Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to season two ninety two, Episode two, after.
Speaker 2: Danny's Eye Gist Day production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: This is a podcast where we take a deep dive into America, share conciousness. It's Thursday, June twenty second, twenty twenty three.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you know what time it is? You know what time it is? Jack, I know exactly what time it is. Oh good, it's good to know because this twenty wait what is it the twenty second?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I knew that. It's National Onion rings Day. Okay, shout out mine one of my favorite, actually, I think one of the more underrated. Fried flush National HVAC Tech Day, obviously with the heat out there, shout out to everybody keeping that heating, ventilation, air conditioning systems all in check. National Chocolate Declare Day, also World Rainforest Day, and National Kissing Day. This is your babies, kiss your loved ones.
Speaker 1: I don't think that was out until rainforests and kissing.
Speaker 2: There you go, there you go.
Speaker 1: Well, Miles, my name is Jack O'Brien aka Come Grimas, Come Grims Grimace, Come, Come, come Grimas Grandma's come.
Speaker 2: Come tell me that your love in it and put it on my tongue.
Speaker 1: That is courtesy of southa Door Jolly on the Discord politely spelled it com e, which was nice of them, even though we we know what's really up. Also, some people are going out and tasting the Grimace Come milkshake, and it almost seems like they think they're doing it on air.
Speaker 2: Behalf bro like I have gone bravely to the arches to taste.
Speaker 1: I just I just want to make sure it's clear we're not endorsing this product. We're just saying that it is clearly Grimace Come that If that is intriguing to you as it is to me, that's great, but that's embrace embrace it, but just don't don't be mad at me when it tastes that. I think one of the reviews was purple bubblegum and an Ui how Oni Yeah, wow, didn't you an idiot?
Speaker 2: Fucking idiot? I knew that.
Speaker 1: For some reason wasn't clicking today anyway, Philosopher may.
Speaker 2: On that one, and U I and U I n Yu the University.
Speaker 1: I'm thrilled to be joined as always by my co host, mister Miles.
Speaker 2: Gradh Wow on we baby b anyway, Miles gray a k A. Look, this is from Christy Almagucci Man, because we did what's his face? Uh loan muskrat. Yeah, a loan scum was out here saying, you know, cis gender is now a slur. So allow me to introduce myself, Miles Great aka ciscull and Ebert aka Sissy Cis Demeanor, Elliott aka Sissypus a k A. Sissy Spaceic aka Twisted Sister aka System of a Down aka Sister Sister. Okay, thank you to Christy Amagucci Man, not wobble House for those wonderful a K's and all the other people who hopped in that thread. Wonderful. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Biz came in with Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants.
Speaker 2: Yes, was pretty good. Another good, what was it at Drew Gott's put Cisco like that thong the dong dong thong. Yeah, yeah yeah, And Sister Christian night Ranger sister, because you're motoring that song is everywhere these days, is it? Yeah? It's in air.
Speaker 1: I believe it's it's pretty prominently featured in air. But I feel like once it had its boogie night scene, it was it was over for all those other hoes. Journey anyways, Miles, You're thrilled to be joined in our third seat by a very funny comedian activist. She's the host of the great award winning podcast Good Muslim, Bad Muslim, the singer Fellow on Comedy at the Pop Culture Collapse. She's written in The New York Times, wrote and performed a piece on something called Fresh Air for some lady named Terry Gross. Is the hilarious. The talent is Zara Normal.
Speaker 3: You know, I had a crush on the Grimace as a kid. No why The Grimace and the Hamburglar were like my early pan jam Like yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: What you had like like an awakening looking at Grimace.
Speaker 3: A little bit, okay in retrospect, Yeah, now that I appreciate my weird and kink.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm like, okay, I don't think. I just let me get screenshare really quick because I just want to I just want to bring images of this to the forefront. Okay, here we go. Okay, so let's.
Speaker 3: Yes, oh look at that.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, this one can get it with the teeth.
Speaker 1: Oh baby, Oh no, Grimace with teeth is really troubling.
Speaker 2: Yeah that happened. I mean, I don't know. Jack speak for yourself. I'm like, I bite, yeah, ship baby.
Speaker 1: Although without the teeth also troubling because his mouth just looks weird, and I like this one Grimace's mouth, there's a whole problem.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, okay, you know what Grimace was shades on Okay, yeah, Grimace can get it.
Speaker 1: He's like kind of giving perpetual duck face, like he looks like he has lip.
Speaker 2: Fillery's gender is Grimace gender? I think Grimace is.
Speaker 3: Like Grimace is non binary.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, okay, so MS.
Speaker 3: Is like purple Tellotubby, like early purple Teletubby, like yeah, and he was always sort of like gyrating.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was a little Yeah, he moves a little bit more dynamic than the his amorphous form would have you believe, where the.
Speaker 1: Hamburgers always kind of sneaking around and yeah, what about the Hamburgers?
Speaker 2: Something something about this like.
Speaker 3: There's always like so deviant, very queer to me, they were both very queer.
Speaker 2: So yeah, right here look at that. Yeah, just ooh, what's what's up with these burgers? Okay?
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, we're looking at an animatronic and the big movement that they've given him is his eyes.
Speaker 3: Shady eyes, let's make a kinky sandwich.
Speaker 2: And they're just burgers with so many preservatives, and top it off with a grammars Cum milkshake. Why not? Yeah? Why not?
Speaker 3: And sawdust?
Speaker 2: What's new with you?
Speaker 1: You are breaking a record here, or at least approaching a record.
Speaker 3: I'm so excited about breaking records.
Speaker 1: Yes, for among the most pregnant people that we've ever had.
Speaker 3: I'm pregnant thirty seven weeks and three days.
Speaker 2: There you go already dilated.
Speaker 3: That two centimeters dilated.
Speaker 2: Look at you. That's going on?
Speaker 3: And I have COVID, know, which is why I sound like this.
Speaker 2: The dedication.
Speaker 3: I'm so dedicated. Yeah, they wanted to induce me, and I told them to wait until I do this.
Speaker 2: Well you did run.
Speaker 1: You ran it by Miles and I and we were like that, actually you know two you you ran it by this a couple of weeks ago. We said, two weeks is not that much time for us to book a backup, guessed and so yeah, I don't want to work.
Speaker 2: And then this morning, when you're like, guys have COVID, I was like, and we got a show to record.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're not recording this in person?
Speaker 2: Sorry?
