Speaker 1: It's good to be doing this video thing with you guys. Love it. What I don't know, My energy is different when I'm on video Mack.
Speaker 2: You better get that energy, Jack. Don't don't do this. Don't do this now, don't know what to do. You better keep that hand away from your face.
Speaker 1: Oh no, don't do it. I don't know what to do. I'm gonna record the whole podcast with my hands, like you're gonna have to fucking tape your tape your hands to your head or so shit. Ah, what's up, folks? All right?
Speaker 3: Ready, items on my head, Hello the Internet, and welcome to season three sixty two, Episode three of Derny's Yay production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: We are still America's only undecided podcast. It's so close, and yet we still need more information. I was personally waiting on the Washington Post to tell me who before I was waiting on Jeff Bezos any any word on whether he's on the sidelines. Man, he's on the sidelines. He's on the sidelines. Well all right. Well, in addition to you know, just trying to make up our mind about this dang election, this is a podcast where we take a deep dive into America Share Consciousness. And it is Wednesday, October thirtieth, twenty twenty four. All hallo's eve Eh what does that mean? Oh? Well, guess what. It's National Publicist Day, thank you and thank you and every day publicist Day. As far as I'm concerned, they're the cream of the crop, the best people that we've got. Yes, yes, it's also National Candy Corn Day and National Wicked Day. Wicked, mate, but he's not Wicked like Wicked, Pissa. No, it's for Wicked the musical. Bro Wicked the Musical. Yeah, yeah, and I'm told it's gonna be a big hit. I can't wait to get a lot of people very excited for that. I'm the gettio prediction from our guest, who is a bit of a cinema head. Yeah, what, there's there's a word for that. Celluloid freak. Yeah, celluloid freak is the one. All right. My name is Jack O'Brien aka eat Mouse. It's the future of our meat. Eat mouse, tender, juicy and so sweet. Eat mouse. It's sustainable land freak, eat mouse. You can pluck him off the street. That one courtesy of Blinky Heck on the Discord shouts out to Blinky Heck in reference to the conversation we had about James Carville and how we suspect he probably consumes. Would you say, read a four mice at every meal? Who? James Common?
Speaker 2: Who he'd like he'd like to eat at least five mice five mouse a meal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's called protein, baby, and I think we settled on. He extrudes the waste as pellets like an ow right.
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't know if I got Maybe I missed that part. We definitely has a throat beak that.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, he has the throat beak like a squid. Usually just sits in a bog like up to his eyes in bog water and just watches for little critics to come back exactly. Yeah, they're delicious. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Does he have a gizzard too? Don't gizzard's help SkELL.
Speaker 1: It gives a lizard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, his favorite band is King gives it in a lizard, wizard Can gives it the lizard Wizzle.
Speaker 4: The Gizzard of Odd sequel to Wicked, Wicked or Gicked.
Speaker 2: I would like to I would tell you for my team, my publicist team, and word play like that.
Speaker 1: You don't come around too often now that's called world class. As world class, I'm thrilled to be joined as always by my co host, mister Miles Gras. Oh it's Miles great Hey. And I said, what about Anger Management? He said, I think I remember the film and as I recall, I walked out halfway through it, and I said, well.
Speaker 2: You're a real son of a bitch, You're real tough. Shuy huh, you're walking out of anger man.
Speaker 1: It's shit, all right. Shout out, bottles and fans. Just flap your hands on the discord for that wonderful retroscitivity is deep blue something that was definitely a deep blue something. Mm hmm. My light's just turned off in the middle of that. I'm gonna go turn them on. It's called the Holy Spirit. Nope, they didn't turn off. The lights just all burnt out at the same time. Anyways, it's craft. Yeah, yes, scars smiles. We are thrilled to be joined in our third seat by a very talented writer, stand up comedian co host of The Bechdel Cast, one of the great film podcasts. They also happen to have a masters degree in film. The anagrammable name in the English language, So if you've been given their name in a jumble of out of order scrabble tiles. You may know them as Lauren d Titanic or nine Tit Dracula, but to us they will always be Latin. Answer you T.
Speaker 4: Yes, I it's nine Tit Dracula season. That is true, true spooky season. So I would request that you refer to me as nine tit.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, nineteen So what's new anything? I think, Yeah, now that we're a video podcast, like we gotta have that like toxic energy, you know, like the yeah, it's up, nine tit. How's it going? So just drinking my daddy's Seltzer. Let's go. Let's go, Daddy Seltzer, Let's go. I'm just gonna say, let's go. A thousand times. I went as a two Tit Dracula, as a as a gosh dang Dracula to a Halloween party over the weekend, and I went just like a little bit over, like over made up and like my costume was a little bit no, it wasn't. It wasn't on tone for the party. The party was more of a glam party with like Halloween accents, and I was just a whole whole ass dang Dracula.
Speaker 4: What's that? Okay? I forget who it is, but they tweeted, Yes.
Speaker 1: I refer to it as I almost went a full bob of duke at a wine at the wine party over the week. It wasn't. It wasn't all the way there. Katie Dipples still the king or queen of that. That's the best tweet. I think it's a It's the one reason tweet. Yeah, shout out to Gabris who retweets it every year. It's like my annual retweet of Katie Dipples the greatest tweet of all time. Caitlin, how are you doing? Oh?
Speaker 4: You know, I'm alive?
Speaker 2: Okay, we we weren't sure. We wanted to confirm that, but I'm glad to know this.
Speaker 4: I speaking, I'm alive. I'm not yet undead as nine tip Dracula, So still alive. Yeah, doing all right?
Speaker 1: All right, Well, Caitlyn, we're gonna get to know you a little bit better in a moment. First, a couple of the things that we're talking about on this our inaugural video episode, which is dropping on Friday.
