Speaker 1: I got Rolling Martin on his show wearing a cowboy hat to troll and ultimately excoriate me with a bunch of panelists I've.
Speaker 2: Never seen in my damn life.
Speaker 1: And I got other people reaching out trying to get at me because I have the audacity not to be celebrating a cold blooded murderer. These are the damn times that we're living in you hear me, America. Luckily your boy, Stephen, they ain't interested in running. You know what time it is.
Speaker 2: Let's go. What's up? Everybody?
Speaker 1: Welcome to the latest edition of The Stephen A. Smith Show, coming at you over the digital areas of YouTube, and of course iHeartRadio as always, I like to pause and take a moment to thank my subscribers that follows. We've now eclipsed over nine hundred and eighty two subscribers, rapidly approaching a million subscribers.
Speaker 2: Can't wait for that day to come. Can't thank y'all enough.
Speaker 1: We've obviously had a few million downloads over the last few months as well. If it wasn't for the support and love that y'all were giving me, I wouldn't be here, So thank you so much.
Speaker 2: From the bottom of my heart.
Speaker 1: Keep the love coming, and I'm gonna keep on coming. As always always tell you, if you want to continue to like and subscribe to the show, just click the bell and you two will get notified for all of our new content and be considered the latest member of the stephen A.
Speaker 2: Smith Show family. And while you're doing that, make sure to pick.
Speaker 1: Up a copy of my New York Times best selling book, Straight Shooter, a Memoir of Second Chances and First Takes, now in paperback. Just go to straight shoot a Book dot com to get yourself a copy. Once again, straight shoot a Book dot com to get yourself a copy.
Speaker 2: It is not a sports book.
Speaker 1: It is a book about my life, my trials, my tribulations, the obstacles that I had to overcome and climbing to the degree that I have in my life, a life that I've clearly been blessed by God himself to have, So I thank you so much. By the way, that is the name of my media company, Straight Shooter, named after my books, So it's straight Shoot to media. You'll see that flashing up on your screens in the weeks, the months, and hopefully the years to come.
Speaker 2: God willing let.
Speaker 1: Me get right to it, because it's a lot of stuff to get into, and I'm not mad and pissed off like some people are. But I'm not gonna run from subjects either, because certain things need to be broached and we're gonna get started today in the world of politics and social media, where many of you I have taken issue with my takes on the political headlines, I want to say for the record, that's fair.
Speaker 2: I accept it, and.
Speaker 1: It often comes with being a pundit in this business. I've accepted that a long time ago. With that being said, I want to address some recent comments from my friend Roland Martin, who took issue with my thoughts this past weekend on a Justice Department's report on.
Speaker 2: The January sixth Capitol riots in twenty twenty one.
Speaker 1: In summary, I made the connection that Donald Trump appeared to be right to some degree when it came to the conspiracy theories about the FBI's involvement on that day.
Speaker 2: At least that's how some took it.
Speaker 1: Well, here's what Roland Martin had to say Monday about my comments on his show, Roland Martin Unfiltered.
Speaker 2: Take a listen.
Speaker 3: I have no idea what the hell steven A was just talking about I know stephen A, I respect stephen A. Stephen A, you know sports on this, you know what the hell you're talking about? Like, I literally have no idea what the hell he was talking about there. How he's pissed off, and the Democrats and.
Speaker 4: Trump said stuff was rigged, and y'all.
Speaker 3: Madline is running that clip everywhere. Oh they are saying, oh see even steven the truth, the truth.
Speaker 2: They all knowing the truth.
Speaker 3: Go my pad.
Speaker 4: Associated Press Fact Focus Inspector General's January sixth report misrepresented as proof of FBI set up. The basis of what the right has been.
Speaker 2: Saying is that.
Speaker 3: January sixth was fine, it was great, it was wonderful.
Speaker 5: But the FBI, it was a setup. The FBI, they were behind the whole deal. They were were agents. Now, they were the ones who was starting stuff. That's the report. And so when stephen A is.
Speaker 3: Going on and all they they said here making Trump out to be true.
Speaker 2: No, he lied, he lied a couple of things.
Speaker 1: First off, of Roland Martin, nice touch with the cowboy hat.
Speaker 2: You should wear often. It's fitting of you. You are from Texas, after all, you're a Texans fan.
Speaker 1: If I remember correctly, so it's more appropos that you put on that had even more so than I do. So good look there, but nice try ain't gonna work this way. Before I get into it any further, let me show my audience exactly what Roland Martin was replying to when he said I didn't know what the hell I.
Speaker 2: Was talking about.
Speaker 1: This is what he was responding to that had him all up in a tizzy.
Speaker 2: Take a listen. The news comes amissed a bombshell report from.
Speaker 1: The Justice Department that revealed the FBI had at least twenty six confidential informants on the ground when the capital was stormed on January sixth, twenty twenty one. The report says most of the informants engaged in illegal activity during the chaos.
Speaker 2: The Justice Department says.
Speaker 1: Only three of its twenty six informants present had been instructed to observe potential domestic terrorist suspects on the day of the riot. The rest of the twenty three appeared to have gone to the Capitol on their own a call.
Speaker 2: Upon hearing news of the report, Vice President elect JD.
Speaker 1: Vance posted the following on X quote for those keeping score at home. This was labeled a dangerous conspiracy thirty months ago end quote. Didn't hear anything about that for the election, didn't hear anything about that when the quote unquote insurrection was broached by Vice President Kamala Harris as a Democratic nominee, the belief that Donald Trump was a danger to democracy and using this as a profound, illuminating bullet point.
Speaker 2: To make that case.
Speaker 1: And now here we are yet again finding even more evidence to Donald Trump's claims when he articulated that process is rigged. My big issue is that I'm really, really sick and tired of every time I turn around finding something else that the Democrats have lied about or downplayed or missed to represented along the way. I mean, I see Republicans like Megan Kelly or Officer Tatum or a Canvas Owens, or you know, the showing Hannities of the world that you know.
Speaker 2: What I'm getting tired of. I'm getting you know what I'm getting.
Speaker 6: To the Democratic Party, you know what I'm getting really pissed off about.
Speaker 2: I'm getting really ticked off.
Speaker 6: And every time they open their mouth about something pertaining to y'all, they seem right to make the.
Speaker 1: Case that the right had a monopoly on insidious, evil tendencies, corrupt tendencies, duplicitous, hypocritical, untruthful tendencies, and every time they made those accusations, we turn around and find out that at least some of them are guilty of the same. I don't know about y'all, but I'm sick of all of it. I'm sick of all of it. Dave actually made Donald Trump look like he was right instead of them. That is what Roland Martin is responding to. That is what he is saying. He doesn't understand what the hell I'm talking about and what I'm saying when he brings that up. First of all, let me say this about Roland Martin. Not hang out buddies or anything like that. But we are friends. He's a guest on this show. Anytime I ask him to I respect his knowledge, and he is absolutely right. This is his lane, not mine. Sports is my thing. This is what he does. I get that, but I am allowed to be an expert on what the hell comes out of my mouth and what I believe I said.
Speaker 2: And that is why I clap back respectfully at my man, rolling Martin, not his panelists.
