Speaker 1: You are listening to the Daily Best of The Rick Burgers Show. Hey, catch the entire show wherever you get podcast, or watch us live and archived on YouTube. And subscribers can watch the Daily Best of the Rick Burgers Show on Blaze TV. Thanks for watching and listening, and be sure to follow us on social media for more from the whole gang at The Rick Burgers Show. And here we go Hatch Nuclear Plants in Baxley, Georgia. Bluegrass Taxi Frank Frick, Kentucky, saying I share all the wisdom from the show with everybody. Clarksville, Tennessee's ready, Fife, Alabama, Laardodelle County, Huntsville, Alabama, The Rocket City. Let's go there, Go shoones burh Arkansas. Oh again, Let's go. Sacred Heart Hospital Lab. They're ready, Mount Washington, Kentucky.
Speaker 2: We're in.
Speaker 1: Hayden, Alabama, home of the Hayden Podcast. They're in Dothan, Alabama. Pennsylvania is ready.
Speaker 3: Let's go.
Speaker 1: Somebody say short week? Yeah, it is a short week. We're here coming off an active weekend. We'll update you on that today on the show. Speedy, Greg and Adler, as you heard, are here. And yeah, we'll all take Independence Day off, so Friday will be a Rick Burgess Show replay. So up, well, let's still still doing the looping. Uh. So you you will be uh, you will be enjoying an old show on Friday as you celebrate our nation's two hundredth and forty ninth birthday. So, and when we're moving toward the Squino and spokesman, you need to be better than that. Yes, Squinchial centennial, let me called. Yes, that's I don't know I how to do that. Semi quinn Sien Centennial.
Speaker 2: Semi Quinn centennial.
Speaker 1: You can't do that semi quinn Centennial. You're gonna have to. Well, it's so much harder than bi centennial. Is so much so much sounds like somebody's messing when you made up a word. Gosh, I was telling my you know, I went to New York to spend time with my oldest son and his wife, and I was discussing with them that you know, I will be speaking on behalf of America as far as Alabama's concern of the fifty to fifty United States. Uh, in the fifty fifty United States and soup Alabama. And we're getting ready for the two hundred and fiftieth. And I told them, I said, you know, believe it or not, I'm old enough to remember the by Cintendal absolutely, And we all had our school day pictures made on the Liberty Bell. Now I was ten. One thing I didn't expect from my daughter in law, who was a brilliant woman, she said, wow, so y'all had to go to the Liberty Bell. I said, not the Actually, yeah, well they shipped all of the suff No, no, it was it was a replica. Yeah, that that we all had. And even Sherry hollered from the back of the house getting ready for us to go, said me too, I remember that. So of course she was in like first grade. I think I was in fifth grade. Like I said, I brought it up before. I remember, you know, the Bicentennial coins. Our granddad us a roll like we were supposed to keep them, because they were like to keep saying. We ended up spending them down at Taylor's Grocery. Oh yeah, we can get some gum with this.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, fifty nifty United States and the thirteen original color.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah. We had all kinds of places. Would you like got played Indian? Would you would you like to know that when we sang fifty to fifty that that was one of the first gigs ever got as a DJ. Oh, I did not know that the choral teacher let me be the DJ voice. I didn't even know that was coming back. You don't. I don't remember that. I remember that you were spoken word. But in our unprejudiced opinion, I love May is the best, oh Rick, and I got the voice that's came back to me and there was a list. There was something more than unprejudiced, remember that being the last part in our whatever whatever, unprejudiced opinion is the best. And then my fifty from the didn't need.
Speaker 4: Do you have your copy for Independence Day yet? Since you're hosting the fireworks show?
Speaker 1: No, I don't. Matter of fact, I know you won't think about that till till that morning. You have so much going on then. But you're gonna have to dial in Quincentennial. Yeah. Quin that's a tough one because you know you don't even rhyme with anything. Really. No, So no, that is Friday night when I host the fireworks there an American village in Alabama, Quincy. You know how you try to get everything put to bed. Uh huh. So they sent me parking passes, water bottles with fans on them, all the all the things, not my not my script, but the hot you know, the things from the day, the maps and all that, and then they and then she puts in there. Of course you'll need the wristbands. And I go through the bag and I'm like, there's no wristbands in here. They fell out clearly, so there's no wristbands.
Speaker 4: So I'm sure there were no knowing detailed is no now there aren't now, but there were.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the bag most definitely the bag was tied up. I took everything out of the bag. There's no there's no arm beds in there. So the salesperson that picked it up either dropped them out or Kay, buddy, I'm just telling you there's no That's what we're to believe.
Speaker 2: So you think the person stole them to sell them.
Speaker 1: I don't think they stole them. I think they may have neglected to put them in there. Yeah, somebody, you know, there's you know, there's a lot to put in that bag. I'll bear them, right. So I've now I've got in the next really few hours, I've got to come up with wristbands because it's coming.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, say that word rim.
Speaker 1: Semi Quinn Centennial. All you got Simmy Quinston. If I can see it, I can Simmy Quinson, Simmi Quinn Centennial. But you know of all you said, ain't what you were saying a few minutes ago? No, it was not in closed that that's correct.
Speaker 5: Quin's another one that's semiquid Yees Centialementennial.
Speaker 2: I think that's the seventy five or.
Speaker 4: The one wine whatever, the Semi Quinn and then centennial.
Speaker 2: But there it is.
Speaker 1: I will tell you of all the of all the states. So in my in praisderous opinion is the.
Speaker 2: Does they live there?
Speaker 1: So has your outfit company come in? Is your outfit come in? Your big uncle Sam? I was telling no shorts. I've been I've been telling no shorts. They said I can't wear shorts on the main stage. Organization had to tell you that you can't wear shorts.
Speaker 2: Rick, I said, it's an understood.
Speaker 1: I said, I said, what's appropriate dress? Last year I wore my John Daily flag shorts. Please tell me you didn't explain it to him like that I did. They said, you can wear what if you want to roaming around. But when it comes time for the stage to start, we need you some slacks. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So, because.
Speaker 1: Because it's America, it's not like it's Joe. You have tennial, you have a white wig you're going to bring with you. I'm not doing that. It's too hot. What's the web? I didn't looked at the the weather hotter in Hell extended for the forecast, and that actually said hotter than nine.
Speaker 4: This is what the forecast says, not me, So don't I'm not mojo, and I'm sure this is just what it says. That Friday is the one day that there's no rain forecast.
Speaker 1: So but we'll see. You know how it gets midwek it'll change. Oh you think I don't know how? That is what tall I tell you about my flat home. By the way, I just got home just three minutes ago. Yeah, your truck pulled up a litterally. I was actually early. Yeah, and I look and I said, hey, Rick, sorry here, I got on in here. And then I said, na I bet he he left. We got back so late. I didn't even come and get my truck. He had to pick me up for work. You had picked that in I did scared me standing in the dark. Here's I started to reflect.
Speaker 5: My gosh, here's an Instagram story of you in a subway thirteen hours ago in New York City, right down.
Speaker 1: I thought my plane would leave on time. I was wrong. Look at you grinned and you were happy. Yeah, that's a good fakes now it had a good visit, had known back. Hey, and how about this. If you decide to go visit your your your son and his wife, who are locals, they'll make you do the subway. They'll make you do local things. Oh, my gosh, Hey that subway. That's a different that's a different world down there.
Speaker 5: Hey, hey inexpensive. Uh, it's usually pretty dependable, but man, not a not a. Tunnels are hot, not a polished experience. Tunnels are hot, not over to clean, no, really polished clean. And some weird people and some interesting folk, weird folks that you wonder.
Speaker 2: Trapped in a tube underground the whole time because you are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I look at them sometimes I go when was the last time? How you yell like so daylight? Yel just stay down.
Speaker 2: This there goes right all day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're not a bad singer, but this can't be good that you're down here. Yeah, you know, and good job. And you'll probably seen this on on social media because i'd seen it before, but I lived it. The guy who gets on the train and says and about it, and he always uses the term eleven seconds and eleven seconds, I'm gonna be turn it out and here y'all get ready and he and he starts dancing and hanging on.
Speaker 2: The poles and you saw it, yeah, and he listened.
Speaker 6: What what what?
Speaker 1: Tim What I noticed is really annoys Blake and Dally Blake deals with him a lot, you know, traveling Buddy's done with it. Blake turned his back to him and said, look y'all, just just get through this. I said this kind of, I said, does this annoy he goes, Yeah, annoys me, he goes, you know, he feels like it feels abigae and he makes you feel bad if you don't give him something that's like you're a terrible person. He gives me. He does it all the time. This is the rick just show by the way, someone's got it on the text nation, because this song was at every school everywhere, fifty and fifty in our cool, collective, unprejudiced opinion and then you would insert your state based on where you lived, and it was in fifty yeah, and let's face it, we know the business a little better now. Somebody who wrote that made a killing on all these schools buying the rights to that song and all the little choirs and all the little school plays. You know, so it would be so I got to put my hand on my ear and the choral teacher gave me, you know, and God love her, God love her. You know. She also had to deal with high school kids.
Speaker 7: Uh huh.
Speaker 1: And her name was Mislay. God love her. So anyway, but that was her real name, that was her last name. But anyway, so so now that's just a rough road, you know when you're when you're teacher teaching teenage boys, you know, sadly, Uh, it was in our cool, collective and prejudiced opinion, Alabama is the best. I bet that was the best day.
Speaker 5: You.
Speaker 1: Oh, I couldn't believe you think I went in the ref at mit? You think I got it hot? What was that other? When we were really young, you were in that play and you were some guy that had like powers. What was that you're you talking about? Mister faith doctor, Faith doctor, Faith.
Speaker 7: This year.
Speaker 1: Listen, we were threat We were playing a second. By the way, in February, I was defending defending. Was the lawyer for February lawyer defensiveturney? Yeah, yeah, that's it had the most lines. Yes, not bragging, that's just they thought I could handle. What was that play you were into when you got that last line about the about the dream of the drums? Dick play was the thanks you guys in the second grade, second grade and two other people out there, and we were doing our lines, and I think we all just stood there. But anyway, and I had the land and everybody laughed and thought it was funny. Yeah, save me the drumstick. I don't know why people kept putting me because I hated stuff like that. I know, gat when I great when I played doctor Faith, I thought, well, oh that was you were sick. I thought I thought there would be some kind of word for this. You know, they talked about the actors that stay in character even when it's not going over. Oh yeah, I bet you know what I knew. I knew the future of Abraham Lincoln. Nobody else did I forget. But anyway, also, so you were the all knowing narrator. I was, yeah, you see this little boy right here one day? Yeah, And I had some kind of little clown sidekick that Tracy Edwards played, and he was supposed to swing. Remember he was swinging. He was swinging something that was a necklace or something to fly up. His hand went into the audience. I remember that. How do you guys remember that? I bet you an give me a line from February? Yes, I do. I want everything. This is my uh. One of the witnesses I caught up was the month of March. You know, it's real windy during March. So she was up there before she starts, she was making like wind sounds, and I stood up and I said, I object, is this exhibition necessary? I was an orphan?
Speaker 3: You're what?
Speaker 5: I was an orphan a lot for some little dirty orphan, like the background kid dancing to the orphan song.
Speaker 2: I'd be an elf in a second.
Speaker 5: And then I portrayed Michael Jordan's in the wax Museum. We had wax Museum Day. It was just like be whoever you wanted, you better black face. And I actually remember asking my mom, like, of course we got to paint my skin up right, And she was like, no, we will not be painting your skins today.
Speaker 2: So here's your jersey.
Speaker 1: You're stood there looking like you do now instead you were Michael Jordan.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, I had the.
Speaker 2: Ball you know how you do the fake Oh yeah, oh yes, and I just I just stood like that, that is Michael. I was like, my mom didn't let me paint my skin.
Speaker 1: I don't know why.
Speaker 2: Yo, what a fuddy duddy.
