Speaker 1: It is Thursday October twenty fourth. This is Jaguars Happy Hour and now appearing in the latest Double O seven film as the latest Bond villain Teal Finger. J. P.
Speaker 2: Chacker, Welcome in. It is Jaguars Happy Hour. It is Thursday October twenty fourth. It is week eight in the National Football League. We've got a busy two hours ahead. The first hour of course, Jaguars Happy Hour. Then the Doug Peterson Show coming up at five o'clock on the Jaguars Radio Network.
Speaker 3: It's Packers week, green Bay coming to town.
Speaker 2: The Jaguars have to defend Jordan Love and the assortment of.
Speaker 3: Playmakers for Green Bay.
Speaker 2: They pitched the ball over the yard Trevor Lawrence against the Packers defense that leads the league in takeaways seventeen on the season. And the Batch's health injury report. Maybe this Jags team's getting healthier. We'll find out. And of course, as we said, the Doug Peterson Show, have the head Coaching Studio at five o'clock. As always, We're on Tention XL ninety two point five FM, Jaguars dot Com, Jaguars YouTube, JP, Shadwick, Jeff Logoman back in the USA.
Speaker 3: Thank goodness, good afternoon. Yeah, I mean I like London, but I like home better and glad to be back at EverBank for a home game against against a good Packers team. I mean, it's this good football team and it starts a stretch of games that are going to be pretty challenging.
Speaker 2: The next five games are against teams with winning records four of those. The next four are against teams that are contending in the NFC, three of those four against the NFC North, the best division in the National Football League through seven weeks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I think, look the next week's game. Not to get too far ahead, but I mean we can do that as we can do media guys. I mean players can't do that. Coaches can't do that, sure, but I mean Philidel has its issues, but they still have some really good components to their football team. Their quarterback I think is not playing particularly well Jalen Hurts, but look, they still play good defense, they still got a good offensive line when they're healthy, and that game will not be an easy one. I'm kind of a little bit, probably different than most, and that I'm not disappointed about the game getting flexed out. Disappointed certainly for the attention that this team could get on Sunday night football. But I get it, Sunday night football. They want to have the best matchups they possibly can. And with the start that the Jaguars had, it's understandable, you know. And it does mean that we'll be home earlier. True, But I would rather see this team play on Sunday night. Okay, but yeah, I mean the game after that was it at Detroit, excuse me, Vikings and then Detroit, you know, and Vikings are playing out of their mind. And you know what concerns me most about them is not their you know, reborn quarterback. It's their defense. Their defense with Brian Floyd's leading away. Now, I mean, they are really good. Detroit is a complete team as there is in the National Football League. And they've got a two headed monster at running back and quarterback who has been playing extremely well, with a tough defense that lost a big component in Aden Hutchinson, which you know that doesn't hurt. But this one here, if you get this one, then all of a sudden, I think you you gain a lot of confidence maybe in yourself for the games that are coming up, and that you you get up a little bit of momentum you know, because here's the reality. When you beat the Colts, you didn't generate any momentum because you lost the next week. Okay here against the New England Patriots, not a great football team, and if you don't follow it up with a good performance, you're not generating any momentum. Again, you got to stack wins to generate momentum to snowball kind of your way through the season. And this football team has a chance to do it at home against a football team that has a fan base that travels very well.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I mean they're Packer fans everywhere. It's how that works. When you're the Green Bay Packers, they're all over the place. Same for the Steelers, same for the Cowboys.
Speaker 3: It's just one of those like five heritage franchises that travel extremely well, and Green Bay is definitely one of them. And who doesn't want to get out of Wisconsin to come to Florida.
Speaker 2: But see, that's the point is they don't travel. They're just everywhere they live here, true, you know, but some travel, yeah, but some tub. The reality is how many how many people live in Green Bay.
Speaker 3: It's a good point, it's excellent. There's not a lot of people in Green Bay, they aren't.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is we'll get in deeper into the matchup coming up in just a little bit, But to your point, to make the rest of these games in this stretch matter, they got to get this first one.
Speaker 3: And yeah, they were in this same spot back at twenty twenty two.
Speaker 2: They were two and five, and then they got worse and then they started reeling off wins down the stretch. Tennessee came back to them because they couldn't get a healthy team on the field at all and kept losing games that all kind of worked together. I'm curious, and we'll ask Doug this in the second hour in the Doug Peterson Show. But you know, what can you take away from having already seen this happen once? It was an all time epic rally that year. But it can be done. He said it like anything's possible. Well, yes, anything's possible. But every year is different.
Speaker 3: And you know, you kind of got to say, well, every year is different, and every team is different, and yes you went through that, but not everybody went through that. That's on this football team. Every team is different. So it's just like saying that, Hey, look, you know, as a coach Doug Peterson was asked about last year and will last year have any impact on this year? You know the losing streak, we losing five out of the last six, And his answer was, now, this is a different year, it's a different team. Well, if it's different year, different team. The same thing can be said for the year twenty twenty two when they had an amazing rally to get the the postseason. They were very.
Speaker 2: Different team and it carried over though to the start of the next year.
