Speaker 1: Ready tell us one to go one two three.
Speaker 2: Together, we wrote this song we just did Welcome to.
Speaker 1: Let Me Ask my Dad podcast. I'm Gabby, that's Dad slash David, and we're coming to you live from New York City Baby.
Speaker 2: At the iHeartRadio Studios podcast studio. Exactly. What a gigantic green room this time. This is our We're moving on up up.
Speaker 1: Yeah. They started giving us snacks. That's how you know we're making them money. But we're not going to eat any of them because we're both on so many pets. I could barely sip water.
Speaker 2: I'm not even thirsty anymore. I'm not.
Speaker 1: I haven't felt a feeling in weeks. Exactly.
Speaker 2: I'm hollow.
Speaker 1: I'm hollow, and by that we mean then exactly, Dad, you're coming off, you're doing all your MSG shows. Tell us how you feel. Let's catch up quickly.
Speaker 2: It's great, real quick ketchup or more of a mustard? I know, well, it depends on what you would never have mustard on fries.
Speaker 1: I have mustard on fries all the time. What are you talking about? A sweet potato waffle? Hold on before you before you go, sweep before you before you jump in a sweet potato waffle fry with yellow mustard. That's the correct combination.
Speaker 2: Yellow is for the goyasha we have. We have only Deli mustard brown.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you don't put a Deli mustard on a french fry. What do you put on a hot dog?
Speaker 2: Mustard? Delli mustard?
Speaker 1: Well, now you're confusing me. You put a yellow mustard on a hot dog.
Speaker 2: No, never yellow mustard. That's bad.
Speaker 1: Why is that bad?
Speaker 2: Because that's not It's not a Jewish mustard. We need Jewish mustard.
Speaker 1: You've never told me this. And we've had yello mustard in the fridge and nothing else.
Speaker 2: Uh, probably because I ran out of the other one and I gave it to you.
Speaker 1: Oh, only Catholics use regular mustard. Wi, you have to use this spicy.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's and when you were bought mitsfoot had said it in all that crazy language.
Speaker 1: Oh look, I am okay. How the shows?
Speaker 2: How are the shows great? We're in reality?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: This was three done. We did a Tuesday at Thursday. Last night was the Sunday?
Speaker 1: Did any select? Did Benson Moon come last night?
Speaker 2: He did not come last lock. Paul McCartney came though to the show on Thursday, which is pretty excellent.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you open with the Beatles song It was crazy looking at.
Speaker 2: The guy who wrote it as you're singing it was pretty excellent and.
Speaker 1: Then scary or were you just vibe? No?
Speaker 2: I was like, look at this, look at this. I know you're judging me and grading me.
Speaker 1: Look at me, look at me.
Speaker 2: I could do this, Look at it. I could do that.
Speaker 1: I really wanted to meet him, but he disappeared.
Speaker 2: He was singing living on a prayer, he was jumping up and down, dancing. I meant him a bunch of times I took I went to high school with his wife.
Speaker 1: The fact that this beatle married someone from Jay Stevens, JP Stephens Edison, New Jersey is so fucking crazy.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, I mean it made sense, Edison.
Speaker 1: It makes no fucking But this is all great, But how do we get Benson Boone to the concert? Do you even know who that is?
Speaker 2: I know who it is. Who is great. He's the he's a great performan. He's the one that flips all around.
Speaker 1: Like yes, yeah, oh, how did you know that?
Speaker 2: I know him? He's really good.
Speaker 1: He's amazing. And he played Barkley Center this whole weekend. So I was like, can someone get Benson Boone on the horn, get him to the BJ show on Sunday.
Speaker 2: I'll work it.
Speaker 1: Well, he's gone, Dad, it's over. I tell you specifically, do call Benson Boone on this day? I say, get Riley Green on the phone. And you never do it.
Speaker 2: They're touring.
Speaker 1: You don't even know that. I know that. I just told you that right now. That's why you know that right now.
