Speaker 1: Before we begin the recap, we do want to say that we are thinking and praying for Katie Thurston, who came out this weekend with an announcement that she has breast cancer. She's in the midst of it right now, planning her treatment process. She will have to undergo chemo unfortunately. So we're going to do a whole episode on breast cancer early detection, what's lookout for anything we can find out about Katie's case. We of course want to have her on at some point whenever she feels comfortable to talk about her specific case, but until then, we just want to make sure that everybody out there is getting the influid they need because this is affecting women of a lot of a younger age these days. Katie is thirty four, and it's becoming less and less shocking to hear of a thirty four year old having breast cancer. Normally it would be something that you would think of as forties, and plus that's when they tell.
Speaker 2: You to start getting your mammograms at forty.
Speaker 1: And I'm thinking that earlier is probably better now. But yeah, so we're gonna have a doctor on later this week to talk about breast cancer whole episode. We are so so sorry, and we were thinking about Katie. We're praying for every day. Really hope that you know. But if anybody is gonna like kick cancer's ass, you know it is Katie Thurston. Like, this girl is a strong, tough woman and we're behind her and giving her all the love and support we possibly consent.
Speaker 3: This is the Ben and Ashley I Almost Famous Podcast with iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: Hey, everyone, welcome to the Almost Famous Podcast. It's Ashley and Ben is still out on paternity leave, so we are here with Zachary Reality to recap this week's episode of Grand Season.
Speaker 4: Hey Zach Hello, Hello.
Speaker 5: I feel like I'm in the right place because I am like so Bachelor Nation strong. I love the show, I love the franchise. So I'm so excited to chat all things with you.
Speaker 2: And you told me off Mike that you love this season.
Speaker 1: So we are a little a bit in a disagreeance here, but I love that there are people who love this season.
Speaker 2: Why is it that it's got you?
Speaker 5: I love the girl drama and the girl competition. All of these girls are so fabulous. I feel like every week I get to know them better, and I think that's why the show gets better as it goes along because you actually get invested as time goes on. So, now four episodes in, I know everyone's name. I feel so confident going into the final seven. We have our key players left, so I think we have a good group and we have good drama.
Speaker 1: After this episode, who do you think is going to hometowns? Because that is right around the freaking corner. It's either gonna be not of course, next week, but you think it's gonna be the following week. You think we're gonna eliminate three girls next week.
Speaker 5: I kind of do. For some reason. I feel like this is a shorter season, but I don't know.
Speaker 4: I hope not.
Speaker 5: I was actually hoping would stay and that just Natalie would go because it feels like the girls are going so fast. But I think for Hometowns, I definitely see Juliana, Let's Sea, Dina and Alex in the top four.
Speaker 1: Okay, I would agree that this episode, probably there's always one episode like this kind of trimmed the fat. You know, the three obvious people to go home were the ones that went home.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but Rose was unexpected because she was like over it and they worked through it and then she just like maybe process things. A couple days later went off on Carolina spiraled and left like it was just so shocking and sudden.
Speaker 1: It was interesting, But I still think she would have been the last one to be eliminated. I just don't think they got there yet, comparable to the rest of the girls that happened that are remaining. Okay, so let's go through the episode. Group date number one is Dina. You know, all before that group day always sees them, you know, finding out that they're going to Madrid.
Speaker 2: It's the day.
Speaker 1: After the the prom rose ceremony, and people are still feeling not so great about Carolina having taken time, but we're focused on Dina.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: They do the.
Speaker 1: Classic They did the classic Spanish trip. This is what they do every time they go to Spain. The kids play soccer. There's like dancing in the streets. What else did they do on their date? There was there was one moment that I was like, oh, that's actually kind of cute.
Speaker 4: They were just kind of vibing all day.
Speaker 2: They ride a little boat. It was the boat that's nice.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And that night she was talking about how she's one of eleven, so she has a lot of siblings and then with her parents they were thirteen. So she was just talking about how she had to kind of overcome feeling like she had to prove herself.
Speaker 1: I guess right, And I just I really like I went from Okay, if you listen to the podcast, you kind of know that. Like, I just didn't think that he had it with Dina.
Speaker 2: I thought she was also.
Speaker 1: Kind of hanging by a thread. Actually I was definitely wrong. She is different than the rest of the girls. She is intimidating, like she says that she often comes across to people, but you can tell she's truly smart.
