Speaker 1: Welcome to We Talk Back Podcast, the production of iHeartRadio and the Black Effect Network Talk Talk.
Speaker 2: We're just two unapologetically black women with an opinion who talks.
Speaker 1: What's up y'all? Thank you for tuning in for a new episode and we talked Back to show dedicated to you dreamers and chasers, niggas and hoes, everybody else in between all the good things. It's your co host, AJ Haliday. What's up, Tandem?
Speaker 2: How y'all, it's Tam Bam. I love y'all. I love you too, Aj.
Speaker 1: Girl.
Speaker 3: I'm in the holiday spirit, so I extra love you guys. I feel so warm and fuzzy right now.
Speaker 1: Did you drunk.
Speaker 2: Hungover from the weekend? What'd you do this weekend?
Speaker 1: One of my besties had like a, I guess it's Christmas giving? Mm hmm, like a friends giving type of friends miss yeah, and it was lit. We ate, we drunk. I you know, I'd be really feeling like people be expecting me to be entertainment because y'all know I travel with a mic, right, So I did travel with my mic, but I just wasn't on it this weekend. No, No, I don't know what I did. I did you were on something else. I definitely was on drugs. Okay, now got me a couple of little addies I've been holding on to. So to get there, I had to stay awake to drive because you know, a nigga's gonna be like in drive. So I was on the addie this weekend and I did some shrewm gummies and then the liquor.
Speaker 2: So I was really like, I'm starting to the c spaceship.
Speaker 1: Bitch. I was like sitting down being quiet. It was the weirdest thing, and like, actually, bitch, I was there, but I don't know.
Speaker 2: I was really in.
Speaker 1: My fucking head the whole time. And it's fucking weird, bitch.
Speaker 2: What cool sounds like very relaxing.
Speaker 1: But it was fun. We had some real good ass food. Okay, oh god, damn, I forgot the chef's name. Anyway, he's out of Dirham. He's so good man.
Speaker 2: This is the second time it was it.
Speaker 1: So he does like Asian fusion kind of so and you know he always has like a little vegan or something for me. So he had the oyster mushrooms. Ain't just for me, but you know, just for anybody who doesn't eat the meats, but he did like like Wagoo sliders. I know, y'all meat eaters now, y'all. I went from Lamb chops, the Wagoo, the thing with the with the Wagoo burgers. Though, okay, if thirty if if if an ounce of Waggo steak is thirty five dollars, I just don't believe you're getting a whole burger mm hmmm for a little bit of money. It doesn't make sense to me. So what do y'all are? Y'all just don't really eating regular beef okay, regular exactly and calling it wagu because people don't even realize that oxtail is just fucking cow.
Speaker 2: Also, it's just the ass cowtail, that's all it is.
Speaker 1: So I don't know. I don't know about that Wago, but it was like a whole, nice little spread. Met some nice people this weekend. I love meeting new people, making new friends. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Fun.
Speaker 3: I worked this weekend. You know, this time of year is very busy, so I worked a lot. But then on Sunday I went to our college friend Jamaica's.
Speaker 1: Happy belated birthday.
Speaker 2: Jamaica run and baby.
Speaker 3: When I tell you, I'm like, I'm hungover right now, you guys, I got so drunk and I didn't drink a lot though. It's just that I've been eating so light that just a little bit of liquor took me to the next level. And y'all we played UNO, and y'all, I knocked over to UNO table. I took my whole folk and sweet that motherfucker. Because they're gonna try to say that you can put a draw four on a draw like it was three draw twos on top of each other, and they're gonna put a draw four on top of that.
Speaker 2: Y'all got me fucked up. If y'all think I about to draw what eight six.
Speaker 1: A lot ten? Half the damn deck.
Speaker 2: No, I knocked the table over.
Speaker 1: This is why I don't play cards with niggas, because they be making up rules, man, Like, okay, we're playing in real rules, or were doing nigga rules.
Speaker 3: Right, because how you gonna put a draw four on three draw twos? That is illegal?
Speaker 1: But when people do do stacking, and you know, right, can't you throw out all those wild cards at one time?
Speaker 3: You can stack, but you can't stack a draw four on draw twos. You can stack draw twos and you can stack draw fors, but you can't stack. You got it right, yes, So now you try to cheat and now you're trying to pick up your six. You're trying to make me pick up ten. I not the table over the table fellow this nigga bee. He was like, damn, you're trying to fuck up my leg, like yo leg?
Speaker 1: So was the game over after that? No?
Speaker 2: I picked the table back up.
Speaker 1: Childish sh We played a lot of fun games too. They had like some shit on the TV, like you press the button on your cellphone like so the questions come up on the screen. So they had like black holiday movies and shit like that, and you got to read it and whoever hits it first, like you get up like in the running on the screen though, but it was very interactive. I'm like, what the fuck I wish I would have came up with that shit, like you really playing the game, like you read it on the TV and you pressed about on your phone and then it goes to the TV like who's winning?
Speaker 2: Oh that's dope.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: We played the game they had. It was a card game where it had QR cod's in the car and they play a song, right and you had to sing a song and then it all cutout and you have to keep singing where it cuts out. And if you didn't keep singing where it cuts out, you had to take a shot. That shit was too because it was all R and B like nineties and two thousand songs and shit like that.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to find the name of the app. I can't find it. Anyway, it was lit. Yeah, we had a good time. And look, so everybody was required to bring a gift, right, and then like with the games, who have won, you pick a gift, you know, like the Secret Santa type shit, you pick whatever gift. I just really wasn't picking no gift for real, and I just when the games and all that shit was over, I just picked up the last gift, the last gift, the last gift that was sitting by the fireplace all by his lonesome. All it was was like a water jug, right, And the nigga who brought it, he was like, oh, you got that gift. He was like open up the jug, though you look and see something else, and I was like, okay, so I go open up the jug. It's a fucking pregnancy test. And then like we what it's right here. It's a dollar store one two dollar twenty five. I bye him should be accurate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just as good as any other tests.
