Speaker 1: The rivalries, the marching bands, the upsets. Saturday's just got way more fun. College football is back. Think you know the game. Put your college football knowledge to the test with Draft Kings Sportsbook and turn your picks into big payoffs. From live betting during the game to ribery week odds, boosts, and so much more. Draft Kings sports Books have everything you need to stay in on the action from kickoff to final whistle, whether you're betting your go to team or making moves mid game as momentum shifts. Saturdays are yours to own with Draft Kings Sportsbook. Here's something special for you first timers. New customers. Bet five dollars and get two hundred dollars in bonus bets instantly. Download the Draft King Sportsbook app. Use Coach Shannon. That's Coach Shannon for new customers to get two hundred dollars in bonus bets instantly when you bet just five bucks in partnership with Draftking Sports Book.
Speaker 2: The crown is yours.
Speaker 1: Hello ladies and gentlemen, and thank thank you for joining us for another episode of Nightcap. Y'all know who I am. I'm your favorite on Shannon Sharp, my partner and co hosts. That's Liberty C in his own that's Mattings or Ratings Adjuster. That's Bengals Ring of Fame Honoree. That's the Pro Bowler, the All Pro. He's Chad o Cho Sinkle Johnson. Make sure you hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit the like button and do us a favor. Go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from. We like to thank each and every one of you that's in the chat currently. Thank you for your support. Because of you, thanks to you and many like you, your eyes, ears, and word of mouth have helped Nightcap grow unlike anything that we've seen before. We expect it to be great, but you've helped us reach heights we could only dream of, and you helped us do it in a record time. So thank you again, sincerely from the Nightcap family and oho my Kanyak. Lapotier have a new drop. Just head over to Laportier dot com to grab yours. Please go follow my media comedy page on all of his platforms. That's Shay Shade Media and my clothing company eighty four, with eighty four being pinned in the chat. Later packers defensive end Rashaan Gary joins us in a bit. But first, o Joe, But first your door final final preseason game. He was three or six fourteen yards forty one yards lost on five sacks. I know you watched this game as I did. I want to hear what you have to say.
Speaker 3: First.
Speaker 4: Well, first of all, listen, George Sanders didn't play bad? Chat those that follow me on Twitter?
Speaker 5: Yeappy, that is he did.
Speaker 2: He didn't.
Speaker 4: He didn't play well. He didn't play well. He played bad. Obviously he stunk it up. But let me let me let me clarify.
Speaker 3: Why, officer insight.
Speaker 4: Let me give you a little insight, I said, So he comes in in the third quarter, at I correct, the third quarter?
Speaker 5: About them?
Speaker 4: Okay, boom, So the players that are playing in the third quarter, excuse me if I'm excuse me, if I'm wrong. You can do your homework. Will those players make the fifty three man roster?
Speaker 2: On?
Speaker 3: A lot of them?
Speaker 2: Will?
Speaker 3: A lot of them will not make much.
Speaker 4: Man rock exactly. So again, I'm off a quarterback competition. But if you're gonna put him in a situation that is not advantageous to him and competing at a high level.
Speaker 5: Boom, Let's give him a chance. Let's give him a chance with the play calling.
Speaker 4: You know you have an offensive line that isn't playing that well.
Speaker 5: So what do we do? Why not just play the short game so we can get the ball out of.
Speaker 4: His hands very fast to run a competent goddamn offense. Purposely running players that are ten, twelve, fifteen yard routes knowing, damn well, the goddamn offensive line is not going to be able to hold up is ridiculous.
Speaker 5: It's clear.
Speaker 4: I played football for a very long time. I played the NFL at a very high level for a very very long time. I understand in the situation like that, when it comes to the threes and four that you're playing with that aren't going to be that aren't going to be on the squad and not going to make the team, give your quarterback a chance. Okay, you know what, you know they can't hold up that long. Let's play quick game. Let's play quick game just to get your door in a goddamn rhythm. But no, you come out calling regular office and plays that are very long. Damn their play action, damn near play action. If he was under center knowing they'd take a while to develop. Knowing good, goddamn well, the whole line and the people you have out there right now, we're not gonna be able to.
Speaker 5: Hold up outside of that.
Speaker 4: She Door has to be better in understanding that the office line that you're working with right now is not adequate. Get the ball out your hands, Get the ball out of hand. But he's holding the ball for one reason. He's holding the ball because the goddamn players aren't open. He's waiting for things to develop, which is why he's holding the ball and trying to make something happen by holding on to it, by scrambling, moving, obviously, running out an area, running out of real estate, and being sacked. I'm not sure what game you guys are watching again, I stayed. Sure did play bad, he did, But why he played bad is clear as day if you understand the game of football and what he had to work with.
Speaker 5: Kevin Sefanski.
Speaker 4: Not let your door come back in the game to finish the two minute drill. Oh, I've never seen that before. I've never, never, in my life ever have seen anything like that before.
Speaker 5: What are we doing? What are we doing?
Speaker 4: No disrespect to Snoop Huntley, Snooping probably not going to be on the team.
Speaker 5: He's probably not going to be on the team, So I'm not sure what you were waiting to.
Speaker 4: Look Snoop was on the team simply because quarterbacks were injured, so they brought into extra body. I not allowed the players that are competing for a job in this instance. She door Sanders to finish off the two minute drill.
Speaker 5: Agree, what are we doing? Who makes that call? He makes that call?
Speaker 3: Why?
Speaker 4: Because I want the last thing people to see. I want the last people, the last thing for people to remember is the mistakes in the sacks that happen, and not give him a chance to redeem himself because I think probably what would have happened. Okay, we can't have to do it. Come in here and finish this two minute drive and go down and get a touchdown. We don't want that, so we're gonna leave him on the sideline. So these are bad taste in those mouths. So now there's nothing that they can say. There's nothing that they can say because now you've got a small sam size of him playing with people that are probably not going to be on the team, and they're by on Twitter and gonna say former.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: Come on, man, but okay, I can't wait to hear your peace and chat. For those of you who are listening to watch it, I'm not making an excuses for him.
Speaker 5: He played bad.
Speaker 4: He played bad, But I can tell you why you play bad. I mean, if you know the game of football and not understanding the game of football, understand that those that are in there with him during that time, I'm not going to be able to tea.
Speaker 5: Don't go ahead, man, I.
