Speaker 1: This is let's be clear, it's Shannon Doherty.
Speaker 2: Hi.
Speaker 1: I'm Rose McGowan, and I am here standing sitting with my dog Perlita little Pearl for our dear departed, lovely, amazing human, the Bravest, Bravest champion. I've known Shannon Doherty and it's a real pleasure and an honor to be able to do this. Her legion of fans worldwide, the outpouring of love and affection and from her family and friends and just and from strangers worldwide, has been magnificent to behold. I feel Shannon around, I feel her energy very strongly, and I think this would be a real good thing for her to know that we're continuing on in the bravery that she showed in telling her truth and telling her story and getting to talk about things she wanted to express. You know, there's something when you're an actor and a performer, you get the lines that are given to you, and that's what you talk about, and that's what you say. And for me when I wrote my book Brave, and for her when she did this podcast, you know, that's when you get to speak on your own terms. It's it's a very powerful thing because imagine you go to work and your lines, everything that you were going to say for yourself in your own day and your own life, coming out of your own mouth. Your thoughts are replaced by other thoughts, by other voices, by a committee of voices, and that's who you get to be, and that's who the world knows you as. And a lot of times we can be painted into a corner and we become this caricature, this kind of false identity, and you kind of can't get out from under a b you know, it's something that traps you. I know what that's like, and I know Shannon definitely knew what that was like as well. And we both kind of were trapped and painted into these corners until we kind of took a hold of our own power and unpainted ourselves. There's always backlash that tries to put you back in that corner, the false corner, I call it. But it's been a real amazing thing to watch and to know how many people she helped. I first met Shannon when I did a cameo with her in a movie called Nowhere. I had been discovered maybe ten months before this in Hollywood, standing against a gym, crying because my boyfriend had died and a woman came up to me. And two weeks later, I'm starring in this crazy movie called The Doom Generation, and the director, Gregor Rocky was doing his next feature, a movie called Nowhere, and he called and he's like, it's Shannon Doherty and Tracy Lords, who'd been in a John Waters film at that point. And I had known Shannon, like so many others from Little House in the Prairie a few episodes when I arrived in the US. I watched those and loved them, and her role as Jenny was just so amazing the fact that I can remember it all these years later, and I don't remember almost anything else from that show, just her, It's pretty special. And then of course Beverly Hills nine o two on. Oh. And it's funny because I was actually living in la for a while at that point. I was around fifteen and a half, and weirdly, because my life is a little strange and hasn't followed kind of the normal path of most people's trajectory, I was living on my own in an apartment, and I had been emancipated from my parents and was completely on my own, and I loved watching nine to two and Oh, because it felt like there was this family, this very loving family, while they're navigating this kind of wonky, weird city, this weird reality that is Beverly Hills, that is Los Angeles. And I was kind of on a different side of Los Angeles, not the Beverly Hills side, but it was still very like everybody else in the world at that moment watching that show, you know. And so the day I met Shannon, it's a very unique day.
Speaker 2: We were dressed, I.
Speaker 1: Don't know how to explain it in a completely ridiculous way. I was orange, I believe she was blue or red, I can't remember. And our hair was teased out giant. We had braces on these crinoline kind of Cindy lapper skirts, you could say. They're kind of big and puffy. And there was the three of us and we had giant, giant hair, and we're talking like valley girls, like, oh my god, did you see Eileen?
Speaker 2: I hear she lives in Whittier.
