Speaker 1: Welcome in everybody to Fantasy Bros. MLB. This is Leading Off Live, brought to you by Bet three six five Bet one hundred and fifty. Don't know how much do you eat the five bucks? Five bucks you get one hundred and fifty components Batti billion dollars one million. Hell, you're off to such a good start for the first three words of this show. Anyway, bet five bucks win one hundred and fifty when you use the promo code leading off at Bet three six five, it's me Joey p That of course is the Welsh and it's you the Peanuts, the Cracker Jacks Welsh. I'm so happy. I think that's what's overcome me because all of the work in the bathrooms has finally done today Today is it. There's a shower and a toilet upstairs and running water. I'm so happy. It's just it's the small things in life. But you know, when you go a month without those things upstairs, it's a lot. And I think that's why I'm just I'm just overjoyed at all of it. At the end of the day.
Speaker 2: Also, there was a there was a short period of time where I wasn't gonna be on today's night either. But I am here today, and because Welsh made a booboo, the MLB Draft Combine is here in Phoenix, going on in about thirty minutes. It's gonna be broadcast. It was fully open and everything last year, so your boy Welsh thought nothing of it, didn't think to do anything. But it's closed to the public this year. And I didn't go to my media pass.
Speaker 1: Because Major League Baseball other things going on, like what, I don't know.
Speaker 2: They got to hide. They gotta really protect pitching ninja. I think that's there, so the millions of hordes of fans don't get to hit. I don't know what the deal is, but I forgot to do the media thing. So then I just said, all right, we're not going to try to go down that route, but that is happening. If no, it's been open for years where you could go and do the whole thing. So I just thought nothing of it because I wasn't going to try to go on field or anything that. But a friend of the show, Lance Brasdowski, is here doing some of that. Some of the industry people are there tons a prospect, but you can still watch it if you would like. To watch. But I was going to be there. I was gonna go down and I was gonna say, screw the show, and you guys fin for yourselves, and I'm going to hang with the draft prospects. But now I got hang with where we're betting a million.
Speaker 1: Dollars, betting a million dollars getting a million dollars back. That's actually not it. It's five.
Speaker 2: I should have done that yesterday. By the way, three.
Speaker 1: Yeah about me and three horrendous pauses can go screw. But it's okay. You know what WHI Welsh? Because as Evil Zillis is, you gotta believe Joe the Mets are for real woo. I don't know if they're for real or not Welsh, but I do know this that there's a little bit of a happy meal right now when it looks to the Mets, because ever since Grimace throughout the first pitch, the Mets are now six and oh. So I don't know if you saw. I don't know if he came up with it, but it's who I saw. Say this. Did you see Devin Sawa the actors, tweet about this. He's a big sports guy. Did you see his tweet about the.
Speaker 2: The I don't even know who that is.
Speaker 1: He was the kid in The Little Giants who played the quarterback. He is an actor.
Speaker 2: He was in a lot of movies, A famous Little Giants.
Speaker 1: Giants one of the great movies ever made. But he made a hilarious comment, I can't say it. Just go find it. Say it. No, I can't. I can't say it. Say it. I can't say it. But it's very fun, wasn't Rick? Yeah, Ried O'Neil, it's a classic. My kids love the.
Speaker 2: Only Okay, you know what?
Speaker 1: That's it?
Speaker 2: Though, I couldn't name you any kid, But I'm not one of those people everyone's like, oh, what's the Oh God, everyone's gonna go kill me for this. But what's the baseball? One?
Speaker 1: That ever?
Speaker 2: Sandlot, Peppercorn, the Sale? Everybody? I'm sorry, everybody like the characters in this, I don't know.
Speaker 1: You never watched their name? I don't. It's wrong with you.
Speaker 2: No, you know, I watched a Sandlot. But everyone like obsesses. You could probably rattle off the actors that play I can't.
Speaker 1: None of those kids became famous actors. You know. The Little Giants quarterback, Yeah, I remember, Well, he was in other movies. In the nineties too. I think he was in one of those. I got a look. He was in a bunch of movies in the nineties too. It was kind of like mid range famous in that like weird mid and late nineties teeny bopper movie scene and stuff like that. So and I was in high school around that time, so I remember these things anyway.
Speaker 2: Very important. Can you put Grimace back?