Speaker 1: But oah no, So like this is my week. My period just went off, and I've been tracking my ovulation, so I missed the window to try to get a Gemini. So like Virgo was next up for me, right, I was trying to do the Virgo and then Libra. So the end of the year, like coming up this into January fourth would be my ovulation time to get the to get a virgo. So maybe maybe it's a sign I might get pregnant in the week.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna pray for it because I need me a little niece, a nephew.
Speaker 1: All my friends pregnant. Man, it's a lot of pregnant bitches out here. They every time an old bitch get pregnant, I just get more and more. Hope.
Speaker 2: Yay, let's get into scenes. What happened?
Speaker 1: What we got going on? Okay? This a little boy, Travis Hunter. Y'all knows he won the Heisman? What team is he playing on? Because I know this that he just got drafted? Where's I mean? I really don't know much about him. What I do know about him is what the internet is keeps, you know, talk about about his girlfriend. His girlfriend is Leanna Lenney. I know, I don't know what her real name is, but yeah, so a couple of weeks ago they were getting on her because she was being real impatient while he was at an event, asking like am I just supposed to be sitting here? And we talked about it then.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then she didn't stand up when everybody was giving him a standup of ovation and the coach had it to her life stand up baby.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So the internet has been picking their relationship apart, picking her ass apart, bringing up old video. She was in somebody's rat video, she was at somebody's party, what you know, taking pictures with a nigga. All type of stuff they're bringing up. So Dravis Hunter has deactivated his Instagram page because he can't take it. Y'all really about to ruin that nigga's career, really talking about his mental health. He's twenty one.
Speaker 2: These are kids right alone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like he's not gonna get some He could get like a maybe some super wholesome twenty one year old who probably was groomed to be an NFL or NBA wife he could probably get that, probably gonna be a white girl. But these this is a regular. I think she's like Hispanic or something like that. So I know the black woman. Y'all probably want to see him on a low brown girl. Okay, it might not happen, and it's okay. That's this is his preference, This is what he wants to be doing, and I think people should stay out of it. I don't know why, they just like dragging it so much.
Speaker 3: Not.
Speaker 1: What I will say is that whatever he decides to do, just make sure he talks to his attorney along the way and make sure all his PaperWorks straight. Because she does have a money signed tattooed on her ring finger.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, just let.
Speaker 3: The kids be kids and do anything and stay out of it. There ain't nothing but a bunch of grown motherfuckers too, you know, very intive in these children's relationship.
Speaker 2: I can give a fuck.
Speaker 1: So Deone Sanders actually came out and said something. He said, I've tried my best not to get into Travis's business, but I had to after seeing this. I'm here to tell you, brother, wake up and quit playing. She talked all that stuff about you, saying she was going to address the situation once but kept talking about it. He said, she loves the attention way more than you. She thinks she isn't equal to you. I can tell you're a great dude, and I promise there is a woman out there who is going to make your life easy and respect you. From what I can see, she has nothing to offer but a major headache. What you got to offer, She's not the one.
Speaker 3: I just feel like nobody can decide that for you, like, just stay out of it.
Speaker 1: I think he might be you know, projecting a little bit because of what went on between him and his kids mom. It was a video recently, like they all were on the field as soon as the mama walk up deon sans fuck up about it here, you know, because she I mean, during the divorce it got real nasty and she said, like you know, she accused him of abuse and abusing the kids and all that, all these things like to have the upper hand in the courtse I. So you know, he's speaking from experience. And I also I remember remember we had Brittany Reener. He brought her like to the school. Yeah, yeah, basically because it is a thing and it probably should be a course studying these holes, for.
Speaker 3: Sure, But I just think, like I don't know, focus on football, focus on making him a good player, you know, all that shit when when you're in love with somebody, ain't nothing nobody can tell you. You have to go through it on your own, you know. So just make sure he's focused on being the best athlete he can be and let him figure out his love life on his own.
Speaker 1: Because secondly, it's been working. They've been together for five years, so it's not new regardless of what he's gotten to where he is now with some of her energy. Right, Okay, y'all may look at it like it's just like super toxic or whatever, but obviously it's working for him. She does something for him to where he's still been able to operate. Now what's going on now? Yeah, he has to now deactivate his Instagram to try to block out the noise. Now he's not focused.
Speaker 3: Right, So let that baby be, Let them, both of them be, because she's just a little young girl too. You know, she's not making probably all the best choices, but she's still trying to figure it out. So, yeah, he might have seven other bitches by the time he get married.
Speaker 2: You know who knows?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. It could be my son. I'm gonna tell you that shit now, it.
Speaker 3: Could be what's a what's a man? Or a woman has decided they love somebody. It is hard for you to be from the outside and break that shit up. Exactly, Okay, Erica Mina, so I saw this up for the weekend aologizes to Nicki Minaj after really experiencing Safari for herself. So she was saying, how like she's painted to be this villain and painted to be like, uh, just this hard person to deal with, and he has pretty much created that dynamic. Like when she jumped that fence, she was like, he let her in, he let her through the gate, and then when she got there made it seem as but why if he let you in, why you had to climb the fence?
Speaker 1: You know? But we didn't see her. We didn't see her climb of fence. He said, she climbed the fence.
Speaker 3: No was wasn't it a video of her like going over the fence on the ladder?
Speaker 1: Well, I didn't see, yeah.
Speaker 3: But I mean, but then she also said that you told me that my child was hurt you know, you told me my child.
Speaker 1: Was hurt, and yeah.
Speaker 3: So of course I'm climbing the fence to get my baby. I don't give a damn.
Speaker 1: Oh, maybe he let her in the gated community. Had the guard let her in, right, but then once getting to his house he would and let her in, And maybe that's when she climbed the fence, like you lit the guard. You had to guard lit me in. But now I can't get to the house and you're a messaging me telling me something's up with the baby.