Speaker 1: And which is a I guess a suburb of Los Angeles. And we were on a main street in Los Angeles and they'd block some of it off for traffic, but of course we looked so strange. The first thing I really remember about being next to Shannon is that we caused a three car pile up, a giant automobile crash, like three cars like they stacked on top of each other and had steam coming out of them, and we were just quite the sight to behold. So, I mean, I should have known then that our relationship started with a giant crash, that we were meant to be and destined to be intertwined for most of our lives, for the bulk of our adult lives, as it turned out. How strange, right, And that day Shannon was in a mood. Recently, the last time I was wish Hannon, she actually told me about that day and what had gone on. That somebody around us had called her then boyfriend and lied and said Shannon was kissing a crew member or something weird like that, and her and her then boyfriend, I'm not sure who it was at that time that you know, there weren't cell phone so it wasn't like you were texting back and forth blowing up each other's phones, you know, denying something. And she was in a mood. She was furious and there's just a very strange energy. And I remember at the end of that day, I mean, she invited me to sit in her car, her Mercedes with her for lunch. I sat there with her for lunch and she was just raging and I didn't kind of understand what she was talking about. And it's amazing that all these years later I finally got to understand and understand that she was justified anger, definitely justified. Being lied about at any stage and accused of something you haven't done is rough, you know. So I think it actually really impacted her relationship with that man she was with, unfortunately. And that's the first time I met Shannon. But at the same time, I remember her laughing, and I remember her professionalism and they also I remember leaving there and thinking, like, whoa if, I I don't think I want to be an actor, I don't think I want a part of this world's I don't think this world.
Speaker 2: Is for me.
Speaker 1: And then I did a movie called Scream and then that hit and I kind.
Speaker 2: Of got stuck in that world.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that's how I knew her before I joined Charmed. And the thing is that was it's a very unique time. There was not a lot of crossover between film and television then, and I was on a very unique trajectory. I'd had four movies at sun Dance, the most anybody had in competition there at any time when something very bad happened to me, and it was a setup and the whole thing down the line from a ten am breakfast meeting with my boss. I was in the middle of my second film for this company, his company, and I had to go back and finish filming that movie, and from the outset, I was not okay with what had happened to me, and I fought it, and you know, words spread like wildfire in town. I refused to sign a non disclosure. I didn't know what that was, but when it was explained to me, I was like, wait, so I can't talk to a therapist. I had this idea that if I went to six months of therapy, I could then be fixed and I could.
Speaker 2: Be back to who I was before. And that's not how it turns out.
Speaker 1: That was just kind of a young mind approach to trauma, and I didn't really understand kind of the levels of what would happen to me at that point, and I just I felt very lost and from I'd had about four movies lined up to do that year, probably would have made around like seven million dollars or something like that, and they all fell apart and I got cast in a show called Charmed. Now I'd known that Shannon was on this show, but I never watched the show. I didn't I didn't really watch TV. I was working. I was just doing movie after movie after movie at that point until you know, kind of the breaks slammed and from then on we were like really pitted against each other in the media. And it also wasn't until recently that I understood kind of the backstory of her even leaving there, because when I got there, it was it's kind of, you know, like what Hollywood does.
Speaker 2: I call Hollywood a cult.
Speaker 1: I called it that in my book Brave, and it compares the kind of the sect, the group that I grew up in behind walls, to the cult of Hollywood and how how cults work in general. It was not about sexual harassment or assault or anything like that. It was It's an idea book and bravery and the bravery it takes to live of under under a lie that's manufactured about you. And that's something that I know, Shannon deeply, deeply understood I. However, at the time I joined charm did not understand kind.
Speaker 2: Of the backstory.
Speaker 1: I was just told she was fired and nobody talked about her, which is what happens in cults.
Speaker 2: They memory hold you.
Speaker 1: That's a term for just kind of blanking people's memory, and they don't mention the person they're kind of they kind.
Speaker 2: Of ceased to exist.
Speaker 1: And I was just trying to keep my head above water at that point. I was very famous at that point, but I was persona non grata, non hirable. But I was famous and caused disruptions everywhere I went. And I know, again, this is kind of something that Shannon we later talked about that she related to, you know, the weight of what it's like to be to have the media machine lie about you. She was vulnerable on that show. She was vulnerable knowing what I know now, you know, knowing that she had left nine oh two and zero in kind of a cataclysmic way, and then when she joined Charmed, I didn't really understand her passion for I didn't know anything really about the show at all. So for me, it was just perceived by the public as a very strange move. Why would someone in movies, why would they go do a TV show? And I couldn't explain, Well, I'm famous and I can't get any other job, and it looks interesting, and you know how it happened for me. And I've told this story, you know, on stage with Shannon. What a gift to be able to spend that last year and a half with her, really really amazing gift. But the story I told is I was in Romania doing a movie and I get a call and it's a producer named Aaron Spelling, and I hang up because I didn't know.
