Speaker 1: It's nine O gene one O engine with Jenny Garth and Tory spelling.
Speaker 2: Okay, you guys, so we definitely know who Susan is this week?
Speaker 1: Right, Susan is, it turns out, is a main character in the show What Happens?
Speaker 3: To my point, I knew it in my soul, but I was.
Speaker 1: So convincing in my issues with memory that I messed up your memory.
Speaker 2: I'm going to go with it was like a premonition. It was like you predicted that it wasn't Susan, it was ak Nancy. Nancy that that was my notehead of your time see joy, Now we know that Nancy, that's who I was thinking of, mister that.
Speaker 4: It was what we all learn in this episode. But I didn't trust my instincts. I was like, I must be remembering it wrong. It must be this weird car accident. Yeah, when I was right, and I should have said it out loud, right, I thought it was the maybe.
Speaker 1: Yes, I heard podcasts listen on the iHeartRadio app. Oh my gosh, can you believe in this episode? And how like timely it is that this whole like election that's happening in what a week and a half or something so wild.
Speaker 2: How we're always on point kind of yes.
Speaker 4: And ahead of the time, you know what I mean, Like, I feel like you're and I give this to your dad credit, but I'm sure it was Darren Starr and everybody else.
Speaker 3: They were so willing to talk about these things.
Speaker 4: And cover these issues and talk about them in such a different way than other shows.
Speaker 1: It's just wild to me that we are, what is it, thirty eight forty I don't even know, years later dealing with this in this same issue.
Speaker 2: For really, Jenny, I think you were saying our ages For a second. I got it excited when you said thirty.
Speaker 4: I was like, is she talking about Roe v Wade? The show was five years a five years.
Speaker 1: Ago, yeah, close to forty rounded up people, yep, Yeah, suddenly.
Speaker 3: We were all sixty.
Speaker 2: I was like, wait, oh, I have something really exciting to announce. I'd like to go on the record and tell you guys, this is one of the first episodes this season that I didn't fast forward through. I was riveted. Like, there wasn't one scene that I was like, Eh, I know, it's good.
Speaker 3: It's very good. Also, look at my shirt I'm wearing my I'm a voter shirt today, which nice. This kind of ties into this whole episode. I already voted.
Speaker 1: Where's my water bottle, you guys, I have a voter sticker on my water bottle. I was going to show you, but really.
Speaker 3: We're just super perched, you guys.
Speaker 1: I need a water bottle.
Speaker 2: They can't see it anyway, bottom of my water bottle, and I'm always like going up to people and drinking.
Speaker 3: Do you guys remember this episode at all? Do you remember this?
Speaker 4: I mean, it was so it's so such a heavy, big topic. I would think it kind of Dan's out, Oh there it is.
Speaker 3: Oh that's cute.
Speaker 4: So when Jenny drinks her out of her water on the bottom, it says I'm a voter, or says I voted.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah. I mean it's very Susan centric episode. She's like.
Speaker 1: And she's a great actress, you guys. Like, I really am a fan of like her acting. I love watching her. I think she's super interesting and she makes interesting choices, like I like the character. For me, that character is just never like you. I think I've said this before. It's never really in my mind gone as well with the show or the rest of the characters are something.
Speaker 4: Maybe you're onto something there. She just doesn't mesh with the group, maybe, like I don't.
Speaker 2: Know what we're evolving, but I like the scene with her and Jonathan, the scenes plural, Like, I wasn't mad that we weren't focusing on a main character, and usually we're like, get back to the main cast. Emma Cawfield is so great. Obviously she went on. She was in Buffy the Vampire Slayer and everything. But Agatha all along right now on Disney Plus she's in and she's so good.
Speaker 3: Are you serious?
Speaker 4: Wait, I've been wanting to watch that because I love Catherine Hahn. I'm so glad you mentioned that I loved the show. That it's a spin off from that other show which I can't remember now. I did not know, so Agatha along as a spinoff from some other show that was like WandaVision, Thank you Easton.
Speaker 3: It's that was so good. Okay, I'm gonna start watching that.
Speaker 2: She's in It is, yeah, totally different character.
Speaker 3: Cool, I'll start watching that oka.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, she's a good actress and also crazy resemblance between when you see Jonathan and Brandon side by side, they're you know, the exact same time. Ye, same look, same jaw.
Speaker 4: Really, I just don't wait, I think Jason Priestley is way hotter.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I know that's I just think he's so cute. Sorry, what is that not a dig on Jonathan?