Speaker 1: I'm the why. That's good. That's so good. Text Nation asking the question did I see the naked cowboy? Let me just let you in on something, and you probably weren't paying attention to this New York City shirt certainly was Uh. We were there for the Pride parade. Oh boy, So we didn't go anywhere near Times Square. I didn't. I didn't even No one could even say Times Square around me. We didn't even. We didn't do anything.
Speaker 2: If you've been already.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when you're with locals, they think all the tourist stuff, like the last day, we're going around doing things, you know, like some museum and all this kind of stuff and places to eat and the Chelsea Market and that kind of thing. And of course right at the last minute they were like, well, you know, I know y'all got to get to your plane, so we want to be sure that, you know, we get these things in. I said, well, I only got two things I want to do, and my son looked said what, And I said, I want to go to the Statue of Liberty and the Empire State Building Square. And they both looked at me, his wife and my son, and said, we'll enjoy that. Okay, real quick, before we jump back into the show. I got something special I got to tell you about. And it's only happening this week, all right, So here it blazes TV. We're officially calling this fourth of July No King's Day, because let's be honest, that's what the fourth of July really is, Okay, not the least version of it. It's not just fireworks and cookouts. It's the day we told King George to go kick rocks. We rejected the idea of a monarchy, elites, unaccountable power, that we be ruled by the people. Okay, we the people. That's the spirit behind Independence Day. And we didn't just break up with England. We built something better, a constitutional republic grounded in liberty, individual rights, and God given freedom. No kings, no tyrants, just self governance under the rule of law. So this year, to celebrate our independence from the crown and everything Blaze TV stands for, we're doing something we've never done before. Right now, for the first time ever, you can get a seven day free trial of Blaze TV. Now. This means full access to every show, every documentary, every unfiltered voice that we got completely free for one week. It's your chance to celebrate true freedom with us, support honest media, and decide for yourself what's worth watching. So if you've ever thought about joining Blaze TV, this is your moment. No risk, no kings, just truth. Celebrate no King's Day, the real one, the way the founders would have won it by choosing truth over tyranny. Start your seven day free trial now at BlazeTV dot com slash rick. That's BlazeTV dot com slash rick. No promo code necessary, Just sign up for an account and start watching today and let freedom stream. Now.
Speaker 7: This is horrible.
Speaker 1: I come in speed. He's talking about what happened in Idaho. I didn't even know what he was talking about. Sadly, now I do, Uh, what what is man? What a world we live? In so, so see if I have this right. So, the SWAT team has located a deceased man in a nearby firearm, hours after a sniper shot and killed two firefighters injured another while they were battling a wildfire in Idaho that he apparently set as bait. Right, Yeah, who's going to be for the firefighter? I don't know. I don't think about it. I don't know that. I guess some of those details maybe will come out later.
Speaker 4: Or some individual that was there that he maybe, I don't know. Everybody is assuming and trying to figure it out. They feel like it was probably not a target as far as oh I know that person, I'm going after him. It was just an evil person that ambushed firefighters after starting a brush fire. And as you said, Rick, he killed two of them, and another one's in surgery right now hadn't made it out. But authorities, after they were looking for the sniper, found him up on Canfield Mountain and found him dead with the farm beside him.
Speaker 1: And so he took his own life after he shot them, I guess so.
Speaker 4: And as the brush fire was moving up the mountain, they were able to get his body and move it. So for evidence, and you know, their investigation, which was smart, but yeah, there's a lot of unanswered questions, but just an awful They were talking to some of the responders and they said these firefighters were sitting ducks.
Speaker 1: They had no chance well at all. Yeah, we know that evil exists in the world that seems chaotic and has no rhyme or reason. It's evil no matter what. But yeah, just sometimes wickedness and evilness and demonic activity, which this kind of stuff always is. It could just be like you said, I set a fire because I want to bring in firefighters to shoot them. But but we're early in the investigation and we will see. You know, is he some you know, person who wanted to be a firefighter and they wouldn't never would they never would approven him. Was he was he fired from maybe somewhere where he worked. Is he, like you said, is there a bone to pick with one of the individuals he knew would be on call if there was a fire, All of that will come out. I mean, it's it's wicked and evil no matter what. Right, Uh. But it could be that there's no rhyme or reason. I just wanted to shoot firefighters, or there could be some other motivation that's more personal. We'll see, yeah, uh and uh, but none of that's out right now.
Speaker 4: The FBI, of course, is helping, and the sheriff said that, uh, you know, they were happy to report that they did find this the shooter and that they feel like it was only one shooter.
Speaker 1: So that's why they told everybody.
Speaker 4: You know, they had had everybody in lockdown and told everybody to stay indoors and all that. So at least that's been resolved. But just a just an awful situation, Just awful, awful, awful, just hearing them talk about how it happened and what went down and the poor firefighters just there doing their job. And they did say that they can confirm that he did this person they felt did start it, and he was the only shooter, the only sniper.
Speaker 5: And did I see that they were making like during press conferences before they found him, they were like, if you have a shot on this guy, go ahead and take it just out to the public, which that to me was that was shocking.
Speaker 2: I was like, wow, not only did they ask.
Speaker 5: For the public's help, Homeland security helicopters were searching the area, so it was all hands on deck type scenario, including asking civilians for help, which was.
Speaker 2: That was wild to me, but hey, so yeah it sounds good to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's you know, that's when you know that you're in an armed area if they call for the locals to help.
Speaker 4: Yes, and yeah, it's fairly. It's a small rural town and so it's just bizarre and bizarre situation.
Speaker 5: People are trying to tie this to like twenty five years ago some Aryan, you know what I mean, guys, there was some kind of standoff and something was burned down, like some Aryan headquarters was burned down twenty five years ago, and people are trying to tie it to that, and there's no I don't think hard evidence to except for the anniversary date, so that that's something that people are trying to tie to this.
Speaker 2: But I don't think there's there's too much.
Speaker 1: I'm sure the department are trying to put that fire out right started? Yeahright, So I don't understand what we have a bee for them about? Right? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Why would you have a beef?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Sure, I think it's obviously a crazy person.
Speaker 1: Also another story today it has it has a much happier ending, thank goodness, Can you imagine being on a Disney Dream cruise and a father jumps overboard to save his daughter who had fallen overboard? Can you imagine? They said? Within minutes, Disney crew members sprang into action, lowering your bright yellow rescue vessel into the sea. And you have people writing on Facebook who were on there said a little girl fell overboard, her dad jumped overboard to try to savor man overboard calls went up immediately, the crew went into action, lots of folks begin to pray on the ship, and both the little girl and the dead were successfully Can yeah imagine? Wow? Wow, But hey, you gotta go get him understood? Yeah, I mean world did she fall in? Yeah? I don't know. You got to really kind of try. I mean, can you imagine? They said they were surprised how well Pluto could swim. Uh and uh right yeah right, and so uh but no, can you to me that. I'm trying to think, wow that but it ended well, which is real praise for the man overboarding and it ends well. Yeah, especially you know they said they were going at top speed at the time. They can't slam the brakes on, right, and so you have to give a credit to the Disney cruise. Yeah, they must jumped. Actually, they must be ready to go, and of course the dad instinctively goes in to get his daughter. We certainly understand that. But wow, that's had to be pretty high up too. Oh yeah, yeah. And they said how about this, They say, these these ships that Disney uses are nine hundred million dollars worth of worth of ship. And so they got they got a lot going on, said everybody on the Everybody on the cruise was saying that, wow, that it was intense to watch this. Wow. So so anyway, they got the boat in the water, and they got the dad with his child on board and and saved him. So that's that's a happy ending there. But what it normally does not, can you? It doesn't. Normally it doesn't y'all.
Speaker 2: Remember when that kid jumped off that is that ship. Eighteen year old kid, Yeah, trying to impress his friends on the senior trip or whatever. Yes, and just disappeared.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's not That's the way it mostly is. Yeahah, you know, when I saw the headline, I was like, oh, please, let this have a happy ending.
Speaker 2: It's the top of the hour.
Speaker 1: We'll be back New York city and trying to get there and back in a weekend. Hey, good luck bird. Also, if you're just joining us, we have covered the horrible attack on the fireman in Idaho, setting a booby trap for him by lighting a fire. We covered that story, the Disney cruise story. We hit that. We've hit a couple of other things. So catch that on the archives if you archives, if you've already missed it.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 1: Speedy's been talking about that. He and Greg they were granddads this week in with their grandkids. Uh and Greg, boy, Greg, you had to staying with you and then your other two are not far from you, and you took on a let's let's go, let's go on location. Yeah, to a kid place. Yeah, I might stare what it's called. You don't remember the name of it. I know, but it's one of these where they got the slides and the you know they went around, says our kids. This one was really nice. Did they have wristbands? Yes? They did. Okay, you've been lost them. So we we on the way there. You've got to make reservations. They only limited. That's a good idea of it, Like for two hour period. I don't know the number twenty five whatever, you know, that's the maximum. Then they break it down in the place that Greg what.
Speaker 2: Is it petite play?
Speaker 1: I don't think so. Okay, I'm not sure. But anyway, so so they when you sign up, they go, you need to read the rules on how you're supposed to act. And at least it's like, there's Ellison Marion in the back of card. So I'm gonna read the rules. I'm going this is good. So she reads the rules. Rules, you can't throw balls out of the ball pit into the other plot. You can't go up the slides, you know how that climb up, and you can't be pushing all this stuff. Well I didn't realize it, but Ellis is a rule follower. So you have a grandson that is a rule follower. So he went ahead and pointed even strangers and was calling people out when they were throwing balls. He hey, you can't do that, all right, not just not just a rule follower, a rule enforce yes, And it don't matter if he knows you're not like he was it. Of course, he'd had to get onto his sister a little bit, but he was. He was correcting everybody, and I thought that was hilario that is. But they get in there and you got the big side and then you got the small side. So Mary Hollis would do both, and that's she tiny one. She's tiny, but she gets around good. So she would. You look, she'd been the top of the big one and Ellis would slide with her. And all Ellis ever say, hey, you're breaking rule by being on the beach. He didn't notice. I don't think. I don't think that was not a rule. Okay, that's not real, right, he would have quoted it. But uh, anyway, So at one point we're sitting there in a they're all lined up and then he's a good slide. I mean, you're getting it when they're lined up there, and again one of the Roses gonna be pushing. Well, all of a sudden, pace just comes flying out of there rolling. I mean somebody has shoved him. And Mama Bear saw it, Lisa, so here she goes, you ain't gonna be doing that, and he was okay, Well she got away to smash his kids leads up and moving and she was up. She jump out of her seat and she goes in there. Of course he's fine, but still she goes but it did look bad. I'll admit this. But here's the funny part. So this one person that we've tied this to not only throwing down the slide, but anyway, so I suspect it must be some burly kid. Actually it's a girl and she's terrorizing everybody. She's breaking every rule there is. So it's not Boumont. No, it's a girl. And she's not even that big because she's slinging people around like crazy. Yes, she's throwing balls of people's faces. Else called her out on that. That's what it was. Elis just you know what to do with you? And at one point I think she shoved him because from up top I hear Mary and I said, Eli's his sister scream, Hey, don't be pushing my brother. Oh no, So we got that going, and then of course she was pushing him. Later, Oh it didn't matter. But it's different. It was great, and but I wish you out have seen Lisa. Yeah, she you know, she's over being quiet, watching kids and hurt. Is it the factory?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: I don't know. People. Can you not know that? It was just a few days ago. I don't know what it's called. But anyway, Uh, it's really nice. I'll give them that. So we do all that. We have a great role, We have a great time. Elis is correct, and everybody while, you know, being assaulted by a girl and not the pace she threw was facing that big But what's funny. But none of them are scared. They were all just going nuts, you know, in the past. And Pace shook it off. Oh yeah, he was fine, he was fine. And uh but but like I said, he uh, he's running back and forth all the coach. He's not very big. But Mary Hollis is tiny, tiny, And here's the thing. She's tiny, but she's older than she looks. So I watched people. They speak to her and then she starts having a conversation with them. They're like something ain't right, starts talking. You're too small for You're not supposed to be talking like that. But so the end we're wrapping up. We had a great time. They got this cotton candy machine and it's automated. Well do you make the money in It's got like a robot in there that it makes it. You like it'd be a little quicker. Oh right, So we're all forced down into the line. Line line, not Papa. Yeah, so we're all and it just fell along as this steak Papa. The order that were going in came by who got their shoes first and got over there, so you know, we didn't say you're first it, so Marin ended up being four.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 1: So we go through it then, like I say, you wish it was and it's huge. So it comes out like Mary Hollis is holding it's bigger than her okay, and she's just tearing it up and cotton Kenny ain't messing. No talk about sugar. But Rick also And this was what happened to me when I was a kid, because you remember stuff. All a sudden we go up he in it this Mary and turning the machine goes boom, No, gone completely one away. Three of the others are sitting there with their cotton candy and there's Marion. I was looking no, and we and we looked at the girl. She goes, I guess it overheated. I guess. I mean there's nothing I can do. There's nothing. Kids share so good, yeah, but actually surprising enough they felt bad for her and uh and and actually started sharing. Of course, I mean that ain't the same. It's having your own, especially when their spits all over it. Yes, they were reaching and everyone here and even her brother of all people, went to Edi Burger King after it. He said, maybe Mary can get an ice cream? He said, she didn't get any cotton candy, but she didn't want to ask cream. But the point is she timing. Wow, she she actually better than I thought, better than you would have. Yeah, bunch of cotton gay would kicked it three times. Yeah, but she handled as good as good as you could. But yeah, it was like it was right on time. So here, it's your time, Mary, and here we goes. It took forever and we're like, oh, you're finally here. Pitch everything on every display on it was out. But anyway with it. Whatever the name of the place was, it was really fun. Great people people throwing the factory out. That's a trampling place, is it? Okay? Greg, describe it to us. What's in there? It's you know, it's the balls and the slide and climb up. I had some cool thing over there in the little one where you stick the balls in and and air sucks and it goes around these two years ago. Okay, all right, so Mary hot is like that. She would go play with the big kids and then you look your big cup back over over that. Okay, that's how it sounds.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 1: So if anybody's heard that whatever that place is going.
