Speaker 1: Gambling was something that I did. This is Dan Patrick takes a gamble. One of my bookies died at the kitchen table, a podcast vehicle for Dan to talk about his love of gambling. One bet, another bet, another bet without doing the actual gambling. Here a coward, it's easy to have a scapegoat. And now join my Bad Larry, Shayan Irving, and Dylan the graphics Guy. I have friends. Here's Dan Patrick. Welcome to Dan Patrick takes a gamble, and we have Shayan Irving joining us here in Vegas. We have Dylan the graphics Guy. We have Picture Day Ray Marvin is here, and Bad Larry is once again in New Jersey, but ready to take part in the festivities for this weekend. Bad Larry, I'll start with you with some many opening comments that you would like.
Speaker 2: No, I'm sitting in rays a table full of people just went to a back booth because they're too loud up there. I haven't even ordered my luncheck because I didn't know when this call will go. But Megan, I'm gonna be ready order pretty soon.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, well we don't want to keep you too long here. What are you ordering, Larry? You ordered the same thing, don't you.
Speaker 2: No, No, I think I'm gonna go to the hot open face roastby Sandwich today. Late.
Speaker 1: Wow, there, ambitious, it's.
Speaker 2: I know it's breakfast time out there.
Speaker 3: All right, never too late for calories.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, we're going to try to expedite this so you can get to your lunch. There. Shay, you're looking good, got a haircut for Vegas. Look good, feel good, Danny, and I am. I'm gonna be honest, I'm shocked.
Speaker 3: I think we all.
Speaker 1: I thought that there would already be trouble.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I did too. I mean I kind of the problem is I respect my co workers so much here on this stage that I had to show up for them.
Speaker 1: Okay, but after this is over, I'm out of here.
Speaker 3: See Okay, I might end up in Reno, Danny.
Speaker 1: But so far you're playing nice. Everything's good. Yeah, I'm doing all right.
Speaker 3: Eating them sleeping the two things I normally don't do when I come to this town. Okay, gambling not too heavy. Either we're going downtown after this, or I am I'll go alone. I'm going downtown getting weird.
Speaker 1: What does that mean?
Speaker 3: Going downtown like Fremont? Go l Cortes go.
Speaker 1: To no, no, we don't know. We're not doing El Cortez never. No, no, no, no no. Last time we did El Cortes.
Speaker 3: Three dollars craps. I watched a knife fight. Yeah, well, man get stabbed in a parking garage and it was a gamble.
Speaker 1: And Dylan. Dylan's been on his best behavior as well. I actually have been very well behaved. Yes, even last night. Yeah, we all folded in pretty pretty early.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I left the hote the casino at like ten thirty. I left before they did well.
Speaker 1: When they said that you guys were together, I'm like, they better fucking show up for you know, the podcast. And then I just told you guys all went to bed, played nice, and here you are. You guys looked decent, decent. Blake Chay said, I also respect my coworkers. Is bullshit? Okay, all right? So NFL playoffs, Dylan is minus three, Shay is minus six, bad, Larry's minus twenty. God, what happened this year with you guys, especially in the playoffs?
Speaker 3: Fell off the track?
Speaker 2: I know, yeah, Larry, I'm selling Kansas City. I thought Buffalo should have beat them. The Ravens definitely should have beat him, and I'm on San Francisco. Well, he's gonna be down fifty or down.
Speaker 1: Even you're not supposed to give away your pick yet, Larry. I don't you understand how we built up the drama until the end of the podcast.
Speaker 2: I didn't realize that I sent him in last night, Dan.
Speaker 1: Okay, Shay has broken a new record and as as a picture day Ray said in Degeneracy super Bowl, So thirty five picks on the super Bowl?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Absolutely, so far? Yeah, Dylan, how many picks do you have on the Super Bowl? A lot? Maybe eight?
Speaker 3: Okay, that's so.
Speaker 1: Bad for me and then bad Larry's already told us who he's betting on her? Are there any other bets anybody take?
Speaker 4: Can be?
Speaker 1: Oh you have other bets?
Speaker 2: Lay, Yeah, I have a bunch also, but not not thirty five.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll get to those. I just needed to know the number, not at what they actually were.
Speaker 2: One, two, three, four plus, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven, twelve.
Speaker 1: Should we have a punishment on the worst super Bowl.
Speaker 3: Like most units lost? Yes? Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what kind of punishment do you think you guys should have?
Speaker 3: Tattoo?
Speaker 1: Tattoo tattoo. All right, bad Larry? You up for that?
Speaker 2: Now I'm learning for a tattoo.