Speaker 2: We swear to god it is you guys for the bro the doubters you were. You were right for the first couple of weeks, but now you're wrong.
Speaker 1: But now you're despite the fact that I was not recording up until this point, and they looked very grainy up until this moment. Look at me, Yeah, look at me. Y'all said I couldn't do it. But now look at me. I'm not look at me. You can see me in high high fidelity. Anyways, we're gonna talk about whether porn could cost Trump the election. Probably not, but we will look at a fun new political ad where a Republican just appears while a guy's jacking off in his room and tells him to stop jacking off, and then he doesn't just I can't tell, like he doesn't seem to. We're gonna talk about the how the the racist fascists are no longer holding back. It's just like they've been having this conversation together in but in private rooms aka on their podcasts forever and then now they're like being going on CNN and just saying the wildest, most racist shit and it's not going over so well. So we'll talk about that, and we'll talk about that why the World series just taking out of it anything that's happening on the baseball field during during the play, which the Dodgers are winning pretty handily, has just been a weird, weird look for the city of New York. We're gonna look at two opening acts. We're gonna look at Ice Cube opening for the Dodgers and Fat Joe coming out opening up for the Yankees, and just who won that? All that plenty more. But first, Caitlin, we do like to ask our guests, what is something from your search history that's revealing about who you are?
Speaker 4: I looked up flights to London to see if I could go and if it would make sense to go and be affordable to go, which it's not for me to go see Paddington three in the UK because it opens like two months before it does right in the US, which is soon. It opens in the UK on November eighth.
Speaker 2: Wait, wait, there's no deals right now. I feel like there's always like in November. They're like, are you seriously going to travel in November, Like unless it's not in the US during Thanksgiving, Like I feel like there always deals November early December, but they don't exist.
Speaker 4: It seems like there's something that is like vaguely doable.
Speaker 2: But it's no, it's not like doesn't make your mouth water with the deal. What's quite the deal? I get that, I get that.
Speaker 4: But if anyone wants to venmo me so that I can go on this very important journey to not only see Paddington three when it opens in the UK on November eighth, but also go on a Paddington Tea afternoon tea bus tour and go to the Paddington Experience, which you just like, walk through a few rooms and it's patting.
Speaker 1: Those are never disappointing. The play never disappointed, always good.
Speaker 4: I went on the Shrek one, Uh love didn't thank you so much? And it changed my life? Is it?
Speaker 1: It was really good?
Speaker 2: Well, let's not well, I got a terrible stash. I got a terrible stash. It was hospitalized with neuro virus from going there.
Speaker 1: Plus, you can see Paddington three in its original British cut, you know where they haven't changed the accents.
Speaker 4: Yeah, really heavily americanized it.
Speaker 1: Americanized it over here. That's I'm marmalade. He's eating when he's over in England. You could tell Peanut butter Man. That's what is what is something Kaitlin, you think is underrated.
Speaker 4: Okay, this is less an underrated thing and more something that just doesn't really exist yet that I think should exist.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: Is adult trick or treating?
Speaker 1: You're saying no, meaning don't have someone give you a weird look when you're an adult being like trick or treat man, Yeah, yes I would, or you shouting I'm just a little guy. You got any beer? Or brother got any beer.
Speaker 4: Here's the thing, I know, it's creepy for an adult to show up at other adults houses and demand candy. So if we need to re envision trick or treating as adults, I am happy to do that. But I think, like I want a whole bucket full of like an assortment of different candies, because sure, I can go out and buy some candy, but it's gonna be like just like one type of candy, even with like the variety bags, it's still like my brand I want. So what I'm gonna do, I think, is throw a party. Everyone is invited, all the listeners coming down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, worldwide invite stock.
Speaker 1: That was supposed to be like woodstock, but it didn't really scan. But what work stop you get it? Yeah, yeah, fenst like fenced. God damn it. Why am I so bad? Sorry? Why are you so good?
Speaker 2: Because I'm an only child and I grew up talking to myself and fantasizing about going to LA, which.
Speaker 4: Takes place in my one bedroom apartment.
Speaker 1: Everyone's invited. What's going on?
Speaker 4: So we're all you got to bring a type of candy and then but enough for everyone and then all trick or treat amongst each other.
Speaker 1: I was saying it would be cool if they were like neighborhoods are like yo, this is twenty one and over, so the ship or door is like for adults, so you can have a lot of fun with it, you know what I.
Speaker 4: Mean, Like a block party.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's it happens like our neighborhood. They're the fun houses that will like give out like shots to the adults, and then the adults will be like a little bit drunk, a little bit too drunk in some cases, walking around with their kids giving me hugs when I've only met them like once before. Here, I'm a hugger. I'm a hugger. I'm not actually Batman. Sure you are, Yeah, it's though, okay, thanks, Yeah, I don't trigger treating like should be more. I recently also, you know, made a pitch for adult fund zones or what's the sky zones, you know, but there are some kid things that we just need to take. We're bigger than them. We can physically wrest it from their control. The sky zone and trigger treating will look too fun to just leave it to kids, you know. Yeah, yeah, strong arm robbery sounds that's right. But I do like that you would leave it candy because that's fun, because.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I mean you can make it is you know. Super Producer Victor mentioned edibles, you know, dummy easers.
Speaker 1: All candy should be edible, right, is that? Yeah? On this podcast? Hold on, what do you mean? Wait? Are you one of these druggies Producer Victor? Oh no, okay, well we're going to have a talk. Yeah, that's just not a path. I want to see you. Hey, where do you get that? Way? Where do you get that? Where do you let me know?