Speaker 6: There it is.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's petite play.
Speaker 1: That's the first. That's the thing I said this morning, or like earlier, calling it the online thing is wrong.
Speaker 2: Maybe it is, I guess that is so the sign on the front of the building, that is it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, it just didn't feel right. Mine didn't feel long. All right, buddy, Look it didn't feel right. It didn't sound like that was it. Okay, Marion, come up, it's time for you to let this super awesome cotton candy me. She'd make you something. Oh I felt so sorry for at along with it, Papa. She she handled it better than I thought she would. Why is getting on everybody?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Why she yelled at other people children?
Speaker 2: No, you seems mad, lely.
Speaker 1: Seems mad, Papa.
Speaker 6: She was.
Speaker 1: Did she confront the kid that turned out to be a bully female? Yeah? Yeah, I expecting to see something like red headed kid up her all boat up. Sure she wouldn't that big red headed because you think I got yea sure, But she she wasn't even that big, but she was aggressive. At one point she was up top just screaming like a dinosaur. It was unbelievable to the mean girl. Papa, right, I mean, he let's try to tell her quit throwing balls out of the things. I was throwing them at him.
Speaker 8: Oh so she was.
Speaker 1: She was not a real follower, no, Rick, did anybody ever get her under control? Not? Really? Did her parents just say? Look, I'm not comment on that, but let's just say whoever was in charge was more worried about his phone than he was all that. So I said, you know, we've seen that. Okay, oh, this is my weekend with dad and he's over in his fine. I don't know about all that, Rick, I be dadler to it. He was about to say it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, watch kids, I've had to I mean, my goodness, I mean I've had to say. Your daddy's in the bathroom. He didn't tell you, but he's in the bathroom. I watched him.
Speaker 1: I watched you. You'll talk.
Speaker 2: Your dad's in the bathroom. He'll be right back. He wasn't paying attention to before, he's not paying attention to now. You'll be fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah, But the good news is he's updated. Whatever's going on.
Speaker 4: Is from Yes, I saw one of the best shirts. So we went to this place with River. That's the indoor It's called putter Up, I believe, Oh boy. And it's an indoor putting facility and uh and River said, hey, pop's gonna have a T shirt. And he looked at one and said, I like big putts and I cannot.
Speaker 1: Can I have that shirt? How did you not buy that? I wanted to so bad of them.
Speaker 2: One for you and.
Speaker 1: We'll be back. Only we're gonna get that one forever. Maybe not. Let's let's watch your kids.
Speaker 4: I mean, oh, I know if you go into places, watch your kids.
Speaker 1: Just I'll watch them.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 1: Let's call them if they need to be cold, don't mate, do it apparently Adler. We'll be right back. You know, we have these aging acts that are out there in the entertainment business. Oh, more than ever, more than ever, Greg, I saw something that's going to bother you a little bit. Now, I don't know, I haven't seen it. Are we messing with the memories on something? Some people are saying that the current status of ac DC needs to stop. You know, I think I saw a headline. I thought they were still owning it, but people said they've seen videos from the tour and now they're not going to buy tickets. Is it Vocals more? I don't know that. I don't know what it meant. It just meant that they looked rough and it and it feels rough. It was I didn't realize they had not toured Australia in a decade and they were people in Australia saying I'm not going to buy tickets now. I've watched them on wherever they are, whatever leg of the world tour they're on now, and they're just saying, look, I mean, good night there. Yeah, and this is this is not a show that that requires no energy. That's what I was thinking. Say, I watched I saw some footage of Angus and now he's gray headed like me, but he like he was still trying to do his little but fine. The one it is the Vocals? Is it the Vocals? They brought Brian Johnson back he already lost lost his hearing Adler do you know.
Speaker 2: Because I mean I always see this showing up in my feet.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, no problem there, it doesn't I'll go ahead and tell you being a rock star. You have a pass. You can dye your hair if you want to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you have a pass.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah he does.
Speaker 4: And and like I saw another woman embracing the gray though.
Speaker 1: It's pretty funny. Yeah, that's cool too. I saw somebody post something saying Rod Stewart is now embarrassing. Yeah, and he had to cancel a lot of show. That's it's he can't guy, the Romanstones, the Devil. They're going to stay usful. That's right. Everybody else when you're in your eighties late seventies, especially like you're talking this type of music, a lot of energy. Yeah, it's gonna be tough, you know what Billy Joel's falling around. Yeah, Paul Simon today, it's just headlines today from Paul Simon, who is eighty three. Come on, I know that Paul Simon. Would you ever think of that would be on tour? Greg? Yeah, I can't imagine talking to mom and her saying this phrase back to me. Had to cancel some of my tour. Yeah what mom? Yeah, I'm not gonna do a few dates. Got to have surgery Vegas residents.
Speaker 4: I'm not maybe Greg containing the grocery store.
Speaker 1: I've got to cancel the guys. I know, hey, look guys, I know y'all come to see me and me a walk. I've had cancer cancer. Good news is Greg's taking me to get groceries, not you, Rick, Rick, and we've even stick you handled the tour? Was it me and you talking about it? Let's just call it Axel Rose is not sounding great. That's bad.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's bad.
Speaker 1: I saw I saw a guy on the subway that had on. I would I can't imagine what this was like guns and roses at the Apollo. Oh wow, and I was interesting. Uh but anyway, so Paul Simon, if you were going out to see eighty three year old Paul Simon, uh, he's it's they say, minor surgery. But it has called him to cancel a few of his tour dates. The fact that you're eighty three and can cancel tour dates means you had them. Yeah, and that yeah, that's real and it made the news when you did that. That's amazing to me. Yeah, this this isn't good though.
Speaker 8: We got.
Speaker 1: You know now, they're not up in the age like everybody. They're probably late sixties. Yeah, he had sixties, but def leopards still out there. They were Armingham last week. I hear the and that they sound pretty but they're not eighties. No, they're not in there, but they're in their sixties. The Stones, Like you say, I think some of our eighty year olds are comparing themselves to the Stones. Yeah, Greg said it very clear. They made a deal with the devil. That's different.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, okay, they Ringo Starr like eighty four And didn't I see like last week he was in Tuscaloosa, But did we.
Speaker 1: Want to see that? But didn't he he? I know he used to tour what he called his all star band. He had a lot of other people. Okay, so he's just maybe, but I don't know. Okay.
Speaker 5: Rod Stewart eighty years old, headlining Glastonbury, the huge festival, headlining. He's one of one of the headliners, Rod Stewart, uh is he's actually brought on Ronnie Wood.
Speaker 2: So he brings Ronnie Wood on sticks one of their faces together.
Speaker 1: There's two white cool legends.
Speaker 5: But he brings on first of all Wood, So he brings on Ronnie Wood here and then Speedy. You can't watch this, he's gonna say, and Lulu another singer.
Speaker 1: Wow. So your ears do keep growing.
Speaker 2: Lulu is supposed to come out next song.
Speaker 1: So now.
Speaker 2: I was going to wait a minute, where's Lulu?
Speaker 4: I thought, Lulu is sitting down leaving one soaking.
Speaker 1: Where's where's Lulu?
Speaker 2: Lulu is not supposed to be on? And after sorry he was coming on off to this? Then sorry, I did that.
Speaker 1: That's that's not see. But Ronnie, he made the deal. It's different. Yeah, they'll just keep rocking.
Speaker 5: You can tell he's coming do don't fall.
Speaker 1: Still has good hair though, and a fantastic suit. By New York City, My oldest son and second oldest child, Blake Burgess, lives there with his wife Priscilla.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: And both of them are entertainers, and so they they were in between gigs, and we had put this, uh, based on their tours and all this stuff on the schedule, uh and all the things they were involved in going for the weekend. Uh So I told Sherry, I said, and she's like, I don't I know. Well, I said, here we go putting our lives in the hands of the commercial airlines. And she goes, don't do this. You got a bad street and uh So I'll get into that later. Let's talk about the joy of New York hot it had cooled off on Friday. I was gonna say Friday, Friday was nice, Saturday getting a little warmer, Sunday warm, okay and arm and this is the thing when you're going And I want to first of all, and I said this to them personally, and I want to say it publicly. I'm so grateful for the wonderful weekend. They worked so hard to say, get us a plan every day, here's what we're going to do. And we wanted to go. And we've been there as tourists many times, we've been there for work multiple times. We wanted we had we wanted to go there and say we're just gonna we want to immerse ourselves into your world.
Speaker 2: Do as the locals.
Speaker 1: We want to be locals. We're not gonna be tourists now. Apparently, according to my son, I took it to far and and they finally Blake had said, Dad, that's that's enough. I started talking like New Yorkers and strug wanting to say New York things, and uh, and I was gonna they were trying to teach us. You know that they took one of us to go on the subway and all this kind of stuff, and so so I a lot. One time we did something that was very New York is that we we switched trains from one train to another train to the location. And I started figuring it out through the through the weekends. On the final day when the last thing we had to do was get to which I love to say with New Yorkers is LaGuardia. I love to say LaGuardia, and I'm always always going to say it that way. But I did something that Blake finally said, daddad Okay, So I had to say that, yes, I'm on the subway, and all of a sudden, I do this. Yeah, then we're gonna do its. Gonna take the A train, jump over to the one, get off at one hundred and eighty first, and then get uber and go to the Guardia. And he goes, Dad, please please please stop doing that, and and I was like, I'm digging this. I said, I said that, right, didn't I? And then of course his wife said, by the way, he did say that, right, that's exactly what we're doing. I said, I've been paying I said, so wait a minute. So we're on the A, we're gonna go to the A then jump over to the one and then that's gonna get us off at one hundred and eighty First Street. Get up, maybe get an uber and take us to the Guardia. I'm going to see get on delta. And he's like that, please sit quit telling everybody that, And I was like, there, I think they think I'm local. Stop doing that. They had that heavy out of here. What about those Yankees? I think and and everybody talks like that. Let me tell you what you can always get if you ever, if you ever want to, if you ever want to get New Yorkers though, going on sports, you just bring you, just bring up the Jets. You don't even have to follow them. You know they're not doing good. Oh what about those Jets? Huh? Tell me about it? What is that problem? And I'm sure you're loud. Oh yeah, I loved it. I said, I hate the Mets are not in town, dumb Mets, dB Mets. And it was great. I enjoyed it. Was it great for you? Yeah? I enjoyed it. Yeah, nobody else did. How about Sherry? Sherry tell me to stop? So so everybody told you to stuff, yes, which meant I did it more. I did it so much. Tell you one thing, don't take a cab, you're crazy. Get on the one. Take that over to the take that over to the A train. The train's not running today. You have to catch it down that one hundred fifty. First, you might want to try an uber. So it was great, good. Yeah. I was having a blast with it. And I kept ordering my food that way.
