Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by all State. Some people just know they could save hundreds on car insurance by checking all State first. Like you know to check the date of the Big Game first before you accidentally buy tickets on your twentieth wedding anniversary and have to spend the next twenty years of your marriage making up for it. Yeah, checking first is smart, So check all State first for a quote that could save you hundreds. You're in good hands with All States Savings. Very terms apply All State Fire and Casualty Insurance Company and Affiliates, Northbrook, Illinois.
Speaker 2: Welcome in What's Right, Nick Right podcast? YouTube show like, rate, subscribe, review, do all of that. If you are just listening to the show, I strongly recommend you also check it out on YouTube. We have a full blown production staff thanks to the folks of Blue Duck Media, and they do an amazing job with the videos. They add elements, They do a lot of fun, cool things. I'm gonna totally honest, I don't even always see all of them initially because I do the show, so I don't really feel a need to always watch the show in its entirety, And but then all of a sudden I check it out sometimes like oh, they add it's some cool there, So check that out on YouTube. This episode number sixty eight, coming out tomorrow will be our Week two Gambling Show. Week one we lost a bit of money, but you know what, I'm very proud of the process. We'll talk more about that on the Gambling Show. But where we must start the show and let me sit up straight because I'm not really you know, I'm kind of dressed casual today, so I got to keep my posture right. That's again, that's a YouTube exclusive. You want to see what I wear every time. You want to see Demanse who is trying to patent these shorts with Like Demante likes going two seasons within one wardrobe. He likes going shorts below the waist and like damn near a parka above the waist. It's a unique look. But you know what it might catch on, I'm not sure. All right, Before we get to what we're starting with, which I assume will be Thursday night football, let's get to what we are not discussing on today's show. What did not make the show? Serena Williams joking about unretiring small take there, Remember how Tom Brady threw his last touchdown pass and the guy paid all that money and then he came back. They're like, Okay, you can have that money back. It sounds actual last touchdown pass. What they're gonna do for me? Who paid thousands of dollars to go to her final match, bought a bunch of honeyduces. Demonse was like, are we keeping these cupture? Damn straight, we're keeping those cups that from Serena's final match. The segregate it and that it might not be her actual final match. Melvin Gordon saying he'll see Seattle in the Super Bowl. I guess he thinks a lot of the Seahawks and a lot of the Broncos are gonna be buying tickets to go see that game in Arizona. And Kawhi Leonard releasing a hip hop album. None of that made the show. I'm unfamiliar with the Kuhi story. I'm not gonna lie to you, but it's not in the show, so don't have to worry about it. Demonse, what is in the show?
Speaker 3: Oh? So your beloved Chiefs play the Chargers.
Speaker 2: So yeah, by the way, you said my beloved Chiefs again. YouTube exclusive right now. Look at this literally wearing chief socks today. They don't really go with the outfit, but that, you know, gotta have a little Chiefs red on when it's a big divisional game on national television.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, yep, So the Chiefs are favored by four points. Yeah, no, Keenan Allen for the Chargers.
Speaker 2: Yes, but no Trent McDuffie the Chiefs. First round rookie corner for the Chiefs. And no kicker, no Harrison Bucker they got hurt because of that shoddy turf in Arizona.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, Yeah, but this ain't Arizona, man, this is the Chargers. So are you a little nervous?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think the Chargers are an excellent football team. I think the Chiefs are the best team in football. I don't think they're going to go twenty and zero. They're going to lose at some point. And if you ask me, there are three hardest games of the year, is the game against the Chargers in LA, the home game against the Bills, and the home game against the Chargers. So these are this is one of their three most difficult games. One could argue their second difficult game since they own the Bills. And the Patrick Mahomes. Here's some fun facts for you. Patrick Mahomes in his career against the AFC West is sixteen and one against the Raiders and the Broncos sixteen and one against those two divisional teams. He's five and two against the Chargers and one of those wins came in overtime last year. The Chargers have played him tough. They even played him tough pre Justin Herbert. Now they have Justin Herbert. So why do they play him tough? Because they can get They can rush with just four guys. They don't have to send an extra guy. And if you can get home with four, that is the only established recipe to slowing Mahomes down. They were able to do that in years past before they added Khalil Mack. Now they have Khalil Mack and Joey Bosa. So yes, And the Chiefs kicker is out second best kicker in football line Justin Tucker. So that does make nervous? Why am I go ahead?
Speaker 3: I wouldn't be nervous.
Speaker 4: Why I think the Chiefs if I were in your position and I had as much riding on the Chiefs as you. I mean, obviously I wouldn't feel the same as I felt when they were playing the Cardinals.
Speaker 2: But I'd still have Do you think I should be a little more arrogant, a little more chest out?
Speaker 3: This is what Kevin wilds a chip on his shoulder.
