Speaker 1: All right here it is a brand new episode for you. Thank you so much for being on our second Date podcast. We love that you're here. We're glad you found us. It's in the morning, especially the official site you know, yeah, totally instead of the you know other stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and a lot of you find those first, but then you make your way to us, and for that we love you.
Speaker 1: Yes, thank you for finishing my thought. Yeah, it's almost completely electus. All right, before we get to the new Awkward Tuesday, what is a comment that you want to read?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Charlie's test us said, I'm traveling solo around Europe for three months and have been listening to your podcast in every country I visit. I now associate your episodes with places I've been.
Speaker 1: That's so cool. He's like, oh, I remember the Leading Tower of Pisa. That's when, yeah, Jacqueline broke up with Bobby.
Speaker 3: What's the coolest place you've ever laughed at us?
Speaker 4: I like that.
Speaker 5: That's cool.
Speaker 1: Well, I have a good, safe trip and we're all slightly jealous. Yeah, let us know.
Speaker 4: Where today is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and give us some hot travel tips. We're always about that. All right, let's get your brand new Awkward Tuesday.
Speaker 3: Right now, alexis, what's the most romantic thing a guy has ever done for you?
Speaker 4: Like a rose petal path, like a hot tub? Probably?
Speaker 3: Whoa, Yeah, that was your reaction. You broke it off, not immediately.
Speaker 1: Accept it and remix to a song.
Speaker 4: Hey they're Delilah, but hey they're Alexis.
Speaker 1: That one bad? Yeah?
Speaker 3: You didn't like any of it?
Speaker 1: No, same guy, dude.
Speaker 3: Apparently you and our listener on the phone today are very very similar because when her boyfriend of four months told her the gesture that he'd been planning, her immediate response was to try and stop him from doing it at all costs. And that's where we come in. Can we help convince this romeo to tone it down without fully crushing his romantic spirit. We're gonna try on your brand new awkward Tuesday phone call next.
Speaker 1: It's awkward, It's Tuesday.
Speaker 3: It's awkward Tuesday phone call. Some people in relationships enjoy grand romantic gestures like surprise getaways, sending dozens of roses, creating a life sized wax sculpture of your girlfriend, then lighting it on fire because it's actually a giant scented candle. Just you and her and your house full of cranberry cinnamons.
Speaker 1: That's better than burning hair.
Speaker 3: But you know what, stop the music real quick, because not everybody wants that stuff. Like our listener Lindsay, who's asking for our help today to tell her boyfriend chill out with the romance. Lindsay, why do you insist on pushing love away?
Speaker 5: Hi?
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's like, I don't know how to respond to that.
Speaker 6: Nice to start a convo.
Speaker 1: That's really funny, Lindsay.
Speaker 3: Hi, Lindsay, So tell us what's going on with you and your boyfriend? What's his deal?
Speaker 7: So I've been dating Andre for about four months and new relationship.
Speaker 1: I see.
Speaker 3: That's the best part too. It's exciting clearly not for her.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well, I mean, listen, he's very sweet, he's romantic, like he is a great guy. But like it's only been four months, you know, it's still very early.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay it.
Speaker 7: The other day he came up to me with this idea that he wants to get a tattoo of my name on his.
Speaker 1: Leg on his leg not so do we go back to the couple dozens of flowers? That's bad.
Speaker 6: I mean, you could be together for twenty years and still that's a sketchy ass.
Speaker 1: Why why would he want to put Lindsay on his leg?
Speaker 7: Okay, so this is also a red flag. He says he wants other women to know that they can't have him he's mine, which is, you know, nice, But.
Speaker 1: They only know if he's wearing shorts.
Speaker 3: It could be on the kneecap brook.
Speaker 1: Still, how do you see it underpants.
Speaker 3: With a hole in your jeans?
Speaker 1: I see right? Okay, so this is his way of deterring other women.
Speaker 3: Because he's obviously so desired.
Speaker 7: God, but you're going to get a kick out of this one though, because it's he wants to cover up an old tattoo of a different girlfriend's name.
Speaker 3: Well, that's good, you don't want another girlfriend's name.
Speaker 1: Wait, but the first girlfriend's name didn't deter you.
Speaker 7: I didn't know about that till a week ago.
Speaker 3: Eye contact, everything above the belts. He is smart.
