Speaker 1: The Best Bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 2: It's Listener Q and Daytime.
Speaker 1: We're Morgan in a show member answer almost all your questions.
Speaker 2: Here we are Listener Q and A Eddie. You ready for this, I'm ready. We're gonna start with shout outs. Eddie is my favorite, so positive and happy. That's from Lauren.
Speaker 1: Oh, Lauren, that's so sweet. I think it's cool wh people say I'm their favorite, but I kind of got burned of like when we do meet and greets with Bobby. Yeah, they'd always come to me and they whisper me, like you're my favorite. I'm like, if I'm your favorite, don't whisper it. Let this dude hear you too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you like say it out loud.
Speaker 1: Yeah, your chest. So I appreciate that.
Speaker 2: I love the positive energy Eddie gives off. Kelsey from Florida, Thank you, Kelsey. Love the positive energy and happy vibes you both give the Suscretchen from Idaho. Yeah, love you both on best bits. The laughter is infectious.
Speaker 1: Yes, we do laugh a lot. We do.
Speaker 2: And then we got a nine year old from Houston. Aisen says you two are the best duo. Lef we go the shadows.
Speaker 1: See even nine year olds know what's up.
Speaker 2: I know, and we're going to do a little like rapid fire. Are kind of here because I have to go check out, get a little physical thing. Now. No, it's my bloodwork done, healthcare stuff going on.
Speaker 1: That's that's nerve wracking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's okay, it's okay.
Speaker 1: Well make sure you're fine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hopefully I'm not. It'd be cool to have an answer, you know, you know what I mean. What is Eddie's golf handicap? Morgan, have you ever thought about taking up golf? Is both from Michael Michael.
Speaker 1: I answer first, I'm a fourteen to fifteen that's realistic. That's a real handicap. I will tell you though that I'm probably headed north in on that because after I broke my arm, kind of shooting back in like the high nineties and the hundreds, which is like pretty average for a golfer. But for the last I don't know, ten years of my life, maybe fifteen years, I've shot in the eighties.
Speaker 2: Okay, So is that good? I don't know. You might as well be speaking another language to me.
Speaker 1: So when you look at a golf score, the golf course, they're all different, but most golf courses are par seventy two's okay, that means that that's the amount of strokes that you should probably play that golf course. Like every swing, putts, drive, anytime you hit the ball, that's one stroke. Right, So they're saying, on average, people finish this golf course with seventy two strokes. That's an average par score. Okay, okay, So when your handicap you look at like, so anytime you go over the average, that's another stroke. So when I say I'm fifteen on average, this is just this is not exactly how they do it, but this is just kind of dumb dumbing it down. Yeah, I'm saying I'm usually fifteen strokes above average. Okay, but since I've broken my arm, I'm probably twenty twenty two strokes.
Speaker 2: What's like the best handicap?
Speaker 1: Oh, like a scratch zero. That's not the best, but that's like really good.
Speaker 2: Does mean you get like a hole in one?
Speaker 1: No, that means that you're just you your ear you play perfect? Okay, you play perfect.
Speaker 2: Doesn't any sense in my brain. It's okay, it's right, we attend it. I really appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the pros are under They're always under par. They're that good.
Speaker 2: Got it?
Speaker 1: Okay, we are not. Probably Michael and I we're probably over. I mean we're way over par. There you go, there you go, Michael, you know what? You know what, Like Michael and I understand each other.
Speaker 2: I'm really happy for you. Guys.
Speaker 1: We're good.
Speaker 2: I really love top golf. I love that stuff. But like I've been on a course maybe twice in my life, and I really enjoy drinking out of the golf car.
Speaker 1: And that's the best part.
Speaker 2: That's where we are. Kaylin wants to know she got her first wrangler and she loves it. But I want to get ducked. How does it work? Well, Caitlin, it just happens. Yeah, I believe it. No, it's not.
Speaker 1: It is. I'm like, what's that on my car?
Speaker 2: Oh, it doesn't make you happy? No, might always make me happy.
Speaker 1: And guys don't get a lot of ducks. Girls get all the ducks. I leave.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know what you're talking about with that deep and I just leave a duck.
Speaker 1: No, I think it's code for supplement the D with an F. Not Yes, it is. Take the D turn it into an a F and that's what it is.
Speaker 2: I have ducks so many people that have no idea who drives that car?
Speaker 1: Morgan, you shouldn't admit that.
Speaker 2: Okay. Anyways, killing it just happens. People just leave it. Although if you do start ducking other jeeps, I do feel like energy comes back to you.
Speaker 1: Okay, whatever homeless man gave me a duck the other.
Speaker 2: Day, or you should replace the D with the F.
Speaker 1: He didn't do that. He was like, you need a duck, you go it through me a duck. You need to replace the saw and you know what else? You know what else is cool? Now if I pull up to someone, like a red light, next to someone and their tops open, I'll throw a duck in theirs. I wanted to do that, but that's awesome. I did it, and it was like a family in there. They're like, yeah, to give another one. I threw like five ducks over Like how much joy that is? Well, that's feels. I didn't want the ducks.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh. Favorite thing to grill Christina and Ohio.
