Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 1: I'm Carol Masser along with Tim Stenevik. Let's get to some stocks on the move on this Tuesday with us. Is Bloomberg TV Market's correspondent Nora Melinda joining us with stock movers. Let's talk about one that reported earnings after the close late yesterday.
Speaker 3: And the best performing stock in the SP five hundred today, we're seeing Palenteer heading forwards, biggest jump since twenty twenty four. Now this comes after the company did report that commercial sales rose one hundred and forty nine percent from a year prior. Now, this really is just pushing behind all the skeptics that had been thinking about whether or not Palenteer was actually going to be able to continue forward in this race city saying that it defied some of those critics. Those skeptics there, we know that the company raised revenue and profit both the forecast there and the CEO also called its demand for its AI software quotes otherworldly. So you are seeing the stock really being celebrated today was down about twenty nine percent year to day through yesterday's clothes. Take a look now, and it's down just about nine percent for that timeframe.
Speaker 1: Still twenty one percent lower than it's November high. Right, not to be a party pooper, but just yeah, but you're right, investors buying in in a big way. All right, let's head to Wayfair. It's company, Tim and I talk to the CFO, Kate Gulliver. I mean, this stock is just often running.
Speaker 3: Today, it is, and the tickler is pretty simple. W It's US sales actually grew at their fastest pace since twenty twenty one. So maybe we're back to those pandemic days where everyone's remodeling and bringing some furniture into their homes. But we really did see this all being buoyed by the fact that they're leaning a bit more into brick and mortar stores. We know that Wayfair has really been an online company for quite a while, but they have been branching out into some of those physical stores there and then also demand for some of it's high brands. It's paragold line I'm less familiar with, but apparently it's a hit. We're seeing shares of the company up about fifteen percent for twenty twenty six.
Speaker 4: Yeah, kay, Coliver told us what she mentioned that that part of the brand specifically, I mean, this is a standalone brand. You know much more about this than and she did point out.
Speaker 1: That it's about I think four hundred million dollars in sales. So she did say in terms of the perspective of the overall revenue line, but growing that higher end and I'm assuming, you know, maybe comes with higher margins, but you know, we will see. But Chelsea did talk about the stores that they have opened. I visited the Atlantis store, but they've got five more stores coming into twenty twenty seven. So this is certainly an initiative, and they're finding that they're getting new customers, wayfair customers that are coming into their stores specifically, so it's definitely been a boon for them. Just got a few seconds left here, Let's go to Chipotle.
Speaker 3: Chipotle. Maybe let's go I don't know, Charla, maybe we should avoid Chappotlee for this come.
Speaker 4: Seems like investors are avoiding.
Speaker 3: They arevoing to Chippotle. That's after a Bloomberg exclusive did report that the company remove jalapenos from multiple stores in Minnesota. It could be linked to salmonella, a salmonella outbreak that essentially has made about one hundred and ten people ill, but the full scope is still unclear. But we have been seeing that customers are other Mexican style restaurants have also fallen sick. If you think about what we've been watching so much when it comes to the food poisoning and the cyclosporo, right, this is of course something that is daunting for a lot of investors right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: According to the story, Chipotle proactively removed the halapanos and replaced them with products from different growers quote upon learning of a potential salmonella outbreak in the supply chain, impacting several food service retailers. This according to Laurie Shallow, Chippoli's chief corporate affairs and food safety officer.
Speaker 1: All right, so keeping an eye on all of that.
Speaker 2: The Stock Mover's Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Apple CarPlay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app