Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: I'm watching the highlights of Tony's home run last night. Then he hit another one. Here's your daughter on TV cheering. Oh, she's holding a sign. I hate my dad. Boy, she is holding another sign. My dad stinks, and so do the Mets. So do the Mets.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: Hey, it's Cavino and rich In for the Great Dan Patrick. Day two of the Dan Patrick Patrick which means we'll be here tomorrow and we'll be here next Tuesday. So lucky you. Well, do you know why we're gonna be here next Tuesday? And by the way, we're live in the Mercedes Benz Studios DP.
Speaker 3: Does it right?
Speaker 2: Next week, Dan's on Monday, We're gonna be fieling on Tuesday because they're headed to the NFL Draft as a show. They'll be doing the show NFL Draft Style Wednesday and Thursday, I believe. So with that said, we're gonna talk about some NFL quarterback moves and some speculation and some room coming up in a few minutes. Plus what type of vacation person are you? A lot a lot of fun in randomness, But here's where we start today. My daughter goes to the Dodgers game last night with her little girlfriends, her little galpals, my daughter seven, and one of the moms is like, we're taking the girls because it's Hello Kitty night, and I was like, yeah, you could bring my daughter.
Speaker 3: Thank you for the invite.
Speaker 2: My daughter comes home last night with a Hello Kitty Dodgers stuffy, a Dodger's hat and a little helmet and she's like, Dad, I think I like the Dodgers, but I mean a roof for the Mets if they play each other. And I'm like, oh, she's just saying that because she doesn't want to crush me. There's a lot going on here, man, because first and first mostly, as we say here on the show, is the fun that she had. Okay, so let's be real about it. Let's go Dodgers, man. They just rubbing it into Dad's face. Dad's a lifelong Mets guy. And again, these are your roots and you got to be proud of them. We're out here alone in Los Angeles, but.
Speaker 4: What he do.
Speaker 2: So here's the thing. My daughter has never been to City Field, and this summer when we go visit New York family, I'm gonna take her for the first time we live in La am I doing her a disservice by being like, no, we're much fair. There's so many ways to look at it. I'm the dad of teenage daughter. She doesn't give a Diddley squad about baseball. Meanwhile, her dad's like obsessed with baseball and the Yankees. Right, so you do your best to influence your kids. However, I bond over music and other things with my daughter.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: I think you have a duty as a parent, not just as a dad, as a parent to say the right things and to do your part. But then they're gonna make their own choices anyway, and you learn that as time goes on, and about everything like political views, ways of life, any sort of thing that you think, you feel it's your job. It could be as simple as, hey, they notice stay safe and put on their seat belt, but it's your job as your dad, as a dad, or as a parent to remind them, hey, put your seatbelt on. I know that, I know, but I'm just doing my job. It's kind of your job to be like, remember we root for the Mets if they make their own decisions, and she becomes a Dodgers fan, you know, that's that's fine. They're gonna make their own decisions, but you still have to do your part. That's my point.
Speaker 3: You also have to.
Speaker 2: About Yeah, I guess she's no, we're Dodgers fans, and you'd say, what a smile because you're not going to force her to think what you think. But you got to remind her we're Dodgers fan. I mean, we're Mets fans. See, now you're you're confused with me. So your calls, your feedback phones are all lit, every single line. So when your kid chooses a different team, let's go rapid fire, or as we like to say, throw it back to the.
Speaker 3: Nineties, cross fire. We get caught up. You never had that's all.
Speaker 2: I never had it, but I'm very well aware of it. That means you got to be snappy. Let's go through all the phone calls me seven seven ninety nine on Fox Pennsylvania. Mio, what's going on?
Speaker 5: Hey, thank you? First time? Long time.
Speaker 6: I love the Cowboys. I grew up Cowboys fan.
Speaker 5: I bak I hate everything Philadelphia sports. Oh yeah.
Speaker 7: My son has been influenced by his cousins and his cousin's family.
Speaker 5: And now came up to me and says dad, I love the Eagles.
Speaker 2: Come on, yeah, you know I love and hate that story all once. Yeah, but you also have to teach again, try again, your part, right. You can't control of your kid and you want them to be free thinkers and be proud of their choices, but you have to teach them, or at least try to teach and preach to them that no, we don't fall into peer pressure. You know, have a backbone. This is who we are and that's just what we do. You gotta just do your part, like you said, heartbreak, Like you said, there's times in life where you you do lose control of your kids. And the example we gave was how many times does a kid come back from college and all of a sudden they were like a liberal hippie and their parents like what happened all that time? Yeah, our parents felt the same way about us. Dave in Colorado, what's up, Dave?
Speaker 3: Hey, Dave, what's up?
Speaker 6: Guys, Thanks for taking the.
Speaker 2: Call, No problem, thank you.
Speaker 6: Yoh man. I got a I guess a quick admission. I'm a I grew up in Detroit, so we attended all all like old school Pistons games and Tigers games when you could find tickets on the ground walk right in. So by default I was kind of a detroite sports fan. But I've been in Colorado twenty I don't know, over twenty years now, and my rear end kicked in at an Avalanche game wearing some some red Wings gear when I'm just more of a hockey and a sports fan.