Speaker 2: She does a lot to her.
Speaker 1: And I think he thinks it's really sexy the way that she's like this strong, independent woman.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm. Yeah.
Speaker 5: But I also didn't see that much of a connection between them as well.
Speaker 4: I feel like she could.
Speaker 5: End up being more of a friend, and I don't think that he's gonna end up picking her.
Speaker 4: She also was a little boring.
Speaker 2: Okay, interested sick.
Speaker 1: I like the way that we're on different pages here. I also don't think that they're going to end up together. I'm not even sure she'll be Final four, but I think that he's very intrigued by her. I think she's different than anyone he's ever dated. And they have this interesting conversation where he says that she reminds him of his mom, but he's he's spoken about his mom and not he loves his mom. He definitely, you know, thinks that she's a great woman and so grateful for everything that like she's she did for him and his sister. But he definitely says that his mom focused too much on work. It was too focused on the provider element. And I think that he when he says that you remind me of my mom, he's thinking about that too. And then they have this discussion over like I can take care of you, you take care of me, like we have like we're both equals in this providing element of the relationship. Would you think about this this conversation.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, I definitely feel like picking Dina would be like stable, and she seems responsible, Like she seems like she'll be a great responsible She's gonna be a great wife and mother. But I just don't think that she has that like adventurous spirit, and like maybe she does, because the fiery side of her kind of came out in the coming attractions for now.
Speaker 1: She said that she went to Europe three times during the summer. Do you remember that from last week?
Speaker 4: And I didn't even remember that.
Speaker 5: But there was just something a little like boring about her where she seems like a little uptight for him.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I agree, I understand this, like I don't. Yeah, I don't see this happening. But but she's more of a contender than I thought she would be. So back at the house, the girls are speculating and.
Speaker 2: She could come home with a Rosaora like most people think she is. And the date card says that alex.
Speaker 1: Letia, Carolina, Natalie, Rose, Parisa, Zoe, and Juliana would be going on a wild ride. This means that Saraphina will get the will be getting the one on one date. During this home portion, you can already see people are chirpin about Carolina and her complaints. What's your take on Carolina's complaints thus far? Because from what I feel like we've seen, she I interpret it as she is insecure that she went on a date with him, she really liked him. She came home and she was like, oh my gosh, now I have to see other people date him and everything worry, worry, and her doubts are more of like doubting this process, Like this process is crazy. How am I actually supposed to know if I can get engaged to this guy. I don't hear her coming up with doubts about his character. Are we missing something?
Speaker 4: I think she's over sharing to the group. I think these are things.
Speaker 2: Oh well, I agree that these are things.
Speaker 5: You need to keep an interview, like this is what you tell your producers when you're in the confessionals. This is not what you share to the girls. I think she thinks that everyone. I don't know if people are asking her questions and she just really wants to just share all. But I feel like she's oversharing. She should be keeping her cards closer to her chest. And I think that's going to be her demise, is that she is letting everyone know her business. And I think that's where she put her foot in her mouth one too many times, and why she's rubbing people the wrong way, because like she's realistic and she's skeptical, but she's just like being too aloof with like her information.
Speaker 2: This is so true.
Speaker 1: Yes, these are things that you write in yourcheler diary, and that you tell your producer. But why are you telling the girls that you have any sorts of doubts? Because everybody secretly has the doubts, but you say it out loud, and it's gonna not be a good look. All right, So let's get to the group date and we'll talk more about Carolina later. So the group date's actually quite fun. It's a bull riding contest, and Alex comes up with this way to really grab onto the bull by the horse.
Speaker 2: She took the bull by the horns, and she rides.
Speaker 1: That thing well, and of course Zoe takes up her her you know her, and yeah, and she ends up beating her out with this. And I do not believe that she actually beat her in this competition. I think Alex deserved it. But it wasn't as if they really even got much of a reward for winning this, so I guess it wasn't that big of a deal.
Speaker 5: It was like a sunset champagne moment. It probably was like an extra thirty minutes.
Speaker 1: Let's say, you know what, You're right, it was was I forgot about the sunset champagne.
Speaker 2: And those moments are they're critical when you add them up.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm. Well, Zoe I think is really strong, like she was a wrestler.
Speaker 5: She has muscles, and I think riding the bull is about like staying tight to it, So I think that's why she won. And Zoe is beautiful as well. I mean she's stunning and gorgeous Zoe. She's stunned this She's also been a little bit like high maintenance too, and a lot of drama. So I think it'll be interesting if she makes it to Hometowns because she has been a rollercoaster this season.