Speaker 1: Agree with everything you say. He did play bad, and you and I we come out here and we're on. We talked four or five nights a week, sometimes six nights a week. We've gone six straight nights. We've gone nine straight days before. And what we do we tell it like it is. TI is like my grandma say, boy, tell it like it tis is. We tell it like it is. Shudor did not play well today. He played awful. Everything that you said is true, Shaudoor. You know this offensive line is not competent enough to give you a protection. And I understand it, says, oh cho, I'm in competition. I saw what Dylan Gabriel did with the guys that's probably gonna be on the team. I'm trying to match that, but what happened is is that they didn't give him the necessary pieces in order to match this. If you want me to fight, if you want me to win a war, give me the weapons. You can't expect me to win a modern war with muskets and cannons. They used drones. Now they used stuff with precision point accuracy. So you're expecting me to win a modern game, and you're giving me old time. That won't work. So Shador has to do a better job of getting the ball out of his hands. Oh Joe, he had some time. It's okay, coach, Hey, that ain't my game. That's Lamar Jackson's. That's a Josh Allen, that's Jalen Hurts. That's their game, buying time like that. Shaduur has in a pocket. He can move side to side, but he doesn't have that ability, that escapability like these other quarterbacks, like I put, like the bour mentioned I mentioned.
Speaker 3: I don't understand.
Speaker 1: Why you would let Snoop Huntley take the two minute unless he's gonna be one of the four quarterbacks that's gonna be on your roster. You give that to Shador. I agree with what you said, because you said, look, we've seen guys play bad beat great in the two minute drill, and you forget they played bad the entirety of the game. I don't know what's inside Kevin stefanski head. Maybe he's like, hey, I wanted to knew you know we're gonna probably we're gonna end up releasing him, and you know we wanted him to go. Look Snoop Hunt has been in the league for five years. He started several games for the Ravens when Lamar Jackson would hurt.
Speaker 3: Hell, he started a pre a postseason game.
Speaker 1: So this notion that you doing him some type of favor when the man who's been in the league four or five years, he started six seven games in his career, he started a postseason game.
Speaker 3: It's just it's just just disingenuous.
Speaker 1: With all that being said, I agree, the offensive line wasn't very good. And the one thing that a coach used to always tell me, he say, Son, don't make a bad play worse you see your offensive line break down your door. Don't make a bad play worse. Don't run around and lose five, don't lose ten. He got sacked five, he got sacked five times, lost forty one yards, fumbled the ball. Come on, you gotta be better than that. And I understand when you and competition, O Joe, I'm trying to compete, So I'm gonna scratch claw and do whatever I think is necessary. That's gonna help me, put me in an advantageous situation so I can.
Speaker 3: Compete, so I can win. But I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't get what they did, why they did it. Some things is not for. Some things it is all for without explanation. Some things you and I can't explain, even though with the thirty with the thirty plus years between us of NFL experience and a number.
Speaker 3: Of Pro Bowls and All pros, both.
Speaker 1: Of us are in our team's respective ring of things. Some things we just can't answer because we as not in. Kevin Stefanski says, we don't here it is, O Joe, here's Kevin Stefanski not letting you do a run the two mini drill at the end of the Gray at the end of the game with the Browns.
Speaker 3: Let's take a list of what he had to say.
Speaker 4: Kevin, it was obviously a bit of a rough second half fording the brown entire Prince offense, Like, why didn't you keep doing for you meet you?
Speaker 5: Why'd you deign to tell.
Speaker 6: Yeah, obviously we didn't play great as an offense in the second half. That's that's never on one person. Uh, so we can be and we can be better in a bunch of areas. And just felt like we wanted to give Snoop a last draft.
Speaker 3: Did uh shouldn't have something along with them after the game?
Speaker 2: Kind of training to do that. Yeah, he's good.
Speaker 5: Walked up to you after taking you just walk down to the palne and then he walked.
Speaker 2: Back up to you on the sidelines before before Snoop went in and he said something to do to you.
Speaker 5: You shook your head. I mean, is he trained to get that? He's a competitive kid.
Speaker 6: But the plan was to go with Snoop there, so uh, but I wouldn't make any more of it than that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like, coach, let me get this, let me get this last one, give me an opportunity.
Speaker 3: Now we're good. We're going to take a.
Speaker 4: Look at they know what they're doing. They know what they're doing. Listen a blad man and see that. A blad man can see that. Again for those in the chat, I listen I'm not taking it fur I'm gonna say it again, and I reiterated, shaduor Sanders played bad based on the circumstances in the situation he was put in, and the weapons around him, and the offensive line that he had to deal with that probably won't be on the fifty three man roster. That's exactly what you would look like. You could have put Tom Brady out there with that offensive line. He would have look the exact same way. You could put Patrick Mahomes out there for that offensive line in that third quarter in the second half, he would have looked the exact same way. Kevin Stefanski saying, we didn't play well in the second half, Well, yeah, I mean obviously.
Speaker 1: You didn't call plays well in the second half. This is what Derek Carr had to say. I need to understand why why we don't get to see Shaduo run this too?
Speaker 2: Minu Adrill.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't you want to see your young quarterback operating this situation get him more reps for the future. I didn't see the whole game, so maybe he already showed enough. Help me understand this, Jerome aiden Rupp, So Kevin Stefanski give Dylan Gabriel easy short throws with max protection and then give Shador Bullge eye plays with an old line that looked like they just ate a gang of little debbies.
Speaker 3: F you Browns trade.
Speaker 4: Did you hear the keyword when I one of that? As soon as I stated that he played well and the first thing I said, what you just read. He gave Dylan Gabriel short throws to get himself in rhythm, to get the ball out of his hands. And then in the second half, the play calls were much longer, routes that took time to develop, and they know good and well that the officers line wouldn't be able to hold up the only reason a quarterback holds onto the ball. Sometimes it's covered sacks. Sometimes it's waiting for receivers to get downfield for route to develop, and they know good and well, like you know, good and well, it wasn't gonna work. You have an NFL quarterback, an experienced quarterback that's pointing.
Speaker 5: It out exactly what I said. I didn't even know. I didn't even know.
Speaker 4: Derek Carr tweeted that I didn't even know. But I'm just sitting here watching. I'm like, like.
Speaker 5: What are we doing.
Speaker 4: What are we doing as a as a coach, as a head coach, as a coaching staff. I mean, if it's a quarterback competition, put the players in advantageous situations.
Speaker 5: And give them a chance to succeed. It's simple.
Speaker 4: It's something like you would do on Sunday when Joe Flacco goes out there Week one against the Cincinnati Bengals. They're going to put him in positions to succeed every quarter, every down. It's just the way the game is played. You play to win the game. I mean, I don't understand.
Speaker 1: I don't under stand, Mike Heill, Mike Hill, I hope your Door will eventually end up on a good roster with a coach who wants and believes in him.
Speaker 3: Is so obvious.
Speaker 1: This league and even the rounds in a sense, have been trying to send a message to him since he since the draft, and it's downright disgusting. Like I said, I co sign, I agree with everything that you said. The play was not adequate enough and your Door has to get to a point in time, and that's always been his knock. We said this when he was in college. He holds onto the ball too long, you're not going to make every play. The sooner he gets that in his head, the sooner he comes to that realization, the better off he's gonna beat. Do not make a bad play worse, O Jo. If you the worst thing you could do, O Joe. If I run, if I run the wrong route is dropped the ball when you throw it to me, Damn Son, At least you can do is catch it. You look at up to play. You're someplace. You're not supposed to beat.
