Speaker 1: Hey guys, welcome to another episode of Eating While Broke. I'm your host, Colleen, and today we have very special guests, Number one sports Better in the world. The world is in the building.
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 1: I'm very excited for this interview. You are the out of like almost two hundred episodes, you are the only one in your genre. So this is this is gonna be fun for me because I'm gonna learn a lot. Well, yeah, there's no one else like you, only number one. I'm just curious, like, off rip, how much sports do you.
Speaker 2: Watch every day, all day, every day, every day all day.
Speaker 1: Have you have you also thought about like maybe being like a comment or in addition to sports betting, like a commentor commentary? You know, do you like it when you watch? Do you watch I watch it?
Speaker 2: I watched them. Cool, but that's not mine.
Speaker 1: That's not your just all sports betting. Okay, before we get into that, because I have one hundred and one questions in the path, I feel like he's gonna be game to answer all the questions and not block any We'll see. But anyways, before we get into it, what are you gonna have me eating today as you're broke? Dish and as lunch.
Speaker 2: For me today, I got some Mama noodles. We got sausage and eggs.
Speaker 3: You're basically gonna you know, we put all together and it's basically like a little a little noodle dish.
Speaker 1: Okay. Now, are you gonna keep the water or it's gonna be like soup? Or is it gonna be like noodles?
Speaker 2: It'll be like kind of dry. I mean, it's not gonna be dry. It's gonna be a little wet.
Speaker 4: Okay, like it's not gonna be a soup soup.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well I'm hungry, so get the cooking and oh yeah, and everyone just so you know, he was bragging how he hasn't cooked in ages, but but his boys were saying that he can cook. And they were bragging about like fried fried fish. So that means you must have cooked recently.
Speaker 2: Nah, that was nineteen years ago.
Speaker 1: Okay, So Mama noodles. Now this is different from your typical ramen. I've had this one time on the show before. Can you please give us a little backstory on why mama.
Speaker 3: Listen to New Orleans fan, this is like everybody go to medi.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, okay, and then the sausage and eggs combo? Was it like a breakfast situation?
Speaker 2: That was just me being fat? I wasn't fat for real, but its me being fat?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay for all the listeners, I thought he was gonna be like five foot seven.
Speaker 2: Everybody think I'm small, but then they see me in personally like he taught.
Speaker 1: For I'm five four guys, How tall are you? Yeah? A lots taller than I would have predicted. All right, So take me back to what was going on during the sausage, eggs and Mama Ramen phase of your life.
Speaker 2: I mean, this is like high school and junior college and.
Speaker 3: College days, playing football, not really having too much bridges getting by.
Speaker 1: Okay, did you come from two parent household?
Speaker 3: So I have my mom my stepdad, and then I have my dad as well, so basically too but not my actual dad but still my dad.
Speaker 1: And then middle class poor, rich.
Speaker 2: Middle class cool. We wasn't like we wasn't like eating syrup sandwiches, but you know it was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was cool like you had what you needed type situation, Like you didn't want for anything.
Speaker 3: No, I mean, I mean I wanted stuff that I didn't get, but I wasn't like you can't have thish.
Speaker 2: I mean I could have some stuff, okay, but it wasn't I could have whatever I want. Yeah, I wasn't sporting fair like, yeah you got it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that makes sense. Okay, So you were into sports early on. You said you played sports.
Speaker 2: I played football, You played footballans I went to Opraah Walker High School. When I went to order some Baptist junior college and I went toucky.
Speaker 1: You went to where Western Kentucky, Western Kentucky? Okay, and then what made you decide to move out to Los Angeles.
Speaker 2: One of my teammates at Western Kentucky was from here. M H.
Speaker 3: When I moved back to New Orleans after I was done playing, he was like, hey, bro, one of my my roommate moved out. I got an extra room to move four.
Speaker 1: Hundred a month, one hundred a month. That's great.
Speaker 2: I'm there. How long that was?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: That was like six years ago, six years ago.
Speaker 1: I've been here for six years, But how four hundred a month rent six years ago? I'm trying to do the mask.
Speaker 2: I mean it was, I mean, it's his family houseful. It wasn't really like what it really was.
Speaker 1: Yes, he already had discounted.
Speaker 2: He was see what you can do? So I just came out.
Speaker 1: And what was your family saying when you decided to make that move?
Speaker 2: They were that was cool, and it was like, go try it out and see how they.
Speaker 1: Wasn't What was your career choice at the time.
Speaker 2: At the time, I was a car salesman at least side.
Speaker 1: Okay, how did you.
Speaker 2: That was my only job? Mind I did.
Speaker 1: I'm already loving it.
Speaker 2: Was a really good salesman, but that was my only job ever.
Speaker 1: Did you have to get a car sales license to you.
Speaker 2: Just go to dealership and apply and then you.
Speaker 1: Work through the deal because in California you need a license for it. Really, yeah, California you need a special license.
Speaker 2: Not there, you just do what you do.
Speaker 1: So when you come out here, you come with car, you had, come with savings.
Speaker 2: I came. I came with two cars. I had a I had a Mustang and.
Speaker 3: I had a Dodge Dart okay, and I was driving Uber and my Dodge Dark And so that's basically I was making money while I was here.
Speaker 2: When I first hated.