Speaker 2: Either of them are as hot as Chancellor Arnold though, Oh my god Arnold. You know he ran to be in this episode.
Speaker 3: Character we brought back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was like, why, why why is this person coming back?
Speaker 4: I mean interesting? And yet I don't know we can dig into that. I guess I guess wh would just start going through it.
Speaker 1: Let's do it, okay. Season six, episode nineteen Nancy's Choice aired January thirty first, nineteen ninety six.
Speaker 2: And wait for the shortest synopsis ever. Susan's secret is revealed when we finally find out who Nancy is and who Susan is. Colin is cashing in on his art while Kelly is falling behind her classes. Meanwhile, Elle Oh is back. I'm still bas King of Peaky.
Speaker 1: Directed by James Whitmore Junior, written by John Eisendra. Yeah, that was my question too, Why.
Speaker 3: What a peaky?
Speaker 2: That's what Steve called a peaky? Why did he called you? Probably like that word?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, No, it's.
Speaker 3: Not a peaky it's a piecie. So many sort of thing. There's things I don't like.
Speaker 1: A pie is always called a ding ding dingling for like a little baby boy, a pie is peci and called it peepy winker.
Speaker 2: So many.
Speaker 3: I think it was called a peepee.
Speaker 2: Guess girls privates when they're little. Yeah, because I grew up calling yeah, telling my kids it was because you said it.
Speaker 3: What did you call it? What did you call it? A woodle? A?
Speaker 5: Wo?
Speaker 4: You know, I guess they don't do that anymore when he needs to call things by the proper names.
Speaker 3: Now, it's like the name.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I don't know who came out with it, but yeah, not even clinical.
Speaker 1: Did you guys notice what a jerk Steve is.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's what I was gonna say. Just don't he's so globes.
Speaker 1: He's all the flobe rolled up into Steve Sanders. I cannot handle the way he's so disgusted by Ah, this person that's on the show. He so gets the creepy vibes whenever he looks at her, thinks of her. It's really bad representation.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's like to be so ahead of its time and yet not in the same episode.
Speaker 3: It's like, wow, okay.
Speaker 2: Well I was offended at first when they're shopping and sorry, we're not sorry. The petul said, okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, good, let's give me the shopping.
Speaker 2: But he was just openly checking girls out in front of Claire. So I didn't know where it was going at. So, but I was just like horrified. I was like, what is wrong with him?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I was major turned off by that too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they are a strange couple, but like it's weird, but good for them for her being so you know, and she doesn't care what he does.
Speaker 4: I think they are the ultimate not that into each other couple, Like they just that's why they're like they don't care, because we don't even really like each other.
Speaker 5: That's so weird.
Speaker 1: So what we can Okay, well we go first, we started the California University, where we find out that Susan's up for an award because of an article that she wrote called Nancy's Choice. And we find out that Jonathan is going to be coming back. Not only is he coming back, he.
Speaker 3: Can't lose that guy. He's really around in.
Speaker 1: The entire Condor's Nest office, everybody loves Jonathan, except yeah, are at the mini bar. Brandon gets annoyed and he leaves, and he finds out that Jonathan's going to be attending the awards ceremony with Susan, and he's starts acting like a big baby.
Speaker 2: We can that because if you like, look how he is with you with Kelly, like he can't get upset about her ex he can.
Speaker 3: But you're right, and it's a little hypocritical.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I just thought it was kind of grody the way he was acting like such a baby.
Speaker 4: But also, Susan's a little too into Jonathan for my taste.
Speaker 3: Really, I get it, I get it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she's just a little bit too Like, I don't know, she's very I there's just that that's my overall sort of impression is like she's she's not really she's like likes Brandon and is you're my day like that, but like she's she's so always chasing after that guy kind of but.
Speaker 1: Especially too if she's like I had this experience with him, right, and then feels the way that she does about how he handled it, why would she still be so like protective of him and wanting him around all the time. It doesn't really mind.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a little messy. Now I understand.
Speaker 4: I think he did the right thing too, I mean, which we'll get into. He was trying to do the right thing and she was doing the right thing for herself, which is like what you would They all were doing the right thing.
Speaker 2: I have not seen this episode. Should we say what Nancy's choice is?
Speaker 4: Just?
Speaker 3: Yeah, of course, who hasn't it.
Speaker 2: I hadn't until I watched it.