Speaker 1: But six? And oh Welsh six and oh for Grimace? And a great night from Brandon Nimmo, a great night from Lindor who Lindor was our main guy today? So look at this. So I guess the question is is the Hambler hamburglar next? Like, who is the next guy to throw out the first pitch so the Mets can keep the winning streak?
Speaker 2: Ooh, yeah, it needs to be someone that like the hamblerger would probably make sense, like the Astros, someone that steals, you know what I'm saying, A good mascot for Yeah, maybe something like that. I mean I saw somebody say that they quote tweeted a picture Grimace and said, I'm gonna tell my kids that this is Bartolo cologne.
Speaker 1: So I like that. People think that you're not the right age that you say you are, But James O. Jones is in the sand Blot. That's an actor of note, you know, just saying.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't have known that. Yeah, how do you not? Like?
Speaker 1: All right? I'm just gonna move on.
Speaker 2: I mean, I saw it. I saw it, But I'm not one of the.
Speaker 1: Great baseball movies ever like this. And you've got little kids like my kids are, We're obsessed with that movie. It's one of them. It's both of their one of their favorite top ten movies of all time. And they don't even like baseball. I can't guess tom watch a baseball game, forget it. No way, Garrett Cole, He's gonna be playing in a baseball game come Wednesday against the Orioles. Oh are you excited? Welsh? Because I'm pretty sure we set your clock? When's when's Wednesday? Is it tomorrow? Welsh?
Speaker 2: Tomorrow?
Speaker 1: What was Garrett Cole day? How do you feel about this? Do you have all the feels?
Speaker 2: I'm very excited. I just updated my ranks over on the Fantasy Pros and I put Cole but I'm top ten sp rest of season for my rest of season ranks. I threw him right back into the fray, not trading them, just holding on, riding away, very excited about it.
Speaker 1: While you're talking, I'm gonna order my costume on Amazon. Let me just I hope you know what.
Speaker 2: I hope you did. God, I've never never I don't need to be right about a lot of stuff like well joke will be like, hey we were right and blah blah blah, and everyone wants validation. I need to be right pretty cheap like. I need this over Joe. It's the it's the one thing I've never exciting. I could lose my I could lose my incredibly smart ellie. I'm gonna lead the league in solo base bet that I said preseason. If any of you listen, I could lose that. Cor Big Carrol, he could be out for the season. I could lose that. I need this against Joe. I need to be right and Joe needs to be wrong on this more than anything.
Speaker 1: The funny part is, though it's not gonna be one star, like I said, it's gonna be a couple here and at some point in time we'll see how it goes. Like I'm tomorrow, We'll have to stay tuned to the betting and see what happens, Elie de la Cruz. Great day still is thirty seventh base Welsh thirty seventh stolen bases already for Ellie to La Cruz. How amazing? Pretty good, pretty deep, pretty good, pretty goods At least I got seven guys. It was not enough. I went all in there. Man. I feel like every time I'm in on Skeens, he like kind of shives me in the back. And then every time I'm like, Nope, you're gonna just stay away from Skeens and not take the temptation. Is when he like strikes out twelve guys. What? OK?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I actually liked the under I know you did. The strikeouts were kind of worrying, worrying me and everything like that, but I forgot that was your bet, was the strikeouts. Because Pittsburgh ended up pulling out the win. They were part of my money line parlay as well. But you know, both of those pictures we talked about Jared Jones cooling down. Jared Jones is cooling down a pretty aggressive degree. I'm not saying that Skeens will because he's done just such a good job of manipulating where they're going. It's a heavy fastball game. It's a heavy splinker game. I think that splinker pitch that's the new thing. Next year is going to be.
Speaker 1: This.
Speaker 2: I like, oh, we need a picture to do that. But like you know, every year there's some new thing that's added, Like that's the new one. I think Paul Skeens is gonna continuously be good. I think him and Jerry Jones could go in opposite trajectory. But yeah, you're gonna get smacked around. I mean still like you're acting like he got blown up right a bad start.
Speaker 1: He's still struck up the winner of the chat today, and I know we just started the show with Jeffrey to go. Devin Sala was also Stan in the eminem video, the famous video of Stan.
Speaker 2: So you are familiar that kid, but that kid was the one in the what's the movie with the logs that fell Final Destination or something?