Speaker 3: Then the collapse happened. Yeah, but I mean that twenty twenty two is a long time ago, okay for this football team. But the one thing that I hope going into this game and that the offense really covered some of the ills that the defense has in a big way. Okay, if the Jaguars offense does not have an amazing day running the football for how many consecutive times seventeen?
Speaker 2: At one point there were sixteen called runs after a scramble.
Speaker 3: Okay, sixteen consecutive runs at the end of the game, and the Jaguars are just pounding the Patriots so much that their head coach after the game calls his team saft that's right. Okay, So that was able to cover up a lot of the shortcomings of the Jaguars defense, and they've got to get some things fixed on the defensive side of the ball. I mean, seriously, they've got some issues on defense. Lists a few out there, like what, well, you can't continue to still have the mental break breakdowns or mental errors at the pace that you're having so far. You're talking about like coverage busts, coverage bus Okay, but I also when I say mental errors emmys is what for short calleds can't happen in any aspect of the game, whether it's against the pass or against the run. The Jaguars, though, are doing a pretty good job against the run, I mean, look at their rankings. Okay, doing a very good job. But against the past, the number of breakdowns and a number of times that we see people running open is far too frequent. That's got to change, and especially against a team like Green Bay who has a balanced attack with one of the best running backs in the league I think in Josh Jacobs, and then a quarterback who is young but good, and then he's got some really good weapons. So you better tighten up this week. As far as eliminating some of the mental errors. And I think maybe the return of Foyer, Lukan, maybe the return of Winger might help that.
Speaker 2: There was some of that early in the game where they had two off sides and a neutral zone infraction on the same defensive possession, like two from Josh.
Speaker 3: That goes into the category of Emmy's as well. Yeah, mental errors, you can't have them, no, And look, fortunately the Patriots team is in a bit of a redevelopment stage, okay, and wasn't exactly the most challenging football team on the planet for this Jaguars team at Whimbley, so that helped a lot. But this is a little different level. Okay, the next four games five games here, Okay, different level teams than what you just saw in the New England Patriots. And okay, I get it. People who love people say, wow, you know this is the NFL, this is not college football. Well yeah, but there's still different levels in the National Football League. That's why they have records, Okay, that's why they keep track. Okay, there's teams that have been near the bottom consistently for a while, and there's teams that are in rebuild modes. And that's the Patriots, and so, I mean, that was a good win because they needed a win, but let's be honest, it wasn't against a great football team, a team that had a rookie quarterback that was making a second career start behind an offensive line that, oh, by the way, had had their seventh different starting offensive line combination of the year in seven games.
Speaker 2: And the right guard came out of the game during the game too. I mean, so there was a lot of that going on. They've played four different guys that left tackle going in. They've had their issue, and there still wasn't a lot of push on the quarterback, not as much as you'd like, right, like to see in a little bit more, like to see a little bit more, particularly out of Josh and Trayvon for the entire game. Defensive tackle continues to be a spot that's a little bit worrisome, you know. The one thing that I liked in the game was the changes that they made in the back end seemed.
Speaker 3: To help some. They moved Savage to the safety spot, Antonio Johnson went to more of just a dime type of role. Jari and Jones took over the nickel position from Savage because of Savage moving to safety, you know, and I think that helped it eliminated some of the breakdowns, but you still had some breakdowns in the middle, you know, And I think that the return of Foyer a Luken will help that in a in a big way. Who you take off the field at linebacker?
Speaker 4: Me?
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, the other person I'm on the show with, Yes, you have to be the coach. Yesking, I'm taking Devin Lloyd off. Okay, I said it earlier in the week. I talked to you about it last week, and that you know, he's he plays well against the run, he's athletic, he's physical. But the problem and you hear Doug Peterson talking about this term called I discipline. How many times have we heard that term a lot? Okay? Yeah, And I'm not saying it's directed directly at Devon, but I think part of it is directed at devn and some of the mistakes that he's made. And that's you know. So the reality is is that you can have two starting linebackers on the field when you have a nickel defense, okay two, when you go to dime, you only have one. Ventro Miller has earned a spot on this football team he's earned the right to play more when Foyer comes back, because the reality is, when Foyer comes back, he comes back as a starter. He's not going to come back as a rotational player. And oh, you know, we're gonna work him into the lineup because we don't have a depth charge. He's your starter now. However, the way he's your best linebacker, the way they've played it this year, they've taken him off the field, so which I don't agree with. I don't think. I mean, look now, when he's coming back, you know, you got to work him back in, make sure the foot is okay. The plantar fasciois that he has, which by the way, I've had it back in the day, and extremely extremely painful, uncomfortable at times. But there's a lot of things that they can do, you know, the orthotics and taping, the food and the treatment and everything that he's gotten that I think will help him out. But when he comes back, he's on field. He's on the field, and then you got to maybe give him spells occasionally until you feel good about the foot and you feel good about his conditioning level. But was I a fan of rotating him earlier in the season. Not so much. But the only benefit I think that you are the one thing that I would say that you benefit from that was because he was rotating in. Ventra Miller was rotating in. Then he got some experience, I think, which helped him once he did finally get in the light on, and then he was out there and making plays. Ventro Miller, though, JP watching a film of him, I mean, it's a joy. I mean, I'm not saying he's Ray Lewis or anything like that, but there hasn't been a linebacker here in quite some time, going all the way back to Pause that attacks the line of scrimmage, I know, and Pause never even attacked it like that. And look, PA's a great player. I'm not saying that. I don't want anybody get confused. I'm not saying Ventrel Miller's at the level of Pizzlusni. I'm not. Okay, that's a pretty lofty standard, okay in Jaguars history, But just the way that Ventrel attacks the line of scrimmage is amazing to watch. I mean amazing to watch when he fires, he's attacking, when he diagnoses offensive linemen are off balance and they're getting rocked because he is attacking and running backs are getting rocked.
