Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong Show, Katty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Jettie and Key Arms Range.
Speaker 3: I'm already voted three times live from Studio C says us say signor a dimly lit room deeper than the bowels of the Armstrong and Getty Communications compounded on Tuesday voting day here where we broadcast from in California with the two most interesting races in the country.
Speaker 4: We are toiling under the title of the show, a rare triple title.
Speaker 2: Today Jack Trump has no patna.
Speaker 4: That's from negotiating theory best alternative to negotiated agreement. We will discuss Trump is desperate for a deal with Iran, and it shows title number two, Welcome to the storm before the storm. Boy, oh boy, do we have some headlines for you coming up. But those are two downers. So I went with the rare third headline, Summer's here. Enjoy a hot dog. It's just kind of a moodlifter, you know what. I've talked about this for years. We've been on the air in California, the biggest state in the nation, home to the second and second, fourth and tenth biggest TV radio markets in the entire country, And how all the media coming out of New York, which is pretty much all the media, has no idea what's going on out here, correct, And I'm just amazed that that's still true with the Internet existing and whatnot.
Speaker 5: It's not like you have to travel on the Pony Express to come to California to know anything about it, right, So it's just it's just their focus because all the media lives in New York. They only care about New York and they fly back and forth between there.
Speaker 2: In Washington, DC.
Speaker 5: I was watching some of the national coverage of this mayor race in LA that seems to have caught the nation's attention.
Speaker 2: And how bad a job they did. They have no.
Speaker 5: Idea what they were talking about. I was listening to MSNBC this morning and one of their old hands has been on there forever. Mike Barnacle, former Boston Globe writer, has been on Morning Joe going way back to the Imus days.
Speaker 4: Doug Barnacle is the perfect name for that guy too, because he clings to the media like one and will never go away.
Speaker 5: As I was watching him this morning talking about why I can't understand why they'd be interested in a reality TV star. No idea that it's not the person, it's the message. It's the fact that people are fed up with zombie drug camps all over everywhere. That's what's driving all of the politics. The governor, henby mayor race in La on a Republican having a shot, the taxes, the drug zombies, the regulations. It's not the personalities, it's those issues.
Speaker 4: And I would say in Mortgage generally, a growing awareness that the government is for itself. It does not exist to serve the people of California or the people of la more specifically in that race, it exists to enrich itself and its cronies. And man, if you pay any attention to the budgets or the politics or the freaking bullet train or anything like that, it becomes more and more apparent. So, yeah, it's not about Spencer Pratt perses a, but somebody willing to tell the truth. Finally, and then you've got the Karen Basses of the world or the Gavin's newsom were continuing to.
Speaker 2: Say, this is different.
Speaker 4: It's because the academy in the world, everyone wants to be everything's great, everything's perfect as people step over a dead junkie.
Speaker 2: Exec or gets stabbed by a Live One.
Speaker 4: Executive producer Mike Hanson pulling into the radio station today, We're not where the right on the corner. He was talking about the drug Zombiees song. A woman leaned.
Speaker 5: Over, just leaned over with their arms hanging. Somebody else leaning up against the wall. You see that all over the place. That's not normal. That is not a normal way to live. Not to mention everything being locked up, which we've kind of gotten used to so much that.
Speaker 2: Nobody even remarks on it anymore.
Speaker 5: But my son and I at the CBS last night having to press the button over and over because they're kind of busy to get some twenty year old to come over and unlock the shampoo. Shampoo, something that has been on the shelf for since its invention.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry you said, a three hundred dollars bottle of Scotch is.
Speaker 5: Behind locked class because you let criminals run around and just steal stuff over and over and over again. That's the issue. I remember we had in studio Dick Morris many many years ago. He was running Bill Clinton's campaign to a certain extent, way back in the day and it's.
Speaker 2: Still our shampoo.
Speaker 4: And he said in our studio, he said, if you have the right message, heaven and hell can't stop you.
Speaker 2: That's what drives these election.
Speaker 5: Everybody gets caught up on the personality and the ads, which plays a role, obviously, but the message when Bill when Donald Trump came down the escalator and said to America hungry to hear illegal immigration.
Speaker 2: Has got to stop.
Speaker 5: This is crazy, right, boom, He's heads to the top of the poles and he never went down again. The same thing with Spencer Pratt. The AI ads are cool and all that. It's the message that why are we living like this with drug zombies everywhere? Look at the street full of tents. Look at the fact that you can't take your kid to the park that you paid for because there's a drug zombie in there and there's needles everywhere.
