Speaker 1: Wind Down with Janet Kramer an Imheart Radio podcast.
Speaker 2: Kat, you walked into the room going, oh, we need to talk about this. Yeah, do you remember what it is?
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I've just been having brain for a moments lately where were completely.
Speaker 1: I don't remember what I did in the morning. Anyway, it's fair because you do a lot in the morning, so that's kind of fair. But I tell you, can I tell you something that I don't want to tell you because I'm afraid if I do, you'll point it out when it happens on here. There's time where I start a question I'm not sure where I'm going with them. I do that all the time, and I'm like and then and I almost in my brain it feels like forty five minutes go by and that you guys might be doing like a well check on me, and then I wrap it up somehow or I come up with a different endings weird.
Speaker 4: My problem is that's my biggest fear. So then I just don't I just shut down and don't ask questions because I get so scared that I'm going to go off and then just not know it to yeah, where to go with it?
Speaker 5: Not know where to go. It's like walking.
Speaker 1: It's the interview version of walking into a room and forgetting why you went in there. Right, Yeah, that's how I feel.
Speaker 5: That's why like this is this is comfortable.
Speaker 4: I was just talking and then like special people come on and I'm like, I get scared.
Speaker 5: I get scared anyway what I wanted to talk about.
Speaker 4: So remember the other day, I was like a couple of weeks ago, we were talking about someone and something, nothing bad, but we were is it about meathouse stuff?
Speaker 5: No, it's not about you.
Speaker 1: I just get nervous that you're going to do nervous about the ambush here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you like sent like a text and you explained yourself and blah blah blah.
Speaker 5: But you got kid.
Speaker 4: Oh huh did you know what I mean by that? Like the response is okay, right, look at that reaction.
Speaker 5: Uh huh. You caved me the other day, I did.
Speaker 1: You did?
Speaker 4: And yes, we had the discussion about getting Kaid and so I sat there and I was like, I.
Speaker 2: Just got Kid, And I was like, was that in a bad mood?
Speaker 5: Maybe?
Speaker 4: I'm not real sure it was work stuff and you were probably this was probably overwhelmed, like uh huh, yeah, but I was like, I'm not gonna take her No. No, I decided I was not gonna take your k. Like personally, we all take K usually anyway. I just like, I gotta point that out, Like you totally ca'd me the other day.
Speaker 2: My husband's a serial care no that I think about Nick does.
Speaker 5: Nick does all the time. But I don't think that that offends me.
Speaker 1: Do you know what something offends my fiance that does not offend me. Oh, I'm interested if I thumbs up his text he hates it. I have to every I'm like, but it's not like it's okay, I'm gonna go. I'm like, I'm gonna go pick up or whatever. Cool like like and I don't mean it like a K.
Speaker 2: Thumbs up to me isn't a K. It's like an awesome thank you. It's a great thank you.
Speaker 5: I gotta say.
Speaker 4: I gotta say so we have that definitely for work, like thumbs up, the thumbs up or the heart.
Speaker 5: Having said that, the.
Speaker 4: Over analyzer in me has definitely figured out your system, and a thumbs up is definitely.
Speaker 5: H okay.
Speaker 4: The heart is like I know we're good, Like she's fine, she's in a good mood, she's good to go on this. If I get the thumbs up, I go, oh okay, so she's gonna get it done, but she ain't real happy about it.
Speaker 3: But like to me, honestly, ninety percent of the thumbs up and hearts are the same feeling.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's good to know because I would feel it.
Speaker 3: Differently like if I'm like, oh, I really love it, like then all our heart like it's like like it's truly like no different from me. That's why I'm just like, and I sometimes I have to go back because I'm just immediate like thumbs up, like you know, I'll just thumb like I just will thumbs up, thumbs up, thumbs up, and I'm like, oh shoot, Salin, I gotta go back and like heart it.
Speaker 5: Ye yeah, yeah, I don't fumbs up. We have a system that they're almost right. It's for us.
Speaker 4: It's work more than anything. And it's just like a copy like we don't need, okay, you know, back and forth when we're talking about work over and over and over. So I like that system. But I have analyzed your thumbs in your.
Speaker 2: Heart truly, like I said, ninety percent is no different. Yeah.
Speaker 3: If I'm like in a stressed out, which I think we were talking about, like probably content.
Speaker 5: It's content here all this stuff.
Speaker 2: It's like overwhelmed.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, because that's just all my brain can analyze in that moment.
Speaker 2: It's not like to you, Oh, I know.
Speaker 5: That's why I didn't take it right. I actually didn't take on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I appreciate it. I didn't take that one on also truly.
Speaker 3: I mean, Jen, I know when I can give my passive thumbs up, but normally I would I would say, okay.
Speaker 5: I will say, which I don't do, which I.
Speaker 3: Don't do ks like that anymore because it's like I'll just probably come back with a reactive text more than a k oh more than k which is great.
Speaker 1: No, I mean, I think the only thing worse than your thumbs up in my message, the actual message I wrote, is when you go into your emojis and grab a thumb and then you stick it.
Speaker 3: That's what my ax does and it drives me crazy. So when he does that, no the hang hang thing, No, no get.