Speaker 2: I was like, why would Aaron Spelling be calling Romania? Haha?
Speaker 1: Click, And I had this little voice like Rose McGowan, would you like to join, you know, the cast of Charmed on a show? And I was like, I didn't really know what he was talking about, but I was open to meeting him. So I am on a plane home to Los Angeles. I'm like, okay, Universe, give me a sign if I meant to be doing this. And the weirdest thing is from never before and never since have I ever seen Charmed on any airplane offered as the entertainment on a flight and I was going from a Romania to Los Angeles, and the pilot episode of Charmed was the entertainment offering so strange, and it looked cool and moody and dark and unique, and the acting was really strong, And I said, yes, I didn't really understand what it would entail.
Speaker 2: I didn't realize that.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'd still be here talking about it all these years later, that there'd be legions of legacy fans and new fans, and how interwoven we would be in people's lives. And I think Shannon definitely did understand all of that. She definitely understood the power of the medium of television in a way that I had not. And when I got there, it was just strange. And I was told over and over and over, no show survives a major cast change. You only have like two hundred and something jobs on the line, and far more behind the scenes of people you can't see in administration. But no worries if everybody loses their jobs because you joining it's going to tank the show.
Speaker 2: Don't worry. It's not your fault.
Speaker 1: And that was said to me that I was going to fail over and over, and so I just kind of refused to fail. And I also knew that I was in a very vulnerable position. The thing in Hollywood is if you got fired as a woman from a job, you didn't get a second chance. So it was already, you know, a miracle that Shannon was there in the first place, and I think that's certainly what made her vulnerable to kind of the operation behind the scenes that took her out to be blunt. That's what made her vulnerable to that, and that person knew it and that group knew it, and that was that was she was preyed upon in that way. And I don't think there's anything wrong with someone wanting things to be better, and that's kind of you know, they made it sound like she was difficult. Shannon was good. She was really good. She was a damn fine actress and director. She really cared about what she was putting out there, as did I. But I was in a different way joining I knew I had no pull, and it was just very weird on the set kind of from from the get go. It was just very different universe from movies where it might turn out badly, but everybody's all in it. There's there's artists, there were artists there, you know, there was and for me, I felt the business around the show, the business people. It felt kind of like I could be working at a pencil factory in Ohio churning out things at a high volume, which was just kind of a shock to my system. And at the time, granted, they'd been on the air for quite a few years when I joined, so it was a pretty well oiled machine. They knew what they were doing. And yeah, I mean, I imagine now with hindsight, it was so strange for everybody involved, everybody there, not just me and not just Shannon, And looking back at it, you know, from the get go, every question was like, do you think Shannon Doherty hates you?
Speaker 2: Do you think she's jealous of you? Do you think? Do you think? Do you think? Do you think? What do you think? And I refused to take the bait. I did not.
Speaker 1: They wanted me kind of to continue or start a war with her, and I just was like, absolutely not, I will absolutely not do this. And to her credit, she absolutely did not do that either. And that's been something that's.
Speaker 2: A real world.
Speaker 1: Class character about her, you know. And the thing is both of us have been I just put this exactly, but I would say they use the term parasited.
Speaker 2: It's not a word. But when a.
Speaker 1: Parasite attached to the host body, they steal their creativity, they steal their work, they steal their joy, they steal their nutrients, their food, their their food supply. And that's what a parasite does to a human body. And sometimes I think there are parasites in human skin, and they wear human skin.
Speaker 2: And you know, we both.
Speaker 1: In this life and on that show and around it, and since.
Speaker 2: Had a parasite attached to.