Speaker 3: Jen, I've never saved it in my life.
Speaker 1: No, I didn't know what that was either. That wasn't just the name of her article.
Speaker 4: Wow, she's talking about Nancy's choice, which was, you know, keep the baby, have an abortion.
Speaker 1: Nancy being Susan, Susan's right to have an abortion.
Speaker 2: Yes, So at first, when she's talking about Nancy, I was like, oh, I need to go back. It was Nancy, her sister. I couldn't remember, because I know she was. I talked her into rating the article and I was like, shoot, it got confused who Nancy was, which we find out at the end. Immediately, always know. I know immediately I didn't know, and I think it's.
Speaker 1: Because my members started. I was like, well, it's obvious. I could you know, it's not that secret at this point, like they've led up to this for so long with something. Then you're like, oh, well, that's mostly what it was. And I could kind of tell from the beginning that that's where it was going, but I didn't for it.
Speaker 2: I didn't know.
Speaker 4: It all came back to me. But it's not like a big red herring. It's sort of like pretty obvious.
Speaker 1: Right right where you're like, we find out that Kelly's been her teacher's office and she's confronted about missing too much class, and.
Speaker 2: That refer to you because we only went to college on TV.
Speaker 4: A college not so huge that yes, CEU is like UCLA, right, we're all supposed to assume it's UCLA or USC right. Never you're your professor would never call you and be like are you okay? They don't know you, and they're just gonna give you an F, like if you're not and or one of two things would happen. You'd get an F if attendance counted, which occasionally it did, or you're gonna get a grade based on your work, Like I had classes that I barely ever went to and I got like a B in them. Because I just did all the papers and all the work. The professor doesn't know if you're there or not. There's five hundred people in the class.
Speaker 3: They don't know.
Speaker 2: She's obsessed with Kelly. She knows if she's there or not. Yeah, they're very close.
Speaker 1: Those two.
Speaker 3: We made see you like a high school, right, even though it's not. Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: They kind of have that like it's very sort of trying to use those elements in the storytelling, whereas college is novels. I mean if yes, there's private colleges that are very small, but not like UCLA. They wouldn't if you're there or not.
Speaker 1: We also find out that Claire is walking with her dad and she tells him that he should be a little less picky with women so he can find a partner.
Speaker 3: Just leading us to the storyline.
Speaker 2: Claire's dressed and choker in that what's every purple velvet?
Speaker 1: And she looked really cute, but so did Professor Arnold Arnold.
Speaker 2: He's so cute.
Speaker 1: I just want to put him in my pocket.
Speaker 3: Arnold was really in my face.
Speaker 2: So thank you. If you had to choose between Jim Walsh or Chancellor Arnold.
Speaker 3: Oh, come on.
Speaker 1: That's like asking me to choose between salt and salt.
Speaker 5: She loves salt.
Speaker 1: I would have to go with Chancellor Arnold. I like, well, guys, I don't know how to tell.
Speaker 3: You see either of them at all? Whatsoever.
Speaker 4: I'm like, I like Harrison Ford. So it's not like I meet on the young guys. I just don't say them.
Speaker 2: If Chancellor Arnold was in a pair of suspenders like chim Wal, you would lose your mind.
Speaker 1: Yeah, have any hair on his chest? I'd be in Rodeo drive, the old one. That's where he spots l who. Funny enough is wearing red to remind us that that's the same character he was making out with him Palm Springs.
Speaker 3: I had no problem remembering Elle.
Speaker 1: No, no problem. She is beautiful.
Speaker 3: Yes, I agree?
Speaker 1: Who is this goddess?
Speaker 4: Monica Schnar interesting because I and I don't want to be wrong, but I think she's played by a female actress. Correct, she's a real estate agent now in Canada. She got a real estate license during the pandemic six ' one she's six to one.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So it's kind of like, wait, why is this character coming back? I didn't really know where this was going, but honestly, I was getting like a little tired of the back and forth about.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's not my favorite storyline. It's sort of just weird. It feels weird.
Speaker 2: Lambs versus muscles. I know that one sent you over that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it feels like again, this episode is so on point and ahead of its time, and then also so like leaning into sort of a joke that's not funny for me. I was like, I'm not amused by this at all.
Speaker 1: At the Peachmit, we see that Joe and Donna are planning a weekend getaway and then Kelly comes over and Donna says that you must confuse me for a friend of yours.