Speaker 3: So I don't know.
Speaker 6: I agree with you guys about your concepts of snowplow parenting. You want to have your kids go through the diversity, but man, I don't know if I want them field And that's just from wearing like an out of town jersey, you know, yeah, you know what.
Speaker 2: The one sport I guess I would say I'm most passionate about as far as that's that's my old school team is it is baseball. I'm a kid from Long Island. I love the Mets, right, So can't they give dad that, you know what I'm saying, like if they want to root for the Lakers or hey, fine, I.
Speaker 3: Was gonna say.
Speaker 2: I'll even myself. I was never a big Knicks fan. I can't call myself a Laker, Sam, But I've been out here over a decade. I like Lakers Kings. I'm a big hockey basketball guy. My diehard alliances are NFL and Major League Baseball. So not all traditions have to die rich. Yeah, you know, like she carries your last name because you're her dad. Yeah, you know what, I'll give you this one. And she carries the Mets losing tradition because you're her dad. How do you feel about this, Danny g You and I and Cove. You know, we've all come up in the radio ranks, and you know, we all have these friends that have moved around the country for radio or TV gigs, Like, hey, you are friend Nico, he's a new morning guy in Phoenix. Or hey, you remember Dana who used to work on the show. She's the new news anchor at Philadelphia. How do you feel about when media personnel these adopt the city they live in for a long time. He's not real sports like our buddy Nico is from Detroit, but he's a fickle But he's the morning guy in Phoenix. Now there's a way to handle that respectfully.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I like Cardinals.
Speaker 2: You can do your job and and and show some cardinal pride, but you got to represent it.
Speaker 9: Would be really hard to just bold face lie to your new listeners, especially with the ink I have on my body. You know, how would I suddenly be a fan of their team?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're you're You're an extreme example. But I see my buddy Nico, who I know, grew up in Detroit, lived in New York for like twenty years. He's a big time morning guy in Phoenix, and I see him like on social media like yo.
Speaker 3: Yo, Sons.
Speaker 2: He's you know, Sons fired their coach, you know, go Sons. I'm like, Sons, Okay, if he really meant that, he's just a people pleaser, and I know he's not. He's our pal, so I think he's just doing his job and he's doing the right thing in that moment.
Speaker 3: But you could be. You could be a heel and just as popular.
Speaker 2: It's true. I mean even our former president didn't Obama wear like a white Sox jersey, your hat or something that Wrigley. He never like denied his fandom, but he did it respectfully. Like there's ways to do it, you know, to be such a bandwagon person. I mean Giuliani before the hair dyed dripping down his face, when he when when the world loved him before. You know, things were weird because it just was a Yankees and where you're from, it's not that serious. And I respected that. He was very diehard Yankees. All right, Johnna Florida rapid fire. What's up?
Speaker 5: John A Fellas, what's good? Good morning? Like the New Time slot. Listen.
Speaker 3: You know me, I'm a.
Speaker 5: Big New England Boston fan of all the sports. And uh, I got three boys. So I thought the Celtics in the in the Pats on them hockey and baseball and let them figure it out. But the Celtics and Pats big time.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: I think that's the rule. I think we've come to some weird hybrid conclusion that if your kids are growing up in a different city than you are, you could pick. You could be like, hey, kids, I get it, we live in Dallas now. I grew up here. But there's one team this our family is. We're Mets fan.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: Maybe I tell my kids, hey, we're Mets fans football, basketball, hockey. Do you think make your decision?
Speaker 3: Kids?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but dad's holding strong. Yeah we are Mets again. Because that's your part. They're gonna make their own minds up anyway, unfortunately. So yeah, I think that's it. I want them to think about me when I'm an old guy, when you know, when I'm in my nineties and up and I croak and the Mets finally when the World Series the year after I die, I want them to think of me. Ron in South Dakota, what's up?
Speaker 3: Ron?
Speaker 4: Hey?
Speaker 7: This one My situation is very easy. I was born and raised in Chicago. My son was born in Chicago, but we left there for the Twin Cities before he was two years old. Yet he's a Cubs fan due to me. But I give them the right to be a Twins fan also since he's in the Twin Cities. And it's easy because Cubs, this National League, Twins is americanly. Now, if there was in the Sane League, same division or anything, we might have to go to court and get some papers to solve something on this, you know. But with the girl it's different too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what's interesting. Let me add one more rub Coving and then we'll take the last couple. I see my son playing t ball. I coach his team, and when they get up to bed, I'll say things to them like all right, come on, you know, get those you know, get those hands back, you know, drive through the ball, just like and I think in my head I have to use Dodgers. I come on, who you, Mookie, Betsy, you Freddy Freeman. Yo, all right, you're o Tani. Let's see that stroke. You're not saying polar bear p I'm not saying polar bear peak because all the little bulls Televamp, yeah, who is Soto? My my son and his little friends on his t ball team, they're not telling him come on, just like Timmy Tuffell used to do. Come on, just like Len use those hips, use those hips, just like the tough on shuffles. Darryl Strawberry swing man does get better than that. But uh, you know, at some point, I don't want my kid to feel like the weirdo when everyone else is like, go Dodgers, and he's like, yeah, guys, I like them. It was that campaign we grew up with. There to be different, all right, There to be It's not that big of a deal if he's a Mets fan, you know, and you can say, hey, it's not that big of a deal. On the flip side, I get it because it is. It's fun, it's sports. But It's okay that he's the one kid that roots for the Dodgers. They're the Mets. See now you get me confused right here in Los Angeles.