Speaker 1: Us, I didn't understand a lot of what happened with her in a way that I kind of wanted to not know, because that way I couldn't I would not be lying in any interviews and I wouldn't have to have any feeling about it. But looking back, I mean, putting myself in her shoes, how devastating, how devastating, and how dare someone say? You know, if I, honestly, if I hear a parasite say hurt people, hurt people as an excuse for their crap behavior one more time, I will actually scream and light the world on fire. I think on Shannon's behalf and maybe my own two and quite a few people who've experienced this. You know, there's a narcissistic quality to parasites. They want what they want, they take what they take, and they feel that they're owed that, and they know that they're not the real talents, that they are not the true ones, but they can feed off other talent. And and I know that that that's that's what was done to her and later on done to me. And I think it is one hundred percent valid knowing you have a ticking clock. We all have ticking clocks, but Shannon really knew she had a ticking clock on her to to want to talk about this and to set the record straight for herself, because it gets exhausting being lied about, and when you're led about on that scale, as I have personally experienced. You know, in my case, a very very evil, evil predator that a lot of people seem to be okay with, I just was not okay with this. Bought a medium machine, bought journalists off all over the world.
Speaker 2: This is fact.
Speaker 1: This has been put in a journalist ron in Pharaoh's book and the New York Times book. Bought journalists contracts and said, you know, go after this person if you ever see them, I'll buy your I'll buy your story and turn it into a movie, and in trade, you need to character assassinate this person. So I'm just saying I've I had for me. It was twenty something, two and a half decades of stalking at the highest level and ruining my good name to a point where I couldn't fight. And Shannon knew that too. But what we both did and what I admired the hell out about her, she just kept working and both of us were put in things that we wouldn't have been doing had this not happened to us, we wouldn't have been in a different playing field, so to speak. But at the same time, this did not lessen our intention and honoring of the work that was in front of us that we could and were able to do. But it's very hard, and what people don't understand is that it's not you know, people talk about the show Charmed and Shannon leaving and firing and like as if it was it it just affected her career.
Speaker 2: That's not the case.
Speaker 1: When someone lies about you and they have a machine behind them, a powerful machine affects how people in a store where you're going to buy something, treat you. It affects certainly how the media treats you. It affects how people online treat you. It affects future relationships you meet someone, how any stranger perceives you, because they have all this like arsenal of kind of lies that they're taught to believe and not question. And why would they because this is the dominant narrative, and it's extremely hard to get out from under the dominant narrative. And I am so proud that our girl did that. She did that, She did that in the end and on her terms, and by doing it, she helps so many people, which is something that for me, I, you know, I sometimes get asked like, you know, why are you like how you are? And I'm sure she was asked that too. The bravery it took for her to share her health journey in a town where it's all about the look and nobody can ever see you weak, The bravery it took for her to be real and raw. For her, it was actually not that much, because that's.
Speaker 2: Who she is. For other people, it would have taken.
Speaker 1: That. GE's inconceivable that they would share those moments, these moments of deep vulnerability, these moments of weakness, and the fact that she knew she could help others and herself by having a community around her all the hats off and anybody suffering that I know she would want you to go on and keep fighting because she fought.
Speaker 2: She fought.
Speaker 1: It was amazing. Sorry that brings tears to my eyes. Moment for shoving it down. And what I'd love about this last year and a half, almost two years now, it was such a gift. She never complained. She complained about like stuff that, you know, why is the microphone not sounding right? Like professional stuff, like pro stuff.
Speaker 2: She's a pro. She was a deep pro. We're both pros.
Speaker 1: But she's a pro pro and like things to run like a pro likes things to run. And But in terms of her physical pain, her, if she had limitations, if she was tired, she just kept going. And all she would say is sometimes, you know, if too many people tried to hug her at once, she was like, you know, it's better for me not to. But she almost always gave in and would hug anyway, even though she was immuno compromised, which was.
