Speaker 1: The nick A Gliser Podcast, Nicki Glaser Post Nikky.
Speaker 2: Hello here, I am welcome to the podcast Nikki Glazer Podcast. My mic has turned up loud, so I'm going to talk rather softly because I don't feel like walking across the room, crawling across the room and turning it down to where it is.
Speaker 1: It actually sounds great to me.
Speaker 2: Oh good, Oh, I'm glad. It just sounds like maybe it's turned up in my headphones. That's probably it. I'm shoeless today. I just didn't feel like putting on shoes, and I thought maybe some people would be driven to our YouTube page. If there's enough feat people out there, it could affect the numbers. Our numbers are low on YouTube feet and if that becomes the play like, I'm not I don't want my feet like on a clip on Instagram. I don't want anyone think I'm angling for that. But if the feet freaks are listening and they're and they want to see my feet, you gotta go to YouTube and that's gonna be want.
Speaker 1: It out today. So if any of you are interested in that, Brian shirtless.
Speaker 2: I'm shoeless. My elbows are out and Anya's not wearing underwear. That's where it's just the idea of it and if you want to hear her.
Speaker 1: I feel super sexy though, Oh my god, just feels so free. I just left the feeling of my linen jumper like just on my laby.
Speaker 2: I'm sure that turns someone on there a lot.
Speaker 3: There's nothing that I could say that would be sexy. I don't think, no, there is not.
Speaker 1: That think of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there can be something hot that I don't want you to say anything hot. I don't want to be turned on ever by you, Brian, and I don't want you to ever be turned on by me. It's a great kind of relationship to have a friendship where you're just like, there's just not there's never been any of that, and they'll be none of that. And and it's almost like brother where you can't because I'm comfortable being sexual around my parents and stuff, because it's so off limits that it's like it's not weird to me, like me talking about my sex life. It's just like, because there's so not someone to have sex, it feels like okay to talk about it more freely like when you I don't know if that makes any sense to anyone. But the favorite part of your act.
Speaker 1: I can't remember if this got cut out of Good Clean Filth or not, but please tell.
Speaker 2: Me anything you think got cut out, because I don't remember, and I need to. I would like to use it for my next one. I don't need it, but I would like to.
Speaker 1: Was this in this special where you're like, Okay, imagine you had to make out with or you had to.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, that's definitely.
Speaker 1: Then said the lines you said the line live where you're like, I'm so sorry, but I we have to do this.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Like would you rather go down on your mom or your dad if you had to? And you like yeah, And it make everyone has to think about it, and it's kind of like I realized, most of my act is trying to prove to people that they can't help their thoughts and that they're all fucking weirdos too, and that you that there is no free will and your thoughts just show up. And I think that was a kind of a challenge to get them, Like, I'm like, I know you're thinking about it right now, and let me just solve it for you real quick. You gotta go down on your mind, because you would you just and then my are you got to tune into my special to find out why you should? But it's, uh, you know, it's perfect logic why you would. We have a lot to cover on the show today. So I just want to full steam ahead. I just want to say the topics I want to cover, and I want to get to them if we can. Brian's wedding, I have a couple of things that happened while that we didn't talk. I mean, there's tons of stuff you didn't get to. I'm sure, Brian, So just some like a loose ends on that. And then I would talk about Taylor Swift and Noah and I in Minneapolis on Friday night this past Friday, which was an amazing trip in time. And then I want to talk about my show with my dad that I did on Saturday night and at Yeah, yam Ava Yamava Casino, Yamava Yamava. That's it.
Speaker 3: I drove a lot, I drove past a lot of Yamava signs really this past week, and I was like, how do you say that?
Speaker 2: Did you see my face on a billboard? That would have been so cool because I was there. I'm sure it flashed by. I mean, I was a I was a hot ticket this weekend. I got to say. They gave me a plaque, not a plaque, but a glass trophy for nothing. It's not like I sold out or anything. I was very close to selling out, but it was like just a present. And then they made cookies of each of my eras. It's like every so nice. They were so nice to my dad and me and and my dad, and I sang and stuff. And I came up with a joke that is going to work for any casino. Let me see if I can remember it, because it's the wording's kind of difficult to memorize. Yamava is I found out? Is what was the tribe that was out there? I sucked it up in the showroom. Hold on the tribe is No, it's a Serrano. Serrano Is that type of pepper that's the CEO of Netflix? Oh yeah, and Ted Serranos Sorrando's Susan Sarandon. No a Serrano pepper. It's the same tribe as that. Okay, anyway, Yamava is Serrano for prosperity and growth at the expense of you spending your child sports check at the black or something like that. Like, there's I have to memorize when I say it fast. It sounds cool, but I was like, it's like a long it's a short word for like a long meaning something that means a lot to them. So that was fun.
Speaker 1: And then.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's about that's but let's start with Brian's wedding. I just wanted some loose ense or just some things I dot in my phone while I was there. There's signs for falling rock fallen rocks everywhere, you know, when you're driving up there? What am I supposed to do with that sign or falling fallen?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Oh, that's a good it's written in fallen. Oh, so maybe I can do something with that because they're lying in the road and it wants me to watch out for the fallen rocks. Falling rocks. I can't do a damn thing about that.
Speaker 3: Have you ever seen one when you're driving? No? One time, only one time in my life. I was driving. It was a big storm. It was coming down Big Bear whatever that mountain is, and it was a big storm. We shouldn't have drove down the mountain. And it was like every five minutes a rock would come tumbling down and we were like one go through you head the size of a software football. Yeah, like, what the hell are we doing driving down the road right now? We have to get out because there was a gas leak in our airbnb and either.
Speaker 1: God, my gods just fall.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, second, you've seen them fall.
Speaker 1: Before I saw. I've seen fall in ac units.
Speaker 4: And that's just a New York City. You know why there's so many scaffolding, It's because the buildings are so old that they have to put scaffolding because pieces of the building fall off.
Speaker 3: That's not just New York City, that's every city. Of the tall buildings that have scaffolding when they when they have to inspect them every five years, and until they get the inspection done, they have to have the scaffolding up. And it's because a piece of a building fell on an NYU student back.
Speaker 2: It was a whole episode of that HBO show about it, how Too, with what's his name John Wilson, Will John Wilson. Yeah, that's so good. That's a that's a fairly fascinating episode. It's kind of like Adam Ruins everything, but with a guy who's kind of like a little bit different leading you through. You know, Yes, it's like, but it's it's so good.
Speaker 1: It'll make you cry. Every episode you cry at least one.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it's touching. They just like film trash kind of blowing around and on New York City. It's kind of his American pot or American beauty, that guy like filmmaker kind of. But I wanted to say one day we were at Sirius Noah doing our show and a piece of scaffolding right down the street where we had all walked under hit a guy and killed him. Oh remember that, Yes, And it like happened while we were at work, and we were all like we could hear the sirens. We were like right by it, and it was like, oh my god, I walked that same thing. It just happened. That's always so. But you know what, not the worst death, if we're talking about death, that's getting hit. It sounds awful and it's embarrassing, and if you are alive for any of it, it's horrible. But if you get content in the head that fast you are out and you are coming in it it's you never knew it was coming, you know.
Speaker 1: Con which is such a funny word. Like the submarine guys Wade conked.
