Speaker 1: It's the best Bit of the week.
Speaker 2: With Morgan Part two, she's breaking down the top seven segments from the Bobby Bone Show this week.
Speaker 3: What's up, everybody, Welcome to the Best Bits this weekend. I hope you are having an awesome Easter weekend, celebrating with family, friends and doing lots of fun Easter egg hunts. I have one planned for my animals tomorrow, very exciting. I put treats in little eggs and send them off into the backyard and it's so fun. And then my cat I put them kind of all randomly on the counter and she just kind of swapped out them.
Speaker 4: But it's fun nonetheless.
Speaker 3: So I hope you guys are enjoying this Easter weekend and thank you for being here.
Speaker 4: We're going to catch up on the Bobby Bone Show.
Speaker 3: If you want some extra content this weekend and you're not doing Easter stuff, you can check out Part one, Part three This weekend with Mike d Part one, we catch up all on life and get some updates from Mike. If you made a new friend in a run and club, how the braces are going, his wife really wants a dog? All that good stuff. And then Part three we answer listener questions as always that I post on my Instagram page. All right, everybody. The reason you are here, though, is to catch up on the Bobby Bone Show. The top seven segments from the show this week. Let's go wo Cardinals, blue Jays.
Speaker 4: Oh my.
Speaker 3: We talked to All Things birds this week after an actor shared an experience they had with a hawk and how they think it was another actor sending them a sign, and Amy kind of clarified her thoughts on birds and how she feels with her mom and her dad and that whole experience that she has, and maybe some people can relate if they also have experience seeing their loved ones in the birds.
Speaker 5: Number seven, This made me, Thank you, Amy. So, Maggie Wheeler, who played Janis on Friends, can you do the impression? YEAHO fine, I'm getting her in the Nanny.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So she says she got a sign from Matthew Perry, who played Chandler, and she was talking about it and that sign was a hawk that flew over while she was in a neighbor's pool. Now, I bring this up because neither Amie's parents are alive and she believes they are both birds. Her mom is a cardinal. Her dad is a blue jay, and she got very excited because she saw a cardinal and a blue jay together one day and thought her parents were back together. And you know what, that's exciting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, no, they were rarely at the feeder together and I was like, what, this is amazing.
Speaker 5: So she saw this bird, a massive hawk. She also lost her brother to addiction and says she got a message from both of them recently. So that's quote. After Matthew died Matthew Perry, I was in a neighbor's pool. I was alone, there was nobody else around, and I was on my back thinking, man, I shurely look out for him, meaning Matthew Perry and her brother. And then two hawks flew over her head and flew past her. One circled around and the other one came down near her. She was a beautiful moment.
Speaker 1: That's legit.
Speaker 6: That's so cool.
Speaker 1: That's good for that's special for her.
Speaker 5: I love that, I especially, Yeah, I guess I needed to find what I think special? What do you think special about that? Do you do you think that was Matthew Perry and her brother.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in like whatever way they could, she was given that sign of like peace or whatever she needed in that moment, because she was asking for that and she got it.
Speaker 5: Back to my question, do you think that Matthew Perry was one of the birds.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I'm not exactly sure how it works because I don't really think my mom is in the bird.
Speaker 5: Oh well, the narrative has changed a bit.
Speaker 1: It doesn't change, you know, I've always felt this way. I don't think that she is physically in the bird like her soul. She's not reincarnated as the bird.
Speaker 6: That's what you me too.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, guys, I've always been clear. It's not reincarnation.
Speaker 6: Guys.
Speaker 5: Has she been clear?
Speaker 1: No, I've been like, my mom is sending me a sign through the bird, like my dad because remember my mom's ad Because guys, remember the dead blue jay. My dad was sending me a message through the dead blue jay. So he's not in the blue jay because otherwise than he'd be dead.
Speaker 5: Again, Okay, I'm confused here. So your mom is not the bird.
Speaker 1: She it's just easier to say she is the bird. But she's sending me the message through the birds. So she's the bird, but she's not.
Speaker 5: Your Mom's not the bird. She's just sending out like drones.
Speaker 1: Can you just imagine it?
Speaker 5: Like she like, she's like Santa Claus at the North Pole, but he has his other guys go out.
Speaker 6: Malls to the malls, the other Santas.
Speaker 5: So the other Santas are birds for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you for that analogy. I think that that's a good way to put it. It's like Santa has all his little other Santas.
Speaker 5: Your mom has mal Santa's.
Speaker 1: My mom has a She must have a slew of cardinals because at her disposal, because she uses them.
Speaker 5: Do you think every cardinal and when I'm mad, if like you're up there and all of a sudden, somebody who comes up and has access to all the cardinals and you don't.
Speaker 1: Right now, other people obviously have access to their own cardinals.
Speaker 5: What about the ones that you see? Do you think they're all your mom?
Speaker 1: I don't. Not every cardinal speaks to me. It's sometimes if I've asked for something or I just I can't explain it. I see the cardinal and and I have a sensation and an internal dialogue that starts to happen with the bird, like it's like a connection, like oh hey, Mom, Like telekinesis. Yeah, I don't know a message is coming through.
Speaker 5: You're talking to the bird without talking with human words.
Speaker 1: Have you not had this experience with anything ever?
Speaker 5: It sound like it because he's laughing, so it makes me laugh, and I'm just trying to figure out what your head is.
Speaker 1: I know, I don't. I don't think that you're making fun of me. And I guess what I'm asking is for a little grace because I don't fully understand how it works. I don't know. I think that it's it's been a special thing for me between me and the birds ever since my parents died. I don't I didn't ever have this experience until my mom died.
Speaker 5: And what was the cardinal about? Why did the cardinal get assigned to your mom?
Speaker 1: Because a bird? We were at my sister's house in a hospice situation when my mom died. We'd set up my sister's master bedroom or primary room as the hospice care and we were laying in the bed with my mom when she passed. And as we're laying there with her for like an hour, a cardinal came into the tree outside my sister's window, and it was a beautiful fall morning, and then all of a sudden, in this green tree, there's like a red cardinal. And my sister's like, oh, it's mom. So she was saying like, hey, guys, I've crossed over. I'm here, I'm fine, Like you're gonna be okay. We both felt this sense of peace. So ever since then it was a cardinal. Then fast forward many years later, my dad passes away, and I'm really into birds at this point, and I have a feeder and a blue jay has never visited my feeder. And I know this because I played bird Bingo and I would keep track of my visitors. You nip, And all of a sudden, who flies to my feeter? After my dad dies?
Speaker 6: You're dad?
Speaker 5: Well, now the Santa Claus in the mall of your dad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess my dad got access to blue jays because there he is.
Speaker 5: And then you think it's regions like sonics, Like you have a region if you get a sonic, like this is your area. Oh, like you have territories for if you're a cardinal or blue jay, and you're like, I am the cardinal keeper of the territory that my daughter lives.
Speaker 1: You know, like my dad could have come as something else. But in that moment, I had this, like I said, this internal dialogue, this connection. All of a sudden, I'm like, Dad.
Speaker 5: And you're like talking back and forth without talking.
Speaker 1: Same thing. When my mom showed up at the feeder as a cardinal and my dad showed up as the blue jay, I'm like, yeah, yeah, Hey, what's up. Y'all are hanging out. I don't know if they're back together, but they're like, look, we've reconciled. We're cool. Like I, I know we got divorced when you were younger, but everything's good now, life is good. But do every time I see a blue jay hair cardinal, is it my mom and dad?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 5: Oh, the ones that don't talk to you are probably somebody else's.
Speaker 1: I don't know how to explain it. Like the cardinal when it came to tell me to move that was my mom. I saw the cardinal. Your wife was there a bird told to move houses and she did so. She so she she's in like she could not be anymore a good word. I can't prove you're wrong. You can't.
Speaker 5: I know, I cannot prove you're wrong.
Speaker 1: But have you ever had something that just unexplainable? No, but you still have faith in it.
Speaker 5: No, I think that I wish I had a little more of what you have. I just want a dose of it.
Speaker 1: I don't Maybe you should ask for it.
Speaker 5: Can I have a dose of it?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 6: Here it comes.
Speaker 1: Ask for a sign, because that's what.
Speaker 5: A bear opens the door and walks in.
Speaker 6: That would be more believable. But lion would walk in, like we don't see lions around here.
Speaker 5: Well, that is a little doominal snowman. No, listen. I saw the story about Janis and Matthew Perry and thought, oh, that reminds me of Amy.
Speaker 1: I know that I sound like a complete wacko when I talk about this.
Speaker 5: Everybody that experiences something different sounds like a complete wacko until other people experience the difference. Right, So I was, yeah, I'm giving you that grace. I just wanted to know what your thoughts were. Yeah, and if Janie saw her Matthew Perry and her brother as hawks, because she I.
Speaker 1: Think she absolutely did. They have access to hawks apparently, and they sent some down because she was like laying there asking for it.
Speaker 5: Okay, there you have it, guys, very well explained. I can't prove you're lying. I can't prove you're wrong.
Speaker 1: Now now that Eddie's into birds and he's lost his father, you.
Speaker 6: Have I haven't said anything this whole segment, but I do think a dove that's been coming around to my dad window.
Speaker 5: You're just taking of birds because Amy put that in your head.
Speaker 6: No, he possibly, possibly, but my dad picked a dove.
Speaker 1: Apparently his dad has access to doves, because.
Speaker 6: This dove came to my window and looked in my windows like, cos up is it?
Speaker 1: Let me ask you?
Speaker 5: Did you have bird feeders on your window?
Speaker 6: Yeah? For sure?
Speaker 1: Is it a mourning dove?
Speaker 6: Okay, it's a mourning dove.
Speaker 1: Yeah, mourning And it's not mourning m o r. It's mourning m ou are I'm mourning?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Hey guys, I just want you guys, and I love you guys. And uh, no judgment. I'm glad it gives you guys peace because that's really what it's about.
Speaker 1: Okay, Eddie, I would I want you to pay attention to this morning. Devin. Also, I hope I.
Speaker 5: Gotta get lunchbox. Ten seconds he's sitting over there about to explode ten seconds ago.