Speaker 2: Man, I agree, and I think the Chiefs are gonna win. I also, however, think the Chargers are an excellent team, and it wouldn't I would have been shocked if they lost to the Cardinals, because this game's an arrowhead. I'd be surprised if they lose tonight, but I wouldn't be shocked. But here is the thing. The Chargers last year, as good as they were, missed the playoffs. Why well, because they lost in Week eighteen. Why they lose in Week eight? Team couldn't stop the run? Why were they in position to need to win a Week eighteen to make the playoffs? They couldn't stop the run. They runs even terrible all year long. They think they upgraded it a little bit. You don't go from worse in the league to very good it overnight, right right, The Chiefs are now built in a way that if they want to run in the ball, they can, And I don't know if that's going to be the game plan. But with this offensive line and when you're you have legitimate concerns about that pass rush. I can't believe I'm saying this with the Patrick Mahomes team, but running the football early and often to slow down that pass rush is not a terrible idea. Here's the other reason I hate playing the Chargers. Their coach Brandon Staley. Make a little call for my apologics. Their coach Brandon Staley is the most aggressive fourth down coach in the NFL. Now he gets criticized by a lot of the older media, Oh, take the points off on the ball away. It's unequivocally smart the way he coaches. And I know that from an analytics and math perspective going for the fourth downs. I also know it from an emotional perspective because playing against the Charger is exhausting because when you watch football with me, what am I yelling? When the Chiefs are a team I bet on is on defense and it's third down, get off the field, forces stop, get off the field. Against the Chargers, forcing a stop on third down does not necessarily get you off the field. You gotta do it again, and it opens up the playbook so much for them that third and five or more. Nobody runs the ball because you gotta get five plus yards. The Chargers can because if they only get four yards and it's fourth the one, they're going for it. So they're an exhausting team to play. Herbert has an argument that he's already one of the three best quarterbacks in football now. The no Keenan Allen hurts them. We'll see if J. C. Jackson plays. He's their big free agent acquisition from New England. I like the Chiefs tonight. We'll you'll you'll find out well, actually you know what. The Gambling Show comes out tomorrow. But spoiler alert on the Gambling Show, I didn't like the Chiefs enough to bet them at minus four. They were almost you can bet games a week ahead of time before the week one, like you can bet Week three games right now even though Week two hasn't happened. Called look aheadlines. The Chiefs for minus two and a half on the look aheadline, and I was like, oh boy, I bet they that's before the Cardinals game. I was like, I bet that line moves, I should bet it now, and I didn't when they were minus two and a half. So I'm not gonna bet it when they're minus four. But I should have done it then, all right, But if I know what we're doing next, just quickly. There's the clock right now says ten and a half minutes. We're gonna talk a little bit about the Brett Favre story, and we're gonna talk a little bit about the Robert Sarver story. The Brett Favre stuff. I'll let you intro it, but I'm giving a fair warning to the audience. Brett Favre stuff is going to touch on politics. The Robert Sarver story is gonna talk a lot about race and sexism. That if you are there somebody that does not want to hear, or see or deal with any of my opinions on that, I love you, Nick, but I think your opinions on the things that actually matter in the world suck. Come back in. We'll call it eight minutes. So on your podcast app give yourself eight minute. You can fast forward eight minutes, and on YouTube just scroll forward until the clock says about two minutes. Okay, now go ahead to.
Speaker 3: Morrows say you appreciate that disclaimer yep.
Speaker 4: A new text message in a Silvil lawsuit link Brett favre to a former Mississippi governor. The text suggests that the plan was to divert five million dollars to play for a new volleyball stadium.
Speaker 2: Five million dollars in welfare money to pay for a new volleyball stadium where Brett Farr's daughter played at Southern miss.
Speaker 4: Yep right, uh, sorry, no, I jumped in obviously, yeah, Farb's daughter was on the team.
Speaker 3: What do you think of the situation?
