Speaker 1: Welcome to Reasonably Shady, a production of the Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Welcome to another episode of Reasonably Shady. I am Jaselle Bryant.
Speaker 1: What's up? What's up? I'm Robin Dixon. Thank you for being here with us once again once again. What is your shirt say? Spice of life, Spice up your life, Spice up your life with Oh with a spice girl girl. Oh? I love that.
Speaker 2: And this is new. This is a new shirt. I got it from Zara Zara recently. Okay, so they're they're doing throwbacks. They're doing spice girl thrill.
Speaker 1: I love that. Yeah, we love the spice girls. We love a little Victoria Beckham and Melanie Hobbs. Is that her name? Melanie mel No, not hot Hobbs. I don't know sports. I'm like sporty spice, yes, posh? What else?
Speaker 2: But by the way, baby spice. The speaking of Victoria, the Beckham's are bickering. What is happening The Beckham boys are I think fighting like the kids or the yes or the father. I think it's the kids are fighting and then one of them is fighting one of them's wife don't like Victoria or Victoria don't like her something I don't know, psturing in that family cannot have that. We cannot have that in the Beckham household. Anyway, how are you feeling?
Speaker 1: It's hot outside?
Speaker 2: It's hot as but Jesus outside, Holy moly, it's literally two days ago. Is literally one hundred and ten, Holy moly, holy And I know you don't like to go outside, but you really ain't gonna go.
Speaker 1: Oh no, you know, no, I'm crazy. I've told you this before. I love it when it's hot outside, not just side did yeah, I go outside and walk she three miles been. You're gonna pass out. I know, I know, but I love it. I don't know what. I just like to like feel the heat and the sweat and the wet and just you know. So when i'm when i'm like intentionally being outside to walk, it's okay. But but when you're like you know, in the car, in the house or going from like you know, a building to your car and you're hot, like, that's the worst, the worst. But when I know that, okay, I'm spoll I'm out here and it's hot, like I'm like, I know that this is what I signed up for. Hmm, I'm good.
Speaker 2: With you're feeling it? Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, Okay, what's your shady moment?
Speaker 1: Do you have one? So this damn heat because that you just said you loved, well, no, I'm telling you, this is what I hate about it. Okay. Did you see my scorched flowers outside? Yes? Oh my gosh, my flower. So my landscaper can be putting all these beautiful petunias so pretty in my landscaping, and literally they are all scorched, they are dried out, and I was I was watering them. I was doing what I could, and I mean it's crazy. I'm like, I'm so annoyed because clearly I gotta like I had to pay him for that. Yeah, and now they're gone. We will they will they come back? Are they? Like? You know? No, those are annuals? Yeah, bi annual. It was a bi annual. No every by quarter bye, they're just they're gonna know they're they're gone. They're gone, Like, I mean, what's every six months? Bye? Every six months? Is that?
Speaker 2: But that's by that's not bi annual. Annual is annual bi annual bi annuals too, but by year it will be every two years.
Speaker 1: Oh damn.
Speaker 2: Okay, So what is twice a year? Yeah, twice a year is something. It's a something. There is a something. Yeah, term for that quarterly maybe I don't know, Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Yeah, we didn't figure that out. Where's car I got it? Okay? Semi annual, yes, yes, every six months, every six semi annual, every six months.
Speaker 2: Private school education. Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's that. That's the good old University of Maryland.
Speaker 1: By the way.
Speaker 2: About that, by the way, you you know I went anyway, I'll tell you that in a second. Let me tell you about my shady moment for really quickly. So because it's so hot.
Speaker 1: We had a thunderstorm on Thursday of last week and trees were down everywhere. Trees were down.
Speaker 2: I got pictures of trees that came down in my neighborhood. My my power went out. I mean it like straight up knocked out my entire neighborhood. Like I think the the I call.
Speaker 1: It a tornado. Yeah, it like hit my little neighborhood.
Speaker 2: I was the center of it, and then everything else was knocked out. So this was around four o'clock on Thursday, and I called Pepco with my one bar on my phone and they said that we'd be back up by seven.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: So I'm like, cool, this is not this and mine was hot, okay, so I'm like thinking about the air conditioning. I'm thinking about everything. So we were not up by seven, and.
Speaker 1: The kids were like not home.
Speaker 2: They're like out of town or the kids were home, but they were like, we're going to go to Taco Bell, which was very confusing to me.
Speaker 1: So they go to Taco Bell. They come home and it's Taco Bell to hang out.
Speaker 2: I think a Door is fascinated with Taco Bell because I wouldn't give them that when they were little. So now that she got five hours on her pocket, she can go to Taco Bell on her own. Okay. So they went to Taco Bell. That came back by time they came back. Oh, a Door came in my room and she was like, ma, let's just like see what's going on in the neighborhood.
Speaker 1: It's pitch black everywhere. So I get in a little car with her.