Speaker 1: Chirping and mimicking and laughing and giggling in the sideline, like anybody know who the hell they are. I ain't talking about them, that's a waste of my time. I'm talking about my brother. Rolling Martin here. When you say you don't understand or you don't know what the hell I'm talking about, and you have a panel to piggyback and parrot every syllable you uttered, well, why are you doing it?
Speaker 2: If you didn't understand what I'm talking about?
Speaker 1: Why am I getting attacked if you don't he don't understand what I was saying, If it's convoluted, why not ask me to come on and clarify. Why not talk to me and say what exactly is it that you're trying to say.
Speaker 2: That is not what Roland Martin did, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 1: What he did instead was marry my thoughts to these extreme conspiracy theories that the MAGA Wright might have put out there about the FBI having some pivotal role in what transpired on January sixth, twenty twenty one.
Speaker 2: That's what he was doing.
Speaker 1: Look at this right here, Look at this report from the DOJ. It reads confusion and lack of coordination contributed to the FBI's inaccurate report to Congress that had canvas field offices after January sixth. The FBI reported to Congress that it had directed its field offices prior to January sixth to canvas their CHSS for information concerning threats and connection with the January sixth electoral certification.
Speaker 2: However, as noted, we found that.
Speaker 1: No canvassing a field offices for source information had occurred.
Speaker 2: We found that the FBI statements.
Speaker 1: The Congress were not intentionally inaccurate, and that confusion and lack of coordinator communications contributed to the inaccurate reporting.
Speaker 2: Why do I bring that up?
Speaker 1: It doesn't convict the FBI. It doesn't authenticate or validate assertions from the MAGA right that somehow the FBI was corrupt and they manipulated the proceedings to invoke or provoke violence at the US Capitol that ultimately would be blamed on Donald Trump. That's not what I was saying. What I was saying is why the hell are we hearing about this now? We took the report so damn long. How come we didn't hear about this before the election? And is it possible that the reason why we didn't hear about it before the election is because folks on the left wanted to marry January sixth, completely and totally and utterly to Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: Is that clear enough.
Speaker 1: That y'all got people chirping, and you said you got people chirping in your studio, Let me chirp to people in my studio, Brandon, Is that clear enough?
Speaker 2: Is that clear enough?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 1: I think it is. But let me go a step further. I'm a registered independent. The people aren't rolling Martin unfiltered, by the way, watch that the brother's brilliant. I got love for him, got over a million and a half subscribers. Ain't trying dissuade anybody from watching my man rolling Martin, because I'll watch them. What I'm saying is these people that were behind the scenes before they came on as your panelists. I recall one person saying I even need to know what the hell I'm talking about or admit that I'm one hundred percent mega, I got news for you.
Speaker 2: I'm neither.
Speaker 1: I don't completely know all the intricate details, nor am I mega registering in dependent who voted for Kamala Harris oh By the way they tried to sit up there and say, I didn't vote.
Speaker 2: For Kamala Harris.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry. I thought y'all were about facts. I did vote for her. I had my issues, I have my reservations, but I was unapologetic about who I was voting for, and I was very transparent about it.
Speaker 2: Where's your facts?
Speaker 1: So you get to engage in innuendo express frustration, but I can't.
Speaker 2: Why not every time we turn around?
Speaker 1: All I was trying to say is that something repeatedly comes.
Speaker 2: Up that gives the right fadder to say.
Speaker 1: See look what they did when President Joe Biden decided to pardon his son Hunter. He's got no problems with that, but I did have a problem with them lying about it for months, saying, we're about the rule of law, We're about the rule of law. We're about the rule of law. He said, he's knocking to pardon Hunter. It's about the rule of lord, the rule of law, and rule of law. And then all of a sudden he parties them, and you hear crickets. So here come to write again. See, see they're lying. I've often joked about people like Sean Hannedy and other conservatives that I know that if you are a Republican and you shot somebody in broad daylight on Fifth Avenue in New York City, the first words that would come out of their mouth is the Democrats did it first, because their real salty position.
Speaker 2: It's not about acting like they're holier than now. It's about the.
Speaker 1: Democrats always acting like they're on a higher moral ground and they're above board. When one evidence, neuggative evidence after another always comes forth showing us they're not. That is frustrating for somebody who doesn't know all the facts, that intricate details and studies this night and day, Like Roland Martin, everybody's industry or chosen profession isn't following what's happening on Capitol Hill.
Speaker 2: And everything associated with it.
Speaker 1: People working nine to fives, taking care of families, getting stuck in traffic for two hours a day, preoccupy with an abundance of other things, relying on others to give them information, but also frustrated that everybody's got to spend That's all I was saying. I didn't take a definitive position against anybody into perpetuity. I'm simply making the point that it gets frustrating to see little nuggets of intel always leaking out, usually after the fact, incriminating one side or the other all the damn time, and Roland Lamar will come up with his and he'll spew them out for the world to know.
Speaker 2: That doesn't erase the perception and roll them on.
Speaker 1: You notice better than me, Bruh. Perceptions provoke people's attitude while they walk to the polls, even more so than the facts. It's not that the facts don't matter, but that they always seem so debatable. Ultimately, it comes back to how you feel.
Speaker 2: Am I clear enough being? Am I convoluted? Now?
Speaker 1: Fellas ladies, I'm a frustrated voter. I watched the Democrats get their ass kicked. I watched them in the aftermath of the election literally.
Speaker 2: Say well, Trump really didn't win the popular vote. I mean, he didn't get fifty percent of the vote. Who cares he wanted popular vote, He.
Speaker 1: Won the electoral college vote, he won all the swing states, he increased it practically every demographic and you got people coming on the airways, well, it really wasn't a referendum against the Democratic Party, because you know what, he didn't get fifty percent of the vote. He didn't get fifty percent of the popular vote. Really, they got the White House, the House, in the Senate. I was speaking Macro, I was just saying, hey, yet another thing that they can point to to stake some claim to how they've been victimized by the hands of the left.
Speaker 2: Are they probably lying some of the help?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Sure, But what are the Democrats doing? The Democrats for the working class? That for the working class, they were for the working class, or the working class doesn't feel that way. Then after the election, we're hearing some Democrats go out there and they're talking about how too many people in the party are about catering.
Speaker 2: To the elite.
Speaker 1: Well, that's what they were accusing the Republicans are doing. You see how confusing it gets. Not for you rolling, You might know what about your million and a half subscribers, They know what about your boys, They know what about people that walk through the streets throughout America because you rolling around all over the damn place.
Speaker 2: They know.
Speaker 1: If they know so much rolling, why were you determined for Trump's lies not to be heard? If they know so much rolling because they listen to you, Why were you so fixated on standing right there in the audience, and whenever Trump spoke, you came on this show and you said you were gonna stand up and scream lies if they know because they listening to you and other folks who think like you and know what you know that you wouldn't have to worry about doing that because they would have consumed your message and they would know he's lying, wouldn't they You know better, and you know that most people are frustrated citizens who vote, who are mindful of the times that we're living in and want finite, definitive evidence about which side is right and which side is wrong with no convolution.
Speaker 2: In the equation.
Speaker 1: And when reports like the DOJ comes out talking about the FBI on January sixth and passing words like they weren't intentionally inaccurate, Well, why the hell had.
Speaker 2: The word intentionally?
Speaker 1: You were inaccurate or you were inaccurate?