Speaker 2: I just want to say about the submarine thing. People are all like, that's so it's fucking tragic for sure, but it literally is the best way to die because they you things what your brain sees, and then once your brain goes, oh I know what I'm seeing, it takes like point thirteen seconds to get to your from your eyes to your brain to be like that's what I'm seeing. Everything's delayed that much pretty much. And then feeling wise, it's some other fraction of a second where something hurts and then your brain processes as hurt. So for a while you get hurt and you don't feel it right. And both of those are slower than the submarine impact based on the compression. So they never saw felt it, knew it was coming, had any moment of oh shit, there was nothing. Literally the last things they were like, hey, could you pass me that? It was like that there was some mundane conversation like I wonder what the conversation was that was happening of just like have you guys watched Monk, Like like oh, he's trying to Like there was some or like hey is the bathroom over? It was like something like that, like just that's how like quickly you can go. In that moment I was, and now they're all go. Like the amount of pressure is like the same soular like power as the sun. So it melted them all to go instantly. And then there's conflicting reports of whether this kid was like I don't want to go, or he like really wanted to go because his mom said he really wanted to go, and everyone else before that was like the dad made him go. He was only going for his dad, but he wanted to solve a world record of doing a solving a Rubik's cube at the lowest what is it called depth? Yep, thank you for sure. So he brought his Rubik's cube down there and he had a goal. So I'm like, was he really drug into this thing? Like I think we invent these narratives to sell a like more or you know, the press does to sell a more interesting story of like this nineteen year old. Like everyone's referring to him as a kid, which like that's fine, he is, but he's not. That's an adult age. So everyone's like this, my dad goes this poor kid, and I'm like, he was nineteen, he wanted to solve a room's cube down there. Like I'm not blaming anyone, but like, don't make this about like if it was a six year old kid, I would you could say kid and like, oh my god, the parents made him. But yes, he a little bit. And it's like no one deserved those He didn't deserve to die less than the other people, really, except like the guy that was in charge of it. I mean that was fucking ridiculous. But he had a death list. But wouldn't you go in a submarine if you were doing something a little bit dangerous and the guy who like his life, he's in there with you and he made it and he knows, he knows all the dangers if he was going, wouldn't you go? But I learned you shouldn't go because people don't give a fuck about dying. They're not scared of it. Yeah, some people like my boys.
Speaker 3: I talk to Ali about this and I was like, we're never going to any billionaires anything for any reason.
Speaker 2: No. Yeah, I mean I will go to the Hampton's house. I'll have to sign seven pages of like I might die, I'm going to die documents to go there.
Speaker 1: But yeah, nothing risky. I'm not going in a rocket. I'm not going to another planet. I don't want to skydive, but billionaire and.
Speaker 2: I'm struggling with it. He would go in ocean Gate right now if they were still.
Speaker 3: Doing to works. He really here. Did you hear the thing that they said while they were looking for the dead people in the submarine they posted a job posting for a submarine operator.
Speaker 2: You gotta be kidding me? This just is like so funny.
Speaker 3: They were whole h There was a whole backlash obviously like how could you do this? But they then took it down. But yeah, they were like, oh, looks like we need to have an open spot now for someone who's really good with submarines and wants to have a life of adventure.
Speaker 2: That is so I did. I went to the website and it was like still operating and up like Ocean it was still like hey, you could charter this thing, and then like you could buy the thing on there, and then when you went to buy it, it was like file four O four not found. But but it's it. Uh, what was I going to say about people? Are you know this? What this did more than anything was start to have we're having conversations about how much we hate billionaires because no one felt any empathy or sympathy, and so it was really I've read a lot of pieces about how or I've just I guess I've read a lot of headlines of pieces, and then I read maybe one of them about how we just love we have no compassion for billionaires because we hate them because we kind of should. I don't know enough.
Speaker 1: About this story, but weren't there like stories saying that no one had tried this out and it was a sort.
Speaker 3: Of do there was a wish blower? I said two years ago. He in twenty eighteen, he said, this is not going to work, This is going to implode. He said exactly what happened was going to happen, and then they fired him and then they sued him for saying those things.
Speaker 1: Wow. Yeah, this is that guy that you're listening sir, you might be entitled to some compensation.
Speaker 3: Is on season three of Monk right now. So he made it.
Speaker 2: Did you see did you see the guy? Mister beast? I guess he's like a YouTuber and he posted that he got asked to go on the Ocean Gate. Did you but the text he shared the screenshot of like the little blurb asking him to go was in blue, which means it was his phone, you know what I mean. Like he tried to, like me think a message that he was invited on and send it to himself and then screenshotted it and didn't show like the context. So but now everyone's like to do it's not blue unless it's your phone, you know the bubble. So he's kind of busted. But yeah, these, I mean, there's stories coming out of like I wanted to do this mission, which I always love. I love those where someone was like I was supposed to be on the plane that flew into the world trads. Like, I don't mind those stories, even though I'm sure some of them like people are just trying to find some kind of connection to it. Another thing I wanted to bring up before we go to break about Brian's wedding when we were there, I just want to get this is like a Grace's AirPods incident that happened to me. But we were at the cute little like town shops and the what is it called Grand Lake, Colorado, and there is like a nice fudge shop or whatever. Yeah, so they're sollid fudge in there, and then their next door to it, I think is the shop where it has rubber duckies as different celebrities.
Speaker 3: Yes, famous rubber ducky shop.
Speaker 2: It's called Quackers. Yeah, and so it's just different rubber duckies that are like, you know, dressed up as different celebrities. But they definitely didn't have a Taylor Swift or any Beatles. So I do think that they are trying to get away with something because they know who's litigious, and so you can't find like a baseball one, like there's every sport, but like Thomas, they oh my god, they would have some everything has like a pun about quacking and like something on one.
Speaker 1: Quacker instead of Belice Scooper.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it would be that it would be bad like.
Speaker 3: That or nothing.
Speaker 2: I can think of anything better. Literally, the think tank on these quack names or tis is terrible. It's literally was like one guy the first thing he thought of. And but anyway, so outside, so Tim Chris's brother was in there buying gifts for people and he's looking for a baseball quacker, which they don't. They have thousands of these ducks everywhere, and he's like, there's gotta be a baseball one. There's one for like gluecross, there's one, you know, cricket. There's got to be a baseball one. He could not find one. So I'm waiting outside the store and I see on one of the bubblegum machines outside. On top of it is a box of fudge, brand new box of fudge. And I looked inside and I was like, oh yeah, and I was like, it's brand new. It was totally untouched on the top and everything had the perfect little like you know, tissue paper around, like the beautiful packaging. And I waited and I looked around, and then I was like, no one's coming back for this. If they do, it's going to be too late and this is gonna get thrown away. I know. No one else eats other people's stuff like me, unless someone like Taylor comes along. She would do outside the store. No, it's outside the store, okay. There's no one around, like you could tell like they put it there. They got some change out of their pocket for their kid to get a toy out of the bubblegum machine or whatever, and then they just left their fudge like I do all the time. I leave my fudge everywhere like, if I had fudge to carry around, it would get left.
Speaker 1: It's like Tday, Wednesday, Friday, every day.
Speaker 2: I wait with fudge.
Speaker 3: Finish your fudge. You gotta people do. That's a very commonly left back food.
Speaker 2: I was watching something with the band boy Genius, who I'm obsessed with right now, and the girl one of the girls, and it said that anything smaller than her hand, she will lose. And I just loved that because I relate to it so much, like anything smaller than my hand, do not give me. I will misplaced, and this fudge box kind of fit into that category. So I was like, I'm gonna take this fudge because my family loves fudge. I'll maybe bring it to like the after party, Pustas and Chris and Tim and Emma was Emma was cool with it, but everyone else seemed to be a little bit aghast at that that I would take this fudge and not leave it. But if you leave it, sure they might come back for it. They're not coming back for it. And if they do, okay, well sorry, it's going to good use. It's not getting thrown away. The alternative and most likely scenario of this is that the fudge would get thrown out because someone would go, I'm not taking someone else's fudge, and then some guy cleaning up later like if someone had to take it, and it's me, So, what did you do with the fudge? I gave it to my dad to give to my parents. Yeah, I took it home. I was gonna bust it out, but I forgot it was in my cabin and you know, we were dancing the night away.
Speaker 3: Did you could tell them that you bought it?
Speaker 2: Did I tell the story?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: I didn't.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: I told him the story and they were proud.
Speaker 3: Ah. Yeah, I think that's the proper way to handle that situation. I don't think they were going to come back for the fudge. They're probably gone.
Speaker 2: But jokes about everything, like anything that was laying out. He was like, I guess I'll just take this dog bowl because you know someone just left it. And I was like, that's not the same. And I know you're joking, but are you because you're kind of judging me? What about an ancillary note?
