Speaker 1: Ay, you found the Second Date podcast. Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Finally, it's pretty easy actually, thanks for being here, Hose.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: I love it, and hey, just a reminder, if you want to endure or punish yourself for forty five more minutes, we've got a full show, whole hour long.
Speaker 1: I dare you to try it at the Brook and Jeffrey Feed. But for now, we'll get into some questionable relationship advice.
Speaker 3: Second DAT Day. Normally, when we hear a guy say he went out with a woman who's way out of his league, the first thing that comes to our minds is looks. Yeah, I think you're right. We're thinking she's in New York. Ten he's an Idaho six and a half.
Speaker 2: Oh, which is still striking gold for me, you know what.
Speaker 3: Not in this case, I'll take that nugget. One of our listeners, Tyler, says, he went out with someone whose brain is a ten.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 3: I love that, and he's still an Idaho six and a half. Good for you. But Tyler, you say she's good looking too, right?
Speaker 4: She is?
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, okay.
Speaker 2: Red flag, pretty and smart to suck.
Speaker 3: Where'd you meet this girl?
Speaker 5: We met online? So she checked my boxes physically.
Speaker 2: She checks all these boxes and she's still online dating.
Speaker 3: Was it like Tender or Scientist Inquiries? Just a normal dating app? I'm guessing. Yeah, yeah, okay, And what's her name?
Speaker 1: We didn't get that?
Speaker 5: Veronica?
Speaker 1: Veronica?
Speaker 3: That God, tell us a little bit about Veronica. What did you like about her?
Speaker 5: Okay? So, I mean obviously beautiful, but you could just tell she was really interesting and smart?
Speaker 2: And do you mean tell like when you saw her dating profile or when you met her in person the profile?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 5: Is it our? And she's into books and reading.
Speaker 3: Or swiped last seven times since you started talking, even audio books. Well, but that's that's something that you like, the comic books. Maybe that's something that you like about her.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I do. I like somebody who's smart and who's educated.
Speaker 3: And intellect is sexy for sure. That's great. Yeah, So what'd you end up doing for your date?
Speaker 5: So? I thought I could make it a little bit unique since she's so much into art and literature and reading. So we went to a few different libraries, like all these unique places with.
Speaker 2: That instead of like, yeah, exactly fun, but a library anything but a library if you post a book to when you like a library.
Speaker 3: Stop judging. There are some dark, seedy sections in every library where you can speak away.
Speaker 1: Was it?
Speaker 2: I spent actually a lot of time in the library, not the good part, apparently not.
Speaker 1: And I just they're not like sit and have a conversation. They're quiet places.
Speaker 5: You know, that's true. But you know it's not just about books. It's about you know, you look around and the architecture of the buildings, because libraries are pretty cool.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 3: A lot of them have coffee shops in there too.
Speaker 1: They I don't think so a library.
Speaker 3: Adult.
Speaker 1: They have restrooms.
Speaker 3: You know, they don't have ATMs. You full cash out. This is coffee? What am I drinking it?
Speaker 2: Sorry?
Speaker 3: You know what, Tyler, you had a good time in the library, and she had a good time, and that's great. I will say, I already like this. This is probably the most unique day one of them that we've ever heard, where you guys are finding a different thing to entertain yourself. Stretch. Okay, I like it for them, I don't like it.
Speaker 1: I think what was her thoughts though?
Speaker 5: I mean I felt like it went well. Maybe the problem was she had to drive separately, so I don't want to make her feel uncomfortable, you know, driving to someplace with somebody you don't really know.
Speaker 3: So sure you drove separately to all three libraries.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I feel.
Speaker 3: Like after the first one you feel safe enough to ride together.
Speaker 1: Was it four? I mean, it's it doesn't matter.