Speaker 1: How did you move the two cars down here?
Speaker 2: But one of my friends in the wers drove the car down and I drove the.
Speaker 1: Other one, and you just followed and you packed it up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pack it up to the burman came out.
Speaker 1: Okay, so what's your first play after you move here?
Speaker 2: My first play meaning your.
Speaker 1: First made Like, what's your first thing? You're you're you're just doing Uber.
Speaker 2: I was just doing Uber, That's my main thing.
Speaker 1: And then how was Uber in l A good?
Speaker 2: It was actually really good around that time. Now, I don't know if around that time it was. It was money for sure?
Speaker 1: Did Uber give you a crash course in taxes?
Speaker 2: And no? What's crazy?
Speaker 3: When I first moved here, within the first week of me getting here, somebody smacked my car apart, my Uber car smacked it right, hit it on the side of the road, totaled it no way within a week and beginning, so I drove Uber with a renold.
Speaker 1: Basically, oh was that expensive?
Speaker 2: It was like a thousand dollars a month, so it wasn't too bad, but it was it was cool. Oh yeah, they totaled it quick.
Speaker 1: But did you get a decent pay.
Speaker 2: I got to pay out. It was cool. You're talking to me, you gonna be over here about the burn ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, go ahead.
Speaker 2: I try to healty task.
Speaker 1: Handle your business too. I got you sweating to little NAPKT. We turned off the AC in the studio, guys, so it doesn't affect the audio.
Speaker 2: Thanks you.
Speaker 1: Who were you annoyed to see that you were gonna have to cook today?
Speaker 4: Not?
Speaker 2: Really? It was cool. It's cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Does this bring you back to old times?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: Do you feel it in your spirit?
Speaker 2: No? Because I still eat this ship?
Speaker 1: You do well? Who cooks it for you? You said you don't cook well?
Speaker 2: I put in the microwave.
Speaker 1: So okay, all right, So this is a this is a a more, this is a comfort meal to you at this point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can just throw this in there and let it do what to do.
Speaker 1: So how long were you ubering?
Speaker 2: For a couple of years?
Speaker 1: A couple of years.
Speaker 3: I was ubering in New Orleans before I moved here, and then when I came here, I was ubering for maybe two or three years.
Speaker 1: Now, this is after you graduated from college? Did you graduate?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I went to Weston, Tucky and graduating talking fourteen.
Speaker 1: Now this is gonna a word this nicely. So you graduate from college, are you concerned that you're ubering to get by or are you? No?
Speaker 2: I knew I had a plan.
Speaker 1: What was the plan at that?
Speaker 3: I mean it was entrepreneurship was the plan. I just didn't know what it was gonna be. But I hit that one a couple of big bets, and you know, took it to the next level. I've been been since, like right out of high school.
Speaker 1: So did your parents know about this betting?
Speaker 2: They knew?
Speaker 1: Were they in support of it?
Speaker 2: I mean they wasn't in support of it, but they wasn't against it either, as long as I wasn't asking them for nothing. They weren't truer.
Speaker 3: Okay, So I was really driving like a lot of Uber so I could take the money I was taking from Uber and bet it to like flip it.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you were a straight entrepreneur from Jump from Jump, I.
Speaker 2: Know, I wasn't work for nobody. Now, one job I had after that, I said, nah, this ain't it. Can't do it. I just can't see myself cocking in every day from nine to five, and.
Speaker 1: Just yeah, I have a similar issue. It's very hard because I feel like time is the most valuable thing and I can't get it back. So how do you put a dollar amount that's worthy of taking that time, and I value my time at a certain hour. Whether you value it at that hour or not.
Speaker 2: You know, it's all about yourself exactly.
Speaker 1: So it just never seems to work out for me. I think it's just better just to work for myself. I make more money that way, and I get more of my time. Right, that's me so spoken like a shoe hustler. I've never seen anybody seasoned eggs with Tony's garlic or onion powder ever in my life, ever in my life. So is that like a New Orleans thing? And you did it straight home? Did it burn? Okay? You like a chef? All right? So the eggs are scrambled with Tony's garlic an onion smells gray.
Speaker 2: Little pepper and lit a little salt. Don't really need butter?
Speaker 1: M hm, Oh did you put butter in it?
Speaker 2: I didn't even put butter in there.
Speaker 1: Would you put on the bottom of the pan.
Speaker 2: The sausage juice? Oh?
Speaker 1: Wow, you're a real cook. You're a real cook. I don't know why you don't cook.
Speaker 2: I could. I mean, I was. I was in the relationship for a while, so I didn't have to. But now that I'm saying, you know.
Speaker 1: Sometimes I get in the kitchen and make it work. Can't just made those wings?
Speaker 2: And that's then all right, put that in there.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I'm gonna I'm gonna be your commentor so he took the eggs and he dropped it in the noodles, and then he's just gonna drop the sausages and all of the sausage up. So and this is pork sausage.
Speaker 2: You like pork.
Speaker 1: I love pork. Whether pork loves me or beef loves me is a different story. But I love them, but I just can't eat them that often.
Speaker 2: And it comes with these two little season and pacage. You're stow them on in there.
Speaker 1: With no water.
Speaker 3: You stow it in there and mix it up, and then if if it ain't enough, thing, you know, you just take a little more Tony's and throw it in there or something.