Speaker 5: It for a second.
Speaker 4: No, I will sometimes go to the emoji for the thumbs up when it is like an address or a something.
Speaker 5: Where you can't easily click it. You can't. If you do, then you're going to do.
Speaker 4: The address and you're gon app That's the only time I'll go back and do a thumbs up.
Speaker 1: But I don't think I've done that to any of y'all. I don't thumbs up anybody that's corporate. I told Preston last time, BCC me next time. I don't like it, and don't talk to me like I'm a coworker.
Speaker 5: I mean, that's fair.
Speaker 1: I don't even like him to heart my message. I'm like, write me some words.
Speaker 4: I mean, Nick and I definitely will do that, but we'll kay each other and I know our language enough. Like that's why I didn't take I knew you were overwhelmed. I didn't have a choice but to tell you have to do X, Y and Z. So I'm not taking it personally, but it just made me think of the other day when we're like, oh you got kid.
Speaker 6: Hey.
Speaker 3: You know when I said I won't write love you, I will never love you, hey, So I need the eye before I love you. I love you always. Okay, So when when he does, I'm like, well, where's the I you know, because the big love you like I love you too, yeah with a big capital I matter, it does not an ove instead, I love you.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, First of all, that grosses me out.
Speaker 4: So what I'll do if it, like truly isn't okay or whatever? I don't even like okay. I don't know if you've noticed this. This is my letting you know that I'm good. Okay exclamation mark I say, I don't like okay, but if like it needs an okay, I'm like, okay, seems mad okay, just like sounds good.
Speaker 5: I do that a lot too.
Speaker 2: You do sounds good.
Speaker 1: I like to call Catherine because I like to hear a voice, because I love the phone. I know, but you get so appropriate in the texting that I'm like, did I just mess something up that when it's about When it's about like wind down or dates or something, I can.
Speaker 5: Very much flip well, you're always you should see our text message. I wouldn't like flipping between. It's like okay, I know I have to be like, hey, how are you?
Speaker 4: But like also like I send her her reminders for the day, so it's like you know, but reminders but like I know, you know, But then we'll go back to like friends stuff, and then it'll be like a whole different line, like I need to hear a ton of voice. Yeah, it'll be like did and then I'll be back to work and.
Speaker 2: It's like, Okay.
Speaker 3: It's interesting, though, what the tech? Because I think there's a lot of things that people can misread through text, just like you thinking the K is or the okay, but also like I think the K that I got was because I was telling someone that I didn't love what was done and the only response back was K because I think they took it personal. But I was just trying to oh yeah, and so that to me isn't good communication. When I was like trying to express that I didn't like what happened, just O kay, And is it someone that's like not a friend or anything like that. It's more like a h a working relationship.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 5: Okay, understood. Well, it was definitely a mad K. Yeah. I mean it was a like, oh you just got K.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I'm like, it didn't doesn't look good, No, it doesn't. So I needed to voice my frustration with that, sure because I'm allowed to be go, this isn't what you said?
Speaker 2: Was it going to look like.
Speaker 4: Right, but also it seems a little unprofessional to not come back with more than k right and that kind of and.
Speaker 1: If you're too busy, then just say yeah, then say you know a little underwater, or just and read this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it is interesting though about So you don't get upset if if he hearts or thumbs up your stuff?
Speaker 5: No, because that's just how we communicate.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't care if Alan thumbs up all of my messages. No, don't, adn't care at all.
Speaker 5: Would you care?
Speaker 1: Would you care if you walked into a room and you were like, hey, I'm gonna go pick up the kids and he was like, no, that's the way your father me. I would bother me. I don't he walked into a room versus texting uh huh, Like I wouldn't thumbs up anyone in real life?
Speaker 3: Well, we all remember that one thumbs up I had. Have we ever talked about that?
Speaker 2: I don't even know, like iappropriate time talked about it?
Speaker 5: And it's making me nervous.
Speaker 2: Am I allowed to talk about a hot girl summer moment? Being like young aged?
Speaker 5: I mean, how does he feel about?
Speaker 2: Well, you already busted yourself.
Speaker 1: You could have just said I had a girlfriend who okay, so I had.
Speaker 2: Her name was Anna.
Speaker 4: Oh I remember this?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: When I like let or no, when she left she left her bed, when she left the bed.
Speaker 5: How come I don't remember this? I told you she how come I don't remember her.
Speaker 2: About Anna Banana? It was silly Hannah. But the person I was like, okay, like or oh, she was telling.
Speaker 5: Me she's here now.
Speaker 3: She was telling me the story of this date she had and it went well, and she left quite possibly the next morning, and quite possibly when she went to say goodbye, he quite possibly just gave it.
Speaker 1: I do remember that that one might be a problem. Well, it ended up being a big problem.
Speaker 5: Oh that's that's very funny. Yeah, I'm that person is not great.
Speaker 2: So why would it be okay on text?
Speaker 5: Because it's just like, hey, I need you to go here, and you go there. It's like copy. I don't know, would you what if I did that?
Speaker 2: And ever I was like, okay, cool, I don't like it.
