Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe, Katty Armstrong and Jetty and he.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty Strong.
Speaker 3: And there are a rare few in media who are actually standing up for a liberty and be responsible governance and media. John Stossel is highly placed among them. Came across some work he did the other day his website, I believes John stossel dot com. There's all sorts of good content there. And if you don't know John Stossel's act, it's it's absolutely worth knowing him is He is a good egg. He's one of those guys on the rare occasions I disagree with him, his opinion is always worth hearing because it helps you, you know, wrestle with your own and make your own stronger.
Speaker 2: At any rate, this first clip is a.
Speaker 3: Little bit long ish, but there was no natural breaking in, and it's very very good talking about the unbelievably dishonest media we have right now, which you know it's not news to anybody, but I thought he'd put it pretty eloquently.
Speaker 2: We'll start with seventy Michael, have.
Speaker 4: You noticed how some in the media just suck up to some politicians.
Speaker 2: I'm struck just in your presence, struck in her presence, looking you in the eye, with your passion that you were displaying. Republicans are treated differently, if I may.
Speaker 5: Finished this answer, Well, let me just I'm gonna I'm gonna go ahead and interrupt you here.
Speaker 2: In the FBI.
Speaker 5: I mean, we have just my question, though, governor, excuse me.
Speaker 4: Aggressive interviews are easy to notice, but some bias is more subtle.
Speaker 2: For example, what a great campaign.
Speaker 4: Media have always covered Iowa caucus victory speeches.
Speaker 2: We're gonna want to listen in very very closely, thank you all.
Speaker 4: But this year when Trump won, thank you wet, CNN cut away from his speech.
Speaker 2: Here he is right now under my voice. You hear him repeating his anti immigrant rhetoric. Actually, no, Jake, you hear him. We don't.
Speaker 4: CNN wouldn't let us actually listen to Trump and decide for ourselves. MSNBC showed one of Trump's speech. Rachel Maddow said, we.
Speaker 2: Will let you know if there's any news made.
Speaker 4: Madows says it's not responsible to broadcast Trump live because he lies so much. Wow, we reporters can point that out instead of cutting away when he talks. I've repeatedly reported on Trump's lies. Trump lies even about unimportant things like the crowd at his inauguration.
Speaker 2: The ratings of his TV show. But Biden lies too. Here he lies about doing well in law school. Get it up in the top half of my class.
Speaker 3: Biden now concedes he did not graduate in the top half of his law school class.
Speaker 2: He also lied when he said I.
Speaker 1: Have never discussed if my son were on my brother or anyone else having to do with their businesses.
Speaker 5: And that's good stuff right there, and appalling. I'd be interested to look into who lies the most and how consequential they are. I think Biden's in the in the running with Donald Trump for exaggerations or lies, absolutely, but they would never consider cutting away from Biden's not involved anymore, but back in the day cutting away from his big speech because he lies so much.
Speaker 2: It's it's it's appalling you, mainstream media.
Speaker 5: You want to drive Trump's skeptical voters into Trump's arms.
Speaker 2: Keep doing that. God, that's so damned maddening.
Speaker 3: How'd you like Jake Tapper, who I used to think more highly of with his well, you hear as his anti immigrant rhetoric. Oh yeah, because it's only like, what a ten percent or so of the racist, hateful Americans who want the border secure?
Speaker 2: Right, Jake?
Speaker 5: Why so between sixty and ninety percent of Americans agree with Trump on the border stuff, depending on which question you're talking about. But that's anti immigrant rhetoric, So we won't even run the speech. That's freaking insane from a journalistic standpoint.
Speaker 3: More good stuff from the great John Stossel. Next clip seventy one.
Speaker 4: Shouldn't be surprised that the media treat Republicans differently. For every Republican in newsrooms, there are ten Democrats. And now NPR has actually hired this woman to be its new CEO. She not only tweeted Trump's a racist, but during BLM looting said sure, looting is counterproductive, but it's fine because what they're looting comes from a system of oppression.
Speaker 2: She's now the boss of government funded radio. Wow.
Speaker 3: Yes, wow, yeah, yeah, she that chick is a This is far about her when she got hired.
Speaker 2: If you miss it, we're.
Speaker 5: Further down this road than we've been in my lifetime, don't you think?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, oh, one hundred percent yeah. Absolutely. Next clip, here's another example.
Speaker 5: The governor of Texas refuses to give in to federal law.
