Speaker 1: From Hollywood to you, thank you for listening to us.
Speaker 2: On air with Ryan Seacrest.
Speaker 1: You know, circulating this week, Uh, there have been group texts about Cardi B, group texts about Dan Buttner, and group texts about a homemade healthy version of a Snickers. Yeah, that Tanya is sent to us. And it was very funny that you sent us this video. So Tanya was talking about she made homemade Snickers, and we said we didn't make enough to bring into everybody. I made too. What it's dates, peanut butter and like a chopped up peanuts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, basically, and then you put a dark chocolate and coconut oil on top.
Speaker 1: And it actually sounded great. It's a healthy version of a of a candy bar.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Last night before I go to sleep, what do I see? There's no there's really no audio. It's just you spreading peanut butter and drizzling peanuts on top of dates last night. Yeah, all six of them.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: They they're very potent. You don't need more than one or two.
Speaker 1: Dates are sweet and strong.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so do you have them? I do?
Speaker 4: I have them right here.
Speaker 1: Let's see them. That's very nice.
Speaker 2: Let's open that ups the lish Yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Think this would be great with coffee. And there's chocolate on top.
Speaker 4: Yeah, chocolate.
Speaker 1: Do you cover it up like that?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: So then the chocolate hardens?
Speaker 6: How long is that?
Speaker 3: So basically what you do is you take the dates, you smash them on the bottom so they kind of are like the caramel and the snickers, and then amal caramel?
Speaker 1: The caramel? Yeah, carmel. Well, come over here, y'all want some caramel.
Speaker 3: And then you put peanut butter on top of the dates. Then you chop up actual peanuts for the crunch, and you put peanuts on top of that. Then you put that in the refrigerator. Then you make your dark chocolate and coconut oil so it's like, you know, it's not so thick. Well yeah, and then basically you just pour that on top and then put it all back in the refrigerator so it firms up.
Speaker 1: It's actually a great snack for your kids for the weekend. That's the health version of a candy bar.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it tastes like a candy Where.
Speaker 1: Did you get where'd you find that?
Speaker 4: Like some on TikTok? I don't know, tiktalk, Yeah, my own recipe, good talk, Yeah.
Speaker 1: All right, So what do we got today? Sunshine his in. It's hot again. Highs in the mid eighties, so hot, my garlic.
Speaker 2: It's gonna takes close up, No, my god.
Speaker 1: Mid eighties, hundred Inland, some clouds this weekend highs and the upper eighties, low hundreds Inland. Got football this weekend, guys, I know so excited.
Speaker 6: Make sure that you're ready to go. If you forgot to say your lineup yesterday, then it's too late.
Speaker 1: Okay. Well, yes, and UCLA is playing. It's Sisty's Alma manor San Diego State.
Speaker 2: Oh I love that.
Speaker 6: Well that's a tough one for me because I would run if they go Ucla.
Speaker 2: But now I don't go.
Speaker 1: To see host Stamford Tomorrow night, Rams Chargers. Everybody playing both playing, by the way, Rims Chargers. Both games are one twenty five Sunday, So you got to make your choice.
Speaker 6: Well, obviously for me, it's Chargers and Tailgating. Get out there early.
Speaker 1: You're going, Yeah, home opener.
Speaker 2: I never missed the home opener.
Speaker 1: You are very good at constant support for our teams, very.
Speaker 2: Good, well cheerleader at heart.
Speaker 1: Disneyland tickets This morning we got a hometown husts are coming up. It's a free gas Friday CARDI b is on the show this morning. She got new musical bongos. Literally just out. Yeah, I'll tell you what you can know about that. We'll talk to her.
Speaker 6: She was just a I see at disney She was at Disneyland celebrating her youngest birthday. I think he turned two, wave wave right. Her kids are the same age as mine, five and two.
Speaker 1: I wonder if they do the same things.
Speaker 2: Probably into the same things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you guys should have play dates. We could set that up. Yes, Tonny was just telling us that you want to start your Christmas shopping soon. I like that.
Speaker 4: Okay, I want to do this every year. I make a point.
Speaker 2: Do you say this every year?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: But I want to do it this year. I want to believe you.
Speaker 3: I want to have my Christmas and Hanukkah gifts done before Halloween.
Speaker 1: I think it's great. Actually, will you do it? And what do you need? What's the path to do it? I often think the same thing, and I find myself rushing to get all y'all stuff, like the staff stuff, literally ten days before Christmas.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I wanted to.
Speaker 3: I like my gifts to be thoughtful. I don't like to give expensive gifts. I like to try and do thoughtful gifts, and so you have to do those early because they take longer.
Speaker 7: Ship.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, she's saying, because my gift is not always so thoughtful that it's not as good of a gift.
Speaker 4: Hey, first of all, this was not about you.
Speaker 2: He always turns it.
Speaker 1: Around to be about turning it around to be on me. I'm just saying she's subliminately saying, oh, make your gifts more thoughtful this year.
Speaker 3: No, I'm actually literally just talking about my gift giving and I want them. I always want them to be thoughtful, and sometimes they don't end up thoughtful because I'm waiting to last a minute and I'm like.
Speaker 1: Oh, okay, so what are you going to get, sisteny.
Speaker 2: That's such a weird thing to say.
Speaker 1: Well, do you know? Have you thought about it?
Speaker 4: I've thought about it. I've thought about it.
Speaker 1: Okay, is can you Is it a paper mache? Is it construction paper and popsicle sticks?
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna tell that. This is not the point. The point is how do I now make it a point to do this?
Speaker 2: Why do you do gifts for each other this year and we do an experience.
Speaker 1: Oh you mean like a group experience.
Speaker 6: Yeah, like like the three of us are like or with our significant others.
Speaker 1: I like that idea. It could be fun, makes it a little easier, but.
Speaker 4: You're always busier on it's like your birthday and then you have work.
Speaker 2: Well, no, we don't have we plan it now it's September.
Speaker 1: You know what, I could actually do it before Halloween exactly.
Speaker 6: I call it Christmas out or you we celebrated like around maybe jingle Ball all time or something like that.