Speaker 4: That poor Blake, do you think when he left, he went, oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let me tell you what I'm thinking about for lunch. And Blake Blake takes his head and puts it down, thinking about a Ruben love, a good roub, the coming to a crouch, and the and the pistri and the rub and you're talking to them this way, the waiter and and and he just started looking at everybody at the table and they were like some man sitting next to him. He sounds like, we don't know who he is. It was available seat, he took it, you know what, And it's convinced, he sounds like, But I feel like Blake. I felt like Blake was managing me a little bit, like he was afraid we're going to embarrass him around the New Yorkers, Like like like I said, you know, if you sit out on the sub I wonder why he would think that. I kept saying, look, guys, let's just take a card. And they're like, Dad, we're not going to take a car. You were using the subway. Y'all can do the subway. And I said, I'm only going to do the subway if I get on the A And he said, Dad, please, and uh and and so I sat down. That's not a Boston accent. Well I sat down. One time. I sat down and he was like, Dad, move over, just use one seat. I'm like, what are you talking about. He said, you're sitting almost like two seats and people are there. Said about that. I said, well, there's nothing.
Speaker 2: For oh man spreading.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so he he stuff like that. I feel like he was I felt like there were things I was doing.
Speaker 4: He kept correct when you were in the world and you want to be a local, right, oh yeah, So he's trying to help you be are He even did this, Sherry, would you please order for that?
Speaker 1: Don't every time he orders. He dressed all like a New Yorker to the to the people. I think he's nuts. So tell me what's good here? How about those Yankees, right, Okay, that's so I tried all that. I loved it. I tried to couldn't stop.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So it's a part of being local is riding the subway. Did you take the A? The A train is a new one, it's I knew us train. Now you're not going to get the conditioner where you're standing outside, you know, and so I but you're loud to where everybody else hears you. And by the way, hey everybody, you can't get that many people in the elevator. Okay, oh yeah, the elevator was one more person trying to scoot in. Yeah. And one day it's a stroller. That's why they can't come. Is a Stroller's not a space? The man has a stroller and shure, He's like, you could have just said there was a stroller here. I said, I'm going all in on the on the New York time move their space work.
Speaker 3: That's not there's no space. He has a stroller and overloaded. Somebody get off and uh, people to get all Yeah, I went all in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I couldn't they. I loved every second and the fact that it was bothering my kids. What's better than that? Do you think that other locals bought it. Uh, one guy did, because he showed me all his photos. Okay on the subway. I paid a price for thee What do you what do you mean by that? Well, you know, I'm a photographer. I'm not a professional, but I take pictures. Hell, I'll show you some of them. I was like, God, Lord, I take your word for it. That's that right there. That's Saint Patrick's cat. Look at that picture there, and I'm like, that is nice. That is nice. You ask you? Did you ever forget that? There were a couple of times He's like, did you move here from Texas? I was, well, yeah, well yeah, I guess I'm picking up the accent right. It's still a lot of Texas in now. Got a lot of work to do. So wonderful weekend. All we got to do. I mean, all we gotta do is just fly home. That's it. That's it. Nothing not even that far direct flight. What could possibly go wrong? What could possibly go wrong? So we'll be back hang in there. So, my family did not like me going that much into immersing myself into New York. Even got into an argument with the Red Sox fan you're wearing that hat on the streets of New York. Are you you got that hat on right here in New York?
Speaker 4: And she's like, what you were engaging people up aound and she goes, you really embrace this local thing.
Speaker 1: And she said, please stop doing the New York CPR joke. Everybody's heard it. You've told it many times, y'all. Y'all know what New York CPR is.
Speaker 5: Rick.
Speaker 1: Please, everybody knows that joke. Get up before you die. But anyway, so, uh so, anyway.
Speaker 4: She goes, please you didn't listen to Blake, did you when he was saying that, please stop.
Speaker 1: Had a wonderful time. We immersed ourselves in their world. We had great food, we had great, great fellowship, great time. Got to see hang out at their place, their apartment, a couple of lot. Was great. You like their cat? Uh? You know Irvin uh per named Irvin Perlin, very interesting cat. Uh he is, he's got He wasn't crazy about company. Uh but but he didn't mistreat us. Did he go to hiding? I just think he was ready for us to go. Yeah. Yeah, and you know Sherry's allergic to cats. But how about this. Now they had zertech ready to go, and Priscilla had cleaned the apartment of dander from top to bottom. She's she keeps a very clean apartment. And Sherry never had allergic reaction. Oh good. And plus who knows, maybe this cat's typo allergenic. I don't know that those exists. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think the bald cats.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah. One of those about Irving Irvin Pearline is he's a he's a cool character. Irving. I like that. And Irvin Perlin.
Speaker 7: Yeap.
Speaker 2: Just three New Yorkers right here there we go, Yeah, get out of here. Do you see a play? Rick? I see, I see that.
Speaker 1: We went to see Uh. Do I remember the fifties icon Bobby Darren No dream Love?
Speaker 2: Oh dream Yeah?
Speaker 4: No, I remember that.
Speaker 5: This was a Oh he just showed up on social media because he was like a thousand years old and they're like propping him.
Speaker 1: Up with like, no, that's Frankie Valley, that's Frankie Valley. Bobby Darren died at thirty seven, had hard issues rheumatic fever as a kid.
Speaker 2: You nailed it. I had the other guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And so it was the Bobby Darren's story. We went to a matinee gonna hit the Mattenee have to take a gonna get on the probably need to get on the D train for that Bless the Heart, take the D train, jump over on the tool.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: But anyway, so we we went to the uh the play, and I'm always blown away. I really am at the incredible talent of Broadway plays. It really is incredible. And I'm not talking about just what's going on on the stage, the like queues, the visual stuff they do getting people on and off the stage. It's it's incredible, it really is. And so it was great, you know, good music.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: The band was fantastic, which you knew there would be, and so enjoyed that. Bobby, it was Bobby Dooley's Bobby there. Bobby Dooley's completely different story those His is off Broadway. But I think the story of Bobby Dooley one day we'll get too, barywe it's deserving of it, I'll tell you that. So, so we have this incredible but you know what's hanging over me the whole time, which I was told to stop thinking about it was the flight home. She was like, we're still be present with everybody. Okay, you know we're now in markets and going to museums and things like that. Loving my time together. But it's given me time to think about the flight's starting to starting. Yeah here, yeah, so we probably need to be going what he goes. You're bringing up our leaving time. So I'm thinking, you know, I got to get an uber And she's like and she's like, you, we got plenty of time. The traffic's not as bad. I said, well, you know on Friday, I mean, it was an hour to go six miles, right, but this is Sunday afternoon, early evening, won't have that kind of traffic and we're going out of the city. Would you like to pull up and see how long it will it take? Right now? I would twenty four minutes if we leave, if the uber picks us up, you know, at foursh we're good. We'll get there. Our flight was supposed to leave it at six fifty nine. I don't know why they do these weird times local time. Everything goes smooth, we pick up, we say goodbye, we hug, we pray where we go, get to the airport in plenty of time. Please tell me you said goodbye and your voice Hey enjoyed time? Will you guys, Hey, looking forward to coming back over Dad, you can stop right, and thank you Blake, thank you Cella, thank you Evin, lovey Cat. So you know what New York CPI is, don't you? Dad, Please don't do the joke. Joke. But anyway, so you know when he left, you win, thank god?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, here's the picture.
Speaker 5: Sherry posted this picture, and I think it's the conversation Blake had with his wife after y'all left.
Speaker 2: Look, I'm sorry he kept doing the voice. I'm sorry he kept doing the book.
Speaker 1: I kept telling him to stop, stop, he kept doing it.
Speaker 2: I couldn't help him.
Speaker 1: Enjoyed our time together. And Blake's a planner. He gets that. Honestly, he understands the subtle concept all of it. So he kept us on a great schedule. I was very pleased with the schedule. So so we we get there, needed more from the uber guy, not real talking. If we get there, you find that, uh huh. And so how about those jets hih So anyway, so we we get there and we have plenty of time, plenty, We get through security, fine, no issue. There, we go to our gate. We're supposed to board at six point thirty we're inside and at our gate it probably five oh wow, okay, five point fifteen. So we're gonna grab something to eat. We're eating the food at Laguadia, you know, at a food here, pretty good Atlaguardia. And you can let that go. Yeah it's Sherry says, we're doing New York guy, and and so we're eating delicious meal. And I look over on the board. Because the apple lie to you, the app trails behind. Know that about these airline apps. It's it's great technology, but it's behind. It'll it'll reassure you that you're okay. You better check that board. And I look over the board and where I had clearly seen on time for Birmingham direct flight from from New York, I look over and I see different color. And I get up from the table. Sherry said, we're doing. I said, I'm going to the board. Something's going on on the board. I go over there. Six fifty nine delayed now seven fourteen. And I came back and I said, well that's trouble. I said, we're done. We're done. She said, Rick, that's fifteen minutes. I said, baby, just to start, I love you so much. Look how beautiful you are right now. You're so cute, aren't you Just the cutest, most beautiful thing. What a good weekend? Huh? I enjoyed it, didn't you? Yes? I did. I said, well it's over. I said, now we enter into living hell. And she goes, it's going to be fun. I said, baby, I just know. I know these things. And I said, you went from New York Rick to Doomsday Rick. I said, Sherry, let me warn you about something, because I know it's going to happen. It's uncontrollable. I'm going to try to run the airline.
Speaker 6: You know that.
Speaker 1: She goes, I do know that. I said, I'm going to try to get this thing back on time. And she goes, you don't work for Delta, and and they're not going to give you that. I said, I can do it. I know I can get us home on time if they would just let me do it. And and she goes, they won't let you do it. She goes, are you going to go up to the desk now and ask them about it? I said, I have to. You know that. She goes, I know, honey, go ahead and do it. Get informed. So I walk I walk up. I said, okay, then you must not know this Rick Rick Southern Rig or Southern Rick, because I got to get to Birmingham. I'm going back to Southern Rig. I'm I'm doomsday. Got to get it. Three fifteen, Rick, Okay, okay? And I said, hey, look, don't don't play games. That's how you started. I said, I know this whole deal. Okay, been their seasoned traveler. Just tell me if I'm going home. And she goes, well, you know it's de late and got it. I said, but seven fourteen. That's not gonna happen, is it. Let me just shoot me straight. And she looked at me and she said no. I said, but it's not on the board yet. She goes, no, you're not. It's not going to be seven fourteen. Second question, is my plane that will take me to Birmingham? Is it in the air on the way to LaGuardia? I said, excuse me, on the way to La Guardia? And she said yes.
Speaker 4: Now you're talking a loud enough for everybody around, you know, Okay, okay, you're leaned in, laid a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and plus that could costume And I said, I'm sure Cherry said his long as I don't reber rowls, she'd like to see me. It's fine to get inside my system. And she said, I'll I'll stay here and guard our table and you can come back, because we weren't that far from there. And and she said, I'm gonna eat. If that's okay, you keep eating. I got to get to the bottom of this. And she said it's in the air. I said, so that means it's gonna it's going to land. Is you just don't think it's gonna get to the gate and we're gonna get on and off by seven fourteen? She goes, no, but are we going home? She said, I'm very confident you're going home. I said, you just don't know when. She says, I don't know when. Did she act like she cared it all?