Speaker 4: Recently, reporters suddenly got very upset about rule of law. The governor of Texas refuses to give.
Speaker 2: In to federal law.
Speaker 4: The media can't believe that Texas politicians put up a fence and won't remove it even after the Feds told them to. But when it comes to sanctuary cities, the tone is very different.
Speaker 6: Communities that shield undocumented immigrants by not reporting offenses to immigration enforcement.
Speaker 5: They choose not to follow federal immigration laws.
Speaker 2: They simply choose not to follow the law. They don't refuse like Texas does. The governor of Texas refuses to give in to federal law.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, yep. Egregious and obvious. One more from Ostocles is a seventy six Michael.
Speaker 4: Libertarians get trashed, Republicans get interrupted and their speech is cut off, but Democrats largely get a pass, even if you.
Speaker 2: Can't tell what they say. Beer brute. Here it is used to make to prove Beard in his fine oooh Worth riders. Thanks for the great legs, But there is some good news today.
Speaker 4: More people ignore leftist media c a n's primetime viewership fell behind the history channels. Recently, more people now get their news from independent journalists who publishing places like substack and YouTube.
Speaker 2: Like us.
Speaker 4: It's a good trend because we're more thoughtful than the silly people on TV.
Speaker 2: The chalk and chocolate chip. Nah good, clip good, John Stossel. When do they ever ask Donald Trump?
Speaker 5: What did you order? If they get a chance to ask him a question outside a restaurant or something, give me a break.
Speaker 2: I know who is it that was pointing this out from the convention? Oh?
Speaker 5: Mark Halpern in his newsletter, he said, it's just true. When reporters see a big player who's a Democrat at the convention, they run up. So how do you think it's gone so far? If they see a Republican they run up?
Speaker 2: You said, JD.
Speaker 5: Vance was right about blah blah blahs.
Speaker 2: Just the way it is. Mm hmm yep. We have to be better on the right side of the aisle. It just is the world we live in. Is it fair?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: Is it honorable? Is it patriotic? No? None of the above, And yet it is.
Speaker 5: I realized Biden's well, I keep saying he's no longer anything. He's the freaking president of the United States. He's the most powerful man on planet Earth. Maybe number two, but certainly in the top two. And you know he's an afterthought. But anyway, that particular clip of him being indecipherable I hadn't heard before.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's a goodness, some serious garblage.
Speaker 5: The fact that he would have still been the candidate today and for another two months outside of that debate. God, I wish I could do the parallel universe where he didn't debate until September or October like they normally do, right, right, And how the media would still be saying things like cheap fakes, I can't keep up with him, or behind the scenes, he's better than I've ever seen him. I'd still be saying that, and you know, they would.
Speaker 2: Be right right.
Speaker 3: And imagine the panic that would have set in after the disastrous debate, because it was inevitable that it would be disastrous and his senile.
Speaker 5: And part of the panic was because Kamala Harris was a know nothing who couldn't possibly win. But now that's all thrown aside. She's the greatest thing that's ever happened.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wild again.
Speaker 3: If you'd gone into a coma in June and walking up now you'd say.
Speaker 2: Wait, what they yet, we're all just supposed to say yes, yes with his trade face.
Speaker 5: Since we're probably gonna move away from presidential politics after this, I'll say I used to say, I think Trump understands the modern moment we're in better than anybody else, certainly when he was running against Hillary and maybe against Biden. I think right now, and this is none of this is good, but I think he realized where we are with celebrity culture and what people pay attention to and what we don't. I think he just understood that intuitively different the Democrats might be onto it now, positions on your website, Hey grandpa nice do want interviews?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 5: They might just understand where we are culturally media wise in a way that now Trump doesn't quite understand.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 3: Kamo's campaign isn't studying Bill Clinton. They're studying the Kardashians, right, or Taylor Swift and Travis Kelcey or whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, Michael, people want to be entertained, not informed.
Speaker 5: Don't got time for that or don't or yeah, all kinds of different things. Just you know, like my side, I don't want to hear any negative the thing about my side. So I'm fine with no interview. In fact, I've heard people say out loud, I think it's a good idea for not doing interviews. It's the most important thing is that we defeat Donald Trump. So I'm fine with the Democrats are saying this. I'm fine with the fact that she has taken no positions because it's that important that we beat Trump. Wow, that's where we are. She What if she gets elected president without having a position on our website or having done an interview? What does that say for where we are is the world's oldest democracy.