Speaker 2: I did text the Riley Green immediately after that, and what.
Speaker 1: Did you say? And what did you text him?
Speaker 2: I text extend that I copy and paste.
Speaker 1: What did you say? Let me see what you said?
Speaker 2: I'm not telling I.
Speaker 1: Gave him very specific instructions. I said, text Riley Green, tell him I have a beautiful daughter.
Speaker 2: He knows that.
Speaker 1: How would he know that.
Speaker 2: Because we talked about you when I saw him in Nashville.
Speaker 1: You never told me that once? And now and yeah, I'm like, I'm freaking out.
Speaker 2: I'm like an onion.
Speaker 1: What did you say to him?
Speaker 2: Said my daughter wants to marry you?
Speaker 1: Did you just say that? Because that made me sound ugly?
Speaker 2: I did not say that at all.
Speaker 1: What did you say?
Speaker 2: I don't remember.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, this is a disaster. I said, we did this whole plan where it's very smooth.
Speaker 2: You did this whole plan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you my plans because no one makes plans except me, and then no one does the plans in the right way.
Speaker 2: It has to happen organically. Gap, it's not just.
Speaker 1: Well, apparently it didn't. You don't remember that over yet.
Speaker 2: Hello, What did you say?
Speaker 1: You said, I'm beautiful with the perfect amount of filler? What did you say?
Speaker 2: Uh? Duh?
Speaker 1: What did you say to him?
Speaker 2: You remember that was a while ago, just something she's a comedian. Last time I was how.
Speaker 1: Long did you show a photograph?
Speaker 2: And which one? When I jammed at the uh in the parking lot of Losers, because that's where I actually met Riley Green about twelve years ago, when he was just like a regular guy, singing, no one.
Speaker 1: Cares about this. That's to the point where you tell me?
Speaker 2: And then then I played, and then I went up and jammed with him, and then afterwards I that's all I talked about, was you.
Speaker 1: What did you say? What did you Why won't you tell me? What did you say?
Speaker 2: Nothing bad? Only good? I said, my daughter's a comedian. You should meet her. You should marry and have children.
Speaker 1: No, no, but don't joke around right now. What did you say to him?
Speaker 2: Just set your comedian and uh and and uh?
Speaker 1: Did you tell him that I wanted to marry him?
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm not telling you that. That's gap. That's that'll never work. It has to happen.
Speaker 1: No, I agree. So I'm just jebble checking. You didn't do that.
Speaker 2: No, I didn't do that.
Speaker 1: But did you tell him I'm beautiful?
Speaker 2: He saw pictures? Of course, you don't worry.
Speaker 1: You should have ped Well he hasn't yet, and apparently this was weeks ago, so we have a real miscommunication.
Speaker 2: We'll work on it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's yes, we will work I'm asking you to work on it.
Speaker 2: Okay, twenty bucks we have.
Speaker 1: Our producer just said we have to move on. I'll never move on for us. This just tanked the next three episodes.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're fine.
Speaker 1: What picture whatever put a pin in this episode?
Speaker 3: Two?
Speaker 1: Today, I'm going to start the episode with this when we are allotted.
Speaker 2: Okay, good?
Speaker 1: All right? Four? Oh my god, oh my god. Brian's specific question if you could imagine another one? Yeah, not a question, but an update on our listeners with the retail cheese bangs who wanted to adopt a child. Will What was that again?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we didn't know what that was.
Speaker 1: I okay, right they said they had retail cheese.
Speaker 2: We were talking about wholesale cheese bangs.
Speaker 1: Oh, they wrote in morning, I'm I'm so sorry for the confusion. I meant I work in retail selling cheese and.
Speaker 2: I have bangs. Wow is that a mashup?
Speaker 1: No clue where the bangs came in? Also an update, we are looking and have applied to adopt a set of twins, a boy and a girl age seven. Thanks for your podcast. Good luck on both your upcoming tours.
Speaker 2: So no bangs. No bangs works in retail.