Speaker 7: Oh, we always.
Speaker 1: We always say we're going to do something around Jingball, and jingle gets busy. But I like it. I really think that if you're hearing this now, to advance plan to get a jump on it. I guess that's the message here. We got ninety days until Hanukkah and one hundred and five six seven eight days until Christmas.
Speaker 3: Because once Halloween comes, then it's Thanksgiving and then it's just everything goes fast.
Speaker 1: Just texting my brother about Thanksgiving brother.
Speaker 4: In law, Oh, brother in law. Oh you call me your brother, that's so cute.
Speaker 1: No, actually, my brother, my buddy brother. I call my buddies my brother six to my brother.
Speaker 6: Since when, because that's the first time you've ever said that.
Speaker 1: Well, if you're to read my text, you would see that I call brother my friends brother.
Speaker 7: Brother.
Speaker 1: What are you doing for Thanksgiving? Brother? I call I call a lot of people brother.
Speaker 4: Who was this brother?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Assumed off right now when you said it? Anyways, continue Wait, it didn't didn't sound right. It did sound brother rada, brother rada. Anyway, but I call brother, I call it ted brother, I call him on brother.
Speaker 8: What is Robbie?
Speaker 1: What is Robbie? Michael called their buddies pal.
Speaker 2: They're friends.
Speaker 1: I guess they say hi, friend, But you like to get together and Buddy, Hey, Buddy.
Speaker 4: Hey bud or bud.
Speaker 1: I feel like bro is such an l a thing that I really overused. Bro all right, anyways, covered a lot. It'ly give me give me one of those snicker thingies. Your morning hack is next. So this is so fascinating. Who in the back room is going on a date this weekend?
Speaker 7: Not me?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 8: Well, who in the studio is going on a date this weekend?
Speaker 1: Buddy? All right? Who listening in LA is going on a date this weekend? We've got the night to not do it, Oh, Saturday tomorrow, she says, I totally disagree with this. She says weekdays are great because you're already dressed for work.
Speaker 2: Wants to go straight from work.
Speaker 1: Agreed, I did, that was my move. But don't you have a machine like a funk? I have a total sheene after we do this show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I agree, this is the best heck ever. Saturday nights is giving them too much too soon?
Speaker 1: No, it's about you. When is it most convenient for you? Forget about giving them It's not.
Speaker 3: Convenient because what if it's a horrible day, then you wasted your one night of the weekend to this loser.
Speaker 1: That tell me you always say you double book anyways, you don't waste the night, you waste like forty two minutes.
Speaker 6: My official first date with Michael was on a Friday, May twenty second, two thousand and nine.
Speaker 4: It's given him too much power.
Speaker 2: Well, obviously it wasn't.
Speaker 8: All right.
Speaker 1: So place is a crowd less crowded they say during the week, and you've got a good excuse to leave because of work, right if it's going exactly, save Saturdays for fun with your friends. And we know that's equally important too hang out with your friends.
Speaker 3: Unless you work for Ryan Seacrest, then you could always use the excuse of I gotta go American top forty tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Is that what is not a thing? That's a white lie?
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 3: If I slept over anywhere on the Saturday night and I wanted to gt f O, I was like, I have work, and they're like work, and I was like, you know, Ryan, American party down.
Speaker 1: To start at six am. He loves a Sunday start counting them down. Well that that doesn't Yeah, I could try and use that, but then I'd be in the car and it's on. Yeah, yeah, it's not it doesn't work. Well, Okay, here's a quote for today Friday.
Speaker 8: Quote.
Speaker 1: Listen to this friendly reminder that you have zero control over how other people perceive you, so you might as well just be the person you want to be, which I and so ironic because we literally sit meetings where people tell us how you listening perceivers true?
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, it's gonna be.
Speaker 1: Well, that's the point. We're trying to be who we are and hopefully you perceive it well.
Speaker 9: Just FM headlines with siciny well unionized writers and Actors rallied in front of the Amazon Studios in Culver City yesterday in favor of a state bill that would grant them unemployment benefits during the strike. The Writers Guild of America as you know, has been on strike for four months and members say it's exhausting their savings. The bill still needs to pass legislation and be signed into law by Governor Gavin Newsom. The red tide has returned to SoCal and that means bioluminescent waves are lighting up the coast. So the bioluminescent algae was first spotted in San Diego and it's slowly making its way up the coast, most recently reaching spots in Orange County this week. So at night, though, is when the water lights up and turns to what many describe as electric blue. They're saying the best times to view maybe between nine pm and three am. And Eric Church, Miranda Lambert and Morgan Wallen will be the headliners for Stage Coach next year.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: That lineup was announced yesterday and.
Speaker 6: The annual three day festival as you Know will be held after Coach Ella April twenty six through the twenty eighth.
Speaker 2: In Indio on air with Ryan Seacret.
Speaker 8: This is an hour of a lot of things.
Speaker 1: You might want to check out Boston wedding traditions, Pani's got that, Cardi b'es got a new song called Bongos. We got her. Joining us in a few and right now I'm going to bring in a secondary coach, Danny the World champions Little League World Champions right out of El Segundo here is one of the best moments of all time when you think of Little League World Championships. It does it against.
Speaker 8: World Series champs.
Speaker 1: Look home run. Yeah, joining us now, coach Danny from El Segundal Coach, congratulations on the global win.
Speaker 8: Is it still sinking in?
Speaker 10: Thank you very much, thanks for having me on this morning.
Speaker 8: Yeah, of course.
Speaker 1: We're gearing up enough for the parade on Sunday. It's at noon on Main Street and Elsegundal from Imperial. I think they set down to Grand Avenue. But you guys did it. What were the moments like after the big global win coach with the kids.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I gotta go back and think about all this stuff since then. It was incredible. I mean the fact that it ended the way it did. Uh, you know, that's a that's a dream for a lot of us at the early ages when we go in the backyards and we playing things through our minds and a three tie tie game and the last inning it's the World Series. It's the last game, and to let it be hit out, you know, to hit them all out to win the game and celebrate. I mean, it's like what Kirk Gibson did and the Dodgers, you know, and that wasn't to win the series, but that was to win a game. It was so big, So you imagine what that was and what that feels like. And so afterwards it was just you know, shock of like, oh my god, what do we just do? And then it was like pure joy. And then it was like we all cried together because that was our mission for three years, is to get to the World Series and then win it all. And we just did that. We dreamt it, and we're still on cloud nine and I'm exhausted. I wish I was sleeping on the cloud, but unfortunately I'm not.