Speaker 2: Okay, so obviously this is just pathological. And Shannon sharpsid Miss Shanna Sharp said this part and it's correct. I just want to reiterate it. Mississippi is the poorest state in the country. The poor people of Jackson, Mississippi don't even have clean drinking water. And it also happens to be a city my wife lived in the city or this state my wife lived in and the state where Demanse was born. And it is just pathological to steal, which is what this is, from the poorest people in the country, which is what welfare recipients in Mississippi qualify as some of the poorest, most destitute people in the country, and to divert these funds so you can look like a hero, like you donated money to Southern miss Revival Stadium. Is just anfathomable. This is on top of the fact he already got some money from the state for speeches he didn't give. But everyone agrees with that. I think everyone agrees with that. Take Here is the where I said it's gonna touch on politics. It is absolutely maddening to me. What and the media has a ton to do with this, And the general is people's general perceptions. What we decide to get angry about my entire life, my whole life. I have seen people elected or run campaigns or the news media focus on what they call waste or abuse of basically poor people getting too much. I will give you food stamps, but are you gonna spend it on lobster? Oh? Where you can have welfare if you're working poor, but you need to verify through six levels of bureaucracy that you're actually working out getting a h like this is where the waste of our tax dollars go. That it's poor people that aren't getting over on everybody. And it's just impossible when you know how the world actually works, when you know that nobody, nobody of any substance bats an eye that we all agree. Oh yeah, the wealthiest people have spent a lot of money to work around taxes, to cheat on taxes, to find loopholes in taxes. That is money that could go in the coffers. The coffers are so worried about that if somebody, a poor person wants to go to the grocery store, there's certain foods they can't buy because they don't qualify. But nobody looks at it. In the same bucket, we all acknowledge that some of the most profitable companies in the country, we are paying their employees and nobody cares. What do I mean, we are paying their employees. Okay, so this is very simple and I don't know why more people don't talk about this. All right, We have decided, rightly or wrongly, I think rightly that there is a poverty threshold in this country that if you don't make X amount of dollars, we the taxpayer, will kick in with food stamps, welfare, medicaid, different things to help you get there, get to what we call like the basic minimum standard of living. How we've also decided as a country that there is a minimum wage. Companies must pay. It hasn't raised in my lifetime. It feels like around eight bucks an hour. We know what full time work is. Okay, full time work is two thousand eighty hours a year. Call it eight bucks an hour, even though the federal minum waves a little lower than that. So two thousand and eighty times eight bucks an hour, you're at sixteen thousand, one hundred and sixty dollars. That is beneath the amount of money you need to make to qualify for welfare, fair food Stamps, Medicaid. So we the taxpayer kicking the difference. Nobody makes this point. That just means we the taxpayer, are paying the wages for Walmart and McDonald's and all these massive companies. Their employees make less than poverty level. They're working full time. We say, okay, you should make more, which, of course you should. Nobody says, goddamn, that seems ridiculous. If you work a full time job, you probably shouldn't need government assistance. But we allow these companies to have a full time wage be so little that even if you work a full time job, you qualify for government assistance. It's insane. We just the vitriol we as a country and lack of care we have for poor people, putting spikes on benches so people can't sleep on them. They just it's just such anger and disp dane that the governor of the poorest state in the country can think, you know what, I know, this five million bucks might actually help some some really really down and out people. But I'd rather get to hang out with Brett Barr for a bit. And Brett Barr who's from Mississippi, who even though maybe don't hang out with them now undoubtedly new very poor people growing up. It's like, you know what, let's do it. Let's just make sure nobody finds out. It's gross. It is absolutely gross and our inability as people to focus on the real villains and instead act like anybody out there barely holding on by a thread is there because they want to be there. Ah, they're just lazy man. Nobody said. Nobody when they were ten years old, was like, here's my plan. I'm gonna work as little as possible, sponge off the government, maybe panhandle a bit, never be able to have any luxuries whatsoever, because that's easier than working a full time job. People are there, yes, sometimes because of bad choice is it's screwed. But but they're just it. It's just unbelievable and it makes me so mad. Okay, speaking of things that make me mad. Robert Sarver, go.
Speaker 4: Ahead, Sons on a Robert Sarver was fined ten million dollars and suspended a year after an investigation into the Sun's workplace mis conduct.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Uh.
Speaker 4: The investigation found that he was an equitable there was inequitable treatment to female employees, and Sarva had also said the in words about five the in word about five.
Speaker 2: Times, five times around just short of a half dozen inwards.
Speaker 3: That's all go ahead, Lebron said.
Speaker 4: The league definitely got this one wrong. Yeah, why isn't he getting the Donald Sterling treatment?
Speaker 2: Okay, so Lebron and I give credit to Lebron for at least saying something. Chris Paul said on the Union said something. I'm going to be much quicker here. By the way, if you just came back I said to be eight minutes. I spent about six minuts on the Farv story. I've spent about a minute, maybe two minutes here. So if you need to come back in two minutes.
Speaker 1: That's far.