Speaker 1: Works in retail selling cheese. When I hear selling cheese, I would never consider that retail, if that makes sense. In my mind, retail is just Sarah Well an urban outfitters selling cheese. Right, So in cheeses it's a small food bev.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's like a cheese shop.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the cheese department retailed cheese bangs.
Speaker 2: No wonder why we were confused.
Speaker 1: I forgot about that.
Speaker 2: That took it chat. What that means?
Speaker 1: Well, apparently means nothing, because I think it was a slip up and she typed bangs.
Speaker 2: But last least we talked her into twins. Good luck. Wow, I he'll never sleep again. And then we're at this age you know, you sleep less because then they were I need money, right, that never.
Speaker 1: Ends, By the way, I need money, But I wouldn't need money if I was married to Riley Green. So I'm kidding Riley. This is totally jokes. I'm not even that into so Yeah, okay, there. I can't believe they listen to our advice.
Speaker 2: Hey, listen, every once in a while people go against their judgment and listen to.
Speaker 1: Us and listen to us. Yeah, and I once again, we don't recommend it anyway. First question, Hello, Gabby and David. Ah, I'm fifty one years old, married to my husband for twenty two years, and polyamorous for four years. Do you know what polyamorous is? Oh?
Speaker 2: We back to these weird words again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what do you think Polly no.
Speaker 2: No, hold on? Polly is many and amorous as loves right, which means that they're an open relationship.
Speaker 1: Would that be no? But you're you.
Speaker 2: Got I'm on the trail.
Speaker 1: Yeah, go back to the origin.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's go to Polly many loves amors loves right?
Speaker 1: Correct? What is that in layman's terms?
Speaker 2: Uh, you're cheating like crazy, I'm cheating.
Speaker 1: Nope, roll it back. I mean depends on your opinions here, but it's not they're polyamorous many loves. What do you think that means in modern day society?
Speaker 2: It's not open marriage, that's what we used to call that, or you're allowed to be with other people you except that you can have other people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't say we, well, not we, I mean right, well, people will just assume no, not us, I mean we in terms of you, in terms of your lifestyle.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, Uh.
Speaker 1: So my generation used to say that because now everyone is going to think you were in an open No no.
Speaker 2: No, my generation we said open.
Speaker 1: Right relation, which is still a thing. But polyamorous is sort of the Pokemon evolve of open relationships.
Speaker 2: Why do you guys have why does the generation have that new words? Can it just be open relation to words polyamorous? Now you're gonna look shit up, You're gotta ask chat.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm asking you right now. Chat is not even in the mix right now, And this is actually an old term. If you can imagine you just were You're just not on the poles of culture in this.
Speaker 2: Way, polyamorous culture, I am not. Yes, that's correct.
Speaker 1: Open is right.
Speaker 2: You can you spell it? Yeah, sure, know you're looking, you're looking now you're cheated.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: Polyamorous a m O U are o us No.
Speaker 1: You missed an r in there. So polyamorous is when you're allowed to have many relationships at once. So it's not like you're open dating other people. It's like you have.
Speaker 2: Four girlfriends but they're married, but.
Speaker 1: There two of them are married that the husband and the wife, and then the husband can have a couple girlfriends and the wife can have a couple of boyfriends, or they could have another girlfriend together. Look, but it is really I know you're in shock. It is. It is a relationship.
Speaker 2: That's why we But it's called open relationship. That's what an open relationship for me means. It's, uh, you can do anything you want.
Speaker 1: Open is like you could fuck anyone you want and like be free in that way. Poly amors is like relations you have multiple committed relationships.
Speaker 2: Isn't that U? Mormons?
Speaker 1: It's kind of Mormon. It's kind of what's the other one with a bunch of wives.
Speaker 2: That's Mormons.
Speaker 1: I thought there was another one, like, like, uh, what's that they're not They're not pill surely they're not pill. What am I? What am I talking about? The ones who make the butter? They make all the butter.
