Speaker 1: The Armstrong and getting shot attention.
Speaker 2: Walmart choppers.
Speaker 3: Instead of rolling back prices, America's biggest retailer just announced they're raising them and they're blaming Trump's tariffs. How many more stories are going to have to follow Walmart's lead.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that story broke while we're on there yesterday. I should have mentioned it. I just wasn't in the mood, but probably should have been a big deal. Walmart saying they're gonna raise prices because of tariffs. For one thing, They're the biggest retailer in the world. Like Jake said, there, lion, lion, Jake Tapper.
Speaker 4: And I was just gonna say, the list of voices I can hear on our show that don't immediately sour me to what they're saying is shrinking. David Muher of ABC News, Please, I know if I need to know what time of day it wasn't he had a watch. I wouldn't ask him because I don't want to hear his stinking voice.
Speaker 2: And Jake Tapper, I'm.
Speaker 4: Sorry, sorry, Jake, the great Sherlock Holmes style solver of mysteries who figured out that Biden was senile.
Speaker 2: Please more on that a little bit later. I'll tell you what it is personal between Mark Alprin, who's got a new TV show that's on YouTube every night. It's on YouTube and somewhere else. It's really good. I mean it looks like a TV show. He's sitting there in a suit and tie with a TV storreter background, has guests. But man, he is killing Jake Tapper and then with receipts every single night. Maybe I get into that while we're on it. Why the hell not? Why not? So Tapper has got this book coming out next week right where he's going to try to be the hero of the story and bring you all these behind the scenes details of what was going on with the cover up, and practically everybody's well not true. I was gonna say everybody's reaction, but no, The New York Times and The Washington Post and CNN's own media person have reviewed the book like, oh, oh my god, Jake Tapper has uncovered some secrets that are oh wait till you hear this.
Speaker 4: Okay, why don't we just say everyone who's not guilty of precisely the same crimes as Jake Tapper have reacted this way to jack Jake Tapper's.
Speaker 2: Book right, And so Jake Tapper, as we mentioned yesterday, I hired some PR firm when it became fairly obvious that some people are like, oh, give me a break. You can't set the fire, put out the fire, and then take credit for taking you putting out the fire and act like you didn't. I mean, nig We're not just putting up with this. And so Mark Hauprin, whose main thing is as a news guy, I think he's got two things going for him. One, he got driven out of the industry when he got me tooed around what two thousand and twenty twenty one somewhere in there. And I think a lot of people he's like, you didn't come to my defense, screw you. So I don't think he cares if he hurts any feelings here with Carlin aut.
Speaker 4: We're one of the first shows to have him back on, by the way, and you know, I'm not sensing a lot of gratitude, but anyway.
Speaker 2: And the other end of it is he really is concerned about the state of media and if people don't believe the media, we can't hold any president's accountable. He said, you can't hold Trump accountable because he lost all of your credibility with Biden, and you know, vice versa. So just the media can't do its job and we're doomed if the media can't hold either party accountable, which is obviously a problem. He regularly calls this, and he's absolutely correct, the biggest media failure in US history. It absolutely is. What would compare to pretending that the president is fine for all those years? Anyway? So I think we did. First of all, I can't just look at the list quickly, handsome that clip I sent you to get Okay, here it is here, it is. I want you to play forty and let me set this up real quick. So back toward this was before the election. Wall Street Journal does a not even really strong piece about how Biden's brain doesn't work anymore, and it made such waves in the world of media. The Wall Street Journal says the president isn't fit and mental, that he'd be to be in office, and he's certainly to be president for another four years. I remember presenting it to the good folks on our show, where we decided, yeah, this is good, solid, a good solid accounting of that which all of us can see with our own eyes. But man, he got somebody's serious pushback, and that's when Joe Scarborough on MSNBC went nuts and said, hey, look at the camera, af you if you don't believe this is the best version of Joe Biden. I mean, people pushed back hard, including Jake Tapper, who had on various guests to counter the Wall Street Journal narrative and let them say their piece completely unchallenged on his showback at the time yesterday he has the gall in trying to rewrite history to have these Wall Street Journal reporters on and called them heroes. Here it is clip forty. They're with me now.