Speaker 1: On an ancillary note, I can't believe you've brought up fudge today so many times because on the Girls Chat, Haula asked us all today if you found out you had a food allergy to something most people love, but you wouldn't care too much about giving it up? What would it be? And I thought long and hard about it, and then I definitively wrote fudge.
Speaker 2: Do people love fudge? Are they talking about fudge all the time around you?
Speaker 1: Probably not? I made myself answer.
Speaker 2: Break. I want everyone to think about the food that if you were allergic to and had to give up because you would die if you ate it. But it's a food that, like everyone generally loves, it wouldn't be that hard for you to give up. What would that be? We'll have Brian and Noah's answers in mine when we get back. But for Anya's fudge.
Speaker 1: I was walking down the street cracking up myself up.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're back. So fudge is your answer of things that you associate Most people would be like, I can't live my life without fudge? How am I gonna do this? Johnny, that's the one who shows.
Speaker 1: It's more like I thought of, like, what do I not like that other people like? And I'm like, oh, I fucking oh you.
Speaker 2: Don't like you hate?
Speaker 1: I like brownies. If you found out you had a food allergy to something most people love, but you wouldn't care too much about giving it up. What would it be? Well, so yeah, that's just like take it. I leave it with fun.
Speaker 2: But why do you hate fudge? Do you like brownies or those two rich?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: I love brownies? What is the thing that I think it's fun?
Speaker 2: Are brownie? That's a verb? Or not that cheese? Describe brownies's fun? You think saltwater taffy?
Speaker 1: I hate saltwater.
Speaker 2: We're getting closer to what you don't like.
Speaker 1: Fudges. It's like, yeah, I fucking hate that ship.
Speaker 2: But the broke we nail anything that's just too thick.
Speaker 1: But downie is that has like that lava stuff in it, that chocolate.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 1: Like a fudge Brownie shirt that's not fudge. Fudge is disgusting. It's like mark almost it's just sugar.
Speaker 2: So it's like, can't be bad. Yeah, I don't think Like when Crystal b like it is a milkshake and he's like, that's a bad milkshake. I'm just I've said this before, but how could it be had unless the milk has gone bad? It is sugar and milk, like it's cream and sugar. Can't you can't it can't be bad?
Speaker 1: Isn't that what they're how many bad ice creams? I don't believe it too sugary or okay, not.
Speaker 2: Sugar, I know, I am.
Speaker 3: I do not like when it's too sugary. And also sometimes salt and straw, which is a chain in LA. They come up with crazy flavors like turkey or something that's.
Speaker 2: Just for press. Yeah, you know, I one time did there was a yogurt store, you know, when I was fifteen handles, sixteen handled places, and they had Irish No, no, it was Guinness flavor for like it was the month of Kiff for celebrate Kif, and so I I was just had just quit drinking, and my whole life motto was that people don't really like the taste of alcohol. It's a lie. Like if if it didn't get you drunk, no one would be like, oh I love guinness, and people are like, no, I love the taste of beer. If it didn't get you fucked up, it's disgusted. You're so like, it doesn't taste good. Maybe you're used to it. Same with coffee. Coffee doesn't naturally taste good. You're addicted to the way it makes you feel, and so it makes you think you like the taste and you actually do, but it doesn't taste good. The kids aren't like I love hops, you know, like whatever kid is naturally like interested in eating is generally something that's like good and not based on something that you have like a mental hook around. So my point is I went up to the guy at sixteen handles, I go, how much of this, uh, this are you selling? And it was alcohol like it was it was an alcoholic but it tastes like in is and he goes, oh, non, it's just people just sample it. No one gets it, And I go, of course, because it's not good. But how many of those people are like how many people are like Guinness is my favorite drink. Why wouldn't you like that as an ice cream?
Speaker 1: Then?
Speaker 2: Oh, because ice cream is not getting you fucked up? So it proved my point and I felt so victorious.
Speaker 3: What is yours alcohol? In any They put it in cakes, They put it like a rum cake, the little chocolate. There's a little chocolate that have like a little bit of liquor in them. I don't like that either.
Speaker 2: No, it's so people can get fucked up. People want excuses to have alcohol, but alcohol, inherently in and of itself, is a poison and does not taste good. That's why it is loaded with sugar. It's just the point of it. And it's okay that you like it because it makes you feel different. I like everything that makes me feel different. It is a problem in my life, so it's not a bad thing that you like it because of that. But don't convince yourself you like the taste. It's it's your mind playing a trick on you, which is fine, it's kind of.
Speaker 3: Cool, but okay that I don't keep already that people like, Okay, one of them is, so let's just throw those on the list. French fries. I don't need French fries.
Speaker 2: Okay, well do not eat them because you don't. I don't need me neither. Fried food was my answer.
Speaker 3: I saw your answer.
Speaker 2: No, it's okay, we are, But why do you not eat fried food? Do you not like the taste?
Speaker 3: It makes me feel the taste, I mean exactly fucking good. I could eat them all day, but it makes me feel like shit. Yes, I feel greasy and grimy, and then I can't move, and then and then I and then my face gets.
Speaker 2: This is mental for sure, because it doesn't have this much of an effect then it does. You have like an allergic reaction to the idea of what it could be doing to you long term possible.
Speaker 3: I'm getting better at it. I'm actually getting better at eating some fry too.
Speaker 2: Well. Wow, I'm trying, because you know what, it's still it's delicious, and in small quantities you can have a little fun, you know, like I used to go no no to everything, Like I'm so I'm so out of control that if I have one fry, I will have to have all of them. Or if I have one piece of pizza, I have to have all of it. If I have one bite of pasta, I have to have all of it. And so I still have those where I'm cut off from it because I don't trust myself around it. But fried foods, I've been testing those limits and being like, I'm just gonna let myself because it's if I order something and I don't know you get it all the time you order something and it's fried and you're like fuck, you's like pick off the fry. You get it? Oh my god, Yes, just let yourself have a couple of them and pick off the rest, but enjoy it because it's so fucking good.
Speaker 3: I mean, there's sometimes it gets snuck into sushi, like.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm like, Popsie didn't know.
Speaker 3: For me because of my mental craziness. If I order sushi and then it's tempura and then I eat it and I didn't know, then I get all those weird symptoms or I'm like, I feel greasy and like shit. There was one time I was at your house. One of the worst reactions they ever had to feed was back in twenty seventeen or something. We ordered euros from a euro place. Yes, and I ordered the chicken salad, and I didn't know this about euro meat. But basically, you know when you see like the spinning meat on a stick that is not meat, it is barely meat. I went on the internet and I looked up what actually is that, and it is ninety percent fillers. Some of them have literal sawdust in them, and they all come from three distributors. Like every time you're like, oh, look at this europlace, this unique, authentic Greek europlace. If they have that spinning meat, they're probably getting it from one of three distributors, and it's probably filled with sawdust and preservatives and it's probably like five percent meat.
Speaker 2: So I guess that's what che told me about those places and Subway. They're like, you can if you're a vegetarian, you can eat there because there's no meat, it was.
Speaker 1: And their bread is made of yoga mats.
Speaker 3: Yes, there's a plastic, yeah, for sure, that's said.
Speaker 2: We eat a credit card of plastic every week, each of us in our diets. My dad said he prefers American Express. Picture. That's he's a joke. That was pretty good. Credit card. Yeah, it's cute communion. Okay, so fried food.
Speaker 3: Well, I was at your house and I ate the chicken you made the chicken okay with that chicken meat, I ate it and then I felt like shit. I felt so shitty that it was like I left your house at like eleven thirty PM and I went running for an hour outside because I was like, I need to get this out of my body and I couldn't get it out. I haven't had a reaction like that and quite some time.
Speaker 2: So glad because you are in a good relationship that keeps your head on.
Speaker 3: Like on, but I haven't had euromeat since I have.
Speaker 2: Now, could Ali stop you out of one of those tailspins? Like let's say you went out with your boys or something and you ate some of that meat and then you get home and you're freaking out. Would Ali go, yeah, go for a run or is that a part of your She must help with some of these anxieties.
Speaker 3: There's nothing she can do. In fact, she can only make it worse.
Speaker 2: I mean somewhere with that.
Speaker 3: She could frustrate me and say like things that make me man, But no, the only thing I can do are my little rounds that I do in my little room, in the round little rounds, well I have.
Speaker 2: Are you a nurse in a psych what's happening?
Speaker 3: I have to have.
Speaker 2: My cookie and around, yeah, and do my nurse rounds and that's the only one thing makes me feel better.
Speaker 3: But no, there's I do this things. D n r S is a program I do to help with my psychosomatic symptoms. And they think these things called rounds where it's the dumbest thing ever, but it works. But literally, you're in your room and you do these you basically like do these hand movements and then you start associating positive memories. It's more like, have you ever heard of NLP like neural linguistic programming.
Speaker 1: In a cult before?
Speaker 3: Yes? Uh so it's like that. It's it's a lot like a cult, but there's actually a positive benefit to it. It's cool. Yeah, if anyone's happened, as if anybody has psychosomatic issues. I I joined the d n r S program because of a really charismatic leader who wanted to put me in a harem. But after that, I don't just kidd it, I just kidding. I joined the DNRS program because I had multiple chemical sensitivities. I couldn't smell different cleaners and stuff.
Speaker 2: And yes, he could be walking on the street and there was like this little scent of like a detergent in the air. He would have chronic pain that would almost like paralyze him in pain. Right, And you couldn't go outside, Yeah, he couldn't go outside. He couldn't. Like it was keeping him inside and scared to like go out in public because it's perfume or something like. It was crippling for you. Right.
Speaker 3: It started because I got a brand new car and the new car smell made me go insane. And and and I learned later that it was associated with extreme anxiety. But I could I had to sell that car if I bought the car brand new, and then I had to sell it right away, which was like a huge loss of money because I couldn't drive it.
Speaker 2: Couldn't drive it, and we know it loses its value when you drive it off the long and drive stinky. So it was in the It's almost like when you pulled a geographical like where you were like you got rid of the car, think the car was a problem, but it oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah it was.
Speaker 2: It wasn't the problem.
Speaker 3: And I went on, I did all this research. I went on a spiral like there must be chemicals in the car, and I got really mad at the car manufacturers and for the whole world, like how could you drive in cars like this? You're poisoning our bodies. So after you get over that phase where you're like mad at the world for having chemicals in it, then you start to realize that this is a me problem. Have you ever seen better call Saul?
Speaker 1: Yes, I was thinking of his brother.
Speaker 3: So his brother in Better call Sauw has an electromagnetic hypersensitivityh yeah, I mean I was literally singing that in my head and he has that and he killed himself, and a lot of people do kill himself. Yeah, they don't understand why it's happening, and it's just a torturous existence.
Speaker 2: And the thing is, it's like it sucks so much that the antswer the the diagnosis is it's like it's it's you, because the thing is, it isn't you, Like, no matter what, no matter what it is going on in you, you don't have control over that. So you can still look at it as something that is like happening to you that you are not the person creating this, because you're not. But because we associate with like it's in your head, that seems like then you have control over it, So why are you doing it a fucking crazy person? And it's just it is as just as you're just as a victim to your brain doing that with anxiety, as you are to the world having chemicals in it, if that were true, like what you know what I mean, Like we we look outside ourselves to be like it's your fault, but the fact that it's happening in our head is also not our fault. So like, but that's the struggle with that stuff is because then you have to address that you've to accept you are, like I guess crazy, But then you have to also accept that it's not your fault that you're crazy.
Speaker 3: And then well as your subconscious mind, which acts on its own.
Speaker 2: But you you have no control over.
Speaker 3: Right, because the traumatic storm of trauma that creates your symptoms you didn't have control over. Yes, but what you do have control over is how you react to things. Actually don't but.
Speaker 2: Yes, but yes, you're right, what your conscious brain can do, and then retraining your subconscious brain to get the right messaging that like, hey, when we smell this thing, it's not that happening, and now we know that because we've been printed it. They were talking about in this book that the book I'm reading, or maybe it was a video I was watching about the book. It's like if you wrote something on a piece of paper and you wrote it like no one loves Me, and you wrote it over and over, just scratched over the same thing over and over, that imprint would be so strong and it would take so much longer to erase it than anything else. But that is what you have to do. You can erase it, but you have to like the erase has to be doing it so much more. We talked about this so much, but that's just another kind of like analogy to understand, like your subconscious brain is like so susceptible to so much bad messaging from you. It's so hard once I know I'm out of control with my negative thinking, and I'm like, stop doing it, because your self conscious brain is a baby that is listening and you are shaping it to be what it's going to be when it grows up.
Speaker 3: Yes, example, Yeah, well you know the Taylor Swift song that you were singing. I have a Radiohead song that I sing.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: That's the same message, which is you ever hear this song? You do it to yourself?
Speaker 4: You do?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it really hurts. That's how I sing that all the time to myself when I'm thinking this stuff.
Speaker 2: But yeah, you go messaging you're not doing it to yourself.
Speaker 3: That's why I'm really down and I'm like I hate myself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when you want to depress it.
Speaker 3: It's like it's my fault. I'm doing it to me.
Speaker 2: You gotta get you, that's but Brian, that is the key to getting over this. And I know you know that is like not associating that with it. But I but I do understand. I'm such I'm so guilty of like loving to listen to a song that like punishes me.
Speaker 3: Yesh Yes, I have a whole playlist on Spotify of positive song that you know, like Sunny Side of the Street, And what really gets me through a lot is ren and Simpley's Happy Happy Joy Joy You heard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was fun and the log song that would everyone needs a log that was so good.
Speaker 3: Really, if you want to retrain your subconscious mind, you have to be like a psychopath happy person.
Speaker 2: You have to be so happy, and you have to be really enthusiastic about the things you want, so like if what you want. There's all these videos I watched about it, but it's not I'm excited about what I'm trying to imprint on my subconscious brain, which is I'm a great singer and I have I'm a songwriter, and I have a story to tell that some day is going to come out. So that's or that can come out that is locked inside me. That's the story I'm trying to tell myself. And one of those steps to getting your subconscious brain to think that is not only to say that to yourself a lot, but like to be really excited about this thing and kind of obsessed with it, and they give steps on how to like because sometimes the thing you want to imprint you're not really that obsessed with, so they teach you ways to convince your mind that you are obsessed with it. But I'm I'm glad because the thing I want to imprint, I'm already obsessed with in thinking about constantly, So my brain right now is thinking about stuff I'm like thinking about singing or is processing some kind of song I was working on before, because I know it is because that's all I want to fucking do when I'm not doing anything else. So it's stuff like that. But there are tools that if the things you want to achieve are not things you're obsessed with, how to trick your mind. It's so fascinating.
Speaker 3: Your conscious mind is the manager and you can assign your subconscious to do some work while you're even asleep.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's so cool, and I wish I wouldn't have I would have learned about this before I was thirty nine. I really do. Like, if you're young out there and you have this, like, don't sit on this, like just start exploring it because it is real. I was talking to someone about manifestation and they were like, you know, I don't believe in it, but everyone I know who's super into it, it kind of works for them. And that just maybe people reporting only the good that happens. No one's going to say I did the secret and it didn't work. It's like it's embarrassing to admit you fail. So it could be you know, confirmation bias or whatever, but there's something to it, and I wish I would have gotten into it sooner and not like laughed at Jim Carrey and his million dollar check he wrote himself or whatever the fuck.
Speaker 1: And I just feel like gen Z is ahead of the curve. My sister and I play this game where she calls it like geriatric or eleven year old because she thinks that like gen Z dresses like they're eighty. So she'll often send me pictures of a person on the train and be like, guess how old this person is? Are they eighty one or are they eleven? And you can't tell. They have like big white sneakers of big mom jeans, and.
Speaker 2: That's so true, and I was like, Swift.