Speaker 2: We're driving around and as we drove around, you know where, not my street, but like two streets before you get to my street.
Speaker 1: A big power line oh fell on the ground.
Speaker 2: Oh no, we could not get back on our street because the fire department came and they was like, no, you're gonna park your car like up up here by this.
Speaker 1: School and you're gonna get it in the morning.
Speaker 2: So anyway, we're walking back home. Everybody's outside. It's some foolishness. I met all kinds of neighbors I ain't want to meet, Okay, I'm trying to get to my shade of point.
Speaker 1: So we're in the house and shockingly my house was not hot. Okay. So we sleep, we wake up. The next morning, I'm calling Pop, call like, yo, oh, it's still out.
Speaker 2: The next morning, still out. I have I'm like working, like I have something I have to get to. I need to get my makeup done all that. So I like literally go to the Embassy suite, book a room just to get my makeup done and like cool off.
Speaker 1: So I'm doing all of that that night.
Speaker 2: I'm like, guys, when I get home from work, I'm like, guys, pick pack your things.
Speaker 1: We're going to a hotel. They say to me, Grace and the door. No, I ain't going to a hotel.
Speaker 2: We don't want to go. You don't want to go. I was like, no, no, no, we're gonna go stay the four seasons. It's gonna be Nice's gonna be a little stacas, right, there's like, no, we don't want to go, we don't want to leave.
Speaker 1: So they're fine with no electricity, No.
Speaker 2: No wife, no ac, No you can't open the refrigerator.
Speaker 1: No no. They were just like, we're gonna thug it out. They found it to be some sort of game we were called. It was like a game we were playing. So I said, please themselves hazing themselves.
Speaker 2: I was like, these kids are horrible, right, So I said, Okay, I'm gonna thuck it out with y'all.
Speaker 1: Right, Oh, this here comes the shady part.
Speaker 2: Grace, about thirteen minutes later, was in her girlfriend's car going to her girlfriend's house that has electricity.
Speaker 1: So I'm like, so me and a door just here to suffer. That was wrong. Yeah, Grace, you shady for that.
Speaker 2: And she didn't even say, hey, y'all want to come, or you know, do y'all need anything.
Speaker 1: All she did was she got me a portable charger, okay, and she's like, threw it on my bed. My kids ain't right, But yeah, that's shady, that's crazy. Okay. So she had her old plan. She had a whole plan. She didn't want to go anywhere because she was going to be hanging out with her girlfriend in electricity.
Speaker 2: I don't because me and the door could have just been chilling at the four season. Yeah, yeah, I don't know. But we thugged it out.
Speaker 1: Second night.
Speaker 2: We had no power in the morning the next morning because Grace texted me and said she made friends with the Pepco people outside.
Speaker 1: That great. She's wrong, but she's a little crafty.
Speaker 2: She said, ma, I talked to them, and we're gonna have power like first thing in the morning.
Speaker 1: And she was right, and she was right. That power came straight back on, but we had to suffer for like two days. Oh my god. And they were fine with it. I'm surprised you didn't just say, Okay, I'm leaving y'all.
Speaker 2: And I just was like, I didn't understand in my mind at any given second it was going to be turned back on, because I say, long time.
Speaker 1: Oh but guess what.
Speaker 2: I called my contractor and I said, guess what, You're gonna get me the Rolls Royce generators because I'm not doing this again. I'm buying a generator. I don't give a damn how much it costs because and it's mental for me. So I'm walking down my street with no power. You know, my street has no power, but you can tell the houses with generators. Yeah, so they look rich and I look poor, and I don't.
Speaker 1: Want to be anymore. So I'm I have ordered me a generator, ordered it already, yes, as my power is out, I'm calling my contractor, like I need a generator. He's like Joe, So it's not at my house yet, but he's it's coming right, Okay, Okay, that's that's Hi. This ain't happening to meet again. I can't do this. No, yeah, no, that's the worst. I don't think since I've been in this house, I don't think our power has gone out during the storm, but which is kind of surprising, but I don't. I don't think if we have. Yeah, the tree situation is wild. Yeah, these trees fall on these power lines and it's it's a rope. Yeah, damn. And that's the worst, the worst. Okay, spend them on the pep. They keep telling you like, oh, it'll be on in an hour, and then it's like it keeps going, it keeps pushing.
Speaker 2: Well, they at one time suspended telling us when it was going to be back on.
