Speaker 1: All right, We're good.
Speaker 2: You like go.
Speaker 1: Busting with the Boss, hanging with the.
Speaker 3: Betting on the game.
Speaker 4: No woman's gonna tell us.
Speaker 5: What not be.
Speaker 6: We're here.
Speaker 4: Just drinking beer and making nao, Baby, I'm hanging with the Fellers, Busting with the boys.
Speaker 2: Bro Hello, Busting with the Boys Listeners, this is episode three fourteen of Busting with the Boys. We're your host will Content and Taylor of One and this podcast is presented by the Chevy Silverado. The trail Boss is the truck that's built for big weekends, so of course it's the only truck we trust for the bugat weekend in sports. We're in New Orleans for the Big Game festivities and we're doing it all in the Silverado Trail Boss. If you're following on Instagram or Twitter, you've already seen it, the custom Busting with the Boys trail Boss. That thing is awesome. And you know they've got a saying down there and no La tailor. You know what that's saying is let the good times roll.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: Well, in our trail Boss, we've got the good times rolling on seven twenty one our Z seventy one suspension with a two inch lift, good to know in case we find ourselves in the swamp the schilts. The Silverado Trail Boss has top tier power with four hundred and ninety five pound feet of available torque paired with all the latest tech. So whether you're tailgating or high tailing up a mountain for a ski weekend with the fellas, whether you're going on an impromptwo road trip, an impromptuo off road trip, or a little detour down to the Big Easy, the Silverado Trail Boss is the truck that says no to nothing every weekend. Learn more about the Silverado Trail Boss at Chevy dot com. Ever lay together, Let's drive.
Speaker 3: Together, Let's drive What a beautiful I thought you were like putting the mic down, like we're finished. Beautiful time to be in New Orleans, dude. It's like seventy five degrees all week long, big game right by Bourbon Street. Everyone's having a good time. We got the barstool, guys hanging out the birthplace of Jazz, the birthplace allegedly the birthplace of Jazz. I don't think it is, though, Mississippi Delta Cha GPT told me I took a class. Shout out Bruce com Forth, my teacher. He asked me not to take the class. I don't think it is. I think it's like a common misconception. And what do you think is the Mississippi Delta.
Speaker 2: See, look, the birthplace of jazz is wildly recognized as New Orleans.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, but I feel like Bruce com Forth, my blues teacher at Michigan, ship on that and he was like, a lot of people think it's this, but it's actually the Mississippi Delta. Robert Johnson he sold to sold the Devil at the cross Roads, those types of things, right crossroads. Uh, sure, Motown's Memphis. No, I could tell that that was Motown Records isn't Memphis. I'll say this, listen, this is not a history podcast. This is a sports podcast. Our guest today, we're the two stars, the hosts, a part of my tape, the sports podcast in the world, just absolutely gracing them with our presence. Hey, if you want to be in the intro, you can go ahead and sit here. That is that Detroit. That was a crazy mess. It was a crazy mess.
Speaker 2: Big cats here fun fact Motown is in Detroit. Cat GPT is correctt.
Speaker 3: GBT, Yes, but dude, great podcasts A lot of fun, some some good bro time, talking a little bit of ball, talking about the p m T how they started, when they got to PFT and Big Cat, the way they met absolutely beautiful.
Speaker 2: I do feel like we got into some good storytelling, Yes do you think so, Bigcat. I feel like we got into some good depths of the origin story of both Big Cat and PFT finding a pardon my take the surgeons of that while they're in the company and you are a younger company that just got acquired by Penn at the time, or churnin my.
Speaker 3: Fault, taking the leap of jumping into the podcast as quickly as they did once PFT got to New York. Just a crazy thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how Busting with the Boys can still can still try to succeed outside of Barsols Sports by following everything that they do. Yep, we'll just have to drop our episodes a day later. But a lot of good stuff, a lot of good stories. If you are in New Orleans this week, highly recommend what is it the Acmeat Oyster House. A lot of meat on those oysters, a very good oysters.
Speaker 3: So one place will is eaton as we've been here. We got here at ten o'clock today.
Speaker 2: Are you more of a raw or chargrilled oysters?
Speaker 3: I am more of a chargrold guy. I do like oysters. It's not my favorite thing in the world. Like I see the way you sell you and J Pece salivate over it. I like a char char boiled. This is called trouble char grilled, char grilled, charboiled whatever. Rockefeller style. I like a little I like a little bit of parmesan on there, some herbs, some butter. That's what I like on.
Speaker 2: My You like a little Southern mix in your.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like some fixings on top of my oysters.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying, the whole fixing thing. And that's why I like the raw, because I feel like you have a variety of things that you can do with said oyster versus just having it one style.
Speaker 3: And I love your heads it. Let me take you a little bit further. I like to get my charuboil oysters to already have fiixins on them, and I think, take more fixins and I put those fix on the top.
Speaker 2: All Right, we got an episode out that I think you'll love and enjoy with parton my take, and we will kick that off right after this ad.
Speaker 3: Read right after we're gonna do it. I read right after it's been five minutes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think you can jump into I think everybody's exciting.
Speaker 3: To be honest with you, I'm nervous to read this ad in front of big cat.
Speaker 2: You think so hey, you can't do it on that it's the one on the screen.
Speaker 3: Gosh, that's a bigger one. That's a big one.
Speaker 2: You don't read the screen.
Speaker 3: No, I can't read this. I can't see it.
Speaker 2: Come on, dude, you gotta read the screen. You do it every week on the bus.
Speaker 3: My eyes are getting worse. Dude, you're getting worse.
Speaker 2: You do it every week on the bus.
Speaker 1: This is the first word. Is that the word that you're worried about?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, just reading in general public and then my eyes have gotten worse. Uh were.
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 3: We don't have this episode to bring you Draft Kings. This ain't the little itty bitty teemy tiny Bowl. This is Super Bowl l I X. I give the action.
Speaker 5: L XI excamation, Dude, I told you you know what the l I X is fifty nine.
Speaker 1: Okay, there we go.
Speaker 3: Just say yeah, But I think it's fun to say the thing sometimes get the action at Draft Kings sports Book and official sports betting partner of Super Bowl fifty nine. Score touch The scoring touchdowns is key to hoisting the Vince Lombardi Trophy, and you have a shot to score big by betting on them at Drafting Sportsbook, the number one place to bet touchdowns. Ready to place your first bet, try betting on something simple like a player to score six. Go to Draftking Sportsbook app and make your pick. New Draftking customers can bet five dollars to get two hundred and bonus bets instantly. Download the Draftking Sportsbook app. Use code bus that's code bus b us for new customers to get two hundred dollars in bonus bets instantly when you bet just five bucks only at DraftKings Sportsbook. The crown is yours. The podcast let's see it, it's the eyes, it's the Odyes. Thank you, guys. I appreciate you being there for that. I appreciate you making it all nice. Did you like that? L I X I oh see the episode We're rolling now? It's good you Big was.
Speaker 2: Our was our first Super Bowl episode last year and the audio was just weren't on.
Speaker 3: It was insane who was the guy who's the audio guy that did that.
Speaker 2: We don't we don't want.
Speaker 3: You, but like that was a really bad fuck up. Dude.
Speaker 6: Look the jps here we had a sound guy Scottsdale that I think he screwed up the audio of the post Eagles chief super Bowl where Max was like super super sad and it just disappeared. And I think was it the handka to spend that's that's the luxury where me and a big catterat where now like show is over like that and there's a big, big fuck up. We're just like, well, at least we don't have to do ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And then you said you're like, all right, we're never going to get a contractor in this remote location again, Well we do.
Speaker 5: We do sound guys every time we do these trips, and it's funny because they just become like part of our show for an entire week. This week we have a guy named Ian who was wearing he was wearing a legit trained doctor hat.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't know what was going on.
Speaker 3: He wasn't just put it on just but.
Speaker 1: We got some yeah, weird guys.
Speaker 5: There was that guy in Houston who was like like where do you live He's like, I live in the woods.
Speaker 1: Like, okay, it was like one hundred and two degrees.
Speaker 6: He was wearing black jeans, long sleeved black shirt every day, same outfit, and he just went home to the woods.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And there was that other guy who laughed at all of our jokes, and we're like, we want to keep.
Speaker 1: This guy right.
Speaker 5: He would literally like laugh out loud, which you're I don't think you're supposed to do his sound.
Speaker 1: Well, we're recorded, but it adds a nice elbow. Is sick jokes anymore?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Because you listen to like two Bears or any of those comedic podcasts and you hear the laughing in the background, it's like, oh yeah, brings the show to life a little.
Speaker 6: Have you ever tried to watch an episode of Friends without the laugh track?
Speaker 1: On? No very depressive?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I did see.
Speaker 3: I did see a clip on Instagram the other day of like it was a scene of Friends with Ross, but they edited out all the characters so it was like ross Es schizophrenia. It was hilarious. There was no laugh track.
Speaker 1: What with these mics that we were holding.
Speaker 5: We're just trying to see if we have like feats of strength something because I'm it's wait.
Speaker 2: Dude, twenty five, you show up and would you show up?
Speaker 1: You can get traded for being fat? Now do you guys know about Luca?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we heard about Luca. We heard about the Luca trade. I saw that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't know, like JJ wasn't told ahead of time. Do they respect JJ enough?
Speaker 2: Do they respect any of those guys enough? Didn't wouldn't Jason Kidds just sitting at the podium. Yeah, I didn't care about any of it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I was sad he was just sitting there with a thousand yards stare. Why was he even there? But the GM made this crazy deal and then he just had Jason Kidds sitting next to him, like, if you have any questions for Jason, feel free, you know, chime in. And Jason was like, you, dude, you you ruined my life.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Or Jason might have just wanted to sit there and be like, I have to sit on this so people know I had nothing to do with it.
Speaker 6: Have you ever seen those those like press conferences that people do if they get caught doing something like really fucked up cheating on their wife, and they bring their wife with them and have them sit there. Oh yeah, that's what this was with Jason Kidd.
Speaker 5: Kobe had got the big ring. Yeah, you got it, like the biggest ring ever for Vanessa.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Gregor's wife was next to him during the lawsuit. Yeah, walking everywhere around.
Speaker 3: What a rider die for that?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah is that Robbie Fox. That is tough. I mean Tiger had to do.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Tiger had to do a press conference being like, I love sex, what are you gonna do?
Speaker 1: I think his mom was at that one. I think so, Yeah, his mom was. He's like, mom, you know me?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well yeah, morning. Uh love having you guys on. I was texting with you guys last week. It wouldn't feel right if we went five years and didn't have the actual part of my take both of you together. Yeah, big cat, we've had one who completely botched audio pft still yet to ever even be on.
Speaker 5: The Also, I was on the bus in Tennessee when you guys tried to smoke us out.
Speaker 1: It's like a thousand degrees. Brandon literally got a migraine from it.
Speaker 3: That was on the gravel right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, that was those early days.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I am a little bit disappointed that I will never be on the bus. I've always wanted to do a podcast inside a moving vehicle. It's been my dream, and unfortunately it's very fun. I'll never get there doesn't even move.
Speaker 2: I hate to let you down. It's not it doesn't move.
Speaker 6: Yeah, oh really, well yeah we could tell it though.
Speaker 1: I mean, Vanny. Vanny's gonna be back soon.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you guys got to watch out in a big way.
Speaker 5: Danny's gonna Vanny's getting refurbished Vann. He's gonna be able to it. Was it was dead, so Vanny. We bought Vanny was it seven years ago? First five hundred bucks. Uh, did a bunch of stuff out of it, did interviews, did Grit Week, and then I kept on paying the car insurance and it was just like this is stupid. We're never using it doesn't work anymore. So we told Billy to scrap Vanny. We're like taking the scrap yard. Here's the title, turn it in. He's like, got it, got it, got it. He's like, all right, all done, Title's done. You don't have to pay insurance anymore. And then two years past and Billy hit us up and was like, hey, what do you guys want me to do with Vanny, Like, what do you.
Speaker 1: Mean you said you scrapped it? He's like, yeah, I didn't. I just I just kept it.
Speaker 3: He just.
Speaker 6: He essentially, I mean he found a parking spot for it that it sat there unbothered for a couple of years. So as far as I'm turned, like, good job.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: It's basically like what when they do, like a movie or a show does a lazy thing where they kill off a main character and then their twin brother shows up. That's what happened with Van. Actually it's not dead. So yeah, we're gonna get Vanny back on the road.
Speaker 2: How long was Vanny? How long was Vanny alive before he was dead?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: How often did you guys?
Speaker 1: We used it?
Speaker 2: I remember Bo went on that right, but went on.
Speaker 5: We went to Youngstown for a Bacie tournament. We went and interviewed JJ watt and Wisconsin blew Attire. After that we went to the tournament draft and then actually go ahead, Yeah, we went to danny Woodhead. We got we went to the draft. Driving back from the draft and Philly got pulled over. Only time it's ever worked. Cop was just like he came up to us and was just like oh fuck, it's you guys. And he's like, all right, just be safe, Like, okay, you pulled over. I think none of the tail lights were on. I mean, yeah, it's not very safe. There was a hole in the floor of Vannie, so when you're driving on the highway you could just see I was like in the middle area. We also, we were driving once back from Youngstown. All four tires blew out at the exact same time, going seventy miles.
Speaker 1: No way.
Speaker 5: It turns out when you buy a van for five hundred dollars, that's what you're you're gonna have some problem.
Speaker 3: But did you guys drive yourself or did you have it sent places?
Speaker 1: No, we drove it. We all got in there and drove it. Well, big Cat drove it.
Speaker 6: Big Cat has an issue with anybody else.
Speaker 1: I like to drive. Yeah, the driver get carsick.
Speaker 6: The first trip we ever took on the I think it was the r V, it was like, I'd like to drive.