Speaker 1: I'm going to guess eleven on this person, and then she sent me the full picture and it was it was definitely like someone who's probably thirty but looks eleven, and they were I mean, she really they look so young and they're reading a book about getting sober. I mean, this person doesn't have a wrinkle on their face. They just have like a cherubic face. And I'm like, well, like a close sobriety. I know, I think it's so great.
Speaker 2: Who was I just talking to that? I was like, did you Oh, a friend of mine got so He went to like rehab when he was like twelve or something, and it's just so interesting. I remember Jim Norton got sober really early. Mulaney did and then had relapsed, but I mean he got sober really early as well and was a big influence on me. That's Taylor Swift has been. Her newest outfit that she's been spotted out in is one of my favorites of all time. She looks like a postal worker, like one hundred, like sexy, but like she's not, you know, she has a song vigilante shit that's like, you know, I don't dress for women or for innocence lately, I've been dressing for revenge and she is dressing just for herself. Like I think for a while it was like, Oh, what's gonna project that I'm in my single girl era or what's gonna And it's just the alfit she wore the other day. We should put it up if you can find it. Noah, it's like she was walking into Electric Lady Studios, which is where they always snap a picture of her. But I wanted to talk about Taylor Swift her latest announcement during the Saturday Night Minnesota Show, which we were in the Minneapolis show on Friday night. Saturday night, she had a big announcement. Oh wait, let's look at this picture.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so accurate. God, cute little navy baseball cape oversized white button down and then a cute little mini with.
Speaker 2: Pleats, many in light blue, dark blue hat like pin striped white oversized shirt. And then what kind of shoes are those?
Speaker 1: We're almost like creepers or dogs. Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: And then she has her socks are like frilly and pulled up just to her ankle, and.
Speaker 1: She just looks so perfect and I love this looks so much.
Speaker 2: But she just set it her constantle that off, by the way, I think so of her. And so I was at her show on Friday with Noah. But on Saturday BEFO where we talk about Friday, she made an announcement that you know, her Speak Now album is coming out, the re release, and she would not she would like if everyone kind of left alone the people she wrote those songs about when she was eighteen or nineteen, to not like bring this shit up again, and that she is and the way she said it. Noah, do you have the quote of what she said. I haven't because I really loved what she said. As she introed the song as well, she.
Speaker 4: Goes, I'm not putting this album out so that you should feel the need to defend me. We have all grown up. We're good, and then she said and then she performed Dear John.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but before she performed Dear John, which is about John mayor we all know it, and dear John is it's not because it's called dear John. Dear John is like a type of letter that people don't know the double meaning of the song title, and they think that she just wrote a song called Dear John, but it's you know, it's double there's.
Speaker 4: A a TV show and it would start off with I think it was called Dear John.
Speaker 2: There was like a whole song, Yeah, Dear John letter is it's like a letter you write to someone when you're like breaking up with them. I think forget like the connotation of it. But yeah, so it's so good, it's the best. It's one of her best songs ever. And it's like one that Swifty is like just you know, have a lot of affection for because it's just one with a lot of like anger and feelings and that up and it's up there with all too well. So we've been dying for her to do it for a secret song, which is one of the two songs she plays during the show that she is not in the setlist, and she hasn't. But she made this announcement because people went so hard on Jake John Hall with the re release of Red. They went, we didn't I don't even know what they did the first time because I wasn't a Swifty, but like, I didn't go hard on them the second time, but I witnessed how mean everyone was and how you know, just his instagram is littered with Swifties just I mean, it's an Army, you know that is sicked on you and it's and it's now she's re releasing this album and so there's a song Dear John on that album and she said before she's saying, she was like, and and now, and I'm only saying this because I'm about to sing a song because I like the song, not for any other reason. It was the way she said, it's way more eloquent. And she's like, so I'm gonna play Dear John, and it was like yes, and she goes, the only reason I'm playing this is because I'm proud of this song. I'm going to play Dear John. And then that's how she said it. It was like perfect, because like that would suck if I wanted to talk about something or if like you wanted to write a song about someone and then they like everyone a tacks that person. But then the Onion had a really funny funny post about like, oh God, because I because I was thinking, like there's a part of me that thought she could have done this during the Jake Jillenhall thing, like she had this capability the whole time to be like to sick her fans off of people, but she chose not to during Red and I would say, if I really knew to like Taylor, if you're if you're watching, I know that it just occurred to you to do it, and you would have done it then too, because you don't give a fuck about him either. But there was a part of me that was like, uh, you know what, I don't really care about John Mayer, like he doesn't. I'm not mad at him anymore. Can you just like not be that mean to him? But like this other guy, I'm just gonna hush hush on this one.
Speaker 1: I wonder if it has anything to do with John Mayer saying that thing about like I felt terrible when I found out that song was outit about me?
Speaker 2: Did he say that, Yeah?
Speaker 1: He was like it was a visser, like I felt absolutely awful.
Speaker 2: I think she said complished.
Speaker 1: I don't trust my memories anymore.
Speaker 2: Yesterday is accomplished. That's all she would ever want. The thing is, by the way, Taylor Swift did want to communicate to these men in these songs, I've written jokes about men that I've wanted to hurt and let know how much they hurt me. And but the thing is, she already did it so at the time she absolutely fucking I think she mentioned something about him writing to her, and she's like, and sometimes they send you really long emails that are a little too late, and it was like something like she was not having it, but uh, you know, whoever aside, I'm just saying, like, sometimes it's very cathartic as a as a girl who's been hurt to take it out in your act, and you do want to hurt them. You do not hurt them, but you just well you do. You want them to feel the way you felt. And it's childish. And that's why she said, I'm thirty three now, I'm grown up. I don't need you to do this anymore, you know. And I already did it back when it mattered to me. Yeah, I really liked it. But Noah, let's talk about how about you go to lak first. Okay, let's go to break first, and then we'll talk about Taylors because you've been mighty quiet and I need you to because you're swift. Now you need to be chiming into all Taylor talk. And we'll talk about that right when we get back. We're back. Oh my gosh, Noah, can you can you tell us about your because I've done this now seven times. Is my seventh Taylor Swift show? Do you want to walk us through? Okay?
Speaker 4: So I have seen the light on Taylor Swift thanks to Nikki, my Taylor Swift shaman. He was the perfect person to go see Taylor Swift with because she like, for a person with anxiety or like social anxiety, I need to know everything that's about to happen, what to expect, And man, did NICKI know every single.
Speaker 2: I wish I would have had it for myself. That is, I'm the same way, and so I was giving to you what I wish people could give me before I went to my first Roe.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's like watching The Wolf of Wall Street next to Scorsese during the director's cut and he's like, all right, here's a scene where Leo.
Speaker 2: I have memorized. Now I did it. I went through the show the other day in my head, and I think I had half the show. I think it was half the show I could get through before I fucked up one of the songs in the order, like I have the forty six songs in a row memorized in the order and just naturally not from trying. It's not just the order of the show.
Speaker 4: Like Nicki knew the choreography, she knew which part of the stage Taylor would be at.
Speaker 2: We had literally front row.
Speaker 4: We were on the barricade, and it so like her stage, I guess is shaped like a capital eye, so we were at the like the head of the eye, like on the shin Yes. And for the secret song. Okay, So Nikki let me know that the secret song is coming up and she goes capo on the fourth front Cornelia Street.
Speaker 2: Well, because she said it was from Lover and from our angle, I didn't have a clear indication of her guitar, so to me, it looked like it was on the fourth front, but I think it was on the second. It was on the second and it ended up being uh, paper Rings, and which I was excited about. But when I found out she played Dear John the next night, I was like, why do I keep getting robbed of my favorite songs? Every time I go It's like, okay, and hits different. That was her special song when we were up in the fucking thing, That's one of my favorite songs. And I was just like, ah, I wish I was down there, so I'm happy that I get to go anytime. But yes, it's it was, it was, it was magical, it was it keeps getting better. People would think that after seven times, I would think, even as a swifty, after seven times, I would be bored. I am. I don't sit down even one time. I have not had to go to the bathroom even once during the whole show seven times, which I would never have guessed because I go pee all the time and I'm not holding it and I've just you can. I've If you want any tips going to airs, If you have any questions for me, please DM me and I will have whatever concern you're having, whatever freak out, I will help you. The only thing I can't help you with is getting tickets. I have no insight into that. I paid thirteen thousand dollars for two front row seats at one point and now I have a hookup and I deserve it because I've worked very hard, and please don't come at me. I would hate me too. If I were a swifty who like couldn't afford tickets or couldn't find a way in, I would fucking hate me.