Speaker 1: Oh well, I'm gonna say smoke a brisket. Smoke brisket smoking and brisket's my favorite because it's the hardest thing to do. All briskets are. They're all different. They're temperamental, they are you know, it depends on how the fat is mixed in with the meat.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, I'm not leting at you.
Speaker 1: No, I know. I know you're a vegetarian. You have no idea what I'm talking about. And I love that these people are asking these questions because you don't know how to answer them, because you don't know anything about meat and golf. So this is my time time, Dad's time smoking, and brisket is my favorite. And I would say out of every I'm pretty good now, but I'd say every third brisket is perfect for me. Ok we got to do it. At first, it was like every tenth. So it's just it's an art. It's an art to smoke brisket, and you get to perfect it. You really have to work on it. Okay, And I've invested my time riveting information and you don't care at all, but Christine does. Look and there we go.
Speaker 2: Are you still reading fifteen minutes a day?
Speaker 1: Jen reading?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Did I say I was reading fifteen minutes a day?
Speaker 2: Apparently?
Speaker 1: Oh my Bible is in my Bible? Yeah, I was doing. I'm doing daily by well, I'm still doing it, but I'm not doing fifteen minutes a day because some days I'm just like I don't feel like reading, and so I will wait like three days and then I'll just catch up.
Speaker 2: We're really disciplined.
Speaker 1: Life is hard, Morgan, Life is hard, and.
Speaker 2: Some days on me if I wasn't giving you a hard time, Okay, I know.
Speaker 1: I know, but I'm still reading it. I'm trucking to a two year plan to read the whole Bible. Okay, two years, baby, I love.
Speaker 2: This for you.
Speaker 1: We're in it.
Speaker 2: Can you give me some Bible trivia so I don't mess up you and lunchbox so bad? We're going to take a quick break with her back. Does anybody from the show own a painting that your wife has done? Sharon?
Speaker 1: Uh? I know. I don't think anyone any show members do. There's some listeners that have bought a couple of her paintings, which is really cool, and they send back pictures of it on their wall, and my wife just loves it like it's she's loving the whole process.
Speaker 2: You know, I do need a piece of artwork? Does she just do them? And then she tells them or does she commission it.
Speaker 1: She does commission, so if you're interested, get with her and then tell her kind of what what what kind of colors like you want and then she'll throw you up some She'll send you some designs and then like, if you like them, we'll do it.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, I gotta figure out what I want. It's for my podcast room. I have a little wall and I think would be really cool, but I need to finish that room. It's been a delay of to do it.
Speaker 1: Like she she has like probably twenty paintings that she's done that she's selling that are just already up on the website. And then she also does commission. So when people like hit her up and be like, hey, do you like I want? I want these three colors, and she'll be like okay, cool, okay, how's this and then they like it and she sells it. Oh, it's really cool to do that. Website for el Garcia art dot com l Garcia just the letter l Okay.
Speaker 2: How are you dealing with your oldest kiddo going to prom? If he is going to prom, Laura.
Speaker 1: He is not going to prom yet. He went to homecoming.
Speaker 2: She put the helicopter mode next.
Speaker 1: To this question. Stop stop these fools give me the helicopter label. But I'm a good parent. I care about my kids. And you know what, when my son and I went to go see Kendrick Lamar, which is a cool father father son trip, like in a concert, just me and him, we bonded and he told me, he's like, you're you're a cool dad. Like I think you're a great dad.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, seriously, because I am not helicopterish. I care about my kids and I want to make sure that they're okay. That's it.
Speaker 2: I don't I have no opinion on this because I don't. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Well, she put a helicopter emoji on it. I'm true, funny, you know. I hate it because, like really, I'm just trying to be a good parent, and if caring is helicopterish, then I'm a freaking helicopter parent.
Speaker 2: I think you are a great father, Eddie, and from what I've seen, you're not a helicopter. But I also have not in your house I've talked to. I just know the few experiences the kids have been around.
Speaker 1: I mean at the concert of my son want to go to the restroom. I go them just in case.
Speaker 2: Dude, okay, how old is he seventeen?
Speaker 1: But I'll go with you, like just in case. You know, bro, Bro, you never know, you're right, you never know there's a fight or there's a fight in the bathroom and he gets caught up in it. Like I'll be there, Okay, I was.
Speaker 2: I was like, really with you, and.
Speaker 1: Now you'll you're judging me, Bro, you're judging I am.
Speaker 2: I still think you're a good dad, but like, there does happen.
Speaker 1: Knew you would react like that. That's why I said it.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, did you take music lessons in school or post school or are you self taught?