Speaker 3: Now, Larry, your skin's only gonna last another twenty years. It's a temporary tattoo, Larry.
Speaker 1: You know you can see through Larry's skin. It's so pale. It's like tattooing a lizard.
Speaker 3: Gros.
Speaker 1: Okay, then we'll make it Dylan and Shay. Yeah, you guys have a tattoo. Bet what would it be though? What tattoo? Like a thumb's down? Yeah, thumbs down?
Speaker 3: Or loser? Yeah? Moron already got that.
Speaker 1: No, No, you got that on your chest.
Speaker 3: Born I watched Heat once and I was like, oh shit, that's a great idea.
Speaker 1: Wait, is that how you came up with the inspiration?
Speaker 3: No, I got that tattoo and then I saw Heat and I was like, son of a bitch. He was like, you think I'm some loser with Bornes on my damn it. Mobby to Nero just coord hooled me.
Speaker 5: I got the robocom tattoo, and then they came out with the.
Speaker 1: Fucking movie after Okay, suck, So you guys have to come up with We'll come up with the creative tattoo it. We have a couple of days to do it. Yeah, we'll look in public. I'm sure you guys are going to be hanging out a little bit here over the next couple of days. Oh yeah, I think so. I disappears. Okay, let's see. Oh, by the way, the over under for the anthem over.
Speaker 3: Ninety point I got ninety something second ninety and a half seconds over.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, we're trying.
Speaker 5: I'm I'm in the process of trying to get an inside track on maybe some practice rounds.
Speaker 1: I had an unsuccessful so far.
Speaker 3: Mariba's going to come through in the clutch no matter.
Speaker 1: I'm inclined to take the overall.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah. She loves the sound of her own voice. Wow, I've seen her live. She's a hell of a show. Sarpatangle would Danny, okay?
Speaker 1: Is it the ginger thing?
Speaker 3: I love it? I mean, god, gingers. You know, if you don't have any man, any heterosexual man that doesn't have a run with a ginger like has not lived yet, they will ruin your entire life. And everybody's got one. Yeah, I know you got a ginger in your past, Danny.
Speaker 1: I don't think so. Jason Garrett.
Speaker 4: Oh god, he ruined Shaye when he was with the Cowboys having him on the show.
Speaker 1: Danny, I know, I like him. He's a nice guy. She gets Do you guys want to recap anything that happened last week?
Speaker 3: No, beach was bullshit. I don't want to talk about it.
Speaker 1: Bad Larry Whift on Jordan's speed. You whiffed on Jordan's speed badly. Okay, I got Lugurg top ten. Oh yes, sixty a right, okay, So that leads then once again, here's the countdown to drama here. This is what people are tuning in for, Dylan. Since you're I guess the leader, which is I say that not in capital letters, that's in small print. I'll take the technicount you're you're leading, Yes, So what do you want to start with?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 5: Dan, Well, I'll start with the parlay that we went over on the show today.
Speaker 1: George Kittle.
Speaker 5: Anytime TV score mahomes under two sixty and a half passing yards and under forty seven and a half in the game, that's plus seven fifty.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm going forty nine ers minus two.
Speaker 5: I've been I was on the Chiefs all week long and I've been slowly getting spooked.
Speaker 1: So no money line action with the Chiefs. You're gonna lay the two at okay, lay in the two. What else do you have? And that's gonna be four?
Speaker 5: Unit's on the nine is okay two? And it's on the coin toss to be heads. I always do tails, and I think I've saw something. It's like been tails, like thirteen of the last fifteen h.
Speaker 3: A lot of analysis in the coin stop and it's really just probability wheel. No look as readigain.
Speaker 1: Anything else? Yep, gatorade to be read.
Speaker 5: My philosophy mind this and I've used it before and it didn't work, is that both teams are ready, so therefore and it's good value plus three fifty good value gatorade?
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is sad.
Speaker 5: It is The Super Bowl is actually probably the most depressing betting event.
Speaker 1: What else? Yeah? Yes, to be an octopus plus fourteen hundred, I'm putting two units on that. Yeah, and that's a touchdown in two point conversion scored by the same player, yes, session, yeah, yes. And then this one I'm just throwing out there. George Kittle super Bowl MVP plus six thousand, how many units one one on that. So total of how many units are you betting on the Super Bowl?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: Four to six, eight eleven? Okay, Shay, you had thirty five best?
Speaker 3: Yeah, about thirty nine units on this game?
Speaker 1: You hero?
Speaker 3: Or zero? Really?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, look at the number of things you got it.