Speaker 5: Jump ups, I know.
Speaker 3: So I'm with Allen, Okay, fine, I will not a text on I mean again, I'd change it as soon as possible. We'll be like the thumbs up and I was like, I just was sending a message about saying how I've been dropped early off at like soccer whatever, and then we've said, like to me, that's a thumbs upper.
Speaker 5: Get a baby. Yeah, so he's not offended.
Speaker 2: If it's a heart, it has to be a heart, or he really doesn't like it.
Speaker 5: What's okay?
Speaker 2: Because he feels like a coworker.
Speaker 5: Is this any different?
Speaker 2: I'm more likely to do that than I.
Speaker 3: Have to do this.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna thumbs up for you all the time.
Speaker 4: It's kind of funny that we're talking about thumbs up right now.
Speaker 2: I know, by the way, because I wonder if.
Speaker 1: Donald I wonder if Donald Trump ever thumbed up everyone.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, that's what they're saying. Literally he does. Yes, Wow, you're welcome, well done.
Speaker 3: Way to wrap it together, Catherine, that's fantastic.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's literally very ironic.
Speaker 2: Huh So isn't it ironic?
Speaker 5: Don't you think?
Speaker 3: Okay, so we've got we've got Marla Maple's coming on the show today, speaking of the thumbs upper. She was the second wife of Donald Trump. They were married in nineteen ninety three, two months after the birth of their daughter Tiffany, and they divorced in nineteen ninety nine. So if we do the math, that's six years of marriage. That's correct, Donald term and a half, if you will, more than he got on this first.
Speaker 5: She goes, it's so hard. I feel like it just needs to happen all the time now.
Speaker 2: But that's the truth.
Speaker 5: Do you see how irritated Ellen would be. I'm irritated for him. I don't do it in person.
Speaker 2: I'm going to now, I'm going to drive bast when we leave this neighbor.
Speaker 5: Every time I see you, I care? Is that so funny? I'm trying because it's not normal.
Speaker 2: Please please, will we go on wine down when we do our tour next year?
Speaker 1: I want everyone thumbs up. Audience, we having fun. Let's thumbs up. Someone please remind us of this. Okay, already to elect yourself, lady. This is a professional setting.
Speaker 2: Oh Man.
Speaker 3: So in nineteen ninety nine, she relocated to southern California. So she left with her daughter Tiffany to focus on finding a quieter, more spiritual existence. And I gotta say, I remember when Donald was running. I knew, I know about Ivanka in junior. I had no idea he had another daughter at it either, and I'm I'm curious how I'd like to ask her to with her taking her daughter away from that? Was that something where does Tiffany feel left out? Was that something where you know, obviously she was doing what she thought she had to do right, but also how that might also affect the child not feeling m hmm yeah, like what's like, yeah, well, I can't talk about another story, but you know, okay, I know there's not another Anna, but I can.
Speaker 1: But we do want and I wonder what she did last summer anybody?
Speaker 3: But no, it's like you never want someone to feel left out, right, So it's uh, it's just but you also want to I would do we we would do anything to protect. Oh there's my fiance with a heart.
Speaker 2: Falling change into a thumbs up and the gall I'm gonna see the answers.
Speaker 3: Hey baby, yeah, honey, I'm good. Hey, you're actually on air right now, live on wine Down. How do you feel about a thumbs up when someone texts, well, when I text your thumbs.
Speaker 2: Up, this must have and I don't like it. Yeah, see I told you it doesn't.
Speaker 6: It doesn't bother me with like friends and random people, But it's just not how you should communicate with.
Speaker 2: Your love. Oh, I vote for Allen. Yeah, it does, it does. Copy that.
Speaker 5: I'll let Nick know.
Speaker 2: Nick I do it too.
Speaker 3: Nix a thumbs up her and and Kristen hates the thumbs up, and Preston will actually thumbs up her in a room, bab.
Speaker 7: Person.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll see you downstairs, Ellen, thumbs up.
Speaker 2: Like, can you imagine if I thumbed up to you in the room, you.
Speaker 1: Would get the death still, which is why you shouldn't do it in text thread.
Speaker 5: It's not the same.
Speaker 2: Thumbs up, the thumbs up, the thumbs.
Speaker 6: Up anyways, all right, okay, I love you, thumbs up, baby, Okay, love you.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, Well, on that note, Marlow's here. Let's take a break and then get her.
Speaker 2: In the road.
Speaker 1: Hi girls, where are you?
Speaker 7: Janna?
Speaker 8: Congratulations again?
Speaker 2: Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm yeah, I'm just it's incredibly blessed, you know.
Speaker 8: Oh, I know you are, and I know you've gone through a lot, so I'm so happy to see you sitting here and shining so bright.
Speaker 7: I love you.
Speaker 3: I know we have an extra seat here in Nashville, so anytime you want to come sit with us in Nashville and and hang with the ladies. I love Nashville, So you know, we were obviously we were, you know, running down the bio. We all know who you are. You've done some brilliant stuff. You have some brilliant work out there. And I think what my first and biggest question would be is on the motherhood side of things, because what you did to take Tiffany away from I guess the limelight of things right right. I'm curious how that because you know, I was telling the girls, if I'm just being super honest, like up, you know, I don't. I didn't know the ins and outs of all his wives or children. I knew Donald or the junior in Ivanka, and I only heard of Tiffany from when he ran for president.