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, a lot of those, Kate.
Speaker 2: He's like, a that's a better.
Speaker 1: Movie then Little Giants. Absolutely not absolutely, Now the ice box would disagree with you put into the chat right now.
Speaker 2: We need a poll for that.
Speaker 1: I can't. I don't know how to make the polls up. Can Walkee? Penguin do it or Meg Maher's not here, God forbid mayors here. I don't know how they pull it, but like we need that made anyway. Austin Riley signs of Life two for three, two doubles. That's good. Had a home run over the weekend. That's very good. Maybe finally, Austin Riley is a guy we could buy him. Kyle Schwarber hit a pair of home runs. Yes he ed Swarburn the home contest was a good day for you. Some fun things though, Welsh too. From yesterday. Freddie Freeman singled and walked five times. I don't know if you looked at the show shee, because I know you. Sometimes you gloss over and tell them do you remember the last guy to walk five times in a game? I'll give you a hint. It's a third basement, okay, and a guy that you would never think would walk twice in a game, but he walked five guys. Oh, yes, he's still get in twenty twenty one. The last guy to do it, he's bounced around. No, not many machado, not many machado. He played for the Oakland A's at one point.
Speaker 2: Josh Donaldson, Oh, he doesn't help playing match.
Speaker 1: Matt Chapman is correct. Here's the funniest part. The last guy to do it, to walk five times and get a hit was rugnet o'door in twenty eighteen. Another guy you would never imagine not only walking five times in the game but also getting a hit in the same game. Bizarre. If that's not the weirdest base what.
Speaker 2: Is that's so many at bats? I know that that's absurd. What's our poll again? I think I can put it up.
Speaker 1: What's a better movie? Little Giants or Final Destination? Like this is gonna be a ninety to ten with this crowd, there's gonna be an If you don't like Little Giants, get out of my chat. By the way, Andrew Skinner, first time. It looks like in the chat FP subscriber first time poster. Good on you, Andrew, Welcome aboard, Welcome to the show. Also fun Reese Olsen, who had not been very good lately. He had given up seventeen earned runs over his last three starts. His era is ten. He threw six shout out of innings yesterday and a no deicision against Atlanta against the Braves, So again, baseball's weird. Those are two of the weirder things, and they both happen on the same night and he comments about Sulsen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, well, ree Sulsen, like he's had this really like solid underlying season with a bad stretch expected era right like where his actual ERA is around three and a half. He has given up not a lot of hard contact. It's actually in the lower half as far as far as Berlin goes. The hard contacts actually a little bit harder. But he's had a huge wiff rate forty plus percent on his slider and changeup, which he throws a combined I'm fifty percent of the time. So actually kind of solid season that's fallen apart. But he to me falls along the line of the lines of like like a streamer in ten maybe twelves where you got it. If you have to make a decision, you can move off of him and you can go into another spot. But I think Reeve Sulsen can actually maintain, like back into the rotation for the rest of it. You know what.
Speaker 1: It's funny because Olson was a guy that was on the wave Wire video about a month ago, and I was like, okay, look, you know we pick him up. You see how you know how far you can ride this? And then obviously he came crashing down for a couple of starts, and I'm sure he was one of the most drop players in last week. And then he goes out there six shut I things against the Braves. I mean this bizarre rookie lookie a lot of rookie stuff to get to. Today, the Yankees selected the contract of Ben Rice infield nerves slash catcher. Uh, he's me playing this week because Rizzo goes on the IL. Now. Rice is a guy that I saw play in person, and you recall Welsh when I was texting you from the game at Double A in Somerset, Jones was very impressive. I kind of went there, you know, hang out for the night, see what Spencer Jones was all about. But Rice was the guy that really stood out to me. And they ended up scoring like fourteen runs in that game too. He's twenty five, so a little older for a prospect, right, but yeah, a nine to twenty five ops, fifteen homers and nine steals since he's was at Double A and then he moved up so far three thirty three batting average four forty six nineteen with three Homers is getting moved up. So is Rice a guy that you think might be able to get up to this major league level get a little playing time, or do you think this is just a bench depth kind of thing and you don't even waste fab on him, Like I think it's gonna be le Maye at first paced. Are they gonna like play that.
Speaker 2: Or play every single day?
