Speaker 1: Missing in Arizona contains graphic depictions of violence and may not be suitable for all listeners. This episode also discusses suicide. You can reach the National Suicide and Crisis Lifeline at nine to eighty eight from iHeartRadio and Neon thirty three. I'm John Walzac and this is Missing in Arizona, the story of a man who disappeared after allegedly killing his wife and kids, blowing up their suburban home, and escaping into the wilderness. Twenty three years later, I'm hunting Robert Fisher and I need your help, Part two without further ado Option number one escaped and is alive. This is what I believe. It's also what many lead investigators believe. In two thousand and six, less than three months before he dies, the first case detective John Kirkham tells the Arizona Republic, quote, no one believes Fisher's dead in a cave. We would have found some traits of his body by now. In twenty eleven, FBI agent Bob Caldwell says, quote, all our evidence has been that he's the kind of guy who wouldn't go kill himself. He's out there hunting, fishing, chewing, tobacco with a sore back. In twenty fourteen, then Detective Hugh Lockerbie says that Fisher is likely alive somewhere in the West where he can hunt fish and keep a low profile. The FBI keeps Fisher on its ten most Wanted lists until twenty twenty one, which makes sense only if you think he's alive. Many of the people who know fisherre best also think he's alive. Of the top thirty I interview, including friends, coworkers, and investigators, twenty believe Fisher is alive, seven think he's dead. Three are fifty to fifty. Not only do I believe Fisher is alive, but I think he premeditated the murders, planning them in detail. In advance, I interview three familicide experts. Fifty nine out of fifty nine cases David Wilson studied were premeditated. Neil Wautale tells me that premeditation is a strong element in the majority of cases. Taylor Oathouse says, quote, the overwhelming majority of familicides are premeditated. In the final months before the murders, Robert Fisher, a control freak, is rapidly losing control he's in pain popping pills. He needs surgery, but is terrified it'll paralyze him. He catches an STI likely gonnorrhea or chlamydia while cheating on Mary again. He grows paranoid, Scared Mary will find out. He starts to withdraw from church, friends, the gym, and then Mary finds out she got syphilis from him. The spark On April eighth, two thousand and one, only thirty six hours before the murders, Mary speaks to her friend Beth Anderson at church.
Speaker 2: We were standing out on one of the balconies in one of the buildings and I just said, hey, how was your week? And she just looked at me and she said not very good. And I said, oh my gosh, are you okay? Like, are you sick or what? She's like, I just can't do this anymore. I can't do this anymore with Robert. I'm going to end it. I don't care what I have to do to get out, but I am done. I am done. I was like, okay. It really kind of took me by surprise. I knew she wasn't happy for a long time, but I just said, I'll say a prayer for you. I didn't know what else to do.
Speaker 1: Beth sees Mary again the following night, around nine thirty pm at church, right before the murders.
Speaker 2: I asked her how she was doing, based on our conversation the day before, and she said, you know, I'm hanging in there. But she kind of like made a motion with her hands, like we can't talk about this right now. I mean, Bobby was nearby, not right there, but nearby, and I knew. I think it was just weighing so heavy on her. I don't know if she was afraid she would start crying or what. So I said, I get it, I get it. I said, I just want you to know I'm praying for you, and she said, thank you.
Speaker 3: I need it.