Speaker 2: Oh the Amish?
Speaker 1: Amish, don't they have a couple of wives. No, and then there's another's there's Amish, right, we all agree, there's Amish. There's another Mennonite.
Speaker 2: Well, Mennonites are Amish.
Speaker 1: I don't think they think that.
Speaker 2: No, that's what they are. I believe me. I just was there.
Speaker 1: I was when you were with the Mennonites.
Speaker 2: Yes, we had a group meeting. We talked about polyamorous relationship.
Speaker 1: I just want to check in and make sure they're up to date on keep making that cheese.
Speaker 2: Wait, when we rehearsed. When we rehearsed in Littts, Pennsylvania's where we did our pre production. That's in the heart of the Amish.
Speaker 1: And you communed with them in some sort of way.
Speaker 2: No, we just saw their little carts and buggies going by.
Speaker 1: But you weren't asking that. You didn't roll down the couple. How many wives do you have?
Speaker 2: We were making up the name sir strip Bars, they would have like Mennonites after dark.
Speaker 1: You came up with other good ones? Do we do that on the Yeah we did. He's like, move on, move on. She's like, we've heard that joke. Okay, back to this, if you could imagine. Okay, so there, I'm only two sentences in and there's about so there.
Speaker 2: So there, there's a whole lot going on in that house in.
Speaker 1: That they've been married for twenty two years. Any kids, Let's see, is.
Speaker 2: There fifty five thousand relationships each?
Speaker 1: I mean at that point? Oh shit, Oh it gets crazy. I read ahead a little bit. Okay, rewind, I'm fifty one years old, married to my husband for twenty two years, and polyamorous for four years. You do that math?
Speaker 2: What four years? The last four years in the middle.
Speaker 1: I'm assuming they mean the last four years. It would be crazy if they told us about a certain chunk. My husband and I are in a closed quad where we have a partner. Okay, you got that.
Speaker 2: I need a chalkboard at this point.
Speaker 1: So four in a we have the original two original battery, plus they each have a partners extra Chris yep. And then that four closed quad. Oh so the cap it at for the capping it out.
Speaker 2: So their polyamorous is only at four. They're at quad.
Speaker 1: They're quad amorous.
Speaker 2: Is that quad amorous?
Speaker 1: I think we made that up, but I like it.
Speaker 2: I like it too.
Speaker 1: We live together and we're having a family. My husband and his partner are expecting their first child.
Speaker 2: Wow, this is a TV show.
Speaker 1: This is definitely on TEF dark right here, this is mennonit's after dark. With all that being said, we have a rule where we don't see other people outside of our quad. It's a closed well.
Speaker 2: You have to have some rule, no biting to.
Speaker 1: Rule.
Speaker 2: I'm in a rock band and I'm surprised.
Speaker 1: I mean, I could barely keep up with four people in my life, let alone a relationship that's a lot of Google Calendar invites. Okay, so a few nights ago, I.
Speaker 2: Said, like the gas crunch on and even days they get to date or something.
Speaker 1: The gas crunch. That's such a throwback.
Speaker 2: Look that up. But I know about it.
Speaker 1: I know about it because you guys won't stop fucking dogging. So a few nights ago, I went out with friends to a drag show to celebrate my birthday. Obviously they're going drags everyone polyamorous.
Speaker 2: It's kind of gay, it's quad amorous.
Speaker 1: It's quat amorous. Sorry, I got completely hammered and found myself waking up the next morning but ass naked in bed with my ex girlfriend. So this is a fifth character. I don't remember anything, but apparently she does. She had this big smile on her face, and when I mentioned that I don't remember, she got offended. I took a ride share home. Of course, you take a ride share because you.
Speaker 2: So. She's Polly Uber too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she has to always be with a group. Yes, at least she knows what she believes in.
Speaker 2: I need three others with me.
Speaker 3: She's like, I couldn't possibly take this, Polly Uber. I took a garage your home.
