Speaker 1: From Los Angeles and moment and one and only word famous Perez Perez, Hilton Griddings and welcome to the PHP. I'm Booker, that's Perez. How do you do, kind sir.
Speaker 2: You're a little too slow. We got to speed it up because we have so much to get to today. Oh my god, I'm talking Megan and Harry, Justin, Timberlake, Taylor and Travis, Britney Spears, Elyssa Milano, Nicki Minaj and more. But first I thankfully did I'll slow it down a little bit. It's just such a big show. Thankfully, I did nothing this weekend except for work. But I do want to share one thing, and I don't know what the solution is. I love Las Vegas almost everything, but there's one thing I hate about Vegas. You might think La has bad drivers, Vegas has the worst drivers, And not only that, so many of them are drunk or high. Like every fricking day, I see a news article about somebody that died or got injured because of an impaired driver, and the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department wants to install red light cameras, and the Review Journal, the newspaper here posted about it and so many people were against that idea. They think, Oh, it's just a way to make money from people. I'm like, if it will deter in a little, just a little bit, then that's a good thing. Like it's just out of control, out of control, that's it. Did you watch the game yesterday? Did you do anything this weekend?
Speaker 1: Well, there were two games, and I watched them both.
Speaker 2: You watched both?
Speaker 1: Well, of course the championship game, the Lions blew a seventeen point lead. Oh, I'm sick for the city of Detroit. I'm sick for you if that's where you live. They've never been to a Super Bowl, proz, they've never been.
Speaker 2: Eminem was there. I saw that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was flipping off forty nine Er fans. That was pretty good.
Speaker 2: Wow. I didn't know they'd never been to the Super Bowl. Why would you be a Lions fan if they've sucked for decades?
Speaker 1: You know, you're a fan of you know kind of where you're from. You know, I'm a Staleler fan. I grew up in the area, so I'll be a Staleler fan my whole life. It's just the way the NFL works.
Speaker 2: You know. Oh man, how embarrassing. I feel sad for Detroit. Your team sucks. Well. I did not watch the games, but I watched all of the Taylor Swift of it all, so that was very exciting for me. And Las Vegas is also amped that Taylor Swift will be here. She is going to fly out from Japan to Vegas because she can make it happen. She has a show there on Saturday night, okay, and there is a sixteen hour time difference from Las Vegas to Japan, so if she leaves immediately after her show on Saturday, she'll arrive to Las Vegas on SA Like. She'll have half a day or an entire day, almost three quarters of a day to just get glammed up, sleep, whatever she wants to do, so she will be there. Very exciting. I loved seeing her on the field after they won, and not even just sharing a kiss, but just the embrace, her lovingly patting him on the back, her showing off the jewelry that he bought her. She was wearing this adorable diamond bracelet that he bought for her that had their initials T and.
Speaker 3: T all how cut D And she was wearing a ring that had eighty seven on it, which is not the year she was born, but it's his jersey number.
Speaker 2: And you know, in addition to all of that, many of us hardcore swifties, of which I am a part of, think that Taylor Swift gave us an Easter egg with her hair because that was reputation era hair, and Reputation is going to be the next re release.
Speaker 1: That was reputation era hair. It was.
Speaker 2: It was No, it's not those who know know.
Speaker 1: That looks like what she looked like on folklore, in folklore, any of the studio sessions that she was in with the kind of curly in the front.
Speaker 2: It was literally the reputation tour hair. You didn't go to that, be honest with you. No, it's an Easter egg. She did it for the fans.
Speaker 1: You're not Easter eggs.
Speaker 2: Whatever. Anyways, congratulations to them all, very exciting and excited for the Super Bowl action here in Vegas. All right, onto another pop superstar. I feel like nobody even cares about Sam's Gary anymore except for Sam's Gary.
Speaker 1: But I don't think anybody cared about him when he was with her.