Speaker 2: It's a lot of fun to watch. We'll come back in just a moment and hear from it. Coach Doug Peterson on the opposing quarterback this week, Jordan Love and what he has to offer.
Speaker 3: A little bit later. Jaguars offense.
Speaker 2: Can they maintain what they did last week in the ground game? Moving forward with Tank Bigsby And we'll see a little later the injury report and see where things are trending. Now Day two of practice heading into week eight in the National Football League. We're on tenon xl AM ninety two point five FM, Jaguars dot Com, Jaguars YouTube, and this is Jaguars Happy Hour, you know.
Speaker 3: So that's that injury.
Speaker 2: Kount Of calls a quarterback down, so he's in the pocket.
Speaker 5: He's seen getting the ball out of the more quick passing, the screen game, things like that, you know, have.
Speaker 3: Have helped him.
Speaker 5: And of course they're run game, you know, and and getting the ball you know, uh, you know, in Jacob's hands and letting him go and they do a great job with shifts motions and you know, sort of the misdirection stuff too that you got to be prepared for and then obviously the play action pass comes off that. So you're just seeing I think a quarterback has kind of settled in quite frankly since the injury.
Speaker 4: I he's joined a good joe.
Speaker 2: Head coach Doug Peterson earlier this week discussing Jordan Love the Packers quarterback Welcome Back, Gets Jaguars Happy Hour and the Jaguars face the Packers for the crucial Cats game this Sunday. Join us as we fight cancer through early detection, risk reduction, and awareness all game long. Lock in your tickets at Jaguars dot com, slash tickets.
Speaker 3: Or calling that four six three three two thousand.
Speaker 2: The Packers Jaguars Game presented by Florida Blue, Proud to be the exclusive health insurance partner and support the Jacksonville community as the official Community Partner of the Jaguars. JP Shadwick, Jeff Lockman and the Yeah. The Packers with Jordan Love now in eleven straight games, including the playoffs, has two or more touchdown passes. Pretty good, right, He's also thrown a bunch of interceptions in that time. Fran Oh, yes he has.
Speaker 3: He'll put it up. He's missed two games this year and he's right around the top of the league with interceptions. He's got eight of them. And so when you miss two games and you have eight interceptions, that's not a very good number. So he's going to give you some opportunities. You got to take advantage of it. And if you can do that, you would also kind of turn one of the numbers that hasn't been so good for your defense around, which is the lack of takeaways, which I think right now the Jaguars defense might be on a record pace for a season low takeaways. What was the low. I think it's nine a few years ago and that was that was twenty one, wasn't it. I think it was twenty one. I think that's the low. We've got to confirm that, but we're guessing that. But Jordan Loves a good quarterback. What's amazing to me is that he's getting ready to make his twenty fourth regular season start and him and Trevor Lawrence are on the same pace goal fifty five million dollars a year. Because remember, Jordan Love didn't do anything for a number of years because he sat behind Aaron Rodgers and he didn't even have a start. He had one start prior to last year, one start prior to last year, and then he started all the games last year, had a really good season. His career record right now twelve and eleven, and he's got an arm that can make all the throws. I don't think there's doubting any of his abilities there. But he does make some poor decisions at times, which is why you see the interception numbers, and you've got to you've got to find a way to make the plays when given the opportunity, because he's going to throw a couple of them up under pressure. He will make a poor decision, but you know there's a lot of quarterbacks that do that. Trevor's been really good in that category. This year kind of been cleaned with the football, making good decisions and protecting the football. Jordan Love's kind of been the opposite. So if you can make him make those mistakes and make those interceptions, you got a really good chance. They spread it around a bunch of different receivers as well. The Pickers have six players two or more touchdowns this year, and it's tied for second most in the NFL.
Speaker 2: Buffalo has seven guys with two or more and it's the tight end Tucker Craft and the wide receiver down Tavian Wicks with four touchdowns each leading the way Virginia guy by the way, Wicks, Oh see, yeah he's a uva guy.
Speaker 3: Cavalier, Yeah he's a uva guy. But I mean, look, they get everybody involved, from Wicks to Watson to Dobbs to Reid to Craft the tight end, even Melton who is kind of way back on the depth chart at wide receiver, but he does a good job of spreading the ball round. This is This is the battle of two head coaches that have you know, even though Doug doesn't call the plays, Lafleur does. From what I understand, this is a battle of two very good, offensive minded football teams that have to be honest to fifty five million dollars year quarterbacks. And I think it's gonna be a really good football game. I think it's gonna be one that that my popcorn will be ready for because I think there's gonna be a lot of offensive firepower in this game.
