Speaker 1: Now here's a highlight. From Coast to Coast am on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: And welcome back to Coast to Coast George nor with you. Paul Selling, as I mentioned, considered to be one of the world's most foremost spiritual channelers working today. In his thirteen breakthrough works of channel literature, including I Am the Word and Resurrection and his New One, A World Made New, he awakens to its own divine nature. Born in New York City, Paul received his master's degree from Yale. A spiritual experience in nineteen eighty seven left him clairvoyant. He'll talk about that. Paul served on the faculty of NYU for twenty five years, directed the graduate writing program at Goddard College, and now offers channeled workshops internationally. Lives in Hawaii, where he maintains a private practice as an intuitive and conducts frequent live stream seminars. Paul Selling back on Coast to Coast Paul, always a pleasure having you on the program.
Speaker 3: I'm glad to be here. Thank you, George. Have you been I've been really well. I'm I'm glad. I'm glad to be here. I'm glad to be.
Speaker 2: Working or jet some hurricane activity out that way. Everything okay, everything's fine, Everything's fine.
Speaker 3: I'm in a jungle, so when we get it, it's a little bit different than elsewhere, but it's quite beautiful even when it's storming.
Speaker 2: What happened to you in nineteen eighty seven that left you in this amazing situation?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 3: I had come to a potential awareness that maybe there was something like God in the universe. I had been raised an atheist, but I'd begun to have some experiences that were leading me to think otherwise. And I heard there was this thing happening in eighty seven called the Harmonic convergence and that people were going to be waking up. And I thought, well, if there is a god and you asked to be woken up, why would it want to say no. It didn't make any sense to me. So I went up to the roof of the building that I was living in New York at that time, and I asked to be woken up. And I tried to teach myself how to meditate, which I'd never done before, and I ended up having an experience of energy moving through my body and out through the top of my head that people later said sounded like a spontaneous Kundalini awakening for oh. I know, I was hyperventilating, but it was quite something for me, and it was experiential and I couldn't deny it. And then I started seeing little lights around people after that, which was really the beginning of an awakening to psychic abilities that I really hadn't known that I had.
Speaker 2: You have now written thirteen books that have been channeled towards you by the other side. Who's on the other side doing this? Was it just one entity or a whole bunch of them?
Speaker 3: It's a collective. They mostly use we a say we have come, we are here to teach. I've had an experience of one primary guy that I've seen a few times. He shows up in a very specific way, and I'm quite comfortable with him, and at times he steps into me when he works in my eyes, which are dark hazel, go a very very pale blue which people can see when he works through me. But it's a collective of their teachers. They've been named that they've come with his melkitha deek when they use a name, but they also say things like we are who you become when you know who you are, meaning all of us when we awaken to our are true to my nature, you know, have this capacity. So their teachers and they're here to teach, and that's what they've been doing through all these books.
Speaker 2: Have you read any books on just you or have they all been channels?
Speaker 3: Well, they've all been channeled so far. Actually just I think The Woman's Coming Out is the twelfth coming out today, and the thirteenth is done last week. They finished dictation and I'm writing a memoir, so you're the first person to ask about that, But yeah, I'm trying to tell my story. I find it much easier to take dictation from the guides because there's no editing and there's no rewriting. Everything that shows up in the book is literally as it's and writing is harder for me now, at least I think in terms of having to do it well. And when I'm channeling, I'm really just a radio playing a broadcast, and the broadcast is not my business. My business is to try to keep up with the dictation as quickly as it comes.
Speaker 2: I know when you channel, which you will do next hour with phone calls. It is truly remarkable how they work through you did they find you, or did you find them?
Speaker 3: You know, I may never know. I had an experience when I was five of being in my hovering over my bed, which I now all these years later, believed to be the guide or the primary guide that I work with. And it was the only out of body experience I've ever had in my life, because I was in bed looking up at this being, and then I was on the ceiling looking down at myself having a conversation with it. So I understand that this is a relationship that I've had with them that probably predates this lifetime. But I asked in some ways, you know, when I started waking up to spirit, it floored me because I'd lived in a world where such things were impossible, and suddenly I was beginning to get evidence that there was far more to know than what I had been taught. And so I asked to be developed. And I think when we ask, we get the answer. And I either was already waiting in the wings and they knew it was going to happen, which is what it sounds like when they explain it to me, or I was just willing enough to say, I don't know what this means, but I'm willing to go on the journey, and I have for quite a long time now.
Speaker 2: And what a journey it has been for you, Paul.
Speaker 3: It really has been. When I think, when I reflect on it, my life is completely different than I would have fought it could be. And I'm grateful for this work, and I also understand that I may never fully understand it, and i know that I have capacity for this, and I've developed a skill set through showing up for this again and again and again. But I've gotten past the idea of thinking of it as special and as something that is just present and that we all have capacity for if we're open to aligning at a higher level or to higher wisdom than we walk around with every day.