Speaker 1: That's why Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 2: Hey, Steve Covino and I'm Rich David and together we're Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio. You could catch us weekdays from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and of course the iHeartRadio app. Why should you listen to Covino and Rich. We talk about everything life, sports, relationships, what's going on in the world. We have a lot of fun talking about the stories behind the stories in the world of sports and pop culture, stories that well other shows don't seem to have the time to discuss. And the fact that we've been friends for the last twenty years and still work together. I mean that says something, right, So check us out. We like to get you involved too, take your phone calls, chop it up, as they say. I'd say the most interactive show on Fox Sports Radio maybe the.
Speaker 3: Most interactive show on planetar.
Speaker 2: Be sure to check out Covino and Rich live on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific. And if you miss any of the live show, just search Covino and Rich wherever you get your podcasts, and of course on social media that's Covino and Rich. Pleasure to be here. Everything at Covino and Rich on social media. We're Covino and Rich in real life. And this hour is brought to you by ty iraq dot com, the official tire expert and retailer of the Dan Patrick Show. Go to tyraq dot com slash Dan, try the Tire Decision Guide and see the full line of Goodyear tires special offers, free road hazard protection and mobile tire installation. Tire rack dot com The Way Tire Buying should be again live from Mercedes Benz Studios. I'm Covino, that is Rich, Danny g Super producing eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox if you want to get involved, and Iowa Samuel is on the Xylophones doing a great job breaking a sweat yea with his waynewirl A Wainsworld had on Yeah what's excellent? What's up? Karth So, Iowa? Sam Swing, thanks here, Thank you for being here with us. We appreciate you. Remember to check our podcast. We're on Monday through Friday, five to seven on the East normally, but always a pleasure to be in here for DP. Now we'll get wag surprises as well. Just stick around for that playing trivia later on. But we gotta took a little NFL football. Oh yeah, the big draft, the not the one last night. Congrats by the way to Page Beckers, your number one pick. She'd playing for the Dallas What do you know, the w v A team in Dallas, the Wings. There you go. I was like Dallas, Danny g loves wings. Oh it's not like wings, Like it's not like uh chicken wings. Cody Bouner, not so much.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly. Honey barbecue is the best.
Speaker 2: What's what's your favorite lemon pepper? You like the Asian zing Cavino?
Speaker 3: I do?
Speaker 2: I absolutely do? Why who doesn't? So yeah, let's talk about it. Congratulate Pagebackers, But that's not the draft. We're talking about next Thursday, the NFL Draft, A big night. What used to be a bunch of old white dudes in a conference room with tan and brown phones.
Speaker 3: Who you picking?
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm not telling you what you ever seen? The from what is it?
Speaker 3: Uh? Marine? Why am I drawing a blank? I losing my mind? From Marino to l Way? Oh?
Speaker 2: No, from Lway to Marino. That thirty for thirty about that draft, the one where John Elway is like, yo, Colts, have you picked me up? Go play for the Yankees? That draft and that documentary that thirty for thirty remind you that if you grew up in the eighties, in our lifetime, it was a bunch of guys smoking cigarettes in a conference room with nineteen eighties wooden walls. Yeah, it wasn't this big spectacle that we know today. It wasn't one hundred thousand people in the streets of a city celebrating their team's pick. An ocean of people in Detroit. That's my visual now with all these special graphics and everything.
Speaker 3: No, is that at all? Is that fair to say?
Speaker 2: Danny g and Sam? You know, we're all around the same age. Sam's younger. But in our lifetime what's evolved the most might be the draft or WWE events. You know, think of like a WrestleMania. Just think of how old school and in late seventies eighties wrestling cities until the wholeco Mania was running wild and Machull Mean and the Andre the Giant, and before that it was a bunch of just guys that would grapple, no theme music, no fireworks. So you're right, WWE, it'd be like some Harry guy with a single it, you know, Georgian animals, Steele eating a turnbuckle and Bruno San Martino barely speaking English in some local city. Now, my god, look how massive this event is. So yeah, look at a wrestling event from nineteen eighty something compared to now. The only thing that might be scaled up more is the NFL Draft.
Speaker 3: It really is.