Speaker 2: Probably he is dragging out this divorce, you know, that should have been handled really quickly, especially because they have a reup. But no, they don't have kids either, exactly. Brittany and Sam are still married. Why he is fighting the prenup. He believes that he's entitled to more money and he's trying to get it. So we'll see what happens there.
Speaker 1: Usually that goes into arbitration and someone Britney will end up paying for that because he doesn't have any of his own fucking money.
Speaker 2: What a shakedown, yeah, exactly. And sometimes it's just cheaper to give him more money than to pay arbitration, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you're gonna be paying a lawyer or someone in the system anyhow, so you may as well just fork it over. It sucks, you know. It should be just cut and dry. You signed this, here's your number, goodbye. It should just be done. That's why you did it in the first place.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 2: Anyways. In more Brittany related news, some Britney fans are like hello, like clockwork yet again, worried about her because of her erratic behavior on Instagram. Y'all, that's just her normal, It's oh kay, she's expressing herself. She you know, is enjoying the art of interpretive dance and getting some cardio in. However, and I'm not a conspiracy theorist. There are some conspiracy theorists that believe that Brittany was hacked yesterday. I'm not one of them. Over the weekend, Britney Spears kind of apologized for her memoir. She literally apologized. Actually, she said quote, I wanna apologize for some of the things I wrote about in my book. If I offended any of the people I genuinely care about, I am deeply sorry. I also wanted to say I am in love with Justin Timberlake's new song Selfish. It's so good. And how come every time I see Justin and Jimmy together I laugh so hard? Ps sanctified is wow to So some people are thinking that Justin Timberlake might have hacked Britney's inst.
Speaker 1: I don't think that's a possibility even but okay, like he would write that of all things.
Speaker 2: I don't think so either. But I do. And this is not me being a conspiracy theorist. I actually believe that over the last few days, Justin Timberlake reached out to Britney Spears. To me, that's the only way to interpret that statement. Why else would she have written what she wrote when she wrote it.
Speaker 1: Nah, I don't think he reached out at all. I don't think he's anywhere near that situation. He knows what she is and what that is and how volatile it is. No way. I think she can read the tea leaves online and she's not completely off the reservation so much that she doesn't see what's happening and what's been going on in her name. And I think she even feels that it's unfair because it is. You know, it's just salty fame that have a weird investment in things that happened to her twenty years ago, you know what I mean, Like it's all stupid. And I think even she realizes how stupid. It's like she's even smarter than her stupid fans. No.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love Brittany, but you're giving her too much credit.
Speaker 1: Okay, what do you think is more likely that justin Timberlake or somebody else hacked her account?
Speaker 2: No, not hacked her account, but he reached out to her because things are not in his favor right now and he knows.
Speaker 1: It first of all, Yes they are. No, this song is great and nobody cares they're not in his favor with dumb Britney fans. Do you think anybody really cares? No one cares, Yes, no one cares.
Speaker 2: The general public, Oh.
Speaker 1: General public is just driving down the street and listening to the radio and it comes on and they either like it or not.
Speaker 2: You're wrong again. The general public streams music with GP with the general public, the general population who stream music. Justin's new song has flopped. Last time I checked on the debut weekend on Sunday, it was at number forty four on Spotify and sixty eight on Apple Music.
Speaker 1: He's not whatever yg rapper that drops some song that you've never heard of. He's not that. He just has a fan base of older women at this point.
Speaker 2: Well, he was on SNL this weekend, very little buzz. In fact, the buzz that it did generate was negative.
Speaker 1: Eight people watch SNL, all right, that is not a barometer for anything.
Speaker 2: The Atlantic, The publication The Atlantic, posted this about Justin's appearance on SNL.
Speaker 1: Quote.
Speaker 2: An appearance by Justin Timberlake on Saturday Night Live used to be an event, but his depleted status in the pop cultural universe was hard to ignore. On his recent turn as a musical guest on the show, writes Esther Zuckerman, the TV critic.