Speaker 2: That's the message.
Speaker 4: Somebody needs to transcribe what you just said and sprinkle me in if you like, and reprint.
Speaker 2: That in the New York Times. Because you're so right.
Speaker 4: The media just reads the media, then repeats what the media said, and you get these ridiculous narratives that bear no relationship to reality.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well said.
Speaker 5: Indeed, because of the way they do politics in California, there's unlikely to be results tonight, especially for the uh Californians so slow counting the way they do ballots and.
Speaker 2: Everything like that. So don't expect any results to It'll take a week.
Speaker 4: You got to massage those votes, especially if it's really really close. Yeah, yeah, any who's so batana? Best alternative to negotiated agreement? The idea is that if you're negotiating something, you have to be mentally and emotionally ready to not get a deal. What is your best alternative? If there is no deal, know it, understand it, be ready to pivot to it. Otherwise you are the party that has to have a deal, and the other side will smell that and exploit it. Trump is giving every sign, despite his tough talk, that he's desperate for a deal with Iran. Where's the ass kicking after all these weeks of saying, you know, we're going to negotiate. I know you keep saying, and you're right that, yeah, it could be closer than we know, top secret beyond the deal, I'm the curtain because the IRGC is never going to admit that, yeah, we're giving up a lot, and we have to, but we're close to a deal.
Speaker 2: It's definitely possible.
Speaker 4: But now the story is Trump has beaten the hell out of BB Netanyahu, telling him stop attacking Hesbelah because that's holding up the Iran deal, to which BB I'm sure he's a smart and wiley character for sure, but he ought to reply, No, No, there is no living with Hesbela. There's no such thing as a piece deal with Hesbelah, and they're an Iranian proxy. Now we're gonna kill him, is what we're gonna do. Yeah, we'll talk about that later. If you haven't heard Trump yelling at BB net yaho and drop a f bombs. The outrage in that really is that that leaked, That should not have leaked. Whoever leaked that as a bad human being. As Mark Helpern pointed out last night in his new show, the last five US presidents have lost their temper and cursed at BB Netanyahu.
Speaker 2: They all have it.
Speaker 4: Just that's the same situation trying to rein him in, and Obama did, and Bush did, and and uh and uh Biden did.
Speaker 2: Everybody. Everybody ends up in that situation where.
Speaker 5: They're like, whoa whoa, You're making life oh really hard for us right now trying to support you.
Speaker 2: I happen to agree with Netan Yahoo in this particular instance.
Speaker 4: But so that's you mean, every one of those guys was wrong about fundamental issues in the Middle East. See the The unique thing is that when Trump does something, it gets leaked to the media by somebody that wants to ruin ruin his life.
Speaker 5: But that is an interesting situation of Wall Street editorial board out today saying we got to go back to Bonham. You gotta have you gotta use your stick. That's our stick. You gotta bomb the crap out of them. You gotta make them submit. That's what wars are. You use violence until the other side submits.
Speaker 2: But correct. I'm not quite sure why Trump's unwilling to do that.
Speaker 5: There's something in his character that really really hates war, which I suppose is good to a certain extent.
Speaker 2: That might be it.
Speaker 4: Well, that's definitely part of his character. I'm not sure that's the controlling influence in this. I think part of it may be grossly overestimating the efficacy of air power and thinking it would be another quick and easy emission, and then finding himself enmeshed in something difficult to get out of and unwilling to do what it takes to get out of it. According to me in the editorial border of the journal, aren't heg.
Speaker 5: Zeth and Rubio saying to him, look, we got to pound them, Just pound them until they until they're either gone or they give in.
Speaker 4: They know there's no choice. I'd be shocked if that's not the case. Yeah, I think that absolutely. Those two guys are saying that, let's.
Speaker 5: Start the show officially. I'm Jack Armstrong, He's Joe Getty on this. It is Tuesday, June second, the year twenty twenty six. Wor I'm strong and getting. We approve of this program. All right, then let's begin.
Speaker 4: Officially according to FCC rules and regulations or just sticklers.
Speaker 2: We study them every day. Here we go at Mark.
Speaker 6: For the mayoral primary election in La Spencer. Pratt's name is first on the ballots. Yeah, right, which help since most voters are earned a rush because they're on fire.
Speaker 2: There. I'm being stabbed by junkies.