Speaker 7: You guys make us sound like the cucko din like, I mean, everybody's listening to this going. These people have lost their freaking mind. Eddie. You put a bird feeder there. He's looking for the food. There was no food in the bird feeder. He's like, hey, dude, you forgot. He's not saying, Hey, what up?
Speaker 6: I'm my dog?
Speaker 1: Do that?
Speaker 7: I mean Amy, And you say, just trust me on this. I talked to it without talking to it. What are you talking? You sound psychotic?
Speaker 5: I alway psychotic. But it's different and all people that have differences are looked at it a little weird at first until they're proven true. So hey, I'm glad you guys have found some sort of piece.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 2: All right, it's the best bits of the week with Morgan Number two.
Speaker 8: You know, we can't always be smart, and for some of us, we had some really dumb moments lately, and it identified with some of you guys out there on our social media because you're like, yeah, say this has also happened.
Speaker 4: So maybe if you just.
Speaker 3: Need to hear somebody else share a moment where they were just really not smart aka dumb, then here you go, Bobby, Eddie, myself, We're all going to share some stories.
Speaker 5: Number six. I struggle with sleep. I get nerves in the bottom of my stomach whenever I'm in the bed. It's the only time that I think I have anxiety, or at least the only time I allow the anxiety to take over. I really struggle with sleep, and I have for a long time. I only now call it anxiety. Forever I was just like, I just can't sleep, but it really it's like a when your foot falls asleep. That's what it feels like in the bottom of my stomach. When I go to bed at night, when I lay there long enough, I fill my heart pounding in my neck, I feel it pound on my shoulders, and my stomach feels like my foot's asleep, but just not in my foot, my stomach.
Speaker 6: This is a.
Speaker 5: Weird array of symptoms, but that is a version of anxiety. So it is what it is. I try different things, and I try to read books on anxiety. I tried to, and I read this, and this is gonna be my I cannot believe I'm this stupid story. And if anybody else has one, then I'd like you to share it. But I cannot believe I'm this stupid because as I'm trying to track down why I can't sleep. I'm reading this story about how to wake up less groggy because there are some nights I get three hours, four hours, some nights I get two. I'm wait for two, but I wake up and I'm groggy as crap. And then I read about this beer that actually helps you be less groggy, and I'm blown away and I'm going, there's a beer.
Speaker 1: What? Okay, go ahead.
Speaker 5: This It's not what you're thinking.
Speaker 1: It's not it's not it is it natty light?
Speaker 5: Well, it's literal natural light, not of the beer natural light.
Speaker 1: I thought they were talking about the beer.
Speaker 7: Ny you no natural light.
Speaker 5: The whole story I'm reading, the whole thing about natural light will help you wake up less groggy. And I'm like, maybe I drink the beer I never drink in my life. And I'm going, maybe I just try the beer in the morning and it helps me with my sleep. Except it's not natural light the beer. It's literal natural Lightian rhythm. Yes' not the beer too. Oh my gosh, welcome to the team.
Speaker 1: Yeah wow, solid marketing from natural light, because now that's what they didn't do that I understand. But natural light has been around since God created it, and we see that in the headline in an article, and we immediately we think beer instead of like the god given natural light.
Speaker 5: We've always said, well, I.
Speaker 6: Too believe God created natty light.
Speaker 5: Well, I again, as someone who's never had a drink of alcohol, I'm going, maybe maybe this is the reason that I need to drink some alcohol. I'm fine with I'm not morally against alcohol, but I'm like, maybe I need to drink now. And then I'm like, why the cheap beer because I never had it, But that's what.
Speaker 6: That's cheap, Definitely cheap.
Speaker 5: It'd be like Red Dog twenty twenty makes you feel better at night. And so then I started reading the story and it's like letting natural light in your bedroom twenty minutes. And I'm like, I'm such an idiot because I'd already gone down though, Am I gonna drink same? That natural light will help you be less groggy? But not the beer that's funny, literal natural light. So yeah, that's that's me. The last time you felt stupid, Eddie, you have one?
Speaker 6: Well, yeah, this mine's different. Like, I just felt like an idiot because I never do this, and I don't know why I decided to do it. But I had a Dallas Cowboys shirt on, and I saw a guy walking towards me with an Eagle shirt and I was like, okay, big rival. So I flashed him on Dallas Cowboy. I was like Cowboys Nation baby. And he looked at me like what is he? What are you doing? I said Eagles fan and he's like no, this is like Middleton Elementary Eagles. I don't like football.
Speaker 5: He wasn't a Philadelphia Eagles.
Speaker 6: I felt like an idiot.
Speaker 5: Yeah that's fun, Morgan.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So I had my smoke alarm going off for weeks. I would think i'd fix it the battery and it just keep beeping. I took the whole thing out of the ceiling and this thing kept beating. I was like, this doesn't make any sense in my brain. I call somebody out and he's like, okay, yeah, let me take a look. He's like, no, I mean maybe it just needs new batteries. I was like, I've done that, but we'll do it. It keeps beaping. He's like, do you have any other alarms in here? And I was like no, do you have a carbon monoxide monitor?
Speaker 4: Happened to be in here?
Speaker 3: I was like, oh, there is one plugged in behind the mirror, and he goes.
Speaker 4: He looks.
Speaker 1: He's like, man, that's what's been beating for.
Speaker 5: The past several weeks.
Speaker 1: So do you have a carbon monoxide leak? No it?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Yeah, would have been.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, okay, Well, I'm just thinking, like, what what if that's her vertigo She's slowly.
Speaker 5: Dying in carbon monoxide. It's also tough to find the one that is beeping if you have multiple smoke bombs in your house, because you're like, okay, and then you like try to count. You stare at one. You just stare at it and you're like, I think it's that one. Bit like oh my god, it's not that one, So you go to another one.
Speaker 3: And I did that whole thing with every single alarm, Like I shut doors and I.
Speaker 1: Was focused on each one.
Speaker 4: I was like, it has to be this alarm.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's funny. That sucks there. I remember once out a car problem. I couldn't get my car. I was in a in a in a garage and it would not start. And I don't know much about cars, but I know how to start the car. It would not start, would not start, So I have as part of my like a roadside assistant sight thing with the car. And so they come out and the guy gets in and all of a sudden starts it up, and I'm like, he didn't do anything under the hood. So something happened that I'm I know, I'm about to be embarrassed, and I'm like, what was wrong? He goes, it was in drive.
Speaker 6: You're it wasn't.
Speaker 5: It wasn't even in p for me to start. It literally was sitting there in drive so it wouldn't start. I felt pretty stupid there too. I don't know that I fell as stupid as a natural light though, And I'm thinking about giving up all my history of not drinking to have natty light to wait wake up in the morning.
Speaker 6: That's pretty funny.
Speaker 5: I show drunk.
Speaker 6: You're like, I'm just doing the story, guys, the story said do it.
Speaker 5: We'll put this up on social media too. Last time he felt stupid, just go to our Facebook page and you can write underneath.
Speaker 2: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan. Number two.
Speaker 4: Lunchbox may or may not have yelled at some middle school kids.
Speaker 3: No, he definitely did. That's what this segment is all about. And I kind of think he was validated. Some people don't. Some people on the show think he was validated, some don't. It's all across the board of how everybody feels about this. But it happened over his kids in.
Speaker 5: A swing set number five. So Lunchbox kind of fought with some middle school kids. Have you guys heard this story? Does anybody know about me? Okay, then I'm going to remove myself and let him tell it and let you guys make up your own minds. Okay, okay, okay, I'll recuse myself from the story. Lunchbox, go ahead.
Speaker 7: So my three year old and five year old were a couple doors down. They have a swing in the front yard, and they were just swinging on the swing, having a good old time, and these three middle school dudes go walking by, and I don't think anything of it, no big deal. And then here come my three year old and five year old running home, and they look upset and they're like, da dada. Those kids told us they were gonna slap us in the face and knock us out of the swing. Why would they say that? And then that's my time. I'm like what do I do here? I'm like I'm sorry they said that to them? Do I go confront these middle schoolers? Or do I just leave them alone? Do I just let it go?
Speaker 5: I would say, out, leave them alone, and you don't win. You don't win fighting adults versus kids, even if you're right, you don't. That's not a win. So so I.
Speaker 7: Jumped on my bike.
Speaker 5: This is where the adult part gets swept out because it go middle.
Speaker 7: You know, because they're about a block block and half away, and I'm like, I'm not going to run after him. I'll just jump on my bike and I ride up to him. I said, guys, what are we doing? Does it make you feel cool to talk to a three and five?
Speaker 6: I like that.
Speaker 7: Let's not be a bunch of dumbasses.
Speaker 5: Oh you that to the kids?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Describe the kids you're talking to.
Speaker 7: Maybe thirteen, probably eighth grade, seventh or eighth grade, you know what I mean. And they think they're so funny.
Speaker 5: Were they just bratty enough to swing on you though, because then you get into a place where you can't hit back, and now you're getting beat up at thirteen year olds.
Speaker 7: Maybe?
Speaker 6: Were they much smaller than you?
Speaker 7: No, because they were definitely tall.
Speaker 5: I mean did it startle them that an adult man comes up on a bike to.
Speaker 7: They were like, oh, uh uh, I mean we're just playing and I was like, no, no, you can't. Like it's a three and five year old. Does it make you feel tough to talk to them that way?
Speaker 5: And they're like, okay, I agree with everything you said, and fuel I think it's tough when you don't know the kids. And what if their parents were nearby watching an adult man come up to them threatning them, then their parents jump in and.
Speaker 7: Hold on, there was no there was no threat.
Speaker 5: I said, you did say a curse word, and you did.
Speaker 7: Where was the curseword?
Speaker 6: Dumb dumby?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's a curse word. And then secondly, you did approach them on a bike aggressively. Yeah, with your baseball car and your spokes.
Speaker 6: He rang his bell when he pulled down.