Speaker 1: Coach Danny el Segondo, World Champion Little Leaguers and the sound of your voice, I can tell it motivates, like just the cadence of your voice is a motivating factor. And I know you've talked about winning a lot, right it's reading this you talk about winning, but also teaching the kids the right way to win? What does that mean? I think that's interesting.
Speaker 11: So you know I teach.
Speaker 7: I'm a lot.
Speaker 10: I'm a lot a big motivator of life lessons through sports. Right, So everything you do as coaches or I do as a coach, there's a lesson to be learned. So one of my mottos is do what others don't today so you can accomplish what others can't tomorrow. And that goes a long way, not just in sports, but that goes a long way in life. Like keep working harder what you're doing, and you'll pass up the next guy that maybe had had more talent than you at eight or nine or ten or eleven or wherever you are in your life. But if you keep working harder what you're doing, you'll get noticed and you'll pass those guys that have stopped, you know, because they thought they were big or they thought they were too good. So that's one of the things I teach. Also, the other thing I teach is family. I come from a very large family, all born and raised in Venice Beach, California, and we always just appreciated family, whether it's through music or sports or anything else. We always talk that.
Speaker 11: So I teach the kids is that if you play like a family, especially in a team sport, and you know that if you look to your left, you look to your right, and you know that's what you're playing for. Those are your bros, Those are your buds, those are your family, And even if you lose, you still win knowing that you still have family that loves you no matter what happens. So we pride ourselves on playing together as a family, and that's what took us over the top.
Speaker 1: You come from a good family.
Speaker 10: I can tell, very good, very large, the Lenin family in Venice, the Lenin Sisters, the band Venice, Lawrence Welk Show, and then my dad's side.
Speaker 11: Yes, it's a very loving, wonderful family.
Speaker 1: Coach Danny Elsa Gundo Little League World Champions. You want to go see that parade Sunday noon, Main Street Elsegundo, go check it out. Congratulations. You know you mentioned the bros. Those brothers on the field will have bros brothers forever for life. They'll be friends. They'll have that relationship in that bond forever, won't they.
Speaker 11: Yeah, And that's that's just the key of life. You know, that's the key of life.
Speaker 12: You know.
Speaker 11: We we are champions because of of what we accomplished, right, the family of the baseball field, But we are family because of the values we have off the baseball field. And that's a huge, huge part of life. You know, success in life is created around building a family type of atmosphere. In a situation like this.
Speaker 1: With a team that's great, go enjoy that celebration. Coach Danny, thanks for coming on.
Speaker 11: Thank you guys for having me.
Speaker 7: You bet right.
Speaker 1: I mean, he sounds like the motivating coach that you have, right noticed, Tanya, he said brothers. They already called themselves brothers, bros, bros, brothers friends. Okay, good, So free gas Friday, I got free gas for you in just a minute. Then Cardi B new song Bongo's out today. Check it out. Some lyrics that are uh, you know, they're lyrics, but it's a great song. He works hard. So Cardi B meggan this team enough.
Speaker 8: They did this.
Speaker 1: They teamed up before you know that. It was a smash global sensation. So they've got a real rhythm together and they've proven that again in this next track. But we're going to talk to her about it in a few minutes. Meanwhile, let's focus on weddings. You know that I have opinions, and Tanya has a story about someone well known who is throwing out at least one of the wedding traditions.
Speaker 3: Tanya yes, And honestly, when she said this, it kind of blew my mind because I've never thought of it that way. So Alex Cooper, she's the host of a very popular podcast that's called Call Her Daddy. She is recently engaged, and she's been really open about her wedding planning. So in one of her last episodes, she even took listener's wedding dress shopping with her, and she's going through several different venues, so she's really kind of giving all of her listeners a sneak peek into wedding planning. But there's one tradition that some say is very anti feminist and that she will not be partaking in, and that is having her dad walk her down the aisle. And I thought that was so interesting. I was like, why in the world would she not want her dad to walk her down the aisle. She said, I love my dad so much that it has nothing to do with my relationship with my dad. Getting married traditionally is based in a misogynistic culture. A woman is being given away to a man by her father. I just want to do it myself. This is a decision that I'm making individually, and I honestly never thought of it that way, Like I never thought I guess I never really thought of the meaning or the culture behind a wedding, And it really is like the dad giving away his daughter to another man, and it's like it is very antithesis.
Speaker 1: So now that you think of it, you look at it through different lens. How do you look at it with your father if you already married.
Speaker 3: So I think about that all the time because I've thought about that with my dad my entire life, and I definitely want him to me. I think it's going to be it's less of my dad giving me away to a man. It's more of my dad walking alongside me like he was my first love and he's like handing me off, you know the same thing, giving me his blessing and cisiny.
Speaker 1: When you got married, you did it traditionally, you know.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there was like a lot of traditions that we did for our wedding, but it was also a different time, was ten years ago, which I think like has changed in the way weddings are celebrated now. A lot of traditions aren't even done, like the garter toss and cutting of the cake. Going to many weddings where they don't even do that stuff anymore, and we did it at ours. But I couldn't even imagine, imagine doing my wedding without my dad walking me down the aisle.
Speaker 2: But you can totally make your wedding whatever you.
Speaker 6: Want to be, you know, and any when it even comes down to what the officiant says, you know.
Speaker 2: They don't they say, who gives this bride away?
Speaker 6: Like you don't have to have that in the script, you know, like you can make it, make them say whatever they want, like they don't have to say that.
