Speaker 1: The farting thing, though you do have to.
Speaker 2: You should fart when you making out, not.
Speaker 1: When you're making out. But like I've definitely I've led with I have to, like being honest, like I do have to fart. Do you mind, Like I'm gonna go outside really quick, because that's honestly, it's a great it's a great litmus test. Like I'm not going to pretend like I don't fart, and I don't want you to pretend like you don't fart either. Yeah, And if that grosses you out.
Speaker 2: All good, but far in front of you, I'll leave a stay outside for a couple of minutes to let the smell away.
Speaker 1: For a way ass cheek to the side to really help it get out.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, man, you know, and.
Speaker 1: Look, and maybe you come back to your your bedroom at your mom's house and they're not there and they left, you know, but it is war.
Speaker 3: You just like kind of like leave and then two hours later you're like, I'm so sorry, I ship my pants and.
Speaker 1: Then well, hello the Internet, and welcome to season three, forty six, episode four of The Dailyeitgeist, a production of My Heart Radio. This is the podcast where we take a deep dive into America's shared consciousness. It's Thursday, July eleventh, and what what what treats does this day bring us? Let's see, Thursday July eleventh is guess what? Literally seven eleventh, so it's National seven eleven Day? Go get that free slurpy? Did they still do? I think they still do?
Speaker 3: Free?
Speaker 1: It's not that? Yeah, National Mohedo Day, All American Pet Photo Day. What the fuck is that? It's like a photo of a Boston terrier holding a basketball? I don't okay, sure, National Blueberry Muffin Day, National Rainier Cherry Day, and National Cheer Up the Lonely Day. Okay, well that's all for you July eleventh, take care of that business. My name is Miles Gray, aka the Lord of Lancersham the North Hollywood Number one Son, the Showgun with No Gun, and I am thrilled to be joined today by my guest co host somebody Again, multi hypheness, comedians, writers, performers, improvisers, hosts, podcasters, voiceover extraordin there please welcome Chicago's very own to the microphone Jockey's.
Speaker 4: New I guess you wonderrn where the Pecheeist goes. It's a deadly thing and it won't let go. And I came back to let you know that I won't leave you no more. Ah, what up, niggas have we doing?
Speaker 1: Oh shit? The Bobby Called Well?
Speaker 2: Got the Bobby Callwell? I went to I went to a little restaurant last night, walked up and they was playing that and I was just like, oh my god.
Speaker 1: Oh my yead they want us to fuck in this restaurant. When when did you find out Bobby Calledwell was not black?
Speaker 2: As an adult, yeah, sure, yeah, yeah, as an adult, it's one of my favorite things finding like, no black person of our age knewho Bobby Cowell Wasn't he black? So it was one of my favorite things, like seeing black people find out that he was white? Right, Yeah, dude, I was in my twenties for sure.
Speaker 1: I thought, like especially when the Tupac when Tupac sampled it for Duke for Love, I was like, man, this, I'm like this. I think that was the first time I really was like listening to this like stuff, the original material. And then I remember seeing a picture of Bobby called him.
Speaker 2: Like this is this must be a different Bobby called Well? It must be a different Who does man appropriated. That was him, Man, that was him. I'll tell you man, white white, white people was in their bags in the nineties with music. Man like yeah, like you know, Tears for Fears, Like all the motherfuckers was in the yacht Rock.
Speaker 1: You know, I didn't know they were not black.
Speaker 2: I mean I knew, I knew they was white. But like we was listening to him though, like oh yeah, yeah, yeah, Steely Dan, Kenny Loggins, like we was. I was like, yo, man, Steely Dan bag.
Speaker 1: Bro did the good thing of always having like the best session musicians, especially the best drummers playing on those albums, that really gave it that that feel to it, because yeah, like you're not a legendary drummer, I think if you haven't played on the Steely Dan album. But anyway, I digress. Jacques. We have to welcome our guest today, one of our favorites. Again, it's we've collected our favorites together to speak today. A wonderful human being, a wonderful writer, a wonderful creator and host of the podcast, the famous legendary podcast, Yo is this Racist? Please welcome to the stage the man with the grilling skills of a man of someone who works at a turascaria. Okay, please welcome to the microphone. Andrew t Okay.
Speaker 3: I as usual every time I show up, I got a space on something. This week it was the AKA. I guess Rice Tea would play Rice t that's the very nineties level joke. But I feel like that's where.
Speaker 1: And we were like, it's funny because the Asian guy is doing a joke about asianists, so we can laugh at that.
Speaker 3: That's the best I yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was, oh my god, and well he.
Speaker 3: Started singing too, and I was like, well, I'm not going to try to top that, so I gotta like.
Speaker 2: To know.
Speaker 1: I was like, yeah, we're off this, man, we're spectators now, we're not participants for this AKA performance at all. Andrew, when did you find out Bobby called Well was not black?
Speaker 3: About two minutes ago?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I want people to know. Like when we were talking about that, I saw like Andrews like fingers furiously typing yeah, and I could tell he was looking up. It was like this nigga's not black.
Speaker 1: He is man.
Speaker 5: Shout out to all the what do they call it? Blue eyed soul? Yeah, there's so many people. There's a lot of people. I didn't know Slash was black until three years ago. And the only reason I new was because I saw a picture of him when he was younger and I was like.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's nigga hair, Like that's he got black hair, Like that's black hair. I was like, wait what And then I looked it up and was like, oh, Slash is black. I had no idea, bro, no idea.
Speaker 1: Part of a legendary, you know, tradition of biracial, black and Jewish guitar players like Lenny Kravitz. Yeah, Slash, it's yo, they're out here, out here. But I feel like I knew. I knew Lenny was black from the beginning. Well yeah, I mean yeah Lenny was. But I think with Slash, because he looked like a fucking like comic book character and the dude with the curly hair and the big top hat smoking cigarettes. I don't know, I can't see the face.
Speaker 3: Fine, Well, so his his friend was pretty racist. So you're like, I kind of hope he's so Blacky's he's like Justin.
Speaker 2: Justin just wrote the top comment on YouTube video for what you Want to Do for Love? I'm a fifty nine year old black man who's loved this song for years and I'm just now learning this. I love it.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you just feel like you can hear it, you know, you're like, oh, I know that, and it's just like and then you see.
Speaker 6: Me, like you look like if Tom Petty was like a scarecrow. Seriously, he looks like the whitest man that. Yeah, he looks like you know, white white and ye shot out.
Speaker 1: God bless you, God bless them all. You know, thank you so much for your contributions to the culture. But anyway, Andrew, we are going to get to know you a little bit better. First, we're going to just touch in on some of the stories we're going to talk about. Alert George Clooney just bailed on Joe Biden. Hmm oh, so we'll see what that means. Also, the anti abortion activists in the on the right are just shocked that Trump is not listening to them anymore. So we'll get into that and the potential fallout or not at all of that. And then it is Shark Week. We were talking about how John Cena. We mentioned John Cena retiring. John Cena is hosting Shark Week, and I didn't realize, like I knew obviously that it's popular, but Shark Week is also like a hot bed of bullshit and misinformation. It turns out I had no idea because I stopped watching like ninety fucking four or something. But we'll talk about that, uh and those and just the controversies around some bogus Shark Week shit. But before we get into that, well, first, Andrew, before I even ask you something I was I was just thinking of that Pecanya. That's why I referenced the grilling skills of the because I was just thinking about that, and I want to eat that again. And I was gonna ask you where you bought that cut of me.