Speaker 3: Two of the heroic reporters were covering this intensely during the Biden years, any Lensky and Shevon Hughes. They are with the Wall Street Journal. They reported in decline of Biden's mental acuity back in June of last year. The piece then quote behind closed Doors, Biden shows signs of slipping participants in meetings that the eighty one year old president performed poorly at times. The White House said Biden is sharp and his critics are playing partisan politics.
Speaker 2: Unquote.
Speaker 3: This is not the first time you guys have been on I said it last year. Before the election, and I'll say it again, the journalism you did was vi and the smear campaign by Democrats against you two is disgraceful.
Speaker 2: Which you participated in the smear campaign by Democrats against the Wall Street Journal reporters at the time he helped along And again getting to the Wholemark Alprin thing his TV show last night, I mean, he's been dedicating so much time to this. He had a segment where the next day or the day of the Wall Street Journal piece, Tapper had on Kons, Senator Kuhons, Big Biden advocate and surrogate and on there and just tore into the Wall Street Journal and says, where's the Wall Street Journal criticizing Trump for when he gets a name wrong? And Tapper let him say his giant piece, no pushback whatsoever. So he participated. And the Democrats tearing down the Wall Street Journal then has the balls to have them on yesterday and call them heroes. I mean, that is another level.
Speaker 4: And to make the point repeatedly in his introduction that I've been on this story the whole time. I'd said this last to eight year, I'm saying it now along with that other stuff I said all through the Biden years that I'm sure everybody remembers. Jake Tapper cannot hear the Cosmos screaming at him, saying, Jake, you can't defend you. This is not working. You're just reminding people of what a liar you are. You cannot be your main advocate because you got no credibility.
Speaker 2: Chum. I don't know if it's gonna matter, because it's people in the usual circles. If you read the Washington Post in the New York Times, you're you're they're taking in this book like, oh my god, did you hear? And and Fox and everybody leaning right who already knew Joe Biden was in the situation he is, you know, are laughing at this book. But he must, he must be worried to do what he did yesterday. This was yesterday. Oh he had the Wall Street Journals reporters on and called them heroes. I mean, how do you sit there and do that.
Speaker 4: It's pathetic, it's de and it's so clearly desperation. That's what That's what I'm saying. Yeah, yeah, I would be embarrassed.
Speaker 2: I would be embarrassed to go that far.
Speaker 4: Yes, Uh, you know, it's funny. I just had the feeling wash over me.
Speaker 2: That. Uh, the.
Speaker 4: Utter dishonesty of the mainstream media has been recognized by the vast, vast majority of the American people. They're less popular or less trusted than any institution but Congress, which should make you shudder as a fan of the Constitution. And and they're they're their punishment's already been exacted upon them.
Speaker 2: They're laughing stocks. Here's the problem. Though it hurts us. If it only hurt them, i'd be fine with that. I don't care. But it's not. This is Helpern's point. It's bad for the country. So you're they've been punished, they've gotten what they deserved, but with having an eight percent of approval rating. But that's a terrible place for us to be as a country. And they're not great, and they're not trying to dig themselves out of it. They're making it worse. Well, I'll read from Mark Alprin's Today he quote, I'm not against it, I'm having lots of fun. He quotes Politico Today in his newsletter, This is Politico Today. It was what happened in that debate was a shock to me. Jake Sullivan told Playbooks Jack Blanchard at Politico's Security summerd on Thursday. I think it was a shock to everybody, So Jake Sullivan saying this week that it was a shock to everyone around Joe Biden when he showed up, that they acted that way. House Les Alpin writes, no one can legitimately say they were shocked by what happened in the debate because Biden exhibited all the same behaviors in public four years, and goes on to say, oh my god, reporters need to stop asking Democrats, were you surprised by the debate? Or should Biden have run for reelection? Or did you see signs of decline in private? The correct question at this p point is, given Joe Biden's obvious mental decline in public, why didn't you speak up? That should be the only question every single time, right right, And if you're going to talk to reporters, it should be But the reporter, given his obvious decline, why weren't you reporting on that?
