Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: The Emirates NBA Cup is here. You can win big getting in on the action at Draft Kings Sportsbook, an official sports betting partner of the NBA. All thirty teams split into six groups every Tuesday and Friday, playing for the right to advance into a single elimination in season tournament culminating in the NBA Cup Championship in Las Vegas. First time. Here's something special for you new Draft King customers. Bet five dollars to get one hundred and fifty in bonus bets if your bet wins. Score big with Draft Kings Sportsbook, Every point counts. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app. Use Code Money Moves. That's Code Money Move for new customers to get one hundred and fifty in bonus bet if your bet wins when you bet just five bucks only on Draft Kings.
Speaker 3: The Crown is yours.
Speaker 4: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight hope and wire text hope and yanas four six seven three sixty nine. In Connecticut, help is available for problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven, or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of boothill, casino and resorting. Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, void and Ontario one. No sweat bet per new customer issued as one bonus bet based on amount of initial losing bet. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. Ince See dknng dot com slash promos for deposit wagering and eligibility restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 2: PN State did not want Genty to get that record on their watt. Genty into the game needed one hundred and thirty one yard of breaking the record. Of tying the record one two to break it. Barry had twenty six twenty nine said in nineteen eighty eight.
Speaker 3: Can State defense stifle.
Speaker 2: Genty, holding him to a season low one hundred and four yards rushing. It's his first time not rushing for at least one hundred and twenty five yards in the game this season. He finished twenty eight yards shy of breaking barrss standers.
Speaker 5: Listen, they were, they were, they were, they were, they were popping young bull O, the man.
Speaker 3: They would let him have it. Now.
Speaker 5: I thought, honestly, I'm just gonna be honest, honest with you. I didn't think he was gonna do well against Penn State because the level of competition he was playing, playing at, or with or against for that matter, in his conference.
Speaker 6: But he looked he looked pretty pretty, pretty goddamn good.
Speaker 3: Listen.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he was breaking tackles. He ran hard, hard after contact. You know, I'm not sure, I'm not sure how many yards he had after.
Speaker 3: Contact, but most of them.
Speaker 5: Hey, he was hard to bring down the first the first guy never made the tackle, the first guy never bought him down for the moment.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Uh.
Speaker 2: But like I said, oh Joe, you look, you don't want that record. And my thing was that I say this on first take, I say, look, I know what Askton gent is.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you what I'm gonna do. If that quarterback goes out there.
Speaker 2: And prow for three to fifty and three touchdowns, I'm gonna go to the middle of field, shake his hand, say congratulations, young man, good luck moving forward. But I refuse to let Genty run their ass to a victure. That's not gonna happen. And they felt the quarterback couldn't beat them throwing the football, and he couldn't because you know when you when you take that running game away, because they wanted to give him the ball, but I thought, and the problem is they fell behind me. You fall behind the show. That game was about to get really out of hand. Had the quarterback aller. He's doing the right thing by coming back, because he's not very good. I don't think in my eyes watching him play for the three or four games that I seen him play, he is average. He's an average He's an average college quarterback. There's nothing special about him. But if he doesn't fumber that ball and they're about to go up twenty one to nothing, it's just thing about to get out of the abbe And now you really and that's what happened. When you get ahead like that, guess what, you take him out of the running game.
Speaker 3: You don't have no choice. Now you got it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but uh, genty heat ran hard. But that give them stay credit. They say, we don't want you to break that record on us. Uh, and uh they did a great job of neutralizing it. Look, they need to go back and everybody that played in the bowl game they need to put add those yards to the total. You could do right, just add just add Barry what he did in the Holiday Bowl. Just go look it up. Bard had like two twenty five in the Holiday Bowl. Barre's record is really like twelve games, twenty eight hundred yards and like forty plus touchdowns. They didn't count the Bowl. See they didn't count the bowl game back then. Oh your like they do down. Bear had like twenty care and they took him out. Bard could have had another three hundred yard games. They talked about what they were letting taken genty out. Go look at some of a bad game, and they when they took him out, Barren was having.
Speaker 3: Three hundred yard games. That's crazy.
Speaker 2: Look at what he did to Oklahoma, look at what he did to Nebraska, what he did to Missouri.
Speaker 3: Go back and look at Barry's stats.
Speaker 2: Even if jentj had a broke his record, the greatest college Russian season.
Speaker 3: Is Barry Sanders. I think it's one of the two best seasons in the history.
Speaker 2: Joe Burrow, that five thousand and sixty touchdown season and the Barrys Sanders twenty eight hundred yards and forty plus touchdown y'all. If y'all just go back and look at the numbers that Barry put up, and you're like, you'll get a better appreciation of Ja Barry Sander's college career and his sophomore year he backed up Thurman Thomas. Yeah, Barry didn't start. Thurman started. Barry read back punts and kickoffs. Yeah, that's Let that sink. Let that sink in. Many of you believe Barry is the greatest running back in the NFL.