Speaker 1: That's how you know, you right, you know that's true. Oh wait, so speaking of Taco bell, I said, like, is that the hangout? Have you ever is it? I can't remember. When I was in Phoenix, Arizona, Carter wanted to go to In and Out Burger. Okay, in and Out Burger, Yeah, because he had seen it on TikTok and stuff. Okay, we went. The line was wrapped around the building. The kid, I mean, the parking lot was jam packed. It was us to hang out. Yes, it's the hangout. It was crazy. The inside was jam packed. They had tables outside jam packed, and it was like ten o'clock at night. Okay, wait, where was this Phoenix, Arizona? In Phoenix, I can see that. Yeah, I've never experienced that before. I only like had heard of in and out burgers, but I didn't know it was like that. That's nice crazy. And then the food was actually good. The burgers were good. But you're gonna go anywhere for the hangout? Well I didn't. We weren't going for the hang out. We didn't know it was a hangout. We just Carter just is like a foodie and he saw it on the side and he just wanted it, like it was just one of those things that he always wanted to go he had to do. Does he have Instagram or does he have something like to post or whatever? No? Okay, okay, I love that. But oh does he have TikTok? TikTok? He has TikTok? So would he take a picture and like post it? No, he don't really post on it. Okay. They might like repost something that they see, but they don't make original content. Okay, I love that.
Speaker 2: But I love that you are down to like allow him to, you know, lead the family in the food selection.
Speaker 1: Yes, because he's one of them. He's like a grumpy eater, like he just like food is so important to him and to his mother. No, no, no, Like I'll sacrifice. I'll be like, what do you want because I don't want to get something and you don't like it, and you're going to be mad for the rest of the night. Deal with that. Yeah. So I'm always like putting the ball in his court when it comes to food, Like, find something that you want to eat, and I'm going to make it happen for you. Okay. I love that he is very particular about food.
Speaker 2: I think Angel was kind of like that, like we need to make sure Angels happy with the food. Everybody else will sacrifice, right, Yes, yeah, so she's and she's always like, it's well, sushie, Like when are we gonna have sushi?
Speaker 1: Like she's a big sushi girl.
Speaker 2: So her go to is always like, if we can't figure out what we're eating, it's sushi sushi, which is I'm not mad at it, but like, can we have some variety?
Speaker 1: We have some variety? All right? Speaking of people being upset, did you see Lebron get booed? No? Listen, Lebron was walking down the street mine of his business, and it was like at night, And you know, I'm not I'm not here for booing celebrities. Where is he just walking down the street at night? Are you sure this is Lebron? No? This was Lebron freaking James Okay, And I'm not.
Speaker 2: I'm not into this because it's because people ask me all the time, because you know, on a reality show, people have.
Speaker 1: Opinions of who you are, and some people love you, some people hate you. Some people ask me all the time.
Speaker 2: Has anybody ever come up to you and like said something negative, like the haters and like not really.
Speaker 1: Like no, no ever had that. Just most people come up and oh I love you or whatever.
Speaker 2: Right, Okay, So he's walking down the street like, oh, this is New York okay, and he's legitly Lebron, definitely Lebron. He's walking, he's walking with his friends, he's mining his business. They start booing Lebron James in New York. I guess because he was in New York and that I wouldn't.
Speaker 1: Take that person off I'm Lebron because it's like their New York Knicks fans or totally who in Lebron plays for the Lakers, And of course there's a history, you know, like if you're a New York fan, there's no way you're a Laker fan, you know what I mean? But can we have some respect, you know what I mean? No, just just just boom, yes, okay, boom. I'm telling you right now, don't be booing me when I'm walking down the street. If y'all be like boom, there's just helle boo, what I would be like, Oh hell nah, hell nah, that's just like part of the game. That's part of being an athlete. You know, like you're going to run into rival fans that hate your team, hates you, and they get all worked up, and so it's like whatever, it's okay, but.
Speaker 2: I will condone you booing Jeff Bezos and his wife if you're in Venice or they're getting married.
Speaker 1: They haven't taken over the whole city. They take it over the whole freaking.
Speaker 2: City, and they're like cool with it, right, Like they might need to get booed.
Speaker 1: Well, they're probably spending a lot of money there, They're probably putting a lot of money into I didn't think about that. I didn't think about that. But also, you know, I don't know. I do feel like Europeans or Italians aren't, as you know, enamored with Americans. No, they're not. They don't care. They probably there probably are a bunch of them that are like, please get out of here. Yeah. Yeah, I'm surprised they picked Venice though, because I feel like, I hear it's beauty. I've never been. I hear it's freaking beautiful. I've been, but I feel like and maybe I've only been to a certain part like they have this little river and you go on the little boat. Yeah, and that that means of transportation, right, Like that's it. Like it's like, but isn't it like I just in my like that's playing at all times, right, Yeah, but that's like, oh is it really? Is it like piped into the like the co I don't know, like maybe it's just like piped into your head. Yeah, like you like like this is a long time ago when I was there, But is this was this like a honeymoon or something. No, we were when one played for the Toronto Raptors. Yeah, they played did some preseason games in Spain and Italy and so they let the whole everyone's families go nice. So we all like flew over there and took you know, took little day trips and stuff. Oh I love that. So yeah, but I just feel like Venice, it's like that's it. It's just the little river whatever. The gondola, I think.
