Speaker 1: So forgive me that I don't watch the show. I don't watch TV. I've realized I watch only like weird crime dramas happening in like rainy bleak towns in Wales or whatever. So you are still an active real estate broker.
Speaker 2: I do real estate, but now I'm flipping houses with Taric. So I took, you know, what I learned from real estate, and then I learned how to flip houses on the first season of our show. And after flipping, now I've done i'd say, twenty five houses.
Speaker 1: You you're saying, I feel like with you or this is like yours? Okay, two of you just you do houses?
Speaker 2: Yeah, with our chimn have we have a team, you know, I mean we have a like a bright business. So but I mainly like I handled the design and no I help with the flipping. But I'm still learning, you know, there's continuous learning in this business. But it was it was like interesting to see, like I went from learning on TV which was really real, and I got a lot of shit for it. It was people were so mean to me. But I'm like, listen, I'm learning a craft, a whole new like craft that I have to learn and you guys are watching me do it, like give me a little grace here. But uh, and then season two you see like really what I learned and what we put into action, And I'm proud of myself. I mean I not only went from like a reality TV where it's like, yeah, they give you your talking points like as you know, but the scenes are the scenes. And then I went into like a hosting position where I'm flipping houses, but I'm on AHGTV. You're more of like a host. You're having to teach people how to do the things along the way and banter back and forth about these things that I'm learning. And so I like not only learned how to slip houses, I had to learn how to be on a whole new TV network. Like it's a very different experience than Netflix. And no, it's less it's less mess. It's more like formatted and struck. Sure, sure, then just fast and loose. Yeah, and you said twenty one you've done.
Speaker 3: Well, probably that twenty five at this point.
Speaker 1: So it's funny because I don't know why I didn't even think of this, which because I'm talking to you, I have probably I have to count flipped I don't know personally maybe six or seven places, and it was amazing. It was accidental, so I never I was like late thirties and I was broke, and then I made a lot of money and bought my first place and that I had put in I don't know, ptend, like eight hundred into it, so I you know, that was that was a big profit. And that was the first time I ever did that. And I came from like an Ikea design department, so I didn't realize you could put in your own finishes. And that place needed a lot of work. And every place you think needs work, it needs a ton more. It's like it's always more because you want to get perfection. You've gone so far.
Speaker 3: That's me. That's me because I like luxury.
Speaker 2: So I'm bringing in luxury to our flips, but at a lower cost. But I'm someone that if I'm gonna put my name on something, I can't just be like, oh that's okay.
Speaker 3: I want to do more. I want the ox and wal I want the wallpaper.
Speaker 2: I want like I'm learning, because I'm not a designer, I'm learning how to design. I have a good eye, i'd say, but you know, I don't like to call myself a designer because I'm not.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's a very you know.
Speaker 1: Get it. I'm not a designer by any stuff. You have good takee you, but you have good taste. I don't think it's uh. You're sort of selling yourself short by saying like I'm not a designer, because the truth is, designers indulge in expensive decisions without thinking about the investment at hand. And so what's happened now as a business person unintentionally, but it's always happening that if I'm looking for a personal property, I'm always thinking about how it's being designed so it's economical and not to tape specific, so you can get out of it if you need to, and someone else will on it. But it'd be exactly what I want. And I'm always thinking of each place as something that if the shit hits the fan, I would be willing to sell or live there. Like it's very flexible, so every place I buy has a little bit of a transactional aspect to it in nature, even though I'm not intentionally flipping it. I'm not a flipper. I just have done it and done really well. So I think it's a good thing for people at home to know. Also, I don't ever start from scratch. I don't like guts and I don't like perfect. I always go in with something no one else would want to even deal with, because that's when you get the good deals and that's when you make the money. So anyway, I bet that's is that how you are?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, we find the I mean we don't care well what we want as is crappy at houses because we can happier, we can we want a good deal. Yes, oh yeah, oh yes, and it's fine, like I must say, like real estate was, you know, it's found what you're dealing with other people, Like this is him and I getting down and dirty with it, doing this together, and it's so much fun and I've learned so much. I'm constantly still learning and I love the end result.