Speaker 3: Started one year. That's crazy, that's crazy. It was. It was what Joe Burrow did that season. There.
Speaker 2: You're probably not going to see it again because you're probably not going to be able to find two receivers like Chase and Jefferson. And then when you combined Marshall and then you had the tight end Random Olson, thaty, You had Clyde Edwards a layer, you had Joe Burrow throwing the ball, you had an offensive line that was the best in college football. You got the perfect storm. Yeah, and you get the perfect storm. You saw it. I mean, the guy threw from sixty s touchsdowns. That's sixty And look at and look at some look at some of the staffs. What he did to Georgia, what he did to Clemson, and what he did to Alabama. The Sugar Bowl between the Georgia Bulldogs and the fighting hours you know, to Dame was postponed and senseless act of terrorism. And so before we get into the show, we want to have a moment of silence for those that were impacted in all the New Orleans, New Orleanians that was impacted, the family, friends, and loved ones of the senseless and tragic. So we only take a few moments to pause to heartfelt condolences to those that were impacted by this. I know sometimes it's really hard for you to try to wrap your mind around somethings that's so senseless. I would encourage you to be really vigilant, but not be afraid, go about your normal life, because that's what terrorists, cowards try to do. They try to put you in fear for your normal, everyday activities. But we should not We should be vigilant, but we should not be afraid. As we know, there is something that a person that since high or spirited, whatever you believe that since high looks low, he is the king of kings, He's the Lord of lords, he's the Alpha and the od Mason, he's the omnipotent one, and I know right now it's hard to understand, but I encourage God to give us all strength and understanding that what transpired today to start twenty twenty five, someone wanted their moment and they took this. They took the cowage way to do just that. To all those that's impacted, all people that lost loved ones, that lost family, that lost friends, the Nightcap crew, along with many other sins our heartfelt thoughts and prayers. We prayed that you gain comfort. We pray that you have understanding and end time and only when you're ready, hopefully you find peace and solace in this.
Speaker 3: WHCHR.
Speaker 2: My heart breaks. I can only imagine receiving the news that some people received that this had happened. But I do understand. But I do, I do sincerely in all my heart believe there is a Hower power and a Hower being, and we don't understand everything. It's not meant for us here to understand. But I do believe sunshine follows ray. And it's really dark right now for a lot of people in New Orleans and for the city of New Orleans. Because I know your morning I know you're hurting, but just know you're strong and think about what you've already overcome from Katrina and a lot of other things that have happened in that city. You're built for this. We're built for this, and like all things will get through this. Prime Rip reporter that your Door wouldn't want to play for the Browns or the Titan. It would be multiple idiots that will say things that are totally aren't true regarding I would like your Door and Shallow to play in the NFL. If I were said it directly to whom it may concern, not an attention seeker. I don't know NFL commission personally.
Speaker 3: I do know.
Speaker 2: I do know NFL commission personally. Drop He like Mike Drop. Uh. You look, I hadn't talked to Prime in a while because he's getting ready for the bowl games. I don't want to bother I'm a bothering lands now he got yeah, he got no bowl game to play for.
Speaker 3: I was bothering.
Speaker 1: I talked to Prime. I talked to Prime yesterday day before yesterday. He was checking. He would checking on me. Right by my situation. You already know what I'm talking about. I need to go on death. He's like, everything good on there. I said, yeah, everything good. He said, man, I'm hit, I'm gonna hit un.
Speaker 5: I was.
Speaker 1: I was waiting on my spirits to get back up because you know, we lost, we lost the boat. I need a few days to myself.
Speaker 5: So you know, he hit me, and I said, everything, every everything is good, every everything's good. So you know what, I'm gonna come on there with you guys. You know, I was like, I said, I like, nah, don't come on, don't come on.
Speaker 1: Let's save it. Let's save it for February six.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's save very six. No, all they want to do is clown me. Nope, that's all they want to do, because that's all they do. What he calls he sit a text, so no.
Speaker 1: Live.
Speaker 2: The thing is in times like and I think I read somethinghere, he said. He had y'all forgot y'all was talking like this, but y'all forgot. I got time today. The only thing I tell time is like when I'm going to twenty five, I ain't chasing no lives. Yeah, I'm not gonna chase it. I'm not going I'm not gonna shoot it down. I'm not gonna try to refute it. Whatever y'all believe, run with.
Speaker 3: That is what it is.
Speaker 2: It is what it now, mostly how long it's go, because that's the one thing we know about a lie. Watch watchall quick get disappear? Yeah, whytcha, quick get disappear?