Speaker 4: There are only two possible Well, yeah, for the politicos the one question, reporters another, But the only possible answer for politicos would be I place my party above my country. Well, the second answer might be, look, I go along to get along.
Speaker 2: That's what politicians do.
Speaker 4: Third answer, and if they were going to be honest, they would say this, Kamala Harris is an effing idiot. I figured we were better off with old man Biden his inner circle than that half wit from California and her band of renegade dopes.
Speaker 2: The why to that is, and this is what Alpen points out all the time, is that they hated Trump so much they just didn't want him to win. Whatever kept him from winning. Yeah, that's answer for right, yep. Yeah. And but to go so far to bring in those Wall Street Journal reporters, they should have called him out there on the show you're calling a well, I wish one of them would have said, you're calling me a hero. You had guest after guest on to terras apart at the time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's weird, Jake. I was an idiot last year. Now I'm a hero.
Speaker 2: Huh. That's a great hero heroic coverage because they were able to report what everybody already knew.
Speaker 4: This is.
Speaker 2: Well. I keep quoting Mark Comperany, he said last night, we're through the looking glass. I don't even know what to say anymore? Well?
Speaker 4: Right, yeah, yeah, what's your next book? Jake Nixon was a little paranoid. You got a book about Carter, He's a well meaning fellow, but didn't do it very well. You got any more crazy revelations nobody saw God?
Speaker 2: I mean, can Jake Tapper go any farther than this calling them heroes?
Speaker 4: Well, the harder he tries, the more sad and pathetic it is, which is what I was trying to say about the cosmos.
Speaker 2: I mean, Jake, you just gotta let it lie.
Speaker 4: Dude, you are the last person who ought to be saying these things.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Do you think he's just completely self unaware? That's what I wonder. I have been self delusional about things before, and then when it becomes evident to me how wrong I was, I'm amazed. It's like, wow, the human brain can do that, or my human brain did this, or but he doesn't seem to want to have that what How interesting would that be if he did, If he'd be willing to come on the air and say I was so against Trump winning and so just very deep in the idea of not helping him that I ignored the obvious. That would be interesting. It would be more interesting, it would be more believable.
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah, you raised an interesting pointer, Michael did at the end. There You've never had any brain but the one you've had. You know, all of us obviously can say that. I wonder if there are people who are just way, way, way more pliable to that sort of group think than I can imagine being it's got to be true.
Speaker 1: Wow, it's Jack Armstrong and Joey, the Armstrong and Getty Show, The Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 5: Class as the years ago were pushed to the side in favor. Of course, we're prioritizing test scores, and STEM now seen as a huge opportunity. According to one survey, sixty six percent of all high schools now offer career education, and it's being driven by economic demand.
Speaker 6: I have construction companies and I have other employers coming to me wanting students right out of high school.
Speaker 2: To be career ready. We need employees.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we had a story last week about kids being recruited straight out of high school for like, you know, seventy five thousand dollars a year jobs in welding and that sort of thing. Interesting how that's turned culturally. Speaking of which you know. It's it's partly the change, the amount of change. It's making everybody crazy these days.
Speaker 2: It's also the pace of change.
Speaker 4: Like I remember, it wasn't very long ago that we were telling the youngsters who are like bringing their whole selves to work and taking spirit days and the rest of it. I mean, because it seemed like employees had all the power.
Speaker 2: And there was that employees to it Monday, and I'll work half a day Tuesday and take Fridays off. I demand to on Friday.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and we're trying to tell you, trust us, this will not last.
Speaker 2: Well, it has.
Speaker 4: Not not long ago. Everybody's replaceable, as the headline the story the new the way bosses talk about workers. Not long ago, bosses routinely praised workers as their most prized asset. Today with a giant question mark hanging over the economy less so today after the temporary maybe you trade deal with China, But executives are pulling punches, pulling no punches and saying employees need to work harder, complain lesson, be glad they have a job. How work life balance is your problem, said Emma. Is it's greed or gridet or something? Emma greed is not a good name for this article, but she's the co founder of the Skims shapewear company.