Speaker 3: I let me see the We'll do that hot Mike. No, well, okay, I will find it while we're talking. At some point. I'm just gonna furst in and say the name of a Carnie Soria in the middle of some conversation, probably the Biden one. But I this was like, a there's this Carnee Soria in Hollywood. I only really noticed it because I was like driving from Echo Park to Paramount to Strike. So it's somewhere between there on that or maybe on Milks or something like that. Yeah, and and listen, This is me projecting an awful lot, and I'm probably gonna say something that is incorrect here, But what it feels like.
Speaker 7: Is that this is a long time neighborhood Latino Carnisiria that maybe has been taken over or they're handing the reins to a millennial gen.
Speaker 3: Z like kid. So basically it looks like sort of like your standard been there for fifty years, Carneie Ciria. You know, it's like the place with like the dustiest bag of talkies you've ever seen. Yeah, but also they have like a five wagu pa kanya. Oh, it's really insane and hard to square.
Speaker 1: They know the neighborhood's changing, so they're just definite.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, So it's it does feel genuinely like it's like still a neighborhood place. I don't know, and I'm making there's.
Speaker 1: A the reason why they've been in business. Baby, they know what the fucking people know?
Speaker 3: Yeah, people won't they know, And it's just and when I looked it up, this is a place that people know about on Reddit. It's like one of the top places me, so, so what the fuck do I know? But I'm just walking in for the first time I was like, this is this is It's like it's like okay again, no, please don't cancel it, Please do cancel me. It felt like the storm was like sort of being gentrified from within, like I'm like, yeah, this is serving like two audiences in a probably good way. I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 1: There was like Salvadorian like trop Champine like soda, and then next to is like kombucha, and you're like, oh, yeah, ok so we're doing it all.
Speaker 3: I probably the best way for that to change is like, at least it stays in the same like business. Yeah, McCall's or some white butcher moves in. But I don't know anyway, but I did actually just get a fucking Pekana sword.
Speaker 1: So oh you gotta come. Okay, We're okay, you're coming through. We're doing that. But yeah, yeah, everybody where we're doing it.
Speaker 3: I wasn't truly, I've been having so much red meat. That's July that I've had.
Speaker 1: So much red meat. I have to stop, Like I'm I'm.
Speaker 2: Worried I've not had any when I'm good for you, Well, it's not by choice. I have my wisdom teeth taken out of my big ass age. Wow, and so you are I've been able to eat yea meat really well?
Speaker 1: Well, well, I think Andrew and I will welcome you back to the meat eating scene. We will eat from the sword of the blade of damn a cleat, damn it all.
Speaker 2: I've been eating this. All I've been eating is mashed potatoes and puss.
Speaker 1: Value Andrew, what is something from your search history that's really about who you are, what you're into, aside from Pekanya's damn this one?
Speaker 3: I this one is gonna be good. So I was at Costco yesterday and my impulse buy at Costco was a sixteen dollars body pillow that is advertised.
Speaker 1: With oh yeah, okay, yeah, So are you a side sleeper? No? Isn't it best for side sleeping?
Speaker 3: So here's the thing is I kind of was just like, since since my dog has basically started sleeping in the bed, I was like, I'll just like have like an extra thing. I don't know, It's just one of those things where I was like, for sixteen dollars, how could I not buy this thing?
Speaker 2: That?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I drove it home like sitting in my passenger seats like that.
Speaker 2: Lane HIV lane, Yeah, put on it?
Speaker 1: Is it good?
Speaker 2: Because I am I am a size sleeper and I have like I'm very much a bye good betting benning. Yeah, like I have a good mattress. I have a great mattress. I have great pillows. I watch them all those things, but I have a small pillow. That's all. That's all reliable. I have a small pillow that if you take off the pillow case, I wouldn't be eating pussy no more because ladies, you know.
Speaker 1: And that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the pillow I cuddle, you know. Yeah, And so like I need I want to get a body pillow because I am a size sleeper and I want, but I'm always hesitant because I'm like, this ship is probably gonna.
Speaker 3: I can't imagine this is a good one considered it was sixty dollars. Yeah, but hey, I don't know so well. So this is my was my search was tasteful body pillow covers, because I was like, I can't just row dogs.
Speaker 1: Wait wait, but in your mind they're all there, all that's out there are just gaudy body pillow covers.
Speaker 3: Well, in my mind, it's the it's only anime wife who body? Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you want to be husband's so.
Speaker 3: I had to. Yeah. I was just like, what what are my options here? And it's it is surprisingly robust like.
Speaker 1: That you defaulted that it was a life.
Speaker 3: Well, I was just like, I don't know jack shit about body pillows. I'm not sure how much use this is the one who is going to get, but I'm happy to own it. I was very happy to like, you know how, when you're taking home your costco groceries, it's already too much stuff. It was very satisfying to then love the equivalent of essentially like a dead body like right, you know it looked it looked mostly like a murder scene or like a like a like a cleaner scene in a movie. It looked like because it's fucking.
Speaker 1: Huge, damn, well, do you know send us some flicks? I want to see it. Yeah, yeah, Andrew, what's something you think is underrated?
Speaker 3: Underrated? Gross recipes that are way too much work?
Speaker 1: Okay, So I did those recipes.
Speaker 3: I had I had been saving. So so let's see about like a fucking year ago, we got my friend for her like as a kind of like a wedding bachelorette gift, a harmone am Barrico from Spain, which I don't remember the exact bill, but it was closer to three figures or closer to four figures than three.
Speaker 1: My god, it was.
Speaker 3: It was a very expensive hawk and because I'm like, I guess, because I just like like I kind of was like, I guess I'm cheap ultimately, because as we were carving up this harmone, you know, there's all the fat on the rind, and I was just like a maniac like saving all these pieces of harmone rhynde. Yeah, that I was like, this shit was like I don't even know, like probably like forty dollars a pound. This fat is like one of the most expensive substances I've ever had in my life. So I saved all of it, and that it's been in my freezer for way too long. I guess, you know, fat connoisseurs. Let me know how I fucked up. But I was having a day where I like really really did not want to do anymore writing, and you guys hadn't called me to get on the podcast, so instead.
Speaker 1: I had to do something. Yeah, what I.
Speaker 3: What I did was over approximately like six hours, rendered out, rendered out like eight hundred MILLI liters of hormone fat shit, which is crazy. I mean, if anyone's had hormone, it's like very very like funky, like a little bit like like aged kind of, and it's it's hormone. Pigs are like raised on acorns only so it has a kind of like nutty flavor. Anyway, so I have like way too much fat. So then what I did was I got I don't know fucking six leaders of Costco Bourbon.