Speaker 2: Where the hell intentional comes from.
Speaker 6: That's a perception, that's an opinion, that's not a fact. That's a report that said they weren't intentionally inaccurate.
Speaker 1: How can you prove somebody wasn't intentionally inaccurate?
Speaker 2: That is a thought. It's just me.
Speaker 1: I know, you know what you're talking about in politics, I know what I'm talking about in sports.
Speaker 2: I just thought that as.
Speaker 1: Too common sense people we could relate to one another feeling frustrated on either side, see you all the way laughed.
Speaker 2: In my opinion, I'm center. I see bullshit on both sides. I know you do too better than me.
Speaker 1: The difference is you care a lot more about one side. I don't give a shit about either. I just want as close to the truth as I can get to elevate my level of understanding. I am sorry Roland Martin if that was such a bad thing that would get you so riled up that not only did you have to come at me, you had.
Speaker 2: To throw on the cowboy had to do it. But I liked seeing it on you, broh. It looked good on you your panel.
Speaker 1: It is what it is. That's all I got to say about that. I hope I provided some clarity. I was just frustrated at the right having something in their mind to point to the left about again and the left seemingly slipping up and providing their ammunition because of the timing of the report coming out and whatever potential role they may or may not have played. I just thought it added fadder to a side that is already kicking the lefts behind right now, That's all I wasn't trying to be specific.
Speaker 2: I was just expressing frustration.
Speaker 1: As a conscientious observer, not the next word, like you, bro, I know my lane coming up.
Speaker 2: Heisman Trophy winning Travis.
Speaker 1: Hunter and his girlfriend are making headlines defending their relationship to the public.
Speaker 2: On social media.
Speaker 1: I got a few thoughts on that, but first, someone wants to get at me about my take that people celebrating the murder of the United Healthcare CEO is despicable. The one that only Torrey joins the show that snackt right here on the Stephen A.
Speaker 2: Smith's Show, don't go away.
Speaker 1: Okay, everybody, you know what time it is. It's time for Steven A Sports Picks.
Speaker 2: Do you all know how much I love this time of year?
Speaker 1: Not only is it the holiday season, but every time I turn around, there's a game happening professional football, college football, and NBA action.
Speaker 2: It doesn't stop. And with all those games.
Speaker 1: Going on, we want you to cash in on a big time action and that's why I've teamed up with Prize Picks, the largest fantasy sports platform in all the land with over three million members.
Speaker 2: With Prize Picks, you simply choose two to three.
Speaker 1: Or even up to six of your favorite players and then choose more or less or their project the stats for the game on contest. And now with the Prizepects Live Squares option, you can even place mid game picks on full game projections. That's right, you can now pick up players game projection after their game has started. Just look for a red light indicator on the.
Speaker 2: Squares in the app during a live game.
Speaker 1: And if you sign up now with Code Says, Prize Picks will give you fifty dollars instantly when you play your first five dollar lineup. You don't need to win your line up to receive a fifty dollars bonus. You know it's guaranteed. All you have to do is play a five dollars lineup of prospects and you'll get fifty dollars instantly.
Speaker 2: Now, let's see my winning picks today.
Speaker 1: I'll be making picks for this Thursday's NFL game with the Denver Broncos facing the Los Angeles Chargers. First up, charges quarterback Justin Herbert going up against the Broncos defense. More or less than two hundred and thirty one and a half passing yards easily, I'm going with more.
Speaker 2: This is Justin Herbert.
Speaker 1: Now, they stunk up the joint last week, okay, got the ass kicked.
Speaker 2: That was pretty embarrassing.
Speaker 1: I don't expect that to happen two weeks in the row to Justin Herbert. I think he's gonna throw for more than two hundred and thirty one and a half yards.
Speaker 2: We're going with more on this one, all right.
Speaker 1: Next up, Broncos signal caller bow Knicks more or less than two hundred and twenty three and a half passing yards.
Speaker 2: You see the way this kid's been playing. You see the way the Denver Broncos have been playing.
Speaker 1: You see the job that Sean Payton has done, pushing Russell Wilson out the door, having a rookie and both Knicks playing the way that he's playing.
Speaker 2: You damn right, I'm going with more.
Speaker 1: Bow Knicks could play, okay, and he's showing he can play, and obviously with Sean Payton as his coach, they're gonna go a long way eventually. I believe I like bow Knicks a lot. I'm going with more on this one. Next up, we have Broncos wide out Courtland Sutton going up against the charge of secondary more or less than sixty three and a half receiving yards because bow Knicks is gonna throw the football, obviously, that's gonna be a primary talking of him. I'm definitely going with more with Courtland said it on this question. And finally, Chargers receiver Quinton Johnston facing the Broncos defense more or less than foreign forty one and a half receiving yards. It shouldn't be too much to ask for Justin Herbert to get the ball to Quintin Johnston for more than forty one and a half yards.
Speaker 2: I'm going with more on this as well.
Speaker 1: So let's go back and review the list right here once and for all, everybody. Quinston Johnson, more, Justin Herbert, more, Courtland Sutton, mo Bo.
Speaker 2: Nicks more, more and more and more and more poor. That's what we like to do, is prospects. Why because we're looking to put more in your pocket. Welcome back to stephen A. S Fifshow.
Speaker 1: My next guest is a veteran music and pop culture journalist who hosts the popular Torrey Show.
Speaker 2: He's back to discuss the.
Speaker 1: Case of Luigi Mangioni, the alleged killer of United Healthcare CEO Brian Thompson. We're also gonna touch on Sean Diddy Combs just the second as well.
Speaker 2: You know how that involves, whether or not that involves rapper jay Z.
Speaker 1: We'll get into all of that. The one and only Tor Ray is here with me right now. What's going on, man?
Speaker 2: How are you? How's everything?
Speaker 7: I'm good?
Speaker 8: Tell him about my show Rap Latte on YouTube. We talk about hip hop every day. We keep it real Rap Latte.
Speaker 2: I mean that's right, every day, right? Is it five days week?
Speaker 8: Well, we're gonna we're ramping up to five days week, but we're we're on like four days now. But it's it's, you know, keep business doing it out here.
Speaker 2: That's right. You deserve it, You deserve it.
Speaker 1: But but that's not what you're here to talk about today. Because I'm here thinking there's a lot of things you could have talked to me about. I couldn't believe when my staff reached out to me and said Tore wants to come back on the show, because I had the audacity, to unmitigated goal to call this good. Luigi Mangioni, I said, if that is him, he is guilty of cold blooded murder, shooting Brian Thompson, the former CEO of United Healthcare, I mean shooting him in the back, murdering him. This is not somebody that should be celebrated. And I'm hearing for that reason, Torrey wanted to come on the show.
Speaker 2: And talk to me about it. What could their possibility I talk about?
Speaker 8: I felt like you were kind of scolding us the masses for seeing value in Luigi and what he did. I felt like, not only you, but there was a lot of high level media people, Chris Cuomo, actually Banfield, Sarah Haynes in the view.
Speaker 7: I could go on and on, Gail.
Speaker 8: King, who were scolding us, saying we should not root for this person, we should not respect this person.
Speaker 7: He's, like you already, thin, old blooded murderer.
Speaker 2: He's a cold blood is he not.