Speaker 1: Big Cat was just like what I get car?
Speaker 6: I drive?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I was like oh okay, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm kind of like, you know, women's equal rights, like my wife will split.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, your your wife will drive you around?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Not you right, Yeah, I think my wife is driven me one time and then.
Speaker 2: Eight years have been married, right, Taylor.
Speaker 3: I kind of actually I kind of wish like that because I get Taylor.
Speaker 2: I would love to be when you were you were, you were the mail and happens all right, I know anything.
Speaker 1: The one hundred and forty million, you got, that's because it's.
Speaker 2: Anytime we do get in the car, I know I'm good because I know he'll drive.
Speaker 3: I love driving. I do.
Speaker 2: And my wife too, I mean, you know, yeah, she's like, all right, I'm driving this time because you gotta deal with the kids in the back.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: That sucks. Yeah, that does suck. When you're driving with kids. You can just be like I'm driving, Yeah, Like I gotta.
Speaker 3: Focus on space.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: We went to thirty eight. We did the whole drive from Nashville. There was like eight hours and that's the whole time talent was out there working with the kids, and I'm like, I gotta focus, Onta, I gotta focus right here, save for this family safe the entire time. I'm actually doing most of the work.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, exactly, Like you're the hero there. Speaking of the one hundred and forty million, have these guys like spent any of it? Is it like good Fellas where you know JP one comes in with a mink coat and you're like, guys, the deal hasn't even done.
Speaker 3: Yeah, back, deal hasn't even started.
Speaker 1: Back you got to go back to which was JP one?
Speaker 3: That's JP one? What's JP two?
Speaker 1: Just right down the wad?
Speaker 5: And then there's Shirm who you gotta watch out for sure, there's no doubt about it. Sam thinks he's a little bit of a star. Doesn't follow me back, which is just a total funk you to me. I followed him really? Yeah, yeah, he's sure.
Speaker 3: I think it's had a million follows.
Speaker 1: Sure thinks that he's he's next up.
Speaker 5: He is going to watch out for he's looking, he's looking. He's like, oh well, Taylor's got a lot of injuries. It might be me sitting in that bust with Will.
Speaker 3: Is that true? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I like your stuff.
Speaker 3: Speaking of spending money, and before this deal was even done anything deal? Sure?
Speaker 2: You know a deal?
Speaker 1: Are the NFL contract?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: We were.
Speaker 3: So we were at the shop and Sham doesn't lift far away and he talked to our shoves really small and Sherman was talking about getting a communal what moped for the shop?
Speaker 2: Yeah, scooter, like a motorized scooter.
Speaker 3: It's like, sure, we don't like there's literally you walk ten steps at the end of the shop, right, that's all you. It'd be great, but the guys morale.
Speaker 1: Knowing that you take, guys can give you advice watching missing with Yeah, I listen. If we did truth here and with all the jps, that'd be like, sure's problem because to show up. Yeah, we're just gonna basically try.
Speaker 3: To create because that's a well known fashion.
Speaker 1: I think you can do it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think they're keeping you down.
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, how much they painting?
Speaker 3: Sure enough?
Speaker 1: What about to keep him quiet enough? Okay, interesting, we'll give me a call. Well, once you follow me, you can d m me.
Speaker 3: Literally, as soon as this whole split up between barcelonas happened, Shirm's gonna come and be like, hey, I'm going to if there was like was.
Speaker 2: The one too he was ready to give Jackie's like I'm gonna give jack that Chevy Silverado. Yeah, you're just kicking our guys off.
Speaker 5: One in my when you guys, uh completely screwed over Jack and didn't give a Chevy Silverado, which justice for Jack? That was bullshit, that's I was. There was a moment there was like there was a twenty minute moment where I was like, I might just buy Jack a Chevy Silverado. Big dick these guys, and I was like, wait, that's not that funny for like seventy thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: But there was a moment where I was like.
Speaker 3: This would have been the ultimate. It would have been the ultimate.
Speaker 5: F Then I was like, maybe I'll just random one, and it's like that's not funny. So you know, they deserve you deserve a Chevy silver I would get you on, Yeah, I would if he still worked still worked.
Speaker 1: At I'm you have two trucks?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah.
Speaker 6: I wish that there was like an account that, you know, there was to follow NBA players and let you know, like who they're following now online. I wish that there was one that did that for podcasts or like sum now follows and then everybody's like, what does this means?
Speaker 1: Not happening, that's happening.
Speaker 6: What was the account that Kuzma followed?
Speaker 1: What was her name?
Speaker 3: Damn?
Speaker 1: You know it was even better than that, So what is what is this?
Speaker 3: This account that says who follows who? Because said you know that the account, and I said yes, but I truly actually have no idea.
Speaker 6: They just like follow NBA players and every time they've got like a bot written for it, and every time an NBA player follows somebody new, they put out a post like this person just followed this person.
Speaker 2: Sometimes it happened to in the NFL with like if a trade might happen, Like when a j was unfollowing the Titans. Unfollowing the Titans, He's officially unfollowed the Titans. Yes, did you guys ever shopping you ever?
Speaker 3: Never the unfollowed? Never to the delete posts of all the things you follow?
Speaker 6: Barstool, what's that whatever?
Speaker 3: Will?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: When I was, I came up, we got to keep our creativity alive and going yeah takes doing, Yeah, they got a vandage.
Speaker 1: Should yeah we should block them.
Speaker 2: I don't whatever washing. Whenever Washington unfollowed, I was pretty heartbroken.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah when they told you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, whenever I went to the Titans like they they unfollow me, and I was like, oh sad boy for a little bit exactly, like I'm still cool with everybody over there. You know, you still support the boys though, right, yeah, yeah, I'm not like uh you know, I'm not. I'm not like with Washington the vyum with Nebraska.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 6: With Washington they win some games every now and again.
Speaker 1: Or what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: The difference is Washington they win some games.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now they're in the driver's sea.
Speaker 1: Ye. Are we worried about Rayel looking a little pudgy.
Speaker 2: No, that's I think he goes better with wat.
Speaker 3: You saw them getting Pat Mahomes ship for me having a dad bod.
Speaker 5: I understand that's the three Mahomes. You can have a dad body when you have three Super Bowls and follow me.
Speaker 2: Rail is gonna be nice. Rail is gonna be nice.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm just saying.
Speaker 2: And number one transfer class in the Big ten.
Speaker 3: I know you saw that's not according to HU three. We had this conversation on the plane.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but we don't have to get into it on threes, like only compassing transfers who also left twenty four to seven is just your transfer class that comes in there.
Speaker 3: So wouldn't the argument be all encompassing them.
Speaker 1: No, it's very simple. You go, what.
Speaker 6: Wisconsin give ranking.
Speaker 3: Wisconsin's like fifteenth deal. What are you guys dealing with It's just no, We're.
Speaker 6: Just we're going.
Speaker 5: We just they keep scheduling the hardest schedule in the world. Everyone name a team we play it. Oregon, yes, Alabama, yes, Michigan, yes, yes, it's it's the hardest schedule.
Speaker 3: He has have too many whites. Like, whites are definitely making a comeback in football, but not this.
Speaker 2: Big of a We interrupt this episode to bring you a rocks On. Let's talk about the elephant in the room, erectile dysfunction. One in four men eighteen years older experience ED, which means that you were someone close to you might be experiencing it too. Yeah, that's why I want to tell you about this new D treatment, Jill A.
Speaker 3: Rocks On.
Speaker 2: It's the first ED treatment jail with clinically proven results that you can get over the counter. And while it may not work for everyone, study showed success and overseas sixty percent of men. The best part, no prescriptions or online questionnaires needed. Why wait? Try rox On today, available in stores and online. Just visit a rock so on dot us to learn more. That's e r O x O n dot us to learn more. Back to the episode, do you think we who would be on like the all white team if we did like football fell?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Do you think that they would beat the all black thing?
Speaker 1: I don't know. We'd have to do. We have enough time. How long does this podcast go?
Speaker 3: As long as you want to be something a great original idea?
Speaker 6: Who starts at at quarterback? We're going to Josh or Joe?
Speaker 2: I think, yeahsh either one.
Speaker 5: You let him battle it out for a couple We got a problem though, with cornerbacks. We got Cooper Dejean. I don't think we have problems Ethan Bonner, Ethan Bonner. And then who's our edge Rusher's gonna be TJ?
Speaker 2: You got Max.
Speaker 3: Hutchinson.
Speaker 1: Okay, what about wide receivers?
Speaker 3: Lad, the confis definitely in there.
Speaker 6: We got We're just we're just.
Speaker 3: It's a good break.
Speaker 1: We're not running back running back is.
Speaker 6: I don't know. I'm going to leave that up to him.
Speaker 3: I think we definitely can claim him.
Speaker 1: Yeah you can.
Speaker 6: I don't feel comfortable claiming people really.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, I think yeah, what we do for running back? I don't know. Yeah, but I don't know. I don't know. You're retired, No, he's not retired. Yeah, here's a question.
Speaker 3: We were talking about this before the show. Do you think who has a better career, Ashton Genty or scatter Bo.
Speaker 5: Probably Genty that I don't know, he's better.
Speaker 6: I mean, I I love watching Scatterbo. Feel like if he goes, if he goes to Denver, Sean Payton is going to be like Taysom Hill is back. Yeah, it's younger and he's might maybe not quite as good a passer, but this this kid is going to get the ball gives.
Speaker 3: You saw the giving aainst Texas.
Speaker 1: He had a great pass Ye.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Scatibo is good. I mean that all the there's so many running backs in this draft.
Speaker 3: Yeah. The thing too, the thing that got me on Scatabo because the Ashton Genty to me was like, obviously you have the best career of all of them. But then Scatabo and his pre his pregame press conference being like I'm gonna bury Texas, I'm gonna go go to work on them, basically giving all the Bolton bar material in the world and then actually doing it. Yeah actually, and then all of a sudden he started going crazy. He's throwing up a little bit little boot and rally.
Speaker 2: Damn do you guys ever have uh, do you ever feel real tension between the whole Jane Daniels.
Speaker 1: No, I can't.
Speaker 6: I don't really feel intention because I'm just too busy being happy.
Speaker 2: There were are there any days that you come in and you're kind of like, I'm not gonna say a whole lot because I you know, the work speaks for its.
Speaker 1: No, because I don't.
Speaker 6: I don't think about how big Cat thinks about my quarterback at all. I am. I love watching Jayde play and there's nothing that can like, I'm not gonna come and be like, man, maybe I shouldn't talk about Jaden as much because Big Cat's sad. No, I fucking love Jayden Daniels.
Speaker 1: He is the best.
Speaker 6: I've never had as much fun watching a quarterback as I have with Jaydon Daniels. Now, Big Cat might be upset that I that I'm so happy, No, but frankly I didn't care.
Speaker 5: I was for a little bit and then I just and Jane Daniels like I reached a point where I was just like, he's fun to watch and I can't really there's nothing you.
Speaker 1: Can do about it, you know what I mean?
Speaker 5: Like, like, I don't like when there's a lot of people like, oh, first read guy or this or that, it's like, oh, he's got a Cliff Kingsbury.
Speaker 1: It's like, dude, he's just good, you know.
Speaker 5: And hopefully Caleb Williams progressive because that's the other The one thing I will say is the Internet and this has nothing to do with Jadan Daniels, but the internet has shit on Caleb to a point where it's like if you if you pold people, you'd be like, he had a terrible season. It's like, no, he didn't. He had He had a pretty good season for a rookie. Given the fact that his OC got fired, his next OC became head coach. Three weeks later, his head coach got fired.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I think he's gonna be all.
Speaker 3: I because everyone said he's gonna be the greatest thing in the world.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there was a lot of hype. I mean that was years.
Speaker 5: People basically said he's gonna be Jada Dane two years. The two years thing always is tough. We just had Andrew luck on and we were talking to him about it. Like, when you're the number one, the consensus number one pick for two years running, people get exhausted of you, and they tear you down and they you know, Andrew Luck actually.
Speaker 1: Had a great answer. You're just like, no, I was that good.
Speaker 5: He's like, yeah, I earned that, And I was like, that's I want that answer, you know what I mean, Just like, no, I didn't even think about it because I knew I.
Speaker 1: Was that good.
Speaker 3: I wish he was still playing so bad. I know, actually I'm happy he's not.
Speaker 1: I'll put it this way.
Speaker 6: If somehow it started to interrupt, if they put Caleb back somehow into the draft for next year, knowing what we already know about Caleb, and for whatever reason they were like, no, Chicago Bears, you're not allowed to have this guy anymore. He's going back into the draft. He would go number one, Yeah, he would. He's better than Shador and Cam.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I guess it's like, yeah, you could say that.
Speaker 1: I think JJ McCarthy would probably go ahead of the JAB wrong. Yeah, probably, he probably didn't.
Speaker 3: He was in a tough spot.
Speaker 1: Imagine we literally played this scenario and he didn't go. Yeah, I actually think he's gonna be good. Jar.
Speaker 3: Think about JJ is like his season roller coaster, Like he gets hurt. Everyone's real sad, Oh, the Minnesota's gonna be really bad. Then Sam Donald goes off and they're going to keep Sam. Jj, you probably get traded, and then the playoffs happened and Sam ships the bed like.
Speaker 1: That were never going to keep saying. I mean they were maybe gonna franchise.
Speaker 3: Legit conversations going on.
Speaker 1: They were never.
Speaker 6: I think if he if he had beaten the lines, if he had won his opening round playoffs, if he had like lit it up in the playoffs, I think they would give him a contract.
Speaker 1: I think they would have franchised.
Speaker 6: How do you walk away from that?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you have a cheat code with JJ McCarthy on a rookie deal, like you can make your team so much better.