Speaker 3: Your ex friend, Donna, that was harsh way to not help your friend when she's down. That was shocking from Donna.
Speaker 2: I was uncomfortable with it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she backpedals it real fast. Yeah, you were a bit of a bee there for a second.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: I guess her feelings were very hurt that Kelly wasn't there for her when when dealing with the Joe thing.
Speaker 3: But Joe's heart, Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I feel like that was not totally true to Donna because Donna would have been caring about whatever was going on with Kelly, and you do backpedal it quickly, but that was that was harsh.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh, wait, you guys, I just remembered, didn't we leave last week on a cliffhanger? Joe went down on the stairs. Am I remembering this wrong?
Speaker 3: Yeah? No, you're correct. They sort of skirted pasta.
Speaker 2: They didn't address it. It's gone.
Speaker 1: Wait, you were so right. Oh my god, explained to the people in case they forgot.
Speaker 2: Okay, so last week we found out Joe has a heart condition, that Susan was gonna out him in the paper because Donna confided in Brandon, who told Susan and doctor Martin saw Joe. He also got another opinion. Yeah, get to the opinion. Gets to the chase, Get to the chase. He went down on the bleachers after running fifty million stairs or whatever and grabbed his heart and then we never address it. They're going to Santa Barbara.
Speaker 3: Well, what's this episode called again?
Speaker 2: Nancy's choice?
Speaker 3: Are we watching out of order? Wait? What we're not?
Speaker 2: But like, no, you guys, a scene must have been cut music somemore.
Speaker 4: I'm wondering if next week it goes, it comes up again because his football career is over.
Speaker 3: I know he went down.
Speaker 2: It was a cliff finger. He clutched his chest.
Speaker 3: This is so bizarre.
Speaker 1: I wonder if anybody out there knows what the heck happened. But I don't think it was like a music thing where they usually cut out stuff because.
Speaker 3: Of the musical.
Speaker 4: Because his football I know his football career ends, right, he's he can't play football anymore.
Speaker 3: That becomes like a big storyline.
Speaker 2: Would you tell us that?
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, I'm trying to say that, like, why don't understand what's happening week? So I'm saying we go back to it, But why would we go back to it weeks later?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because there is no mention of it in this episode.
Speaker 2: Weird. I was just trying to think, like, why is Donna so upset with Kelly?
Speaker 4: But it was that we come back to it in two more weeks Bleeding Hearts, so there's still ginger. Leah Monica comes back and then we come back to it, but not like time has passed.
Speaker 2: We don't even do cliffhangers. And they did one and then.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it stood out to you so much that you were like wait was that a cliffhanger?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and we have weeks more of Kelly's drug addiction.
Speaker 3: Oh, it just goes on and on.
Speaker 1: So that's yeah, that's where we find out that Kelly apologizes for being a bad friend, and I don't know where that relationship was left. But we go to the Walsh House where Brandon is training Claire and Steve to make sure that Jonathan has a tear time at the awards ceremony, which I thought was kind of funny.
Speaker 2: It was cute.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh boy, And that's I think that's the same scenes where that's when Steve calls Elle Well says that Elle has a peaky.
Speaker 2: Peaky not a peep Peeky never heard that before.
Speaker 4: Just wanted to be done with the whole storyline and then the whole like of course Chancellor Arnold now is into her, and it's just like it's just not I didn't like.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh, come on.
Speaker 1: But we go to Colin's art studio, where we see the Vale is very invested in Colin's beautiful artwork.
Speaker 2: Someone really wanted Purple to be like the through line fashion wise in this episode? Am I wrong?
Speaker 1: She was wearing a lot she was she had her Oprah moment in this episode? Yeah it was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so Claire Ward and valel and so distracted by Colin's art, I couldn't look at anything else.
Speaker 1: Are they are a modern artist that is actually selling? Is that what they? I feel bad because maybe the artist of the actual art work is listening. No of fens. But that's not good.
Speaker 2: You feel worse about that?
Speaker 3: Flattered?
Speaker 4: Right? I think this last week isn't a lot of his art just looked like paint.
Speaker 3: Through at the wall.
Speaker 2: Wait, it's like flatter art. It's like, want to license it? I'm sorry to thank someone just.
Speaker 3: Twenty five hundred dollars of painting.
Speaker 4: Although I often like they don't license art, right, so they paint it for the show, which is like a little known fact. But I like the sometimes the shows have awesome arts. Where are where is all that shows?