Speaker 1: I'm an advocate for that. But again, which is so weird to all of the people that are close to me that I'm so kind of untraditional from the most traditional parents and family on the planet, like in my parents who are still married. But I think that if it were to ever happen. I'd want to do it quietly and then have a celebration and just kind of not do all those standard things.
Speaker 6: I think that that's how you would do it, and your family would respect it and it would still be fine.
Speaker 1: And I said, hey, by the way, we're married. I got married on Friday. Oh my, they would not be cool.
Speaker 2: But in this day, her podcast is called call her Daddy?
Speaker 1: How is she not going to.
Speaker 2: Have him walk down the aisle?
Speaker 4: It's not about her daddy.
Speaker 3: It's like basically saying, like call her daddy, you know, it's not like a man.
Speaker 6: It's like called her then like the girl the womans, what happens with So did he ask for her dad's hand in marriage?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 1: Did did they do all the behind the Yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Did that happened. I didn't hear. I did not hear how that went down.
Speaker 2: Because there's already there's those traditions as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's so interesting when you think about it.
Speaker 1: Right, I mean, Alex should call her daddy and tell him he's out at the wedding day. Job.
Speaker 2: It is such a weird thing when you think about it.
Speaker 6: Michael always jokes that, like him and my dad made a deal at the Kotella Deli.
Speaker 2: He's like, that's where I asked your dad at the.
Speaker 1: My dad has shown me the room where Jimmy talked to my dad about my sister. Here's the room we sat in and talked about all the tradition.
Speaker 2: On air with Ryan Seacrest.
Speaker 1: Ryan Seacrest with you, Cisiny and Tanya who just played Cardi B's new song to me during the mix for a second to get a little vibe the song. It's out today, Cardi B and Megan the Stallion's new song. It's new music today. It's called Bongos. Is this Cardi B? Timed out perfectly as we're talking about her.
Speaker 2: Yes, it is Cardi B.
Speaker 1: Is this one Cardi B? Hi one and only Cardi B. It's Ryan's Seacrest, Systney and Tanya with you. How are you?
Speaker 12: I'm good. I'm so sleepy. What time is where are you at?
Speaker 11: Well?
Speaker 1: This is what we do. We're at work, So we come to work first thing in the morning. I have a coffee and a kombucha, a healthay kombucha first thing in the morning to get me going. Do you have a morning routine, like when you have to do an early rise CARDI like something early in the.
Speaker 12: Morning is too strong for my stomach in the morning.
Speaker 7: I don't think you could do that.
Speaker 12: I have to drink my morning coffee in the morning. Like, I don't want to talk to nobody, So.
Speaker 1: You before you you don't there's no dialogue until you've had your coffee.
Speaker 12: No, I don't like to talk to nobody if I don't drink my morning coffee.
Speaker 1: I get that. Well, we we definitely have our and we talk. I get that.
Speaker 7: Girl.
Speaker 1: Well didn't you We just saw you were at Disneyland celebrating your son way second birthday.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 12: Yes, And I was so sad because I really wanted to throw my son a big birthday party like this, that's what I do, Like, I love going big birthday parties. But like I was, I was stuck in California for a minute working, and I'm like, I don't really have time, like you know, so the whole crazy birthday thing because I'm booked and busy for like this past week. But like he loved Disneyland, so it was like, okay, cool, whatever, remember it?
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I guess at that age you can't what rides? Can you really ride?
Speaker 12: We went to a couple of rides. He has a little fun time. He was, you know, like Disney too, Like you could see there's like a lot of rides that there's just like you could see. It's like for visual Okay.
Speaker 1: So can you can you walk me through this? Cardi Cardi b with us this morning. About to get to your new song here in a second, but just walk me through this. So there you are Disneyland, You're with your kids, People recognize you. What is the most common thing people say to you out in the wild, like that, did they sing a song to you? Do they like do they try and perform for you?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 12: Stuff like that. But sometimes that my security just like brushes people away, and I just may present that I'm deaf. It's like, yeah, okay, I don't hear you, guys, I don't hear you.
Speaker 1: She said, she's busy for the next week. It looks like you're gonna be busy for the next many many weeks and months into a year or so more. Last time we spoke, I think it was it was three years ago or so, and it was your first collaboration with Meghane Stallion. And now you've got a brand new one called Bongos out today. What can you tell us about working with Megan the Stallion the second time and this song, Well.
Speaker 12: You know, if feel like working I just I just answered that question earlier and it's like working with Megan thee Stallion to me is just like I really want people to know that when me and Meghan the Stallion do a collaboration, it's not just like a collaboration, it's like a lot, a lot just put in you know what I'm saying, because this by the way that the song is structured, we send you like long verses and we had to like chop it up, make sure it sounds good, like that sounds good, but like put our voices together because we always kind of do like like a back and forth, so we always got to write in the song and then after everything sounds right and we get it together, then we start thinking about visual and talking about a whole bunch. It's a lot that goes in and from from the creativity to the fashion to the choreography. Like it it's a lot of work that we put in on everything, like even for the covers, Like it's really funny like me and her did just to be funny, but like the covers of bongos of the song is not on theme with the song or the music video. We did that to confuse the people. So I feel like when the music video come out and the song come out, they're gonna be surprised.
Speaker 2: The journey.
Speaker 1: What what can you tell us about bongos? Though, Like, here's a couple of lyrics. I can recite honey Shoes like a noun five or three two one left off go and with this homie. The other lyrics in between are a little dangerous for me to say. But what for people who are gonna hear it? What can they expect?
Speaker 7: I feel like this is.
Speaker 12: Like electric, Like I feel like it's gonna make people want to dance because as soon as I heard the beat, it just made me want to dance. And then, like you know, when I was showing my husband like these like the different songs that I have, He's like, oh, there's gotta go, Like I could hear this in the club. I love this record. And then like like my teene, like my glad team, they really like the record, And I just feel like this is gonna make you get up and dance, Like for sure.
Speaker 2: It's true.
Speaker 1: We need that. That's what we want, right Yeah, So you've been working on new album you states coming soon? Any news on that the.
Speaker 12: Album is definitely coming soon, That's what That's what I'm gearing up to do right now, Like everything is gearing up for, like the album. It's not that I come out this year, but it's gonna come out.