Speaker 2: Right and then recording.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I could see men doing that type of shit. She's saying, he's a narcissist. I don't know. I mean what happens when two narcissists get together. Because we've seen Ericamena in action and other relationships, and I mean, it could just be entertainment, scripted reality TV we were actually seeing and maybe that's not who she is, but based on what we have seen, she'd be cutting up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because just from her first appearance on Love and Hip Hop, she jumped on Kimbella because Kimbella was doing modeling for cheaper Is that reason.
Speaker 2: The very first you.
Speaker 3: Know video with Ericamena, she literally jumped on that girl at a nice place like.
Speaker 2: TV.
Speaker 1: How your ass acting food? But you know it does make me think though, you know, how like you get into a relationship, and this is really why I don't trust niggas who'll be talking shit about the ex about the baby mamas. I don't believe you because we know it's two sides to every fucking story, right, and you nine times out of ten you may never hear the other person's side, maybe until the end of the relationship, right. You know. So now she's apologizing to Nicki Minaj because she partakes. She part took in some of the shit talking right, going off of what Safari had to say about Nicki Minaj. But now she gets to see who he is for herself.
Speaker 2: For herself.
Speaker 3: I was dating this producer and the super producer, and the whole time we went on this particular day, all he did was drag his wife ex wife. Well they're like going through a divorce, drag her. She's just she's just that, she's I mean, he spent so much time talking about her. I was kind of like tuning him out and looking at my phone and finding sins for the show bro, Like who wants to hear that, you know, I don't want to hear about yo bitch. Then later on in another conversation, he was like, yeah, she says I talked about her. I never talk about her, And I was like, yeah, you do. You talk my head off about this woman, So you do talk about her. And if you talked about her to me that much, imagine what you're saying to other people.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I know I talked about my extra exes. I sure do on dates. No, not on dates, absolutely, but on this motherfucker this show right here, So talk about your ass on here, apps, because I mean, it could be therapeutic. But like if you just always ah, okay, not on dates. But I have like been in like situationships with people where I may have mentioned my ex one too many times. But I feel like people recognize when you do it, but they don't hear when they talk about people that they fuck with before. I just have the same constant person. You're telling me about twenty different women in the last five years of your life, right, I'm talking about the same nigga. So it might seem excessive mm hmmmmm, But I do try try very hard and not talk about these fucking niggas. Okay, to the next, to the next, because I think that sometimes men subconsciously treat you how the last man treated you because they think that you can handle it. You know, I've been through it, So keep all your dumb bit shit to yourself. They tell these niggas nothing, they will use that AMMO against you, girl. Okay. So Fat Joe was on this podcast, my expert Opinion podcast by this battle rapper math Hopeful Hawfu ho f FA. You know him?
Speaker 2: I follow him?
Speaker 1: Oh okay, I hear that. I like battle rap but I never heard about him. I never knew about him, but I did see he battled Hitman Haller at some point. I like Hitman. But anyway, so Fat Joe was on there, and Fat Joe essentially said, fuck these FBA niggas.
Speaker 2: Y'all know what FBO broke niggas.
Speaker 1: FBA is financial financial foundational Black Americans, so like descendants of slaves essentially. So he's on this show and he was saying how this is a very radical and racist group. He basically says, do you see he says, do you see this explicit who runs them? Or maybe he's saying, do you see this nigga who runs them. You gotta be fucking kidding me. So they're trying to change the narrative because they're not from New York, so they're telling a whole other story. So the thing was that the FBA is basically saying, like Fat Joe, them weren't hip hop, They're not.
Speaker 2: Black, right right, which I don't agree with.
Speaker 3: I don't agree that, like Hispanics did make a contribution to hip hop that I just did not agree with Fat Joe's rhetoric like broke niggas.
Speaker 2: These broke niggas, Like I'm just not. I'm not.
Speaker 3: That makes me very uncomfortable because you don't identify as black, you know. And I know we sometimes give Hispanics a past because of culturally their experiences in our communities.
Speaker 1: Well they were I mean, and also Hispanics most right, particularly Puerto Ricans okay, Dominicans Okay, y'all. Some niggas, Okay, they are black, you know what I'm saying. They literally mixed with African or black whatever wherever it came from. The This is why I be trying to get away from like the black African American thing, right because and I don't one hundred degree agree with FBA right, because some of their rhetoric is extreme. I don't know if y'all ain't been on Clubhouse and to see them in action on Twitter and shit, it do be nasty, right, But at some point we do have to delineate right between Black Americans, right, people who are from this land and everybody else.
Speaker 2: Right, because why can't nothing be.
Speaker 1: For us ever? Ever? Nothing? You know? So people love niggashit, but they hate niggas right. So what Fatcho was saying was really anti black. Its fuck to me, Yeah to me as well, because we are some broke niggas, how abou dad, and that we've been trying to get some fucking money. So the FBA, they really be focusing on reparations and things like that. But in order to get that, you have to we have to be able to tell the government this particular group of people, not everybody who has brown skin.
Speaker 3: And it was broke niggas that was leaning back with you. You know, it was broke niggas that was doing the lean bag. It was broke niggas that help you to cool, you know, So exactly this is laughing a face to say that as far as I'm.
Speaker 1: Concerned, And why do they get this? You niggas?
Speaker 3: Some yeah, some Hispanics use niggas as a derogatory term against Black people. It's not a term of affection or endearment. It is used to call us something bad. So it's just unfair. It doesn't seem right, especially in the context that you're using it, you know. And it's crazy for somebody non black that say they're racist broke niggas, Like you can't call somebody racist and then in turn say something racist about them, like you literally made a racist statement right after that, you know.
Speaker 2: So I don't know it's a slippery slope because.
Speaker 1: It's not slippery at all. It is what it is. It's not slippery. And that's why we need to draw a line somewhere, you see. But black people, black Americans are very inviting. That's why we're in a position wherein now, from the beginning of time, we've been letting people come in. And we lost the war at the shores when the motherfucker's first.
Speaker 2: That's how we ended up boat exactly, not.