Speaker 1: Yes, I don't know if she will, but she was one of my first guesses to make Hometowns.
Speaker 2: Who the heck knows.
Speaker 1: She Her character is all over the place because they were villainizing her last week and the week before, and now all of a sudden, she's just kind of one of the girls.
Speaker 2: No one's complaining about her.
Speaker 5: Well, Carolina has took up that spot and is really taking over the show. I mean, I'm sure she's gonna go home next week. It's gonna hit it all time high. But she's giving us a lot of material. Where do you think she ranks in Bachelor villains?
Speaker 2: Oh, Carolina, I think she said nothing villain. I don't even think she's a villain.
Speaker 1: I think she's partially being a little bit misunderstood.
Speaker 2: We will get to the and I guess you're right. This takes part at.
Speaker 1: The after party, the bull riding after party, Carolina and Juliana have their big confrontation here. I didn't like this, Okay, so call me a devil's advocate, which I tend to look at the show through devil's advocate glasses, But I thought that Juliana seemed to be a little bit villainous in this moment. She was like, do you feel that, because she was like, you are making everything up about you, like your doubts. But then it was the doubts. She's like, why do you keep talking about your doubts? And I'm like, just because the girl's expressing her doubts doesn't mean that she's not appreciative of the time that she had. She's not saying, man, I wish I didn't have that time with Grant. She's saying, I have doubts about the time that I had with him, and she's doubting the process, which, like you said, she should be saying to somebody else or in her Bachelor diary.
Speaker 2: So it's a weird move to be talking to the girls about.
Speaker 1: This, But she's technically not being not appreciative. She's just being thoughtful. Am I crazy? Our producer here is giving me support, she texted me in the chat she is she agrees. It's yeah, there's a difference between not appreciating time, which is what Juliana is accusing her of being doubtful of the time that she's had with him.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, Zach Well, it was just so weird. I love.
Speaker 5: The key moment of the night was when Carolina said, what is your question? So what's your question? Because Juliana, no one asked for your opinion. And I do think that Juliana was like kind of speaking a little bit of facts of some frustration that her and some of the other girls have had about Carolina, but ultimately, like, it's really not your business to pull her aside and tell her what you think about her when she didn't ask, And are you trying to help her, are you trying to give her advice or are you just trying to like.
Speaker 4: Let your feelings off your chest.
Speaker 5: Because other than that, go to confessional, go to say it for the women tell all like, there's no point of pulling her aside if you're not trying to help her. So it felt like she was trying to like corner her, and she did look like the villain in that situation.
Speaker 2: Oh you did, okay you thought?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 2: Okay, good, I'm.
Speaker 4: Team Carolina, but the internet is siding with Juliana.
Speaker 2: Your team Carolina.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, I've been team Carolina, even last week with the Rose stuff.
Speaker 4: I've been riding with Carolina all season.
Speaker 1: Okay, yes, So again, if they're annoyed at her time taking up time, there's been times where we get it. But last week I think she had every right to go up to him and say, hey, so this girl Rose told me that when you were like dirty dancing with me, you were thinking of her.
Speaker 2: Of course she's going to she's gonna confront him about that.
Speaker 1: That is legit, and that is this episode, the turnaround on that.
Speaker 2: We will get to that in a minute, but I just.
Speaker 1: Want to just to focus a little bit more on the Juliana conversation. It was bizarre because Juliana, who has I think, really tried to be very likable and put together. She showed some cracks in this conversation. To me, she seemed to get great joy out of telling Grant that Carolina was being a problem in the house. And she definitely, from what we've seen, exaggerated what.
Speaker 2: She's been saying because.
Speaker 1: She was like, she's had doubts about you. She's talking about how she's not sure about you. We as an audience haven't seen it. So who's in the wrong here. Is Juliana making this up? Or are the producers or the editors not showing us important stuff to the storyline, which has been our theme on this podcast all season long. Are we missing something because the puzzle pieces aren't fitting.
Speaker 5: There's off camera conversations. It was eluded last week when Rose and Carolina. That key point happened off camera. I think the girls are talking in the bunks at night, in the bathroom, in the bathroom or at night maybe like when the when they're sleeping, like do you think they're they're probably telling each other how they really feel. And I think they're testing their friendships and testing who will bring what to air. I mean Rose said this week like I would never have brought that to air, So there seems to be some miscommunication. I kind of believe Juliana, and I do think she has Grant's best interest. I also think she's a major front runner. She's actually my winter pick.