Speaker 3: But if you have that good of a record and then you go to JJ Sam.
Speaker 5: You franchise tame do it again, because it's like the Daniel Jones DANL. Jones had one good year and then they're like, oh, this is gonna be this is the year that he figured it out. No, he had a you know, a year that was outside of what his normal was.
Speaker 2: If you guys, if the Bears got the redraft from this last class, do you still want Caleb over Jayden.
Speaker 5: No, you'd probably take Jane. I mean, I still believe in Caleb, but I mean Jayden was incredible this year.
Speaker 3: Incredible.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm curious I can't fight anymore.
Speaker 3: He was.
Speaker 1: He went to the NFC Championship ifty.
Speaker 3: Did you get a little nervous though that the last time the Washington team had that rookie? That's not mean, that's actually I mean it mean.
Speaker 6: It's mean because obviously I get very nervous about it all the time. I live every yame. Every time he gets tackled, I'm I say fuck every time somebody hits him. And there he takes some hits where it seems like his knee is gonna break, like he got hit by the Falcons one time, just bent over his leg and I was like, well, there goes my happiness.
Speaker 3: I got it.
Speaker 6: I got another like solid fifteen weeks end this season.
Speaker 1: Who's running this, by the way, sure sure we didn't know who rg thie was?
Speaker 3: Mike Doggery.
Speaker 6: Yeah, talking about of course, I get very nervous all the time with him all the time, because if you get one bad hit, it can it can screw everything up. But I think I think the way that he plays is a little bit different from Robert. I think that his rookie year already way better as a pocket passer. So when he runs, yes, he takes big shots. That makes me very scared.
Speaker 3: But even when he runs like he'll take big shots, but there's other times where he can tell it's over where Argie threw trying to try to dive, he just kind of gets down. Yeah, he's smarter about it. Seems like he's a little smarter about his mortality.
Speaker 1: So let me ask you.
Speaker 6: This will especially because as a linebacker you can't really hit quarterbacks right. But Lamar Jackson does this and Jayden does this too. Instead of sliding, sometimes they like dive at the legs of the linebackers, like head first, shoulder first. I feel like that's a very smart move because it's like you're not going to absorb that hit where you're sliding, your head's close to the ground, you get like one little deflection and bounces off the turf. As a quarterback, I feel like the dive at the defenders legs is a better move.
Speaker 2: I honestly agree. And I guess my thought is is like when did did quarterbacks fumble the ball all the time before, Like, you know, if Lamar and Jane are kind of normalizing diving forward, isn't that the whole risk of like why guys don't dive in the first place. And I have no basis on that other than I don't remember quarterbacks fumbling a lot when they were diving, except for outside of when you're playing mad and you seem to always smumble when you dive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, every time.
Speaker 6: There was There was one play where RG three was he was diving forward, I think it was his second year, and he just dove forward and then just left the ball on the ground back to the huddle and the other team just picked it up like that, and RG three was like, yeah, that's a sucky rule until he like blamed the rule afterwards and then they changed it.
Speaker 1: That was the old Plasko, right. Was he the first to do it?
Speaker 3: Did he just drop the ball?
Speaker 5: I want to say, went down and just just dropped it because he's like, it's over by the way, it was.
Speaker 1: Mis Thick Overload was who Kyle Kuzma followed.
Speaker 7: And there's like Kyle Kuzma's now following mis Thick Overload, and then everyone retweeted, and then he and the it was like four hours later, like Kyle Kuzma has unfollowed mis thick over.
Speaker 3: That's so tough, y.
Speaker 2: Know, how sick was it when you guys uh had your appears on Hard Knocks, We're with You, with You out of Camp Barstool?
Speaker 5: That was very you remember though, I'm I'm so paranoid that like any media outside of like Barstool is gonna just like rip us somehow, because we've been burned so many times. So I was just like they're like, oh, yeah, we want to put you in there, and I'm like, oh, they're gonna be like here it goes. They're just it's it's not like burned. It's just gonna be like they're not gonna say, oh, pardon my take. They're gonna be like in the controversial you know blog Barstool Sports, right like the world outside of your Yeah, cause we've had that a million times where it's like someone will come and be like, oh, I want to do a piece on you guys, and it's just all hip piece.
Speaker 2: I feel like it's kind of turned for you guys, Like between that you guys being on the the Nickelodeon when we were streaming.
Speaker 1: I was crazy.
Speaker 3: Ask you about that.
Speaker 1: They had no idea, So you're just watching the game and all of a sudden we were like, what the fuck it was.
Speaker 6: Adam Scheffer's soner Too, had introduced us. That would be funny if she was like and problematic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that was crazy. That was awesome.
Speaker 3: What if all the things you guys have been doing this for so long? What is like the coolest thing? You guys were like, holy shit, look.
Speaker 1: At that good question. Been doing this?
Speaker 5: I think probably anytime, like the like the Spotify thing that happened last week where I don't know if you guys saw they gave Spotify is doing like plaques now, So they did Joe Rogan and like a try crime podcast had like five hundred million downloads and then we get a silver plat because we're like two hundred and fifteen. It was like us and like three other crime podcasts. Those moments are always like holy shit, like that's very crazy and.
Speaker 3: That's big time.
Speaker 2: You guys have lived in that Spotify top three for I mean as long as I can remember.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's been We've been pretty fortunate.
Speaker 6: I was gonna say, maybe the cool thing is at the at the start of the football season this year. I think it was opening Sunday. I wake up in the morning and I have a text on my phone. It's sent to me in Big Cat from Chris Berman. Yeah, just wishing us a happy start to the regulation. Yeah, like enjoy this boys picks off today. And I'm like, wait, Chris, like the guy I used to tune in and watch every Sunday morning, is like reaching out and personally welcoming me to the twenty twenty four NFL season.
Speaker 3: That is awesome.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's like like Boomer Like even Jerry O'Connell, who we interviewed, Jerry O'Connell. The first time we interviewed him, we just said yes because we we had like kind of a policy where it's like if the person, if it's in person, we'll just say yes and see how it goes. And like an interview like that, we're like, he doesn't know sports, he's just gonna talk about acting. And then he's become like a like institution in the fabric of like our little world.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we type of things are so cool.
Speaker 6: We tried to cancel that interview, yeah, the very first one. Yeah, because me and Big Cat love to cancel plans.
Speaker 1: It is. It's the most fun.
Speaker 6: And uh we finally got a booker that that would slip the cancel plans hold and shout out Kelly. She would like holdus accountable. And we told her like the morning of yeah, I don't really want to do this interview today, and she was like, you're doing this fucking interview. Yeah, I booked it, like okay, yes, ma'am. And Jerry came in and just blew us away. We're like, we love this guy, yeah, and yeah he's Jerry's a good guy.
Speaker 1: You guys don't like canceling plans.
Speaker 5: Best feeling when you like forget plans when you have like an interview where it's like, all right, I want to do this interview, but it's not like a I have to do this interview and it's like, oh, the person can't do it.
Speaker 1: Another hour of just doing nothing. I could do anything with this free hour.
Speaker 3: That one chair in the gambling cave.
Speaker 1: It's the same.
Speaker 5: It's the same thing of like trying to find a movie on a Friday night with your wife being like oh what are we getting there?
Speaker 1: Like, ah, fuck it, I don't want to.
Speaker 5: Watch a movie, and like you know, give up two hours, Let's just watch seven episodes of the Office, Like, oh, I don't have time to sit down and watch a movie. Let me just sit down for three and a half hours and watch South Carolina and Clubs.
Speaker 6: Like, who do you guys have scheduled for Friday of this week?
Speaker 3: Fridays we're leaving?
Speaker 1: Oh potentially, so that's it. We'll never see you again.
Speaker 3: That well, that's up to you.
Speaker 1: We're doing a four day work week. It's actually coming up to you, guys.
Speaker 3: That will be an open door policy.
Speaker 6: Then then tour stayed open planning program.
Speaker 2: There's some program going on Friday morning, and we might have an interview.
Speaker 3: Wait, because if it doesn't happen, it's I know, it may be.
Speaker 6: A big interview.
Speaker 3: So I mean, yeah, yeah, potentially.
Speaker 6: Bryson who Bryson, Oh, Bryson d Chambo? Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 2: Come on, who is that Bryon Chambo?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Come on, man, there.
Speaker 5: He is right there, bro Yeah yeah yeah, Bryce Shamba its bombs.
Speaker 1: Wait, So when does the deal actually end?
Speaker 2: The end of this month, the end of February. So so this is like the week of like the going away week. It feels like it's over after this week, but it's technically not over until the.
Speaker 1: End of February. Got it? And then what is going to change? Is anything going to change?
Speaker 2: Not really?
Speaker 6: No, Okay, it's like you got you're going from wearing the green dot to now coaching the team.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought about that. Yeah, do you get mad? Will has CEO of busting on his LinkedIn.
Speaker 3: Someone told me the other day too, Wills.
Speaker 5: Someone posted Will's uh, Will's uh, Like you see some of the bios in the list of things that he did in college, and it was like he put himself.
Speaker 1: He was like, you know, worked with clients and then parentheses beast.
Speaker 2: Something like parking the car.
Speaker 3: Linked in like a week ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Will Ceo. So nothing's gonna change.
Speaker 3: No, nothing is going to change.
Speaker 1: These guys all all good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're getting a pay raise the rocks after this conversation, but there's negotiations going on.
Speaker 6: You're they like that people get today?
Speaker 1: Did they buy you guys lunch?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I get you has coffees.
Speaker 1: No, he says no. You say yes, and he knows we get them lunch. Who brought the last catered lunch?
Speaker 2: You brought it to the show?
Speaker 3: Who did them some cat bagels last week.
Speaker 6: Think about us, think about us as we take care of our but we take care of I just I just dropped one hundred twenty bucks on lunch for all the boys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wow, because I believe in them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, we take care of her.
Speaker 6: We got five, Yeah, we get five guys. I had Smashburger the other day. Guy, have you had Smashburger? Smash Burger is really I think Smashburger's next up.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I go five guys in and out?
Speaker 3: We're doing this.
Speaker 1: I think in and out's over it.
Speaker 3: This is the first time.
Speaker 2: What we're just spitball.
Speaker 1: We're just talking.
Speaker 6: No, but you guys, have you have you had smashed five guys?
Speaker 1: Are you guys?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 6: I've never had smash Burger.
Speaker 3: No, there's a time.
Speaker 1: Very good.
Speaker 5: All right, So yeah, let's talk about burger. So I didn't in it out? Have you guys done this? I'm sorry if you guys don't. Yeah, Okay, In and out I mean I get in some weird energy here. In and out is the best burger. But the fries are.
Speaker 1: A little overright, I agree with all that.
Speaker 6: Okay, the fries at five guys are so good. And they give you so much of them. Yes, they fill up the bat.
Speaker 3: But the burger, we're talking about burger.
Speaker 1: We're just talking about We're talking about the burgers going out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it has to be I really thought about.
Speaker 6: I think five guys is better burger. They get all the toppings on there, the topics.
Speaker 3: That's what I remember the conversation a long time ago about this. But if you give me too many options for the burger, now that we have a problem because I get too excited about the options.
Speaker 1: And then we just know what you want. I need to be.
Speaker 3: Told how to have my burger. What was the other your little sub combinations? Yeah, and give me like four or five combinations. I'll pick one you like.
Speaker 6: Choke me out, Ronald McDonald will tell me what I want to tell me what I around on the lead?
Speaker 2: What was? Oh?
Speaker 5: Do you guys think that the NFL players would be better at NBA or the NBA players.
Speaker 3: Prepared for this podcast than he did.
Speaker 2: He couldn't wait.
Speaker 1: We told me he couldn't find us all the debates, I mean, sprinkle it.
Speaker 2: Just replay the hits.
Speaker 6: Yeah, offensive tackle, yeah, I think yeah, that seventy with your your your heaviest.
Speaker 3: Three sixteen, three sixteen the episode heaviest ever was what did that feel? So it was terrible? I was more like A, I mean three, I'll wait to three twelve. I got over three twelve.
Speaker 1: I was like, I gotta did you tell the story?
Speaker 5: It might have been someone else like saying like in college you had to wake up in the middle of the night to eat.
Speaker 3: Oh, yeah it was. That's brutal shots of olive oil. But Peter take at the alfredo pasta chicken.
Speaker 1: Oh, Lebron would be a great tight end. That's true in high school.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he did.
Speaker 2: When the football guys were at the game the other night and he's like standing next to him, that is like.
Speaker 1: A I don't think though.
Speaker 5: Tell me this. If you put Wemby he's seven what seven or something? Seven six wings, you put Wemby goal line package, he just takes one step and he throw it up to him. Who's defending that? But do you like the ball?
Speaker 1: That's pass interference?
Speaker 3: No? Not if he's on a defensive lineman. You say defense lineman, No.
Speaker 5: No, no, I'm taking he's tight end. He's out wide. He put him out wide. He's a wide receiver. All right, and he just takes a step and you just throw the ball up. He's got his hands go up to like ten feet that he can touch the rim, standing on his standing on.
Speaker 3: Two time basketball players are brought up in football. I think a Draymond Green in the spring game at Michigan State.
Speaker 1: What happened then?
Speaker 3: He didn't get bullied? He got bullied, He was out wide. He got hemmed up by someone. Waste.
Speaker 1: You don't think NBA guys could play I do not.
Speaker 6: Think what about the white guys in the NBA. If you were to make a team of all white NBA players playing football, yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't think quality basket a quality football team.
Speaker 3: We don't have this episode to bring you Kevin's Natural foods. If you haven't tried Kevin's astral foods, you're missing out. I love the cilantro slunchroal chicken. No over there, dude, slaunchal lime chicken. Dude. They have TARAAKEI chicken dude. The way they package this stuff, it's incredibly you in there.