Speaker 2: So, okay, I want to do a gondola. Yeah yeah, I've never done that. I only did it at Disneyland. It's a small so you got Yeah, so you got it. You got the experience. That's all you need to do.
Speaker 1: I think I need the real experience. You could skip Venice. I'm just surprised they picked Venice. I just don't think Venice has enough. Well maybe it's significant to them. True. By the way, by the freaking yeah, because you have a Beyonce should go too soon? Well okay, several things are never expectations really high. Okay, several things. Hater hater, cowboy carter hater.
Speaker 2: This is what I want to say to this one over here called reasonable. I want to say that Beyonce had how many she had, like four shows in Paris or something crazy? Yeah, and then the last one Jay comes out.
Speaker 1: Yeah what insane? When's the last time she did that? He didn't come out Renaissance tour ever didn't.
Speaker 2: But I've seen them in Paris when they did the Run on the Run tour.
Speaker 1: I saw them in Paris. I took my mother, remember that. Yeah yeah, yeah, yea. And it is a whole vibe. Yes'm I know I saw them not in Paris, but I saw them at the Raven Stadium, and yes, whole.
Speaker 2: I mean it takes to a whole another level when he sings ends in Paris, Yes, yes, whole another level. You just you just lose your in Paris, and you're in Paris and you're jumping around and it's the whole thing.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: So when he came out, I was like, oh my god. Okay, So in a couple of days, a week or so, she will be in this area. She will and I will be there. Yes, me and Cali going, you will?
Speaker 1: Are you? I'm still not motivated to go. I'm really not, Okay, So I just bought my kids tickets.
Speaker 2: Now my kids tickets are maybe okay, So you know there's the nosebleeds.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there have a hemorrhage, like they're going to be hemorrhaging because they're so far up. Really, but I was like, I was like, look at here. These tickets are expensive, Like what section there are? There?
Speaker 2: Hundreds, they're in a three hundreds. How much was the ticket five something?
Speaker 1: Five hundred each? Yeah for the three hundred level? Listen, Oh no, I'm not. But as you get closer, as you get closer to the show, I'm sure the tickets they will open up. Yes, yeah, yeah, but I told them one hundred for the three hundred level. Listen. We're all going, We're all going together, and we will we will separate.
Speaker 2: I will go down, they will go up, Yes, and I will feel nothing about the fact I saw. I saw something like Phaser said Phajor Parks from Atlanta.
Speaker 1: She was like, my kids fly first class. I saw that I would never put to my kids in coach. Yeah, come on, live to put my kids in coach, right, like my kids are going I'm not going back. Y'all are going back now. Welcome to the real world. Experience the ship, the same ship I experience growing up. True.
Speaker 2: True, Now I may choose to upgrade my kids, but on the norm, I want them to understand y'all in the back of the bus.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, yell, y'all the culture. They haven't earned a damn thing, not one thing. No, yes, unless I feel like for me, if I was to put my kids in first class, it would be because they did something extraordinary to deserve it, and it was like a reward, it was a treat. It was like, I'm so proud of you, and I'm gonna take you on this trip and I'm gonna fly you first class. Oh I love that something like that. Yes, I'm not more or it's not that expensive.
Speaker 2: I remember we flew to Paris and it just so happened Delta, and it just so happened that the upgrade was not that expensive.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I did it, of course, and they had availability.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which you can always get a deal, you know that if you go to the gate and they have they have a ticket for you anyway. So yeah, otherwise these kids are sitting in the back suffer.
Speaker 1: I want them to suffer. Yeah, I mean because when we can just be normal, just be a normal ass, regular person.
Speaker 2: Just because when we get there, it's five it's five star all the way because they're with me. But while we're flying there, no, y'all in the back of the bus, I'm in the last crazy. Speaking of concerts, you know, Brandy and Monica are hitting the road.
Speaker 1: They're going on tour. Did you see this coming? No? I saw it coming. You did?
Speaker 2: Why because they both need a job? No shade to Brandy and Monica. Okay, wait, we saw Monica in concert?
Speaker 1: We show did it? Don't even remember that we saw her? Damn, because it was forgettable. Rod had to think seven seconds for a good word. I was do I want to say the word? I had to think, yes, say this.
Speaker 2: It wasn't she wasn't. Okay, So she she popped out.
Speaker 1: No, she didn't, it was Nicki. Okay, she didn't. She didn't open for her. It was like she was part of Nicki Minaja's set. Nicki Minaj was like on stage performing and then went away and then all of a sudden, Monica was like performing eight songs. It was like it was so random to me.
Speaker 2: I was like, first of all, we're here to see Nikki Yea and no Shade Monica, but like you, I don't even know them to have a song together, right, It was extremely random.