Speaker 6: If you have another girl's name on your leg, you should probably not tell a woman until two three years into the relationship.
Speaker 1: How does this man not learn his mistake? Right, He's already made the mistake once and now he he wants to do it again.
Speaker 7: Essentially, right, that's exactly what I'm saying, but now he's already made an appointment, and I need to have a serious conversation with him about this.
Speaker 3: Okay, the appointment's been made. Yeah, wow, so you're not into the idea, Like what is giving you so much hesitation about it?
Speaker 7: Like specifically, Well, one, it's way too early in the relationship. It's four months, and I don't think that matters to him. I think he likes to move quickly. I think it'll make things really awkward and put way more pressure on a relationship. It already is putting pressure on the relationship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and there's like an obligation to stay together because your name's tattooed in relays.
Speaker 6: He said I love you yet No, Okay, that's good.
Speaker 3: He shouldn't have But you would think that he doesn't have to say I love you when he can write it getting tattooed, have you?
Speaker 1: So it's wild that you haven't said no, that's not a good idea to me. Why Why have you just told him that outright?
Speaker 7: I just I don't want to crush him because he is a sensitive guy and this is a big deal for him. But he's already made this mistake once before. I don't want to be another mistake.
Speaker 3: I mean, I can understand that's the tough part, because when somebody goes all out for you and puts their entire heart into something and you come at them like ew or that's weird or that's gross, like that could totally crush something.
Speaker 1: It's just a terrible decision that he's already made once and obviously regretted. So why would she let him do it again?
Speaker 3: Exactly? Those words would absolutely destroy him, said, maybe.
Speaker 1: He needs to hear that sometimes the hard truth is just what has to happen.
Speaker 4: He thinks it's for her, but she doesn't want to add all.
Speaker 6: Yes, I think he's romanticizing it in his head.
Speaker 1: It's just so hard to call it romantic when it's over the top of another woman's name.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So we haven't given our advice yet, but it sounds like from the temperature in the room, it's going to be pretty harsh.
Speaker 4: I mean, we cover it in other ways. There's tons of ways they cover a.
Speaker 3: Bad tattoos, but that's not the ro mantic way that he wants to do. How do you like deliver that message to him in a gentle way? Yeah, that doesn't crush him.
Speaker 7: That's what I'm trying to figure out right now. I mean Tom gently, like Brooke, imagine if jaff got your name tatted in his arm without asking.
Speaker 1: You, we just have to cut the arm off. I mean that would be the only solution.
Speaker 3: I mean that would be extra weird because Brooke and I aren't like romantically together or anything like that. I don't want to get to show logo tatted that, but it'd be a weird romantic gesture for someone you're not dating.
Speaker 1: That's not romantic. I just think tattoos should be like a selfish thing, like whatever you want, not for someone else.
Speaker 7: Got it? Yeah, I agree too.
Speaker 3: Okay, So with that being said, Andre wants to do this, maybe just for himself, oh so to prove to himself how much he loves her. This is his own challenge, how.
Speaker 4: You love the last girl?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm just curious. What was the last girl's name?
Speaker 7: Tiffany?
Speaker 1: That's good and they both why So there's that you don't have to cover.
Speaker 3: Easier for him. But we're gonna try to convince him to not go through with that. When we come back. Give you our advice and let you make your awkward Tuesday phone call to your boyfriend to convince him not to get a tattoo of your name on his leg.
Speaker 1: Yes, this is to cover up his ex's name.
Speaker 3: We're gonna skip that part.
Speaker 1: It's important.
Speaker 3: We'll do it right after this. Hold on, it's awkward.
Speaker 1: It's Tuesday.
Speaker 3: It's awkward Tuesday phone call. You've heard of the five love languages, Well, tattooing people's names should be the sixth. Yeah, because that's what our listener, Lindsay is dealing with. She has a very romantic minded boyfriend named Andre, who, after four months together, has told her I've made an appointment to get a tattoo of your name on my leg. So that's you know, I'm one hundred percent yours.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, and it's also covering up the ex's name. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a good point to bring up. So Lindsey thinks it's a little bit too soon to be doing this, but regardless, she needs our help on how to tell him gently that maybe this isn't the right time for something like that, and perhaps we can convince him to just think about it, or at least cancel his appointment. Okay, So I'm interested to hear what my co hosts have to say. Brooke, how would you crush a man's dreams?