Speaker 2: It is of the five highest paid quarterbacks by average salary.
Speaker 3: Only Jordan Love has a winning record this year. Everybody else is fine, kind of amazing, right, right, Dak Prescott's in there. Three and three, two is one and one Trevor. Yeah, yeah, it's right. All that money and you got, you got not a lot of wins.
Speaker 2: Packers Defense will get to them in a moment. Register your furry friend for the Jaguars Official Four Legged Fan Club for Pats presented by Forever Events Animal Hospital. Your will receive access to exclusive merchandise, events and sweepstakes throughout the season. Visit Jaguars dot com, Slash promotion, Slash four Legged Fan Club and sign up today on Tenton XCEL ninety two point five FM, Jaguars dot com, Jaguars YouTube, It's Jaguars Happy.
Speaker 3: You know, we talk all this quarterback stuff, but let me give some credit to the Packers offensive line because they're pretty good. You know, like last week with the Patriots, they're seventh different starting offensive line combination. The Packers offensive line have started every week the same lineup, and that's a good unit. PFF ranks all of the offensive lines. Oh, we love them, and I know that you're a big fan. PFF has them as a top five offensive line. If you evaluated the Jaguars offensive line over the last three weeks, you might put them in the top five because they've been doing a pretty good job as of late. Right now they're down in the twenty somewhere. But that Packers offensive line is they're legit, they're good. I think it's imperative that Josh and Trayvon have big games this week. If you don't get big games from those two guys, then it's gonna be hard.
Speaker 2: I'll slipping around out of the Jaguars offense in their matchup this week against the Packers defense that leads the league with seventeen takeaways. Xavier McKinney had an interception in each of the first five games this season. Tyre Alexander is on the outside, and we'll tell you about it all game long.
Speaker 3: He likes to talk, chirp whatever you want to call that. Can this Jaguars offense run like they did last week? It's that's the stake. Yes, yeah, I mean, look, if you watch the film from last week against Houston, C J. Stroud got hammered. He'd had a career low passing yards. I wrote the numbers down he had. He was ten of twenty one for eighty six yards and a fifty eight point eight rating, And then those numbers came when Joe Mixon was running wild. I mean Joe Mixon. Joe Mixon had a monster game. I got to just point it out because I'm watching the film and I'm going this might be the best that I've seen Joe Mixon run. He was that good and dicing up the Green Bay Packers defense, which shocking, right that he's having a monster game, and then the quarterback doesn't have at least a good game. But the Packers the ability to pressure c. J. Stroud and to confuse the protection of the Houston Texans was impressive. And that's what I worry about here in this game is can the Packers confuse the protection of the Jaguars offensive line, tight ends, running backs because they are all part of the protection for Trevor Lawrence. Because we've seen when Trevor has had early pressure in games, he hasn't been as sharp throughout the most the majority part of the game. That's the challenge this week because they run some cool pressures. Now they run. They don't play like you know, they're not going back to Rex Ryan Zeros and sending the house. They play a lot of zone blitz and the Texans had a hard time figuring out who was coming and who is not and can we block them all.
Speaker 2: They rotated every time, and different guys are dropping out and doing all that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they did a really good job with that.
Speaker 2: We seemed to watch for sure, and you know, challenge and they were the way it worked last week. And I get, yes, it's the Patriots, but they hit a couple of shots when they were there down the field, like there were a couple of big time throws from Trevor in that game to you know, when they were even before they started running the ball. That first the drive after their down ten nothing, second and nine throw to Christian Kirk, which was a great catch by the great catch, great throw, big moment, had to have that drive, got it done.
Speaker 3: And of course the deep ball later to Brian Thomas right of the numbers, a great, great route, and the one to Kirk just real quick on that one, real small window because you know you had a you know, a defender in front, defender behind, and so to be able to kind of get that in there by Trevor, that was a great throw, great catch as well. And then the deep ball to Brian Thomas and the Patriots were playing what is called quarters coverage and not to be overly football complicated. Quarters is for people to understand it, just think of four quarters equals a dollar. There's four guys in the back end playing twenty five percent zones in the background. Okay, And what Brian did which was really cool, is that he attacked the one guy, which was Gonzales in the quarters coverage and made sure that the other defender said, oh, he's going over there for Gonzales and is not even going to be in my area. But then Brian, after he attacks Gonzales, kind of bends it back to the middle and that's really where there should have been a little extra help. But Brian ran a great route to keep all the attention away from himself from that middle safety kind of player. And what a catch. I mean, Gonzalez had his arm right across across the bread basket of the hands of Brian Thomas Junior and he still catches it. Amazing catch. And if teams are going to keep playing Brian Thomas like that, they better start thinking about doubling him. I hope they don't. I hope they don't, but keep playing him like that. And if you're Doug Peterson and press Taylor. You got to keep finding ways to get him singled and deep because I mean, right now, is there a better deep receiver in the game.