Speaker 2: But again I didn't I did.
Speaker 3: I wasn't like I didn't know like his Wikipedia page, I didn't, you know, I didn't really know much about him until he started running. And so I'm curious, like how that was for Tiffany. You know, does she feel kind of like the outcast because she was moved away from that kind of life.
Speaker 7: Never at all?
Speaker 8: Really, because I always worked to make sure even when the kids were in school and younger, to make sure they stayed in touch even if they weren't seeing each other as much. Just set up those phone calls and she would see them at least once or twice a year. They go to Marlago for Easter together. So I think Tiffany knew that. I just wanted to protect her from having to be too much in the public eye until.
Speaker 7: She was ready. I just didn't think it.
Speaker 8: I don't think it's fair for kids to be pushed into a situation at such a young age. I think it's very challenging enough growing up a human being without being full front in the media. And when we lived in New York as a little girl, I couldn't take her to the park without.
Speaker 7: Having the paparazzi all around us.
Speaker 8: And I'm sure you may get some of that now, even though I feel that the paparazzi isn't as bad as it was before social media.
Speaker 7: It's floated.
Speaker 8: But I just wanted her to have an opportunity to know who she was at the core of her soul and her life without always having to be compared to her mom and dad, big sisters, big brothers.
Speaker 7: It's always going to happen, but I did the best I could.
Speaker 4: Right, Absolutely, I think that's amazing. I think that's commendable. But that's good to hear that. I mean, you know, as a mother keeping them in touch. It's very important for the mom to kind of, you know, do what you need to do obviously and get her out of the way, out of the limelight, but also be in touch and have a good relationship. So I think that's commendable, and I think that it's you know, important for them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not like you were never saying like, oh, they can't come or they can't see each other or any of that, because I don't think that's a healthy response either.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Jed, I was there, you know with Ivanka, Eric and Donnie when they were so young, and and I loved them, you know, before I had my own child. So so of course you want to ensure that there's a there's a community of family that's there to support, right. And I think that unfortunately, the media has done a good number at trying to create chaos when there wasn't. You know, I read so many Tiffany, I both read so many stories about the other daughter, right, and that was hurtful until you just learned to tune it out because it wasn't reality. The reality is, you know, her dad loved her, all the children, you know, equally so so, and she never felt unloved, right, It's just I happened to be the hands on parrot. I had the gift of being able to raise her really on my own because he's he would admittedly say, I'm busy, moms.
Speaker 7: You know, Marla's Marla's got this.
Speaker 8: He would he would know that with me there, he didn't have to be, you know, involved, So it was just she and I with a few visits to New York to see him. He would come to La when you visit. But also it was a situation where as much as I want to pretend from the media, I was torn because he had the successful television show and all the other kids were on it, and they would say, you know, Tiffany want to come join, and I was like.
Speaker 7: Oh, shoot, that's going to put her so much.
Speaker 8: More out there. But I didn't want her to feel left out, and you do kind of sometimes, you know, painfully, you compromise what you may feel is in your best interest because of how I'm not so good bad at this now, but how you feel other people will will look at it. And there were so much you know, prayers.
Speaker 7: That was painful.
Speaker 8: I was so young when I was in the spotlight and it was so painful. I would be crying in the corner so many times.
Speaker 7: But where do they why did they get right in this?
Speaker 8: And you know, I was so affected by it, and it took me years of understanding that my gosh, my light is my light and nobody can take away from that light, right and teaching your children how to protect themselves, how to build a circle of protection around them when they walk out into the world. And honestly, morning and do your prayers, connect yourself to higher consciousness that the negativity doesn't doesn't affect you.
Speaker 7: And when I was young, it was painful.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 8: You want to do everything you can to protect your children right from all of it, but they have to learn too.
Speaker 2: So Tiffany is is she almost thirty? Is that correct?
Speaker 8: She?
Speaker 7: Well, yeah, that's aging me now, dang.
Speaker 1: It, No, no, no, you truly, I'm just like you. Never you stopped aging, I don't know. We'll talk about your skincare regimen of my.
Speaker 7: Hands a lot. So it's kind of. I love anti gravity things, so hopefully.
Speaker 2: I need the anti gravity.
Speaker 1: So she almost thirty, so I know that probably your interactions when it comes to like parenting and stuff with your ex husband who was also a former president of the United States, which I mean that can't I don't know when that ever starts to sink in and feel normal. Maybe it does to you, but in your interaction with him, Now, how is your communication with each other?
Speaker 8: Now?
Speaker 2: Like how do you coparent with Donald Trump? You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like is it anything?
Speaker 5: How don't do much with Donald?
Speaker 1: I'd imagine he's kind of the same guy on and off and like the screens and Twitter.
Speaker 2: I mean, I feel like we know what we're dealing with. I guess is where I'm at.