Speaker 1: And didn't say a word to my family.
Speaker 2: This is probably the best one that we've ever had.
Speaker 1: This might be the best one we've ever had. I'm thinking about getting everyone together and just them, thinking about getting everyone together and just telling them, but I'm nervous. Any advice about what to do would be amazing. I mean, first of all, asking us advice on this is the craziest fucking thing you've ever done. I got to go outside of dating three other people.
Speaker 2: I got it. What I mean, Christmas must be wonderful at their house, right, set up a Christmas tree. Yeah, make believe it's the holidays, invite.
Speaker 1: Everybody over exactly, yeah.
Speaker 2: Exactly yeah, and then you can all get together.
Speaker 1: And I mean they could do a may pole in the whole house. They have enough people in there.
Speaker 2: You could play get Ouiji board, contact dead lovers, contact the other polyamorous people.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what's really shocking about this is like.
Speaker 2: Okay, so what do they actually asking about it?
Speaker 1: But hear me out thought experiment here. When you're in dating one other person and you cheat, it's horrible, right, you have to go home and you have to tell that one other person. Well what if you call it? Right? Imagine you you cheat and you have to go home and tell three other people that you cheated on them. I mean you have to hold a town hall in your kitchen. This is like, what have you done? This is a council. You have to approach a council.
Speaker 2: It isn't four enough of lovers, isn't four enough?
Speaker 1: It'sn't four enough? You what a hungry, hungry little hippo, a gluttonous little pig. You had.
Speaker 2: Right, you're in a thing where you got You've narrowed it down just before it because you can have as I guess, there is endless.
Speaker 1: I get, there's.
Speaker 2: Many many. So now you're a quad and you're like, I'm poured. I need I need to make it. You know you got five fingers on a hand. Let's just do for five?
Speaker 1: Yeah, go for five? I mean, capitalist pig. This is capitalism at its best, yes, or even at its worst.
Speaker 2: So you know what my advice would be, What if it's five, you know, why not make it seven?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Ring her, move her in. I mean, someone's got to raise this one child.
Speaker 2: What does this kike gonna look like? Is it gonna be a chromosome mess?
Speaker 1: This kid is gonna come out either, like, now, let me let me get one thing's right. Who's my mommy and daddy?
Speaker 2: Who the fuck are my parents?
Speaker 1: Yeah? And then you're gonna actually know someone catch this. I went to college with the girl who was weird, obviously, and she was raised in a polyamorous She had like five moms and seven dads and a whole thing, and sheld guess what she was totally fucking weird. Duh, it's the price you pay.
Speaker 2: Duh. Hi, mam Ma, mo mom?
Speaker 1: Do they have to go? Mama, mommy, popa pop? Are you gonna do? No?
Speaker 2: I think it like it was sort of like when George Foreman had he had twelve kids. He named all George, like, oh George, and they all come go mom, and all eight of them come out, and you go, dad, and twenty seven dads come out. You're like, I'm hungry, somebody, I'm hungry.
Speaker 1: What a great reference. I completely forgot that George Foreman did that. Yeah, that's that was one of the best things.
Speaker 2: That boy was everything. And he said because when I said George, everybody came. He's like, you come here.
Speaker 1: The other eleven George a guy he invented a very small grill.
Speaker 2: That girl saved his life.
Speaker 1: It did.
Speaker 2: Didn't you see the documentary on it?
Speaker 1: Of course, I didn't see the documentary.
Speaker 2: He was broke, he was already, he was done, he was done with all his boxing. He was broke, and somebody came to him. He was running his church, and they came in and they invested the money. This one guy invested the money from he didn't even know he invested it into the George Foreman grill.
Speaker 1: What do you mean he didn't know? He invested it one of.
Speaker 2: His friends, like took some money, his manager invested it in. Why did he have a manager for him, Well, because he had millions of dollars. He was boxer, George for.
Speaker 1: I didn't even know that. I didn't even know that.