Speaker 1: And I made fat washed it. I fat washed it so much. Costco, you created a very harmone fat washed bourbon costcoverb. Yeah, that's fine. I don't give a ship.
Speaker 3: I mean, well it's the cheapest and the most expensive.
Speaker 1: I don't care. Look man, it's fat washed with one thousand dollars fat that you buy. Okay, so you really are having a party.
Speaker 3: It took me fucking forever. Yeah, I mean, come come through. I did make burnt pineapple Manhattan's with the harmone fat washers.
Speaker 1: Oh shit, that was fucking great. All right, So everybody, we'll send out Andrews address. We're all gonna show up. He's gonna feed washtails. Let's stop this podcast right now.
Speaker 2: You know what I know, I wish like I wish, and I'm saying this as somebody who is a podcaster, has hosted, has hosted on this very network. I wish we had the balls to just be like, you know what podcasts over and in the episode.
Speaker 1: Sorry, y'all, life is just more important sometimes than these microphones, and.
Speaker 3: There'd be like, tweet out a picture of us, drink and.
Speaker 2: Tweet up and tee it out a picture of us like this is what we stopped the podcast for, and nobody would be mad.
Speaker 1: Or you leave the MIC's rolling the whole time. We all leave with the MIC's rolling, we meet somewhere and then we all come back and then just talk about what happened. And it's a seven hour episode. Hello y'all. Yeah, sure they'll be great for for ads. What's something you think is overrated?
Speaker 3: Overrated is not doing stuff the white people way? As as I think everyone on this podcast knows, you might also notice I basically pick what I want to talk about and could toward it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, over under.
Speaker 3: But I think I think I feel like I know you guys well enough to kind of know that given the two options, if you have the option of doing stuff the white people way or the correct way. We're all typically choosing the correct way.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: What do we give me an example?
Speaker 3: Here we'll do I'll do the one that is what I've been doing, which is I started meditating. Huh, just because because I'm a man who, as you know, leaders of fallon. But I started meditating using one of those like fucking very whack apps where a very condescending sounding lady tells you what to do. And I was so resistant to this because obviously it's it's.
Speaker 1: Oh because you're like right, he's like this, ain't I should be going to an ashram or some shit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I should get Because I remember when I was a kid, I was like with my dad, I was like, are you like he was kind of doing a meditating thing, but also he's.
Speaker 1: Just some dude.
Speaker 3: He doesn't know what you're talking about. And I was like, well, how do you do it? And he was like, well, you just meditating, and I was like, and he kind of refused to He did parenting the Asian way, which is the bad way, which is just pushing me off a cliff and not telling me what. So I always have been just like really resistant to it. And I will just say, I understand that I'm probably doing it incorrectly or something is wrong or there's a better way, but my alternative was really not doing it at all. Yeah, and this has definitely been better than not doing anything.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, So are you are you saying just so so I have clarification? Are you saying that what is overrated is doing things the right way or what's over and insisting on like I insisted on doing it the right way where we could be doing it the easy and.
Speaker 1: Laser short, which is what white people do, right with a product, with a product, just with the product.
Speaker 3: Yeah, app using an app to appropriate your own ship.
Speaker 1: But see and but but for you, you're saying, now that you found this app, you're now, look, it's a gateway into meditation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I don't think it will be or I don't think it will be like I think. I mean, it's it's a gateway to whatever this practice is. I don't think it's gonna be like Oh, but then I really researched and like found out where my dad learned. You know, none of that right, right, right, I can just tell So I'm just saying, I guess I say it kind of boils down to like good enough, even if good enough is kind of embarrassing.
Speaker 1: There you go. Yeah, look, I think like anything, right, if you're interested in something, get into it. However you get into it, you know what I mean? Yeah, because they're not.
Speaker 3: Interested in I'm interested in doing shit that's gonna give me a heart attime, like fucking boost steaks. What I am realizing I need to do more of this other shit and some the lowest bar version of that is what it's.
Speaker 1: Going to be. There you go, there you go. I got some I've got some guided meditations I could put you onto. You know what I mean? That help?
Speaker 3: I yeah, send them over.
Speaker 2: Is it the right way or is it the white way?
Speaker 1: It is the white people? Wait, baby, you know what I mean. I'm not mentally equipped to still my mind like some kind of ascetic ascetic monk or something. No, that's not that's not me.
Speaker 3: So this is I'm guessing everyone who listens to this podcast knows more about meditation than I do, and maybe you guys do also. I just I just crossed the line into being like I can like scratch whatever itch I have maintaining, because I was just like trying to sit there and be you know, solid and serene, and I was just like, this is the itchiest I've ever bet in my life.
Speaker 2: And you like you like my ause supposed to be meditating and I can't scratch myself right exactly.
Speaker 3: Truly, it was the most like torturis thing I've ever experienced, just trying to sit there for like ten minutes without scratching, and that mysteriously appeared at the second that the woman was like, head, close your eyes, and I was just like, motherfucker, I'm so itchy.
Speaker 2: Right, it's like having a fartment you're making out or something with like a new person.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, And just like you just willpower. My willpower is willpower.
Speaker 1: I get it. Well, look we will examine our own willpower during this break and we will be right back and we're back. What a time. We're just talking about our willpower and we have none. So let's get into the news. So Joe Biden, we were constantly seeing more and more Democratic lawmakers come out and saying I think he's just stepped down. Nancy Pelosi is being very coy but like being like, you know, that's his decision, but you know, he better make it happen. We'll drop out. I don't know so. George Cooey, he just hosted a huge fundraiser for Joe Biden a few weeks ago, and he just penned an op ed for The New York Times stating that Biden had won a lot of battles over the years, but quote, the one battle he cannot win is the fight against time. Shit. Okay. He goes on to say, it was devastating to say it, but the mister Biden I met at a fundraiser three weeks ago was not the Joe big fucking deal Biden of twenty ten. He wasn't even the Joe Biden of twenty twenty. He was the same man we all witnessed at the debate. Our party leaders need to stop telling us that fifty one people, fifty one million people didn't see what they just saw. This is about age nothing more. We are not going to win in November with this president. Yeah, that's I think that's a big Hollywood Lib endorsement to lose. For sure. I wonder what Jeffrey kats If Jeffrey Katz, if Jeffrey Katzenberg bows out, then you know it's bad because that's the man who's really the one running shit in terms of Hollywood donations and things like that. Mean, meanwhile, and this is the other thing too, like it is wild to see, like the party leaders need to like be real. It's so funny to see how all of this has been. Like Joe Biden really needs to go. I don't know what he's thinking. It's like, y'all were enabling this thing, so why the fuck are you suddenly acting like I don't know who said he wanted to If you fucking knew, then fucking do something about it. The discourse is completely shifted to like he needs to get out of here. He doesn't know it's all good. There's an entire party apparatus that enabled this. That is also not having a reckoning that it absolutely should because it's not. Also said this before, it's not just about his age. It's what the party even stands for, what the platform is. That's also not that's also not getting people excited. So sure, a bunch of old people. It's a bunch of old people in politics. Unfortunately that should not be there anymore.