Speaker 1: I feel like it's gonna be really salty, you think. So I don't want a second guess, No, no, no, don't second gainst yourself. Why don't you just jump it off.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna do what I do because I don't care if you like it. I like it. Let me. I'm messing with you.
Speaker 1: Ahead, go ahead, I'm gonna judge it. So I'm gonna be honest.
Speaker 2: I know, I know you're gonna be honest, but.
Speaker 1: But I definitely think just from watching it's going to be salty because you didn't even like sadm.
Speaker 2: I'm from New Orleans and we you seasoning when we could, so it's.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, I could tell this is nothing for real. You put Tony's in your eggs, that's nothing.
Speaker 2: It badly tastes like it. Though I didn't put that much. I told it down for you. I probably for more than that.
Speaker 1: I saw a lot of garlic powder hit them eggs. I ain't never seen garlic powder on eggs. Man, A right, I'm dying to try this though. I feel like it's gonna taste great, but also very sold. But okay, come ons, I want to get into the tea.
Speaker 2: Let's get into the tea.
Speaker 1: So, so you make money off uber, you start betting on your picks that you pick on your own. At any point, are you starting to crowd raise any money from friends or you're just taking your money and just my money. Okay, in the beginning, how many losses were you experiencing like what.
Speaker 2: What were I was losing? I lost for years. I was losing.
Speaker 3: I started betting in twenty fifteen, twenty fourteen, twenty fifteen, and I was losing until like twenty.
Speaker 2: Nineteen, twenty twenty. I was losing for a while for four years. Yeah, I was losing, but it was just fun.
Speaker 1: So when you would take a loss, how did you handle that grief?
Speaker 2: I mean at some point it's like.
Speaker 3: You you lose attachment to like money, so like I lost too much money and like bitcoin and like cryptos, and I'm used to losing money.
Speaker 2: So it's like it didn't really fay you.
Speaker 1: Looked at money. It's more of a tool.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Have you read the book of the Psychology of Money.
Speaker 2: I don't read.
Speaker 1: I don't like to read audio book.
Speaker 2: I hate reading.
Speaker 1: Honestly, you should read that book. It's really good. I feel like you could. You would, even though you hate reading. I don't know how you read that book. But it talks about when you're doing business sometimes the difficulty of like losing sleep needs to be contributed to when you're doing investments and stuff like that. So yeah, but you have a detachment, so it's it doesn't really like you look at it as more of a tool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's great, thank.
Speaker 3: You, melttle MESSI I'm not really when I cook, I don't have I don't have presentation. But it's gonna taste good.
Speaker 2: Yo.
Speaker 1: I just took like a little nipple of noodle. Guys, taste it great.
Speaker 3: Let's see see what I did because I cooked it, but I didn't really taste it when I was cooking it when I was at home. I would like I would really, but I'm in front of you, some kind of nervous a little bit.
Speaker 1: Oh I like that. See Wait, no, no, sit down with me.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, talk to them.
Speaker 1: I ain't gonna lie.
Speaker 2: These are amazing, great stole woman rap.
Speaker 1: You know what I like about you is that most guests would mess up how long they boil the noodles for while talking, and you did not. That's impressive. Like you wrong, you had your eye on it. This is a really good I don't know if it's the seasoning of the Mama noodles or your seasoning, but yeah, but it's a ten out of ten. Thank you, and the noodles are cooked really well.
Speaker 2: M hm. So thank you.
Speaker 1: Is the second time I'm gonna I'm gonna I'm gonna say that this ram is at the top of my list. And it doesn't even feel like a broke dish.
Speaker 2: I mean this noddles. I mean around that time there was like twenty eggs was cheap size with cheap.
Speaker 1: You feel like you can cook when you cook this. And have you ever surprised a friend with this and been like here and they've.
Speaker 2: Been like, oh my god all the time. They love like they see you here noodles and they just think it's just noodles.
Speaker 1: This This is even though I don't really see a lot of the egg. It's so broken up.
Speaker 2: It's probably broken up inside the other the whole thing too.
Speaker 1: Dude, this is great. And you know what it's like, just the right amount of spice.
Speaker 2: I told it down for you, spicy. I love spicy food.
Speaker 1: This is delicious. Thanks for toning it down from me. I thought you you here because you were making it your boy, But you.
Speaker 2: Gotta take it to a comp of people that you couldn't pro when you couldn't.
Speaker 1: What what helped you detach from money? You think?
Speaker 2: Just I just knew being an entrepreneur you're going to lose before you win.
Speaker 1: Was there ever a point where you questioned, though, like, hey, is this Hay does use the word like addiction, but like because betting can be like close to gambling, right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean it is gambling. But I was never the type to like overristen myself like I would always. I was always disciplined and knowing I'm not about to go in there and bet my rent money and shit, some people will do that like you were.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's how I lend money out, like I'm always. I only lend money out on what I'm willing to lose, not willing to lose it. I don't lend it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, some people bet they last, and that's not That's not the way that So you had structure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, instructure the whole time you're betting for the four years, are you saying I'm going to be the number one sports better in the world.
Speaker 2: Nah, it just happened that just like I just want you to get close like this, you want to get closer. I got you.
Speaker 1: You're on this mic now.