Speaker 1: I don't get stick. Does he even get a look or is this literally just a roster because people will see this, They'll see those numbers and they'll say, oh, Ben Rice, look at this guy. Now he is a little older too, so twenty five. You don't know how you take those numbers necessarily. But at the same time, Rizzo's been so bad. Is it in the Yankees' interest to get this guy someatt bats take a look at him, want to showcase him for a trade potentially because the Yankees are, you know, in the front of the pack there and they're going to want to acquire more things. And Rizzo's been so bad. So I guess this is more intriguing than I think some of the other guys that get called up, because there's an opportunity here where it makes sense to play Ben Rice maybe, But do you think that's what the Yankees do?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I kinda like. I here's what I do think. I think putting a guy like Ben Rice on the bench for too long it is not advantageous to his development. So, like, you don't want to bring up these guys to not play them whatsoever. LeMay Hugh's interesting. I don't think they want to overdo LeMay Hugh. So I think, like you could see Ben Rice maybe twice a week at first base. Maybe he's also a catcher, so they might be able to sling him in there. I think there's the opportunity that he could get regular playing time. His bat is live, he's got that two position eligibility that they could throw him around in that lineup. But I also think it would make a lot of sense that this could be somebody that they're gonna end up moving. I mean, you've got that. I think they're very comfortable with Austin Wells and Trevino. Ben Rice would probably be somebody that any team would look at. They've also got Augustin Ramirez is one of my favorite prospects this year. He's in Double A, he's not coming up. He's a catcher, but he's more of a first baseman. So I actually do think a guy like ben Rice this could be a showcase for a future trade if this team decides to take me. I'm probably not being aggressive about ben Rice and picking him up because of Lemayhew, because Lomayhew getting that plenty of time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like, I don't know. They say those are gonna playm against rities, but again, I'll believe it when I see it. You know, we got a lot of stuff about how they're gonna play hessen Kierstadt at Baltimore. That didn't work out either. Helio Ramos two five with a so homer. He is up to three twenty eight with a ninet eighty one ops. Welsh thoughts on Ramos and what he's done so far this year with San Fran.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you guys remember I talked about him during the spring because I got to see him playing a little bit of the minor league spring training games. And Helio Ramos, he's gotten you guys can see it. He has just gotten so physically big. I remember being at his professional debut in Complex League years and years and years ago, and he is filled out. We saw the huge power, but It's so funny because it's like him and Nick Gonzalez are these super post hype sleeper guys that were like they never added up to any of their talent. All of a sudden, they're just popping, and he's doing it in a huge way. Fifty eight percent hard hit rate right now, it's one of the best in the league. That he is pairing well, of course, an eighteen percent barrel rate. Those two beautiful marriage. Expected batting average in the two eighties. It's about forty points lower than it currently is, but that's fine. Double digit walk rate, under thirty percent k rate, and the guy is absolutely destroying fastballs, hitting three sixty two against fastballs, and guess what when the league adjusts, which they will because he's seeing sixty percent fastballs, he'shitting two ninety eight against breaking pitches and two eighty six against off speed pitches. Those are some absurd numbers. Hard hit rate and good barrel rates. They're a perfect marriage for results, good things to happen. It is for Ramos and I think Rama. I think Ramos and Nick Gonzalez are two guys that are gonna end up being like pseudo top one hundred, maybe one hundred and fifty guys by the end of the year that we're all gonna be shocked about. So you got you, you should try to get helly O Ramos now.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, I mean I can't disagree with any of that. Ramos is more surprising to me than Gonzales. I don't know how you because you kind of looped them in there.
Speaker 2: So Ramos, yeah, yeah, I know, I guess I would Gonzales to me.
Speaker 1: I always felt like Gonzales would figure it out because in college she was such a contact titter kind of guy. Like I figured, like, you give those guys time, they'll figure it out. But Ramos was the one that I installed out. I thought, man, maybe it's just never going to happen, you know.