Speaker 2: What shows? You referring to it?
Speaker 3: Do you want me to tell you guys a little secret?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Didn't you tell.
Speaker 2: I? Do?
Speaker 3: I think I've told this story before? I have bachelor art? Do you want me to? I could take my phone and show it to you guys. I'll send a picture.
Speaker 4: But yeah, same thing as this, so like they have an artist that does it, you know, does the art, and it's some wish I had. I would take a Colin a Colon and people really like us calling him.
Speaker 1: Coland do an original. Well, Kelly comes in and but first Colin Colon, Sorry I forgot his name. Colon tells val that he's not abusing, he's just using. So he got things that was ridiculous.
Speaker 3: He's got it all under control.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Then Kelly walks in and obviously she's curious why Valerie's there, and Valerie says that she doesn't care if Kelly throws her life away, but Colan has too much talent to throw away his.
Speaker 2: I got to say, though, when you went after her outside, I got really excited for this confrontation, which wasn't really I mean, it was fine.
Speaker 3: It's more.
Speaker 1: You hate for confrontation, but only when it's you, when you let other people out.
Speaker 2: Well, I just wanted to see, like I like the Kelly val thing. I love it, so I just want I was like, oh, I was waiting for you to give a tour.
Speaker 1: But it's always fun. You two strong opinions collide, they do not like each other. I love that because Tiffany and I were such good friends and it was always so fun to play that like that, like turmoil between those characters.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So there they are Kelly and Colon having a great time. They say they're not going to use They keep talking about how they're not going to do it anymore, and then they have the breakfast of champions.
Speaker 2: Hovered over the mirror.
Speaker 1: Is that do you have to use the mirror? Should I ask this question?
Speaker 2: Or you look so good? And then you know what?
Speaker 1: You love that the nose shot?
Speaker 2: You have a perfect nose? Yes, yes, you know. I'm a noseperson and I did I thought you looked So it was such a cool like for its time, like Edgy Shot. There were a lot of close ups in this episode of things and Sorry, I'm gonna go back, but like the Fruit Bowl and see You, it was really highlighted at I don't know when Jonathan and I have a point here. Sorry, I'm gonna get to a faster Jonathan and Susan like Fruit Bowl, and then at Colon's the candles, they really focused on the candles. Now, the yellow and white ones really sent me over the edge more than his art. The taper do you want I'm talking about you, guys.
Speaker 3: I liked it.
Speaker 1: I thought it looked like artsy, like.
Speaker 2: Those okay, great, you know what I'm getting you for Christmas? Like they were horrible. But then they really focused on the big thick candle that was like for her pleasure, Like it was like, what was that candle? They were hop Sorry all the go back to the cocaine.
Speaker 1: You get so mad when Amy and I are obsessed about like locations or cars or.
Speaker 2: Something that's dated but don't interest me.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now this is where both Amy and are like Wardrobe and de Corps to me. So it goes on to uh back to the condoors nest, where Brandon is still annoyed with Susan condors nested by the way, and he says basically that he's now not going to go to the award show. Okay, don't go.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, he's being so annoying. She's being annoying, He's being annoying, Jonathan's annoying. I find them all tiny bit, tiny bit grating. But also I really like the storyline.
Speaker 1: I don't know, Yeah, you endure it just to get to the Yeah, a storyline is excellent.
Speaker 2: I like her though in this. I really just don't like his look. I'm sorry, be shallow. I don't know. I don't like him.
Speaker 4: His whole way is annoying and all always dig it like kind of poking Brandon.
Speaker 1: I think he's hot, broh, Like I said, I think he's hot.
Speaker 3: I feel like he's sort of disrespectful to Brandon.
Speaker 1: It's like Brandon over the place this episode always always I'm very unpredictable. We go to the awards ceremony and of course they spot beautiful l there at the event and Claire's dad, Arnold. Arnold is smitten with her, and it's so cute to see gets all spruce. He's all like prickled up, very excited to see this lovely lady paying attention to him. She said, he got his prickles up.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: Then we go to the peach Bit. We see Brandon complaining about Jonathan to Nat and I feel like I've seen this scene fourth time.
Speaker 3: Correct, Jenny, correct.
Speaker 1: But you know that's what people do. They go to Nat to get like pep pepped up and fired up.
Speaker 3: And he sets them on the right path.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just like yeah, And then you know, back to the to the what is this an Awards ceremony for journalism.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sort of the College Pulitzer Prize Awards. I was sort of thinking anyway, Yeah, it's a rubber chicken dinner, as they say, which I just learned what that is so funny.