Speaker 2: I promise you. The two heaters are actually displayed right here. It's a tie. It's a tied tie. Coconut chicken and the Korean barbecue style chicken. Thank you welcome. There's also an orange chicken. There's also General So's chicken.
Speaker 3: General So's is such a heater dude, and a piece of nostalgia. This podcast is actually birth over General SOA's Chicken. Yeah, and that beautiful. If you want delicious, protein paged meal on the table in five minutes, kevin Natural Foods heat and serve entries are perfect. These clean, nutritious meals taste like something you get at a restaurant. Kevin's entrees include fully cooked beef or chicken and incredible sauces, so all you need to do is heat and eat. Plus, they're free from refined sugar and gluten free, making them the perfect choice for anyone looking to feel without sacrificing flavor. Skip the greasy take out and grab Kevin's Natural Foods instead. It's a perfect meal time hack when you're too busy to cook and want healthy food. Honestly, it is faster than takeout too. Kick off twenty twenty five with Kevin's and make it your healthiest and tasty cre yet. Look for Kevin's Natural Foods in the refrigerated section at your local grocery store. Let's get back to this episode.
Speaker 1: Can you guys name ten NBA players? Don't use lebron steph.
Speaker 2: For KD No, Kevin Duran was gonna be my first.
Speaker 1: We got t Wall?
Speaker 3: Will is thinking play that play that clip of Raymond Green? Nice?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was huge. It was literally Luca Uh Joel embiid yeap that's three?
Speaker 3: Doesn't really the horny guy.
Speaker 2: I'm trying, Who's play for New Orleans? It's gone.
Speaker 3: Play for New Orleans?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 2: John Wall?
Speaker 1: Four?
Speaker 3: Is he still playing?
Speaker 1: I don't think he's playing still?
Speaker 3: Five? No, I'm Taylor really, I'm really enjoying.
Speaker 5: Get us one Tailor, Get us one Tailor, John Moran, Yeah, you're on fire right now.
Speaker 2: Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 3: No, dude, I gotta do you guys make your pancakes. I'm panicking.
Speaker 2: Butler Wait, wait yeah, Butler, what you know?
Speaker 1: Butler? Wait?
Speaker 6: What Butler?
Speaker 2: Jimmy Yeah?
Speaker 1: Seven seven everyone calls him Butler, Butler.
Speaker 3: It's Chris bo. No, he's not.
Speaker 1: It's like seven years ago.
Speaker 3: Question, dumb question, Damn bro.
Speaker 1: Singing some I don't know.
Speaker 2: LaMelo ball Yeah, Bronnie Bronnie.
Speaker 1: Yeah that cot one more one more. He's like, did I heard say Lebron Anthony Davis.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we go fuck yeah, hey Browny.
Speaker 3: Sports podcast man, we do all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna out of here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can't wait to see him. Wait, so guy, I'm gonna get the NBA this off season and trying to figure it out. Okay.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so so three years, one hundred and forty million, are you guys gonna come back?
Speaker 1: Mark?
Speaker 2: Mark Titis is on the case right saying just one hundred and forty million.
Speaker 5: You just started saying it, and I was so drunk. I was like, you will lie to me? What the fuck?
Speaker 2: Hey, by the way, you see what I'm rocking. Yeah, I stepped in cake and hey those are nice.
Speaker 3: You actually got them for that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but there, that is awesome. I stepped in cake and threw them out. So people were mad at me for.
Speaker 2: I see I had the cake on the bottom. I just I still took.
Speaker 1: Him to him out.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It was good, had a really good time.
Speaker 3: I was how was Will's heartfelt message?
Speaker 5: It was good, except we were so drunk and we had a random guy in the background.
Speaker 1: It was I mean, we all knew it was going to get to the heartfelt spot.
Speaker 6: I gotta be honest, I don't remember the heartfelt conversation at all.
Speaker 1: Really, I'm not not a word.
Speaker 6: I'm sure if it got played back from it and be like, oh yeah, this sounds familiar.
Speaker 3: But when I saw it on Twitter, will post it and I was like, oh God, this is gonna be tough to watch. I thought it was beautiful. Yeah it was.
Speaker 5: It was just you know, we all knew it was gonna go that way. He's like, you get drunk with your boys to drink someone's vomit and then you say you love bro.
Speaker 2: I forgot that. We did the vomitry.
Speaker 3: Did you drink any Yes.
Speaker 2: This cat Deutsch he can guy that. Yeah, he can eat a bunch of ice cream and then he throws it up and he's like, I swear it tastes like a milkshake.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: They had pass it around and he's doing everybody's doing like a spoon tasting of this milk.
Speaker 1: We all tried it. Yeah, he did you do it?
Speaker 5: He told us like six hours before when we did the regular react that day, and when he told us, we're just like, well, it's gonna lead to me eating someone's vomit later. Yeah, And that's how it did Yeah, are we where are we at with beer Olympics? Are we invited?
Speaker 3: Are you guys going to commit?
Speaker 1: Yeah? We committed?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, we.
Speaker 1: Never backed out.
Speaker 3: There's there's countless clicks. I don't know, I'm not gonna do it.
Speaker 1: List and then we stayed. We we never said we're.
Speaker 3: Out you guys are you guys were patting us on the head.
Speaker 1: We never said we were out here.
Speaker 5: Yeah, did we complain about having to do it and can yeah?
Speaker 2: Be real shame. But I remember Big Cat texting me and he was like, hey, no more bad vibes, no more, no more bullshit, Like I'm in, We're in the foxhole. And I remember being like, I'm really happy you're saying this because when Dave pulled all that production, it's like we were in hell. Yeah, and then the first movie, we have to do something is a good move.
Speaker 1: We had a lot of fun. If you're doing it again, I.
Speaker 5: Think this is the last one, right, allegedly. I mean, I can't drink beer anymore, Like I drink ten beers. I puked, So I'm in.
Speaker 1: But I'm pute.
Speaker 3: I just make yourself puked though.
Speaker 1: I know I just can't. I'm just old, are you guys are used to always?
Speaker 6: I mean, where's he going to be in Nashville.
Speaker 3: It'll be in Nashville. I'm in my backyard.
Speaker 1: I mean, can we not do the three beer chug to start? No, that's hard for me.
Speaker 3: Here's the thing, be qu Elson. Yeah, but I think the three beer chug is so elite. I think it's a it's a it's a great like, let's get going.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right, we're getting to spread. Here's my you have.
Speaker 6: You have offensive linemen out there, and they're able to drink these beers.
Speaker 2: Would you be Quintin Elson?
Speaker 1: So many times you was just like, dude, I got it.
Speaker 3: The most infuriated I was. And that whole thing was the end of the night when Will was pissing me off beyond belief because I just want to finish the game because it's dark. The whole goal going to Beer Olympics was, Hey, we got to finish before dusk. That is like pretty much the goal. And I'm already mad at Will because he's yelling at the other people, and then out of.
Speaker 1: Nowhere you come.
Speaker 3: And you start whistling everything that I'm thinking, Dude, I'm about to beat this guy was working for it.
Speaker 2: I know he's helping us.
Speaker 3: Stop.
Speaker 5: You guys were doing a huddle and I whistled you and gave you a technical and you're like, what's that for? Is like I thought you guys were kids and Taylor. Taylor looked at me and I was just like you outright so mad? Yeah, Will thought it was on his side.
Speaker 3: It was he's helping us, Taylor, he's helping us.
Speaker 1: He's helping us.
Speaker 3: Like bro, he's not down.
Speaker 6: I want to do barstool Columbia, the Cocaine Olympics, the Cigarette Olympics. Such a great idea would be incredible to like trick shots, blowing rings with a big bong hit of just cigarette smoke.
Speaker 5: Can you just make a rule though, next year if I puke, I can keep playing because like that's the thing is like I'll puke, but it's just to get more room, like I can keep drinking after.
Speaker 2: It, like your stomach's I want to say something like you know, Ike, and then I just I wanted to keep drinking, and they're like, you can't get back in the game. Puke was supposed to be okay, back to two years ago. I want to say Hardy's wife puked and people were up in arms about people puke and they're like that shouldn't be allowed. One.
Speaker 5: I mean at that point when I puked this time, it was like twelve beers in an hour and a half.
Speaker 1: It's like, I need some more room.
Speaker 2: You know who I feel like it has to play? You know how I feel like he has to play?
Speaker 3: Who has to play? Max?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's our shirt. It's your sure, Yeah, that's our shirt.
Speaker 3: If Sham defected to barstool in a month, what would you do with shir Would you replace anything?
Speaker 1: Whatever?
Speaker 3: Replace on every every show, every single show.
Speaker 6: Was so sick to him, Cut him loose, yeah whatever you Yeah, you have our support.
Speaker 3: You can't have him do that.
Speaker 1: Whatever you need.
Speaker 3: It's a bad idea. I've seen this guy.
Speaker 1: No, he's sure free reign, you get anything he wants.
Speaker 3: Dank Sure, that sounds kind of nice.
Speaker 1: I'd probably leave to pretty good idea.
Speaker 3: That idea. You'd come back to us in a month, be like they gave me way.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: One thing about good managers, you hire talented people and you let them do their thing and you trust them.
Speaker 1: That's what we would do. We don't put them in.
Speaker 3: A have to.
Speaker 1: You can't can't open.
Speaker 3: The box a little bit, you can't put it all the way.
Speaker 1: No, I want them flying everywhere. Let them right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, just write down the number and slide me number and I'll let you know if we can do it. The Olympics, Yeah, I think, are you in because I because I heard it was the last one. I have to be there for the last men. I mean I wanted to be the last one because I want to go and just be like, let's one rule.
Speaker 3: Do this one rule. And this is me just looking at no Vegas. No no Vegas for sure, but keep it up in mind. We can't let it will be doing part of my take after the Olympics.
Speaker 1: Listen. Incredible for all of us because there was we.
Speaker 3: Were upstairs and you're like, hey, will come and show you I do it even in my junks. Your brothers were I'm doing this.
Speaker 1: That was a very regrettable episode of brothers don't do it often.
Speaker 3: That was very well.
Speaker 6: Have you heard from JJ Reddick since that podcast?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: What he said on the mat he did, we didn't cut it. It actually might have been yes, And I had to tell him. I was like, you actually know, I'm sorry, we'll call No, you haven't talked to me. I was like, I'm sorry, we'll called you. We're cutting this, and then in his head he's like, well I know these guys, they don't cut anything. It's like no, no, I like, I'm actually sorry. And so we had like a back and forth. It was just like will what are you doing? Why are you know?
Speaker 1: Podcast?
Speaker 2: Whatever he needs he knows I got him sure.
Speaker 1: Let me see the number. We'll get a number.
Speaker 6: We'll get mad at us for just we were talking about the Lakers. He's like selling you guys, don't look JJ ready to fight us. It's a fox old guy.
Speaker 1: Let's see what.
Speaker 6: Because he does organic, because he's talented, that's it. That's it doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: That's no problem.
Speaker 3: It doesn't matter.
Speaker 5: Approve no, no, no, no, double it. That's betweens. I thought it would be double. I was expecting double. That bad negotiating on his app. This is we got sure them.
Speaker 1: On a cheap deal.
Speaker 3: It's locked.
Speaker 1: If he wants to that number is to move.
Speaker 3: Damn. You don't want get lost it like that Younglis Chicago.
Speaker 1: You gonna hit on your on every single day.
Speaker 5: A lot of stuff, dude. He asked for fifty K. You guys pay him thirty? How many him thirty?
Speaker 3: How many?
Speaker 1: Is gonna have a great article about this, It's gonna.
Speaker 2: Be how many different guys have you had work on part of my take, like behind the scenes or producer or whatever.
Speaker 6: It is really not that many when you when you think about all the years interns counting to Yeah, Darren Ravel No, Dana was an intern, uh Ken jack mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Hank. So the first like two years, Hank had to do everything, which was crazy. So it was like the beginning of part of my take.
Speaker 5: We we got very big, and we all moved to New York and it was like kind of a everyone was trying to find their spot in barstool and we kept on being like, I think this is working.
Speaker 1: I think this is pretty big.
Speaker 5: We need some more help, And we didn't get more help for a while, and then finally we got Liam Bubba and then Max and then now we have Memes, Pug, Shane Jackson, I think seven of us now, so it's pretty like grew.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not like all the jps you guys got.
Speaker 2: How How fast did you guys start blowing up for when was your very first episode was that in the in the van.
Speaker 6: No, it was in my in my living room in Austin.
Speaker 1: I would say it was probably like two much.
Speaker 5: It was actually the very biggest for the moment was we had a guy named Kyle wilcher On who played a Kentucky then transferred to Gonzaga, and Gonzaga I think was maybe the two seed that year in the tournament good basketball player. He came on and he told us that Adam Morrison had a apocalypse bunker, and that got picked up by everyone and it kind of like blew us up. And then Adam Morrison was like, no, I don't like people think I'm crazy. And then we had Adam Morrison on. He became a friend, which was pretty cool. So that was like the first big pop. And then it was Joe Buck and SVP. Later that summer Blake Griffin Yeah we love our Blakes. Yeah, Mortals like so it was probably like six months that it was like, oh shit. And then there was also this weird thing where, uh, the old the way they used to do the old podcast. It was like was it through iHeart yeah something it was it was somewhere podcast won. It was something where the numbers were not real, like they were just inflated.
Speaker 1: So I remember I think our Jim Harbaught episode, they.
Speaker 5: Were like like four million people listened to it like that's not possible.
Speaker 1: There's just no way that happened.
Speaker 5: And then they like adjusted it and it was like actually it was like you know, seven hundred thousands, Like okay, that's a realistic number.
Speaker 1: That's so pretty good. Yeah, yeah, I remember.
Speaker 2: Was it just audio?