Speaker 3: Son.
Speaker 1: If you, if you, if you, if you jump off side something, just go just go ahead. Maybe they missed it, But don't make a bad play worse and you block the wrong guy and then you end up holding what damn son, your door. Just feed your process up. Yes, the offensive line wasn't adequate. Yes, the receivers. Give him the plays that you gave against Carolina. Let him get the ball out of his hands, let him let let In a situation like that, you let the You let.
Speaker 3: The offense, you let the receivers help you.
Speaker 1: You put the ball in their hands and says, okay, son, go get full five yards out of the catch, as opposed to take the five step drop and trying to push the ball down the field. That is my my synopsis of what I saw. Hopefully, now, oh Joe, hopefully preseasons is over. We can stop having these conversations. Joe Flacco is the starting quarterback. Now, we need to stop asking these questions. When are we gonna social door, because you're not gonna see Joe Flacco something happens to him. If they keep full quarterbacks, it's gonna be Joe Flacco. It's gonna probably be I don't know. Hell, the way it.
Speaker 3: Looks look like Dylan Gabriel might be too. Now can pick.
Speaker 5: It might be three and you know, you know what?
Speaker 4: Also what also I'm not saying it scares me, but it worries me if they've already made a decision, if their mind is already made up as an organization, as a head coach has them coming out and saying what he said two weeks ago about the pick not being his, and Andrew Berry standing by his side and standing by his pick, and for Andrew Berry to have to witness what he saw today, someone that is very intelligent, very intelligent, to be in a position of power that he's in and to witness what he witness today I'm thinking also, if the decision has already been made to release your door or to cut him in any way, shape, form or fashion. What scares me is is him going to another team and will team be willing to be able to deal with someone with the last name Sanders? That brings a kind of tension to a team that he does and he's not even the starting quarterback. You understand what I'm saying, because that I do that brings a totally different dynamic to a team where it takes away from whoever the whoever the quarterback is being should do it now? Coming in and being on that team, you get, I'm going with it now. It's I do that he didn't create, but it just comes with the Sanders last name.
Speaker 1: In general, that's a lot of oxygen being taken up out of the room for a guy that's not playing.
Speaker 3: That's what you said.
Speaker 1: The Browns general manager Andrew Berry told the NFL Network keeping four quarterbacks not much of a decision. We have a room that we like and all the guys in there. We don't really see that as a problem. We more see it as an opportunity. O Jo, My thing is why you're keeping four quarterbacks when clearly one of the quarterbacks you don't actually believe in.
Speaker 4: I know, I know Andrew Berry and mister Hassim, I know they be going at it boy, because it's.
Speaker 1: Not like their sentimentality. Sometimes, Ojo, we hold on the things that have sentimental value towards oh Man, oh Cho.
Speaker 3: I had this thing so long, I just can't let to go, you know.
Speaker 1: But but when there's no sentimentality to it, there's no attachment to it. You just drafted the guy. You drafted a guy in the fifth round. Why are you holding on to it? If you believe he was that good, you would have given him a better opportunity to show you what he can do. From what I could deduce and from what I read, I've never seen I've never read anything or saw anything that Shador Sanders took reps with the ones or the twos, except when Gabriel got hurt and then he took that they were playing that Friday, and he took rep.
Speaker 3: To that Wednesday and Thursday. Other than that, excuse me.
Speaker 1: Prior to that, there was not a situation where I read what Mary Kay Cavin was writing and I read what others had written that I saw that Shador Sanders had taken rep with the ones and tunes. So if he's not taking one and two, and you would think after what he did in the Carolina game, that's normally what happens.
Speaker 2: Chat.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you what normally happens. When a guy, if he's down on the depth chart and he plays good in a preseason game, they normally come in and that practice back he's like, I want to see what the guy can do with the ones and the twos, no matter the position, be a quarterback, running back, wide receiver, old line, d line, linebacker, cornerback. I'm telling you that's normally how it works. You're talking to a guy that was in a very similar situation, and y'all said, what, Joe, you always inserted yourself. I'm inserting myself because I'm telling you I was in a situation like Shader. He was a fifth rounder. I was a seventh rider. I was like six or seventh on the depth chart. So I played good in the preseason game or shoe guess what next?
Speaker 3: Thing?
Speaker 1: I know, Hey, at the time, I was eighty one sharp, cool with the backup quarterback. And you call me greasy, say greasy? They put you with the ones and the twoes today. So, hey, make sure you're ready. You need to know anything, ask me. I don't know why, but seven and Cool always took a liking to me. They always took a liking to me.
Speaker 2: Cool.
Speaker 1: We come into the game and practice, Ojoe, he was like, greasy, you know what you got? I said, nah, not really. He said, you got X welha blah blah blah. Yeah, I'm telling you like this, he said, greasy. Look, it's gonna be covered too. Take the whole greasy, it's gonna be. It's gonna be with single high safety, run to seven. It's gonna be this. Hook it up, fifteen yards, hook it up, show me a letters. I'm gonna get you the ball. Hey, let's go, let's say, let's go make some money today, He's all. He was always like that in my ear. So it gave me confidence that damn this man, he don't Hey, I'm a rookie and he helping me. He's working with me. Hey, seven with the exact same way. But once I played good in the game with him, guess what now? I come back on Monday, o Joe, I'm went the twos at I didn't get into the boyd quarter because they want to see what you can do with the starters. Okay, if he did this with some backup, let's see if we put it with the number the one and two's, let's see if he can do that again. Maybe it was because he's going against guys that's not going to be there, but let's see if he can compete against guys that we know are going to be there on Sunday. So this is a very similar situation with your door. I would have thought you would have thought, because we had this conversation, Oh cho, he gonna get so.
Speaker 4: Sure, So we thought based on our experience and what happens when you play well.
Speaker 5: But listen, excited that Joe Flacco, that would look good. He looked good. Dyli and Gabel came in. God damn Dylan.
Speaker 4: Gabel looked good, very efficient passes coming out, everything sharp, went down, touchdown.
Speaker 5: And then you know, obviously twelve didn't play good today. He didn't.
Speaker 4: And I've said it over and over for those in the chat. I know we have our shador haters who do who don't, who don't like him. He didn't play well, can you hear me? But in most of most of the littles that aren't hating Touk, they don't.
Speaker 3: They don't.
Speaker 4: They don't watch football. They don't understand football. They don't want to understand the ends of announcing.
Speaker 1: The intricacies of football. They don't that you understand that played the game. Understand the new Ones.
Speaker 5: Says, we see it, we see it clear as day. But they just on it.
Speaker 4: Oh he played bad, he's asked, he sucked. He's the fifth rounder. He's not that good. Well, of course, yes, based on what you saw today. But I'm we're trying to tell you why it looked that way. But that's neither here nor there. It is what it is. They made the decision. They have to lie in the bed with it, so listen. I'm happy for him.
Speaker 3: This is why I watched the game with no sound.