Speaker 2: And I think, you know the I think what we're seeing is that the recognition that we should have known all along that they realized that this is all performance, right, It's all a performance. And when Joe Biden, they know, they knew Joe Biden was old three years ago, two years ago, last year, we all fucking could see it. But but the hope was at the debate he could perform, right, because it's a performance, right, it's performance art. That's what politics and the presidential debate it has all become nowadays. The funny thing that I I and I'm not here to say whether he should drop out or not. I have my thoughts. I truly don't give a shit. And the reason I say I don't give a shit is because, like, I think we're screwty the way.
Speaker 3: But like.
Speaker 2: And and get I get both sides of why he shouldn't why he should. You know, Personally, I'm like, yeah, this motherfucker is old. Like if we could run a better candidate out there, we should have been thinking about that months ago. But I what I find curious is everybody who's saying he should drop out he's too old, are you also saying that you're not voting for him? Because if you're not saying that, then shut up, because like because like if because you're saying he's too so who is the they you're talking about. I'm still gonna vote for him, but they won't because he's too old. Like what it seems like a counterproductive argument, where we should be talking about the things like records and the fact that he's supporting the genocide and the fact that Trump is Trump and all these other things where we're kind of just kind of it's almost like we're trying to say.
Speaker 1: Well, that's what I'm saying. It's like I said it before. They just want to change the mannequin in the shop window and not change fundamentally what is being sold to people, because since January sixth, it's all just been like they're gonna fucking kill us all and we don't know what the fuck to do. That's not that doesn't that's not winning, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Nobody has said nobody and maybe somebody, but nobody that I've heard on social media media whatever, has said. The performance he just put out lets me know, I can't vote for him because he's too old. What everybody is saying is he should drop out because he's too old. Nobody's saying they're not going to vote for him. Still, so what are you really saying, like action are we saying.
Speaker 1: Properly identifying what's deflating the base? Is it because he's old or is it a myriad of all these other things you just mentioned. Is it the is it the support of Israel? Is it the fact lack of movement on anything that fundamental like that even approaches something that looks like equitable, like financial fiscal policy that helps working people, Like, there's none of that.
Speaker 3: The problem is his base has always been people who might vote for Trump, which is like, like his strategy has always been let's go for like racists who are poor, like is essentially what he's always gone after instead of being like, you know, people, if every for instance, like non white person voted, Democrats will win every time, Like, it's just that they make sure to let us know that they don't care about us. So we are not enthusiastic. I mean, we're looking down in the situation where like I feel like at some point I'm going to lose my nerve and admit that I probably should do something to help dovide and win. There's gonna be moments where I'm like, like, I don't know, fucking phone banking or canvassing and literally being like, I think this man is a war criminal that you should vote for, and I also vote for them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's that's right, because truly, like if the if the binary is the status quo or even getting even worse, then yeah, I have to pick the status quo despite my absolute distaste and hostility towards it. And that's what and I think that's what makes people so frustrated, because you want to feel like you have something you can use your what your desires are to get a candidate to appeal to you as leverage, to get them to change what they're what they stand for, what their policies are going to be. But when they're absolutely become so rigid and be like no, this is it, bro, Like what we're not doing shit, Bro, this is it, you feel like, well, I don't want to feel like a fucking fool for doing this again. And but again, when it comes down to it, yeah, I don't want to fucking sit here and watch everything completely change in a flash if if you know, depending on what degree it does change based on Project twenty twenty five, et cetera. But yeah, it's a very interesting, not interesting it's this is a very complex and emotionally frustrating position to be in both you know, like I said, emotionally and philosophically.
Speaker 2: It's a lot easier because a month ago, like I think, we all you know, we all know each other, and so we all probably have an idea that a month ago, whatever you say, what I'm saying, well, I'm saying, like a month ago, the reasons that I was like, I don't know if I can vote for this man is because he is funding and supporting the genocide and all these other things that are happening right. And the truth is, the apathy for Joe Biden's candidacy was there amongst our side, the progressives and left and people who are and like, you know, everything that's going on. It was already there a month ago. It's much easier to now say, oh, the reason why we won't throw our support and the reason we may lose this ticket, and a reason we may lose this a lot is because Joe Biden is old than it is to say the reason we may lose this election is because we all support Israel. We all support like all these things that nobody was actually calling Joe Biden out on like George Cooney won calling Joe Biden out for supporting the genocide, but he calling them out for being old. Nigga, shut up, shout the fuck up, right.
Speaker 1: I mean yeah, that's why he lets his wife do the talking while she leads investigations into Israeli war crimes. He's like, well, look, I'm associated, I'm associated obviously, but like, meanwhile, you know, Bernie Sanders, AOC. The rest of the squad, they are calling for Biden like they're like, we're we're sticking with Biden. They're just saying, maybe he should just have a fucking Boulder platform to run that appeals to working people. They saying that, you know that this is a moment to quote lean in to a bolder economic agenda and move further towards the working class. Okay that, I mean, that's what most progressives I've been asking for since the beginning. Well that happened. That's the thing is, I'm not sure how realistic that is. She goes on to say, if we can expand on healthcare, if we can make sure that people's rents and mortgages are affordable, if you can actually provide and chart out of future that is more leaning into the needs of working people, then I think we can chart a path to win. Bernie Sanders also said a similar thing. Now this feels partially pragmatic slash opportunistic, like for AOC like it sounds like, you know, she's really trying to she's trying to be hanging in the Democratic Party for a long time. And also partly we know the establishment will blame progressives and the left if when Joe Biden loses, so let's not give them any fucking ammo right now, That's also part of it. So it's just I yeah, well yes, it's also like.
Speaker 3: At the end of the day, like I mean, I tweeted a version of this, which is like, Joe Biden has never run as if he wanted the enthusiasm of people like.
Speaker 1: Me, So I hope he's sure.
Speaker 3: Like even before this fucking twenty twenty fucking every single time he's done anything politically, he's made it very clear he does not give a shit about someone like me. Yeah, so I don't particularly give more or less of a shit.
Speaker 1: About him now, I guess right, it's just like he is who he's been who he is the whole time.
Speaker 2: He's been who he is the whole time. Yeah, and and and his platform has always been, well, since he's been this president, see, has always been Trump bad, me better, That's that's his platform.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's like you want to hear policy. I don't know. Look, I don't want to talk about policy. But have you seen Donald Trump? Yeah, Like we all and we've been saying this frustratingly for the last two years about how the Democrats are not selling anybody on a vision of anything. They're merely just juxtaposing themselves with the right and saying this is scarier than this. Right, Okay, so let's just fucking shut up about everything and keep it moving.
Speaker 2: And yeah, but what they don't want to admit is if the Republican side ran literally anybody else slam dunk win for them, it would be that it is God.