Speaker 5: H Yeah, it was. We don't we didn't do YouTube for because we only had Hank.
Speaker 6: No, we had we had a video for Harball, right, yeah, for some of the for some of the special ones.
Speaker 5: Yeah, a trip, and we do like clips and stuff, but yeah, Hank, because it was just Hank, we didn't do YouTube.
Speaker 6: The only video clips that we'd ever have would be like occasionally somebody was a kinjack that would make the videos that went along with it. Yeah, So it was like not even stick figure animation. It was just like here's a picture of Big Cat as he's talking, his picture of me. Here's a picture of whatever it is that we're talking about, like Chris Jones with his stick popping out, and we make a video that way. But yeah, it was not like a video podcast at all at the start. I remember when when I first moved to New York, because I moved there from Austin, Texas, and like Barstool is now, it's massive in Austin, it wasn't that big from what I saw at the time back in like twenty fifteen, twenty sixteen. But when I moved to New York, I went out for wings at this place called Woji's, which is my favorite wing place in New York. And I go there like the first week I'm in town, and the server comes up to me and he's wearing a shirt that says gas and beers and chuck and nuts, and that's what Ryan Whitney had told us on the pod like three weeks ago. Were like, that's a great saying, let's make T shirts out of it. I was like, holy fuck, this guy has like our obscure T shirt. He's like the first waiter that I see in New York. And little did I know that that was going to be, like, you know, a very common thing. But when I saw it, I was like, this is kind of crazy.
Speaker 1: This guy.
Speaker 6: This guy knows about the spit in Situate, Massachusetts.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So that was, Yeah, those little moments where it's like, oh shit, starting to get recognized.
Speaker 2: Now when you guys are blowing up kind of like grassroots. Like was it like social media like Twitter and stuff where you guys are getting everything out there? Is it like redded Are these back channels?
Speaker 5: No, it was mostly just social media and like word of mouth. And I think we were just we were very lucky that we came around in a time twenty sixteen where there weren't a ton of podcasts and we were very unique in the fact that we were two dudes just having fun with sports and do it. Like Another one that was I feel like is like a seminal moment is I don't know if you guys, you guys probably don't know anything about to say. But this guy named foul Ball Guy catches basically a million foul balls.
Speaker 1: Like he's the best to ever do it, literally to ever do it.
Speaker 6: He does clinics on how to catch it.
Speaker 1: He's the best. He'll go to a game and he'll get like five foul balls.
Speaker 3: Mentally, he just finds the right seat.
Speaker 1: He knows where he's sitting.
Speaker 5: He became home run Guy because he started catching home runs too Zach Campbell. So there was a over the summer, there was a baseball game in an Army base MLB game, and it was tickets were only for like veterans and active service members, and he somehow got in. And then it became this huge, huge controversy where the other guy we had in our back pocket, Marlins Man, who would just go to games and just be seen sitting in the front row. He'd go to like a World Series game and he would just be sitting in the front row with his Marlin shirt on.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 5: So they had a beef and then we had them both on to squash the beef. And it's really stupid saying it out loud, but like, those are the moments that I think helped those growths. People are like, what is this show? Like, what the They were really.
Speaker 1: Mad at each other. They were so many Marlin, what was the beast? Marlin's man.
Speaker 5: So, Marlin's man, he never makes it about himself. He just likes to go to games, sit front row beyond TV believers.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So, and he was mad because the game at the base would have been prime Marlin's Man sitting on TV. But he was like, I'm respecting the troops. I'm not going to try to get a ticket. A foul ball guy did get atriot. So he was just like this bullshit, I should have been there again, not making about himself, just sitting on.
Speaker 3: So he was met that guy was there and he wasn't there.
Speaker 6: I think that he stood for integrity. He was just upset that foul ball guy was there.
Speaker 3: So when it was all said and done, where do you guys stand on a foul ball guy?
Speaker 1: In Marlon Mann?
Speaker 5: I love the foul ball Guy is a controversial figure, but I think it's one of those things you gotta respect.
Speaker 1: Great.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Like he's the best. He's the best to do it. He's the best it's ever been. People get mad at the best. That's just the crossy bears.
Speaker 3: Now, if you're taking Marlon Man and foul ball guy, you put him in a dark room.
Speaker 1: Who's coming out Marlins Man? I think guys got it.
Speaker 6: He's like a little just if Marlin's Man brings his cats.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm going he's got cats.
Speaker 6: Oh he's got eight giant cats.
Speaker 1: Yeah, coon cat.
Speaker 6: I'm talking about Like these cats weigh twenty five thirty pounds each.
Speaker 5: And Marlins is a survivor. Yes, marlins Man almost died in a plane crash. Marlin's man almost got aboarded.
Speaker 3: Like at birth.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he told us all this. Yeah yeah, so he's a survivor. He's a survivor. But yeah, twenty sixteen to sell.
Speaker 1: Merch with the barstool logo on it, that was him.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, it's huge and that really turned the company around.
Speaker 6: Yeah, a lot of this company this is this is the barstool signed. Yeah, he gave me like that. I mean, no, you can't do it.
Speaker 3: It's only well I'm still here right the money.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you're going stool down, stool it's always this is stool down.
Speaker 3: This right now.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and also be Olympics.
Speaker 1: Look at this bang crowd.
Speaker 5: He just tracks the balls better than anyone. And people claim he steals it from kids. He never steals it from kids. He wears like he does all the tricks. He'll go he'll go to like batting practice and he'll have both jerseys, so he'll switch the jerseys and be like, oh, can you give me, you know, like Mike Trout and his Angels jersey, Like Mike Trout, can I get one? And then he'll switch it and be like a Yankees jersey.
Speaker 1: He's like Aaron Judge. Can I have one look at him? This respect? Great? Wait? Is that a kid that he's mossing? Yeah, but he never took it from kids. Gotta kids got to hit the weight room, kids got to learn what are you gonna do? Look at this right over the kids? You know, the kids gared of it? Bang here a kid?
Speaker 2: So what are you guys doing before? Pardon my take? I like, how did you guys come across each other? Because weren't you you were? Were you right for Pro Football Talk?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: No, I was.
Speaker 6: I was writing for Kissing Susie Colber and s B Nation and they were just sports blogs.
Speaker 1: Okay, so yeah, I was.
Speaker 6: I was blogging for them. I talked about a little bit with with Rousillo. But I was a used dog salesman in Austin and then I upgraded to selling software and then I just hated my job, and.
Speaker 1: So I started this Twitter account like as a.
Speaker 6: Diverse to do something creative, make myself laugh. And then eventually I was like, I hate this job. It crushes me every day. I just want to try to write. And so then I was blogging at the time, so like full time, probably like seven eight blogs a week, which forgot like big cat, that's that's rookie numbers because.
Speaker 1: We had a lot. Yeah, I was just blogging.
Speaker 2: So you were blogging for barstoo for PFT was yeah.
Speaker 5: So I was at Barcel from twenty twelve and we had to do like it was a blog.
Speaker 1: It was a blog every.
Speaker 5: Forty minutes starting at nine am until five and then after our blog. So I'd write like ten blogs a day and then we I followed PFT, he followed me. I was like, this guy's hilarious.
Speaker 2: You just came across him on the internet.
Speaker 5: Well, we started getting people started saying that we were like copying each other. They'd be like, oh, that's a joke he would have made. That's joke he would have made. And then he was in Chicago for a wedding and I was like, let's grab a beer and uh we we hit it off hanging out, and then we were at a point at Barcel where it was like there was like eight of us and it was still we were so small. So I just told like, I remember we had the beer, and I was just like, if we ever get to a point where like we're hiring, like, you're.
Speaker 1: The first person I would want us to hire.
Speaker 5: And then when we got bought by Churnin and did the whole move to New York, I told David.
Speaker 1: I was like, we gotta hire this guy.
Speaker 2: Is Turnin era or is this where big vision? They're like, Hey, we're gonna start getting in the podcast world.
Speaker 5: They yeah, podcasting, So KFC radio. Kevin started like podcasting at Barstool, which he should get a ton of credit for because at the time Dave was like, this is a dumb idea. So I did KFC Radio with Feidelberg and Kevin for a few years. So yeah, Kevin, Kevin had the vision to do it early on. And then yeah, when when we got bought and we all moved to New York, I was like, we got to hire a PFT hired him, hired Caleb, hired a few different people, and then we started like the minute I think it was like maybe one month into him getting hired, we started part of my take and then the rest is kind of history.
Speaker 2: Now on KFC Radio, are you guys, is that like sports centric or are they No, it was more lifestyle and then you were like, hey.
Speaker 5: It was more Yeah, it was more like we would do dumb hypothetical shoot the ship and then yeah, so then and then we started Barstool. When we got bought and all moved to New York, we started adding podcasts and yeah, it became kind of the I don't want to say we're a podcast company, but obviously that's a big part of it.
Speaker 6: So I went back because I haven't looked at these probably since they were sent. But the first DMS between myself and Big Cat twenty fourteen, April seventeenth, I guess the site that I was working for, it looks like they got bought by another site. So Big Cat thought I was moving to New York and I was like, no, I'm in Austin. And then he says, do you write chess as freelance? Do you have a regular job outside of writing? I was trying to hire them right away. I say, I'm freelance. I used to have an outside job, trying to make this my career. Big Cat says, that's awesome. Start your own site or find a full time gig somewhere. I said, I've got an ebook coming out in a couple of weeks. If that does well, there are publishers who are interested, but right now just scraping by. That was goodel Vers Obama the battle for the future of the NFL.
Speaker 1: Are you a Southern guy? Originally?
Speaker 6: Barstool South has always been a priority. Wouldn't have to hire AFT?
Speaker 1: And then I was.
Speaker 6: And he says, well, if you're ever interested in barsols, shoot me an email. Gives me the email. We're always looking for writers. Have goals on opening a Southern site. And he says, and even if not, email me. I have a guy who would be funny if you try to start your own website. And then Big Cat sent me a picture of him meeting Adam Schefter.
Speaker 1: Oh what was that?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 5: I think that was outside of the Super Bowl. I like tracked him down and maybe I don't even know where it was.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, awesome. Let's meet at the Theory Bar on stateon Hubbard. It's a block from your hotel one thirty. I say, sounds good. I'll be the white guy drinking a beer found me showing and that was it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was it. That was it.
Speaker 5: And then the first time that he came and hung out with us was twenty fifteen, is actually my thirtieth birthday. His the day after and we went out and I introduced him to Dave and I was like, Dave is PFT super talented, Like you know, like how you miss I was like to Dave, I was like, you know how you misspell stuff and like fucked things up like PFD does that, but he's doing it on purpose.
Speaker 6: As Wow, yeah, I think that's San Francisco way back in the day.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So yeah, and then yeah, and then and then Dave was like, yeah, let's do it. And then we hired a bunch of people and it was kind of a rocket ship and then we hired.
Speaker 3: You guys, when you guys, when you get hired there and you say one month, how how long did it take you guys? It took you guys one month, but like how quickly were you like we got to do a podcast?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 5: I when we hired when when I told Dave we got to hire a PFD, I was like, we're.
Speaker 3: Doing doing a podcast?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're nice.
Speaker 5: And the and actually an interesting part of this whole story is Hank was like very close to putting barstool at the time because so he went so Hank didn't. He went to college for a year and then started at Barsol when he's nineteen. I've known Hanks, he's nineteen years old. He uh we did this thing called the Dixie Tour where he Caleb uh bus boy Benny and they went down to the South. They went like campus to campus, big football games whatever. So Hank like spent three months, four months just getting fucked up being on the road, being like this is what real college looks like. And after the Dixie Tour he kind of like sat me down. He's like, I'm thinking about maybe like going back to college or doing something like kind of having almost like a little mini life crisis. And I was like, dude, just stick with me for like another year. We're about to get bought by Churnin. We're about to hire this guy PFT. I want you to produce the podcast. And that was the best decision he ever made. But yeah, he was very close. He was like we had a heart to heart where he was like, I'm thinking about leaving barstool and like doing something else. I don't know if I could do this, And yeah, so that was a good safe What was he thinking, like film school?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I think he was thinking film school and he just kind of was like not lost, but just a little. It also was tough because he was in that Milton office and that wasn't they say Milton tough for a reason.
Speaker 1: It was like you're thrown into the ringer where it's just like, you know, it's a pressure cooker.
Speaker 2: Is the Milton office that it was a dentist office that Gus posted something last week. I want to say it was maybe when Smokes was talking about work hours. Yeah, but there was like a clip from like way back in the day whitting the guy was like he was late a couple of days in at the door, fights walks in the door and I thought it was so funny. Yeah, but that's the Milton office. That's the Milton office. So yeah, that was like Gas, Dave, hank Lewis, and there was other people like you know, Coley was there for a little bit weird haircut, Seth was there, Pirate Simon. So yeah, it was kind of like a whole mishmash and that was that was the first barstool office that wasn't Dave's just apartment. And before before part my take, what was the biggest thing going with barstools then?
Speaker 3: Was it just a blog?
Speaker 5: It was blog it was run down, run down, run so rundown meet Kevin and Dave. Yeah, I guess that ass was pretty big. That ass was pretty big. We should bring that back we shut But yeah, it was the rundown was like the big thing that was in KFC radio.
Speaker 1: But that those are the big things.
Speaker 5: That were kind of like our first foray into video and audio and all that stuff.
Speaker 2: Was it awkward when part of my take transcended as fast as as you guys did, like more from I guess your position. Yeah, coming into a new gig and probably learning about it on the fly.
