Speaker 1: Two teas in a pod, which Teddy Mellencamp and Cambridge Edge.
Speaker 2: All right, guys, welcome to another episode of TWATS Flashback, flash Back.
Speaker 3: It makes me a flash dance.
Speaker 1: I've got to say the fact that The Real Housewives of Orange County continued on with what season.
Speaker 2: Are we on right now?
Speaker 1: Cham seventeen seventeen additional seasons after this one is mind blowing.
Speaker 3: You have to keep in mind that it was the very first franchise Bravo knew that they had a hit. It was sold to Bravo, which obviously changed the name. We're supposed to Behind the Gates or something like that, and they changed it. It changed. When I got on, it was really as you have you seen. It's like the girls are all doing their separate things and hanging out with different friends. They're not hanging out really together that much. They didn't even really know each other. And this the first of the third and fourth is like Gina meets Joe, and it's really it's really different. Now.
Speaker 1: The other thing that I find odd is that I when I was watching the show, I thought at different times something was mentally happening to me because they kept playing this background music during the show.
Speaker 3: Oh the porn music.
Speaker 2: As I'm listening to it. Multiple times I had to pause the show because I was like, is someone playing music in my house? Isn't it so weird?
Speaker 3: How about the confessionals? There were no confessionals at that time. It wasn't a green screen. There was no hair and makeup. Literally, they would take you to the side after you were filming and they'd be like, how do you feel about that? How do you feel about that? But one thing that I did notice in one scene where Joe was doing whatever she was doing her little confessional, was in a different outfit.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, but I feel like Slade had her do outfit changes a lot.
Speaker 3: Maybe costume changes.
Speaker 1: Costume changes, But I need I have a question before we even get into episode three and four.
Speaker 2: Is Joe hammered this entire time?
Speaker 3: Things like it?
Speaker 2: I just can't wrap my head around.
Speaker 3: She's like twenty three years old and she's with a guy that's fifteen years older than her. He's got a couple of kids from another marriage.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I wonder how long we should have asked her how long were they dating before they started the show.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I feel like, if I was married to Slade, I'd probably have to be pretty tipsy too.
Speaker 3: But yeah, there was actually times on one of these episodes. I can't remember what t one it is. We'll get to it where I'm like, oh my god, is Slade likable? When Joe's out drinking and he's at home with his kids.
Speaker 2: I never found him, and then I thought, no, I couldn't forget the other scene.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then he goes on to be you know, Slade.
Speaker 1: All right, so we start off this is synopsis of this episode.
Speaker 2: We hope that you guys are watching long because we shouldn't be having to do this alone. We had all of your support, thoughts, questions, concerned.
Speaker 3: But it is interesting the evolution of the show and how it started out just being so simple and then what it is today.
Speaker 1: There are parts that I really loved, Like there's real moments that you don't get now on Housewives, like even watching Don digging around looking for his fires extinguisher. Yeah, and like actually getting mad at Vicky, Like.
Speaker 2: That's that's like husband and wife stuff that actually happens that I don't feel like the show really captures anymore because everybody's so buttoned.
Speaker 1: Up or worried, worried about about what they say, and they do right, but that moment, you know, he's.
Speaker 3: Like, shut up.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm looking the cops standing or the security.
Speaker 3: It was a cop.
Speaker 2: It was actually a cop, and she's blurting with them. But okay.
Speaker 1: Anyways, Shane visits a college in Arizona. Kara passes time by spending money. Vicky and Laurie get a botox treatment, which are we I believe that was the first botox treatment, and then VICKI worries that Lourie isn't dedicated enough to her career.
Speaker 3: Well, what cracks me up is Lourie's like, I don't I'm not going to get a day over thirty two as if she was thirty two years old. I'm pretty sure she was forty five at that moment. But it's funny just that the film quality is so grainy and so bad, and I mean, they've definitely come a long ways since two thousand and six.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I mean the Kardashian filters and full effect.
Speaker 3: How old were you in two thousand and six?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I'm not good at math, Damra, Can you go ahead and do it? I was born in nineteen eighty one. Twenty five, Yeah, twenty five.
Speaker 3: But did you notice that a tagline was taken out of this episode?