Speaker 2: Gabby, he was the heavyweight champion of the world.
Speaker 1: Really, yes, George, no one I'm really obsessed with right now, Patty the battie speaking of fighters anyone.
Speaker 2: So then he did the George Forman grill and it made him one hundreds of millions of dollars. Brought it right back, and then they did in the plato version. Remember I brought you the plato one yet with the sizzle sound. Yes, that's the best thing ever.
Speaker 1: Wait, George form what a genius. And then of course that actually makes perfect sense. Of course he named all his kids George because he had his head rocked so many times that he couldn't think of another name.
Speaker 2: Listen, he knew his name.
Speaker 1: CT is a hell of a drug.
Speaker 2: He knew his name.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you said George, that's all I got.
Speaker 2: No, they said you know what he wanted to name the baby. My name is George.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he goes, well, I named the grill George. Why would I not name the baby George?
Speaker 2: Just right? Everybody George. So anyway, so what we're telling you was name your kid George.
Speaker 1: I mean I think you'd take wow. Wow, I don't even know what to say.
Speaker 2: You've stumped the band. Actually stuff the bad I've actually unbelievable. Why don't you give us advice?
Speaker 1: I mean, clearly you've unlocked a new way of living that we're just we just got to peptides. We're not even close to Polly, We're on the original p So I don't know.
Speaker 2: I wonder this. You know, what, is there like some tax benefit?
Speaker 1: Maybe there has to be.
Speaker 2: There has to be Can you imagine that, will I would like to the couch.
Speaker 1: Goes to the third way, the TV goes to the sixth.
Speaker 2: That's right, the fifth husband gets.
Speaker 1: The fifth husband gets nothing. Fuck him?
Speaker 2: Yeah, fuck him?
Speaker 1: You know, like there has to be some I mean, imagine the amount of vendettas in that house. It's hard to have roommates, let alone if you're fucking all of them. And then and then add on raising a child, then what's kind of breastfeed all of them?
Speaker 2: Well, and then do you what kind of house do you have? You have to have twenty seven bedrooms, just.
Speaker 1: For more of a complex than anything else. Yeah, maybe they got an apartment building. You know, it's like a two home.
Speaker 2: It's actually sounding like a cult if you really think about it. This is now cold show.
Speaker 1: Let's make one thing clear, it's for sure a cult. They haven't mentioned Jesus yet, but I'm assuming if they added one more paragraph Jesus Jesus. But they did mention, Actually, you know what, flip that on its head. They mentioned a drag show. So I think it's it's gay. Wait, okay, this.
Speaker 2: Is no, it's everything.
Speaker 1: Now, this is it's everything. That's Jesus, it's drag.
Speaker 2: It's it's kids.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's right.
Speaker 2: I love cars. Do you have to have in the drive?
Speaker 1: They don't need a car, they have ride shares.
Speaker 2: Oh right, sorry, this is real.
Speaker 1: It's a carpool situation.
Speaker 2: That's a family.
Speaker 1: It's us.
Speaker 2: What's this the fucking Partridge family? They have to have like a school bus out.
Speaker 1: This is the modern Partridge family.
Speaker 2: This is no, this is the fucked up part Partridge family.
Speaker 1: How did you meet all these? I mean, like, I can't even hold down one boyfriend? How do you have five?
Speaker 2: Hold on? So now you've shown me that there's all these dating apps for everything? Is there a polyamorous dating appa? People? Twenty seven people around me?
Speaker 1: I love how there's producers for different things in this room. I'm like, anyone know, and someone's like, Field, there's Field? Field is I think I mentioned field to.
Speaker 2: You, Like everybody in a field? I want to screw all of them.
Speaker 1: Field is like playing the field? You know that phrase? It comes off of that. I'm assuming that was that.
Speaker 2: Was the OG statement.
Speaker 1: We used to say, yeah, and Field is the app for Kinks. So you get to put in whatever you're into and then it matches you with a person who's into that. So like if you put in part.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or matches you with the twenty seven people?