Speaker 5: I agree with what you felt. I haven't agree with what you said. It's just risky to do that with kids, because ain't your kids and you really you're also going on your three and five year old's word of exactly how it went down.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but I mean my three and five year old they don't ever say anything. I mean, you know what I mean. I did see the kids walk by, and then my kids immediately come running back and they look upset, and I'm like, man, these kids are threatening a three and five year old, Like how but.
Speaker 5: How threatening were they really? If they're just idiot thirteen year olds yelling at kids on a swing and wasn't.
Speaker 1: Lunchdogs an idiot thirteen year old?
Speaker 7: Yeah, but I wouldn't talk trash to a three year old. It's like, you know how small a three year old is, Guys, a three year old is tiny. You know what a three year old looks like when you're thirteen.
Speaker 5: Maybe he was taking it on the five year old and three old, which is there could have been. Again, I agree with how you felt. I don't agree that you should have gone up to the kids and been like.
Speaker 6: Hey, it's definitely risky.
Speaker 5: It's risky because all he needs. Another parent said, I.
Speaker 7: Didn't call him das I said, let's not be DA's same thing.
Speaker 5: If you're saying it, it's the same thing that means you are, so let's not.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 7: Maybe it does, but I felt like I handled the situation because I was like, man, this is the It was my first time i've ever having that moment of what do you do like the other kids messing with your kids?
Speaker 5: I did it feel good? Did you win?
Speaker 7: I did it feel good?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 7: It felt pretty good. I was like, yeah, I mean I let those kids know, hey, don't mess with my kids.
Speaker 5: Do you feel like you were telling you though a version of you when you were thirteen?
Speaker 7: A little bit? Because I remember my dad telling some kids when they had messed with my brother's car. They had broken the windshield.
Speaker 6: Oh gosh.
Speaker 7: And he saw him one day and he told them, don't f with any cars tonight. They're like, excuse me, goes, Look, you guys got to go to bed. You want to app with cars? I can have with your car all night because I don't have to go to sleep. Never mess with my brother's car again.
Speaker 5: But you are also the kid messing with cars. I was and throwing tennis balls on the interstate of people. I was, yeah, okay, I feel like I give it a C. Mind you get to pass because nothing bad happened. But if I'm grading this whole thing, I give it a C minus. I don't think you should go out after other people's kids, though, because they didn't really do anything to your kids except yell at them.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they kind of threatened them. Okay, we'll slap you out of that swing.
Speaker 5: Amy, what do you if you're what do you give his grade for his actions? I give him a bee honor roll what for his reaction? But he has to stand up for his kids, and like I got to other kids to an adult, maybe you go to their parents. You find their parents and go to their parents.
Speaker 1: Okay, I know, but you're talking to someone. When those kids stole from my kids, I went and confronted them and the police told me not to.
Speaker 5: Why do you think the police told you not to? My friend? Exactly like the point, exactly.
Speaker 7: Point the cops told you not to.
Speaker 6: Let me tell you something. It takes a village and Lunchbox did the right thing by telling them not to mess with A plus A plus.
Speaker 1: So he got to see you b in an a.
Speaker 5: I think it's okay to tell kids not to mess with them, but to go up to him on a bike on the road when you don't know who's around their parents, I think that he puts himself in dangerous It's the best bits of the week. With Morgan number.
Speaker 3: Two, we all shared some life updates recently. One had to do with a grocery store. One was a portable device that somebody was gifted for their birthday. I took by some therapy and somebody on the show was worried about another show member.
Speaker 4: So just lots of things in here, and they're kind of updates, kind of just the life moments, all the things.
Speaker 5: If you will number four updates about life around the room.
Speaker 1: Amy Well, I have a little debate in my head right now because of the grocery store. Yesterday. I saw an interaction between a man and a woman in the line. We were checking out, and I was a few behind this woman that had a full cart and she was up next and the guy behind her only has two items, and I guess he was in a hurry, and he asked her, do you mind if I just go real quick before you, And she said no, sorry, I'm in a hurry too, Otherwise I guess I would let you. And he just mumbled under his breath, he's like so much for common decency, And I was like, what is wrong with him?
Speaker 5: Why?
Speaker 1: Why is she now at fault because she was ahead of you in line. I get that she has way more stuff, but if she's in a hurry too. She's going to get the heck out of there as well, and she doesn't have to give you that spot in line.
Speaker 5: They both kind of suck, yeah, because she doesn't have to. She doesn't have to get up the spot. But it's two items. They would take forty five seconds for him to get through if they're both in a hurry, and he's gonna go so quick. It's like the Dave Ramsey, so I'll pay off your lighta's death quick as you could actually let him go and almost lose no time. Where he is going to lose a lot of time. It's his fault. It's his fault, totally his fault. But you can roll and be like, hey, do you mind. She kind of sucks for not all know what, because if she's in such a hurry, she's not gonna have a full basket of groceries and get nineteen things. She's gonna get her things and get out of there quick. You're not in such a hurry if you have full grocery day. Okay, she probably was, just like I was in line first, which I respect, and you it's your spot in line. It's like people on planes who are like, hey, will you move so my kid can sit here? It'd be nice if they did, but you don't have to. And when they shame people who don't move, I'm like, no, they're no shame of them. They got that seat, she had that spot in line. That's absolutely hers. But also it's two items. It take them ten seconds. However, dude, you got there late. There's no mumbling comment. How about get there and be on time to stuff?
Speaker 1: You know. I was just like so glad I wasn't her in that moment.
Speaker 5: I feel like they both kind of suck a little bit there and that one Eddie.
Speaker 6: I got the best birthday gift ever from my sister. It's called a Ninja Blast blender. And it's a portable blender. It's the size of maybe like a tall boy, like a beer tall boy, and you charge it.
Speaker 5: That's all. That's all the size it is.
Speaker 6: Yeah, maybe a little bigger, huh. And so you charge it like a phone and then it's a blender and it works. So basically like if I go to like my workouts, I put all my fruit in there, my protein, and I don't have to blend it yet.
Speaker 5: What workouts are you going to or you're taking this your workout. You've never once brought it over.
Speaker 6: It's in my car. It's SATs in my car.
Speaker 5: When did you get it?
Speaker 1: He's going first birthday, birthday?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, and then it stays in my car. And then when I'm done my workout, I just hit and it blends while I'm driving and I can drink my smoothie. Not only that, dude, I can make I can put all this stuff for a margarita head to my kids baseball games in the parking lot.
Speaker 5: I think that invention is great, but he's not going to use it how he says he's using it in a car after a workout.
Speaker 6: Already been using it at home.
Speaker 5: I think it's a great practical thing to travel with, but he's not going to take fruit and travel with the fruit. And then that he's done that, I've done it.
Speaker 6: I even showed our trainer. He was like, WHOA, that's the coolest thing.
Speaker 5: How many times have you done it?
Speaker 6: Twice?
Speaker 5: And how many workouts did you in the morning before work twice? And did you quit that?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm just saying I think the inventions great. I'm not hitting on the adventtion. I think it's super cool.
Speaker 1: Wait I get I know ninjas make great blenders, but what's this one called Ninja.
Speaker 6: Boy and it's called the Ninja Blast blas.
Speaker 1: So it's like gives you, like maybe like a little sixteen outs smoothie.
Speaker 5: But it does sound really cool to make a sixteen out smoothie at home on the road, man.
Speaker 1: On the road, when you blend it up fresh if something about it, I get the idea behind that.
Speaker 5: He's not going to take it with them on the road and make it right when he gets.
Speaker 1: Literally it's a cordless portal. I had never heard of this before.
Speaker 5: I think the invention is cool. I know you, I know me. No way, no way. Why would you just not? It doesn't matter because the.
Speaker 1: Little pop tops, you're like drinking.
Speaker 6: It like you drink it like like the whole blender is like a cup.
Speaker 5: Man, awesome. I'm not talking about the invention, about your relationship to the invention.
Speaker 6: I'll bring it to my next workout.
Speaker 7: How gross is the fruit sitting in there?
Speaker 6: Grows fruit?
Speaker 5: Okay, but you can put it to make the drink in the blender and put the blender on a nice chest and it's the same.
Speaker 1: Guys, y'all don't understand the swig of a freshly bleach.
Speaker 6: It's bliss.
Speaker 1: Man, get his point and he can put it in a cooler and then fresh blood.
Speaker 5: Why would you want to do that in your truck?
Speaker 7: You got to bring it?
Speaker 5: Watch it. Okay, you're out of your mind. Okay, lunchbox speaking of it.
Speaker 7: Out of your mind. Amy has lost her mind?
Speaker 1: What did I do?
Speaker 6: This is now?
Speaker 8: Guy?
Speaker 7: She has full blown conversations with herself.
Speaker 1: Yes, I told you all, I've been having those. Sometimes I accidentally do it out loud and y'all hear it.
Speaker 7: She was doing a spot the other day, a commercial. Yeah, like a commercial, and then all of a sudden she messes up and she just starts talking to herself. Listen to this.
Speaker 5: You recorded her doing?
Speaker 1: Wait? No, how do y'all get this audio of me when I'm doing my own spot? Somebody is selling me out?
Speaker 7: No? No, no, there was no one in here. And I walked by the glassroom and it just as you can hear it in there over the speaker.
Speaker 5: So you so you recorded it?
Speaker 7: No, because she's recording the commercial and so, so.
Speaker 1: Then how did you get the audio on?
Speaker 7: Was it was? I was like hey whenever, whoever has that when they're done said.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's Kevin sold me out because Kevin. That's who I's in my audio to. I save it in Kevin's file.
Speaker 5: Okay, she's going crazy right now, Gray, would you hit it?
Speaker 1: I love doing that sort of stuff with my daughter. And back to that cozy situation. Did it say cozy fire? Did I say cozy fire? Or did I just say it in my head? I need to start over because I can't breathe. I'm not done, but I gotta work out. Man. I'm in doing much cardio. I'm trying to row. Have you ever rode? It's hard, like a rowing machine? Up my intensity.
Speaker 7: Okay, there's she's just talking to herself. That's weird.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 5: If there's somebody in here, like producing your spots that make.
Speaker 1: They're not they're not in here. But this is what I can explain. I figure when Kevin's getting the spots and he's putting them all together, I'm talking to him.