Speaker 3: I can't remember who tweeted this, but this was amazing, Like, like Joe Biden really is like taking lesser of two evils to the very living. Yeah, like he's he's just like he's like in like I'm not touching you levels of technically being better than Trump.
Speaker 1: Right yeah, yeah, like better yeah better? But yeah good, And that's the thing is like also too, Like I think a lot of voters are are not necessarily as entrenched or observing everything that's happening in the government or with foreign policy as you know, as like we might be your listeners of the show. So a lot of people's calculus is completely different, you know what I mean, Like we're like, yo, we need to fucking hold the line on making sure that like the fucking the fucking famine stops in Gaza, that we actually have like maybe we can do away with something like qualified immunity, maybe we can do something about you know, this, that and the other thing. But yeah, a lot of people's other calculus, when they're just presented with, well, they're gonna do this scary shit, then yeah, it's more obvious. And I think that's what makes it so difficult to you know, like sort of intellectually understand, yes, Biden is the better choice. I also, I want to fucking feel like we're like we're hurt that people's needs are fucking met. And I think that's the other existential factor about all of this that isn't being acknowledged, which is with some of the more social like policies that you know, Bernie and the squad and AOC are saying like maybe he should lean into But I think at the end of the day, I don't know how much that's going to really move people because to most people it's just been presented as it cannot be Trump and that's a full stop.
Speaker 2: I mean anything else. If you are asking me, Jack Case, what, here's your choices. Would you rather be shot at point blank range with a sawed off shotgun or would you rather be shot at point blank range with a pistol? Uh huh, I would rather not be shot. But if you're going to make shoot me with the pistol, because with the solid all like you know, like that's the that is the choices. And I know that's an extreme analogy.
Speaker 1: But if you said, what if I don't get shot, They're like, oh, so you want to get shot with a shotgun?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 5: Shotgunun No, I forget it, never mind shoot me with a pistol.
Speaker 1: But like, let's swing the focus over to Donald Trump. Because the RNC they just held their Platform Committee meeting. So this is the place where delegates from across the country come to meet and formally assemble an amend the party's official platform. And in normal times, amendments are offered, there are debates, and then they all come to the conclusion that immigrants are bad and Jesus is the most handsome. But these are not normal times.
Speaker 3: Huh, he's the whitest god available.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, baby, Oh yeah, we know it. I mean we've seen it, baby, So these are not normal times as we know. So Trump has fully taken over the party. And in twenty twenty, the RNC didn't even have the committee meet. They were just like, we all believe in Trump, so like, whatever he wants is the platform, and that's just what they went with. Then he lost and a lot of people were pissed. And it seems that this year they're doing like they're having this committee meeting again to make sure like make all the delegates feel all warm and fuzzy inside as if they're needed. But it ended there because apparently this year's platform talks went really bad for the anti abortion activists on the committee because Trump has decreed that the party's official stance for the first time in decades is that they will oppose a federal abortion ban and basically leave it to the states. This is a clip from this like longtime Gail Ruzitska, who is an RNC Platform Committee member from Utah. She was interviewed right after this platform committee meeting had occurred and asking like, so, what happened? Were you guys like, do you guys get any words in? This was her description of how it all went down.
Speaker 8: This never happened before. I guess I've done this several times. There was no there was no committees. We always had subcommittees where we can go in and read work on a section of the platform. We can propose amendments, debate them, add them. Always happens. I've done it many times. And then would it usually take today and then tomorrow we would come back and meet is a complete platform, and sometimes there'll be more amendments. They didn't allow any amendments, they didn't allow any discussion.
Speaker 2: They rolled us.
Speaker 1: They rolled us, got rolled up like a fresh pack.
Speaker 3: Az Ah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what happens when Donald Trump controls everything. The twenty sixteen party platform mentioned abortion thirty four times. The twenty twenty four platform mentions it once, and this revelation immediately caused a melt down in the evangelical Jesus Free Trump supporter base, who's he's been concording since twenty fifteen, because if you remember, on the record, Donald Trump was like pro choice until he had to court the evangelical vote in twenty fifteen going into twenty sixteen. And so there's Chad Conley, who is the former chair of the South Carolina GOP, and he's also like one of these guys who like he has all these religious ties that he's able to round up votes for Trump. He said, quote, it is fair to say that over one thousand pastors have emailed, texted, and called me about their disappointment over where they saw the platform going. The words I'm hearing are shocked, betrayed, trampled, depressed, deflated. Most pastors I know don't want Biden and will still probably vote for Trump, but this hurts the energy needed for those folks to do the things it takes to help elect a president. Wow, we're on the same vote.
Speaker 3: What I will just say though, is these guys are Trump's version of Biden's like you know, fists or like you know, people who don't want a center right government, Except he delivered for these fucking people, they actually got Roby Wade overturned. He gave them straight up what they wanted and now they just want.
Speaker 1: More because in the platform, I'm pretty sure when they talk about that decision, he was like the dobb's doing. He's like it had said, it happened quote because of us. So that's like how he's trying to basically be like, look y'all got your shit, you know what I mean, like keep it moving like and because also it's clear Trump, Oh, another person, Tony Perkins from the absolutely heinous Family Research Council action said, quote the right to life transcends other political debates and the interests of any in all political parties and candidates. This is a group that the SBLC has labeled like a full on hate group, but anyway that the people are angry. And again it's clear Trump has seen, like many of us, that the anti abortion thing has only led to NonStop l's like when it comes to elections, not you're just not fucking winning on that. And that's definitely fueling the pivot. But I also see this like as another power consolidation move because Trump is fully taking over the party. Typically, the GOP had to bow to the evangelicals in terms of like figuring out like what we got we need them on board. So whatever they want, we also have to factor in as our this is part of our winning coalition. So I think to doing this and icing them out lessens their influence, and you know, I think that's exactly what he wants to see.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Well, obviously they're not voting for Toe Biden, so this sounds like a lot of complaining.
Speaker 3: And also I think it's weird that they ever bout because it just still is like the fuck you're gonna do about it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I mean that's like where you know, in the late seventies and eighties, they're like, man, we we we're losing, bro. So like, I think we can get these freaks activated if we just start saying this shit and then they and then they caught the dog, caught the car, and the jig is up.
Speaker 3: Wait, that's another fucking obvious reason for Joe Biden. For the subside, it's like, hey, maybe we should get a presidential candidate on the Democratics Act who will say the right to abortion is important or like I will restore it, like right, this motherfucker like he still would just wants the worst white people on earth. He thinks he could peel off three percent of them and the election that way.
Speaker 1: But I think also to this, whether this is intentional or not, these these are the kinds of optics you want to try and seem more reasonable, like you want the SPLC designated hate group to be like, I'm outraged by what Trump is doing, and now suddenly it's like, oh shit, well maybe yeah, maybe he does have a mind, maybe he is reasonable.
Speaker 2: He is not.
Speaker 1: But again, this is the kind of shit that if you're getting into the real like strategy of like how things are perceived, this is probably seen as a win on some level because yeah, yeah, you want to make it seem like, yeah, the hate groups fucking hate me man, because I'm not well.