Speaker 3: The worst part is having to watch this because of Taylor Swift. My daughters love football now. The roommate watches football now. So I got to like cook all day. I can't trust her with football food. I gotta smoke meat. I gotta do the trader shit, I gotta do all that. I gotta make the Mexican food because she doesn't know how to do it. And then I got to watch the game with my family, and I gotta pretend like I didn't just lose the mortgage in the first quarter and at national anthem.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, So let's start off with Super Bowl MVP.
Speaker 3: Yeah, CMC plus eight fifty. I took that a couple of weeks back. That's a Unich So that was the future that you had. So that's why it's plus eight fifty. Correct. I like it. I like it. I've got Kelsey twenty five plus or receiving yards in each half. It seems too easy, so I bet it, and then I got Purdy and Mahomes twenty five plus passing a ten each. That is a Porla plus four ninety. Then I got CMC thirty five plus rushing yards in each half. Anytime Debo touchdown, anytime Mahomes touchdown, anytime Perty touchdown. I just I don't know. I just started hitting numbers at this point. And then I got the fullback that.
Speaker 1: Used check kick.
Speaker 3: Is that how you're saying? Yeah, okay, anytime him touchdown? And then I'm taking the Chiefs plus two and a half. I don't I got that earlier, but I don't know.
Speaker 1: So the line's now two, but you added at two and a half. Okay, yeah, I don't know how. So this is allowed. Ray, you know, is the producer and bookkeeper here.
Speaker 3: This is the future, Danny Oh. As soon as this was set, as soon as the line came out, I hit.
Speaker 1: It because I don't want bad Larry to say, why are you letting Shay get this? You know? And he doesn't get this, So Ray, we're good with you with with this. Yeah, we're good, especially after this next bet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's all my favorite bet exact score of the game forty nine Ers twenty five Kansas City twenty four. So I'll hit the spring and I'll hit plus seventy five hundred. Who if that happens, I swear to God, Oh brother, that happens to be awesome. Oh I'm not seeing my kids that night. I got Purty passing under two hundred and forty five plus Kelsey rushing over point five. Love it, uh one Russia. That's it. That's all I need is one debo under rushing yard sixteen and a half.
Speaker 1: And Kelsey might be in there for like the quarterbacks exactly, thank you, and it might only be a yard.
Speaker 3: That's all you need. Daddy gets paid, Like first touchdown is a full back? Love this one too, plus forty three hundred. So I'll hit the use check plus nine fifty plus the forty three It actually, kids, I actually like that. Do the math. Octopus. Safety is going to happen. Largest lead under fourteen and a half. Hit that like a Northern points to be scored in the first five minutes, absolutely plus one ninety eight more. We're just going this is gonna take all damn day, more points than the third than the second shortest touchdown over one and a half yards.
Speaker 1: What did you not bet on? Maybe it's easier to do that. I give all the things you bet on. I think this is all of DraftKings.
Speaker 3: Okay, result of the first punt that's going to be a fair catch Danny obviously.
Speaker 1: So you have the shortest touchdown is over one and a half.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, okay, MVP Kelsey because of Swift. I just think that, you know, the powers that be, you're.
Speaker 1: Going to link meant to happen, actually meant to happen.
Speaker 3: Plus seventeen hundred successful two point conversion. Yes, coin toss four units on heads every year. I do this. It kills me a lot. First interception is the Niners defensive special teams touchdown absolutely successful two point conversion plus two seventy No, think about this, kids, I got the octopus and I got this, So you have to have it.
Speaker 1: Oh your leverage all over? Yeah, you have to do what could possibly go wrong? Everything with you and just.
Speaker 3: A bunch of other you know, fumble loss in the second half. Yeah yeah, total sacks under four and a half a blue Gator eight plus four sixty used check over three and a half yards.
Speaker 1: So for a guy you didn't know how to pronounce his name, but you got like five bets with Kyle used.
Speaker 3: Polish, but I respect his game. Whatever the hell.
Speaker 1: I'm also I'm going to add the over on the national anthem.
Speaker 3: Yeah, ninety and a half seconds? What I got?
Speaker 1: I think that's that's that's that's a lot.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Absolutely, that's the best bet on the board. I think it's going to be like one fifteen. What if that's the only bet I win, then you're fucked and you're going to be getting a tattoo. You know what a tattoo of Riba McIntyre thing is. Yeah, just get the word riba tattoo. Yeah, I'm setting that all right, all right? Bet so okay, so the wait, Dan, I have an interesting rebo my trigger finger. Do you think Kelsey could win m VP if the Chiefs lose.
Speaker 1: I'm not here to help.
Speaker 3: I'm not.