Speaker 2: Today's it's his third catch of fifty plus yards. It's tired for the most in the NFL.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, you go, I'm not trying to you know, I don't want to get a speeding ticket here and say that he's you know, the greatest things in sliced bread ever. But he's really good. You're saying really good. Don't suit him up for a teal jacket yet? Yes, okay, yeah, but he's a He's a joy to watch. I can tell you that. I mean, look, can you think of any other player on this Jaguars roster that has given more energy to this team in game so far this year?
Speaker 2: I mean, Tank Bigsby's getting there right when they has some big runs like that and the breakaway run the other week. I mean there's some of that, but consistently it's been the down.
Speaker 3: To fit Brian shot to. I mean, he's Thomas. He has woken this team up in a lot of cases. And we always know that explosive plays are kind of what leads to points in the NFL. Well, I mean, he's an explosive play waiting to happen.
Speaker 2: We've got plenty to discuss. Kayle Stevens will join us to discuss at all, and we have to get into this Jaguars running game a little bit more as well. We'll hear from Tank Bigsby in just a little bit Brian Thomas. When we return, pri Productions, the official event production company the Jags, has everything you need to bring your next idea to life. Visit PRII Productions dot com. It's Jaguars Happy Hour.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't sound surprised myself. I mean, I know my abilities. I know what I'm capable of.
Speaker 2: So I just try to come out and be the best I can be and do what I know I can do. SPTJ Brian Thomas, Junior Jaguars Wide Receiver.
Speaker 3: In the locker room.
Speaker 2: Earlier this week, all the availability at Jaguars dot com, Jags YouTube, and we're at the Hot Day studios of the Miller Electric Center, JP Shadrick, Jeff Blogaman on ten ten XL ninety two point five FM, Jaguars dot Com, Jaguars YouTube and looking for ways to entertain your clients, forward, employees and impressed potential new prospects with something memorable. Create an unforgettable VIP live music experience to see all your favorite artists at Daily's Place. For more info, email ticketing at boldevents dot com. We're called nine oh four six three three two thousand, Kai Nannie.
Speaker 4: Stevens's JP Shadrick.
Speaker 3: You do everything around here. Let's yes, and we thank you for it.
Speaker 4: Oh, thank you so much.
Speaker 3: How are you?
Speaker 4: I'm good You're back here so I don't have to fill in on happy hour.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you for all your efforts. The last few weeks. It's been a lot of moving parts, happy to help it works.
Speaker 2: Teams back, teams winning or won a game one yes, felt okay in.
Speaker 3: The locker room. Last couple of days.
Speaker 4: It has, and I think obviously coming back from London, they absolutely needed that win. To get on that plane without a win was going to be not great for anybody, So that's definitely given them a little life. I think the way that they did it was big because to fall down ten, here we go again, what we've seen all season long, To fight back a little bit and then have the offense have so much success was impressive to me. We finally saw some changes defensively, which I think a lot of people were hoping would happen a little bit sooner. But we're finally the team's getting a little healthy. We're seeing some of those changes on the back end. There more players coming back to help out with that, so potentially this week as well. So I think it's all trending positive. Of course, you know, week to week, it's just a lot easier to work on stuff when you get a win the week before.
Speaker 3: In a big way. I just you know, it's like I remember when I was in high school and playing at Parkview High School, we had a head coach who was a little bit of a taskmaster, you know, a little stern, you know, and if you lost, you weren't allowed to talk on the bus ride home, you know, So like when you have a long trip, I mean, look, you know that's a long flight to have with you know, nobody talking on the way home, even though they're allowed to talk. But I mean it's still it's that mindset when you have a game that you lose, you've got to kind of you got to soak in it for that long on a plane ride back. And so I'm glad they got the win. If you had lost the Patriots, I think things would have gotten very loud. I mean, I mean really loud loud anyway.
Speaker 4: But yeah, well not just outside inside it loud.
Speaker 3: It would have been loud, really loud. And the reality is is that you're kind of back where you 're at prior to that game if you lose this one. I mean, that's the reality.
Speaker 4: It is because they've dug themselves into such a deep poll at this point.
Speaker 3: That's right, And this is a good football team in a stretch that has a lot of good football teams, and this football team is going to challenge your defense, so your offense needs to be on point.
Speaker 4: That's wrong, up with it? I think got to win a shootout at this point. I don't know how much you're gonna be able to show slow green Bay down. So hopefully what we saw last week from the offense carry that over, score a lot of points and have the ball last. Right.
Speaker 3: I think it's going to take I mean thirty points to win this game. Boy, maybe thirty five? Yeah, I mean I think that's where it's going to be a lot of points. Yeah, I mean, what is green Bay average in twenty seven? A lot? What are we giving up the game a lot, a whole lot, so it's kind of interesting. And that you have, Okay, the Jaguars offense, which is a strong suit, okay against Packers defense that's getting a ton of takeaways that you think, okay, you think you feel good about the Jaguars chances there, but at the same time you're going, well, well, waiting minute, Green Bay's been pretty good, and then the Jaguars defensive matchup, you don't feel good about it all.
Speaker 4: I don't feel great.
Speaker 3: Do you feel good about any part of the Jaguars defense versus the Packers offense matchup? I mean not on paper, No, I don't. I mean, it's just okay, let's put the papers away in your heart defense, in your heart of your head. Do you feel good about that? It's not a great match yeah. I mean, even if you say that, I think we're hopeful.