Speaker 2: I did, but now I can't remember what it was.
Speaker 3: It was Vicky saying her tagline, I don't want to get old. It was during her botox treatment. They used that as her tagline.
Speaker 2: But also the taglines weren't even taglines because they were like a half of a sentence.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm I remember when I did my tagline the first season, I'm the hottest house wife. Anyways, it was something joking, hold on, what calm down?
Speaker 2: What was your first I.
Speaker 3: Think my first one was I'm the hottest house wife in Orange County. You're lying, No, no, it was actually a joke that was said while filming, and they used it as a tagline, I'm sorry, Thank you, guys, thank.
Speaker 2: You, I'm sorry with us in Barson.
Speaker 3: I know, I remember Simon going, oh, you're gonna regret that. You're going to regret that, and I'm like, please, I're not going to show that it was literally a joke, but oh well, oh well, oh well. Well.
Speaker 1: It starts out when Vicky talks about how much skinnier and prettier Lauria is than her. VICKI has shown getting botox for the first time.
Speaker 3: The first time.
Speaker 1: I'm finding that hard to believe. Well, that's that's what I was curious about. So I was twenty five in two thousand and six.
Speaker 2: We just learned. So I don't think I had got I don't I think I got botox when I was twenty eight for the first time, which is those of you who are listening are probably like, what the hell, why did you get botox at twenty eight? But I remember somebody telling.
Speaker 1: Me it was preventative, and I like saved up like two hundred and fifty dollars.
Speaker 2: I was so excited to get my first botox treatment.
Speaker 3: I was the thirties when I got my first botox treatment because I was pregnant prior to that when people were starting to get it, and I was pregnant at like I think, I want to say, like thirty and thirty three, So I was after I had Spencer.
Speaker 1: Do you think that me and Vicky would get along better if we bonded over a nice botox session.
Speaker 3: No, let's be honest.
Speaker 1: No, No, okay, Then Joe and Slade are at another couple's house for drinks. Joe corrects herself in a conversation, saying a Questrian center. Slade says, we call these joeisms. There are certain things that are obvious to the calmon folk, and for Joe, Joe's from Peru, so many things escape her. Then, Joe says, you know she's upset because essentially her fiance calls her dumb right.
Speaker 3: Question, Yeah, no worry.
Speaker 2: I've only met slave one time and he was nice. Yeah, well he was nice to me. He didn't seem like he was It's.
Speaker 3: Not about being nice or mean. It's the douche level.
Speaker 1: Well, that's so like passive aggressive, And I don't even know is it passive aggressive. It's just like condescending. That's the word I was looking for, just condescending. But is he condescending in nature to everyone or just the women he's with?
Speaker 3: I have no idea. I feel like he was trying to control Joe and wanting to, you know, make the money and make sure she stays home. But it seems like in his relationship with Gretchen he wants Gretchen to make the money so he can stay home. Well, I think I think it's pretty offensive to just people in Peru. Like that would not fly today. But things that were said way back then, like ten, fifteen years ago, whatever, seventeen years ago would not land well now. So it's times have changed and we've all, you know, smartened up.
Speaker 1: The whole entire time I'm watching them, I'm curious, how did these two even end up together?
Speaker 3: I know we should have asked her, We should have asked Joe.
Speaker 1: When we had her on well, but she DMed me so I should I'll just ask her and then I'll fill you guys in on the well.
Speaker 3: Next time we're in La. She wants to hang out, so I told her absolutely. So slaid at the questioning center when he ran into Brett, which was a big mortgage guy back in the day. I don't know if he still is, but he comes with cameras and acting like hey, nice to run into you. I mean, it was like so staged in.
Speaker 2: But also, wouldn't Brett have known in advance if they were and they need permits back then, or of course.
Speaker 3: They did he and how did he know Brett was there? You know? Brett was Mike like all these things like hey, fancy meeting you here? Remember me I did a meeting in your office, and then Brett explaining his pool in his backyard, and this is flown in Italy in Paris and d D. This was so typical of the guys in mortgage in two thousand and eight.
Speaker 2: But was that is that a questrian center right next to where I show?