Speaker 2: And then we'll be back to sports. So the sterling thing was more vivid, and it was easier, and I actually so, obviously Starvers shouldn't be an owner of an NBA team. And also obviously, anyone acting shocked that the league couldn't easily and cleanly rip his team is being disingenuous. And also, anyone acting like those twenty nine other owners weren't a little worried about precedent setting that if I'm creepy in the workplace, where if I the history of dropping some racial slurs, you might rip my team is kidding themselves. Robert Sarver is a notorious bad guy, and shout out by the way to Baxter Holmes at ESPN. Because everyone knew Sarver was a bad guy forever, nobody did anything about it. He wrote a story but a year ago, which is why the NBA launched their investigation. That's where you can cost Sarver ten million bucks, a year away from the team, a ton of embarrassment. All that, but he's not gonna get the team RiPP now. My friend Howard Beck asked Adam Silver, Hey, if a team employee said did this, if I did this, you know they'd be fired. Why is it different with Robert Sarver and Adam Silver said, in not so many words, because he's the owner and employees aren't owners. And people got mad at that. That is obviously true, though it's not fair, it's not right. But I thought dragon Fly Jones put it exactly right, and we can end something lighthearted David's Dragonfly Rights. David Starn would have basically said the same thing Silver did, except he would have flamed the bleep out of Howard Beck in the process. Of course, there's a different standard for owners. How old are you, Howard? Look at little Howie finally figuring out how the world works? Again, that's not mocking Howard Beck. Yeah, I mean there are, obviously, and we all know it, different rules for different people in different positions of power, and the most powerful, always from the beginning of time, can get away with far more egregious behavior than the least powerful. There is one exception in modern America which seems like the the actually, you know what, I'm not eve gonna say, it's not even really an exception, so let me retract that a bit. And so it is. I think anyone acting shocked that it was not as simple as this is a terrible dude. He's clearly racist, he's clearly misogynist, he's clearly inappropriate in the workplace, and therefore we can easily cleanly rip his team. That was it was never going to be like that, So I'm not shocked they didn't rip his team. Do I think this could hurt the Suns? Do I think that if you were Chris Paul? Do I think that if you were more importantly, because he's younger Devin Booker, This makes you think long and hard about is this a viable place to play? Sure, but you're gonna, you know, pick and choose. Man. I think there's a lot of these owners that don't have this rap sheet. But if you did a multi month deep dive investigation, I do only it's turn it out great. All right, what's last?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 4: Well, we got a little bit of basketball with football. We couldn't football going on last week. We didn't have time to talk about. But Steph Curry went on the Rolling Stone and told and said the Golden State had conversations about trading for Katie this summer. Yeah, Steph said that he would have been very excited about it, but he's cool with his current team.
Speaker 3: Why did he bring this up? And should they have done it?
Speaker 2: All?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: I don't think he brought it up, you know what I mean. I think he was asked about it. Yeah, right, say this. Well, I think he's because he's being honest. And I think Steph's feeling himself and rightfully feels like I can do anything right now, I'm made. I was already a made man. Now I'm like a double made man. I don't got to worry about any of this nonsense. So I think that's the first reason, Uh, should they have done it? I mean, if the only goal was to win as many championships as possible, obviously, if the goal was the health and well being of the NBA, the health and well being of Steph and Draymond's mint, and play's mental state. Because I think mental stick's a wrong work, But I think they're happier winning this title than any of the ones with KDI. It would have been terrible for the league. It would have been terrible. I would have hated it so much. So I'm listen Steph confirming that he would have been okay with it is interesting. I'm so incredibly glad it didn't happen. All right, We'll be right back.
Speaker 5: This episode is brought to you by Unstoppable. Discover the inspiring true story about Anthony Roblasts, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion, and Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon MGM Studios and director William Goldenberg, Evoking the excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble cast including Jerrell Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, Don Cheatle, Michael Tania, and Bobby Canavalli. Watch Unstoppable now exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 2: All right, welcome back. In episode sixty eight, what's right, Nick Wright? We have Nick Wright, Public Defender coming up. We gotta talk a little football before that. But demands told me there is breaking news. He has not told me what the breaking news is is. We are recording this on Thursday morning. You guys gonna see him Thursday afternoon. Demons take us there.
Speaker 3: We got an emergency.
Speaker 2: Nick's tennis court is Serena officially unretiring.
Speaker 3: No, it's a little bit different. We're along the same lines, though.
Speaker 4: Uh Roger Federer has announced retirement as we started recording.
Speaker 3: The show today, Oh how do you? What are you? That makes me say that?
Speaker 2: Listen, I've on this show said nadal Is has the best argument for the tennis goat. I think he has the best rest. I think peak Federer is the best player ever. Okay, so I think these are you know, I think peak Federer is the highest level tennis that's ever been played, and I think it was super important for him. He snagged that one French Open, so you couldn't even yeah butt him there. And on the other surfaces though it's undeniable on you know, as we talked about a lot three serfs. Is clay, grass and hardcourt's undeniable. He's I think it's undeniable that he's the best ever on hard court and grass. He's clearly not even close to the best ever on clay, but overall package everything, I think I think he played tennis at the highest level anyone's ever played it. It's not surprising that he retired. I mean, he hasn't been competing for majors in almost five years now. I think his last major was early twenty eighteen, so we're talking almost five years. But that is a it is unbelievable that you know, over the last twenty years, we have lived in an era in no particular order of Lebron Tiger, Brady Federer, Serena Nadal, Files, Phelps. So many people and I'm leaving something, Bault, that are are that are in the argument for the greatest in the history of their sport. And if anyone replies in the comments, Nick, you forgot about Mike Trout, zip it. Trout's an awesome player. He is not in the Floyd Mayweather. There you go. H Trout's not in the in the room for the greatest baseball player ever. He's an all timer. He's not in the room. By the way, you don't talk baseball on the show. The fact that Pools might actually get to seven hundred, and the fact that as we're recording this right now, Aaron Judge, not only is he gonna get to sixty two, he's twenty home runs clear of second place, something that hasn't happened since Babe Ruth. It's unbelievable.