Speaker 1: Is it is that why you're sharing that information with me, because otherwise it sounds like a.
Speaker 2: YP not an MP. I'm not going to tell you about it, but how is it? How you feeling? You're you're right there, you're on the doorstep feeling good?
Speaker 3: Yo, you know, I feel surprisingly well right now. I'm glowy, my hair's voluminous.
Speaker 2: Oh my hot. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And that's pronounced v l o U m E. Is that volume.
Speaker 3: Pronounce ven iOS ven i? Yeah, it's very value me And uh, what else can I tell you? I'm walking a ton Yeah that's great, and uh, like, you know, just really feeling this. I've been taking hypno birthing classes.
Speaker 2: Damn, what is that? Like a genre of music?
Speaker 3: It could be. There's like a lot of meditation, panting. It's it's really fascinating. There's some of it that is like a little bit you know, like cis white woman feminism of the seventies. That's like, okay, let's you know. Some of it is a little bit ablest and it's like pain is the devil and don't think about pain.
Speaker 2: Pain is just fear. And actually yeah.
Speaker 3: And so I'm a person who had chronic pain in her thirties and I had to work my way through it, and so, like I dig a lot of the lessons about it. Of like they provide you with the most visualizations I've ever gotten in a birthing class. So like I know at every single stage of my labor what my uterus is doing, why, how, what's going on? What are the potential And I have pictures they do like I had classes with like play dooh and like tactile shit holy.
Speaker 2: Shit, oh wow.
Speaker 1: Is it like you're giving your baby that experience through your connection or that's just for.
Speaker 3: You, No, it's just for me. It's so that I go in knowing because with pain, when you don't know what's going on, absolutely, it's more painful, right yeah, because that's how pain works. It's sort of a general It's kind of like anxiety when you have an emotion you can't identify and you're just anxious. Sure, yeah, but once you identify, Oh, I'm pissed at you.
Speaker 2: Right right?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 2: Right? Oh, this is tracting, this is this happening, which exactly that's good because you're building up this like psychological scaffolding for you to like enforce your mentality going through what is going to be an experience like any other that I'm unable to imagine or experience. But your heart, Oh my.
Speaker 1: God, I've ever seen a human being do like just so so incredible.
Speaker 2: I had so much anxiety going into like the birth of my kid, because like I'm like, how do I help? You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: This is, but this is everything they give us so that it stops being sort of like monumentous in grandiose or on the flip side, terrifying and anxiety provoking, and instead lives as this like very natural, very biological, organic thing that your body is primarily ready to do. That Like yo, folks, women and comas give birth right and it's all about like relaxing, which, of course cut to the day I give birth and I'm like on the window stabbing my husband. Duncan, this is the worst period I've ever experienced.
Speaker 2: You're like, give me an epidural, Like give me that needle.
Speaker 3: We're my husband, just for you, let me do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Oh well, I'm very excited, very excited for you. Stoked.
Speaker 3: I'm actually genuinely excited for labor. I'm an extreme sports junkie. I'm very curious about how this is gonna go yeah, I'm taking bets if y'all think I'm going to cave in the first five minutes.
Speaker 2: Okay, So what I'll take. I'd have to see your birthing plan to be able to assess how much, how how much you'll stick to it. But if I see your birthing plan and get a little bit of background on how other labors labors have been your family, I might give you over over under.
Speaker 3: On my mom, I was three weeks early. She gave birth me in two hours. First kid, oh shit, so the second no epidural. My sister she came two weeks early. No epidural.
Speaker 2: She birthed my.
Speaker 3: Sister in an hour.
Speaker 2: Yeah damn.
Speaker 3: My brother three hours, my little sister four.
Speaker 2: Oh and wait, and you're the oldest.
Speaker 3: I'm the oldest. I came in two hours. Wow.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm thinking, you know, I don't know. Again, I don't I'm not gonna. I don't want to speak on that. I don't want to now.
Speaker 3: My mom was seventeen and I am forty three years old.
Speaker 2: Folks, Wow, okay a little bit. Yeah, twenty six years right there?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, what's that differential on the PUBLC floor?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Well, we're gonna get to know you a little bit better in the moment. First, a couple of things we're talking about. We are talking about Republicans being back on their fuckery with regards to the debt ceiling. Tryan posed to the pelvic floor the debt ceiling. We're going to talk about Molly being you to address racism. We're going to talk about Joe Biden ruining cost Co, other concerns on the right currently. All of that plenty more. But first we do like to ask our guests, what is something from your search history?
Speaker 3: Okay, this morning I searched can I have overnight French toast in thirty minutes?
Speaker 2: What that means?
Speaker 3: Okay, So I do this thing regularly where I'm a Gemini. I always forget to pre prep and I don't do the pre prep for the food that I want, but I still want it.
Speaker 2: Oh, you mean to like soak the bread for French toasts?
Speaker 3: Yeah, because you have to for overnight French toast. It's phenomenal. You soak the bread in the egg mixture with the cinnamon and everything, and then the next morning you pop it in the oven for fifteen minutes and it's just like ready it might be like forty five minutes.
Speaker 2: Oh shit, I didn't. I never even knew it like that.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, it's phenomenal.
Speaker 2: Wow, Okay, I've never done that. That's I've always known it, just like on the spot, like you got your stale bread or whatever that you're trying to turn up and then.
Speaker 3: You are missing out on the soak.
Speaker 2: It is so custardy, Oh, custody.
Speaker 3: And it's got that like sugar.
Speaker 2: Char yeah yeah, like a little crembroulet kind of little action. Yeah. Yeah, okay, I'm in Oh and you were trying to say, can I speed this process up? Can we move this along?
Speaker 3: The very American like, yeah, but.
Speaker 1: I need can I turn this grape juice into wine in the microwave over the forty five minutes?
Speaker 2: Have also googled that once in my life, how quick grape juice become wine?
Speaker 3: Right now?
Speaker 2: Please? Yeah? Yeah? Right now? Thirty minutes? And what and you I'm imagining that that search rendered maybe your heart slightly broken a little bit.
Speaker 3: I'm in denial still.
Speaker 2: Yeah, couldn't you do it like some kind of pressurized yeah, scientifically right?
Speaker 1: Couldn't you put something like a pressure maker that maybe Yeah.
Speaker 3: You and I are in sync on this, because my next move was going to be to look up the instapot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it feels like thing or like a pressurized environment where you put the mixture in the bread and you pressurize the pressure situation. Yeah, it's just like I.