Speaker 8: I think that that is accurate, But I also think that we have to We cannot have a conversation about Luigi without talking about what Brian Thompson and United health Hair kept doing and the murder's pluralle that they have been responsible for for many, many years.
Speaker 7: And I'm not even talk about the uninsured.
Speaker 8: I'm talking about the insured who they turn their back on, they betray and I also deny claims from a third of their of their claims.
Speaker 7: Right, So you're talking about.
Speaker 8: People who are getting who need life saving help, and United health Care is not there for them, saying like, well, you know that person has cancer. We don't give them help, They're gonna die and then we won't have to pay their bills. This is a large part of how they make their money. So we cannot have any conversation about Luigi unless we're also talking about the thousands and thousands of deaths that Brian and United Healthcare are on the hook for. So now, from that perspective, things are a lot different. Right, It's not just one person committed cold blooded murder, which he did. He laid, he laid in wait for him, he decided to kill. And be clear, I mean it's a political murder, right, He's trying to make a political statement about this company harmful.
Speaker 7: Come on to our American.
Speaker 2: Got to be Are you gonna really say that? Listen? Listen. First of all, let me say this. I saw D. L.
Speaker 1: Hughley on social media talking about this, and I took it and I reposted it because I wanted everybody to see what he had to say.
Speaker 2: Under no circumstances.
Speaker 1: Am I absolving any healthcare CEO who has engaged.
Speaker 2: In such practices?
Speaker 1: Of they all have, which they That's that's where I was going with this. They all have because we live in a capitalistic society and people trying to get as much money as they can, so they're trying to get as much as your money and give you the least in return. We lament that with every practically every business right now. I think that's I don't think anybody. I don't think anybody.
Speaker 7: Would a different.
Speaker 8: But it's different when Coca Cola is watering down the Coca Cola a little bit to give you ninety five percent Coca Cola instead of one hundred, versus a healthcare company say we're going to deny your claims so that we can make more money.
Speaker 2: I talked, I totally, but listen to what I'm saying. I get that.
Speaker 1: But my point to you is this, this was some middle class dude or or well to do who wasn't from who wasn't some impoveraged dude, some member of a disadvantized community.
Speaker 9: Matter.
Speaker 1: Here, My point here my point, and then I'll give you an opportunity to respond. My point is he wasn't that dude. So when he's speaking to such things, we don't know how much.
Speaker 2: How close he is to a situation like this. How does this hit him home.
Speaker 1: I'm saying there are some people out there who just want to murder and find any excuse that they could get away with Torrey to do it.
Speaker 2: That's the point that.
Speaker 8: A mad do you do you do you think that white people had no place during slavery to be abolitionists even though they were not slaves?
Speaker 7: Of course not.
Speaker 8: Do you think that men don't have a place to argue for women to have the right to choose what they do with their bodies.
Speaker 7: Of course you.
Speaker 8: Don't have to be you don't have to be specifically within the group to fight for the political rights of that.
Speaker 7: I'm not saying that to say that, I'm saying.
Speaker 8: You Uiji came from money, so he can't have no We have no idea what he went through. His back surgery and his back issues were clearly a very deep part of his identity. He had a photograph of his X ray of his back on his Instagram page. Right right, that's one of his bio photographs. So that is clearly a huge part of his identity and how he sees himself. He went through an insane personal situation that we don't even know the depths of with his back and his back surgery and clearly dealing with insurance companies as part of this. This is a class warfare issue, but it's not the rich against the poor. It's the people against the corporations that damage our lives.
Speaker 7: And even though even though.
Speaker 8: He has money, he still is dealing with a situation from the healthcare people that he's so enraged that he does something. Most of us look at that and say, I wouldn't have done it, but I understand, and that's the core of the issue. He is but a player in this. When you see the country respond and supportively to what he did, what we have to say is not you shouldn't feel that way.
Speaker 7: But why does everyone agree with what he did?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 7: Time out?
Speaker 2: Time out?
Speaker 1: First of all, forty one percent, ain't everybody that's number one?
Speaker 2: Number two?
Speaker 8: No, that's forty one. Now, that's forty one percent of under thirty thirty. Okay, that's forty one percent.
Speaker 1: You're right, forty one tremendous agreement totally set total seventeen percent forty one percent under the age of thirty thirty to thirty nine.
Speaker 2: Yeard that wipply for twenty not seventeen.
Speaker 7: It's not seventeen. I'll tell you that right now. In the real world, it's not seventeen percent.
Speaker 1: Well, that's what they put out there. That's what they put out there. But I got it. Just for the purposes of this discussion, we'll go with that for the moment. All I'm trying to say to you is this, I don't disagree with your preverments.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm for.
Speaker 1: That, But in the same breath, what I'm saying is, considering the time, in the visit of times that we live in, you don't think it's dangerous for people to be out there applauding somebody being murdered. Now, I understand that you're saying that they're not necessarily applauding. That is the system taking advantage of the little guy, your health insurance agency, your corporate America, and you're abusing the American citizen.
Speaker 2: I got that part. Shit, I'm one of them. My point to you.
Speaker 1: Is this, I still can't sit up there when I see a man get shot in the back, gunned down and gunned down in the streets, shot in the back, murdered, wife's a widower, children, no longer a father.
Speaker 2: And think that that's a course for celebration.
Speaker 1: I'm saying, is there not something to be concerned about that in our society?
Speaker 8: I think that you are not yet understanding the moral stakes that were actually seeing. Let's say you saw somebody murder a serial killer. Would you say, oh my god, he was a son and a father. No, no, you'd say, thank god, somebody took.
Speaker 7: Him off the earth.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 8: There is no serial killer that you could name who is responsible for more deaths than United Healthcare. So now Luigi took it on himself to bring pain to the head of United Healthcare because he saw them as serial killers. And if you see them as legalized serial killers they are allowed to betray their customers to make a buck, well, then the moral stakes are completely different. He didn't just murder a person walking down the street. He murdered the tip of the spear to send a message to the entire industry.
Speaker 2: And so you're okay with that.
Speaker 1: What if the mindset is that's just the first one. What about the people that had, you know, posts out there with the faces and names of other healthcare CEOs and they had Brian Thompson's face on there with an X over it, like one down and these others to go?
Speaker 2: Is that okay?
Speaker 8: What's not okay is for the conversation to become about the rage that we have towards CEOs as if that is the central part of the conversation. The central part of the conversation is how the healthcare industry is allowed to betray its customers and allow them to die and be in pain and be sick so that they can make a buck. We need far greater regulation on the health health care system. That is the core issue in this conversation, and if we miss that, then we miss an opportunity to make change in an incredibly important industry in our country.
Speaker 1: Well, first of all, let me say this, I completely agree with you. That's an issue that we shouldn't miss.
Speaker 2: I'm not arguing with that.
Speaker 1: I'm just talking about the danger that exists from the other side. Because listen, healthcare is one issue.
Speaker 2: There's plenty of.
Speaker 1: Things that we can look at in the system that exists within the United States, where regulations need to be altered to some degree, things need to be addressed. The system continuously takes advantage of the American citizen, et cetera, et cetera. There's an abundance of things that we can look at. But I answer to it, if it's going to be violence, and that's okay, what kind of society is Let's say that. Does it say that we have waiting down the pipe for us?
Speaker 8: What we're not saying that we live in a civilized or a peaceful American society?