Speaker 2: And by the way, you mentioned something that's so understated, the fact that Elway took a stand and was penciled in into the Yankees lineup, already playing right field in the same lineup with Don Maddingly if he didn't get drafted, imagine I think a lot of people forget about that, and it is brought up in that documentary. Imagine John Halway as a baseball player as a Yankee, so weird, or Tom Brady on the expos But anyway, my point is the NFL Draft has come maybe the longest way other than WWE wrestling. I can't think of something that has evolved so much in our lifetime. Maybe UFC where it went from. One of your buddies might be like, yo, do you like extreme fighting? And now UFC. Early UFC was you know, one of the Gracie brothers. Yeah, now fighting a sumo dude. Now the President's coming down the aisle, right, Yeah, I mean it's evolution, baby, So I would say WWE wrestling, UFC and the NFL Draft what has evolved the most in our lifetime? And hey, next week Green Bay gonna be hosting, you know, a spectacle. Every team has special guests come in to make their picks. Yeah, it's an event now, it wasn't you know, as much of an event back then. Roger Goodell gonna be booed. But then everyone's going to do their best, bro hug hold up their jersey. Now here's the big question. What's gonna happen between now and next Thursday? Because I want to play detective. When your dad would watch Colombo, my dad would watch Colomboy. One more thing, Peter Fowk with his lazy eye and a cigar to love this. It's a love that show. I've known you for twenty years. Never heard you talk about Columbo once. You don't know my love of Peter Falk once. In fact, I've known him longer.
Speaker 3: Than that we met each other.
Speaker 2: And I've heard you talk about Kojak more than i've heard you talk about Colombo. We've known each other since our early twenties. I've known you twenty years. How do you not know of my love of Peter Falk? You're more of a Frank Dreben kind of guy. His narration of Princess Bride's fantastic never first time he had to have Google right before we got into this discussion. I guarantee you he googled with Colombo. This is totally made.
Speaker 3: I remember an episode.
Speaker 2: Every Rich Davis reference under the Moon, first time I've ever heard him bring it up. I remember there was an episode who killed Missus Colombo and he faked his wife's death? I please, I'm a Colombo, super fair, right, I'll take your word from I'm gonna play Colombo right now, sure, and we're gonna try to figure out what's happening between now and next Thursday, and we stopped. I won't do a Peter Falk the whole time, I promise, well, not with Shadell Sanders between now and next Thursday.
Speaker 9: They announced yesterday that this is like that book that Lebron read. Allegedly Lebron only reads page one of books. Right, is that the thing I seen Colombo?
Speaker 2: So between now and next thursday, Chadoor Sanders. Yesterday they announced that he's doing a private workout with the Giants. Now, you got to ask yourself why because that was the rumor from the beginning. And where there's smoke, there's fire. Like one thing I I can't say I hate but aggravates me about sports talk radio or just people in general. Are the I told you so people? I told you. I'm the one that told you.
Speaker 3: I've been telling you.
Speaker 2: I've been telling you for months forever. Go back to the tape. I was telling you. I'm the one I invented it. I said it, but I hate those people I said it here on the show. There were so many rumors and look look on TV right now they're talking about it. Stir Sanders, the Giants. There was a lot of substance there, and people are like, well, how do you know, Like, well, where there's smoke, there's fire, there's a lot of interest. There's no secret there. And I said, I know personally of someone in the camp that's telling me it's on, like John Pappalbond eating Flawn with Bishop Don, Magic Juan with Michelle Kwan, with Michelle Kwan watching The Wrath of Khan. So you don't know anybody who told you you're barber And that's what Rich said. And I'm like, look, I know, but I got Scoops. Who do you know, the guy the salad chop down the box talking to you, Scoops Callahan, the guy twenty four fitness. Now I'm never the guy to say I know for a fact. And I'm like, dude, I know, because it was already a rumor. But I'm like, no, look, I know that they're still interested. They're still interested even though they got Russell Wilson. Now they're still interested and they're still in the market for Sanders and I you know, listen, because that's when the conversation changed. Well, man, they got Russell Wilson, and I guess they're out on the market for that. Like, no, no, no, Hank tight, I think.
Speaker 3: They're still in.
Speaker 2: It just proves that Ah was right. And again, where there's smoke, there's fire. Yeah, Cavino has very few sources. Very I mean, I'm a fan Canos Cavino's we're fans. We're not like Colin cow Heard who's talking to GMS in his spare time. But Cavino, I'll back them up. I can't say who it is, but Covino knows someone that would actually have like an odd insight, yes, and on the meetings and confirmed and confirmed that yeah, no, it's still on. There's no guarantees, but it's still on. So I said to you the Fox Sports Radio Nation, Look, I know it's not official or anything, but it's still on. It's not over. They're still they're not out of the should Sanders market. So when we talk about the NFL Draft next Thursday, let's let's play a fun round of Colombo of Detective about Sherlock Holmes. It's too old school. Columbo's too old school. They play a stabler. What are you gonna do? Some Law and Order played detective.
Speaker 9: And you're right, we do need a new detective reference.
Speaker 2: Even Colombo is way dating almost like a seventies eighties Yes, you know, give me someone current. It's like when it's like when someone reference is a good looking person, they're like, all right, Brad Pitt.
Speaker 3: Brad Pitt's like sixty.