Speaker 5: I think he wants to hear you talk editing commercials.
Speaker 1: It's the future Kevin who's listening to those later, That's who I'm talking to.
Speaker 5: He's not listening to a podcast. He's doing one hundred commercials back there.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, somebody put a wet watch cloth on her head. My grandma always it's worked for me when I was a kid.
Speaker 1: You row so Kevin. You don't think Kevin likes.
Speaker 5: Slip No, No, I think he has a lot to do, and I don't think he wants to listen to like commentary while he's doing a hundred spots, you know, because he got all commercials from all of us.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that was weird to hear.
Speaker 5: That was weird. A couple more Morgan update.
Speaker 1: Oh I got a bit by a tick.
Speaker 6: Oh no, lime disease.
Speaker 5: Okay, well that's a that's a what where is it? It's a hefty jump. It's a hefty jump. Most ticks aren't lime disease. You're gonna freak her out cause she's been dealing with a lot of health issues. Let's pumped the breaks.
Speaker 1: I'm already honestly, I did.
Speaker 3: I took it out with tweezers, and I did put it in a baggie and it's currently being frozen in my bad off.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I know I've done this before, and I'd put it in the freezer and then I mailed it off, so I can't I tell you where to send it.
Speaker 5: I would say, Morgan, you're fine, but you can send it off. As someone who got by a lot of ticks growing up in the woods, most tics don't have lime disease. Now some do, and it really does mess you up. But I would say, the odds of you having lime disease from this tick are very, very very low. But Amy did this once and sent it off. So you send it off and we'll do the thing where you don't know the results we did on the air.
Speaker 1: Okay, we can do that.
Speaker 4: But also, guys, the head is still in my body.
Speaker 1: Oh, I get it out. You need to get that out.
Speaker 5: I tried.
Speaker 3: I tried to use a needle and get it out, and it was there was a lot happened.
Speaker 5: Like the fangs are still in your body.
Speaker 4: It was on my stomach like just right here, and I like looked down. I was like, oh my gosh, that's a tick.
Speaker 3: The legs were moving, and I pulled it out with tweezers because I tried all the little techniques of like getting it out and it wasn't coming out. So I pulled it out and then I looked down and I still see like a little brown.
Speaker 5: Spot amy and get in there. She got many splinters out of my feet over the years. It's not a splinter, but she can go in.
Speaker 7: So right now you have it in your stomach. Yeah, oh that is you are getting.
Speaker 5: No, No, you don't get.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It says, yeah, it's not too it doesn't seem too bad. But I just wouldn't feel comfortable with it in there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, maybe you can help her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, tweezers.
Speaker 5: I'll go, I'll finally go.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 5: My therapist asked me how many time it's been late to work yet? Because my challenge was to be late to work. Remember, he was like, hey, you need to be late to work a couple of times just to like break your your habits, like break your your rigidity. And I did tell him none, Yeah you haven't.
Speaker 1: Been, so then what's what's your punishment?
Speaker 5: I have to wear truck from my neck in therapy. But that's that. That was the update. He's also given me a couple of other challenges too that are very very uncomfortable for me because I haven't been late to work.
Speaker 6: Ever. I think you're even getting here earlier now, which is.
Speaker 5: I do I slowly started get, yeah, you're doing this opposite of what you're therapy telling you. I know, I know, I know, but that that that's the update, is that I had to have that conversation. He checked in and goes, okay, because I go, we don't talk about every time. You say how many times you've been late to work not late for air, but late as my normal time, And I said zero. And he's like, how do you think you're going to get better if you're not actually doing things that make you uncomfortable? And I completely agree that part. It's really hard.
Speaker 6: I can show you, man, it's really.
Speaker 5: I know. It's the best bits of the week with Morgan. Number two.
Speaker 3: I think we all feel like we are always honest on the show and share our true thoughts and feelings.
Speaker 4: Well, a show member came to the show.
Speaker 3: And said, no, I really need you guys to be honest with me about a particular subject. And it's kind of awkward and I feel also a little like I got yelled out for no reason.
Speaker 5: In the segment Number three. The segment might get awkward, it may not, but someone on the show has asked for one hundred percent pure honesty.
Speaker 1: Do not sugarcoated.
Speaker 5: Do not be safe with their feelings. Don't don't be precious about feelings. Just be honest. Okay, okay, all right, it's not me, it's.
Speaker 6: Eddie, and you're gonna be honest, right, guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we just can't look at you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I won't.
Speaker 6: You don't have to look at me.
Speaker 1: I'm not.
Speaker 5: I think you're gonna need to Nope, No, I think you're gonna need Okay, Okay, Eddie, we're gonna be honest. Everybody commitment to be honest for y Yeah, okay, go ahead, no problem, and don't answer until I come to you. Okay, but Eddie, go ahead and talk about scenario.
Speaker 6: Okay, guys, I just want to ask you a question, am I fat?
Speaker 1: Stop?
Speaker 5: Okay? Why do you think.
Speaker 6: Because Morgan had to do these AI like, uh, I don't know, action figures or something. You take three pictures of yourself, You send it to AI. You say, make an action figure out of me, and when I got back, I'm gonna send it to you guys right now, the original one I got back.
Speaker 5: Oh, we didn't see the original no no, no.
Speaker 6: I had to go back and say make me skinnier because the original one made me fat?
Speaker 5: Oh I see you?
Speaker 6: Oh and so I'm thinking, like, is it me thinking I don't look like that? Because I don't think I look like that? Okay, So my question for you guys, and just so.
Speaker 5: You told her make you skinnier.
Speaker 6: I told Ai make me skinnier. Please?
Speaker 5: You told Morgan to make a No Ai, you did it yourself?
Speaker 6: Yes, okay, and AI made me skinnier. But that's the original picture that it's sent it we want to see.
Speaker 5: So I said, it's in that group text. There's a viral, it's a meme, a trend where it's like this is the action figure and it says producer already on air. Personality is picture of Eddie. There's a Dallas cowboy. He had about one hundred kids, a grill and a guitar, basically his life and what do I look like? So he wants to know the question is what do I look like? That your question has changed. The question was at first am I fat?
Speaker 6: Correct?
Speaker 5: Is that what you want to answer to?
Speaker 6: Well? Yes, the answer is the question is am I fat? Because A I think so I'm fat? So I want to know my fat.
Speaker 5: Okay, See here's the thing you know different people are going to have different read like Amy is going to be very sensitive to your feelings, and.
Speaker 1: I can I can answer honestly on this.
Speaker 5: Go ahead.
Speaker 1: I can even look at it heat, I can take it. Come on, No, you're not. I don't. I'm I don't like commenting on your body anymore?
Speaker 5: Why right?
Speaker 1: But I know? But if he's asking genuinely, no, you're not.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's offensive when people don't like, well, ask like am I fat? But like and you just tell him you're fat? It's not offensive when I'm asking you, guys, tell me right now, look at me in the face. Am I fat?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: And you're not?
Speaker 5: Lunchbox Eddie.
Speaker 7: Unfortunately, you are fat in this figurine. And I think maybe you uploaded some fat photos because you had to upload three photos, so maybe you did old fat photos and that's how they thought you were fat.
Speaker 6: No, I took the photos of that moment and just sent.
Speaker 7: Them, Oh, because I don't think you're fat.
Speaker 5: What do you think? He is?
Speaker 7: Plum chubby?
Speaker 5: So you would say fat chubby?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 5: How do you feel about being chubby?
Speaker 6: I don't like it chubby. I feel like I don't feel like I'm chubby. I feel like I'm I.
Speaker 5: Would say this guy in the picture's chubby.
Speaker 7: No, I gos fat?
Speaker 6: You think?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 6: Okay, that's a fat dude.
Speaker 5: A I made me fat, Morgan, No, Eddie.
Speaker 4: I don't think you're fat, but I do think you have a dad bought.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, you're a dad.
Speaker 6: That's rude.
Speaker 1: You're a dad. That's a good thing.
Speaker 5: How you strong? How do you see yourself he works out? Yeah, like, how do you see yourself?
Speaker 6: Fit? With maybe a little bit of fluff, but overall fit.
Speaker 1: Yes, I would agree with that. He's overall fit.
Speaker 7: We didn't say you were unfit. You can be chubby and be fit.
Speaker 5: I would say you look strong. I don't know that I would use fit. Yeah, I wouldn't say fit, but I would say strong. And yeah, who cares? You got a little belly?
Speaker 6: That thing exactly? So does AI exaggerate what it sees like? Am I fit with a belly?
Speaker 5: I think you're strong. I don't think you're fit. I think you're strong. I think you're strong with I think you're strong with a belly.
Speaker 6: Strong with a belly. See, because like you like strong like doesn't mean like, I don't know, like you can be kind of bigger and look strong like Babe Ruth looked kind of strong.
Speaker 5: But it looks so I think our general consensus is you're not fat, but you're probably not as skinny as you think you are.
Speaker 6: Okay, okay, but.
Speaker 7: That all.
Speaker 5: That was fine?
Speaker 6: And then and then Morgan called me said, I had a dad.
Speaker 4: Boss, you have You've referred to yourself as having a dad.
Speaker 5: I think you have a strong dad body.
Speaker 6: What does that mean? What does that mean?
Speaker 5: You're the most sensitive and we appreciate that for you and who you are, and you know you're very sensitive to people's bodies and stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this whole thing is stupid.
Speaker 5: But this is he. He's the one that brought it.
Speaker 6: I want to know.
Speaker 5: He's the one that was like, can I please get full honesty.
Speaker 6: Because I don't want to live my life thinking I look like something? And then really I look like that.
Speaker 5: I don't think you look like that, but I don't also think you look like what you think you look like. I guess somewhere in the middle.
Speaker 1: None of us look like the AI thing, like, nobody really looks like. All of our figurines look a little different.
Speaker 5: Why didn't send mine back to be redone?
Speaker 6: Yours didn't come back fat, Yours came back skinny.
Speaker 5: My head looks stupid. I like Stephen Colbert on drugs. Yeah, but I didn't send it back.
Speaker 6: I wasn't worried about the face like or the head whatever. But when it came back, look maybe me looking like a lumpapa.