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, you say Polly and then you match. And then sometimes you go on the dating app and it'll be and this is shocking, when it comes up, it'll be you're used to one guy, one guy, one guy. It comes up and it's a guy and a girl and that couple is looking for someone Brooklyn's. I mean, it's a fucking war zone. It's a war zone right now. I feel like I'm swiping in the trenches. Okay, I have trench foot on both.
Speaker 2: Feet and my ass.
Speaker 1: It's a disaster.
Speaker 2: Well, don't be polyamorous, Okay, I have no I'm not going to walk down the aisle with you in twenty seven other people. Okay, not fucking doing it.
Speaker 1: That would be a hell of a wedding.
Speaker 2: I'm not paying for it, and I'm not doing that.
Speaker 1: What we need to wearhouse?
Speaker 2: Oh my god? How much is that? Weddings?
Speaker 1: A chain of people that's so funny?
Speaker 2: And one kid and one kid, kid with a big head.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you go something really bad. We can't really figure out who's the mom.
Speaker 2: And who's the kids. Slow. It is slow.
Speaker 1: You can't say slow. You can't say that.
Speaker 2: You can't say it anymore. I can't. He's polyamorous, affected.
Speaker 1: He's affected.
Speaker 2: Let's go with affected, he pa affected, polyamorous affected.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now, this is a total disaster. I don't know what you should do, but I know you've done everything wrong up until this moment, so let's just keep doing that.
Speaker 2: I think if you have a storm sounds like one hell of a storm going on, so let it keep going.
Speaker 1: I think you've come home, you come home with the ex girlfriend, like you're bringing home a puppy on Christmas, and you say, I know, we're we capped it at four, but what if we up the ante a little bit?
Speaker 2: Here it's a it's an odd number.
Speaker 1: It's odd. It's fun.
Speaker 2: We'll get to six.
Speaker 1: We'll get to yeah, we believe we'll get to six. Yes, that house, Yeah, they're they're around the you know, around.
Speaker 2: The one kid.
Speaker 1: The kids, like that kid is going to need so much therapy. I would start saving now. Oh yeah, all right, do we even even have time for another one? All right? Should I do the last one in shorter? You? Okay? Hi? Gabby and David? Hi, Hi, Hi, my god, Hi. My friends insist on splitting restaurant bills even.
Speaker 2: This is oh we're back to North Okay, good, we can handle restaurant bills, not fifty five.
Speaker 3: Back on planet Earth here kids, all right, yeah, everyone just.
Speaker 1: Puts a credit card down. It's super easy. The manager does it exactly, Just go split it, yes, just split it, and then if the waitress gives you any lip, you just have.
Speaker 2: That Venmo thing, even like you can split it on the venmo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let me read the whole thing. Okay, sorry, God forbid this one. Sound everyone splitting the bills because we're Polly. My friend insists on splitting restaurant bills evenly, no matter what everyone orders. I don't mind occasionally doing this, but I'm getting tired of paying more than what I ordered because my friends want to get multiple rounds of drinks with their dinner. Is there any plate way of to suggest everyone pays for what they ordered? Or am I wrong? I actually just went to dinner with all your friends, and these are all men in their sixties, and it was such a fucking disaster that, I mean, someone is putting out Someone's like, put sixty bucks cash and then put thirty on this card. And then this is a nice restaurant, and the guy's like, I don't even bear speak English, let alone I'm splitting all of these cards. And then everyone's I mean, they're all every man has thirty pairs of readers on and they're switching readers, and there's readers traveling around the table because no one can see the fucking check. And then they all give it to me I can't count. I'm the only one who could see. So now I'm trying to reference everything I.
Speaker 2: Get back because the thing you can't do.
Speaker 1: You were screaming. You were screaming at everyone.
Speaker 2: No, you can't say that word. Sorry, beep beep beep that.
Speaker 1: Let's see.
Speaker 2: Sorry, they're they're not intelligent.