Speaker 3: This is this is where this is the one time strategically like Trump being a liar and I paid off for him, was yeah, he lied to those people. He doesn't give a ship one way or the other.
Speaker 2: About abortion right now. I honestly I was fully expecting him to. I didn't watch the full debate. I only saw clips, so I don't know if this was even said or not, or if they even brought up like the Middle East or anything like that. But I was fully expecting Trump to be on some like and you know what actually right, you know, free Palestine, just on some bullshits, just to be like.
Speaker 1: Miriam Addelson, money would go poof.
Speaker 3: He did worse worse than that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah totally.
Speaker 3: That was finally way an example of doing except the white people way wrong, which is I was hanging out with one of my relatives white fiances or like, we're hanging out in a family thing, and this motherfucker insisted on playing clips from the debate while I was happening. I was like, I don't want to hear any of this, right, this is fucking Oh. You gotta gotta be informed. Why to make a decision. It's like, in to me, the world where this debate could swing anything is.
Speaker 2: What the fuck kind of person is crazy town?
Speaker 3: Like how dumb do you have to be to be like I got it something in the air.
Speaker 1: I don't know, Yeah, That's what I'm saying, Like because I'm like, the poles really didn't move out, like in terms of who's going to vote for who, the polls only moved and people be like, yeah, he's fucking old. Yeahh but guess what I'm You've I've already been thoroughly freaked out about a Trump presidency that like, yeah, whatever, man, just can we fucking is it gonna not? Is it gonna be or is it gonna stop Trump or not? Yeah, that's every guy like.
Speaker 3: Game of Throne style, just the president regent while while the President recuperates it his golden throne, we send out the young Prince to speak in instead. That's why punter Biden.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, all right, let's take another break. We'll come back and and we're gonna check in with Shark Week and the lies, the many lies of Shark Week after this and we're back. As we mentioned earlier this week, it is Shark Week right now. The annual event is being hosted by none other than John Cena.
Speaker 2: John Chayna.
Speaker 1: I always have to I feel like I always have to do the sound.
Speaker 2: The last time is now, baby, the last time now?
Speaker 1: Question for you, Jackie's, because I know you're a big wrestling fan. Yeah, what are you comparing The Rock to John Cena in terms of like acting?
Speaker 2: Oh, man, I had this, I had this full conversation with someone recently. Yeah, it was like the oh, the Batista, the Rock that John Cena. You know, it's very popular to hate the Rock right now. So I will say and even hate it. I'm just saying, who's no, who's not you. I'm just saying, like the conversation as far as acting goes, or like wrestling wrestler acting acting or acting like the career. So here's the thing, here's the thing with Johnson, uh, with with with the Rock. I think a lot of people forget this part and and with and I'm gonna this is my answer. A lot of people forget this part. But the Rock has been acting for twenty three years. That's a long fucking career. Whereas and I'm talking in Hollywood, not w WE movies, but in Hollywood, right and the Rock was very much kind of like a Will Smith.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: And what I mean by that was is that The Rock being really the first true crossover actor. I know, there's the Hulk, Hogan's to Roddy Roddy Piper's and all those people, but the true first actor who literally crossed over and was like, you know what, I'm not even the Rock no more. Call me by my real fucking name. Like he was calculated in that. And so the Rock breaking down all those doors and barriers and John Cena has talked about this himself, like he his calculation was, I am going to be a movie star, right, Whereas John Cena and Bautista, who's a fantastic actor, get to take a little bit more risks because there is a road for them to drive down, right, so if you are. And so the Rock doesn't take risks because he doesn't have to, nor did he want to. And I think he's starting to after he had a couple of failures and his ego is hit. But John Cena has been able to take more risks, Bautista has been able to take more artistic risks because nobody was looking at Bautista to be right, like nobody was doing that for him. So I think the best actor, So the best actor of all three of those, as I would say, from what we've seen, Bautista has the best artistic repertoire. And then between John Cena and The Rock, I think like John Cena right now is taking more funt risks than The Rock is. But like I think, if you are going to ask me who is the best out of all three of them, I'm going to say it's the person that literally was able to leave wrestling and completely leave it. Behind him and open the doors for like everybody else like that. It takes talent to do that. So he's not untalented.
Speaker 1: He's just no, he's I want to see I want to see him do something a little like more like how senated blockers like, I want to see the Rock do something.
Speaker 2: He has go back to his two thousand movies. Go back to Paint and Gain, go back to like it's.
Speaker 1: Just what we were still kind of like the Rock, you know, he still had that like that, not Paint and Gain energy. Wait, the one that when they went to the Amazon and.
Speaker 2: Ship paint and game. No, that's the that's the Mark wahlbergate, Like the one where they were like the body it's Michael by Michael Bay.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, this one, this one is he's funny in it.
Speaker 2: No, he's just not. It's not funny at all. He's a cracket right right right right, not cracking, but he's on drugs and like he hasn't really he took some really big risks in the two thousands. Yeah, and then but once Fast five came out and he was like, oh I can be steroided up and still make a lot of money. He was like bet movie star right right, Yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Think he is actually riding the way perfectly because he's still got it enough and has built up a good He's managed to make money while building up bad will to like whatever. Whenever he chooses to do like, you know, like a fucking I don't know, Benny Safty movie or whatever, it's gonna be like, people are gonna lose their fucking mind.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, he's in that twenty four movie right now that that's filming, and like the Johnsons, the Batista is great, but like, let the Rock come with one movie when motherfuckers are like, oh goddamn.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one where he cries and or is hurt, yeah, or something bad happens to him, and.
Speaker 2: He does have a victor access it doesn't he have a no lose clause in his contract? And I'm almost sure he does, but I would probably say the Rock, being a smart person after Black Adam and all the ship that like that, he's probably gonna like get rid of clause.
Speaker 1: I mean that that wasn't l that was like that whatever the contract said that he did lose. Well, anyway, this isn't about John Cena really, but it is about the thing he's hosting Sharply. It's just something I've always been thinking on. When I was talking about the other day, I was just really like, Oh, I'm just curious from like especially someone from like Jackies, who.
Speaker 3: Might be the human being I know that knows most about the question you just asked.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, exactly exactly, And I just wanted to posit that because it's something I'm always like, I'm always surprised at seeing like the roles these other wrestlers take, and they suddenly like, oh, should look.
Speaker 2: At you with some little taking bad roles, And He's like, his movies are way more fun to watch, right.