Speaker 7: Right? We are a wash and guns and violence.
Speaker 8: We just add a female school shooter like we're breaking new grounds. We have DEI and school shooting now, like we have school shooters that are constant.
Speaker 7: We have all kinds of violence.
Speaker 8: Don't get me even started on state sponsored violence, the police and the military and the sort of things that we're allowed. I mean, we are constantly dealing with things in a violent way. So we are not a peaceful or civilized society by any stretch. Obviously, I do not think that everybody should handle their disagreement with the healthcare industry in this way. But this conversation cannot evolve into that young man should not have killed somebody. Obviously he should not have killed somebody. But even more important, the healthcare industry must be rained in and the way that it is allowed to behave legally in a completely immoral way.
Speaker 7: That is the core of this conversation.
Speaker 2: Completely immoral way.
Speaker 1: So, in other words, in the society that we're living in right now, when you're trying to listen, I agree with you, and the way you broke it down, I agree with you.
Speaker 2: There's no disagreement here.
Speaker 1: I'm just making the argument that could be an issue.
Speaker 2: No matter where you turn to.
Speaker 1: You're isolating the issue of health care, because obviously that's.
Speaker 2: A very profound thing. One's health.
Speaker 1: Obviously, your livelihood, your quality of life, et cetera, et cetera. It's all affected by your health. I don't give a damn how much money you have. If your health ain't good, you ain't good. You can't enjoy the fruits of your labor. I understand that part. But other people with that mindset it might translate to anything far removed from health care. Just because they feel like they're getting taken advantage of by the system, that may be a cause for them to engage in such heinous acts, and we can't ignore that either.
Speaker 8: Don't focus in this conversation. Don't just focus on Luigi did X. Oh my god, what does that mean to society? Okay, there is a reason why he engaged in that, And when you see millions of people across the country celebrating somebody for bringing pain like that to the healthcare industry, you have to say, why is it that so many people agree with his action and are cheering on his action. That's where I am, That's what That's what I am motivated by. Why are people feeling that way? Rather than telling them they shouldn't feel that way. I think media has a responsibility to report the truth and to speak truth to power. And when we are reporting the truth, we have to say, why are all these people so happy that this happened. We cannot say you guys should not feel that way. And like when you we wag our finger at the people and say you should not feel that way, we are completely missing what is really going on.
Speaker 1: I don't think we're missing what's going on. I get your point, and I think it's valid. I just think that you're pointing people like myself. Gail King and others will pointing to the celebration or to you know, the I'm gonna say, the celebration, that kind of vibe that was out there when a person was murdered. And I think that ultimately that's the scary part, because it provides justification for such a heinous act. I get what you're saying, though you're not wrong. I'm not trying to say that you're wrong, and you are right. As media members, we do need to look into why people feel in that way. That is just as important as what happened. But I also think that we can't minimize the word celebration in terms of how it came across in the eyes of some people that were disseminating that kind of message to the masters.
Speaker 2: I'm happy it happened.
Speaker 1: I don't care that this guy was murdered. This is what United Healthcare CEO was doing. And guess what if it happens to somebody else, good That was the attitude, And I don't know if that's good for our society, bro, I just don't.
Speaker 8: I mean, there is an anti corporate mood in the country for a reason, because our country is shaped by what the wealthy and what the corporations want. There's a very low correlation between what the mass want and what d C does, and a very high correlation because what corporations want and what right, what the court?
Speaker 7: What? What? What d C does. People are angry about that.
Speaker 8: People are angry about this massive wealth gap that we have. People are completely missing the point when they say, Brian Tubson came from humble background, which he did, public school, Iowa, farmer father. But he became part of the extreme wealth class. And did he remember that he came from a working class or a lower middle class background.
Speaker 7: When he became extremely wealthy.
Speaker 8: Did he did he think about that when people had claims and couldn't pay them and he and couldn't pay for their health care and he refused their claims, did he think about that?
Speaker 7: I mean, he's not.
Speaker 8: The New York Times tried to call him a working class hero. He is a working class trader, Like we need to talk about that.
Speaker 1: I don't recall anybody calling him a working class hero. That's news to me.
Speaker 7: I missed Steve for the New York Times.
Speaker 2: I missed that one.
Speaker 7: Brett Stevens, Brett Stevens your time, all.
Speaker 1: Right, that's one individual of the New York Times. Everybody's got their opinion. I get that part, Torrey.
Speaker 2: I appreciate it. Man, I can't listen. I can't argue your point.
Speaker 1: You're absolutely right, especially me being in the media along with the rest of us. You are absolutely right that there should be a spotlight placed on the dissent that people feel, to discuss that people feel as to why this stuff happened, getting to the biggest issue about really really being against corporate America and what it's done to the American citizens, particularly with the new administration coming in the office of what people are anticipating may happen for those, you know, for the wealthy amongst us.
Speaker 2: You're absolutely right, there's no doubt about that. So I can't knock it.
Speaker 1: I was just saying, look, you're out in the streets. You know a dude got murdered. Now, that ain't a reason to celebrate. That's all I was trying to say. But I got your point. I got your point. And I've been in a situation as you have where most of our life we find a situation where corporate America hasn't been there for us at all. We didn't go out and shoot anybody that's all I'm saying.
Speaker 2: That's all I'm saying. I get your point. You're not wrong, You're not wrong.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, we don't go out there and shoot somebody in the back and gun them down.
Speaker 2: That's not I.
Speaker 8: Don't you know, I don't know. I don't know where you got in the back. I haven't seen the full footage. I don't think it was in the back.
Speaker 7: I don't know why. I don't know why we keep going back to the well. I guess I guess that where he was when he got shot.
Speaker 1: I'm I'm I'm only assuming that because I saw him point in the gun and then while a guy was walking and his back was turned, and I saw a report that said.
Speaker 7: No, I don't, but I don't. I don't. I don't think that that batters.
Speaker 8: As far as the relationship to the healthcare industry and the way that all these people feel, I've never seen in my life such a stark divide between the way the media class is discussing something and the way the people feel. And we saw such a stark divide that I felt I had to speak about it on social media, And you know, with folks like you to be like you know, y'all. Y'all, y'all need to understand because when it was Maga, when Maga rose up, media said we need to understand who these people are, right, we also wagged our finger at them, but we went to their coffee shops to try to figure out who they are. And right now, as millions of people are cheering Luigi on, we need to go into their coffee shops and figure out who they are, why they feel that way.
Speaker 1: So let the audience know where you're gonna be talking about this further, because I know you ain't gonna get off this subject.
Speaker 7: I mean, you know you can catch me on rapt on YouTube. I'm on my TikTok toret show.
Speaker 8: We're gonna talk about on my podcast to Ray show, and you know I'll be back here with Steven A.
Speaker 7: Smith next week.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you, man, Thanks a lot, Bro, thanks a lot, so much, Thanks brother.
Speaker 2: I appreciate the education. Thanks a lot.
Speaker 7: All right, man, thank you.
Speaker 1: Coming up Hosman Trophy win the Travis Hunter and his beance say. I'm making headlines on social media talking about their relationship.
Speaker 2: I've got some advice for them, y'all.
Speaker 1: Plus Ryan Clark responds to Aaron Rodgers, you do not want to miss that, trust me.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: That's next right here when the Steve naysmis you don't want to miss that?