Speaker 2: I mean he's still good looking. I mean he's still handsome, but he's still more ripped than most.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 2: So what's gonna happen between now and next Thursday? You tell me what you think, because here's what I think is gonna go down. I think, somehow, some way, in an attempt to buy themselves some longevity in New York, GM and coach are thinking Sanders becomes a project. Russ is your quarterback. He see here's where I'm sort of said, what that Tommy DeVito, Tommy Cutlets will be out of the picture. No, but I think Jameis Winston now finds himself like what is he the second string? But yet you know Sanders is in the wings. So if the Giants somehow have this meeting on Thursday, this will run through hang with Shador Sanders on Thursday, and they come to the conclusion of it's good for the team, it's good for the city. They like his vibe, they like his what he brings to the table. Then you got to ask yourself, Jameis Winston, Russell Wilson, you have a quarterback room that's filling, Tommy DeVito, your local muzadel, your local Italian flair. Tommy cutlets to me, your quarterback room is already filled. Unless you think Shadoor Sanders is the type that's cool to sit for a year or so. I mean, I know the Russ deals short, yeah, but maybe you don't want to throw a guy like him out there to fail out to the Wolves. There's high expectations here, so maybe it's in his best interest to get some playing time, but to get acclimated at the same time maybe who he is and the expectations. So again, he's not starting. We know that, but to not have this meeting would be counterproductive for the Giants. You gotta have this meeting, you gotta have this workout. You got to keep that door open. And again, none of the other answers are solid answers, so it would be a year. Max. I don't think Russell Wilson's the answer.
Speaker 3: He's not.
Speaker 2: He's a temporary fix. Winston's not the answer. Tommy Cutlet's not the answer, So there's total room for Shador Sanders to grow up and be that guy, at least by next year.
Speaker 9: The reason why a lot of people are raising their eyebrows to this Covinos, because it is a week in a couple of days until the draft, and usually you've already done your your private workouts, your interviews. He's already had his pro day, so this and who was it? It was Pete First who was on with our early morning show, and he said this reeks of quarterback panic to him because Joe, Shane and company want to save their jobs panic or due diligence. Well, but due diligence was weeks ago. This is now. Can we save our job if we catch Jaden Daniels in a bottle type quarterback play for the next upcoming season?
Speaker 2: You know, you know what it's like. Hold on, Rich, you always give this analogy, So I gotta give because you're gonna forget. Russell Wilson is the temporary answer here, but he's not the one. You're not married to Russell Wilson, right, So in a sense, don't you feel like the Giants are simply just going to the one first, Like, hey, we don't want you to be the one that got away, And they're going to Shudor Sanders before we get in bed and sort of marry Russell Wilson for the next few years. Like we want to make sure you're not interested. So you're saying, Russ's who you'd sleep with. In the meantime, yes, Russ is the girl you'll sleep with because you know you're you know you're not going to marry her, but they're going to the one we want to. Hey, you're the one we want to marry, so we want to talk to you first and let you know that, Hey, you're the one. This guy is just you know, he's just there. You getting out of You're getting it out of your system with us, absolutely, you know, because all right, who do the Giants want to marry?
Speaker 3: Who's the one?
Speaker 2: Well, to back up Danny G's point of that about also saving your job and buying time, Shane and Dabole, which sounds like a law firm, are are trying to figure out how can we extend our stay as GM and coach of the Giants. And again, if you get a little lightning in a bottle and some good vibes with Shador Sanders, then you might attach yourself to a little more time in charge. We saw this last year before Joe Douglass got fired for the Jets. We're like, go after DeVante Adams, shoot your shot, take your hail, Mary, because you're gonna get You're likely gonna lose your job, so you might as well go out trying. And remember when they went after DeVante Adams and like, let's just go for it. They're going for it, and I think it's it's very similar to a relationship. Let's say you have a buddy who's just marrying someone they're not really that in love with. Wouldn't you advise your buddy You're like, hey, that girl you always like, though, why don't you just throw it out there before you walk down the aisle? Throw it out there. I've told you, I've told friends in a terribly like almost bad friends way. Bro, hof are you I'd go hang out with the other girl just to see, just to see. Listen, Shador Sanders. He has plenty of upswing. I mean, it's the giants. Aside from that, though, he's got a starting gig in a year.
Speaker 3: Be aggressive, be.
Speaker 2: Assertive right now around the room, all four of us will shouldor Sanders be drafted by the New York Giants in nine days, Danny j.
Speaker 3: I say, in the end they actually trade down. So no, No.
Speaker 2: I was sam is Shador Sanders a giant. No Covino, I'm gonna say yes based on my insight, source and knowledge of their true interest, and that's why they're taking this meeting because he is the one. You wouldn't go out, Like I said, if your source is the same person that did investigating in Billy Madison, as I say, miss Lippy's car is green, Oh thank you, sad Burns, Billy Billy likes milk.
Speaker 3: That's who. That's who does Covino is investigating.