Speaker 1: I did see a movie recently where he played like a retired mercenary who's like trying to get his family bad. But I watched the whole thing because I was on an airplane. So Shark Week back to Shark Week it is. I didn't realize that. I know it's a big thing, but I didn't realize how it is like massive for the Discovery Channel. Dating back to eighty eight, it is the longest running cable TV programming event in history. When it first aired, it basically doubled Discovery Channel's ratings and they're like, oh shit, we got something here, and it's still fucking popular, and last year over twenty two million viewers tuned into Shark Week. But again, a lot of like shark experts are like, the thing about Shark Week here, let's really get into it. A lot of like experts are like, it's filled with misinformation and glorifies what they call wildlife harassment. And also they say quote rarely features women scientists, are scientists of color in leading roles. It's always like some white guy who like and a lot of like other shark or researchers like even have groups like sort of addressed like the iniquities and how like people who work with sharks are being represented in media. But they also have a history about like just putting on like total bullshit and then being defensive about it. So in twenty thirteen, they aired a show called Megalodon, The Monster Shark Lives, all about the extinct shark that fought Jason Stath of that well a couple of times. I guess I bro I fuck with them those movies. They're terrible, but I love a big ass shark. I don't know what it is. Fuckinged every time I'm like I don't know why.
Speaker 3: On a skewer with a little tatziki.
Speaker 1: Yeah, delicious women, Oh of course, of course. I mean, for we're one Mediterranean must have lemon, it must have olive oil, parsley recono. Anyway, so this like Megalodon, the Monster Shark Lives, it didn't just like skew the facts. It's basically a fucking mockumentary featuring like they had actors playing scientists, they have photoshop pictures, faked digital video, and there was a brief disclaimer. But the fact that this like work of fiction presented as if it were a genuine documentary was basically was understandably very confusing for viewers because like, at no point really outside of this brief disclaimer in like was in this documentary is it mentioned that it was fictional ever at all? Like you're just like well, I mean like if you saw the fine print real quick then yeah. And that had a lot of people being like, oh shit, what the fuck the fucking megalodon lives? And that I think that was the intention, because the Discovery Channel then ran a poll asking viewers if they believe the megalodon was still alive even though it is very much extinct, and seventy three percent of the people said yes, it is alive for sure, and others said no, the scientists are right. Was the we your two options basically, and so when people called this out, the Discovery Channel responded by gaslighting everybody. Even though like the scientific community again is certain that these sharks are extinct, the network claimed, well, quote, there's still debate and asked, who really knows what's happening with the megalodon? Like this is some QAnon shit.
Speaker 3: Now, if there was a debate, why would you be asking me Therefore, no one knows.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no that I'm saying. And also, but how can we really know? How can you prove that something doesn't exist? It's very hard. But then the next year, Discovery doubled down on this megalodon thing and they re aired the previous show and then they added a whole new fucking fake documentary and they were like people were like, this is the same thing you're doing. And then in twenty eighteen they said we will quote promise to be more quote science and research focused. In twenty eighteen, they put out a a special that was fact checking the twenty thirteen megalodon mockumentary you made.
Speaker 3: That's so funny, I mean really wild Tim Robinson hot dog sketch. It's like, right, oh, who could have done such a thing?
Speaker 1: Who could have done this? I have no idea. We'll never know. We'll never know. And then like like last year they aired Cocaine Sharks. I can't believe I fucking missed Cocaine Sharks because they were trying to ride the Cocaine bear Wave, where marine biologists like attempted to simulate like what it would be like if sharks basically were like scarfing down fucking bales of cocaine and lost their shit, and it was like very stupid. They're like, we're gonna observe any like weird, like we're gonna go to this place where drug smugglers have used to traffic cocaine and see if we observe anything, and they kind of like didn't see anything. Then they put like white bundles like like in the water with like a fake swan to be like maybe they'll eat it, and they didn't seem like they were that into it at all, and.
Speaker 3: I shopped that at this point, given their ethics, they are not just actually giving a shark cocaine.
Speaker 1: Right, and just being like, well, this is the thing, Andrew, because they're probably smart enough to know that, like researchers have said, cocaine would act more as a quote anesthetic than a stimulant with shark. And then I was like real, like it's a quote A few studies done with cocaine shows that it affects fish really differently than it affects humans. Who's doing this fucking research?
Speaker 2: Like, hey, get his some cocaine. Let's see what.
Speaker 1: Yeah? Like here, dude, I dropped my I dropped an eight ball into a fish tank. Man, I'm trying to get my fuck. Can I Can I get reimbursed for that? I can kind of make a study out of it. It looked like they were chilled out than like freaking out.
Speaker 3: I would have been a seed in Scarface where he's like sprinkling little shit over oh yeah, over an aquarium.
Speaker 8: I know.
Speaker 2: I know there's gonna be some animal lover, and I'm an animal lover as well, But there's gonna be an animal lover who's not going to like what I'm gonna say. But if the worst thing I can do for one day is give cocaine to a bunch of fish, I would do that shit in the heartbeat.
Speaker 1: Yes, that seems like the thing is, there's all the research has been done, jackies. They're not going to suddenly be doing TikTok dances and to invest in the NFTs. They just thought, all right, well bear give it to the bears, baby.
Speaker 2: They know how to, They know how to, they know how to fun up.
Speaker 3: Just by the way reading between the lions and speculating about not to get into more Hollywood bullshit. This is how we started to start the segment. But the fact that this is like so Gangbusters ratings wise, and it's discovery if you know, it's like that meme of like the little fucking you know that the domino is getting progressively bigger. But this is why, almost certainly why fucking David Zaslav.
Speaker 1: Runs Warner Brothers and HP oh now, and.
Speaker 3: If you're curious why movies feel like they're terrible, it's because the man who who oversaw Shark Week and these weirdo lies. Also, I will just say the fact that this many people watch this tells me not enough people have training with weed, because clearly, like, do something more creative with your hate weirdo watches than Shark Week. This is so preposterously lazy, get high and do something else.
Speaker 2: I truly, I truly have never understood Shark Week. And I know it's big, and I know I feel like I'm the I feel like I'm in the minority on this, and I don't hate it. I don't hate it. I'm not saying like no, but I get why it's big. I just I've never like partaken in like the excitement of it personally, and it surprises me that it's so big. I always forget there's coming up until it's here. Yeah, and then I'm like, man, people really fuck with Shark Week, like and I always say maybe this year, I'll give it the chance, and then like nothing compels me to do it.
Speaker 1: But yeah, this is like I.
Speaker 3: Think it's like that's what she said. People who love it. It's like weeks coming up right right, man, like have your fun.
Speaker 1: But maybe, Yeah, it feels almost like reflexive, like it's a habit where it's like, oh, Shark Week, I just put it on half the time. I'm just so checked out.
Speaker 3: Oh that's so.
Speaker 1: It's so this is like these are some of the specials out there airing Belly of the Beast, Bigger and Bloodier Jaws Versus Leviathan, mak O Zilla, Sydney Harbor, Shark Invasion, Big Shark Energy, Shark Frenzy, Mating Games, Great White serial Killers, See of Blood, Deadliest Bite. Half of these things just sound like the same show, but you're just giving it a different title. That's six thousand Pounds, Shark Monster, Hot, Hammerheads, Species X.
Speaker 3: This does explain why this motherfucker thought AI could write original television.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because this is all There's also one called The Real Sharkano sharka. Yeah, what I mean, the Real Shark? Was there a Sharkane?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Never never. That's what Shark Week should. They should lean into Shark Week being entertainment. Make give us shark movies, give us like shark TV shows do like documentaries about Jael's and I know they probably do that, but like the actual like learning about sharks and all this type of thing, It's like, how much more can we fucking learn? Like they not changing?