Speaker 2: You don't. I need all of y'all to stop.
Speaker 1: What you're doing and listen up here at the Steven Nasmith Show. And then everything I do, I'm in it to win it. Everyone likes to win.
Speaker 2: That's why I shows the side of the team up.
Speaker 1: With Prize Picks, America's number one fantasy sports app with over three million members telp you turn all your sports knowledge into some.
Speaker 2: Big time cash. You see.
Speaker 1: Prize Picks is a daily fantasy app where you choose just between two and six players from any of the sports you love to watch, and then pick more or less of the projected stats for the game. Pick Josh Allen's passing yards, Jayalen Brown's total rebounds, and brought favorite shots on goal, all.
Speaker 2: In the same entry.
Speaker 1: And because it is December, that means it's now picks mus at Prize Picks, So be on the lookout all month for free picks, discounts, and free lineups. In addition to the other great Prize Pets promotions like the Prize Picks Flex Friday promotion where you can opt in for a protected play that's right every Friday on Prime. Find a protect the Play option where you win or your cash back.
Speaker 2: And that's not all.
Speaker 1: Sign up with Code Says and Prospects will give you fifty dollars instantly when you play your first five dollar lineup.
Speaker 2: You don't need to win your lineup to receive the fifty dollars bonus. It's guaranteed.
Speaker 1: All you have to do is play a five dollar lineup on Prizepects and we'll get you fifty dollars instantly.
Speaker 2: Prize Picks, pick Ball, pick Less. It's really really that easy. Welcome back to the stephen A. Smith Show.
Speaker 1: I gotta get into something that's hitting a little close to home because there seems to be something percolating between one of my colleagues at ESPN one and only, Ryan Clark, or see my brother from the Pivot podcast. Obviously an extraordinary NFL analyst for ESPN, a contributor to First Take, Get Up and other shows on ESPN like NFL Live, Monday Night Football, Monday Night NFL.
Speaker 2: Countdown, et cetera.
Speaker 1: This is who Ryan Clark is He's an incredible asset to the ESPN family. He's a personal friend of mine, brother got love for him, and he was on First Take last week really going at Aaron Rodgers, even called them a fraud and just clapped at him big time for some of the things that he has said and done, particularly in his less than illustrious time with the New York Jets. Even though over the last couple of weeks so Aaron Rodgers been balling, throwing for six hundred and twenty eight yards for touchdowns, no picks at all over the last couple of games. Nevertheless, when he spoke and said what he said, Aaron Rodgers, who's a weekly guest on Pat McAfee's show on ESPN.
Speaker 2: Had this to say about Ryan Clark.
Speaker 1: Quote, say whatever the expletive you want about me, I don't care, but just before you do it, whether you state your name, your alcolades, pronouns, whatever it is, just state your VAX's status so that anything you say afterwards gets you put in the right light.
Speaker 2: Just get it out there. That was Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 1: If you know anything about my man, Ryan Clark, he ain't gonna take stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Sit down.
Speaker 1: That's just not how he rolls to anybody, especially. I mean, he's a proud black man, So you're a white dude coming at him, he gonna he's gonna raise his antennas even more. I'm just telling you who I know. I'm not saying he said anything like that. I just know him, okay, and that we've known each other for years. So needless to say, I was I was anticipating when I saw that quote from Aaron Rodgers that Ryan Clark would have a response.
Speaker 2: I didn't know it was gonna be a four minute.
Speaker 1: One on on X, but Ryan Clark that's what he does when he has something to say. So I decided to peel about two minutes from it to if for y'all to see yourself.
Speaker 2: He is Ryan Clark responding to Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 10: My name is Ryan Clark. Played thirteen years in the NFL, been to two Super Bowls. I have as many rings as you do. I was the captain of two separate football teams. I'm also an Emmy winner. I'm also the co host, owner and partner of an Emmy nominated podcast called The Pivot. Now I know something else you were very interested in was my vaccination status, and yes I'm vaxxed because I have no spleen, I have no gallbladder, because of playing in Denver and being willing to go back, honestly and play again, because I've been in those locker rooms, and I've talked to people that have been in the locker rooms with you.
Speaker 2: I have the stories, I have all the.
Speaker 10: Things that they said that informed my opinion of who you are and as far as your vaccination status, So you can stop trying to trick people into thinking that we want to talk about that above the stink of your film. I've never heard it one more time after your incident. And the only reason we spoke about it then was because based on your vaccination status, it was going to determine how long you were out. And also, people didn't care that you weren't vaccinated. They cared that you were slimy about it. They cared that you were deceitful about it, and they cared that you had this air of arrogance when answering the questions about it. And you've kind of only been the only person that's talked about it since. But let me be very very clear, my job is to analyze you. You've decided to analyze me, and in analyzing you, what I know is your QBRS twenty First, also know that you're the quarterback of a four and ten team who has to win the last three games of the season to even be equal to what.
Speaker 2: Last year team was without you. Now, I get it.
Speaker 10: You get on the show and you talk about my broch and you curse and all this tough talk.
Speaker 2: I just need you to know.
Speaker 10: So none of that scared me. I'm gonna do my job the way I'm supposed to do it. I feel no way about not being able to talk about what the film says because of what my career was. And if you continue to be arrogant or smug or hypocritical and it pertains to my job, I'm gonna do it. And I want to remind you again, I'm Ryan Clark, thirteen years, Emmy winner, host of an Emmy nominated podcast, and speaking of that jealousy and guest stuff The Rock, Kevin Hart, Mike Tomlin, Davante Adams, Joe Burrow, Shaq just to name a few. No money, just relationships, conversations and respect. So what I tried to give you and We'll keep it that way as long as you want it like that. Appreciate you.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Riveting words by my brother, Ryan Clark. I will doubt that by one second. A couple of things appeal from all of this.
Speaker 2: Number one.
Speaker 1: In the past, on many occasions, I've been accused of having a man.
Speaker 2: Crush on Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 1: I believe it's a talent at his best in his prime in Roote four l.
Speaker 2: A MVP Honors.
Speaker 1: It's one of the greatest quarterbacks we've ever seen in our lives.
Speaker 2: He's still that way.
Speaker 1: I think Aaron Rodgers up until Pat I'm sorry Pat McPhee Patrick Mahomes came along. I think that Aaron Rodgers, up until Patrick Mahomes came along, was the greatest talent at the quarterback position I'd ever seen with my two eyes.
Speaker 2: So there's nothing I think to.
Speaker 1: Debate about the greatness of Amon Rodgers and the fact that he's destined for the Hall of Fame, because when you have his resume, it is what it is. But Ryan Clark, his words cannot be diluted or minimized because what he pointed out was accurate. Amaron Rodgers QBRS twenty one the New York Jets are four in ten up until four a couple of weeks ago. Aaron Rodgers looks horrid as a quarterback for the New York Jets. It's been years since he's thrown for over three hundred yards in the game, and the precipitous.
Speaker 2: Drop off has been alarming over the last.
Speaker 1: Two weeks six hundred and twenty eight passing yards, four touchdowns, no picks. Over the last seven games thirteen touchdowns just won an exception of passer rating of one hundred point four.
Speaker 2: Very impressive.