Speaker 2: Carolina is still your winter pick.
Speaker 4: No, Juliana is my winter Oh Juliana.
Speaker 5: I think there's room for Juliana to recover from this misstep that she had this week.
Speaker 1: I don't think that Juliana has misstepped in Grant's eyes, right, it seems like he's still.
Speaker 2: Very much like it does not.
Speaker 1: He said that I respect you more after you coming to me and airing this out, which was usually bachelors won't say that about somebody who is being the rat, you know. Oftentimes the you know, we gotta say what we gotta say, but usually those people don't get all the way and are barely ever said like, I respect.
Speaker 2: You more for coming to me and telling me this.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 5: But so, what happened in the group, Dad is after Juliana and Carolina's misstep, Grant came back and he kind of interrupted when they were talking to the girls in the group, do you remember, And then Grant pulled Carolyne aside because he noticed that she was crying, and then he didn't hands out.
Speaker 4: The group date Rose.
Speaker 5: Oh yes, so this is gonna make the girls dislike Carolina even more because Grant pulled her aside. Now she's getting even more time, and then no one gets a roast, So now they all feel like they got punished.
Speaker 1: Yes, you're right, Well, this is all above. You know, these are all God's hands at work. These are the Bachelor God's hands at work. Of course, Caroline is gonna be the last one to talk to him, and therefore it's gonna seem like she's the one to blame. All right, Well, then let's go on to the one group, the final one on one before we get into the real nitty gritty with Carolina. At the end of the episode, this is with Sarah Fina. They go bungee jumping, and every time I do a bungee jumping day, I contemplate whether it seems fun or or I could never do it.
Speaker 4: I would never do that in my life.
Speaker 5: I don't want to jump off a bridge, I don't want to jump out of thee I don't like roller coasters. But Sara Fina, she was fearless.
Speaker 1: See, I think I would do it over water on The Bachelor, not in life, but on the Bachelor as a bonding over love experience. Like if they had me and Jared go back and do like an episode, I would do this with him.
Speaker 2: He actually did it with Claire, so that makes it quite weird. He did it over water with Claire.
Speaker 5: They do it almost every single season. They do the bungee jump, and you know there's bachelor trivia for you. There's one girl who did not do it on her one on one date when she was supposed to jump out of a bridge.
Speaker 4: Do you know who it is?
Speaker 2: No? Who good trivia.
Speaker 4: From one Pablo season. Her name is Chelsea.
Speaker 5: She refused to jump off the bridge, so she just they just changed the date.
Speaker 4: They just didn't do it.
Speaker 2: Did he get annoyed?
Speaker 4: I don't think so, not really.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, that's so. That's such good trivia.
Speaker 5: I was thinking of like last night. The reason I thought of that was because I would never jump off a bridge. If I was Sarah Fina, like, I would be like, I'm not doing this because that seems so scary. But she was so fearless, so I really commend her for that.
Speaker 1: What I thought about was like the fact that you're going down head first, you know, and then your head hangs upside down.
Speaker 2: That seems to be the worst part.
Speaker 1: Like when they did the jump in Vegas, that seems like something I would definitely do on a bachelor date, but never voluntarily do this is just like, ah, does this actually hurt?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: And would I rather go skydiving or bungee jumping? Which one seems more dangerous? With this team, this woman that was conducting the bungee jump was making me nervous, right.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, but I feel like they were told to do that right now.
Speaker 2: Definitely they're like play along, yeah, and the safety.
Speaker 5: Because Sarafina just wasn't sweating like most people would at least be nervous, they would have to work through it together. Like she was just so tough. She was like, Okay, let's do it. And Grant was a little nervous, but it could have been way more dramatic.
Speaker 1: So Sarafina to me is the girl that got this week's date, and we'll get through to next week, but then you know, be eliminated before hometowns where it's like, oh.
Speaker 2: Did we waste that one on one?
Speaker 1: You know, like they have a nice, a nice friendly connection. I don't see a great love here, what about you?
Speaker 5: Well, you know, the highlight of the date is when Brant was like, you know, I feel like you're holding back when I try and kiss you, and she's like, yeah, my mom's watching.