Speaker 8: So you know, I honestly we just had a wedding, so talk about co parenting, right, I mean it was it was big. So we had when he had it at the beautiful home. I mean, how not to have it at mar Lago. She was born there, so it was wonderful, saved costs having its So I you know, he and I get along right, and and like I said, that is my goal.
Speaker 7: I see the best in him.
Speaker 8: You know, I truly do, and and I don't like to look at the media's interpretation of anything that has to do with, you know, my daughter's dad, because a lot of it is falsified and and a lot of it is about triggering emotions. And I think we need to really support each other, support our country that we love, and just stand up for having this ability to be sovereign people, right, And and I think there's there's listen, we divorced for a reason, you know, That's that's reality. And but I will make sure that we are always going to get along. And he was wonderful. My friends that were that came to the wedding that were you know, more liberal or like, oh my god, I loove Donald Trump. How did I not know how nice he is?
Speaker 1: Well, I was going to ask you, like, if there was one thing you wish the world could know about the Donald, you know, what would it be?
Speaker 8: Well, I just you know, he doesn't have to do this, and it has caused a lot of pain for the family, and he's only doing it because he really cares for this country.
Speaker 7: He's not a politician. You know, let's be honest.
Speaker 5: We can all be honest.
Speaker 8: You know, he is someone who loves his nation and he loves the people, and he he he always said that if the country ever gets if it ever gets to place where.
Speaker 7: I have to run, I'm going to do it.
Speaker 8: And we thought it was going to be in the early nineties when when we were together and we had a lot of meetings about it. But the kids, the older kids were in difficult ages, you know, being teenagers. It would really have been so difficult on them, and I said, let's not do this now, because the kids are more important. Let's try to do good things without having to step in that world which could direct the kids' lives. So once he saw what was happening in the world and decided he needed to step in, you know, I watched what happened because he's not a part of you know, it's not a part of the establishment, right, So he's definitely unique. And I know he pushes buttons said, believe me, I was married to him.
Speaker 7: I know how I can push buttons.
Speaker 8: But I also know that we need someone strong that really loves the country and loves the people of this country more than politics.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 8: So I just see his heart, you know, I really do, and that's what I choose to see and I hope that's what we all can do, you know, to see the heart, because I know he prays a lot. Now I know he's surrounded by some really good, good people. Malaney has been wonderful. She's she's she stays away from the public a bit more than I probably would if I was there in that position. But she's she's a strong, very smart lady. And you know, I just want, I just want everyone.
Speaker 7: To be happy. And and I.
Speaker 8: Just I will tell you the way he loves his kids is something that people would would really have a heart for the way he honored me at the wedding. I mean, my friends were all crying because he acknowledged the sacrifices that I made to raise Tiffany, and you know, my heart and and and I watched that he took time to be kind.
Speaker 7: Of every single person there. He didn't have to do that.
Speaker 8: He could have gone over in the corner and taken care of himself, and but he every single person there he made sure he connected with and shared with. So I do think he gets a bed wrap and I and I do you know, I'm not a political person. I never wanted to be, but I am broken by seeing the separation in our world. That's that's heartbreaking. And I just, I just will do anything I can to help unite us. And I think that spark has to be a spark of opening our eyes beyond what may be comfortable, being willing to see a little beyond our programming, because we've all been programmed to believe a certain way. I voted Democrat, I've voted Republican, I've you know, I've been in the middle. You know. To me, it's about really trusting, you know, God, first of all, and trusting that there's something so much more, you know, bigger than us, and and hearing being able to listen to the voices we may not agree with, just to see if there's a spark of something that we can get and where ever you fall, wherever you fall in this spectrum. During this challenging time, there was an active process to try and divide America. And we are the United States of America for a reason. And we just have to do girls with voices, you know, people with voices. We have to do our best to bring each other together.
Speaker 3: Now, Yeah, that the divide is a sad and that was so beautifully said I mean, there's so many takeaways like that he doesn't have to be doing, you know, this is like there's things like that. And then it's also like the divide and just the the negative energy. But and you know, it's it's interesting because we don't talk about politics either because it's almost like if you're not on whatever side, it's just it's always going to be.
Speaker 8: Happy.
Speaker 5: Make somebody man.
Speaker 3: And it's it's hard to you know because when I because I like to still ask. I love the discussion, I love the debate of all of it. I don't I don't know a lot of policy stuff. I mean she's more on the political policy sides side of things. And you know, for me, I just what I don't like to hear is when people just vote against someone because they don't like the person. And that's where I I just always am curious to know. Okay, well why you know what don't you like? And a lot of it I think is like a you know, media led right, so and it's just so in your face to hate and I don't. I I don't want to hate anybody, right, I want I want to learn and understand who would be the best, right, So.
Speaker 4: Well, what are you voting for, not what are you voting against? Yeah, that's kind of always my question, Like I hear what you're voting against, but tell me what you're voting for. Don't just tell me because I don't like somebody, you know, like I like to know the whys. And so that was beautifully said, yeah.