Speaker 3: Like it's so fun for me. And then you know, when you make a great profit.
Speaker 2: We don't do like five million dollar houses, we do you know it might be my solls like one point to two mill.
Speaker 1: And oh so you're doing a volley that kind of in and out.
Speaker 2: Interesting, Yeah, I mean I wish it could be in and out, but we're permitting everything and that's like what we you know, a lot of people get in and now they don't permit, but we permit everything. And obviously sometimes that can be totally yes because of the cities. So we think we're going to get in and out of one project, it could take over a year. So you know, it's just it's a huge gamble, and but we love it. But my husband does a lot of wholesaling, so he does a lot of that where we do the flipping together.
Speaker 1: That's another model though, like for example, that's another version of trickery.
Speaker 3: I love this space. I love it.
Speaker 1: So for example, another model, I bought a condo in Miami and I got it for a deal because the building is renovating and renovating their pool that I have a pool, but it's on the beach, so I wouldn't care about the pool anyway. And you always want to look for like things like that that like you're you know, but I knew that they were building a lot of amazing other like high end clubs and properties right next to it, so I was like, this is good. But I found my I needed to get in a certain point, and my my filter was I would do any kind of work that didn't require a permit. And there's a lot of trickery, like there was a disgusting tile and to rip out the tile would have been permitted, but like micro you know, different things like covering a vanity. There was a bidet in the bathroom that to get it removed what it had to be permitted and it was like a bulky thing, and I needed a new closet, so I created a closet and just like this covered cabinet. So there's still a bidet in there, but it looks like it's just like a little wall like almost like a radiator cover. So I feel like that's so it is so creative. What are your top three to five things that you've learned, not meaning meaning like do this instead of that, Like do this type of paint and it's like Venetian plaster, Like what are your like things that you're you know, cover a hole with a fireplace, like with electric fireplace. Like what are things that you've done that's like trickery that has added value and been like fast and easy.
Speaker 2: I'd say, like paint paint is fast, easy, cheap. So if you are like an accent wallperson, which I love accents, doing like wallpaper can be thousands of dollars like between the labor and that's.
Speaker 1: Why you like only what this is literally a room like a box in my house that used to be an electric room. So you notice this because this is one wall, only two and it's literally decals, not even wallpaper. Yes, I love an accent wall too, because if you can't afford you to the whole room, do one wall, and you can do really cool paint designs too. So we've done and like you know, because not every house we can put in wallpaper or not every A lot of times we do, but sometimes you just don't have the We have the budget, but does the neighborhood doesn't.
Speaker 3: It's not for the neighborhood.
Speaker 2: And so we'll do like really cool designs of paint on a wall where it looks more high end and the buyer walks into like oh oh, madam. We're trying to like create create moments for people and where what would I want in my house? So that's what Tark and I always constantly thinking, like how would we want to live in this house? What would we do if we were owning this house and living in this house?
Speaker 3: I always like I love. This isn't saving money, But.
Speaker 2: I love a real fireplace too, because you know, we can't put fireplaces in anymore. So anytime a house has a real fireplace, I will keep fireplace that will do everything I can to keep it. I think drawer pulls are a big thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Changing out all the hardware in a house like it can hard really change the freshness because people's eyes go to the details and people forget about that stuff. That's the stuff people don't do. They might paint the door, but it's like just a polished synergy through a whole house. Is that you know, true to your point?
Speaker 3: Paint?
Speaker 1: I think people just redoing their linens, they're betting freshens up a house. Yeah. I think there are little things that make a big big Oh. One of my trickeries is I have dogs that will pee on the corners of things and like they are their peers. I'm an outdoor rug indoor person, always like just decorative out I don't even play games because I don't want to ruin my day and get the steamer, get the people. So I always have outdoor rugs inside.
Speaker 2: Yep, I made a mistake because you know I came from luxury real estate. So I like nice things I like and I made a mistake of getting this big silk rug in our own personal home, but I did seal it. So I sealed all the furniture from like the dogs and the kids, so anytime things are spilled, it doesn't like see like go into like the drug.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So I did that to every.