Speaker 4: Yeah, she was very nice. Okay, that's good. It was also that's free.
Speaker 7: That helped.
Speaker 1: I think my straightforward approach helped. Let's just get to it, Okay, I have to know. I won't tell others. I won't say anything. I'll even let you get that seven fourteen up there a little if you want to before you doomsday. As with a seven eighteen, then the seven twenty six. In the world of this crew has timed out. We're missing a crew member this this person's getting off or waiting on that person to be replaced. I said, baby, it's chaos from here on that, and she this is doomsday Rick talking.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because you'll you'll worry who you're with. Yep, because you'll go worst case scenario horrible.
Speaker 1: I said, we're never going home. We might as never. I'll never be back, and she said, I hope they'll. I think the three can do the show without me, and I wish them the best. I'll never be because of everyteen minute delay you've gone to that. Yeah, but I've already been told that we ain't leaving them. Okay, So the plane finally gets that text to send us a text. Yeah, the plane's frustrating text. Yeah, the plane finally gets to the gate. Sherry reminds me that I don't have to announce that to everybody. Here's a plane, and I see it. There it is, And then I've become the person that's telling people.
Speaker 8: They got to get everybody off.
Speaker 1: Though everybody's got to get off, and then they got to clean the plane, and then that's for they even start putting us on. I mean, this is not it's I mean, it's here, but who knows when we're leaving. And then of course the person with the microphone to her mouth about to tell everybody that it's kind of like, well, he's covered it. So is she pulling on your pants?
Speaker 6: Down?
Speaker 1: Rick? Please sit down, Please sit down your teeth. You're doing that thing that you said you weren't going to do. I said, maybe that's just informative. Rick, that's not rebel rouser. I didn't call for us to take over the well like you didn't on the Bahamas trip. Yes, now that time, you're right. You know you nearly got arrested on them. Yes, I remember that. It's nothing like that. Please just try to relax. Okay, there's nothing you can do about it. Okay, I said, I got to go talk to the wheelchair people. She goes, do not do that, And I said, I said, the wheelchair people. They got to get dragged.
Speaker 2: Also, I don't know if they like the wheelchair peo people.
Speaker 1: Let me address the wheelchair people. First of all, where y'all come out of nowhere? Everybody's in a wheelchair now at the airport. There's not a flight anymore. That's there's not some wheelchairperson are five? Okay, so the wheelchair allowed to travel? They are, But I never I don't recall that's me people in wheelchair. We got a lot of people in wheelchairs.
Speaker 4: Now it's a lengthy walk around the airport cabs they how did they suck it up before?
Speaker 2: Before?
Speaker 1: All these red wheelchairs. They just can't walk a great distance. And these wheelchairs at the airport, they don't even like wheelchairs. It really looks like you're moving something, you know, like like you've got a box you gotta move. Yeah. Uh the type of cart, yeah, let's it doesn't look like a wheelchair. But then, so what are you even going to say to do them? Well, this is what I want to say. First of all, my heart bleeds for the wheelchair people. And you don't mean that's good for you to say that. Secondly, I understand we need to accommodate you perfectly get it. You got to start helping us a little bit. Let's have our act together. If you're the sponsor of the wheelchair person, are you kidding me? You don't have your ticket out ready to go? Search for it? Your first to load? Okay, they come to get you. If first of all, we're gonna start with people that need assistance. I look around. They don't have her in a wheelchair yet. I'm like, get her in a wheelchair. She should already be in a wheelchair waiting. And then I'm looking at some daughter or something. She's scrambling through a purse and the woman's like, do you have you got your boarding pass? How can you not have that ready? How can that not be ready? And every minute is killing us. Every we're gonna have somebody get kicked off this screw. You're the wheelchair. You know you're first. We none of us can get on until you're You're scaring people. Where's the person that does the wheelchair? We need assistance over here at Gate seventy? Can we get a wheelchair assistance? Where Hawaii? Was that person standing here ready? And why don't y'all have her in the chair? You don't know where your boarding pass is? Get it out? You should have that standing Mama should be in the wheelchair. Wheelchair person from the airport should be standing there ready to go. We're all delayed here. Not that my heart doesn't break, No, really, I has nothing to do with it. It could be better on the night, but that you've got kind of a responsibility to be ready. You're first. Okay, Hey, some of y'all claiming you served our country questionable, questionable, stolen valor. Hey, sir, they didn't you put down your boarding pass. I never saw you show that military ID. I'm watching everybody that loads before me. I'm watching, okay, because that I could change that process. This is what I say. What's your feet, Let's get everybody in the wheelchairs, Let's get the Let's get our staff behind the wheelchair people. Everybody got you bored and pass out? I would be doing this one of the other planes unloading, okay, because we know this is next as there and when they go to the we're now cleaning up the plane. Let's get the wheelchair people in line, injured people, uh, broken leg people, uh, stroller people. All of y'all get ready. You're first. Y'all are so crucial to this your first How can y'all not be ready? They seem surprised at their first? How many times has mama done this? So so we finally get on, we're still bogged down to getting into Now we have to get mama out of the wheelchair. This could work so much smoother. Uh. And so so then we get in and we're seated, and everybody's going by and and sure, he goes, are you okay now? I said no, no, honey, God, I love you. Do you think that we're done? She goes, what do you mean? I said, baby, you don't. Have you ever been on tarmac terror have you never heard of tarmac terrorless? And she goes, baby, I mean we're on the plane now. They got us about thirty five minutes late. But that's not that big a deal. I said, no, you're right. If we leave, baby, do not one more step to go? I said, until this thing lifts and we I start seeing the ground go down as we go up. It's not over. She goes, we're on the plane, okay, just are you'll whispering to each other. She's trying to because it's people are going by. I'm like, let's go and uh and the walking too slow? Oh yeah, I mean, and get in there, squeaky will. Hey, you know that wasn't gonna fit up in that up the rack up there. You knew that. How are you not ready? I don't understand why people weren't ready. I mean, get on here, get out and find somewhere to sit, put your thing and let's sit down. Let's get ready. Sherry goes, I guess we're we're on the plane. Now. She's texting family, we're on the plane. I said, don't text them, we're not you don't text to we're lifting, I said. When we start picking up speed down the runaway and they can say taking off is the Rick Burger's show. Said, I'm exhausted. That's a lot of work getting all those people home last night. So I got that done, got back, got the luggage, got in the car the middle of the night, got home. Didn't even realize till this morning when my clock went off at three point fifteen after I went to bed at eleven fifty. When my clock went off this morning, did not remember it?
Speaker 5: Did?
Speaker 1: I don't think I've told you this because you gave me a ride today, Speedy. I walk out with my fob for my truck and start pressing it and realize my truck's not here.
Speaker 2: You're hitting that. I loved. That wasn't planned, y'all doing that, this mone wasn't planned.
Speaker 1: Cherry and I met here at the studio Friday, and we were so tired and so done. I didn't even remember it. Now, keep in mind, my truck won't fit in the garage, so it's usually just sitting there in the driveway. I didn't even notice it wasn't there. Sherry didn't either, he was so tired. She even goes on Sherry little sleepy Shay even went, I'll put your key fob in here by your glasses. She didn't. She didn't remember that the truck wasn't there. And so all of a sudden, I walk out to the driveway to come to work and realize I got no ride, And I'm like, you know what, then even if I drive Sherry's car, now we'll have two cars up there. So I thought, wait a minute, Speedy artiby almost to the studio and only lived like ten minutes from studios, so Speedy can pick me up this one. Yeah.
Speaker 4: When I saw caller ID and it him, you know, I thought we did not get that reassuring text.
Speaker 1: It was just it was was doomsday.
Speaker 8: Rick.
Speaker 4: Text was like, I mean it's over Section Leader didn't even textas none of that.
Speaker 1: It was doomsday. Rick. Oh, I'm delayed. Won't this is it?
Speaker 4: You know, I'll live here now, and you know, you've been practicing on being in New Yorker anyway, I was just taking a over to the one. So when I saw the caller ID, I went, uh, oh, he's he's still in New York. He's about to call let me know how y'all got the show or I'm getting we're leaving now. I'll be there early halfway.
Speaker 1: Through the show. I didn't want to be a b up because I knew when I was in Doomsday, y'all were in bed, and I didn't want to keep texting. When I pulled up and I saw his truck, and I was even earlier than normal. I don't know why anyway, and I thought, well, Rick's here, And then I got thinking when I got in here, and I said, what man, that means he I knew you'd love you'd met Sherry here. From that means he has he's either not back or he's gone home and he's going to get the truck later. Yeah. But I figured if you I'm going to be back, we would have got a text from text Nation. My daughter is someone who actually does need help at the airports, and I wish Rick would take them over because it's the big Mama wop wops that don't have their act together and then have their we we get we get on the plane, just like Rick said. And that's the way all people should do it. And I wish Rick would take it over for for all of us who truly do need to get on first. It's it's these people that are questionable that bog it. The the ones to get the cards at walm Hunt well, ma'am, thank you and tell your daughter, uh, she is an inspiration. And I wish I wish they'd let me have it. I wish, well, I really do. I just wish they'd say, Rick, here is the airline, take it. Oh, it'd be a game changer. There's some things that going on to shouldn't go on. Everything, everything takes way too long. Become a consultant and mark yourself to their line.
Speaker 4: You know you can't you can't hear the audio and the cockpit of what's going on. But when they get these delayed your way, what I bet you the pilots and co pilots and that I bet you they get so frustrated because they.
Speaker 1: Want to go. They're the victims of a horrible system. Listen, I bet you the so now I gotta tell everybody, Cherry Marvels. Everybody's mad at me, and I really didn't do it. Cherry Marvels, y'all know this. I don't hear that great anymore. And Sherry Marvels that I don't miss anything of any conversation of anybody that works with airline. They said something about storms. She said, what do you mean? I said, see those two over there telling about storms? She was, how do you even hear that? I said, I can't explain it, but yeah, you have this power of here. If you'll pay attention, you hear things like well, I don't know. I mean, I hope she can get here in time. And you're like, oh and my, then my my radar goes ound. Yeah. No, I actually figured out one time. I told her, but I said, we're short one on the crew, but nobody pass it on. And then all of a sudden, Lastien and gentlemen, we're waiting on a crew member right now. Everybody looked at myself. I told you her, Marshall, Rick, I know what's going on. I don't miss I don't miss anything. Bearded man knows y'all listen to him, hey, watch watch and said, hey, we're so and so and so and so for for people in need assistance. They passing on the person that helps people with these sisters not here. I said that they're gonna have to wait on him or her. Let's get it together, man, I mean this first time we ever put people on the plane and get them off.
Speaker 2: Do it all the time.
Speaker 1: Let's do it better. It can be done better. I mean that we we're better than this. And uh, and so you know you're welcome. How about that? How about when you get home too, and you've been you've been so run down now you can't go to sleep? Oh yeah, you've ever been so tired you can't sleep? Well, what it was is, I knew that I don't like to I don't like to go to bed if I don't feel like i'm fresh. Yeah, but I couldn't put the time in the shower because that would take a sleep time away. But then I get in and I feel a little clammy. Yeah. Oh yeah, now that now that old plane. Everything beat down.
Speaker 5: They don't clean planes, y'all, they're there. I've heard something about planes. I wear a hoodie and flip up the hood because I don't want my head against that thing, y'all.
Speaker 2: I've heard horror stories.
Speaker 1: You've heard a showering, showering.
Speaker 5: I changed my clothes. I don't wear the same shoes. And I'm not a germ freak. But planes gross me out. Man, planes gross.
Speaker 1: They're not the cleanest things. No, they doubled up double gross me out. Planes grows me out. I had to bring it home.
Speaker 5: That home.
Speaker 2: So let's talk about.
Speaker 1: Let's come back and enjoy something that will thrill us. The generally has jumped a fountain. I love every second. The generally has jumped it downtown Kentucky fountain over the weekend. Let's have a look. Let's have a look. All right, So what what is this general lee thing doing? I don't know what what is this?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 1: The general jumps a downtown Kentucky fountain. Yes, Somerset, Kentucky. Yes, Somerset, Kentucky.