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 5: You know what I don't like to not getting back to prime. You know, and whatever reporter says, you know he wouldn't want to play for the Browns. I mean, why even write something like that. It has to come from somewhere or you're just making it up.
Speaker 2: A lot of times people want to want to be the first to report something because of your second you know, the first man to climb out evers, the first man to put a foot on the move. It's not the second that's not the second guy.
Speaker 3: They remember.
Speaker 2: It's the first guy. It's Roger Banister that broke the sub four minute mile. It was Edmund Hillary and noticed and the charka sure that scaled my evers. Who remembers the second guy? Oh yo, yeah, oh yo. The number seventeen BYU Cougar defeated the number twenty three Colorado. Buffalo's thirty six fourteen Colorado was held at two hundred and ten total yards only two net yards rushing. The Buffalos were shut out in the first half while being limited to sixty one total yards. They had ninety yards in the fourth quarter. With the Cougars leading by twenty nine, Tador was sacked three times through two interceptions. He passed for two hundred and eight yards to touchdown while complete completing sixteen or twenty three passes. Travis Hunter had four receptions for one hundred and six yards, including a forty three yard touchdown electric touchdown in the third quarter.
Speaker 3: Talk to me, because by by you ain't no slous boy at all.
Speaker 2: They're not a shlout. But yeah, you got to have a better effort than this. They were never in the game. You give up, you give up a punt return, four touchdown, you give up an on side kick. They coach Prime's job to have this team prepared and ready to play better than what they showed up to day.
Speaker 3: If it's really that simple, let's not make it not. Oh they have a chance, No, they didn't.
Speaker 2: After after the first after the first two series, you knew you knew no chance winning.
Speaker 6: It looked as if they didn't belong, almost.
Speaker 5: As if they were the j D team and the j D team and scrimmaging it against varsity.
Speaker 3: For some reason, b y you just look look faster. They looked a little bit more dominant.
Speaker 6: At the point of a temper, I'm like, what something right?
Speaker 3: Yes? Uh, I thought, O Joe, I thought exactly the same thing. I was like, wait, dagn around you.
Speaker 5: I was like, I'm like, wait a minute now, if I if if my memory serves me correct, and I'm thinking as old by b y U and not thinking of the new b y U.
Speaker 6: You know, the culture over there has changed, the players over there have changed, and the boy flat around mm hmm.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: I thought hey. I was like, hey, I thought my TV had glitch. I said, they got them bore the fast. I said, man, ain't no way they moving that fast.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: That dude hit that can on that on that word, Oh Joe, that dude hit that corn on the part return. Is anybody gonna get close to it? And then and then they kicked the fielders come out with an on side kick. See, because you know what I see on film. I see when they kicked the ball, y'all leaving before the ball kicked. Okay, we got a surprise for you. Right, That's how you block a punt. That's how you block a p A T. That's why you do it on side. You study, Hey, the L three, the L four, they leave real quick before the ball is even quick kick, they already turn it to get back in position when you hit on side.
Speaker 3: And that's the perfect time because guess what.
Speaker 2: See if you down by five points in the fourth quarter, they expected You're not expecting that the first quart, are you. That's why I remember how New Orleans got the coach in the Super Bowl with the on side open the second half with it.
Speaker 3: Is big. Yeah. But oh Joe, I'm watching this game. I'm like, dang.
Speaker 2: I'm like, damn, I said the dB they do it. They did these receivers up. I'm like they in their hip pocket at Colorado resorted back, not not not staying on their blocks.
Speaker 3: And it was just it was just bad. It was just bad. It was bad. It was bad.
Speaker 2: I'm like they had too much me. Look, they had a great season, but they dip. Oh Joe, they had a great season. You didn't finish it like you wanted. I commanded your door for playing I commend Travis for going out there and playing.
Speaker 3: Boy. I was like, I didn't wreck. I ain't gonna lie to you. I did not.
Speaker 2: This Colorado looked like the Colorado that lost to Nebraska. Remember they lost in Nebraska earlier the season on the road.
Speaker 3: Joe, Definitely, that's the funny thing about it. They look like a team that wasn't prepared.
Speaker 5: But knowing Prime and understand how he how his preparation works in the time that he's put in with the players and having a great game plan, having a great scheme, they just weren't able to execute.
Speaker 3: It the right way.