Speaker 4: But as a square, I want just regular ass yeah candy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I'm a I'm a super square. I would love regular ass candy. So I don't have to like, you know, just not I don't steal it from my kids. But like I do, take their Halloween candy and like put it somewhere where they're going to kind of forget about it, so that like a month later I just then have like an evening where I'm like, God's Jack, He's told to bury it, sting there looking at me. Yeah. Anyways, what, Caitlin, is something you think is overrated?
Speaker 4: Well, I know that it's whatever National candy corn Day, But candy corn it's most overrated that ever happened.
Speaker 1: Happens every year.
Speaker 2: We lo Look, we lose about ten percent of our audience every October. We're down to about fifteen people. And I'm sorry, but yeah, it's speak truth.
Speaker 4: It's so disgusting.
Speaker 1: Is it for you? Disgusting? Is it underwhelming? Is it everything? No?
Speaker 4: Well it's not to me. It's not edible. Speaking of candy that is not edible, I'm eating sugary wax that looks like shit and it tastes like shit.
Speaker 1: I hate it. Boom. I mean your ship is better, it's cooler looking the mind, clearly, But I my the thing. I am a I'm an icing bitch. I will eat the ice off your cake. You know, even if you didn't ask, even if you didn't ask, I will just like you. You shouldn't have left it unguarded like that. And I think of candy corn as basically hardened icing, as opposed to the wax, which does kind of fuck it up if you think about it too much.
Speaker 2: Either way, It's like, hey man, what if you think it recontextualized it as old ass icing.
Speaker 1: That's how I get into it, And that's yummy. Yeah, I like sugar. What could I say? But it's buttery. It is buttery. It's buttery sugar. Maybe I just need to like have like a beispoke candy corn, like the ship that's like extruded from machines like by the millions. No, if like hand crafted candy, hand rolled one, I'd be open to that, and I probably end up offending them by being like it's so bad, you fucking dumb. Yeah, all right, let's uh, let's take a quick break. We'll come back and we'll talk about porn and the upcoming election. We'll be right.
Speaker 5: Back, yes, and we're back.
Speaker 1: And there's a lot of bad things in Project twenty twenty five. You know, we talked yesterday about the ester project that will make it so that just speaking on behalf of Palestinians or protesting against Israel will count as will put you on a terrorist watch list essentially. But another thing that's been in there like that, So the Astor project, I think was added in October, something that's been there from day one, and it's not buried like on page nine hundred. It is on page five of the introduction to mandate for leadership is a bam on pornography. And you know, this seems to be less about banning porn and more about banning you know, pornography and quotes, which they broadly define as anything concerning sexuality and gender. So it's just another way to attack LGBTQ plus rights like wedding photos count. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it was, you know, just to be like it's a man and a woman and they're just so this is gender. I don't know, but I guess really it's just about scaring people away from embracing any kind of sexuality at all.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: They literally claim that porn is invading school libraries. Yeah, so it's it's not any definition of pornography I'm familiar with.
Speaker 2: Was there like a thing? And I hate to be so depraved so early in the morning. But like there was like that book in your school library where there was a naked person picture, even though it's probably a medical diagram, Like get over.
Speaker 1: Here, I mean Gray's Anatomy. Maybe I just remember there was like remember, like, yeah, it would is very basic. Dude, is in this book? Oh my god? It was important but it was a medical journal. But anyway, Wait, was the book called Grey's Anatomy or is that just the name of the show. I thought there is a book called there and is the premise that her mom wrote that book? Is that the premise of the TV show Grays Anatomy or just coincidence that she has the same last name. I think that's just a pun, right, Okay, got it? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, And it begs the question where is the spin off slash remake called fifty Shades of Grays?
Speaker 1: Wow? Yeah, Grey's Anatomy? You and dupre we could just keep doing this all right? So this week a Democratic pack released an ad in which a dude is about to jack off. WHOA, don't spoil it, don't spoil it. Yeah, we can watch one. Let's check.
Speaker 2: I just want to know what it's like. Okay, just here it is. Let's let's embrace this ad that should just scare everyone. I guess, yeah, okay, so here we go.
Speaker 6: Whoa, yeah, sorry, you can't do that. I'm your Republican congressman. Now that we're in charge, we're banning born nationwide.
Speaker 1: You can't tell me what to do. Get out of my bedroom.
Speaker 6: Still last election, So what's my decision. I'm just going to watch and make sure you don't finish illegally.
Speaker 2: Oh and then's okay, Oh and then it looped. Okay, the video loop. So I thought he was just back to being like whatever, dude.
Speaker 1: He does, watch if you're of what the politician is seeing. Yeah, So for listeners who didn't get to see the video, it's a guy in his bedroom. He has the facial expression of like so he thinks like jacking off is really funny, or like he's in the eighties and just been given his like smartphone from the future. He's like so amazed by it. And then a politician shows up and is like give me that, and like takes his phone, and then he like keeps working away under the thing as he's talking to the politician, which I thought was an interesting choice.
Speaker 4: But it's he's there's still movement under the blankets still doing something. We're not quite sure.
Speaker 2: He might be just switching up techniques right now. He's just like, oh, I need to go for something worse. I can evade the government.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know if this will be effective, but fuck it, let's give it a shot, you know, yeah, scare them, scare them. Yeah, I mean to maybe get some boys who are like over voted, like over representative among Trump voters, like a little bit feeling what it's like to have somebody fuck with your bodily autonomy. Right it's you know, it's not so the right wing pundits are like, this is vulgar and X rated, whereas it looks more like an airline edit of an American pie movie. But it's truly still it did have that early odds late nineties. I'm doing something under.