Speaker 2: So you're saying yes, I'm saying it's a really sexy story and it sounds fun. But I'm gonna say no based on the fact that the quarterback room right now is so full. It's almost like, you know, I all a bunch of people that aren't the one, but it's like I would love to but uh, you know, we got Ross and Jamis Winston and Tommy kullit's making some gabba gool in the corner. He's making some man. I got to me the room is two fall. But Kamina saying like, well, you make room for the hot shack in the room. You know you can't if the club is full, and this hawt girls in line, you find the way to get some dudes out of the club to get those girls in. And you're saying, Shador Sanders might be that hot girl for the Giants, so you think they're just doing it for what? All right, so let's shift gears now other NFL quarterback stuff before the draft.
Speaker 3: Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 2: He has to commit or not to the Steelers in the next nine days, right, because right now they have Kyle Rudolph and that's it. Are the Vikings out? Here's the interesting part. You think the Vikings are out. But if the Vikings are out, I think we'd have a clear answer already on the Steelers.
Speaker 3: Here's my thought the Vikings.
Speaker 2: According to Adam Schefter, the Vikings really like Drake May. Last year, everyone thinks the Vikings were good. J. J. McCarthy, Yeah, they like him, and clearly they like him, but he wasn't their first choice. And this according to Schefter, So what if there was this thought of well, McCarthy's coming off the end. He's a young man, Aaron Rodgers. That team's more ready to win than of course the Steelers. According to a lot of people, are.
Speaker 3: You ready to win?
Speaker 2: And I say that respectfully. Man, I got no hatred towards Aaron Rodgers, but when I hear anyone talk about him, I'm like, you really think this guy's the answer to anything?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, the rumors are.
Speaker 9: That's why the Vikings have been dragging their feet is because the pitch from Rogers, according to reports, was that, hey, let's get this. I have one season to give you where we can go far deep into the playoffs, make a run, and I will mentor McCarthy he can sit behind me that one season.
Speaker 2: So as that's great and all, but you're forgetting one major factor, the distraction and expectation that comes with this.
Speaker 4: Dude.
Speaker 2: Remember my favorite show in the eighties, Columba and by the way, hold on again. No, no, to tie it into relationships, there's things you put up with when she's really hot. Guess what, Aaron Rodgers not that hot anymore. You want to put up with all the ancillary nonsense. So in the eighties, you know, as you've known me for twenty years, I love Colombo so much. So let's let's play detective. I never heard you talking about Columbo. Let's play detective one more time and get that last step of cobra.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's rude. It's part of the morning field some people. Some people think it's rude when you slurp the last sip of your drink. I don't go ahead, go for it. I do it for a fact. Hey, we're live, it's morning.
Speaker 3: Just hit your cough button.
Speaker 2: No, dude, let's let's hear your disgusting slurp. Nah No, I don't want to ruin anyone's breakfast. So let's play detective. If Minnesota was a hundo percento sold on JJ McCarthy, and there's no chance of anyone else, why is quarterback two Brett Rippin just sort of standing by. They've given no effort to go after a true solid veteran backup or someone to mentor or someone to be with JJ McCarthy, because they're leaving that window slightly open. You watch, I'll know this is true that if the minute Aaron Rodgers signs with the Steelers, you see the Vikings go out and get a veteran for all you know you bring back Kirk Cousins for a year. I'm saying there's you're gonna see the Vikings make a move if he signs with the Steelers, and that'll prove that they were holding out some type of hope or possibility. He has to make a decision soon, man, Yeah, I mean it's it would be rude if he doesn't, right, So how will the dominoes fall?
Speaker 4: Here?
Speaker 2: Is basically what it comes down to, the quarterback situation. Your thoughts on Sanders, we gave you ours. Aaron Rodgers, Man, I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up just not even playing, dude, I would not be surprised. Hold on, wait a minute. Oh you got breaking news. Not breaking news, but our buddy Matt in Minnesota. Yeah, who has as many inside sources as you do. I mean he said that I have a little. But he's a he's a diehard ticket holder, he's.
Speaker 3: A big Vikings. Yeah.
Speaker 2: He said there's a lot of local rumors in the Minnesota market that the Vikings are putting out the idea of a trade for Justin Herbert.
Speaker 3: Oh that was weeks ago.
Speaker 2: On He's saying Vikings podcast sending McCarthy to play with Harbaugh, you know, his old coach at Michigan. But there's there's a lot of that local banter in Minnesota as to like, maybe they're trying to pull a little McCarthy and some picks for Herbert.
Speaker 9: He would get roasted, Harbaugh would if he traded Herbert away from the.
Speaker 2: Chargers to get his boy that he won a national chip with.
Speaker 3: It doesn't matter, man. Herbert is held in such high regard.
Speaker 2: But you know what, Herbert, what do you have like eighteen interceptions one game in the playoffs.
Speaker 3: I'm not I'm not arguing with you on that, but can you imagine I'm.
Speaker 2: With you, dany G one hundred percent. I'm like Herbert, get out of here. He's not going anywhere. But then again, I never thought Luca would be a Laker. You never know, so never know.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it wouldn't that kind of be shocking though to move, of course, I mean absolutely considered, you know, easily a top ten quarterback.
Speaker 3: In the league that pooped the bet in the playoffs last year.