Speaker 1: Got it. Everything you do is exciting, you know, you just you bring that excitement. We know that you work hard, and I love to hear that you guys collaborate together and really focus on the detail of everything.
Speaker 8: It shows.
Speaker 1: I mean, last time you and MEGANE. Stellian did this, you broke records. I remember reading the headlines about you breaking records on the chart with that song.
Speaker 12: Yes, and we're very happy, very grateful, and we hope that we could do it again. We just hope that, like we bring some happiness with our songs, and I really wish and we really hope that people like appreciate like the fact that we're doing something very different that is out of our elements, and also that it's like we put a lot of time and we put a lot of work. We really want this like to go like it's like it's not like, oh, put I put sixty percent, if you put seventy percent. We both go fifty fifty on this like and we trust each other. Like it's like like you trust me, I trust you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's do it well. It shows Bongos is out today. If you've not heard it, check it out right now, V one and only, Cardi B don't make it three years next time. It's great to talk to you.
Speaker 12: Oh thank you. I'm not I'm not gonna do that, and I have to promise myself that I'm never gonna do it again because waiting so long brings me anxiety. And it's just like like it's like I'm like nervous talking to everybody. I'm nervous talking to you, and I'm like why am I nervous? Like why am I shaking while I'm talking.
Speaker 1: The fact that you get nervous so just shocks me because you have so much confidence when you perform. I feel like there's no shortage of confidence with you.
Speaker 12: It's not even about confidence. It's just like, I don't know, anxiety probably kicks in when you're thirty or something like.
Speaker 1: You that's gonna be the best years, all right, Cardi, thanks for colling. We'll see you real soon. Okay, good luck, thank you. Thanks so interesting, right, I mean there's Cardi b And when you think about every performance you've seen, it's max confidence.
Speaker 6: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Yet she's gets nerves in anxiety makes me love for even more bongos. It's so good.
Speaker 8: I'm a hustle.
Speaker 1: I love this segment where we spot light local businesses. And this is something that I don't totally understand. Candle. I love candles. I love two wick, three wick a wick. I love candles. I have a lot of those little candles that you can light, the tea leaf candles and they burn out you have to worry about. So imagine you know me, seven thirty at night lighting those little tea leaf candles in a nice little design before I get down and stretch in my pigeon pose. Wow, decadent, and I'll ever do it. But it sounds nice. Yeah.
Speaker 7: I was like.
Speaker 1: Our hometown hustle at a ranch Cucamonga right here, design these candles that are good for you. Get a whiff company, Lance Wilson, bring in Lance now, Lance, good morning, and welcome to our hometown hustler segment. Get a whiff company where celebrating that. Congratulations, thank you. There's a great story here. I know you started off initially making these candles like good for you candles, selling them at farmers' markets and hustling and doing on that before you built the company up. We wanted a spotlight that. But help us understand why you even started the company. What's in candles that's bad for us? And what don't we know?
Speaker 13: Well, my family, I just noticed when I was a kid, if I went to like my grandma's house or my aunt's house, everybody had scented candles. And I like the idea of making something with my hands. So it seems really appelling to me. As far as within candles, it just depends on which candles you buy. But a lot of the ones you'll find at the big box stores they have known carcin engines in them. You're breathing those in every time you light them. So we do our best to make sure we avoid using any any known carcin engines in our in our fragrances in our candles.
Speaker 1: And the packaging is very cool, It's like a natural looking packaging. What are some of the scent I you know, it's for me. Aroma changes my mood when there's a greater a roma in my home, or a great aroma anywhere could be food could be candled. Totally puts me in the right headspace. What are some of those fragrances?
Speaker 13: Yeah, totally. I picked out a few that I like the names the most of. So some of my favorites are Citrus Protection Program. We have one called Socially Acceptable Drugs, which is like a Coffee Sense hippie Peroma. That's like our Petuli Sense Amber Management class. And then one of our most popular ones is a Stage against the Machine, which is like a stage in lavender.
Speaker 1: See a sense of humor? I mean, get a whip? Is any of the company, They're gonna have a sense.
Speaker 13: Of me get a liver that yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: So you sell strictly online?
Speaker 13: Yeah, directly we saw online at our site, which is a gatawhisco dot com. We also sell on Etsy and on Amazon and and indirectly we do sell to some small businesses as well. So for the LA region, we fell to retreat in South Pasadina, so you can find them there as well.
Speaker 1: I love it, dude. This segment is really cool. We get to eat. So many people doing something that they love and doing it right here in southern California based in rich Cuokumonga. Get a Whiff Company. If you want to pick out a gift, something good for your house, something that's safe, doesn't a talkin's in it, get one of these candles. They've got real personality. You could tell them the names. Nice to meet you, Congratulations Lance Wilson, keep it up from.
Speaker 13: You too, Thank you.
Speaker 1: I'd see you later, all right, but tell you had a strange look on your face when he was going through the names of the candles.
Speaker 3: They're interesting names. But honestly, this is so important because I used to I used to turn on a candle the minute I would get home and burn them all day. There's so there's so much bad stuff in them.
Speaker 1: And he didn't realize it.
Speaker 4: Didn't realize it.
Speaker 1: No, Yeah, that's a good one. Wonder what that smells like?
Speaker 2: What Juniper gin Oak, Cyprus and cedar Oh on air with Ryan Seabreast, this.
Speaker 8: Is an interesting thing.
Speaker 1: Historia and assisially got details. It was an airline I read about right, and they're gonna do adult section only on the plane. I'm thinking of you, said, remember smoking section and non smoking section on the plane and in a restaurant where the smoke's just gonna stop at seat ten or whatever.
Speaker 2: I remember it in restaurants. I never got to experience it. I'm plane.
Speaker 1: I execulated on airplanes. Get on the airplane and then have in the back coach in the back seats where people could smoke, and then mid section of coach you couldn't smoke.
Speaker 2: That's horrible.
Speaker 1: So you're in a fuselage.
Speaker 3: The planes to Serbia would be like the left side of the plane was smoking and the right side was non smoking.