Speaker 3: I hope Lincoln and Douglas rise from their graves and rain heavy blows down upon anybody who thinks that way.
Speaker 5: See, I hope people are beaten by skeletons in the street.
Speaker 3: That's your answer, Well, ghosts, you know, ghost scot haunted, bipartisan ghosts.
Speaker 5: Though, all right, I was looking for you. You're a political science major. I was hoping for more, But.
Speaker 3: No, I want to go with ghost ghostly patriots to to to haunt the living.
Speaker 2: Yes, I got at least I have a policy.
Speaker 1: The arm Strong and Getty show more Jack more Shoe Podcasts and our hot links, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty The Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 6: So it's not pretty good to just see how many people are behind us. Caleb Horse went to school with the support of the community Monday morning and is left wondering if he'll be punished for flying the American flag. Corset says he was told last week by adding public schools to have the flag off by Monday. Instead, an entourage of the Red, white, and Blue showed up beside him. The students I talked to told me they haven't heard anything about punishment yet and they think with all the support, it's not likely.
Speaker 2: One senior I.
Speaker 6: Talk to says it's not over for them and they're going to continue flying their flags daily. Right now, it's unclear what's next for these students, but they did tell me they help. Other students will join in as they continue to keep their flags on their trucks.
Speaker 3: First of all, the kid's name is Horsed, not Horse. Sounds like he's a character in a child's book Ethan Horse and Caleb Horse anyway, So that's Edmund Oklahoma, and I will skip to the end. This is brilliant proof once again that there is a rot in America's school systems. And if you think you live in a red state, a red city, whatever your local schools, damn good chance they are a deep, deep blue region. Teaching your kids you don't occurred to me the way to pitch this to you, because I believe this to my heart to be true. In fact, I know it to be true. Getting the kids is the lynch pin. It is the critical, critical part of the progressive plan to take over America and to get rid of Western civilization, bring in a new Neo Marxist utopia. It is the one indispensable strategy that they must be successful at.
Speaker 2: That's the way they look at its.
Speaker 5: Plus the constantly pushing it's had an effect on me, Like I talked about when I got back from my vacation, driving through thousands of miles of what I would call normal America as opposed to the part I live.
Speaker 2: In, it was like.
Speaker 5: It shouldn't have been shocking to me, and it shouldn't have made me like slightly weirdly uncomfortable overt displays of patriotism or religious belief or whatever. I've been hammered on it so often that it's had an effect, even as like a grown man who came into it with, you know, some solid beliefs. So you're young. Of course it would to where it just it would. It would get to where un American flag is a little in your face, so I probably shouldn't, right.
Speaker 2: So they're in Edmund, Oklahoma, of all places.
Speaker 3: This kid had an American flag on the back of his pickup truck, which happens to be red, white and blue, and he was told, as you heard, you got till Monday to take that off because well, according to an Edmund Public Schools spokesperson, students are not allowed to display or bring any kind of flag on campus to limit distraction and create a safe environment. And because they're progressives and neo Marxists, whether they know it or not, they do not consider the flag of the United States of America to be any different from a Pride flag or a you know, Broncos flag or whatever else.
Speaker 5: It's a perfectly good rule with the exclusion of the US flag and the state flag of Oklahoma.
Speaker 2: Well, how can you make an exception for one flag because that's you're anaty or nation. My answer is you're an idiot. You know what I'm going with his argument, it's better than mine.
Speaker 3: And so instead of taking down the flag, he showed up with one hundred or more other trucks in car flying American flags a protest there at the school.
Speaker 2: It's insane.
Speaker 3: In a video posted Monday, and I should have asked for this audio. We don't have the audio of Ryan Walters, do he?
Speaker 2: I don't think we do. I have praised him lavishly in the past.
Speaker 3: He's the Oklahoma state Superintendent of Schools who is an avowed saying patriotic conservative, an American. He says, no school in Oklahoma should tell students they can't wave an American flag. We've had Americans die for that flag, die for students to have the right to carry the flag, to wave the flag, to be proud of the flag. My department right now is working on guidelines that will be issuing to districts to ensure that no student is ever targeted for having an American flag, and also that our schools will promote patriotism. We want our young people to be patriotic, we want them to love this country, and we're going to continue to support our young people to have the greatest understanding of American history in the country and to be proud of our country.