Speaker 4: Yes, and that's a good place to be.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're hopeful that. Okay, Tyson second game back, Foyer coming back, maybe a winger, not sure, you know, hopefully Foyers back, Maybe end up having a couple of takeaways as a defense, but right now you haven't been getting them three all year.
Speaker 4: Two on defense right, Jordan Love will give you a chance, though I think similarly to the Patriots, Drake May gave a couple of shots he dropped probably at least two, so the opportunity will be there. I think Trevor's been really good smart with the football this year. I don't think we give him enough credit for that because fumbling was a probably Jim turnovers were a problem for him. Interceptions, He's only turned the ball over a couple of times, so he's been smart with the football. If the defense can get off the field some of those times, I think that gives you more of a chance to get the offense going.
Speaker 2: And another part of this offense, certainly last week, they ran the ball in the second half, they had that long stretch of plays where they ran seventeen in a row, and Tank Bigsby did not put the ball on the deck.
Speaker 3: Last week in the running game, he dropped a pass. That was one. But when are we going to get past the point of talking about that one until he consistently doesn't do it.
Speaker 2: It's gonna take a while, right, don't have the same thing. Right one year he's fumbling the ball, next year, didn't fumble it at all. He didn't say it, and then we won this year, fumbles the football again, so it's a topic.
Speaker 4: Also, it's not far. I mean Tank didn't do last game, but he's done it within last month, so you know, sometimes it doesn't hurt him because it's on a kick return and they get.
Speaker 3: The ball back or whatever may.
Speaker 4: But that's coaches noticed that that's still ball security.
Speaker 3: That's still a problem, and that's what the opponents are coaching. When like the last game against the Patriots, when you actually watch the game and you watch the film, you could see that the defenders were treating him and Durness Johnson differently a little bit. I'm seriously you, I mean, they were really going after the ball when Tank had it in his possession versus like a Durness Johnson. And that's just that's coaching awareness by you know, the opposing team. Because the fact of the matter is is that he has put the ball on the carpet a few times. He's lost four fumbles in his career, and that was I think when he had like ninety touches and that's a pretty high rate. He's obviously had some more touches and hasn't lost it since then, but he's put it on the ground, you know, just been fortunate enough to get that ball back. And so I think, to answer my own question, when do you stop talking about that? Is maybe when he has a season that finishes and you're not seeing that anymore.
Speaker 2: Looking for the MVP of the truck game, better check out the twenty twenty four Ford F one fifty. Loaded with impressive capability and game changing tech. You can dominate, work play and everything in between. Test driving F one fifty at your local Ford dealer. Prop partner of the Jacksonville Jaguars, We're on ten to XL ninety two point five FM, Jaguars dot Com and Jaguars YouTube tonight, Jaguars All Access Television.
Speaker 3: Back at Home Base right at Strings.
Speaker 4: We are back. We've been gone for a while Hurricane and then we were in London. So we are now back at Strings. Jeff can get his favorite meal of the week, and then we're gonna get to talk to some players. Ventrel Miller's going to be with us this week. Oh cool, Yeah, absolutely, He's just such a character. It's great his I don't know if you guys watched sounds of the game yet, but it's out, and he did one of the pregame speeches in the huddles and I didn't understand all of what he was saying. I was very excited. I feel like people would run through a wall for him.
Speaker 3: You know, every week when I watched the film, and Kay's seen my list before, and I've shown some of the plays to her and JP, you've seen my list before. You know, when I watched the film, I'll write down the play number and then a description. Sometimes good, some things are good, sometimes things are bad. Well with Ventro, much like with Brenton Strange, over the last couple of weeks, I had a pretty good section of him every week of how good he's been. This week not so much with him, but I had a section on Ventrel and there were like six plays that he had in this game that I'm just were to me, wow moments. I mean, where he's attacking, he's running through the tackles. I mean, he's a special talent. And for a young player that how he reacts in such a quick fashion and then attacks where he needs to attack without hesitation is very rare. It's very rare. Sometimes it takes time and time on task to feel or gain that confidence to attack it like that. But he's rolling, man, he is rolling. Fun to watch TFLs attacking guards. He's literally he's hitting guards that are pulling around into a hole for him before they even can get square in a hole. That's how fast he's getting there. He's hitting them when they're in a weak position. That's fast. That's playing downhill.
Speaker 2: Love that Jaguars have invested in that position over the last few years a lot.
Speaker 3: But here's the other thing we keep forgetting. He tour his achilles last year, right, I mean we're talking about a guy who's coming back from a torn achilles. I mean, do you guys see any signs.
Speaker 4: Of You'd see no hesitation, you'd see no side of it.
Speaker 3: Now, No, that's impressive alone by itself, just being out there.
Speaker 4: So and in that capacity essentially a rookie. Yes, he didn't play last year.
Speaker 3: No, he didn't play last year at all. I mean went down in the preseason. And now what you're talking about, you know, the sounds of the game, he's getting the team amped up before the game and he's a second year player, is really a rookie. I mean that's pretty cool to see, you know, young player kind of take that role. But I think what it also says is that there hasn't been enough of that coming from elsewhere.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's some other veteran guys around here that that's kind of not how they roll.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean some guys have it, some guys don't, but take it. You got to have some of that.