Speaker 1: It was so so Nikky just needed a break. Nicky was like, look ahead, let me sit down.
Speaker 2: I didn't done my fourteen songs, okay, So anyway, yes, it was kind of unforgettable.
Speaker 1: Forgettable, it was unforgettable. No, it was okay that Robin said it, not just Zelle. It was unnecessary. But have you seen Brandy? No, never seen her. But I was never a fan. I'm not. I'm not a fan of either one to be gays. So but I know that they have, you know, fans and people who love them, and they have history from that one song.
Speaker 2: Well no, they have like institutionalized beef like them, they have beef from back back in the day and then they have that song.
Speaker 1: Oh I guess so yeah, I guess. Yeah. They were pretty much like in competition with one another.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it'll be nice to see them come out together and and you know what I was doing, No, but when I.
Speaker 1: Was when I was looking at their roster, they have a whole lot of people that they're gonna that are gonna pop up like that are good. Kelly Rowland is opening Kelly, I think we have Nelly maybe really Okay. By the way, you know, Nelly and Ashanti have a show, a show. Have you seen it? No? Have you? Is it out? No? But I saw a clip it was like she was talking about his penis size. Oh yeah, are you supposed to talk about your husband's penis size? What did she say? Did she say? She said it was large? Okay, well if it's large, yes, I mean, well, I mean, you know, because no, you're not supposed to talk about your husbands people. I wouldn't put that information out there because then that makes other women want to like see it. Yeah, true, you know what I mean. It's like, so I feel like when you brag about something and that makes people envious of it, and then they want it and then they want it, so I yeah, I wouldn't put that on there. Yeah, so you would just say your husband's penis is small, No, it's and not desirable anyway, shape or form. Right, yeah, yeah, you don't want it. You don't want it. But I think I think husband's penis size is off limits. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think wives should not be talking about that, Okay, yes, just like the husband shouldn't talk about whether or not his wife is good in bed, like or dry or you know what I mean. Like, I think all of that when you're married, it's just like off limits.
Speaker 1: Yeah, publicly they shouldn't. But then like if they're talking with like barbershop talk, oh yeah yeah yeah, but then that makes the guy like so you could be in the barbershop talking amongst some guys. Yeah, they said, oh my god, my wife is the best in bed. I'm never gonna go anywhere, blah blah blah. Yeah, best I ever had.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean that they sound, But you're a lot of guys they're barbers. Like the therapists just kind of like, you know, like Shirley is a little bit of a therapist. Cow's a therapist for me, So oh that's fine.
Speaker 1: Right, Okay, So if it's just you and the barber, but if there are other men in the barbershop and they're hearing this, then they're gonna want to sleep with the wife. Really they might, Yeah, they might. If they see the wife out in the street one day, they might.
Speaker 2: They might up. I don't know. Yeah, I think some things just need to remain private.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I was kind of shocked that she did that. He and he was just like, I think he was laughing or whatever. Yeah, so keep your husband's PENI size out your mouth.
Speaker 1: Okay. Yeah, that's all I'm gonna say. I know that noted. Okay, So we didn't talk about Traders. Oh, yes, we have a new Traders season four is it four? Uh huh? Okay? Cast that was released or announced.
Speaker 2: Which you know, by the way, Robin was on Traders three. Just in case y'all are under a rock and y'all don't know, I was Robin killed it on season three of the Trade dous for four little.
Speaker 1: Four half little episodes. Yeah, five yeah, five, So in the morning, in the morning, from what we understand they're filming now, correct. So yeah, So when they officially released the cast. That means that they're like a good week into filming, Okay, So they released that one a couple last week, couple of weeks ago. Yeah, they honestly might be done finished by now. Okay. Last year, I think they wrapped like June twenty first is and this is okay, so they're coming up on that. But I know that they added another version of Traders. They did a celebrity version in the UK this year, which because because the way they film it, they do the civilian UK Traders okay, and then they last year then they went right into US so like they finished one and then a week later they were just starting another one. So now they added like one more version of it. So I don't know. There might be a few weeks back, so they could be just finishing up or almost finished. Okay. But but but it's exciting. But the cast, Okay, So from let's talk about the Bravo world, all right, I gotta find it, dang, I know, I know they gave Derenda another shot. Yes, so Derenda's back in. Derenda's back, which I'm happy for her because I know she was super disappointed. But I'm also happy for like the real like Brivo fans, because I think they Brivo fans really really really wanted to see Derenda. Yeah on there so so Derenda happy about that? Yeah, okay, Lisa Renna nice? Yes, nice.
Speaker 2: By the way, Lisa, now that you're on Traders, can we have some more Renner Beauty lip glosses.
Speaker 1: I don't know if people know this, but Lisa would send us a lot.
Speaker 2: They send from Rent Beauty, Reno Beauty, and it stopped well when she was no longer housewife.