Speaker 3: Have a rocket scientist friend at JPL that I hit up for these kinds of moments.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Were they any help every time? Okay? Great, except for this? What is something you think is overrated?
Speaker 3: Okay? Whenever people talk about pregnancy, they're always like, it's like an alien growing inside of you.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, I don't know, it's your baby.
Speaker 3: Well that's the thing. Is it used to be that way in a real safe kind of mental picture, right. And I had this whole process of sort of like coming to terms with this like birthing. Because so for other neurodivergent folks out there ADHD folks, we are relational learners, relational learners and and very visual and I have to be able to picture shit and to be able to like fully access it. And I was like freezing up and not able to actually plan for my postpartum and third trimesters and delivery because I was just like freezing up. I was so scared all the time. I was like, I can't do this. So the first thing I did, if you want to do this too? It really helped me to get past the like alien baby mentality into something more natural. I started watching a lot of anal sex.
Speaker 2: Porn, just a lot.
Speaker 3: To like really understand the movement of the perenium and how it expands and it can stretch, and what the human body is capable of, just in terms of pressure down there. You know, it's a phenomenal thing. And I watched a couple of like you could look up backstage anal sex preparation. Okay, listen, there is some professionalism back there that I am impressed with.
Speaker 1: You know, I think this is correct. But the baby doesn't come out of the that one though, right.
Speaker 2: I don't wait wait, I'm actually I could use confirmation on this too.
Speaker 3: No, here's what, but whole babies are a thing if you tear yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh sure, sure, sure, yeah yeah yeah, it's sort of it's all one up.
Speaker 3: But this is what I was so scared of, was like the tearing and the you know, and I wanted to under say, like, how how is there a way where it's not gonna just be horrifically painful and tear and all this stuff. I wanted to get myself out of the fear of it. And then my husband was like, I understand you going to these anal sex sites, but you could also watch birthing videos, so I and that blew my mind because the obe literally reaches in and is like she's right there, and touches her head and pulls out a whole human. And I had this moment where I was like, Yo, it's not an alien, It's not a picture in an ultrasound. This is I just was like really humbled because I was like, all of us come from underqualified women's vaginas. None of us know what the hell we're doing. I think birth is like this noble thing, but we're all just like we're so organic. This is this is so mammalian. And that connects to my underrated Yeah.
Speaker 2: The alien thing.
Speaker 1: I wonder if there was a strong uptick in that after the filmmail like that, because oh, sure, the most visceral image maybe in film history.
Speaker 2: That chess bursture. See.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So, and I do think that things like that really burrow their way into into people's unconscious.
Speaker 3: Well, and here's the other thing I learned about midwife activism is that so in check this out. In the forties and the fifties, the popular thing to do was to just put women under general anesthesia, right, just knock them out, Just knock them out. And they would put them on under like purple and Twilight, which if if you're not familiar, those are the drugs they give you so that you're like still cooperative but unconscious.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And the hypno birth story is she goes in, I totally forget her name, Mangan is the last name. She goes in and says, I want to deliver naturally. The doctor says sure, she wakes up with a baby.
Speaker 2: In her arms. Wow. Right, Like that's.
Speaker 3: How little they listened to anything women had to say about their own bodies during birth, right, And it was a part of the feminist movement to have birth naturally, and that became bigger in the seventies. Lamas came around, right, right, and so did alien around that time. So I bet there's a link up.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah that does Yeah, that makes sense.
Speaker 2: What is your underrated?
Speaker 3: Okay, we need more birth stories, folks. Yeah, Like, I can't believe how like I was at the shoe store buying shoes and I was like, well, I'm eight months pregnant, so my foot is growing. And the this chick, straight up, this twenty something chicks straight up just goes, Oh, I don't know how to relate to you at all.
Speaker 2: Look, I gotta I'm fining a lot of shoes today. I don't know how to relate to Wait, you can stop talking.
Speaker 1: I can't relate so like, I don't know why you're still talking.
Speaker 2: You know, I can't relate to this, right, but okay, go off. I guess like I.
Speaker 3: Had hired this like dog walker to help me walk the dog, and she just kept asking me how if I was scared, and like why was it more scared? You know?
Speaker 2: And I just was like, wow, terrified.
Speaker 3: Like these aren't even men asking me these questions, you know what I mean. These are young women and like and and even like friends of mine who because I've been so far in a lot of friendships that are without kids, right, you know, I'm forty three. I don't have a kid, and so a lot of my friendships have been with like childless families, and I've dug it, and you know, we go on vacations and use our money in ways that are awesome, you know, and not Fisher Price. So I wouldn't anyway that. I just I just feel like we need more birth stories out there. It's like you know, alien animal, husband and read or just like nothing, you know what I mean. Yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: I feel like there's a like they when there is a birth scene in a movie, it's like some just auto fill like text AI just takes over and it's like the woman's they're pushing and then like being yelling at her husband and that's like the only version that we have is like shot up and he's like, oh no, you okay, honey, Yeah, and like that's it.
Speaker 3: And one of the things I've been digging about my hypno birth in class is all the meditation that women do in the videos. In their videos, women are all like really quiet, really meditative, really introspective, and you can see them sort of like internal and bearing down, and it's not this like screaming fiasco that I feel like is designed to scare the shit out of women.
Speaker 2: Yeah for sure, absolutely, yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: We watched some birthing videos around the birth of our first and yeah, just some people are able to just yeah, meditative quiet, like just and I don't like that that certainly wasn't what happened in their case, but it's definitely a good story to have contributed to the overall vision of how this can go well.
Speaker 3: And you know, not that I'm opposed to screaming and throwing darts at my husband as it's happening.
Speaker 2: Darts scientific I don't think I seen.
Speaker 3: I was thinking, yeah, I could like create a bullseye and just like, yeah.
Speaker 1: It's like a really powerful nerve cannon.
Speaker 2: Show me the target you're painted on his chest with SHARPI earlier, Now let me see get one in here. But yeah, my mind was completely so much of my perception around pregnancy and childbirth was informed by fucking nineties movies exactly nine Months and Ship, where I'm like, like, what you think is going on? And then you talk like then I talked to my other friends and relatives and people who I respect who have gone through this maybe one time or multiple times, and then I was like, they're giving me really good advice. And I realized how much of that shit seeps into your brain and completely just changes what exactly this whole thing is. And once I was able to sort of get past this like media informed idea of what it meant. I was able to enter this more like peaceful, calm, like loving part where my energy wasn't fear, but more like, how can I use my love to make this process the best way possible and then enter into this without necessarily having like the fear of someone screaming at me or accidentally grabbing my penis because they think it's my hand, Like in all the movies in the eighties grab someone's hand. I forget what movie that? Do you know what I'm talking about. There's a movie.