Speaker 9: But you don't know what you have in McCarthy for the NFL. You don't know if that's gonna translate to the NFL is play in college.
Speaker 2: I know, but hey, it's fun to speculate, right, Hey, nine days to the NFL Draft. We'll get to more NFL. We got some NBA play in action going on today and a fun story about Rory McElroy that we'll get to next. I can't say, yeah, I know, but you almost got it that time, Rory McLeroy. McLeroy, you have to the apartment.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of we got more.
Speaker 2: Covene on Rich next in for Dan Patrick.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show week days at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio WAP.
Speaker 2: All right, welcome back to the show. Cnr in for Dan Patrick. Day two of the Dan Patrick Hatrick, which means we'll be here tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Tomorrow.
Speaker 2: You're reaping all the benefits, so excited to be here. We'll be here next Tuesday as well. And for Dan Patrick. I'm Steve Cavino. That is Rich Davis, Danny g Super producing. He's on the phones at eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox getting contestants for Shack Diesel Trivia. We do it every Tuesday. We give away prizes do some trivia. Sometimes Patrick Mahome stops by, but today I saw Whack Diesel in the hallway getting some coffee, so he'll be here in a second. I wos see him on the ones in TUESDA. And that's Dicky doodle Davis.
Speaker 3: What's up right?
Speaker 2: I hate when you call me that, but Dicky doodle Davis. Anyway, I'm looking at the games for tonight. NBA playing games and one of them will spark your interest. The other would be a game you wouldn't watch if they paid you. Let me guess Grizzlies Warriors sparks your interest. Well, yeah, obviously, hawk's magic you don't care about unless someone pulled the hawk out of a hat and that was the matriic they had, Hey, Rich I pulled out of my ass, Then that's the that's the magic that i'd watch. But other than that Hawks magic, I think no funks. But I'm going to be glued to that Grizzlies Warriors game because listen, they could both make it. Obviously, the loser then plays the winner of the nine to ten, so they could both make it, and I think they both will make it. But I think for purposes of who wants to avoid. OK see, yeah, exactly. I think Houston should be worried if Golden State is the seven that faces them as a two seats. So that's at seven o'clock West Coast time, that's the late game tonight, So Grizzlies Warriors. I give that a thumbs up of Hawks and Magic. Yeah, I'd rather watch Love Is Blind or something.
Speaker 3: Oh, you got to at least have that one on in the background, show them some love.
Speaker 2: I'd rather watch that balloon popping show that I hear sucks.
Speaker 3: I rather, you know what that is?
Speaker 9: What's all?
Speaker 3: What's about that I've seen?
Speaker 2: I don't know, But if that's the premise, I'm out.
Speaker 4: I'm not.
Speaker 2: I'm not expecting greatness from that show regardless. What's about that's? What's about that?
Speaker 3: You know what it is?
Speaker 2: It's say it's it was a as We're get ready to play our game. It was a viral game on social media that they took to Netflix, and every clip I saw on social media was funny. I watched the first episode of the show and it's stunk. The whole point is all these women have like a red balloon. A dude walks in and the minute they're like turned off by this guy. They popped the balloon. Yeah, remember they did that. They spoofed it with Charles Barkley.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So you know, some guy you know, walks in automatically two girls like pop pop and like I just walked in, Like I don't like your shirt. So it's so dumb. But this is a better game. Shot Diesel Trivia.
Speaker 3: Let's go.
Speaker 1: Whenever we say not to name drop, that means we're about to name drop.
Speaker 3: I'll drop.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 1: Not only our CNR friends with Tyson and Mahomes hey man, they're also buddies with a big Aristontas.
Speaker 8: Shot aka Shatfou aka shot Daddy.
Speaker 3: He's the big Aristotle. Guess what it's got some.
Speaker 1: Probably time for some basketball trivia basketball trivia.
Speaker 3: What he said?
Speaker 2: Here's the break Back Boys now breaking records for episode Radio.
Speaker 1: Shack d so basketball Trivia.
Speaker 9: All right, f SR Security walking our broke shack food into the main studio.
Speaker 8: Here, what's up? You guys are a big time now you guys. Hey, you guys are doing a real show, Dan Patrick show. Thanks for getting up. Hey, who's this guy over here? Who's this guy that's big Mike, who runs? I that was Rick from Pawn Stars. I thought that was Stone Sha.
Speaker 9: What was up with you at UFC with those dirty looks to that fighter?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 8: I like that guy. I don't like you either. It's too early for this. And by the way, I heard your daughter likes the Dodgers. Yeah, she's got good taste. That's why I like the Dodgers too. All right, let's meet the contestants. Ten time winner Rich Davis right over, that's right, four time winner Spotty Boy, and Big Number five Feeling. The leader in the clubhouse is thirteen time winner Dan Byer, but he's gonna be on for us this afternoon. I just want to make clear there's there's nothing big about five, nothing big about number five.
Speaker 9: So with dB on the air this afternoon, that means sitting in for him is big.
Speaker 4: Mike. Hey, I made poor substitute.