Speaker 1: On the boat, being enslaved on our own land. That's what happened. The majority of the slaves did not come and o goddamn boats. These people came here and enslaved the people of this land, the broken niggas he talking about. So yeah, he needs to watch his mouth. That's And I don't think this is the first time like people have been coming at Fat Joe about the use of the word nigga and shit like that either, right, So it's it's a big conversation around the whole thing. Now I'm gonna I'm gonna dig in it a little bit. But yeah, like I what uh it was one of the awards. I don't know if it was the Grammy something, but the Hispanics were feeling like like they weren't being included enough for it was something going on. But it's like nobody, nobody creates a table for us. Nobody he ever gives us a seat at their table. They try very very hard to actually separate themselves from us when it actually matters, right, So we really be on a boat by ourselves and people be tugging at our fucking ankle for help all of dayn time. If black people foundational Black Americans, which I don't, it's just weird, right because I don't. Everybody is not a descendant of a slave either, right, but everybody is a descendant of Everybody in the diaspora is a descendant of like Jim Crow and almost we had a whole episode on this stuff of all the nasty ass things that came after slavery that then affected black people across the diaspora. So that's even larger conversation. But I don't know. I just I just think that people need to watch their fucking mouth.
Speaker 2: That's what I think. Watch your mouth.
Speaker 1: And then you sit in the room that dude, that the batter rapper, I believe he's Jamaican, So neither one of y'all are Black Americans, Right, that's why you could keep ki key and think that shit fucking funny.
Speaker 2: It's not okay. It's hurtful. It's hurtful. But you know, I think he's getting a.
Speaker 3: Lot of backlash because of it, Like and I think maybe he he might not give a fuck, but he should.
Speaker 1: He should definitely give a fuck. He needs to. Maybe we need to get a museum. We do have museums. Go to the African American Museum and see why the fuck what you're saying isn't okay. Like the same way that you have the ai AD, I l the um At Anti Defamation Deformation League for like the Holocaust and the Jews and shit like that. Like we need some ship like that. When you cross us, you got to go do twenty steps like Kyrie Irving had to do when he quote unquote offended those people. Like we need y'all. We need y'all to go do the same type of shit because obviously y'all don't know why it is we're in a position we are in now. It's not by hamper stance.
Speaker 2: And you don't care that it's hurt. You think you just get a pass for whatever reason.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. I don't fuck with fact Joe today. You shouldn't even have told me about that shit. Look, I know I reported on it, but Tammy brought it to my attention earlier and we had a whole, big, long, drawing out conversation prior to this ship. I might not want to say on Wax, but boy, fuck you. Okay, get the show started anyway, y'all. It is the day after Christmas, Merry Holidays, all that shit, Merry Christmas, and you know this is like the weird week. It's like it's like there's Christmas and then it's like maybe people have to go back go back to work. Maybe they don't. They just trying to get their life situated for the New Year's It's like.
Speaker 2: If you do go back to work, do you really give a fuck about work?
Speaker 3: For nobody this week? Don't count, right, y'all, Dad, I'm here. It's just I'm here just because I gotta be, and that's it. Don't ask you to do it for real, right, So, I think the only people who really working is people trying to sell get them cars off their lot.
Speaker 2: By the end of the year.
Speaker 1: That's yep, le you're gonna get me one.
Speaker 2: I'm going to get one.
Speaker 3: I got to y'all. Let me tell y'all, I have a range drover in my heat. Like in the past two months, I swear, ship after ship after ship is just fucking up. Like the Pulley system fucked up. Then something went on with where the reservoir for the cooling.
Speaker 1: Oh so you have a heating and you have a cooling issue with your card the heat and not working.
Speaker 3: I already got that fixed and now just like literally two days ago, I have no heat and it's fucking freezing out.
Speaker 1: Do you have add a freeze in the car?
Speaker 3: Yes, because they just like, literally a month ago, they fixed the cooling reservoir some shit, so because the air wasn't working or something like that. So I got that fixed and now it's another issue. So now I like, the only reason I've been warm the heat off the engine is the motherfucking heated seats and heat is steering.
Speaker 2: No, no, I'm getting out this motherfucker next week. I'm done with this range Rover.
Speaker 1: Range Rovers and land Rovers. They look nice, yeah, but they are, like they're not the best cars.
Speaker 2: I'm moving on over yeah.
Speaker 1: So yeah, So the topic this week we wanted to talk about like post Christmas, uh economics essentially, right, So the economics of post Christmas returns, sales and debt.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: And lots of it.
Speaker 1: Okay, so we're back, and so you know, I think the holidays and being at the very end of the year, it does affect your finances going into the new year. I think a lot of people do more spending than they actually should and new Year come around and you're trying to dig yourself out of a hole from the previous year. Personally, I don't be buying a whole bunch of shit. One of my nieces told me she wanted to with those little braces with the charms Pandora, the Pandora bracelet thing. I got her a pair of sneakers, and you know, usually I and that's because she asked for it. I'm buy a shit for nobody else. But usually I just give out scratch offs that I put my name on the back. I sign it though I signed them before I give it to them. So maybe that's all I'll do this year. Maybe I'll just go buy everybody two dollars Mega million or Powerball tickets and see if somebody win. Like, yeah, this is just another day like the Holidays when I have my own kid, like I am going to create my own traditions with them. I'm not. I probably won't be celebrating Christmas real.
Speaker 3: No, I try not to do a lot of Every year. I end up always overspending because something jumps into my spirit and I just like want to buy everybody everything I can potentially afford, because I just enjoy seeing people open gifts and like, oh, how does it make them feel? I love to see like nothing hurts my feelings more than disappointment on somebody's face when they opened up my gifts.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I'm heartbroken.
Speaker 3: But this year, I ain't do that. I did not go crazy. I did not overspend. I adopted a kid and bought gifts for that child, you know. And then that's really all I did. I didn't buy nobody else shit. And I me and my sister, we always exchange gifts. I was like, don't give me nothing.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 3: She's like, what do you want? I was like some, I guess some Cris White strips. I was like, but I can literally go to the grocery.
