Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news, The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 2: Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today.
Speaker 1: I'm Tom Keen with Paul Sweeney and Bloomberg's Lisa Matteo.
Speaker 3: I think it's sad when we come to me when we want to get seen. Yes, so let's take it. I want to start with Boeing tick er Ba. Their share has a been up more than three percent. There's a couple of reasons behind it. So first is his big news The Wall Street Journal reporting that the FAA easing restrictions on the seven thirty seven Max deliveries. So basically, they're set to get a little bit more leeway from the agency to perform some final safety checks before they're delivered, and that's going to make it easier for them to get their aircraft to customers. And the journal is also saying that Bowen's going to get permission to raise output for the seven thirty seven.
Speaker 2: Yeah it currently yeah, it's.
Speaker 3: CAPTA thirty eight, So now they might raise that, which is huge news for them. They're already getting the orders. This is the other news. As many as two hundred and twenty five aircraft from Turkish airlines, fifty of them firm commitments. Norwegian air Samecistan in order out there a couple days ago.
Speaker 2: Let's not forget that one.
Speaker 3: So the orders are starting to come in. You've been talking about this ball like they're getting back in the game again. All right, I want to take you to Intel, tick er I NTC. Their shares up four percent. Then we also have Global Foundaries. We're keeping an eye on GFS. Their shares have been up more than nine percent. The Wall Street Journal again reporting the Trump administration considering this new plan that's going to reduce the US's reliance on chips that are made overseas. How they're going to do this, Well, it's kind of familiar to what he was saying, because you've been hearing this, right. You know, if they you know, build these centers in the US, they'll get, you know, an exemption from certain things. Okay, So what this is going to do. They're going to have the chip companies manufacture the same number of chips in the US as their customers import from producers overseas. So if they don't maintain that one to one ratio, then they're going to have to pay the tariff. So it's changing it a little bit.
Speaker 1: So into the weekend, do we assume by Monday morning companies are going to be crowbarred into investment?
Speaker 2: And intel? Is that basically what I mean? Well, I think we already seen a little bit of it. But I just said, I just think what we're seeing across the border of this industrial policy, this tarft policy, is bringing back as much as you can to the US, and if you do that, then we'll be we'll give you a break on the tariffs. And that seems to be working at the moment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And we see it with pharmaceuticals, which is the other point, Yeah, that we want to get you because his threat to price that one hundred percent tariff on patented drugs unless they invest in the US. Right, So you look at Eli Lilly. Their shares have been up one percent like Mirth. But then if you flip side, you see European companies like Novo Nordis they're seeing a hit. Their shares have been down as much as three percent. So we have pharmaceuticals right, then you keep knocking tariffs you go to trucks, imported heavy trucks subject to a twenty five percent duty. This is starting on Wednesday, So Diaimler Truck Holdings their shares have been down as much as four percent in Frankfurt. And then though you look on the flip side, you have shares of Sweden's Volvo which makes Volvo and Mac trucks locally. Their shares rose three percent in Stockholms' investment.
Speaker 2: Different thing there.
Speaker 3: They're not the heavy sho Okay, all right, they're not They're not the heavy truck. And then you think of appulsive furniture imports. They're going to be taxed at like thirty percent, so wayfair shares they've been down as much as three percent. You look at URH down as much as four percent, william Sonoma even down more than two percent. Add to that, kitchen cabinets, bathroom vanities, they're going to be hit with a fifty percent charge. So tarff's really really playing a big role.
Speaker 1: In the stock mover's report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live. Catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot Come, and on Apple CarPlay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app. Mm HM