Speaker 1: In Florida, Barbara, I'm self taught. I don't know anything about music. My music knowledge came from me being alone in my bedroom just messing with a guitar and being like, WHOA, that kind of sounds like Metallica, And then I figure it out, and then I would be like that is Metallica, and then I would learn a song, and then I'd learn another song, and I learn another song. My brother is really good, like he was in marching band and knows how to read music, so any times I had questions, I'd go to him. That's kind of how I learned. Still don't know how to read music. And in Nashville it's tough because like every time we do the Million Dollar Show, our band director Ryan, She's always like, I send you the music chart like for these songs, and I'm just like, Ryan, I don't I don't read. I can't read that.
Speaker 2: You're just learning by like teaching yourself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so Ryan has to sit with me separately and being like, all right, here's how this song goes, is how the songs goes. Yeah, have you thought about teaching her that it's too late?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Well it's never too late, No.
Speaker 1: I know, but I'm like, I'm not gonna We've talked about this. I'm not going to take something else on.
Speaker 2: I know we don't have the time.
Speaker 1: I got it, and plus I can fake it till I make it now, so like let's just keep doing that.
Speaker 2: Okay. If you had to spend this will be our last question. If you had to spend a month and another country, where would you go in another country?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jessica, that's a good question. A month is a long time, so it'd have to be a beat cheak country, like like Tahiti or something that own country. I think it's like an island to Heati's an island.
Speaker 2: I don't look got me for geography because.
Speaker 1: I would say like Hawaii, but that's not a country, that's a state. So hold on, give me two seconds.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll I'll do my answer. I think I would do Italy. I really wanted to go to Italy for a really long time, and I just feel like I would do so well. Drinking wine and eating cheese all the time. Oh yeah, you get fat too, No, because they walk everywhere.
Speaker 1: Oh is that why you don't have cars?
Speaker 2: Well, they have cars, but like you walk or you like Vespa.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Cheese and wine sounds like fat.
Speaker 2: After okay, and they have baked goods everywhere. Maybe it's not like maybe I need to go back to like France, I don't know, just somewhere in Europe probably No.
Speaker 1: Italy sounds awesome, though they do have a you know what, and they say that it's all like there's no preservatives.
Speaker 2: Exactly, it's healthy. It's like food to table. You make pasta all the time.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm okay. So my my answer.
Speaker 2: Is Tahiti, and then it's its own country.
Speaker 1: French Polynesia. Is that right, French Polynesian or I don't know, it says Nisia.
Speaker 2: Okay, I didn't know.
Speaker 1: I googled Tahiti and it says French Polynesia.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 1: Look at this, Look at that. Look at that island. I'm zoomed in. It's just an island, probably the size of I don't know.
Speaker 2: You'll get there, like obviously, Plain, it's off there.
Speaker 1: It's off the coast of California. Look at that.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you're all out there.
Speaker 1: Wait so is that Look it's in the middle of nowhere. That's what I want, Morgan, Just.
Speaker 2: In the middle of nowhere.
Speaker 1: I want to be in Tahiti on that island. I want to fish, and I want to hang out with the locals at bars. I want to hike those mountains. Look at those mountains, hike those mountains, and then go drink beer after I'm done hiking. And for you, go surf a little bit, because there's got to be great ways in Tahati, and then go snorkel, go look at fish, and then go fish again. I'm sure there are golf courses on here. Look, there's a golf cours right there, play golf.
Speaker 2: You have all kinds of options. So you'll be in Tahaiti in all the local things, and I'll be eating pasa and cheese in Italy.
Speaker 1: On the other side of the world.
Speaker 2: Would that mean if we got to have a month excursion and then we like reported.
Speaker 1: Back and Bobby paid for it all.
Speaker 2: Well, I didn't go that far because that's not how we're gonna get it done. But I'm just saying we get like a month off our work to go.
Speaker 1: Try this. Well, if Bobby gave you a whole month off of work, though, like, what would you do?
Speaker 2: Heck yeah, go travel. I would go backpack.
Speaker 1: You dip into your personal your me money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what it's for, saving money to travel.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, that's a big portion of it. You would blow it like next week.
Speaker 2: Well I would have blow it all, but I'd take a portion of it out, all right, Okay. If I get a month off, if I was like, hey, you have your job, just come back in a month, heck yeah, I would go travel. I would do it, and I'm heartbeat.
Speaker 1: We'll find you in Italy.
Speaker 2: Literally and then I'll probably never come back. That's okay.
Speaker 1: She don't have to come back. I don't think i'd come back either.
Speaker 2: We're just stuck. We started doing the show from Tahiti and we try and find a time going doesn't work.
Speaker 1: Sorry, more got fishing. I can't do it tomorrow.
Speaker 2: We tried, all right, Eddie, thanks for being Thank you Morgan answering questions.
Speaker 1: That was fun.
Speaker 2: It was fun, guys. Go check out part one. Eddie and I always have funny, great conversations. Part one so it's fun. All right, Bye everybody. That's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening.
Speaker 2: Be sure to check out the other two parts this weekend. Go follow the show on all social platforms.
Speaker 1: Show and follow at web girl Morgan to submit your listener questions for next week's episode.