Speaker 5: That is so dumb on so many levels. See, we've got a government school run by the federal government that set the standards and fund the school. But you're not allowed to have the flag of that government.
Speaker 3: That's crazy because that's co equals any other symbol or flag or sign. You people are stupid. Needs to quote my partner or idiots. I don't want to quit. Yeah, that's unbelievable, and I've got so much more information on the rot in America's schools, but you know that'll be a thing that will certainly continue on.
Speaker 5: There's a short story for you. It doesn't take very long. Every parent is worried about this. Family takes their four year old to a museum. Kid accidentally smashes a thirty five hundred year old priceless jar.
Speaker 2: Doh.
Speaker 5: Four year old just grabs hold of a jar to look inside it tips over, smashes into pieces.
Speaker 2: Yesh, you gotta put that thing behind glass or something.
Speaker 5: Yeah, a lot of cool museums don't because it's kind of cool to not have everything sure protecting them behind glass.
Speaker 2: But yeah, that's unfortunate. What happened they jailed the kid? Arrest him? I don't know, I'd have to read the whole thing. And who's got the time?
Speaker 5: Quick question for you, what if you happen to miss this unbelievable radio program?
Speaker 3: The answer is easy, friends, Just download our podcast Armstrong and Getty on Demand. It's the podcast version of the broadcast show, available anytime, any day, every single podcast platform known demand.
Speaker 5: Download it now. Armstrong and Getty on Demand arm.
Speaker 1: Strong See Armstrong and Getty Show Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 2: We're off for taking a break.
Speaker 3: Come on enjoy this carefully curated Armstrong and Getty replay.
Speaker 2: Now on with the infotainment.
Speaker 7: If I love company holiday parties, you can get to be with people that you work with all day long for more hours, and you get to say I love your ugly Christmas sweater and they're like, that's just my sweater and you get to be like, hey, remind me, do you go buy Steve or Steven?
Speaker 2: And he's like it's Mark.
Speaker 7: And your boss tries to crack a joke and everyone around them does the employment laughter like and you get to say no work talk, and then you realize that you have nothing to talk about, and you get to station yourself right in front of the food platter so that if you don't want to talk to the person standing in front of you anymore, you just shove something into your mouth. And at the end of the night you get to do an Irish exit where everyone's like, where's Paul's he gett us drinks up at the bar. Nope, Paul's at home.
Speaker 5: I have had a great, great time at many a company Christmas party in my life, like great time. I don't know who started the idea that they're miserable, and then of course the trend toward well, we can't have them anymore because all the awful things that happen. What I went to a million Christmas parties one time, something that happened and everybody's better for it having happened.
Speaker 2: It was hilarious. Yeah, I suppose.
Speaker 4: So.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: They ranged from great to okay? Were you hammered at some of them? Most of them that were great? Do you think?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 5: I'm sure I was, But they but they used to throw a lot of places I worked through real Christmas parties like nice restaurant, nicer than I would have gone to on my own. With nicer drinks than I was going to get on my own. And then that, at least in our industry, dribbled away over time, and then over that hole, that whole ridiculousness of it's just too dangerous with people getting out of hand and the sexual harassment really liability blob right right, So that choked it out. That I just happened to run into somebody twice this week, two different people who had real company Christmas parties, and I thought, okay, those still exists certain certain industries.
Speaker 2: That's that's nice to hear.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And you get to see your coworkers in a completely different setting and meet their families and have some human relationship with them.
Speaker 2: That helps the business. It helps the business, it really does. Yeah. Yep. A couple of things for you.
Speaker 5: Rob Schneider, you know Rob Schneider from Sarah Ive way back in the day making copies, the copy of Guy and then his friends with Adam Sandler, so Adam Sandler put him in a whole bunch of his movies, so that helped make him richer. Also, Rob Schneider announced he's launching a new all woman talk show, which will be the opposite of the view and will not shame people for their politics. It's supposed to be an all inclusive they actually have different points of view.
Speaker 2: The view well, I love that.
Speaker 3: Rob Schneider's a really interesting guy. He's a solid thinker. He is good presence online search.
Speaker 5: Him and Bill Maher as he sat in Bill Maher's basement and talked for like an hour and a half about politics a couple weeks ago is really interesting. The Lincoln Project, which I like to bring up just because I hate those people so much, is a bunch of Republican hacks who decided to be anti Trump and run a scam to make money, and a whole bunch of you probably are anti Trump, probably gave him money. Never Trump. Lincoln Project paid millions in twenty twenty four to companies owned by themselves.