Speaker 5: So what do you take from this conversation? We're all honest with you. What did you learn here?
Speaker 6: I think Amy is being very very nice. She said the nicest thing about me. But I think she's being sweet.
Speaker 5: Don't want her my sweet person person?
Speaker 6: Does that? You were pretty honest with me.
Speaker 5: I think you're strong strong, you have back muscles, are strong.
Speaker 6: I like that.
Speaker 5: I think you have you still have a little belly.
Speaker 6: Yeah. And then Lunchbox. I can't really take what he says because he's just, you know, saying things that make me mad. Morgan and Morgan's hurt. Morgan's hurt me a little bit.
Speaker 1: You called yourself that so many times.
Speaker 5: So I don't know, dude, do you feel growth from this growth?
Speaker 1: Ware?
Speaker 6: I feel like I need to look at myself more of an understanding. I'm fatter than I thought I was.
Speaker 5: You're not fat, you're not fat.
Speaker 6: You're gonna make me cry.
Speaker 1: I'm also worried that Eddie sent his fat figurine to my old number.
Speaker 6: Did you?
Speaker 5: Oh no, Amy's old numbers got sent to the and it's gotten all my information on.
Speaker 1: Whoever has my old phone number is a minor and they have thrown to call the police.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, they don't know you asked them and I look like that right, So send that number of picture of you shirtless and say.
Speaker 2: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan number.
Speaker 3: Two Counting Crow stop by our studio, which, if you've been the listener for a long time, or maybe you haven't, this is one of Bobby's favorite bands, so he totally geeked out. He even had a dedication to them in his first book, So Huge Fans.
Speaker 4: Is a cool moment.
Speaker 3: And beyond having a really fun interview and hearing about some of the moments in their career, they also did a performance which you can go check out on our YouTube page at Bobby Bone Show and while you're there, subscribe do it for Eddie myself in Lunchbox. We make some money if we hit five hundred thousand subscribers, which could be really hard.
Speaker 4: But we're trying it.
Speaker 5: Number two on the Bobby Bone Show.
Speaker 1: Now Adam Durrett's of Counting Crows.
Speaker 9: Adam, good to see you again, buddy. Hey, no, I realized there's things going on in the head that I'm missing out on. It was literally a voice just going and now Adam Durret's counting Crows.
Speaker 5: I mean, if you really wanted to hear that?
Speaker 6: Did sound cool?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Intro seven out of ten?
Speaker 9: All right, okay, it's cool as long as I got the idea. Now I feel like I've hit the stage. There's been a yeah I'm here here? Do you guys have an intro?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 5: When you come out?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 9: Why do you guys come out? We usually play this song it lately it's been stand By. It's lying the family stone, lights go down, stand comes on. We come on about midway through the song.
Speaker 5: So the song is playing like over the top and you guys walk out.
Speaker 6: On the hall.
Speaker 5: It comes out when you do a set list? How often does it change during a tour?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 6: Every night?
Speaker 5: Is that part of your you know, I don't know. Creative nightly task is to recreate the set list?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Im or who he was here a second ago? He and I do it after dinner sometime. Does that depend on the mood that you're in. Yeah, yeah, just sort of what do you want to play tonight? That way, we're playing stuff we want to play.
Speaker 5: Do you ever do want of you ever go hey, maybe we haven't played this song in a while, we throw this in. Is there ever like a battle?
Speaker 9: No, it's usually like that, you know, somebody wants it's I mean, anybody in the band can say, hey, you know, I've been really dying to play this, and if we you know, if it's if we've been playing it, we just stick in the set list. If we haven't been, we'll work at soundcheck and then put it in the set list. Sometimes we need a few days to work on something if we haven't played it for a decade or something.
Speaker 5: You know, Oh, you'll bring old songs back sometimes, yeah.
Speaker 9: Because people like you know, we have so many records at this point and so many songs, and people like get to where they're dying to hear something, or someone's girlfriend is pretty insistent about something. My girlfriend really wanted us to play this song Butterfly and Orver for a long time, and it was a song even when it was released, we only played it once or twice. One of my friends checked on the whatever the archive, we only played it once or twice, and we worked on it and put it in the set, and now it's been like every night for a few years. That everybody loved it so much that it's kind of stuck in there. But yeah, you know, there's things you haven't played in a long time.
Speaker 5: Are there any songs that you feel you have to play every night? Is there one song that stays in the thread the whole time? A long December does nothing else? I mean, I don't feel like there's anything I have to play every night, because sometimes you just get tired of it. There anything there is, you get tired of it, except for some reason, for me, A Long December, I never get tired of it. There's never been a night where I didn't want to play it. I don't know why that is. I have no idea, but I'm always kind of excited to play it. Like an arrangement change up on that song, like playing it by yourself at a piano or the full band. Does that ever change even though the thread as you play that song every night.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean, we'll change little details of it. There's little like breakdowns that go into it. For the last couple year and a half, I started. I just we went to see Taylor Swift and it was really great and I really loved that song the one, and so I started like backstage working on a version of it by myself, and then I just walked down stage one night and played it and let it right into A Long December. So it the end of that song built and became the intro to A Long December. And I've been doing it that way for about a year now and I'm really loving it. I don't know, It's such a great song and it was a real cool surprise to then crash it into a Long December and start that song from there. So I've been doing it that way, but I've done that with different songs. I remember doing it with Live Forever, that Oasis song. We were touring Anyone once and I went, you know, and figured out how to play Love Forever and then just surprised everybody on stages at one.
Speaker 5: Night with cell phones too. It's got to be different because if you're gonna go do Taylor, the one that's either gonna go super viral or it's not it's gonna be kind of weird.
Speaker 9: Well, it was kind of cool because at some point midway through the first verse, I alway hear the scream from a bunch of girls like it happens, because it's not immediately recognizable as that song, because I'm playing it pretty differently, kind of inside out. But at some point, like two thirds of the way through the third verse or the first verse, there's just a scream from a bunch of girls who realize what's going on, and then I don't know where they're hitting their mom going no, you don't understand, mom.
Speaker 5: How has content creation been for you with music? Because that's different for anybody that was, you know, playing the nineties and two thousands. I have friends now that are struggling with man, I have to make content now to go with my music. How has that been for you and you guys, Well, it's kind of a I was really enthusiastic about social media when it first started. I was on the message boards at AOL, you know, in ninety six when I realized, oh, here's a way to talk directly to fans. I don't have to go through the press or something. And then when Twitter came out. I really jumped on that.
Speaker 9: The problem is you're not always at the forefront of something, Like you're patting yourself on the back for being on the message boards, you know, ten years before social media, and then you're patting yourself on the back for building up Twitter and you don't realize that Instagram is the next thing, or you don't or you finally get on hold of that. And you know, as you're older, you're not in touch with the same stuff that kids are, and so you don't realize that TikTok is really important. You know that it's just inevitable that you fall behind because you're not keyed into the same you know, zeitgeist as kids are. But yeah, you just kind of adjust, you try to. I mean, I think at this point in my life, I'm always a little behind, which is okay.
Speaker 5: It's you know, it's kind of fun to catch up. Sometimes some of my friends are like, man, I hate singing into a phone like that. They really have struggle with like singing in their songs into a phone to put it on TikTok? Was that? Ever? When you shot content, do you shoot it wider? Because you can shoot a video ish style or where it doesn't feel as ridiculous, because it does feel kind of weird to put your phone up in sing right into it. How are you guys doing that?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 9: Early on, I mean, I don't mind singing into my phone because I was doing it for voice memos. It was like, Wow, I got a thing I can record, I work on new songs. I can record and write them. That seemed like the coolest thing in the world to me. I didn't need a recording studio. I have my phone. And then I started doing like it was a little while to learn how to do all the stuff and learn to edit. You know, I had to go learn how to edit stuff, get the editing apps. And I was making cooking videos because I was bored during the pandemic, so I was making I was, you know, teaching kind of cooking lessons on my Instagram.
Speaker 5: And then you know, I watch a lot of it.
Speaker 9: I see people doing these clips of songs and how you only have to do a whole song, but clips of songs are really cool and I kind of like watching them. So, you know, I wised up to doing that, but it took me till this record to wise up to doing that. It's not hard to do them though, sometimes doing my phone. Sometimes we have a videographer who works with us. He'll come over and just film me doing stuff, or he filmed when we were making the record. He was there with cameras. So you know, we've been using clips of all of us from in the studio that we filmed. And then I had them come over and shoot a bunch of clips of me just doing the vocals because they were a little bit it wasn't as immediate the clips from the side away from the mic in the studio, so I wanted to cut a bunch of clips of just my face doing stuff. I called them up and said, I want to make videos out of these, but I don't want to just use the studio footage. I want to shoot stuff in front of a screen. And so we did that and we've been putting those up for Spaceman and now for Under the Aurora.
Speaker 5: You mentioned voice notes, So what were you using before voice notes? Was it just a pad of paper all that was a notebook all the time. Well, I mean I always use these notebooks, but I also had there was an app. It was it was just called like recorder, but it was just an app that had really good compression on it that you just pushed record so I could use it on my computer back then, and it was a really great It was a better app than any I've found since then. It just sort of did all for You had a great compression, a great Q on it, and it was boneheaded. You just pushed record and play and it did great recordings. I did a whole record with that app. At one point just called all my Bloody Valentine's. It was like Valentine's the week before Valentine's Day ten years ago or whenever it was, and I just said, I'm gonna record a song. I'm gonna learn to cover a day and record a song a day for the next week leading up to Valentine's Day. And I just did seven songs and ended up putting it out and giving it away to all our fans. Do you have any of your original handwritten lyrics to any of the old any of the old songs?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I've got all these lyric books. Yeah, to just live somewhere in your house. Yeah, there's like piles of them. I've always written in these books, so I have these little ones that they are like spiral binders that are about that big. They're like for school, you know notebooks. I used them when I was in college too. I don't do it as much anymore. I find the notes function in my phone is really great because I just lay around. Also, we've all stopped writing, yeah, so writing's not as like natural as it was. So you know, with my phone, I can walk around when I'm working on a song, can just walk around huming stuff to myself and I just you know, type it into the notes. I have a lot of lyrics in my notes, but I still use the notebook for stuff too.