Speaker 3: Is that now that's actually the old equestrian center?
Speaker 2: Is that coded a caaza? That's what I thought? Yeah, I was like, I'd been there, okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And actually that the clubhouse that they're filming in is not even a clubhouse anymore. It's like a party rental place. The clubhouse is like newer and nicer and all that.
Speaker 2: And I realized that now we're gonna we could jump around, but I kind of just want to stay on the Joe Enslade stuff for a minute. So you just clear that up, okay.
Speaker 1: So then she goes to Joe ends up meeting Brett's wife to go riding. This is another one of those things where I just don't understand why Joe would I think she should wear high heels to go riding.
Speaker 2: I also can't believe that.
Speaker 1: They were allowed to show that these women were all riding drinking Margarita's without a helmet on why.
Speaker 2: They didn't even have saddles? I was gonna ask bareback riding.
Speaker 1: I mean, I know that has multiple meanings, so yeah, right, it is what it is. But bare back riding without a helmet while drinking alcohol are all things that I I mean, you can't. When we were in Berlin for Beverly Hills and we rode those horses, we had to sign like fifty seven waivers.
Speaker 3: Like, well, things were different back then, so different. Yeah to me, I'm like, wait, why don't they have saddles? It seems like it be harder to ride without a saddle. Why are they drinking? Why don't they have helmets? Like that would never fly nowadays. The safety on the show would safety coordinator would be like, no way, nope.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I I'm surprised the safety coordinator coordinator didn't step in on your recent episode of Orange County when your guide's balls were hanging out of his pants.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, we didn't know it didn't. It wasn't the entire time. It was towards the end.
Speaker 1: Well, I split up my water when Taylor says, I wish said sort of something other for lunch like spaghetti and him meet.
Speaker 3: Oh they didn't show it all. We all were making comments like that. They cut them all out except for Taylor's. So it was hilarious. And then then I found out you know Shane that works with Jeff Lewis, Yeah, that's his cousin. K Dog is Shane's cousin.
Speaker 2: Okay, we need to ask I need to ask a lot of questions of Shane and the balls and all.
Speaker 3: Well, when I saw Shane at Brabo Cohan, he goes, oh my god, my cousin said he filmed with you. He's so excited. I go, oh. I'm like, oh, well, I hope he doesn't have a TV. And that's when he goes, no, he livesened to ten on the side of the river and I got our lake and I go, well, his balls were hanging out. He goes, oh my god, so good.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, we got to get back to Vicky and Laurie's trip to New Orleans for a business trip. Vicky stays at the Windsor Court Hotel while Laurie is staying at a they said, lesser priced hotel because she can't afford it, and Vicky thinks that Laurie needs to pay her dues to see I know.
Speaker 3: So it's like Vicky checking into Windsor Courts with her sister, and then it was Laurie checking into Crappy Lake hotel is basically what it was. It was such a shithole. It's like one of those like I'm like, come on, throw the girl a bone by the.
Speaker 1: No, Actually, Laurie's hotel seems five stars compared to Crappy Lake, did it.
Speaker 2: You hear Vicky being like, I really just want somebody that's professional and on time and ready and blah blah blah. And then they're like and then Laurie was thirty five minutes late and her bags didn't make it. I'm like, poor Laurie. Like and then even Laurie's daughter, the whole thing with the car, all of it. I'm like, this is a Laurie. I want Laurie on this pod.
Speaker 3: Because I feel like Lourie's okay, I'll get her on now. Clearly the show had no budget back then, because it if that was happening now, you know, there would either be a trade out or the network would pay for the hotels. But no, Laurie, you're getting the shitty one and Vicky's getting the nice one.
Speaker 1: But also the meeting of the top the top people in the company, where it's like eight of them sitting in that conference room or.
Speaker 2: Wherever it is. It is a high class. I feel like I've been to those type of things before.
Speaker 3: And I just I don't know, really, Let's talk about Vicky and Brianna. So Vicky's leaving for this trip, and it's like I love you? Do you love me?
Speaker 1: I love you?
Speaker 2: Do you love me?