Speaker 2: Shocking. Oh wow, that's weird.
Speaker 5: So much of politics, you really need to spend a lot of time on any charity or political group of any kind to figure out if they're doing what you think they're doing with your money, because they appeal to your emotion and then they keep a lot of it, whether it's Black Lives Matter, the Lincoln Project, Al Sharpen what he's trying to do for the guy that dangle penny choked or or whatever.
Speaker 3: So many of the packs that ask for your money because if you're with Trump like we are, if you think Trump is hitler like we do, give twenty dollars now and all the relatives are on the payroll and they all get rich.
Speaker 2: Yeah, U, this is too long. Better save that for next hour.
Speaker 5: Next hour. You say there's another hour, You're darn right there is. We do four hours every single day.
Speaker 2: Are you sure?
Speaker 5: If you missed it the podcast Armstrong and getting on demand. Go into an all Spanish Catholic Mass tonight, which will be interesting. My son's doing it. My son's doing it for extra credit in his Spanish class. And uh, I have a feeling I'll hear a lot of Spanish Spanish Spanish Jesus Spanish Spanish Spanish Jesus. And that's little God. See, I didn't even know that word. I know, I know very little Spanish unless they say casada or.
Speaker 2: Wow. This is heading in a really objectionable time. For some reason, I'm not going to I'm not going to understand anything other than Jesus.
Speaker 3: And the Lord is the sombrero over us they'll be explaining in Spanish and you'll say, wait a minute, sombrero, I get that's good. Uh, you gotta open Google Transfer all right, right, that's not a bad idea.
Speaker 5: Via condos English God, even when it's in English, a Catholic mass is difficult. You gotta like, look around, we kneeling now, were standing up. We're not standing up.
Speaker 2: We're standing. They can tell you're an outsider. Then they give you the hairy eyeball.
Speaker 5: You know what your cats sitting?
Speaker 3: Yes, indeed, my daughter has two absolutely delightful cats. They are kind of adolescent age. They haven't quite mellowed out into super chill cats lay on top of the sofa and just look at you. They still want to play a lot and stuff, so they're they're a lot of fun.
Speaker 5: Do they pee on things? That's always my concern if I'm watching.
Speaker 2: Anybody, No, no, no, no, they're very very well littered boxy train. Naturally.
Speaker 3: The cats do that naturally, really, unless they have some sort of problem. But they've been delightful. They're a lot of fun. They're so sweet, and I'm not allergic to them by some miracle. But Judy and I have agreed that like the last evening, I walk the dog, I run up, I play with the cats because they need some interaction stuff like that. I go downstairs and I feed the dog. Then I take a shower, and then I blah blah blah. Then I got to go to deal with the cats because Judy is out, and and then I go out to the garage and this frog or toad or something's jumping around.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I'm living.
Speaker 3: I'm Doctor Doolittle over here. But it's a lot of work, it's a lot of responsibility, having two more beasts in the house. Yeah, or Paxster is so old and I don't know if he's hard at hearing or whatever.
Speaker 2: They don't meow.
Speaker 3: Upstairs because they're the restrict restricted to one upstairs bedroom. And they meow and we look at Pastor and he's like, what what are you looking at me for? So he's totally unaware.
Speaker 5: I'm a pet fan in general, but Jesus, the pet thing is just it. It's beyond where it was thirty years ago, twenty years ago. It's just And yes, can you afford it? Do you have time for it? Does your lifestyle allow for this? And the traveling with the pets. While I was staying in a hotel over Thanksgiving, nice hotel that allows dogs, and most of the people I saw having their dogs in the hotel, they looked miserable, trying.
Speaker 2: To deal with it. Is stressed out, stressed out.
Speaker 5: And I saw mom and dad trying to get the dog out of the room with the kids, and you hold that, you hold the dog, I'll bring them. He's like, is this fun for anybody having the dog with you on this trip or or would have been just fine to have.
Speaker 2: The dog at home or not have a dog.
Speaker 3: You talk about facets of modern life. I don't get I love dogs. I love my dog, but he's not coming on any damn trip. Sorry, he's not coming to the.
Speaker 2: Store with me.
Speaker 5: I've talked to my son about this. I said, you got to get this early in the relationship. I mean, are they dog rides in the truck with you wherever you go, person sleeps in the bed with you, person goes to the restaurant or not? And are you because he's a no way and uh, because that's it, that's it. That could be a deal breaker because one of you has to give on something that's obviously very important to you right, animals in the car. I hate it absolutely, Oh.