Speaker 1: Remember a few weeks earlier, Mary's friend Kim Davidson stopped by the Fisher House. Mary's hand was injured. She acted weird. Six days before the murders, Robert showed up at church looking for Mary and the kids. Mary seemed afraid of him. Beyond confiding in friends. Did Mary take any steps to leave Robert? Maybe police find a pamphlet for budget Mini storage in her abandoned forerunner. Was she thinking about moving out. Was she afraid Robert would hurt or even kill her? The night of the murders? There's a hammer in the master bedroom. Robert is OCD, a minimalist, obsessed with cleanliness and order. He doesn't normally leave anything lying around, let alone a hammer. Did Mary hide it as a defensive weapon? Did she buy a twenty five caliber pistol for protection? The caliber bullet according to one police report with which she was shot a gun Robert wasn't known to own. There's much I can't answer, However, here's what I think happened. My theory. To be clear, this is the line between facts and theory. What follows this theory informed by fact? Robert knows it's over. Mary's going to divorce him, but he thought he could salvage things. And Mary finds out he gave her syphilis. She knows he cheated again. This is the spark. She confronts Robert, and now he really knows. Game over, a final loss of control. Sixty six percent of familicides are triggered by family breakdown. Robert is about to lose his family. Soon, he'll be alone, in pain, facing surgery, possible disability, public humiliation, A failed husband, a failed father. As soon as he knows Mary's going to leave him, he starts debating what to do. In the weeks leading up to the murders, he makes a choice, burn it all down literally. He decides to kill Mary, wreak his house to explode, and critically escape, start a new life, purge the old, rise from the ashes. He chooses to kill his kids too. To him, death is mercy. They'll suffer more if they live motherless orphans of murder. The murders likely take place early on April tenth, two thousand and one, only three days before Robber's fortieth birthday, which I don't think is a coincidence. Robert plans everything meticulously he can cox a cover story and starts to act it out once he escapes. He wants people to think he died in the wild. That way, at some point they'll stop looking for him, or at least some people will. According to former FBI agent Bob Caldwell, a week or two before the murders, Robert tells his mom that he's lugging seven hundred pounds of supplies into the wilderness.
Speaker 4: Okay, seven hundred pounds of supplies. What did he take where would he have deposited it at, And being as Robert has a bad back, it's not like he was hiking over a mountain pulling all this stuff up, and it had to be somewhere he could easily get to it and deposit wherever he was going to put it, whether he could drive up to it or is a very short walk.
Speaker 1: Or he lied. He never actually transported seven hundred pounds of supplies into the woods right before the murders. No one ever found any of his belongings, let alone an easily accessible secret seven hundred pounds stash. It makes more sense to me that this is a red herring. Mom, I just drag seven hundred pounds of supplies into the wilderness, which, of course, after the murders, his mom tells police. On April ninth, at popular outdoor outfitters, Robert makes a big show of asking Ian, the eighteen year old store clerk, the last person to see him alive, how to purify water. This is only a few hours before the murders, so either Robert hasn't planned them yet unlikely, or again it's a red herring. Mister cashier, how do you purify water? Ian gets the impression that Robert is planning on camping for quite a long time. Robert tells him he's going to draw water from a cattle hole. He's worried about viruses. At seven point fifty five, he swipes his credit card. He and Brittany head home. Mary and Bobby get back around nine point forty. A neighbor hears Robert and Mary fighting around ten. At ten forty two, Robert's caught on camera at a nearby ATM. To me, this seems like part of the show. He knows he'll be filmed at the ATM. I'll circle back to this in a bit. After the ATM, no one knows if Robert goes home or flees. That's the old story, But I found two new witnesses who see Mary's for runner at the Fisher House early on April tenth, a neighbor at three thirty am, and a newspaper delivery man, Bud Wolf, at five thirty. So after the ATM, Robert returns home, though it's unclear whether or not he stops anywhere else before doing so. By the time he gets back, Mary and the kids are likely asleep. The kids usually go to bed by nine, Mary by ten. If Robert heads home directly, he's there by ten fifty pm on April ninth. At one thirty am on April tenth, his cell phone powers down. It never turns back on. My best guess is that Robert commits the murder shortly before shutting off his phone, so sometime around one am on April tenth, and then he remains at the house for at least four and a half hours. He's still there at five thirty, but gone by seven thirty. He likely flees sometime between five thirty when Bud Wolf sees Forerunner and six zh three when the sun rises. The murders are brutal, but Robert is used to gore. He has military training. As a firefighter and EMT he responded to bloody accidents and suicides, including one in which someone killed himself in a car and it burst into flames. He then worked for thirteen years in stressful hospital settings. His former coworker, John Hatfield tells me that people like Robert they have.
Speaker 5: A low anxiety level. When things need to get done. You just kind of know what you're going to do because you're trained, you're educated, you know what the process is, so it's almost reflexive. You don't have to think about it, you just can do it. It's almost like you're stepping back and even if though people may be on a verge of death, you know that you're doing what you need to do to prevent it. Through training, the anxiety level is just not there.