Speaker 5: That's a valid point. But the other, you know, the other thing is that you guys brought it up a little bit. It's tough to talk and get to know each other when you're in a library. You got to kind of be quiet a little bit. I'm not really comfortable and outgoing all the time, so I thought it may be a little bit more romantic romantic to go somewhere where I didn't have to talk as much and be, you know, on as much. We can kind of be a little bit more intimate.
Speaker 1: Oh, intimate by being silent.
Speaker 5: Very just eye cont intimate, you know, get to know each other without actually having to battle on and on and on, you know.
Speaker 3: Just okay, ye, each other's presence. Yeah, like a twenty year old married couple.
Speaker 2: I don't know, did you feel like she was asking you more questions than you were asking her.
Speaker 5: I'm actually not sure about that. She probably was a little bit more outgoing than I was.
Speaker 2: I'll say that, yeah, yeah, I would ask is like, you know, maybe that was a sign that she was like trying to fill the void right then.
Speaker 1: It wasn't comfortable for her.
Speaker 3: She's acting question, She's like, I'm trying to read.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean maybe it felt like she wanted to talk more and I want to be a little bit more quiet and reserved.
Speaker 2: Well, I feel like calling a radio station for help is going to prove to her that you do have an outgoing side as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know you was there at any point during the day a super romantic or flirtatious moment that would be like a highlight you could point out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we were being jokey and flirty and a one time I grabbed a self help book that said that, you know, the Beginner's Guide the Human Sacrifice and said.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's flirty.
Speaker 2: If that's it's something, it's like, I don't have virgin blood, so it's not gonna work.
Speaker 3: Maybe on your next day you could sacrifice someone together and we'll send you there hopefully if we can get her on the line when we do your second date update right after this. Thank you, all right, hold on, update this little piggy went to the library. Oh, this little piggy went to another library. Okay, this little piggy went to a third library. It's all libraries with this piggy and no coffee shops inside, like I thought they were. Okay, sometimes I guess so because Tyler, our listener, took Veronica to a bunch of different libraries around the city because he knew that she loved reading and art and smart stuff like that. But afterwards, this little piggy hasn't been able to get himself another date, so he went we we we all the way to the radio station for help. Are Wolf for the safe place.
Speaker 1: I feel like this is the last time you read, and you little concerned about that.
Speaker 3: Well that's okay, yeah, trying to do one library to It's not about me and my reading. It's about Tyler and trying to get him hooked up again with Veronica. Tyler, Yes, how you feeling man.
Speaker 5: Lucky this question?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 5: I feel like I'm gonna get lucky. You guys are gonna pull through for me.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's a different meaning than you say. We're not providing that service, but we forgot to ask, like, have you talked.
Speaker 1: To her at all since your library date.
Speaker 5: No, I called once, I sent a text. Nothing.
Speaker 1: That's not too much either.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 3: Well, we have dozens and dozens of phone lines to call her. On one of them she has to answer. Let's give it a shot. Okay, we're gonna call her from eight different lines. It was I will call her for four straight days until she picks up the phone. I promise you that, Tyler. Okay, let's do this. Okay, let's try it the first time. Here we go. Hello, Hi, is this Veronica?
Speaker 4: Uh yeah, who's calling?
Speaker 3: Hey? This is jeff from the radio show Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 4: Okay, I have to pause.
Speaker 3: There to see if there's any recognition.
Speaker 1: I also feel like it made you sound intellectual.
Speaker 3: She read, don't listen to our show. We hear that you are intellectual type truancy.
Speaker 4: I am so confused. Far are you guys calling me and.
Speaker 3: Of what you ask good questions?
Speaker 4: Intellectual?
Speaker 3: We've heard that from one of our listeners named Tyler, who you apparently went out with the other day to several libraries. Oh yeah, but now you're not calling him back, and so we're trying to help him through this. Segment called the second Date update to figure out if something went wrong or if we could fix it, to see what's going on, maybe get you another shot.
Speaker 4: So a radio station is trying to play matchmaker. Okay, this is real.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's very real.
Speaker 3: We're not really trying to play matchmaker. It sounds like you guys already matched online.