Speaker 3: No no drinking, no drugs, no boys, no this, no that. And Brian is so mature, she always has been. And then you have Laurie's daughter where they're like, no parties and she's like, oh, you know, girls gone wild at her house and it was just, oh yeah.
Speaker 2: The juxtaposition of the two is pretty insane.
Speaker 3: And then and then Ashley getting a call from her landline from Josh from Juvenile Hall and not taking it, I know, and then it was like, no big deal, that's my brother and Julie, who.
Speaker 2: Do you think Do you think there was a film crew filming that at that moment? Because that was like the more I watched Laurie, the more I'm like Laurid.
Speaker 3: iPhones back then.
Speaker 2: True, I mean, Laurie.
Speaker 3: Definitely put the reel in reality.
Speaker 2: How many seasons is Laurie on?
Speaker 3: Oh? Lordie?
Speaker 2: So she was on? Was she still on when you came on?
Speaker 3: Yes, she was. I went to her wedding. That's when it starts getting good. I mean when I get on.
Speaker 2: I hate to brag about himself.
Speaker 3: It just changed. The whole dynamic of the show changed. Nobody was calling anybody out and I just came in calling people out and they're like, whoa, this works. And then it just changed everything. But then why did Laurie get the boot? I don't remember. I really don't remember. Gina was like, oh, Laurie was let go, and you know it might have been Laurie left because her son was having a lot of problems. I can't remember. But she did come back a season.
Speaker 2: Well, she was main cast for the first four seasons. I just looked it up. Yeah, but then she was a guest in season six, so guest means yeah, she suggest she appeared once, but a friend of in season eight. Yeah, my gosh. We have a lot of seasons.
Speaker 3: I need to catch seventeen.
Speaker 2: What season do you think I'm gonna like you the most in and the least in.
Speaker 3: Dude, I can't remember that far back. I mean when I come on, it's like season three and it's still a little you know. I think when Gretchen comes on, I think at season four, that's when her and I start fighting, and I'll like you.
Speaker 2: Then I will just like you.
Speaker 3: Well, I think you'll like me because you know that I'm usually right when it comes to I am. I'm usually right.
Speaker 2: I love the know it all.
Speaker 3: No, it's just a matter of I have like a radar detector for bullshit like no other like I have like a sense that I just like Brooks. I met Brooks, I'm like, Nope, this guy ain't good.
Speaker 2: I thought you were saying bullshit. I was like, mm so.
Speaker 1: Then, Kimberly says nine years ago she had her third malignant melanoma and was told she had had two to five years to live. She says the doctors were obviously wrong, and facing that fear has allowed her to have a better attitude towards life.
Speaker 3: I actually really like her. I never met her or worked with her. She I want to believe she moved out of state somewhere where there it wasn't a sunny yeah, because she she was getting skin cancer a lot. She seemed intelligent, She was fun.
Speaker 2: I mean, I mean, she seemed to really want to enjoy life.
Speaker 1: I mean, first off, we have to do a little melanoma awareness. Here is how long this has been prevalent in people's lives and how little people have talked about it up until now. But she obviously shared it here. But you guys, this is a reminder, this is a podcast. Break write a little note right now. Go get your skin checked.
Speaker 2: And times that you didn't think that you would get sun like for example, they said, Teddy, do you spend more time in the driver's seat or the passenger seat?
Speaker 1: And I said the passenger seat. Why I don't really drive, And they said, because.
Speaker 2: All of your melanomas are on your right shoulder, so when you're in the car, son is constantly beating down on you. I never thought to put sunscreen on if I was in the car. I know, So go get checked.
Speaker 1: Then we get to Joe getting her dream job as a mortgage consultant. Slade does not like her decision to get a job. Slay said they can come together as a couple to create a plan for their future. If she does stuff like this, Joe says, it's because she decided to do it her way and not his. It's wrong in his eyes. Slade says, he's not building there. She's not building their future, She's building her future.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like twenty twenty three Slade could say this or do you think no differently.
Speaker 3: No, it hits differently nowadays. But I'm just so thankful that she got out of that relationship. I mean, when we had her on the show, I felt like she doesn't have any bad feelings towards him whatsoever. And did she not say it was like the love of her life.