Speaker 2: This blanket, real dramatic, like filling the blank yourself, even though it's pretty clear. Yeah, I don't know if this will move the needle. I sure, I hope it does. But I mean, like I wonder if, like all those bro podcasts that Trump went on, if he's like, and you know, I'm gonna ban porno.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like if they're like, oh, sick dude, sick Trump. That's so sick dude, Like exactly, I don't even need that stuff, dude, because I'm like so in just many relationships identically, so I need not pornographic material to like do that stuff. Yeah, so this ad comes after I'm Not intended, a one hundred thousand dollars ad campaign organized by seventeen pornographic film actors, which began playing ads on porn sites and swing states early earlier this month, informing people who were just there to enjoy pornography about the proposed ban. So, yeah, I don't know, I feel like it's probably let's give everything a shot. I don't think this is necessarily going to be the thing that wins the election for the Democrats, but you never know, hey, you never they needed a champion.
Speaker 2: It was the hands Off my Porn campaign, which is so weird that we've gone from like messaging like hands off my Bible, hands off my guns, and they were like hands off my.
Speaker 1: Porn, and we're like, oh, this is true at that camp. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, let's let's let us have our pornography. Another pack followed a similar strategy, urging porn users to enjoy while you can. The fact that the ads contained a photo of Donald Trump probably rendered so like people are on a porn site and then they there is like an ad with Donald Trump's face on it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're just doing a terrible job I think, just generally of educating people, if like people don't understand civics enough to know like what what's at stake and has to be like, hey, dude, you better jerk off while you can, I know, because since coming up to like, oh.
Speaker 1: So, it really is just like such lowest come denominator bullshit, Like when you ask Trump voters like what they're worried about, Like all of the things are made up. It's just all It's like I'm worried about the cat eating people, right exactly. It's just all conspiracy theories and bullshit.
Speaker 4: This sounds too obvious to say, go on like and not to you know, to diminish the pornography as a as an industry and the actors and entertainers who work in porn. And because I know this something a lot of people are speaking out against as being like yeah, vote, but like, can't we just get to the core of the issue, which is to stop funding the genocide, and that could be the thing that.
Speaker 2: Kind of relationship with that, So we'd rather just be like the porn boogeyman.
Speaker 4: It's it was wild, but yeah, I just had to say it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I mean the whole thing seems everything, but the actual issues that even their own voting base is like, how about none of this? Yeah, and they're like, see that that we can't that Pandora's box cannot be closed at this point for us politically. So we're just gonna slam into the right lane and see if we can pick off some people and.
Speaker 1: Hopefully guys hang on and if they do lose, If the Democrats do lose, it will be our fault for having asked that question.
Speaker 2: They will blame again. They're gonna blame Arab and Muslim voters. They're going to blame black men. They're not going to blame white people, who are the ones who are going to be voting trumping in overwhelming numbers. And that'll be kind of like I feel like the post mortem on the election.
Speaker 1: Unless so much. They will be blamed as well, yes, and they'll be.
Speaker 4: Like, oh man, we should have made more of those porn ads. More dudes jerking off under a blanket that's.
Speaker 1: Different, you like, look different, so people will be like, oh, yeah, that is me. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I get people of all people, of all genders jerk off to porn. Why is it just this guys?
Speaker 1: I think it's Morris looking guy because everything's white guys. Still, it's okay anyway get it in. Why you can't I guess all right? I do want to just look at this, you know, in continuation of what we talked about in yesterday's episode or what we talked about earlier this week where the kill Tony guy did a wholehilarious joke about Puerto Rico and carving watermelons with his black friend, because it just it feels like the fascists are just letting the masks, not not really slip, but just like taking it off and being like, oh shit, people are people are looking. So there was a panel on CNN yesterday. This guy, Ryan Gurdusky told Medi Hassan, I hope your beeper doesn't go off after Medi Hassan said I support the rights of Palestinian people, like, yeah, very normal, very normal response in this era, because yeah, you are the reflex of closed minded people. Is to be like, oh, you advocate for Palestinian rights, are you Jamas? Yeah, he literally says that. He's like, yeahs you support a moss you like this is so infuriating.
Speaker 2: But again, I think, like to your point, we're just in that phase right now where people literally don't give a fuck. They're like, I'm I'm a vile racist, big it, and I'm just gonna say stuff and like you're gonna have to deal with it. So here's the clip of Mehdi Hassan and Gurdusky Oni Wis.
Speaker 1: Nobody wants to be called Nazis. It's very inflammatory. But if you don't want to be called Nazis, stop doing table and people know by me, I never called you. I mean, I'm not saying her saying I'm a support of the Palestinians.
Speaker 7: I'm instrument.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I hope your beaper doesn't go off. The thing is that you should know, you should be kill.
Speaker 2: It's wild that you can tell who the conservatives are on the panel because they're just like this, they're just shutting the funk up like they're not they're not disgusting. They're like, I'm not going to co sign that, but I will not be outraged.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, go on, yes, let me look about let me let me just guys, are you are you apologize Ryan? Right? That is, don't.
Speaker 4: Say don't say then I apologize you.
Speaker 1: Literally, you didn't think.
Speaker 2: This is like it's so chaotic. I mean, that's really the that's really the main part of it. He definitely looks like one of those guys who makes a terrible joke and then doubles down, like but it's realizing in real time. It's like, dude, you totally just fucked up right there.
Speaker 1: And he's like is it or he looks like he just came in his pants. I can't tell which one of it. Like he's like his eyes like are like just kind of like a little may have been trying to work out of their Yeah, game, that's probably more likely. But also I don't know what racism does to these people.