Speaker 1: It's no I think they sent some. I was actually surprised, like after she wasn't a housewife. I think I got like a couple more ships.
Speaker 2: Okay, I might have two, maybe one. Yeah, maybe that was like in the back order or something. But we haven't gotten anything.
Speaker 1: For very long. Been a good.
Speaker 2: I'm running low, Lisa, I'm running low. Rent a beauty come through in a minute, come through.
Speaker 1: I don't know. We probably need to look it up and see. And she's got like amazing lip losses. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like there's a shimmer that I love that she has. She's got some amazing stuff, so she does. Yeah either way, maybe.
Speaker 1: I should buy it. Maybe she does I shouldn't wait for my my gift back. All right. Let's see, So Derinda Porsche from Atlanta. Who is Williams Stanburry, Caroline stan By okay from Baye Dubai. Yeah, a couple of like top chef.
Speaker 2: People, Okay, nice and I love top Chef.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't know who these other people are, Okay. So then they have like a bunch of Survivor people, bunch of okay, big brother people. Mama Kelsey, Jason and Travis Kelsey's mother. Yes, which was a little strange to me. Yeah, that was random, but they always started like a brand super random people. Yeah. But I from what I know about her, I wouldn't think she would want to do it. I don't know, I would think honestly. I think most people it's just such an intriguing thing to do, Like it's just a fun. How many people get to do something like this in their life. So I don't know. I'm like, if they asked you to do it, I would tell anyone to do it. It's just such a different experience. A couple of figure skaters Johnny Weir, Turaala Pensky, Michael Rappaport.
Speaker 2: Yes, now you know Michael Rapport. Isn't it acting crazy?
Speaker 1: Right right? Right right exactly? Talking all types of stuff. They're gonna send him home quick, talking all types of stuff. Another a drag queen. I don't have that. I'm I'm like looking at the picture. I'm trying to figure out who these people are. Okay, So I'm like, who would I make a trader? Who would you make a trader? Yeah? Okay, I would make Travis Kelsey's mother a trader because think about, nobody's gonna think she's a trader. No, And she's probably so she's probably gonna be like nurturing. True. She's probably also gonna be kind of a fish out of the water type because she's not ever really done reality TV like that or you know television. So she's just gonna be like, you know, just kind of very random with it. And so I think she'll be able to be under the radar. I think she'll be able to trick people. I think she'll be able to earn people's trust. And I would pick her to be a trader. You got to pick a housewife. So I would give it to Derenda. You don't really have I wouldn't, I would I wouldn't just because of her experience last year, like.
Speaker 2: Then she knows a little some something, so she would be yeah, I mean she would have a little edge.
Speaker 1: But I would think that people would be like assuming that she was a trader. I don't know, maybe I mean Dorenda might be. I would I was thinking I would like to see Lisa Rena as trader, but I think people would assume was a trader. Yes, I would, Okay, so you know we make would people would automatically be like, oh, you're a trader, get out of here. Do we make rapa for a trader? I was going to say that probably yes, okay, yes, because.
Speaker 2: But I feel like, because you know, he's he's a personality and he has big opinions, I think that people would think he was a trader, so they be coming for him.
Speaker 1: But but he's not. But he's a comedian, So I think he's probably from the jump because you spend time before they picked the traders, so people spend time kind of like meeting each other, talking to one another, and I think he probably wild would have done a good job just interacting with everyone and making people kind of laugh or you know, just kind of schmoozing and just talking to the point where they're not assuming that he's like a trader, you know what I mean. So I think he would be a good one. And then they got to throw these gamers in, Yeah, gamers, And I don't know any of their names, so I can't really tell you who I would pick. One of the ice skaters Yeah, Tara, yeah, penske Ye yes Tara or Johnny Weir hmm. You should be interesting. I do. I think the cast is interesting, but I feel like the like our randoms were like more interesting, Like I don't want to say randoms like our people so we had like you know, Nikki Garcia, Chrischelle. You know, are there people anyone from Bachelor Bachelorette? Like I felt like they were those people would have to have a name husband, Yes, you have to have a name tag. I would not know. I wouldn't remember your name. You'll learn their names quickly? Oh you do? Okay? Like you definitely, because I mean you sit around we don't have named Let's see on the walls, nobody does it say where they're from. They give us they do give us like a sheet of people's names.
Speaker 2: Okay, and where they're from, Like if they're survivor of the Big Brother.
Speaker 1: I don't recall. I just know it's like their picture. Possibly their picture you quickly learned people's Yes, for sure. Very interesting. I'm excited. Okay.
Speaker 2: Speaking of interesting, my daughter Adore is all into Love Island.
Speaker 1: Are your kids watching Love Island? No? Okay? So she was like, we were on a walk and she was like, Mom, can I tell you all about it? And I was like sure, okay.