Speaker 6: I'm still learning about like the past relationships that I had no idea about. Like occasionally Hank Will mentioned something was like oh I didn't know that about pirates sound.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was awkward. I'll say it. It was awkward.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 5: It was awkward in the fact that when we got to New York, everyone was kind of looking for their thing, and we had our thing very quickly. So it was like it was before Dave's like pizza reviews like blew up, you know what I mean. So it was it was just this weird time where I think everyone was really hungry and and and like wanting to work really hard and try to find something that worked, and we just were lucky enough to find the thing that worked before everyone else. So I think there was a little tension there. But then as time went like everyone kind of found their lane and it dissipated, so like naturally dissipated. But I mean you can understand, like if everyone's going to one place, everyone's moving their family and doing everything, and one a couple guys are like hit the ground running and just have this like shooting star success, it's gonna cause a little tension.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But I mean.
Speaker 5: The crazy thing about Barstool, I think it's like attestament to it is like Dave is still doing it. I'm still here, Kevin's still here, like Fidelberg, Hank, like Gaz, all these guys that were original guys.
Speaker 1: There's a loyalty to Barstool that I.
Speaker 5: Don't think you find it many other companies, and I think it's pretty special.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not to bring up the L word for you guys.
Speaker 5: Sorry, I told you guys, though I had a hard tart with both of you. I told you guys straight up when you when you were talking about leaving, like I can't I can't sit here and be like, man, how could you guys do this? Because I came into barstool and PFT as well, Because PFT even though I was at Barcel for four years before and PFT is still like play ten.
Speaker 6: I think maybe we had shirts. Yeah I was like twelve, maybe yeah, right, So PFT even though it's like I still don't consider myself like I'm not an OG. Right, so much stuff happened, but.
Speaker 5: He's as close to an og as you get because it's been you know, I was at Parcel four years for PFT game, but PFT has been at Parcel for nine years, you know what I mean. So but I told you guys, like you can't compare it because I this is my life's work. This is like my family, This is my you know, all these people that I've been working with and like they don't depend on me, but like part of part of it all working is is me staying here and Dave's staying here in PFT staying here. We're in a different circumstance than you guys, you know what I mean. Like if I were hired at Barcel in twenty twenty and had this success, I probably would have left too, you know what I mean, I probably would have got and offered something and been like, I don't have the same years of of everything built up. So but I I mean, I'll never I mean I'll never have another boss. Besides Dave, my agent, hates when I say that, but I say it, and I don't give a fuck because it's just like.
Speaker 2: Do you ever Obviously this is an awkward question. I'm putting you in a tough spot, but do you guys ever think like, hey, pardon my take, was its own thing? Not in a way of like you wish it did happen, But I'm sure there there had to have been times along the way, especially because when the ESPN thing pretty sensitive when it started, and you guys were bummed, but ultimately it's like you're going with the brain, You're going with the team.
Speaker 6: And we were also like super naive at the time, so we we thought this was gonna be cool. Hey, we're gonna be on TV. That's awesome TV. At the time, like it was still the big thing, right, and we had a couple of people tell us, like Dave was was insistent that they were trying to hire us. Yeah, I me and Big Kel were like, I don't think so. I think they just want to I just want to do a show with us, which is cool. They were definitely and you're thinking there were a million percent Like John Skipper brought us into his office and sat us down. It was like feeling this out, figure out, like am I gonna make these guys an offer or what like it was. It was done like kind of behind the back, and we were like, why is everything so secret?
Speaker 1: We were so dumb.
Speaker 5: We were like, we're so behind Dave's back kind of well yeah, I mean he asked us personally to go there and it wasn't like a meeting set up through Eric or Dave, and we were just like, oh okay, like we the all the other meetings were done like Erica, and this was done outside of that. And I think back to it and it's like we were so naive, we were so stupid. We we I learned so much from that experience, the biggest one being like if a deal takes eight months nine months to actually happen, they you probably shouldn't do the deal, because it was like that was that was how long it took to get from like ESPN being like, oh we want to do a TV show to like getting through all the hoops and clearing everything. It's like, if you have to clear everything, you probably aren't going to have our back when the ship hits the fan. And it turned out to be very true, but yeah, we were. We were like, no, ESPN doesn't want to hire us, that's crazy. We're just gonna do this show and it's gonna be awesome and it's gonna make Barstool bigger.
Speaker 1: Right, way wrong, very wrong about that.
Speaker 5: And then and they didn't have our back at all, And that was the biggest lesson is like Barstool has our back, Our fans have our back. We don't need ESPN, we don't need a TV show, we don't need all this stuff. Our fans are here, They're gonna stick with us no matter what. So why like I actually when we and I know it sounds cliche and I think both PF and I have said this many times, but like going through the Barstool Van Talk thing was the best thing for us because once it the dust settled, we realized, like we have the number one sports podcast. We don't need anything else. We have our fans right here. We don't need to go anywhere else. We have it to them, We give it to them. We don't have anyone telling us what to do. Why would we ever mess that up? So every offer since then has been no, thanks.
Speaker 3: Yeah. If that never happens, you guys might be sitting here today being like what if Yeah, what if ESPN does come or right or whatever?
Speaker 5: And we've had times like I mean, pft's contract's been up. I've never become a free agent because I I just haven't. But like there's and we're very open with each other about it, Like he's when his contract's been up. He's just like, I'm gonna at least take some calls like I have to. And it's like, yeah, you have.
Speaker 6: To take You take the meetings, and then they throw big numbers in front of you.
Speaker 1: At least that is how I felt.
Speaker 2: Like.
Speaker 6: You think about the number, You're like, that's a cool number to hear, like that's amazing, and then I think about, Okay, well, i'd also be leaving part of my take if that were to happen. The show means a lot to me. We started it, we've seen it grow, we put so much effort into it. I love these guys. I love our fans, I don't like I feel a sense of responsibility to them too, where it's like I had bands and shows that I love growing up and if they split up, like it really like affected you a little bit committed to it. There's a lot of people out there that feel that way, and like that was a big part of saying like, no, I don't necessarily need to chase this huge number Parsceol. By the way, it's not like Barstol wasn't paying fair like they they made good offers, but they were you know, other companies were trying to throw big, big dollars and I was just like, you know what. Number one, I don't feel like breaking up this podcast. I don't feel like ending it. We're not done here. And number two, it would come with a lot more responsibility. And part of making this decision for me was you have to know what you like to do, and I like doing the show. I like the creative aspect, I like everything that goes with that. I don't think I'm good at starting my own company, you know, I don't think I'm good at hiring people and and like, you know, keeping tabs on the administrative side of all that. That to me doesn't sound like fun, and I think that the show that I would create would suffer because I'm not, you know, just totally locked in on the creative aspect. And so it was a combination of all those things. And also like there's no better job in the world in my opinion than than doing part of my taking. So yeah, it became The first time was like kind of hard to say no. The second time I was like.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 6: I don't even stake the meetings, like we're going to figure something out. It'll happen.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And I think too when you look back at other shows, was whether it be like Mike and Mike or Jesus and Marrow and like no offense to those guys, but you can see what happens with the break or like Mike Our Francess and Mad Dog, like Belichick and Brady you can see. But all these breakups you can see exactly what happens. There's one person that thinks they're the star and they're like, I want to go get my thing. I'm bigger than you and this whereas like I know, like personally, I think PFT feels the same way. If we split up, would I be able to have a successful podcast. Yeah, but it would be like sixty percent of or fifty percent or forty percent of what part of my take is. We would never separately be able to reach one hundred percent of what part might take.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that was a big part of it. Like if I were to leave, I could start a show. It could be good, but it would never and honestly, it would never surpass what part of my take was, and I would always be trying to chase that.
Speaker 5: Right, Right, it's not a healthy us each of us separately, if you if you just said round numbers, like if you're going one hundred percent, I think each of us separately would reach seventy percent of our audience right. Separately, we would never get a hundred, right, And like, so it's the powers together, is like you like, I just know that's what it is.
Speaker 1: Neither of us are the star so to speak, you know what I mean?
Speaker 5: Like we're like, oh, it's because of me, it's the whole thing, right, And it's all the guys too. Like the great thing about our show too, is like Hank is a very big part of it. He gets like he actually gets upset because we we like like when it comes to like money and stuff or like things are splitting up, we'll split it a third third. With Hank, he's like, I didn't do shit. We're like, dude, but you're like, you're a big part of this. You you built this with us in Max and means all these guys, Yeah, did you hear that?
Speaker 1: Hank?
Speaker 5: He does, so he gets mad at us when we do like I mean it's not for it's not we're not talking about like our contracts. We're talking about like when we have revenue splits for things, we always make sure everyone else gets them because like we.
Speaker 1: Can't do this with just the two of us, like it's the whole team.
Speaker 3: But if you get so that's awesome because I agree with you, like having the chemistry is way more than just going off and trying to do your own thing right. Part of my take has been on the top for so long, like what what's the next thing? You guys are trying to chase, Like what is the next Like, oh, this would be awesome to achieve this.
Speaker 6: I don't know that we think that way. I think we let the show evolve naturally depending on what's happening. You can plan everything out and if it doesn't happen organically, then it's not going to be that successful. But yeah, we're just going to keep doing what we do and try to find like the most natural paths for us to evolve. It Like, if there's new platform that comes out that we have to be on, then we'll find somebody that knows about that platform and we'll figure out how to optimize that. But I don't think that we've never sat down and had like a strategic like two year what's our what's our two year plan? Well?
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I think it's a very it's a weird feeling because in the media business, in sports and anything in business ever, a lot of people are always like what's the next thing, what's the next thing, what's the next thing? You see like someone a media person like STARTUPO and they're on ESPN and they're doing this, and it's like they're climbing the ladder.
Speaker 1: The bb the barstool.
Speaker 5: Van Talk's experience kind of told us like, hey, we're good where we're at on the ladder, you know what I mean, Like we're never gonna be movie stars, We're never gonna have, you know, a Netflix show. But I don't give a fuck like where we're like it's I think it's a very great feeling to have to be like at peace at what you have and not constantly being like, what's the next thing. I haven't thought about what's the next thing since barstool Van Talk, and it's been the best feeling in the world, because what's the next thing? It's Sunday night, Tuesday night, Thursday night.
Speaker 1: We're gonna record.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And I you know, obviously, in the back of my head, I'm like, we're getting older. Eventually we'll hit a point where people start mocking us and be like, you're the old guys.
Speaker 1: But we also have an audience that's grown old with us, you know what I mean. So, and I.
Speaker 5: Welcome the time when we just get mocked for being old and forgetting shit. Guess what, We're gonna keep doing it and it's still gonna be fun. If I'm having fun and I'm laughing, making me laugh, I'm making him laugh, We're gonna keep doing it.
Speaker 6: And if people are busting bulls for being old, it means they're still paying attention, We're still listening, right, and they're busting their balls because it's fun to make fun of people. That you listen to. Right, I get that you can't take everything seriously. It's when they just stop commenting altogether, right, that would be the That would be bad.
Speaker 1: That would be the moment.
Speaker 5: But even when they stopped, we'll probably keep doing it, like we we joke about it all the time.
Speaker 1: If we stopped.
Speaker 5: If you told us barstool just cease to exist tomorrow, part of my take cease to exist tomorrow, what would you do? And the honest answer is I'd probably call up p FD, Hank and Max and be like, hey, you guys want to come over and watch some football, and then we would just do the podcast just sitting there, Like when we flew here yesterday. We just did a full podcast.
Speaker 1: On the plane.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like just talking.
Speaker 2: You know, I can tell you from experience, it's not that bad when people make funny for forgetting stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's true.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you don't do it too.
Speaker 2: You don't have to be.
Speaker 3: Goldfish.
Speaker 6: What do you think we should do with the will Compton Museum?
Speaker 2: I kind of like the rout he's going, He's just add more company.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're just gonna have all the will Compton.
Speaker 2: It's such a it's such a weird.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: When he brought it up the first time, it is a very like It's like, yeah, I love that it got built in uh in the first place. But if he did away with it, it's like, no, it's forever, no matter what, we were never going to do away with it.
Speaker 1: But I do like all I.
Speaker 2: Told him, I was like, just protect that unless you give it back to me. But protect that that redskins.
Speaker 1: Yes, I got that.
Speaker 5: But yeah, I do think that in like ten years, if we have like fifty Will Comptons, just more or less, it's all, it'd be very funny. Yes, I mean just I who oh. And when Andrew Luck was here, I gave him a tour of the Will Compton Museum and I was like, and here's Will's jersey from Titans. Then here's other Will Compton at a TCU tailgate, and it's.
Speaker 1: Just like ridiculous, that's awesome. Yeah, what did you.
Speaker 3: Think about the museum? He liked it, he did.
Speaker 2: Did he remember me as a player?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 6: Did you ever play against him?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: Don't you remember?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I don't know the Colts, Yeah, I think we Twenty eighteen was this last year.
Speaker 8: I'm trying to think of twenty fifteen, we played the NFC PF T would probably I'm trying to remember if you if that team played the Cold.
Speaker 1: But he was injured a couple of the years for like full years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but we and twenty fifty Yeah, you know what all the NFC East because I was an AFC sound.
Speaker 2: We did play at Indianapolis one time because that is where I got a spinal cord concussion. Oh that's running down, running down on kickoff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, spinal cord. The spiders for concussion just sounds way worse than any concussion.
Speaker 2: It's like where the I don't even know the word, but they narrow, like in your spine, like the fluid lines that go down they kind of narrow, and they get an MRI to see if there's anything off with it.
Speaker 3: Came out clean.
Speaker 2: Your body just goes like like a metal pole just hits a you know, our bat just hits a pole. It just rattled.
Speaker 6: Did they give you that that injection that's like it makes you cold?
Speaker 1: You know they put you in a medical mountain.
Speaker 3: The little ice pick that goes up you talking about the.
Speaker 6: Die No, No, it like it like lowers your body temperature.
Speaker 1: Like tomorrow when he went through his thing.