Speaker 3: Where no, but that's totally what I'm thinking.
Speaker 2: In months or something, and like someone's giving birth and someone's like, grab a hold of something, and this woman just grabs the dude's crotch and just like the guy's like a and she's like, you have a very big finger, and I forget what that is. I'm sure that gang well know exactly what I'm talking about. But anyway, oh my god.
Speaker 3: You don't understand. I have such a nice husband. I used to play this game with him called open up your legs. I'm gonna narrowly miss your balls, and I would make this and he would do it every time. He would open up his legs, and he'd always be like, oh, I hate this game.
Speaker 2: How does he win that game?
Speaker 3: It's always about whether I win or lose.
Speaker 2: That was the game.
Speaker 3: He's a CIS man. He's a cis white man in the world.
Speaker 2: Sorry, we don't want to run a foul. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then one day we were at dinner with friends and I was like, you know, he always lets me play this game. He just lets me and we're all cackling, and he was like hey. So then the next time I was like, open up your legs, going to narrowly miss your balls during a boring die documentary.
Speaker 1: He was like, no documentary, No, And I was like, damn, I love that. It's just done for your entertainment purposes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not.
Speaker 1: It's just like when you're bored. I thought it was like, you know, you you were mad at.
Speaker 2: Him or something.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of things that I can get him to do in that labor delivery room I have to really think about.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yes, but they're like, so what's your birth plane? You're like, all right, So first of all, I tell my husband to open up his legs.
Speaker 2: I was just asking if you wanted like a peanut pillow for your legs, or if you needed like a yoga ball. No, no, no, I'm good. I'm just gonna narrowly just smash him in the cross.
Speaker 1: Next, I just yank on his hair as hard as I can.
Speaker 3: And then I've got this allow I've got this grimace in hamburglar costume.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're gonna get freaky. Yeah I was. I was asking my Obi, it's in my birthplane. Can you press this grimace for the last few pushes?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, that would make my day.
Speaker 2: It's amazing.
Speaker 1: All right, let's take a quick break. We'll come back and we'll talk about some news.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back.
Speaker 1: And we're back, and uh, the GOP back on their fuckery.
Speaker 2: What's the latest, Miles. It's not much here, but I just want to I just want to mention this because again, the fuck face wing of the Republican Party, the Freedom Caucus, they were like, they're like, this is bullshit, the dead ceiling. Ah, we fucking hate this. We need to we need to cut all spending, especially to social safety nets. But remember they did make a deal. They're a public they did a deal. They figured out. Remember they said it was gonna be real bad for the economy, but if we don't make this deal. The last minute, they made the deal and Republicans agreed to fund the government and pay you know, any outstanding balances so forth. But guess what now they're deciding they can fuck shit up by going after appropriations bills to cut spending. So these are the bills that are essentially that spell out exactly how these budgets are, how the money is spent. So their little fucking, you know, clever logic here is saying like, well, you know, I know, we agreed to all these figures and the debt ceiling bill, uh, you know, and like that. But to us, that was just a cap. You know, that just means we could go up to that amount. There's nothing to say we can't go below that by one hundred and twenty billion dollars. And that is now the logic that they are parading around in some of these committees, which is basically saying like, we just agreed to that being like a number, the top number. And meanwhile, like every other sane human being is saying, like, how is that a fucking deal? If you say this is the number we're agreeing to for this debt ceiling, and then you reneg on that after the fact and be like, actually, no, that just that means that that's that's just the that's just the highest. So this is going to be an issue obviously with the Democrats and the White House and also the send it because they're always the ones who have to like end up seeing these bills and be like, fuck, man, like, what are we what is this? Like? Don't they know how to just fucking do the bare minimum? Spoiler alert They don't. And Senate Republicans aren't even really happy with this because even like some of their like they've somehow awoke from their maga coma in the Senate and you have people like this senator, I don't even I don't even bother to figure out who it was. Let me tell you exactly who it was. Oh yeah, John Kennedy, who is famously not the most consistent senator that we have to said quote, if you propose a compromise, you need to tell the truth and tell people exactly what the compromise is. I can tell you that senators are tired of getting the compromise, voting for it or even not voting for it and finding out later that wasn't the truth.
Speaker 1: So this is him complaining about this like last minute switch.
Speaker 2: Room exactly from the Freedom Caucus freaks who are like, this is how we can get this is how we can extract our pound of flesh or whatever, and even Kevin McCarthy is like, yeah, I mean, I guess it's like I get that logic, but I had to kind of make a deal with them to keep my gavel. That's really cool. So there's yeah, so bringing a bigger and bigger gabble to work every day, Yeah, try and take this so fucking heavy, but yeah, I get anyway more more brinkmanship on the way and systemically this.
Speaker 1: For some reason, this reminded me of like the conversation we were having in our episode where we interviewed you know, where we were talking about big sugar in the sugar industry and.
Speaker 2: How there were phenomenal episode.
Speaker 1: Thank you the Yeah, great episode, a great podcast by the way, everybody should go listen. But you know, early in the episode, Celeste was talking about how they or early in the season, like they win a victory, like they sue on behalf of all these sugar cane workers and like get this big settlement for sugar cane workers, like fifty million dollars and it's a huge win. But then the side that is like capital and private money and private capital just pushes back and just keeps pushing and they have more time and more energy and more weight in our world because they're able to just do it. So like even it's just like even a small win, like getting them to let the economy keep moving and like having spending for these programs like they there's still a way for them to clod back. There's still a way for them to just make any any victory on behalf of like social spending and social welfare into a loss because the system is just set up to favor any anything that is going to get in the way of you know, social welfare and allow people to like it's just better for them to have a thing where they're just like, no, we just privatize everything, and uh, it's like, why.
Speaker 3: Why are they such cartoon villains?
Speaker 2: I don't Yeah, I mean because we're at that phase too where we really have people who have no business civics. Yeah, you know, at the even most basic level, who have basically racists memed their way into Congress.
Speaker 3: Exactly, like that's how they got there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then like, okay, what do you want to do with these budgets about huh, I don't like Joe Brandon. They're like, oh no, okay, well this is bad how because there's a lot of people saying, oh, yeah, if we have another government shutdown, that won't be that bad. Yeah it would be, it would be. But again, this is this is the back and forth that we get to witness firsthand as we welcome new.