Speaker 1: I don't disagree with the sentence of that. I mean he's walked away from music. Time has passed him by. He should have kept creating and doing things. I don't know if he thinks that, like, oh, I'll just put something out and people will care. Man of the Woods was a stiff. His last album was a complete bomb. It all goes back to the music and you and me we listened to the song and we were like, eh, you know, it's a kind of a throwback to what he did, and it did kind of what I expected it to do. It is what it is. I don't think it's like this new hot saving top forty kind of song. I don't think it was ever that. I don't think he's ever going to be that again.
Speaker 2: I think he should actually go and do a Vegas residency. That'd be great for him.
Speaker 1: You're probably right, you know what. Those people have money and they would travel, and if he did a tight show and did a few months, people would flock to that because he has fans. Yeah, I mean I went to his last show at the Forum. It sold out. He has fans. They all were over forty thoh, but you know what I mean, there wasn't a young person to be found, and that was what seven eight years ago. They're all seven eight years older now, them no reason to have young people following it.
Speaker 2: Meghan the Stallion released a new song that alluded to Nicki Minaj, so much so that Nicki Minaj got all hung up on Meghan the Stallion and was tweeting up a storm all weekend long, even though Meghan didn't directly name Nicki and like, I don't even care, like what the fuck she said? Rap beefs are so boring to me because it's like eighty percent fake. But Nicki wrote it and she like rush rely. I do love this, like surprised release a response track, but it's it's so petty. It's like, whatever happened to women supporting women? I guess not in hip hop. The song's called Bigfoot, and in reference, it mentions how Meghan was shot in the foot by Tory Lanez Long. Oh God. I mean, it's kind of funny but also lame at the same time. Nikki, I mean to her credit, though, Meghan, I think that Megan this Stallion song is gonna be a hit, and she didn't have to sample an old ass song and like remake it, you know.
Speaker 1: Because she had that one song, but Cyndy Lopper song. I was like, you're just basically saying a couple things over a song that's already a hit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like she can't have a hit without that point to Megan. Okay, speaking of Megan's From one Megan to another, Meghan Markle upset a lot of people in the UK, as she does regularly, because she and Prince Harry went down to the premiere of a movie in Jamaica. This Bob Marley film had its premiere down there, and a lot of royal watchers thought that it was an intentional diss at King Charles and insensitive, especially given the King's recent health situation with the enlarged prostate. Why Americans may not get this, but the Prime Minister of Jamaica wants to separate from the UK because Jamaica is still part of the Commonwealth, part of the monarchy.
Speaker 1: It's like how Anguila is zoned by the French and the Dutch and they split it. But I didn't know if it's still part of the monarchy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Prime Minister of Jamaica wants to cut all ties.
Speaker 1: He wants to peel off.
Speaker 2: Huh yeah, And a lot of these royal watchers are reading into it, or they just wanted a fucking vacation to Jamaica. You know, there's nothing wrong with that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a Bob Marley film. I'll take a trip to Jamaica to see a movie. Why not.
Speaker 2: Don't go to the Bahamas though, I read something that there's been like, I think close to twenty murders of US tourists in the Bahamas.
Speaker 1: I haven't been to the Bahamas in decades.
Speaker 2: Scary times. Alissa Milano, the iconic TV actress, upset a lot of sensitive souls when she took to social media to help fundraise for her son's baseball team. She sent out a very innocuous post saying, my son's baseball team is raising money for their Cooper's Town trip. Any amount would be so greatly appreciated. You can read more about the team and make a donation here. And then a lot of folks are like, why don't you just pay for it all? I mean, maybe she can't afford to pay for all those kids to go on a trip with chaperones, you know, and airfare at hotel like that's probably twenty thirty forty thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: And look, I get it on her side of things. Look if the moms and all the other crazy batshit crazy rich people, you know, kind of guess not everyone in the league is probably rich.
Speaker 2: She probably lives in the valley, and not everybody in the valley is loaded.