Speaker 5: We were talking a little bit ago about how gen Z doesn't know has never written a handwritten letter, and my answer to that was, well, you know, our parents never churned butter, and I'm sure their generation ahead of them was like, I can't believe the kids now. I don't churn butter. So there are certain skills that you don't have to have, you know, as time goes by. I just feel though, if I use a like GPS, I know how to get nowhere because I GPS everywhere. And if I write everything down onto my phone, like I write a bunch of joke Ida and on my phone constantly, but I don't remember stuff as well. If I'm putting it in digitally, does your mind remember the same digitally as it as handwritten?
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 9: I mean I realized last night. I was I can't remember what I was out to dinner last night, and my girlfriend was giving her phone number to somebody, like one of our friends. And I suddenly realized, Oh, that's not cool. You don't know her number. I mean I knew, I don't know. I know, like seven or eight number, I wouldn't she was saying it. I was in my head going, oh, and then the last two numbers I had wrong. I'm like, Wow, you don't know your girlfriend's phone number.
Speaker 5: I would be in trouble if I were being held hostage. I know nobody's phone number unless it was from Like I know my friend Evan's dad's number from when I was like twelve, Like I can remember that one, but I don't know anybody's phone number. Now. Being held hostage comes with a lot of other problems anyways, But first I need to call somebody. They're like, they're like, we demand ransom, and I'm like, I don't know how to get a hold of anybody.
Speaker 9: And then that's kind of the cops give you one call. I don't know about hostages. Sometimes they do, but what if they just don't like you.
Speaker 5: Then they will not want to ransom. And you're not hostage, you're just dead. Yeah, then you're just dead.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's there's a lot of problems of the hostage situation above and be on the phones. But I get your point.
Speaker 5: Did you watch Why Lotus last night?
Speaker 6: But I did? I did?
Speaker 5: You did?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 5: Okay, no, I'm not done yet. Okay, then I was a little disappointed. But we're not giving any answers, not saying anything, but a lot of people so I watched the whole thing, right, My wife had already watched all of it, and I just wanted to watch the finale with her. So I did like seven episodes this past weekend just to totally catch up. And I was told by a lot of people season three was pretty slow. I felt season three, the people in it, and again no spoilers, not to be as gross as seasons one and two, just generally, you know.
Speaker 6: It's the weird thing.
Speaker 9: Season one had like six episodes and season two had seven, and season three had eight, and I thought six would have been great for all of them. They'd just be He's a really, really, really good writer, and somehow expanding it just kind of I don't want to. It's such a good show. I had never watched it, and then this year I never. My girlfriend talked me into watching it and we watched the first season like.
Speaker 5: Binged it, second season binged it. Third season got through two episodes and I was like what, and she said, Oh, no, that's that's where we're up to right now. Why are we watching it?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 5: I don't.
Speaker 9: I like to binge everything, you know, and she so, then I've been doing it every week. I'm not sure whether it's storting how it feels to me because I have to wait for it.
Speaker 6: It felt really padded.
Speaker 5: I did all binge all three seasons, and I finally finished right before the finale. So my feeling was my yeah, season three people didn't feel as gross feltretty good about it. That's cool, but there was I never felt the need to get back to it, but I did enjoy it while it was on. It was one of those weird, slow burned shows for me.
Speaker 6: I love the other seasons.
Speaker 9: I just like I kind of felt like also, I felt there's a lot of padding this season. But I was also thinking, well, I bet the ending it will be great, you know there, because we're gonna get there finally.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well, don't worrybody, We're not gonna saynything about it. We're not gonna say it. No, no, no spoiling there. What else do you guys watch?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 9: Like, did you watch Severance? Watch the first season and I thought that was incredible.
Speaker 5: One of my favorite seasons ever of any show. And we're gonna I think we're gonna watch the second season after this.
Speaker 6: We just watched is it Black Doves?
Speaker 1: That?
Speaker 6: Kieran also that.
Speaker 5: Was great, freaking awesome. I'd be a Black Dove. I'd be good at that. Yeah you would, Yeah, I mean as long as you're not held hottage. Yeah yeah, well I didn't know a phone number if I'm held hostage. How does writing songs now compare to writing songs twenty years ago? You know, we talked about the difference in digitally or writing it with a hand, But like, do you feel the need and do you schedule writing now or can you only just go when you feel like it?
Speaker 6: I just write when I feel.
Speaker 9: I don't write a lot as soon as I started touring and really being in this band, I stopped writing all the time. I wrote every day for you know, ten years before that when I started writing songs, But then I can't really write on tour because I don't play guitar. I played piano and poorly that and then I so I wouldn't write for like a year and a half because we'd be on tour. So I tend to Ever since then, I've tended to just kind of not write for a year or two and then write with ten songs whatever the record is, and sometimes there's an extra song or two, but not many. I don't write a lot of extras. So it was different this time because I I wrote all I just think the I've been sort of changing some of the ways I write, and sort of my the music I was writing was a little more ambitious than my ability to play it, and so I couldn't really tell how the songs were. I finally I sat on them for a couple of years because I hadn't have a lot of confidence in them, and then I called the guys up and said, I wrote, we'd love for me to z from this the first song on the record, and I knew I loved it, and I thought, I got to figure out what I'm doing with.
Speaker 5: The rest of the songs.
Speaker 9: And I called, you know, Immer and a couple of other guys are bass player and drummer, and said, just I need everybody to come to my house for a week. I just need to play this stuff with you. I need to hear how it is with the band and then I'll know. And when as soon as we started playing it, I was like, oh, wow, this is I love this stuff, but this is the first time. A lot of it was in my head, like I couldn't really play it, but I knew it. I knew how it was supposed to go, had the chords. I just my ability to play piano. I couldn't do these songs. And so I was carrying around in my head until I heard them play it. I describe what I wanted and it was great, and I was really excited, but that that hadn't really happened.
Speaker 5: Before the with Love from A to Z Whenever, because I've listened whenever. The first half came out and it was all one track. Loved that thought it was super cool, and then I guess then it split up into songs later, I will shout out the name Bobby uh two references on this record.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I know it was very inspired by you know, the last time we were hanging out.
Speaker 5: Thank you very much. Well Bobby and the Right Kings. I think was already exist existent when we hung out last time, but this one. But I knew we were gonna hang out yea, yeah, yeah, I knew it was gonna happen. Spaceman of Tulsa. I get a shout out as well, you're back, Yes, I'm back baby.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So when you do new records, how how many these songs do you put on a set list tonight? You have so many songs to kind of jump between.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 9: I mean the Suite. I really only liked playing the Suite altogether. The guys that tried to get me to like just play single songs, but I really like it.
Speaker 6: All is one.
Speaker 9: So that's a chunk if you're gonna play that, I mean, that's twenty minutes of the show right there.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 9: I guess it depends on the night. We'll start doing it and you stick them in. I don't know, it's weird, you know, like we're you want to play your whole new record. But sometimes there was a time we could do that when everyone was buying all the records and everybody knew all the songs. So maybe if Spaceman and Telsa blows up to the roof or under the Aurora does, or one of them does, we can just play the whole record for people.
Speaker 5: What's the song that you hear out randomly the most of ours?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I suppose it's probably mister Jones. I hear Long December a lot.
Speaker 6: Especially.
Speaker 9: It's become kind of a Christmas standard, Like every like holiday season, it seems like everybody's covering it, and it shows up like on TikTok and on Instagram, you know, people playing it.
Speaker 6: This year, m J.
Speaker 9: Linderman was doing a version right around Christmas, and Gracie Abrams sang it. I saw that benefit for the fires.
Speaker 5: It was awesome. What do you think about that?
Speaker 6: That was cool?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean I always think it's cool.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 9: I think our songs are kind of weird sometimes that you know, my phrasing's a little difficult.
Speaker 5: I don't, I don't.
Speaker 9: I don't hear a lot of people covering us, except in bars. Sometimes you know where you don't necessarily want to hear it as much.
Speaker 5: But have you in a bar and heart someone covering you? Yeah? And what someimes? It's really good that I heard a version of a round here a while ago.
Speaker 9: That was like, wow, that that was really good, actually suppressed.
Speaker 5: Do you tell them it's you?
Speaker 9: Oh no, no, well I used to have it used to be obvious it was me before I shaped off the dreads like it was, there was no question it was me.
Speaker 6: Then.
Speaker 9: I think I'm a little more anonymous now. I think I'm a lot more anonymous now.
Speaker 5: Was that a big decision to cut off the dreads?
Speaker 6: Not really.
Speaker 9: I felt it wasn't a big decision to me. I just felt like I was excited. I mean, it wasn't really that. I just kind of did it on a whim, you know, like, uh, but I think it was a big decision for a lot of other people somehow.
Speaker 6: And I get asked about it a lot.
Speaker 5: One of my neighbors lives a few houses down is Tibow and Burnett. Oh really yeah, and he was that he was over a few weeks ago. We were talking about August and everything after and the wallflowers. Uh what was working with him like as a producer. That's a long time ago.
Speaker 6: I mean it was cool.
Speaker 9: He's really good. He's got you know, there's a lot of producers that just have like a sound like they've got a studio trick that they do and that's what they their records sound like, t bones, not really quantifiable like that. He he helps you figure out who you are and who you want to be on a record. I think he's really It's why he's worked with a lot of bands on their first records. It made a lot of really good first records with bands, because I think he really helps you define yourself. He's got a thing that, you know, an understanding of music that not everybody has. He's really really good at that.
Speaker 5: He brought the coolest friend over, which is Ringo Star. They came over together. That's pretty that's a strong friend or guest. Yeah, that's that's a strong friend. Who was responsible for putting you as background vocals of sixth Avenue Heartache.