Speaker 3: Like a whole party of I want to die alone.
Speaker 2: Yeah truly. Yeah, it's like.
Speaker 3: The same mentality I don't care, I want to die alone.
Speaker 2: Let me die alone. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, speaking of racists, one of them has taken Molly and realized that they were racists and that being racist sucks white supremacy.
Speaker 3: What what are you trying to tell me that the villainized drug of the seventies, that that was the smoke screen to cover up the Korean War It actually turns out to be good.
Speaker 2: It might just might, but don't hold your breath now.
Speaker 1: But even around in the seventies, I mean I knew it was like first thing out as a party drug, in Dallas. But isn't Molly Molly's.
Speaker 2: Like, Molly is m D m A.
Speaker 3: I thought it was.
Speaker 2: Okay, m D m A. Let's be let's be a little scientific here, I say Molly, because you know I'm out here in the streets. Yeah, but it's it's m D m A.
Speaker 1: It is being treated as a psychedelic that is like being researched heavily, not as a thing that you just like give out to people, but as a therapeutic instrument that where like during a therapy you are giving it and then there is like a guided therapy session in which the kind of you know, effects of the MDMA help you come to terms with different parts of your emotional like scaffolding and like how you've been built and how you've built yourself kind of accidentally and haphazardly in the dark of your unconscious, Like you now have access to that stuff. And whereas like during normal therapy you're just talking to a person and it can be difficult.
Speaker 2: Or take time.
Speaker 1: I guess it's like the thing that you hear a lot is that it's just a shortcut to like get into a lot of these issues that people need to be able to address them. That takes a lot of time and a lot of like breaking down barriers to get to.
Speaker 3: The best analogy I heard for it was that because MDMA, it fills your receptors with love drugs, right, It's like a love drug. It's people explain that it's sort of like when you're wanting to dive into trauma just raw like that with a therapist one on one. It's kind of like pouring an empty picture, right and trying to drink from that cup, versus with MDMA, then you're actually sort of filling the picture with water. You're filling your receptors with good feeling and then tackling the trauma.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: And I have a few friends that it was absolutely life changing for.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's I mean we see the research constantly how it's helped, especially with people like with PTSD and soldiers with stress and like traumas it relates to like racial abuse and shit like that. It's like all we see are like positives here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a Psychedelic Science Conference happening in Denver this week actually, and like there's just so much learning and so it's a very exciting time for people who are in medicine. And like kind of interested in using these tools. Like the research that's coming through is that it's like a very powerful tool.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And a great documentary by Michael Pollin, Yeah on Netflix, during which I was narrowly missing my husband's both.
Speaker 2: Oh so not the most engaging. You got a little bored there some parts.
Speaker 3: I was like, I get it, I get.
Speaker 2: It, I get it, I get it all right, ball smash time, I miss, I mean narrowly miss, narrowly miss, narrowly smashing them. But this story is from a comes out of a recent study in the unit from the University of Chicago where researchers were looking at how MDMA was like enhancing the pleasantness of certain types of physical touch, and one participant stuck out to the researchers there is named Brendan because at the end of the trial, this guy, Brendan, filled out the final questionnaire and at the bottom of the form when they're talking about like, how do you feel going like after this whole experience, wrote quote, this experience has helped me sort out a debilitating personal issue. Google google my name. I now know what I need to do. When they looked at that, they said, holy wait, what the fuck does this person mean by I now know what I need to do, like go talk to them right now. That yeah, because they also googled. They googled his name and found out that like, like about a year or two prior to this study, he was docksed by like ANTIFA like researchers who are basically trying to put out all these names of prominent Nazis and white supremacists in the US, and he was one of them. He led a very prominent group in the Midwest, So they were like, what the fuck When they asked him, They're like, yo, so what's this plan white supremacist guy? Now that you've had some like MDMA, he said, quote, just realize love is the most important thing. Quote. I felt in that moment that all of my priorities in my life were just so messed up the way I was interacting with people, particularly people who are close to me. But there was also an almost euphoric feeling, a feeling of love, and I concluded that was the sort of feeling that I should strive to permeate across the world. So they're like, oh, okay. His background was, you know, in high school he leaned liberal, but then he got to college, joined a frat of like affluent white guys that were conservative, and then that being around those people slowly sent him down like that radicalization rabbit hole of like, hey you should read this book. Hey you should check this podcast out. Hey you should check out what they're saying on Fox. And next thing, you know, he's leading a you know, he's in fucking Charlottesville, like with a tiki tortise. Wow, like leading people. Yeah. So now this isn't to say like MDMA is a cure all because this guy was in a period of like serious self reflection after being like outed, losing his job, and like there's like relationships, like close relationships began to fall apart. But he said that really had him in a state where he was trying to figure out what was going wrong, since up to that point he thought he was on like a good trajectory with all this nonsense, and many experts like agree, they're like, yeah, intention is the key here when using psychedelics. It's not like you could just air drop a bunch of MDMA on the state of Florida and then like we're gonna move on, right, Like, yeah, how to have the intention to at least be open to looking at your own life and being a period of self reflection, because again, this isn't some magic racism a racer and he also it's also not a.
Speaker 1: Pill that you take and have this insight. Again, it is part of a like total program of therapy where you're working with a therapist who knows you and has a sense of like where where you're at. And it's that I feel like there's just going to be a tendency for Americans to be like, all right, so I take this thing and like things, things are good Again, It's like a I take it like tail and all and we're good. No, it's actually part of working on yourself, which is uncomfortable. This just makes it gives you an ability to do uncomfortable work a little bit more freely.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly. And there's like, you know, one of the researchers that were spoken to for this article from UCLA was just saying, like, you know, all psychedelics have the potential to help people get in touch with new perspectives for other radicalized in visions individuals. She says a drug like ayahuasca could be useful because it's like taking sort of a good hard, look at yourself in the mirror. She goes on to say, that's why ayahuasca kind of has a reputation of doing the people, kind of showing them maybe where they screwed up and how they got there in a compassionate way, like which is also there's.
Speaker 3: All kinds of studies of doing this on cops with PTSD that have been highly successful. It's like more prevalently used in the UK. There's lots of research studies on it there right here. It was like it became demonized, like Nixon demonized it all, and it became part of the like smoke screen, look at LSD, look at all these you know, who's.