Speaker 2: So there's a hooda girl there's and she has a kid, and you know, everybody's crying and she doesn't anybody no, she has a kid, and she really I didn't know that. They couple you up, and then there's uncoupling, and then they come in and they're like, everybody's gonna be uncoupled.
Speaker 1: And then one girl was like, I don't want that. No one wants that. Like there's memes galore. Oh okay, it's foolishness.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And that was the only thing a door was mad about when we had no power.
Speaker 1: She was good to watch Love Island. Okay. So what is the is the ultimate goal of Love Island for there to be like one couple? Yeah, to win?
Speaker 2: Yes, and then you get a hundred thousand dollars. Oh yeah, I didn't. I didn't know money was involved.
Speaker 1: Until the other day. Yeah, okay, so you're kind of playing a game of a bit.
Speaker 2: Okay, but you because so like, you know, if a guy likes you, you never want him to say we need to make it to the end, right, because you want to feel.
Speaker 1: Like he loves me. Oh yes, okay. Now how do people get eliminated?
Speaker 2: I think they vote each other off maybe, or maybe like people call in.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know about Okay. Yeah, it's so crazy, it is. It seems like a phenomenon. It seems like people really are into Love Island. I see it on my timeline all the time. But I just like, I don't know, I know nothing, absolutely yes nothing.
Speaker 2: It's yeah, but it is. It is twenty year olds on steroids. It's a lot going on. And it's so funny because they're all sleeping in one room and in the same bed right in the same bed.
Speaker 1: You're like twin beds and up. It's foolish. Yeah. So when I was filming Traders, the Love Island UK version was on, and when we're not room we have like nothing to do, so I would like watch that, but it was their accents were really strong. Yeah, so I could like barely understand what they were saying. Did they have subtitles? We didn't have a remote to like turn the subtitles on, do you know what I mean? Like okay, like I could. I had no way of putting the subtitles on.
Speaker 2: In other words, if you're doing traders, understand you will have no remote control.
Speaker 1: You have no way to come. That's why I was like shocked that Porsche.
Speaker 2: Did it, because Porscha's like a phone in I'm sure she did it because ain't no way she's not talking to her child.
Speaker 1: I don't, I mean no way. I'll be honest with you. When you first like the thought of not having your phone and not having contact with the outside world, at first, it's like, oh my god, Like how am I going to do this? But after a while you actually appreciate it and enjoy it. Yeah, you don't want your phone back, You're like, but you do want to talk to your children. They'll be okay. I mean he has a little daughter, Her little daughter will be fine. We'll be J needs to hear her mother's voice. PJ will hear her mother's voice when her mother is finished during traders. Okay, Like it's not a big deal. It's like such a blip. It goes fast. You you're so busy and tired. Yeah, you're not thinking about your phone, like, yes, it's yeah. Okay.
Speaker 2: Speaking of Porsche, Porscha is now officially divorced.
Speaker 1: I was, I said, I was wrong. I take it back, I said, Remember I said last time when they deported Simon, I was like, oh, Porscha gonna be married forever, Like, you're not gonna be able to push this divorce through. No, because Portia had a whole waiting to excel, to download and upload to all forms of social media. Listen. The waiting to excel took me out. I was dying, laughing. I'm like, what is happened? Dying?
Speaker 2: So if you don't know, go to Porsche's page, because she does a whole waiting to excel, burning the reenactment, reenactment, so she's like burning the car, lighting the match. You listen, it's everything right now. I don't know if I had that much time on my hands, but Porsche did it.
Speaker 1: She did it. She killed it dead. That was funny. That was funny.
Speaker 2: And then and then Simon followed up listen, now Simon's in his feelings, Porsche did waiting to a sound. Now Simon wants to do zoom calls from Dubai to talk about Porsche, like stop talking about.
Speaker 1: He regrets marrying her and then she you know, do you believe she wanted she's with you for the money? Yes? I believe that. So I'm trying to figure out the part where Simon missed where he was like, I don't know, arrested for like that he was deported and arrested for who were who living a fake green card? And where missed that? Where Simon missed that? Like he was pretty much like, yeah, she just filed out a divorce, filed for divorce out of nowhere, and she wouldn't talk to me, and I don't know and I don't know why she filed for divorce. Simon, did she know? Were you? Did you represent yourself truthfully? Right? Truthish woman? Right? I think no? Where did you miss that part? Now regards Yeah, she probably did marry you for your money, like she would would she have married you if you didn't have the money that you had? Probably not, but you could say that for a lot of people.
Speaker 2: Yep, me, you can say it for me, right, is that? Listen, let me check that bank account before we get married?
Speaker 1: Okay, right, you was so okay, that's not that's not the issue. All right. You married her because she was on TV and you were infatuated, and Simon, you want to be on TV sets, and y'all got engaged and within however, you know, thirty days and fourteen seconds. Yeah, it don't even matter, Simon.