Speaker 2: I should ask my dad how many times in employers seemed concerned about his work life balance when he was a young man out there starting.
Speaker 4: Work life balance is your problem, she said. Starbucks, after cutting in more than a thousand jobs, there's a new CEO, Brian Nichols said, remaining corporate staff need to step it up her own and own whether or not this place grows. Jamie Diamond, in a profo he laced internal meeting, told employees lamenting a return to work mandate that he didn't care. I've had it with this kind of stuff. I've been working seven days a week since COVID.
Speaker 2: I come in. Where is everybody else? Man? If you can concern yourself with work life balance, you should consider yourself among the more privileged workers in the history of work on planets Earth. If it is even an option, that means you've got shelter and enough food and you can start to decide, you know how much do I need? Right? Right?
Speaker 4: And that's not to say it's a bad idea or you shouldn't. You just have to keep it in perspective, the shift in tone marks a shift in power. Now the companies are shrinking their white collar staff, with jobs harder to find, many workers are seeing pricks disappear and their grievance is ignored, or.
Speaker 2: That if you don't have the luxury of being concerned about work life balance, that you're somehow unique in the history of working right right, Yeah, let's see again. How many of our parents ever had the ever had it crossed their mind?
Speaker 4: And interestingly, they mentioned a twenty twenty three episode where this one company told staffers leave Pitty City. Well, that comment, made in a video call, immediately went viral, sparking days of headlines and worker backlash. The CEO quickly apologized, set our comments were insensitive.
Speaker 2: Now it's like they're all saying it. See how long this lasts?
Speaker 1: Jack Armstrong and Joe, The Armstrong and Getty Show, The Armstrong and Getdy Show.
Speaker 2: Well, it's crazy just because of him. Here, you're the only reason I'm here to a free to talk at I'm not. That's Eemen, Alexander. He was a hostage of Hamas for three years. How long has it been? Four hundred and fifty days or something? I don't remember exactly since October of twenty three. He was on the phone with Trump yesterday saying, the only reason I'm here, You're the only reason I'm here. You saved my life, Trumpet negotiating with somebody in Hamas and bypassing Israel on that whole thing and getting the guy out. So that was a good story. Over the weekend, we mentioned on Friday how Bruce Springsteen had bad mouthed Trump in the United States while he was kicking off his world tour in Great Britain. We are annoyed by that. It was after we got off the air on Friday that Trump truth to this out about Bruce Springsteen. I see that highly overrated Bruce Springsteen goes to a foreign country to speak badly about the President of the United States. Never liked him, never liked his music or his radical left politics, and importantly, he's not a talented guy. I love the stuff like low. He's just a pushy of noxious jerk all caps who fervently supported crooked Joe Biden and mentally incompetent fool than our worst ever president who came close to destroying our country. If I wasn't elected, it would have been gone by now, sleepy dough Joe didn't have a clue as to what he was doing. But Springsteen is quote dumb as a rock unquote. I like how he puts quotes. I don't even know exactly what that means, and couldn't see what was going on, or could he which is even worse. This dried out prune of a rocker prune also in quotes, his skin is all atrophied. Trump, right, let me close with the sentence. I'll say it again because it's just too good, This dried out prune of a rocker, his skin is all atrophied. Ought to keep his mouth shut until he gets back into the country. That's just standard fair, also in quotes. Then we'll see how it goes for him.
Speaker 4: All right, I'm glad you find it so amusing. I just I find it very amusing.
Speaker 2: On what level? Help me understand skin is attributed? I think it's hilarious that the president of the United States is making fun of an old rock and roller for having saying his skin. I just can't believe it's even happening, right, And we can't be held responsible for what we find amusing.
Speaker 4: That's fine. I just find it troubling. It's just weird. It's hell weird. Yeah, uh so, anyway, although none of that's really of any consequence. And uh and and and Bruce is obnoxious and a blow hard and a limousine liberal and not to shut up and plays damn music.
Speaker 2: Anyway, Having said that, one of the own end quotes, why do you think he puts word of random words in quotes?
Speaker 4: What is that? That happens a lot online. It's just a way to emphasize that word.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's like a cow capitalizing it or okay, gotcha, Okay, I didn't get you onto that. There you go. Yeah.
Speaker 4: And you know, Hunter Thompson used to do this way back in the day, and people do it online too. They capitalize a word like all caps, but just capitalize it to phasizes.
Speaker 2: I do that.
Speaker 4: I've used that quote as an amateur linguist. I think it's interesting how, you know, print language evolves to imitate the speaking language. Anyway, uh so, yeah, and the other thing Trump tweeted out. And for the record, I've got a couple of things that I've been wanting to talk about. How Trump, the Trump administration has essentially put out the word disparate impact. The theory of disparate impact, meaning if a lower percentage of black people get accepted to be cops, that's proof that the test is racist. They said, that's that's wrong, it's racist, and it no longer will guide any federal policy. Huge victory for common sense, for meritocracy, the rest of it. Nobody's talking about that move. It's incredibly important. I say, well done. So the Trump's Energy department. So the Trump government said that that that's what they're going to look at it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the administrange because the Supreme Court unfortunately has said disparate impact of the thing.
Speaker 4: Bring it up again. That was an obscene couple of rulings. Just idiotic, indefensible anyway, And another thing, I love this headline, free the gas stove. Trump's Energy Department is ACKed dozens of Biden appliances and regulations like one hundred thousand pages of phony green new scam regulations are gone.
Speaker 2: God I heard a good one the other day because I have this last two dishwashers. I've had your modern dishwasher because of all the dumb regulations they, as has been pointed out by many people, you practically have to wash the dishes before you put them in the dishwasher because they don't do what they used to do because of all these different environmental regulations.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so before I kicked Trump, I just wanted to mention that. I mean, for instance, let's dig into this a little bit. Gone are rules bad a wide swath of gas stoves. Gone are the strict water standards governing dishwashers and shower, And gone is the government wide effort to force electrification of the economy through appliance regulations, all part of a historic action the Trump administration announced today reversing dozens of energy regulations, saving consumers more than eleven billion dollars and cutting more than one hundred and twenty five thousand words from the United States Code of Regulations. Great stuff, great, great, great, save you money.
Speaker 2: Hallelujah. Amen. Okay. I like when Trump says things like in Brucebrington he has no talent. What I just find that so bizarre. It's like screaming that Kareem abdul Jabbar wasn't even tall, right, That's just absurd.
Speaker 4: Anyway, So he was tweeting truthing out a bunch of stuff the other day, including and I'll just go ahead and shout the stuff that's in all caps.
Speaker 2: Walmart should stop.
Speaker 4: Trying to blame tariffs is the reason for raising prices throughout the chain. Walmart made billions of dollars last year, far more than expected between Walmart and China. They should eat the tariffs and not charge valued customers anything. I'll be watching, and so will your customers. Well, many exclamation points as usual. I agree with Bernie Sanders or disagree with Bernie Sanders. I don't like Bernie when he does this sort of thing. Oh that was Trump, you'd say, yes, this was also Trump. After causing catastrophic inflation, Comrade Kamlaw announced that she wants to institute socialist price controls. Her plan is very dangerous because it may sound good politically. This is communists, this is Marxist, this is fascist. Yes, both statements by Donald Trump. Last year he blasted Kamala Harris's proposal for price controls on groceries. Now he's attacking Walmart for warning that it will have to raise prices in the wake of the tariffs.
Speaker 2: Well, and you know in claiming that Walmart would only raise price is to make more profit. You made. You made enough money last year. Basically is what he's saying. He made billions last year. Okay, when has this become a conservative thing? You tell companies you've made enough.
Speaker 4: Money, Yeah, I'll be going to play your golf courses for free, sir, because you made enough money last year.
Speaker 2: So, and the other part of it is.
Speaker 4: You know, it's it's a rebuttal of what he's claimed himself for months. He said the foreign producers will pay the full cost to tariffs, but now he's admitting that Walmart and American retailer will have to eat some of the costs or pass them on to their customers. And Walmart's net profit margin is less than three percent.
