Speaker 1: Oh I love when we get these check in from one of our Second Date couples. It's called an update update.
Speaker 2: Yes, well name that's smart.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the Second Date Podcast. And remember, okay, we are going to play the original call. You may have already heard this original call. It's important a mistake, No, it's important for you to know what's up before we get this couple back on the phone. Yes, it is part three that we're going to hear them and get their update from them. So yeah, stick around.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there'll be a little ad before part three.
Speaker 1: Stick around. Yeah, it's worth it. Okay, here we go. What do you see in the comments?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Jay said, I love listening to Brooke and Jeffrey so much. When I'm watching hockey games, intermission feels way too long, so I listened to these during intermission times the trick so I can speed up the time.
Speaker 2: Like fifteen to twenty minutes. I'm the same in between hockey intermissions. What am I going to do? Yeah, I'm like, I play a couple of games of Fortnite.
Speaker 1: Man, All right, well, I guess turn it on. The game's going good. Let's yeah go to your team. Update update starts right now.
Speaker 4: It's the classic phrase you always hear, oh, I normally never do this on a first date.
Speaker 1: This means that you always do it.
Speaker 4: As they walk out of the exhibit at the Botanical Garden because the nearby porta pot is broken.
Speaker 2: I swear this never happens to me. By the way, can I borrow a leaf real quick?
Speaker 4: In today's call, we had one of those moments where somebody says, I normally never would do this, but oh boy did they. You're gonna find out what it was in your brand new second date update Update. We're gonna do it next.
Speaker 2: Broken Jeffrey in the morning. Second date updates.
Speaker 4: When your date plans change at the very last second, not by your choice, but because of like an unforeseen obstacle with the venue, like the baseball game got rained out.
Speaker 2: The KFC ain't out of chicken. That doesn't happen. What's your mood?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 2: How do you respond?
Speaker 4: You could instantly give up right there and say no, I'm not doing this. I'll FaceTime you from my bubble bath, But I don't pivot on the fly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, be flexible, Jeff, Be spontaneous.
Speaker 2: That is the other option.
Speaker 4: Shake it up, do something new and Apparently that's what one of our listeners, Sierra, had to do recently on her date, and I'm curious what that looked like. So Sierra, welcome to the show.
Speaker 6: Hi.
Speaker 1: You sound like go with a flow type of person.
Speaker 2: Sound of lady.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's good.
Speaker 2: Sorry to hear that your date plans crash. But tell us what happened.
Speaker 5: So I met this guy, Ashwyin on a dating app.
Speaker 1: Oh, he sounds fancy and rich. His name is Ashwyn.
Speaker 5: I'm not gonna lie. The name intrigued me. But what I really liked the most was he was playful, Like he was kind of saucy, but not disrespectful, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: A little bit, but like totally joking.
Speaker 2: Yes, like talking to your grandpa.
Speaker 4: But sixty years ago at all, everybody has a grumpy grandpa who likes to poke fun at them, right grumpy?
Speaker 1: Yes, Oh, it's like he's not an old man.
Speaker 6: He's flirty.
Speaker 2: His name is Ashwyin.
Speaker 1: He sounds like, Okay, you got us there, Jeff.
Speaker 4: But the rest okay, well, we all have different images of what Ashwyn is.
Speaker 2: But what was the plan for the date?
Speaker 5: Well, you know, I'm happy to say that wasn't my first impression. I liked him. I liked him enough to uh say yes to a date with him, and I think that he was kind of trying to impress me, which obviously is fine with me. Like he had made rooftop bar reservations at this like trendy place.
Speaker 4: Okay, so you sound like you're excited to get some rooftop drinks.
Speaker 5: Oh, I was so excited. I love this kind of thing. And we go up the elevator and the guy at the door said he was so sorry, but the whole place was closed for like some kind of a cryptocurrency event.
Speaker 4: Oh god, crypto thing. Yeah, I know, people who could afford to rent out an entire money.
Speaker 1: I just picture a bunch of dudes with receding hairlines.
