So I'm like, I feel like we have such a great Chris because you've got a fireplace and this nice like staircase where you're like, yeah, i feel like we've got a really great Chris Christmas y looking house staircase.
Speaker 2: So you gotta do a family portrait, gotta get that Garland going.
Speaker 1: Yah, I can't wait.
Speaker 2: Well, tell us how you guys are celebrating the holidays this year. Maybe you're not celebriating. Maybe you're not doing this holidays this year. That's fine too. She does a Nope, tweet us. We don't even share our Twitter anymore. We're on Twitter and yeah we are at the BA podcast. Hit us up on the Instagram again at Brown Envision podcast on Instagram. I want to hear your holiday stories.
Speaker 1: Oh there, I tell you before we leave out, did I tell you that we have you know, I call my husband Superman. I call Alyssa my stepdaughter supergirl. And I call her mom, who's awesome chante supermom. So we're we every every other Wednesday now we have our super family dinner. And because I was like one of my things that I was like, you know, like turning forty had me reflective and I was like, what are some of the relationships I want to strengthen even further? And I was like, you know, that relationship between all of less because we are one big family, you know, we get our our Jada Picket Will Smith on, you.
Speaker 2: Know, and so it's all so lucky.
Speaker 1: So it's like it's been really it was really nice. The first one was two Wednesdays ago and it was really nice. I cooked, Yes, I do cook, not often, but I do. I cook the food. It's good supposedly, but it was nice because we just sat and laughed and talked, you know. And so it's we're having having it again. This time Superman's cooking. The next time it'll be super Mom and then we'll see if we let a Supergirl cook. But yeah, so it's been going good. It's just she's thirteen now, and I just want to like for it to be as she like to reiterate to her that like we are all one family, that there's that I mean, there's never really been any division that's been what's so awesome because her mom is awesome. But still it's important, especially at the age sheason now, to see like mature relationships in action. You know.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, as a child of divorce, that was not my experience. So I am all about that. It can only mean and it's good for her too, because she's a teenager now. She does not have time to go to house to house exactly, she's gonna start cutting y'all, you know, exactly cutting her out of your schedule, So you're making it more efficient for her in her teenage years. Yes, it all right, Well until next week. Be a fam we bid you adi I do band manager,