Speaker 1: And Claire and everybody's basically getting a hoot out of the fact that her dad is flirting with l Brandon chows up to Jonathan's surprise, and Steve calls Elle Shahie, oh boy, so bad the things that we goe away with on this well not we that they got away with on.
Speaker 2: This show, and take yourself out of that. Yeah, I stuff yep.
Speaker 1: Then we got back to the beach bit and David and Kelly have a nice little scene together where Kelly tells him, you know, you're not your sister's keeper, and she promises him that they aren't doing drugs anymore, but David warns her about white knuckles so bad.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and before she is a good point. That is actually a well said point.
Speaker 2: And I was thinking, really great in that scene.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I always love.
Speaker 1: The scenes between Kelly and David. But how does he know so much about.
Speaker 3: Because he was a drugs recovering addict? Yeah, Okay, that's the radio station.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, he was on orange juice and what.
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 3: He was something so weird crystal meth. I think, yeah, which was so crazy.
Speaker 1: I was trying to remember because there's been so many people through so many things at this point.
Speaker 3: He bounced back from it real quick. His addiction.
Speaker 1: He should be a counselor he's really good at it.
Speaker 3: This is the big drug thing.
Speaker 4: When Kelly just goes down hard and it's a way is We've got a ways to go with it.
Speaker 1: I thought she was over it an episode. I was kind of exciting.
Speaker 3: No, you're going to rehab in a few weeks. What you don't remember rehab?
Speaker 1: No? Yeah, no, I don't remember.
Speaker 3: You're getting kicked out of the apartment soon too?
Speaker 2: What what? I would never? What must have been Claire?
Speaker 3: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: Wait?
Speaker 3: Where is she going to go?
Speaker 2: Then? Oh? Is this when she comes home with a single white female after rehab happening?
Speaker 1: You guys?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Ye, no, sorry it up.
Speaker 4: We're spicing it up by going through nine episodes. Minutes anyway, continue.
Speaker 3: That's kind of fun.
Speaker 1: That's like fast, like a decade Susan Windsley Award. She says a very beautiful speech. Yeah, and then we see her go outside where she confesses to Brandon that she is Nancy, Thank you very much.
Speaker 4: Yeah, any doubts you had when she did the speech, You're like, it's she's Nancy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I give another fashion.
Speaker 3: Yeah, of course please.
Speaker 2: Yes. So Susan's dress was like the Susan like work version of like iconic Kelly and Brenda dress because it was white and black, right, but it was like the collar. I don't know, that's all I could think of when I was watching.
Speaker 3: I didn't think of that I either.
Speaker 2: I don't think anybody did.
Speaker 4: So fashion is very not I'm not seeing it, do you know what I mean? Like, it's very kind of bland to me in this this season.
Speaker 3: I don't I'm so sorry.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 4: It's just kind of like there, but I'm nothing standing out like it used to to me.
Speaker 3: Hensy was the late nineties. The fashion was, in my opinion.
Speaker 1: Not the best. Well, this is where Susan says to Jonathan, you were pro choice until you realize you didn't have one. And I had to like go back and listen to that line again to sort of wrap my head around it. It was so.
Speaker 2: Right, real Yeah, that's the right.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean it's a really.
Speaker 2: Good in this episode.
Speaker 1: Yeah, except people that the stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the episode is half amazing and half like er cringe.
Speaker 1: And I also loved Brandon's line too, when he says to Susan, doubting your decision doesn't make it the wrong one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I really like that. I guess I didn't realize or remember that, Jonathan, her last relationship was so recent, Like I know it was her acts before Brandon, but I didn't did you guys?
Speaker 3: Does she go right from him to Brandon?
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know, but she's saying.
Speaker 3: Like when was it feels like it was a think she said it was a year ago. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Hmm. Then we get to go back to see that it's really not going to work out with Elle and Professor Arnold Chancellor Arnold.
Speaker 4: So we have that whole do we have that whole bathroom scene? There's like a whole bathroom scene.
Speaker 2: Oh, Steve says he didn't have a Claire.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he goes in. She's listening. So he goes in to talk to Elle.
Speaker 1: To say I'm in love with his daughter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she hears him. It's all kind of.
Speaker 2: I was very focused on the background players because none of them seemed really bothered that much that there was a man in the bathroom.