Speaker 1: Eventually, what genius came up with that concept?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 2: I know, Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: They did the same thing in restaurants. Okay, these tables can smoke, these tables were smoking non smoking. Well, what is there a divider between that doesn't.
Speaker 8: Go to the ceiling.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there are places I've been to where you got like a pool for the kids, kids pool, and then a pool for.
Speaker 4: Adults that I like.
Speaker 2: I like going to a resort where there's adult only pools.
Speaker 1: So now this is about an airplane, tell us who's doing it in what we know?
Speaker 6: It's a Dutch airline and they're gonna kick this off in November, so as I as far as I know, this is the only airline that is offering this, and it'll be an adult only section for the front part of the plane. Sixteen and up. You'll be able to sit in this section, so no small children it will be allowed. But as a mother of three small children and I've traveled with them on airplanes, I think this is genius. I love the idea of having a kid free area when I'm not with the kids.
Speaker 1: Exactly because you're literally full throttle escapism when you're not with you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And then when I'm with the kids, it's I almost make it a point to sit closer to the back of the plane because I feel as if that's where most of the families sit, and it's like.
Speaker 2: I'm with my people. You know, you're courteous, and I am.
Speaker 6: Oh my gosh, I plan if it's like a five hour flight or four flight, I will plan like every hour.
Speaker 2: I have snacks, I have games, I have all.
Speaker 6: The things ready to go, because that's the attention span of these kids. And like I'm so aware of like if Savea is kicking the seat or like whatever, and I'm I'm anxious the entire flight, Like, I'm not relaxed.
Speaker 1: Do you find yourself wanting to travel less because of what you just talked about right now?
Speaker 6: With Savea's age of two, Yes, with her, but the twins are fine. They're like they're five years old.
Speaker 2: They get it. They can sit still and they're.
Speaker 1: It's like I saw this breakthrough with my sister or my niece where they could not they couldn't go, it, couldn't do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a window just.
Speaker 1: Now she's like four and a half.
Speaker 2: Just now, when they turn four, it's like so much easier.
Speaker 1: Well, she's still watching a video I think for the flight exactly.
Speaker 2: But then no, right now too well two and three forget it.
Speaker 6: But like, yeah, we just traveled with Savea this summer and it was just like.
Speaker 1: Like the idea honestly, I mean, you know, it's fine. I don't think that it's such a bad idea. I don't know if it's going to catch on or not.
Speaker 2: Why not? I feel like it should catch off.
Speaker 6: It should.
Speaker 2: It'll be for small legs of this Dutch planning.
Speaker 6: It'll be like Amsterdam to somewhere else, I think, just for now, but then.
Speaker 1: Safe to say we'll never fly this route.
Speaker 6: Maybe you never know, but then eventually, maybe there are other major airlines here in the US that adopt this, because I know that this airline doesn't have first class, so maybe this is their version of first class.
Speaker 8: Right, But I do I charge my kids.
Speaker 6: I still see kids in first class on airlines here, you know, And then that's still not guaranteeing that baby's not going to cry the whole flight.
Speaker 2: And then how bad would that person feel?
Speaker 1: Well, it seems to me kids in first class are spoiled. They probably are going to cry.
Speaker 2: The whole.
Speaker 1: We're gonna get to our weekend watch list in just a little bit, but I would say, you know early to add this to the list. This is something that's on Netflix. I saw it at number one, you know, it's in the top most view things on Netflix. We both watch this and we're obsessed with this. This isn't our obsessed with this kind of stuff. But it's called Live to one hundred Secrets of the Blue Zones. And we've talked to Dan Butener before, who's done the work and the research travel in the world to find out why in certain places of the world people live a long time, they live healthy they live a long time, they live a good life. And I guess what I thought was really cool is that you can hone in on some very simple, attainable common denominators to think about now. And there's a blue zone here in southern California. That's right, Dan, How is that for an intro?
Speaker 7: I couldn't ask for a better one? Right?
Speaker 1: It was totally unscripted, So just go with.
Speaker 7: Me, you channel brilliance.
Speaker 1: Now, listen Sisity. And I stumbled upon this as I know you cute me. It was on and then I saw the popularity on Netflix and I watched the whole series in one sitting. What are what are what's striking people with this?
Speaker 7: Dan? I'm some weird zeitgeist. I think it might be. You know, there's so much money and efforts spent on these longevity hacks and remdesevere and stem cells and so forth, and none of those show any real promise of working in humans yet. And here's here's a set of lessons that we know have produced human humans in four different continents living into their nineties and even hundreds without chronic disease. So why not just take what works rather than what's experimental and hot and you know, put it, put it to work in your life.
Speaker 1: What did you find as those common denominators that we can all use.
Speaker 7: Well, the first one, you know, if you look at all five blue cells and what they've eaten over the past hundred years, they're eating peasant food, basically whole plant based food. The pillars of every longevity die in the world are whole grains whatever happens to be growing in your garden or you know, vegetables tubers like sweet potatoes on nuts worth about two years of life expectancy, and a cup of beans a day probably worth four extra years of life expected Wow. Over over eating unhealthier sources of protein.
Speaker 1: The other thing that and we have a blue zone here in southern California.
Speaker 7: And lots of Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a real sense of community there, right Loma, Linda Lomonlandy.
Speaker 7: So the lessons they give us, I mean lomaland they're Seventh day Adventists, but the lessons are clear. They're mostly you know, eat vegetarian, but they have very strong social circles. They take one day a week where they downshift that it's their sabbath, but you know, for other religions it's you know, Sunday church or or going to the moss, but how important those rituals of down shifting are. And then I think it's just really important to surround yourself with the right people. We know that if our three best friends are unhealthy and obese, there's one hundred and fifty percent better chance be overweight ourselves. Smoking is contagious, alcohol abuse, et cetera. So in the advent, just teach us to surround ourselves with people who are healthy and will become healthy ourselves healthier.