Speaker 3: But to the.
Speaker 2: Federer thing, it's I mean, he's I wish you could have watched peak Federer. I know you don't care. I wish you could have watched peak Federer. Federer in the early twenty tens was and well, really the twenty oughts to the twenty tens was just an inevitability. And I think Nadal and maybe Djokovic have passed some resume wise, I don't think any of them have gotten quite to the level he was at at his apex.
Speaker 3: All Right, what's next?
Speaker 2: I said, Bolt? Who ever said that in your ears screwed you up there. But let's go.
Speaker 4: The Rams, Niners, Broncos, Packers, and Bills are all double double digit favorites this week. It's the NFL, though one of these teams is bound to lose. Who is most likely to lose?
Speaker 3: Outright?
Speaker 2: Okay, so let's look at this screen for a moment here, all right, I am I am certain that the Packers aren't losing. I am very very confident the Bills aren't losing. I don't think the Titans are good, and the Bills appear to be excellent. Scott, what suit, go ahead? I I feel good about the Niners. The Niners should win. I don't think the Seahawks are very good, but I wouldn't I wouldn't include the Niners in a money line parlay flatly because there is the unknown with Trey Lance, plus the injuries they're already dealing with. The Rams looked horrifying against the Bills. It was concerning how bad they looked. But they get an extra three days arrest. They're at home. The Falcons are coming off another stomach punching Falcons loss. It's very hard to see them losing. Broncos are interesting.
Speaker 3: That's exactly I knew where this was going.
Speaker 2: Okay, well just listen to me here. One day less rest, emotionally huge letdown, and the Texans for three quarters looked good. Then they melted against uh No, they weren't playing San Francisco, they were The Texans were playing the team they tight them, the Colts. They melted against the Colts. Listen, the odds are this is a you know, a great survivor week, meaning every you know you have five to ten point favorites. Essentially, they all are probably gonna win. But if I'm power ranking them and most likely to least likely Confidence Meter confidence most confident the Packers, second, most confident, the Bills, third, most confident in the Niners, because again the Seahawks have one day less arrest. Fourth most confidence in the Rams and least confident the Broncos. I'm not picking the Texans, but of those five teams, the Texans are probably the second best team behind the Titans, the five underdogs, and I just and I think the Broncos might be the worst of those five teams. Okay, Nat, no, Listenrussell's teammates hate Russell Wilson. We found that out. But go ahead, ex teammates, I should say, all right, So next, I mean we've got oh, what are you doing?
Speaker 3: You're fumbling a little bit of public defender over here. Really put my damn wig on. Yeah, it was going.
Speaker 2: I've got to what is going on with your wig? Buddy?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 4: So yesterday on Coward Show, you said that Hackett's decision was indefensible at the end of the Monday night game. Luckily, we've got the Saul Goodman of the sports world here and you can defend this or you've got a chance to defend him.
Speaker 3: Defend the indefensible guy.
Speaker 4: Uh, everybody's been coming after Broncos coach Nathaniel Hackett for his clock for his clock management skills on Monday Night football. Yeah, with three timeouts and over and over a minute left. The Broncos watched forty five seconds and let it go down and kicked the sixty four year sixty four year six four yardfield and lost.
Speaker 3: Counsel, your client is Nathaniel Hackett.