Speaker 9: Well, you know, the Wallflowers had made their first album on Version and it's a really good record, but it didn't really make much of an impression. It's it's it's not it didn't really sum up who they were. And Jake and I were friends. I was bartending at the Viper Room and he was there a lot, and we would talk about, you know, what we were doing. And he asked me at one point, I think if I had any advice about that, and I said, well, you know, t Bone is really good. What I just told you is like helping you define yourself. And I felt like that's kind of what that record needed. That he's a real unique guy and a unique songwriter and singer, and that didn't get brought out as much on that first record, and so I suggested t Bone. And you know, a few months later, I was at home. I lived in Laurel Canyon then, and I got a phone call from either t Bone or Andy Slater, who was Jake's manager, and they're like, we have we're working on this song and it's just not singing yet, you know, do you want to come down and singing? I was like, which song? He said, six ave new Hardech. I said, I don't really know that one, because I knew a lot of the Jake songs that he was working on. And he said, well, will you just come down the hill? And so I went down and had a beer and listened to it, and then had a beer and sang it a couple times and left. I mean it just felt great. I mean it was like that. They just felt like we figured out exactly that that was just what that song needed. It was a great song. It just needed something to pick up the chorus, and it just felt great right away. I think I only sang it once or twice, and then I went back home and it turned out great.
Speaker 5: How long until you actually hear it.
Speaker 9: I think they sent me a copy like the next day I got it, but I heard it right then and we went into the controller matter.
Speaker 5: I sang it.
Speaker 6: It sounded great.
Speaker 9: I mean, that's like he's got Mike Campbell from the Heartbreakers playing the guitars on that song. It's a really good band. I think Ben montangees on that one too, from the Heartbreakers. I don't know about that, but yeah, it just felt great. I knew it was great right away. It just felt really like sometimes you just figure out the right thing to sing.
Speaker 6: It makes it makes it work.
Speaker 5: SNL just did their fifty years You guys performance on SNL.
Speaker 6: One of them.
Speaker 5: I'm not sure how any of you did just popped up on my TikTok the other day. This guy named Huggy posts all the music performances on TikTok. What do you remember from SNL? It was a rough week. It had a really hard time we had.
Speaker 6: We had.
Speaker 9: Said no for a long time when they asked us, because we were just sort of like, we wanted to play around here at Mister Jones. We wanted to play round here first. We didn't want to edit the songs we had. Both Lettermen and SNL were asking us to be on, and we just were really determined to do it the right way. It was going to be our first appearance ever on television.
Speaker 5: They wanted you to edit it for time.
Speaker 9: Yeah, they wanted both have metited. They wanted Mister Jones first. I really wanted to play round here first. I didn't want to edit the songs, and so we kind of negotiated with both shows for the longest time until SNL agreed, okay, yeah, you can, you can play them the way you want to and you can play around here first. And then we got there that week and they were like, oh, by the way, we changed our mind, and I was like no, and they said, yeah, I know, we're going to have to do it this way, and I said, no, we're doing it this way. And it's okay, we'll leave, but we're not doing that. And it was just a difficult week, fighting with them all week, and then it was great.
Speaker 6: We played great. It made our career.
Speaker 9: I'll say that it made our career because we weren't even in the top two hundred and that record jumped forty spots a week for five weeks after we played Saturday Night Live and until we were at number two for the next two years. I mean, it made our career.
Speaker 5: What'd you play first? Round Here?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean it was great. It was It was perfect because like mister Jones is a great song, it really is. But there's a lot of songs like mister Jones that are just catchy, you know, kind of rock tunes. But round Here is unique, you know, and I think it just like this is who we are. It's not what you've been hearing before. And it completely made our career. We were not even in the top two hundred before we played SNL and you know, a month later we were at number ten and then number two or something like that, and you know, but it was a difficult week. I went there once. My friend was Ian McKellen's agent, and when like all the Lord of the Ring movies are coming out, he hosted and there was this one producer who kept getting sent to do all the talking to us. You know. I was in the green room because they wanted me to come. I had never been back since then, so this is like eight years later. And I saw this guy walk by in the hallway and then he came back and he's like, whoa, I never thought i'd see you again.
Speaker 5: That's going on.
Speaker 9: And I was like, uh, nothing, just my friend represents Ian and he's like, oh cool, well, you know, no hard feelings. I was like, no, that's fine, man, all right, do you want to get high? I was like no, that's cool, right, okay, cool, see you later.
Speaker 6: It was weird.
Speaker 5: I was like they'd look on his face that he's like, wow, I.
Speaker 6: Never thought i'd see you again.
Speaker 5: That's funny. Yeah. The record, so it's the completion of the twenty twenty one right, So that's what it seems like to me. So it's the rest of that. This is all one album. So why was this a whole body of work that you know, had been working on and recording and now you're done with it, or to just keep going after twenty twenty one and keep building on that.
Speaker 9: No, I just wrote the sweet It was really like a standalone thing. And then we were interrupted by the pandemic anyways, and then when the pandemic was over, I went back to my friends. He's got a farm in the west of England, which is where I wrote the whole suite, and I worked and I wrote a lot of this stuff, and on the way home, I stopped in London and sing on my friend's record. They've got this band, Gang of Youth, Australian band. They live in London, though, And when I got home from that a little while later, they sent me the record and it was so good. It's called Angel in Real Time. And I just had this thought, like, Wow, these songs aren't as good as their songs. I thought this stuff was really great, but I'm seeing it in perspective compared to their stuff. You know, it needs some work. And I actually went back to the drawing board and I rewrote the chorus for under the Aurora, like I rewrote a bunch of the stuff, and I thought it was really good at that point. But that's kind of why I didn't have a lot of confidence in it, and I sort of sat on it for two years before I wrote With Love from Me to Z and then called the guys like I told you, uh, But but it was an experience I've never had before. I've never kind of like finished things and thought, oh wait, they're not that they're not good enough. But that's kind of why it took a little longer. But originally I was just writing the suite, but then I wanted to write this stuff to go along with it.
Speaker 5: You mentioned you had a Taylor Sweats tour. What did you see there that was inspiring?
Speaker 6: Wow?
Speaker 9: It was just really well thought out, you know. I mean, I write songs and sing, and there's a lot that goes into a concert that has to do with like set design.
Speaker 6: We don't do a ton of that.
Speaker 9: If you want to do visuals and videos and stuff, there's a lot of thought that has to go into what's the right visual to put behind your song? And I know how complex that thought process can be. And we don't do a lot of video. We're generally set moods with lights. But the thought that had gone into the visual presentations at that tour, like how it was really moving. It was really really good. And this combination of the sets, the incredible video presentation, the movement on stage, the whole thing. There's just a lot of complex creative thought that goes into making a show like that.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 9: It's it's practically like making an entire movie, you know. And also it's three plus hours long. That's a lot, you know that. I was really impressed with the amount of creative people from different disciplines that had come together and made that really impressive show that wasn't just like laserium, you know, like lasers like you know, you see it. It was like moving. Each song was really thought out. All the things that went into each song were really thought out, and they really worked. I was just very impressed by it. It's not the kind of show we put on, but I thought it was brilliant.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 5: One of the old man things that I say kids miss out on now are the secret tracks. And there's a couple of different secret tracks that I think of with you guys, and one was the uh maybe it was hard Candy you hold down the fast forward and you guys did the Joni Mitchell song before Vanessa Carlton came on, was that Hard Candy. At the end of Hard Candy, Oh.
Speaker 9: Yeah, okay, yeah, we had to rush out the initial pressings of that record, so we didn't have Vanessa's parts on there yet. I think you had to like hold down the fast forward but just barely to get to it or let it. You fall asleep with it on and then all of a sudden the song startles you. But even before that, when it.
Speaker 6: Was the what I Want wow in the Desert Life.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and at the end of that that that that art is no longer because now if there's a track that's seventeen minutes long, you just see that and you're like, well, why would you guys pick those songs to do hidden and who was the one that suggested to do it hidden track?
Speaker 9: Well, sometimes it's just something I really like that doesn't work in the flow of the record. It just didn't feel like part of the record, like kid Things on a Desert Life. On Desert Life just didn't feel like part of the record. But I really loved it, and thematically it was part of the record, but it was done really low fi and it just it didn't fit in the I tried to fit in the flow and I couldn't sequence it. I mean, I know nobody listens to records anymore, but I really like to make records and I want you to be able to sit down and listen to it all the way through, even if nobody's gonna do it.
Speaker 5: That's what I really like. I like making that work.
Speaker 9: And sometimes I just couldn't get a song to fit, which meant I left a couple of songs I love off records and I hit a couple just because that seemed kind of fun. It was like a nice Easter egg for fans. That was the thing with the with the kid things. It just didn't it fits thematically, but it didn't it didn't flow in the record. But uh, Big yell a Taxi was different because we just spent this one weekend doing all these covers for B sides when we were while we were mixing the record, we were like in another little room just cutting cover songs, and uh.
Speaker 6: That just turned it.
Speaker 9: We had this kind of acoustic hip hop version of Big Yellow Taxi that we play in concert, but we wanted to try doing a remix with it. We like went out to Farrell back then it was just starting in the Neptunes, then went back to him, Jimmy jamm and Terry Lewis from the time, but we weren't able to sort of get any of it done in time. And Ron Fair came and said, hey, I know you've been doing this with all these other guys, but I actually did a version and I think it works really well. And he sent it to me and I was like, oh, that does work. That's really cool. Thanks, And then he wanted to have someone sing on it. And right before we were mixing Hard Candy, he was in there mixing a record with this with Vanessa Carlton, her first record, you know. And I had heard a bunch of it because he was in there, you know, and Jack Josepegeld played me some of her songs, thought that they were really good, and I knew that I had to leave for tour before we were going to be able to finish it, and I thought it might be intimidating for someone to come in and sing on one of our tracks, but he could get a lot out of a woman he had just worked with. Well, she would be comfortable enough with him to actually like improv on our track, and she did.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it worked out great.
Speaker 9: It's funny because she was this total unknown singer and then by the time it came out, she was very popular.
Speaker 5: The complete Sweet comes up May ninth. Man, you guys doing a lot of shows too. Do you do the touring where you just go away and don't come back for a couple of months.