Speaker 1: Well that you're digging a hole.
Speaker 2: Now they're stupid, stupid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but cut and then I'm so sorry. Cut everything before that? So what the thing my dad was let me finish the story because it was so insane. What I'm trying to tell you is that this even happens with people in their sixties. My dad was screaming across the table, saying, Chris, what the fuck are you talking about? Like it was. It was a disaster.
Speaker 2: Because the fail is if you're gonna split it, you can't add the tip because then you get the bill and then you don't put a tip in, and you look like an idiot because the tip goes to the server, not to the house, not to the rest of right, So I'm like, split what the bill is and then each of you tip, right, yes, and if you have cash in it, then that messes everything up. Then you have to put the original what you're splitting the cash and then leave.
Speaker 1: I understand you want to get rid of the cash. Yeah, take this, I need it.
Speaker 2: It's like an ATM.
Speaker 1: It's true. But uh, you have to pick one friend who's good at math and they're in charge of all of this.
Speaker 2: It's not so hard.
Speaker 1: I'm always like, let's split it evenly and then she's definitely right. But she's right because people are drinking, and that's a lot of money.
Speaker 2: One rule, if you order the bottle of wine is expensive, that's on you. That's a separate tip because she usually wants expensive. You shouldn't split that. If you order, if you get the big wine, anything that's that thick is going to be expensive. Right.
Speaker 1: But this is I can't imagine. This is someone who's looking drink.
Speaker 2: If they don't drink or anything, then just go, hey, listen, I'll pay for my meal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's tricky. This is tricky. If you want this is my advice. If you're the one who wants to do separate numbers, you're the one who's going to have to add it up because the people who are drinking are already drunk and they're just like just split it. You know, if you want to be the one who's being yeah, boring at the table and not drinking, no offense, you're the one who's going to have to do the sober math.
Speaker 2: Hold on, no, no, I think what you just bought up a very interesting point. That's a that's a penalty for not drinking. You have to pay for the drinking. Oh, that's a split, heavi. So eventually you will learn to drink with your friends.
Speaker 1: Eventually you'll learn to have a little goddamn fun exactly. And my uncle is in the room who is sober, and I cond sense he's mad at.
Speaker 2: Us, yes, and we don't care, and that we agree on drink or pay have a little fun. That's called a sober penalty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a terriff in today's terms, that's a teriff. Yes, either you pay, you split it evenly, or you're going to sit there with your stupid little calculators and you're going to do the math. Well, we're in the corner drinking's.
Speaker 2: Prints, exactly, and you're paying.
Speaker 1: For it, and you pay for it, so yeah, there you go soft, yeah, or run out on the bill. But there also are all these actually got to come back. There's applications. There's called split wise. You could upload the receipt, you could venmo. There's a lot of different options you could do here. I would suggest, how about you fucking live a little.
Speaker 2: Drink drink drink, and if you don't, you have to pay for it. It's a penalty.
Speaker 1: Sorry, maybe go, why don't you?
Speaker 2: Sorry advice. We're not so good on polyamorous, but we know about drinking.
Speaker 1: This is this, this question. We could confidence.
Speaker 2: That's exactly right, or pay for it, or and pay for your weakness. That's weakness and you have to pay.
Speaker 1: Have fun exactly well, that's soft gap. Yeah. I think we did really bad and then we saved it on the back end.
Speaker 2: Well, if you look at this is we batted five hundred and if we played baseball, we could make millions, hundreds of millions.
Speaker 1: Hey, if we don't make me do math. I don't even know what you just said.
Speaker 2: Just say yes, okay, yes, great, that's exactly right.
Speaker 1: We gotta go.
Speaker 2: We're done.
Speaker 1: Thank you for listening. Don't forget on Instagram and TikTok, subscribe.
Speaker 2: Radio where on I Radio? Oh no bang written on the spot. Happy is My Girl? We played the gathering thing to gather the gatherery.
Speaker 1: This