Speaker 4: Well yeah, no, I mean we did match online. We meant on an app, but I'm not sure if that translated to matching in real life. Something just sort of fell off.
Speaker 2: I'm so curious what your thoughts or feelings were when he suggested the library tour.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I actually really loved that. I thought that was super unique. You know, I'm just so sick of like going to the coffee shop or like going to the bar. Like I'm just like, it's just kind of boring.
Speaker 3: And that's why you got to find a library that has a coffee shop and a bar inside.
Speaker 1: I'd go to that actually. Yeah, but oh so you too. But you had fun then with the library aspect of your date.
Speaker 4: I mean, I really loved it was such a unique idea. I loved that he sort of took something, and I really loved his look. I love reading. I'm a huge reader, and he kind of like tailored the date towards one of my interests, which I thought was really nice.
Speaker 1: Oh that's really passive.
Speaker 3: It's a very thoughtful thing of him to do.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, very thoughtful, not generic. But unfortunately, just the chemistry just wasn't there.
Speaker 2: Do you think it's because the setting didn't like give it a chance to kemmis chemistry.
Speaker 3: As you are? Yeah, what's the mixed? I mean it's hard to have a strong connection with someone in a place where you're supposed to stay quiet and whisper all the time. Is that what's going on?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I mean we didn't talk a lot in Librarian because you kind of need to be quiet obviously, and sure, I thought maybe he was nervous or something. So I asked him to grab a drink afterwards and he said no thanks, Oh.
Speaker 3: He rejected you whoa, we didn't hear about that part of this?
Speaker 1: Yeah, does he not drink? Do you think is that why.
Speaker 5: You could say that?
Speaker 4: I thought maybe that, But he was just a completely different person than who I met online. Like I thought we were vibing on chatting and then like in person, like why wouldn't you want to get a drink after going to three libraries, like I'm smart.
Speaker 5: Boring, I mean in the morning, like a tiger ironica.
Speaker 3: Oh that happened. Sorry that that's Tyler who was supposed to wait till we call him in, but oh my, okay, he's been listening on the other line this whole time. You can say hi to him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, where you want to go next? Three churches?
Speaker 3: Like, oh, church architecture is actually pretty crazy? Maybe she's super religious.
Speaker 5: I mean sorry, so I guess I just you know, I have something to admit to you, and everybody admissions, Okay.
Speaker 4: I mean that's fine. I just you know, if you don't drink, like no judgments, that's fine, Like you could have done something else, but you just like teased out. So I'm just really weirded out that you want to ask me out again.
Speaker 5: But well, we matched online. You were just you know, you're so beautiful and intelligent, sophisticated. I just knew I couldn't match up to that. In order to seem more charming, I was texting you, you know, chat GPT and chat GPT.
Speaker 1: Is that the new one that's AI?
Speaker 2: That is like the computer generated texts? Wait, that wasn't really you.
Speaker 1: Texting with her.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I'd like type in, hey you're still guy, say something smart, funny, classic art, and it came out that works.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 3: Yeah, dang, this is an APPA website. Okay, well, good to know for other reasons.
Speaker 4: Wait, so like used artificial intelligence to talk to me through a dating app. Like, I'm just having trouble wrapping my head around this, Like so, yeah, you were a completely different person.
Speaker 1: So oh it was it was like a droid and that was a human.
Speaker 4: I feel like I got catfished by like a chat bot.
Speaker 1: Is what happened?
Speaker 3: Yeah, charming? Oh my gosh.
Speaker 4: Wait, wait, so you don't actually like money then.
Speaker 5: Uh that's how you pronounced it that THO was like, mayonnai.
Speaker 1: It dude, you gotta tell us this type of stuff before we call someone.
Speaker 5: This is not just a little nervous, that's that's all.
Speaker 2: I like.
Speaker 5: It's just for me. I'm a little bit shy at first, but once you get to know me, I have a much better personality and bigger personality. It's just the initial meeting was a little bit intimidating to me.