Speaker 5: And that that's that's on the players. The onlyers of that is on the players. But obviously there was the the main problem where it would result. It would always point to the coach when you know that not the fact. But man, listen, they had a great they had a hell of a season. I'm glad Travis, Travis Hunter and your door were able to come out healthy.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: I wish I wish them all the best too, man, I wished him all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you want to if you want to get to win, somebody got to lose. The thing I look about college football now, there are no more ties. There used to be ties in college football. Uh, that's uck uh ties like kissing a pretty girl through a screen porch. You know what I'm saying. You got to screen up there and she on the other side. Ain't no lips touch it, ain't no lo nothing. I ain't trying to tie nobody. I don't want no tie. Tie your shoes, Damn sure, ain't tied no football game. We don't go out there and compete, Oh yo for an hour and then all of a sudden, okay that say it, guys, hell nah, but congratulations b why you We don't want to take anything away from you this look. Obviously we did a lot of covering up Colorado. Coach prime Is is a friend of the show. But you guys, y'all put it on them. Y'all open up a cab. They went with the purpose. They showed up, Oh show, they showed up. They showed up with the sole purpose of doing what they did to Colorado. They say, the world's gonna be watching Colorado. But make them remember us. We remember you broke, We remember because y'all y'all did a number on them. Y'all did a number on them. Yes, Sir, Ojo cam Wards says the NCAA Division One mark with this one hundred and fifty six touchdown, passing the Miami loss, but doesn't come out in the second half. After the loss, Miami coach Mario Christobal was asked about the decision for Ward to see it all meeting, all meetings with player and decision like that. We made them private. We kept them private. So I prefer not to answer any question as it relates to that. But I know he played his best while he was in there.
Speaker 5: When I think about it, I'll go first, it's a terrible look, the fact that he even played, and he played. I'm not sure if something may happen in the first half, we're kind of stared him away from wanting to play in the second half.
Speaker 6: But if you played the first half, you might as well finish the second. Now that's just my thought. I'm already I'm already in there.
Speaker 3: I mean, yes, I'm just you want to win the game. You played to win the game.
Speaker 5: If you you don't want to leave your teammate's hand, if you're gonna start the game, you might as well finish. I mean that, that's that's that's just my thing. Yeah, So I don't think everybody think. I don't think something might have happened. Something might have happened. You don't, I don't.
Speaker 2: I think he's I think he got out of here like I'm unscathed and the first album unscathed.
Speaker 3: I ain't gonna tell him Faith just don't play. Yeah, I mean, if you just don't play, that's how you got it.
Speaker 2: And I think the thing I agree with you, and I think scouts and I think personnel is gonna you know, they're gonna look, they're not gonna look favorable upon that decision because they're saying, if you're there, you took yourself out of the game. But the myth hold o Joe. But he said, all meetings with players and decisions like that, we made them in private. We keep them in private. So I prefer not to answer any questions as to relate to that. If that was his decision, he would have said, that was my decision and we're gonna go with that. Clearly, it was not his decision because he doesn't want because he doesn't want the kid to look bad. I give him credit, but I think the most the average person knows that the kid made a decision, and look, that's his decision to make. But for me, if I start, I'm gonna finish either, I'm gonna play.
Speaker 3: The whole game.
Speaker 5: Yeah, listen, I kind of understand it, but I kind of don't. It kind of makes sense, But then when I sit back and think about it, it really doesn't neither. What's the point of playing two quarters and not playing a second, you know, I don't know. That's why I keep saying I think something must have happened in the first half.
Speaker 3: That's why I keep saying that, because there's no way it did happen and he threw three touchdown passes and it didn't get hurt. That's what I as a competitor.
Speaker 5: Once you in that environment and you compede, ain't no in hell you coming out and absolutely not.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's just it's just.
Speaker 6: In your in your nature. When you're getting hurt, they can bear you, pull they can bear you. They can barely pull players out of.
Speaker 3: The game, right.
Speaker 2: I mean for a guy, because even if he's hurt, oh Joe, he has to be really hurt where he feels he can't do his job or he's gonna end up hurting himself or putting a team in harm's weight. Other than that, the guy's not coming out. That's the heart. That's why they started having spotters with concussions, because guys wouldn't come out of the game or they wouldn't lie. He said, nah, I'm good. But now they have because sometimes the one thing that we do know about this or yeah you do, sometimes you have to protect myselves. You gotta protect you gotta protect this from myself. But for me, I think this is a bad look. I think scouts it's gonna be very interesting because I can assure you you and I have always we've been in those meetings at the combine where they're going there and they're gonna say, Son, tell us what you were thinking, why didn't you play the second half? Now, just just so you know, your head coach is gonna tell them, so don't go in that thing. You pulling the wool over somebody eyes. They know everything.
Speaker 5: But in his case and in his defense, when they turn the film on then tired of the season. You know what you're getting outside of what do you the night in that second half as a quarter though, any team that they need one in it, so it's a few of them up then them first five picks. You know what you're getting as a quarterback, the volume