Speaker 4: I get it, they but I should not await me because I'm not that big of a swifty.
Speaker 2: I'm just like entering that world. No, it's if you're not as swifty and you get a chance to go, do not feel bad that you don't know all the lyrics and you aren't just oh, you know every transition, you know, every little easter egg and every little thing to shout out like no I was telling Noah, like, no one cares, no we all it's the most like loving atmosphere. And yes there are some girls that are like, I'm a bigger swifty than you and kind of having that attitude, but by and large, no one gives a shit and everyone kind of I've realized, for the most part, not everyone. Most people don't know every single song that are that are there, So don't worry.
Speaker 1: Were you anxious about Noah.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean it was very intimidating. I mean this is like a stadium full of like hardcore fans I brought. It was just like kind of like Nikki texted me on Thursday, the show was on Friday, so like I didn't really have time to plan an outt or anything. So you know, just like the whole like rush of it. I like to prepare and to think about. But it was actually better that I didn't because it was so funny. When I got to Minneapolis, it's kind of like a like a very like gray, single toned city, but all of a sudden, on every corner you see these like sparkles and hot pink and like a glistening cowboy hat and all these like swifties are slowly starting to emerge in the streets the closer you get to the stadium, and it was really cool. It really reminded me, I guess, of like what people who are fans of wrestling are like. It's like the wrestle Mania of pop concerts.
Speaker 2: That was awesome. When you said that, I was like, Oh, that's cool, and now I see the appeal of that thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because it's like it's something that like only you and the people in this universe understand the obsession. Yes, and it's very friendly. I liked how when we were going up to the stadium before security, the whole thing was secure party. All all the girls are like.
Speaker 2: Can you take my picture? Can you take our picture?
Speaker 4: And you're like, oh, this is like a common thing in swifty world. You take each other's pictures.
Speaker 2: Yeah, get some cops take our picture. They were really nice.
Speaker 3: Nick.
Speaker 4: You asked a cop who looked and sounded exactly like Bill Burr.
Speaker 2: To take our picture. Yes, it was like a Minnesota and Bill Burr. I love those pictures.
Speaker 1: You guys looked so cute and you were so into it. And Noah, you seem to know a lot of the lyrics.
Speaker 4: Well, Niki. Okay, So nick challenged me to do the Cruel Summer thing Bridge Bridge.
Speaker 1: I saw that that's a hard one.
Speaker 2: And it was so hard. Okay, first of all, because it's such a uniting moment to learn one thing. That's the thing you got to learn.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and NICKI said that like all the Swifties like they love the Bridges, and especially when Taylor addresses the hometown and asks them to sing. Now, I didn't realize that was gonna be the first song. So and it was like it was like immediate right away, and I was like, what it's now. I could barely get the sound.
Speaker 2: I put you on the spot.
Speaker 4: With me because the video to me was like the two people doing it. But I couldn't shit, Sorry, girl, I wasn't at the point where the concert sound was being processed fully in my head, so I couldn't really hear what she was saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was not a perfect intro. You'll get a second chance.
Speaker 1: When you're in the front row. How's the audio?
Speaker 4: At first, it was it was pretty hard to understand because the sound was just kind of like bouncing off the different size of the stadium. But eventually I got used to it and I was able to hear what she was saying. So she had to hear her speak almost, but it's okay because Nikki knew exactly what she was going to say.
Speaker 2: So, you know, I was like, right now, she's telling us that she feels powerful, that she feels amazing, and that she's kind of different everything I'm trying to say, you're making me feel like I'm the man. I would be complex, Like I know all of her.
Speaker 1: Little Bandit is it the same every night, the banter or roughly the same.
Speaker 2: It's it's it's roughly the same, but she has moments. She gives a lot of unique moments. But it's yeah, after you know, Champaign problems, there's always a time where ever every town we've just and she didn't start this, but it's like a time where everyone just like claps their head off, and it's about you know, probably seven songs, six songs in, and so everyone is finally just ready to like give her just a huge thing. And it goes on every town like tries to beat each other and how long they can applaud. But she cut us off in Minnesota, like it could have kept as long as she like looks around and goes oh and like and she's like yeah, and sometimes she cries like she lets it in. It's a really great moment, so fun to be a part of it. But you could tell she was just like, we need to keep this show going. And I could like, it's it's and she was just like, guys, and she like she knows how to She just knows how to work crowd and like make I knew as a performer what she was doing was moving the show along, but I don't think most people would realize that that's it.
Speaker 4: And so why it was so cool to see it with you because you understood it on that level. If I had gone on my own or with like another friend, I wouldn't have experienced it.
Speaker 3: Though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's like a maestro, She's she knows And then she was doing kind of fun things where she was like over here and like pointing, and they was like and that was really fun and she'd never done that before, but it was.
Speaker 3: There are certain bands that cultivate a culture around the concert, Like you went to go see Dave. Dave's got a huge culture culture. Yes, that where all the fans act the same societally, and they have traditions that they all do, like fish the same way. Sounds like Taylor Swifts the Dead the Dead wrestling, And I was just wondering if there's it's so important to garner a fan base that's like a lifelong, diehard fan base that'll follow you anywhere. And I was just wondering if there was anything that could happen at a Nicky Glazer show.
Speaker 2: You know, someone was like crazy. Someone wore to thank you so much for that question. Honestly, so good because it does remind me. There was a girl that came to my show and she was dressed in all pink and she was really dressed up and she was like, I had to wear She was like, I'm wearing pink for Nicki Glazer And she was like and and I go, you look amazing. She was like, I have no where to wear this too, and like it seemed like this is the night to wear it. I was like, fuck yeah, Like I would love if there was a thing where people like dressed up for my show and like whatever, I wish there was, like I had more of a theme, Like I'm leading that though you always call back to the tack.
Speaker 4: You, I think you do kind of cultivate that because you always get dressed up in these like really cool outfits on stage you and Anya both do, and I have noticed that in your audience now the audience members are kind of picking up on it too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that sets the dress code, is like what the performer wears. So but I gotta say, I think I'm going to start switching to like nice things and then like sneakers. So that's because my feet are killing me and I kind of want to move around more. But I say that, but who knows what I'll really do. But yeah, that's a great tack you gave me.
Speaker 3: How does Taylor Swift fans know what to do? How did the Dave fans know what to do? Like, how does it happen? Did they say something at some point or the.
Speaker 2: Other definitely says stuff and like and the way we dressed, the way she dresses.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: I don't know about the Dave fans though.
Speaker 1: But when did it start during Era's tour prior to No.
Speaker 2: Because people are dressing down. No, people have been dressing up for Taylor sushows. When I went to Red in twenty thirteen, we like took took notice of what we were wearing, and like when I got there, it was like, oh, we came underdressed, you know, like we tried to dressed and.
Speaker 1: It like her though, because that's what I think you dressed.
Speaker 2: In the era like it's she is. Yeah, like the when it was the Red Tour, you just like wear red or whatever. When it was nineteen eighty nine, you're kind of like dressing like the aesthetic that she puts out in the album and what there were here appearances she's made so far, I think you know, who knows, but I think Eras really brought it out where it's like it's Halloween.
Speaker 1: I think on the message boards, like Fish has huge message boards, same with Dave Matthews. So people probably wear house talk about you got about membership.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was called the Warehouse. Yeah. I always wanted to membership, and I never did. Can someone from the warehouse please give me an honorary membership. I've been dying for one since two thousand. So yeah, it was yeah, go ahead, no you. So I was gonna say.