Speaker 1: A Fisher family friend who doesn't want to be named, tells me a story that illustrates, in a bizarre way, how calm Robert can remain under pressure. Sometime in the eighties or nineties, when hair was big and full of spray, Robert, Mary and some friends were sitting around the campfire making s'mores when Mary's hair caught on fire. Quote it wasn't like flaming, but it was on fire, and Robert stood next to her and was just looking at her. I'm like, he's a fricking fireman, what's going on with that? Like put out her hair fire, but someone else did it with their jacket, so he froze. He was just looking with interest, very cool and collected. That's it. It was really weird. It's ironic that this man so desperate to be a hero, does nothing when his wife's head literally catches on fire. All this to say, even though I doubt anyone but the most callous sociopath can murder their family and not feel anxiety. Robert is as prepared as anyone to handle stress and gore, both via his training military firefighter, EMT hospital hunter and his personality. He doesn't buckle under pressure. He remains calm under fire, observing fire, lighting fire. He can execute his plan. His family just do what has to be done. After the murders, Robert riggs the house to explode. Why please say he wants to destroy evidence. I don't buy it again, Military firefighter, EMT hospitals, Robert must know a police will immediately suspect me and be the fire won't destroy everything. If he's rational enough to successfully pull off a triple murder, blow up his house, and escape for twenty three years, he's rational enough to think these simple logical thoughts. I think he blows up the house for two reasons. First, as a violent, forceful purge, detonating the past to start over fresh, incinerating who he was so he can rise anew. According to familicide expert David Wilson, annihilators like Robert want to demonstrate power first over their family and later over the family's demise.
Speaker 6: It will be dramatic. There's an element of staging. Usually staging behavior is very important. Has rarely discussed how they want the bodies to be found in a particular way. They want to tell a story.
Speaker 1: In this case, I'm still in control. My family didn't break up. I destroyed it, but I showed mercy. Everyone was asleep when I killed them, as quickly as possible so they wouldn't suffer. And now I'm blowing up my house, burning it down, getting rid of the past, starting over, and this a fresh start. Is the second reason why I think Fisher blows up his house to destroy photos and videos that can help police find him. John List did something similar minus the fire, after killing his family in nineteen seventy one. He cut his face out of every photo he could find. It's one of the reasons he successfully escaped and lived on the lamb for eighteen years. In two thousand and one, when Robert kills his family. There are no smartphones. You take pictures, you develop them. It's pricey. Choose your shots wisely. Fisher is smart. After two years of research, I've only been able to find twenty eight photos of him as an adult, and some grainy video. I'm unaware of any surviving photos or video of Fisher taken after nineteen ninety nine. Now, if my theory's correct, Fisher makes one big mistake. He leaves his fire safe locked. The safe works, it protects some photos and videos, a diabolical advertisement for the efficacy of the safe. I suppose I'll return to this in a later episode. After rigging the house to explode, Robert flees. Where does he go? I don't know, but few people think he drives immediately to the forerunner spot. When police later find it, they also find his dog Blue. Patty Blackmore, the vet who rescues Blue, and her friend Samantha Wright, who's there that day too. Think Blues alone in the woods for only a short amount of time.
Speaker 7: If he had gone without food and water for ten days, he would have been a lot sicker than he was. He was hungry, but he wasn't amazing. He'd probably been there there too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So you don't think he had been there full ten days?
Speaker 8: I don't think so, No, because he was still pretty I mean, yeah, he wasn't amazing.
Speaker 7: He looked very, very healthy. Yes, he was hungry, but not ten days, starting without the water, because he by that point he would have been dragging or dead, you know, especially without the water.
Speaker 1: If Blue is alone for only a day or two, where was he before? Does Robert hide somewhere else after the murders and then abandoned the suv and Blue? Finally, why does Robert choose this particular spot? Let me start with that. I think Robert carefully selects the Forerunner spot as part of his plan to trick law enforcement, the public, and the media into believing he walked into the the wild and died. He's supposed to go camping at this exact spot only a few days after the murders with family and friends, including John and Mary Beth Rodin.