Speaker 4: My mom is watching, So I don't know.
Speaker 2: It was the best.
Speaker 5: So that's where it's interesting because it's like, yes, Sarafina seems behind some of the other girls. It seems a little forced the connection. But is she just holding back because her mom is watching? Was that just a joke or is she just holding back because she's on TV? So there might be more to Serafina to be explored, but it definitely seems like she's behind even after this date, Like she's not going to be a front runner the top three.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think so either.
Speaker 1: She does talk about how she was embarrassed to be to be growing up for with a single mom. She feels like she missed out a lot on a lot and like she said that she was sad to have a traditional wedding because she didn't want to not have anybody walk her down the aisle, and that was very sweet. I mean, you know, sad, but like that was a nice, little vulnerable moment and you know.
Speaker 4: She looks like Charity.
Speaker 2: I like her. Okay, thank you, thank you. I'm like, this girl is exactly Charity.
Speaker 4: And you know who you know, Alex? She looks just like Michelle too, you.
Speaker 2: Think Alex Michelle Alex?
Speaker 1: Okay, because Alex has been I look at her every week and I go, who do you look like? She looks so much like someone. I'm not sure if it's Michelle. She has Michelle like qualities for sure. But Sarafina is Charity.
Speaker 5: Right, No, for real, I really like Sarafina. She seems sassy and fun. She did make one rude comment this season when she was saying that Zoe's dress was too short.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was weird. That's kind of isn't that a rude comment?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's not a comment that we make in today's day and age, But then again we.
Speaker 2: Do, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like, that's like the kind of thing that you're not gonna say on camera because you're not going to be like the anti feminist girl. You're not going to be the one that's putting women down right for their clothing choices?
Speaker 2: Will you whisper about it in the bathroom? Possibly?
Speaker 5: Right, So she'll probably have to clarify that at the Women Tell All. But I mean, she got the rose, so she's in the top seven. I can't believe there's only seven girls.
Speaker 1: Lefts Yeah, I know, so crazy. Okay, So let's get to the rose ceremony. Well, the cocktail party rose ceremony the most juicy part of the entire night. So I first want to just say, because I got a little comment from our producer here she goes. When Juliana was talking to Grant earlier in the episode, she was smiling ear to ear when she was talking. She's like, you know, talking about Carolina. Why was she's delivering it with such a joy and such pride. I don't know, I really that was That was weird, and I think that's gonna I'm gonna think about this a lot when it comes to Juliana in the future, especially next week when she looks to get the one on one.
Speaker 4: I think she just really thought she was right.
Speaker 5: I think she really wanted to tell her side of the story because she didn't get to. She had to wait like two days, right, because the group day ended so abruptly.
Speaker 1: She had to wait two days because the group Oh that's right, Yes, because she actually I was talking about this before. This is actually the top of the episode that he talks to Juliana from her perspective.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, I got that.
Speaker 1: Next step, Yeah, he's talking to her at the top of this nurse cocktail party party. Yeah, all right, So this is when Grant says that Carolina the situations and bothering him a lot. He's saying he doesn't know how he feels about Carolina, and it's concerning after what Juliana has told him. So then he pulls Carolina aside and says that it's been hurting him to hear that she's questioning this, this whole thing, that he's developed.
Speaker 2: A spot a soft spot for her after.
Speaker 1: They're one on one, because you know, she revealed about the fact that she has epilepsy, and he said that he wanted to take care of her, really really sweet, and then she said, it's very frustrating to hear all this. She says that it's more normal to have doubts and questions after this is.
Speaker 2: Such a good point.
Speaker 1: It's more normal to have doubts and questions about somebody that I went on a first date with than to just be like, hey, I'm going to marry him tomorrow, And I'm like, yes, Carolina exactly.
Speaker 4: She's speaking facts.
Speaker 1: It's always the person that brings realism to the show that gets villainized.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 5: Well, it'll be interesting if Carolina makes it to hometowns too, and then that becomes a conversation with her family.
Speaker 1: Yes, and it probably will, because it's always a quite The family's always like this process seems kind of weird.
Speaker 2: Isn't it weird to like get engaged to somebody you've got on two.
Speaker 1: Dates with and you know, I'm sure they're just gonna echo her feelings. And then Grant says that it's unfair if he goes into a date and doesn't give one hundred percent of himself. Carolina says she doesn't have a lot of hope going to tonight. She feels defeated, and then we have this moment between Dina and Carolina where Dina says that she knows that she's being misunderstood. Dina's crying on behalf of Carolina. She's saying, I see you, I see you, and they have this hug and you've if you've been like watching really carefully, you can see that the two of them do have this friendship throughout the house.