Speaker 1: I mean, and it makes sense why you picked a library so you didn't to talk.
Speaker 3: Oh, and that's why you said no to the bar too. You were like nervous about exposing yourself like free thought, I mean exposing not that way, like just not living up to the intellectuals that you showed online.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you basically lied about all of your interests and then plagiarized an entire online conversation with me. So I'm talking like a person.
Speaker 5: No, I'm not a big person. I put out all the emojis myself.
Speaker 3: That sophisticated stuff. There are like hundreds of them to pick for It.
Speaker 4: Took a lot of intellectual labor to pick out a book emoji. When we're talking about look.
Speaker 3: Brook, do you give him any credit here for at least going through all this effort to try and impress her.
Speaker 1: I get that you didn't have enough to offer her.
Speaker 3: And that's too bad. That's a little bit harsh. Well, I mean.
Speaker 2: All of it, but like I think you should come at it within a big apology instead of don't blame me for this, like that's kind of not a awesome look.
Speaker 5: I agree, Yeah, I just I don't know. I just because he didn't really get a chance to talk talk at the library, So I thought maybe a second date at the exact same time we had the first date wasn't in my best interest.
Speaker 1: You're not making any sense.
Speaker 4: That doesn't make any sense at all.
Speaker 3: Ask chat bought? What you should say here, Tyler?
Speaker 4: Yead you have it pulled up right now, or use your actual responses, or you like have like a laptop open, like while we're on like on the phone. Like I don't trust you now.
Speaker 5: And that's sad because I've been honest with you since we've been talking on the on the radio here, and I do have the chat up. I'm just not using it the blank screen.
Speaker 3: Okay, maybe you should, Maybe you should. Jeffrey could hurt wow.
Speaker 1: I mean he's earnest, he likes you.
Speaker 3: And I bet he really does like money. Tyler, say something nice about money.
Speaker 5: He used wonderful colors.
Speaker 3: My nephew said the same thing when he watched Thomas the Train. The intellect is shining today, and we would like to connect you to one more time for another date and pay for that date, you know, library, coffee shop, bar, combo gift cards.
Speaker 2: You don't exists.
Speaker 3: You're gonna find it.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I mean, like Tyler, like the date idea was all you, I think maybe, and that was great, and you made some funny joke about human sacrifice, and unless you came up with something beforehand, like, I think you should maybe give yourself some more credit because I think you are smart and funny. But yeah, you're just not the right person for me, Like, I sorry, locked my trust, so I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: I get that back. I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Man, was.
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 1: Tyler disappointed bas emoj.
Speaker 3: Rook Jeffrey in the morning. Well, no, surprise didn't really work out for Tyler on that one.
Speaker 2: I feel.
Speaker 1: Poor, buddy.
Speaker 3: That's why I asked chat GPT, I actually did. I asked it to say something kind and funny about a guy who just got rejected for second date. I bet they came up with a good answer, but here's what it said. Well, getting rejected for a second date may not feel like a laughing matter at first, but it's always good to keep your sense of humor about it, because who knows, Maybe the person you asked out has a terrible taste in movies, or they're secretly a cat person. Hey, whatever the reason may be, just remember that rejection is not a reflection of your worth as a person, Keep your head up, keep being yourself, and keep putting yourself out there, because the right person is out there waiting for you. Maybe someday you'll look back on this rejection and laugh about it over a drink with your future soulmate. Yeah, that's so cute, awesome.
Speaker 1: True too, because you're on the radio and you're like, you'd never believe what I did.
Speaker 3: Ye, Well, oh my god, I think I want to date the Chat GPTO some inappropriate questions right after this. But if you ever want to hear any of our second Day podcasts, you can find them up online wherever you get them at Brook and Jeffrey, Brook and Jeffrey, that's.
Speaker 1: The one you should have had Chat gpt right at the end of the Dame
Speaker 2: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning