Speaker 1: Oh he's joining us now.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: He had a breakout performance in the Houston thirty to six win over the Steelers AFC Wildcard round, a career best nineteen carriage, one hundred and twelve yards and a touchdown. Harry is the outstanding running back from the Houston Texans. Woody Marx what a How you doing?
Speaker 1: Bro? What's up? Woody? You muted?
Speaker 4: I'm doing good?
Speaker 1: What's up? Okay, We're good. That's okay, alright, So how you doing? Bro? You good?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm good. It's living.
Speaker 1: Talk to us about that performance.
Speaker 3: You guys, you your best game of your career and you had it on one of the biggest stage stages the NFL, the wild card game.
Speaker 1: You're in Pittsburgh. You know they do a really good job against the run.
Speaker 3: Why were you guys able to have such success running the football that night?
Speaker 4: Everybody?
Speaker 2: Starting Wednesday, I knew, I knew it was gonna have a big game just Wednesday practice. When we first went out there, guys was linking up and just moving people off the ball. And then it came on to Thursday. I was like, all right, it's carrying on. Then Friday is carrying on. Then we was like I was running back coach. He was like, Yeah, we're gonna have a good night running the ball. It just came to life right there.
Speaker 1: It seemed like you guys wore him down.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: They had a.
Speaker 3: Demika on the sideline he was talking about That's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: Wear him out, wear him down.
Speaker 3: And you guys seem because that last touchdown you broke like self made tap because they were just like, what.
Speaker 1: The hell with it? It's over. You broke you broke the will, you broke that spirit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, for sure we was winning down.
Speaker 2: You kind of heard it them talking on the back end, saying like, man, we running We running straight.
Speaker 4: At your face. That's what Nick Chubb told us. We gotta do.
Speaker 2: So we coming straight at your face. They played bullyball. We're gonna play bullyball too.
Speaker 1: Hey Hey, what are you from the age? Hey? What's up Brown? Hey? Hey, Tam Tammy something.
Speaker 6: What's the biggest what's the biggest changes uh from the from the regular season to the postseason that you notice in in.
Speaker 2: The destruct it you gotta be locked in, no players off, every play matter.
Speaker 4: Points to kick off.
Speaker 2: How you were you putting the landmark at everything matters?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what what? What? What high school you go to?
Speaker 3: It in?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, Christian Kirk also had one hundred and forty four receiving yards. What I mean, you guys have your best day on the biggest stage when it's needed the most.
Speaker 1: I mean, could you?
Speaker 3: I mean because your offense struggled a little bit early on me, you had three turnovers, your defense kept didn't didn't be in and he didn't gett't concede anything.
Speaker 1: But you guys got it together.
Speaker 3: What was it about that week of practice that let you know that you guys had what it took to go on the road and get a very tough, hard pat victory.
Speaker 1: But you made it look convincent.
Speaker 4: Replay plays.
Speaker 2: I think we went it was our fastest on Fridays, not replay plays.
Speaker 4: Uh, so everybody was locked in, so I knew it was gonna have a great game.
Speaker 6: So yeah, hey, hey, what is like playing for DeMarco? Would he considering you know, him being a former player, and what's that?
Speaker 1: What's that? What's that?
Speaker 4: It's kind of it's this good to seeing him.
Speaker 2: He'd be over there on defense, I playing linebacker when.
Speaker 4: We on scout team, so he was he tried.
Speaker 2: He tried to break it, like you don't got no pass, so you better move out the way.
Speaker 3: Hey, what do you tell Demiko bro if I'd have been playing when you had been playing red. Yeah, look, you got a very tough opponent. You got the New England Patriots. And everybody knows what the Patriots represent. Even though Tom Brady is not there, Mike Brable played a number of.
Speaker 1: Years with them.
Speaker 3: He he brings that old school coaching kind of like you guys very physical in the run game, play outstanding defense, do not do not turn the ball over, don't do not let them have big plays. And and and the weather prediction UH is indicating that it might be snow. Now. You guys play indoors. You guys play ended, they play indoors. You play in Jacksonville. It's really nice and sunny and Tennessee. I don't know when you went to Tennessee. Sometimes Tennessee it does get cold in Nashville. But this is what you you one step away from being in the AFC Championship Game. What is your thought process? What is Demico today with your first deal of practice? If I'm not mistaken, so no yesterday with your first deal practice. What was the what has been Demko's message.
Speaker 2: Which henna play Houston ball, little tough team, no matter the condition. When they place that ball down, we're gonna get the rocket, which is that's where we live. By offense, defense, facial team, we all get the rocket when they place the ball down. We played side, but we were football players. We don't play it in the rain before. We don't play it in the snow before. Probably not football, but we don't been outside in the snow just playing around as kids, so we know the feeling of it.
Speaker 4: When we get there, we'll be used to it.
Speaker 3: You played for Cliff Kingsbred UFC. Demico. What's the biggest difference between and Cliff?
Speaker 2: I was with Link Link most of the time. It's really not a difference. So Link kind of did the same thing be over there on scout team.
Speaker 3: But Lincoln, Lincoln he was.
Speaker 2: He was more of an offensive, offensive minded guy. Demiko he more of a defensive guy. So you kind of see the difference in between that. But both of them want to run the ball. Just hearing him say we want to run the ball. You gotta run the ball. That's that's what people been preaching to me. You got to run the ball in the playoffs.
Speaker 6: Yeah, especially under them condition and y'all might be under you know this this weekend and you're gonna have your love, your lunch pair ready, ready to go, have a big boy pants on?
Speaker 1: Let me who is Houston? Man? Wasn't like living in Houston? What I living?
Speaker 6: Come on, we're gonna come down there and hang out with it.
Speaker 4: Tell us about you've been in Atlanta before. It's about the.
Speaker 1: Same I live.
Speaker 6: I said that, man, I said, it's like a bigger It's a.
Speaker 4: Bigger Atlanta, about the same thing going. She got good food, uh m hmm.
Speaker 2: Everything what everything you got in Atlanta you got out here.
Speaker 1: So I don't know. I think they got a little bit more it used to live.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they probably got a little bit more.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a little bit. Hey, you gotta spread out there, Come of me. Oh, Joe and Joe, we need to come out there.
Speaker 1: We need to talk place the place to lay ahead.
Speaker 4: We got y'all for sure.
Speaker 1: All what I'm talking about. That what I'm talking about that my homeboy for the crib.
Speaker 3: You know homeboys we go hey, we go out, you know, Grounded and Drake.
Speaker 1: That's all you know.
Speaker 3: We're gonna Uber everywhere we go. We don't need to have no ride with Uber. Yeah, it's gonna be good.
Speaker 4: Black truck. Huh, black truck, black truck.
Speaker 1: He said, Yeah, Okay, I'm all for that.
Speaker 4: Huh. It's on you though.
Speaker 1: Oh, I got I gotta, I got I gotta come that one. The hospitality, I got ya to.
Speaker 3: Damn, I got you the crib. Okay, you know what, that's good enough. That's all I beggas. Can't be choosing, you know what. You know what, would we appreciate that we were gonna we're gonna have well, we'll do that.
Speaker 1: Hey man, congratulations man, great work on Monday night. Man, carry it over you guys. Look good. Tell the Miko, I said, what something? Man, wish you the best of look good luck, bro Yes, sir.
Speaker 3: Woody March, out standing young running back for the Houston Texas, had a breakout game nineteen carries, one hundred and twelve yards, one touchdown. He ran extremely hard all night long, and at the end it was that running, physical style that the Houston Texans offensive line and running backs played with that finally wore down and the levee burst and when he rocked that long. That touchdown run you could see that was the Pittsburgh Steelers. You saw something you hadn't seen from a Steelers defense in a very long time. They hung their heads because they know they had thoroughly gotten their ass kicked that night. So listen, glad that their run game and that defense, Oh that's what kept a minute.
Speaker 1: Y'all ran so hard. Hey, what are we gonna get you out of this? Though? But y'all you ran so hard. Man.
Speaker 3: Mike Thomas stepped down the next day. He said, Man, I don't want no more? Is that?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 3: You said that young man come in there and the other dude did that. The defense beat us like that produces. But appreciate that with him, man and joy and enjoyed this time. Man, Hey, you got something special. Go and keep it going, bro, Appreciate that, Sir. Joe Jonathan Kaminga has reportedly demanded a trade ahead of the February fifth NBA trade deadline. According to Shams and Anthony Slater, Kaminga first became eligible to be traded on Thursday after signing a contract extension during the off season. He immediately asked to be dealt excuse me, the Kings and the Maths have reportedly both shown interest in Kaminga, making them two of the most logical and likely landing spots for him. The Athletic also dropped the story that Kerr had Franz Wagner atop his wish list in the twenty twenty one draft, but team governor Joe lacam as a driving force behind the choice of Kaminga. Woh well, the clear one of burge between with Bogner and Kaminga in the league. Wagner is really good, really really good. Now that's not I'm not saying coming but I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't understand this. I don't understand why they wanted to keep him. They wouldn't play him, they had him coming out the bench. He did a healthy DNP coaching decision. Coaching decision, Joe, what's going on? I mean you you played this game a number of years. You know the inner working and how the NBA is is really different than the NFL because NFL got a good player that more for a player. I don't give a damn how much money making he played. What's going on with Kaminga and Kurr, to the best of your explain when when when you have a guy who has pretty good value on to me, it don't make sense for him to sign him and bringing back. But then when you think about it, they brought him back for bait. They know a lot of teams would love to have his service, and I just feel like they would they. I feel like they.
Speaker 6: Knew they was gonna get to this point anyway. They knew they was gonna trade him. They knew they was gonna have to trade him.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 6: He doesn't fit the system. He doesn't fit what they're trying to do. He don't fit their culture. And I feel like now they're gonna try to trade him, which is why they signed him and brought him back, And they knew they was gonna get to this point. Now they just trying to get them. They trying to get something of value for him.
Speaker 3: Well, they could have did a side and trade. They could have signed and been trading him at this offseason. Probably probably wasn't nothing out there. The market probably ain't been the great for him. If you just want me to be one hundred with you, the market probably hasn't been great for him, and they've tried to play him so he can create, you know more value for himself and I don't think that that has happened. Yeah, so now they just trying to They just trying to figure it out. Yeah, because I didn't understand. I mean, you sided to be bringing back. I was like, well, hell, he gonna be starting.
Speaker 1: And he starts.
Speaker 3: I think he started a couple of games then anyway, right back to the bench, playing the same number of btness and then he stopped. They stopped playing him. So the problem was he ain't raised enough. He ain't throwing enough chairs, he ain't kicking enough people in the ass. He ain't do he't raised them. He ain't raised enough. Hell, to be honest with you, Joe, he ain't raised enough head Nope, nope.
Speaker 6: And look, look the honest the real thing is his game doesn't fit what the Warriors what they're trying to do because he's not like a catch and shoot guy.
Speaker 3: No, you know, he kind of likes to get down here. He's basically Jimmy Butler. There you go. He likes to get down here.
Speaker 6: But he has great size, great athleticism, and I could see the promising, you know, in in his game.
Speaker 1: So, like I said, man, it.
Speaker 6: Should be a few teams who are looking for a service, so they probably just trying to figure out the best deal at this point.
Speaker 1: But here's another thing.
Speaker 3: You knew his system, his style of play didn't fit the system. But see this is what owners always the intervening. Yeah, Steve Kurta won all these championships. Now all of a sudden, Franz Wagner in that system. The way he can shoot, he can put it on the floor, he could shoot the three, he can big body, he can post up, he can pass. Yes, yeah, I agree, but I don't think nobody knew Franz is gonna be this good neither. Uh Yeah. And the question is, and see it's easy to do that. Would he have been that with Steph Curry? Right, That's the thing. See, people like, well, look at what he's doing now, would have been that with Steph? He's getting all the shots. I mean, so I guess they said when the ball is gonna move, but he needs the ball, he's not KD. KD can be efficient with fifteen shots. He can get you twenty five on twelve shots. He can get you thirty on fifteen shots. Yeah, they're two totally different players, and I think sometimes we get caught up well, we see what that guy doing over there, But Katy do that over here. When they play winning basketball, if you lose it a lot of teams. I believe it's easy to get buckets on the losing team, Joe, than it is on.
Speaker 1: A winning team. Oh.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, absolutely, go you play on the winning team. They mean you playing with guys with high IQs who really know how to play the game, and they gonna make the game easier for you.
Speaker 1: You playing them losing teams.
Speaker 6: May you know, losing losing teams find a way to beat themselves.
Speaker 1: It's just what it is. And then you get just trying to get numbers.
Speaker 6: There you go, you're playing with guys who's just trying to get numbers because they trying to get another contract man correct. And that's how that's that's how the losing starts because you're exhausting all your options and then you want to pass this fireball to me with three seconds on the clock.
Speaker 1: Now I gotta go into my bag.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And then with that man and then they looking at my average, my shooting percentage. Yeah, y'all ain't see that. There they passing me the ball at the end of the shot clock. And I had to get three of them fans off. You shoot, y'all don't want to talk about that. Y'all talking about man, I ain't shoot before. I ain't shooting forty five percent.
Speaker 6: Hey hey, hey, but look, that's why you see guys on me shooting them half courting them long shots. They're like man ship that them shots that mess up your average. Hey, you see the NBA at the at the end of the I think that at the end of the quarter, they don't count them anymore.
Speaker 3: In a quarter and a half. Yeah, like damn, I've let them go now. Yeah, yeah, he if it go in, I get the credit. If it don't, it don't harm me there you go. Yeah yeah, let me get that. Come up, give me that, give me that right yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: But hey boy, he used to see guys on they wouldn't shoot it.
Speaker 1: I don't care why.
Speaker 6: I don't act like they'll act like they tried to shoot it, but they weren't trying to get a thing.
Speaker 3: It's the same thing I've seen quarterbacks at the end of the they didn't want to throw the hell Mary, they throw the check down right at the end of the at the end of the you know, right before halftimes, they don't get no interception.
Speaker 1: No, they don't want to.
Speaker 3: Incompletion, I'm trying to keep my completion percentage ump and my guy wouldn't throw deep God take the check down because they don't want to. They don't want to run the risk. They want a high completion percentage ball.
Speaker 1: So you think if you checked that ball down, that bag gonna go eighty five yards. Now, he ain't got it. He ain't gotta go eighty five.
Speaker 6: But if he could get another twelve on this on what I already got that, I take that, Yeah, exactly. Do you think this situation is creating animosity between Kminga and the Warriors?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, because I think and it's heart of hearts. I think Kaminga knew going into this season on what it would be, you know what I mean. I think it was a disdain from him and the organization this summer trying to get a new contract, and once they were able to get one, I still don't feel like he was happy. You can kind of, you know, you can look at body language and tell when guys out there playing if they really enjoying it and having fun, you know what I mean? Yes, Like when I watched the game. That's one of the major things. I'm looking at his body language, how you interact with your teammates, things of that sort, because that's that plays a huge dividy ends on wins.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And I think the thing is is that I think, deep down to his side, that's why he waited till the very last minute to sign this contract. Yeah, because he knows. He's like, you know what, I'm gonna be back in the same situation. And if I'm gonna be in the same situation, y'all gonna give me a little bit more money because all I'm gonna.
Speaker 1: Do is be mad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and to keep me from you know, at the donkey, give me a couple of seven eight more million dollars and shorten that contract from three years to two years.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: And I also think I also think they tried to trade him this summer too. Like I said, I just I'm not sure his value was a high so it wasn't the market wasn't where it needed to be, right, I don't think the market was where it needed to be, So they just they felt signing them would be the best thing, just bringing back and then you know, when you get to this bridge here. You know, we'll cross it when we get to it. So now they at the point they got to make a decision.
Speaker 3: You're right, they got to make a decision, and he wont that decision like yesterday, that decision in the summer, He's like, I don't know where I'm going, but they anywhere be better than here.
Speaker 1: They this man been getting DMPs.
Speaker 6: I'm talking about when they've been having guys out when they needed.
Speaker 3: Him, Joe. If you think about it, look at what he did. He played really well in the postseason. Yeah, he played really well, And I'm like, oh, he's showing him what he can do.
Speaker 1: Oh, he's even athletic, I don't.
Speaker 3: I mean he he'll knock down occasion on three, but his thing is based on athletics. See them getting to the rim.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I just I think him and courage just got to disdain somewhere. I don't know where it happened or if it's Cominga's play because you know, like he ain't really like no playmaker neither. You know, like I said, he's a downhill bandit. Obviously defensively he.
Speaker 1: Can rig have it.
Speaker 6: He can guard probably one through five, he can rebound. I think he'll be a pretty good defensive player, but offensively, he just hadn't. He just hadn't fit the system based on what they want to do. Now he might go to a system, go to another situation, Joe, where it's not as much ball movement as it is in Golden State, and it's a little bit more you know, io, and he's able to get the ball in his hand and get downhill.
Speaker 1: He might look like a superstar.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I was gonna win, right, kind of like uh, kind of like Porter Jr. For the New for the Brooklyn Next he said, he said, man, I can average twenty five to twenty six points a.
Speaker 1: Game, and he's over there doing it. Yea.
Speaker 6: Now they getting their butt, they getting they butt kicked every night. But he over there putting them numbers up. Yeah, at which a Paul lay into another big contract. There you go, there you go, But they might they might end up getting off poured over there.
Speaker 1: Who the nets? Oh yeah yeah yeah, yeah yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 6: He got so much, he got so much value right now he already don't won a championship. You know, he can play with other great players. Yeah, I think I think he wanted this situation kind of for himself. I agree because he knows he was gonna be the fourth option. Murray Gordon him. Yeah, he tired of playing, He tired of playing the background.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Darren Waller went on Johnny Manziel's Glory Days podcast and told the story about how he and Mike McDaniel was talking one on one during the end of their season meeting when owner Stephen Ross walked in. McDaniel had literally just told Waller that he wants him back in twenty twenty six. Ross joined their little conversation for a bit. Then the conversation got quiet and Waller got the sense that he should leave the room. He checked his phone. Twenty minutes later, and Mike McDaniel was fired. I was at the scene of the crime. The NFL is a wild business, Joe.
Speaker 1: That's how it go. It's cut through like that. I didn't look Dan Reeves.
Speaker 3: And when coach Reeves and John was having their issues, John Dan was like Tom, Coach Landry, run the football. We're not gonna put the ball in harm's way. We're gonna try to play great defense. And then Roger Starback was there. Roger would win it. Yeah, Roger to Dodger and That's why John Elway had so many That's why John had so many comebacks, because they we wouldn't do anything for quarters for three and a half quarters, and then the game would still be close and John would win it in the end. It is and it's really tough. But I've never heard a situation like this. Normally, a the owners called you to his office. The owner, like the owner walked in to the coach's office when he's doing in the end of season interviews, exit interviews. Yes, that's that's really wild. Normally, they call you into their meeting and tell you to call you into their office or the general managine, you know, they had a conversation. We're going in a different direction. But so I've never heard I've never heard of a situation like this. So they had a conversation. I think we're talking about Steven where he called John Harbaugh on the phone.
Speaker 1: He said, he said, I thought it would be a.
Speaker 3: You know, an anatomy move, like the man had just left and say turn around to meet me back at the you know, at the office in an hour, just like you know, hey, you're gonna do what you're gonna do.
Speaker 1: Just let hey and you know, it was tough.
Speaker 3: I mean, telling somebody is fired is not easy, right, I mean because he's had success, he's winning. His coach and the organization is only thirty years of age, but he's the you're winning his coach and the and their young tenure. You got Look, you got Lamar. So is it a very appealing job? You got Lamar? You got a quarterback, you got a two time MVP quarterback.
Speaker 1: Is this contract up up? Is he really? No?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, contracts not up. But they gotta do something. He got like a seventy five seventy six million dollar cap. Yet so they and Steve Bshatti has made it abundantly clear he wants Lamar. If Lamar wants that, If not, he say hey, we'll play it out and move move on. But he wants it because you know, Steve, look, Steve, very matter of fact, he laid on the table and said, look, I want to do this thing for another ten years.
Speaker 1: I'm sixty five. I said, I'm looking at it from seventy five. Now.
Speaker 3: If we had a couple of bad seasons when I met that age, I'm probably gonna sell the team. If we had a couple of good seasons, I'm probably gonna keep holding on. But anyway, he said, I'm looking to move on. He said, I'm not gonna get this thing. It's not going to my family. He said it caused too much problems. Yes, I've seen it turned families against each other, and that's not gonna happen.
Speaker 1: I've abundantly clear. So so who you think he's gonna bring in? What's what's a good? What's what's a good?
Speaker 3: I mentioned the name Clint Kubiak. Clint Kubiak is the offensive coordinator for the Seattle Seahawks.
Speaker 1: I played with Clint's dad. I remember Clint whether.
Speaker 3: He was a kid running and shagging balls and being the ball boy on the field for us where he he couldn't have been no more than like six or seven, yeah, maybe eight. His dad was my quarterback, was to back up to John and then he was my offensive coordinator. So I've been knowing them, and he's really good. You see the imagination that he has with Seattle's offense. You saw what Jackson JSN did and Jigba. They run the football that West Coast system, you gotta run it. Then they play action pass and he has a quarterback. His quarterback in Baltimore is better than the quarterback that he has in Seattle. So I can just imagine with his imagination and that quarterback and that running back to be able to run the football like they.
Speaker 1: Can run it and play action off of that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, what Dick Henry got another year over there, got two years, two years and thirty second.
Speaker 3: He was second last year in rushing over nineteen two years ago with over nineteen hundred yards. He was second the league in rushing bitch year with like fifty almost sixteen hundred yards.
Speaker 1: He still got traid on the tire. He still got oh yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 3: And so I'm i'm uh, they gotta but they got Hey, they gotta get the number one thing. They gotta get whoever whatever guard is available in for egency, the Baltimore got a sign it they gotta get. They gotta get. They gotta get that left that left that right guard up out of there. He killing Lamar, He killing Lamar and the running game. But and they need some defense, Joe, Yeah, they do. They can they can't.
Speaker 1: They can't.
Speaker 6: They gonna put they can put some points of the boy. They can't stop nothing, they stop nobody. They can't stop nobody. It's definitely an tightson job though. Yeah, yeah, you know, you know what what having Lamar and Henry back then, I'm surprised, you know, ain't no coaches jumped on that situation already?
Speaker 1: Well, I think.
Speaker 3: Maybe maybe some of the coaches that they're interested in are still in the playoffs, so you can't anybody right now. You had a window the Broncos and the Seahawks, so you could interview coaches in that window, Bill Zoom, obviously, but if your team was in the playoffs, you can't talk until after your season is over. So now moving now, there will be another break in between the NFC AFC check, between the championship games and the Super Bowl, So there's a dead weekend there in which you can interview vill Zoom for a job. But yeah, I'm you got to get the right coach in this situation because you got too much at stake, you got too much riding on it. You got Lamar, Rix mcdabb in this prime window. You got Derrick Henry that has a couple more years left. You got to get this thing right. Yeah, get this thing right, because you look Drake May. Yeah, you got Josh Allen you got CJ. Stroud, you got both Nicks, you got Trouvor Lawrence. So it's not getting any easier. But they got some talent. Boy, they got some talent over there. They got some offensive talent. I don't know how much defense talent they got.
Speaker 1: They ain't got. No, they need some help defensively.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I like Flowers, uh, I like their I like Henry obviously, I like Lamar. I'm surprised that what they did with Andrews because basically they're they're saying bye to lit Likely.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, and yeah you're not go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean you gave you gave Andrews what three years forty million and then what then what he's signed for? Yeah, it's you know, you're not bringing him back because somebody's gonna payhim big money.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I thought I thought they would let Andrews go and then keep keep uh Likely. But three years for the year, So I was, I was, I was surprised by that move. But they need defense, they need pass rushers. They need pass rushers. They need them bad too, really bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: They they they gave what they were what they was in the defensive bottom defensive rad and they was near the bottom.
Speaker 1: This year, the two cornerbacks gave up the most yardage them.
Speaker 6: Boil was again smoked out there. Why but when you can't rush the pass, I mean, what what what are your what are your options? You can't hold up all day? And they couldn't rush the quarterback. They couldn't get the quarterback off its mark. So the quarterback is just back there, packed the ball, packed the ball packed the ball.
Speaker 1: Mmm. So it's tough.
Speaker 3: The Bears round playoff game and expected to be one of the coldest games in NFL history. Joe, look at this video of blither conditions happening right now coming off Lake Michigan. Uh sixty mile wins, heavy snows are leading to nearly no visitability.
Speaker 1: Man, can't nobody playing no football now?
Speaker 3: If it's like that, they're gonna be out there, they gonna be playing in then Hell yeah, man, come on, Winch. You have the expected for lange between zero and ten miles ten degrees throughout the day on Sunday win gusts up to twenty miles an hour. The Rams haven't played in the game below fifty all season, according to NFL Stats Matthew Stafford and bad weather games with the Rams cold rain or snow one in eight fifty four point six completion percentage, fourteen touchdowns, eleven interception. Oh kay, excuse me, look at it. Look at this. We're gonna turn the sound and listen to the sound.
Speaker 1: Joe, right, I'm cold. I'm cold right here. Hey, ain't no way they've been playing that. Hey, hold on, hold on.
Speaker 3: You think the stand's gonna be filled up to absolutely pack?
Speaker 1: Oh no, because fans get a kick out of says.
Speaker 3: I was at that game when you played the Ice Bowl when it was twenty seven thirty. You go back and look at Cincinnati San Diego. I think that was nineteen eighty one. Wind chill was like fifty nine. Go back and look at the Chargers against Cincinnati. I think the wind chield was like forty fifty degrees below Zeo, who was the wind chill?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 6: If they playing in anything close to this what I'm looking at, I got the bad.
Speaker 1: I'm taking the baths this weekend, Diah.
Speaker 3: I remember, Joe, nineteen eighty one, the Chargers played Cincinnati, win chill minus fifty nine.
Speaker 1: The man said, nineteen eighty one, I remember the game.
Speaker 3: That's that's what I told the Chargers Chargers. The Chargers had just beat the Dolphins. Kellen Winslow had a historic game, unbelievable end up blocking a field goal. They wanted to have to carry him out the field and for his his his, his herculean effort. Go to Cincinnati fifty nine below. They got thumped. I think they lost twenty seven to nothing.
Speaker 1: Fifty nine. What was the final score below? Twenty seven to seven?
Speaker 3: Okay, oh you, Oh, so that's why you don't remember you was just being born, oh.
Speaker 1: Burn in eighty one. I don't know what's going on. Oh you played in weather like that before?
Speaker 3: I remember, I remember that game. I'm saying, I'm saying you done played in something like that. I think one of the coldest game I played we played in Green Bay in ninety six. It was about thirteen degrees minus thirteen and we played the Chiefs in the divisional round in ninety It was in ninety eight, so it's probably January of ninety eight. What was the temperature in ninety six? It was December of ninety six.
Speaker 6: Hey, hey, what it's like getting hitting that type of temperature? And that was what the ground feel like.
Speaker 3: Man, I think let gonna see men, Joe, I ain't gonna lie, Joe. I'm glad back this.
Speaker 1: See me.
Speaker 3: I had construction gloves on. I wasn't oh, but but I caught the past. I caught the well plass.
Speaker 1: They throve it well.
Speaker 3: I couldn't even imagine. Huh minus seventeen in Green Bay, right, what was it? What was the the Kansas City?
Speaker 1: Hey, how the bands ain't got no dome over there? Man, you take away the advantage.
Speaker 3: Man. Man, come on, man, we don't get the soda used to but Minnesota used to play outside before they got the dome.
Speaker 1: And boys cold in Minnesota.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Chiefs with January of ninety it was January of ninety January.
Speaker 1: No, it was January of ninety nine. January of ninety nine.
Speaker 6: Man, under these conditions here, man, I don't know how you can get out there and play man, not not in that, not in that type of weather we just seen.
Speaker 3: And you know, hey, Joe, you know you got to go out there. We had no sleep. I had to show them. I had to show them. Guz I had that VASc lead on.
Speaker 1: The our side of the.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying, Hey, listen, So why white dudes be coming out there with their shirts off and all that warming up before the game.
Speaker 1: When it's like that, I don't know what them foods thinking.
Speaker 3: I ain't going out there until I have absolutely have to iop going out.
Speaker 1: There as.
Speaker 3: I'm competing against my opponent and his weather. So I am not going out there until I absolutely have to. The heart, it's easier to play in it than practicing it. It's when it's practiced when you don't have those heats, those heat is benches, and you don't have their adrenaline going right right. Oh my gosh, I can't even imagine. Boy, listen, you say, hi.
Speaker 1: Look at this. What's something? Ban fella? Tell him your name?
Speaker 3: He said, my name is Teddy Barrows.
Speaker 1: He hey, look he happy daddy home?
Speaker 3: Boy is he mad? As soon as I came through the door, man, man titles done done. Rip my Montclair jacket? Oh man, I said, boy. But uh yeah, them jokes here they he once I come home, they ain't got nothing to do with Auntie no more. He said, I got my he got my pajamas on. He say, dadd this play is my bedtie. But oh yeah, Joe, that's that's the whole thing.
Speaker 1: That's the thing.
Speaker 3: Why you if you're a cold weather team, you want to get home field. I want the Rams? You playing that dome? Yeah yeah, played in Carolina. Well it was a little cold, but you don't know cold yet, right cho Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm talking about I'm talking about I wanted to be cold the sun and the sun come up with an overcoat on. And if they're gonna be playing in that, that's that's that's damn sure what it's gonna be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you see statues got overcoats.
Speaker 6: If Scully's over no man, no man, that's gonna be a tough one now, especially for the Rams.
Speaker 3: Today's Eagles general manager Howie Roseman was asked whether he's opened the trading AJ Brown, to which Roseman responded, it's hard to find great players in the NFL, and AJ is a great player. That's what we're going out looking for when we go out in free agency and the draft is trying to find great players who love football, and he's that. So that would be my answers. Uh, the question that they look, they understand it's hard to replace because I know what he is. He's a proven commodity, he's a he's a.
Speaker 1: Pro Bowl All Pro super Bowl winning player when he wants to be that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and this year for whatever reason, Look, it's it's just hard. I don't I don't know. I honestly, I don't know what motivates. I don't know what happened. Because he's like when he won the super Bowl, he's like, it wasn't fulfilling. Well, if you got if you're making money, you want you You've been an All Pro, you going to Pro Bowl, you win the Super Bowl? What is what? What is what left? What is left? If I got a thirty plus billion dollar contract, I'm a Pro Bowl player, I'm an All Pro player, and I'm a Super Bowl and the Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: Is a for philling.
Speaker 3: But I don't I don't really know what else there is. If you play a sport, Joe you, Joe, you you an All NBA All Star, you win a champion and you like, and you're making forty million dollars a year, and you win the championship and they come to you and say, Joe, how you feel.
Speaker 1: Like, I'm not it's not as fulfilling as I thought.
Speaker 6: Nah, No, I ain't gonna say that, but I think I ain't gonna say that.
Speaker 1: I ain't gonna say.
Speaker 6: That, but I know for some guys, man, when they feel like they ain't bawling or doing their thing out there, many they won't. They want their stats over championship. Now, they may not come out and say it, but that's what they want. It's like, man, we want a championship, but damn man, they have but twenty yards and two catches.
Speaker 3: Hey go look at my Super Bowl numbers. There ain't nothing, but I got three rings. I don't pass down to each of my kids. Hey, hey, that wasn't the game plan. Didn't call for Sharton Sharp to go? Hey, why right? I'm okay with that because at the end of the day, I was making good money out been a Pro Bowl player. I was an All Pro. After you become an All Pro, after you become a Pro Bowl player, don't left. Just won a championship is to solidify, right, make sure people know that all those catchers and yards and everything that you was doing, well, yeah you did that, But how many games did you win? Did your stats go to winning? Look at my Look at my numbers. When I called for one hundred yards or call a touchdown, we won? Yeah, that's all I cared about. I want to win all the other stuff. That's why I didn't get up and look and now look back at that, said man. I could have easily gone to John and say, hey, bro, hey, I need five yards. But I ain't never asked him to throw me the ball, so you they know what I can do. I used to get up, said Joe, you know, and then I'm bull around, bull dried around.
Speaker 1: All game long.
Speaker 3: Now here come the fourth quarter, we down fourteen. You gonna ask me what I like. I like for this game to be over, so I get my ass on that buzz and get home. You should have you should have asked me this.
Speaker 1: In the first quarter. Spread it around, yeah, yeah, ain't let it. Let everybody touch it, okay, yeah, knowing what you doing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, hey, look but like I said, you know, some catch with a ball. He look, I remember too, you know, coming down it's the last five to seven minutes of a game. Now, all of a sudden, everybody looking for you. They looking for Joe to get us up out this rut. Then what what what we've been doing the whole game?
Speaker 1: Y'all? Give me the ball? Yeah, so I understand, man, I understand.
Speaker 3: Hey, we're gonna run this over he were in this pit. A. We're gonna run one, Joe you at you at the top.
Speaker 5: Yeah we look we ain't ran all their game now. Yeah yeah, I know exactly what you said. We have been reading this in the first second quarter.
Speaker 3: Man, what you're looking for? I thank your brother on the floor. Thanos. Yeah no, this is not This is not Thanos in my lap. This Teddy Beary in my lap. The Athletic released the store today on Mike Tomlin's final team meeting with the Steelers players and the surreal scene he'm surrounding it, Mike Tomlin told his team, I think it's best for I think it's best for the organization for me to step down.
Speaker 1: T J.
Speaker 3: Watt had tears welling in his eyes and keep repeating no, no, no. As Tomblin told the team. Joey Porter Jr. Was reportedly hyperventilated. Aaron Rodgers was sobbing and repeatedly saying I'm sorry to steal his player gave Tomblin a standing ovation.
Speaker 6: That's what's up, man. That's when you know your guys respect you, bro. Yep, they respect they respect the heck got that man, man and what he's done for that organization. Yes, yeah, and as a player, it definitely hurts you because you know, uh, you feel like you was a part of him getting out of there. Yeah, that's why those guys so hurt. They feel like, man, if we would have played at our at our highest peak, we could have we could have avoided this situation. So yeah, I can see why guys really taking it hard.
Speaker 1: I've done that.
Speaker 3: I remember as I got old, I remember seeing Coach Reeves because the gym I used to go to the church that he attend would was right across the street. And I remember I remember, like I saved you. Probably it didn't have closed it down, but anyway, and I saw him and I just I remember going up to him and saying, Coach, I'm sorry, Yeah said he said, Shannon, he's the one what it never called me by my last name, or called me or called me eighty four. You always called me Shannon. And say Shannon what he I said, Coach? I said, had I been the player that I became, maybe I could have saved the job, right, And he just told me, he says, So he said, that's nice of you to say, but you ain't got none apologize for.
Speaker 1: He said, I'm.
Speaker 3: Proud that we drafted you. I'm proud of the player that you became. Same thing with Waye Phillips. I was I was that player. I had became that player. But I did, I did all I could. I had, you know, two thousand yard receive and had like one hundred and eighty catches.
Speaker 1: Just what it just wasn't meant to be. Uh had like one hundred and seventy eight catch catches.
Speaker 3: It just wasn't meant to be. Joe and then Mike. But I hate because that happened on my watch. What could I have done differently? And I know for certain, I'm not even sure besides getting injured and having to take them, I want't one hundred percent had I do believe had I became the player that I later became that ended up going into the Pro Football Hall of Fame, I do believe I could have saved Dan's career. Yeah, I believe I could have saved them in Denver. Now, maybe at a lady didn't time mister B one. Maybe mister b just wanted to go in a completely different direction. Maybe maybe so because coach Reeves had been to three Super Bowls, lost the AMC championship game.
Speaker 1: So it wasn't like he was lose it.
Speaker 3: But he just wanted to go in and in in a different direction.
Speaker 1: But it's tough if you care.
Speaker 3: Now, if you don't care, some people like, hey, players, players get cut all the time.
Speaker 1: I don't. I don't look at it like that.
Speaker 6: Uh hey, look my first year in Brooklyn when I got traded to Brooklyn from Atlanta, I played. Avery Johnson was our head coach. Great dude, great dude, accountability, like he gonna be on you, like he gonna ride you hard.
Speaker 1: You know, tell you what the dudes and don'ts. But man, he was a hell of a coach. Bro. I loved him as a coach. And to for.
Speaker 6: Us to get off to such a slow start my first year in Brooklyn, I think it was kind of why he got fired because it happened on the off day for us. I'm at home, I'm watching ESPN. Ain't nobody called and been like, oh, we're gonna get rid of Avery Johnson today. I'm watching on ESPN like everybody else. He come across breaking news. I'm like, damn, so yeah, I understand. As a player, bro, you take you take heart today because I'm like, yeah, he's a dope coach. Bro Dvonta Adams says he told his teammates included Pook and the Cop that they would they should never leave LA because it ain't greener than this, representing his experience leaving the Packers and being with the Raiders and the Jets.
Speaker 1: Yep, that's absolutely true.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and you know, getting a chance to play with another great quarterback and Matthew Stafford who throwing.
Speaker 1: That peel around the way you do. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Look, I think the thing is with Tay is that he wanted to get something done.
Speaker 1: He wanted to get something done before he.
Speaker 3: Got to the before and then when the season came and they didn't do anything, and then he goes out and has a monster season, all of a sudden, he's like, nah, y'all, donne risk made me put this on the line. Y'all knew what I could do, and y'all make me go through this. And I think I think a part of him, a part of if pride, was hurt because they didn't do it.
Speaker 1: Now he goes to the Raiders, his.
Speaker 3: College teammates there, so it's not like he doesn't know what he's getting into Yeah, but after one year they let his qualit, they let his teammate go. Yeah, he's stuck. And then he goes to the Jets and that dysfunctional organization. And even though he got Aaron Rodgers, wasn't the best Nope, nope.
Speaker 6: And he even got over there to the Rams. I'm talking about done a number the offensive.
Speaker 1: Mind.
Speaker 3: You got a quarterback, you're in a controlled environment because think about who you play. You got the Cardinals, they play inside. Yeah, so that's not of your games right there that you're gonna be in seventy two degrees m Now you mess right to get somebody in the alc and get a couple of more games. That's a that's ten. Well some years now you have nine games, because some years you have you know, nine home games, eight road games. Yeah, I mean yeah, so he's right, he's right. But everybody's always thinking that, you know, the grass is greener and h if you got a historic quarterback, you better stay your ass with it. Now you might go ben some money now, but them numbers dan't gonna be the same. Start the numbers start slipping, everybody gonna say, see you are product of that system.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you got you. You got somebody throwing you that piell boy. Don't take it for granted. Absolutely not.
Speaker 3: Josh Allen was playing long snapper at the team's practice the day before their playoff game.
Speaker 1: Check this video out. Joe oh snapper. Come on, what do you got going on? I guess he's the emergency long snapper. Nope. I didn't want to do nothing.
Speaker 3: They're like, we got this reverse, let Futz run it. You ain't want no problem. I don't want to throw me the ball. Don't hand it to me. I'm done with that.
Speaker 1: I got.
Speaker 3: I got my running back day when I was in high school, was I was a junior, was going into my senior year. I left the running back position. I got tired of people talking about my bad shop. Man who man man shop?
Speaker 1: That's me? That's me.
Speaker 6: Nah, bro, you ain't telling about like missing missing they.
Speaker 3: Missed the block bad by bad shop, My bad bad dude that got by hell with twisted Joe you talked about by bad. I'm good. Nah, don't hand me no ball. Throw it to me down in the field. And see the thing is, you can't hit the long you used to could punish the long snapper.
Speaker 1: You can't hit him now.
Speaker 6: So yeah, they ain't got a little solvet.
Speaker 1: They got a little soft he like, come on, man, what we got going.
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: Joe.
Speaker 3: Another sad story, the West was arrested for allegedly robbing someone of twenty three dollars per TMZ. What we're being told is that he's taken into custody without further incident and posted a thousand dollars bond. When they say the total the total amount taken from the victim was around twenty three dollars. Damn, Joe, do you know have you ever do you know him? Have you ever been had any any contact with him?
Speaker 1: Nah?
Speaker 6: I just played against him, un but obviously I'm paying attention and I see what's going on. You know, it hurts to see him in those situations, man, you.
Speaker 1: Know what I mean?
Speaker 6: Yeah, because I know, I know people have reached out and tried to help him. Yes, obviously he probably probably just he don't want it, you know, due to whatever issues he's dealing with. Yeah, you know, sometimes man, you can you can do whatever you can to try and help somebody, but you gotta want it.
Speaker 3: I had I had Mark Cuban on my podcast and he said, you say Shannon. We did everything we could, and we thought we had him there. We thought, we thought, and he just left mm hmm. And he's like, you know, and I reached out personally and did things. He's like, I don't really know. I don't really know what else to do, right unless that individual really wants to help. And they say you let him hit rock bottom. I mean, I don't think you can go any lord, and what he's already gone. No, but you just had And I understand addiction. It's one day. I mean, because an addiction, okay, you you you sobriety.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: I hear people say I've been sober. Chris Carter tells the story all the time. He knows the exact days, how many days he's been, you know sober. Yeah, but every day, every day, Yo, you gotta go by a bar or package store when you go into the store and you gotta say no, yeah.
Speaker 1: And that's how gambling addiction you gotta go.
Speaker 3: If you go to the casino and you gotta you gotta say the park, you just gotta say no, if you gotta shot, whatever.
Speaker 1: The case may be.
Speaker 3: You just got us every single day for the the rest of your life.
Speaker 1: And that's hard, bro.
Speaker 6: It is when you're recovering whatever you were recovering from, Like it's hard. Like you know, my my pops passed away in July. He was, uh, you know, recovering drug and alcoholics. So I know, I know what it looked like. You know what I mean. And you can't. I don't care what you do for that person, bro, Like it's they have to want it. They have to want to get better more than you wanted. They gotta want it more for themselves than you want it for them. Yeah, it's what I told my kids. I said, I can't want something for you more than you want it for yourself. Absolutely, And that's and that's you know, hey, my dad, my dad had an alcohol had an alcohol problem and it ended up causing him.
Speaker 1: You know, he had both of his cheek bones removed, and he just.
Speaker 3: He was he was embarrassed about coming around and then you know he's like, I don't want my kids to see you see me like this. Yeah, and uh, at that point in time, I just wanted to see him because I had only seen it once in my life to know who I was actually looking at, like this man is my father. Yeah, he came and you know, my grandmother came and got me from Chicago and brought me and my brother back on the train.
Speaker 1: I was three months old.
Speaker 3: My dad showed back up and took me back to Chicago when I was seven months old, and then we got sent me and my brother, my sister.
Speaker 1: We came back down.
Speaker 3: I was two, my sister was ten, my brother was five, and so we had been at that point in time, we had been so since nineteen seventy.
Speaker 1: I had lived with my grandmother and my grandfather.
Speaker 3: And I remember I was coming, we came home from church and he was he was in the drive he was in the driveway, and I remember granted asking me, do I know who it is? And I was like, the man looked like me. So we got to be my dad. But I had never seen him. I had never seen him before, just a couple of pictures of it. And I remember I remember gotting out of the car and I got over that hug and he asked, He asked, Papa. He said, mister Barney, can I take the boys overnight? You know they got the you know they got school tomorrow. He's like, yes, sir, I know, I'll make sure they get to school. Yeah, So we went home. He got we got him, and he got us and got some clothes, changed clothes that we was gonna sleep bed, clothes to sleep in and school clothes, and slept in the bed with him. And he got us up and told us he I'll never forget. He took me to school, dropped me off first, told me he loved me, that he'll see me, He'll see me again soon. This was had to be seventy seventy three, seventy four. I think I was in kindergarten. I was in kindergarten, the first grade, seventy so it was seventy three, seventy four. And see, I love you, and I see y'all. I'll see y'all. I'll see y'all again soon. Next time I saw him nineteen eighty one, he laid in the casket.
Speaker 1: Damn.
Speaker 3: So but that was you know, he had alcohol problems and just couldn't shake it. And you know, and I think he was more embarrassed that, you know, that he wasn't able to be what he thought he should be. Because you know, my gran Granny and Papa been married, had been married at that point in time. They got married in what twenty three. Papa died in seventy seven. Grandma Child and Granddaddy Williams had been married, already been married, like.
Speaker 1: You know, all those years.
Speaker 3: So he saw his mom and dad married, my grandma, you know, mama, mom and dad married, and but you can't measure your success by somebody else's success. And that was his first mistake. But he didn't know. He didn't know. And I don't hold that against my father. I do wish, like when I saw fathers would come to the game and see their sons. Yeah, I wish, I wish, you know, my dad could see me. My mom came. I made sure my son got an opportunity to see what I what I did. Uh, But yeah, I wish that. Yeah, but that wasn't in the cars. That wasn't in the cars for us. So, but I understand. I understand the situation, Joe. I understand when somebody has an addiction.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, nothing you can do, bro, And you know, you think you can fix it, you think you can help. But you came, man. I mean my pops, he spent he spent a lot of time in the penitentiary and uh, he got out and I moved him here to Atlanta with me. I was twenty six years old at the time, so I was six years into the NBA. That's that. That probably was the worst move. I'm gonna be honest with you, bringing him, bringing him here to Atlanta.
Speaker 3: But you, but Joe, you thought you, being a son, you in a position to help. You thought you were helping.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you did what most sons would do in a situation that can help help.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Boy, Yeah, he had he had these people by his fingertip on he go to the game, he said, courtside, kick his shoes off. He's sitting over there with no shoes on. I talked to him after the game. I said, hey, man, you can't be sitting over there, bro, with no shoes on. He said, Man, these shoes ain't made to be worn all day. Man, you gotta take these things out. My feet hurt. Yeah. Countryes he want to be? Country?
Speaker 1: Is he want to be? He said? I. I saw to start the team, but I ain't wearing those shoes.
Speaker 6: I'm home that man sitting over there with no shoes on. Man, it's time for our final segment. But even if it's time for Q and A man.
Speaker 3: Uh Pat Doves I watched the l Way Doc and thought I was tripping when I saw Rich Carlis kick a field goal barefooted in the cold in Cleveland. What's the story with him kicking barefooted? Rich was gone when I got there. There used to be a lot of Tony Franklin was another barefooted kicker.
Speaker 1: He kicked. Uh. He's from the University of Texas.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: And he kicked for the Philadelphia Eagles barefooted. I know she's gonna check that to see if I'm Rich Carlins. But they used to be barefooted kickers. I think they've ever been a barefooted punter, but yeah, they were barefooted kickers. Is that they just felt better kicking the ball with a barefoot and pulled.
Speaker 1: For the shoe on dam who yes, lands first for the Rams.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, Joe White, ask him about.
Speaker 4: You.
Speaker 1: That's one of the persons being old. I remember all these guys. Uh Uh.
Speaker 3: I mean, like I said, some guys just feel more comfortable kicking uh barefootage not that he I don't that. I don't remember no barefooted punters, but they're bread forty three Doctor frank A. L. Bellaman, Uh, tell me who won in bowling? And I don't want to hear. See what happened was.