Speaker 1: I don't remember if she said it was the love of her life, but she was like one of the I think she Yeah, she said she's the love of my life.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I'm like, oh, okay.
Speaker 1: But I think also in respect when you start to think about past relationships, like I remember, even just like my high school boyfriend, that first like serious relationship that I had felt the most intense at the beginning. Yes, because it's all new, it's new, and you never felt this way, like I remember ten years and you did a few people You're.
Speaker 3: Like, ah, GoF no.
Speaker 1: I used to like have my friends, like in like tenth grade in high school. I would have my friends call him and be like, have you seen Teddy? Were looking for her?
Speaker 2: Like what what? Oh my god? And I'm like in the room and he's like, well, I mean I saw her a cheer practice, like when I was leaving football. She was in cheer. But I'm sure she's fine. You know it's wrong with me.
Speaker 1: And then we would do drive bys their house, like and oh I used to do I did drive bys too.
Speaker 2: What is the point of a drive by? Like if he's not home, he's home and he's not calling me out and I.
Speaker 3: I broke up with somebody or he broke up with me. I can't even remember, but I a feeling he was interested in somebody else, So I do drive bys.
Speaker 2: I mean I had a yellow gribblin How inconspicuous did I think? I was a bright yellow grimlin but with no human edge? Show when we drove.
Speaker 3: By You're all but Joe telling Slade he was lame was everything to me. You're so lame? And oh, can we talk about the Chanel sunglasses that everybody's wearing in this episode? This episode and next episode the chanel ones with the big thick ones plastic with the big seas on the side, and oh, I remember those.
Speaker 2: I want to know did they make dupes back then?
Speaker 3: I don't think so. I don't think so. I had those. I mean everybody had those sunglasses. Think Vicky's wearing them, Joe's wearing them. I think Gina's wearing them. It's funny, but.
Speaker 1: I mean, all in all, the most you get from this episode is I I did really like Vicky.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think she's good television.
Speaker 1: I only know her from what i've known come in, but watching her on this, I really like her. I can see like all of her idiosyncresies where she's just obsessive about everything and she's fun to watch.
Speaker 2: I felt like the dynamic feel really real. If it was produced by the same type of production, I'm like, oh my gosh, this would have been so different. But that's pretty much episode three.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was it. They getting a little bit more interesting on episode four.
Speaker 2: I think all right well.
Speaker 1: Episode four is titled Talk Talk Talk. This air date was April eleventh, two thousand and six.
Speaker 2: Oh my watching along with us, make sure that you watch Gina takes Kimberly and Scott house hunting. Shane takes an interest in Joe, and then Slade hires this a sexy new assistant. Vicky and her husband argue over Brihanna's job, and Laurie struggles with her children.
Speaker 3: Poor Laurie.
Speaker 1: I know Joe started her dream job at Countrywide. Because of this, Slade has hired his personal assistant named Megan, to pick up the slack. I love that Megan's confessionals are like outside of a truck.
Speaker 3: I have just little I have a little bit of inside information from Joday hook up. No, this has nothing to do with this episode. So when she worked at Countrywide, who Megan or Joe Joe Joe? She worked with Ryan Ryan or Rin Ryan? Who's on our show now? She sent me a text message saying, oh my god, I just watched your show. I used to work with Ryan until something shady went down and then I know no longer worked with him. And I go, what tell me I need to know? And she goes, let's just say we need to have drinks. So I said, okay, next time we're in LA this happened.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, you're building your Arsenal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I need to know everything.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, yep.
Speaker 3: Well, but Slade was so inappropriate asking Megan can you grab my balls? And things like that. I mean, I want an assistant who grabs my balls too. I playeds. Friend says, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just the whole thing made me feel.
Speaker 3: But don't you feel like Slade was basically the sixth housewife when he started he was so well.
Speaker 2: Watched the clip from Andy.
Speaker 1: I mean, granted, I think this was like after a season four or whatever, but when Slade's like, well, I made the decision not to come back on this show, and Andy's like, well, I mean Joe.
Speaker 2: Was no longer yeah, you weren't asked.
Speaker 3: And then what did he do? He started dating Laurie you'll see, and then he was back on and then he started dating Gretchen.