Speaker 2: Not creeping inequality or that kind of shit. It kind of blew my.
Speaker 3: Mind that the guy who invented the PCR study found it during an during an LSD trip.
Speaker 1: What's the PCR study?
Speaker 3: Like you know PCRs, like the what is it that you do for COVID You take like a PCR test?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Ali Moray's chain reaction? Yeah got it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, he visualized it in an LSD trip.
Speaker 2: Oh, because that's how you visualize DNA samples, right, that's like the whole Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, Francis Crick actually the guy who discovered they couldn't figure out the structure of the DNA double helix, and he had the insight of the double helix shape while tripping on LSD and also after reading a bunch of research by a woman who had already figured it out. Then you just I guess he got a lot of credit, tryfe Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I think again, like, it's it's interesting to hear this guy Brendan talk about it too, because he's all saying, like, this isn't going to solve our society. It's not like this is a cure all, but it is clear it helps people. He goes and say, quote, a lot of these guys who end up in these movements have a history of doing m d M A. Yeah, he's like, but have to have the right framing and mindset, because that's the only way you can somehow be somewhat open to reconsidering your own ideologies. He said, quote it helped me see things in a different way that no amount of therapy or anti racist literature ever would have done. He still says he struggles with like these beliefs that he has, but he's completely like has been able to sort of step outside of this like white supremacist ideology like oh, this doesn't serve me at all or what I want like my life to be. So it's it's it's a very like interesting story. I know a lot of people, like the Shorthand would be like all right, MBMA for like everybody, that that's the thing, But we what we it's a it's a combination of things that really help you.
Speaker 1: But the version that he did is a clinical like you know, under super under medical supervision, and that stuff is much harder to do in the United States than in other places because to your points are it's been demonized and so like that is the thing that it can be useful in a society where they're willing to just accept what a powerful tool it can be for therapists.
Speaker 3: But I don't know, I say, I'm kind of on the side of everybody, let's try it, because right now a lot of people are doing that with adderall right and treating it like the drug that's going to fix all my behavioral shit. And I see and I see it all the time, and there's so much else that adderall does too that is like so detrimental and By the way, the like myth of the Swiss cheese brain is actually like an adderall side effect, not an LSD NDMA psychedelics side effect. Right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was like.
Speaker 3: A whole propaganda train back in the eighties and nineties. So for the way that like we Americans do stuff, I'm just like, I don't know, maybe more of us should just be like smoking pot and doing m D.
Speaker 1: M ah, it should be. It should be less stigmatized unless illegal, for sure. I'm just saying if you're.
Speaker 3: Gonna pick, if you're gonna polarize, rather than going the route of like cocaine and ad or all in coffee.
Speaker 1: Right, But those help you, Those help you do work. Those help you do work.
Speaker 3: And look at all these look at all these phenomenal scientists that got sh done.
Speaker 2: On LSD right right, but piped down about that because then you might nothmaceutical. Yeah totally.
Speaker 1: You can see the values of our society based on what versus illegal. And yeah, I'm just saying that the the legalization and the stigma makes it much harder for therapists, Like therapists are afraid of losing their license. It's very few people that get access to this type of therapy and this type of like official sanctioned, like well designed therapy work that this person had had access to. So yeah, it just it needs to be destigmatized across the board and made more less illegal.
Speaker 2: And just like thinking right about like the unpacking your trauma, right, because so many of us we go through shit and we just lock it up, we leave it in the back of our minds and then wonder why it like it ends up festering and affects all their dimensions of our relationships and personalized I have nothing to do with even that specific event that happened, right, And the power of being able to examine that is a huge part of having any kind of growth, because most growth is not happening because we don't have the ability or the openness to reflect on these things we've been through because it's so deeply uncomfortable. And it kind of reminded me. There's like this recent clip I hate to bring up Tucker Carlson, but he was on Megan Kelly's show, and the way he talks about his mother's death, You're like, this is exactly what the fuck like goes on with people, right, Like, I'm just gonna play this because he's so casual about this, and I don't like, I understand, like there's a lot to do, like his own abandoned issues with his mother, et cetera, et cetera. But hearing someone talk like this, you're like, man, motherfucker could use some molly. But anyway, this is just like hear him talk just about his mother.
Speaker 4: But you know, our mom was not a fan of us and was pretty direct about it. And you know that's obviously hurts when you're little. But then I realized you can't control it. You know, you just can't control it, and your mother doesn't like you, Okay, boohoo. You know it sounds really terrible. And the day it actually happened, when I got this call, like she's dying and in this weird little town and set on a farm that she lived on in southwestern France, and she was basically French at this point, spent her life there.
Speaker 2: You should go visit her.
Speaker 4: And so I called my brother and he's like, what, no, you know, my son's got a soccer game, and I said, I feel the same way. I don't know this person, and actually this sounds cold or whatever, but I had already kind of made my peace with this over many decades, over thirty five years, and I didn't fall apart at all. I went out to dinner. I mean, I felt sad for her. I guess I don't know much about her. She was an artist, she had shows. Okay, I guess and and all that, but she wasn't part of my life. I wasn't part of hers.
Speaker 3: And yeah, this explained so much.
Speaker 1: I didn't fall apart. I just built myself, brick by brick, into a horrifying months cross exactly toxic masculinity. So didn't fall apart though I didn't consent.
Speaker 2: I put I created a whole set made of wood, and I screamed from it.
Speaker 3: Like, Also, did Tucker Carlson just say he's an immigrant? Is he French?
Speaker 2: No? No, you're talking about how his mom immigrated to France and he's like saying, she's basically French because she.
Speaker 3: Left his mom expatted his mom's.
Speaker 1: A hippie who left them at a very young age to like hippie it up and everything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, at six, his mom was like, you kind of suck, and.
Speaker 2: That's he has that.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: The other thing too, is he's I think he's also referencing the fact that later in life his mother hated his politics and famously like it was after she passed away. Right, she was also an heiress. She had a lot of money. Wow, and when she passed no, no, no, Swanson is who was his father remarried. Yeah, but when his mother passed her estate was it was sort of contentious where the money was going, and him and his brother fought her husband over the money. Despite him being like I don't care about her, I've moved on. Him and his brother they had a long protracted legal battle over her estate. And what happened was later on they found her will in a book that she had handwritten, and she had only left her Tucker and his brother one dollar each, so they got something burn but still like for it's like you can tell all of this like pain soirling around, like you know, yeah, clearly she they had a contentious relationship, but he was also like I need that fucking money too. It's just the thing that actually, you know, someone else talks about their mom like that. Bob Durst, Oh yeah, yep, ro Robert Durst, Yep, you said, Bob. That was like, hold on, you're kicking it with Bob right.