Speaker 2: I just happened.
Speaker 3: Like I started off just sending best to my friends and at that point they they like thought I was doing They liked my best, but I got tired of senator.
Speaker 2: Everybody started just made a group check.
Speaker 3: Then eventually they was like, they're like, bro, just put it on like I think said, put on Instagram or something. And I made like a little group on Instagram so around people could join. And then they was like, bro, like you need to be getting paid for this. So at that point, I just started charging on Instagram and within like two days, I had like fifty people, and I'm like, this could be something else.
Speaker 1: And in the beginning, did you start with a free subscription model or did you start right away with the charging the.
Speaker 3: At first, when I first made it, it was free to like my friends and people that followed me, like just follow me regular.
Speaker 2: And then I started charging ten a month, ten dollars a month.
Speaker 3: But I had already seen people charging like five hundred for one day and different stuff, so I'd already seen it, but I would never pay that because it like don't make sense to me.
Speaker 2: Something.
Speaker 3: Let me let me try to pivot a little bit. So they like you should charge that. I'm like, you know, let me just charge ten dollars.
Speaker 2: See what happened. Yeah, within like two days, like forty fifty people.
Speaker 3: He's liken, bro, that ain't enough, like go up a little bit, and so I went up to twenty yeah, and it was just running up, and then at some point it had sold out, like it was just too many people. Like once you get to people following your bets, it'll mess the market. Hell, so too many people on one side, the book is going to like move a certain way, so like you like it needs to correct yourself, like I to me, on one side is gonna keep going up and up and up and up, so people are not gonna be able to take the same bet.
Speaker 1: Okay, can you break that down and layman's language for me?
Speaker 3: Okay, So let's just say the Lakers are playing the Clippers, and the Lakers are the favorite that favored and minus street, and you have thousands of people betting minus three, it's gonna go up to minus four, minus five, minus six, which means they have to win by three, one by four, one by five, one by six. Like it'll just keep going up if it's only one side being bet okay.
Speaker 2: So basically I was it was like messing up the market a little.
Speaker 3: Bit, okay, because I had so many people taking on one side, so I had to cut off my subscription, and then I up the price a little bit to not have as many people come in at the same time.
Speaker 1: Okay, so then some people actually fell off.
Speaker 2: Or I mean a lot of people still there like they just but it's it's not as bad when the sports the sports backups.
Speaker 3: Sports betting market is growing, so it's a lot of people like betting like it's it's growing every day. Yeah, so if I if you up the price a little bit, it's gonna stop as many cause it was coming in like crazy at first. But I didn't I didn't want I don't want two many people on the same bet because it's they can't all take it.
Speaker 2: It's like the market's gonna move too much.
Speaker 3: Okay, So I had up the price a little bit to stop adding people from coming in, but still make it affordable for anybody to really still kind of get in if they really really want to.
Speaker 1: So, what's your current price? Because I thought it was what's your current Now it's one hundred a month. Yeah, and then you have so technically you start as an entrepreneur, starting as a sports better but now you added an additional stream of income because now you have a subscription base. Now when you were coming up with this model. Were you shocked at how much revenue that alone was bringing in without the sports betting?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was. I was kind of shocked.
Speaker 3: I didn't think it was gonna I was like, because me, I was never the type to pay for sports picks, Like, I was like, I'm gonna fire on my own. But I was surprised about how many people would actually do it. People have an addiction to betting.
Speaker 2: But they suck.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so they need to go somewhere where they can get good picks and still enjoy themself so they're not losing as much. Because even if somebody's fifty percent, if they're losing money and they come to you when you're sixty percent, they're happy.
Speaker 2: With that because they were losing before.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they just want to keep be in it. Yeah, So I'm like saving the community.
Speaker 1: You're hilarious. Do you feel pressure thought being the picker?
Speaker 2: I hate losing. I hate losing for them, not even not for myself, but for them, cause I know they might need it a lot more than nottingly.
Speaker 1: But how do you handle that because that's a different type of loss versus like losing actual money. Y, you know how you said you were detached from the money, right, so that was like betting your own Like even with my friends, Like if I do something risky, I'm always like, let me take it first, and then if it works, all the homies can jump on. And then n a lot of times it don't work out on me, I'm like, uh, I guess I didn't have to deal with the that part of letting someone down. But in your case, you can't detach.
Speaker 3: From your well that's well, that's why I charge monthly, so it's like you get a whole month of picks. So like if I lose one day, I'm telling you all, like you just relaxed, like we good, Like we don't. We gonna get it back. We gonna do what we gotta do. But it just depends on like how they're managing their money, cause it's like bank orman, it's a lot of stuff that goes into it. You can't just be betting it all every day cause eventually you're gonna lose one one of those days. So like you gotta be able to manage your money. So I try to teach them everything they need to be successful. But if they listen, they listen. If they don't.
Speaker 1: They don't you teach you about the money management too?
Speaker 3: I try to, Yeah, I I don't. I don't like go into full depth, but I kind of tell them like, Okay, look risk this amount of your bank road when you're betting, so you're not betting too much?
Speaker 1: Okay. Wow. And then going back to the detachment, are you able to detach if you have a loss?