Speaker 3: Because that must be really hard, yeah, just to be And then also because of you're out of that world. You're obviously not married to them, but you still have the label. So I mean, I I've been you know, we were told that you have a hard time being in New York because people will just like hate on you. And it's like this isn't you know? You're again, You're just the most loving. You want love and you want everyone to have love, but yet not people are just hating you just because of a last name.
Speaker 8: But the good news is I'm not feeling it truly. My daughter felt it more. And I'm a mama bear boy. You don't mess with my baby, you know. And she's literally been she was doing in returnship years ago when her dad was first running for president and someone ran up. She's having she's having lunch with some of her friends. One's Asian, one's gay, one's black, you know, and they're just hanging out of the Great Lunch.
Speaker 7: Someone walks up to her and.
Speaker 8: Say, I hate you, I hate your family.
Speaker 7: You're so prejudiced. And she's like, and her friends are.
Speaker 8: Like, oh yeah, she's prejudice, then why are we her friends?
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 8: So she's she's had to really pull herself away, and it breaks my heart because she has such a beautiful voice, and I kept wait till she, you know, feels confident to share it. But she's an EmPATH as I am, and we we feel, you know, we.
Speaker 7: Feel the heart of people and we feel their anger.
Speaker 8: And and I've had a bit more practice than she's had dealing with it, but but I do. I love New York. I'm going to keep walking these streets and smiling at people and you know, bringing the good energy and sitting down and chatting with the homeless person have to, you know, because sometimes you just you're you just are pulled to go have a conversation with someone that's in a tough situation. And in New York you see everything really quickly. But my daughter has been screamed at, yelled at, and everything here just just's.
Speaker 4: I will never understand that. I don't know how y'all do this in general, the whole high profile thing. I mean, to have a huge, high profile breakup. I mean, y'all both have like I don't, I don't know. I don't know how y'all do it. Like I give y'all so much, so many props, because I just I don't know how you do it.
Speaker 3: I mean, you started a page on Instagram called cats out of the Back, and it's you know, even even with where she went a little, you know, she shares some of her political stuff, her views, and even this, the people can be we're so mean there too, and it's just.
Speaker 5: I definitely am one of these great that you don't need to be mean. And that's my thing.
Speaker 4: It's like I definitely don't feel like I can have a voice, which is hard. So I wanted a place where I could and I could have an opinion. But you know, it's like people are just people, what I mean.
Speaker 1: It's interesting though, because we just got so divided that we don't even like we just got actually pretty ugly, like we don't even hear each other anymore. It's not even you guys, I did political whatever it's like we don't even we don't even want to hear anything, we don't want to learn anything. We know what we know, and our arms across and we're in a corner. It's like, in what world? This is not how God made us? We're supposed to connect even if we don't agree.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 8: And I watch some of my friends that were believing things that I knew weren't true, and I would say, girls, you've known me, you know the family for years that I'm just telling you, I would be honest with you if that that you're hearing is true.
Speaker 7: It's not true.
Speaker 8: They couldn't hear me. They couldn't hear me, and I can't blame them.
Speaker 7: There's some kind.
Speaker 8: Of programming that's been going on and it's and it's really sad, and I just I just feel like now are our job and those of us that really care about humanity more than you know what I can get, care about other people and really want to have an impact, that we need to help people find their own inner calling and tap back into that love spot within themselves, Like where where is your joy? Because I'm seeing so many people that just don't have joy. They're screaming at you know each other, and I'm like, wait, wait, wait, how does that ever reflect joy back to you? It's just building the negative energy and an unhealthy embody for yourself. So we just have to constantly think, how can I share my knowledge, my heart, my love help other people understand that they have it too.
Speaker 7: They just turn the volume down on.
Speaker 8: It, right, it's turn it out. Let's be conscious on the words that we use and the way we smile at people, and you know that that is just that's what's going to raise the vibration not only on ourselves but our whole planet.
Speaker 1: So let me ask you this because your sweet ex husband sometimes I'd be I would not be fair to the listeners if I didn't address the elephant in the room, because he's not always the kindest guy when he gets to tweeting. So I'm wondering, is he from your point of view? Is there a change in his heart a little bit too? I mean that's kind of been like there's been times where I'm at home and I'm like, listen, whether I vote Repebllican or Democrat, and I'm like, damn it, Trump, somebody needs to take his Twitter away for just a second so he can collect his thoughts, you know, Like I'm like, I do know. It's just it's crazy to me because you are such a kind like you're such a wonderful positive energy, and we talk about the kindness and being kind to each other. But there's been times where mister Trump has been unkind.
Speaker 8: Well, no, I've watched that, you know, and it's it's it's a reflex sometimes and other times, I hate to say, it's used for a purpose to get something else and done. So I don't want a week leader, I'll be honest. I want somebody loves this country and wants to protect this country with all this car and doesn't have an agenda with another nation, another country, and.
Speaker 7: You know, it's our country.
Speaker 8: And I love to welcome people from all the world in this country, but we also have to protect our country too. So so yeah, I mean I fringe like everybody else has. I'm like, oh my gosh, I just hide the phone, That's what I'm saying. Yeah, I mean for sure, but I'll always know that. It's like you said, it's just like there's other things that need to you know, it's bigger than we know.