Speaker 2: All right, listen, and again I want everyone to understand Nick Wright public defender is yeah, I think that wig squeezed her brain a little bit. You couldn't speak? Is Nick Right, public defender? The views espoused over the rest of this segment are not necessarily the views of Nick Right, But however's my constitutional obligation to defend my clients. Everyone's killing my client, Nathaniel Hackett, for doing what quite literally every coach who's ever had Russell Wilson has eventually done taking the ball out of his hands. Oh you think that's unfair, Well, let's look at the evidence. Where did Russell Wilson start college, not Wisconsin, where he finished in C State? Why did he leave in C State? Has the coach pinched so that coach saw Russell Wilson nothing when you go Seattle? What is the single biggest mistake of Pete Carroll's life as a football coach? Putting the ball in Russell Wilson's hands instead of Marshall Lynch's trusting Russell Wilson to throw rather than trusting his team names Russell Wilson. Then after that, as that decision was ripping apart, what could have been a dynasty in Seattle, wanted to cook, made a catchphrase, got to hire his own offensive coordinator, who got rid of the legion of boom. Made it all a Russell Wilsonson trick team. And what happened. A team that went to consecutive Super Bowls could have won consecutive Super Bowls. Since that Super Bowl, they won three playoff games nearly a decade. One of those games came against a McCown brother, one of those games came against the Detroit Lions, and one of those games came against the Vikings. I think it was ten to nine when Blair Walsh missed a twenty seven yard field goal saved the game. So Pete Carroll then eventually trade Russell Wilson. We've tried putting the ball in your hands, and what did it get us? One playoff victory in the last five years, not out of round two since the Super Bowl, which we lost because we put the ball in your and my client is being attacked because after being around Russell Wilson for an offseason, for a training camp, for a preseason that Russell was too big to play in, I decided I'll trust the kicker rather than Russ. And I would also like to mention this, when you were watching this football game, did it look like Russ was protesting? Did it look like wanted the ball? So it looked like Russ wanted to stay on the field. Or was my client maybe doing a favor for the quarter of a billion dollar quarterback who didn't want the final failure to be on his broad shoulders. That my client said, you know what, all take the bullets for you, Russ. So listen, you can believe Russell Wilson or you can believe literally every coach he's ever had. I rest my case.
Speaker 3: All right, that was really good.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's all easy from here after defending that dufist Nathaniel Hackett. But at Lisa did give me an opportunity to take a few those shots Russell Wilson, which I like to do so much. Love all right, what's next?
Speaker 3: Quarterback?
Speaker 2: Tom?
Speaker 4: Quarterback coach Tom House said in twenty thirteen or twenty fourteen, Bill Belichick seriously discussed.
Speaker 3: Trading Tom Brady. Counsel, your client is so called greatest coach ever Bill Belichick.
Speaker 2: Okay, and Brady obviously has won four Super Bowl since then. We know the court knows that, we know that it's a little misleading, though, So let me take you back to twenty fourteen. Twenty fourteen, Tom Brady is thirty seven years old. At that point in time, there had been no quarterbacks ever play at a high level past age thirty. In twenty fourteen, Tom Brady had not won a Super Bowl in ten years. Twenty fourteen, Tom Brady appeared to be a declining player. Bill Belichick's job was, then, is now and always will be as long as its head coach of the New England Patriots and essentially to facto GM and team president, is to not only worry about this season, but also worry about next season and the seasons far after that. It would be irresponsible for my client not to have discussed any and all of for the long term well being in the New England Patriots. And I don't know why my client's being attacked for discussions rather than being applauded for deciding after having those discussions. You know what, I believe in Tom, he's gonna buck the trend. He's not gonna play well into his late thirties, his early forties. The three super Bowls we won in one, oh three, and oh four, we're gonna match those, the four super Bowls we made, or the at that point, the five super Bowls we've made in the ten years, fourteen years. Actually that Tom's been our starter through twenty fourteen, We're gonna make damn near as many over the next five years. So I don't I don't understand if you if you are seriously discussing selling your house and then choose not to in five years later, it doubles in vale. You are people criticizing you for discussing it. No, they're applauding you for not doing it. And to act like it's crazy to discuss it when Tom Brady had gone a decade without winning a Super Bowl, when no one knew, not even clearly tom Brady's own family, that he was going to play for damn near ten more years. You know what, you know what I request, I don't want this to go to the jury. Your honor, I think should rule for the bench from the bench. You should dismiss this case outright with prejudice. It's it's a frivolous lawsuit brought for no reason, with no merit whatsoever. The defense rest the defense never should have to be here. Okay, sang the gavel. All right, what's next.
Speaker 3: Let's get it, Jared, not let us get it. It's inappropriate. One in the court.
Speaker 4: Jerry Jones said Tuesday that the Cowboys won't be placing Dack on injury reserve because they expect them backs.
Speaker 2: From I'm here to help your honor.
Speaker 4: He also says they won't add a quarterback because he feels confident with Cooper Rush and Will Greer counsel. Your client is the Cowboys owner and clearly not a doctor.
Speaker 2: Jerry Jones, Okay, you're honored. I just want to make sure I have this right. I was just in your courtroom defending a case against the same just very litigious and very frivolous law firm that, if you remember, you're honored, they were attacking a different front office personnel of a different team for not having faith in a quarterback. Now I'm the exact same law firm is attacking my client, Jerry Jones for what having too much faith for believing that Dak Prescott is gonna work hard and rehab well and he's gonna smash that timetable. We saw a far inferior athlete, smaller person with a far you know, with a similar injury. Russell Wilson last year come back in three weeks. Dak Prescott can't come back and forth? And why should my client not have faith in Cooper Rush? Oh, Cooper Rush is undrafted? When would there ever be an undrafted small school quarterback play well for the Dallas Cowboys? Oh? Hi, Tony? Oh yeah, that's Tony Romo who came here to support Jerry. Tony, remind me where were you drafted? Oh? Undrafted? Where'd you go to college? Oh? Eastern Michigan. Oh okay, So I'm sorry, Tony, Eastern Illinois West. It doesn't matter. Nobody cares about your college career.