Speaker 2: Paul, what seems to be the overall theme or message that these guides are trying to convey through your writings.
Speaker 3: Well, there's a few of them, but the primary one, I think is that we're not who we think we are, that who we are is infinitely greater, and that we've been operating through They call it a veil of separation, or a belief that we're separate from source and consequently from one another, and in fact that's a lie. So in reclaiming our own true nature or whatever you want to call it, the God within the inner light, it doesn't really matter what you call it. In that reclamation, you begin to reclaim a relationship with Source and with everything else in a very different way. They say we're living in an octave of vibration as low tones and high tones. We can think of low tones as evil or hatred or war, and high tones is love. But they say there are other octaves beyond this octave, and that any piece of music can be transposed to be sung or played in a higher way. And they're teaching transposition how we can be sung or played in a higher reality.
Speaker 2: I love the title of this book, a World Made New, tell us about that.
Speaker 3: They promised in the first book, which was called I'm the Word, which was dictated in two thousand and nine, before I even knew that this could happen, that they were going to be teaching eventually about how reality is renown and re sein through consciousness. And the World Made New is a teaching of what happens when we individually and collectively at a higher level, which means we lift in vibration to a higher level of resonance where we're not operating through fear or the idea of fear, which they say colors everything that we do, whether or not we're aware of it, is no longer present. And at that level of alignment, the idea of who we are as of source claims source in all that it sees. And they say, basically, when you witness the divine in what is before you, at this level, what you see before you is lifted to its true nature or the God that's within all things. They say, there's one note sung in the whole universe, and it's out pictured as all things. We've just denied it. So a world made new is the recreation of the manifest world at a higher level of tone and vibration beyond fear.
Speaker 2: How does it echo the Book of Revelation? Is there any similarities?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 3: It's interesting because there are. And I wasn't with this stuff. So they talk, the guides talk about the upper Room, which I think is in a different gospel. I didn't know it was in the gospels until somebody told me. But the upper room is where they teach from. They say, it's the next level of consciousness, or the octave above the common field, which is reality that we know. But one of the claims, and a number of the claims and the guides work with what they call claims of truth or vibrational attunements, which are spoken words or incantations or affirmations that work energetically with us. One of them is behold, I make all things new, which they say is claimed by the divine cell or the God within at that level of vibration, the upper room, and that is what actually calls a new world into being. So you can call it the God within, the indwelling Christ. There's a name for it in every religion I expect, But there are a lot of echoes. And I don't hear teachings of destruction. I hear teachings of enormous upheaval and great awakening coming, and they're positive, but they're not necessarily comfortable. You know, everything I understand will be changing in the coming generations.
Speaker 2: Is that changing for the good?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is changing for the good. But I don't know that we get out of this with a magic Wand I think we have to look at what we've created. They've said humanity at a time of reckoning, and a reckoning is a facing of oneself in all of one's creations. This is done individually. We have to look at our ownnesses and collectively, and we have to see how our consciousness contributes to the very things we say we don't want, how we align to war and bigotry and hatred and all of these things. So I think what's begun to happen in the last number of years is we're getting to see these things whether are right before us. We can't ignore them, and we're accountable to what we see. The Guide say, if you can see it, if you can think about it, that means you're in alignment or co resonance with it. At a level of vibrational tone, you lift to the higher tone, which is the upper room, and then you can lift what's been held in the lower to you, which they say is how a world is made new. So the upheaval, I think is challenging. I think it's ongoing. I hear it's a few generations before we sort of settle into something much better or much different than we know. But we're in a process right now of excavation. If you think of excavating your backyard and digging up all the junk that was buried five years ago and five thousand years ago. That's what we're doing, and we're having to look at it.
Speaker 2: We're talking to one of our favorite guests, Paul Sellig. His latest book is called The World Made New. His website is linked up at coastcosdam dot com. You've also got a presence on Facebook and Twitter X don't you Paul?
Speaker 3: Not Twitter right now? Facebook and Instagram excellent, excellent.
Speaker 2: I know you get a lot of different kinds of people asking you for assistance and help. What have been some of the most dramatic things the spirit channelers have asked.
Speaker 1: Of you.
Speaker 3: Personally? What they've asked of me? I think it's I think it's there's an agreement here that I show up for this work even when I'm doubting it or confused by it, or it's the last thing that I want to do, and they're going to show up anyway. So I've channeled. I think I channeled the day my mother passed. You know, I had people that were expecting me, and I was online and I was doing it. So I show up regardless, and then they show up and they deliver the teaching. So I've had to learn how to step aside and let my ego be out the door, because it's not about that. I'm challenged by this every time I do it. It's like jumping out off of a diving board every time and trusting that there's water in the pool. And I've been doing this for a long time now, but it's still the unknown because I don't know what's going to come out of my mind out until it does.