Speaker 4: On the field too. We've been saying it for weeks. Playmakers got to make plays. So if you want to lead by example and you don't want to yell at everybody, you got to do that too. Haven't seen that from everybody.
Speaker 3: Who's that in the Jags broadcasting department?
Speaker 4: You thinkers make plays?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, the one to like shake everybody up and do like the breakdown.
Speaker 3: Who you think would that be? M you? I think you? Yeah, I think yeah. I don't know. I think it goes on.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, oh, yeah, imagine you imagine John Oser trying to break down the group.
Speaker 4: Yes, I would run through a wall for John Oser.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, Johnny Ozone. But you know what, though I love them, the stuff that he writes on Jaguars dot com is money. It's almost like his job gold. I've said this before, when when First of all, I've known John for a long time back when he has ponytail.
Speaker 4: Great, I need more photos of that.
Speaker 3: By the way, wow uh yeah.
Speaker 4: Jags fans out there, if you want to at me on Twitter, I would love to see John Oser's ponytail photos.
Speaker 3: And when he has when he left here, he I know he was in Indianapolis for a while, and because the Colts were in the division, I would in the The Coults at the time had a PR director that was horrendous, horrendous, you know. I mean, maybe their PR director wasn't horrendous, but their weekly game release was horrendous. It was literally like a It's like an accountant's book. Look at all what Peyton Manning's done. He's done this, and he's done that.
Speaker 4: What else?
Speaker 3: My point is is that the whole reason for having a weekly release is to give the nuggets to all the broadcast departments and media members so that they don't have to decipher all of these numbers. Give them nuggets cliff notes, give them the cliff notes version. What does it have to do with Okay, because you didn't get that the Cults press release, you had to read John at wherever he was whether it was at the newspaper or Colts dot com. And if you read his stuff, you got every main storyline that you needed to get about the Colts. And it's the same thing with the Jaguars. And and I'm not saying that because I've known John long time and I didn't. I definitely did not like the Ponytail. But he is a talented writer who does a great job. I guess no, Joe, he didn't like yours either. He did not pay me for this at all either. Okay, that we know of, he did not. Jaguars h's too cheap to pay anybody. Oh wow, you guys know that.
Speaker 2: No comment at Jaguars All Access Television tonight seven o'clock, Fox thirty strings, Ventrel Miller.
Speaker 3: Ky Downy Stevens, Brent Martineau, Yeah, who's that guy? And Jeff Flagerman TV TV. Martina was in London he was Yeah. I saw him Stewart, I saw they were by the way. Did you go to the Fulham game? I did? Did you go to the Fulham You didn't go? Awesome?
Speaker 2: The new Riverside stands incredible, awesome. We sat in there like the first row of the upper deck. It was all right over the field. Amazing. It was fantastic. They got smoked unfortunately three to one. It was one nil and then they scored three straight.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, left fine, Yeah, I left five minutes. But the new stands nice. Yeah, that's pretty pretty cool. All right, let's come back. Kai, Thanks appreciate it. You have a great one tonight. That's Kai Stevens, who's been busy.
Speaker 2: Carrying what I can the last few weeks. Very nice, very nice. Back with more injury report when we return. If you want Jags customized Jaguars furniture for your home, check out zip chair dot com and browse all customizable options zip Chair furniture for fans.
Speaker 3: This is Jaguars Happy Hour. Yeah, you know it come over.
Speaker 1: You know we all got team by the time we all got to sit there in the grove and look at each other's face all.
Speaker 3: Day, you know, all day. Yeah man, I'm hollday. So you know, it's an energy thing. I feel like it came back.
Speaker 2: We had a great pratacy today, but we just got to take care of the little things and go out and insecure high love Oh.
Speaker 3: Of is cartavious tank Bigsby in the locker room.
Speaker 2: This week, Jaguars running back Welcome back. It's Jaguars Happy Hour, JP Shatterwick floggingman our thanks to Kay Stevens joining us each and every week. Yeah, Tank Bigsby another one hundred yard game, two in the last three weeks, of course, and put together a fantastic effort last time out at Wembley and hoping to carry that over this week. We'll see the status of Travis et and Junior again. We'll see what happens with that ham string. But ham strings are not good for running backs.
Speaker 3: No, no, yeah, so look very very good that they have the running back room that they do. And the emergence obviously of Bigsby has been huge for this offense. And when each end gets back. You know, there's been so many questions that Doug, I think in the last couple of weeks really about, you know, does Bigsby become your starter? And I've been kind of a little bit I don't want to say myths, but confused by the question because you know, look, each guy does different things well, and you can have two running backs that essentially are co starters. It's okay, well, I mean one's going to be on the field the first play of the game exactly your starter, and and the other part of that that I want to say, I'm mythed By. I'm also kind of surprised by the answer and that Doug says, well, hey, look, you can't lose your job because of injury. It happens all the time in the National Football League. Guys lose their jobs because of injury all the time. Happens Drew Bledsoe lost his job because of an injury, and then Tom Brady came in and then never came out. Trent Green, Trent Green, Saint Thwait with Kurt Warner. Okay, it happens, and so I wish that Doug had said, hey, look, we really kind of have two starters here, and this it's all about team, and you know, we're gonna do what's best for the team.