Speaker 8: I think that was a big clue that he gave us, and no one would listen.
Speaker 9: What do you mean he had a specific spot that he wanted to go. Normally, it didn't matter too much. Okay, you picked the spot, and being John picked the spot, we go places. I knew at this particular time that this was the spot, and it's really wanted to camp with this one spot.
Speaker 8: And because I knew that was weird, I went to the police and said, hey, because of this, I know we need to look. I said it will go with you and they said, no, we can't. We're not going to do that, and that's where they found the car.
Speaker 1: Jim road In. John's brother supports this claim.
Speaker 4: Mary Beth said go look for him there.
Speaker 10: They didn't do that for ten days.
Speaker 1: Robert's friend and former co worker, Ashley's Arsty also points police in the right direction.
Speaker 2: If he's alive, and if he's in Arizona, you'll find him in northern Arizona told him a goot.
Speaker 1: Young friend and boss Lori Greenbeck says the same thing. When you knew that he was missing, did you try to tell the authorities to look in that area?
Speaker 8: We did tell them.
Speaker 1: One of Robert's friends and co workers, who doesn't want to be named, also tells police early on to look for Robert at the spot where they later find the Forerunner.
Speaker 10: Because he used it as a staging area.
Speaker 5: But in my mind it was how close it was to the reservation.
Speaker 1: I'll get back to that in a minute, but first ask yourself, why does Robert abandon the suv at a spot where he's supposed to go camping in a few days, A spot immediately pinpointed to police by multiple people. Now, initially police don't actually search it. Instead, it's located nine days later by Greg the itinerant camper. It would be easy for me to criticize the cops here, but in this case, I don't think that's fair. Arizona is huge. They have limited manpower. They can't instantly examine every single lead. Instead, focus on why Robert chooses this spot. I think he thinks police will check it quickly based on tips from people like the Rodents, the anonymous co worker, Ashley's Zarsky, and Lori Greenbeck. They'll find the forerunner and then they'll divert limited resources to this spot, thereby concentrating law enforcement in the wrong area, giving Robert more time to escape. He also chooses it because it's frustrating and time consuming to search. It's only eight hundred and ninety feet from the Ford Apache Indian Reservation stayed in local law enforcement aren't permitted to cross onto tribal land without permission. They get it, but it takes time. Furthermore, this spot is only one hundred and fifty feet from Apex Cave. Police immediately think Fisher's in the cave. Swat teams circle it. They call on a plumber who snakes in a drain camera. He's not here. They move on to other caves. He's not in any of them. All of this takes time. If you're on the run, if you want to complicate things, if you want to buy time to escape, if you want people to think you died in the wilderness. This is the perfect spot, a spot where you're supposed to go camping in a few days, a spot police will likely search quickly. They'll find the forerunner next to an Indian reservation and a cave in the middle of a two point nine million acre national forest. It's brilliant, really. Some people dispute that the forerunner's proximity to tribal land complicates the search. They're wrong. Heala County Detective Brian Havy tells me that it was, in fact an issue. Consider a different incident from twenty eighteen. Two men parachute out of a vintage World War Two plane above the reservation. Their plane crashes into the forest below. They survive, but can't find it. They put up a reward and end up in a battle with the tribe, which, according to the Arizona Republic says they're encouraging people to violate tribal and federal law. The tribe is understandably very protective of its land and sovereignty. I reach out to several officials for comment. No one responds. I file a record's request with tribal police. They deny it. Some people might say that Robert chooses the fore Runner spot not as part of an elaborate escape plan, but because he knows it, he likes it. It's peaceful, remote, beautiful. This is where he chooses to die by suicide. If he wants to escape, he could keep driving to another state, even Mexico. The border is only three hours away. So why does he stop here? The simple answer Occam's razor to die. But what about Blue? If Robert walks into the woods to die, why does Blue stay with the fore erunner not Robert? Here? Again, are Patty Blackmore at the vet and her friend Samantha Wright.
Speaker 7: If Blue is outside and Robert Fisher wandered off, I think Blue would have followed him.