Speaker 2: But it's just unbelievable that again, this guy like goes on CNN and like he really don't like this. I think this also speaks to how these people speak to each other exactly because he thought, oh, yeah, dude, I'll make a beeper comment and that always gets a laugh at the very least people are like, oh, okay, but he didn't realize he's also in a room full of people who actually have like the capacity for empathy, and they're like, dude, that is beyond the pale, like what they're even saying.
Speaker 1: He's like, I'm sorry, I thought he said he was hummas and it. So then it would be like even the logic of his apology is very very off. Yeah, because yeah, after he got kicked off CNN, he went on social media and complained that like CNN can't take a joke, So like, what was the joke that people who look like medi his honor being systematically slaughtered with state sponsored terrorism with the consent of the mainstream media, and you're like making fun of him for that? Yeah, that's the sorry I made reference to a terrorist attack in mass maiming?
Speaker 4: Is that a comment?
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm sorry? So can I get notes?
Speaker 5: Then?
Speaker 2: What should I have said there? But still had to be like a babe bit pager centric joke? Just nonsense, Yeah, he really you can stay on see it like he's again, he's doing this whole thing.
Speaker 1: He's like he went on his substack. So you've been banned from cable news my best advice for future conservatives dealing with a double standard. Wow. Yeah, and that really wasn't fair. I mean, I don't know he's the one.
Speaker 2: In all fairness to him. I think the news coverage doesn't quite extend humanity to Palestinian people.
Speaker 1: So maybe he thought he was. He was like, we're a monthst Wait what what y'all don't talk? Wait? Okay, so I'm the bad guy now? I wait. The way you guys covered that story seemed like you didn't have that big a problem with it, Like so sorry, yeah, just a very CNN was like, okay, well we'll make an example of him while not having to deal with our own shit about how we just didn't.
Speaker 2: And now and next up and next up, our guest is going to be the youngest grand Wizard of the Kooper. We're gonna just get in their mind a little bit, see what they think about it.
Speaker 1: Just a really young upstart. Yeah okay, yeah, I don't know. Meanwhile, the mainstream media spent like the last couple of weeks, I feel like, normalizing Trump, talking about how good his numbers are with different voting blocks, different minority voting blocks, emphasizing how cool the McDonald's stunt was like, I don't know, we're on the verge of like outright open fascism, and they're like, man pretending to be a fry cook. Just win Trump the election and then yeah, I don't know. I just like if he wins, I just I don't know what that does to the what what people are like, Like what will these people just be more and more willing to come out and say shit like this? And what does that do? I mean we saw that in once Trump took off this. Yeah, that's your take on this.
Speaker 4: Well, my take is that fascism is already here. It will be a worse version of fascism with Trump in office if he gets elected. But I think the Democratic Party is currently so far right of where I stand politically, and the fact that they are again funding and enabling and cheering on a genocide. I would call that straight up fascism already. So yeah, that's my take.
Speaker 2: No, I mean, it's it's just so I mean, yeah, they're they're so far like they're basically like what Bush was running on in ninety two, Like he's kind of like they're like, yeah, so Clintonian triangulation takes.
Speaker 1: You all the way over here and all the way back.
Speaker 2: And we've triangulated to the point where we've completely just ignored the entire like a solid seventy percent of the base to truly court people who don't give a fuck, which again, this will be all of the Democratic parties. This will be of their own making if this election does not go their way, because you look like to your point, they've completely gone so far right and abandoned all these policies they had even from their twenty twenty platform, even just like Kamala being all caging on like trans rites and gender confirming procedures and just being like, well, you know, we'll do what's consistent with the law.
Speaker 4: What the law where so many states.
Speaker 1: So there's okay, so.
Speaker 4: Care yeah, so yeah. In a lot of instances, like and she's like more of the wall, let's keep building like all these things that I'm like, you're she's a fascist.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But Beyonce performed, and that's the cool thing.
Speaker 1: That's what like really fucks me up about.
Speaker 2: Just sort of like the the machine of the Democratic Party is like just they can do this whole like smoke and mirrors thing.
Speaker 8: With like like look at all the celebrities too, Like, don't you want to be like these people who have wealth you will never even get close to and are so insulated by their class that they they will not know the effects of like any presidency anyway.
Speaker 1: I have any rooms for the past I don't know, decade.
Speaker 4: Don't you relate to these bazillionaire celebrities who are so huge and so insulated from everything that's going on with their privilege. Don't you want to be cool like Beyonce and vote for commons. It's a whole thing.
Speaker 2: It's just yeah, it's just it's very, very dark, and I don't know. The one thing is like it that I've noticed is when the Republicans are in power, the Democrats get out raised about things. So like when Trump's in power, it's like, dude, we got to do something about law enforcement, we got to do something about like our immigration policies, we got to do something about this, that and the other. So maybe if Trump wins, they'll sudden be like, we got to stop this genocide in like in Gaza or something, just because they're like, well, you know, now that we're on the other side of it, now we get to be angry about it.
Speaker 1: And do nothing. But again, what good is it if the bombs continue to drop. Yeah, I don't know how successful that will be with Trump and office, but hey, it's not working now. So yeah, yeah, we've got two good options. And that's you know, huge open fascism that basically ends America as we know it, and ongoing fascism that continues America down a right word path as we know it.
Speaker 4: So yeah, overt fascism and slightly less overt, not even covert over.
Speaker 2: It's fascism or fascism with emojis flags.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly. Yay, let's take a break and talk about the World Series. We'll be right back, and we're back. We're back and by the time you hear this, see this, Yeah, the World Series itself maybe over. Yeah, it could be.
Speaker 2: God no, not the West side being the best side again.
Speaker 1: Kaitlin huge baseball fan.