Speaker 2: Store and get that for myself. Like I don't need to. Just don't buy me nothing because I really need nothing, you know.
Speaker 3: And I sacrificed, Like do you see my fingernails. They look crazy. I have not gotten them done. I use my nail money to buy that kid.
Speaker 2: Kid.
Speaker 3: Yo, So it's just gonna be ugly until they do year. That's just what's gonna happen. And I'm thinking about going to press on.
Speaker 1: Nails that should be looking nice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what I'm about to do. I'm about to soak these off and get me some press offs and calling them.
Speaker 1: Maybe I'll try to make my own like design them.
Speaker 2: No, no, I ain't doing that. I ain't got time. That shit would be hit d us.
Speaker 1: I really don't like like the nails because they fuck up like your nail bad. And I like my natural nails. I like when my nails grow out. Right now, they're not because I ain't been on Vitamin D for a couple of months. I haven't had my like real vitamin regimen. But yeah, I apologize shit this weekend on my homegirl. Shit they ugly at hell, chipping toenails look the same, but just to match my dress, that's it.
Speaker 2: I got my first petticure since I broke my feet. I had to.
Speaker 3: I had to because my feet looked like if I didn't go get my feet done, I was gonna be able to snatch your salmon out the stream.
Speaker 2: Was crazy. Yeah I didn't spit on that, but after that, that's it.
Speaker 3: But I just feel like everybody has been in like a financial You can feel the economy.
Speaker 2: Squeezing the life out of us, like if.
Speaker 1: Is it really? Because I still feel like people still spend a lot of money on bullshit, people still acting like they got it, which is why these motherfuckers keep reving and shit up, I got it when I got it.
Speaker 2: I mean, I've been holding a dollar so tight. The ego on that motherfucker, just the what of God, I've been holding a dollar tight?
Speaker 1: So all right, So this article I'm reading, it's actually from Forbes. It says the holiday season, often referred to as the most wonderful time of year, leaves behind a mixed bag of emotions and financial consequences. Once the decorations come down and the festive chair subsides, many individuals are faced with the reality of holiday spending. Let's delve into the financial aftermath of Christmas, exploring their surgeon returns and the allure of post holiday sales and the lingering weight of debt, along with actionable tips for recovery and smarter spending. So you got people returning a lot of shit. There's a lot of buyers or morse after Christmas. Maybe somebody returning your shit because they need the money, right, So make sure y'all provide those gift receipts with y'all stuff, And don't question. If you don't never ask them, you never see them wearing your shit, Like, don't ask, no questions. They spend the money on something they really need it.
Speaker 2: I do have a confession.
Speaker 3: So I did buy myself a very expensive bottle of perfume.
Speaker 1: Me too, Oh how much very I gotta sail though, one hundred eighty dollars.
Speaker 2: But you got some creed the Queen of Sce that smells so good. I could not.
Speaker 1: I do want to bottle creed.
Speaker 2: And then my sister like a little demon sitting on my shoulder, Yeah, get it, get it, get it, get it. Because I was like, do you think I need to buy that? I was like, that's expensive. She's like, you should treat yourself. Treat yourself to one thing for Christmas. So then I bought it, and I was like, oh, I smelled so good.
Speaker 3: I wore. I got compliments on how good I smelled. But then I was like, you just spent nearly five hundred dollars on a fragrance.
Speaker 2: Go take that ship back. So I went to take it back. As I did, I would write the Queen of Silk, okay, smell good. Oh my god.
Speaker 3: I went to take it back. They would not take that ship back. They was like, oh man, this is open. We can't we can't resell it, yeah, and I was like, oh, I ain't out.
Speaker 2: That's how y'all did. I thought y'all was like Target.
Speaker 1: So normally what I do, because I do have some I love like a good fragrance. So I just bought a bottle of Joe Malone, which is not five hundred dollars for this bottom.
Speaker 2: But that's it, this really nice fragrance.
Speaker 1: But I try to catch like Sephora sacks like they usually have, like Coupon's, specifically sacks for Creed. Now I don't see it this year, but I know for sure last year they had Creed on sale half off. Damn yes, last year, so you gotta I'll just be buying shit, y'all. Listen. I don't like paying full price for nothing because I know the value of shit, especially in America, you ain't getting the value that you think you're getting for the price point. So I'm always trying to find a fucking deal, bitch. Okay. I don't like feeling like I got finessed.
Speaker 3: I definitely felt like I finished myself because well, am I buying five hundred dollars perfume? But it's not so good. I just like one squirt enough it's so concentrated, it's so powerful.
Speaker 2: So y'all gonna smell meat like that all year.
Speaker 1: You don't ask to use me ship.
Speaker 3: No, you can use my vanilla sky cheap TJ Max shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got some nice fragments is from TJ Max shallow I usually mixed with my expensive shit, like just to just get a long last and smell all day long. Because with the ship from TJ Max, you can spend at a thousand time. Don't give a fuck. It's about only costs me twenty five dollars. I'll go get another one, buy the bulk.
Speaker 3: Like that's what my sister be doing. I'd be like, do you have on enough? Like She'll be like, She'll come in the room and I'll be like, bitch, do you have on enough? And she'll be like, it's not that much. And then it'll be like you can see, Like.
Speaker 2: I'm like, it should not be able to stay.
Speaker 1: On your damn clues. Shame anyway. The rush to return gifts that says returning or exchanging unwanted gifts has become a hallmark of the post Christmas season. According to retail industry reports, nearly thirty percent of all holiday purchases are returned, creating a logistical challenge for retailers and an economic ripple effect. Retailers often occur costs from processing returns, restocking items, or marking them down for reseal. For consumers, the process can lead to and Paul's spending, a phenomenon known as boomerang effects, where shoppers end up spending more during returns than they intended.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that girl math shit. You know you're going there and like I already you know, I returned this and now I have seventy dollars.
Speaker 1: And you add another seventy to it.
Speaker 3: Yes, like I got one hundred and forty dollars worth of stuff for only seventy.
Speaker 2: You know that's girl math because it's not only seventy.