Speaker 2: He dates LORII.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, my gosh, don't ruin it for those of us who marry, well, how about when said goes we don't have to play well because we're rich.
Speaker 2: When all the women got jealous over the one hundred thousand dollars wedding but never but I'm not laughing about the amount. I mean, that's more than I spent for my wedding. But I'm just well, back then that was a lot of money for a wedding. Now Hill, there's a lot of money. I mean, it has a lot of money regardless, But just being so like open to talk about that kind of stuff.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh, and it's probably fine. It probably was thirty thousand.
Speaker 2: And by the way, they never got married, so it was do you know her engagement ring is fake? How did she find out it was fake? She?
Speaker 3: I don't know. She went she went public with it and said that the ring that he gave her was a cz It was not even a real diamond. So if you notice they like flash in, like really zoom in on her ring and I'm like fake, kashtak fake.
Speaker 1: Then Kimberly tells her husband Scott about her girl's trip and how a man told her he would do anything to take her home.
Speaker 2: Kimberly says she's lucky that she's a stay at home mom who enjoys herself. How would Eddie react if you told him that a man had said that to you? And would you tell him?
Speaker 3: I probably wouldn't tell him, and I probably wouldn't have myself in that situation, Like she really had herself in Palm Springs or wherever she Palm Desert at Costa's remember Costa's that was the name of the club. She really put herself in a position that I would never put myself in.
Speaker 2: Well, this is kind of a parallel of you and Ryan this season when he says I'm gonna f her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it all sounds like they had like an open relationship the way they were talking.
Speaker 2: Well, not about the way they were talking. If Edwin saw me dancing like that was another man, oh it would at a nightclub national television. No, or if I saw him not just.
Speaker 1: One sided, but like if I was grinding up on another man that was straight, I.
Speaker 3: Would actually my shit. I would lose my shit for sure.
Speaker 2: But they he seems to enjoy it. I mean, maybe they have a situation. But then we get to Shane.
Speaker 1: Je He says he's still a virgin and does not believe in having sex, just to say he's had it.
Speaker 2: But yet then when he's playing the basketball game, every single thing is about sex.
Speaker 3: Well, the boy's eighteen, he's ever been laid? What do you expect? I thought he was really brave. I like Shane. He got a bad rap.
Speaker 2: But I thought he was.
Speaker 3: Just so sensitive, so sweet, that he was really pushing hard to be athletic like his dad and his grandfather. But you know, we saw him playing basketball, we saw he saw him playing baseball, and then we saw him playing kid. Does not have an athletic billy at all. It's like, poor Shane.
Speaker 1: But you know, there was a lot of I'm still stuck on episode one where I see him like being so mean to his little brother that I'm like.
Speaker 3: Oh, I don't so mean to that.
Speaker 2: I don't have a ton of healthy for Shane.
Speaker 3: I knows a little bit of an asshole.
Speaker 1: But do you think that the daughter is playing it up for the cameras a little bit?
Speaker 3: No, that's Kara.
Speaker 2: That is her, no matter what.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that is her. I love her, love her.
Speaker 2: No, she's hilarious. But I'm wondering. I was wondering. I was like, does she is this?
Speaker 3: How she should get her on the show?
Speaker 2: How old she is now?
Speaker 3: She's in her thirties, She's gone through a lot. She had a baby pass away very sad right at birth, at home birth, and she is now has had another son. He's maybe over a year, super cute. They live in Florida, but she's she's just a good, solid person. Now Shane, I think he just recently got married within the last year.
Speaker 2: I don't know why. Watching this, it feels like this was like thirty years ago, like I was a baby. When these shows, it feels like.
Speaker 3: It was thirty years ago.
Speaker 2: To me.
Speaker 3: It's just weird. I just think, oh my god. I mean I came on a year year after that, and it's just crazy. Two years after that.
Speaker 2: Then we get Vicky.
Speaker 1: Vicky's family heads to their second home and like have a sue. Her son Michael, brought his friends on the trip. Vicky wonders if his friends think of her as a milf?
Speaker 3: Oh yes, do you want Chris's friends to think that you're a milf? And would you be rubbing your back all over your his link?