Speaker 4: Another thing was our I could not believe like what it was like, what it felt like seeing Taylor Swift literally within arms reach. Yeah, she came to our side of the stage. I think it was twice where she was like really like stopping.
Speaker 2: In front of the three times. Actually yes, three times.
Speaker 4: I could see like the glow of the light on her, like beautiful little peach fuzz on her skin.
Speaker 2: I know I saw her. She had hair on her arms and I was like, I want to hair on my arms, like she had like blonde hair, and I was shaved mine and I was like, I'm growing mine back. I loved because I could see the follicle and I'm like, I'm having an insider look right now into something that she has that no one unless you get this close to her, you were not seeing this in photos because it's all buffered out and over you know, lighted or overlt. She was taller, she has a bruise on her she has a bruise on this arm. Wait, this one right here that I want so bad and it doesn't go away. It's like a permanent, like little like purple bruise that looks awesome, and I want one so bad. I've been banging my elbow on everything.
Speaker 4: So another thing I noticed about Taylor is I believe that she does the same thing that Nikki Glazer does. When she looks in the audience, she blurs her eyes. She was, oh, really blurs her eyes.
Speaker 2: I agree. I think that Taylor has my blur effect. She knows what she the blur effect. I don't know that she blurs her eyes, but I do. What I do know is that she has the same results from what I do, which is blur in my eyes, that she does, which is she's not making actual eye contact with anyone because it is very very distracting to make eye contact during performance for me at least, and it is very very difficult to make eye contact with the Taylor sweft. Did I've tried? I was gonna say, no, no, no, I really anytime she comes. Let me just say, anytime she ever walks over. I am standing very still with my camera pressed against my chest, which is the same camera case that she or phone case that she has the same. So I'm sure she's like, if anything's gonna catch her ey, it's gonna be like this pitch has my phone. But I like, someone found like a picture of her taking a picture and they saw in the image on the mirror that her phone case was this thing. So I bought it and if you want to see it, I'm holding it up now.
Speaker 3: But so I just.
Speaker 2: Hold it to my chest like this, and I'm very still, and i just look up and I'm just like and I'm singing the words, but I'm shrinking because I don't want her to look at me because it will be distracting, because she'll maybe be like, isn't that a girl Like I just don't want to distract her at all because she has a performance to do. I'm out of the way. I do not want her to like see me and like, oh my god, she's like I am the opposite of that. I even was told that possibly during the Chicago week that I was going to have a chance to meet her, and I had told everyone before the show, if the chance comes up, I'm all preparing you. Now I'm turning it down and I'm in. Therefore, you will all have it not a chance to meet her too, because you probably come with me otherwise. But we are not meeting her. I am not meeting her like this. I can't do it. I don't want to be in her way. She has to rest. She is doing too many shows. So but Noah, at one point, the one time though that I would accidentally make eye contact. I was like setting down my camera and I came back up and Noah goes. She just looked at me.
Speaker 4: I was like, Oh, I swear to God, you know I believe you. She okay, So she was on like the shaft part of the eye. I don't know what the yeah, you know what I mean, and like when you say shaft, and she was doing that thing where she like looks over the audience, but she looked into our section, and I swear to God, for like a split second, she made eye contact with me, and I just froze.
Speaker 2: I was like, and then it was done.
Speaker 3: Yes, She was like, is that nier.
Speaker 2: Nikki left?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 2: As soon as I turned my bag, this bitch heads to the bathroom.
Speaker 3: How do you what is that? Even? How do you do that?
Speaker 2: Let me just do it right, now okay, I'm looking ato the camera and I'm blurwing my eyes. I just I just unfocused them. So nothing. I don't know. You'd have to look at the YouTube to see if my eyes are changing at all. Okay, I'm not blurring them. I'm totally so someone watching on YouTube, I'm not blurring them looking into my single, let's zoom in. Okay, and now I'm gonna blurw my eyes blurred? Anything changed? Did my pupils change? I don't know.
Speaker 4: We'll have to say it's like you're looking through someone, like beyond them paste.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: But I can straight up blur like I can be looking at a screen like in a movie and it's if it's a really scary scene coming up, I can make it so blurred that I could never it would just be blops in shape.
Speaker 1: Start crossing your eyes, Brian, I can't do it.
Speaker 3: It's a it's a great regret of mine. I can't do it.
Speaker 2: Some people can't. Can you whistle? Some people can't whistle.
Speaker 3: I can whistle. I can whistle.
Speaker 2: I can't do lip trills because I got too much stuff in my lips.
Speaker 1: No, that's a lip trill.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's hard. To do.
Speaker 1: I can't it at all.
Speaker 2: It's because and I'm supposed to do them up to like a high fucking sea and it's impossible. But okay, so you can't cross your eyes? Can you guys not do anything cool?
Speaker 1: I can do this hold on one, yeah, the double to that's I've always wanted that one.
Speaker 2: I only have the single one. I can cross my hands behind, not cross my hands, but I can like do prayer hands behind my back pretty high.
Speaker 1: But you guys can do that weird dance like lost thing. I can't floss.
Speaker 2: You can do it if it just takes brass practice.
Speaker 1: No, I can't.
Speaker 3: What is you can't floss? What do you mean?
Speaker 1: Like it's a dance?
Speaker 2: This dance?
Speaker 1: Oh, Nicky can do it?
Speaker 2: Hold on you go wait, oh my god, I'll be able to do it. So sorry that my head's hold on that that that wait, oh this is so embarrassing that that that that there? You go, okay fast, I can't. I lost it.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't do that even with practicing like this is like rubbing your belly and.
Speaker 1: Okay, you have another dance to this.
Speaker 2: I worked fourteen hours to get that good at flossing. I did I had to work at it, like I remember, and once you get it, you can I can't see.
Speaker 1: You rubbing your belly, Brian, but I can't see you hitting your head.
Speaker 3: That's really easy for me.
Speaker 2: I don't know why to do that, to rub your stomach and hit your head at it. That's good. Oh you could be from piano.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I used to.
Speaker 2: Oh that's interesting.
Speaker 3: You do the Charleston no crossing your legs and things and you don't feel.
Speaker 2: Where you're like like that. That would be cool to be able to do.
Speaker 3: Your knees are uh making you're making an X with your arms then unfolding the X of your arms.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, I can do that. But I was said that there was no group dancing at Brand's wedding. He forbid it. He wanted to be no song that was like down down, bugging, down, bugging, none of that.
Speaker 3: Played Joe for five seconds.
Speaker 2: People tried there were I almost learned it from the guy that was doing it in front of me. I was like, oh, this is a fun dance and I can learn this. So he he was on like his fourth repetition and I was about to start trying. I was like trying to get it down and then and then you were like, move on to Taylor Swift, slow.
Speaker 3: Jane, you butchers, shake it off please instead of this get freaked out by group dances I don't like. I don't like I'm going to get some food and then I turn around and everyone's been taken over by robots or something. I don't like that. I don't like seeing everyone, I mean the same thing. It freaks me out.
Speaker 2: I bet if you got in it and learned it, you would have fun. Have you ever done the electric slide or where you did you get electrocuted as a kid? What happened to you? Final thought?
Speaker 3: I've I've done the electric slide before, and I just I just don't like it, no matter how much everyone is having a good time.
Speaker 2: Can you Is it because you can't learn it or you do get it down and you still don't like it because when you get in that groove, oh man, it's so fun to be dancing with other people, to feel like a connection with everyone moving at the same time.
Speaker 3: I don't know why it freaks me out.
Speaker 2: I just maybe it's kind of like a Nazi march, Like you don't like that, like the idea of like just people walking in or like moving together.
Speaker 3: The electric slide is the Chachas Slide.
Speaker 2: I love that. That's a down down boogie damn boogie. That one.
Speaker 3: It has that weird song of be You Go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's that would country dancing. Yeah, that's the It just looks so smooth.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't mind. I wouldn't mind it was more complex. I just don't like the.