Speaker 5: I'm voting in person today. I want to go through that process. Plus in the town I live, and we got to very very contentious measure going on where there's people on every corner yesterday with signs trying to get you to vote yes or no on a certain thing, and everybody's got yard signs and everything. It's really a really hot one. So got me interested.
Speaker 4: Whether you're Marxists or Leninists. Can that sound? Was Trotsky writer, Robin, that's funny. I had one more comment. Eh, we'll talk about the whole.
Speaker 5: It looks like the seventeen seventy six fund one billion, seven hundred seventy six million dollar fund that Trump was going to use however he wanted is not going to happen.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: That he appear to be backing down in the face of widespread Republican opposition. Yeah, which is pretty interesting on its own. His ability to do whatever he wants seems to be limited. We've got headlines on the way and plenty of stuff to talk about. You can join us anytime if you have an opinion or any think we're wrong about some text line four one five two nine five kftc.
Speaker 2: Armstrong. Heyyeeddy, Hey, let's figure out who's reporting lot.
Speaker 4: It's the lead story with Heather Meyers, Heather, Joe Jack, good morning.
Speaker 1: Let's find out how the network started covering the news, starting with CNN California heads to the polls in wild races for governor and LA mayor. From Fox News, from Reality Tv to City Hall. Trump backed Spencer Pratt soores in LA mayor race as California vote, and from cal Matters California votes in most uncertain governor's primary in years.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's no clear front runner in either race, which is pretty interesting, you know, with the Republican in the mix.
Speaker 2: More analysis on.
Speaker 5: That, what it would mean, what it maybe already means for the whole progressive wing of the Democratic Party, goe.
Speaker 1: ABC News this morning, Trump Hurst at Net and Yahoo and call over Lebanon escalation sources say.
Speaker 2: More on that to come as well, Stay with us.
Speaker 1: From NBC this morning, Scott Pelly accuses CBS News as very wise of murdering sixty minutes.
Speaker 2: Asshat. Oh, I can't wait to talk about that pompous jackass.
Speaker 5: He is the most pompous man on planet Earth. Scott Pelly. Yeah, we will, and.
Speaker 4: He represents everything that was wrong with and killing sixty minutes.
Speaker 2: What again, I say, jackass.
Speaker 1: Scott Pelly impression. I take my glasses off and put one arm of the glass in between my teeth.
Speaker 2: Yes, exactly good move.
Speaker 1: From Fox News. Californians fleeing to Red States are driving up home prices and rents in their new cities.
Speaker 4: Data shows, Yeah, don't California my fill in the blank.
Speaker 1: From ABC News, Mexican authority say they found a nearly nine hundred foot tunnel in Tijuana that likely connects to a well known street in San Diego.
Speaker 5: Have you seen the video of this thing? Oh no, Wow, that's troubling that that existed.
Speaker 2: Still, it's how long heather Almost nine hundred feet, but it's.
Speaker 4: It's one of those that's like way bigger than it ought to be, really well lit, and I mean it looks like it was a well a California construction project.
Speaker 2: It would take twenty years to.
Speaker 4: Make that right, union workers.
Speaker 2: I think every environmental studies exactly. Yeah.
Speaker 1: From the Independent, breakthrough melanoma vaccine would slash risk at the deadliest cancer returning.
Speaker 2: Oh cool.
Speaker 5: And then there's really good news on the all pancreat I had a cancer front.
Speaker 2: We'll have to talk about both those.
Speaker 1: From NBC News. Serena Williams is returning to competitive tennis after a nearly four year absence.
Speaker 4: She's going to do the thing John McEnroe did in late age, be a doubles partner, and she'll probably be really good at it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, why not? She still enjoys the game. Good luck, go get.
Speaker 1: Him forty four years old.
Speaker 2: Good for her.
Speaker 1: From Fox News. The NFL's main social media accounts remained silent about Pride Month on its first day.
Speaker 4: Oh, the NFL, All right, the whole compulsory. You've got to go along with this or you're against it in some sort of bigot I want to address that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, coming up as well.
Speaker 4: Boy.
Speaker 1: And finally this morning from the Babylon Bee, Trump recognizes Pride Month by hosting soccer match on White House lawn.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I want to talk about that whole UFC fight on the on the White House lawn and the way that's being perceived.
Speaker 2: That's a good story right there. So you're you're your other job, is what Heather?