Speaker 2: Absolutely not one. They're eight and two. I no, I don't.
Speaker 3: When they're teenagers.
Speaker 2: I will be a thousand years old when they're teenagers.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's any different than when Vicky Vicky's age. I think, actually, you'll be younger.
Speaker 2: I don't think.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: No, I'm forty two now, so ten years from now fifty two. Probably in my backy, I.
Speaker 3: Thought you might be a little older. I think she was in her forties.
Speaker 2: Well, she tries to blurred her way out of a lot of things.
Speaker 3: The Don and VICKI thing, you'll see as you watch they were never on the same level. Ever. There was never like they were always fighting. It was always they lived two separate lives. But I liked Don so much.
Speaker 2: Well, you could tell she was like disappointed. It seemed it appeared that she was disappointed and who Don was as a human, like she wanted him to be more than.
Speaker 3: You want to be different. So I talked to Don the other day. Why it was actually not the other day, I would say a few weeks ago, we were at Shannon's house. We were preparing for the Trace a Megas show, and we started calling Vicky's. We called Vicky's ex Don and Brooks whiding call Brooks, Shannon did, and Vicky got him on the phone and he was so funny. He was in Palm Springs. He was drinking and we're like, hey, can we can we use your riverhouse? Because he got the riverhouse. He's like no, He's hilarious.
Speaker 2: Do you think Vicky and Don should have stayed married if they didn't do the show.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 3: They were so opposite it was, I mean, it was quite obvious. I remember going to dinner with them on Valentine's Day. I was with Simon, she was with Don. It was the Codo Club. We were there and Brianna called her and She's like, okay, yeah, I'll be there, and Don's like, what do you mean we're out to dinner. He's like, well, Brianna needs me, so I'm gonna go. It's Valentine's Day. Vic And she's like, no, sorry by her.
Speaker 2: She wasn't in like her love bubble with him.
Speaker 3: No, But I think now she probably regrets that whole decision. I don't really think they would still be together because they were so opposite back then, and I just don't see it.
Speaker 2: Well. Vicky's flirting even back then made me think that maybe she could use it a little bit of a lesson from Luanne on the flirting.
Speaker 3: I'm like, come on, did you notice the random guy in the kitchen?
Speaker 2: I did?
Speaker 3: It was like a production Err yeah, yeah, And I'm like, whoo, who was that? It was just some kind of a production guy. In the background just popped in. But Lake Havasu was a good old days you'll see in episodes to come. We go to Oh god, I just thought of something. I'm gonna have to recap it with Simon on there. Oh oh, I have a question, is Bass.
Speaker 2: Lake, Lake Havasu or no Bass Lake?
Speaker 3: I went to Boske on Tolongosi likes quite a ways away, and I think the opposite direction. It's like in a mountain town.
Speaker 2: Because I just read on page six that.
Speaker 1: Raquel Rachel from Sand of All Scandall whatever, is in negotiations to come back on Van and Pump Rules, but they want her back on to go to this trip in bass Lake.
Speaker 2: I'm like, isn't Bass Lake like one of that?
Speaker 3: I really hope somebody screams, did you.
Speaker 2: Go to bass right? That's what I was thinking.
Speaker 1: Laurie's son Joshua has been in juvenile hall for a while. They're holding him for a psychiatric evaluation drul out mental illness. Josh as psychiatrist doesn't show up to the hearings, so now josh has to be in jail for a couple more days than we see Ashley looking for her car because it's repossessed because she.
Speaker 2: Owes sixteen hundred.
Speaker 3: My question, how do you allow your kids to get to that point?
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know if it's allowing your kids to get to that point.
Speaker 3: It is, I mean, their product of their environment most of the time, and when they're that young, when I like summed.
Speaker 1: It up pretty perfectly, she said, my parents always gave me everything. My stepdad he you know, I think if you're handed every so that's it. You're at a young age, yeah, and then you don't have any concept of money, and then all of a sudden everything changes and you have no idea and you think you're always gonna get bailed out. Like we didn't have that that upbring, like our at least mind where I assume yours were too.
Speaker 2: It was very much like you want to do it, you figure it out, here's how you handle it.