Speaker 2: I think it's gonna.
Speaker 1: End next week because Dina has this moment with Carolina by the stairs and she's like, ah, if you're gonna go see Grant one more time, like you're out of your mind.
Speaker 2: I'm the f I'm crazy. I'm just crazy. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I think their friendship is going to end. But I do think this is a sweet supportive moment for Dina, and she is seeing what we see the girl was. I can't get over the fact the girl was told last week that he was thinking of someone else's dirty dance while dirty dancing with her, that was.
Speaker 2: An appropriate time to have alone time.
Speaker 1: She is getting from what I got. I know it's I just have to keep reiterating from what we're seeing. I think she's getting the shit end of the stick. I think the girls are being overly dramatic. I think they needed to come up with a villain, so they're coming up with where they're coming up with Carolina. So I'm glad to see her getting a little support in the moment from Dina.
Speaker 5: It's definitely one of It's a good moment because it's nice that someone has Carolina's back. So it's not the entire house against her. So it was a nice moment for Dina. But if Carolina really burns Dina next week, like we're seeing the coming attractions, I mean, that's her burning her last bridge, and then she's gonna have no one left but Grant, and he's probably gonna sent her home on an island, and then she's gonna have to confront all these girls that the women sell all and that'll be tough for her as well. So I'm rooting for Carolina. I think maybe where she misstepped, like I said earlier, is just by oversharing and maybe being a little too emotional at times. Other than that, like she's had a lot up against her.
Speaker 2: Yes, we will.
Speaker 1: I will continue to give Dina the I mean I will continue to give Carolina the benefit of the doubt until Dina doesn't. I feel like I am team Dina because she has her head on straight.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: The craziest part of the entire.
Speaker 1: Episode to me is Rose and Carolina, because she goes, I confided in you, and then you use that information against me. Your actions set my relationship back. You sabotaged me, you did mean dirty, you backstabbed me, it was nutty.
Speaker 2: I was like, Wow, let's pull back for a minute.
Speaker 1: You told someone, Hey, the guy that we're dating was thinking about me when you were straddling him.
Speaker 2: Okay, and you think.
Speaker 1: That was an okay thing to say out loud to the person. And now you're gonna make her seem like the bad guy for wanting clarity. She spiral was this crazy bachelor stuff. The way she looked at her, you did me dirty?
Speaker 2: Are you are out of your mind? Okay?
Speaker 5: Well it was because it seemed like her and Grants threw things over. They had a conversation about moving on. Grant still kept her last week, even though he was mad at her. I thought they would have closure on the conversation this week and maybe clarify what was said and what wasn't.
Speaker 4: They really didn't dive into it.
Speaker 5: So that's kind of frustrating because he did say it, so Rose ended up getting.
Speaker 1: So you think that you think that he said it, So this is this is this is a great conversation right here.
Speaker 2: Did he say it or did he or did she misinterpret it?
Speaker 4: Well? I guess it's both.
Speaker 5: There is a clip going around where basically he said that he never said Carolina's name. He just said he was thinking about her while he was dancing, so it was more of a general statement, and it seemed like no one ever inserted Carolina's name into there except for Carolina or Rose. That's that's why the off camera conversation is confusing.
Speaker 1: So I'm wondering if, like a lot of the missing puzzle pieces over the season, has just been like them letting these girls chat unmiked too often, too many bathroom conversations, too many, too many bunk conversations. Like you said, we used to be miked if we were chatty at all, they were like they came to us with our mics. I wonder if they don't have a lot. But the weird thing is, I don't know. I think there's booms in every room where, Like they can at least show the footage from the top and like put close captioning underneath it, Like I would love some close captioning, like hidden camera stuff.
Speaker 4: I don't think they're doing that anymore.
Speaker 5: They haven't done that this season, or maybe they've changed the rules recently. I don't think they're being as basis with the filming. They don't show people in the bedrooms anymore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the bedroom conversations are key.
Speaker 5: They're gone, and I think that's what's missing in the Rose and Carolina context and why we don't really know who is right until we get to the women tell all and see them hash it out.