Speaker 1: I don't want someone to contaminate my mind and I regurgitate what somebody else said. Also the reason why I watch. Fans are only interested in the end results. I'm trying to figure out why we got said result. It's not good enough that they scored a touchdown. I need to know why. Let me see the formation, let me see what the guy did. Let me see the defensive coverage. Was it just a great route? Did he just beat Sometimes O, Joe, you just beat the guy and that's okay.
Speaker 3: You get paid. He gets paid.
Speaker 1: Sometimes Ocho just gonna win because Ocho was just a better player. Sometimes the defensive back is gonna win. He wins. Some you win more than he than you lose. Sometimes who blew the assignment? Was it the safety? Was he getting greedy paying attention to the tight end on the over when he should have been deep middle? Was what did the corner? Why did he did he not? Did he not shovel the receiver down inside and sink? Why was he still so far? Why was he so close up when there's nothing to threaten the flat. I'm analyzing all of that. It's just not good enough for me to know that they scored. I'm trying to see why they scored. And then I'm gonna tell you, based on my experience, having played the game, having studied the game, this is what I think happened. So oo, and I what we're trying to do. We're not making excuses for Shador. She door has to do a better job of not making a bad situation worse.
Speaker 5: Hey, I was so confused the night too on. Let me let me tell you something.
Speaker 4: I really, I really do this. And I watched the game for a long time, so I thought, maybe I'm tripping. Maybe I'm tripping based on what I'm seeing, and maybe I'm not seeing it correctly.
Speaker 5: Hell, I picked up the phone. I called TJ. I call who I call?
Speaker 4: Whosh uh, And I'm like, who'sh am I tripping? Or did I see what I thought I just saw? When twelve winning the game? He's like, yeah, yeah, you could tell that was a bunch your you know what you know TJ.
Speaker 5: TJ don't care. He just he just go off.
Speaker 4: He went off off the rock on the phone. Yeah, why would you put him in that situation? I said, Okay, I just want if I heard it from you, and I know how you and you know how t TJ.
Speaker 5: He gonna tell it like it is. You know, he don't care.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 4: Okay, I just want to make sure I want trip. I just want to make sure I want from another mouth the actually played the goddamn game, the receiver position that also knows the game extremely well all the intimacies that come with it.
Speaker 5: Okay, Boom, I know I won't trip.
Speaker 1: No, And the thing that I hate is that you keep him buried. Now, hey, o Jo, maybe a you keep him and he gives reps because when you're in the practice squad, now you're gonna get reps because you're gonna get reps because you practicing the other guy stuff. Because so because because when they hold the card up, oh Joe, you you, I mean you you read because you want to they hold the card up. And so they got the plays drawn up and they circle where they want the ball to go.
Speaker 3: So they're telling me, hey, this is what this is our fox to X and Y hook.
Speaker 1: This is our twenty five dagger, this is our double square out, this is our comeback. This is that they're telling us what this play is in our terminology, so there's no mistaken.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: Sometimes the decordinators say, come in here. He put a little extra sauce on it because this receiver has like he got he got some real good ad. He got some shake on him. Now he ain't just move down there, breakdown, No, no, no, he studied a he has he at the line and then he goes stumble to die. So give us some of that. A quarterback run around a little bit. We played Junior sayout off at the corderator. Coob and Mike would tell burn Keith Burns was normal a junior say out. He said, go wherever you want to go. If it's if you're supposed to be in the A gap, go go in the sea gap.
Speaker 3: Do whatever you ay.
Speaker 1: You got no responsibility if you suppose to blitz dropping past coverage, because that's exactly what Junior would had no idea what the hell he was gonna do, and so that's how he That's how he played it. I'm like, bro, what hey, you were supposed to blitz? He said, no, I don't want to leave.
Speaker 5: That was so funny.
Speaker 3: What's his name?
Speaker 4: Told me some stories about about Junior man, Hey, yeah, hey buddy, buddy.
Speaker 3: That's that's that's his word. That's what hey buddy.
Speaker 5: Hey buddy.
Speaker 2: Oh man.
Speaker 1: Everybody was buddy. I don't think he ever called anybody the name. Every coaches with buddy.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: The offense.
Speaker 1: If you played office, you buddy. If you play defense, you with buddy, Hey buddy.
Speaker 5: But I think.
Speaker 4: What's the coach of Alabama? His names of my mind s af this time. If I'm not mistaken, Uh, that's when I think that's when God.
Speaker 3: Wise name Ronnie Brown, all those guys, right.
Speaker 4: And Shannon Crowder was telling me, mister, they came out for practice. They came out for practice. And Genie's say, I didn't have on his cleats. He had on regular shoes. And Nick daven master totally master, total him. Ay, you got your regular shoes on. You know you're not gonna you're not gonna go change. They say, nah, buddy, I'm a practice like this today.
Speaker 5: No, And it was so funny that he told the story. Man, Oh my goodness, but he was hilarious.
Speaker 3: All right, joining us on the show.
Speaker 1: Now, we'll recommend we'll welcome in pro bowler last year. He's a pro bowler. He's number eighty on this year's NFL Top one hundred. You were fifty last year, Rashaan, despite making the Pro Bowl last year, they have you down thirty spots. I want to know what is Rashaan Gary gonna do to get back into that top fifty, to get back into that top thirty, maybe even get up into the top twenty.
Speaker 7: Y'all going to see in two weeks. You know, we got a great home over there. Let's go yeah, you know, got great home but there you know against the Lions NFC. Uh, you know, rivalry. So it's a nice way to start the seeason. Uh, I just want my work to show.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So a quick question for you.
Speaker 4: Camp is over now, obviously, I'm sure you guys have a week to work with some things packers versus packers before you get into a.
Speaker 5: Game planning scheme for week one? How was camp for you? How's a body holding up? How do you feel? Are you going into camp healthy?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 7: No, this is uh, yeah, it's crazy because I was just talking you know, my teammate, anybody. I'm like, you know, going into year seven. It's one of the you know, the healthiest camps that I have. So you know, I'm feeling good, you know, from OTA's all the way through now, I've been putting a great body at working and I was just trying to, you know, put it on display.
Speaker 1: So, yes, sir, you guys don't play a game for another two weeks. If coach, if coach Leafloor are going to give you guys some times some time off. Are you back at on Monday or do do you get Sunday? You get Monday? You guys are back in there Tuesday. Are you going to get a little time off before you have to hit it and start getting ready for the Lions?
Speaker 2: And do we h?
Speaker 7: You know, we got a couple of practices coming up next week, but you know we got the weekend off and then back to work on Sunday.
Speaker 1: Damn y'all back to work on Sunday already, dab I figured, I figured, coach on the floor.
Speaker 3: Give y'all a couple of days off, y'all.