Speaker 2: You knew what you were marrying, right, and you were down infatuated in love with all of it. And when I say all of it, cameras and all, yes, yes exactly.
Speaker 1: So you not understanding why she filed for divorce is kind of like what, dude, he was a whole fraud.
Speaker 2: Simon, just stopped talking. I'm sick of it now. Like I didn't even know. I didn't even look at like what he was saying, because when I saw that he was talking, I was like, and now here you go.
Speaker 1: So he did say he's challenging the prenup, so he ain't paying the forty thousand dollars a month. Simon, you signed it, okay, but but really he's in another country. How can they enforce any of that anyway, because bank accounts are international, Okay, so they can't really enforce it by like say, arresting him, right, right, he can't get her. I mean I don't know. Yeah, well, I mean that I'm saying if he doesn't pay, if he doesn't pay, if you know, they whatever, the divorce is finalized, he's supposed to pay her forty thousand dollars a month for the next fourteen months, and she can stay in the house for thirty six months and blah blah blah, all that type of stuff. Well, who's gonna enforce and make sure that he pays the forty thousand dollars a month? Right? If I don't know in another country, I don't know. But good question is challenging that he's challenging the course he is because he just want to stay in the news. Yeah, Simon, I thought you was a big ballish I calling you can't pay your bills, sir? Well, because she married him for his money, he doesn't want to pay, That's what he says. Yes, he thought it was love, did he?
Speaker 2: But he said all of her I mean no, no, no, no, would answer Okay, in all due respect, I've been around them. They very much looked very much in love, Like I don't want to take that away from him or her. But now that we on the other side and everybody want to just throw shots, Simon stopped like enough, okay, speaking big dummy, speaking of idiot dummy men. Okay, let's talk about this. So I watched this documentary called Titan.
Speaker 1: Oh Carter, watch that about the submarine?
Speaker 2: Yes, So I went to go and see my s She was like, you have you seen Titans? She always gives me like tips on things I need to see. So I was like, no, I haven't seen it. So I went ahead and watch it. I took my good two hours to watch this. And what did Carter say?
Speaker 1: He was that the man was like stubborn, he was stupid, Like, okay, first of all, he was like a one person was Yeah, he just thought he knew everything. He was. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So he had like generational wealth, okay, and he so that's and that's how he lived, and so did his wife. That's how they lived their lives. They just was gonna do whatever the hell they wanted to do, and and rules be damned. So Robin these fools, so he decided he wanted to make the ship out of carbon fiber. Right, so he takes thing down, he does, he does some tests, and when he's down there, the thing is exploding, right boom boom boom boom boom, and he's like, oh, it's fine, right, and then he takes it down again boom boom boom.
Speaker 1: Always fine. So then he took all them people down there sit the titantic. That shit blew up, and you have no one to blame, right, but yourself was completely preventable. Yet one don't do one hundred percent preventable. Preventable, Yeah that's the word.
Speaker 2: So his all the families like they haven't gotten any type of settlement or anything like like Ocean God or Ocean Ocean Gate is the name of the company.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're not responding, really, but do they what do they have? Do they? Well? Because you said he was wealthy, right.
Speaker 2: Yes, he's wealthy, but the company was struggling. Okay, so I guess he didn't put his own money in it.
Speaker 1: I don't know. But they all have a suit on their hands. Yes, And because.
Speaker 2: It is documented that this thing was going to do exactly what it did, and it's not even funny because people lost their lives.
Speaker 1: So I'm not laughing at that. I'm just laughing at stupid men. And sometimes we all know their race. They do things that make no damn sense, right, They are convinced that their way is the right way, that they know everything.
Speaker 2: Yes, and God forbid, they have a little bit of money because that they think that they really they.
Speaker 1: Didn't tell them anything.
Speaker 2: Whoo, So we're gonna pray for the victims of this. His name is stocked in their families, stocked in something. We're gonna pray for the victims. Yes, But if you want to just like see what happened, watch Titan and you can fast forward some you fast forward.
Speaker 1: To the end. Okay, what we know what ultimately has that's true, but okay, yeah, so the middle part really shows you, like you can hear it. You can hear it exploding right when they're testing, when they're testing, like they're cracking. It's crack. It's gonna boom boom boom.
Speaker 2: You can hear the fibers like totally cracking. And they're not supporting the pressure right of bringing this ship down there chio, it was a mess.
Speaker 1: Anyway, we gotta go.
Speaker 2: We love y'all so much, and to ever forget to live your life either reasonable or shady, or both, your big dummy. Reasonably Shady is a production of the Black Effect podcast Network.
Speaker 1: For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows, and you can connect with us on social media at Robin Dixon, ten, Giselle Bryant, and Reasonably Shady.