Speaker 2: What a hero, What a heroine she was was I hate that word.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I'm gathering my It's hard when uh, a public warrior leaves because there's not that many. There's not that many that inspire me, inspire others because there's so many polished people, and I think what the world needs now, you know, more than ever are heroes, real ones, people you can really believe in, you know, and they're not gonna sell you out, They're not gonna lie, and they're gonna be transparent. And when I was so happy when I found out she was gonna come on this kind of reunion tour that we did.
Speaker 2: It was so badass.
Speaker 1: I loved sitting next to her on stage and like all of you out there listening, you've.
Speaker 2: Heard her laugh. God, what're a world class laugh?
Speaker 1: Right? She was fun and something I didn't know about Shannon. I mean I did know, but like watching her, like how many close friends she had and how she had love of her family around her. That's something I don't have as much and didn't have, and it forms you differently, and it's really inspiring and beautiful to know that, you know, if you do the work to heal the trauma with it, you don't have to be frightened of people that you can reach out a hand across troubled waters and join hands and join forces, as we did. And we had every reason. We were pitted against each other for so many years. She had every reason not to like me, not like personally, but just as in somebody that's attached to a traumatic period of your life. It's very hard. That's hard, and God, she had grace with that. She really did. It's like incredible, And my relationship for there was funny. She had a tough venire at first, you know, and we chipped away at it. And I was not in the best physical shape when I started, not like anything like she has, but something different that's manageable, and it was not in great shape when I started to tour with her, and as I started to get healthier, her started to decline.
Speaker 2: And so I feel like there's a reason that.
Speaker 1: We were put together in that last year and a half of her life. What a life she lived, she really she lived so many lives in one life, and that I certainly relate to. I know a lot of us can, but she lived life on a grand.
Speaker 2: Scale with gusto and just badass fun.
Speaker 1: One of the things we learned, I think from each other by being outspoken was actually how much more similar.
Speaker 2: We were than different.
Speaker 1: And about a month before she died, we got to be together, just alone, just me and her, for the first time ever and for the first time in twenty five years, and it was so cool and we just we actually didn't want the night to end. And it was both wholesome and that word is so dorky, but here we are.
Speaker 2: It was. It was sweet.
Speaker 1: She told me stuff that I had never known, and I told her stuff that she didn't know, and she had some questions for me and I answered them and vice versa. And then she told me she was going for some experimental treatment, and we talked about me doing the podcast with her, and I was like, I'll wait a little while longer. And I had a feeling when she said about the treatment.
Speaker 2: I just had this.
Speaker 1: That this was not really going to go well. And she looked frightened for the first time, frightened, and I gave her a big hug and I told her I loved her. I do regret not doing the podcast with her, But at the same time, I think because so much of our relationship had played out publicly that to have that period of time just for us was really special.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: To get to be on stage with her and Holly and witness their legendary friendship was really special.
Speaker 2: There's so much.
Speaker 1: About her that it's like it kind of had like she had that kind of stardust on her.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, you know.