Speaker 2: Yeah, telling each other the same thing popper vests.
Speaker 4: Yeah, careful, you're turning a Lexus on too. Oh no, but that's what a bummer. Your whole playing for the night just got totally ruined.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean it was really disappointing, but I just said, screw it, let's take a walk. I'm not wearing the greatest shoes for it. But I just really wanted to spend time with him at that point. So we walked down the street and we walked and talked for a while, and we just kind of ended up at this old It was just like a diner, like a normal you know. Okay, Okay, it wasn't like a cute like, oh, we're trying to be retro diner. It looked like it had just been there for like seventy years.
Speaker 2: From like no house.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the grease trap hasn't been kien in at least two years.
Speaker 4: Okay, we're putting a lot of emphasis on like the location of the day, But what about the bond, the connection between you and Ashwyd Did that change once.
Speaker 2: You ended up at the crappy diner?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 5: I mean it was honestly, it was kind of perfect. Like we were sitting there eating cheese fries and drinking milkshakes in our formal clothes, just talking, you know, and probably because the plans had changed and we were thrown in the situation, we ended up having just the greatest, most real conversation it was.
Speaker 1: That's such a good sign for anyone. If you can be anywhere with someone and still have a good time, that means that you actually have a real connection.
Speaker 5: Yes, and after our plans felt through, you know, like it just felt so good. It felt so comfortable talking to him. We've talked for hours.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, how could he not be cam?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, how did this night end?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 5: Okay, so one thing led to another. He kissed me good night, and he did, of course, end up at his plan.
Speaker 4: Really post chili cheese fries, you guys went back.
Speaker 2: To this place.
Speaker 5: Hey, I'm telling you, I felt very comfortable with him, and apparently I didn't leave till the next morning, impact, which is unusual for me.
Speaker 1: But what did he say? Was he there when you woke up? Yeah?
Speaker 5: No, he was just his sweet, playful selfie give me a little kiss on the nose, which I thought was adorable, And.
Speaker 1: So it wasn't even awkward the next morning, Yeah.
Speaker 6: Not at all.
Speaker 4: It makes me wonder if it was like one of those typical guy things where it wasn't enough of a challenge and it became too easy, so the guy gets bored.
Speaker 1: He doesn't sound like a guy that is like that, though, Jeff, This sounds like they never do until it sounds like they were just vibing on a deeper level than that. If he just wanted to get in her pants and that's all he wanted, or he was disappointed in that they could have gone anywhere and just gone and drank.
Speaker 4: Maybe he knew that crypto event was happening and this was all set up as like a little ruse to be like, look at me, Look.
Speaker 2: How spontaneous I could be. Let's go back to my class.
Speaker 1: You are so cynical against men right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm just telling you this. I've heard guys do stuff like this and sometimes even worse.
Speaker 1: I know, I still want to thank for the best, jeff I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, you can be naive if you want, but let's call it Ashwin and we'll see what he has to say with your second date update right after this, hold.
Speaker 1: On Brook and Jeffrey in the morning Second Date Update. You're in the middle of a second date update update, and we're gonna find out how the couple is doing right after you here Part two.
Speaker 2: Wow, another first date blown up by a pod of crypto bros. Oh every single week we deal with this.
Speaker 4: Because our listener Sierra was supposed to meet a guy named Ashwin at a rooftop bar, but of course, when they arrived, the entire venue had been rented out by a bunch of crypto nerds geeking out over yield farms and stabilizing their coin pools whatever they like to talk about.
Speaker 2: Look at these candlesticks popping. They don't even know what that means, but it disgusts me.
Speaker 1: No wonder, I don't enjoy any of it.
Speaker 4: Here's the thing. Sierra and Ashwin didn't let that kill their night. They actually swung it into a really fun evening at a local diner.
Speaker 2: Which eventually led into a sleepover.
Speaker 1: A really good sounds so sweet, it.
Speaker 2: Did, until Ashwyn is suddenly not calling her.
Speaker 1: Back, and you've reached out to him, or you haven't, You're just waiting to hear from him.