Speaker 1: Look if they all decided that they're going to do the Facebook thing and she doesn't do it, she looks kind of like an asshole, you know what I mean, Like she's not participating. She's trying to be like everybody else exactly, which I totally understand. But I can also understand you're gonna take flax. So for her, this is a not even a risk because here we are talking about Alyssa Milana, and no one's ever talking about Alyssa Milano, so you know, this isn't a horrible thing for her.
Speaker 2: Well, I love Alyssa Milano, and people talk about her more than like Jennifer love Hewett.
Speaker 1: Okay, well it's because of her politics and things like that, but I believe she has a clothing line attached to MLB and she's like a multi multi millionaire from it.
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't know about that. But she responded to all this backlash that she was getting and she says, quote, I'm getting media inquiries about whether I have financially contributed to my son's baseball team. I've paid for uniforms for the entire team and coaches, thrown birthday parties, and sponsor any kid who can't afford monthly dues. The kids also do fundraising themselves, car washes, movie nights, and many other fun things. Thank you to all who have contributed to the GoFundMe. You made things easier for these boys and their families.
Speaker 1: She's not in the raw. It's the internet. People are gonna throw shade her way because that's what they do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I did not participate in this. I've grown up. But a lot of you folks out there, and I'm not saying our listeners, but a lot of the general public are hypocrites and shady bitches.
Speaker 1: Okay, now you're talking my language.
Speaker 2: Kylie Jenner was in Paris recently for Paris Fashion Week. This one video went viral where people really just started commenting on her face and her appearance, saying things like, oh my god, she looks like she's thirty five. She's twenty six years old. And I was under the impression that to say somebody looks old or comment on all the works she got done was mean and inappropriate, and we're not supposed to do that anymore. Yet so many people on social media were doing just that, right, But they're Kardashians, so it's okay to attack her.
Speaker 1: I don't think any of them are attacking her, but this is their currency to be talked about in any way. Yeah, but come on, do you think any situation it's all that they have? So, yes, they welcome out.
Speaker 2: No you think Kylie.
Speaker 1: Do you think they want sunshine blown up their ass all day long? No, because that would get them nowhere.
Speaker 2: But do you think Kylie Jenner, who obviously has a lot of insecurity and issues with her physical appearance because she for many many years have gone to has gone to great lengths to change it, do you think these kinds of comments are going to make her feel good? No, they're not.
Speaker 1: Well, she doesn't have to read them.
Speaker 2: She's aware of them. She was trending in a major way.
Speaker 1: They're Kardashians. They do all this stuff. So we talk about them, or the people talk about them. It's their currency.
Speaker 2: She didn't try to look bad on purpose, nothing. And I don't even think she looked bad bad exactly, I don't think she looked bad.
Speaker 1: I am more perplexed to how she gets her lips to look so giant and they look real, And I know those aren't her lips because I've seen pictures of her lips. When she was a kid, her lips were like mine. Now they're like plumped and big, Like how do you make your lips? And do you talk differently because your lips are brown up?
Speaker 2: Now it's just the right amount of filler. Listen, if this were the Patreon show, I might share some different thoughts, but it's not.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Sign up for our Patreon though patreon dot com slash Perez Hilt.
Speaker 1: By the way, I'm just curious. I'm not throwing any judgment. I didn't say she looked old or anything, but I know that's not what she looks like.
Speaker 2: I'll revisit this on the Patreon on Thursday. All Right, some sad news. Jay Leno's wife Mavis has been diagnosed and is suffering from dementia, and things are so bad. Actually that Jay who's been married to her for over forty years. They have no children. He's filed for a conservatorship over her, and she's just seventy seven years old. I don't know what. I turned fifty, like, I'm gonna start like I'm cool now. I'm gonna turn forty six in March. But I've only got like four years left after fifty. Is like shit, fuck, Shit's real. I mean, shit's always real, Like you can get hit by a drunk driver in Las Vegas. But I know, seventy seven years young, it feels too young. Other upsetting, dark awful news, Vince McMahon has resigned as the head of WWE following yet again more allegations of inappropriate behavior with female employer. But what I find interesting is didn't this happen a few years ago as well?