Speaker 1: And if I have any regrets, I wish I could have gotten an hour sooner. I don't know how that would have happened, but I wish we could have. Yeah, you know, we both despised corporate feminism as they call it, like slogans and fake fake activists and people that are just do it for the clicks and the glory but without putting in actually the work and the trauma that it takes to do that work. That word is a bit overused, but sometimes it's actually really what it is, and it is and it takes a lot, you know. So if I have regrets professionally transparently, I regret ever being an actor. Yeah, I think that was the wrong drop for me. I was quite good at it, but like Shannon, I love directing more. And the last thing I did in Hollywood was direct a movie and it was nominated for Grand Jury Prize at Sundance, which was very very proud of because only filmmakers can vote for that. It's not a popularity contest. But behind the scenes it got dismantled by my longtime stalker and his posse, and that's when I knew that it would never ever stop. It was never going to stop. And that's what I said about for about four years, probably starting around twenty fourteen, talking to journalists, following journalists all over the world on Twitter as it was then called, and and writing things in a way that they would kind of go viral about every three weeks. I kind of tricked them and I hashtag something called Rose Army based on the Trojan Horse myth and the Spartans. But I didn't have a big fake horse. I just had me in a hashtag and made it sound like there are millions and millions of us, and now there are millions and millions of us. But then it was just me, and I kind of was so unusual in the things I was saying for an industry that likes only kind of the shiny false narrative that I was shocking people. And again I saw seen so many people like say, I'm a feminist. I don't even consider myself that I don't any kind of psychological operation that's run on the public with a narrative or a name. I don't consider myself a part of always been an outsider, and Shannon, you know, was always an outsider too, in a different way. But she loved Hollywood, she loved in a lot of ways, the machine of it. I did not. I was not raised there in that way. I was raised by artists, truth tellers, scientists, very different minds, and it formed me differently the way I was formed. And for me, the things that I'm most passionate about are letting people know that they are better than what they've been told, that they're braver than what they know, and in these especially scary times, that it's really important for all of us to stitch together the little joys. I live in Mexico, and my favorite word in Spanish is allegria and that means joy. So I see it like kind of just stitching together these joys, right, little things, little things birds in the trees, that beautiful rose no pun intended, growing through the crack in the sidewalk. And you know, I regret that I had to do things that were so stressful that it gave them the ammunition to portray me a certain.
Speaker 2: Way, like the angry blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: I was angry literally at the interviewer because I realized, oh my god, there's a.
Speaker 2: Whole operation being run on me.
Speaker 1: I was in the middle of my interview, an interview for my book, when they said you're the face of me too, and I didn't know. I said, what is that? And then now they're joined forever. My thing was just like power abusers, back up, We the people have a voice, We matter, we count all of us. And Shannon did that in a different way. For people struggling with a disease, this crippling, brutal disease that's caused by so many factors in our environment, caused by traumatic stress that's in our lives. I mean that eats away at us. And you know, I do think her getting to speak her truth most likely helped her live longer because it relieves that stress. And I hate that she had relationship stress towards the end of her life. But we also laughed about how neither of us were particularly very good at that sort of thing.
Speaker 2: Either.
Speaker 1: It's hard being the breadwinner and being very independent and strong and then being in a relationship, they don't kind of always match, and I wish that she had more time, as we talked about, to learn how to do it right, and I wish that too. I think we were talking about misconceptions, Shannon and I, and that the biggest misconception about her is that she was hard, but that at the same time it was the truth, but it's not who she natively was. And I would say that's the greatest misconception about me as well. We both just like to laugh and soft underneath it all. She was really good at being a star, better than me.
Speaker 2: I didn't.
Speaker 1: I was always kind of not great at that. I was very impressed with her ability to be a star. It was really cool to witness, and I had respect for that. And I think people would be surprised to learn.
Speaker 2: Probably that.
Speaker 1: I was always very shy, very very shy, not a natural born extrovert, and not somebody that ever wanted to talk about dark things or put that on people and have them look at their own darkness in their lives and see where they could bring light to it. But I am proud of that, and I am proud of collectively. My goal was to see if I could make a ten percent difference in the world, that people could think differ differently, that they could look at each other differently, that they could treat each other differently, that the dominant narrative of this is how is always going to be worldwide. I was like, why, I think I just see humans as better and I know we can be better together and not divided. And that was my own personal little goal. I slapped a hashtag on it, but that was not it for me. It was just about being better than you had to be because I'd been told for a long long time that I was, you know, not worth much, that I was worthless, blah blah blah, the boring stuff you know that gets said, the abusive stuff from home and then out in the world. And I disagreed. I disagreed, and I still do. You know, I think we grow, we've become different than who we are who I was in the late nineties. It's different than who I was in the mid two thousands. You know, when I did Charmed for so long, I really I was looking at some fashion the other day and I got really confused.
Speaker 2: I was like, why did I look a certain way?
Speaker 1: And then after the show, like I think playing page for so long, and I love that character. But I had always kind of done more kind of artistic, strange kind of jobs, not mainstream, and I was not.
Speaker 2: I didn't.