Speaker 1: You're like, well, damn, code we've been at We had a good uh, a good camp. Uh the Packers your defense, I mean you mentioned Kenny Clark. I'm assuming you're talking about Kenny Clark. Now, you lost your cornerback. You're all pro cornerback, You trade, you released him, and he ends up going to Baltimore. How do you, guys, because you guys have shown spots where you guys are dominant.
Speaker 3: I'm talking about dominant.
Speaker 1: You attack the quarterback and you stopped the run, You turn the team over, you give you your offense short fields. How do you stay consistent in doing that?
Speaker 7: Rest and just holding our standard? Everybody got to they one eleven and through out OTAs especially you know, being year two and you know coach has system. It's been crazy why snave by flying to the ball, tack the ball and actually being on one accord, you know, talking about first all the way beforeth down get back on track downs were all on the same page, all speaking the same language.
Speaker 2: And you know, it's been good seeing.
Speaker 4: It for you guys, especially the Packers. Opening up with a game like this against the Lions is a good test for you guys defensively obviously, whether it be on the ground, whether it be in the air, because you understand the dynamic and how special the Lions offense is even with Ben Johnson leave and they still have all those weapons, you know, Jamier, Gibbs and Montgomery, you know, the receivers on the outside tight end your thought process going into it early so far, what is it that you think you guys need to do to win that game come week one? From a defensive standpoint, I already know what you guys can do on offense. Defensively, can you be able to hold them? I'm not sure what where the Lions finished when it comes to scoring, but you know they can put up points.
Speaker 7: Yeah, absolutely, Just like I was saying, We've been doing a great job through and campus, being on the same page, speaking the same language, understanding what teams want to do to us, especially our offense. In these last couple of joint practices. Really be on the same page how these offensive teams want to attack us, understand how weak points and I'm saying when on eleven, know that we understand how to protect it. So it's just basically being on the same page. And when it comes to you know, that game right at three o'clock, we got to be locked and focusing on one of the court.
Speaker 2: How we've been and just having fun.
Speaker 5: Okay, one more question, one more question. I know your team goals.
Speaker 4: You got team goals obviously from a defensive perspective, team goals offensive and decently obviously the main goal you want to be in San Francisco at the at the end of the season, first week of February. But personal goals, your personal goals yourself that you will want to achieve with us, you know, whatever it may be.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I can just show you my you know shit, a little into my mindset, man, Just just trying to be dumping it. Man, I've been training in the hardest offseason releases, Shawn takeover. Like I said, one through fourth downs, man, that's what I'm play for. And really just Sean show your body. You know how dominant I can be.
Speaker 3: Rashan, you're the vet.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: There's no more Aaron Rodgers, there is no more j'ahuie. Alexander, you're one of the old guards now. So now, how has your leaders leadership style change, because guess what, you're one of the senior voices.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, it's been great. Man.
Speaker 7: It's something that you know, you always pray for or asks for, and you know it's crazy. You know, we got rookies coming in talking about I used to watch it be for my high school games. I'm like, man, yeah, so you know, it's kind of weird. But I've been having I've been having fun in Green Baby, doing a great job, especially from when I came in with the guys they had ahead of me, being able to keep it real with me, especially a big guy to me with Mercedes Lewis, so you know, talking to him how to take care of my body, things like that. So when you know, young guys come up to me asking me how to film study, what to look for, things like that, I'm able just to keep it really because I.
Speaker 2: Had a good O G.
Speaker 7: But man, it's just been fun man really lead by you know, example, and if I need to speak, I get there. But then also I started learning that, you know, you can't talk to everybody the same way. You know, you got to understand you know, everybody background, who you did, you know everybody background, you know, while everybody's in there. And I feel like, you know, this off season, especially through Oca's camp, you know, I've been able to understand people. Why so when the dude get time, you know, two minutes drive the fourth quarter, when we got locked in, you know I could I can hit those points?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Hey what what what? What's what's it like there in Green Bay? Is there anything to do? Is is it fun?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 7: You know it's chill com Yeah, play football man and focus man man, chill come green Bay. You know it's slept on, but you know it's a great community and as well love.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, yeah, I mean you got Milwaukee, you got Chicago. There's a couple that's ninety minutes away. You got Milwaukee's ninety minutes away. So but it's easy to play. My brother played there for seven years. Rashaan and then you know, going to visit him. You can see why they have success. In the sixties, ain't nothing else to do. There was less to do then than there is now. But you can understand why the Packers have success. There's not a whole lot to get into. There's not a whole lot of trouble. There's not a look if you Apple turns down the way, but that's a college town. Like I mentioned Milwaukee, but hell, Milwaukee closed down at ten thirty. You ain't really trying to drive way to Chicago.
Speaker 3: You ain't really try to drive way. Does Chicago to have a good type?
Speaker 1: Ay when you're there for those months when you come back for training camp and you're there, Hey, bro, let's make the best of this situation. We can get tunnel visions, we can lock in. Let's try to go compete and win a super.
Speaker 7: That's the mindset and that's how it's always been being a Green Bay Packer.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you this, if they're a play that you replay, if there are almost sacked, if there's almost a ball that was on the ground that you damn if I could have just gotten this one, it would have helped. If they're a play that you replay in your mind since you've been in Green Bay that you was like, man, if i'd have made that play, that have been a difference in the game.
Speaker 7: To be honest with you now, if the top of my head. But you know, I play too hard to give it up man. Like I said, I'm going on year seven, and like a lot of guys I talked to, you know, you can't take it for granted. And right now I'm in some crucial years where I feel like, you know, I could take off and started sending in the right way.
Speaker 4: It's flying by. Huh Do you realize you're in your seven already? It went by fast, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's going by fast. It's going by fast.
Speaker 7: Like I said, I'm trying to stay in the moment and then you know, enjoy the ride.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it is because you look up and you're going to be in your teen because you know, you're like, man, let me get five, and you say, well, let me get to ten, and then once you get to ten, you're like, let me take it a year at a time. But before you know it, I mean I woke up one morning like, damn, I mean your teen and next day, you know, hey, calling Mike said, Hey, this is it for me, bro I'm done. It goes, it goes fast. And that's why I tell guys, enjoy it. Make sure you're training, you're eating, your prep, everything, because you don't want to have not one ioda of regrets. Because regret when you leave this game, you can't go back, and so to have that moment of regret for the rest of your life, it'll eat at you. So when you done, Rashan, when you say, hey green Bay, Hey Lafloor or a Gouda can so whomever you got a call to say that I'm done. Hopefully you finish your career in Green Bay, you're like you look back, You're like, man, I gave it everything I had, the way I trained, the way I slept, the way I practiced, the way I met do everything. I walk away my head, help my head hell high, knowing I couldn't have got anything else out of the talent that God blessed me with.
Speaker 5: Hey it's a good one right here too. But it's a good one.
Speaker 4: So I think about obviously during my playing days and some of the players that I looked up to at at the same position obviously while we're still playing, I would I would watch their film and study some of the things that they that they did and still, you know, steal some of their moves no matter whatether you just to be able to add to my game to improve year to year. Who are some players that played the exact same position you do that you look up to and watch their film to see what they do where.