Speaker 4: And for the record, uh, it was not a sixty nine charger. Apparently it was a mocked up a m D sixty nine charger. Uh, Crown Victoria, I should say mocked up as a charger, but with charger panels or so?
Speaker 1: Do we count this? Do we count it just a car jumping? We're good with it, even though it's painted like the generally not really the generally. Yeah, for those of you cannot see, and some most of you probably have.
Speaker 4: You have people on rooftops. You've got is that Somerset, Kentucky?
Speaker 1: Yes, you remember Somerset. Do you remember? Bubba had a bunch of friends from there, and he'd always bring up Somerset, Kentucky, brought up all the time.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well that they have line the streets, I mean in front of story and everything. And they jumped the fountain and down in the square and this thing is flying and it comes through.
Speaker 1: It's got it.
Speaker 4: It's got you know, of course the ramps and all this and here it comes.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, it is it is. It is actually watch out, watch out, barricade. Yeah, and please look off in the district. There's people ever where they don't get that thing stup, I know, and they have. They had looked like they had some dive off of some soft walls there greg.
Speaker 4: That lined up that maybe helped keep keep him into where he didn't go into the side of a lot of room for error.
Speaker 1: No good jump was a good jump.
Speaker 4: So that was that was that that Viewers from up high this this view here coming up that he's please.
Speaker 2: Watch how how close this cameraman is from losing a leg at least?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what I was gonna say, a camera there's a cameraman down on a knee here, yeah, and here it comes and he's going to him, and this cameraman just barely gets.
Speaker 2: Out of What in the world is he doing.
Speaker 1: Digging?
Speaker 2: I think that guy's going he's he's checking on the driver. Here, you do it, Okay, you're right, and then he's gonna get.
Speaker 1: The running fulls. He doesn't look like it's almost like it's almost like Greg. This guy is he?
Speaker 4: They said he was part of the production team and again he was in charge of making sure he was safe.
Speaker 1: He hit back, man, I don't know what.
Speaker 2: He almost got destroyed.
Speaker 4: But hey, I don't know if y'all saw the impact. Should a guy with that much this thing hit hard? And I think that's what they were concerned about. With this much, that's a pretty important job. Should he be in blue jean shorts?
Speaker 1: No, you know, That's what I'm saying. Should he look a little more professional? Should should he be able to run better?
Speaker 5: To?
Speaker 4: I want to uh, I want to see the cameraman's footage that almost got killed.
Speaker 1: I want to see that he hung in a stair and didn't realize I mean, was coming. Right's a drone. Look at that drone.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's the Watch this impact right here. See how hard he hit and I think that's why they were a little concerned.
Speaker 2: And he almost drives into the wall.
Speaker 1: Yeah, look y'all, he's clearly lost.
Speaker 2: This camera guy, I don't know what he was thinking being I love.
Speaker 1: His commitment to get us the shot. It looks like there's cameras all over the car to we need those that footage. Now if you notice here, y'all.
Speaker 2: How quick y'all he almost lost a foot at least.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: When you look here, though, this is wise. The driver is actually using the wall to get this thing here is that was smart?
Speaker 2: And then looking palace.
Speaker 1: This guy running in shorts, I didn't know bones was my goodness, he was dick.
Speaker 2: You hired that guy?
Speaker 4: The amount of people in the background, I mean on the side, Yeah, that's one thing, But where he was going, did.
Speaker 8: You see all that?
Speaker 1: Let me I'll tell you what we're gonna do down here in Somerset. Yeah, I generally, and we're gonna jump the fountain. America is definitely back. Let me tell you this, we are so back, you guys. Larry Wayne is digging, picking them up and putting them down. I'm that's as fast. That's as fast as he could possibly run. I'm gonna tell you who's not digging. And I hope this the driver was not depending on him. Could you go back? Could you just build a no? No, this guy here, Uh, the guy that's on the other side.
Speaker 3: Of the wall.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's not not as much hustle. He's tired talking. And that's the reason why Larry Wayne beat him to get saving to sign a football exactly. I ain't seen him a Rednecks running that hard since Bama's against dropped the game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so fantastic. I want to hear from somebody.
Speaker 1: Were you that was there? They even put the stars and bars on top of that for a while they did, even though that's what the car looked like. It's as fantastic. And I thought first before I started reading it, where they filming a movie?
Speaker 6: You know what?
Speaker 4: What was that's a pretty big jump. But I was trying to do some research. Hopefully somebody that went.
Speaker 1: But that seem good on. Oh boy, he better had them out.
Speaker 4: Got life from the show in Somerset, Kentucky.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we need to know what this was about. Why did it happen.
Speaker 2: We're all for it.
Speaker 1: I mean, we're we're glad. We love it. The driver's okay, they said good ah, But man, he goes is that one of the greatest ever? When everybody gets talking about it, it's official. You know, it's awesome if you uncontrolled to go. Yeah, I want to do just watching I heard about Ohill, Yeah.
Speaker 3: The.
Speaker 1: America.
Speaker 2: This is a nice looking downtown too.
Speaker 1: I love it. I love those A little downtown was a little narrow down there. He could have got it. So I'm not sure if he if this is this guy's thing. If they do a lot of these stunts, and this guy Larry Wayne, that's digging if he does that all the time, and I don't know, or is it that guy that hangs around town that ain't right?
Speaker 2: Greg just been there forever.
Speaker 1: That's what he looks like. Yeah, he goes post office A lot goes by a nickname, but it's only one name. They don't have the last name. Oh no, yeah, Johnny. It's just like a nickname that they call him Squid or something. You know what I mean? Yeah, yeah, I tell who's gonna be here? Squid gonna be squids digging. I think that's who it was. I think he's like he is.
Speaker 2: He's running to the car guy.
Speaker 1: He's run to the car guy.
Speaker 2: It's what he does.
Speaker 1: I'm with you, Greg. I think he thinks he's more important to that driver than he actually. So on thatbody say Squid, there it is Squid.
Speaker 6: He's not.
Speaker 1: He's not.
Speaker 3: He's not.
Speaker 1: He's dressed like that Hadler.
Speaker 4: Somebody says, look up Northeast Ohio dukes on Facebook. They do a lot of stunt shows and dukes of hazard jumps all over the country and Squid's at everyone.
Speaker 1: I don't know, maybe this is the thing acting like they keep telling him not to come back, and he shows up.
Speaker 4: Do I do?
Speaker 1: I see complete with stars and bars on top, stars and bars. Had a rough run, but that was a glorious day for you know. I like I had to get to the window and then get thumbs up. There body, he's all right, he's that guy.
Speaker 7: That what he does.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Squids, that's good.
Speaker 2: We'll be back.
Speaker 1: You know, I saw this story speed that you laid out today and I got to say, I think they had it coming. I think they had this coming. Here's the headline, Horrified tourist watch as bison boils to death and Yellowstone hot Spring like a couple of the first thing I thought of, I wonder if there was a moment in there where it actually kind of smelled good, I mean, meat boiling. Uh at some point point, probably a pretty good aroma. I don't know that you're sticking around that. I mean he's lived there's not a moose, it's a bison. It's lived there his whole life. He didn't know where that was. They know stuff. But I think they had this coming. They've been really treating us bad.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 1: They don't lot their picture taking a lot away from a lot of goring, a lot of throwing at throwing children in the air. Yeah, I'm kind of glad we took one out. We didn't really do it, but I'm kind of glad nature did. This was kind of a dumb one. So right, Yeah, the gene pool, Yeah, oh man, I would I would like I would say, you thinking about it, you know, when you got something in the in there cooking, thinking about hitting aroma for just sa, no, great, think about it. I mean, buffalo meat. He's got a lot of meat on you. Ever I've had buffalo Meat's pretty good. But you think that shoulder didn't start smelling good? Difference just man, that that heat working through the fur and all that. Probably. Yeah, I don't think I'm around with no, no, no, I agree. I think there's no doubt it was unpleasant to begin with. But if you could have done it, I think there was a moment in there when the meat was just right. Probably not a bad smell, but you have to go through.
Speaker 2: Yeah, six hours in listen, six hours in, huh, six hours in?
Speaker 1: It was grand prismatic.
Speaker 2: Have you all been there?
Speaker 1: This is a very famous hot spring and you haven't been there. It's the largest one. And have you been there? Yes?
Speaker 2: And obviously yes you walk in and so there it is right here, y'all.
Speaker 5: There it is just in the hot puddle Yellowstones, one of one of the big attractions of yellow suns brand prismatic.
Speaker 1: What is he like, you said, Greg, I mean, he's dead. It doesn't it doesn't even sneak up on you.
Speaker 2: He just wandered into the scalding prismatic spring and died.
Speaker 1: He probably had something wrong with him. Yeah, wasting disease. Nature takes care of things. You can't blame. You can't blame. How quick did that happen?
Speaker 2: You know, it happens quick.
Speaker 1: It's some hot at some points, at some point there. You know, we'll be blamed for this somehow, human beings. I don't know how. Yeah, yeah, yeah, wait.
Speaker 4: It took away his land something, so he didn't have anywhere to go. That's what they're sure.
Speaker 1: Sure, and there's always something you really you're surprises. Doesn't happen more?
Speaker 6: I know?
Speaker 1: Well, I think we go back to Greg's point. I think it doesn't happen more because animals are usually pretty good about knowing their environment and their surroundings, and you don't see them put them themselves in this situation very much. He didn't have good instincts. He wasn't right. Something's wrong with him. Maybe, yeh.
Speaker 2: Look this is there's like a big boardwalk where you can walk in amongst.
Speaker 1: I don't walk on that boardwalk. That's too close.
Speaker 5: I've been on this trail where this picture was taken from, and I've been on that boardwalk and it is big and it is is beautiful, but it is hot.
Speaker 1: It's ranger than the hollow about about about.
Speaker 2: One hundred and sixty degrees, not as big as the Hollywood Bowl.
Speaker 1: Actually, that's good. Think about how weird this is. It's going on here.
Speaker 2: It is crazy.
Speaker 1: I wonder if I could leave my dad through that. Ooh, but be a challenge, you know, we have these stories and people get off the trail. I know, I know, everybody's got to be dumb. To me, this looks a little little treacherous for us to be drawing people to it. That's true. Come here and look around, which would isolated from the rest of the world. Yeah, it looks a little treacherous. Is it scary? When you're there, it's it's just odd.
Speaker 5: And everywhere you look just looks like you're like at Willy Wonka's chocolate factory and there's steam coming out of this, and there's this coming out of there, bubbling out of there, and you walk past something and it's like a mud that's boiling in there. Like, by the way, that mud is two hundred degrees use me, Okay, well.
Speaker 1: That's what I meantion it. That's what I mean. I mean error is like zero.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a it's a wild place, and you've kind of just like, I'm glad I'm here to check it out, and I hope I get out of here before this whole thing blows Megavolcano.
Speaker 1: Style, you know, pre van pre van.
Speaker 5: This was This was one of the van because I did two rental van trips to make sure I wanted to really be part of the van life.
Speaker 1: And I do remember he did that weird one where he was the only one in the van and everybody else met him there. Yeah, picked it up, met him.
Speaker 5: I had to get because I wanted a four by four because I wanted to do some trails. Uh and like a man, like a man, So I had to fly into Denver Drive to what was done?
Speaker 6: That was that? Actually?
Speaker 1: That trip? It's great.
Speaker 2: Did uh Grand Grand Teton as well? Did the Grand Teton?
Speaker 1: You like they never left that? Yeah, I'm not.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to you know what it means one.
Speaker 1: More now, you don't have to tell you I'm not going to wagh into that when I'm already and one on the hand job, Well, I'm in in Calhoun County. You wouldn't say that, Yeah, they would. They would put the other.
Speaker 4: Word in Oh, so are you like if if you're on that little boardwalk there, so if you step one step and you fall off, your gone.