Speaker 1: My whole life was not like hanging out kind of with mainstream people. It was always kind of fringe artists, weirdos, unique writers, and there's kind of those who thought differently, looked differently. Certainly my first boyfriend, I was like thirteen, and this would be in the eight late eighties, Like he had a long skirt and like.
Speaker 2: Yeah so and makeup.
Speaker 1: I just always like creative, strange looking, unique people. And when I saw myself after Charmed, when I came out of Charmed, all of a sudden, it was everybody had to have a stylist and in Hollywood, and they had to have a makeup artist. That was it was totally different than when I started the show. And I hadn't really done a lot of press during that show, just only for the show, not like red carpets or things like that. So by the time I finished, all of a sudden, you had to have a stylist. So all of a sudden, I'm being dressed like someone I'm not by someone who I'm paying to make me look like someone I'm not, not my taste, but I'd been un charmed for so long, I'd actually forgotten who I was. I had forgotten my own taste. And I regret that period. I regret letting makeup artists put so much makeup on me that I just looked like a kind of a drag version of myself. And I regret. I regret being lost for so long from myself. That's the one thing with Shannon is I don't think she was ever lost from herself.
Speaker 2: Illness you lose.
Speaker 1: Parts of yourself absolutely, And a few years ago I went through something really horrific. I lost an extreme amount of weight and a lot of physical suffering, an intense amount of physical suffering, and I'm really proud to be making it to the other side. And she was a big part of that. She was a big part of that, and inspiring and inspiring to me that she never lost sight of who she was, She never let relationships in her life go because of injury to her psyche or trauma. She was just badass that way, and I honestly, I think we could all do with a bit more of that kind of loving badassery.
Speaker 2: I don't think that's the word, but let's make it out.
Speaker 1: I think the thing that Shannon and I were most surprised about each other was just each other. Was that away from everybody else, that we could be our soft selves.
Speaker 2: What a gift.
Speaker 1: I tried to participate in the episode right after she died, and let's be clear where people were sending I think voice memos and videos talking about her, and I tried four different times, and I would have panic attacks each time. I've never been good about shoving down emotionally, I feel something cursed, curse, curse, I've never been good at that. I definitely wear my heart on my sleeve. I couldn't do it.
Speaker 2: I couldn't.
Speaker 1: I was not ready to to say was. So I want to end this on a happy note, not crying. But I know how many people miss her, and I know how many are suffering. It's pretty amazing to have been so loved in this life, and you know what, she earned it and deserved it. So hats off to you, Shannan Doherty, my friend, and that wherever you are, because I feel you all around. I think you're definitely with your mama, Rosa and all those you loved and your beautiful dog, Bowie, and I know how much you loved your fans. I don't like the word fans, but that's the word we have to offer the people in your life, those who didn't know your friends, that you had yet to meet physically.
Speaker 2: And seeing how many.
Speaker 1: People loved you at these cons that these conventions was just so so awesome, so rad so cool.
Speaker 2: For me, I.
Speaker 1: Am focusing.
Speaker 2: On getting better.
Speaker 1: You know, it takes a lot out of you when you've been you know, kind of crucified by some parasites. And I gave you know, I did my best. It was David versus Goliath. I did my absolute best, and I went to the mat for the people. Shannon laughed. She's like, you're the only one and the whole thing that didn't profit. And I'm like, yeah, I know, it wasn't my goal. It would be nice, but it's not my goal. And I'm getting back to.
Speaker 2: Art.
Speaker 1: I'm getting back to being the artist that I always was and unique in different ways, and you know, getting life from meeting people out on the road. And yeah, I've got quite a few things up my sleeve. It'll be cool. And I know that whenever they come out that I'll be asking for her advice and her assistance in guiding, and I asked for that now. So one of the things that was very beautiful about Shannon was her belief, her religious belief and it's not cool to talk about, but I think it is actually and we shared that, and so saying a prayer for her now, lighting a candle for her always this is let's be clear. And it's been an honor and privileged Shando, to speak with you, for you, about you. Take care,