Speaker 5: You can add to your toolbox as well.
Speaker 7: Yeah with me, it's funny, but I like going throwback. So you know, I like throwing on Julis Peppers, Yeah, Julius Peppers, Yeah, Julius Peppers. I love Tom Ally uh ways and Kansas City Chiefs, Yeah, justin Houston. You know those are guys I feel like I read similar tours and then nowadays, you know, you're throwing you know, Miles Garrett, you get you, you know, been in the edge of you.
Speaker 2: Know, t J. Watt.
Speaker 7: But I ain't gonna lie this year, speed the power get you know. Uh, you know, this year, I've been doing a lot of watching myself.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I like, I like, yeah, that's dope.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you this because you and I was talking and how we approach the game of football. How we approach as a wide receiver when you go into a game, obviously you try to get to the quarterback, but everything leads to something else. I'm showing in one th but that's not really what I want to do. I'm giving him this, but I really want to do that, But I'm saving it for a rainy day because i know it's gonna come a third down in this board quarter And I know, hey, I've been running up the field the whole game, and I know, hey, hey, I know I've been stabbing you the whole game. Hey, I've been posted and wiping you away the whole game. And I know you, I know you finished sit on that because that's what I've given you. I've given you no reason to prepare for anything else. Is that how you approach the rush game?
Speaker 3: Is that?
Speaker 1: Look, I'm doing what I can, but I know I got to have this in my back pocket when I absolutely got to get this quarterback on the ground.
Speaker 7: Yeah, own, shoot, you know, think about pass rushers and every pass rusher I talked to, man, you you know all the great ones. You really got about four moves in the toolbox and uh, at the end of the day, it's really by reacting to what the you know, the office in Lineman wants you to do. But once you get off the ball, the seratain way and you you know, God, I'm thinking, oh, he about to stave on about the stab on geh, I stab you the first four or five, maybe six rushers, but you know that third, you know, crucial down you know, thirty and ten, thirty and eight, we got you off the field. I'm out, just sit you down at the edge. But yeah, it's a game. It's a game within delonji'all both know that.
Speaker 1: It absolutely it's a beautiful thing to watch the guys because you know, I'm a little I'm a lot older than you are, probably the age of your dad.
Speaker 3: But the past rushers.
Speaker 1: To watch DT how he got up the edge and bent the edge. He reminds me of von Miller. And then I see Reggie White, how he just had pure power. He just hey, he's just getting on the edge and he gonna hump you. You already know what's coming. You can sit down as much as you want to. You three thirty and try to sit on it. You gonna get humped. He gonna throw a three hundred and thirty pound man like he's a sack of potatoes. And then you get a guy like a Bruce Smith that's two sixty five, two seventy all out like a Miles Garrett playing on a five technique, and you're like, bro, how do this man bend to edge like that? How could he lean? He's this high off the ground reach And I'm like, how how did he do that? I'm watching you. You you got a lot of power. I see the way I see the way you're built from wais down and the way you can you can post a guy.
Speaker 3: Wax on, wax him off. You can also bend the edge.
Speaker 1: As you mentioned, you can convert speed the power because you can't.
Speaker 3: It's all about getting off the ball.
Speaker 1: Once I get off the ball, you at my mercy, bro, as long as I'm not lazy off the ball.
Speaker 7: Barbecue, it's gonna be a good night.
Speaker 1: You're absolutely right. So let me ask you a question. A lot of guys will listen to the TV version, they'll get the TV version, and they'll try to pick up the quarterbacks Cadence how Blue seventeen Blue seventeen.
Speaker 3: Ready to say?
Speaker 1: Do you do things like that? Try to pick up the audio copy, try to pick up the colt.
Speaker 2: Shoot.
Speaker 7: I'm in the you know, the quarterback quarterback head. I'm also into I'm heavy on the office and line talk. The office and line is gonna tell you everything. Let you know if it's run.
Speaker 2: You know, how they communicate, how you're fitting it in eyes, body language. Yeah, I'm mental it all.
Speaker 7: But especially once I heard the office and line and uh, you know talking, they kind of be able to you know, for my reason everything, I'm kind of able to pick it up and play faster.
Speaker 1: Especially when you're at home, because it's hard for them to hear. So they've got to communicate. And as much as he's trying to look at you, he gotta look. But now they kind of hold hands a little bit. But he still got to kind of look inside and hey, all you all you need is all you need is a half a step. That's all you need. It ain't no, ain't no. Look these guys are good. You ain't just gonna just beat these guys. But that half of step that you get, that you get them at edge, and once you get them shoulders heay, once he turned.
Speaker 2: Alien, Bro, you're.
Speaker 1: Not finna ride me up the field, I'm finna get skinny and I'm gonna.
Speaker 3: Get narrow, get the quarterback on the ground.
Speaker 1: So and before the twenty nineteen draft, you funded your own sports agency, the Rashaun Gary Sports. What inspired you to do something like this?
Speaker 7: Going to Michigan, being able to sit in the you know, our Ross Business School had a couple of classes. I was blessed and fortunate to have a couple of classes in there, and just you know, actually talk about no business models, marketing. Actually got to you know, talk about life after football, and it's something that you know, I really never thought about it, and I'm like, you know, we could be real. No, football is the biggest thing. This is not gonna stop. It's only gonna get bigger and bigger and keep growing and growing. So I'm like, you know, when I get older, and then when I do hang my cleets up, you know, how can I you know, stay around you know the game, you know, get the game the young guys, especially in positions where you know, I wish I would have had growing up. And then also the league of legacy you know for my kids kids and hopefully they kids.
Speaker 2: So he's just trying to build it become a powerhouse like that.
Speaker 5: That's dope, that's dope.
Speaker 1: That's it, mart Rashon. You do realize that division you in. You got the Packers, they won fourteen games last year. You got the Lions, they won fifteen games last year. You got the Bears, and many believe they're much improved with the addition as Ben Johnson as their head coach. Coach, they've added pieces on the offensive line to protect Caleb Williams. Defense seemed to be flying around on the new DC Dennis Allen and yourself.
Speaker 3: The Packers. You guys made the playoffs.
Speaker 1: Jordan Love had the surgery on his left hand, but hey, everybody say he's good to go. What do the Packers need to do to win this division? Get a home game and say, let whatever happens happen after that.
Speaker 2: We got to go.
Speaker 7: Out there and we just got to play Packers ball. Like I said, we've been going it from Oja through camp. I'm talking about even finishing the pre game, I mean preseason on a high note. You know, we've got to keep everything flown, like I said, especially on defense. We've been speaking the same way I've been seeing the offense, you know, do their thing.
Speaker 2: Connecting even especial teams.
Speaker 7: You know, the guys flying down understand that's a very crucial part and an important part of the game. So all we gotta do is be consistent, and I do mindset to go. Want to know every week?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would let me ask you this at practice.