Speaker 4: Oh I love it. It's my favorite sport. I've watched all the games I know have ever happened, and every ever had, every single one.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: I like that lady who like recorded like broadcast television for twenty years, you know.
Speaker 6: Like.
Speaker 4: Everything I'm over here t V owing.
Speaker 1: You can't stop it. Once they invented TiVo. You couldn't switch to the new one because you're already you know double I paid for house school with pemos.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I love it. I love first base, love second base.
Speaker 1: Wow, but I was gonna ask, Yeah, let's all name our favorite basis.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm talking about porn I guess.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, good, Yeah I was too, and first base is my favorite. I love fifth base. Who is that when you're in the dugout and Fat Joe walks out exactly and you got all right? So, I mean one of the reasons that this World Series was eagerly anticipated is because there is a long and storied rivalry between New York and Los Angeles and culture in rap in baseball, like these teams have played more than any other team, and so I don't know, I feel like it has not gone well for New York, like in baseball, but also in like the cultural surrounding of of these games. We got we got two opening acts to compare right, so behind door a door l a uh. In Game two in Dodger Stadium, we had ice Cube coming out and performing bow down. Oh so good for the West Coast. Don I I like that they gave the announcing job to somebody who wasn't like the normal announcer solrow up your duves before we get there, Like, hey, you're playing West Side Connection bow Down.
Speaker 2: This is this is This was the perfect intro. Okay, because I've been saying this is big. This rivalry is bigger than baseball.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It has a total veneer of like the hip hop rivalry and the subtlety of like you're saying, of like La versus New York, who's better that part will never be able to sort of settle. We can settle who's the better baseball team, and we can settle had the better people from their city come out to represent the city. And this song from West Side Connection bow Down was sort of you know, like in the midst of the East Coast West Coast beef and you have someone who is so seminal to gangster rap and hip hop generally as ice Cube. This felt like such a great the physical manifestation of like a great La hip hop moment, and I'm like, this is this was.
Speaker 1: Perfectly some was out, the palm trees are out. Ice Cube seems like up to the moment he's got the crowd in his hand. Yeah, he's like doing like they're both both ice Cube and Fat Joe do these like little weird al flourishes, where like ice Cube is like messed around freaking Yankees every way like Kobe and the crowd, Like you hear the crowd go crazy when he does that, right, and then Fat Joe is just like doing it all over, just like inserting like Dodgers into his raps and stuff, and everyone in the Yankee stadium is just like silent. So I just do want to I think this is when he did. Today was a good day. Just you can see the people in the crowd like just vibrating.
Speaker 2: Look, yeah, like even Dave Roberts is just such a good like it's l a like I'm I was saying, like a friend of mine he went with his dad, and I was like, I don't even I'm like, is is it worth a ticket? And party was like for that moment to have like such a good like West Coast rap moment, I'm like, that could be worth it. But yeah, Fat Joe, I think left a lot to be Look, and I'm not and i am biased, and.
Speaker 1: I'm not hard, I'm not and I'm wait, I'm biased. I'm biased with hell, but I love New York hip hop too, And I think one of the things when I saw Ice Cube come out, I was saying to other people, I was like, the gauntlet has been laid down. Now who are they going to match in terms of like stature, history, whatever. And yeah, it has a comparable rap history like across if you're looking at history, like it's a definitely in the birthplace of hip hop. I would almost I would say New York probably has like if you're just going full, if you're just going like the entirety of history. I am more of an East Coast hip hop fan. But yeah, this, you know, it's been it's been a while that La you know, Kendrick is the epicenter of rap right now, like and it's it just feels like it's been a while since New York was really doing it and had acclaim to the throne. And they came with Fat Joe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and look, no shade Fat Joe, Like, like I said, you've got hits, Are you sort of there in the pantheon of like the the greatest in hip hop? That's debatable, but here here's Fat Joe.
Speaker 1: Was performance.
Speaker 7: Please welcome the Bronx Bomber himself.
Speaker 1: That the Bronx Bomber himself.
Speaker 5: That one.
Speaker 1: Starts out he's standing against a wall in the dug, like he's just hoping they said someone else's name to introduce them.
Speaker 4: What's up do, y'all?
Speaker 1: This feels a little too like go Yankee, let's go Yankees, judge who's having a terrible series. He also goes on to say that he's the ghost of Babe Ruth, the Bronx Bomber himself. So you had the same copy as the guy who introduced him. I think because he calls himself the Bronx Bomber himself. I mean, isn't the Bronx Bombers just a reference to the team. Was there ever one player that was the Bronx Bomber. I think he probably just like added that to his aura, to his you know, nick list of nicknames. But right, yeah, it's just like the ice Cube one was just it felt like a party he was having. You could tell he was having fun. The Fat Joe one like feels like a recurring stress dream, Like it's just he's out there and like the it doesn't feel like the crowd can hear him, and so he's like trying to get things going, and there's just like it's like he's running and like can't get purchase on the ground, Like it's just he's running and going nowhere is rough.
Speaker 4: Also when the camera pans over to him and he's just like standing still for a few moments and then starts walking, it's just it feels so static and like low energy.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, I think it's one of those things too where he probably thought he's like, man, the second they see me, like let me be in my little boys dance kind of thing, and then they're can be like he should have said, oho me, that would have actually been a good Yeah. I mean who show. Yeah, I mean look, my first note who.
Speaker 2: Was pointing out that he was got got the the Trump Force ones brought from Jesus, from Jesus, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Pointed out that he he was like right, he said he was wearing his Trump Force ones. He was not. He was wearing Tims, which was the appropriate choice. But he did buy the Trump Force ones when they came out and then made like the least necessary. You got to separate the art from the artist argument of all time, Like, first of all, this fucking suck. This is not art.