Speaker 1: I'm also a freelance correspondent for Newsmax, right and I'm busy this morning.
Speaker 2: And what are you talking about at Newsmax today? I'm interested this morning.
Speaker 1: I'm talking about the Bena Dryll challenge. Have you heard of this.
Speaker 2: No, is it a TikTok thing.
Speaker 1: It's a TikTok thing. It came around a couple of years ago. It's making a resurgence. Five teens were rushed to San Diego Area Children's hospital over the past week from purposely overdosing on large quantities of benadryl because they want these hallucination effects that we're talking all about that And really this has actually taken the lives of a couple of teens across the country from doing that.
Speaker 5: Wow, it just keeps getting worse than stupider. So the challenge now is take a ridiculous amount of medicine until your brain crashes that what kind of a challenge is that?
Speaker 1: That makes your heart race, your pupils dially. It's just I don't know what's worse this or the tide pods.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I am completely confident. Well, you know what, if the kids are like under fourteen, they don't have any judgment whatsoever. I'd have thought as a kid, I'd have thought, that's stupid. I'm not doing that. But you know, if the kids are young enough, you got to excuse them. The Internet is the most dangerous street in your town, and your kid is loose on.
Speaker 5: It, starting at a pretty young age and all day every day. Yep, certainly it's true. Well, thank you, Heather, we'll talk to you soon. We'll catch you bon a whole bunch of those stories that she just mentioned. The a really good point has been made to defend the UFC match on the White House lawn. If you haven't heard it. We are into Pride months, so all that stuff is starting to come round. The NFL has stayed silent on Pride months so far.
Speaker 4: How do you like that? Jiu jitsu? And it's quote unquote Pride months. It's not a national holiday. What's stop with that stuff? It's all the postmodernists of neo Marxists stuff.
Speaker 2: I will explain Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 7: Pratt released a final plea to voters on Monday, a seven minute video blasting Bass's policies on everything from homelessness to the response to the Palisades fire, and he specifically addressed people considering voting for Nythia Rahman, essentially saying that she has no chance.
Speaker 2: Voting for Nythia is a wasted vote. It's me versus Karen, it's changed versus more of the same.
Speaker 4: It's no longer question about me or Nitthia or Karen Nithia has no path to victory.
Speaker 2: Now it's me versus Karen.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 5: The way we do it in California or in LA for the mayor is you just got to make it in the top two and then you have the real race between the top two. And he's going to make the top two almost certainly. So it's Spencer Pratt, the Republican kind of versus Karen Bess, the sitting nut job mayor. Well, if Nythia Rahman, the Communist or to drop out, it's conceivable Pratt could get over fifty percent.
Speaker 2: Wow, that'd be something hoping for that. Anyway, more covered you on that a little bit later.
Speaker 5: We actually have Steve Hilton, the Republican governor who's hoping to make the top two in California.
Speaker 2: We're going to talk to him in our were two.
Speaker 5: Also coming up, how to bust an AI chat bot if it's pretending to be a person either you know one of those help things like you're on a website and they have a help for you, but it's actually I are you talking to somebody on the phone and you're wondering if it's AI.
Speaker 2: Got the way to bust it. I learned this yesterday. Well it's pretty good tip.
Speaker 5: Okay, so this I just came across this over the weekend and thought, yeah, that's so obviously. I wish I'd remembered that and thought about myself the jokes and complaining about the fact that Donald Trump is going to have a UFC match on the White House lawn and the pushback on that and how embarrassing it is for the country and how uh you know, it's undignified for the office and all that sort of stuff. Good job on people who were posting the videos of a year two years ago when Joe Biden had the big trans Pride festival on the White House lawn that included hopless women women using my finger quotes, dancing around and drag queens and all that sort of stuff. Okay, once you watch those videos and reminded what they did on the White House lawn, spare me the oh my god, this is the White House.
Speaker 2: You can't have UFC fighting.
Speaker 4: Not to mention, mixed martial arts is the new boxing, and there have been many US presidents who are boxing fans. So please stop with your performative outrage. But that's a great point.
Speaker 5: Drag Queen's dancing around in front of children on the White House lawn.
Speaker 4: So come on, wow, that's so good U Pride Month people, quote unquote, I actually was watching it, so I wish I wish I had known if they were real or not. That's one of the problems in modern media and with AI and everything like that, and actors and Chinese chatbots trying to stir up our politics or whatever. But I ended up on some posts on Twitter last night of lesbians just like regular run of the mill gay women who are like, please don't do this crazy LGBTQ plus Pride Month thing. It's embarrassing for all of us. It's making my life harder, not better, et cetera.