Speaker 1: I'm worried what I'm creating for my kids sometimes because I think that I am teaching them more ethic and all these types of things.
Speaker 2: But there are moments that I'm like, I mean, they are this.
Speaker 1: Age years old and like, have an iPad or have this or have that, and I don't.
Speaker 3: Think that's a big deal. It's the kids that get to do whatever they want and get bought whatever they want all the time and don't appreciate it. And I think you've learned that at a young age, like at their young age. If they're disrespectful or if they're not thankful for the things she gets, then you just stop. No, you're not getting shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I'm or this is going if you don't do that, this is getting taken away.
Speaker 2: Who knew.
Speaker 3: But I'm not the mom that's like, oh you want a new Mercedes? Do you want a new Porsche for your sixteen?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: No, nope, not happening.
Speaker 2: No. Well Gina is clearly not like that.
Speaker 3: But everything, But let me just say, like the Josh, this poor kid has struggled his whole life.
Speaker 2: Well, even when they showed the like they panned from like far away, Laurie was talking. They're like, oh, that's that's Josh's dad.
Speaker 3: Yeah they leared him, Yeah they learned him. But you have to admire Laurie for showing it all on camera because that's really the bad and the ugly that really is. That's got to be heartbreaking just as a parent, especially as a single mom, to have to deal with that like Ryan. Ryan was never like problems like that, as you know me being a single mom. But he was rebellious and to this day he's a little bit rebellious like my kids, my younger kids versus Ryan, They're totally different.
Speaker 2: Then we get to Gina Sunshane think Slade is keeping Joe and his control and isolating her. Gina thinks Joe probably has more in common with Shane than Slade because of her age. Then a couple days after the barbecue where they have a little chemistry, Joe has Shane over to help get rid of the rabbits in her yard.
Speaker 1: Slade comes home in the middle of it all and was pissed off, claiming Joe was slurting with Shane.
Speaker 2: Do you think Joe was trying to get a reaction from Slade by doing this or do you think because he.
Speaker 3: Had probably well. I think she was playing up for the TV for sure, and I think he was as well. But I will give credit to Shane because when they were at that barbecue in his backyard, Shane really summed up Slade, really put him in his place just by meeting him, talking with him and observing watching what he was doing. It's like this guy is controlling, he wants to keep her to it himself and sat over there on the kid's table so nobody can talk to him. I felt like Shane Joe had more chemistry than slat In Joe, maybe because they're closer to age.
Speaker 2: Well, how about this.
Speaker 1: A real question that I have is how bad are the bunnies in Orange County?
Speaker 2: Are seeing one?
Speaker 3: Oh, they're running all over my front yard all the time, all the time. I don't get them too much in the backyard, but we live across the street from like a field and a slope, and so there's bunnies just right.
Speaker 2: I think what a bunnies do to all these people? Like, why are they so pissed with the freaking bunnies.
Speaker 3: I don't have any problems with them, so I don't know what they're doing in Kodo, but I feel like that might be another animal that's eating all the flowers. Oh, I mean, the bunnies around here are just hiding from the coyotes that walk up and down my street.
Speaker 2: We have a lot of coyotes here too.
Speaker 3: They freak me out. They scare the shit out of me.
Speaker 2: Oh, they're always so dirty too.
Speaker 3: Well, we have one with the mange that runs around.
Speaker 1: Oh right, they trying to make friends with Rugby soon Yeah no, god no, well that was episode three and four of you guys.
Speaker 2: Are you watching along with us? Make sure that you watch episodes five and six for our next podcast, and then we'll bring a guest on soon as well. So send any questions you have for us.
Speaker 3: Tell us who you want, Like, I'm thinking we need to get Lauri on. We need to get Gina on. I would love to get Kara on. I don't think Vicky will come on. What do you think?
Speaker 2: I think Vicky would rather pretend that I don't exist in life.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've already reached out to Lynn. She'll come on in the future. And then Tammy Knickerbocker would be a fun one. She's not on yet, right, No, she knows on season two. Yeah, she's a good one. So yeah, all
Speaker 2: Right, well I will talk to you soon, tam okay, bye bye.