Speaker 4: Yeah this is yeah, well get his act, get it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, look at you, look at you. You got Trump. Oh that's from New York too.
Speaker 2: I think honestly, the biggest thing that has put a damper on New York recently is all this ship with Diddy.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: Bad Boy Records was so seminal to the bling bling era and like all the artists that were coming out under like under that umbrella. So I think now to have such a prominent figure in New York hip hop like p did he be completely embroiled and like just the most horrific allegations, Like every week there's something new.
Speaker 1: I can bar up, what's wrong? Just all these now, Like I'll just delete the whole thing I had about how they should have had Diddy come out. I'm not guys, I'm not up on the news, okay, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah no no, no, I would A quick Google search will horrify you. But I think that's like another I think that's another element of it, Like it's kind of like, well, that could have been like the lowest hanging fruit had he not been a total like sexual predator evill do her. I mean that Ifhil we only left with jay Z, Like in terms of j Z was the one for the average viewer right to say, oh, yeah, that's that, that's that's jay Z.
Speaker 1: This is New York. I totally get this. But where does jay Z live now? Mmmmmm oh that California? I mean, was he at the Dodgers game? Like, I would be surprised if he wasn't, because that was the other winning man that the ESPN like had a had a headline under the score, like as the Dodgers were about to win, and it was like Fat Joe and Derek Jeter, who's just a former Yankees player highlight celeb appearances at like Game four of the Yankees. Dog Yeah, we have Ken.
Speaker 2: We have Ken Jong just eating grotesque amounts of popcorn and hot dogs right behind home base that you can see.
Speaker 1: So I feel like whoever wrote that from ESPN just hates the city of New York or whatever. But it was just I don't, like, I love the city of New York. I'm just saying this has been a bad look for them, and it's tough. I'm just like, I'll say this, I've had la inferiority complex when it comes to New York because I love New York. I love everybody I skew. I skew New York hip hop generally too, and so like I was dreading this world series, I'm like, they're gonna beat the ship out of us. We're the Dodgers and they're the Yankees.
Speaker 2: And this sort of like reversal has been fantastic for my ego. I'm rubbing it in people's faces, and that's.
Speaker 1: What sports is meant to do, because that's that's that's the only venue for that. What's your take on Fat Joe coming up?
Speaker 4: Personally? I loved it.
Speaker 1: I think performance of a Latin Joe was eating appropriately enough.
Speaker 4: He's Bratt or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah no. Uh, I don't really have should have said Bratt Miles. Fuck.
Speaker 4: I can't speak to any baseball rivalries, but I will say, as someone who grew up who grew well what offenses, I don't know, As someone who grew up on the East Coast and who has lived in both New York and LA definitively, I will say the better city.
Speaker 1: La baby wow. And that's really the final nail in the coffin of New York, a former great city coffin yes, that I did. I don't know. I feel like I've never seen someone look so alone in a stadium full of people as Fat Joe on this on the field, just like walking around and trying to like get the crowd to do anything. I don't know if it was just the way it was shot, but like ice Cube similarly on the field all by himself, just walking around and seemed to be having a blast, and it was like, man, that looks fun. And I think that's because they did a.
Speaker 2: Good job of Cube entering from the outfield making his way to home plate so you can traverse the entire field to do it. Fat Joe came out of the dugout and just kind of did circles in the infield. Yeah, and it's all about blocking.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: From a cinema ex standpoint, I think even the establishing shot there was a hero shot of ice Cube before perform.
Speaker 1: We went from the heels, we heal the pain, thank youkay, And that is what we used to do in this town, and that is before the industry was entirely cooked. Yeah. Wait, whereas sad Joe came from the dugout, walked up and just like started turning around in the infield, kind of looking like that shot in Diehard three where he like realizes there's a sniper and Yankee stadium and is like spinning around and like freaking out and the guys I kind of what he's saying, you're speaking in Germany. Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, that's that's weird that we both have that so indelibly burnt into our weird. We're called sad dudes in their forties. Well back to sad dudes in their forties anyway, guess what we're talking about Diehard with a Vengeance again movie podcast where we only talk about three movies. It's Rocky four, It's Diehard and Speed y'all pretty good movies. We kind of nailed it with.
Speaker 2: There's a really good Speed podcast out right now that's like fifty episodes and it's all about the film, like from the most microscopic details about like who like Christopher Walking could have been the Dennis Hopper character and Charlie Sheen could have been Keanu Reeves and it was Yeah, it was like the momentum of like hot shots and ship They're like, yo, make.
Speaker 1: Sure the Charlie Sheen and there like that would have been Yeah with Christopher movie. Yeah, don't Fuck with Daddy.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's I didn't realize how important he was until you just said Charlie Sheen could have been the hero. Yeah, like you would have just like felt weird for Sandra Bullock, you know, like you would have been like, oh right.
Speaker 4: The line it was can's Yeah, so different with Charlie.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, I'm sorry Jack, we couldn't make it. I feel like he would have been fire like Walkin would have pulled that off easy. Oh yeah, he would have killed.
Speaker 2: I mean those lines would hit harder when like Dennis Hoppers is like, oh, I'm sorry Jack, Airy didn't make it and we knew he blew up in that one that movie Trapped House.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like wow, get a cheap gold watch. Well, Caitlyn Durante, what a pleasure having you for this episode of The Daily Zeit guys, where can people find you? Follow you all that good stuff?
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh. You can follow me on Instagram at Caitlyn Durante. You can come see me do stand up if you live in the Boston area.