Speaker 2: Me, Yeah, I don't care. I I lost yesterday. I ain't gonna I I got cool. No, not not for you personally, for them, oh for them, Yeah, I mean I I It's like, I'm like, you can tell somebody what to do, but you can't make them do it. So like if I tell you exactly what to do, when you decide to do something else, that's kind of on you.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So what are some of the stories you've heard from people that one that were like crazy that you were able to transform.
Speaker 3: Somebody told me about the Mama House, about their Mama car, like they don't quit their jobs.
Speaker 2: Like stuff like that just makes me happy.
Speaker 1: Do you have any people that aspire to be you, like a sports better.
Speaker 3: I have a few mentors that a mentor that I basically showed them how to do what I do basically, and people people look up to me.
Speaker 1: I feel like, so, yeah, now, what does your family say about this industry that you're in?
Speaker 2: I mean, I feel like they don't really have too much to say.
Speaker 1: They're proud, well obviously, Plus the money speaks for yourself, right right.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm probably one of the riches in my family.
Speaker 1: So wow, that's a lot to say. Are you the first entrepreneur?
Speaker 2: I don't think so.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: I think there's a people for me.
Speaker 1: But none that you trained from. No, did you have a mentor no? So at what point does you start?
Speaker 2: So after?
Speaker 1: What? At what point does the subscription model take place?
Speaker 2: Three years ago?
Speaker 1: Three years ago? Okay, and you're not working at all at this point? Are you still doing I wasn't working. When did you quit Uber? Officially? Officially?
Speaker 2: I quit probably a year before. I started doing.
Speaker 1: Subscriptions a year before, and that was just off. You've been doing better?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 3: I quit actually because of COVID. So around around the COVID time when you couldn't we couldn't really do that.
Speaker 1: Oh, they couldn't do Uber during COVID. Well, nobody was really driving out, so we had to figure it out yeah, yeah, they're like doors right, uber they had over because people weren't there getting like food delivered to their house. Like everybody was scared. I know in New York you could have cleaned up because nobody, nobody.
Speaker 2: In my crib. I didn't even want to go outside for really, like I was. I wasn't trying to kiss that. But around that time is when I stopped like ubering and I just tried to like I was figuring it out and been on different sports and different little shit.
Speaker 1: So you're just at home. And then were you able to take advantage of the the COVID, the COVID, the COVID unemployment or whatever incentives they had during Yeah, yep. At any point did you like try to do a PvP to like bet or no, or you're not going to do that.
Speaker 2: I wasn't trying to play with them people.
Speaker 1: Okay, So you survived COVID gracefully or on top you did the subscription during COVID or after.
Speaker 2: I started kind of like right after it's like around well in twenty five.
Speaker 1: It's in twenty two, so like right when the world started on like like when I started back up again. Okay, Yeah, and then how did you handle like the marketing of it.
Speaker 2: I mean I always felt like I was a good marketer, So I just I do everything myself, like everything was done by me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I see, you come with your own team to do b rolling all of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we do everything.
Speaker 1: So now is your infrastructure like marketing subscriptions and betting?
Speaker 3: Yeah, marketing subscriptions and betting it is my main source. But subscriptions they're branks in a lot of money too.
Speaker 1: And then how are you at delegating what you mean delegating like some of the jobs in your company?
Speaker 2: I mean, I just I don't know.
Speaker 1: Are you hiring friends?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Most of the people that work work with me are friends, friends, family.
Speaker 1: Are they all from New Orleans or.
Speaker 2: No that they're from LA and New Orleans?
Speaker 1: Okay, it's nice. Where did you see yourself going with sports betting being the number one sports better?
Speaker 3: I mean, at some point it's gonna be too big where I'm going to have to hire like more and more people. But for now, it's just I'm gonna keep it at what it is until I have to do more.
Speaker 2: I don't really have to.
Speaker 1: But your main responsibility, would you say for the company is it the sports betting, like the picks part.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's like the main the main thing.
Speaker 3: And I said, I don't have like I got bots that do everything, so I don't really need like customer service and all of that, the bock through everything.
Speaker 1: Wow, looking at you, Okay, all right, that's pretty interesting. That's really interesting. So what is a day in the life of you when you have to go through like picks and all of that, Like, what does the day in the life of you look like? Right now?
Speaker 3: So I so right now, I try to get up, I try to go to the gym. Around like nine ten o'clock, I don't wake up. I ain't the six o'clock person.
Speaker 2: That ain't me. I'm done with that.
Speaker 3: Then when I play football, I'm cool with that. Around nine ten o'clock, I try to wake up. I try to go to the gym. If I don't, I don't, but I try to. Okay, after that, come back inside, get a computer, look at the game, see what's going on, take the picks, then put them in my chat, and then after that you watch the game record for YouTube, and then end the day off and repeat the presses. Might have a little fun at night, go out to dinner and whatever, go go out whatever.
Speaker 2: It's pretty simple.
Speaker 1: It's too much.
Speaker 2: I'm really alone that I be with myself for me and and my people.
Speaker 1: Your DJ, DJ one, DJ.
Speaker 2: Two, Yeah, all the DJs.
Speaker 1: It's like impossible forget your whole crew name. It reminds me of I know this sounds terrible guys back there forgive me, but the book from Doctors, Thing one and thing too.
Speaker 2: But it's like that's how it is. It's more of us. They're just not here.