Speaker 7: It's always bigger. Than we know.
Speaker 1: So you are bigger than your ex husband. You have a life too.
Speaker 2: So what does Marla Maples want to do?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: Is the question?
Speaker 8: Well, that is the question in the hands. Yeah, you know, it's funny because I do Jenna. I've been an actress all of my life. I had had a recurring girl on The Righteous jym Stones and we were getting ready to go shoot at season two and then the lockdown came and I had everything was ready to roll.
Speaker 7: Then after the lockdown, I get.
Speaker 8: A phone call We're sorry, but we have new writers and we've decided to go a different way. And I'm like, are you kidding me?
Speaker 1: And Righteous Gemstones not Righteous gym Stones, And they were like, we really love Marla, but you know, and I went, yeah, what can you do?
Speaker 7: I mean, why can you do?
Speaker 8: So? So the industry, it's been challenging for me working as an actor. I've been really trying to find a way to share. I love speaking engagements, I love talking, I love meeting people. I love creating environments where people can learn and grow. I just just I'd love to having podcasts because that's the way we share the conversations. I had one for eight years when I was raising Tiffany and that was what it went from radio to podcasts before there was actual podcast and it wasn't near as produced as everything is now. But I love Also if you go to my website Marlamaples dot com, I share a lot of I'm a wellness advocate too, So during these times when people's health it's been challenged, I've done all I can to pull together you know, doctors and natural paths and conventional medicine folks, functional medicine folks, folks that work on both sides to come together to share ways to help people keep their immune system strong so they don't have the fear, such fear wrapped around their health. So that's a big fashion I mean needed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love all of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is crazy too, because that is that's even so divided, right, the health, even taking care of yourself.
Speaker 2: It's like, why can't they just stay on the news. If you also work out, that's good for you. It's crazy to.
Speaker 8: Go on the sunlight, you air fresh air, right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: A person read a book, everything's gonna be okay.
Speaker 8: When I was living in I was in New York, you're in lockdown. I don't know if any of y'all were were you any of you?
Speaker 2: Thank god we got released earlier than the rest of the nation.
Speaker 4: Here we were, we were in Tennessee and we were not locked down or really wearing masks or anything.
Speaker 8: But Georgia, Tennessee is my roots. My dad lives in Chattanda now more than I'm anywhere, and I love it. But uh yeah, I would literally walk out the door and go to the park and just hug trees.
Speaker 6: I love you.
Speaker 2: Oh that the news would have had a heyday with that.
Speaker 5: Tree hugger.
Speaker 8: If you study the science the energy of it's a living, breathing force. That's so the roots are so connected to the life force and reaching up the heavens.
Speaker 7: And it even helps with Wi Fi radiation. You you understand, literally we.
Speaker 8: Are all consumed with so much Wi Fi radiation, so we have to find ways to ground ourselves. So taking your shoes off, I mean making sure it's clean, but you're taking your shoes off, getting on the earth, getting in the grass, and just energetically holding on to a tree and just twenty minutes, it's proven that it helps pull all the the negative energy that you get from the environment and from being on our you know machine. These five g towers are everywhere right, We're always started right yeap should be, and it's scary.
Speaker 2: We'll talk about we got a couple of things outline to.
Speaker 5: Well, hold on, do you do you have to hug the tree for twenty minutes or just aside for.
Speaker 2: This?
Speaker 8: Honestly, I have a girlfriend who she was. She's incredible. She's a filmmaker and she's been winning awards all of the world. She started something called We Do It Together and bringing women filmmaker and actors together to create positive role models, true stories of women where we are actually the heroines. And what of her songs for her movie got a nomination for an Oscar this year. And she's just all of the world sharing her light.
Speaker 7: Doing good stuff. But we will go.
Speaker 8: When I visit her, we're like, okay, it's time, we need a break, we need a park break, and.
Speaker 7: We will go.
Speaker 8: And if not, just hold your hands and we'll put on nice music. We'll meditate together and we'll just like you know, we'll just channel down you, free our mind and just breathe, just breathe into the energy of these beings that have been here much longer than we have. Right, So, and then she goes out and she's like producing movies. She's had an impact with women all over the world. I'm like, you keep doing a.
Speaker 2: Girl and then cast us in your movie.
Speaker 7: There we Go and the movies.
Speaker 8: I know she probably Evengoria does a lot to be a Carson. I mean, there's so many cool girls she works with.
Speaker 5: A Marla.
Speaker 3: In your life, what was What do you think if you can think back, because you've done a lot and you've experienced a lot, what do you think your biggest misstep and lesson in that has been in your life.
Speaker 7: Not trusting my intuition?
Speaker 1: Mm?
Speaker 8: Hands down, I do you know. I've I've grow up in the South, so i have a huge faith in God, and I've studied all different forms of religion and and I'm very inclusive about what people believe. But the times that I've had those urgings, which you can say it's intuition, you can say it's like, you know, the divine speaking to you, and I haven't listened. I've gotten to the biggest trouble, like with stalkers, with being held up at knife point, those things have really been allowing, allowing people in my life that shouldn't have been that. I will get little warnings, right, And this is a thing even you know, in your life today, you really have to really ask for that divine guidance before you allow people into your intimate space.