Speaker 2: Single piece of furniture in our house, which really helped curb appeal. Like you can change like the outside, like add some some plants, paint the outside of the house, like clean up your the outdoors.
Speaker 3: So that's what people see with the curb oppin.
Speaker 1: Like you said, a good point and like the approach. And if you can't do it well, do like less like keep it clean and don't get all cluttered up with like doing halfway with the Yeah, I love it. I mean this is the thing is I wouldn't want to do it for a living because then I would it would take away from it for me. But I've I'm literally doing something right now. I found it. I find it very Uh it's satisfying because it is satisfying. It's very satisfying because you get to have vision do something and make it your own so I think that's really it's great what you guys do.
Speaker 2: It's amazing. Yeah, good for you. I mean, listen, life as life as life. So I I feel like everyone, you know, we have our challenges and I have, you know, weeks where I'm not motivated. Like last week, I felt like I'm a very motivated, driven person, but like last week, I just didn't have it in me.
Speaker 3: I mean, I also was like not feeling well and I was sick.
Speaker 2: But you know, I said to Tark, I'm like, I'm just not in a good place this week.
Speaker 3: And He's like, we all go through that. Like he's very We're really.
Speaker 2: Good at when I'm feeling down or something's not going right for me, He's right there to be like motivate me and get me going again, and like it's a or gives me space to feel it's okay to not feel like perfect every day. It's okay to not feel like your best every day. And you know, I think, like I'm I am a perfectionist, so I'm hard on myself.
Speaker 3: So if I'm not like and he's he's hard to keep up with.
Speaker 2: He is probably one of the most hard working people I've ever met. In my life and he'll always say, you don't have to keep up with me. But I think, like when you're in like a relationship, like I'm not going to be at the Montage every day laying out drinking like Margarita's all day, right, Like I'm very like a driven person. I would I want to, but I'm not. But no, things are good. I mean, you know, we go to couples therapy. We go like every other week to get that was like a newer thing for us to just learn how to communicate. Like as our relationship gets, you know, deeper and longer and we've been together for a longer time to talk through like certain things that maybe it's a little uncomfortable to talk about at home or you know, when you have the kids, Like it's trying to find space to talk about deeper things without like maybe getting into an argument and just kind of learning we're different if you talking like in the ennock in the.
Speaker 3: Door before you get rubbed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and like just why not, you know, why not like talk about deeper things. I mean, I'm at a place I'm thirty seven, I'm turning thirty eighth this year, and I've really enjoyed motherhood. I've loved having a baby of my own. It's my most favorite thing I'm doing in my life. And he's the yummiest, sweetest boy, and it made me want another baby, and Taric does not want way, so we're.
Speaker 3: Kind of dealing.
Speaker 2: It's not like fifty percent he wants one and no, it's like no, and that was it's really hard for me.
Speaker 1: Well, that's interesting. That is hard for you. But I was your age when I had my daughter, and oh, yep, I guess how old you were, thirty seven or thirty eight when you had I'm thirty seven right now and I had Tristan out there thirty five. Never mind, I was your age now when I had my daughter, and I think I thought about maybe having another one. I will say, it sounds like you're very driven, and it's it's nice to like. I'm just saying because you it sounds like you're in a great relationship and you got it going good. And if you're going to mess up your dynamic and have him have some resentment and I want to go back in, that could mess up the whole apple cart. Like in a deal, not everyone gets what they want, and having another child is a big one, so you'd have to really decide what's more important to you in your life. It sounds like you have a whole good dynamic, which is extraordinarily rare. Yeah, and I will say that you I am surprised to be I was. When I left The Housewives for the second time, I was kind of retiring. I was going to do this podcast is to play around. This doesn't take a lot, and I could talk about tune of Fish. That doesn't matter what I talk about.
Speaker 3: It.