Speaker 1: Do you if you see something from like your offensive line, like, bro, that's a tail. I can tell when you run the ball, I tell when you're passing the ball. I can tell how you trying to you trying to set me up. Do you guys communicate like that? Do they tell you, Hey, Richard, bro, I a you you gave this move away? Do you guys communicate like that with one another?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 7: That's iron sharp and iron especially when I'm trying to work on something I'm big on that I'm talking about both my tackles come to me like with bother. So of course I'm gonna tell them everything I don't like to do so I can work on that in practice and vice versa. You know me working on sometain moves, Okay, you telegraph that, man, if you would have sold it up an extra set you feel me or oh you got me on that move.
Speaker 2: I'm like all right, you know, keep working things like that.
Speaker 7: But yeah, it's iron sharp and iron practice and me before the information for season. That's not gonna better the team. So I'd rather make it hard on me now. So for the guys that do give it a win season, I can play a little bit faster.
Speaker 1: Oh man, that's great man, Thank you Sean for joining us. Man, stay healthy, Beth de Luck, Hey, this year you was what holo on, Let me find where you were. You were a number. You were number eighty. Man, you drop fifty, You down thirty spots. So when we come back and have this conversation next week next year, you got to be in the top thirty. You got to be thirty a buve we thirty of.
Speaker 2: A look gonna be great talking see.
Speaker 1: Then, Thank you, bro, Beth de Luck, stay healthy, good luck to the package this season and we're gonna talk to you. Thank you, honest, appreciate you, Bro. That will go with Rashard Gary, Ladies and gentlemen. Oh Joe Shot Sanders was ejected after throwing the punch at Bill's tight end.
Speaker 3: Zach Davidson. Should he have been ejected?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah, you can't do that. You got to be able to control yourself, especially in that moment.
Speaker 4: I know the tight end. You know they was locked up a little bit. He was probably trying to rough hide him a little bit.
Speaker 5: But you have to be able to control yourself.
Speaker 4: You got to be able to control your emotions there, especially in moments like that, especially in the game, especially in the game, so you know you have no choice if you throw a punch, if anything, if if your arm extends and it touches the other individual, you're going out the game every time.
Speaker 1: Oh, Joe, he in the open field. That's not like an offensive defensive linemano. You in the bow and can't nobody to see you tried to hit the.
Speaker 3: Guy right the bat judge in the side, Joe, that's where you studied, right.
Speaker 5: Right there, right there. You know.
Speaker 4: Sometimes you got players that are provoke you. Sometimes, Yeah, they're going to see the person that's last, Nancy, who initiated, but they.
Speaker 5: Gonna always see the person who swings last. Gotta be able to.
Speaker 1: I ain't tried, I ain't trying to get you back in front of the ref. I'm gonna try to get you back when you ain't thinking about it, because see if I do something then you brace it. You all you're gonna do is turn to the reft. You see relp, he did the age storry. Hey, reef, you see what Andy four did? You see what he did? Don't worry about it. I'm gonna get your black It's gonna look like a place. I'm gonna get your half back.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm gonna get your teammates.
Speaker 5: Somebody. Somebody gonna get it.
Speaker 1: Somebody gonna get got They got your color uniform on. He ain't had nothing to do with it, but that's your teammate. Hey, y'all know how it is that work. Hey, I'm gonna get you with somebody that's related to you. Yeah, but I agree with you. Oh, Joe Shanlo knows better. Sharlo knows he can't do a situation like that. Bro, you can't hurt that he got on. He got on the helmet. So let's just say for take about you hit it, Okay, you hit him in the head. Oh what happened? You break your hand? You gonna get a penalty in this situation.
Speaker 3: You got tossed.
Speaker 1: Now, even if you do rate the wrong, you do know when you get thrown out a game, won't you you know that's like twenty thirty thousand dollars. So here, let's just say, for the sake of argument, Oh yeah, yeah, how much is an ejection in the football game?
Speaker 3: It like twenty five thirty thousands?
Speaker 5: Not that much?
Speaker 4: The hell you say, my goddamn celebrations with twenty five thirty thousand.
Speaker 3: I know they ain't, but you stayed in the game.
Speaker 1: Your celebration they called you to get tossed out of a game?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm kidd how much is an injection.
Speaker 4: Especially your first time offense too? They gonna say they're gonna take all that into account.
Speaker 3: Actually, like thirty two thousands, they go.
Speaker 5: They gonna let they gonna let him appeel that. They gonna let him peel that. Who have offenced to They're gonna be like.
Speaker 3: Who you appeal to? You? So let me ask you a question.
Speaker 1: Still Mert Hanks, No, I think I think it's Brooks, Derek Brooks, James Thrash and John running.
Speaker 3: So Brooks and Thrash and then running James Thrash.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, say I'm James Thrash. What hey wait, Derek Brooks about.
Speaker 3: He threw a punch? Yeah, forty for five year Old Show.
Speaker 4: Hey, hold on, you said Derek Brooks, what's about double nickel? Yeah, okay, I didn't know that. Man, they gonna take him. They're gonna take him.
Speaker 1: I mean brooksy thrashed. They're very friendly, but some things, yeah, I know, uh yeah, physical contact with him officials forty thousand. A second offense is eighty one thousand verbal or non physical offense with against official.
Speaker 3: So if you curse in or something, that's thirty two thousand, next one fighting forty thousand.
Speaker 1: For the first defense forty thousand, six hundred and eighty six dollars, A second offense is eighty one thousand.
Speaker 4: Woo.
Speaker 1: So unsports them like conduct, and then I don't know, you know what, maybe they label label it unsports.
Speaker 3: Them like conduct.
Speaker 5: Okay, babec, But what what do they call it during the game?
Speaker 3: What did they say during the game?
Speaker 1: Because that if you throw a ball into the stands, that's eighty one hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: Oh joe, what you play.
Speaker 5: In the stand still?
Speaker 1: I know I ain't throw one chin strap show the pass thive knee pass, that's fifty seven, that's fifty eight hundred dollars. Unapproved visor or tent lack of brand marks, fifty seven hundred personal messages about eleven five.
Speaker 5: Damn gang signs. Ooh, gang side.
Speaker 3: Don't do that, don't do that. That's all I got for yo, Joe.
Speaker 5: Hey, Hey, that's that's a gang sign too.
Speaker 3: Hey, that's all I got. That's all I got for you.
Speaker 1: But I just say, the look, the emotions got the best of him. You know, you're fighting for a roster spot. I don't know what, Like I said, I don't know what happened. I just you know, saw the steal shots of it, like so, I don't know.
Speaker 4: If he did this or he did and blocking him all the way down the field, it's like, yeah, he you know, obviously tight end came off, got up on the safety and they just he trying to drive him back, driving back, and.
Speaker 3: I'm assuming he tried to dump it. He tried, Yeah, he tried.
Speaker 5: To do that's all a little rough house.