Speaker 2: Et cetera.
Speaker 4: Thank you practically stole the words out of my mouth. Is my various gay friends and associates and musical partners and you know, have known through the years.
Speaker 2: I absolutely nothing about against gay people.
Speaker 4: You know, whatever gay rights and basic issue is out there, I'm in favor of it. I don't believe in discriminating against people people ought to be who they are, and I don't care. It's none of my business. But what I hate about so called Pride Month is that it's becoming this obligatory show of goodness. You must express support for this notion or you're an anti gay bigot. And but how ballsy was it to go for a month as opposed to a day, right, right, a fortnight.
Speaker 2: An entire month. But here's the part I object to.
Speaker 4: They cleverly in the postmodernist, neo Marxist left, they're trying to mobilize all of the sexual minorities to overthrow Western civilization.
Speaker 2: It's part of the strategy.
Speaker 4: Just every minority, racial, religious, sexual, so called gender, whatever they're oppressing you, you have to join together with us and the Palestinians to overthrow Western civilization because they're so oppressive. Right, So they've roped in with gay people and bisexuals. There's half of me that's jealous. Twice the chances on Friday night anyway.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: But with all that, they'd thrown in the trans and the queer, which merely means politically radicalized, and the I like to have sex with cats and just whatever could conceivably be conceived. I'm supposed to express pride in that as well and endorse that.
Speaker 2: And they keep expanding what that category is.
Speaker 4: So that and trust me on this, I paid a lot of money for an education in this and I read every day so that if you come out against the fourteenth letter of the LGBTQ plus minus over the power for group, you're a bigot and a hateful person. So no one can stand up against neo Marxism.
Speaker 2: That's what it's all about.
Speaker 4: They make it obligatory to endorse whatever, because where does that list end?
Speaker 2: They will tell you.
Speaker 5: I like the fact that if so, it's not even that if you come out against something like that. That headline that Heather had about the NFL is still silent on their website about Pride month. So the fact that they just are neutral is being attacked in some quarters as not on board enough.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and what oh, I had something else that was so good? And you know why.
Speaker 5: That is probably why the NFL's tied in knots about it, because it's a heavily the Black league in the black community ain't quite as down with a lot of the stuff further down the letter train stuff as white graduate degree women are across America exactly.
Speaker 4: But people are still looking at the NFL like, why aren't you down with this, because in the midst of the George Floyd madness, the fever that if you're down with one progressive cause, you must be down with all of them was really running hot. And so you had the NFL saying, Hey, the progressives are telling us we got to fly.
Speaker 2: The rainbow flag. We got to do it.
Speaker 4: We gotta do it or we'll be called bigots and they'll bring us down to at that point in American history where everybody who's so terrified of the progressive mafia, the progressive lynch mobs, that they would just do whatever they asked, which led to stuff like you know, raininbow flags at the NFL games. Why would the NFL take any interest in that at all. It's not a major civil rights issue. People have everything, they want, everything they deserve. Anyway, I wanted to bring this to you because it's an illustration where I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: It's from the New York Post.
Speaker 4: Maybe you heard about this at the violent riots at Delaney Hall in New Jersey over the ice facility. One of the rioters who bit an officer and kicked them.
Speaker 2: And when I say bit, the wounds are horrible, horrible. It looks like he was attacked by like a pit bull.
Speaker 4: He's bleeding and it's just the skin is way broken. And anyway, this guy whose name is Brendan John Geyer, aged twenty six, who has arrested assaulting a federal officer causing bodily injury, blah blah blah, he was previously charged with sexual abuse of children related to the dissemination and possession of child pornography. And that might seem kind of and unrelated to you, but it reminded me of and I can't remember if it was Andy Know or somebody else, went through the sixteen or so people who were arrested at a violent ANTIFA assault in Portland, and they went through each of their social media profiles and the number of them who were either transgender, and that was like half of them at least, or furries or other like way out their sexual minorities was unbelievable. And you're asking yourself, so what's the next here? It was what I was just talking about. So the violent leftist politically leftist rioters are the agitated, whipped up sexual minorities. How do you go from I like to dress up like a fox and it makes me feel sexy too. I want to smash a cop in his face because of immigration issues. So what I'm always talking about, it's the Omnik cause the all minorities have to come together and overthrow Western civilization. It's a perfect illustration of that. And this guy's one of those guys.