Speaker 1: Do you see any scenario in which Robert Fisher goes into the wilderness and says stay and Blue does not follow him.
Speaker 7: No, it would have to be a really good dog for that.
Speaker 1: So now Robert the control freak is unsurprisingly strict with his dogs. He trains them well. You see it in home videos with his black lab Ruger.
Speaker 11: Ruger Good, get right, Boke, Okay, stay, Rugers good dash, good dog.
Speaker 1: One of Robert's friends, who doesn't want to be named, tells me a story. In the late eighties, Robert would claim pots and pants in front of Ruger, training him not to be jumpy around loud noises, not to be gun shy. That way he could bring him hunting. The friend had stunt blanks from a movie set. He gave them to Robert one Friday night in his backyard. Robert told Ruger to sit, and then he started shooting blanks. At the time, there was a football game taking place at a nearby high school. Police surrounded the house, the friend said, and Robert came close to getting shot. This incident has never been reported. In the nineties, after Ruger dies, Robert gets Blue, an Australian cattle dog. By all accounts, he also trains Blue well, but no dog can be trained to remain indefinitely within suv as their owner wanders into the woods to commit suicide. Here's a limit for an expert opinion.
Speaker 3: I consult doctor Amy Learn.
Speaker 1: A board certified veterinary behaviorist and the owner of Animal Behavior Wellness Center in Richmond, Virginia.
Speaker 3: I completed an internship and a residency, had to write a peer reviewed article and have that published, and log tons and tons of hours in animal behavior study, different topics like learning theory, psychiatry, medical neuroscience, different psychiatric medications, learn about lots and lots of different species of animals. And then here I am today.
Speaker 12: And you see a world in which Robert Fisher walks off to commit suicide and Blue just sits there by the truck and doesn't follow home.
Speaker 3: No, I can't, honestly, let's just say that this is the best trained dog in the universe ever. And he asked him to say, and he can stay for hours, and he walks off and commits suicide. At some point, that dog has to get up, he has to got to go to the bathroom, he's got to eat. He gets up, and it's been a long enough time that the owner's not there, and he's like, I think maybe I can get up, you know, looking around, like am I gonna get in trouble. No, I can get up. I don't see anybody. I'm gonna get up now. So he gets up, and then once he gets up, he doesn't remember that he should go back to his spot and sit down again. He's like, what do I do now? Okay, I ate something, I drank something. Where's my guy? Like, let's go play, let's go on a hike, let's do something else. And so he's gonna start sniffing around. And again, this isn't a search and rescue dog, but he still has a dog sense of smell, and so he can track and find out where Robert went to some degree and go there. Now again, that depends on the terrain and if he has to climb up and over or through. We all watch those old jailbreak movies where somebody just crosses the river and then the dogs never find them because they're on the other side of the river. But you know, I don't know if any of those kinds of things would have gotten in a way, but I believe that Blue could have tracked him if he was there, you know, within a mile two miles of the car, and then gone to find him and stayed with the body.
Speaker 12: Do you think that is likely that he would have tracked him if he could.
Speaker 3: I think if they have the bond that you're thinking they do and that you're describing, that he would have tracked him, because again, that's the only person being that he knows, that's his way out, that's his food provider, and he's going to be like, when are we going home?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 3: Most of the time, if you think about going with your dog to a park or the woods or hiking, they're with you. They'll go run off and chase something, and they'll come back and check in with you. And most of the time that's what a hike looks like, even if you're off in the wilderness. And so for Blue to stay somewhere well his person left, or for Blue to really go off, if he wasn't chasing a rabbit or some kind of prey item, then he would have stayed or continued to check in with his person.
Speaker 12: And if his person had been nearby, or he had been able to track his person, which was Robert, even if Robert had died, it would make sense that Blue would use Robert as his base instead of the vehicle.
Speaker 3: So the vehicle, I think, so if Robert really was going to commit suicide. I think that Blue would have followed him as much as he could have, no depending on where he meandered and if Blue could go with him. And then you would see a dog sitting by the owner's body. Here, I am, here's my owner. I'm not going to leave him. I'm going to stay here.