Speaker 2: So there have been times that you didn't want a channel, you were doing something human, yeah, and they came at you.
Speaker 3: Well, they don't, you know, I'm if I'm in the grocery store. I'm in the grocery store. They don't. They rarely interrupt me. If I say if I'm standing at the edge of the highway and I say that's a good time, you know, to cross into oncoming traffic, they might say not wise, which means if I want to get killed, I can do it, but it's not the best decision I can make. Mostly they come in response to questions. But if there's an appointment to channel, whether it's a group or a class or or client, I'm present for that and they show up anyway. So I've had some very very hard days where I thought it would be impossible and that I was in no shape to channel, and they come through and deliver Christine lectures. There's a whole book that was done when I thought I was sort of falling apart, and the book is kind of amazing, And they were working with what I was going through to prompt to teach, so it was all essential in part of that package. So I've learned to trust them in this way, But I think my comfort isn't necessarily their primary concern.
Speaker 2: Do they sometimes wake you out of a deep sleep.
Speaker 3: No, I don't think I've been communicated with in my sleep. I've channeled. I've woken up channeling in my sleep, which is really curious when you wake up speaking and you don't know what you're speaking. When I was first opening up in my early thirties, I would wake up doing what I now know are moudras or hand gestures that correlate to energetic I guess agreements or systems, and I had no idea what was going on until somebody explained it to me. But I'm not harmed by this. My nervous system I believe is used. It's kind of overridden for me to do this and it's taxing. But nobody told me when I first started that people only do this for half an hour at a time. And I know when i'm channeling a book, a whole book can be done in twenty two days of sittings. It's that that just comes out fully formed and then it's done. So I'm often working for hours.
Speaker 2: When you channel, and people will have an opportunity to hear this. Next hour, we hear the voice of the channel are going through you, don't.
Speaker 3: We Well, it's different. I work two ways. When I'm working as a channel, I'm taking dictation, and I think channeling or true channeling, is straight dictation. So if you think of me as a stenographer and a spoken scenographer, the first transmission comes on a whisper, and I often repeat it in a louder voice. And this is something that I got into when I first started. It's stuck. When I work psychically, I'm actually listening to the person i'm reading for. So if Jane has a question, Jane becomes the radio station that I'm tuning into, and if the guides want to comment on Jane's question, they will. The guides I find don't necessarily care if we get the promotion at work or if our kid gets into the right school. But they do care about how we live, how we grow, and how we treat ourselves and one another. So I worked psychically in channel and they complement each other in many many ways.
Speaker 2: Have they ever given you future information of events?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they have, and they're still doing it. The book that they just finished dictating, they're talking about that. I didn't know that I would get this early on. The first time it really happened was nine to eleven and I was living in New York at the time, and the person that I was with was opening up a business in Lower Manhattan and said, ask the guides, will I be able to make the rent in October? And the answer was no. And the question why was answered with was because there's going to be a terrorist attack in Lower Manhattan. And I believe they gave the day too because there was an eleven in it. I don't look for that stuff. I got that through the back door, and I don't go seeking it. When they talk about changes, they're generally talking about changes culturally. The Book of Truth, which was one of their books, predated all of this stuff coming to the surface. That have been buried and hidden, and they predicted that happening, that we're going to go through a period of excavation and exhumation of untruth and having to sort through stuff, and we did, and we're still doing it. And they're talking now about it taking a number of generations for us to come into our own in a new way. But they say that the people that are being born now are being born at a different level of awareness where they're not going to be an agreement to things that are lies or corrupt systems. And when people stop going into agreement, which is they say, energetic accord, the old begins to fall away. So we're in a process of that, and I think we're going to continue to be in a process of that for a number of years.
Speaker 2: Truly. Remarkable, truly is what it seems to be their biggest message for us.
Speaker 3: Paul, I should ask them, well I do. They're saying, know who you are? No, and no means realize. So you know, I can say, I'm a man of this age. I live, you know, in the state of Hawaii. I do this kind of work and these are ways of knowing myself. But who I am and who you are and who everybody is is vastly more than that. They say, we're each in aspect of the Creator, and that the Creator within us, which by whatever name you want to call it, is seeking to realize itself through us for the betterment of all. You don't lose yourself in this, You actually gain an awareness of universal knowing, which is far greater.
Speaker 1: Listen to more Coast to Coast am every weeknight at one am Eastern and go to Coast to coastam dot com. No there