Speaker 1: But the reality is that Aaron Rodgers looked as like a shell of himself, and one has no doubt that that must hurt him to hear from anybody and what I like about this conversation? And I say, like, because I'm fascinated by it. See, this isn't Aaron Rodgers clapping at a reporter. This is Aaron Rodgers going at a former contemporary, a member of the club, a member to click you member, you're a National Football League player, you're a Super Bowl champion, you apply, you qualify. So Aaron Rodgers can'd come at Ryan Clark the way he would come at say somebody like me who's never played football, or a pluthoro of other pundits and commentators out there who have never played the game or any professional sport for that matter.
Speaker 2: That is not Ryan Clark. That is not Ryan Clark. And so when you.
Speaker 1: Tried to come at him that way, that was mistake number one. Mistake number two. You brought up the vac status because evidently Aaron Rodgers feels that anybody who took the vaccine, their opinions are the be dismissed because there's so much that we've learned about the whole COVID vaccine and everything that transpired during that time that conspiracy theorists at the time that Amon Rodgers to Kyrie Irvings and others ended up looking a lot better later on, and in fairness, a lot better than the rest of us, myself included.
Speaker 2: Here's the flip side. Ryan Clark pointed out, it.
Speaker 1: Wasn't that you took the vaccine or that you didn't take the vaccine.
Speaker 2: Is that he used the word slimy. I'm saying you were lying. You said you were immunized.
Speaker 1: You gave the impression that you were vaccinated, and you didn't man up in state No I didn't take the vaccine. And guess what, as an NFL player, Amon Rodgers didn't have to take the vaccine, you would have still been allowed to play. So there was no reason to give the impression that you were vaccinated when in fact you weren't. You being seen as a stand up guy that called it like you saw it and was honest and forthcoming.
Speaker 2: Then it come.
Speaker 1: Across like that when it came to the whole vaccination issue. That's what Ryan Clark was pointing to, and he's right about that. When it gets to the credentials of Ryan Clarke, let me say this, Ryan Clark is a contributor to First Tape. Ryan Clark is one of the most brilliant football analysts we have in the business today. His ethics, his professionalism, his core nucleus of his soul.
Speaker 2: Is not to be questioned.
Speaker 1: Now me, those broaches that he's got on his blaze is the big ARC.
Speaker 2: I don't think you need that bro Everybody know who you are.
Speaker 1: See when you large RC, you don't need the RC. Yes, we know who the hell you are. That's just my personal opinion, but that's his style. He doesn't believe he's better addressed than me. I disagree, but that's a different subject for another day. In all seriousness, the point is the brother has high integrity, high integrity, he's very principled and he ain't backing up from anybody. And so when Aaron Rodgers wants to come at him, you can't come at him for his credentials as a football player other than he wasn't you. You can't come at him fitstal integrity or professionalism as somebody in the media, because he's pointed out the great work that he's been doing, and he's right on.
Speaker 2: Off fronts.
Speaker 1: When he talks about what he hears in those locker rooms, Well, y'all are the ones that tell the media we don't know.
Speaker 2: Y'all are the ones that know, Well, he's one of the y'all's.
Speaker 1: Which means that people in locker rooms have told them those things that he ultimately has disseminated and conveyed about you, Aaron Rodgers, and.
Speaker 2: That is inescapable.
Speaker 1: And the last part about his relationships, that was not a shot at Pat McAfee, nor should it be. Plenty of shows have had and will have guests that they pay.
Speaker 2: Pat McAfee has done it.
Speaker 1: I'm sure something I'll do in the future for people I paid guests before. You understand, not that I'm talking about anybody that would.
Speaker 2: Come on weekly or whatever.
Speaker 1: Sure I would, okay, along with many, many, many others who would do that. There are paid appearances in our business all the time. That was not a shot at Pat McAfee. It was a shot at Aaron Rodgers. It was Ryan Clark saying, you got to be paid to go on with your boy. Other people didn't charge me. That's not talking about Pat McFee. That's talking about Aaron Rodgers. So I think it's something that needed to be said. In the end, it comes back to what I've said about Aaron Rodgers many times. My man, ball and win, because the reality is you haven't won as great as you are. You ever won a Super bos in twenty ten. You haven't been to the Super Bowls since twenty ten, and now your career is going in the wrong direction based on wins and losses. They want you doll it back, roll it back to next year with you and Devonte Adams.
Speaker 2: Here all next season and beyond. Do something about it.
Speaker 1: Bro, show us what you got left going after Ryan Clark that ain't gonna do much for you. That ain't gonna do much for you. Ryan Clark and I have gone at each other.
Speaker 2: In the past.
Speaker 1: You don't have a platform every day like I do. You don't want to go at Ryan Clark. That is not a winnable situation for you, Amon Rogers. In fact, it's almost as bad of a situation as it has been you going out on the field Sundays in the Jets uniform. You might want to think about that. Just friendly words of advice. That's all I want to say about that.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I want to get into a story I've seen percolating in the headlines and social media, and that's about Heisman Trophy winning Travis Hunter and it's fiance Leonna Leney. For some reason, these two young people feel the need to hit the social media airwaves to defend their relationship in front of the world.
Speaker 2: I really don't get this.
Speaker 1: Leanna went to TikTok when they TikTok to explain why she didn't stand when Travis was announced as the Heisman Trophy winner.
Speaker 2: Take a look at this.
Speaker 9: When his name was called, I instantly was gonna If you watch the video, you can see me like but his mom didn't get up, so I was like, oh, maybe I don't get up, Maybe I just sit here with her.
Speaker 11: So you sat there and then and then y'all said coach Pum had to tell me to get a No, heat didn't. He said go get him, go get your man like and once I stood up. But he didn't have to do that because I was gonna do that anyway. As soon as I seen Travis get up, then I thought it was appropriate to stand up, greet him, congratulate him. But then there was a camera right in front of Coach Prime, and I knew they were gonna film that moment. And because of how people are online, I was like, I don't want to be in that shot, so I'm gonna sit down. So I try to sit down so I'm not in the camera while I'm crying. People are gonna go, oh, why she's why is she crying? Like you know, stuff like that, And so I got out of the camera purposefully so they can have their moment. That's all it was. No one told me to stand up, No one had to tell me to celebrate with him. I was just sitting there crying. I wanted to take it in myself.
Speaker 9: Too.
Speaker 11: I was super excited for him, but I wanted the moment to be about him and his family.
Speaker 2: What are you doing, Leanna? What are you doing? Well? I go any further on this subject, let me fully explain.
Speaker 1: She also went on to explain our actions following Colorado's last home game, where fans wondered why she didn't seem to give him a hug, and then she explained the fans why she didn't respond to Travis when he first tried to holler via a DM.
Speaker 2: As for Travis, he also.
Speaker 1: Went to social media on Monday to defend his fiance, adding.
Speaker 2: More fuel to this fire.
Speaker 1: Hunter, who swept all of the major college football awards, including the Heisman, appeared on the streaming platform Twitch that same day as Leanna. He told fans she's been crying herself to sleep over comments made by internet users.
Speaker 2: What are y'all doing?
Speaker 1: First of all, Leanna, you are his lady, You are his fiance, You are about to be his wife. Why are you explaining to the world, Why how much you care about him?
Speaker 2: Does he know that's all that matters?