Speaker 5: If I had the time, if I wasn't busy parenting kids all the time, I would I would like to infiltrate this stuff just to hear it. I'd, you know, get as close as I could. Go to meetings, you know, get the approval to go to the next meeting. I would like to hear when you get to the level where they actually explain to you what they're doing.
Speaker 4: You know, I don't know if the brains behind it ever do explain. And I know you've led you've read both Marx and Lenin where they explain that, look, the proletariat can't be they don't get it. They're not smart enough, they're not motivated enough. We have to get them to do this. I think the leaders of it would just say, no, we don't exactly explain that. We just tell them they're being oppressed. And the entire world's divided into oppressed and oppressor, and you got to fight the oppressors.
Speaker 5: But nobody raises their hand and says, I'm a free What do I care about legal immigration detention facilities?
Speaker 2: All right, you'd think they would.
Speaker 4: But the ultimate proof of what I'm saying is queer for Palestine. The fact that they show up is well, you're saying, well, yeah, that's true too, but of course for Palestine, it's one of the most hilariously bizarre things that have ever existed on Earth, true tot So, yeah, they torture you and kill you and throw you off a building for being who you are.
Speaker 2: Soon anyway, that's the omnikos.
Speaker 5: Are we telling people about a cognate here, Michael, I love doing that. This is going to make your life better. It really really is. And I hope you uh, I hope you believe it's in cognate. It's like a take on the word incognito. It's I n cog and I in cognate. And if you're an incognito mode on your phone or your computer whatever, you ain't actually incognito. All kinds of different websites are still grabbing all your information and all your data and that sort of stuff, and they sell it to people and they use it themselves, and that's why you get all these spam calls, spam emails, spam texts, oftentimes people trying to rip you off, and you want it to stop. Of course, you want it to stop, and you can do that within cogny. It's pretty awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's amazing.
Speaker 4: Right now, criminals are buying your phone number and your family details from data brokers. Then they grab three seconds of your kid's voice off of video and clone it with AI to make the call to rip you off your kids saying they've been in an accident and they need money. Wired right now, that's what scammers are doing. Rely on Incognitate, contacts hundreds of data brokers, forces them to delete your personal info, then keeps it gone. It costs about seven dollars a month worth. Every penny go to incogniti dot com slash armstrong. That's in cogni dot com slash armstrong.
Speaker 5: Yeah, as it says Harro, I mean, here's the commercial transitioning into the actual topic I want to talk about here. You can't stop them from cloning a voice, but you can make sure they never get your number in the first place.
Speaker 2: How about that that.
Speaker 5: The bad guys out there are getting some of the audio of you or your mom or your kid or whatever and can fool you in a phone call or whatever. That I mean, we are living in such a weird time for that. Anyway, I wanted to get to the how you bust an AI chap bot and this will just take This won't take very long because we got to get jailbag. So anytime you go to a website now down in the corner, it says would you like an assistant? And sometimes it says virtual assistant, sometimes it just says assistant. And it seems pretty clear right off the bat that you're texting with an AI chatbot or whatever. Or worse yet, when you're on the phone, they talk kind of haltingly and weird, and you wonder is this a human being or not. I heard this tip yesterday. Ask it a random trivia question, because AI chatbots don't know that's weird. So if you ask a real person who was Pope in fifteen eighty eight, they'll say what what? If you ask a random chat bot, they're gonna say Pius the second.
Speaker 2: Because they don't know that's a weird question. Oh, do have funny. Wow, Yeah, that's great.
Speaker 4: That's Did they do that consistently or I don't know how chatbots work exactly in that context, or would they just say I'm sorry, could you repeat that?
Speaker 2: Or did you say account number? But that is one of the things that chatbots don't get right. That is funny.
Speaker 4: I don't know what person say, What the hell? Why did you just ask me that we're talking about insurance? And no, I don't know that. How would anybody know that? Okay, we got mail bag on the way next day.
Speaker 5: Here to Jesus, one man has the six hundred and forty thousand dollars electric Ferrari been a bust already. And two we haven't even mentioned the attack on Ukraine overnight from Russia. Just it's still going on. Quite a few people dead, and this is like a big push by Russia to get to the city center of Kiev and a whole bunch of other cities.
Speaker 2: More on that later.