Speaker 1: You already spit it, right, that's definitely the fucking girl math. All right. So here's a pro tip. It says to avoid impulsive purchases while returning gifts, set a strict budget beforehand and stick to it. Consider asking for store credit instead of cash to reduce the temptation to overspin. So, yeah, like, motherfuckers be returning some shit to add that to something more expensive, So really, you haven't saved anything anything.
Speaker 2: I know, I'm a victim of that. Like it was free, but it was free.
Speaker 1: It was not free at all.
Speaker 2: Money stupid, just.
Speaker 1: A thing, right. The lore of post holiday cells retailers capitalize on the post Christmas period by offering steep discounts to clear out on wanted inventory. While this can be a golden opportunity for savvy shoppers like myself, okay, it's also a potential trap for those who have already stressed their stressed their finances. Then the psychology of finding a deal often leads to over purchasing, exacerbating financial stream.
Speaker 3: And I just think that makes me think about like single moms and how they will go to the ends of the earth for their babies and sacrifice to make sure it's ship under that tree. I'm talking about it. If somebody listening might have got so christ period, you know, they're gonna do whatever, it texts me because they don't want their child to feel like they're going without, you know. And it's kind of sad because really that's not even what Christmas is about. I mean, it's about the birth of Christ.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: If we're gonna talk about it, is it I mean, that's what it's supposed to be about. That's what it initially was about. You know, the wise men brought gifts because of the birth of Jesus Christ, not so your king can have an electric Lamborghini, you know.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: So it's really like, I remember when I was young, my grandmother would give me a brown paper bag with pecans, oranges, apples mints in it, and I used to be like, what the fuck is this? You know, it's so ungrateful. I just didn't understand. Like, but when she said, you know, that was what she was, what she got when she was a little girl, and that's all they got, you know, and that would be their only time to have fruit and mints and nuts, Like they didn't get to eat that shit. So having that this is my great grandmother, y'all. So this is early nineteen hundreds. She was born in nineteen twenty one, So having some mints and pecans was a treat and I didn't respect it or understand it as a young girl. I just was like, I don't want no fucking range just for Christmas, you know. But now I would kill a small animal to have my grandmother back bringing me a bag of mintce, oranges and apples.
Speaker 1: You know, some people were in the sacrifice.
Speaker 2: A small animal. Yes, to have my grandmother bag with a bad a brown paper bag with that bullshit, isn't it. Yes, I'd be so happy to get there right now.
Speaker 1: Well, historically, some may argue that Christian Christmas began at more of a pagan holidays because a lot of the traditions are kissling, kissing in the misslete, leaving food out for some spirit. So it's a lot of things people be doing and not realizing what it is that they're actually partaking in, you know, putting the tree up and decorating the tree and all these things. So I believe it was a counter by the Romans. Christmas was a counter to a pagan holiday saturnail Ya, which like the they basically the days were longer, like in the winter, like the winter solstice and stuff like that, so the days were longer, so they just it was just a counter to some other shit anyway. But now it's it's a tradition. Same thing with Thanksgiving. We know the bad shit about Thanksgiving, but now it's like it's just tradition now.
Speaker 2: Right where a family gets together, eat, drink, talk, shit.
Speaker 1: Fight, be ungrateful, and be young for sure. Okay, but you're given gifts and all that stuff Christmas. It's still a good time give gifts and all that. I think last year was the first time we actually did like family photos. And this whole year my mom was acting like I never seen the pictures. I never got there. I done sent that damn link for them pictures thirty eleven times. You ain't seen the pictures because you ain't see them, because you ain't want to see them.
Speaker 2: You ain't seeing me one either.
Speaker 1: I did not I didn't like them, but I definitely still sent them to my family. I sent the pictures ouse, but it's about two hundred pictures link and you ain't like not one. Not really. I hate pictures, man, I hate taking pictures for real.
Speaker 3: What can we do to like not feel the strain financially in this week going into the new year.
Speaker 1: I guess we'll get to that if I keep reading this, uh this thing? Okay, right, So the loure of post holiday sales, the protipt for that is, you know, to not like overspend because it's a sale. Now, I do have a list of things that I actually need, right and I was actually in the dark last night trying to find the best price on all the things like I want a new laptop, I want another comforter for my bed, like things like that. Like I'm going to pick up due to holiday sales, but I don't just be just buying a bunch of bullshit anyway. It says approach approach post holiday sales with a clear list of what you need. I just said that, right, not what's on sale. Prioritize purchasing essentials or gifts for future occasions rather than indulging in non essential items. So that's a tip if you're going to go out and partake in the holiday sales, because what your fine is a lot of times they be done mark the price up on some shit and then give you forty percent off. Really you still paying over a ticket price? Yeah, So next one, it says the weight of holiday debt. Holidays spending frequently leaves consumers grappling with debt. A study from a major financial institution revealed that the average American occurs over thirteen hundred dollars in holiday debt, with many relying on high interest credit cards to cover the expenses. The emotional tale of debt often extends beyond finances, affected mental wellbeing and relationships, and it extends way past Christmas, okay.
Speaker 2: All the way into the new year exactly.
Speaker 1: So appro to for that is, if you've accumulated holiday debt, create a repayment plan as soon as possible prior to high interest debt, and consider transferring balances to a lower interest option such as a zero percent APR credit card if feasible. Maybe that's what you should have asked Santa for for fucking Christmas, was a deck consolidation program instead of spending more money. Nigga Financial recovery and planning ahead. Covering from the financial impact of the holiday season requires both short term adjustments and long term planning, and it says here some strategies so evaluate evaluate your spending, take a close look at holiday expenses to identify areas where you've overspent. Used this information to set a more realistic budget for next year because you still don't have rent.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you something.
Speaker 3: I know that people do this because as a hairstylist, January is.
Speaker 2: One of the slowest mook. This is not getting their hair done.
Speaker 3: They got it done before Christmas, and they really not doing nothing in January, and they're just trying to save money because they spent it all.