Speaker 1: This may be shocking to you, Lindsay, but I think you tell him do it.
Speaker 3: And dare him, and.
Speaker 1: Then you follow it up with but do you know what would be even more meaningful than my name? Is something that we love together, like a symbol. Or maybe you both love burritos or you love pickles. I'm thinking long and fare with a lot of leaves.
Speaker 3: What do you think about getting a case of rito tattooed on both of you?
Speaker 7: Lindsey, I'm not willing to get a tattoo.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not telling you too. I'm just telling him to choose one out of something that you both like, so that when you break up, it's something he still likes.
Speaker 3: Excuse not when they break up, they're going to be together forever.
Speaker 1: I'll that's not the vibe I'm getting.
Speaker 7: No, I love that idea. That's good.
Speaker 3: You still like him, You want to stay with him, You just don't want him to get the name tattooed. So, Hose, what's your advice?
Speaker 6: I believe there's a compromise here that we start with just one letter every year, right and maybe you start.
Speaker 1: With an L okay, so he'll be Liphany for a while because it's covering up the.
Speaker 3: For a couple of years that wave. You guys continue to date. You can add a letter each year.
Speaker 1: It's like a tradition.
Speaker 3: Lindsay, what do you think that's cute?
Speaker 7: I think that that's an idea and it's just like a tally. Then it's not a crazy tattoos.
Speaker 1: Have a big L tattooed on him at first, and the second year is I, which is also the start of his ex's name. Second letter, So that's good.
Speaker 7: That's good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's like that.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's the best advice that we've had all year.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 3: Thanks, I'm on very low bar that reads out for ourselves. But that's what we've got for you. Lindsay, you can do what you want with it. But I'm going to die your boyfriend's number right now and let you make your awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 7: Are you ready? Yes? I'm ready. Hello, Hey, it's me. How you doing? Hold day? Good?
Speaker 5: Where are you calling from?
Speaker 7: Oh? I just this different number I had to borrow someone still on my phone, dive, It's fine. I'm curious how your day is going, what's what's up?
Speaker 6: Good?
Speaker 5: No, then like day go and getting things out. I took out the garbage, so that's out there where you go? You know, all right? How's you going to go on? Then your phone dying? Obviously?
Speaker 7: I know I need to bring a charger with me everywhere I go, But I wanted to discuss something with you real quick. Do you have time? Yeah?
Speaker 5: I could take a break from pick out the trash for good.
Speaker 7: Yes, okay, thank you. So this tattoo idea that you brought up to me the other day.
Speaker 5: That I don't wait to get Trippany's name off me.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and I can't wait for you to stop saying her name too. But I think maybe we could do something a little more meaningful than my name, and maybe you could get something like that we both love together, like chips and caso crosses my mind, or how we both love Neopolitan stuff pizza. I think that could be a cute tattoo that could definitely cover up her name. What's the deal? You are you from drugs or something? What's what? Why would you even say that? No? Because I'm as cute.
Speaker 1: It's cute and all, but it's like I want your name on it so.
Speaker 5: That everyone else knows I'm taken. I don't want them to think I'm taken by chips and Caeso.
Speaker 7: I understand that, But I think the biggest reason why I'm bringing this up is that you don't even know if you love me yet, so tattooing my name on your body just seems like a really big jump.
Speaker 5: You know what I mean, Babe, you don't know if I love you or not?
Speaker 3: Are you serious?
Speaker 7: Well, I mean, you haven't said it, so how would I know.
Speaker 5: I mean, I'll say it right now on the phot I love you, like it's been four months. Some people just know, you know, it's just sorry. Like I thought, with all the with everything that I've showing you and done and putting, you know, wanted to tap to your name. I felt like it was almost implied.
Speaker 7: But yeah, I love you, Okay, I this is how you're going to say I love you for the first time. We've been dating for four months. I think that four months is a little too soon to be exclaiming love for each other, don't you.
Speaker 5: But for some people just know, and I mean four months, some people just know in less time than that, you know, like do you have that feeling like you don't you don't feel the same way.
Speaker 7: Well, of course I feel that way. Yeah, but I'm just trying to wrap my head around it.
Speaker 5: Well what if you know, what if you wrap your head around this?
Speaker 7: What if.
Speaker 3: You were my wife?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 7: What did you just say?