Speaker 5: They like put him in a medically induced coma where his body temperature was like eighty eight.
Speaker 3: No ship, yeah, I heard.
Speaker 6: And they got the clone out.
Speaker 3: The biggest injury you as I've ever sustained.
Speaker 5: I tore up my ankle real bad, like ligaments, tendons. I still have terrible. I went actually to this place called stretch Lab where they just stretch you out sure and they do a test in front of a computer and it shows like your weaknesses. And I was pretty good overall, and then it was just two red circles around my ankles and.
Speaker 6: So I got I've broken probably like eight or nine ribs, I think, and one at one time. No, no, like over the course of my life.
Speaker 1: Herniated disk that was bad?
Speaker 3: Are no joke?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't probably hernia that one I was.
Speaker 5: I was literally We actually did a They came over to my house because I couldn't get off the floor for three days. We did a podcast from my house. I was just sleeping on the floor. I just kept on telling my wife. I was like, just fucking shoot me play.
Speaker 3: The Cardinals one time and I did something to like my s I joint and we stayed in Arizona for the week before we went to San Francisco, and I I literally just brushing my teeth, Yeah, getting out of bed, any kind of movement. I was like, this is the worst thing ever. Yeah. The only thing that helped us like kind of walking. So I'd stand up all day walking a little, and then once I got to bed, I was like, I just I prayed to God I can walk when I get up in the morning.
Speaker 5: When I heard nim I just the last time I was playing basketball and I was like I felt it, Like I felt it like a real like knife in your back. I was like, no, I'm good. I kept playing, got it in an uber home, got out of the uber and literally could not move. I stood at like the lamp post for thirty minutes because I couldn't move.
Speaker 2: I was it was yeah back injury.
Speaker 5: The NFL ye like yeah, like, you guys just did that question to fucking make us look like yeah, I think as I said, I was like, yeah, these guys are easy. I'm talking about spinal concussion. That is like I went for a loose ball and pick up and.
Speaker 6: It was like I got internally decapitated. We had to put my head back on inside my neck. I've had four concussions, But how many do you guys, Yeah, well four diagnosed I've had, But how many would you guys say, you're at.
Speaker 3: I I honestly, I don't know.
Speaker 2: The only time I ever got held out the rest of the game and we were already in the fourth quarter and it was the last game of the season. I passed my baseline in the locker room and was ready to go back out there.
Speaker 3: But they're like, you know, basically.
Speaker 2: A minor concussion a mile of concussion. Yeah, but probably several I mean I had that. I had that instance where I'm like stiff internally for a minute several times. But every time, like I passed the test on the sideline and you're kind of just you're you're back with it, or so I think I am, and you're just like, you know, you get back. I don't know how many diagnosed.
Speaker 3: I've had, like three or four maybe diagnosed, like how to sit out those types of things. But there's always the you're in the middle of the game, you take a hard hit, you're kind of like, that was crazy, Yeah, that was wild.
Speaker 6: They wake up the next day and you know that something's not right, Yeah, that's the worst part.
Speaker 3: That's kind of how like the first I think we're talking about a couple of weeks ago. The first couple, like the first week of camp. I feel like it's just one long concussion because you have like your helmet on all week and you're like it even hurts to have the helmet on. Then you have headache the next day you're next door and so like, and then after a week you're like, Okay, this is my new normal, it's my new baseline. Yeah, And then I would always go through like as soon as the season ended, I'd have like three weeks of fog where I'd be like kind of like tired, lethargic. I'm like putting words together was more tough than usual, and then all of a sudden, like three weeks and I'd be like, Okay, I feel fine, it's all. It's all good now.
Speaker 6: Every time you can't remember something in the back of your head or you're like, oh fuck, that's a concussion.
Speaker 3: As I get older, it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sometimes.
Speaker 6: It's normal to forget stuff. It's you're psyching yourself out when you're like, oh.
Speaker 3: It's so interesting, like being a young football player compared to being an old like as you get older, because when you're young, like truly, if you died on the grid eye, if you like went and there, like they checked your pulson, like he's done with us like that, you literally think yourself like I I only praying today's that day for me. Yeah, And then as you get older, you have kids or whatever, and you're like holy shit, because they're like a what if something actually happened? Yeah, starts now that I'm done. I was talking to JP by this earlier today, like I feel like I have to constantly stay ahead of the sticks. Is a part of like nutrition and all that stuff, because it's like you're going to decay eventually. Just try to outlast it as long as possible. Yeah, scared, So I'm like super hyper sensitive.
Speaker 6: But one thing I noticed growing up because I played I played like different sports. I played a little bit of football, I played soccer, I played basketball, I played baseball. Every coach in every sport besides football knew that concussions were bad. I swear to God, this was not like people say, like knowing what we know now about concussions and that they're not good. It's like I remember being eight years old and somebody would get hit in the head and the coach would be like, no, we got to make sure you don't get concussed. You got to sit out for a little bit, like going through high school on the high school soccer team, you got a freshman year, somebody got a concussion. Coach is like, you're sitting out two weeks. We can't risk that. And then in football they'd be like, yeah, we don't know, like concussions. It could be a good thing, could be a bad thing, Like it was the only sport that did not like even wrestlers. Wrestlers wuld be like, yeah, you can cuss, you can't wrestle.
Speaker 5: And I just think you're like a pussy if you don't like yeah, truly old clips like I do a radio hit in Chicago with Wattle and Sylvie and Sylvie or sorry. Wattle played for the Bears and there's a clip of him it was John Madden, Uh broadcast a game. He got cost like five different times and John Madden's like, oh, he's got the cobwebs again. It's like this is insane.
Speaker 3: That video of like Kiko Alonso playing and then he like walks over the other sideline. Yeah, he's just so like not there. Guys like, oh, don't know what sideline he's on it?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, he's like crawling off on his elbows. And then I was like, it looks to be a little shaken up.
Speaker 1: Yeaheah, get those cops.
Speaker 2: Wild Man was crazy.
Speaker 5: But I know you guys had a last question before I have a question for you will before we This is, Oh, you go for the last question.
Speaker 2: I was gonna ask because you talked about the first time. I wanted to. I wanted to know if there's ever been like a friction between you guys. You talked about the first time you were negotiating. It was very hard to say no is every time you thought he was leaving or vice versas. The first was kind of weird having just entering into whatever, whether it's text conversation or in person.
Speaker 5: I don't I want to say it was weird the first time that he had to like talk to people. It wasn't like because we talked about it, like we had a very open conversation about it. It's like, yeah, you have to do this, And it wasn't like tension. It was more just like bummed out, like this would suck. Yeah, it sucks, you know what I mean. Like, it wasn't like, oh fuck, he's gonna like I can't believe he's gonna do this. It's more like, I know how the business works. If someone offers him something crazy that he can't turn down, this is gonna bum me out real bad.
Speaker 1: So it's more having that like hover over your head. Yeah.
Speaker 6: And the first time I got dragged out, I think for like six months, the whole negotia. Yeah, and that that drags you down. And and it's like everything's developing on both sides, Like barstool was changing. It was like right before the pen deal, I think, And so things were changing on that end, things were changing with the companies that were offering me stuff on the other end. And it was just like I would I would make sure to tell big Cat like once a month, Hey, here's where we're at, just so you know, this sucks. And then finally when you make the decision, it's like, okay, that.
Speaker 2: How we were coming into the office, know, and then it's all up in the air.
Speaker 6: I don't think it was weird at all. I just didn't like when I was thinking about it too much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I.
Speaker 5: Will say the pen deal kind of sucked in the fact that I wasn't allowed to say anything to anyone, so it was just Dave, Eric and I. No one else knew because it's a publicly traded company, so it was like very.
Speaker 8: And you're in with barbol you say anything because the stock nothing literally nothing, Like we had to signed all this paperwork, so like I couldn't tell PFT until like the day before was announced, and that sucked.
Speaker 1: But it also was.
Speaker 5: Like I don't I in my head, I'm like, it is good for all of us. We're all gonna, you know, make some money off this. So it's like if I say something thing to someone and it sucks up this.
Speaker 1: Deal, I'll never I'll never be able to deal with, Right, So.
Speaker 5: That did suck that whole, like having to not tell literally a soul.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like I think the only the only people who knew.
Speaker 5: Were Dave Erica and then I told my wife that was it, Like there wasn't anyone else.
Speaker 1: So that that did suck.
Speaker 5: But it worked out, and then it didn't work out, and then it worked out again.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, you guys probably would have been hired if it.
Speaker 3: Wasn't for Penn probably would have been hired, would not have we signed right before the pen was done.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sign well, big cat saying to this point, obviously do you take on investor money and everything else? They have the funds.
Speaker 1: When did you guys sign twenty.
Speaker 2: February February twenty twenty that we are like a few weeks later you guys.
Speaker 1: Well, we had it had been it works for like six months the Super Bowl. Yeah anyway, Yeah, but.
Speaker 5: Like Penn coming on to barstool, their big thing was like we have we're a billion dollar corporation. We're going to invest in the company. So, like your guys, deal probably is because Penn Box.
Speaker 2: Our first deal though was just pure split revenue.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we just had.
Speaker 2: A conversation about MG and we were like, oh yeah, we're just like, hey, we'll take a higher rev share because they was like, look, you guys already have a little something going on. We don't want your i P. That's also in all the Caller Daddy stuff was going down. Yeah. Yeah, he said, you guys can keep your i P. We can talk about an MG and then splitting fifty to fifty. So we decided to take like higher.
Speaker 5: It was all revenue split our yeah, but Penn was able to We were able to take chances on a lot of other stuff, which was awesome.
Speaker 1: All right, is you ready for my question?
Speaker 2: I'm ready your last the last question, my last question.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just want to know about pop punk, what the what the future holds for pop punk?
Speaker 1: That's a good question.
Speaker 3: We're smarting out.
Speaker 6: Kids, so uhair we got we got Frankie having a kid I think in what May, yeah, and then Roan having kids in May too, and it swinds yeah, which yeah, and so we found out how to say it, like right at the same time, we were doing a punk practice and then Frankie is up there and he's singing like that Creed song with arms Wide Open or My Sacrifice or something like that. And then he's like, and by the way, guys, I'm singing this song because I'm about to be a dad in May. And then Roan's like, oh shit, so you're the first trimester right now. And I was like there was some quick math from rowing over there, like how does he know what fucking trimester you're in right now? Like forty five minutes later, Roan gets on the mic. He's like, guys, I'm also.
Speaker 1: Going to be a dad and all, and we're having twins.
Speaker 6: Just completely Alpha and Frankie shot to no, we got it. We got a couple of songs that are in the tank that we've recorded sound pretty good. We're gonna shoot some music videos for him and then maybe play some festivals this summer.
Speaker 3: I love it. Second part question is if you guys are ever back in Nashville. I want to come back on stage.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I enjoy that so much. Yeah, being able to sing that's my favorite genre of music. I love it. I'm all about it. I don't care if I sound good or not. I am all about that.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're in love it, yep.
Speaker 3: So Beer Olympics for sure. So it sounds like we're not even leaving bar Storre anymore.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 5: My last question for Will, because we're probably never gonna speak again, do you do you want one last time for p F T and I to explain to you why you go for two down fourteen with like five minutes? You want us to explain it to you because I like its from now when this decision or next season when the situation comes up.
Speaker 1: And you're like, what the fuck why are they doing this, We're not picking up the call. We're not gonna help you.
Speaker 2: You don't have to. I still just tweet it out.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, we're not gonna help you through this.
Speaker 2: You can explain it, but we've also talked about it, and you and pf T can explain those rules to me. Every coach that's come through has talked about that's not true. They can shove analytics up there ast.
Speaker 1: That it's not analytics, it's just math.
Speaker 2: I understand them.
Speaker 1: You don't understand.
Speaker 2: There's no there's no math for moment.
Speaker 6: Do you know that any you know anything? There will is doing the thing where you use You use the term analytics to describe a number that you don't like. Yes, but you use all the numbers that you do like, all the corrects, like if you will, let me ask you this. You're down by twenty one points, it's the third quarter. What's your percentage of run versus pass?
Speaker 1: Gonna be high pass? That's analytics.
Speaker 6: And here he goes to the fucking stat nerd over here doing analytics.
Speaker 1: On us and the crunching numbers. Nerd boy, Yeah, look, I don't math.
Speaker 6: It's never won a Super Bowl?
Speaker 3: Will get them.
Speaker 6: They don't even use numbers for the Super Bowls. It's it's math numbers.
Speaker 2: I understand it's math, bro, but it's like, Uh, if you don't get it, you're gonna have You're gonna that doesn't mean you're going to get it the.
Speaker 1: Next Statistically, if you trust those, it's.
Speaker 9: Fifty to fifty if you have a good play. Yeah, but and what about it? Just think of the negative, not the positive. Mike Vrabel, the guy you love, did this against the Dolphins and it won them the game.
Speaker 1: I know Taylor knows that was Yeahami two years ago were.
Speaker 3: This is what.
Speaker 2: Dan Campbell Lions a couple of years ago when they're instead of instead of kicking a field.
Speaker 1: Goal, something different, talking talking to another.
Speaker 2: That's another down.
Speaker 5: Fourteen with with with three possessions left the game five minutes, six minutes, you score a touchdown, you go for two.
Speaker 6: Why would you do that, because if you guess you.
Speaker 5: Win the game touchdown stopping the ball again, you don't do it three persessions. When people ask like, would you do it in the third quarter? No, it's a very specific set of circumstances where you're down fourteen and there's say five minutes left. You know, the only way you're gonna win this game is you got to score, stop and score. You can't let them score again. So you're gonna have to make up those fourteen go for two the first time. If you don't get it, you go for to the second time. Statistically speaking, most NFL offenses have two point plays that are over fifty percent, So you're having two chances over fifty percent chance you're gonna get one of them.