Speaker 6: We keep it on so proud, We keep it on the loaf, We keep it keep on the hush y'all see when he come out. But I'm telling you we had some ball. There was time to bed.
Speaker 1: It was nice. It was nice. It was nice. All I know is I ain't finishing last Micky Jones.
Speaker 3: How come the NFL doesn't have tight ends as versatile as her Nandez was on the Patriots. Uh tight ends that could play x y Z running back? Uh John Smith? They lined him up. He's going to touch down and hand the ball off to it. They are, uh, yeah, the the quarter he the quarterback here wide receiver tight end?
Speaker 1: What's the number seven? But be Taysom Hill. They are l pray.
Speaker 3: Ninety eight is my birthday and it'll be a pleasure spending it with you two. Where's your birthday.
Speaker 1: Today? All man?
Speaker 3: I appreciate that, appreciate you tuning in to watch. Uh Joe and I handled and handled the holdest thing down on the plane. Yeah, my birthday, sliving on them people. Pillow, Oh man, almighty James. I remember when Nightcap first started and was calling Oho t o now he call it Joe Ocho, Kevin bolt Night, Shannon, you're the greatest.
Speaker 1: Tight end of it.
Speaker 3: Help us out. Kittle is out, third downs goal to go, Come on, mad please. If y'all know how I feel from bowling my knees killing me, I was about I was about to pull my glute, Joe, was you? Yeah, Man, That's why I could I say bad. Look here if you know you see how I started throwing the ball. Yeah, how you start hooping it down there?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Mat Hey, Joe, I was like, man, the last thing I need is to pull my glue because I know ain't nowhere in hell ash go enter that out.
Speaker 1: I'll goa be on the floor. I said, oh no, And hey, look it's all the answers you was doing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, all the answers he had. You know you ain't seen nothing. Yeah you wait, you got three. No, I ain't got no dowbns. I ain't got nothing, Bro, I can't help you. DeShawn Turner winning the Big Three coming to Charlotte. Look, we're gonna put together probably about five probably about five cities that we're gonna hit this summer. Uh oh yo, Joe and I so Charlotte might be on that list. Bro here, George Scott, I'm gonna check out the rip. I'm gonna let y'all know if it's good or not. Live stream was hilarious.
Speaker 1: One.
Speaker 3: If Ocho would actually be a liability in that scenario, absolutely.
Speaker 6: No question, one thousand percent, no question. Listen, you already know it. Hey, look, I'm glad we kind of just say. Hey, we get into a sticky situation.
Speaker 1: Like that, I know who not, I know who not the call? Oh what? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Look if you tell o Jo you might what just called us to eat the news. Hey, let me tell y'all what I did? Comes you getting pot? That man got twenty million dollars? You want to take it off?
Speaker 1: Turn it? Oho? Okay, we turned something in. We can get We're gonna be good. We can be a get a picture. We call it a year.
Speaker 3: They probably give us a little piece of dad. Yeah, even if they don't, we don't want no piece. Say nah, donated dodate my charity already got I got so, but don't worry about that.
Speaker 1: Hell. Hey, but it's the hell of a movie though.
Speaker 4: Man, it is.
Speaker 1: Hey, you're not gonna see what you're not gonna see the ending. You don't see that coming. Youre wid best part ever.
Speaker 3: Rogan the side piece now I soo o yo got me hooked, Dallas the Pine Bluff BJ Virginia's Jujitsu and football life.
Speaker 1: Appreciate that man, Thanks for saying that. Thank you.
Speaker 3: We pride ourselves and being able to talk a lot of different sports. We know the big the major sports is football, basketball, baseball, but we can talk anything. We talk baseball, football, track and field, golf. Uh Tour de front y'all want to talk about the tour? We talk about the tour of the win Olympics.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Hey, I used to watch the win Olympics. The Dutch.
Speaker 3: The Dutch used to be uh uh hosted. They call him host the Boss, Johann Olip Cloths.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think I think you're from the Dutch. Yeah, he Dutch. I just like, Hey, I just like when they took that hand and then when they come back that turn. Hey you have you have a skied of snowboard? Any y'all know? Hold off? You know I lived in Utah for two years, Me and my son, me and my kids, we used to go snowboarding. Oh did you man? Come on now? I tried to roller skate, Joe, you what you can't? You can You know you can't, you can't skate. I wasn't able to go enough. That won the two times a year. Wasn't gonna cut it. Man.
Speaker 3: I hit man, I hit my ass and my elbow so hard. No, I don't got you old. The fall now ain't literally caught me when I was tweety. Hey, hey, because out here here in Atlanta falling down with the hips. I am not going back under surgery, the Parendo hips. I'm telling you, Mike, Mike, what's up? Ugger eye? So, since we keep calling you Ojo is Rich trying to take over the Lakers. Man, that ain't gonna happen. Damn that, No, sir, No, I ain't gonna let that. That ain't gonna happen. That concludes this episode of Nightcap. We want to thank our very special guests Woody Marx, who put on an outstanding performance in the wildcard round with nineteen cares one hundred and twelve yards on the touchdown. We want to thank him for joining us to running back for the Houston Texans. Thank you, guys, y'all know who I am. I'm your favorite up and filling in for my partner Ojo Senko is the universe of Arkansas lum little Rock Native. Yes, Sir Hawk great, seven time NBA All Star. That's io Joe Johnson. Joe, thanks for filling up on such short notice. I appreciate you. No problem, no problem. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit the light button and do us a favor. Go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from. We would like to thank each and every one of you for your support and your continue support. Thanks to your eyes, ears, and your word of mouth, Nightcap has become the sensation that has become and because of you, we shall continue to rise. Thank you again for your support and you'll continue support those. Look at the purchase of bottle of Shade by Laportier and it's not in a state or sitting near you, head to Laportier Kannac dot com. Remember we have the og bottle, which is the seven fifty. Now we have the junior, the three seventy five. Same great quality, same great taste, same smoothness going down. It is a premium vessel. Pee Kanjac the best tasting premium vessel pe Cognact on the market. Don't take my word for it, Try it for yourself and compare it against others, and you'll see we have the smoothest, best tasting cognac on the market.
Speaker 1: Tickets for our.
Speaker 3: Super Bowl Live show in San Francisco are on sale right now that link is pinned in the chat. The show will be Thursday night, February the fifth at the Earth's Theater in San Francisco. Again, the super Bowl Show tickets in San Francisco so are on sale now that Lincoln is pinned in the chat. The show will be Thursday night, February the fifth at the Earps Theater in San Francisco, SO Bay Area. Bay Area, come out and support Unk and Ochow and Nightcap. John Harbard is close. We believe that the de sign a done deal. Five years, one hundred million dollars average of twenty million per year. Again, thank Woody Marks for coming on. The running back from the Houston, Texas had an outstanding game Monday night against the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Speaker 1: Nineteen carris one hundred and twelve yards and a touchdown. Thank you guys. I am Unk, He's I sold we'll see you Saturday after the game. Grobarc Rose. He's eyes