Speaker 1: For Embrace them no spend month. Look at that number two. Embrace the no spend month. January is an ideal time to adopt no spend challenge, focusing only on essentials to recover financially. Today.
Speaker 2: You can get some motherfucking here.
Speaker 3: The y'all gonna have a bitch out there doing door dash this January. If y'all don't co get, I'm like, I ain't above it. Though y'all might be listening to the show. And if I come bring you your Chipotla scare and.
Speaker 1: You're in your new car, you better seen that range Rover for Instacart.
Speaker 2: Bitch that motherfucker and that ship is getting my nerves all right, let's me be instacart with no heat. Why my food? Oh, it's a refrigerator in this motherfucker.
Speaker 1: It's a chicken salad, all right. I said, start a holiday saying it's fun. Begin setting aside a small amount each month for next year's holiday expenses. Automating savings can make this process seamless. So that's, you know, save some money for the following year. But you're gonna be done dabbed in that ship because you done overspent the year before. It's just a bad cycle. Just get out of it. Just don't buy nobody's shit this year.
Speaker 3: You know what I've been doing, and it's kind of been working. I've been sending all my money to my savings account, and then I just pull a little piece off for bills.
Speaker 1: That's what I do. That's for the most part.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that helped.
Speaker 3: I used to like let it go to my you know, checking and then just push them to the savings. But now I just let it all go to the savings and then I pull out the bill money and the little a little bit of play money.
Speaker 2: And I've been saving more that way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you also most things now you get a fee, you know, for withdrawing from savings too much in thirty eight period, So I'm gonna make sure you don't end up with an amazingcy at the end of the month.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I haven't been withdrawn that much. I'll take a few hundred, just a few hundred out, you know, to play with, but the rents all take it out for my bills and then I just don't touch it.
Speaker 1: Number four says Track sales. Strategically plan purchases around annual sales events such as President's Day or back to school promotions to spread out expenses. Number five says practice mindful gift giving. Consider alternatives to traditional gift givings, such as homemade presents or experiences, to reduce costs without sacrificing thoughtfulness. So the one gift I bought for the party this weekend, I bought a portable charger, Like, who don't need that? Twenty dollars was a gift? I mean basically some people probably spent over that. But motherfuck is always around here with adad iPhone? Like who the girl? Who got it? She was like, girl, I needed this so bad. Like people don't buy the things that they need a lot of times.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so give some head. It's always, oh my god, you don't cost you nothing. It's a little sweat.
Speaker 1: You didn't bring a twenty dollar gift. You're just giving head at the party.
Speaker 2: At the party, come back.
Speaker 1: Here at the bathroom, get your gift. Who picked that empty gift bag? Come back and get your gifts.
Speaker 3: But if it's a girl, now, now you gucci at the party, y'all.
Speaker 2: I'm joking, yo, jokes.
Speaker 1: Okay, I mean, so those those are some the lemits that people run into, and then also some tips to try to help remedy those situations. While the holidays bring joy and together, this, the financial aftermath often requires a careful navigation. By understanding the economic dynamics of returns, sales, and debt and implementing practical recovery strategies, consumers can urge excuse me, can emerge from the holiday, bitch not you're reading along from holiday season and better financial shape the key used to learn from past spending habits, embrace a proactive approach, and set the stage for a more financial secure holiday season next year. I sort of God, every year I learn to be better with money because I'd be like, nah, this can't happen to me again next year, Like nah, I can't do that. I can't be like this next year. So maybe people got to go through it, you know, to get through it. Yeah, some people got to go through it to get through it.
Speaker 3: So well, I'm gonna do better. I mean I feel like I did better just because my nail I'm sitting here with my nail is not done.
Speaker 2: I know I'm changing.
Speaker 1: That's never an expense for me.
Speaker 3: I have something really important that I want to say to you. All right, I'm really proud of your reading today.
Speaker 2: You did really good, y'all.
Speaker 1: I just be thinking fast. That'd be the problem. Like I'm seeing a whole I'm putting words that I ain't fucking there because I'm thinking this what should be there.
Speaker 3: A lot of times when you when you sent me this and I saw all that you had to read to day, I was like, look, we're gonna be here, three.
Speaker 2: Good friends.
Speaker 1: Shut up, bitch, all right. When we come from this break, we got a dumb bitch shory. Oh that's it for the conversation, y'all. Listen, stop spending all you got.
Speaker 3: That money, right, getting kids some mother fucking oranges and apples and tell them.
Speaker 2: About my grandma shit.
Speaker 1: Oh, actually, stop telling them about Christmas. There you really want have to worry about it.
Speaker 2: Right, I ain't getting my dog shit for Christmas. Don't know what it is. You don't know it's Christmas.
Speaker 1: I'm not telling my kids by day birthday anytime they come like, well what's Christmas? Who told you that? That's the devil.
Speaker 2: Now you're gonna need to get the therapy with.
Speaker 1: Your girl McDonald's is the devil. All these things I don't want to know about is bad. Okay, if I tell you about it, it is bad about it.
Speaker 2: Y'all will be right back with a dumbitch story. Stay tuned, dumb bitch stories.
Speaker 3: So because we've all been a dumb bitch at least once or twice, y'all. So I'm gonna read this to y'all, and as much as I've been talking shit, I might fuck this up just because.
Speaker 1: You always fuck it out when you're reading other people's words, like it's so informal a lot of times.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, Hey, I love the podcast so much. Tam bam my good Cancyrian internet cousin. I'm July thirteenth, Happy very day, boo my cancer sister, and aj my good Gemini internet cousin. I'm writing in for a dumb best story. And well, I wouldn't say it's a dumb bitch story. I just wanted to know if I'm in the right or wrong. Long story short, my childhood bestie and one of my guy cousins that's like my brother was in a relationship for years. They break up, he moved, stays, he comes home to a girl he was with in middle school gets her pregnant. He tells me, I'm thinking of telling my bestie because I know he's still on her line. He tells me, I'm thinking of telling.
Speaker 1: No, he tells her that I understand what she's saying. He basically told her that he got the middle school friend pregnant, right.