Speaker 3: I mean I did watch that whole documentary.
Speaker 2: Just burping up. Yeah, try having memories of my mother. But yeah, I mean, like again, these are you just sort of see examples all the time. And I'm not trying to lay everything like you know them.
Speaker 3: A lot of sociopaths and psychopaths will cite their relationship with their mom as the reason for their behavior.
Speaker 2: Good and I it surely has to do with his like very you know, misogynistic worldview.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because they don't understand empathy, but they are included into pity, right, and so they look that's one of the like formative ways that they look to access sympathy.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm. Well look, he wasn't really bummed out by it at all. He went to dinner. Okay, Next question, Megan, Next question.
Speaker 3: That was the biggest It's funny that he like it's it's almost an insult to his six year old self how he responds to it. You know what I mean is like you now you're going to like tell your six year old self that, like you didn't dissociate. You just weren't bummed out by it at all.
Speaker 2: You know, it did. It did. There's no way it didn't but again, hey, fucker, we get it. That's where you were forged in like the fires of like a art Marvel villain.
Speaker 1: It was truly like it would be two on the nose for a Marvel villain, like yeah, yeah, it would just be like, all right, that's a little pet. His hippie mom let him and then like he hated any money, and he like went on TV and was like, my mom didn't like me, And I'm fine with that. Well, like you know, just like fucking steam rolling over, like just a lifetime of pain, I'm fine with that. I didn't fall apart. I'm together, fucked solid, all right.
Speaker 2: Anyways, all right, look at my wood set.
Speaker 1: Let's take a quick break to marvel over Tucker's would set, and well, we'll be right back. And we're back.
Speaker 2: We're back.
Speaker 1: And Costco has been trending on Twitter for the past couple of days after New Mexico state lawmaker Stephanie Lord posted a part of a receipt from a recent trip to the store slash Time Vacuum Costco. She spent eight hundred dollars and blamed Joe Biden just you know, despite the fact that he's not I don't think he's been a manager at that particular cost Co. But the tweet thanks Joe Biden. Seven and ninety nine dollars and thirty eight cents for one full cart at Costco with fifty eight items, holy shit, and only nine non food items like paper towels, plastic bags, trash bags, and razors.
Speaker 3: Is that a Republican man that thinks cost a lot?
Speaker 2: Yes? Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, okay, but it's Joe Brandon's fault. It's Brandon's fault.
Speaker 1: She bought so fifty eight items that that works out to an average of fourteen dollars per item, which actually makes total sense for a cost Co. Right, fifty eight items is a lot of items to buy a car. I feel like like she is tetrising all of those.
Speaker 2: Items in that's about three cards. Yeah, yeah, that is a lot of shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, Costco is just so like, that's what a fifty eight item cost Co trip is what you do once a year.
Speaker 3: Hopefully most of them are food items. Is that what she's saying?
Speaker 1: No, she said most of them are only five, like non food.
Speaker 2: Only nine non food right right, right, yeah, most of them, most of them?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and what you buying? What you got a couple of how many rotisty chickens you get? I mean probably not that many miles because I feel like she is not aware of the like good value items at costco either, if she's you know, averaging out fourteen dollars fourteen dollars an item, but right, I don't know, it's just such. And then people were like, yo, that's first of all, like the things you get at cost cover, like lifetime supply of toilet paper. Where's the itemized receipt? Yes, she needs to give us the itemized receipt. I need to see literal fucking receipts, madam.
Speaker 3: How about you want to bet that's beer and wine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she doesn't want to show that it's all fucking Kirk signature light beer.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And she responded when people were like, can we see the itemized receipt? Man, she draged and was like triggered progressive left wingers and like, I don't know, this just seems to be we it happens all the time, but just this. It's the same thing with Elon Musk declaring cis gender a slur.
Speaker 2: You know, it's like.
Speaker 1: We're being attacked by by these words. But then when it comes to you know, the hundreds of thousands of people who are harassed by actual hate speech every fucking day on Twitter. Ye, he's completely silent. But when it comes to like a descriptor of his you know, the fact that he is cis gender, or that this person who's complaining, who complained to him is sis gender. You know, he's just the most brittle soul on the planet. You know, he's just the softest, most sensitive snowflake. But they they have somehow, and I do feel like they've like somehow.
Speaker 2: Won that argument.
Speaker 1: Hopefully it's changing, but it does feel like the perception you mean, yeah, just that that perception in mainstream popular culture is still that, Like I don't know, people are too sensitive who.
Speaker 2: Because that's still the status quo, you know, the status quote We're not there, We're everyone. Yeah, we're just not there yet. Yeah, where people we all agree that everybody deserves the same amount of respect and autonomy. We're just that's just not the status quo. So because of that, people who are like still fighting for it, like what is this? We're fine, but yeah, it's a I mean again, and also you show you you you let your transphobia show. Hardcore when you're like, CIS gender is a slurt. Okay, ful, we get it. Go back to your fucking whatever you fucking do.
Speaker 3: I don't understand that, like you're biologically who you also identify as and you're mad, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well you're using it to other means.
Speaker 1: Because you're using that you mean to me by pointing it out in context that I don't like, Oh, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Is there a history of oppression for the CIS people of America? Right?
Speaker 3: This is like the other thing of like, this is why we need MDMA in our water. I've decided I'm all the way there.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 5: We also need to get him interested because he has like a like very dumb guy who thinks he's a smart guy brain and I feel like we could get him really interested in the Titanic.
Speaker 1: And he also is very confident in his ability to build submersibles. Remember when there was that cave rescue. Yeah, he was like, well, I'm going to bring in this submersible and it's going to save everyone. And people like looked at this submersible and they were like that's not gonna work at all. Like here, we we have to like go through narrow corners and that thing is the size of a fucking Mini Van Bro And yeah that so he I'm just saying there could be some efficiencies between these news stories that have obsessed people over the past. If we could get Elon Musky.
Speaker 2: Interested them, put them in a submarine.
Speaker 1: I'm just enjoy it down there, yeah, or being like, yo, Bro, you know what could happen?
Speaker 2: Bro? You could find Atlantis this ship opened, Homie. I believe in you, Bro, of all the people, I feel like you could go to the bottom of Marianna's trench and figure it out, Homie.