Speaker 2: The simplicity of it. That's what I'm saying. If you love the y m c A and do you love it because you get to do the y m CEO, I.
Speaker 3: Love it because the beat is so good that you can't dance to it.
Speaker 2: Okay, we need to find other songs that have this beat and see if you like them, Like.
Speaker 3: There is another one man?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah yeah, okay, so good.
Speaker 2: What is your favorite song, Brian, what is your like? Let's like get it into some of your favorite songs. I just you know, just like if you are like, let's say you're going to walk to go play basketball and you just want to get in a mood that will get you kind of like feeling physically good and and mentally happy, like a good happy song.
Speaker 3: Oh, a good happy song.
Speaker 2: Just like you're walking outside and you're just like feeling it and you can kind of maybe have a skip in your step.
Speaker 3: When I run. I listened to like really intense rap music and then when I am trying to be happy, it changes all the time. But you know, lately I've been listening to You make me feel like dancing over and over again.
Speaker 1: What is that?
Speaker 3: Leo Sayers? Is not a one hit? Wonder about it? Close? You make me feel like dancing and dancing time?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I like that one.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, is that seventies?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I listened to a lot of funk seventies fly yeah, and some new funk.
Speaker 2: I only could ever hear that song outside of a wedding.
Speaker 3: I listened to a lot of songs you'd hear at a wedding.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like I like listening to I loved that thing that they used to do on the street where they would go up to people and ask what they were listening to as they were walking. Oh yeah, it's one of my favorites. I could watch that for hours. Speaking of watching for hours, last night I watched for so way too long. Geo Geo trackers, geotracers, you must know of this Brian where these guys miraculously can take a risk place in the world that you know on Google on Google Maps, you know, like when you start your address and like the image on Google Maps that's kind of like a fish eye lens. They take that, it just places you anywhere in the world, and then they can guess exactly within like miles of where that photo was taken for everywhere in the world. And not only can they do that, they can do it in a blink of an eye where it shows on the screen. The image shows on the screen for point one seconds and these guys can get it within miles.
Speaker 1: Is it like across street?
Speaker 2: No, It's like like imagine if I put into your if I put in Google Image your address and it just showed your street facing one way on your street, like it's in the middle of the street facing this. I swear to God, you don't believe me. It honestly is like But then they had one video where I was watching one of them because a lot of these guys are good at this, and they are like all friends and they all like have videos together, and it's it's actually like this whole commune. I'm getting into this weird YouTube word now of these guys, And it was one Reddit clip that like got me into it. So one of the guys, one of the guys was blindfolded and then the other guy was placed somewhere and then describes the location to the guy just by like what color the road is, what color the dirt is, how much vegetation there is, what do the road signs look like? So what I glean from how they do this is road sign memorization. What color the Google truck is, because in certain countries that'll be like, oh, in Jordan they use black Google trucks, and you can kind of see a little bit of the Google truck in the photo, like a little sliver of it at the bottom. So there's like certain it's all like there's Magic's never magic. There's always like a logic to it. So it's like, but these guys, they've just memorized all this data, these data points about different places, and then it breaks it down into categories. They go, is the sun in the north Okay, so that that has to be below the equator. So I was thinking it was either Sweden or Peru, So it's got to be the Peru city that has that certain type of stop sign, Okay, we're gonna with It's like boom down.
Speaker 3: It's like one of those charts, one of those what are those calls?
Speaker 1: I don't know what.
Speaker 2: You follow it and you eventually get to something. Yeah.
Speaker 3: It's so so impressive because I frequently say, if I'm driving around Indiana and I look at a street, I'm like, this street could be Online Island, where this street could be in Ohio, the street could be in Florida. Except for that one palm tree giving it away like this, every place in America looks exactly the same.
Speaker 1: Comforting to know that places are unique.
Speaker 2: I love it too. It was it sold me on travel a little bit where I was like, oh, this is kind of cool that these guys maybe, but I don't think they've even been to these places. All they do is just sit in their basements and before these videos.
Speaker 1: I have another recommendation for wasting your time a little bit on YouTube. Have you guys watched Doctor Pimple Popper.
Speaker 2: Oh discussing I can't wait watch wet Things only warts what things?
Speaker 3: I don't want anything, I can't I can't stand the name. I don't want to watch it because of the name.
Speaker 2: But if you liked that tread, he would watch it because it's exactly what he's giving you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's so popular, so huge. She takes out like Pomas. Do you know what those are?
Speaker 2: Fatty tissue?
Speaker 3: Yeah, television show? Doesn't she it sound like h she did?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, I've just been watching thousands of like Anya. Go into YouTube and just watch Cis being taken out whatever red like the most, almost the most or something. Yeah, you can't just go it.
Speaker 1: I think it's a way of self torture just a little because the entire time I'm watching, I'm like, this is disgusting.
Speaker 2: So see, I love watching worts. It's never disgusting to me. I'm like, yes, get it out of there, make it fucking like, dig it out. I love it. There's no like, that's.
Speaker 1: Exactly the know is that you should be making when you're like.
Speaker 2: God, I can't wait. I'm begging. I want Chris to get a planner's work so fucking bad because he's the only person that I can get into that will give it to me. But he won't. I know, he won't trust me next to his foot with any I'll be like trying to do some treatment on it, but really what I want for it is to grow bigger so I can fuck with it and like really get it big, and like, oh man, I wish I had one so bad. I would give anything to have. I had one on my foot so long ago, and I always look back and I just am like, man, that word on your toe that was so fun to pick at, and I miss it so much.
Speaker 1: And so it's satisfying to get it out, like you can get the route out.
Speaker 2: Yes, And there's people there's people on Reddit on ward that will just post pictures of the word they pulled out and then the whole and there's there's like probably dozens of us being like.
Speaker 5: Show us the goddamn video where you pulled it out? Why did you skip the best part film it? Cloning out? We were just like and then someone must will be like show us the hole? Where's the hole?
Speaker 2: We're so sick. It's just I'm not alone, though there are We're just like show us and like we wanted them to like scrape it out, pull a joke, a common joke. And the subreddit warts is like, just rip it out because people go there like that are just like first time ward haverers that are like what do I do about my ward? They don't know that there's like a bunch of sickos being like torture it and make it bleed. Like they think we're like there's a lot of people helping people with warts, but there are people like me who have no interest in that, and we want to make them and we're like pull it out with the rusty fliers, like we.
Speaker 1: Just wait, that's the most satisfied.
Speaker 2: Well, that's the joke with everyone makes is a rusty players because it's just like the most disgusting way. But we're just like you just get it, like burn it with fire, like we love torturing it. So I'm not alone and it makes me feel really great. And yeah, so if you're like me, there's there's a place for you, all right, So we.
Speaker 3: Have to go to ask you something there. I was hiking in Utah on the way to the wedding, and there was a thing that made me think of you. It's kind of offensive now, but I was. I saw a big dry rock and it was covered in dirt but it looked like really dry skin and the soil was thick and cracked and you could just peel off. Oh yeah, I was like, I was, I really wanted to peel off all the dirt, and I was like, if Nicky was here, she would want to.
Speaker 2: Should can you not? Because it's like an actual park.
Speaker 3: They say, yeah, well you leave no trace, but like you could pick off dirt.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you should. If you ever get to pick off something, film it for me. Yes, especially if it's like skin and it doesn't.
Speaker 3: Was so big. It was such a huge mound and it was just little scales of dirt. Oh dirt.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 3: And I was like, this needs to be smooth, and I kind of like and Ali was like, we need to leave.
Speaker 2: She's like, go do your rounds. God, all right, we have to go. I'm gonna be in Vegas this weekend with David Spade. Come out and see that show at the Venetian. And there's so many tour dates available right now on Nicki Klaser dot com. This fall. I'm going so many different places. I'm so excited Anya will be there and so get those and listen to the podcast. Keep listening. Thank you so much for us name, We love you so much, and Dobika and dig pick it off from me and film it.
Speaker 3: Mm hm