Speaker 2: I mean, in reality, when Travis is back, he's gonna play something, and they're both gonna play like they did before. I don't know exactly the percentage of snaps they're both gonna be on the field certain situations Travis is really good for and the Tanks getting better at.
Speaker 3: All of it. Tank's still not the receiver though, correct. Okay, you're saying he's getting better at all of it. I don't say not all of it. He didn't he dropped the ball last week. He dropped the ball on what would have been maybe a fifty yard gain on a screen.
Speaker 2: Because that in theory, that gives the defense a queue, Well what's coming if he's out on the field, right.
Speaker 3: I mean, well, yeah, yes, and no, I mean yeah, I mean you got you. But you have to play to the strengths of the running back. I mean you can still kind of confuse defense and it's not always going to be a run in Tank Big Toby. You know, when he's in on the field, you can still pass it. Play action is a huge part of that. But but yeah, I just you really have two really good, starting caliber running backs. Etn is a is an excellent, excellent receiver out of the backfield, catches balls that most running backs would not catch. And so that's a really good thing. And let give credit to de Ernest Johnson. He had a solid game, solid game. He kind of took over that role that Etn kind of had filled. But more than that too, he he does a really good job in the running game, you know, the straight running game. Given Tank blows and but Tank's got great endurance too to be able to stay on the field for the number of possessions, you know, twenty six carries. I mean you talking about a workhorse effort that he really didn't look tired or slow on any of those snaps.
Speaker 2: Jernie Johnson's path is pretty fascinating to an undrafted guy and then went fishing for an offseason and then signed in the UFL and with the.
Speaker 3: Team that the league folded, and.
Speaker 2: Then got latched on with a team and kind of just hung around and built his career up and he's still at it, so he's been good player things. Time now for the injury report presented by Baptist Health, changing healthcare for good, and let's start with your Jacksonville Jaguars and Eric Armstead defensive end with a shoulder injury limited both days in practice, Gabe Davis battling a knee issue, limited both days. Evan Ingram with a hamstring injury limited Wednesday, full today, Travis et and junior hamstring limited both days, says he O to Maywoe defensive tackle calf injury limited both days. Cam Robinson in concussion protocol, did not practice Wednesday, limited today. That's a step in the right direction. We'll see what happens tomorrow, and if they clear him by the weekend, we'll get to this conversation in a moment. Fo Yer looking with a foot issue limited both days. His windows open of course. Andrew Winger knee injury limited both days. Now, if Cam Robinson clears protocol, does he get back in the lineup at left tackle?
Speaker 3: Is Walker Little done enough to play and have it?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 3: It was an injury, right, so he can't lose his job because of an injury. I don't know. Uh, I'm going to go back and I'm say this again. People lose their jobs to injury all the time, and it doesn't mean that you're going to lose it for the long term. I think you also can be a little bit cautious with a player coming back from the concussion protocol to maybe, you know, hold him out and even if he clears, let's say he clears the protocol and he's eligible to come back, you say, hey, look, let's just make sure that we get him back completely and we can play Walker Little this week, because reality is Walker Little played his rear end off. If he's cleared then he's cleared that starting left tackle here since twenty seventeen. If he's cleared and doesn't play, that's a massive story. I don't know about massive. I mean it's it's a it's a story. It's a story. Yeah, but I don't know about massive. It's a big deal to me. Yeah, Guy's been the story left tackles for two players, and I think it would be all. I think it would also become a bit of a story if he's cleared because of what Doug said about the running back position with ETN and all that. Yeah, to that extent. But the fact is is that Walker Little played very well. Was there a great player on the other side of him that he had to block? No. But the one thing that Walker did which was really good in the game, and Biselli thinks he had the highest grade of any offensive lineman, and I would not disagree with that. The thing that he did the best was that how he's strained in the running game, how he finished and he's got his footwork was really solid. And that's always been a little bit better than Cam. And the part that I think that Cam's lost a little bit is some of the finish that he used to have in the run game. But the performance of Walker, you could argue that it warrants another start, and if the guy has to be put into the reserve lineup, maybe given another week to get completely healthy with that concussion. Maybe, But I agree it's going to be a story. It is if he's cleared. If he's clear, If he's cleared, we'll see Walker starts. Dennis the story because I mean for a couple of different reasons, because he's been the left tackle here for a while. Number two because of an injury. We'll see them. By the way he got he got rocked a couple of times. Yeah, you know, in the first five plays of the game, he took a hit from the linebacker and then a defensive lineman and you could just really see the violence of it, and I'm sure it didn't feel very good.
Speaker 2: The Packers Jaguars Game presented by Florida Blue proud to be the exclusive health insurance partner and support the Jacksonville community as the official community partner.
Speaker 3: Of the Jacksonville Jaguars.
Speaker 2: Coming up next, head coach Doug Peterson in studio and we'll hear from Kenny Albert of Fox Sports on the Doug Peterson Show That's Next.
Speaker 3: Thanks for listening to Jaguars Happy Hour.