Speaker 4: Here's your freedom loving quote of the day, going back to our list on optimism. Nelson Mandela from his autobiography, I am fundamentally an optimist. Whether that comes from nurture or nature, I cannot say.
Speaker 2: Part of let's get off my screen. You pop up, bastard.
Speaker 4: Part of being optimistic is keeping one's head pointed toward the sun, one's feet and moving forward. There were many dark moments when my faith in humanity was sorely tested, but I would not and could not, give myself up to despair. That way lay's defeat and death.
Speaker 5: You know, we should talk about this more later, this whole thing, because I've known some pretty successful pess and mostly I think being an optimist is a good idea. But I've known some pretty damned successful pessimists. And there are some historically and then some just pul true optimists. So it were wrong way. Yeah, that's an interesting discussion. Yeah, mail bag, Yeah, yeah, yeah, drop us note mail bag at Armstrong and get a dot com.
Speaker 2: I'll read that later.
Speaker 4: Here's a nice note from David, one of the few friends I have left in the Golden State, happens to be a poll worker in so Cow Dave from South Carolina.
Speaker 5: You mean like a stripper or somebody working in the election. That one, the second one, this is from the horse's mouth. If they want a ballot, they get a ballot.
Speaker 4: This is in quotes. We can't ask for an ID. Everyone in California gets some sent a mail in ballot. We cannot ask if they already used it, did they lose it, did they not get it? We give them another. If they look too young, we can't ask their age, We give them a ballot. I only do this job because it's the easiest twenty three bucks an hour I ever made, just handing out ballots to whoever wants one. I asked her, so, how do you know they don't go to another place and vote again?
Speaker 2: She said, we don't, Okay, So.
Speaker 4: With that, how can anyone in California think any political races are legit?
Speaker 2: Someone tell me I'm gonna test that premise today.
Speaker 5: I actually thought, I'm I don't know where the because since I moved, I don't know where the polling place is for where I live now. I'm just gonna go to one downtown and just try to vote there and see what happens.
Speaker 2: And I'll bet they let me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and don't you your address call him a racist. I don't want to end up in prison trying to make a point. Would they throw you in prison but then go to another polling place and vote again?
Speaker 2: That'd be kind of fun. When they find out you're a conservative, they might throw you in prison.
Speaker 4: Ah. Here's a nice note from Oriyan in Houston. Dear cold Warrior and steak eating Dad, your thought that you and your sons might go on a stunt eating tour?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 2: Henry brought that up again yesterday.
Speaker 4: Craziest and best idea anyone's ever heard. Anyway, Guys, Jack, I just found out there is a traveling road show, the Big Texan Road Show Seventy two Ounce Steak Tour, bringing the Amarillo seventy two Ounce Challenge to cities all over the country, including cal Unicornea. Perhaps your son can chow down on a giant steak and not have to leave the Golden State.
Speaker 2: Love that. Let's see.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's gonna be a Santa Monarca, Pasadena, Barstowe Needles than Flagstaff, Arizona, onto Amarillo, Texas, Oh, Okay City, Okay, Tulsa, Springfield, Illinois.
Speaker 5: Right, sounds like it's a Route sixty six thing almost certainly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, fantastic. I love that idea. Let's see. How about Paolo on Ai?
Speaker 4: I keep hearing sky is falling pronouncements on Ai the loudest pronouncers seem to have no viable suggestions about how we respond to the falling sky. Many imply that we should simply slow or stop its progress. We can't the genius out of the bottle. It's really not such a different genie then we've dealt with in the past, just a much faster one. Maybe he's right, maybe he's wrong, but he's definitely right about this part. Human knowledge and capability continue to threaten progress faster than we developed the wisdom to manage to them well. AI is potential to do previously unimagined good. Anything so powerful also has the potential to do great harm or challenge to make sure it serves us well. And this is the important part. There's no opting out of the challenge, true, and no slowing it down. Every single person and thought that I've heard expressed on the we need to regulate it. We need to be careful, we need to slow down, we need to sing. What about China? Is always my response, What about China and North Korea and Russia? Whatever, they're forging ahead as fast as they possibly can. They're outside your net. Friend, I did hear a good suggestion for a law around AI.
Speaker 5: Maybe I'll get to that later in the show that I think would be workable. Yeah, we're about out of time, Okate. We got lots of news to get to a bunch of the stuff that we mentioned, some of it really fun. If you don't hear it on the radio, get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand Armstrong and Getty