Speaker 2: Don't step off the boardwalk.
Speaker 1: I mean there's no buffer.
Speaker 6: This is no.
Speaker 1: You can't take that kind of pressure.
Speaker 4: I mean that's you got got about a thousand at that place.
Speaker 1: How about whoever put it in there, if they were like, I don't know if it's far enough, let's just try all I can think about. Of course Cherry would be sure, he would be afraid of this, or she'd probably okay. But you know that happened. By the way, went to the museum in New York this past weekend. She got corrected again, got cold against rules. Miss. This has been the whole Miss Senora. I mean I've heard it all of the world. If she does not see these lines that they say don't cross, she's always she she'll go right across them. You know, she'll get too close to a picture, touch a picture.
Speaker 6: Miss.
Speaker 2: Is she supposed to be standing so close to this picture?
Speaker 1: Rick, See you look how close to the line she is? Good gracious right by the way, that was that was really incredible that people can do some of the things have done Now there's some things that people oh and I over that. I go, yeah, that's that. I think I could do that, right, But now something like that, what are you doing? Look at this right there?
Speaker 2: What are you doing?
Speaker 1: Look at that right there in the country mouse, I'm standing next to the John Deere country with a big city look Philip, Philly, count of You know, I wanted to kind of have some camaraderie there with a fellow worker. What's pou doing? He's a farmer. What do you mean was he doing? He's an overalls he's going to somebody took a picture of that put on the wall. Well, somebody painted it, Greg. They painted it based on real paint. They're what I'll do, I'll paint a guy I'm standing on a tractor rude. Uh oh, that means I'm not trying to be rude.
Speaker 2: But why is it? Why is everybody in the pictures?
Speaker 1: It's not a lot of diversity in everybody's black in these. For somebody that was once a liberal, you see color a lot. I don't care, but I'm just wondering what kind of people. It's a display inside the museum. It's not the only thing in the museum. East floor has a different display. This was an artist that is very well known. By the way, I can't think of her name right off the top of my head. She did the she did how do I google it? A presidential portrait by the way. Okay, she did Obama's portrait the first and she did Obama she did the first. Lady, I can appreciate that. Yes, that are they get innywhere it looks like monkeys?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Down at a canvas.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 1: And I would go, look at how you use these colors here?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: It's uh, what you mean how you use It's like but y'all don't understand, like there's more there than just a John Deere tractor and a man in his overalls. There's something I like that stuff that the way he's standing says I. I've overcome setbacks. Now I didn't see the one on the left, but I did see the one on the right.
Speaker 8: It was.
Speaker 1: It's the Obamas. And the artist's name is something the closest shedur.
Speaker 2: If I remember, it was not Ammy Sherld.
Speaker 1: Okay, see how close I was. You got the s close and that was that was on our list.
Speaker 2: That was Therefore, what was the name of the museum.
Speaker 1: He went to the witty Whitley Whitney. That's not bad credits. All right, let's say that was a ten point question.
Speaker 2: How much credit I get if it's in a word bank? You got it?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, that was That was pretty coloch. I'm really fancy painting Rick getting none of them. They weren't many of those. I see. I appreciated how to tail and all this, and the colors. I'm really big on the colors. Fancy ones of them standing on the car. Yeah, yeah, yeah, there you go.
Speaker 2: Oh I was in there nice and then yeah, there you go.
Speaker 1: That's a good time. Make fun of that.
Speaker 2: Great one to begin with his family.
Speaker 1: We'll come back, we'll go out, we'll go unscreen phone calls with you America. Plenty to talk about right after this unscreened phone calls. This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 8: Go ahead, Hey, Rick, I just have wondered I have liberal friends, and I get all of my news from you guys. I need to find another source because when I say, oh I heard it from Rick and bubb or oh I heard.
Speaker 1: It from the Rick Burgess Show, to go oh look, so.
Speaker 8: I need to find where do y'all get your news. Where do you How do I come back and say, well, this is why.
Speaker 7: This is this way, because this is where I heard.
Speaker 1: It from, you know what I'm saying, and kind of a hodgepod speedy you kind of do most of that? Nadler, Where do y'all get most of it?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 4: Well, X has a lot of the video that we play that backs up some of the written stories that we have, you know, but you have to verify at Foxnews, dailymail dot com, Yahoo. I know some of those sounds like liberal outlets, but we basically a lot of times, at least when I'm printing, I try to put the stories up against each other before I print them, you know, to see who who has the best written story? Is it the same pool story or is it legit? And then go off of what we've seen over the weekend or the day prior to see if that matches the story. There's a lot that goes into it, but sadly you have to really double.
Speaker 1: Check everything you want so much. Yeah, and Jenny, you don't have to apologize from getting your information from us. Yeah, just get new friends.
Speaker 2: And uh I use X a bunch for my news too.
Speaker 3: Uh oh yeah, because that's run by one by somebody who's in Trump Administration's all a bunch of lives.
Speaker 5: Tubes, right, and so you gotta be careful who you because there is a lot of fake news, frankly on x as well, but there's a lot of legitimate news. And I'll have people that I like and follow and know and trust, and then I add them to my daily news check list and I can just swipe from you know, following to comedy to m m A to you know, the algorithm that they that they show you, or check my daily news check But I also like to see what everybody is saying. I literally listen to NPR in my car to see what they are saying. I want to see what the other side is saying, how they're reporting things. And I'm always disappointed. I'm every single time I listen to NPR. I am so shocked by how much propaganda it is. But I always check in to see what the other side is doing, and I try to get all opinions and form my own.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a good well, And Jenn, if you want to have fun, tell on Blaze TV. Oh yeah, that's a good follow on that. Yeah, that is another story.
Speaker 5: Talker, Land Bag, Shapiro, everybody Joe during Barder Show.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, Welcome to the show. Unscreen phone calls, go ahead.
Speaker 8: Hi, I'm calling from Hunstl, Alabama, and I just had a comment about the ACDC concert. Yes, okay. I think it has a lot to do with looking at it like on YouTube or something, because I am I'm sixty three years old. I have been going to concerts since I was a teenager in high school, Okay, and I went. I went to the one that was in Nashville this couple months ago, about two months ago. That was absolutely the best countor I have ever been. They yes, they're older, but they performed. It was oh night.
Speaker 1: You know, I think you're right there because I think and we know this because people do it about us. I've noticed that on all your social media platforms. Like I've said it, it's kind of created bastion for cowards, and I think people sometimes just like to be negative. I mean it's like they don't want to comment on anything unless it's going to be negatives, and they want to be the one to say that everything's crap, everything's embarrassing, that's horrible, that was terrible. So you're right, you can't really take anyone's opinion on something online. And you're right. Sometimes if you watch something on YouTube and it's not coming through the mix, and maybe it's kind of distorting because it's too loud, you don't really get the full somebody's phone and they're recording. Well, thanks for that. That was that was that was helpful. We continue. Hello. Rick Birders Show on screen phone calls, go ahead. Hey, this is Bernie the Kid to Want A couple of weeks ago. Hey, brod you spent that money?
Speaker 3: What up?
Speaker 1: No, I haven't spent it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but it came in.
Speaker 1: Don't spend it on one place. Oh look at that there you are, We see you right now. Yeah, that's all the picture of you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, look at there.
Speaker 1: Greg's going to get coffee out of that bird just balls shirt.
Speaker 6: I just like like it.
Speaker 1: Proud of you son. Yeah, that's good.
Speaker 4: No, Greg didn't think you should spend that's good.
Speaker 1: We continue. Rick Birders Show on screen phone calls, Go ahead, he's fired up. Nick Curves, Yeah that I couldn't understand it. Go ahead. Rick Birders Show on screen phone calls, Go ahead.
Speaker 7: Yes, sir, I was at Somerset, Kentucky. I was with the crowd with the crew all like this and have a museum I want to see, if you know, on an interview with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Squid, I was there. I was.
Speaker 7: I had I've got great footage of.
Speaker 1: It too, chasing the car when he stopped.
Speaker 7: I worked with Antarious Event Duke and John Schnyder.
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, that's cool. That was It was an awesome crowd. That was a great job.
Speaker 7: Did you have five thousand?
Speaker 1: Did you have blue five thousand? Do you have blue jeans? Shorts?
Speaker 5: On? No?
Speaker 7: I was shorts. Okay, I had a bunch of day shorts.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I see a lot of those. Watch out man. I cannot believe that he's a thirty five thousands almost.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was awesome.
Speaker 7: It was awfully friends. I'm good friends with a stunt man, Raymond conn Man. He's a great guy, the guy that done the jump. I've got his jump car that he set the record with at two hundred and seventeen feet sitting in front of my business.
Speaker 1: How about good night? All right man, we thank you appreciate that line. Like a big day. You were there a few more things to cover, so Blarry quest was was huge. I mean, everywhere you go, people will now say I was there, I saw, I heard, I was art of Larry Quest, I missed work over it. I changed my vacation for it. I for some reason decided that maybe it's time for me to start Instagram. Now. I set notifications that I'd never set before. But then it's almost like it was this huge moment in time, and I haven't really heard much.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 1: I think Larry and Carolyn took a break on Friday. Here we are almost to the end of another full show today. We did talk to him after you left Friday? Oh really didn't. Did y'all have him on the SHA after I left Friday? Yeah? Recalled you.
Speaker 2: I thought we talked to him with you here.
Speaker 1: No, did y'all put him on the air? I don't remember it all? Yeah, yeah, I kind of remember it all. Yeah, I was late. Yeah, it's a blur. We do a lot. But yeah, been a lot of By the way, I forgot that I left y'all here within an hour, left side, we all forgot everything. You left your truck here, sure, right, Yeah, been a lot of Larry in my life.
Speaker 4: First of all, we sent over a signed eight by ten of the staff uh, And he sent me a photo of it framed in a gold frame, sitting in their kitchen, almost like a big old.
Speaker 1: Yep, like a big old that's the normal one looking good at me.
Speaker 4: That's that's that's a better like a bitch ol Addler And he also we had been texting a little bit, and he said, Hey, just want to let you know I got a challenge coin from the submarine school in Connecticut in the mail we called them three weeks ago. Please tell Rick and Adler left Greg out.
Speaker 1: Wow, So I don't want to hear about the mail. Well, I mean, I think he knows who cares FaceTime him this weekend. I just couldn't get to it. Wait a minute, whoa, whoa, whoa, let's don't let's don't run past that. Yeah, this weekend, Larry asked you to FaceTime him. First of all, anybody Facebook, but anybody asking you to FaceTime anybody a direct message? Buddy? Yeah? Yeah? That okay, so wasn't it? But is he using this right FaceTime?
Speaker 4: I don't know if it's talk about Facebook or FaceTime. He wants you to FaceTime him on your self. Yeah, I can't talk about what I don't know maybe it's that submarine.
Speaker 1: No, I doubt it. Greg. Maybe it's not that I couldn't get to a week. Like I said, we had the grandkids, so I didn't have a lot of downtime to get on the face jam.
Speaker 4: I also want to thank Kolia Police Department. They sent him a page so he sted up.
Speaker 1: So I care how often has he contacted you since Thursday? Since Thursday, let me go on the way home.
Speaker 4: One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten.
Speaker 1: Eleven three, we have heard from it. Okay, I stand down, Yeah, let me. I'm just going back to Yeah, I'm going back. You know, you never know when somebody sometimes they seem to really want something and then you move the him into the spotlight and you say, in your time you are on right. And then and then and then you step into that world like I said a minute ago, where you know, the bastion of Coylewards when for some people, for some reason, people just get a jolly out of being on social media and and ripping everything to shreds no matter what it is. And you know, you get out there and you go, okay, people are meeting that I've ever seen them as far as it comes to saying things and uh, and you know, I just wondered. You know, sometimes it's like, wow, we were of course, I've never known Larry to be a person who desires to be private. I mean he lets people stop by his house. He doesn't know boy, yeah yeah. He he does news stories. He calls radio stations and leaves the messages that he promotes his collected. Maybe he's a little more savvy than somebody else would be that can get a little spooked.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh yeah, I mean we we had a great time together. I also emailed you over Adler. Uh you know him and Carolyn. You know they they love each other, let me tell you.