Speaker 1: Dan Buten are talking about the Blue Zones. This on Netflix, if you want to check it out. It's a fascinating It's a beautiful view too, because you get to go all over the world and you get to see, you know, these people from different continents. The one thing you know that struck me and I started really thinking about this is tennis. You had a fact in the series about how tennis adds years to your life, and I'm really going to get back into it. Tell me more.
Speaker 7: Well, there was a study that looked at all sports, running, bicycling, even golf, but racket sports. People play racket sports tend to have the highest life expectancy and That may be because of its range of motion, it may be because you know you're less likely to hit your head, or maybe the social connectivity that comes out of it. And by the way, it's probably not just tennis. I would put pick a ball on the same count.
Speaker 2: I was just going to have this pickleball count.
Speaker 7: Yes. See, that's where you'll find me most days at about this time on the pick a ball court.
Speaker 1: You still have Minnestroni for breakfast every day.
Speaker 7: I think the best way to start your day is a being heavy Minestroni. I have a recipe on my website, but savory breakfast. You won't spike your sugar, you'll have energy throughout the morning, you don't have the sluggishness that comes from eating bacon and eggs, and you'll get about half of your fiber.
Speaker 1: Wow. So Dan Butner with us, who's you know, the father of all these blue zone reports and this series you can watch on Netflix? How long do you think you'll live by doing all this?
Speaker 7: Well, if I look at my life came you know, I'm very healthy for my age. I should make it to about age ninety four. But every decade since eighteen forty humans I've added two extra years of life expectancy. So given the bonus years I should get for living another thirty years, I should make it to one hundred, one hundred even very happy with it.
Speaker 1: I like that. I'm down. I'm down to live that long too, So this is a good stuff. Man. Thanks for coming on. Stay in touch all right, I will.
Speaker 7: And you know, along with the Netflix, I wrote the book Blue Zone Secrets for Living Longer, which took me twenty years, and that's coming out at the same time. And it's always a joy to talk to you, Ryan, And one of these days will actually meet the Blue Zone way face.
Speaker 1: Way, a big beans and some good dialogue.
Speaker 7: There might be a glass of wine in there too, I'll see it.
Speaker 1: Addy. Thanks again. It's true. I'm telling you, if you remember one thing from the show today, remember this. Take a look at it. It could change your life. It might change the way you're thinking about eating in general. Movement, exercise, little things you can do that are easy. And I think he called me brother well.
Speaker 6: And the community thing is interesting because my mother in law plays pickleball every single morning and Childers go to the pickle ball court by herself and then just team up with random people. But because she goes there, now that's her community, and like she either knows them or she doesn't know them, but everyone just works and plays together.
Speaker 1: And my great grandmother Graham lived forever and she used to go bowling. She used to meet her yeah, other great grandmother friends in bowl. Yeah, it's crazy, like you'd Sei's eighty nine years old, a bowling ball.
Speaker 2: I love that. On air on air with Ryan Seacrest.
Speaker 1: Good Friday Morning. Do is they have anything like really exciting they're doing this weekend? Isn't it?
Speaker 2: Tanya home opener for the Chargers.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, I like it.
Speaker 4: Jonas Brothers Show.
Speaker 1: Wow, you guys are busy booked, and I watch whatever you guys say is the best on the weekend watch Lets let's do it for.
Speaker 8: The weekend watch list.
Speaker 1: Just watch Joe So I told you Mine is rabbit Hole Keeper. Suddenly I started it. I like it. I'm into it. It's it's smart, it's fun. It's not different from it's not it is different, but it's not too far from when he played the guy in twenty.
Speaker 8: Four Jack Bauer.
Speaker 1: Oh, okay, it's kind of exciting like that, but it's interesting and I think it's pretty intelligent too, because there's something I have to like go back and watch what they mean by that. So that's on Paramount Plus and I found I'm finding more things on Paramount Plus.
Speaker 2: Oh I have forgotten about Paramount Plus.
Speaker 1: Well, there was a day I wasn't even using it and then stuff shows.
Speaker 4: Up on there.
Speaker 1: Well, don't you watch Survivor? It is on that. I watch a lot.
Speaker 8: Is that where you watch it?
Speaker 3: I'm watching a lot of I'm watching I finished three seasons and I'm in the middle of two more.
Speaker 1: Oh, you've got forty to go? All right, Sisney, what's on your weekend watch list?
Speaker 6: So I kind of missed Jennifer Lawrence, but she's in this movie No Hard Feelings. It came out a while ago, but it's now on demand and it's about her lose see like her childhood home. But she basically gets a job dating a wealthy couple's nineteen year old son, although he doesn't know that his parents hired her to do that.
Speaker 2: So it's a very easy, funny comedy to watch.
Speaker 6: Hire the kid, yes, because he's kind of like nerdy and awkward and so he's about to go to college. I know, is he's about to go to college, and his parents are like, we don't want him to go to college without experiencing like actually like I don't know, like going on a first date and things like.
Speaker 2: It's like it's a very like you'll see.
Speaker 1: It's it's like cool parents. It has a.
Speaker 6: Twist in a turn and it is funny. But it's available for ben on Amazon, Prime, Apple, and YouTube.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you now, Tanya, what's on your weekend watch list?
Speaker 3: So when I'm not watching Survivor, this show was kind of buzzing all around. It's like streaming like crazy right now. But it originally aired between twenty eleven and twenty nineteen, and that is suits. So it's on Netflix now and it's the show that Megan mark Goal was on. It's I watched the pilot and it's actually very interesting. It's about this guy who's basically like making a drug deal and he lands himself in this audition for this law firm and gets the gig and so it's it's a very compelling pilot.
Speaker 4: A lawyer, he's not a lawyer.
Speaker 3: But he has this like crazy he has like a crazy photographic memory. He's actually very very smart and so he gets in, he stumbles in there because he's like doing a drug deal.
Speaker 2: But that has been all over.
Speaker 1: It has been. It's had this whole new life because it was on USA Network for forever ago.
Speaker 4: Yeah, nine seasons.
Speaker 1: We can watch this ruby.