Speaker 1: There are many examples of this. In fact, we included one earlier in this episode, the dog who stayed with its owner's bodies from fall to spring after a murder suicide in the Arizona Wilderness. Here's another. In twenty twenty three, a Jack Russell terrier remained with his owner's body for two months in an isolated, rugged part of Colorado until searchers found them. Experts aside, examples aside, Let's just use common sense. Does it make more sense that Blue remains near the Forerunner as Robert walks into the wild to die, or that he stays near the Forerunner because someone picks up Robert and drives him away. If you like this show, please download our first two seasons, Missing in Alaska and Missing on nine to eleven. For updates, visit meon thirty three dot com or follow me on Twitter at John waalzac j O, n Wa l Czak. Thanks for listening.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: One of the most confounding questions of this case, why does Robert leave Blue alive? Is this an act of love from a man who just killed his family? I don't think so. First, Blue would have served as an early warning system, alerting Robert if people or vehicles approached. Second, I think Blue is part one of a three part signature, Robert telling the world. I was here One Mary's fore Runner, two Blue, three Robert's black ball cap, the one he wears the night of April ninth at the ATM. Hello, police, Here, I am on camera at an ATM, wearing this hat. It's me Robert. If you're thinking, who cares, it's just a hat, consider this. When police find the fore Runner, none of Robert's belongings are in it except the hat. No camping equipment, no guns, no clothes, nothing, just the hat. What's even more interesting is where they find it. Keela County Detective Brian Havy is the first cop to reach the Forerunner.
Speaker 10: It was an unlocked, unsecured vehicle, bare bones, nothing in it, and the only thing that I recall being in there was a ball cap on the seat, and I think it was on the back of the saint, just threshting there, you know, Pat, or in the in between the two, just reshting there like the arms. No up on the where your shoulder would be. He was sitting right there likego his place there.
Speaker 1: Like it was placed there, And it must have been, because it didn't just fall off his head neatly onto the corner of a car seat. So Robert dumps the foreerunner and Blue and the ball cap, three signatures I was here, and nothing else, none of his stuff. Question, if Robert chooses to die by suicide in the wild, does it make sense that he drags all of his stuff with him, except, of course, the black ball cap he wore at the atm. Does it make sense that, instead of just walking to a nearby hill or tree, he takes every single item with him except the hat, and no one ever find anything, and Blue stays with the forerunner. Does that make sense? Not to me? Furthermore, it makes even less sense when you consider his health. He's in pain, he needs surgery, he's popping pills. Jim Roden, his friend, tells me about a hunting trip they took in nineteen ninety seven, four years before the murders.
Speaker 10: Because of his back, I carried his pack, his gear for the night back into the back country.
Speaker 1: Robert is in so much pain on this trip, Jim has to carry his pack for him. Take a guess at how much the pack weighs. Twenty five pounds. Twenty five pounds. That's nothing. So the idea that a suicidal Robert Fisher carts everything with him into the wilderness, except, of course, the black ball cap, and none of his stuff has ever found is ridiculous. So too is the idea that he morphs into a speedy little gollum, dragging everything deep into a cave. Not to mention, he seems to be addicted to opioids, which at some point will run out. Now let me circle back to the Forerunner when police find it. It's very clean. Some dirt, some pine needles, but no mud caked inside or out, even though the windows are rolled down and the weather has at points been bad sleep snow, wind, rain, no muddy footprints, no dog prints. I've been to that spot several times. Each time it was dry, my car got absolutely caked in dirt. If it was wet, it would have been caked in mud. There's no way to make it there without getting dirty, except I suppose maybe driving very slow or cleaning it once you get there, like say, if you want to remove evidence. One more question, why does Robert take the Forerunner instead of his truck. Well, the Forerunner has more cab space in which the store stuff or sleep. The fore Runner is more inconspicuous, less flashy, quieter, it gets better gas mileage. Neither vehicle is four wheel drive, so that's irrelevant. More space, less flashy, better gas mileage. Robert Fisher is spiraling out of control. His back hurts, his knee hurts. He needs surgery. He's scared