Speaker 2: Steven actually, and I don't disagree with that. The only thing that happened with Nick Nonzalez was like he got really really bad in the upper zone, which some guys just don't recover from, and then he couldn't do anything. But then he did. But bat speed is on display. He can run. Steven said something interesting which I was just thinking about. He said he picked up Ramos when Michael Harris went down and I was talking about this on ITL yesterday in that a guy like Michael Harris, specifically, he's going to be out for a while, it might be like two months. His season has been as such that I don't think he's performed at a level where where the eel is insane right now what we're dealing with that I'm comfortable cutting him in especially a ten team league, maybe shorter twelve team leagues if someone's like, hey, listen, my il's full. A guy like Ramos is out there, But I'd have to cut someone I'm not against if you had to do it. It's been an okay season for Harris. But like guys like Ramos and guys like Nick Gonzalez, if you were out this big blow Gonzalez, if you lost Mookie Betts is a is A the best pick up possibly have? If Harris best pickup you possibly have. And I think Harris is the type of guy if you had to make a tough decision, maybe you could if you were picking up a Ramos.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's funny. I remember in the preseason we had a lot of debates you and I about Michael Harris, and I liked Michael Harris as a player. Michael Harris, as I thought you did. You loved him and I liked him, and I think you had to love him for the ADP he was going at, which is why I had zero shares. But now I am on the complete other side, Like now I think he's one of the best Bilows there is because I don't believe in kell Nick. I give this guy a little time off on the IL have a.
Speaker 2: Little bit of time off on the that's the problem.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, like you can have him for nothing now, and if I'm looking ahead to what August, September and of July, Michael Harris could be a really useful player. He's got pop, he's got speed, he's got all the things, like he has a clear playing time path. He's not gonna get squad. He's for playing time when he comes back by any of those guys like he's the guy there. So to me, this is one of the best by Lows out there. And he wasn't on the the by Low yesterday. But you can go check that out on the channel too if you miss it yesterday Welsh did they buy Low Sell Hi? You can watch the leading off or just you know, go see that standalone section because it's up here on the YouTube channel right now. But to me, Michael Harris another one guy like people just want to give him away because they're so frustrated. They're dying for help outfield help. He hasn't helped them all year, and now he's hurt. It's the perfect time. Here's another one too from Knuckin' Should I drop Gorman for Noelve Marte and ahead of the curve? Yes a thousand times? Yes for me Welsh, yes or no for you? Drop Gorman for mart I.
Speaker 2: Don't know if I'm a thousand.
Speaker 1: He's hitting under two hundred this month. He's terrible.
Speaker 2: No, I know he got to it. I'm down. I'm fine with this. Someone asked me yesterday too the rest of season, who would you rather be invested in, Jason Dominguez or Noel Vi Marte?
Speaker 1: And I said, you know what the guy's playing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, based on Dominga is going back fun and il and how the Yankees are treating him, I think it might be no Weelvie at this point. I just don't know how aggressive of anything that's gonna happen in Demingez if it were more than this year long term hands down Demingez, but I'd go to Welvy in that front.
Speaker 1: A couple other things here. National has promoted Dylan Cruz from Double A to Triple A, and then it looks like James Wood is close to returning from the hamshring injury, so that's a good thing. The A's are recalling Lawrence Butler from Triple A, but Butler really hasn't done too much since getting demoted. A got rid of JD. Davis I saw today. Turns out he's not special after all. If you're an OG leading off fan, you get that reference, You're welcome. JD. Davis not special. Wonkey loves it. I guarantee you. Wonkee sitting at home right now and loves that right now. Yeah, death Texas and me hating. I don't hate Nolan Gorman. I just I refuse to understand. I can't wrap my mind around how people don't see him for what he is and then constantly can only see that two hot streaks that he has a year and thinks that's great. Like he's not great. He's a guy who strikes out too much, doesn't make enough. He's Joey Gallo at second base. That's it. That's it, and he left for Lawrence Butler before we move on. Ya. Nope, okay, very good, some good from yesterday. Obviously, Paul Skeens was good, regardless of the fact he disappointed me. Francisco Lindor four for four, three runs complete, Grimace Brandon Neimo Grimace all over Place three for four with two runs scored and a dinger. These guys did not. These were the unhappy meals. These were the downs. Randy Vasquez six runs and four and a third. Hector Nerris blew another save three runs. Yikes, he's blown up a couple here the last few weeks. I think that's gonna go south, bye bye real quick. And the Cubs can't afford to lose these games. You know, the Cubs are a very tight situation here. You can't blow leads in the ninth. They got to figure this ninth inning out. You say, Kakuchi, I say no, thank you. Five runs, four innings for him in a loss to the Red Sox. Injuries, the Dodgers are saying that Mookie Betts is gonna miss six to eight weeks. Welsh, I would be betting on the eight, how about you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, me too? And he is impossible, by the way, with ranks talking about rank updates, you know, by the way, one cool thing is Mike Mayor. Something Mike Mayor does do is do the rank update sheets that you can check every week. As we were updating those, Mooki was so difficult because like they move him down and you're like, all right, but then you start to get into this place when you're thinking rest of season and you're just like Mookie Bets or Gonzales and it's like, oh, when Mooki comes back, we're all in. But the problem is based off that timeline, Mooki might not be back until August fifteenth, so ranking him is really tough outside of just burying him. And I would go on the far side of this for sure. And I also think that this team is potentially going to look at trades, maybe at a shortstop, like because I Muki was not good defensively at shortstop, then maybe that's the replacement. So when he comes back they can throw him out into the back into the end.