Speaker 3: Tony.
Speaker 2: Thank you for showing up, though, point being, I don't know what you want. You're like the damn Goldilocks of the legal world. This orge is too hot, this porge is too call Like I have too much faith in this quarterback, not enough faith in that quarterback. I don't get it. I don't know what you want from me. I do know that I shouldn't have to drag my ass down to this courtroom at nine in the morning for more of this nonsense. The next time I'm here, it better be for good reason. You better have a real a case to bring against one of my clients, or stop wasting my time.
Speaker 3: We've got some pretty good cases today.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, let's see last one, bang the gap?
Speaker 3: This one, yeahs almost falling off.
Speaker 4: So Kyle Kuzma or this outfit to New York Fashion Week? We're gonna pop up at graphic here for the Yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, what do you call them?
Speaker 3: The jurors?
Speaker 4: The jurors, yes, council, Yeah, defend the fashion choice of your client.
Speaker 2: Kyle Kuzma, Oh this is This could be a very tough one.
Speaker 3: He's not the blob.
Speaker 2: Please don't prejudice the jury. I don't know how I can in this. So, Kyle Kuzma, was that was in New York? Right? I don't know if we can keep showing that video? I live in New York. What I'm not familiar what street was that on?
Speaker 3: I don't think that's an actual street.
Speaker 2: So where was this?
Speaker 3: I think it's inside of a building.
Speaker 2: But what's going on in the building. What's going on?
Speaker 3: It's a it's a fashion show.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's a fashion show. Oh it's a fashion show. Where listen, I'm not while we do this. You know, this courtroom also doubles, as you know, Harlem's newest and best women's boutique, Trintage. You can come see it. I am not in the fashion industry myself, but the little I know about fashion shows is that is typically a place you you take chances, you try out new things. That's some times even you have someone wear something that you never expect to sell, just so the rest of your collection gets attention because people like, oh, look at this crazy thing. This guy's wearing a space suit. This guy's wearing a kilt with suspenders. Again, I'm a little out of my depth, your honor, but in my experience fashion shows, particularly in New York City during fashion Week, there's some let's call them bold sartorial choices, Your honor, You look a little perplexed. I would suggest you google sartorials so you know how perfect that word usage was by me, the defense counsel. So I don't listen, I don't know the I'm just curious, is there a long line of lawsuits you're bringing against every single person that wore something at New York Fashion Week that might be out of the mainstream, Or you picking on Kyle Kuzma because his you know, his day job is a public figure. Are you potentially dare I say, clout.
Speaker 3: Chasing Kyle Kuzma, clout chasing Kyle kuh.
Speaker 2: Hoping that this another frivolous lawsuit can get you in the headlines and maybe get some more clients or what you know what? We are a step above ambulance chasing at this point, and your honor. I've got to say, I'm as embarrassed as I am for them, I am more embarrassed for you that you had to sit here and sit through these nonsense lawsuits. The Nathaniel Hackett there's a decent case. The other ones, I don't even know what to say. Once again, I rest my case, and once again, my perfect record against the prosecution remains intact. We'll be right back with the most potentially disastrous text message I've ever sent. That's next, What's Right?
Speaker 4: All Right?
Speaker 2: Welcome back in final segment, Episode sixty eight, What's Right?
Speaker 3: Nick Right?
Speaker 2: Podcast in YouTube joke. Remember coming out tomorrow is our week two gambling show. We will discuss you still have. By the way, demansee some of the wig on your head. There you know it's a big p there. No, now it's really on your forehead. There you go. Now, no, I'm just gonna have to go over and grab it for your bell. I got your buddy. Okay, we're good. That's not your fault.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: Listen, you're a prop comic. It's not your fault. But you just gotta make sure you're good. Okay, So last night I sent demanse I'm not gonna spoil anything yet because you said you wanted to guess. But last night I sent them the following text At twelve thirty four am. I just had the worst texting moment, possibly imaginable. I'm saving it for the podcast. Remind me, you know your mother's involved. Yeah, you said you have a guess on what it is. I'll let you give it a guess and then I'm going to explain what happened.
Speaker 3: Did that have anything to do with mom?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Okay, did you I thought you said something prepared? Yeah?