Speaker 1: Deeper than you, Oh, you think it's cool that you've been to space, Jam, Jim Cameron been deeper than everybody the whole world.
Speaker 2: He's just letting James Cameron that you're gonna let James Cameron like a bitch.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying is all these folks floating around with empty pictures and their mom is mad at him, and they haven't gotten over it, and they don't actually know what being mean means.
Speaker 2: They are just sad totally. They're very ticklish.
Speaker 1: They're just scared of anyone touching them. That there's like to stay away from me, just like balled up like a fucking fist their whole body and then yeah, you just can't do anything.
Speaker 3: This is why I roll with the Hamburglar and the Grimace and we mind on each other and we tackle.
Speaker 1: There you go, all right, Zara, Such a pleasure having you. Thank you so much, my goodness.
Speaker 3: This is the best. This is the best vaginal sendoff. Yeah, before I launch myself down my canal. Oh yeah, another human being.
Speaker 1: Just like an ayahuasca. That's if you give birth on an ayahuasca, you're actually giving birth to yourself.
Speaker 2: Like that would be wild. Where can people find you?
Speaker 1: Follow you, hear you all that good stuff.
Speaker 2: You can come to my house there you go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can come to my house, or you know, hack into my phone and watch my birth with me.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Or you can go on Twitter or Blue Sky and Instagram. I'm at Zara Comedy z A h R A c O h E d y pronounced komadi. If you are Jack O'Brien, and well, we'll get out of some innui together.
Speaker 2: And we.
Speaker 3: Wish me luck. Folks, wish me luck out there. When I come to I'm gonna be working on my book.
Speaker 2: Okay, there you go. Yeah, I want to see that baby.
Speaker 1: Is there a work of media that you've been enjoying?
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, everybody watched this. It went viral for a hot second in like a pocket of young women. But like everyone, everyone fourth grade and above needs to watch this. TikTok. That is a woman putting a ping pong ball inside of a balloon. You blow it up and it mimics the baby inside of the uterus.
Speaker 2: Whoa yes, And.
Speaker 3: And then as she blows up the balloon, she lets the ping pong ball settle at the neck of the balloon. It closes off the air that's the baby at the base of the cervix. And then she pumps the top of the balloon. This is fabulous. She pumps the top of the balloon. Those are uterine contractions that thin out the neck of the balloon, and that's how you give birth. She gives birth. I did it at home, and I popped the balloon twice, which is how you tear.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, Like she didn't even have to tie it. It just holds the there.
Speaker 3: And then the way she's pressing on the balloon right now, those are contractions, and the contractions actually help you give birth to the ping pong ball. You see that. It's phenomenal. That's the baby coming out of the vaginal, out of the cervix and the vaginal canal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then the and then the popball just comes flying.
Speaker 3: Yeah. If you if you push too hard, you tear.
Speaker 2: That's what a terminal velocity. That's terminal velocity.
Speaker 3: Easy, easy, take it easy.
Speaker 2: That's so wild because that is such a simple demonstration. Oh my god, that helps not make so much of it abstract. That makes TikTok worth it the whole existence. Jack turns out that woman she's just wearing scrubs. She has no medical Is that real? No, I don't know. It's like that's how TikTok is, Like I'm wearing.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Miles, where can people find you?
Speaker 2: Is their working media you've been Yeah yeah, Find me at Miles of Gray, at at based life forms or social media platforms. Find Jack and on our basketball podcast Miles and Jack Got Mad Boost Talking to NBA. But also find me and Sophia Alexandra on our trash reality TV show podcast for Twenty Day Fiance. The reality TV is trash, not the podcast.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean it could be trash on It's up to you, I have the beholder and all that, So check that out. Some tweets I'm liking the I got a couple actually. The first one, Sarah at Knight's Gravity tweeted, I'll say I got that dog in me and it's snoopy. Yeah, yeah, got that dog in you? And then another one at gl D Vittorio tweeted the reason people are having a hard time finding sympathy for the submarine passengers is because it isn't a situation that could happen to anyone. No one is afraid of a friend or family member accidentally spending two hundred and fifty thousand dollars to go crisscross apple sauce into the USS Jigsaw. Yeah, it kind of feels right.
Speaker 1: It's like such a dark story and yet like also so absurd that like, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean. The tweet goes on to say, I'm not saying it's normal to lack empathy for people we can't relate to. I'm saying psychologically, it isn't instinctive, because this circumstance is so far beyond being a conceivable three or apprehensible horror on a level past cognitive dissonance toward refugees or the poor.
Speaker 1: There it is, yeah, there, it is all right. You can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore O'Brien. A tweet I've been enjoying a DJ fuck at Eggshell Friends tweeted baby on board with what what's he down for?
Speaker 2: It's on board? What's down for? He's down?
Speaker 3: Hey Jack? Yeah, I'm gonna play a game with you.
Speaker 2: Open your legs open the.
Speaker 3: Narrowly miss your ball.
Speaker 1: It is like, there needs to be like a jazzy, like nineteen seventies game show theme that comes up when you're like, I'm gonna narrow yeah, like you said, I'm gonna narrowly miss, and then the crowd all goes man, it's.
Speaker 2: Your today is con contestant is a radio DJ from the Los Angeles area named Jack O'Brien. Come on down, You're like, it's price is right where you're like me.
Speaker 1: Of rundown and just throw my legs open.
Speaker 2: Are you excited? Yeah?
Speaker 1: You can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore o brian. You can find us on Twitter at daily Zeitgeist. We're at d daily Zeitgeist on Instagram. We have a Facebook fan page and a website, Daily Zeikeist dot com where we post our episodes and our footnotes where we link off to the information that we talked about in today's episode, as well as a song that we think you might enjoy wells. What song do we think people might enjoy it?
Speaker 2: Uh? This is like some some nice sort of you know, new new age housey kind of R and D track from the artist Meta m A E t A. And it sounds like it sounds like k trenata type production. I'm not sure if it's a K beat, but obviously K tronata style is very popular right now with the you know people like that house sound. And this track is called Questions. It's a nice track, good vocals, just a fun upbeat track just to start getting your weekend and going. So check this week go all right? Well.
Speaker 1: The Daily Zeitge is the production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcast, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows. That is going to do it for us this morning. But we are back this afternoon to tell you what is trending and we'll talk to you all then.
Speaker 2: Bye bye,