Speaker 1: And uh we find out what they what they call it in the game. And you know, you just gotta be smart a situation like that, because you are fighting for a position. You don't want to do anything that cost your position. But you know, hey, I trust me sometime with emotions high. Logic is low. We've all done things that like we look back at it like, but man, why the hell I do that?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 1: And your door probably like as he's walking to the tunnel, like, everybody get your door, excuse me, shallow. Everybody's gonna get God. If you play long enough, somebody gonna get you with a block. Somebody gonna gonna pancake you, Somebody gonna route your ass up. You gonna get God. It's like being in the NBA. You gonna get dunk on. You played long enough, you'll get dunked on. I don't care. Excuse me, I don't care who you are. You going to get got. Offensive line is gonna get beat, he gonna get run over. Defensive line is gonna get blocked, he gonna get pancake.
Speaker 3: Quarterback gonna get hit.
Speaker 1: All that's going to happen because it's the game of football. And those guys are really good that you're going against. They're really good. I know you're really good also, but they're really good. And somebody that's really good can make somebody else that's really good look bad. I don't think people realize. People just think that, oh, he's such and such he's supposed to win all the time. No, hell you not, no even bad Bonds. He didn't strike out off them, but he did strike out. Tony Gwyn didn't strike out off him, but he did strike out. He did get nobody hit five hundred, hit six seven hundred, so obviously, but you know, I ain't really never got that mad on you, not the game. I mean, somebody, have somebody done some dirty stuff? Yeah, and I got damned back.
Speaker 5: I mean, I'm trying to think whatever. The only time I was about the fire when I was gonna beat raised ass. That's it.
Speaker 3: You heard me.
Speaker 4: You're gonna be the mouth of the mouth and the bat Ray all up and down M and T Bank Stadium. He lucky aed Re grabbed me, Broy. I was feeling good that day too. I was feeling good. I was feeling good.
Speaker 5: He ain't even know Ray ain't even know like he hit me.
Speaker 3: Right, okay, okay, go ahead, what you say?
Speaker 5: He hit me?
Speaker 4: I went for the slant. It was too high, I mean, and listen, my helmet went flying. So once I got my helmet, Once I got my helmet, and I was getting ready to walk up on him, and he knew I was gonna hit him in the stomach.
Speaker 5: So you know, we hit somebody in the stomach. The first thing they do it, they go they've been down.
Speaker 3: Did you catch up with uppercut?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: And so man, listen, by man, boy, I'll tell you what I would have that fifty two would have been twenty five when I would double rade that day.
Speaker 1: Boy, I don't think you had. I don't think you had all your bearings. I mean I think you were. I think he was about to be the headless foot the headland football player, because I thought your head within that hell it was it.
Speaker 5: Was it was you couldn't get his work.
Speaker 4: Hey, hey, that's that's one of that's one of the things I missed though. Like I know, I play around a lot. I make a lot of jokes. I'm always laughing and stuff. Being able to compete not anybody, I'm about being able to compete against those stealer teams with Ike Taylor and James Harrison and Larry Footen and Joey Porter and oh man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I thought you was gonna say you miss uh you miss getting Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't mind that either. Listen.
Speaker 4: You know, I'm I was like I was like gummay yunk. I ain't caring about that getting hit.
Speaker 5: You gotta you gotta.
Speaker 4: I got up from every single hit except one eleven years.
Speaker 5: One hit I didn't get up.
Speaker 3: That was it. Will you pop up? Fans, they know they got.
Speaker 4: You, now you know, I pop up fast talking trash though every time there was some good days.
Speaker 5: Man, I missed playing them Ravens Man the defenses.
Speaker 4: Man, oh, that was such a joy, such a joy because you had no you had no choice but to show up on.
Speaker 5: There's no weakness. There was no weakness nowhere, nowhere.
Speaker 3: Division games always too.
Speaker 4: Second level was good, secondary was good, and here go my my crazy I'm talking. I'm talking trash all week long to take all the pressure off of everybody else on our team. So all the pressure was on me. Now, all y'all got to do is just go out there and just do your job. Nah, because they cheap gotting everybody.
Speaker 3: Man, why did you? Man? Can tell Sharp shut up? Okay?
Speaker 1: Man, Sharp, leave along. You ain't gonna block him? Well, you need to block better.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I enjoyed it that way, man. I don't know why.
Speaker 3: Man, I know Look, you know what I bet you?
Speaker 1: I bet your time called him from the I bet your time called shallow in the locker room.
Speaker 5: Of course, man, what did you?
Speaker 3: Man? What is you doing?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 3: That's exactly?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 5: Come on?
Speaker 2: That?
Speaker 3: What you doing?
Speaker 5: Really?
Speaker 4: Sir?
Speaker 1: You think? So let me ask you a question. You hit him, You think you heard him. You think there was a greater chance you hurt your own self or you hurt him. You could hurt him. You hurt your own self, your own team, or you hurt him or his team, because that's how that's how you look. There's a I don't know if he like he ain't really no time, ain't really no yeller. He's more of a talker and a stern and a and a stern way to get his porn costs.
Speaker 2: Me.
Speaker 3: I'm like, bro, what what? What come? What are you doing? Really?
Speaker 1: You thought that was your that was your answer? The man, the man, the man that the man that drove you like a winter bago. So now you mad because you couldn't get him up off you. You take a swipe at it. Oh man, Hey, sharlow, you gonna get the weight room. Bro, Them guys, them guys, bigg them tight ends. Hey, you know I was just strong, but I wasn't you know I was two twenty eight. Them guys now them tight as now they six four six five two fifty two sixty. Hey, you got to drop an anger on him, shallow, get the fuck me? The hell you thinking this?
Speaker 4: And Prime got to be careful because Sharlotte was hittinghim back with You were the same one out there fight with Andre Rising. So are you sitting there telling me about everybody you was out there?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 1: I remember, bet I remember that, like they were like he tried to show, he tried to show out from in my house you can't come to my hand. I think Dre forgot that time was left handed. He was, yeah, yeah, he was. He was looking for the right and tied would kill it with the left. I think I think that's what happened. See that wou get your own show because you think most of the time and I think most people are right handed. What's the percentage of right handed people? If it ain't no fifty fifty like a coin flip, it's got to be like seventy thirty righted and left it And so you automatically soon somebody right handed, and so you let you you looking for that right and he just got the upside your head.
Speaker 8: With left got got the boy was going and see the thing was time was smart see time and when when pleasuring me, Time ain't want to break.
Speaker 1: His hand open open ty was open handed it. But I think I think Shia will learned. I mean, hey, you're like, hey, if hopefully he makes the squad and he can get to because this thing, if you on the practice squad, don't Joe, you ain't making forty fives of the week, They're gonna tell your first three weeks going to the NFL.
Speaker 5: You're gonna be alright, You're gonna be all right.
Speaker 3: Like and that's what's amazing. That's what the thing is is that
Speaker 1: Uh those fines man, they a like Damn I could have used that forty thous two