Speaker 1: That would make a lot more sense. Yeah, you know, somebody was mentioned Adam done do not. Ever, I can't believe I'm agreeing with Razor. Don't besmirch Adam Done.
Speaker 2: I love to compare him, due.
Speaker 1: You can't compare Adam Done to Nolan Gorman. Adam Dunn hit forty home runs and drove in one hundred runs every single year. I understand, you know, the batting average for his career is probably around like the two thirties something, but the run productivity was amazing. He walked a hundred times a year every year like the Adam Done season is two thirty seven with you know, forty homers, one hundred rbi, one hundred walks and one hundred and eighty strikeout. I'll take Adam Done. If Nolan Gorman was Adam Done, I'd be having him every I love Adam Done. The consistency of Adam Done unbelievable. So, yes, Adam Done.
Speaker 2: No Novis forber is kind of the new Adam Done, not not Nolan Gorman.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you know maybe maybe, I mean he's got to get more kids like Adam Done did. All right, now we gotta do this, we gotta do it. Here we go two thousand and four. Ready, let's go through. Adam Done forty six one oh two. The next year forty one oh one, forty ninety two, forty one oh six, forty one hundred, Uh, what are you doing?
Speaker 2: Is that RBI?
Speaker 1: This is home runs in RBI forty six is the ten is a two thousand and four beginning forty six, one oh two, forty one oh one, forty ninety two, forty one oh six, forty one hundred, uh, thirty eight, one oh five, thirty eight one oh three. Then in twenty eleven it looks like he missed a lot of time injury or something happened twenty twelve, forty one ninety four.
Speaker 2: Six batting averages during those times like two.
Speaker 1: Sixty six, two forty seven, two thirty four, two sixty four, two thirty six, two thirty three, two forty three, two sixty seven, and then eventually the last couple of years were the two oh four two nineteen, two twenties that he was in his you know, mid to late thirties by then.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, it's better than the consistency of Schwarber, But I don't know, I think.
Speaker 1: It's better than Schwarber. Schwarber can't hold Adam Dunn's jock right now, as far as I'm concerned. Adam done all that, Adam done love today on the Shwow, on the on the schwar Show, on the Shwow, on the Schwabishwell yeah, look, listen, here you go. Here's a fun Roe from Fenway Adam done exactly forty one runs in two thousand and five, six seven and eight. I mean, come on, man, that is fantastic. Other injuries, Corbyn Carroll is emmriih was clean Welsh? Did you do a little dance? He's gonna play today.
Speaker 2: I'm so excited. Guess what he's not gonna do? Hit a home run? Now you can bet no home runs. I wish I couldn't wish I could do. I should, I should ask bet three six five this I wish.
Speaker 1: I wish I could pick then just bet against no.
Speaker 2: But I want to bet. I want to say Corbyn Carroll won't hit a homer the whole week. I don't want to just bet a day. I want to say, give me a bet for because no home runs are like minus six hundred or some nonsense, Kelby Carroll is probably minus two thousand. Give me he won't hit a whole home run a whole week, maybe a month. What kind of odds could I get that he doesn't hit a home run for an entire month. That would be a great bet.