Speaker 2: Now, it's an enormous company.
Speaker 4: So if you have two point eight percent profit on you know, a company of that size, that's a hell of a number. But it doesn't have a bunch of room to absorb the higher costs caused by tariffs. Retail competition is incredibly intense, and Walmart's longtime comparative advantages has been lower prices. And what bothers me is Number one Trump trying to tell Walmart how to run its business, and number two like that vague threat of retribution.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, that's not cool. I'm I'm against that no matter who's the president.
Speaker 4: Sorry, if you're just a hardcore you know, Trump fan, or or you figure if admitting anything is wrong, that will weaken the case and Democrats will win and the rest of it.
Speaker 2: You know, I see your point, but I just can't very very bernie aoc. You could imagine either one of them shouting that on the no Oligarchs tour, right, Yeah, Walmart is plenty of money. They have too much profit. We'll hold the Walmart accountable if they raise prices. That's a very Bernie Sanders thing to say.
Speaker 4: And as always, my real concern and the reason I bring this up, is the dumb stuff Trump does might derail the fabulous stuff he does, and that would kill me.
Speaker 2: Do you mean dumb politically or for the way Conservatism out of work politically? I think the Republicans, you know, going for this big, beautiful bill that gives perfectly healthy, working age men free healthcare might be a good idea. That's what bothers me.
Speaker 4: Right right, I think, Yeah, the saying what he said about Walmart and the rest of it, I don't think he's going to make much political difference.
Speaker 2: At all.
Speaker 4: I think the whole teriff thing will though. It'll mess up the economy either.
Speaker 2: A little or a lot. I don't even know where we are in terms of politics and the parties and stuff. It's very difficult for me to figure out. There are probably, to the extent that they saw it, many many, many, many would consider themselves Republican voters who said, yeah, screw Walmart trying to raise.
Speaker 4: Prices on us. Yeah, yeah, these are weird times. There are no political parties. As we were discussing.
Speaker 1: Earlier Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty the Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 4: But speaking of immigration, I'm trying to remember the situation before Trump got in office.
Speaker 2: How is the border doing? The border is secure?
Speaker 4: Oh, that's right, that's right. March numbers are in. This year border patrol encountered two hundred and thirty people per day, two hundred and thirty. Last year it was seventy two hundred. Biden's miserable betrayal of the country on the border. I hope there are some historians who are honest enough to make it clear how unconscionable it was.
Speaker 2: Well, Bob Woodward, no, you know, right where in his book called it the biggest migration in world history. Yeah, peacetime migration in world And all it took was a couple of executive orders and empowering the border patrol and it ended. It ended in the blink of an eye. It also ended as presidency. So I do understand. Getting back to the I don't understand the politics and some of these issues. It's not like it's popular. Yeah, yeah, it's terrible.
Speaker 4: So we've been talking about, you know, tribalism and politics and the way progressive minds think and how it's different from conservatives on and off. I think you'll find this as interesting and amusing as I did.
Speaker 2: Michael.
Speaker 4: We're going to start with clip number eighty one. We will discuss briefly, and then there's a bit of a reveal.
Speaker 7: Donald Trump announced this past week that he would be urging Ice and other administration authorities to seek out people living here illegally that had broken law to deport them. So have a quote for you here that's been making the rounds social media about the deportation of criminal illegal aliens. We are a nation of laws. Undocumented workers broke our laws, and I believe they must be held accountable, especially those who may be dangerous. That's why over the past six years, deportations of criminals are up eighty percent, and we're going to keep focusing on threatsto our security. What's your thought on that quote in that policy in general? I think that policy comes from a place of like white American nationalism.
Speaker 1: Donald Trump has kind of like embraced this rhetoric of like racism and xenophobia that is not beneficial to our country at all.
Speaker 7: I don't think that that quote really stands true. This administration has totally not done anything moral.
Speaker 6: This is really awful.
Speaker 7: Amnesty does not necessarily mean that we're losing border security.
Speaker 2: I think that Trump feels that way.