Speaker 1: It's like nothing to do. And I kind of was walking out of everything, and by just living honestly and having fun and doing what I wanted to, I ended up cracking open a career much bigger than my other career, like drastically exponentially. And remember I was on the cover of Forbes magazine and making millions of dollars years ago on The Housewives, and you know, like made a lot of money on Skinner Ger. I'm doing much bigger than I was then, And this is like playing with the house is money. Now I'm in my fifties and it's crazy. So I'm just saying, you could have a whole other chapter depending upout what your personal priorities are is money and success is certainly not everything. But it's not really about money at all. It's about like fulfillment and me realizing Wait a second, Like I now, when you say your age, you think you're old, Like I, I can't believe how young you are, like young young, because I still go out on dates and have guys think I'm hot and get which you are on the thank you and get flown around the world and get brand deals with twenty two year old. Yeah, so I'm saying it's longer journey than you think. So I'm just saying you never like you might let the cards be what they're supposed to be. I'm in fight for what you want an advocate.
Speaker 2: You have this personality like your TikTok is just so good, and you've you're doing something that like TikTok, I feel like was so structured. Before it was like you know, and now like I feel like you go on and you just talk.
Speaker 3: About it's like a podcast.
Speaker 2: I feel like for you, and I feel like it's people are getting to know you on Like I've gotten to know you from your TikTok on a level that I never knew you before. I knew you from you know, the Housewives and uh, the Margarita and like everything you did, and but now I'm like, wow.
Speaker 3: And you're so good.
Speaker 2: You do it gracially, yeah, but you're your grace full with that, which I think is like, it's so rare to be so cute and so graceful at the same time.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm gonna cry because I I you just talking to you. I just realized that. Like I've said this intellectually, but the thing is years ago. I remember going on the Apprentice of my best friends being like, wait a second, but why didn't they show you being funny. I'm like, because that's not what the show is about. The show was about the task at hand, Like they want to know who's winning the task, who's losing, and who I'm fighting with. Then I'm on the house. It's the reality show. They're like, but wait, that's not even you. Why you have any these arguments, I'm like, because that's what the show is about. It's by trashing other women and covering and frosting and doing a charity event pretending we're women supporting women. That's so finally, like, there's no vehicle like that. Then you do another show that's now it's money Court formatted, but now you're stuck in a box and you're talking about so there was I just found the place where I always wanted to be because I'm insane, I'm wacky, I'm not I don't care what I look like. I'm not vain like all of it's real. So finally I found the reality show that I don't have to sit in a conference room to decide someone to decide what I'm supposed to be doing, and then edited, and six months later, I'm doing a press tour feeling like I have a leash on my neck. I'm not that girl. Yeah, this is who I am. I'm a crazy lady with my pajamas on eating chicken salad. So I love it. I found my universe. So I'm saying to you that bringing it back to you is that you're on a journey. You're in the process. First of all, you could still have kids in five years. I mean it sounds like you couldn't to you, but you definitely could. And let the journey. You know, stick to what you want for yourself, but think about the whole big picture because you just don't know what you'll be doing in fifteen years and having kids is a lot of responsibility.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 2: I think that's where, you know, my baby's two years old now, and I really feel so I launched a beauty line on Valentine's Day and that kind of case, I was in, like a really really sad place when he was like, it's a hard no for me, and you know, we kind of went back and forth, and I think for him it was like it's so easy to say no, but then I'm a whole different person where it's like I really love being a mom so much I want another one, and it was hard for me.
Speaker 3: It was just hard. It was it was tough. It's harder for you. I was dying a lot. I was very.
Speaker 2: Emotional, very emotional, and then I launched How the Essentials, and it kind of took over a big part of my life where it kind of felt like it filled a void for me maybe where you know, I wanted another baby so bad. And then I launched How the Essentials and that took over and it's still it's taking over so much of my life that I haven't you know, I was thinking every day about a baby every day, every day, every day, and I was talking to process it. Yeah, but when I wasn't talking to my husband about it, I wasn't like I want a baby.
Speaker 3: I want a baby.
Speaker 2: So when I was like, I want a baby's like you do? Like I didn't like, yes, of course I do. How did you not know? And anyways, I feel like starting this venture in my life, it's kind of taken me away from feeling like I want that baby so bad, which has been good for me. It's been healthy for me because I was in a really sad place and now I'm feeling a lot better.