Speaker 2: Really I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't mind that for some reason, but I just the logistics of trying to do things and tend to a dog.
Speaker 2: Katie, what the side of this are you on? Are you the dog goes everywhere? Person? Oh, my dog has a car seat. Sure, that's absolutely fine, But I don't want to do it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: He actually went to a restaurant with us and was very well behaved. It was amazing, cool, it's fantastic. I just I don't want to do it. Miss Now, I don't on what it's not on something else to worry about. Yeah, it's funny, little he's your best friend.
Speaker 5: You do have the situation though, where you upset on the air that you were working toward a family and so you got the whole messing thing going that that that's that's different too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a little baby crazy? Yeah, exactly. You've got sweaters and stuff, that's what that's what? Oh lord?
Speaker 3: Yeah, my daughter in the cats place place. It's it's so clearly rehearsing.
Speaker 2: Really cool. Fine, but yeah, that's awesome. I think that's natural. Cart sure, right, quick question for Katie, when you took the dog to the restaurant. Did you guys order him a meal?
Speaker 5: I did order him a plain beef patty, and he thoroughly enjoyed it.
Speaker 3: All right, So we're dealing with a nut job here, folks. She's sweet, kind of nutty.
Speaker 5: Do you take him through the drive through at Starbucks where they have.
Speaker 2: What do they call him? Puppet pop?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: No, I have not done that. Yeah, you're well you don't love them, then I guess, Oh wod.
Speaker 5: I was watching that family fight their dog at the at the hotel, trying to get the kids and the dog and all the stuff, and I thought that freaking looks miserable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they look miserable.
Speaker 5: Oh you know, I mean mine twelve pounds, so I can just pick him up.
Speaker 2: That's easy. That is a difference.
Speaker 5: I've always been a big dog person. Joe and I have talked about this over the years. I've always liked big dogs, always had big dogs. Then Henry won to pug. We got a pug. Here's something awful handy about the tiny little dog. You just pick up here, come here, setting you over here for now?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah yeah, And housing and feeding and cleaning up after a seventy five pound dog as well.
Speaker 2: It's many multiples of the little fella.
Speaker 3: Although I did love who's that against a chihuam owner, But either you heard about that or you didn't, you know. On the other end of the lifespan Katie to various people who may or may not be like rehearsing parenthood. When Delaney left the house, it was when she, you know, went off to college. It was a couple of years after our dog Onyx had died, who was a black lab too, and I was so disoriented by not having another beast to care for.
Speaker 2: We got a dog.
Speaker 3: And whoever you are, I should remember your name. Some emailer wrote, Joe, are you out of your friggin mind? You finally got an empty nest, You got all this freedom and you got a big dog.
Speaker 2: What's the matter with you? And he was right on one level.
Speaker 3: Although Backster is my buddy and I love him, But yeah, this time, and Judy has put her foot down and it's fine. I need some sort of dad detox program so I can just get used to it's just the two of us, and I'm not caring for another beast who needs my attention.
Speaker 2: Does free you up a lot? When you don't have a pet. Yeah, and let's go here or there or whatever.
Speaker 3: But you know, as some listeners know, I had a minor child under my roof for twenty five consecutive years, and it's not easy to transition out of that life.
Speaker 2: Sound it's not effortless. I can't even imagine. I will have to imagine in about ten years, eight years. I guess, quick question for.
Speaker 5: You, what if you happen to miss this unbelievable radio program.
Speaker 3: The answer is easy, friends, just download our podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand. It's the podcast version of the broadcast show, available anytime, any day, every single podcast platform known demand.
Speaker 5: Download it now, Armstrong and Getty on Demand, shot.
Speaker 2: I'm Strong and get each Other.
Speaker 5: You've certainly heard of the Jurassic period of time because you got all those movies right, or maybe in school at some point had to memorize all the different periods of world history?
Speaker 2: Did you have to do that?
Speaker 5: I remember having that memorized at one point, and I'd be another one of those that I would look back on and think, was that just an epis an experiment in memorization? Or was I supposed to hang on to that for the rest of my life when the Pleocene era ended, in the Jurassic era began, and.
Speaker 3: How long that was just going to say, I'm I'm placed to scene man any other eras a waste of time. I don't even want to look at your bones if you're from a different era.