Speaker 4: No, but I had something prepared. If it didn't have anything to do with momb Oh you did.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you're stuck. Okay, no problem, right, Okay, I need to I need to zoom out here from first. All right. I hide it well on television, but I have diagnosed borderline crippling anxiety. Okay, yeah, I don't talk about it much. There was that that newspaper article is written about me in Kansas City, like a dozen years ago. I reference it there that I actually think the anxiety like gives me my professional edge. It's why I work the way I do whatever. But it can be really bad at times, and it particularly gets really bad surrounding you, your sisters and your mom. Just like a perpetual state. It's usually simmering. Sometimes it gets up to like a boil of fear that something bad is gonna happen. Okay, so why am I explaining that? Well? In order to assuage that somewhat, I have requested when it comes to the kids, demanded that you guys always share your locations on your phone. And it has been not because I'm like trying to keep tabs on what you're doing. But when I get my most panicked, I like to just be able to check on my phone like where you're at, like and just makes me feel better, even if I don't even really know where that is, Like you know what I mean. I just like to be able to do it. I've also requested your mom do it. She does not like like that she does it, but she does it purely to placate me. But with the understanding and agreement, I'm not like tracking her, which I'm not right. OK, So now we get to last night. So Wednesday nights, your mom is like a standing date with her friend Danielle. I have a standing card game that I play in. The card game is perfectly safe, but not in the greatest part of the town. What typically happens is your mom and Danielle go out, dinner, drinks, whatever. Last night, I think they went to a movie premiere and then they come meet me at the card game and come on.
Speaker 3: So I.
Speaker 2: So they were supposed to already be there and they weren't, and she wouldn't answer, So I got nervous. I'm like, oh my god, they were on their way here. Something happened to her. They couldn't get in the building. There's like whatever. So I did something I almost never do which is checked her location and it was just nothing was wrong, obviously, and it was just that she hadn't left where they were yet. And I knew they were going to this movie premiere and then some club right after. So here is the rub of this. So this was her location. Look at right where she is, and look at the are that's right next to where she is. That okay, So they were right in an area. Do you care if I say the name of it? Okay?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: So to Moan'sday's like favorite night spot is this stupid New York City bar called Pianos. Sorry, Uh, Love's going there, goes there all the time, and I make fun of him for it. So I saw that your mom was next door essentially to Pianos, and I screenshot at that and I text you, is your mom at dot dot dot Pianos. I don't know if that's worse for me or for you, And I text it to you, except I didn't. I texted to your mom. I text the screenshot of her location, which I'm not supposed to be checking, and the little slide comment about your mom to your mom, and I just thought I texted to you, And then I get a text fact that says what And I look and the horror on my face, the absolute horror, and I'm just boxed in. And so I text her back that was for Demon'say, hours ago. I don't know why I said hours ago, obvious lie, because she wasn't even there hours ago, hours ago, because that's his club laughing emoji. She doesn't reply. Then I text her back. I text her again, are you gonna come get me from this card game? She just texted me, are you okay? This was the second worst text fiasco of my life. The worst was I used to work with a guy who hated me. Hated me. He's twenty years older than me, applied for the job I got and then had to be like third in command on the job I got, and despised me like thissceral anger, and it was it kind of went both ways, but I tried to play cool because I kind of felt badly for the guy. He thought he was gonna get the job and said they hired me to come out of town for me to get the job, and then he kind of had to work for me. It wasn't great, but it was so dumb and so awful. And one time I was listening to him fill in on a radio show, and I'll call him Tom Jones. And I texted my buddy, who he was hosting with, Tom Jones, might be the dumbest bleep alive send and I sent it to him, and he just texted me back question marks, and I again boxed him with lies and I I just texted him back. You won't believe who just told me that and just totally ruined someone else. I pretended I got that text forwarded to myself. Does I still feel badly about that? On all parties? That was ten years ago? This is ten hours ago fresh. And here's the thing. Your mom had a few cocktails, having a really good time by the time she saw me. I don't think she had fully processed all of it. I don't know as of this moment she's fully processed all of it. But I am legit dreading. The next time she pulls out her phone to text me and sees like and in a totally clear minded thing, looks at this as like, hold on him in is that my locate? Why is who was Nick sending this to? Why was he It's a disaster, a total disaster.
Speaker 3: Where was she at?
Speaker 2: Like oh no, no, the premiere's no. The movie premiere had the after party for it had rented out like a banquet room or a room at one of the places in that era. I don't know that area very well, but not great, not great man like just and then when she got to the card game, I was so nervous. I mean, I'm kind of a punk on some of this stuff.
Speaker 3: I just maybe you should send like a bunch of like home goods links.
Speaker 2: To like trying to try to like skew the feed. I thought about a lot of things I thought about, like sending I honestly, no, I would know that that I won't do. I don't go through her phone. I would never delete something. But what I did think about doing was like spamming it with everyone in the family's location and being like, my phone's going crazy, like, oh, I don't know what's happening. I didn't know. I thought I just sit and everyone's location, thought about sitting my location, Diora's yours, just like sending them a bunch. At times, I didn't know what to do.
Speaker 4: New iPhone my phone and I got updated all No, I've been hacked.
Speaker 2: Disaster, total disaster. Talk to you tomorrow. Some football picks. What's right, Yeah,