Speaker 1: Wasn't it something with his wife or a mind? Not?
Speaker 2: No, that was that was Dana White.
Speaker 1: You, oh, you're right, it's Dana White. My apology.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Vince had I think very similar allegations a few years ago, took a temporary leave from WWE. His daughter started to run it, and then now it's like it's you know, deja vu?
Speaker 1: Did you see that? The WWE Monday Night Raw, it's like one of the most successful, or maybe it's Friday Night, one of the two. I want to say it's Monday Night Raw though, is moving to streaming and it's a it's a huge billions of dollar move and it just shows you like everybody is going to streaming.
Speaker 2: Like on their own platform, like the WWE platform.
Speaker 1: No, I think they're taking it to shit. I know which one it is. It'll hit me in a second.
Speaker 2: Netflix starting January of twenty twenty five, five billion dollar deal.
Speaker 1: Wow, isn't that crazy? And so I think they do a Friday night show as well. That'll stay on cable or wherever it is now. But you know it's got a to tag on it. It's probably heading to streaming too. I mean everyone is going there.
Speaker 2: Well, it's that definitely smart of Netflix because they would spend so much money on their shows and some of them would be duds. At least with this, it's it's like a guaranteed win.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's starting to look like your new cable bill, you know what I mean. I mean the cable bill used to be seventy eighty dollars and you got Netflix staring at twenty already, Like, how much time do you really spend on Netflix? It's it's precarious. Oh and since we're talking television, I'm watching the new Sofia Vagatta show Griselda, Griselda, what's your name? Blanco?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And it is phenomenal. I heard that, Yeah, four or five in Everybody's good in it. It's just such a great story. And I just love how it opens. It starts with a quote and it said I was afraid of no man except for one, and that man was a woman. Her name was Griselda Blanco Pablo Escobar. Really really good.
Speaker 2: I've heard that a friend of mine was telling me as well. They watched it, So that's two people I.
Speaker 1: Know that it's great.
Speaker 2: Highly recommends it's really.
Speaker 1: An exciting and fun watch. And she's so good.
Speaker 2: In other wacky news, rapper GZ and TV personality Genie May are involved in a very bitter divorce, so much so you know, she accused him of cheating on her, etcetera, etcetera. She, like sam Is Gary, is now trying to invalidate their prenup. Genie May has asked a judge not to enforce the prenup, claiming she wasn't given sufficient time before their wedding to review it.
Speaker 1: Then don't sign it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. She claims that that they began negotiation for the agreement only five days before their wedding. Good point, don't sign it.
Speaker 1: That's something you take care of before you get married.
Speaker 2: SAG has basically confirmed and bolstered what I said not that long ago about this whole Alec Baldwin situation. The Screen Actor's Guild is defending Alec Baldwin and the recent charges against him for involuntary manslaughter. SAG says, quote, an actor's job is not to be a firearms or weapons expert. Performers train to perform, and they are not required or expected to be experts on guns or experienced in their use. Yeah, there you go. Somebody brought her up recently, Michelle Trachtenberg, saying they don't think she's well and that she's behaving erratically and that she doesn't look healthy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I saw that on the message board of the patreonll Michelle Trachtenberg is responding and saying she's just older.
Speaker 2: Now, you know, she's thirty eight, She's not fourteen. Anymore and that she's healthy, she says, you know, and that she's pale, but she claims all is good. I don't have any insider information on what's going on there, but you know, I wish her well. More wacky news, politicians in Florida want to make social media illegal for anyone under the age of sixteen, even if they have parental approval. This is being spearheaded by Republicans there, and I just find that very interesting because I thought Republicans wanted less government intervention in your lives, and now they want to intervene in the parenting of others.
Speaker 1: I don't know where you got this that the Republicans want less government. Where did you get that they what control of the woman's body? That seems like a lot of government.
Speaker 2: To me, But that's one of their tenants.