Speaker 5: But usually there hundreds of millions of years long, these different periods of time, And there was a group of scientists that were trying to get a new one going for now, because man has so changed the planet that we.
Speaker 2: Needed a new name.
Speaker 5: But before we get to that, the Earth is about four point six billion years old, And there is actually a particular group of scientists that decide these things. The grandly named chapters of our planet's history are governed by a body of scientists, the International Union of Geological Sciences, And they get together and talk about this and vote now and then as to when what, when one era began another one ended, in why and that sort of stuff. Well, they had to vote the other day, and of the seventeen scientists who vote on this sort of thing, only a handful voted for calling our current age the anthroposine era the human age. Overwhelming to surprise, a lot of your like climate activists, to the big surprise of a lot of climate activists, overwhelmingly the scientists said, now, you know, it's just too new. I've read a whole bunch of the different quotes, too new to too many criteria involved. I don't know scientists, but seems pretty clear to me that when we've had all these different ages that have been hundreds of millions of years long, to all of the sudden decide that the human the most recent human age, which really only goes back, you know, a couple hundred years of really perhaps affecting the planet, is clearly a new age. Seems like a bad idea and would have been a political move and an effort to get the climate change crowd all whipped up and have an argument.
Speaker 2: I'm happy to see that. The scientist said, Nah, not even close.
Speaker 3: Really, yeah, yeah, I uh, I'm just looking at the Wikipedia for this, and there are different systems and scales and stuff, and way more ages than I was aware of. Yeah, how do you feel about the hollow scene age? That's what we're currently living in, right, it's a hollow scene man. Well now that was uh, well wait or is it? Yeah, you're right, it is.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's where we're currently living through the Hollow Scene age, and so the debate was over whether or not that had come to a close in the Anthropocene age, where human beings at affected the planet so much that the human age would be declared, but they decided to not, and it wasn't even closed again.
Speaker 2: Like I said, I'm happy to hear that.
Speaker 3: Judy and I just bought a vacation home in Upper Triassic. By the way, it is so beautiful, the views amazing.
Speaker 5: Everybody's had this experiment experience. Who's ever been to a museum or looked into this sort of thing or watched a National geographic show. The planet is so damned old, and these various periods of time are so long. A lot of your favorite dinosaurs didn't live within one hundred million years.
Speaker 2: Of each other.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's just it's a mind boggling to think of the amount of time, and then to start getting into an age that you're concerned about, going back to the late eighteen hundreds when we started having gas powered engines.
Speaker 2: Come on, yeah, yeah, So I'm just troubled.
Speaker 3: You're saying my kids TV shows of the of Saturday morning, we're inaccurate in their portrayal of all your major hot dinosaurs ganging up on say a family that had been mysteriously transported to that era. You're saying that was inaccurate.
Speaker 5: The period of time that human beings have been the dominant beast on Earth is so short, it's just a blink of an eye. And then the period of that blink of an eye where we have, you know, been really pumping plastics into the landfills and using combustable engineses tiny. In that blink of an eye.
Speaker 3: One could argue that given that the damage that's been done is spectacular, although you know, I always maintain I think there are probably geological forces at work that we don't understand until they start. I mean, for instance, people have commented that some of the particulate matter in the atmosphere actually reflects sunlight out and lowers the temperature, and if we were to clean it all up, there'd be much more direct s and it would raise the heat.
Speaker 2: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 3: So I just wonder if some of this stuff is self correcting. There is no positive to plastics in the ocean, for instance. No, no, I'm super anti that. But having said that, ninety percent of it or a huge percentage of it comes from Asia. So what am I gonna do about it? Towed around my disgusting canvas bag to my infrequent grocery store trips.
Speaker 2: No, give me a damn bag.
Speaker 5: Plus we only all get what is it? Three score and ten years? The Bible says, roughly seventy eighty years on Earth.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I can only worry about so many things.
Speaker 3: I'm hoping for four score in seven years, just in honor of Lincoln as a Lincoln File eighty seven.
Speaker 2: You can do that. Maybe have you ever hung out with me?
Speaker 5: Quick question for you, what if you happen to miss this unbelievable radio program.
Speaker 3: The answer is easy, friends, Just download our podcast Armstrong and Getty on Demand. It's the podcast version of the podcast show, available anytime, any day, every single podcast platform known demand.
Speaker 5: Download it now Armstrong Getty on Demand Armstrong and Getty