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Mostly, Yeah, we the weekend this sort of a Nashville thing, I know, yeah, Friday, Saturday, maybe maybe Thursday, maybe Sunday, but back home. Yeah, that sounds very convenient. Yeah it is. Yeah, so you guys just go because you guys are going like Europe too, the whole thing.
Speaker 9: Yeah, we're doing the whole summer is gone or out on the tour in America. You know, we passed through home wherever your home is, you usually pass through it, and then we'll go to Europe in the fall.
Speaker 5: That's pretty cool. A lot of days from June and we'll put them up in the notes here on the podcast, but from June, yeah, all the way up until November. Yeah, yeah, until it gets cold.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Do you do cold weather shows or most of your show's amphitheaters, Well, not during the summer, but other times a year. Do you ever play, you ever play the longest in December and the crowd goes ah, Like just because you yelled December, it's like yelling at city when you're in it.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like he said, our month, he said our month.
Speaker 6: This is crazy.
Speaker 9: I should write one for each month because then I would have hits any time of the year.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that would be good. Uh, we're going to play some music here in this second. Oh, by the way, I should tell you not that it matters. I looked it matters me. It doesn't matter. But this was the first book ever wrote, and it was best seller for a little bit. It's pretty Cool'm pretty proud of it. But I thank you guys in the back of the book. Really, I did, Can I have a copy? Well, you don't want no, No, it's not sure you can have a copy. But it wasn't for that. I just I it was laying here by my foot, and I was like, you know, because you guys are you guys are my favorite band of all time, And so I said, I wonder if I thanked them in the credits like the book, and I did. You're on the back page when it was like, hey, I want to think kund of Cross.
Speaker 9: I know you came to that show in Nashville few years ago and they told me you were there. Then you didn't come backstage.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because I don't want to be that guy like I just want to and honestly, and I think you'll understand this, I didn't want to not like you because I love I love my relationship with your music, and I didn't want to not like you. And so I was like, you know what, I'm good because the place I'm in now with Count of Crows, it couldn't be better.
Speaker 9: I hear you, I hear you. If you come backstage at some point, I promise not to be well.
Speaker 5: Now I like you, though now I'm feel good about it. But that was really the reason. They were like, you want to go meet at him? And I was like, no, I just enjoyed the show. I was like, I do not because right now I love Adham. He might be well and not even that, but like I intured doing stand up and some days you just don't feel good. Some day that's true, and so I just didn't want it to be there. So next time I probably still won't. But right now, when I say, well, can I have a book or else, now I'll give you a book. I want a book. It's really cool. They were thanking in the back.
Speaker 6: Of the book.
Speaker 1: I won't want How did you think him?
Speaker 5: Like I said, I just thanked him for the music for like all the you know, I mean.
Speaker 1: You read it, read it.
Speaker 5: Okay, what if it's like Adam, I'm in love with you. Also a big sad hug to the County Crows for making lots of great music that makes me sad by feeling happy, by feeling sad. Actually that's pretty great. Actually, yeah, it's nice. Yeah, because I mean that's how I felt. So I got a little choked out.
Speaker 6: That was actually pretty good.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you well, and I'll clarify some importance behind that and some of Bobby's up bringing. You can have a lot of space to feel, so I think your music gave him that space to feel sad.
Speaker 9: Hug all around. I'm not making funn of you. That's actually really sweet. I'm kind of touched by that.
Speaker 5: But any hug at all was happy for me. And now we're going too far. That's right, Okay.
Speaker 2: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan Number two.
Speaker 1: Some things get really weird at our work.
Speaker 4: And this is one of those moments.
Speaker 5: Ay, he's doing something.
Speaker 3: Lunchbox witnessed it, and he was like, I cannot believe she was doing this at work.
Speaker 4: And I know you guys might have went to a dirty place. That's not what this is about.
Speaker 1: Okay, don't go there.
Speaker 3: Gode awkward though all the way around, and I'm not sure how I feel about it on multiple levels.
Speaker 4: But without further ado, here's.
Speaker 3: Lunchbox witnessing Amy doing something at work.
Speaker 1: Don't go there. Okay, it's not dirty.
Speaker 5: Number one, you were doing therapy at work.
Speaker 1: Well, it had to because it was virtual. But we got done like two minutes after it was supposed to start, so I had to like run to a production room and pull up my computer and.
Speaker 5: Then I would have never done that. Here microphones and people.
Speaker 1: I know, But what was I supposed to do?
Speaker 5: I postponed.
Speaker 1: No, this was the only slot she had available, and we had a book at last minute, and it was for noon one day, and that's normally when we get done ish, So I was like planning on a production room. But you never know. Sometimes if we got an eleven forty five, it would have just driven somewhere. But it was twelve oh two. So I ran to a production room, got on my computer and loaded up the zoom and I'm totally We're in therapy. My boyfriend is joining me, my therapist is on there, We're all in the computer, and out of the corner of my eye through the production room window, I started seeing Lunchbox and we're having a moment in the session and he is like making faces and noises and I'm like, did.
Speaker 5: You know what she was doing?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 7: At first I didn't know what she was doing, but then when I realized it, I was like, Oh, this is kind of funny, and it was kind of interesting to see an animal in their habitat because Amy is like mis therapy and I've never seen her do therapy and she talks about it all the time. I mean, I've never seen Amy so focused. She was dialed in.
Speaker 5: Did you think you shouldn't watch?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 5: Like, that's very private thing. It's a very personal thing.
Speaker 7: I mean, what is so private about it? There's a window, you're doing something where there's a windows, the doors closed, you have the light on, and you're at work, So I mean, is it really that private?
Speaker 5: I want to still go you knew what it was, so, Yes, I would have never done.
Speaker 1: That at work, I know, But what was I supposed to do?
Speaker 5: Like I said, I would have said, hey, I didn't get out, or i'd have said, hey, I need to leave work a few minutes early because I don't know you needed to do, or.
Speaker 7: Say give me five minutes, I'll go sit in my car.
Speaker 5: I mean I have car, Okay, I could do that.
Speaker 7: Well, I'm just saying.
Speaker 5: That doesn't give you the right to like, stare and make faces when she's like trying to like, well.
Speaker 7: I don't know at what point. What if they're just doing introductions, that's still.
Speaker 5: Not a point to if you know she's doing therapy, then that lunchucks.
Speaker 1: Did you see I was staring at my computer and I was emotional.
Speaker 7: I mean you did have an emotional look on your face like oh I'm about to cry maybe or I don't know, but you were really concentrated so I know you can focus, which was pretty cool.
Speaker 6: So you couldn't hear lunchbox and I couldn't.
Speaker 5: You're sitting where her face was to the window, so you could see her face.
Speaker 7: He's gone to sitting sideways like she had the computer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, then once I saw like this. Once I saw him, I moved the whole thing to where he couldn't see because I was like, oh my gosh, now he's like just buying on us.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna have to side with Amy, but barely. It's weird to do therapy at work, but.
Speaker 7: A lot I got a question. Did your therapist or your boyfriend think it was funny when they saw my faces?
Speaker 1: No, they thankfully couldn't see you.
Speaker 5: But the only that people can't see her faces of people behind the camera on her computer.
Speaker 7: Right, like thought, maybe I was in the camera shot. I was doing it.
Speaker 1: You weren't in the shots. When I started to go from sadness to laughter, like, they were like what's happening? And I was like, and I'm moving and I'm like whatever, it's my coworker.
Speaker 7: So he killed he killed the vibe VI or did I save you from crying?
Speaker 1: But crying's good. I had to get it out. But laughter is good too, so you know, I'll take it. It just was, Yes, it's not ideal to do therapy at work, but I guarantee you a lot of people have to do it. And I would go to the car though I didn't think of that. I didn't think of that. I did it way back in the day when I had to do these really intense ones with my ex husband. Sometimes I would have to do them. They were like three hours long, and I would do them from your office back in the.
Speaker 7: Day, but there was no window there. That's the only there was no window.
Speaker 5: But like sometimes that I'm lucky to.
Speaker 1: Walk in. And in one time I yelled the effort really loud and slave my computer and I was like, did anybody hear that? That was? That was from your office? But that was Those were different times.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I was pretty cool. I y Yeah, No, they.
Speaker 1: Were very very different. You remember they were different. Those were different different That was probably twenty twenty, twenty twenty two.
Speaker 5: Okay, so here's a different times.
Speaker 1: Different times.
Speaker 5: If she's doing therapy, don't stare in the window. Okay, that's why I wouldn't go out staring. That's a really personal private time. And also just don't do therapy at work.
Speaker 1: Well that's that's I think you can do therapy at work.
Speaker 5: You can, but what's gonna happen if you gonta people walking about making faces?
Speaker 7: Yeah, or put something over the window. If don't want me to see.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's just it's just ridiculous.
Speaker 5: And there are microphones and there. I'd be afraid and I could hear it.
Speaker 6: They could.
Speaker 5: I would turn a microphone on from another room and record the whole thing.
Speaker 6: Wait really, of course, Oh yeah I do.
Speaker 1: They I mean you can't know. I looked at the panel and made sure everything was off, but someone else could access the.
Speaker 5: You don't think people can. It doesn't matter. I would just say I wouldn't do it here. Just be careful, it's not making faces and grow up? All right? Everybody good?
Speaker 1: That's are good.
Speaker 2: It's the best Bits of the week with Morgan number two.
Speaker 3: That's it for me this weekend, everybody. I hope you enjoyed the best bits. Check out Part one Part three this weekend, or you can go check out my podcast Take This Personally, or go subscribe on our YouTube.
Speaker 1: Bitch.
Speaker 4: I know there's so many things.
Speaker 3: That you can go and do, but all of it is super supportive and if you click a few buttons, it'll make all of us super happy. So please do those things and have a safe weekend with your families or friends or chilling by.
Speaker 4: Yourself, whatever you're doing. I'm just really happy you're here.
Speaker 1: Bye, everybody.
Speaker 2: That's the best bits of the week with Morgan. Thanks for listening. Be sure to check out the other two parts this weekend. Go follow the show on all social platforms.
Speaker 1: Show and follow ed web Girl Morgan
Speaker 2: To submit your listener questions for next week's episode.