Speaker 1: No, now, you're just like it's basically watch Sharks ship up week. Yeah, you know, and that's fine.
Speaker 2: And then if that's what you're gonna do, lean into that ship. I want to like do the reality show where you put a motherfucker who can't swim in the ocean and be like, try to get away from the shark. Like I watched that shy.
Speaker 1: Could johnsona knock out a shark?
Speaker 2: Bro just like tie the shark up and let Johnson to take his hardest fucking punch and attitude adjust them and seeing what the shark would do.
Speaker 1: Like watch that ship speculating about giving sharks cocaine, you might as well just do like a fucking hell in a cell match with a show ark.
Speaker 2: Seriously, give a shark a pound a weed and see what it does.
Speaker 3: Or how much genetic engineering would it takes to make a street shark for real?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and it wears cut off geene shorts. Yeah, and a skateboard.
Speaker 2: Make a show with like like what do you call it? When like things that aren't usually like human like act as human amphobic and what's that word? Give me some antipomorphic sharks and some antipomorphic jets and like let's see them fight.
Speaker 1: I want to see west Side, Sorry.
Speaker 2: Seriously, I want to see some dope ship like dancing, can dance?
Speaker 7: Give me?
Speaker 2: Give me a Shark that's up here with the.
Speaker 1: Sharks singer you better hit that choreo great White you better that five six, seven eight. Well, Andrew T Jackie, thank you so much for joining me today. Andrew, where do the people find you? Follow you? Listen to you? And what is a tweet or other work of media that you're enjoying?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Why do the podcast? You know it's as racist. And we have a premium section called Suboptimal Pods. And we just launched a new show with me and some people might know Jessica Gao. She created Sheehall. She's very funny. But we are doing a low low I can't stress this enough, low stakes who can make most money gambling challenge. We're calling it the Gallumbler. It's so far. It's me playing ten cent poker versus her scratch off tickets. We just recorded the first episode and there I might not win. I should win, but I might not see it only takes one good ticket to really blow my ten said poker out of the window.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, oh yeah, you got your sweet Okay.
Speaker 3: It's almost certainly been a ride out on the show. But because I never pay attention, it's new to me. The jazz fusion Minoru moroaka. I'm assuming you're a fan, but it's it's sort of like jazz fusion with a lot of traditional Japanese instruments. Oh, it's the kind of music that you like, you listen to to the album. The album we listened to is called Bamboo from late seventies, and it's the kind of thing where you're like, oh, if this dude didn't exist, the riza would just be deleted from the timeline. Like it's just completely like, oh right, bamboo flutes and like jazz fusion standards.
Speaker 1: It's great. Oh, I love that. Jackie's Neil, thank you so much for helping me host today. Where do the people find you, follow you, support you? And what is a tweet that you like? Oh?
Speaker 2: You can always find me in these streets, baby, But I am. I'm round in the corner. I'm on my way home. I'm on my way home. Okay, just letting you know at Jackie's Neil on everything, you know, the Comedian Fuse show that I run is going to be We're on a hiatus right now, but when we come back is going to be kickstarting a pretty dope year of growth for the show, so we have been forced to create an Instagram account for it. So go follow that comedian feud boom. We're gonna do some do some dope shit over the next year, not only here in LA but in other places as well, so be ready for that. Okay, and then uh yeah, baby, that's about it. Uh, nothing nothing crazy to report as far as new ship too to uh that you can watch. You know, we got some commercials that might be airing pretty soon you can watch.
Speaker 1: So okay.
Speaker 2: And then as the year goes on, don't pay for the ads, baby, And then as the year goes on, there will be some more ship to talk about.
Speaker 1: Any media tweets that.
Speaker 2: You like, yes, so on Twitter?
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: You know the Kurt Angle meme, the meme where he's like just kind of looking, you know, with the smirk on his face and the eyes and things like that. You know the meme I'm talking about?
Speaker 1: Which one is?
Speaker 2: Is uh that meme?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah? Angles?
Speaker 2: The kurd Angle. Kurt Angle is a former wrestler medalist and everything like that. If you don't know the kurd Angle meme as you're if you're listening to this, go look it up. It's very popular and see how people are using it, and then this will probably be funnier to you. But Kurt Angle used that meme and captioned it the face I make when I ask my wife for some Hoctua time. And then hashtag is true and then right under it is this post has been deleted, and Kurt Ankle quote tweeted it your Olympic hero is in the doghouse right now. It was funny, so he wrote that tweet that his wife was like, delete that ship. Kurt Angle is one of the funniest like pro wrestlers, like of all time, and it's so funny. But that shit, that shit killed me. Uh, this post has been deleted. Makes so many tweets that much funny to deleted tweets or the lifeblood of the Internet. For sure, some tweets I'm liking, let's see where is it?
Speaker 1: Where is it? Where is it? First one at at Exhaust Exhaust Data tweeted saying furglicious when I mean kafka esque, And then at sv Carbo Halic tweeted, and this is for all my footy fans out there. You know, France just crashed out of the Euros at the hands of Spain. Rather defeat of Spain, Lamina mal became one of the young actually the youngest scorer in the Euros. Shout out to him. But at SB Carboholic tweeted, please don't be putting killing in Bape's name next to tierran Ree. Anyone who watched both will tell you who was comfortably the better footballer. And I stand on that. We all know tyran Ree is the greatest French striker. But look, Killian Popey, oh you got time, you got time.
Speaker 3: I thought you were going to say the tweet that was like, don't heavy the France can't expect the left wing to save him twice in one.
Speaker 1: Year for one week? Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, no, oh that's amazing. I did not see that. Yeah, you hate to see it, folks, But hey, uh, Killian, you did get them a World Cup, so you're still in it. You're still in it.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 1: You can find me at Miles of Great on Twitter and Instagram. You can find Jack and I on our basketball podcast Miles and jacket Man Boosties. You can find me talking ninety Dance on four to twenty d Fiance with Sophia Alexandra, and you can find us at Daily Zeitgeist on Twitter at the Daily zeit Guys on Instagram. We got a Facebook fan page, a website, Daily Zeitguys dot com. Re post our episodes in our foot notes note thank you, and that's where we also find the song that we write out on. I want to go out on one of my my favorite like sort of new jazz kind of guitar players from the UK, Tom Mish m I s C eight love Tom Mish. Tom Mish is dope. He has a great voice, he's so fun gets smooth. Whenever you hear a Tom Mish track, you're like, oh, he's got a new single out. It's called Cinnamon Curls. So this one out, This is from Tom Mish. Please enjoy and get your weekends just slowly started with this fantastic track from Tom Mish. That's gonna do it for us today. The Daily sit Case is a production of I Heart Radio. So for more podcasts, got i Heeartradio app, Apple podcasts wherever you get your shits for free. We'll be back later to tell you what's trending, and I'll do it for now.
Speaker 7: Peace