Speaker 1: And and he sent a picture there, you know.
Speaker 4: Then we talked about when you left. Minute we talked about the fact that Greg didn't like convertibles.
Speaker 1: He doesn't like either.
Speaker 4: I'm with you, and I brought up you remember that Mustang, Remember that must take in convertible way back And he said, this is Carolyn when she was younger, standing next to her convertible, that Carolyn, and she said, He said, hotest fires.
Speaker 5: Highest fire, Carolyn hanging by the Mustang, putting out the vibes.
Speaker 1: Mama's hey, Mama's got her blue jeans, Joe, Yeah, Mercy, Carlyn's got a blue jean.
Speaker 2: Hey, that car is not the only thing that's got something painted on, if you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: None of us were going there. None of us were going there painted on jeans. I don't know, No, I know what. You just don't need to say, has been active in the chat room? Whatever that means. Okay, Speedy, what year was your mustang? I got a look at it. Let me tell you he was, buddy boys, speedy, Let me tell you that the trading value on that y?
Speaker 2: What color was it?
Speaker 6: Black?
Speaker 4: Tan?
Speaker 3: Top?
Speaker 1: Nice?
Speaker 2: With the tan talk nice?
Speaker 1: You don't like? I don't think would eat trouble?
Speaker 2: Here comes trouble right here.
Speaker 6: There it is, of course, I remember with the tan to Yeah, that's for a more classy somebody right here from right.
Speaker 1: Here, somebody angry, jilted, somebody somebody somebody angry. No, I don't know. I call him though a knife, Say what you need to be thinking before the cars can't talk? What are you talking about?
Speaker 2: Well, that's just best a knife or was it a high heel stabbing through it?
Speaker 1: Oh? No, I did have a bat? Had what a bat? Messed up? My car front front right quarter panel. She beat the hell out of it speedy. I got the heck out of it. I'm so deliberate. Way back, somebody, somebody, somebody cut the cut the canvas and beat it with a bat. And you're asking me what I'm talking about. Say, well, that wasn't my fault. I think something else was going on. I was wrongly accused of some.
Speaker 2: I was great, Hey, wow, you sell that for around eighteen k Now it's in good shase.
Speaker 1: That thing was nice. Telling who you trade that to? Where'd you send them ghosts?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 4: I think I traded in for that that blue Bronco that we turned into a little bit of a station van.
Speaker 1: Nice. When I went and hunted Raindom, he had rainbow equipment around. Oh I did that too, That's when you had to have it. It was a Bronco. Yeah, I think I did trade that in for a Bronco.
Speaker 4: But uh, boy, I tell you i'd put the top down and Tyler, Tyler, we're getting this car seat in the back, put his shades on, all right.
Speaker 1: You don't think we'd get it.
Speaker 2: A red light.
Speaker 1: It's almost like it was an eyeball. Smile people because it was almost like you know, you put a little boy back there. It almost redeems it. Yeah, its final years, it was redeemed. That's good.
Speaker 4: It was a family car then yeah, yeah, a little bit right, But anyway.
Speaker 1: They didn't know what to do as a family car, but it did tried well.
Speaker 4: Anyway, back to Larry and them, So they're doing well and they're still getting patches in and they appreciate.
Speaker 1: All the love and uh so there there there that is well, cams are ripped.
Speaker 4: Again, heye, good night. Oh yeah, sure, but it would it would leak and I put some duct tape on there.
Speaker 1: Sure. Basically let go over there. It be worth a lot of money, do what. Yeah, that car she's still had. Damn that cars. Now, like I know, I know a little bit about vintage vehicles. You don't know anything about it.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 1: The only person who's lesson you as me, well, but at least I know more than you. But Greg, that's like saying you won the Special Olympics and the hundred fifty seven fifty five.
Speaker 4: Oh the difference, Yeah, I usually I used to love that thing. Boy, it would with that five point zh that thing would I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: So you're breaking the law.
Speaker 4: Now I'm just saying it'd go.
Speaker 1: That is you getting ready the Mustang convertible. You having to get rid of it was kind of like Adler having to get rid of his motorcycle.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah, but mine was a guy looking thing, you know.
Speaker 2: I remember my family.
Speaker 5: My family got an expedition with a four point six leader V eight in it, and that's for a full size expedition suv. And so I always wanted that five point oh Mustang because then you put that big old engine in that small car and buddy, you can go.
Speaker 1: You really can't.
Speaker 2: So that's cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that that's a good time.
Speaker 2: The old school five point ers were so cool too.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I want to test Gregg's memory because you know how he never forgets anything.
Speaker 1: Well except things that he needs to remember, I know, which is crazy. Can you tell me the cars you've owned in order? I owned many? Oh wow, I owned or owned a drove the first thing. The first thing I owned, I bought a Toyota, the four ward drive pickup truck. What's the first thing you drove? The first thing I drove was the column or the station wagon. M probably the station wagon, and then the three on the column in the Broncho and the and the Chevy truck. Right then the Chevy truck was pretty much it. After that, it's looking good yep. And then at kyle A. Since I've been married Lisa, she her dad was a car salesman, so she she won't keep oh wow, yeah okay. And I had a Jimmy GMC Jimmy at a poults Are remember the Nissan pults are. Yeh had a grand Dam. I had a good Night tersail or something. Let me go back. I had two cameras. Let me go back, two four runners on the Toyota run. Listen, let me go back to his first Toyota four by four. He started working for the Power company, and he was like the first one of us that had like a real job, and like he like went and got a real, like a legit vehicle. We didn't all know what to do because we never really thought it was possible to have a jip vehicle. Great, yeap, you had to have some vehicle that somebody was getting rid of. I know it was Brandy because it was it was stripped. I didn't have a lot of of the fancy stuff, but I remember I was just marveling at it. We couldn't believe. Oh yeah, yeah, Greg, Greg was like, you know, we knew he was going places the real job.
Speaker 2: Hey Greg, what year was your Nissan Pulsar?
Speaker 1: It was in the late eighties. Nice?
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, it was kind of a Dolorean look to it.
Speaker 1: I went on my honeymoon in it, and you really Yeah, it was a little crowded. Yeah, I bet Lisa's card.
Speaker 2: You need a van.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. So here is the NBA. We don't care about the NBA, but Adler says, we'll care about this because it's interesting. And I did find it interesting. You right, you ran it by us? Okay.
Speaker 5: So there is a player that plays for Detroit. His name Detroit Pistons guard Leak Beasley. The US District Attorney's Office is investigating Detroit Piston's guarden Malik Beasley, on allegations of gambling related to NBA games and prop bets.
Speaker 1: Interesting.
Speaker 2: This is a he's an NBA free agent right now.
Speaker 5: Uh and now people with this investigation underway, people are sending in clips of of suspect instances.
Speaker 1: Made him think this might be happening. Uh?
Speaker 2: What tipped them?
Speaker 8: Off.
Speaker 5: Initially, I don't know I should know more about this, but all the gameplay itself is the is what is so shocking to me.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: This is in the fourth quarter against the Pacers.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: It's a kind of close game. I guess this was when he was playing for the Bucks.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say that I don't see a Detroit logo.
Speaker 5: And here he is, garden up top here and this Pacers player, oh my, just blows right past him.
Speaker 1: Know what, No he's not, no, no, but it doesn't matter. Wait a minute, alright, that's just one effort.
Speaker 2: That's just one.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: This is when Maleik was wide open.
Speaker 5: The Pistons are down three, game six of the playoffs versus the Knicks, and this happens.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: He he drops a pass. He's down here, and he's gonna be down right here, right here, right, y'all. That's I don't know about that, y'all.
Speaker 1: That's gonna be hard. People miss passes. He was. They were down by three.
Speaker 2: He has an opportunity to shoot a wide open three, and he bobbles it. It goes out.
Speaker 1: They lose. I want to just shoot it and not ring it. If he's gonna do that, you know.
Speaker 2: We could not ring it. That's that's one not ring it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it does hurt that there was three seconds left when he when he caught it. Yes, that does hurt a little here or when he was supposed to catch it.
Speaker 1: Here's here's another example.
Speaker 2: This one may be the worst. This one may be the worst.
Speaker 5: The spread is over eight point point five. That means if the spread becomes nine points, everything change. With five seconds left, he cuts the spread from nine to seven by going court to court and it's like, why did you try so hard hard to cut the spread?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 5: This, there's five seconds left in the fourth, they're down, and look he runs court to court and everybody's like, why are you even.
Speaker 2: Trying like this?
Speaker 1: And he goes in for the last seconds.
Speaker 2: Everybody's like, what was that?
Speaker 1: Why do that that?
Speaker 5: You change the spread that people make bets on all kinds, like, well they win by this month?
Speaker 2: Will they win by this much?
Speaker 5: He had money, James, Yes, the game is over and he goes court to court to change.
Speaker 1: Nobody knows why he's doing. They don't even guard him right.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 5: Nobody regards him because they're like, he's not gonna dribbled out drib Yes, that may be the most incriminating one.
Speaker 2: So that is interesting to me.
Speaker 5: Uh and Pete Rose is watching from heaven, watching to see how this plays out.
Speaker 1: Beyonce left dangling mid air. Did you see Did you see this? Dude's just scary technacal mishoup. So, I don't know. I don't see it on the list there. Did you have the audio those speeds? Yeah, I can, I can pull it up here. Speaking speaking of convertibles.
Speaker 2: So where the audience she's hanging?
Speaker 1: Where is she?
Speaker 2: They're just they're just putting the car down in the crowd because she's stuck in the car. Tell me this is the first time seeing this.
Speaker 4: So Beyonce had a major mishap at her homecoming show in Houston. It was Saturday night. She was in a convertible car that gets raised and transported around the stadium on cables. The car began tilting and she quickly stopped the song. Later, she thanked the audience, of course, but she was dangling almost upside down at an angle kind of to be she she was like, hey, this isn't part of the show. She got stuck dangling above the audience, and so she just said hey, let's stop.
Speaker 1: I've got a problem.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 4: And I got the clip of her saying, let's stop out of my channel here. If it gets us in trouble, you can put it down, Adler while she's performing it.
Speaker 2: Oh, bring down, bring her down. She stot the concert.
Speaker 7: This is not normal.
Speaker 1: No, it's not. And did you do that one?
Speaker 2: She stuck?
Speaker 1: She stuck. You know, honestly, if she just sit in the middle of the car, I think it'd be fun.
Speaker 2: Did she wait?
Speaker 1: Did she did she do? Did she do?
Speaker 4: It?
Speaker 2: Is the question?
Speaker 1: M hmmmm. Well, she has done this a lot, a lot of junk in that trunk.
Speaker 2: Car joke, car joke.
Speaker 1: I mean that's so glittery outfit there. That's a Yeah. You just wonder how that happened.
Speaker 4: Uh, if she got to So you're saying, maybe she got too far on one side and she was the reason until that so much.
Speaker 2: Junk on one side.
Speaker 4: So she's sitting on the back of it like she's in a parade. Yeah, she's sitting on the back waving to everybody.
Speaker 1: And I don't know if that's her fault. She looks pretty centered to me. To me, she's sliding the way it's she thinks I guess she. It looked like the car would have gotten down okay, but but you can't take.
Speaker 2: Chances pressure with that much junk in that trunk, you know, in the trunk of the car.
Speaker 1: Thank you handler at Rick Burgess Show dot com. It's just a car Jokerndler risshow dot com. Thanks for being with us. This is the Rick Burgish Show. Hey America, Rick here from the Rick Burgess Show. Hey, short week. We got Fourth of July coming up Friday, so we got a lot to cram in and only a few days. So catch us tomorrow for a brand new edition of The Rick Burgess Show. You just heard the Daily Best of the Rick Burgess Show. Catch the entire show wherever you get podcasts, or watch us live and archived on YouTube. And subscribers can watch the Daily Best of the Rick Burgess Show on Blaze TV.