Speaker 1: I'm not a sounding board for you here. No, it's like a hypothetical. No, it's pathetical. No, I can't help you.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 1: I'm not looking for help. It's just that, oh you need help? Anyone want anyone else?
Speaker 3: Want to What if he proposes to her after he wins the MVP.
Speaker 1: That ain't happen. Yeah, that's it's more like he wins this. I don't think that's happening.
Speaker 3: That would be so fair.
Speaker 6: That happened once before, right, has it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: The Dallas Cowboys guys didn't he get it when they won? The linebackers didn't he?
Speaker 3: I thought you made a proposal.
Speaker 1: I don't know, m VP and a losing team. I think in the su Oh no, that was Chuck Howley. I know somebody got engaged me too. No, what are you talking about? We're talking about love. Yeah, you weren't even alive when Chuck Cally won that one.
Speaker 3: They weren't even a mistake in your daddy's eye. They were.
Speaker 1: They lost to the Colts. Jim O'Brien, I think it was the kicker. All right, let me get to bad Larry or Larry Yeah.
Speaker 2: Whoa wow, you deserve to go rock fair Mont Street tonight because you must have stayed in your room last night making these picks.
Speaker 1: No, but yeah, come, that's Larry giving you some ship. Yeah, now you're going to recover from that.
Speaker 2: Yeah? Okay, five damn five units San Francisco. I'll take minus the two and a half. I don't care where you make the line. That's two and a half.
Speaker 1: No, it's two. No, it's two for you.
Speaker 2: Oh thanks, guys, san fran Monus to two.
Speaker 1: Why why is it whenever I do something for you you just kind of blow it off, and then when we don't, then you think I have it out for you. So I'm saying it's two. That could be really really beneficial to you, Larry.
Speaker 2: I don't think it can. But all right, well, okay, thanks. We've never put in a future bet on a score. We have to take the line the day, make the show, well, you.
Speaker 3: Do a show.
Speaker 1: See. I knew this was going to come up. This Why I brought it up to you, Ray, Well.
Speaker 2: When you dan, when you change, when you change your rules in the stream, I remember, I'm not I didn't bet in Buffalo, and I send it in it and some quarterback wasn't playing or something. I don't remember the thing, but I got a different line. That's fine.
Speaker 1: Is that considered a future's bed?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Did you did you take that on the podcast already a different week?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Didn't.
Speaker 6: I No, you texted me early in the week and you're saying I'm taking it now and then it's gonna make more sense when I do my final score prediction.
Speaker 1: You get into yeah, yeah, yeah, I got your back.
Speaker 3: I'll still hit it. Okay, Yeah, I'm over here. Don't worry.
Speaker 1: There you go. Y Are you happy?
Speaker 2: Larry? I said I'll take the two and a half. I don't care.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no, no, no no way you did? You snitched on Shay? You got two niners minus two because I don't want you to lose by a hook.
Speaker 3: The end of that.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Okay, start over Dan five units San Francisco minus two, five units on a half, got it? Okay? Three units on under Mahomes passing yards, three units on over McCaffrey's longest reception.
Speaker 1: Now hold on, Larry. Over the last five games, Mahomes is thrown for over two hundred and sixty yards once and it was sixty two. So do you think that's why they're looking at the line and setting it at sixty one and a half.
Speaker 2: I don't even know what the line is. I just want to under it.
Speaker 1: No, I'm just throwing it out there, Larry. I'm saying how they may have come up.
Speaker 2: With the Yeah, dang it, I understand here.
Speaker 1: I should be in a good mood, and I'm not. Why it's because he you? Why do you make it so difficult?
Speaker 2: I haven't eaten anything all day?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, he's a little hungry. Okay, all right, all right, So to sixty one and a half, you're taking the under on the homes? What else do you have?
Speaker 3: Question?
Speaker 2: Over McCaffrey's longest three reception usually around fifteen and a half or sixteen. I don't know what it is. You tell me.
Speaker 1: It's thirteen and a half, perfect McCaffrey.
Speaker 2: Fine, okay, over Oprah McCaffrey's combined rushing and receiving yards.
Speaker 1: That's one twenty four and a half.
Speaker 2: Okay, and then I want two units on four anytime scores McCaffrey, Kelsey, Pacheco, and Kittle.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's shit.
Speaker 2: They're my picks. Dan.
Speaker 4: No gatorade, Larry, No, no gatorade.
Speaker 2: Now, I wouldn't even wouldn't even Larry. Yeah, probably is.
Speaker 3: A professional period had gatorade? Lay they were had a cup of gatorade? Like have you a handful of gatorade? Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I don't think I've had too much Gateorade in my life. I really haven't.