Speaker 5: This was what was so weird. We texted a little bit after that, but he just I got the vibes that he was not interested.
Speaker 2: Huh oh, even through texts. Yeah, yeah, I feel that energy shit for sure.
Speaker 1: I hope it's one of those where he's just scared of real love.
Speaker 4: It's not stupid, but sometimes, like you had said, do challenge.
Speaker 6: Like if it's too easy and everything is great, sometimes people don't like to.
Speaker 2: Be in that space.
Speaker 4: I don't know we'll see which category Ashwin falls into if we're able to get him on the phone to dial.
Speaker 2: His number right now. Two perfect category. We're praying for a Disney ending.
Speaker 1: Getting her another nose kiss, jeff.
Speaker 2: What a promise. Here we go. Hello, Hey, is this Ashwin?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Hey man, thanks for answering. You're on a radio show right now. It's called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Welcome to the show. Ashwin. Hi, it sounds like you might be busy or something right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I hope you have a second to talk to us, because we're doing a segment called a second Date update.
Speaker 6: Sure, it'd be weird.
Speaker 2: Okay, you give him a lot of credit.
Speaker 4: So the reason that we're calling is because you went out on a date recently with a listener to our show, a woman named Sierra.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, you mean.
Speaker 5: So.
Speaker 4: Here's the thing, Sierra. We talked to her and she told us about your hang the other night.
Speaker 1: The diner sounded so cute.
Speaker 2: It sounded pretty good.
Speaker 4: Despite all the obstacles that came up, you two were able to have a really good thing.
Speaker 2: Would you agree with that?
Speaker 6: I mean, we we did. It was probably one of the most amazing date been on.
Speaker 4: What the heck, bro, we're over here waiting to find like crazy reason.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's so sweet.
Speaker 4: Sorry to be so emotional about it, but it's just that, you know, Sierra is really confused.
Speaker 6: It's just kind of embarrassing for you or for Sierra. For me.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, if it's too much to share.
Speaker 2: You should do it anyway, because.
Speaker 3: I don't want to, you know.
Speaker 2: And Sierra really deserves to know, wouldn't she say?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Yeah, no, she is. She's really awesome. This is mostly mostly a me a meet thing.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, if you're willing to open up to us, just even a little bit, and we could pass the message to her, I think that would go a long way.
Speaker 6: We had this amazing, amazing night, and she told me that she doesn't do this a lot, where she goes to a guy's place, and that she was curious where.
Speaker 4: She ranks, where she was, where shes like compared to other people.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I was, I was very I was very thrown off by that question.
Speaker 1: Question a joke totally, it was.
Speaker 6: It was not a joke because I asked her to clarify. I said, what do you mean? And she said, well, I'm sure you've been with X amount of people.
Speaker 1: Kind of a rude to some shy assumption person, but you know what, or it's a testament to your experience that yeah, you could take it as a compliment.
Speaker 2: What did you I mean, did you actually rank her?
Speaker 1: God?
Speaker 6: No, well, I told her that I'm not sure how to answer that.
Speaker 2: It's good, And.
Speaker 6: Eventually I said top three for sure.
Speaker 1: Oh that's cute.
Speaker 2: That's answer like what I take.
Speaker 4: Top three? That's great, And you don't want to say number one because then you're too eager and I don't believe.
Speaker 1: It if you say number one.
Speaker 6: But then I told her, since I answered this for you, you have to reciprocate.
Speaker 2: Why would you do that? You WoT that she asked it to him?
Speaker 6: Oh god?
Speaker 2: What did she say?
Speaker 6: She said, you're definitely in my top five.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's not bad, a little bit lower than what your.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it gets worse. I asked her out of how many? No, and she said maybe five.
Speaker 2: O five, So you're in the top one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: That changed everything for you, okay soon? Because it just changed everything for me.