Speaker 1: That's just some bullshit that they tell people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, you're right. In more wacky news, you I forget if it was on the Patreon show or the regular show, but we talked about it twice because we even had people calling in on it. But obviously our podcast is very impactful and people listen and other podcasters steal from us because we were talking about you know, the craziness with Sephora and specifically you know, young people using it. And now I've seen so many people having that conversation elsewhere.
Speaker 1: I went to the mall over the holidays, if you were a call, and I just kind of told the whole story of what the fuck was going on in there and how I didn't really understand it. I don't understand what young women are up to or what they're doing or real young Yeah, what's happening? And boy, you're right. I mean I saw that conversation almost verbatim on another podcast and I sent it to Perez and he just started laughing. He's like, people are ripping us off. I'm like, yeah, apparently, so.
Speaker 2: I love it. Some couples news, Tom Brady and Irena Shike, for those of you who have not been paying attention, have gotten back together after breaking up, after getting back together after breaking up, So right now they're back together. And one last story before we get to calls, But before that, a thank you to some of our Patreon supporters who gave us topic suggestions for today. Thank you to Cecilia Pepeese, Crystal Fox, David Hayes, Lexi Marie Sloane Veronica m and Victoria Sanchez, and finally, from one model to another and her relationship. Gigi Hadid and Bradley Cooper continued to be dating and taking their love overseas. Gigi and Bradley responded in London, holding hands and being very much a couple. So congrats to them. Let's take a call.
Speaker 4: Or two there from New York. The Daily Mail really seems to want me to care about Nicola Pelt But I'm so sure, like one hundred percent sure that i remember years and years ago, where as you had posts on your site about how she was a nightmare, did something bad, I'm not really sure. Yeah, I just saw that her age is twenty nine, so she must have been a child at the time. Am I imagining this?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Okay? First of all, some contexts. Nicola Pelts is married to Brooklyn Beckham, so it makes a lot of sense that The Daily Mail would talk about her because they're a UK publication and they cover UK celebrities way more than Americans. They still cover American celebs too, but obviously Posh.
Speaker 1: And Becks Beckham's a big deal there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're a listers there and the US they're like maybe a minus, but over there they're a plus. Okay, super a. Yeah, they're super a. So their son is going to be written about and he is married to Nicola Pelts and she is the dog of a billionaire and both are accurate. I think that a long time ago, you know, she was a model and just had a bad reputation. But also recently there were stories about the wedding and her being a nightmare during the wedding planning and they had to fire the wedding planner and all. So yeah, there you go.
Speaker 5: Hey, Gannie's this is Jen from Washington State, along time listener, Patreon subscriber, all that stuff. Well do you guys? Anyways, I heard on the podcast today talking about Lindsay Lohan fire crutch.
Speaker 2: Yesita, thank you.
Speaker 5: It was like, I don't get why she's upset. I totally understand because when the term came out, like it was used to make fun of her, it was it was you know, Paris Hilton and Brandon like be an asshole to her and whatever, and it can be upsetting to even hear. You know. However, many years later, I have a friend. She was a big girl in high school and she'd kind of charged at us when she'd see us and come running over. And she eventually got the nickname a steamroller because of a big girl running at you. They're like, oh, she's gonna roll us over. We went to a reunion and ran into obviously you know, class means from way back in the day, and someone came up there were like, oh, hey, steam how's it going us Christ And instantly like the light went out of her eyes.
Speaker 1: You know, yeah, what an asshole move. I mean, you're talking about our weight. I'm not saying that it was appropriate. I'm just when you dive into the whole like firecrotch, I just the whole thing doesn't really seem that offensive to me. When you're a redhead, it's a terrible diss.
Speaker 2: You're a guy, You're not a woman, clearly.
Speaker 1: But thank you, guys. We need more calls, good ones.
Speaker 2: Eight hundred seven eight five, Give us a call. Hopefully we'll see you all on patreon dot com slash parrez Hilton deal. All right, have a good week. Everybody see somebody Thursday or all of you.
Speaker 1: Bye, please, all of you, but bye.