Speaker 1: Are you serious? Like why do you have a thing for Like.
Speaker 2: No, it's not me.
Speaker 3: When I met I didn't. When I met them, they was already DJ. Like I met them like three four years ago. It was DJ's I'm a DJ. I got a few more DJs.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's just you just you guys. Just do you ever be out and then someone says they're DJ, you just be like ah.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: I think between our group, I feel like we know, like by the tone of the DJ, we know who we're talking to, but they don't. But they don't call me DJ because they call me depat But them I could be like D and he'd be like DJ, and they know who we're talking to like this about a tone.
Speaker 2: It's weird.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well you gotta breaking down in code. D and DJ No.
Speaker 2: I could say DJ to either one they gonna talk to just depend on how I said.
Speaker 1: Oh, I want to test this, so without looking at no eye content, you can look down and be like DJ and then they will know. Okay, I want to test it out. Can djays come over here just for one second. I don't care. We're gonna test it out. We just got to because he showed up here, by the way, guys, for all y'all listeners, he showed up in a Lamborghini beautiful car, and DJ one and DJ two came out the car in addition. But we're gonna do a little test just just for fun at this point, can you guys come on camera. You guys are good. It's come on so okay, just can you come around here for a second. Okay, and then D pat you're gonna look at me and we're gonna test this theory right now. Look, he's he's on work, he don't care. Come over here. We're gonna do it. We're gonna do it. Yeah, you're gonna stand like behind dpath for a second. Okay, Now, we're gonna roll the dice. Okay, don't look at me. I don't I don't want the mirror catching and these guys catching a reflection. Okay, I don't even want to catching the tone in your voice. Say which wait? No, write down which DJ? All right, don't peek, write down which DJ you're talking to? Yeah, that's what I was hoping for. Okay, okay, okay, all right, guys, turn around, look at the camera. All right, go ahead, talk to the DJ that you want. Don't look at me, look at me. Which DJ are you talking to right now?
Speaker 2: DJ? Did you send me a video today? Yes? I did.
Speaker 1: Wait, No, that's the cheat. Yeah, because technically he's probably the only one that did the video. He get out of here. Guys, we just know. I don't like it was crazy because the one was quiet, but I felt like that could have been a very suave way of saying that was good. Is that DJ with the hat? Just for y'all to know. Okay, okay, so you know your crew? Okay, day in the life is you do the picks? What is the most expensive? What is the one of the first purchases you did? Once you want enough money to splurge and which one the lamb yours? It's my dream car, guys, all right? And then what was like one of the purchases that you purchased that you wish you could never do again.
Speaker 3: Probably just like a bust of design of clothes eyes no wear no more, Oh thousand dollars pants here a thousand pans.
Speaker 1: What were some of the most painful entrepreneur lessons you had to learn along the way?
Speaker 2: I would just say, learning how to manage money.
Speaker 1: Even though you've been managing money for so long.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean in the beginning it was it was still because I didn't have money. So it's like I was, I was managing, but I was working to like because I know, like if I go, if I spend so much money, I would have to drive for so long and make it right back. So like that was that was around the time where I just I don't know, I just was blowing through it and working to get it back if I lost it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So what are your foundations when it comes to managing your money? Like, what are some things you don't play with when it comes to managing your money?
Speaker 3: Well, now me, I try to I have like a system where it's like Okay, I spend I take fifty percent, I put it up, I take twenty percent.
Speaker 2: I spend it here. No more than ten percent on housing.
Speaker 1: No more than five percent on No more than ten percent on housing. Yeah, that's impressive. That's impressive. Are we going five percent on car?
Speaker 2: Sorry?
Speaker 1: Most people, I think housing is almost forty percent, right to fifty.
Speaker 2: Percent, especially in la is high.
Speaker 1: In la is high. But you're in la and yours is that ten percent?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: That's really good for money management, because if you're doing ten percent, that means you're being extremely conservative or make an extremely a lot. But that's what I'm saying, you're not adjusting those Oh right, right, right, Yeah, So I think that's like you're really good money management. And I think I'm.
Speaker 3: Down't play about that, like I'm gonna put up what I gotta put up unless I said, unless some extreme things happen and I have to like dip over here, I'll do it because I know what I got.
Speaker 2: But it's like, I try to stay until it's fifty percent and put the rest of up.
Speaker 1: And when you say put the rest up, now, does a portion of that go into the bedding or is it like fifty percent goes into the savings to investing or just like investing as in stocks or investing crypto. Wow. Okay, so you do diversify your portfolio.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have cryptos, I have stocks, I have a few different things.
Speaker 1: And then how much of your money management goes into the rebetting of your own picks? How's a tiky question.
Speaker 2: I haven't.
Speaker 3: I don't know the last time I put money into my account to bet because I just had I've been winning, so I'll take for my winnings and leave what I got in.
Speaker 2: There and just keep betting on what I have.
Speaker 1: Oh, I see what you're saying.
Speaker 2: So it's been a while since I actually deposit into my account.
Speaker 1: Because you're just re betting the same money over and over. Oh my goodness. I'm joining the squad, but you're gonna have to teach me how to do it. But what happens if someone like me comes in right and we don't know anything is the expectation that we should know something.