Speaker 1: Only one lady was like, hey, what are you doing here?
Speaker 2: But I was like, you could pick it up notch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, so that's that's not going to work out for I was a little sad for professor. He's not a professor.
Speaker 2: Hello.
Speaker 1: I was a little sad for Chancellor Arnold.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Elle kind of takes the out and blames it on our schedule or something, so he didn't feel bad.
Speaker 1: And then we get see then we get to see David and Val giving each other backrubs.
Speaker 2: Weird scene. Sorry I did not.
Speaker 1: I don't like that, Like you have you.
Speaker 2: Been working out? It's not her boyfriend. Doesn't she see him daily about it?
Speaker 1: She sounds like his mom, like have you been working out?
Speaker 2: This weird?
Speaker 4: You?
Speaker 2: Why was that in there?
Speaker 3: You guys?
Speaker 2: It had nothing to do we just so awkward.
Speaker 3: It feels so awkward.
Speaker 1: But that was awkward.
Speaker 2: Did she throw it in? Well, no, it didn't. It didn't seem like improvate. Imagine the writers like that seems like something when they would be like, oh, we have to talk about a haircut or we have to just throw a line in. We have to we have to do you know what I'm talking about, Like.
Speaker 1: He's hit puberty and he's getting his muscles now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like someone was like, oh, maybe he was going in the gym where his body had changed. They're like, we have to address it. Valerie, say, have you going into gym lately?
Speaker 1: He's so manly all of a sudden, it was that was weird.
Speaker 3: But the show wraps.
Speaker 1: Up with Brandon and Susan really coming to a new understanding about why she has that strong connection with Jonathan, and that's it looks like that's gonna be a you know, strengthening element for their relationship moving forward.
Speaker 3: I don't know, yeah, and I'm kind of happy we have all the info now.
Speaker 2: And going to rehab soon, so I'm assuming after that Brandon's going to save the day. So Susan, oh, my god.
Speaker 3: Stuck, you can't.
Speaker 1: And we find out that Colin and Kelly are so happy about the money that they both decide to celebrate with drugs.
Speaker 2: Yay, I forgot that's the end. I thought it was a long time ago. Okay, but I still like that shot, Like it's a beautiful artsy shot.
Speaker 1: Is that not a cliffhanger when people are about to do drugs? So there you go, it's another cliffhanger.
Speaker 2: I'm dum dumb starting to get there. At this point in the program.
Speaker 1: That's it you guys that episode? What are you doing?
Speaker 4: May I quickly say, it's weird that I like the episodes and I'm watching them, But then when I break them down, I find a lot of flaws in them.
Speaker 1: I know, they're really fun to watch, like.
Speaker 4: Us brand Yeah, And then it's like, once we start talking about it, I'm like, oh.
Speaker 1: No, it's hard to go scene by scene and talk about all the little moments that when you're watching it, they just kind of all go and work through.
Speaker 3: When I'm kind of eating my pasta watching it's like, were you watching again? Last year? Is always I did it, I did it a few days ago. I kind of get it.
Speaker 4: It's my sort of joy of my Thursday Friday night. Someone was like, oh, I get to watch and they eat something. I think as a whole, I give it like a seven. But when I break it down, it's got some two's, you know, But like as a whole about.
Speaker 2: Allen, I'm gonna go higher. I'm going to give it a two point five.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I went low. I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: I'm going to give it an eight five too, because I really enjoyed Susan's acting. And I think that it's because I felt bad for forgetting her name from last week, but hopefully I can redeem myself for that. But yeah, I was really enjoyable to just watch someone's work like that, honestly talking about stuff that was so deep and sensitive. So yeah, those are good scores.
Speaker 3: Those are good scores.
Speaker 1: What do we have next week, you guys?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: Flying? Is flying?
Speaker 4: Next?
Speaker 3: What's next week? Is it flying?
Speaker 1: Yes? Yes?
Speaker 3: See?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah episode twenty.
Speaker 4: Oh I think Ginger Lahmonica comes back. Oh Lisa, I'll be back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that is a good episode. Thanks for listening, you guys. Thanks for sticking with us through six seasons so far. Are we almost through the sixth season or nowhere near it?
Speaker 2: Halfway and now a little more two thirds?
Speaker 1: I think, Yeah, we got this, you guys.
Speaker 2: We can do this.
Speaker 3: Good time.
Speaker 2: No more peakys, Bye bye,