Speaker 1: You are on camera, your voice cracking, tears feeling like seeming like they're on the verge of streaming down your face completely upset over these assertions pervaded all over social media. You think that's gonna shut people up. All it's going to do is invite them to talk about you more. Why because you find.
Speaker 2: People soft squat and soft spot and you squeeze.
Speaker 1: That's the cruel world we're living in. You gotta be stronger than that. You gotta have alligator skin. You're a young lady, a beautiful young lady who one with surmise, completely loves some men and is looking forward to spending the rest of your life with them. Congratulations. But it's about him, not about what other people think about you.
Speaker 2: With him.
Speaker 1: You got to learn that when you invite people in your relationships, you' ultimately gonna invite them into your marriage. You really really want that, you don't want that. That's number one. The big issue I have is with Travis Hunter.
Speaker 2: She's crying herself to sleep.
Speaker 1: What in God's name would make you think that that's a good thing to tell the world.
Speaker 2: Why would you do that?
Speaker 1: You think they're gonna feel sorry for you, think they're gonna have compassion. You don't see these trolls out here, bruh, you are an All world player and they gonna.
Speaker 2: Find something to criticize you about. Just wait for it. It's coming. If it hasn't already, give it time.
Speaker 1: I tell you a few minutes. The people talking about how she looks. I think she looks beautiful. I'm sure you do too. I'm quite sure there's other people that say in otherwise. They don't mean it.
Speaker 2: It's to get at you.
Speaker 1: You could do better. Why you got to be with her? Why can't you be with somebody else?
Speaker 2: Blah blah blah. They gonna do all of that. What you're doing, what are you doing?
Speaker 1: Don't give in it that you're about to go into the National Football League.
Speaker 2: That's what you're about to do. You're about to get paid.
Speaker 1: In my eyes, this would be your most selfish time. You need to think about the people that you're involving in your life, how close net they are. Do they keep things internal? They gonna go on social media and express themselves.
Speaker 2: You don't need that. You ain't got time for that nonsense.
Speaker 1: Try and get your paper, Try to build your career. Try to be in the National Football League.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 2: You don't need to be coming home after a hard day's work. There's a National.
Speaker 1: Football League player worried about what somebody got to say about you or your girl, your fiance.
Speaker 2: You can't respond to that. You just want the Heisman and you on X talking about.
Speaker 1: How or or twitch or or whatever hell else you were on talking about how she had to cry herself to sleep.
Speaker 2: What in this world has told you? People are gonna say.
Speaker 1: Oh, we're so cruel, we shouldn't have done that to her.
Speaker 2: We're sorry. They ain't gonna do that. They ain't gonna do that.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of good, decent people in this world, Travis, But the ones who are the loudest, the ones who are the most conspicuous, who illuminate the most dang't shit.
Speaker 2: They wait for you to fall, Bruh. They don't give a damn about you.
Speaker 1: And in their eyes, your girl is your weak spot because she showed her vulnerabilities.
Speaker 2: Don't do it. Take it from your.
Speaker 1: Boy, stephen Na, cause you know I'm rooting for you. First of all, I think she's beautiful. I think y'all a beautiful couple. I wish you nothing but the best. Secondly, you got prime talk to your coach. That brother knows. They came after him too, and look at how he shined.
Speaker 2: Follow his lead.
Speaker 1: Last, but not least, let me tell you something, bro, Listen to Cat Williams.
Speaker 2: You got fifty haters, mad MANA shou to be happy.
Speaker 1: You don't have a hundred two hundred five hundred alligator skin.
Speaker 2: Brah, develop more of it.
Speaker 1: Let it roll right off your chest because in most instances, people in this world are wishing they were you.
Speaker 2: You don't have to do what you did.
Speaker 1: She don't have to do what she did being on social media, holding back tears, voice cracking and all of that. No, that showed the world they could get to you.
Speaker 2: You don't do that. You don't do that.
Speaker 1: Now, let's get to some tweets before I get on out of here for the day, because I want to see what kind of tweets y'all gonna send my way, right, because I know y'all like to do that with me, so I'm happy to help all right. At EBSC ninety three, Edwin Bach writes who would win in a game of one on one? Prime T Mac or Prime k D. Give me reasons KD easy? T Mac was a monster. T Mac is my brother. That brother was special, special talent. He never had a pure offensive game like Kevin Durant. Kevin Durant from three from the mid range.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, easy money. You know what I'm saying. I mean he's money sniper. This is who this brother is.
Speaker 1: T Matt could give you twenty eight to thirty a night anytime he wanted to, and he could make jump shots and three's, but he wasn't a natural shooter. The brother could shoot, but he wasn't a natural bona fide marksman. He can get to the hole of a dunkin on your face, he could sit up there and finish at the basket. He could do these things, but he wasn't the offensive juggernaut that Kevin Durant is. This smooth operator. No, you easily. I mean, this is an easy.
Speaker 2: Choice right here. KD all day, every day, no question about it. Let's go to the next tweet.
Speaker 1: Please let me get it at Zillow Gone Wild Rights.
Speaker 2: Where'd you live here? Stephen Ay? Now? Look at this.
Speaker 1: This Colorado home embodies the spirit of we aren't here for a long time, just a good time. Only one point six million in Grand Junction, Colorado. It looks pretty fly. Would I live here, Well, what's the problem with this? I mean, hold on, Hell no, I didn't see all of this around it. Hell with all of this, don't show me the inside of that The inside of that house looks nice, but it's a hot.
Speaker 2: Tub with a stripper pole. I got that part all right. I don't need a strip of poles.
Speaker 1: See, I once had the experience I have to confess to y'all as many years ago.
Speaker 2: Long timber go, long time, long, long, long, long time ago.
Speaker 1: Burnie math voice. I was at a strip club and this stripper was on a pole. And what happened was she tried to hang upside down and fell all the way down, bust her ass. Blood was all over the place. They had to shut the club down and get it to the hospital. She ended up being fine, but it was very embarrassing and very very painful. That's one of the last times I was ever at the strip club. I ain't gonna tell you where, but it happened many years ago, many many years ago.
Speaker 2: Okay, so I don't want to eat the strip a pole. You got the hot tub.
Speaker 1: But here's the issue. Look at the outsides here, look at this, here, look at this, here, look at this here. What the hell is this neighborhood matters? Neighborhood matters talk about lowering the value of one's home, that would be that. Okay, no, I'm not living there for the inside reasons with the strip pole and the outside reasons with the neighborhood.
Speaker 2: You understand. All I got to say about that neighborhood.
Speaker 1: Is I hope you can reckon them ride and I'll leave it at that. Next up, what you got at Nate BG twenty two Underscore Rights. Who wins if they were in Super Smash Brothers? A chill guy, A family guy, Bill Nyder, science guy Super Smash Brothers. I'm gonna lean on the word smash and go with the biggest figure, the family God.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm gonna do.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna look at the biggest figure here, I'm gonna associate it with the word smash and that's what I'm gonna go with the family God. But no, the other damn reason other than that.
Speaker 2: I don't think I need another reason other than that. That's just me.
Speaker 1: I gotta get on out of here. I hope you all enjoyed the show. Be at you next time. All right, that's hip for this edition.
Speaker 2: Of the step and a Smith, so I'm signing off peace and love everybody. We'll talk