Speaker 6: I didn't really know what to say because I already felt so vulnerable. You know, we're in my bed naked and we've just been together.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's like getting a participation trophy.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, maybe maybe there was some sort of miscommunication or she didn't say quite what she meant. And I'll give her a chance to explain herself right here, because I need to let you know. Sierra is on the other line of this call, listening, wanting to talk to you.
Speaker 1: Oh god, oh god, she's the one that should be embarrassed.
Speaker 5: Hi, who tells five is like the number one ring, like it's the best?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you were going backwards.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, she's like.
Speaker 2: I can't trying to save you.
Speaker 5: I feel so bad. First of all, Ashlynn, I'm so so sorry. I can't believe I made you feel that way, and you've been feeling that way this whole time.
Speaker 6: Yeah, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 5: Okay, if I if I explain a little bit.
Speaker 4: Yes, go into details about why.
Speaker 1: You know what, men that can take constructive criticism one.
Speaker 4: Thing he could do better. Let's work on one step at a time.
Speaker 6: And for some reason, I didn't do enough fourth place stuff. Okay, I'm open to I'm open to feedback.
Speaker 3: You should assume you didn't.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, you know, actually, maybe we shouldn't be asking what he could change. Maybe it's better to ask you, Sierra, why you said that to him?
Speaker 5: Yes, when I said, oh, you're definitely in the top five of five, I was trying to be playful. I was trying to make a joke. I was to be kind of said, yes.
Speaker 6: I was kidding.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was a joke.
Speaker 1: After sound button or something we could have hit there.
Speaker 5: He's definitely top four for sure. Let's just.
Speaker 1: I think so it doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: It's better, yes, but you have to do anything that was great?
Speaker 6: Can we can we please stop talking about one number i'm ranking.
Speaker 5: Okay, Yes, I'm so sorry. I'm just so embarrassed. I was trying to make a joke.
Speaker 1: You definitely have said your apology.
Speaker 4: And I think gets the idea that you didn't mean it. But we mean this when we say we'd like to send you out on another date, the two of you, Ashwin, if you're willing to give her one more chance, we would don't let.
Speaker 1: Your pride stand in the way of this one. Ashwan.
Speaker 6: Yeah, no, her excellent definitely definitely makes me feel better and embarrassed that I can't take jokes about best time, But yeah, no, I definitely would be interested in another date.
Speaker 4: All right, So congratulations. That means Sierra you got what you came for another date with Ashwyn.
Speaker 5: Thank you, so so, so so much.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I feel like we just had two listeners who own their own mistakes, which was just wild on this show it happens to.
Speaker 5: Be really bad at the show and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: After months of waiting, we finally got Ashwyn and Sierra back on the phone to give us an update update.
Speaker 2: And you know, the.
Speaker 4: Last time they were on there was definitely a lot of talk about romantic rankings and room for improvement, and we should just ask first off, I mean, Ashwan's here, Are you two still together?
Speaker 2: Is that still happening?
Speaker 6: Yes, we are. We're still at it.
Speaker 5: Still.
Speaker 4: That's an interesting way to say, yes we are.
Speaker 5: And I am very happy to tell you that I have officially bumped up his ranking top yeah, top to.
Speaker 6: She's such a Kidder's joking.
Speaker 5: I mean, I'm not, I'm not totally joking, Oh my god, but you know, he's still really really good. He's like top two.
Speaker 6: Well, I mean, I guess I can practice some more to make sure that I get to number one.
Speaker 5: Okay, baby, you got your work cut out for you. There is so much.
Speaker 4: Yet all right, well sense she's kidding or not, I don't know, but at least she believes in you, Ashwy. That's that's good and maybe enough talk about the rankings. We're happy that the show was able to get you two together, and it sounds like you're continuing with something with the possibility of a long term relationship.
Speaker 2: So that's great.
Speaker 5: Thank you, guys.
Speaker 6: We're yeah, we're happy.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 6: There.
Speaker 2: Yeah, at least one of you is.
Speaker 4: So keep us updated on your relationship and the ever changing rankings of romance.
Speaker 2: Keep up with the show. We appreciate it.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 2: All right, it's Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.