Speaker 1: So you need perspective, and I also validate both of your positions. I completely understand. I don't know how old he is, but I understand not wanting to go back in. And also you have a great when you have a great child and you got it going good, I always worry about Notckwood like missing with success.
Speaker 3: Right, there's that.
Speaker 1: But second of all, like I just I'm going to say this because of the life you both have, I'm equal for both. I want you to have what you want. I'm just saying this last thing to say the truth and how I feel about it is that like I can't believe I get to look at my daughter and be like, you want to come to Paris Fashion Week with me when I walk as a supermodel for Lorial at fifty four years old, or like we're going to can These are all superficial things, but they're kind of not when it's between my daughter and I because I can roll with her, like it's not a big group summit. It's called like, let's go get on the boat.
Speaker 3: We're going.
Speaker 1: I'm taking a whom I'm getting a boat.
Speaker 3: Like a yacht.
Speaker 1: I hate to say that word for just her and I because we're going to Europe. If you have another kid, you have another sport, you have another thing. I'm just saying. They both have their benefits. But I'm really liking this. There's a big life change that we're making that I actually have to do on this podcast, and we're just doing it like together, almost like your little best See That's what I'm saying. It's almost like them. So I'm saying there's something to be said for not like committee.
Speaker 3: But we already had the two others. Don't forget that.
Speaker 1: But it's not the same.
Speaker 3: Yes, but they are older. They are older.
Speaker 1: They're older, and you you know you can let's just say that your your son is uh, you know, sixteen. My best friend her son and she just took him to Europe. I'm just saying, I'm not saying I'm not selling you against it. I'm just saying there are total aspects to both, So try to like meditate on them just at night instead of in a state of hysteria. Just breathe and when you're going to bed, just like work through all the scenarios and the answer will come to you. You have to do it's best for you. I just, you know, just thought that that was maybe perspective. Yeah, so wow, I could talk to you forever. I'm so happy to meet you. I didn't have to say is there anything you wanted to talk about that that I did not get to.
Speaker 3: The only thing was when I touched on it a little bit. Is my beauty line?
Speaker 2: You know, I've really put, like I put three and a half years, four years into before I launched. Launching was like a really scary thing for me, even though I have you know, I have a name, I I you know, you never know how people are going to respond to something that you've done and been working on, and so I was really scared to launch, and I launched on Valentine's Day and I sold out in two days. What yeah, where I launched just sold that way on my website, just D two C so just paid marketing, just my my promotion, my social media, and I you know, worked really hard. So that was like a really validating, really special moment for me. And then I launched two more lip glosses since then that are doing really well.
Speaker 3: And then I launch I'm launching.
Speaker 2: Oh I almost almost gave it away, but I'm launching more products in April.
Speaker 1: So well, your I was going to ask you if you did your makeup because you look like a makeup artist, like your makeup is.
Speaker 3: I'm so glad.
Speaker 1: I put some makeup on today, very little because I don't wear makeup, but I was doing something, uh and I just was like, oh no, is this girl gonna come on here and like look cute? And of course you stunning, So I was like, I got to put a little makeup on.
Speaker 3: I didn't know how to show for you. I was like, is it cozy comfies or am I looking by? Like I don't know.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: I liked writing.
Speaker 2: Usually, you know, I usually take my days that I like, am looking you know better, and I'm I take it and then I go to content or I do something else with it. Stack And because like most of the you know, I like to me in my sweats and my cozy's and I prefer no makeup because I like to have clean, fresh skin. But so I'm like, I use it as like okay, let's go and like work and do something else done.
Speaker 1: Stack. Yeah, well you look amazing. Yes I did. I did make I did make a more than nothing effort, which I usually was like, she's gonna be young. And so it's so nice to meet you. Congratulations on your line. I'm so I'm so uh, I'm so happy to talk to you and excited for your future. I can't wait to hear what happens and tell your husband and your ex his ex.
Speaker 3: I say, hello, thanks for having me on.
Speaker 2: I was really excited to talk with you and get to know you.