Speaker 1: I'm anybody said so he said in the chat, He's Dave Kingman. Dave Kingman not even close to as good as Adam done even close. I'm looking at the numbers right now. No, like he's in the vicinity. He drove in one hundred runs in his whole career twice. Adam Dune did it every single year for almost a decade. Blue Jays have more bullpen issues. Yimi Garcia to the eye l with an ulner nerve and a ritis. So Chad Green is next up. So how much you been on Chad Green?
Speaker 2: Enough? I'm gonna do enough enough enough. I don't have an exact number for you. I don't get like, I don't get all jazzed up about Chad Green or anything like that, especially you know, suboptimal closing options like that. But yeah, I mean that's probably a tend to It depends what your closing situation is, but ten to fifteen percent probably.
Speaker 1: Is this the death no of the Blue Jays? Like it kind of feels like we're going in that direction. A couple of eyel guys yesterday too.
Speaker 2: We all know that the death blow will be the minute that Boba Schet's traded or the minute that they.
Speaker 1: Can just say like we're getting fair. I feel like we're approaching that at lightning speed.
Speaker 2: But you know what I think, like if Chris Bassett continues to get just blasted and then Barrio's just kind of like backtracks like, yeah, we are in the final stages of a dismantlement of the Blue Jays. I think we are within like All Star Game three week period. If things don't right, this team is going to blow some stuff up.
Speaker 1: Padres you Darvish making a rehab start tomorrow, so there you go. So hopefully he'll be back maybe Monday or Tuesday next week. Michael Walka begins his rehab assignment yesterday, so I was there.
Speaker 2: I actually talked to him. I talked to if you would have looked at my videos by the way, I.
Speaker 1: Talked with Thrilling yesterday and I talked with Michael.
Speaker 2: Actually showed Michael walker where to go. He had no idea where to go.
Speaker 1: He did walk him there. I didn't. I didn't.
Speaker 2: He looked amazing by the way he had, like I mean, it's complex ball. But no one did anything against him except Eloy who had an opposite field homer, but he was pin pointing across the board and he told me, I think this was his only start and he was going back up to the majors. So hat tip to Michael Waka super good. Dude looked phenomenal. He went, they said, sixty five pitches in that game yesterday over in complex and he's rare in to go fastball, look great off speed stuff. He was sliders on the corners. He looked awesome. So he's a solid streaming guy.
Speaker 1: And Jacob de Grom, last but not least, threw off a mound Monday for the first time since Tommy, John and June. So there you go. Will we see him this year?
Speaker 2: You think, I hope as a closer so you can be like, I'm right, everybody, like you know, it's Joe, like I've been.
Speaker 1: Saying he would be. Would he not be an amazing closer? He would not, But he's just not going to be John Smoltz not do this when he couldn't do it anymore the way he used to. And was he not a Hall of Famers probably because of that run as a closer, But there's.
Speaker 2: Like salivating him.
Speaker 1: Look at before the closer run. I don't know if John Smoltz is a Hall of Famer to me. He I love John Smoltz, but one don't you add in the dominating years of him as a closer? Hard to keep John Smiles out of the Hall of Fame. And you know what this might be Jacob de Gram's path, Like I know it's gonna be too expensive for a closer, but it is what it is. If there was only a way that we could maybe pay for some of those things like Jacob de Gram's contract, and maybe we can with some of the best bets of the day with Joey p and the Welsh. Make sure you go overdue bet three six five, bet five bucks, get one hundred and fiftyen bonus bets when you use the promo code leading off, and of course make sure you are eighteen year over. In Kentucky gambling problem, go one one hundred gambler or one one hundred bets off. In Iowa, terms and conditions apply. I'm going money lines today. Well, yes, it was a bad day, so goes straight to the money lines tag with all these players. Rice Miller's on the mound here for the Seattle Mariners, money line plus one oh five. It's at Cleveland still, I think we can get a w there, like the way Miller's pitched of late. We got Slade Chacone, your boy, against Irvin, who's been very good for Washington watching it has been a plucky team this year. Washington on the money line at home minus one fifteen. I like Washington, I don't like Chaconi. He's no good. So I guess gore some runs on him today and give me Cincinnati on the road on the money line too, with Nicko Lodolo, who has pitched ace like this season. That's right, I said it. Nicko Loodola's been terrific. Minus one twenty five. Razor Ramona, the comments is gonna love that. He's mister red over there. So sincey Washington Seattle on the money line all three today, that's gonna be my money. Where are you going well for your best bets of the day?