Speaker 1: We yeah, yeah, no, no, no, go go do it. Well. We like Boston, Yeah, we like Boston.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I do like yeah or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh wow, so you've been doing prep so you're ready. Someone's been watching for every single game this season, socks or whatever.
Speaker 4: I am doing shows on November sixteenth. You can find information about that on my website Caitlin Durante dot.
Speaker 1: Com or dot com, or.
Speaker 7: Just go to Boston dot com and find it. Yeah yeah, yeah, but yeah, please please please please come out to those shows and watch me fumble my way through a stand up set very rustily, because I haven't done stand up in a little while.
Speaker 4: But it'll be so cool and fun. Actually, and uh yeah, check out the Bechdel Cast, my movie podcast, where we have done an episode about Speed Wow. Uh huh. But Diehard three not.
Speaker 1: So much wow. And that's so that's New York City erasure actually yeah, and that's proof that New York is. I don't even know who the women are in that film that would even talk, but there's a already tell one of the so one of the bad guys is woman, and she, I believe it is mute, like doesn't speak the entire film.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, unless she's like having rough sex with Jeremy Iron.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, I feel like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, whoa I hated.
Speaker 1: Anyway, y'all should think about that. For the Bechdel we come on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, come, You're both welcome to.
Speaker 1: Come on, come on, yeah, come to it. Come to a zoom meeting where we won't be there. You just record yourselves yours.
Speaker 4: But yeah, that's that's where you can follow me?
Speaker 1: Great And is there a work a media that you've been enjoying.
Speaker 4: I'm going to promote someone's Instagram account. Tell yeah, uh, Vinnie Thomas. His Instagram handle is at v I N N underscore A y Y. He's one of my favorite comedie and not me being like check out this man comedian, But that is what I'm doing because he's very funny and I love what he does over there. So check out Vinnie Thomas.
Speaker 1: You know Benny Thomas, Hey, Vinnie, Hey, Miles Gray. Where can people find you? Is their work amedia that you've been enjoying? Like I'm in trouble with some of my whole name.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can find me on Twitter and Instagram at Miles of Gray obviously. If you want to hear basketball talk from Jack and I, we do that on Jack and Miles or Miles and Jack commt Boosty's Tea.
Speaker 1: It all depends, It all depends, It all depends.
Speaker 2: And I'm also talking about ninety day fiance on four to twenty day fiance.
Speaker 1: A couple of tweets I like, first one Josh Gondleman, I love you Josh Gondleman at Josh Gondleman tweeted, it's important to remind the Yankee fans in your life that there is precedent for a team coming back from down zero to three in a playoff series.
Speaker 2: They need and love to hear it. They shout out to those Red Sox and let's see one more?
Speaker 1: Is this one?
Speaker 2: Because we were just talking about speed from at Cola Wars veteran, they tweeted this, Oh and I just want to share this because it's it's good to see in context it says today, I learned that the sweetest word for speed is fart. It's just like max fart five fart controlled two to twelve kilometers.
Speaker 1: And called and it was almost called fart in America and was almost about a bus that would blow up if anybody farted on it. But everybody like so had they had to hold their fart zone. Mm hm. Anyways, Actually, first date, can we edit that out because I actually want to write that into a screenplay. That's pretty good. That's actually is actually fucking really good.
Speaker 4: If you need to consult, like, yes, someone with a master's degree in Spain writing, you can.
Speaker 2: Hit what you're just And I think they're only asking for a story by credit, right, Kaitln You just you're not trying to have the whole thing.
Speaker 1: But I'm just in a global replace of speed with fire. I think it'll translate otherwise. Yeah, let's see some tweets I've been enjoying Richard at Richard Underscore Normal on what the experience of being an NBA fan is these days. Every game in the NBA is between two frauds. If you lose, your fraudulence is proven. If you win, you've won against a fraud and thus have proven nothing. It is just that's how I sometimes a bunch of frauds. They're frauds. And then Nicky Nasty at Nicola Fie on Twitter tweeted, anxiety is so crazy because why do I have diarrhea because I'm scared of something that hasn't happened yet. What purpose does this diarrhea serve evolutionarily? I ask myself that question very often, You're lighter, You're lighter. There it is. You can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore Ryan. You can find us on Twitter at Daily Zeitgeist. We're at the Daily zeit Geist on Instagram. We have a Facebook fan page and a website, Daily zeit Guys dot com. Well, we post our episodes in our footnotes where we link off to the information that we talked about in today's episode, as well as a song that we think you might enjoy. Miles, what's the song people might enjoy? So I'm again, I'm biased and ignorant, and I only knew like two Bonnie Raate songs ever in my life. This is not where I thought that was young. You're gonna recommend like a New York hip hop song? No, I'm sorry, I have to got like so I just stumbled upon like some old school Bonnie Raate, Oh school Rate. Oh you are You've got You've got some little soul. There's something, there's something nice about this. So this track is called thank You. Uh it's the two thousand and eight remaster of this Bonnie Rate track.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 1: And yeah, I know many people like you didn't know about this. No I did it.
Speaker 2: I only just again the something to Talk About or the other like kind of mega hits the year.
Speaker 1: That album was one of the the the album Nick of Time, which also a great Johnny Depp movie featuring Chris Chris walk exactly got to Save your Kids. But anyway, this is this is it body Rad Thank you? Yeah, it was one of the like that and Anita Baker and Shade. There were like three tapes that were always in my parents' comer and I just listen to them over and over and those are them. Anyways, we will link off to that in the footnotes the day. The guys are the production of iHeart Radio. For more podcasts from My Heart Radio, visit the iHeart Radio ab Apple podcast or wherever you listen to your favorite shows. That's gonna do it for us this morning. We're back this afternoon to tell you what is trending and we will talk to you all then. Bye bye