Speaker 1: This happened last season too, with Joey's season. It was like, well, what was actually said? We need the footage, And I would always argue that, like they had the footage, they just didn't want to give it to us because they wanted the narrative that they wanted to go with, right.
Speaker 5: But I think with Rose it's like, I think her relationship was set back because her and Grant were not able to overcome that. And maybe you can partially blame Carolina, but like, what is she supposed to do after what you said to her off camera? Like, of course she's going to bring it up. So Rose kind of did this to herself and she's blaming Carolina for her demise, and she spiraled and she went home and maybe she should have had a conversation with Grant about it, but it seemed like she just started crying and just needed to leave. Do you think there was more to that that was cut of her meltdown.
Speaker 2: I actually don't.
Speaker 1: I think she just like probably knew it wasn't going to be her. She felt so behind. She's like, there's no catching up. I would rather take the power and be the one to leave than get dumped at the rose ceremony. And I understand that dumping at a rose ceremony is like the ultimate demoralization.
Speaker 5: Really, I feel like I would want to like get dumped at a rose ceremony because it's like part of the show, Like it's like you have to commit to it.
Speaker 1: I'm all of my four seasons, I never left at a rose ceremony. I did technically in season three of Bachelor in Paradise, and then I.
Speaker 2: Came back right. So I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think that a lot of it, like you know, how you want to be the person to break up with somebody when you feel like the relationships on the Fritz, there's just a way to bring back your power. So I don't know, I think that I don't think there was much more to it other than the fact that she was feeling very behind. But you know what, it was funny I was thinking when she was like, I.
Speaker 2: Just want to go home. I just want to go home.
Speaker 1: I was like, of all my seasons, I never said I wanted to go home.
Speaker 2: I was like, I want to be here.
Speaker 1: There was a time on Bachelor in Paradise three where I was like I should go home. Nobody why I think I should probably go home. That's different then I want to go home. I was like, I made a huge mistake in coming here anyway.
Speaker 2: All right now, I'm just reminiscing.
Speaker 1: All right, well next week we see and like you said, yes, Parisa, Natalie go home to me. That's not a shocking thing at all. Parisa in the Rocks, she probably had some hope because he gave her a gift that she was going to stick around.
Speaker 4: I'm sad for her. I wanted her one more week.
Speaker 1: Really, she's so ridiculous. But I'm sure she's not as ridiculous in her life. You know, they just made her like the silly character.
Speaker 4: She was a little silly. I was sure the power point, the cat.
Speaker 1: The power point was definitely her silliest of things.
Speaker 5: Just her fashion. She was just always different. Natalie was a little boring from the beginning, and she just did not do anything.
Speaker 1: Natalie had the kid with the kids going on, you know her. Her being so good with the kids at the basketball game was her standout moment.
Speaker 5: I think got it. Natalie and Dina looked alike in my opinion.
Speaker 2: I see that. I see that.
Speaker 1: So next week they're going to Scotland, Julianna is going to have her one on one and uh, we have the moment with Carolina on the steps where she said, what was the words that you said?
Speaker 5: You got it right, you did I'm the villain. What Dina said, you did me dirty? I Uh what Dina said to Carolina, if you're going to.
Speaker 2: Guess I'm I guess I'm crazy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, call me crazed or call me insane. Yeah, because she's going to talk to Grant again. And that's why the girls are so mad at Carolina, because she just monopolizes all the time.
Speaker 4: She just steals him the most.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's definitely gonna go home next week.
Speaker 1: I don't think it'll be at a rose ceremony. I think they're going to have some conversation and she's gonna slip out the back door.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be wild.
Speaker 1: Alrighty well, Zach, thank you so much for joining us, and tell everybody where they can find you.
Speaker 2: And all your goodies like you.
Speaker 1: Have the greatest TikTok insight into not just the Bachelor, but other pop culture hot topics.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 5: Everything is Zach great reality. So follow me on Instagram, TikTok, and YouTube. I have a lot of interviews with the Traders cast out right now, so if you guys are watching Traders on Peacock, you'll definitely want to check out my interviews.
Speaker 1: Love it all right, Thanks Zach, We'll see you next time. We love you as a fellain.
Speaker 4: Thank you, bye, guys.
Speaker 2: Tail that I've been, Ashley, I've been Zach.
Speaker 4: Bye.
Speaker 3: Follow the Ben and Ashley I Almost Famous podcast on iHeartRadio or subscribe wherever you listen to podcasts.