Speaker 3: And telling her best friend because he's still talking to her best Right. So, my friend texts me saying she has tea. We meet up to talk and have drinks. She tells me they hooked up, and then that's when I tell her about That's when I tell her he's about to be a dad and to just leave the man alone. Am I right or wrong for telling her that? I just don't like how men think they can have their cake and eat it too, And plus she was going to find out anyway, But as a good friend, I felt like I had to tell her right then.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, you did the right thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah she did the right thing for sure, because I mean, was he going to tell her and then you smashing all while you got a baby on the way, and then you know your friend, you know your friend probably about to take this shit so far in her head, she going to start a whole relationship with him, probably.
Speaker 3: Because they were together for years, you know, so this isn't like some hookup. This is someone that she's potentially loved and now she's you know, we like to say like, oh, it's just sex, it's nothing, and then you look up and now you crying and feed a position.
Speaker 1: Oh sucking your thumb in the corner. So no, you ain't wrong. I wonder what the homegirl said back to her, though, Like, I wonder what was the homegirl's response, is she's so fucking with him? Did she confront him about we need some more I want to know some more stuff because I've actually been in this situation before it I felt like I one of me and my best friends, like our relationships started going downhill after a pregnancy.
Speaker 2: M h.
Speaker 1: Why I think whenever she broke up with my cousin, she kind of broke up with me too, and they have been together for years.
Speaker 2: But sometimes that it'd be necessary, you know, I ain't.
Speaker 1: Do that her, I mean, in regardless of what I feel like, me and her relationship was closer than her and me and my cousin. Yeah, that's my first cousin. But she was also on just some some wear those shit anyway. But I hope her boy cousin isn't upset because she told her best friend, because why are you playing in my friend face?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: Well, it depends on what he was saying, because if it was no strings attached sex, he don't owe her no truth about that.
Speaker 1: I think if I'm having sex with somebody, I would like to know that you have a baby on the way. And if we were previously in a relationship and you still be like on my line trying to be with me type shit, and we ended up having sex recently, I want to know that you have a baby on the way because I probably wouldn't have fucked you.
Speaker 2: I would want to know too. But if it depends on what the conversations are, because if they're just hooking up, he don't necessarily have to tell her that shit.
Speaker 1: You know, man, you a boy.
Speaker 3: No, I'm just I just think abbruptively, like it just depends on I agree, I would want to know that shit. I literally had something like that happened to me recently, you know, like damn, I see baby shit all pictures, Like the fuck how you couldn't tell me that you know.
Speaker 1: Right, But do you feel like that nigga wasn't obligated to tell you?
Speaker 3: I do feel like he was. Yeah, yeah, no, that's what I'm saying. I agree, But it just depends on what their conversations were like. Because she said I got t we hooked up. It may not have been even like you know, it could have been like some accidental fuck shit.
Speaker 2: You never know.
Speaker 3: We need more information, girls, So when you listen to this episode really still, because I know, I guess bitches don't be willing to type all that shit.
Speaker 2: What's the phone number where it called?
Speaker 1: Right? She said? Long story? Short? Like why you ain't send us a long story? We appreciate it though, Yeah, it's send the long story. You're right?
Speaker 2: What's the phone number?
Speaker 1: Oh for them to dial in it? Girl? The shame? Okay it is nine one nine four one zero seven seven three five, but that's still only three minutes, so.
Speaker 2: It should be three minutes worth of shit.
Speaker 3: Make make talk faster than you type, y'all. This is we'll see y'all next year.
Speaker 2: For sure.
Speaker 1: We didn't say what we was grateful for a bitch all month we did last episode, but yeah.
Speaker 2: We did it, So what else we were grateful for.
Speaker 3: I'm grateful for a new car, That's what I'm grateful a bitch, like I'm so grateful for he did and he did steering wheel right now, because without it it would be frozen.
Speaker 2: God. But I don't want to pay to get it fixed, you know. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So if y'all see me right down the street in a hoodie, is calf.
Speaker 1: Not your business? My your god? Damn, I mama said, mind your mother.
Speaker 2: Business, bitch. All right, what you're grateful for?
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm grateful for this past weekend, Like I said earlier, Let's just you know, congregating with friends and loved ones and meeting new people and good food and good spirits, all the good things I had This last last week, I had it. I did a lot of outside stuff, I think, not just on the weekend. I did, like a dinner party this past weekend. I mean this past last week. I did a dinner party, messing new people at the dinner party. This week, I just somebody just texting some ship for today, lauda. I don't know. I feel like I'm about to be outside for the new year.
Speaker 2: That's good. You should you should. Well, we love y'all. We appreciate y'all, remember.
Speaker 1: Too, nah man, If you enjoyed this episode, y'all tune in every Thursday on The Black Effect A right Heart Radio Apple Where what the fuck you get this podcast at? Listen to the podcast at. It's your co host a J Holiday, y'all do all the things we say, all the things click like subscribe on YouTube on Apple iHeart Yeah. Oh, y'all can catch us on Gangster Chronicles this week too on their their podcast. We did a little collaboration and maybe more to come.
Speaker 2: Uh now, why I couldn't have said that?
Speaker 1: He's like, because you was about to end the show, but you said speak now. Yes you did. Well.
Speaker 3: I was just telling them a subscribe to our ship so we could get girl.
Speaker 1: Y'all, y'all people be running the back. They'd be like, yeah, you did say it's such a such, but you just was about to say speak now.
Speaker 2: No I was. I swear I wasn't.
Speaker 1: Literally said I speak now.
Speaker 2: I didn't. All right, go ahead, I don't know what to say. No, motherfucking that's your co host a J kick a tail.
Speaker 3: Y'all insufficient on Instagram follow me. She already told y'all to subscribe.
Speaker 1: H well, I'm gonna see y'all ash next year.
Speaker 2: And we'll see y'all next year, God willing, We love you.
Speaker 1: PE four more podcasts from iHeartRadio. Visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcast, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.