Speaker 14: So I was hooked on The Pod Generation, which I watched on Amazon Prime. It's on demand, but it's basically about the future. It's this couple that goes to this tech company and offer that offers detachable pregnancies. So like in this future, people can basically pay for these pods that carry babies, so you can wear them, you can have the babies, and like, I don't know, it's almost like a for you a home kind of thing.
Speaker 2: No, it's it's it's not real.
Speaker 1: It's just like a fake.
Speaker 8: Christian and here's some breaking news.
Speaker 2: I'm like, this is crazy.
Speaker 14: No, no, no, it's like essentially what the idea of what they think the future could be like, who maybe don't want to carry a baby.
Speaker 1: I'm just looking at the theme here behind the scenes of telemarketers the Pod Generation on demand. I think you should swap Tanya shows and Tanya swap yours, just to change your beat a little bit.
Speaker 14: Have some fun, like I need to watch the cake or something a little mental break and watch the Cake show.
Speaker 6: I do need to do The God Generation reminds me of what of those things we used to have when we were in like junior high.
Speaker 14: Yes, it is, Oh my gosh, it's.
Speaker 2: Totally like that.
Speaker 1: This is on Amazon Prime, Apple YouTube, right. Yes, you know EJ from Kiss Hello, EJ who fills in for me when I'm not.
Speaker 8: Here, which is a good time.
Speaker 1: I tried to listen on the iHeart radio app, but it had my phone not charged the one day I was gonna listen, so I missed it. But just no, I'm I'm gonna listen. I want to hear. I want to. I want to. I might call in.
Speaker 8: I feel like we do a It's a good time, right, guys.
Speaker 2: I love having you here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, matter of fact, I should take more weeks off, you know what. Yeah, thrilled When I'm not here, it's like a little loose, you know, Eja. I think you're going out tonight to Monapella High School for one of our rallies.
Speaker 8: Tell us about that. So we're gonna be out there.
Speaker 5: We're gonna be broadcasting live, hanging out with the kids, giving away some goodies, which I feel like is gonna be a good time. We're gonna be broadcasting live from seven till ten tonight.
Speaker 1: What are you gonna wear?
Speaker 8: Probably a bomber, black jeans, white not short, sounds familiar. I feel like, is it gonna be cold today?
Speaker 1: I'm it'll be cooler this evening and is now Yeah, but jacket. Yeah, kiss offm dot com slash Rallies. That's where you should go if you want to get your kids high schools into this rallies thing where we'll rotate right going. I'm Systney Tany you guys will be out there too, yeah, point.
Speaker 6: There's so many different high schools that we're going to try to hit up, So between all the you know talent here at kiss Well, somebody.
Speaker 2: Will be out there.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's funny. We were talking earlier about how sometimes if we're out socially, when we used to go out on dates or with friends, we'll use this show or this job as an excuse and I'll have to stay out. Right if it's not going well, you just want to bail, right, Mark said, you do the same thing.
Speaker 8: I do the same thing.
Speaker 5: All this is what white lie do you tell, well, what's funny is how so New Year's Eve there was this party going on, and I was like, oh man, sorry, I got to work tonight.
Speaker 8: I gotta be on.
Speaker 5: I got to count down on the radio like I can't come. I would love to come, but I got to be on the radio. And then if I'm going to be on the morning show, don't don't let me have to be on a morning show, because I would be like, guys, I'm sorry, I gotta get up bet and for it.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, the best thing about the morning show schedule is the excuse you guess that no one can argue with. Do you really come on on New Year's Eve?
Speaker 6: No, but they don't know if he's helping behind the scenes exactly.
Speaker 5: I feel like it's the perfect This job is the perfect excuse because I feel like.
Speaker 2: We're so busy.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but in reality we're just on hearing TikTok.
Speaker 1: Look busy, we are busy.
Speaker 4: Sleep is important, guys, listen.
Speaker 8: You know me, I take my afternoon nap, which I still don't understand.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I took one yesterday and it was glorious.
Speaker 1: Gosh, what a dream.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 1: Felt so good.
Speaker 4: I've never been a napper and I'm dabbling.
Speaker 8: You know what it is. It's it's working with me.
Speaker 1: Exhaust you, exhausted everybody.
Speaker 3: It takes one every day. So I'm like, there's got to be something to this. And actually we did a study. We read a study where they say people that nap have like add on ears to.
Speaker 1: Their lives or nothing nap. It's like power naps.
Speaker 11: Yea.
Speaker 1: How long do you go down? Ejay?
Speaker 8: An hour and a half. That's different progres sleep m sleep cycle.
Speaker 5: I feel like Tanya's rubbing off on me though, because I'm watching Love Island.
Speaker 1: Yes he likes it. Wait till she tells you about this new show she's into called Survivor. Oh about uh coming back? Thanks e J for coming look out mana Bello Oilers, He's coming your way.
Speaker 8: Hey on air with Ryan Secret.
Speaker 1: All right, kiss FM. One more thing before we go?
Speaker 7: What is it?
Speaker 4: I always get scared.
Speaker 1: What's the biggest thing I'm looking forward to this weekend? Siny i am?
Speaker 2: You know what it is.
Speaker 6: I'm looking forward to the home opener for our La Chargers.
Speaker 2: WHOA Who's tailgating?
Speaker 6: Michael's gonna be on the grill. Actually it's a griddle. He's gonna be making some tackles.
Speaker 1: Little store's griddling.
Speaker 3: All right, Tanya, you I'm excited about the Jonas brother show at Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 4: Thirty plus songs.
Speaker 2: Thirty plus songs? Are they trying to make it sound like their They.
Speaker 4: Do a lot of songs, they do, but they do a lot of like snippets of songs.
Speaker 1: All right, I'm very much looking fort to something I'll tell you about a Monday morning. Tell us now ruined the whole thing. I'll tell you you never ate my Snickers bars.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, I'm starving.
Speaker 1: Actually here we announce Sisty's gonna say untill eleven. So give me, give me, gimme. That could be your first break eating the Snickers bar. The whole made one. Have a great weekend, guys, Thanks for listening to On Air with Ryan Seacrest.
Speaker 8: Make sure to subscribe, and we'll talk to you again Monday.