Speaker 1: But if you get the first one, you can win in regulation.
Speaker 6: And does it always work, No, it doesn't. Sometimes sometimes it does get it right here, but it will work more often than do that.
Speaker 5: Going for two with how much time? Two forty left, they're down eight, so they just scored. It was twenty seven to thirteen, so they were down fourteen, they got the touchdown, they went for two, twenty seven to twenty one. Then they stopped, got a touchdown, kicked the extra point.
Speaker 1: One in regulation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I don't hate that all right, Okay, let's go. The time we started to go back and forth, though, was not over a well, no Campbell specific, it was analytics overall field goal moment as.
Speaker 5: What and I truly believe in did Dan Campbell, Like, I think there's a shock factor when he goes for these when you're sitting on your couch, But if you talk to anyone on the lines, they're like, we know we're going for it, Like we know we're doing this. There's we're playing pedal to the medal. You can disagree with the pedal to the medal, but he's consistently that way all the time. He's not going off gut vine, right, He's not like, oh the team exactly. It's like we're gonna fucking go for it and we're gonna step on their throat, right, so and.
Speaker 2: They don't get it.
Speaker 1: You're like, look at the against the Lions.
Speaker 6: And look at the Commanders this year in general, if you want to talk about like the upside of doing it. Dan Quinn was as a great I think he was more aggressive. Yeah, and it worked and we got to the fucking NFC Championship game, like Washington did that the command because.
Speaker 3: Of the aggressive nature the Eagles was crazy.
Speaker 1: But the Commanders Lions game, Yeah, they're nine point dogs. They go forward on their first fourth down.
Speaker 5: They don't get it. Marcus Mariota, like they everything gets sucked up. Dan Quinn wasn't like, oh ship, you know, he didn't get it. No, he went and then they got the next three of them.
Speaker 6: You know what the Dans do really good. They put themselves in the mindset of an opposing teams fan, which more coaches should do. Correct Like if you're watching at home and you're a fan of the Philadelphia Eagles and that first drive, I know we got our asses kicked, but that first drive, marching down the field, we keep going for it on fourth down. Eagles fans are like, I wish they'd fucking kick a field goal. Yeah, I wish they punt, you know. And if you can convert on those like, think about how how defeated they are when we do the thing that they don't want us to do. That's how more coaches should should look at it, Like what is he afraid of? On the other side? Is he is he happy that I'm kicking the ball? If so, fucking go for it, well you're nuts out.
Speaker 3: This is football, to be honest with you, Like that made so much time. Yeah, the Commanders first drive, they go for it twice on fourth down. I just said this. In the third time, they end up kicking the.
Speaker 6: Field Yeah, yeah, you should have gone for it.
Speaker 3: The four.
Speaker 1: I think that was like and that's.
Speaker 6: It was still short. But that's where the math comes into it, where that field goal you have a higher percentage of making that than you would kicking like a fifty one numbers again, but yeah, I would have been fine with going for that, would have been Okay, numbers, don't be scared.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're your friend.
Speaker 3: I'll be scared.
Speaker 6: Yeah, what's your favorite number?
Speaker 3: Seventy seven? Fifty one?
Speaker 1: Okay, it's pretty good. It's pretty good answer, simple, good answers. But I mean the Eagles, like.
Speaker 6: Like the middle of the field area fifty one.
Speaker 2: You think I have a brain to think like that.
Speaker 1: That's not that hard.
Speaker 3: She just brought it out of nowhere too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Eagles and are two of the most aggressive teams. The Eagles specifically, they're very aggressive.
Speaker 2: You look im, I'm with you.
Speaker 1: Here's some deep math. Sounds like you want to I.
Speaker 2: Don't want to punt.
Speaker 3: I like the three taking the three over going for giving your fun hypothetical.
Speaker 1: He knows he knows the crystal a lot of these coaches, and you go for it in that hypothetic, have to go for.
Speaker 2: I know I'm looking. I'm looking for a d to where the math comes in and you're like, all right, we're gonna pump the ball. That's what Ultimately, I want to see my homes down for inside the ten a minute twenty left, two time outs.
Speaker 3: I just I want to see that only quarterback to go seven and Eagles should go.
Speaker 1: For like the Eagles should any chance they get in five their own forty five.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I know it's stupid, like if you, uh, if Eagles are let's say up seven, they go up seven with a touchdown. Like I'm not a fan of this, but when it comes to Patrick Mahomes, I would be go for two to make it two possession games, because like, if you keep it a one possion game with Patrick Mahomes, he's gonna kill you.
Speaker 1: He's gonna kill you.
Speaker 5: And I normally would say, go go kick that act go up eight so that they have to score and they get a two point conversion. But with Patrick Mahomes, specifically, if you have a chance to go up two scores, you.
Speaker 3: Have to do it. If he's got the ball in his hands, last the last position in the game of ball, his hands and it's a one score game.
Speaker 6: So but think about this. Now, a lot of these coaches that are going forward short, they're calling plays on second down knowing they don't have to get ten.
Speaker 1: That's what Campbell does. It opens up the play book.
Speaker 3: Yes, right, yeah, yeah, Now you don't have to get a certainly sifitting four yards per.
Speaker 5: Carry right when it's when it's still, when it's third and eight, you don't say we have to throw it to the sticks. You have to just throw it.
Speaker 3: You gotta calls.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, I like it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't hate it.
Speaker 6: Like we converted.
Speaker 3: So punting is going to die soon. The commander.
Speaker 2: I still disagree with her not going for a versus taking the three. What do you mean obviously he's not a guaranteed.
Speaker 5: Played to win the game in what situation he played win basically Detroit last year he was.
Speaker 1: But it worked.
Speaker 3: No, I didn't it worked.
Speaker 6: They didn't execute he did it. He dropped the play that he was wide open.
Speaker 1: Part of the process. You also, you also just assume every field goal is made.
Speaker 2: Yeah you don't.
Speaker 1: You you don't use the numbers.
Speaker 5: When it comes to the field, Like I remember the Lion's kicker last year, it was like outdoors over forty five yards.
Speaker 1: He was like, fifty. You don't use those numbers.
Speaker 5: You're just like.
Speaker 1: Kickers, Brandon Aubrey, you do. It's all there, It's sixty years.
Speaker 3: He got fair.
Speaker 1: That's fair.
Speaker 6: I think another big part of it with the commanders was we didn't really trust our defense.
Speaker 1: So it's like that's all.
Speaker 5: Also like you saying, you guys was sucked up at the end of the season. It's like we can't. We can't expose them that.
Speaker 3: Have been so great to see Hutchinson come back for that Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: What a story that would We'll bring up this, uh this twist questions got it for?
Speaker 1: This is the last time Shirm is ever gonna pull up anything for this podcast.
Speaker 5: Yeah you want to you guys, by the way, you guys can all write down numbers. We'll I'll tell you all is a package?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right? Done? Whatever it is by a dollar, no deal. Oh I like that.
Speaker 2: This twist question.
Speaker 1: Right down your number, right down your number right now? If it's one dollar over Shirm terms of telling everyone your number.
Speaker 2: This twisted question is brought to us by Twisted Tea. Twisted teas a refreshing hard iced tea, maybe a real brood treat, real brood tea and five percent and very twisted tea goes down smoo. There is no carbonation, which makes it easy to drink all day long. Twist the tea feels fun and celebrates extreme fandom on game day, and it is the perfect alcohol or beverage for game day, whether tailgating in the parking lot, watching at a bar, or watching with friends at home. Twisted tea is there to turn up your game day. Keep it twisted with the boys and grab a refreshing twisted tea.
Speaker 6: Well, I'm gonna defend you. There's a lot of people that are like, well, Will Compton dumb jock.
Speaker 1: Dumb jock.
Speaker 6: Will was never good enough to be a jock. Okay, so just chill the fuck out your trolls. Back off, back off.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, if there was a podcast even the bar still sports that you somewhat enjoyed working with, what would be your advice for them in the future as they pursue a new opportunity.
Speaker 1: This is very clearly about Brendan Walker.
Speaker 6: See if prepares to leave.
Speaker 1: I would first say you're making a terrible mistake.
Speaker 6: No kidding, Uh what would be I would I would wish them good luck and I would say, uh, maybe maybe start your own meme coin.
Speaker 1: Really bring the community to get smart smart, Yeah.
Speaker 3: I feel and it's always one step ahead.
Speaker 1: Yeah, uh real advice.
Speaker 5: I would say, the outside world gets very noisy and you just have to like you guys know, with the locker room, it's as long as the people inside the room are feel good about what they're doing making each other laugh. Everything else is just noise. It really is like, it's as long as we make each other laugh, and Max and Hank and Memes and all, well we all make each other laugh.
Speaker 1: Whatever.
Speaker 5: People, people are gonna nitpick every little thing you do in this profession and it's just noise.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 6: Don't try to chase anything. Yeah, focus it cats right, focus.
Speaker 1: On like and you can't listen.
Speaker 5: When you listen to the noise, you you then change how you act, you know what I mean. Like, there is such a thing as too much feedback where it's like if one person says, oh I didn't like this or I didn't like that, then you change it. Like there's there's there are people I can guarantee you I've shut off most of the outside noise. But there I can guarantee you there are awls who don't like our fastest two minutes. Oh yeah, And imagine if we listen to them and not listen to the silent majority of people who love it and who like they're they're not saying anything because they love it, you know what I mean. It's the vocal minority that you can't let them dictate how you do your content.
Speaker 6: It's also something that we forget all the time that there are a lot of people that listen to the podcast that don't tweet at us, right, they don't have social media, that don't comment on YouTube, that don't the majority, yeah, the majority.
Speaker 1: So like you're not hearing feedback from them.
Speaker 6: You're hearing feedback from people that like, are very active and part of that, which is great. Like sometimes it's good feedback, but you can't don't don't change what you're trying to do because like, oh, there's five people that told us.
Speaker 5: This sucks, right, I love, I mean, I love the people who interact with the show on Twitter, Reddit or wherever they're they're doing the YouTube comments. But like, you have to remember that ninety nine point of the people are listening are not on those things and if you if so, if you listen to just those things, you're just gonna cater to the point one percent and then it's gonna change everything you do.
Speaker 3: Greatest podcast, don't listen to the noise.
Speaker 1: Just be your be yourself. Boys.
Speaker 6: You could also do like a caller daddy and just pivot to talking about trauma.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I get real deep.
Speaker 6: With Also, I'd love to hear that.
Speaker 5: I would say for you guys specifically, like just wait for us to do stuff and then just rip it off.
Speaker 2: Oh, we'll be out there. I think we're going to three days a week.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, what did he say?
Speaker 5: Really?
Speaker 2: Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday.
Speaker 3: That's that's what we're just talking about. A couple of days ago we're gonna do.
Speaker 1: I love that if their pod came out on Sundays, it would be so good.
Speaker 5: I thought this was I actually thought, you guys sitting down with us is gonna be just like an end of a five year bit where you're like, yeah, we we honestly like Dave hired us to top of you guys and just see if you were cool with it.
Speaker 1: It's like we passed. We were pretty cool with it.
Speaker 3: I can't wait to see what you guys do next. We can do it. It's gonna be awesome.
Speaker 1: Man. We love you guys.
Speaker 2: That will never shake that when we shake, you decide by the by the loud minority. They said it loud minority. Yeah, but you guys take it real serious. Loud minority. You guys don't mean ship.
Speaker 1: You don't like minorities. Is that what you're saying?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: He put some on.
Speaker 1: He was like, you were emphasizing the wrong word.
Speaker 6: There you loud minority. Min You shut the fuck up minority.
Speaker 1: The the.
Speaker 5: Uh. I've told both of you this separately, but like you guys are going to kill it. And I'm I'm I'm proud of you guys one because it's a really hard business to be in. And I'm happy for you guys because it's a dream. Like you get to keep doing your dream and you get paid one hundred and forty million.
Speaker 3: Do appreciate that and that conversation still and the conversation that was awesome.
Speaker 1: I'm happy for you guys. We get a dollar.
Speaker 6: Ye. I hope, I hope that you guys are successful because I think that means if people come to Barstool, they get big, they go somewhere else in their success. That means that more people who are talented on the come up are gonna want to work for Barstool to that same opportunity.
Speaker 1: So I'm a big Rising Tide lifts.
Speaker 6: Also, it's guys. Also one piece of advice, if one of you could like accidentally go live on Instagram while you're boning somebody, that would be that would be awesome.
Speaker 5: The PFT is right though, the rising Tide thing, like the when you realize that, like this world is too tough anyway, and like the pie is big enough, like everyone get a slice of. Not everything's gonna be a competition. Not everyone's gonna be like, oh they did that, fuck them like that? So you'll kill yourself doing that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I never want to become an old bitter guy in the business, right that that hates it when people are successful, right right?
Speaker 2: We love you, guys, appreciate you. Yes, it's been a good little pot, godspeed, love it one hundred and forty million.
Speaker 5: Sure, I'm thinking corner office like that. Okay, talk about you guys, to talk ball would walk out of the room.
Speaker 3: I'd be upset. I'd I'd be sad. I mean, if you paid a.
Speaker 1: Lot, it's like, yeah, it's like you guys hypocritical, you can't take Yeah, it's.
Speaker 6: A great opportunity.
Speaker 3: Opportunity man, I'm gonna have to see the higher I might if you're gonna leave, you go to PMT, have to send me your your stipend every single month, you're your bank statement.
Speaker 1: I might just give him a no show job. You didn't have to move this highte hire.
Speaker 2: He's just playing.
Speaker 3: Pubg all day, chasing chat in the same group chat. Just be like, hey, what are we going on?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: All right, boys, Appreciate you.
Speaker 3: Appreciate you.
Speaker 2: Kisses