Speaker 2: All right three and oh day yesterday was very good. I also want to tell you, guys before you give you the bets, this is a cool new feature that betting Pros is added to the app. We get a lot of like we'll share stuff and all the time people are like, what app is that?
Speaker 1: What happened?
Speaker 2: It's Betting Pros Betting Pros app where you can go in track. There's so much you can do. But they've got this cool new feature where you can now share you can share your wins. I know it seems so simplistic, but it's just an update to the app, which you have to love, where you can share how you've performed on a day, a week, a single bet, anything like that. So you guys might want to start tracking your bets and you can go share some wins using the app instead of having to do the screenshot of your books and everything like that. I should have gone and shared my three no day yesterday. We'll see if I want to share anything today. Here are my three bets. I'm going with the Chicago Cubs and the Tampa bay Rays. No run first inning, no run first inning erin Savale, Justin Steele. It's only minus one fifteen. Cubs middle of the pack as far as run scored in the first inning. Tampa is on the bottom front. This qualifies for like just being on the line of what I'd want to bet, But the juice is really good, so I'm gonna bet this one. Cubs Tampa Bay, no run first inning, minus one fifteen. The Boston Red Sox. They were plus money yesterday on the money line through the first five innings. They are not today because it's Tanner Halk, but I always support Tanner Hawk. So first five innings money line between minus one twenty and one thirty you can find it. I'm at one thirty for the money line first five on the Boston Red Sox, and then I'm gonna put together an all alternative strikeout parlay. And you mentioned one of the guys, Nicolodola, who I like today, I actually don't hate his full strikeout prop which is six and a half. That's decent. I'm gonna pare it down one notch and I'm gonna go to six strikeouts, and I'm pairing it with lance Lynn who's at five and a half, but I'm taking five, so lance Lynn five strikeouts to get the Marlins, who stink and they love to strike out, added Nicolodolo. At six strikeouts, that gets me plus one twenty four for those guys to hit one strikeout under what their actual prop is, their Vegas prop. Those are my bets and I might have one or two more else on betting Pros dot com slash Welsh. If you want to check it out today.
Speaker 1: Here you go check them out and make sure you subscribe to the Betting Pros YouTube channels because NFL is right around the corner. Those are the best bets of the day with Joey p and the Welsh. All right, let's go Welsh. It's time for the home run calls. Here. I am still the same place I was yesterday, still at twenty, still looking around Welsh. Where are you going with your home run call today? I want you to go first. Who's on the board.
Speaker 2: We are going to make it an Ellie day? Give me right here. I forgot he's right there. He's looking over my shoulder. Ellie home run against Bailey Falter today. Get me on the board.
Speaker 1: I leave.
Speaker 2: They said, I'm at fifteen, so I'm like, I'm consistently four off I think from getting onto the main board. But I am counting on Ellie today, not just for my plus six hundred preseason bet of stolen bases, but now homers.
Speaker 1: Please please ell there you have it. I'm gonna go with Julio. Julio Rodriguez in that ballpark has given up a lot of home runs this year, so that's what I was, like, who's playing in Cleveland today? I know Julio Rodriguez. And of course if you want to make your home run calls, you can do it over on our discord fansbros dot Com slash chat Welsh great times. As always, we'll be back tomorrow to do it again. Make sure you subscribe to Fantasy Bros. MLB and remember the waiver wire stuff. The trade stuff is in the shows now for the remainder of the season, but we're also putting it out there on the YouTube channel video on demand too, so in case you missed anything this week, you can always go back there and watch it on the YouTube specifically, or if you just forgot you're like, what did Welsh say about Michael King? Do I trade for him? Do I trade against him? What am I trying to do there? It's all there for it.
Speaker 2: Don't think about the Michael King thing today against Phillies. I'm a little bit worried about that one. I just do that whole stupid thing, like, oh, by Michael King and he's going up against the Phillies. This will be the litmus test everyone's.
Speaker 1: Be like, oh, you're stupid, EO. You love a good litmus test. That'll do it for us, But the story of the game goes on for the Welsh. I'm Joey P. We'll see you next time. Kids. Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Baseball podcast. If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify. Follow us on x, Instagram, and TikTok at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros MLB