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, let's be one about it. Lin you who you married?
Speaker 7: Me?
Speaker 6: Get the button?
Speaker 3: So much earlier was waiting for the answer from Lindsay.
Speaker 4: I think we know it?
Speaker 1: Did he pass out? Andre?
Speaker 6: Hello?
Speaker 5: What's going on?
Speaker 7: Who is this? Hey?
Speaker 3: Andrea? H This is a radio show that you're on right now called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 1: We have never heard so much done in one small conversation.
Speaker 5: So we're on the radio right now.
Speaker 1: Yes, that make it more romantic.
Speaker 3: I mean, had I known, I would have planned better, but.
Speaker 1: Or planned it all my friend?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean yeah, you guys call me off garb but whatever. Like I said it before, when you know, you know, and some people just know when it's time, like okay, you.
Speaker 1: Are a spontaneous man.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't know how how Lindsay's feeling about this right now, Lindsay, you're still there.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm still here's.
Speaker 1: Here for a second. That was a long time I was.
Speaker 3: Okay, So there was a lot said there in the last few minutes. You should probably just talk to Andre about the feelings and the questions that are all coming out at once, even though if we did trust.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think that's a good idea too, that would be the time.
Speaker 5: I mean, yeah, I didn't really necessarily hear an answer, so.
Speaker 3: The question still sticks.
Speaker 7: I have to say no to.
Speaker 3: The chips and caeso. That's what you're saying no to, lindsay every question, Jeff.
Speaker 7: I think it's moving way too fast and it's starting to freak me out a bit. And as much as I adore you, I don't want to be just another name touching on your body that you're trying to cover up in the year.
Speaker 5: Okay, So I think I get it. It's not necessarily like a no, it's more like a not yet.
Speaker 1: That's a positive spin.
Speaker 7: You look at it that way.
Speaker 3: Okay, to all the questions that have been posed today, not yet.
Speaker 1: The tattoo, you, the L word, yeah.
Speaker 3: Any other big moves you were thinking of making right now, Andre, Well, we probably don't even want to go there.
Speaker 1: Why are you trying to fast forward everything.
Speaker 3: I know, it's not like a garbage that you're taking out really quickly. You want to take your time and enjoy it.
Speaker 5: I feel like these guys are trying to tell us how to live our romantic life.
Speaker 1: He's not wrong, we are We're trying to help them.
Speaker 3: Truly, Lindsay came to us seeking advice on how to have this conversation with you, because as much as she really enjoys your relationship and likes you, Andre, a lot of these steps are happening too quickly for her speed.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Absolutely, Okay, are you hearing her?
Speaker 1: Andre?
Speaker 5: Like I said, I'm all on the way. If if it, that's what's going to lead to then and.
Speaker 3: If you listen to how about tonight at home? You get some not scho caso dip and some Neapolitan pizza and you see what words come out of your mouth there.
Speaker 5: But in the meantime, what am I supposed to do with this Tiffany?
Speaker 3: Probably stop mentioning.
Speaker 1: Her first thing?
Speaker 3: Maybe just do a big black box on that one.
Speaker 1: Just wear pants man.
Speaker 5: All right, we'll figure something else on the cover of them.
Speaker 3: Look at that. What an understanding guy.
Speaker 1: I hope you share pictures of it with us.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we'll definitely send pictures.
Speaker 4: And Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: That call definitely lived up to the billing. It was certainly awkward. But you know what's going to be really awkward is if we check in in a few months and Andre's back together with Tiffany because he couldn't get her.
Speaker 1: Name off of her like I didn't even think about that.
Speaker 3: No, No, maybe he just felt like it was fake that point, or you only date Tiffany's yes.
Speaker 1: Another There are a lot of options out there. Sorry, Lindsay if you're listening.
Speaker 3: To Sorry Lindsay, but we did achieve a lot. We got Andre to cancel his upcoming tattoo appointment. We sure, Yeah, seemed like he was definitely backing off. We helped shut down his marriage proposal, and we made him question whether his girlfriend even loves him at all. Good work, team, Yeah, and we could do the same Wonders on your blossoming relationship If you email the show, we'll help you call whoever you need, give you a little advice, and help you settle all the problems that are going on in your personal life.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: One involving tattoos, Okay, we'll say that. Go find us online if you want to see our podcast. They're available wherever you get them at Brooke and Jeffrey