Speaker 9: Mike's like the substitute. We're gonna go to the studio lines to see who's videos. Who is gonna play for a C and our stainless steel Swiggy.
Speaker 3: All right, Mike, I will use you for this.
Speaker 9: Would you love to travel to beautiful Indianapolis, Indiana? Saint Louis, Missouri, Orlando, Florida, Detroit Lakes, Minnesota, or Tampa Bay, Florida.
Speaker 10: Ooh uh yeah, so my brother lives in Tampa back, so let's go with Tampa. And it's always nice to have Florida man.
Speaker 4: On the show.
Speaker 3: That's some fun times in Tampa. That is that is Wes in Tampa.
Speaker 6: What up?
Speaker 3: Wes? Hey, Wes, Hey, Wes? Are you there?
Speaker 9: I'm here there he is, Hey, Wes. What do you do for living there in Tampa Bay?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I have a door asher Man work for myself.
Speaker 4: There you go.
Speaker 9: All right, here are the rules for Shack Diesel Trivia. The first contestant with two correct answers is the champion. If there's a tie, we have a tie breaker question. Your name is your buzzer, but you do have to wait until all three possible answers are read. If there's two wrong answers in a row, we move on to the next question.
Speaker 3: Are you ready? Let's get it on?
Speaker 8: All right, let's get this big Aristotle party started. The Warriors will be front and center tonight in the playing tournament. What's the name of their mascot? Is it a the Bay Burner? Be the city scrapper or see they have no official mascot.
Speaker 2: See yes, wow man he came to play. He jumped in on that he ain't playing no games.
Speaker 3: Look at that?
Speaker 9: All right, so big mic who doesn't run this place on the board as we moved around two?
Speaker 8: All right, we check O'Neil. What was I once quoted saying about my speech. A. I may mumble, but every word is worth a million bucks. B. You couldn't hear my voice very well on the court. So I made the crash of the rim and the backboard my speaker or C. I had a stuttering problem my whole life. I still do. I'm just cool with it.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 4: What did I want to say?
Speaker 3: Giving Wess a chance? There, giving you a little time?
Speaker 1: Oh okay, I'm trying.
Speaker 2: To you with your name Wes.
Speaker 5: Oh I'm sorry, I'm at that part, I would say, he said he did a talking with the back on the.
Speaker 9: Backboard backward, no spot for the steal. I'm gonna go with a no, you're losers.
Speaker 8: Stuttering problem my whole life, and I still do. I'm just cool with it now. You can't answer after no. I feel like Richard I should should get half a point for that.
Speaker 3: You guys being terrible, all right, so we moved around. Any one was pretty good. We have good good, Thank you, Big Mike is the only one on the board. As we go to round three.
Speaker 8: Yeah, round three, the thunder one and incredible sixty eight games this season, they have surpassed the previous franchise record of how many wins A thirteen, B eight or C four.
Speaker 3: Big Mike, trying to get the w see, no, what Wes, I'll go with the UH eight eight? Yes, Wes's on the board.
Speaker 9: Eight wins better this season than their franchise record.
Speaker 3: All right, halfway to a swiggy as we go to round four.
Speaker 2: Shaquille O'Neal.
Speaker 8: I loved watching Michigan's Fab five, which member of the crew spent his first two seasons with Denver and eventually made his way to the Pacers. A Chris Webber, B. Jalen Rose or C Juan Howard. Mike, Oh, big Mic B Jalen Rose, Yeah, Big Mike, Mili, this Ty's run anyway is F s R history.
Speaker 3: I can't believe it, Big Mike.
Speaker 9: I can't believe you actually won a game. And would you love to snapped you guys around or like to or big Mic Are you going to keep this swiggy for yourself? You want to mail it to Tampa Bay? To west?
Speaker 10: Uh, well, I think we should get it. Why don't we send that off to Tampa Bay?
Speaker 2: What a guy, Mike?
Speaker 8: Mike made you guys look stupid, like like when I Shovedudling and then when I shoved remember that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he just gave you the deadly treatment. I got to ask you, Mike, how does this compare to fun? Fact Mike was on supermarket sweep once that's correct?
Speaker 3: Is this as fun? Oh?
Speaker 4: The way more fun? This is so much more fun than supermarkets.
Speaker 8: Well you got to hang out with me?
Speaker 10: Yeah, absolutely, right for all the meats first, right, you know Jesus, you know, shak I do an impression of you.
Speaker 2: By the way, characters, Man, that's.
Speaker 8: Terrible, terrible, that's terrible, terrible.
Speaker 4: Impressure. No, it's a form of flattery.
Speaker 3: Life.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, thank you guys. I'm busy. I'm too busy for.
Speaker 3: The space right now. What's going on? Guy?
Speaker 4: Speaking of space?
Speaker 3: Thank you?
Speaker 7: Bro?
Speaker 3: Speaking of duck your head right there? I got the alarm off this morning.
Speaker 2: Hey, spot, I'm glad you said space because something happened.
Speaker 8: Yesterday till Dan Patrick has said atone shack stop kidding
Speaker 3: By shack