Speaker 7: And I made some big mistakes in that way also.
Speaker 8: You know, yeah, there's there's I don't like to look at mistakes so much unless it's just a way to turn it around, you know, to shift it in a way. You know, one of our pastors is turn your obstacles into arrows, right, So where have the real challenges come? You know?
Speaker 7: Truly, it's just you know, we've all been betrayed.
Speaker 8: In different levels by friends or ex'es, and that's very painful. I maybe didn't have enough faith in myself to really step forward, and I think I've wasted a lot of time trying to defend myself versus just stepping forward in my truth of who I am.
Speaker 1: Do you think that that just comes with maturity? I feel like I've noticed that even in like I'll be forty two in January, and there's just some sort of something I wonder I'm just kind of hearing it and following the pattern recently with interactions with people. But it feels like the older we get, like, I think we all get mad at ourselves a little bit that we didn't.
Speaker 2: Honor that earlier. But I don't know that we're actually able to as young as we wish we could have.
Speaker 8: Do you agree, It's just, you know, it's those life circumstances that really, you know, teach you. And I've had great like you know, people around me that are you know, older and wiser and have helped helped me reflect and I and I also keep a very like you girls, so you can feel the friendship that you have.
Speaker 7: I keep great.
Speaker 8: Close friends around me so we can help hold each other and check right.
Speaker 7: So I want to know when I'm going off.
Speaker 8: I want to know when I'm being reactive to something that I shouldn't be reactive to. And I want to help my friends. But you have to be willing to, you know, take a little bit of like you know, Marley, you could have been a little more generous there, you could have been a little you know, less judging there. You know, you've got to be willing to accept that bit of criticism and and you know before you before, but yeah, these life lessons are everything or we wouldn't even be here.
Speaker 7: But I do say pray for your friends.
Speaker 8: And I when I was a kid, I was like, I had a couple of girlfriends in high school that broke my heart and and I was like, Okay, before I go to college, God please like give me great friends, right, And I'm going to tell you, my friend, I still have the same friends I've had most all of my life.
Speaker 7: There was a couple that went off to the side that needed to, but.
Speaker 8: I got it solid. I mean, just a bounty of women friends and we like maybe out of the world and not see each other often, but we're there for each other and we hold each other like this.
Speaker 7: So I that has been everything for me. Yeahs aren't either. I have to be open for that too.
Speaker 1: Now, I suppose is there anything you want to share on the dating front, Marle Well, I'd love.
Speaker 7: To have something to share, But of anything this share, I mean.
Speaker 2: Come on, Donald's got to know a few friends, you know, Yeah.
Speaker 7: A little give back. I've been supporting you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe you'll hug a tree. Someday there'll be another guy that.
Speaker 1: Walks up and says, I would love to grow a family Drew with you, Marlin.
Speaker 7: You imagine Julie.
Speaker 8: They say, when you're do what your love is, when you meet the person you're meant to be with, right, you're.
Speaker 3: Just saying, yeah, well, you deserve all the love and abundance. And I love the fact that how you just carry yourself and just want everyone to, you know, love other people and you want that division to go away. And I just appreciate you coming on here and sharing your heart with us and your love for for the country and and for you know, for everyone.
Speaker 8: Thank you. Well, I welcome anyone that you know has an opposing side. I mean, I welcome the opportunity to have the conversation. Right, Let's just have the conversation and see what we find united front.
Speaker 2: Right, Yes, I love that.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you Marla so much. And let our listeners know where they can find you in the best of ways.
Speaker 8: And it's Marlon Maples on Instagram with a little blue check.
Speaker 7: And I have a website.
Speaker 8: That I'm constantly, you know, working on improving and creating more content. It's called Marlonmaples dot Com.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you so much for coming on mind down and come visit us anytime in Nashville.
Speaker 8: I would love to girls, y'all are awesome.
Speaker 7: I can't wait to see this little one.
Speaker 2: So sweet.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much, You're so sweet, all right, thank you else. I love her.
Speaker 5: Her energy is amazing.
Speaker 3: I love love love, just like yeah, just like happy, happy negative.
Speaker 4: I do think it's great that she can speak highly of her ex husband and someone who's obviously Donald Trump.
Speaker 5: I mean, I think.
Speaker 3: Wouldn't wouldn't a person say though, well, I'm sure he's like paid her off or I'm just I'm playing devils right now, being like, well, yeah she got I'm just thinking what.
Speaker 4: Amazing the way maybe, but the way that she was speaking, she seems.
Speaker 2: To truly I agree with you. I'm just yeah, who knows, Yeah, I do agree.
Speaker 1: With you, though those deals are between them and Jesus, so we'll never know. But I do feel like you can't take a really super good energy.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And if she is, she's a credible actress to an hour level. She's you can tell that that's good person. Tell she's authentic.
Speaker 5: And great mama.
Speaker 2: I know, like great mama, bear. I love it, precious.
Speaker 7: Oh that was cooled, ladies.
Speaker 2: Until next time, I sure love you both, damn