Speaker 7: I think that's a bad decision because like the United States should be open to immigrants, like it's like they call it Lands with the Free for a reason, we.
Speaker 6: Have to advocate for those kind of people when people like in Congress, like Ocascio QUOTEZ, who is helping people overcome these kinds of things.
Speaker 7: Crimes do not nullify your humanity and people are coming here in search of opportunity.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, several of those were hard to take.
Speaker 4: Yeah, trying to reason what those people in the short term would be a fool.
Speaker 2: I don't know that you'd have to have a class because they're they're greeting card rhetoric level knowledgeable or have thought about this not at all? They called for a reason, I mean, what kind of argument. It's just so transparently stupid. But wait, there's a twist.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna show you the person that said that quote.
Speaker 2: Undocumented. Is that surprising?
Speaker 6: Yeah, a little bit, because I thought it was the Trump administration that said something like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's quite surprising. I thought from Trump. I didn't expect it to be Obama either. Why did you not expect it to be Obama? Because I'm stupid? I just I guess I don't know, like it just never. It never occurred to me that it could be Obama.
Speaker 7: Is that surprising that it's a quote from President Obama?
Speaker 2: That was surprising? For sure?
Speaker 7: Do you think it's still a practice of white nationalism though, to deport criminal league aliens?
Speaker 2: I think the way Trump's doing.
Speaker 7: It it is, but president to this point in Trump's presidency, Obama actually deported more people though, so it's in practice it was more from Obama, though, what's your question?
Speaker 2: Can I boil this down. I'd like your question. I think I can boil this down very simply.
Speaker 4: Self governance doesn't work, and children should be seen and not heard, and we must institute a nationwide compulsory child test. Are you still a child? And only when you receive the a of adulthood tattooed upon your body will you be able to speak your damn stupid mind. And there will be a variety of standards shack.
Speaker 2: If you.
Speaker 4: Enlist in and serve in the military honorably for at least a year, if you are married, if you have a child, if you have paid income taxes for five years, there will be a number of standards. I have an open mind about this, but unless you are those things. For instance, if you are a college gender studies major, never had a I don't want to hear an effing word out of you. You don't know enough to advise an eight year old on the world. Okay, just keep learning, that's fine. That doesn't mean you're a bad person. It doesn't mean I hate you. I don't want the new person in the office to explain to me how things really work around here.
Speaker 2: Okay, unfair. I was going to go with a blanket rule if you can't vote till you're thirty, but yours probably more fair for people who get up to speed on reality a little earlier, right right, Oh God, that hurts my heart.
Speaker 4: I've said this before, and I wish, you know, we had the power and influence to spread it.
Speaker 2: It's my only lust for like more reach of the show, which is great now, it's going really really well, and thanks so much for the support and for listening.
Speaker 4: But I don't want to make any more money. I'll take it if it comes, but I just wantanity to prevail.
Speaker 2: And I wish more people knew this. Adulthood life is a big, complicated.
Speaker 4: Complex. It's like the Ford Motor Company. Okay, it's really complicated and huge and sprawling. And if you die at the age of eighty eight, your last week on earth, you will learn something you didn't know. You young folks, your college kids especially, you've been convinced by your professors that you can walk into the reception area of Ford Motor Company and tell everyone exactly how it works and how it should be run. As you stand there in the reception area, having not explored any of that giant, sprawling corporation, that's what you are doing. That's why you're so blanking annoying, which I was.
Speaker 2: At your age, But nobody paid a damn bit of attention to what you said at your age, and they were better for it, and I thought it was better for it. Okay, boomer um. They call it the land of the Free for a reason. Oh my god, we're a nation of immigrants. Boom headshot got me.
Speaker 4: The statue of liberty says, Oh, I can't argue against that.
Speaker 2: You can't argue with a statue. I pull them on a statue. Everybody knows that. Quick question for you, what if you happen to miss this unbelievable radio program.
Speaker 4: The answer is easy, friends, just download our podcast, Armstrong and Getty on demand. It's the podcast version of the broadcast show, available anytime, any day, every single podcast platform known demand.
Speaker 2: Download it now Armstrong and Getty on Demand.