Speaker 2: No, a lot of people don't know nothing when they come to me. But I have like little videos you can watch.
Speaker 3: You have to be you have to be able to be kind of self sufficient a little bit because I'm not about to get on the phone with you every day and like walking through every little step less like you're really close to me.
Speaker 1: But if you too, you can do that, right.
Speaker 3: But like somebody just follow me on Instagram and they're like, bro, I don't know what I'm doing. I'm there's things you can see to you gotta watch, Like you gotta be able to watch the videos. I'll see somebody video. I say, have you watched it?
Speaker 2: And they say no?
Speaker 3: So why are you asking me what to do? Like I've sent you what to do and you're not watching it? Like I can't help you get out yourself.
Speaker 1: When you're subscribers subscribe, do they have opportunities to actually chat with you directly?
Speaker 3: It's all about most most of the time, it's buy services usually. Okay, So don't have time to like reply to hundreds of messages every day?
Speaker 1: Hundreds? How many subscribers do you have now, if you don't mind me asking a couple of thousands?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 1: Okay, So now you have your mainstream subscription income, and then you have your money. That's so your money is just making money for your your money is actually making money for it at this point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, but that's how you make your money work for you.
Speaker 1: I supposed to be what do you see? The next phase stages are in scaling, like how do you scale even more?
Speaker 2: At this point, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I got to sit down and really figure that out, maybe starting an actual company where I hire betters to bet under me and maybe showing them how to market.
Speaker 1: And I don't know, I feel like you're so good as an entrepreneur and financial management you can also do like speaking on the pivots and all that. Because the subscription model, sometimes people don't roll the dice on themselves and say I'm going to go the extra model and do a subscription That in of itself I think takes courage.
Speaker 2: Definitely, it does.
Speaker 3: You gotta you still got to still still be gotta willing to bet on yourself. But if you're sport's betting not it's not a ten year pay.
Speaker 2: For a subscription.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, so you think that if.
Speaker 2: Especially if it's only twenty fifteen do but now you're a hundred.
Speaker 3: But even a hundred if you're if if you can't pay one hundred dollars took for some good pig, you shouldn't betting because you should betle to make that back in the month.
Speaker 2: Yeah, true, especially if you're losing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what is the biggest bet? Do you get to see what they do? You don't get to see I only see it if they send it to me.
Speaker 3: But I can't see what they do. But if somebody sometimes they hit me like bro a big bag today, Like I'm like, that's what's up?
Speaker 1: Do they ever like put some money in a tip jar? Like hey thanks?
Speaker 3: Maybe like two or three times, but it's not it's not often where they send me it two But I don't really, I don't care.
Speaker 1: Do you have mentors?
Speaker 2: Do I have a mentors? No? I don't have any mentors?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 2: Why oh yeah, I never had anything. I probably should. I probably be a lot further ahead.
Speaker 1: But are you in a tray? You are you? Guys? A tray? You are you? Guys?
Speaker 2: I met him when I first moved there, like he was my neighbor.
Speaker 1: Oh, he was your neighbor. But there's no like mentor type because you guys both are entrepreneurs, do you guys?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it wasn't No, it's not a mentor thing.
Speaker 1: Just that's like like a friendship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's actually the.
Speaker 3: One that told me somebody to hit my car when they first hit it, and I was like, what when outside totally?
Speaker 1: Do you still have the Mustange? Okay? Let me said, I still have a picture of your total car.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I would have been happy if I got a check for a total out, because sometimes you can total out a car and you can actually keep the car and get the check. Do you know what I'm talking about? Look, he's trying to find I'm.
Speaker 3: Trying to find it was that was so long ago. I'm gonna see if I can find it real quick. It's right when I first moved a trying to go.
Speaker 1: Back to like you must have been.
Speaker 2: I was pissed because I was like, what am I gonna do?
Speaker 1: But but you had the Mustang?
Speaker 2: Because you can't do it in the Mustang?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, So what advice do you give to young people trying to pursue what you're trying to do?
Speaker 3: I would just say just keep you gotta keep going, even you gotta take take the losses with the wins and keep going because people will win and they'll blow it all and then they'll lose and they be like this is not for me, But then they forgot what got me in the first place.
Speaker 2: You just gotta keep going.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and this doesn't feel like work to you because you genuinely enjoy I have fun every day. You only do football, or you do other.
Speaker 2: S football, basketball, and baseball.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, did you have picks for the games of baseball recently?
Speaker 2: Yeah? And I cashed out Game seven.
Speaker 3: I had the Blue Jays plus one and a half and they lost by one. But I kind of think it either it was gonna win or that just gonna win by one. So that's why I took that too.
Speaker 1: I don't even understand how people can do that, like what bet bet by the scores and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: By one, I mean, that's that's the that's the that's the basic that's the basic model. So basically, I don't make the lines. The sports would make the lines. You take either side. So like in that specific game, it was plus one and a half for the Blue Jays, so they couldn't they could lose or they could win, but they just couldn't lose by more than one, and they lost by exactly one.
Speaker 1: So that's how you do it.
Speaker 2: So I went on that bit.
Speaker 1: But they determine the they determined Oh, I thought you just like it would be like by two.
Speaker 2: No, I don't make the lines. I mean, but that's part of what I do too. I know how to make the lines.