it'll paralyze him. He's popping pills. He cheats on Mary, gets gonorrhea or chlamydia and syphilis, gives it to Mary. She finds out and confronts him. It's over control gone. He's about to be a divorced, middle aged cyphilid man. Pitied by the community, he decides to kill Mary and the kids to blow up his house to escape. He starts to play out a cover story. Tells his mom he lugged seven hundred pounds of supplies into the wilderness, tells the rodents that they have to go camping at this exact spot near young He tries to act normal, goes to the movies with Mary to Brittany's Honor Society event. Stops at popular outdoor outfitters where he asks an eighteen year old cashier how to purify water. He heads home, fights with Mary, drives to the atm and Mary's suv, which is caught on camera. Wears his black ball cap, also caught on camera. Goes home again. Everyone's asleep. He kills them, slits their throats, first Mary, then the kids. He shoots Mary in the head the fuck you shot, turns off his phone, cleans up, packs his stuff into Mary's Forerunner, breaks the house to explode, drives off, goes somewhere, drops off the Forerunner in the woods, cleans it up, places the black ball cap on a seat corner, dumps blue only eight hundred and ninety feet from a reservation, one hundred and fifty feet from a cave in the middle of a two point nine million acre national forest. Good luck to the cops. Someone picks him up and helps him escape. He lives. He's still alive today. This is my theory which I test on Scott Still. Lieutenant Hugh Lockerby, You've looked at this for the better part of my life, so you know more than me. If there's something wrong with my logic, I want to hear you tell me.
Speaker 13: I like your theory and trust me. We've discussed that same theory and there's nothing to really refute it. There's nothing to say that that isn't what happened. I just don't know. I can see why you would think that, and I think you are looking at through a lens that is pretty accurate because you're looking at things from a factual standpoint, and it definitely definitely could have been why. I don't know if it's I can't say it's for one hundred percent accuracy though. You just don't know right now, but it's definitely something that he could have done, and that's why he did what he did.
Speaker 1: One thing I always ask our team before these shows air is if I say something or right something written me to shreds because everybody else will a minute will come out. Do you see generally any flaws with my logic or anything. Did anything I say pop out that just doesn't make sense to you?
Speaker 13: Or yeah, I mean I'm trying to think he said a lot, So I'm trying to go back and rip it to shreds. I'm trying to figure out what I could rip you on.
Speaker 1: Nothing. He doesn't rip me to shreds now. That doesn't mean he endorses my entire theory, just that he gets my logic. In previous seasons, I resisted stating my theories. Not this time. I think Robert Fisher escaped. I think he's alive. I want to find him and I need your help. Let me leave you with this clip from my interview with Miss Honey, Britney Fisher's teacher, the second to last person to see and speak with Robert Fisher that we know of, because I think someone helped him. I'll get to that in a later episode. Here's Miss Honey.
Speaker 12: He had a.
Speaker 14: Plan, and I know he did. I feel it, and I feel like often wonder what family he has now and who his kids are now, and my senses he started over and people like that can be very manipulative, and hopefully no one else will be his next victim.
Speaker 12: End of Part two.
Speaker 1: Next time, I'm missing in Arizona.
Speaker 12: Why are you trying so hard to find me? Because this is a fascinating case.
Speaker 1: I want to solve it, and because you hurt so many people, I want to help them.
Speaker 11: All Right, come on, then ask me some real questions.
Speaker 1: You can reach us by phone at one eight three three new tips that's one eight three three six three nine eight four seven seven, by email at tips at iHeartMedia dot com, tips at iHeartMedia dot com, online at meon thirty three dot com, or on Twitter at John Waalzac, Jo n Wa l Czak. Paul Decan is our executive producer. Chris Brown is our supervising producer, Hannah Rose Snyder is our producer. Paul Gemperlin is our researcher. Ben Bolan is a consulting producer. And I'm your host and executive producer John Walzac Special thanks to Jim John and Mary Beth Rodin. Cover art by Pam Peacock Neon thirty three. Logo designed by Derek Rudy. Our intro song is Utopia by Ruby Cube. Please download the first two seasons of our show, Missing in Alaska and Missing on nine to eleven, and if you're so inclined, give us a five star rating. Missing in Arizona is a co production of iHeartRadio and Neon thirty three