Speaker 3: Larry might like it's like water that tastes like something. Yeah, it tastes like sugar. We could get him water into his body.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they You know, everybody in the world knows Coca cola tastes better than gatorade. Right, So if you have a choice, why are you drinking gatorade when you set a coke heart stop is?
Speaker 3: Most doctors would recommend it blood pressure ship like that, you know, but keep shutting it.
Speaker 1: Diabetus, you got he played for the Steelers, Diabettas he did.
Speaker 3: What's his name?
Speaker 1: Nous? Oh Diabettas? All right, Oh so wait that's shitty.
Speaker 3: That was great?
Speaker 1: Oh better, man better? Are you kidding me? For this steer? How quick is that Wilford Brimley short.
Speaker 3: In the NFL?
Speaker 1: Wasn't he like, didn't he look like that when he was like thirty years old? To no?
Speaker 3: He cocoon?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think he did. Oh great, he looked like fifty when he was thirty, or looked like seventy when it was fifty or something like that. I thought, man, I thought that, will you know, diabetis, I have betas.
Speaker 3: You might have die bet us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, pleay for this Dealers Okay, so bad, Larry. Thank you, and we wish you a lot of luck coming this weekend.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Damn guys, I's went out there.
Speaker 3: Good luck.
Speaker 2: I want to say I miss you, but we'll shat it later, yes.
Speaker 1: Larry, miss yeah, thank you, Thank you, Larry. That's it. We've done it. We've made it to the end of the season.
Speaker 3: Time to roll some dice.
Speaker 1: Is that what you're gonna do?
Speaker 3: Hell? Yeah, Danny. I got a hard six tattooed on my shoulder for a reason. No, you do, yeah, Hello, yeah. I hit the headed at the Mirage. Was down to my last hundred dollars my first trip to Vegas, down my last hundred dollars. I was playing three six limit in the poker room. I was twenty one. I was playing three six limits for hours and I got smoked, had the last hundred and ten bucks and I put it on a hard six on the comeout due hits it. Oh, every's freaking out, and then the guy says, parlay it, Okay, parlay it. So I hit from one hundred to six hundred or whatever the payout is, like six or eight to one, and then I hit that again. He parlayed it and we hit it heart six again. So we had like, I don't know, fifteen hundred dollars on me, well, from one hundred and ten to fifteen hundred and two rolls.
Speaker 1: That was it. I was hooked better than Heroin. But did you better than Heroin? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Way better, thankfully. Otherwise, I mean a different show right now, he'd be actually being renou No, he'd be rehoubed. Yeah, back again the sequel.
Speaker 1: And Dylan, we have another show tomorrow, yep, So just make sure the answer the bell tomorrow. Whatever happens after tomorrow, I'm okay with that, Dan, I'm I'm Tomorrow is when I really take off the governor. Okay, that's fine. Yeah, I'm fine with that. So tonight, if you guys hang out and just make sure you know that I'm counting on you tomorrow. Well, Shane knows that Ray and I are, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm being good. I don't want to influence them, get him in trouble and whatnot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was that convincing at all. I mean, Ray is looking for any kind of excitement, like anything, right.
Speaker 3: I'm looking for you.
Speaker 6: I felt some excitement earlier this week, and then eventually disappointment.
Speaker 1: I need to win some money back, is what I did. Okay, all right, so that's Dan Patrick takes a gamble and it's Shane Irving bad Larry Dylan, the graphics guy. I wish you guys the best of luck. I truly mean that this weekend, not here in Vegas, but this weekend.
Speaker 3: With your game. Thank you, Dandy. All right, thank Dan, thank you.
Speaker 1: And thank you to the audience for putting up with this ship all season long and hopefully we've helped you make some money.
Speaker 3: Yes, say, I had the dudes on the Shane Irving podcast from Vegas here yesterday.
Speaker 1: The dudes you had Ray and Dylan, Yeah.
Speaker 3: With producer John in the hotel room getting weird. Oh so that's when you were going to your room. They said, Dylan's going to Shay's room and he's bringing Ray and I go, yeah, we did a podcast.
Speaker 1: It was way more mild than probably what you've figured of that thing, Shay and Irving. Wherever you get your podcast, if you want to hear more of Dylan and Ray, then you'll be able to like it. Didn't get weird, didn't get it?
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, I got weird, but I mean that's it always does Danny.
Speaker 1: Like anything that I need to know about.
Speaker 3: No, don't listen. You don't need to listen to it, just recommend it on all right, we stayed within the gutter.
Speaker 1: Guards Jay and Irving wherever you get your podcast, and we'll talk to you next week