Speaker 3: And if I see an error in with the lines that they make, then I go make my pickspace off of what they make. So if I say, if they say the line, the line is seven and a half, but I say, no, the line should be three and a half, Okay, let me go ahead and take this side, because I think.
Speaker 2: There's the error here.
Speaker 1: Honestly, your business is very interesting.
Speaker 2: But it's very easy for me.
Speaker 1: Well it's for you, but you spent years, and that's the thing. People have to understand. You're very young. I don't want to say your age is very young, guys, but with that being said, it's like you can't discount you spent like four or five years trial and error, on top of betting your own money, on top of Okay, not only do I have this thing that I've been working out the kings amongst my friends, we're going to step it up a notch and add subscriptions because then now you're adding a whole another stream of income. So I don't know it took you years. I would say, like an average of how many years until you started really living comfortable as an entrepreneur from.
Speaker 2: When I got of contact twenty fourteen until twenty about eight years?
Speaker 1: Eight years. Yeah, but the last couple of years you've been making like red, it's been crazy. You've been making enough to buy a lamborgan.
Speaker 2: Yours, it's been crazy, right, might be something else?
Speaker 1: Well, are you buying real estate yet? Please say yes? Please say you already bought some real estate?
Speaker 2: What I used to do. I used to do real estate when I was in the ORMs when I didn't really if they have it like that I was doing. I do know. If you heard the wholesaling okay, where you.
Speaker 1: Like buy the house door knocking, you buy the house.
Speaker 3: Right basically basically door not really door knocking, but kind of like it, like you sending letters in different shit, getting contracts, then reselling the contracts to bigger, higher bitters.
Speaker 1: I was doing that too, okay, Yeah, see you have a good sales background too. Do you think that played a big role?
Speaker 2: Definitely?
Speaker 1: Sales.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you can sell, you can sell. I can sell you. Just theory right here right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sales is like the baseline of your entrepreneurship right there. Okay, So what were you going to say about real estate? Are you buying? Do you currently own real.
Speaker 2: Estate right now? No? I don't own any houses.
Speaker 1: Not even in New Orleans.
Speaker 2: No, not right now. You're not trying to Right now the perfect time to buy?
Speaker 1: Why because the interest rates, interest.
Speaker 3: Rates, like just the whole market right now is just it's everywhere. Okay, I can respect, I will when the time is right.
Speaker 1: I feel like it's coming really soon though, really soon.
Speaker 2: For real estate, I think right now. Crypto is like the wave.
Speaker 1: Do you have a lot of bitcoin right now?
Speaker 3: I don't have any bitcoin, but I have other coins like x r x, RP. Have a theory you might have like going to have I have a bunch of coins. But I feel like I look for what's going to be the most profitable, and right now I think that's more profitable than real estate.
Speaker 2: In the next ten years, that's gonna be more profitable than reestate.
Speaker 1: Really yea. But even then, so it does allow you to lock in, like like right now, you're renting, right your rents are just going to continue to keep going up and up and up and up.
Speaker 3: There's God, They're actually going down right now, really yeah, in LA because the market the way the market is right now with all this stuff going on, government shut downs, Trump doing all this stuff is going down.
Speaker 2: But I like range just because I can just move around like to.
Speaker 1: You're also still very young too. Yeah, you get to explore all right. Well, thank you guys for tuning in. Keep up with deep pat everywhere, share your socials.
Speaker 3: Pat Offisher everywhere, Twitter, Instagram, snapchat, want to be all stamp chat like that, but YouTube YouTube, Deep off dp A T T official, I find anywhere whatever you need. You need to picks or to the link of my bio getting a free chat, a fifty thousand subs in my free chat, cashing out every week. Get in there, take the free money that I'm giving y'all and getting the pai chat and then make more money.
Speaker 2: It's real simple. I like that I'm giving you free.
Speaker 1: I don't like that you do free and then once they make what is it like, do they have a term of how long they can.
Speaker 2: Now you free and tell you don't want to be freedom? This is free chat. You in the chat.
Speaker 3: When I WoT up a free pick, you get it. I'm like seven on my last seven. So like take the free money, getting the pay chat and then make monthly money. I don't get free plays every day. I might give it once or twice a week.
Speaker 1: Maybe okay, and then if they do that, then they can.
Speaker 2: If they like it, then get in chat.
Speaker 1: Smart, very smart business model. I like it. I like it, and I like the food, and I think you should cook more.
Speaker 2: Pull up, I make whatever you need. I got the fried fish. They're talking about the fried fish, right? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Is that salmon? Ars like fried that's catfish? Really?
Speaker 2: You do that? I can from Really, I'm.
Speaker 1: Gonna hold you to it. I'm gonna hold you to it. Fry calfish I'll bring. I'll bring a little camera and raided guys.
Speaker 2: You ain't gotta sneak.
Speaker 1: You can, you can, you know, but I want to see you in the kitchen actually doing it. And you get to keep the apron. So we're gonna have you get to keep this. You're keeping it. You're you're gonna wear it when you cook.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna wear it. I don't really cook that much, but I'm gonna wear it when I do cook.
Speaker 1: You're gonna send me a pick, but I'm gonna have that calffish on your side, maybe not in this kitchen. All right, guys, thank you so much for tuning in peace out peace